=== anzenketh|brb is now known as anzenketh
dupondjeA bug in non-english, mark it as invalid or incomplete ?00:07
ScottKdupondje: Ask in #ubuntu-bugs00:12
* Laney spanks whoever gave ghc6 back on armel00:18
anzenkethIs there a way you can install a icon on the desktop dh_desktop says it does something with icons but does not install them to the desktop.00:31
AnzenkethI get a error when I try to run override_dh_auto_build was that removed in a newer version?01:46
nigelbI just fixed a bug in debian.  Need to wait till it gets to testing before sycning?01:58
ScottKnigelb: No.01:58
ScottKYou just need to explain why we want it in the sync request.01:58
nigelbok.  The trouble is I dont see the new version in packages.debian.org.  I only see the old version01:58
ScottKHow long ago did it get uploaded?01:59
nigelb1 day01:59
ScottKWhat package?01:59
nigelbI keep seeing 3rd rev here02:00
nigelboh, wait.  its just my cache not refreshing.  bah02:01
ScottKnigelb: rmadison knows about -4, so it'll show up there.  Sometimes it takes a little while.02:01
ScottKrmadison -u debian galrey02:01
nigelbokay :)02:01
MTecknologyIf I'm building a package that has no debian version, should I still add ubuntu1 to the package version?02:10
nigelbyep 0ubuntu102:10
MTecknologythere we go - all uploaded02:11
MTecknologyerr - I guess it's supposed to close a launchpad bug..02:13
MTecknologywhat's teh right way to make a bug report like that?02:14
MTecknologyapport or just make it myself?02:14
nigelbsync request?02:14
MTecknologynew package02:15
nigelbnew package need not close a bug report.  thats in debian I guess02:15
MTecknologyThe changelog does not close a bug from Launchpad. New packages should have a needs-packaging bug and the upload close it using the syntax "(LP: #nnnn)".02:16
ScottKNew package would need a feature freeze exception at this point.02:17
MTecknologyI could upload it for +2 too, doesn't matter to me02:17
MTecknologyI just want to remove it from my ppa and make it easier for the rest of the world02:18
MTecknologyIf I'm not uploading for lucid, what should I upload for?02:18
nigelbMTecknology: oh yeah.  just open a normal bug.  but you need ffe though02:19
nigelbor else wait for lucid+102:19
nigelbor, get it into debian02:19
nigelbif you get it into debian, will be synced for lucid+102:19
MTecknologyIt's been waiting in debian for a long time, i took it off once (forgot why)02:19
AnzenkethI just created a new rules file I get the error make: override_dh_auto_build:: Command not found was that command removed?02:19
nigelbMTecknology: waiting in debian for what?02:20
nigelbnew maintainer?02:20
nigelbpoint me to the bug, I'll take over02:20
MTecknologyI should have it close the ITP bug, shouldn't I?02:21
MTecknologyI'll fix that up02:21
nigelbokay great :)02:22
MTecknologyhow do I search for an ITP?02:23
nigelbMTecknology: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=wnpp02:24
MTecknologyI kinda wish it was easier to navigate their bug tracking :(02:25
MTecknologyconfuses me frequently02:25
nigelbeven worse is the bug reporting02:25
MTecknologynigelb: thanks02:25
nigelbnp :)02:25
MTecknologyJust  * Closes #xxxx ?02:25
nigelbthere is some detailed instruction if you scroll down02:26
nigelbCloses: #1111102:27
MTecknologyooh - pretty hilighting must mean it's right02:27
MTecknologynigelb: no "  * " before it like the rest of the lines?02:27
MTecknology1472 outstanding ITP's in debian02:28
nigelbMTecknology: you're taking over as new maintainer?02:28
nigelbthen say "* New maintainer (Closes: #1234)"02:28
MTecknologyit's not in debian at all02:29
nigelbhold on02:29
nigelbthen Initial Release would be good I think02:30
MTecknologyE: lal source: debian-revision-should-not-be-zero 1.1-002:31
MTecknologylintain complained about that02:31
MTecknologyshould it me -1 isntead?02:31
nigelbit should be 1 since its in debian02:31
nigelbor rather it will be once you get it in02:31
MTecknologyis -0 only if it's new to ubuntu and not in debian?02:32
MTecknologymakes sense too :)02:33
MTecknologynigelb: http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/maintainer-packages?action=details;package=lal02:34
nigelbMTecknology: great :) mail the mentors and get it in :)02:35
MTecknologynigelb: I sent an RFS for the older package not too long ago02:35
nigelbdidn't get a sponsor?02:36
MTecknologygive me a minute02:36
nigelbchange the needs sponsor to Yes02:36
MTecknologyya, I had that until I uploaded the new package just now02:36
MTecknologyya, my last RFS was thursday02:36
nigelbstrange.  I uploaded a package to mentors and got picked up in like few hours02:37
MTecknologybefore that was 01/30/1002:37
MTecknologyI had one person interested for a while but they seem to have disappeared02:37
nigelbah, yes.  I see the mail in my mailbox02:37
nigelbask in mentors channel in oftc?02:38
AnzenkethI am packaging a software that has never been packaged before I am using rules.tiny from the examples. I needed to overide dh_auto_build so I put it in but I am getting a error  make: override_dh_auto_build:: Command not found02:38
MTecknology21:36 -MentorSeeker:#debian-mentors-/Package 'lal' from 'Michael Lustfield' needs a sponsor (http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/lal/lal_1.1-1.dsc) [dockable clock appler for various window managers]02:38
MTecknologynigelb: I just saw that pop up02:38
nigelbMTecknology: I know.  just ask if someone is willing to sponsor there02:38
lfaraoneAnzenketh: paste your makefile02:43
lfaraoneAnzenketh: (to a pastebin, not to IRC)02:44
Anzenkethlfaraone: shure I can past the rules file.02:44
Anzenkethhttp://pastebin.ubuntu.com/398568/ there you go02:46
MTecknologynigelb: are you a sponsor at all?02:47
nigelbMTecknology: nope.  or else I would have sponsored you :P02:47
MTecknologynigelb: thanks for the tips02:47
nigelbI'm just someone like you :)02:47
nigelbMTecknology: np.  :)02:48
Anzenkethlfaraone: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/398568/ there you go02:49
MTecknologynigelb: there we go, replied to that message with more information about why it's useful to others03:01
MTecknologynigelb: now I just need to wait - hopefully less than another ~4mo03:04
nigelbMTecknology: hehe03:05
* MTecknology wonders what the chances are of this being uploaded03:10
MTecknologyWhat's this stuff about getting my key signed?03:12
AnzenkethI am working on packaging a project that has never been packaged before I need to create directories with specific permittions what is the best way to do that03:32
AnzenkethFor example I need to create a directory /var/project/files that can be left empty.03:33
AnzenkethBut it needs to belong to the users group03:33
MTecknologyAnzenketh: I think the install command does that03:35
AnzenkethSo do I just put that in my rules file?03:35
AnzenkethI am a bit new03:36
MTecknologyit should be aprt of the Makefile03:36
MTecknologyotherwise the rules file is a good place for it03:36
AnzenkethThis package has no upstream makefile03:36
AnzenkethLong story03:36
MTecknologyAnzenketh: I encountered that once, I made a makefile for them with other work and got it merged upstream, was nice03:37
AnzenkethYa that is my next project03:38
MTecknologyI'd make it the first project ;)03:38
MTecknologyit'll make writing the rules file much easier03:38
AnzenkethThe upstream author is demanding that the rules file be writting first03:38
MTecknologywhat project?03:39
AnzenkethI would generaly agree with you.03:39
Anzenkethit is a fedora native project.03:39
MTecknologynot a fan of the navigation - that's a very odd requirement.... considering it's really odd that there's not makefileto begin with03:40
MTecknologyhow do you install it?03:40
MTecknologygcc commands?03:41
MTecknologyAnzenketh: sorry I'm no help, just interested03:45
AnzenkethCurrently it is installed via rpm03:46
Anzenkethso there is a .spec file03:46
AnzenkethIt is a mostly ruby project03:47
Anzenkeththere is only one c file03:47
MTecknologymaybe holding in rules and no makefile is the better idea :S03:47
persiaThe .spec file *should* be something like control+rules+maintainer-scripts all mixed together.  One ought be able to extract the relevant bits (although this may require some understanding of RPM packaging)03:48
Anzenkethyes it is03:48
Anzenkeththat is how i am getting all this information03:48
Anzenkethonce I understood that it was a brease03:48
persiaMTecknology: No, always better to have an upsteam build system, so that one doesn't have *two copies* of everything (one in the .spec file, one in the rules file)03:49
MTecknologypersia: ok03:49
AnzenkethThe other reason why I am doing this is becouse I do not fully understand make files yet03:49
MTecknologypersia: out of curiousity and no pestering following - are you DD?03:50
AnzenkethOnce I understand this my guess is that all I will need to do is basicly copy the %install of the .spec file and put that in a makefile03:50
Anzenkethpersia:  by the way thanks for your help last night however overide_dh_auto_install gave me a error when I tried the tiny one04:06
persiaWhat sort of error?04:06
Anzenkethhold on.04:08
Anzenkethhttp://pastebin.ubuntu.com/398584/ that is the error I get04:11
Anzenkethugh wrong one04:11
AnzenkethHad to recreate the file04:12
persiaThat does't say "override_dh_auto_install" :)04:12
persiaAlso, "override" is spelled with two 'r's04:12
Anzenkethfixed that and still got the error command not found??? I am perplexed04:15
persiapaste that rules file?04:15
Anzenkethhttp://pastebin.ubuntu.com/398587/ thre is the rules file.04:17
persiaAnzenketh: Aha.  Replace the tab character before override_dh_auto_install with a carriage return.04:21
persiaAnzenketh: Also, you probably want to invoke dh_auto_install in override_dh_auto_install04:21
persiaAnzenketh: And you want the `make hdactl-hup` call in an override_dh_auto_build: rule, not in override_dh_auto_install:04:21
AnzenkethThanks that fixed that. now to deal with those two pesky files.04:30
AnzenkethOk now trying to make it a tiny script need to invoke the command mv $(CURDIR)/debian/hdactl/usr/bin/hdactl.debian $(CURDIR)/debian/hdactl/usr/bin/hdactl04:39
Anzenketh it used to work but now it states that the file does not exist.04:39
persiaWhy do you want to do that?04:39
persiaFrom where do the .debian entries come?04:40
Anzenkethbut int he program they are called by hdactl when it is run04:42
AnzenkethThus the need to rename04:42
persiaSo why don't you do mv hdactl.debian hdactl04:42
persiaAnd then just only put hdactl in debian/amahi.install to put it in the right place.04:42
Anzenkethbecouse hdactl is the fedora version hdactl.debian is the ubuntu version04:42
persiaThere's just no point installing the files unless they are already correct.04:42
persiaPersonally, I'd do something like `mv ${CURDIR}/hdactl ${CURDIR}hdactl.fedora && mv ${CURDIR}/hdactl.debian ${CURDIR}/hdactl` in override_dh_auto_build:04:44
AnzenkethYay that worked a lot better04:51
Anzenkethgot a question when I run debuilder it compiles the c file but does not remove the compiled version from the source tree when it is done04:52
AnzenkethThis is causing problems for when I want to compile again how to i fix that04:52
AnzenkethNevermind I figured it out04:54
persiaAnzenketh: Please add any extra cleanup you need to an override_dh_auto_clean: rule.04:55
persiaLots of folks use sbuild or pbuilder to build in a clean chroot environment.04:56
persiasbuild is set up with `mk-sbuild lucid` and pbuilder with `pbuilder-dist lucid create` in the simple form.04:56
AnzenkethThat works a lot better05:00
AnzenkethYay now I think I know enough about package managment that I can help make patches for ubutu bugs05:00
AnzenkethThanks a ton persia05:01
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
Anzenkethif in control the depends line gets too long I need to put in a / right?05:44
AnzenkethNevermind I figured out the answer is no05:47
ddecatorcan someone familiar with bzr let me know what i get this?: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/398648/08:25
RAOFddecator: That's the the fun that is rich-root. :(08:38
ddecatorRAOF: any ideas on what i need to do? this is the first time i've tried to upload a branch to request a merge08:38
RAOFddecator: Complain bitterly to #bzr, but productive options include: (a) asking mozillateam to upgrade their branch to 2a, or (b) rebranch into a directory that's not a subdirectory of a directory containing a 2a (or any rich-root) repository and then redo your changes.08:41
ddecatorRAOF: alright, thanks. i have a mozillateam member helping me out, so i'll let him know what you said =)08:42
AnzenkethI am porting over a package to ubuntu that has never been done before when I attempt to run debuilder I get a error stating that the binary contents have changed.09:54
happyaronhow does distutils name its build dir? I need to set PYTHONDIR to it, but it looks to be dynamic according to arch and host09:59
happyaronanyone here?10:07
=== ShadowChild is now known as lukjad86
=== lukjad007 is now known as lukjad86
shadeslayernigelb: got a minute?14:28
warp10persia: please, could you renew my membership in ~ubuntu-universe-sponsors?14:33
persiawarp10: No.  But I'll add you to ~ubuntu-sponsors14:33
warp10persia: will ubuntu-universe-sponsors be deleted ASAP, or when everybody is expired?14:37
persiaAt some point after everyone else expires, I'll get around to deleting it.14:37
persiaBut I didn't want to spam everyone with join/remove notices.14:37
warp10persia: Indeed. Anyway, thank you for your help!14:39
persiaThanks for being a sponsor14:39
nigelbshadeslayer: yes14:42
shadeslayernigelb: pm14:42
ScottKpersia: Would you please add me to ~ubuntu-sponsors.14:42
persiaScottK: Done.14:44
iulianpersia: Whilst you're at it, would you mind adding me to the team as well?14:51
* persia needs to get less good at closing browser windows14:52
persiaGrrr.  LP logged me out again!14:52
persiaiulian: Done.14:53
iulianpersia: Thank you.14:53
nigelbwhat would be the prerequisite for someone looking for motu membership? i.e. something like minimum requirements14:55
Laneypeople will start telling you to apply :)14:57
nigelbaha ;)14:57
persianigelb: It's deliberately undefined, and typically specific to each individual.  The key determinant is being perceived as part of the MOTU team by other MOTU.  Most folks are expected to have been working in development for at least a full development cycle.14:57
nigelbso lucid+1 should do the trick :)14:58
persiaWell, like Laney said :)14:58
* hyperair has seen nigelb working very hard already =p14:58
* persia was working on development for 4 cycles before becoming MOTU14:59
nigelbhyperair: you can say that on my wiki when I go for MOTU application ;)14:59
hyperairnigelb: heh. right =p14:59
nigelboh, btw anyone with some deep python knowledge around?14:59
persia!ask :)14:59
hyperairnigelb: but i haven't perceived you as a MOTU yet (because i've seen your launchpad page recently)14:59
hyperair!ask | nigelb15:00
ubottunigelb: Please don't ask to ask a question, simply ask the question (all on ONE line and in the channel, so that others can read and follow it easily). If anyone knows the answer they will most likely reply. :-)15:00
nigelbhyperair: well, I just wanted to know for future knowledge15:01
hyperairoh so that was the question =p15:01
hyperairnigelb: there's DktrKranz.15:01
nigelbgive me time to frame15:01
hyperairnigelb: generally if you have python packaging questions, drop by #debian-python on OFTC>15:02
nigelbI'm creating an apport hook for cheese and running into some trouble getting debug info.15:02
nigelbI think this is has something to do with subprocess.Popen command but I dont know wnough15:02
nigelbI know pitti's area but I wanted to know if someone else could help figure out what I'm doing wrong15:03
nigelbGST_DEBUG=*cheese*:3 cheese -v through apport.hookutils.command_output()15:04
hyperairdoes popen grab things things from stderr?15:04
nigelbhyperair: my knowledge of python is limited.  I've never tried the subprocess module directly15:05
hyperairnigelb: my knowledge of python is even more limited than yours. i'm just throwing out random ideas for checking15:06
nigelbI've got the apport source and python reference open15:06
nigelbstill lost though ;)15:06
* hyperair is even less familiar with apport15:06
nigelbI'm familiar with apport, I made the rhythmbox hook :)15:06
nigelb(if it does something wrong, you know who to /kick ;) )15:07
l3onHi all... someone has news about bug 521834 ?15:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 521834 in moin "[FFe] Please merge moin to 1.9.2-2 from Debian(Unstable)" [Wishlist,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52183415:08
nigelbI guess I'll ping pitti on monday about apport15:08
nigelbhyperair: um, how should a potential MOTU's launchpad page look btw ;)15:09
hyperairnigelb: what?15:09
hyperairnigelb: well, +related-software should have loads of things. but the reason i knew you weren't a MOTU was because i saw you weren't a member of ~motu or ~ubuntu-motu or something like that15:10
nigelbhyperair: "i haven't perceived you as a MOTU yet (because i've seen your launchpad page recently)"15:10
persianigelb: There's not much point in that class of question.  Do what you do: if what you do makes MOTU want you to be MOTU, you'll be MOTU.  Anything else is just pushing against the lack of definition.15:10
* hyperair agrees with what persia said15:10
ScottKnigelb: According to help(subprocess.Popen) is listens to both stin and stderr.15:10
ScottK(if I'm reading it correctly)15:11
LaneyI kind of stopped seeing upload rights as a goal in themselves a while before I was pushed to apply15:11
hyperairjust continue developing. someday whoever you work with will tell you "eh wait, you aren't a motu yet?" and then you know you're ready =p15:11
nigelbhyperair: hehe :)15:12
ScottKThat or "I'm sick of uploading your stuff, please apply so I don't have to do it anymore"15:12
hyperairhehehe that too15:12
nigelbpersia: oh, it was a harmless query ;)15:12
persianigelb: Yes and no.  Yes, because since there's no answer it doesn't matter, and no, because it means you still believe there are objective criteria :)15:12
hyperairi think Laney got sick of me bugging him to upload my things. =p15:12
nigelbScottK: the trouble is I can't figure how apport deals with this particular situation (I can't see error messages)15:13
ScottKnigelb: OK, I'd wait for pitti then.15:13
nigelbsituation = the gnome type debugging things15:14
nigelbpersia: its like ubuntu membership I guess.  You know you're ready when people ask you "hey you're not a member yet?"15:14
persiaI think that's how most of the better-organised teams in Ubuntu work.15:15
nigelbyeah :)  Most of them15:15
=== shadeslayer is now known as shadeslayer_
kamalmLooking for a kind soul who can test build this fix pkg ** on ia64 **:  https://launchpad.net/~kamalmostafa/+archive/test-builds/+files/gnome-color-manager_2.29.2-1ubuntu1.dsc    (I just need to know if this actually fixes the FTBFS on ia64).  Any takers?15:57
* persia wishes someone would support ia64 as a qemu guest16:01
lifelessI will load anyone wanting to do that the linux kernel ia-64 book.16:05
lifelesswhich discusses a lot of useful stuff for doing that16:05
persiakamalm: Just be aware that it may take a while for someone to help you.  I know of only three active developers who have ia64 hardware, and of those one is very firm about not turning it on in the interests of saving electricity.16:07
persiakamalm: You might ask in #ubuntu-ports, not because there are more folk there, but because there is almost no other traffic, so there's a greater chance if it being prominent in backscroll.16:07
kamalmah, thanks for the warning.   well, I suppose I can just propose the fix as-is, and hope for the best.   at worst, it will just continue to FTBFS on ia64 for some subsequent reason.16:08
kamalmi'll try #ubuntu-ports first, but won't wait long  ;-)16:08
persiatrying #ubuntu-ports and not waiting long is pointless.  That channel tends to get <100 posts a week.16:11
persia(but most folk idle a long time and may respond days later to backscroll)16:11
kamalmpersia: ah, okay.  Well, posted there anyway.  Maybe I'll get lucky.    Any other general advice for testing platform-specific fixes like the issue I'm chasing (it *only* FTBFS on ia64)?16:14
persiakamalm: There's usually folk with i386/amd64/armel/powerpc/sparc hardware around to help.16:15
kamalmah, okay -- i just picked an ugly one then.  :-)16:16
rgs_hi guys, I am software developer, I would like to make my software available for the Ubuntu crowd, it is already packagedd for red hat like systems, any pointers?16:18
persiakamalm: You could have done worse.  hppa had 6 users at the time it was retired, only two of which were active developers.16:18
=== apachelogger is now known as fedoralogger
kamalmrgs_: Ubuntu uses a Debian style packaging system, so any documentation about "debian packaging" will be relevant.  Specifically, you might take a look at:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide16:21
nigelbrgs_: if you can work towards getting your package, it would be great.  we could then sync it quite easily16:22
nigelbgetting your packge *in debian*16:22
rgs_yeah, I am looking for some documentation that will let me map my .spec hacking logic into .deb creation logic16:24
rgs_sort of when you migrate from subversion to git style of doc :)16:24
nigelbah, I dont think I know of any.16:24
nigelbyou can see the debian new maintainer's guide, which is kinda easy16:25
ScottKrgs_: IIRC the alien package will ~ do this, but that would just give you a starting place to work towards an actual package worth uploading.16:27
ScottKIt's certainly not possible to do a complete conversion (in either direction)16:27
pochudoesn't alien convert binary packages (and not source)?16:28
ScottKNot sure.16:33
ScottKThe only think I've ever used it for is to alien --tgz a srpm to get the patches out of it.16:33
ScottKIt gives you a nice tarball with one patch per text file ready to examine.16:33
pochuthe description contains16:39
pochu This is a tool only suitable for binary packages.16:39
pochubut I've never tried to use it with source packages16:40
ScottKOK.  Nevermind then.16:40
cyphermoxrgs_, my guess is it should be possible to write a script to grab the various parts of a .spec and massage them into the prerm/postinst/etc. files necessary and a few other chunks of texts that would then make a basis for a debian/rules file. That's if that hasn't already been done, but I've never heard of it before16:44
=== kirkland` is now known as kirkland
=== shadeslayer_ is now known as shadeslayer
nigelbthoughts on this debdiff? http://launchpadlibrarian.net/40924067/chromium-browser_5.0.307.9~r39052-0ubuntu2.debdiff17:14
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
micahgnigelb: I'd like to know if it requires an FFe as I need to make a similar change to Thunderbird17:17
nigelbmicahg: I dont know.  Since I didn't get reply here, I just subscribed sponsors.  their call now17:18
=== azeem_ is now known as azeem
ari-tczewplease MOTU open task on karmic @ bug 42168418:30
ubottuLaunchpad bug 421684 in obexd "bluetooth send malformed files " [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42168418:30
crimsunari-tczew: is there a clear patch available, or are you still awaiting/working on a patch?18:38
ari-tczewcrimsun: I'm working on a patch18:39
ari-tczewso directly I can be assigned to task on karmic18:39
crimsunaccepted for karmic18:40
micahgari-tczew: are you working on the libjdic-java upgrade for xul192 support?18:46
ari-tczewmicahg: I can't fix the FBTFS :-/18:48
micahgari-tczew: do you have a build link?18:49
ari-tczewmicahg: do you want see a buildlog from merging libjdic-java 0.9.5-7?18:50
micahgari-tczew: sure18:51
ari-tczeww8 plz18:52
ari-tczewmicahg: is it right? export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk19:18
ari-tczewIMO should be changed to JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/default-java19:18
micahgari-tczew: idk19:20
ari-tczewmicahg: huh? idk? jdk?19:20
micahgari-tczew: I don't know19:21
ari-tczewI'm not up to date: what happens with sponsors? ubuntu-sponsors? wtf?19:30
micahgari-tczew: yeah, sponsors merges19:36
micahgari-tczew: is there an FTBFS still?19:36
ari-tczewmicahg, yes, I'm getting a buildlog for you, but pbuilder doesn't like me today :-/19:37
micahgari-tczew: k, you can email to me if you like.. my nick at ubuntu dot com19:37
ari-tczewwrrrrrr what's the right command for pbuilder and output buildlog?19:38
ari-tczewI did: sudo pbuilder build libjdic-java_0.9.5-7ubuntu1.dsc --logfile buildlog.txt and file buildlog.txt doesn't exist!19:38
ScottKPut it between build and the .dsc19:38
BlackZari-tczew: try sudo pbuilder build libjdic-java_0.9.5-7ubuntu1.dsc > buildlog.txt19:40
ari-tczewBlackZ, I'm not sure about your command, but ScottK propose works, thanks!19:41
BlackZari-tczew: yeah, it works too19:41
AnAntHello, I got a problem when I done : sudo pbuilder update --distribution lucid --override-config, I got this error: E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on mountall19:43
AnAntwhat's that ?19:44
ari-tczewmicahg, I have sent email to you19:45
micahgari-tczew: yeah, it looks like it's not passing the right flags for 192...let me pull the source19:47
micahgari-tczew: have you changed it at all?19:48
ari-tczewmicahg, I'll send to you my debdiff; but this is not a 192 problem. with 191 FTBFS exist too19:48
micahgari-tczew: ah, that's bad....19:49
BlackZAnAnt: are you able to do apt-get -f install ?19:49
ari-tczewmicahg: I'm looking on Debian WebSVN, what's the different between -3 series and younger19:49
AnAntBlackZ: where ?19:49
BlackZAnAnt: in a terminal19:50
BlackZwith sudo, sorry19:50
AnAntBlackZ: yes, it doesn't say that I need to fix anything (please note that the problem is in pbuilder)19:50
micahgari-tczew: I think it might be a failure with xul>=\
micahgari-tczew: -fshort-wchar was added then19:54
micahgari-tczew: maybe we can get flags/libs from pkg-config?19:54
ari-tczewmicahg: I don't know19:54
lfaraoneIf a python package foo requires A) another package bar to be set up previously and B) python-support triggers for bar need to be run before foo can be set up, how do I enforce that?19:57
ari-tczewmicahg: my eyes sees these differents since -3 series: B-D on openjdk-6-jre-headless; debian/rules got export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk; Add patches/Tray.diff; bumped from xulrunner-devel-1.9 to xulrunner-devel-1.9.119:58
lfaraone(per: http://launchpadlibrarian.net/41539627/DpkgTerminalLog.txt)19:58
micahgari-tczew: try this, replace line 67 in the build.diff patch with: LIBS_PROG += `pkg-config libxul --libs`20:05
ari-tczewmicahg: doesn't help20:12
ari-tczewmicahg: I don't have any ideas :-/20:13
micahgari-tczew: probably need the same on line 58, but leave -lgtksuperwin20:13
ari-tczewmicahg: so: LIBS_PROG += `pkg-config libxul --libs`-lgtksuperwin     is it right?20:14
micahgadd a space before -lgtksuperwin20:15
micahgI think so...20:15
ari-tczewmicahg: FTBFS...20:19
micahgari-tczew: yeah, it's not getting all the flags20:21
ari-tczewmicahg: beside your suggestion I did some changes like bump to xulrunner 1.9.2, replace java-6-openjdk with default-java20:21
micahgari-tczew: you probably need to expand the build patch to get cflags from libxul from pkg-config20:25
ari-tczewmicahg, ehh I can't do this20:26
micahgari-tczew: do we need the merge?20:26
ari-tczewmicahg: not necessarily, current ubuntu's version builds fine, so +1 from me for only rebuild for xulrunner 1.9.2 is enough20:29
micahgari-tczew: fine, I'll work on getting that ported and upstream the pkg-config changes so the next merge should be easy....sound good?20:30
ari-tczewmicahg: "next merge should be easy", but before we need to merge this once, right?20:32
micahgari-tczew: well, you said Ubuntu version is fine, so I'll fix that upstream, and next merge will be for Lucid + 120:33
ari-tczewmicahg, OK, I'll waiting, merge request is open so you can own it whenever you want20:34
micahgari-tczew: I'm not going to touch it...20:35
ari-tczewmivahg: you will fix it upstream - upstream what? libjdic-java?20:36
micahgari-tczew: debian20:36
micahgari-tczew: I'm only merging now if upstream has xul192 support20:37
micahgso, I'll patch current Ubuntu version and if you want, you can merge or wait20:37
ari-tczewmicahg: as I said previously, merge now is not necessarily, so I'll merge or sync in lucid+120:38
micahgari-tczew: k, will you be able to test once I port it?20:47
kamalmQuestion for ubuntu-archive folks:  sync request bug 537708 has been pending in queue for 10 days -- is there anything in particular holding it up?  Thanks!20:48
ubottuLaunchpad bug 537708 in hamlib "Please sync hamlib 1.2.10-3 (universe) from Debian unstable (main)" [Low,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/53770820:48
ari-tczewmicahg: build testing is enough?20:50
micahgari-tczew: no, I was hoping for usage testing...what program uses it?20:50
ari-tczewmicahg: Reverse Depends: paros libjdic-bin20:52
=== kamalm is now known as kamalm-away
=== FlannelKing is now known as Flannel
=== anzenketh_ is now known as anzenketh

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!