=== randa-lunch is now known as randa_
=== xeros_ is now known as xeros
=== Tonio__ is now known as Tonio_
=== Tonio__ is now known as Tonio_
=== Tonio__ is now known as Tonio_
=== popey_ is now known as popey
=== txwikinger2 is now known as txwikinger
=== lan3y is now known as Laney
=== chaoflow_ is now known as chaoflow
=== Tonio__ is now known as Tonio_
=== jibouman` is now known as jiboumans
slangasekgood morning15:57
* fader_ waves.15:57
ttxslangasek: o/15:57
* fader_ is filling in for marjo today.15:57
MootBotMeeting started at 10:01. The chair is slangasek.16:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:01
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2010-03-0516:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2010-03-0516:01
slangasek[TOPIC] Actions from previous meetings16:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Actions from previous meetings16:01
* apw appears16:01
slangasek  * QA Team to retest Kubuntu desktop after ubiquity uploads16:01
slangasek  * slangasek to record server-lucid-ec2-ebsroot work items related to ISO testing integration16:01
slangasek  * seb128 to check on status of outstanding a3 wi for desktop-lucid-new-firefox-support-model16:01
slangasek  * davidbarth to check on budget status of dx-lucid-netbook-launcher-startup-speed16:02
slangasek  * ScottK, slangasek to review python sync/merge candidates ~Mar 1216:02
fader_slangasek: Ara has been performing some of the tests of the pairwise testing efforts.  You can check results at:16:02
MootBotLINK received:  http://pairwise.qa.ubuntu.com16:02
fader_As you can see, Kubuntu ubiquity crashes in both i386 & amd64, so we couldn't perform any of tests for Kubuntu fixes, but we could catch some16:02
fader_new bugs, confirmed others, and we have been communicating those to the installer team.16:02
Riddellit does?  how do i see that?16:03
fader_Riddell: The bugs column on the right has links to the relevant bugs in LP16:03
slangasekbug #532533?16:03
ubottuLaunchpad bug 532533 in ubiquity "Kubuntu ubiquity crashed after selecting the language" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/53253316:03
pittislangasek: outstanding firefox-support-model WI is done16:04
slangasekpitti: ta16:04
slangasekebsroot> still outstanding on my end16:05
pittistartup speed budget> was quite okay until yesterday, but regressed a bit; was discussed this morning, they are investigating16:05
slangasekdavidbarth: did you have a chance to check where netbook-launcher is on its bootspeed budget?16:05
davidbarthslangasek: hi; yes16:05
pittihttp://people.canonical.com/~pitti/bootcharts/daniel-lucid-20100303-1.png was perfect :)16:06
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/bootcharts/daniel-lucid-20100303-1.png was perfect :)16:06
davidbarthslangasek: unfortunately we don't pass; same as for desktop where gnome-panel and the rest of that inftrastructure slows us down16:06
davidbarthsaw that with seb128 and didrocks and there's not much else we can do at this stage16:06
pittiyes, desktop is a lost cause due to compiz mainly16:06
pittiit's 16 s; we can make significant gains by switching to metacity; but it's not on the lucid plan any more16:07
slangasekyes, we're not concerned with desktop, only with netbook16:08
slangasekyou'd better not be saying that netbook is a lost cause :)16:08
davidbarthslangasek: didrocks still has a few tricks up his sleeve to get 1s back16:08
pitti1s! wow16:08
pittiI still know about the background caching in ubiquity (branch merge proposal pending)16:09
davidbarthpossibly, yes we're still loading some things multiple times and that may help16:09
pittithat should buy some .3 s16:09
pittidavidbarth: ah, nice16:09
davidbarthbut to conclude on that, i think that goal should be marked deferred to L+1 due to the infratructure we're still using with that version of the netbook launcher16:10
slangasekwhat goal should be marked as deferred?  the bootspeed goal?16:10
cjwatsonI'm going to do the background caching in ubiquity today16:11
cjwatsonor merge didrocks' work anyway16:12
slangasekok, I've had it clarified that the netbook-launcher is not being used as the reference for the 10s boot, so I don't think we need to spend more time discussing this16:14
pittiso, we optimized the startup and GNOME infrastructure, but not gnome-panel/compiz themselves16:15
* slangasek nods16:15
pittisince they are going to be replaced in 10.10, and bringing them into the budget would mean to rewrite them from scratch16:15
slangasek[TOPIC] QA Team16:15
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Team16:15
=== plopplop is now known as Tonio_
fader_Hardware testing:16:16
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~fader/hw-testing/current.html16:16
fader_ passed:   10 (77%)    failed: 1 (8%)   untested: 2 (15%)16:16
fader_ passed:   30 (100%)   failed: 0 (0%)   untested: 0 (0%)16:16
fader_ passed:   56 (95%)    failed: 0 (0%)   untested: 3 (5%)16:16
fader_ passed:   11 (92%)    failed: 0 (0%)   untested: 1 (8%)16:16
fader_We have also begun a round of manual tests on the laptops in the lab.16:16
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~fader/milestones/lucid/alpha3.html16:16
fader_alexmoldovan has been a rockstar on this, going through and running checkbox interactively on them16:16
fader_Most of what we're seeing is the network manager applet missing (bug 520589)16:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 520589 in network-manager "Network manager icon does not appear in notification panel at startup" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52058916:16
fader_He found some other webcam and audio issues yesterday that we'll make sure to get bugs in for today16:16
fader_Spec status:16:16
fader_marjo says "By default, all 10.04-beta1 work items are on-track."16:16
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-platform-qa-ubuntu-10.04-beta-1.html16:16
fader_cr3 has postponed several items to beta.16:16
fader_[that's it]16:16
slangasekbug #520589> er. icon *missing*?16:17
fader_Oh, I should add we're continuing the manual tests in the lab -- this report represents what has been done so far but there is more to go16:17
ubottuLaunchpad bug 520589 in network-manager "Network manager icon does not appear in notification panel at startup" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52058916:17
fader_slangasek: He's reporting that most of the systems simply don't have the network manager applet16:18
fader_Several do, but most do not16:18
slangasekpitti, davidbarth: do you know what this is about?  is this related to indicator-* support?16:18
slangasekfader_: testing is with alpha-3 media?16:19
pittiit's not indicator-ified; I had suspected the new theme, but the bug is much older16:19
pittifirst time I hear about this problem (never saw this), I'll put it on my list to investigate16:19
fader_slangasek: He was testing with images from yesterday, so post alpha-3 builds by a few days16:19
fader_There were some troubleshooting steps listed in the bug that I've asked him to take a look at as well16:19
slangasek[ACTION] pitti to follow up on bug #52058916:19
MootBotACTION received:  pitti to follow up on bug #52058916:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 520589 in network-manager "Network manager icon does not appear in notification panel at startup" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52058916:20
pittifader_: so you can replicate this? there's no duplicates or other affected persons16:20
fader_alexmoldovan: ^^ this was happening repeatably on multiple systems, correct?16:20
pittilet's discuss in the bug, to not hold up the meeting16:21
* davidbarth reads back16:21
* slangasek nods16:21
fader_pitti: Sounds good; my plan was to work with him on bugs he's found today16:21
fader_So we'll be sure to get as much info as possible for that one16:21
slangasekfader_: is there anything new to report regarding alpha3 tests?  (how are we doing on getting the reported bugs fixed, etc)16:23
fader_slangasek: Nothing yet, other than it looks like hibernate is working much better now16:23
fader_alexmoldovan has found some audio and webcam bugs yesterday that we'll file today16:23
fader_I'll make sure to get you the bug numbers16:23
slangasekfader_: sorry, I meant the report that rounds up all the ISO testing bugs16:24
fader_slangasek: Ah, sorry.  I don't have any info on that one, so I think we'll have to ask marjo when he's back16:24
slangasekas for http://people.canonical.com/~fader/milestones/lucid/alpha3.html, that lists bug #520589 for a number of units - did you say this is testing with daily images instead of the alpha-3 images?  I'm not sure that's appropriate16:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 520589 in network-manager "Network manager icon does not appear in notification panel at startup" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52058916:24
fader_slangasek: Yes, it was with post-A3.  If you'd prefer we use A3 specifically for this I'd be happy to switch to that16:25
slangasekfader_: I don't see the point of doing extensive "alpha 3" testing with a random daily16:25
slangaseksince apparently you're hitting random desktop bugs by doing this :)16:26
fader_slangasek: The goal here was to get manual testing more than a3-specific testing16:26
fader_slangasek: But you're right that it probably makes more sense to stick with one consistent image16:26
fader_We plan to do another round of manual testing during beta; for that I'll make sure we use the 'golden' beta image from the start so we aren't getting a random daily16:27
slangasekfader_: 530380 is targeted to beta-1 but has no assignee; who should take this? cr3?16:28
slangasekbug #53038016:28
ubottuLaunchpad bug 530380 in checkbox "checkbox writes to .cache/checkbox/submission before submission completes" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/53038016:28
cr3slangasek: it's on my radar, I'll assign it to myself16:28
slangasekanything else on QA?16:29
cr3slangasek: I'm waiting for a branch to land before tackling it16:29
fader_slangasek: Nothing else from me16:29
slangasek[TOPIC] Server Team16:29
MootBotNew Topic:  Server Team16:29
slangasekfader_: thanks16:29
slangasekttx: hi16:29
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus16:29
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus16:29
ttxUpdated a couple minutes ago for freshness16:29
ttxBeta1-milestoned bugs:16:30
ttxOnly three left16:30
ttxbug 499389, assigned to zul16:30
ubottuLaunchpad bug 499389 in bacula "karmic->lucid auto-ugprade test failure" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49938916:30
slangasek(the UHT server report)16:30
ttxbug 519513, assigned to kirkland, in progress with upstream16:30
ubottuLaunchpad bug 519513 in eucalyptus "UEC upgrade from 9.10 karmic to Lucid fails" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51951316:30
ttxand the munin MIR dependency, bug 52648016:31
ubottuLaunchpad bug 526480 in liblog-log4perl-perl "[MIR] liblog-log4perl-perl" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52648016:31
ttxthis one is blocked on MIR team review, assigned to asac16:31
asaci am downloading it now16:31
ttxasac: thanks !16:31
slangasekok, great :)16:31
ttxBeta1 specs progress :16:31
ttxHigh/Essential specs at < 40% completion16:31
ttx27% -- Good progress, test deliverables should be generated soon16:32
ttxsoon as in "today".16:32
ttx29% -- Good progress, not impacted by Beta1Freeze or release process16:32
ttxsome issues with the multi-network setup16:32
ttxin a UEC configuration that's not so easy to test at home.16:33
ttx31% -- Good progress, not impacted by Beta1Freeze or release process16:33
ttx33% -- On track (one WI per week). 43% of the target bugs fixed so far16:33
ttx33% -- On track (one WI per week)16:33
ttxBugs affecting server, in other teams:16:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 506297 in plymouth "Graphical Ubuntu logo enabled on servers, no more login prompt" [High,Triaged]16:34
ttxslangasek: are we still on track to fix that one ?16:34
ttxour servers look damn good though, now16:34
slangasekmulti-network setup> is this going to be addressed in time?16:34
slangasekthe plymouth fixes are later than expected, but that particular bug should shake out along with all the rest of the refactoring16:35
ttxslangasek: I hope so. The fallback plan is to use the local test rigs to do that testing16:35
ttxif we can't automate it16:35
Keybukslangasek: I'm in a good progress with that one16:35
slangasekso there's no point in poking at it individually as long as Keybuk is still reworking plymouth's VT handling at large16:35
Keybukwill probably hack over the weekend on it16:35
Keybukbut it's good16:36
ubottuLaunchpad bug 524439 in console-setup "needs porting to udev/upstart" [High,Triaged]16:36
slangasekKeybuk: how soon do you think it will land?16:36
ttxI think cjwatson is on it16:36
Keybukslangasek: by monday16:36
slangasekKeybuk: excellent16:36
cjwatson524439> I have been doing little else for the last three days16:36
Keybukit's obviously just slow to test16:36
ttxhttps://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/527208 (kernel)16:37
ubottuLaunchpad bug 527208 in linux-ec2 "ec2 instance fails boot, no console output on c1.xlarge" [High,Confirmed]16:37
cjwatsonagain, just slow to test16:37
slangasekKeybuk: is there a branch it's worth having me help test / look at yet?16:37
ttxjjohansen was hoping for a fix before EOW16:37
ttxjjohansen1: any updated status ?16:37
Keybukslangasek: only in GIT, and I'd have to push that upstream - and it's not cleaned up yet16:37
Keybukso I'd rather not, since fdo's git server only likes fast-forward pushes and stuff16:38
* slangasek nods16:38
slangasekanything else on server?16:38
jjohansen1ttx:  sorry haven't tracked it down yet, working on it16:38
ttxjjohansen1: ok, thanks16:38
ttxslangasek: no.16:38
slangasek[TOPIC] Mobile Team16:39
MootBotNew Topic:  Mobile Team16:39
slangasekttx: thanks16:39
slangasekasac: hit me16:39
* ogra looks up16:39
asac[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid16:39
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid16:39
asacso I came back on Thu, so i started the rebuild for thumb2 yesterday16:39
asacdid that in a native ppa, but outcome was surprisngly good16:40
ogranearly 1/ยง done \o/16:40
asacwe have 86/323 (not 100% accurate)16:40
ogranearly ...16:40
ograrounded ...16:40
slangasekasac: hum, why in a PPA?16:40
asacpackages now build there ... will get them pocket copy and proceed in similar chunks in the archive on weekend16:40
asacslangasek: because i dditn want to risk loads of packages coming back as ftbfs, keeping us out of sync etc.16:40
asacthe ppa build worked well, so i will continue in archive16:41
slangasekok; further chunks will be in the archive so we don't have the pocket copy overhead, great16:41
slangasek(human overhead)16:41
ograwas just to minimize the risk16:41
asacslangasek: found that cdrkit and cdrdao ftbfs on all archs16:41
slangasekis 326 the total count of packages needing rebuild?16:41
asacso some  postitivefall out16:41
asacslangasek: yes, round about ... i think its 32316:41
asacbut far less than i initially thought16:41
asacand 80 packages built within less a day on all archs ... so seems like we will get most done this weeken16:42
asacassuming builders will be idle with everyone else doing weekend ;)16:42
ograwell, plus possible ftbfs overhead16:42
asacso i will file the bugs on the few packages that failed everywhere16:42
ograwhich will need manual intervention indeed16:43
asacwe only have one or two armel specific failures there atm16:43
slangasekI see you're waiting on FFes; I'll make sure to look at those today16:43
asacso the other big thing is openoffice "uno" investigation16:43
asacmichael is working full time on that16:43
asacwith ARM toolchain guys16:44
asache is probably going for a as-long-as-required sprint really soon to UK to get that nailed down16:44
asacbug 41700916:44
ubottuLaunchpad bug 417009 in openoffice.org "all openoffice apps die in 'com::sun::star::ucb::InteractiveAugmentedIOException' on armel in karmic" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/41700916:44
asacthe other issue we are investigating is qemu breakage16:45
ograi suspect i found a workaround though16:45
asacit seems like IO goes bad after installing loads of packages (didnt see that with small package set before)16:45
ogratesting is still ongoing16:45
asacits bug 53273316:45
ubottuLaunchpad bug 532733 in qemu-kvm "apt/dpkg in qemu-system-arm hangs if a big task is installed" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/53273316:45
asacas ogra said, he might have found a workaround ... but we have to keep an eye on this16:46
* slangasek nods16:46
asacok Image Status:16:46
asacimx51 and dove in good shape16:46
asacthats good news at least ;)16:46
slangasekthe rest of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid looks self-explanatory to me; any trouble spots we should discuss?16:46
asaclet me check16:46
ogralikewise ?16:47
asacbug 517300 might be something serbver team wants to keep on radar16:47
ubottuLaunchpad bug 517300 in likewise-open "[armel] likewise-open needs porting to ARM" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51730016:47
asacand bug 512959 scares me a bit because it shows that there are still bunch of issues potentially hidden in the toolchain - lets hope that doesnt cause issues elsewhere16:48
ubottuLaunchpad bug 512959 in nautilus "causes crashes on armel with -Wl,-O1" [Low,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51295916:48
slangasekhmm, ttx is gone16:48
asacmichael has submitted a patch afaict16:48
slangasek[ACTION] slangasek to follow up on bug #517300 with NCommander16:48
MootBotACTION received:  slangasek to follow up on bug #517300 with NCommander16:48
ubottuLaunchpad bug 517300 in likewise-open "[armel] likewise-open needs porting to ARM" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51730016:48
ograslangasek, err, with the server team rather ?16:49
slangasekright, a patch that he acknowledges is untested; I'll try to get him directed to our internal AD test setup16:49
asacslangasek: remember that NCommander cannot really spend much time on that because he has to do the openoffice stuff16:49
slangasekogra: the server team doesn't have ARM hardware16:49
asacso dont confuse his priorities ;)16:49
slangasekthe last comment says he would support the client side; do you want that part assigned to someone else?16:49
ograslangasek, the mobile team will happily help them but i think it makes sense if they drive it as the package owner16:49
ograslangasek, for submitting the patch upstream apparently things like copyright assignment are required etc ...16:50
asacslangasek: i think he says he will help to test16:50
ograthat should be rather handled by the team thats familiar with upstream16:50
slangasekogra: impractical unless you're giving them root access on ARM hardware somewhere for this16:50
asacafter they integrate the patch he submitted16:50
asacslangasek: thats doable16:50
asacif they dont need control over power knobs etc.16:50
slangasekasac: also, should this really be a priority given that likewise-open is supported as a server component?  Are you expecting ARM server deployments in lucid?16:51
slangasek[ACTION] slangasek to follow up on bug #517300 with asac/ogra16:51
ubottuLaunchpad bug 517300 in likewise-open "[armel] likewise-open needs porting to ARM" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51730016:51
MootBotACTION received:  slangasek to follow up on bug #517300 with asac/ogra16:51
slangasekthere, action amended :)16:51
asacslangasek: server is an interesting market16:51
ograwe build server alternate16:51
asacslangasek: we see multi core arm things with really low power16:51
ograwe dont fully support them (yet)16:51
slangasekanything else on mobile?16:51
asacnot fully supported, but we run the server image16:51
asacand having that is good.16:52
slangasek[TOPIC] Kernel Team16:52
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Team16:52
slangasekasac, ogra: thanks16:52
ograin any case we have a commitment to fix as much of main FTBFS as possible16:52
slangasekapw, ogasawara: hi16:52
apwOverall Kernel Team status is summarised at the first URL below, including the items called out in the agenda.  Beta-1 activity is summarised at the second URL below, with those item pushed out shown as At Risk.  Our burndown chart is at the third URL:16:52
apw[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid16:52
apw[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid#Milestone%20ubuntu-10.04-beta-116:52
apw[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-kernel-team.svg16:52
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid16:52
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid#Milestone%20ubuntu-10.04-beta-116:52
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-kernel-team.svg16:52
apwOf the pushed out items one has now closed.  We have dropped the lenovo-sl-laptop driver as it is confirmed as not required, this closed kernel-lucid-review-of-ubuntu-delta.  The AppArmor pam update is progressing but slowly.16:52
apw 16:52
apwFor KMS are about ready to upload the drm 2.6.33 backport, testing is ongoing on the packaging for the transition.  Boot performance is progressing slowly, but out boot component remains on track.  The AppArmour upstreaming progresses, feeding updates into Lucid.  For suspend/resume we hav some new timeing patches applied.  Of the bugs on the list two are pending testing by users, and two remain under investigation.16:52
slangasekdrm 2.6.33 backport - is that being pulled in to the main kernel package?16:53
apwyes, directly into the kerenl16:53
apwnot a backport in the sence of lbm16:54
pittiapw: I saw the bug today, and it sounded like it'd need another patch from trunk?16:55
pittiapw: but otherwise, thanks so much for getting it so far!16:55
apwyeah i need to change that one up and find out what happened with that patch16:55
slangasekapw: "AppArmor pam update" - namespace collision?16:56
apwthere is an update to pam for apparmor in testing as i understand things16:57
slangasekwhy does pam need an update?16:57
apwjjohansen1, ^^16:57
slangasekjjohansen1: we can take that offline16:57
apwi'd have to defer to john on that one16:57
slangasekwe don't need to block the whole release meeting with my attachment to the pam package :)16:57
apwhehe :)  ok16:58
cjwatsonare you guys tracking foundations-lucid-laptop-mode-tools-integration?16:58
apwi have it on my chart yes16:58
jdstrandI don't have all the details, but that should be the pam_apparmor module-- not all of pam16:58
jdstrandbeyond that, I can't speak to it16:58
cjwatsonapw: do you know if the remaining two WIs are likely to get done for beta-1?16:59
slangasekjdstrand: hum, haven't heard of / seen this module before?16:59
apwcjwatson, thouse two have been slipping, amit has been otherwise engaged this week16:59
jdstrandslangasek: it's new16:59
apwi have not heard they won't make beta-1 but i will poke the nest and make sure16:59
jdstrandwell, old, but new to Ubuntu16:59
cjwatsonis it safe to slip them to beta-2, or would it be safer to defer them?16:59
slangasekapw: thanks (that was going to be my next question)16:59
cjwatson(I don't really know the details)16:59
apwthey look to be the only ones he has which are beta-1 metarial16:59
slangasekthe WIs are weak-FF material17:00
slangasekimplementing power management stuff we aren't currently doing by default17:00
slangasekso I don't want that slipping to beta-217:00
apwslangasek, ack ...17:00
slangasekanything else on kernel?17:01
slangasek[TOPIC] Desktop Team17:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop Team17:03
slangasekapw: thanks17:03
slangasekpitti: hi17:03
pittiFull report with weekly summary, RC bug status, and spec status at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus17:03
pittiexecutive summary of desktop status:17:03
pitti - A few WIs moved from Alpha-3, but A3 was by and large a nice precision landing17:03
pitti - Beta-1 has a lot of WIs at first sight, but much of it is DX integration, and a good chunk are targets of opportunity17:03
pitti - Most pressing items right now:17:03
pitti   * Fix DRM for ATI/nouveau by DRM kernel backport (bug 507148)17:03
ubottuLaunchpad bug 507148 in linux "[lucid] desktop runs out of video memory on ATI Radeon Mobility 7500" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50714817:03
pitti   * Finish F-Spot image editing for non-imported images17:03
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus17:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus17:03
pitti^ (that was just discussed sufficiently)17:03
pitticalled out specs:17:03
pitti - desktop-lucid-default-apps: Remaining important TODO is to get image editing into F-Spot without importing pictures (GIMP removal); Chris Halse Rogers is on it, making good progress. But this will land late and require a FFE.17:03
pitti - desktop-lucid-startup-speed: from the desktop side we call this pretty much finished, as in "that's as far as we can get". Didier still has a pending ubiquity merge proposal for background caching, and OLS team needs to defer sync daemon startup17:03
pitti- desktop-lucid-new-firefox-support-model: Remaining one for Beta-1 is to identify extensions to be kept in archive; Chris Coulson has started in the team now and picking up this work17:04
slangasekpitti: f-spot> how late?17:04
pittinext week, I hope17:04
pittibeta-1, in either case17:04
pittiit's a relatively isolated feature, so it can be tested thoroughly17:04
cjwatsonpitti: pending merge proposal> no he doesn't ... ;-)17:05
pitticjwatson: rockin'!17:05
pittithat's what I get for preparing my notes before the meeting :-P17:05
pittislangasek: the fallback, if that turns out to be infeasible might be to put back gimp17:05
pittislangasek: but I talked to RAOF yesterday (who joined the team now), and he's positive that it should be doable17:06
pittiRiddell: I'm done, please go ahead17:06
RiddellKDE integration patches for Firefox merged in, waiting on upload and on MIR 53184817:06
Riddell# kdebindings now built on ARM (a workaround not a fix but good enough for now), with any luck we'll get images this afternoon17:06
Riddell# New logo still being worked on by Canonical Design Team, this'll break art freeze in a couple of places17:06
Riddell# Upgrade testing/fixing is the priority for next week17:06
slangasekpitti: putting back gimp> surely we haven't left room on the desktop ISO for that...17:06
Riddell# Fixed milestoned bugs this week *  526488 plasmoids overlap on startup17:06
ScottKBug #531697 has All Qt/KDE apps blocked on IA64.  It would be good to get someone to look at it.17:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 531697 in gcc-4.4 "ICE building qt4-x11 in IA64" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/53169717:07
Riddell# 9 milestoned bugs marked as kubuntu http://tinyurl.com/yjybcx917:07
pittislangasek: yes, it'd be 6 MB; but I don't think we have to17:07
ScottK(sorry Riddell, thought you were done)17:07
pittiuh, you actually care about ia64?17:07
Riddellam now :)17:07
=== 92AAABJ1O is now known as pleia2
cjwatsonproblems in basic libraries on ports do tend to produce a hell of a lot of build failure mails, at least17:08
ScottKpitti: We've managed to build on all the ports archs for the last two releases.  It'd be a shame not to for the LTS.17:09
slangasekRiddell: have the design team given an ETA for this new logo?17:09
Riddellslangasek: hard to pin down these creative types, but they promised more on Monday17:10
Riddellit's mainly an issue for the plymouth splash which needs to be implemented on the technical side too, but tseliot says it's not hard17:11
slangasekRiddell: when they do give you more, can you ask them for an ETA on when they'll be finished with it all? :)17:11
cjwatsonRiddell: also gfxboot splash17:11
cjwatsonI imagine17:11
Riddellcjwatson: yes, good point17:11
Riddellslangasek: I'll crack my whip at them17:12
slangasekthanks :)17:13
ScottKcjwatson: If we don't get the ICE for IA64 fixed we'll want to go back and consider qt4-x11 binaries and all the rdepends on IA64 for removal under the unbuildable binaries spec.17:13
slangasekScottK: I didn't think we were doing per-arch removals?  That risks reintroducing bootstrapping headaches17:14
ScottKDepends on how far down you go.17:15
ScottKWe'd consdered it just for Universe anyone on the theory Main would get fixed to build.17:15
slangasekwe can discuss that further offline if you think there's a need17:16
slangasek(I need to make some headway on unsupportable binaries this week, to start with...)17:16
slangasekanything else on desktop?17:16
slangasek[TOPIC] DX Team17:18
MootBotNew Topic:  DX Team17:18
slangasekpitti, Riddell, ScottK: thanks17:18
slangasekdavidbarth: hi17:18
davidbarthslangasek: hi17:18
davidbarthreport at the usual place: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/LucidReleaseStatus17:18
davidbarthsummary for this week17:18
davidbarthgtk csd got deferred to L+1; judged too risky at this stage for an LTS17:19
davidbarthcody and seb128 did an awesome job of fixing tons of issues, but it's an lts, so...17:19
slangasekwhat's been deferred, precisely?  I thought the csd patches already landed17:19
slangasekis it being reverted?17:19
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/LucidReleaseStatus17:19
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/LucidReleaseStatus17:19
pittiyes, they got reverted17:19
davidbarthslangasek: it is reverted, yes17:20
davidbarthseb128 reverted the patch set17:20
davidbarththe new theme does not depend on them, so the impact should be nil17:20
davidbarthreporting on the blueprints targeted for the meeting:17:21
pittiwell, the impact is that the reversion fixes a couple of bugs :)17:21
davidbarth2 app ports remaining: hplip (print jobs) and vino17:21
slangasekhplip, not cups?17:21
pitticups itself doesn't have any GUI17:21
pittithat wuold be system-config-printer17:21
slangasekwell, system-config-printer ties to cups, not to hplip :)17:21
pittihplip has its own Qtish icon17:21
davidbarthslangasek: tracking the print job manager that does put an icon on the panel17:22
davidbarthpitti: right17:22
slangasek(yes, it does, but it's not installed by default and I never use it despite the HPness of my printer setup :)17:22
davidbarthnice to have, UI change is limited; target of opportunity has pitti said17:22
davidbarththe next one is more annoying:17:22
davidbarthmissing dialog to set a custom status; implies 2 new strings and UI (screenshot / doc) change17:23
pittidavidbarth: TBH, I wouldn't waste time on it17:23
davidbarthmissing about-me simplification; similar issues17:23
davidbarthpitti: yeah, but as it's listed, so i do report17:23
pittidavidbarth: wrt. me-menu, is it planned to not show the microblog input field if gwibber isn't running/you don't have twitter accounts defined?17:23
davidbarththese 2 are also nice to have items; the menu works without them, but be better17:23
davidbarthpitti: yes, that's a bug; ken indicated the api i could call to fix that17:24
slangasekdavidbarth: actually, the way the application-indicator whiteboard is set up, those app porting items aren't picked up as work items at all; if you mean them to be, you need to not have a blank line before them17:25
davidbarthso on the me menu, i'll submit a finished patch next week for about-me and will fill the paperwork17:25
davidbarthslangasek: oh17:25
davidbarthslangasek: well, at least now most are DONE17:26
* slangasek nods17:26
davidbarththe rest is for information on other BP:17:26
davidbarththe beta-1 release completes the work on the new command items feature, with both static (.desktop based) and dynamic actions17:26
davidbarthall string changes landed17:26
davidbarthsome minor UI tweaks required (arrow in menus to highlight currently running applications)17:26
davidbarth"output on mute" warning still being worked on; should be available next week17:27
davidbarthString changes landed (shut down -> power off) along with a set of patches for other modules that were using the same wording17:27
davidbarthworking on a patch for nm-applet to avoid spurious notifications when reconnecting (UbuntuBug:460144)17:27
davidbartherr, the formating is not great; it's mostly in the report17:27
slangasekis "power off" the new wording?17:28
davidbarthslangasek: indeed17:28
slangasek(gnome-session changelog said "switch off"; I haven't restarted my session since then, but if it was "switch off" I was going to have to file a buG :)17:28
davidbarthted tracked down occurences of that in other packages17:28
slangasekbecause "switch off" is jarringly unfamiliar in en_US17:28
slangasekbut "power off" is just fine, so no problem!17:29
davidbarthslangasek: hmm, i wouldn't be the best to comment on that ;)17:29
slangasekanything else on DX?17:29
davidbarthquestions on the other blueprints?17:29
slangaseknone from me17:29
slangasek[TOPIC] Foundations Team17:29
MootBotNew Topic:  Foundations Team17:30
slangasekdavidbarth: thanks17:30
slangasekcjwatson: 30 seconds ;)17:30
cjwatson[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:30
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:30
cjwatsonas the server team would put it, "updated a couple minutes ago for freshness" - i.e. written in a rush during the meeting17:30
cjwatsonbug centres continue to be plymouth and ubiquity/kubuntu, both in hand but there are a fair few bugs related to each17:30
cjwatsongfxboot splash for new brand delivered by design team for Ubuntu, pending integration (but I believe documenters are aware of the UI freeze break)17:30
cjwatsonremaining spec work is principally tidy-ups, aside from:17:30
cjwatson * language pack removal in oem-config17:30
cjwatson * hints file for support-timeframe-information17:30
cjwatson * Java and X confirmation for release-collaboration-with-debian17:30
cjwatson * most of supportable-binaries17:31
cjwatson * kernel work in laptop-mode-tools-integration17:31
cjwatsonthe first of those is in hand, I gather the fourth is as well, the third I think is in sync even if not all the is are dotted and ts crossed, the second and fifth I'm unsure about17:31
cjwatsonbut the second isn't (I think) b1-critical17:31
slangasekthird is in sync, but I haven't confirmed that there's a committment (even soft) to stay that way for release, which is what I want to sort before checking the box17:32
slangasekI think I'm pretty clear on the status here, otherwise; anyone else have questions?17:33
slangasek[TOPIC] Security Team17:34
MootBotNew Topic:  Security Team17:34
slangasekcjwatson: thanks17:34
slangasekjdstrand: go go go!17:34
jdstrandI may be able to make the 30 seconds17:34
slangasek[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:34
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid17:34
jdstrandyou can also see from http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-security.html that we are on track17:34
jdstrandwe are committed to the essential items from the first link. of those, the only item that is left is security-lucid-libvirt-apparmor-devel, which is mine and doesn't require a FFe. I hope to get to that within the next week or two.17:35
jdstrandin terms of devel work, we are mostly in bug fixing mode17:35
jdstrand(that's it from me)17:36
slangasekgreat, thanks17:36
slangasekany questions for security?17:36
slangasek[LINK] MOTU17:36
MootBotLINK received:  MOTU17:36
slangasekjdstrand: thanks17:36
jdstrandsure! :)17:37
slangasekScottK: hi, anything to say here?17:37
ScottKLooks like that's just me today17:37
ScottKocaml transition in ongoing (waiting on the next round of syncs)17:37
ScottKPython still has me nervous.17:37
ScottKNothing else.17:37
ScottKAny questions?17:37
slangasekdon't think so17:38
slangasekpython nervousness>  we still have an action to review that status next week, so17:38
pittiScottK: I saw a ping to bug 530305 an hour ago, is there more to it?17:39
ubottuLaunchpad bug 530305 in frama-c "[OCaml 3.11.2 transition][round 5/6] Please sync packages involved in OCaml transition from Debian (sid) to lucid (universe)" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/53030517:39
* pitti will work on that now17:39
ScottKpitti: That's the current action that I know of.  Thanks.17:39
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB17:41
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB17:41
slangasekanything else?17:41
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:41.17:41
slangasekthanks, all!17:41
pittithanks everyone, and enjoy the weekend17:41
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== andregondim_ is now known as Andre_Gondim
=== robbiew is now known as robbiew_

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!