DarkwingDuckI'm about to order a couple of Kubuntu ones00:00
DarkwingDuckthe Kubuntu stress ball if VERY nice00:00
apacheloggerDarkwingDuck: you could like blog about how you need a new mug and how you are going to akamdey and then I am sure one gets mugs at akademy ;)00:00
nixternaloi oi00:00
apacheloggeryo nixternal00:00
Tm_Tmugs or hugs00:00
DarkwingDuckapachelogger: roger :D00:00
apacheloggernixternal: ping00:00
apacheloggerNightrose: ping even :)00:00
nixternalhey, I gotta roll, so if there is an item i need to be a part of, can we do it now?00:00
Riddellgood evening friends00:01
Riddellagenda at https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Meetings00:01
apacheloggercool, quorum00:01
apacheloggerI think we should start with membership00:01
Riddellmembership is the traditional place to start00:01
* rgreening luvs word that start with Q00:01
RiddellDarkwingDuck, shtylman: who wants to go first?00:01
JontheEchidnargreening: like Dan Quayle?00:01
nixternalI am +100000 for both DarkwingDuck and shtylman00:02
* rgreening needs to get Kubuntu-dev!00:02
paultag_nixternal: +100:02
DarkwingDuckRiddell: doesn't matter00:02
NightroseDarkwingDuck: you start! :D00:02
RiddellDarkwingDuck: care to introduce yourself?00:02
apacheloggerfor reference: https://edge.launchpad.net/~darkwingduck https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DarkwingDuck00:02
DarkwingDuckI am David Wonderly. I've been working on Kubuntu-Docs and with the netbook guys for about 7 months now. Was just added for commit access in the docs00:03
nixternalalso, fyi, I just uploaded KOffice 2.1.2 and l10n for it, about a day or 2 early <- apachelogger your KOfficeUserReview thing, it is simple, no, you can't replace oo.o with koffice just yet, and upstream advises against it still00:03
DarkwingDuckI'm married with 3 kids and currently just moved to Mississippi from San Diego. I'm active duty in the US Navy and they are quite supportive of my work here00:03
JontheEchidnanixternal: KOfficeUserReview is a spec for next cycle, iirc00:03
apacheloggernixternal: you did not read the page :P00:03
DarkwingDuck https://edge.launchpad.net/~darkwingduck https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DarkwingDuck00:03
nixternalapachelogger: don't have time to read it, so I just looked at the description00:04
JontheEchidnaback on topic!00:04
NightroseDarkwingDuck: can you tell a bit more about your netbook work?00:04
DarkwingDuckTesting and bug running with ScottK along with writing the Docs for it00:04
Nightrosesounds great00:04
DarkwingDuckI've tested it on a netbook as well as my ThinkPad X41 tablet00:05
* ScottK definitely gives DarkwingDuck a +100:05
JontheEchidnaDarkwingDuck: Can I hold you responsible for wasting a few weekends watching Darkwing Duck episodes?00:05
apacheloggerDarkwingDuck: does tabletting work?00:05
JontheEchidna*for me wasting00:05
DarkwingDuckJontheEchidna: Weekends? n00b :P00:06
RiddellDarkwingDuck: what is the IRC Focus Group ?00:06
DarkwingDuckapachelogger: Yes actually it works wonders00:06
nixternalKC, I have to go, I am highly in favor of both DarkwingDuck and shtylman for Kubuntu membership, and for the logo, I am hoping the KC does me proud and picks the current logo with the blue circle thing00:06
Nightroseok considering doc work is always needed, netbook efforts are needed, ScottK gives you a +1 and the nick pretty much demands it: +100:06
nixternalback in a while00:06
paultag_Riddell: I am the lead for that particular team -- if DarkwingDuck will allow me :)00:06
DarkwingDuckRiddell: the IRC FG in the BeginnersTeam moderates the BT channels00:06
Riddellthanks nixternal00:06
DarkwingDuckpaultag_: go ahead00:06
paultag_I know my opinion is not very wheighty in the Kubuntu community, but I endorse DarkwingDuck 1000%. I have worked with him on the Beginners Team,  and he does top notch work. There is not a day where I have doubted the quality of his work, nor his judgement on any of my teams00:07
DarkwingDuckNightrose: Let's Get Dangerous ;)00:07
DarkwingDuckAny other questions?00:08
JontheEchidnaI'm good00:08
rgreening+1 from me. Anyone who can doc and put up with nix a00:08
apacheloggerDarkwingDuck: quick answer: python or gator?00:08
rgreeningt the same time deserves it :P00:08
izdubarDarkwingDuck, is a great addition to any group. He has a focus on solution-oriented problem solving. He also likes doing things with minimal drama.00:08
Riddell+1 from me too, nice amount of support there00:08
DarkwingDuckapachelogger: PERL :P00:08
apacheloggerworks for me00:08
Riddellwelcome to membership DarkwingDuck00:08
Tm_T+1 definately, docs++00:08
Riddellshtylman: about?00:08
apacheloggerruby would be the correct answer00:08
apacheloggerDarkwingDuck: congrats and welcome00:09
DarkwingDuckThank you Riddle and everyone else for all the support over past 7 months00:09
shtylmanRiddell: ?00:09
DarkwingDuckThanks :)00:09
Nightroseshtylman: your turn :)00:09
Riddellshtylman: please introduce yourself and your work in Kubuntu00:09
izdubarRight on.00:09
apacheloggershtylman: you wanted to become member? :P00:09
shtylmandid I?00:09
shtylmanI didn't realise I had to do public speaking00:09
apacheloggerfor reference: https://edge.launchpad.net/~shtylman https://wiki.kubuntu.org/RomanShtylman00:10
shtylmanwell.. here goes00:10
shtylmanmy name is Roman Shtylman and I am a Kubuntu user00:10
shtylmanI am a software developer00:10
* rgreening though he was a member! haha00:10
shtylmanand that is what I do for kubuntu00:10
ryanakcargreening: Same :)00:11
ScottKOh dear, shtylman is got to be a +1.00:11
shtylmanmy day job is software development and my night job is kubuntu :)00:11
apacheloggerrgreening: always the same with you, you are not paying attention :P00:11
rgreeningshtylman == ubiquity GOD!00:11
apacheloggershtylman: when do you sleep?00:11
shtylmanso yea... I work on ubiquity and little things here and there00:11
shtylmanapachelogger: sleep... hmm00:11
lex79apachelogger: lol00:11
shtylmanwhat is this sleep you speak of00:11
JontheEchidna+100000 for ubiquity love00:11
Riddelllittle things like OpenOffice00:11
apachelogger<3 shtylman00:11
Tm_T+1 for not sleeping00:12
yuriy_work+5 for shtylman :)00:12
JontheEchidnaplus another +100 for OOo00:12
shtylmanI will deff continue my kubuntu support00:12
shtylmanit is even my work computer :)00:12
neversfeldeäh 100:12
rgreening=i++ from me00:12
apacheloggerNightrose: ^00:12
Nightroseshtylman: can you tell a bit about your future plans for kubuntu?00:13
shtylmanbasically... I love development... and love making new things so thats what I try to do00:13
shtylmanNightrose: global domination?00:13
ryanakcaI don't have any say in the matter, but shtylman has always been quick with fixing any ubiquity bug I pointed out, so +1 from me :)00:13
Nightrosehaha ok00:13
shtylmanNightrose: but really... plans for installer are the same as always00:13
JontheEchidnaWithout shtylman I think that the installer wouldn't have seen any development at all for the past 2 releases, seriously00:13
Nightroseok looking at all the cheering you got and the fact that you took on OOo i have to give you a +100:13
shtylmanto keep in step with gtk ubiquity changes00:13
rgreeningas long as he keeps OOO and ubiquity happy Im happy :P00:13
shtylmanas well as keep tabs on the artwork issues as they happen00:13
shtylmanI also talked about a live assistant... which I will reserect at some point again00:14
shtylmanbut that was a broader long term plan00:14
apacheloggerI think Riddell didn't vote yet00:14
Riddell+1 from me too, I'm glad I finally managed to persude him to go for membership00:14
apacheloggershtylman: congrats and welcome00:14
Riddellwelcome in shtylman00:14
shtylmanbasically... I like to think I will continue development and branch out for all the little kde related things we need when they come up :)00:15
Nightrosewelcome DarkwingDuck and shtylman00:15
shtylmanyay :) :)00:15
shtylmanDarkwingDuck: congrats00:15
DarkwingDuckThank you00:15
DarkwingDuckshtylman: congrats00:15
neversfeldecongratulations DarkwingDuck and shtylman00:15
ryanakcaCongrats shtylman, DarkwingDuck00:15
Riddellnext on the agenda is a discussion on the new logo00:16
Riddellartwork is a contentious issue so we may well not come to a clear resolution here but we can but try00:16
neversfeldewhich license will the new logo get, same as the old one?00:16
Riddellwe're still waiting on the font rendering from the design team so only a standin k for now00:16
Riddellneversfelde: yes, creative commons copyright, trademark restrictions apply00:17
JontheEchidnaanybody have a link to the suggestions handy?00:17
Riddellthat's what we came up with from discussions00:17
yuriy_workRiddell: to clarify the agenda -- the text part will use the ubuntu font, monochrome and we are waiting on a K.  we're deciding the icon and its placement?00:17
neversfeldeso afaik, it is not allowed to change it and only add new things?00:17
apacheloggerRiddell: does the k color change?00:17
ryanakcaRiddell: Will #9 have the circle cut at the top or is that a cropping error?00:17
Riddellyuriy_work: right00:17
shtylmanI don't like any of the ones with the leading logo00:18
rgreeningI love the last one (#10) on the bottom. It's clean and clear00:18
Riddellapachelogger: k will match the rest of the characters in colour and style00:18
shtylmanit feels unbalanced00:18
JontheEchidnaI personally like the 1 and 2, no preference between those two though00:18
apachelogger+1 on what shtylman said00:18
Riddellmy preference is also for 1 and 200:18
ryanakcargreening: I wish the gears were more distinct when they cut into the circle in #1000:18
Riddellwhich is what the Canonical design team gave us00:18
apacheloggerfor what it is worth: I find all of them worse than the current logo00:18
JontheEchidnathe single cog may cause brand confusion w/ KDE, imo00:19
Nightroseyea 1,2 or one of the last two00:19
rgreeningI think Ubuntu switched back to one more like #1000:19
shtylmanso... I have some comments :)00:19
DarkwingDuckI like 1, 2 and 1000:19
shtylmanI do not like 3 or 400:19
ScottKI like #8, but I vote for what shtylman likes.00:19
yuriy_workok, here's my take, if we change the logo, it needs to meet the following relatively objective criteria: 1) Keep the Circle of Friends  2) Keep a gear to represent KDE  3) Work in small sizes  4)  work in monochrome00:19
JontheEchidnaIf the spacing was fixed, I'd like 10 too00:19
lex79#2 or #10 for me00:19
shtylmancause the gear looks like a spoke00:19
Riddellthe problem there is the circle-of-gear-friends is smaller so at some scales it'll be hard to make out the gears00:19
Nightroseyuriy_work: yes sounds good00:19
shtylmanbut I can be persuaded on #3 if others like it00:19
Riddellthat's why we have 1 for large scale and 2 for small scale00:20
yuriy_workI don't think ANY of the suggestions linked by Riddell follow those criteria.00:20
shtylmanI also don't like the ones without a circle... like #4 or #600:20
shtylmanI think the containing circle is nice00:20
ryanakcaI find the gears in #5 are nicer (smoother) that #300:20
neversfeldeso if it is not allowed to change the whole logo, it will be difficult to adopt it, if we choose a logo with the circle button at the end. As far as I remeber we had a lot of problems, while adding -de.org.00:20
neversfeldelocos will get problems00:20
shtylmanryanakca: yea00:20
yuriy_worksome of these do: http://fatbuttlarry.blogspot.com/2009/08/kubuntu-logo-mock-ups.html   in particular I like the first one "gear hands"00:21
shtylman#3 and #4 have bad gears00:21
JontheEchidna#8 is the best alternate gear, imo00:21
yuriy_workit keeps the CoF idea very well, has a gear, and doesn't have any small parts00:21
Riddellyuriy_work: you think #1 and #2 don't work at small sizes?  or some other worry?00:21
shtylmanim a fan on #8 ... but I am based about that one :)00:21
yuriy_workRiddell: no better than the current logo, since it IS the current logo00:21
ryanakcaHmmm... Is there an organized voting system on this or is this just the "let's all say which ones we like in a haphazard moment" time?00:22
DarkwingDuckWhat was the purpose of changing the logo?00:22
shtylmanDarkwingDuck: doesn't work at small sizes00:22
shtylmanthats one reason00:22
Nightroseryanakca: seeing where we're standing and then fighting it out ;-)00:22
* apachelogger doesnt like the gears TBH :P00:22
JontheEchidnaalso to keep up with the new Ubuntu branding, since we're a Kubuntu brand00:22
Riddellryanakca: mostly getting opinions now00:22
DarkwingDuckSo, any of the gear hands will not work...00:22
JontheEchidna*since we're an Ubuntu brand00:22
DarkwingDuck1,2,9,10 wont work then... :/00:22
lex79can we use the logo also for Kickoff?00:23
rgreeningRiddell: do you have anything better than the crappy png?00:23
apacheloggerlex79: that is why we should keep scability in mind00:23
rgreeningcause its rendered horribly00:23
lex79apachelogger: k00:23
Riddellrgreening: http://jasmine.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/kubuntu-logos.svg ?00:23
Nightroseyuriy_work: honestly they don't look very kubuntu to me :( except maybe 600:23
rgreeningand I think we are basing a lot of the opinions on the rendering00:23
macoagreed on #800:23
crimsunI'd just like to add that if you're going to go with gears, the actual cogs need to be fairly distinct, else you may as well not use gears00:24
JontheEchidnargreening: have you zoomed in? that could be your scaling issues00:24
DarkwingDuck6 or 800:24
shtylmancrimsun: indeed00:24
crimsunthere isn't any point in saying "look, cogs" when one has to squint00:24
geniiMeh. I'm not crazy about any of those00:24
neversfeldeis staying with the old logo an option?00:25
Tm_Tgear teeth make things complicated00:25
shtylmanneversfelde: thats #100:25
yuriy_workneversfelde: that's pretty much option 10 the way i see it. assuming the cutouts are fixed00:25
Riddellneversfelde: we could but I think we'd look very old fashioned and get a lot of "nobody loves kubuntu" comments00:25
shtylmanRiddell: can we start pruning those which we deff don't want?00:25
JontheEchidnawe've been using the current logo since gutsy, iirc00:26
ryanakcaMy vote on the gears is #5.00:26
apacheloggeron that note I would like to mention that I got loads of comments on my kubuntu is no stepchildren blog post that suggested kubuntu to change name alltogehter00:26
* rgreening agrees with yuriy_work00:26
Tm_Tapachelogger: nooo, Kubuntu is good name00:26
ryanakcaI find that it is the smoothest one00:27
shtylmanI agree.. I like kubuntu00:27
neversfeldeRiddell: so I would like to mention again, that we should think about kubuntu locos, if we choose an option with the circle button at the end, they cannot change it for their needs00:27
* claydoh votes for either 5 or 700:27
shtylman#7 has something to it00:27
Tm_Tneversfelde: same is with Ubuntu ?00:27
yuriy_workplacement wise i think go with whatever Ubuntu is doing00:27
shtylmanone of those... "cool" factors imho00:27
neversfeldeTm_T: I think so00:28
apacheloggerTm_T: it is more about having kubuntu derived from ubuntu00:28
shtylmanyuriy_work: yes00:28
apacheloggerthus naturally tying us to the brand in general00:28
ryanakca#7, you can't see the space between the gears in the middle when you zoom out00:28
apacheloggerwhich ultimately is why we are here discussing a new logo anyway00:28
Tm_Tapachelogger: and I like to keep that fact too, I find us being part of Ubuntu family00:28
DarkwingDuckbrb, kids00:28
apachelogger*nod* just wanted to mention it :)00:28
Tm_TDarkwingDuck: say hi from us00:29
yuriy_workbut for the actual logo -- I think all the new suggestions (3-8) quite frankly suck.  I like the ones with the old logo, except that the old logo doesn't work at small sizes (which IMO isn't that big of an issue but we may want to take the opportunity to fix it)00:29
shtylmanmy vote current stands at #7 or #800:29
shtylmanI am against the last two00:29
Tm_T2 with new gears00:30
Nightrosehmm my browser resizes the logo quite a bit and i find 1 acceptable at small sizes00:31
neversfeldethe old one or a license change :)00:31
Tm_TNightrose: that's same as 2 but just smaller, right?00:31
* ScottK is distracted with making dinner, but continues to agree with shtylman.00:32
shtylmanRiddell: are there thoughts from the artwork team?00:32
RiddellScottK: agree on which point?00:32
Tm_TI would like to get the circle + gears theme less noisy00:32
Riddellshtylman: which artwork team?00:32
shtylmandoes kwii have any suggestions?00:32
Tm_TRiddell: on everything it seems00:32
rgreeningActualy 2 and 8 are nice, though I think I'd rather the icon/gear before the Kubuntu00:32
Nightrosethe problem with 7 imho is that it is too far from the CoF00:32
shtylmanRiddell: artwork team being the people that made the ubuntu logo?00:32
Riddellshtylman: they want #1 and #200:32
JontheEchidnaI think I like #1/2 the best, but I also could be persuaded for #8, personally00:33
shtylmanRiddell: any reason?00:33
* shtylman might feel compelled to persuaded JontheEchidna about #8 :)00:33
Riddellshtylman: because it matches the ubuntu logo I expect00:33
shtylmanI see00:33
=== claydoh_ is now known as claydoh
JontheEchidnaI'd be happy if the majority went to either 1/2 or to 8, basically00:34
Nightrosecan we have a vote between 2 and 8?00:34
ryanakcaZoomed out to 25%, I find 1's gears unviewable, 2,9,10, the gears look like circles. #7 just looks like some kind of celtic knot. #5 and #8 are still clear though. Of course, that's by zooming out on the PNG in gwenview and not the SVG00:34
shtylmanI think the logo is too big in #200:34
rgreeningI wish we had some better mockups in monochrome and folly colorized to base our decision on00:34
RiddellNightrose: we can yes00:35
JontheEchidnaah, would the bootsplash image be monochrome? The background is already blue00:35
Nightroseryanakca: is the unviewable gears a problem though?00:35
apacheloggerJontheEchidna: I would make it less blue really00:35
apacheloggertoo much in your face right now IMHO00:35
JontheEchidnaeven if the gears are unviewable, it'll still look like a blue Ubuntu circle00:35
shtylmanso I think a good question to ask is ... how small do we want to limit this too00:35
shtylmanobviously we arn't gonna make it work for 8x800:36
rgreeningcause I assume black/grey lettering is not what we would use for the logo with a blue circle/gear and this makes my eyes bleed a little00:36
shtylmanare we talking 22x22, 32x32?00:36
shtylmanwhats the cutoff point here00:36
ryanakcaNightrose: Well, if I'm printing promotional material, I don't want any fuzzy spots on the logo00:36
neversfeldedo you think there is a way to get new logos for locos from the artwork team or to get canonical to accept a change of the new logo?00:36
ScottKRiddell: All of them.00:36
ryanakcaZooming the logo list to 25%, that gives me the size of logo I can imagine using on kubuntu.org00:36
ryanakca... that's ~215px wide by however many tall.00:37
Riddellneversfelde: they won't be doing logos for every loco team, but they're happy to see people make variations00:37
shtylmanI still think its between #7 and #8 ... from the options I see00:37
JontheEchidnaHmm, I think I do like #8 better. It's clear, KDE, pseudo-circle-of-gears, plus we could use it as a start button00:37
shtylmaneven at small sizes00:37
ryanakcaBetween #7 and #8, #8 is much clearer here00:38
neversfeldeRiddell: ok00:38
Nightroseok let's vote and see00:38
Nightrosewho's for 2?00:38
shtylmanbefore we vote00:38
rgreening-1 #7 +1 #800:38
shtylmanI think we need to trim away the ones we DONT want00:38
genii#8 is clearest here at all sizes00:38
Nightroseshtylman: it's trimmed down to 2 7 and 800:38
yuriy_worki really don't think 3-8 are an option, and i'm surprised they were proposed by the artwork team, because they don't keep the CoF00:39
shtylmanCoF ?00:39
JontheEchidnaCog of Friends00:39
shtylmando they have to?00:39
shtylmanxubuntu doesn't?00:39
Riddellyuriy_work: they're not proposed by canonical's design team, they're proposed by us00:39
shtylman#8 tries to a bit00:39
JontheEchidnaXubuntu has the circle + a mouse through it, iirc00:39
yuriy_workRiddell: oh00:39
* shtylman is against #2 because the logo is too big00:40
rgreeningI agree, 8 does match the CoF00:40
yuriy_workshtylman: they don't *have* to, I just think they should00:40
shtylman#7 could be a bit bigger00:40
JontheEchidnaYeah, I think #8 is CoF-y enough00:40
shtylmanyuriy_work: gotcha00:40
* rgreening ammends my vote to only #8 :)00:40
Nightroseok let's try this again - please say 2, 7 or 8 now :D00:40
ryanakca#8 is the best, between #2,7,800:40
shtylmanRiddell: can we can a review with #7 having a bigger logo?00:40
shtylmancloser in size to #800:41
yuriy_workis that where Ubuntu is placing it?00:41
Nightroseundecided 2 and 800:41
shtylmaniirc for #8 I used the ubuntu size... but I could be wrong00:41
Riddell1/2 for me00:41
Tm_Tjust needs bit tidying00:42
Riddellshtylman: #1 matches the ubuntu size as does #700:42
neversfeldeyes, 1 or 200:42
ryanakcaNightrose: I guess #7 got voted out00:42
NightroseRiddell: can we give 2 and 8 to the design team for refining?00:42
shtylmanRiddell: gotcha00:42
NightroseRiddell: jep00:42
Tm_TNightrose: good idea00:42
RiddellNightrose: we can although that doesn't help in chosing between them :)00:42
Tm_TNightrose: or even if they can merge them00:42
yuriy_worki think the smaller size in 1 looks a little more professional than 200:42
NightroseRiddell: :D00:42
JontheEchidnawell, I'd like 7, except it's a bit too "busy" for the size it's at00:42
* rgreening agrees00:43
JontheEchidnabut #8 looks like it'd go better as a start button00:43
* claydoh agrees with JontheEchidna , votes 800:43
shtylman1, 7, or 800:43
rgreening#8 is non-busy and that works best with glow effects like we may want in the splash00:43
Nightroseok we're getting a majority for 8 here :D00:44
Nightroseany strong objections to 8?00:44
Tm_Tnot enough CoF00:44
Nightroseit still has it though00:44
shtylmanI have to run... but will be home later to hear the results of this :)00:44
JontheEchidnashtylman: have fun00:44
Riddellit throws away our current circle of gear friends, which is quite a big change00:45
Riddellmeans the jumper davmor2's wife spent 6 months knitting me is no use any more00:45
Tm_Tand its not CoF really00:45
* Nightrose is getting a bad headache and should probably go to bed soon00:45
Riddellwe could go with #8 for beta 2 and see what the feedback from the world is like00:46
rgreeningtime for a change!!!00:46
rgreeningwe are about change.. no?00:46
JontheEchidnaLet's get dangerous!00:46
Nightroserofl JontheEchidna00:46
Riddellnixternal: are you able to do us a plymouth splash with that logo?00:46
ryanakcaWell, if we go with Nightrose's suggestion of having the design team refine them, mull it over and look at it again in a bit?00:46
JontheEchidnaI'm in favor of a trial for beta200:46
Riddellit can't be final for beta 2 anyway, no good "k" yet00:47
macoi think #8 will hold up at kickoff sizes better than 1&200:47
Nightrosethat will get us flack though00:47
claydohheh we should have a rotating boot splash, so each boot we see a different one :D00:47
Nightrosethe bad K00:47
macoattempted to say 10min ago but network fail: i think #8 will hold up at kickoff sizes better than 1&200:47
yuriy_workNightrose: we should make it look really obviously crappy00:48
Nightrosehehe might work yes00:48
Nightrosecomic sans :D00:48
JontheEchidnamaco: current consensus is to try #8 for beta2, and gauge reaction00:48
RiddellI'm still against changing the kickoff icon in the panel, but we should change the kubuntu logo in the top right of kickoff which is rubbish now00:48
JontheEchidnaShould we use a different font in the bootsplash until the K is ready?00:48
yuriy_workoh right... that's supposed to be top right of kickoff.. (my panel's on the left)00:49
NightroseJontheEchidna: better than what we have now imho00:49
RiddellJontheEchidna: up to nixternal I think if he's making it00:49
Riddelllet's move on before anyone else gets a headache00:50
JontheEchidnaoh, I was wondering, how do we see the results of the feedback surveys?00:50
Riddellwe poke nixternal I think00:50
* apachelogger pokes nixternal00:50
JontheEchidnathat'd be perfect for the new logo00:50
macoah so the different k in the proposed logos wasnt "look! we're the distro with a *K*" it was "uh...we dont have a k yet...*substitute*"00:50
Riddellmaco: right00:51
Nightrosehehe yes00:51
RiddellI seem to have an agenda item for "Liberation fonts"00:51
JontheEchidnamaco: the only charc in the new font so far are "ubnt "00:51
macoJontheEchidna: *still*?00:51
JontheEchidnamaco: something like that, not totally sure00:52
Riddellalas I'm not entirely clear what it's about00:52
RiddellArne told me Ubuntu was switching to Liberation00:52
apacheloggerprobably switching default font from dejavu to liberation00:52
Riddelland would we like to do the same00:52
Riddellbut if he's switching the fontconfig default font then that'll apply everywhere00:52
JontheEchidnaI'm for it. Looks pretty good00:52
* Nightrose would like to send that decision to nuno00:52
Riddellsince our default font is "Sans Serif"00:53
JontheEchidnadoesn't nuno praise liberation?00:53
apacheloggerNightrose: nuno likes liberation00:53
Nightroseah good then00:53
apacheloggerI talked to him about the font stuff some months ago00:53
JontheEchidnaRiddell: according to our kdeglobals file in kubuntu-default-settings we use Deja Vu sans by default00:53
RiddellJontheEchidna: hmm00:53
apacheloggerI also think that there is some patch in Qt that specifically goes for dejavu00:53
RiddellJontheEchidna: that's probably wrong00:54
apacheloggerthat thing in kds is because of some bug IIRC00:54
JontheEchidnaaah, ook00:54
yuriy_worksince the fun logo discussion is done, I guess i'll go home *waves*00:54
Riddellapachelogger: there's a patch in kdelibs from Debian but we drop it (freeflying says it breaks CJK)00:54
apacheloggeranyhow, that is implementation details00:54
apacheloggerI am all for switching to liberation00:54
apacheloggerdejavu is quite the crap if you ask me00:54
Riddellliberation it is, if nuno likes it that's good enough for me00:54
Riddellciao yuriy_work00:55
Nightrosesame here00:55
Riddellapachelogger wishes to tell us about Kubuntu/KOfficeUserReview00:55
Tm_TLiberation is fine00:55
JontheEchidnagranted, I personally prefer droid, but I wouldn't push that as default00:55
apacheloggersome time ago we came up with the idea of poking some of our users to evaluate KOffice and see where it is standing00:55
apacheloggerresulting in feedback upstream can hold on to, and so that we know how far away KO is from replacing ooo00:56
Tm_Tvery good idea00:57
RiddellI hear nixternal is the man for surveys00:57
apacheloggeryeah, I just want everyone to think a bit about this and maybe come up with ideas on how to about this specifically00:57
apacheloggerI am quite sure that we will make the survey based on KO 2.2.0, so that should be sometime in may00:58
Riddellapachelogger: I'd say time it with KOffice 2.2 release00:58
JontheEchidnamay is a busy month00:58
JontheEchidnaGSoC + UDS00:58
apacheloggerwell, I suppose we should keep the survey open for at least a month00:58
apacheloggerto make sure we get enough input00:59
apacheloggeralso, I would think that it makes sense that each kubuntu member tries to do semi usability evaluations using their friends and families00:59
apacheloggerso that we not only get feedback from geeks ;)00:59
rgreeningsounds good01:00
apacheloggerotherwise the wiki page pretty much states everything we came up with so far, so just have a look at it and think a bit about it01:00
ryanakcaI'm sure I could convince my dad to participate :)01:00
apacheloggerI'll start a thread on the ml sometime next week or so01:00
apacheloggerthanks :)01:00
JontheEchidnaso.. that's it, right?01:01
ryanakcaDoes anybody know of businesses or organizations that use Kubuntu?01:01
apacheloggerJontheEchidna wants to talk about colors ^^01:01
JontheEchidnaoh yeah01:01
apacheloggerryanakca: french governement does I think01:01
JontheEchidnaalmost forgot my own agenda item :P01:01
ryanakcaI'd like to switch out some of the groups on the front page.01:01
Riddellone thing at a time01:01
RiddellJontheEchidna's item01:01
ryanakcaYes, sorry01:02
JontheEchidnabug 55111701:02
ubottuLaunchpad bug 551117 in kubuntu-default-settings "Oxygen Color Scheme by default" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/55111701:02
Nightrosesorry guys - i need to go to bed - headache is getting too bad01:02
* Nightrose is generally in favour of upstreaming01:02
JontheEchidnaI agree. Especially on laptops with lower-quality contrast capabilities, the current scheme is whiter than my stomach after a long winter01:02
Nightroseso also for color scheme01:02
Riddellthanks Nightrose01:02
apacheloggerNightrose: nighty night :*01:02
RiddellJontheEchidna: got any screenshots?01:02
JontheEchidnaah, for comparison?01:03
freeflyingStill in meeting?01:03
* apachelogger notes that even on high contrast displays he finds the current colors worse than oxygen default01:03
apacheloggercolors is amonst the first things I change after a new installation01:03
JontheEchidnaupstream Oxygen default: http://imagebin.ca/view/M5ubJE.html01:04
lex79apachelogger: me too, and then I change the fonts ;)01:04
Riddelllet's go with upstream01:05
JontheEchidnapasty white boy: http://imagebin.ca/view/HOPo2ll.html01:05
Tm_T+1 for upstream01:05
neversfelde+1 too01:05
Riddellalthough I am mystified by their removal of the blue bars on active window decorations01:06
rgreening+1 here01:06
Riddellryanakca had a question01:06
ryanakca+1 for upstream here too01:06
ryanakca0:01:07 < ryanakca> Does anybody know of businesses or organizations that use Kubuntu?01:06
RiddellI do know of one very large Kubuntu rollout which isn't generally known01:06
RiddellWeta Digital, of Avatar and Lord of the Rings run it on all their computers01:07
Riddelland they have a lot of computers01:07
Riddellabout half the computers in New Zealand I'm sure01:07
rgreeningcool haha01:07
Riddellbut they're secreative, I doubt you'll get a quote out of them01:07
JontheEchidnaDo we have to get a quote from them to mention them as users?01:07
ryanakcaRiddell: Any idea how many, or shall I just say "all"?01:07
ryanakcaOr someone I can email to get a quote?01:07
DarkwingDuckwhat did I miss?01:08
Riddellryanakca: dustin kirkland blogged about it a while ago01:08
Riddellnot sure if he had a number there or not01:08
ryanakca35000 core Ubuntu-based server farm01:08
Riddellryanakca: but for a real quote, try talking to toscalix who did the kubuntu rollout in the canary islands01:09
ryanakcaOK, thanks01:09
ryanakcaAny others?01:10
Riddellryanakca: might be good to replace "Mike" with a real person too01:10
* ryanakca assumes ScottK uses Kubuntu for his business?01:10
RiddellGeorgia is the other large rollout, all their schools run Kubuntu, but I don't have any contacts there01:10
* txwikinger uses Kubuntu for his business01:10
ryanakcaRiddell: Aye, I used my dad in case someone called us up on false advertising. I'll switch him up with the canary islands / Georgia / etc.01:11
ryanakcatxwikinger: Cool, I'll ask you about it in a bit01:11
Riddellryanakca: well it's nice to have an individual as well as a large rollout01:11
txwikingerRiddell: canary islands... cool01:11
* txwikinger used to live there for a while01:12
apacheloggercanary, that was back in the days when aseigo was using kubuntu, wanst it? ^^01:12
Riddelland keep poking developers to get some in the "Developer of the moment" spot01:12
ryanakcaRiddell: I have a "And users like you" blurb to replace the individuals if you don't mind01:12
ScottKryanakca: I do.01:12
ryanakcaAnybody feel like kicking rgreening out of the Developer of the moment spot?01:12
ryanakcaScottK: Feel like answering a few questions after the meeting about it?01:12
ryanakcaHe's been there more than a moment :P01:13
txwikingeraseigo is not using Kubuntu anymore?01:13
rgreeningI made up for it by the pound01:13
apacheloggerfirst let me print out kubuntu.org01:13
apacheloggerI want a rgreening on my wall!01:13
ScottKryanakca: Probably better later in the week.01:13
ryanakcaScottK: OK01:13
ryanakcaRiddell: Anyways, I think that's all, I'll prod the appropriate people.01:14
Riddellgroovy, any other business?01:14
JontheEchidnaAll good here.01:14
ryanakcaI'll also resend the "Developer of the moment" form to the list, since everybody is eager to fill it out :P01:14
apacheloggerI just want to say that I love you all!01:14
DarkwingDucklove you too apachelogger01:14
Riddellgroup hug!01:15
* Tm_T hides01:15
DarkwingDuckJust remember... it's simpler to get forgiveness then permission.01:15
* apachelogger hugs everone, even the non-kubuntu people in here ^^01:15
* txwikinger thinks that apachelogger has very long arms to get around 180 people01:15
* ryanakca grins, wishes kubotu could send cookies to everybody in #ubuntu-meeting and contemplates his homework pile01:16
ryanakcatxwikinger: ;D01:16
* apachelogger notes that this would only involve like changing one line ;)01:16
apacheloggerwell, I think we are all done with the meeting01:16
apacheloggerThanks everyone for attending01:16
DarkwingDuckThanks for the votes01:16
Tm_Tthanks, good night01:16
Riddellthanks for the central Europeans for staying up late01:17
* genii makes more coffee and washes the mugs for the next meeting scheduled01:20
claydohyou guys rock!01:21
=== bjf is now known as bjf-afk
=== \vish is now known as vish
=== ArneGoet1e is now known as ArneGoetje
=== MosquitoOo is now known as MaWaLe
=== jamie is now known as JamieBennett
=== jamie is now known as Guest74361
=== unimix_ is now known as unimix|work
nixternalcody-somerville, cjwatson, persia, geser, soren, stgraber - we can haz meeting?16:00
cody-somervillewe can haz it!16:00
cjwatsonsoren SMSed me earlier today to apologise for not making it; he has a conflict16:01
nixternalroger that16:01
* stgraber waves16:02
nixternalhowdy stgraber16:03
stgraberI'll be around for the next 30min on my laptop, then the remaining 30min on my cell. I kind of have a time conflict every week on Tuesday at 15:00 UTC ...16:03
nixternalthat makes 4 of us....persia can't be sleeping, it is only midnight in Japan16:03
nixternalshall we start this meeting then?16:04
cody-somervilleDo we have quorum?16:06
cjwatsonyou're the chair, Just Do It :-)16:06
cjwatson4 = quorum16:06
MootBotMeeting started at 10:06. The chair is nixternal.16:06
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:06
nixternaland let the meeting begin!16:06
nixternaldid everyone vote via email that was supposed to vote after the last meeting?16:07
nixternalI am positive I did16:07
nixternalseems cjwatson and soren were the others along with me who were to vote via email16:07
cjwatsonI did about ten minutes ago16:07
nixternal[ACTION] Follow up: persia contacts Angel Abad about his application16:08
MootBotACTION received:  Follow up: persia contacts Angel Abad about his application16:08
nixternal[TOPIC]Administrative Matters16:08
MootBotNew Topic: Administrative Matters16:08
nixternaldo we have any admin matters this week?16:08
cody-somervilleI have one to quickly bring up.16:09
nixternalrock and roll cody-somerville16:09
cody-somervilleI mentioned this briefly in #ubuntu-devel but membership on the DMB effectively grants Ubuntu core-dev.16:09
cody-somervillecjwatson mentioned this was a bug so we should probably fix it.16:09
nixternalso everyone who is on the DMB is now a core-dev?16:10
cody-somervilleDMB is a member of core-dev team.16:10
nixternalwell that was easy...no sweating while mdz grills ya16:10
* cjwatson reminds nixternal that the DMB grants core-dev now ;-)16:10
cody-somervilleThe solution is to make dmb the owner of ubuntu-core-dev instead of a member.16:11
cjwatsonI believe Cody's suggestion was that the DMB should be the owner of teams but not a member16:11
nixternalheh, you would think I would have known that one :)16:11
cjwatsonI have a follow-up question to that though16:11
cjwatsonI think there are some other cases where the DMB is an administrator, and some other more closely aligned team is the owner16:11
* geser waves16:11
cjwatsonso while I think we can make this change for ~ubuntu-core-dev, we might have to be careful about doing it across the board16:12
cjwatsonat least it would require some coordination16:12
cody-somervilleIf no one disagrees, I can remove dmb from ubuntu-core-dev immediately since its already an owner.16:12
cjwatsonI think that's fine - if it causes a problem of some kind, I can put it back16:12
nixternal+1 - I was just looking at LP16:13
nixternal[ACTION]Remove DMB from Core Dev team - make it the owner and not a member16:13
MootBotACTION received: Remove DMB from Core Dev team - make it the owner and not a member16:13
nixternaldang, that was supposed to be agreed :)16:13
nixternal[AGREED]Remove DMB from Core Dev team - make it the owner and not a member16:13
MootBotAGREED received: Remove DMB from Core Dev team - make it the owner and not a member16:13
nixternalrock on16:13
nixternalbefore we get on to applications, who wants to chair the next meeting?16:14
james_wI have one thing too16:14
nixternalalrighty, go james_w16:14
james_wI would like a contact address to be set for ~ubuntu-dev and the DMB is the admin16:15
james_wcovered on ubuntu-devel@ in the thread "Default reviewer for Ubuntu merge proposals?"16:15
nixternalwhat contact address should it use?16:15
james_wdoesn't have to be covered in the meeting, but if I could get someone to volunteer, or be told to find another way to do this then that would be great16:16
nixternaleveryone agree with james_w idea?16:16
cjwatsonoh, I thought that had already been agreed16:16
cjwatsonthat being the point of changing ubuntu-core-dev's contact16:17
nixternal~ubuntu-core-dev or ~ubuntu-dev16:17
james_w(yes it's not a good address to actually contact the team, but there's no separation in LP between contacting them and sending them every detail of the action in LP related to the team)16:17
cjwatsonjames_w: are core-reviews and reviews aliases now, or duplicate lists?16:18
cjwatsonok, in that case there was no dissent on the list and the infrastructure has been prepared so I think we should JFDI16:18
nixternal[AGREED]Set contact address for ~ubuntu-dev to ubuntu-review@lists.ubuntu.com16:18
MootBotAGREED received: Set contact address for ~ubuntu-dev to ubuntu-review@lists.ubuntu.com16:18
cjwatsonI'll go ahead and do that now16:18
james_wthank you16:18
nixternalthanks cjwatson, I was about to do it too :)16:18
cjwatsonjames_w: sigh16:19
nixternalglad you spoke up before I did :)16:19
cjwatsonjames_w: so now we run into the bug where you need to run bits of SQL to disentangle a contact address from a team16:19
cjwatsonubuntu-reviews@lists.ubuntu.com is already registered in Launchpad and is associated with Ubuntu Core Development Team.16:19
stgrabernixternal: I'd volunteer as chair for next meeting though as I mentioned after the DST change it's now at a pretty bad time for me where I can only attend half of the meeting with a decent keyboard.16:19
cjwatsonjames_w: you'll need to file a question on Launchpad to ask a LOSA to disentangle that - it's a known bug16:19
nixternal[ACTION]Set contact address for ~ubuntu-dev to ubuntu-review@lists.ubuntu.com - done by cjwatson16:19
MootBotACTION received: Set contact address for ~ubuntu-dev to ubuntu-review@lists.ubuntu.com - done by cjwatson16:19
james_wcjwatson: will do, thanks16:19
cjwatsonnixternal: not done, blocked16:19
nixternal[ACTION]Set contact address for ~ubuntu-dev to ubuntu-review@lists.ubuntu.com - not done, blocked16:20
MootBotACTION received: Set contact address for ~ubuntu-dev to ubuntu-review@lists.ubuntu.com - not done, blocked16:20
cjwatsonand that's ubuntu-reviews@, but hopefully whoever parses the agenda will notice :)16:20
nixternal[ACTION]Set contact address for ~ubuntu-dev to ubuntu-reviews@lists.ubuntu.com - james_w to file a question on LP to ask a LOSA to disentagle the already registered address16:21
MootBotACTION received: Set contact address for ~ubuntu-dev to ubuntu-reviews@lists.ubuntu.com - james_w to file a question on LP to ask a LOSA to disentagle the already registered address16:21
nixternalthere, added the s :)16:21
james_whttps://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/106006 fwiw16:23
cody-somervilleShall we continue?16:23
nixternalcody-somerville: yes16:23
nixternalany volunteers for the next chair? seem stgraber can only do half a meeting16:23
nixternalif not, we shorten our meeting :)16:24
* soren wanders in, slightly confused that the meeting is going on right now16:24
sorenI thought this was supposed to be an hour ago?16:24
cjwatsonsoren: there was mail16:24
nixternalsoren: by you wondering in, does that mean you will the next chair? :D16:24
nixternalshould we set the meeting time an hour back, say 14:00 UTC?16:25
sorennixternal: I'll be traveling during next meeting, I'm afarid.16:25
sorenafraid, even.16:25
nixternal14:00 UTC would mean I really have to set my alarm :)16:25
nixternal09:00 is way to early to be waking up :)16:25
stgraber14:00 UTC would work perfectly for me and I'd be happy to chair that one then ;)16:26
cody-somervilleMaybe we should defer picking the chair to the mailing list? I might be able to chair but don't want to commit at the moment.16:26
nixternalcody-somerville: I was thinking the same thing16:26
sorenI have a meeting every day at..16:26
nixternalwe can do that16:26
stgrabernixternal: hehe, just need to move a bit eastern and you'd be good ;) it'd be 10am for me ;)16:26
* soren struggles with the $TZ arithmetic16:26
nixternal[ACTION]Decide next chair person via e-mail - nixternal will do that16:26
MootBotACTION received: Decide next chair person via e-mail - nixternal will do that16:26
nixternalok, application time it seems, unless there is any other admin stuff16:27
soren1430 UTC, it must be.16:27
cjwatsonlet's please move on, we're nearly half-way through the meeting16:27
nixternallooks like we have 2 according to the agenda16:27
sorenSo I'd only ever be able to do the first 30 minutes of the meeting if it starts at 1400.16:27
nixternalogasawara: you about?16:27
* ogasawara waves16:27
sorenOh, sorry, I thought we were wrapping up with all the talk about meeting times.16:28
gesersoren: can you email you vote for cyphermox's application? your vote is the last missing and needed for the result16:28
nixternal[TOPIC]Leann Ogasawara Per Package Upload Application16:28
MootBotNew Topic: Leann Ogasawara Per Package Upload Application16:28
nixternalogasawara: care to introduce yourself quickly?16:28
ogasawaranixternal: sure16:28
ogasawarahi guys.  Leann Ogasawara here.  Member of the Canonical kernel team.  I've most recently been involved with security updates for the kernel but looking to take on the ubuntu-m kernel maintainership.16:29
ogasawarawhich is why I'm hoping to get upload rights :)16:29
cody-somervilleWhen did you make the transition to the kernel team?16:30
geserI think it's the first time I see GPG signed endorsements in an application :)16:30
ogasawaracody-somerville: right after the new year16:30
* stgraber is switching to the n900 for the remaining part of the meeting16:30
nixternalgeser: I was thinking the same exact thing16:31
* stgraber-n900 waves16:31
ogasawaracody-somerville: well the paper work was finalized after the new year.  I'd sorta moved a bit before that.16:31
cody-somervilleogasawara, You have 5 uploads of linux type packages attributed to you, all for karmic. Why haven't you made any uploads to lucid yet?16:32
ogasawaracody-somerville: mainly because that's been apw's responsibility at the moment16:32
cody-somervilleHow many kernel uploads have you contributed to?16:33
ogasawaracody-somerville: I'd have to say with the CVE work it's been at least over 20 as it involves not on the linux package, but the meta's and lbm, lum, etc for all supported releases.16:34
ogasawaras/not on/not only/16:34
cody-somervilleBy ubuntu-m, do you mean ubuntu-mobile or something else?16:34
ogasawaracody-somerville: Lucid+116:34
nixternalhrmm, I come up with a question and see it has already been answered in the app :)16:35
cody-somervilleogasawara, Who is the current maintainer?16:35
ogasawaracody-somerville: for Lucid, it's apw16:35
ogasawaracody-somerville: I'll be working closely with him to make the transition from Lucid to Lucid+1 and I've already started on the git tree prep work16:36
apwyeah we usually have one maintainer per series kerenl while it is in development phase ... this is a limitation of our rebase based update between series16:36
nixternalogasawara: seeing as I can't read the build logs for the PPA builds, can you explain the build failures on some of the packages you have comitted?16:37
ogasawaranixternal: the most recent is for the 2.6.34-rc2 Lucid+1 kernel16:37
ogasawaranixternal: and it's actually the linux_doc package of all things that is failing16:37
ogasawaranixternal: I'm planning to find out why after this meeting16:38
nixternali don't see a failure for 2.6.34 but for Jaunty's linux-meta
ogasawarahrm, jaunty meta failing? could likely be the ABI16:39
ogasawarabut I'd need to see the log to know for sure16:39
cody-somervilleogasawara, It appears you're requesting upload permissions for packages you've not uploaded before. Do you have experience working with all of those packages? If so, where and what kind?16:39
nixternallooks like it occurred 2010-01-27 in the Private PPA for Ubuntu Security Team16:39
cjwatsoncody-somerville: that's just the kernel package set, FWIW16:40
cjwatsonI wouldn't expect people necessarily to have uploaded every single package in a set before asking for access to that set16:40
cjwatsonin fact, with most sets, I'd be quite surprised if they had16:41
ogasawaracody-somerville: I unfortunately haven't uploaded every single package in that list, but I've touched on a good majority (like all the linux-*)16:41
* soren hasn't exactly uploaded every package in main (much less universe) :)16:41
cody-somervilleah, wasn't aware this was a package set.16:41
ogasawaracody-somerville: and linux-firmware I haven't touched as well16:41
nixternalsoren: well you need to get to it then :)16:42
ogasawaracody-somerville: and as usual it involved the CVE work16:42
sorennixternal: I'm confident it's in everybody's best interest if I keep my hands off of, say, Kubuntu :)16:42
nixternalgood point16:42
nixternalprobably the same goes for me though :)16:43
nixternalI think I am ready to vote, any more questions?16:43
cjwatsonnone from me16:43
cody-somervilleI find this a difficult application because of the lack of traditional indicators.16:43
stgraber-n900none here16:44
* soren has no questions and is ready to vote16:44
geserno questions16:44
nixternal[VOTE]Leann Ogasawara Per Package Upload for Linux Kernel Packages16:44
MootBotPlease vote on: Leann Ogasawara Per Package Upload for Linux Kernel Packages.16:44
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot16:44
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting16:44
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 116:44
MootBot+1 received from geser. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 216:44
MootBot+1 received from stgraber-n900. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 316:45
MootBot+1 received from soren. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 416:45
cjwatson+1 - I've worked with ogasawara before and have no qualms16:45
cody-somerville+0 - I'm going to abstain.16:45
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 516:45
MootBotAbstention received from cody-somerville. 5 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 516:45
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 516:46
sorenThis silly keyboard almost made me vote -1 :)16:46
nixternalgroovy, congrats ogasawara \o/16:46
ogasawarathanks guys!16:46
cody-somervilleogasawara, Congratulations! :)16:46
sorenogasawara: Thank /you/!16:46
apwyay ogasawara16:46
macoogasawara: \o/16:46
cjwatsonimplemented in LP16:46
nixternalcjwatson: rock on!16:46
stgraber-n900congrats !16:47
nixternalI just called in the core-dev app dude16:47
nixternalthere he is16:47
nixternal[TOPIC]Jonathan Thomas Core Developer Application16:48
MootBotNew Topic: Jonathan Thomas Core Developer Application16:48
nixternaljon the enchilada16:48
nixternalJontheEchidna: care to quickly introduce yourself?16:48
JontheEchidnaI'm a Kubuntu contributor. I do KDE packaging most every KDE release, as well as take care of bugs and such for the KDE packages16:49
JontheEchidnaNeed links to my application?16:49
nixternalwe got it :)16:50
cjwatsonwe have it on our agenda, thanks16:50
cjwatsonfrom your application: "the powers that be are opposed to making any changes to the package set that a Kubuntu Dev can upload to" - FWIW, speaking as probably the most relevant "power that be", this is a very very misleading statement16:50
nixternalyeah, I should have probably tossed in the links via MootBot16:50
cjwatsonI described the actual state of affairs in https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2009-November/029623.html16:50
MootBotLINK received: https://wiki.kubuntu.org/JonathanThomas/CoreDevApplication16:50
JontheEchidnacjwatson: Ah, I was basing that off of what ScottK said16:50
cjwatsonI have *never* said that I was opposed to making any changes in that package set - what I said was that it was difficult to add core things like qt to it right now16:50
cjwatsonlargely because of software inadequacies16:51
JontheEchidnaYeah, I feel for ya. Software inadeqaucies suck16:51
cjwatsonwe can go through the application anyway, but I want it clearly understood that it isn't intended for Kubuntu uploaders to be permanently unable to upload (say) kdebase-workspace16:52
* rgreening looks forward to updated kubuntu-dev package set in future16:52
JontheEchidnaBut as it stands, the package set is limiting  my usefulness, so I think that being a core-dev would be an appropriate fix16:52
cjwatsonwell, let's review that on its merits then16:52
RiddellI fully support JontheEchidna's application, he's a first rate packager with a good knowledge of what needs to be done and when16:52
rgreeningand we need to add additional persons who can upload when Riddell is not around16:52
nixternaloh lord, here come all of those whacky kubuntu folks16:53
JontheEchidnaI will change my app to properly reflect the current kubuntu-dev upload rights right now16:53
maconixternal: pointy clicky windows user!16:54
nixternalas it seems I am bad at leaving endorsements on people's applications, or jon the enchilada doesn't like me, I support his app, I know his plans, and the only thing he can break is kubuntu, which is now apachelogger's fault if that occurs...he is a good packager, i know he is testing his stuff now because he doesn't want to hear me complain in #kubuntu-devel about this or that :)16:54
cody-somervilleJontheEchidna, Being a core developer is more than just being a good packager. How often do you work with developers outside of the Kubuntu community?16:55
nixternalJontheEchidna: by being core dev, you are getting access to what? I can't remember off hand, Qt and kdelibs are the 2 big ones right? were there any other ones as well?16:55
JontheEchidnacody-somerville: KDE is the major upstream I work with. Just the other week I submitted a bugfix for the Plasma Netbook shell after consultation with Marco Martin, who works on that component16:56
JontheEchidnaI also co-maintain the shared-desktop-ontologies with the Debian Qt KDE team16:56
cody-somervilleJontheEchidna, How often do you work with other Ubuntu developers on Ubuntu that has nothing to do with Kubuntu or KDE?16:56
nixternalthere are other people outside of Kubuntu or KDE? :p16:57
nixternalthis damn basement!16:57
JontheEchidnacody-somerville: Not too much really. I know I submitted an acpid patch once, and some core-dev-ish person sponsored it.16:58
* soren has a hard stop in 1½ minute16:58
cody-somervilleJontheEchidna, If the kubuntu package set covered all the packages you need, would you apply for core dev?16:58
geserJontheEchidna: would you upload this patch yourself if you were core-dev at that time?16:59
nixternalJontheEchidna: by being a core-dev, what benefits can you bring outside of the Kubuntu community?16:59
cody-somervilleJontheEchidna, What is your opinion on this blog post: http://apachelog.wordpress.com/2010/03/17/kubuntu-is-not-ubuntu/ ?16:59
JontheEchidnacody-somerville: Probably not, for your first question.16:59
JontheEchidnageser: The patch was a fairly straight-forward one-liner (a missing include). For anything bigger I would have consulted with the maintainer17:00
nixternalguess that kind of answers my question too then :(17:00
cjwatsonif I'm actioned to do so by the DMB, I'm prepared to see what I can do to add support for specific exceptions to the seed-based rules for generating package sets17:00
nixternalcjwatson: I can [ACTION] ya :)17:01
cjwatsonI hadn't planned to do so for lucid because I have a ton of other things to do, but if it's blocking people to the extent that they're prepared to apply for core-dev to workaround it, I guess I should change my mind17:01
JontheEchidnacody-somerville: Ah, I would like to direct you to the comment I made in that post: http://apachelog.wordpress.com/2010/03/17/kubuntu-is-not-ubuntu/#comment-6817:01
cody-somervilleWould PPU rights be a suitable work around if you don't have time cjwatson?17:01
cjwatsoncody-somerville: I think exceptions in package set generation might actually be less effort17:02
cody-somervilleJontheEchidna, Do you agree with apachelogger's statement that "Kubuntu is not Ubuntu"?17:02
JontheEchidnacody-somerville: Well, in that the Kubuntu derivative of Ubuntu Linux is not the same as the main Ubuntu desktop, yes. I do still feel that it is part of the Ubuntu family17:03
nixternalcody-somerville: I think "Kubuntu is not Ubuntu" is a bit vague without reading into what apachelogger said. That statement along could be answered yes or no without any further justification and be correct17:03
JontheEchidnaHere's a list of packages that Kubuntu-dev would need to have for it to be useful to me (may not be complete): qt4-x11, akonadi, soprano, libattica/attica, phonon-backends, kde4libs, kdebase-runtime, kdebase-workspace17:04
JontheEchidna^these are all updated upstream at or around new KDE releases17:05
nixternalDMB: what do we want to do here, process the core-dev application or fix it so that kubuntu-dev has access to the packages not previously covered?17:05
cjwatsonI think we should process the core-dev application on its merits, and the package set fixes would be a fallback position17:06
cody-somervilleJontheEchidna, The reason I ask is because I'm a firm believer that 'Kubuntu is Ubuntu' and I think this is an important understanding that needs to exist between developers, especially core developers, so that we all work together in harmony instead of inadvertently working against each other.17:06
cjwatsoncody-somerville: apachelogger is a core developer; are you saying we should expel him? ;-)17:06
geserI prefer fixing the package sets permissions and use core-dev as a callback17:06
JontheEchidnacody-somerville: For that meaning, I agree. We should all be one big family.17:07
cjwatson(I think it's odd to bring up "do you agree with this other core developer" as a question in a core-dev application to which the expected answer is "no")17:07
JontheEchidnaWhat I think he was saying was that there isn't a definied level of commerical support that we are entitled to receive from Canonical17:07
JontheEchidnaI do agree with that17:07
cody-somervilleI think what apachelogger meant to say was that Kubuntu is not Canonical. This is why I wanted to get clarification from JontheEchidna to ensure the issue wasn't segregation within the Ubuntu community.17:09
ScottKcody-somerville: The problem is the term Ubuntu is overloaded and depending on what meaning you pick, it's either true or not.17:09
cjwatsonJontheEchidna: your endorsements are all from Kubuntu folks, although that's certainly understandable.  If you had asked for comments from non-Kubuntu folks, whom would you have asked?  That is, whom do you think you've worked with most outside Kubuntu?17:09
JontheEchidnacjwatson: I've contributed to jockey, software-properties and language-selector, so probably mvo or pitti17:09
JontheEchidnathough that was more in a coding sense than a packaging sense17:10
JontheEchidnaand KDE code at that17:10
cjwatsonwell, yeah, KDE code is spread out through all sorts of packages17:11
JontheEchidnaAs a core-dev I would sponsor packages in the sponsor queue that fell under my skill set to review17:12
cjwatsonI have no further questions17:12
nixternaleveryone ready to vote?17:13
cody-somervilleAre we going to vote on core-dev or are we going to investigate the seed exceptions for JontheEchidna first instead?17:13
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
cjwatsonI think we should vote on core-dev anyway; exceptions will take longer, and are moot (for this application anyway) if we think that he is suitable for core-dev in any case17:14
nixternalgeser, stgraber-n900, soren: any further questions?17:14
nixternal[VOTE]Jonathan Thomas Core Developer Application17:14
MootBotPlease vote on: Jonathan Thomas Core Developer Application.17:14
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:14
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:14
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:15
cjwatson+1 - I was unsure at first, but I spent some time looking over JontheEchidna's changes to non-KDE packages and they're the same type of thing that make it useful for Riddell to be a core developer - extensions of KDE frontends in core packages, that sort of thing - and I think his breadth of experience is suitable at this point17:16
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:16
soren+1. Sorry, I'm slow, I'm in a meeting right now.17:17
cjwatsonsoren: I think you need a space after the voting characters in order for mootbot to parse it17:17
sorenMootBot: fascist17:17
MootBot+1 received from soren. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:17
geser+0  - I see fixing the package sets the better solution, but believe JontheEchidna would be a responsible core-dev17:17
MootBotAbstention received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 317:17
cody-somerville+0 - For the same reasons as geser.17:17
MootBotAbstention received from cody-somerville. 3 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 317:17
stgraber-n900+0 same as geser17:18
MootBotAbstention received from stgraber-n900. 3 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 317:18
MootBotFinal result is 3 for, 0 against. 3 abstained. Total: 317:18
geserhmm, what does result mean?17:19
cody-somervilleIt means we need to defer to ML I think.17:19
nixternali am kind of confused, as we were voting on a core developer application, and 3 made it a vote on solution instead of the fact at hand17:19
cjwatsonI think it means persia's vote governs17:20
nixternalbut yes, it needs to go to the ml so persia can vote17:20
sorenReally? It's a +3.17:20
sorenDoes one need +4 to "win"?17:20
macosoren: 3/7 is not a majority...17:20
JontheEchidnajust as a note, I have to go to lunch really soon here...17:21
sorenmaco: I understand. It just seems odd that the fact that people abstain rather than vote against makes no difference.17:21
nixternalright, if persia was to vote +0 or -1, the vote is still positive17:21
cjwatsona vote against would make it more difficult to reach +417:22
sorencjwatson: Understood as well. I just wasn't aware that it had to be +4.17:22
sorenIf so, what's the point of being able to abstain?17:22
sorennixternal: Over TCP? Sounds like fun.17:22
Riddellisn't it a quorum of three?  I've not heard of a majority needing to be positive17:22
cjwatsonat some point we should codify all this as I think we make it up as we go along too much.  For now, let's defer until persia's vote, and let JontheEchidna go to lunch17:22
nixternalcjwatson: +117:23
DarkwingDuckI thought to Abstain a vote was not to vote. Thus allowing the 4 remaining to do the voting. Instead of it being 3/7 it is not 3/417:23
JontheEchidnaThanks. I gotta go now.17:23
cjwatsonDarkwingDuck: unfortunately, we never established a sufficiently precise set of rules; we ought to, but in the meantime there appear to be varying interpretations among the voting body17:24
nixternal[ACTION]Jonathan Thomas' Core Developer Application - take it to the mailing list as persia needs to vote - currently 3 for, 3 abstain17:24
MootBotACTION received: Jonathan Thomas' Core Developer Application - take it to the mailing list as persia needs to vote - currently 3 for, 3 abstain17:24
nixternal[ACTION]Any other business17:24
MootBotACTION received: Any other business17:24
nixternaldo we have any other business that needs to be taken care of?17:24
DarkwingDuckcjwatson: ahh, Okay.17:24
cjwatsonnevertheless, if persia votes other than +1, I'll make sure to get the seed exception stuff done17:24
gesernixternal: you can now recount the votes for cyphermox17:25
cjwatsonso that either way JontheEchidna can get his work done17:25
geserall have voted now17:25
nixternalgeser: do you have the count off hand?17:25
geserone moment17:26
nixternalgeser: I count +117:26
macocrimsun says you need at least $QUORUM positive votes17:26
macoso if quorum is 3, then +3 is enough17:26
geser2x +1, 1x -1 and 4x 017:26
nixternalgeser: hrmm, so what does that mean?17:27
nixternaldoes he get it or no17:27
gesernixternal: you are the chair :)17:27
cjwatsonthat seems far too weak for acceptance to me17:27
cjwatsonbut, well, I'm not the chair :)17:28
nixternalcjwatson: yeah, I was thinking the same thing, however +1 is a positive vote, oh this is fun17:28
nixternalgreat, I either get to make or break someones day17:28
cjwatsonif you're really stuck, appeal to sabdfl for a ruling17:28
cyphermoxdoesn't sound like a pass to me ;)17:28
=== yofel is now known as yofel_
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
nixternalI am going to have to say, with the comments left in abstention and the vote against, I would have to say no at this time17:29
nixternalanyone want to email him and let him know?17:29
gesernixternal: you can tell cyphermox directly, he is here17:29
nixternaloh, cyphermox don't take this as a bad thing, i think after touching some more packages, and getting your hands a bit more dirty, you will be golden...i would say you should apply again probably the month after lucid+1 opens, that way there you can touch more packages and fix the things people either voted +0 or -1 said17:30
cyphermoxfigured as much, hence why I didn't harass persia more about letting me know of the results17:31
nixternalgroovy, sorry for breaking the bad news, but it really isn't bad news, it is just a "hey, come back again soon, we need ya!"17:31
nixternalany other business?17:31
nixternalmeeting adjourned in 10 seconds....17:32
nixternalgoing once17:32
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:32.17:32
nixternalthanks everyone!17:32
nixternalI will summarize the meeting and get it in the team reports, as well as mail out the log so persia can catch up, though he is in here now and can reaad back log as well17:33
stgraber-n900thanks, see you in two weeks !17:33
nixternalthanks! have a great rest of the day everyone!17:35
geseryou too17:36
nixternalcome on you silly MootBot, update the logs already17:41
=== nosse1_noob is now known as nosse1
* jjohansen waves17:59
* ogasawara waves18:00
* apw looks vague and useless18:00
* JFo slaps apw18:00
* smb waits confused18:00
bjfjust a sec, i'm here18:00
MootBotMeeting started at 12:01. The chair is bjf.18:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]18:01
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:01
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid18:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Lucid18:01
bjf# NOTE: '..' indicates that you are finished with your input.18:02
bjf[TOPIC] Open Action Item: JFo to send out regression bug day announcements on monday18:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Action Item: JFo to send out regression bug day announcements on monday18:02
JFoe-mail went out last week for the schedule18:02
JFosent to all bug lists that normal bug days go to18:02
bjfso we can consider this one done?18:02
bjf[TOPIC] Open Action Item: JFo to do a wiki page on regression bug days18:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Action Item: JFo to do a wiki page on regression bug days18:02
JFowiki page for the Bug Day is located here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/KernelBugDay18:02
JFoI'll be removing the last 3 dates as final freeze is on the 17th iirc18:03
bjfdone as well, nice18:03
JFoyessir :)18:03
bjf[TOPIC] Release Metrics: (JFo)18:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Release Metrics: (JFo)18:03
JFoRelease Meeting Bugs (13 bugs, 6 blueprints)18:03
JFoBeta 2 Milestoned Bugs (93 bugs against all packages (down 15))18:03
JFo * 13 linux kernel bugs (no change)18:03
JFo * 0 linux-fsl-imx51 bugs (no change)18:03
JFo * 1 linux-ec2 bug (no change)18:03
JFo * 1 linux-mvl-dove bugs (no change)18:03
JFoRelease Targeted Bugs (300 bugs against all packages (no change))18:03
JFo * 32 linux kernel bugs (up 2)18:03
JFo * 0 linux-fsl-imx51 bugs  (no change)18:04
JFo * 1 linux-ec2 bug (no change)18:04
JFo * 1 linux-mvl-dove bugs (down 1)18:04
JFoMilestoned Features -18:04
JFo * 0 blueprints18:04
JFo    18:04
JFoBugs with Patches Attached:123 (up 4)18:04
JFoBreakdown by status:18:04
MootBotLINK received:  http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/csv-stats/bugs-with-patches/linux/18:04
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-bug-handling (JFo)18:05
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-bug-handling18:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-bug-handling (JFo)18:05
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-bug-handling18:05
JFo * Only outstanding item for beta 2 still open: [leannogasawara] apport -- sub-system directed reporting [amber]:INPROGRESS18:06
JFoall other tasks complete18:06
JFoall other beta 2 tasks18:06
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kernel-config-review (apw)18:06
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-kernel-config-review18:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kernel-config-review (apw)18:06
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-kernel-config-review18:06
apwPATA and SATA pull out is done and some debian installer fallout sorted out (thanks smb), and the review of the builtin sub-systems complete.18:07
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kms (sconklin / apw)18:07
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-kms18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kms (sconklin / apw)18:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-kms18:07
sconklinI've just released a test kernel which addresses the flickering problem with some Intel graphics devices.18:07
sconklinThere are five bugs open against this: http://bit.ly/aiKuuL18:07
apwWe have some flickering issue outstanding which look to be resolved with18:07
apwa powersaving patch which is in testing.  We also have one further twitching18:07
apwissue which should have test kernels today.  Otherwise we are continuing18:07
apwto debug issues as they appear.18:07
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-apparmor-development (jjohansen)18:07
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-apparmor-development18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-apparmor-development (jjohansen)18:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-apparmor-development18:07
jjohansenLooking at Bug #458299, Bug #529288, Bug #544764, Bug #549428, which all seem to be inter-related or even possibly symptoms of the same bug18:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 458299 in linux "apparmor_parser: page allocation failure. order:5" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/45829918:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 529288 in linux ""Kernel Oops" - unable to handle kernel paging request at ffff880323279bf2 RIP is at aa_dfa_match_len+0xd9/0xf0" [Low,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52928818:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 544764 in apparmor "unkillable apparmor_parser" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/54476418:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 549428 in apparmor "Triggers permanent high i/o load after upgrade" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/54942818:08
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: kernel-lucid-boot-performance (apw, csurbhi)18:08
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-boot-performance18:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: kernel-lucid-boot-performance (apw, csurbhi)18:08
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-lucid-boot-performance18:08
apwLooks like the remaining ureadahead work will get postponed to Lucid+1 as18:08
apwwe the userspace bits are not likely to make Lucid.  That likely will close18:08
apwoff the blueprint.18:08
apw(we can try and drop it from the meeting next week)18:09
bjfapw, ack18:09
bjf[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: Lucid Audio Support (bjf)18:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: Lucid Audio Support (bjf)18:09
bjfDid a bunch of arsenal work, blasted several hundred alsa-driver bugs with automated18:09
bjf[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: Lucid Better Power Mgt (cnd)18:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: Lucid Better Power Mgt (cnd)18:09
cndPushed a new set of packages out18:10
cndand a CFT18:10
cndno news since18:10
bjf[TOPIC] Other Release Tasks: EC2 Lucid Kernel Status (jjohansen)18:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Release Tasks: EC2 Lucid Kernel Status (jjohansen)18:10
jjohansenDid lots of testing for Bug #540378, Bug #527208, haven't been able to trip either so we are looking good for EC2.18:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 540378 in linux-ec2 "BUG: soft lockup - CPU#1 stuck for 66s! [swapper:0]" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/54037818:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 527208 in linux-ec2 "ec2 instance fails boot, no console output on c1.xlarge" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52720818:10
bjf[TOPIC] Status: Lucid (apw)18:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Lucid (apw)18:11
apwLucid is at stable  We are prepping to the Beta-2 freeze18:11
apwon Thursday, and expect to upload kernels for that early Wednesday.  Anything18:11
apwwe need in should be up for review _today_.18:11
bjf[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (gnarl/smb)18:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (gnarl/smb)18:11
smbHardy:       2.6.24-27.68  (security)18:11
smb             2.6.24-27.69  (proposed)[ 6]  1/ 3 verifications done (+1)18:11
smbIntrepid:    2.6.27-17.46  (security)18:11
smbJaunty:      2.6.28-18.60  (security)18:11
smbKarmic:      2.6.31-20.58  (security)18:11
smb             2.6.31-21.59  (proposed)[ 6]  2/19 verifications done (+2)18:11
smb - LBM       2.6.31-20.22  (security)18:11
smb             2.6.31-21.23  (proposed)[ 6]  0/ 2 verifications done18:11
smb - mvl-dove  2.6.31-212.26 (security)18:11
smb             2.6.31-213.27 (proposed)[ 6]18:12
smb - fsl-imx51 2.6.31-109.25 (security)18:12
smb             2.6.31-110.26 (proposed)[ 6]  0/ 1 verifications done18:12
smb                                           1/ 1 failed! -> #50741618:12
smb             2.6.31-111.27 (uploaded)18:12
smb - ec2       2.6.31-109.25 (security)18:12
smb             2.6.31-110.26 (proposed)[ 6]18:12
smbKarmic ec2 and mvl-dove have no open bug reports but were rebased to the18:12
smbversion of master in proposed. Asked for quick re-test.18:12
smbKarmic fsl-imx51 needs to set the status right. An update for it has been18:12
smbuploaded today (consisting of previous and new changelog).18:12
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)18:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)18:12
JFoIncoming Bugs18:12
JFo438/568 Lucid Bugs (up 130)18:12
JFoCurrent regression stats (broken down by release):18:12
JFo==== regression-potential (up 38) ====18:12
JFo  * 128/166 lucid bugs18:12
JFo==== regression-update (no change) ====18:12
JFo  * 12 karmic bugs18:12
JFo  * 5 jaunty bugs18:13
JFo  * 2 intrepid bugs18:13
JFo  * 1 hardy bug18:13
JFo==== regression-release (down 1) ====18:13
JFo  * 53 karmic bugs18:13
JFo  * 21 jaunty bugs18:13
JFo  * 11 intrepid bugs18:13
JFo  * 4 hardy bugs18:13
JFo==== regression-proposed (no change) ====18:13
JFo  * 1 karmic bug18:13
JFoplease note the big bump to lucid regressions18:13
* apw queries18:13
bjfapw, go18:13
apwwhats the 128/166 mean?18:13
JFolast week to this week, sorry I should have pulled out the last week's number18:14
apwand i presume the bug jump is post beta-118:14
JFoit is18:14
apwso in a way its good18:14
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)18:15
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)18:15
JFoToday is another Kernel Team 'regression-' bug day. Thanks for working on these last week. The next Kernel Regression Bug Day will be on Thursday.18:15
JFoThursday of this week that is18:15
bjf[TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything?18:15
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything?18:15
bjfapw, go18:16
apwsconklin, is that patch going to be ready for review today?  the pll one?18:16
sconklinI can go ahead and send it if you want - I've smoke tested it but I don't have affected hardware18:16
sconklinno verification that it works18:16
apwsconklin, wahts the h/w affected?18:17
cndsconklin: what hw do you need?18:17
sconklinone sec18:17
sconklin915GM and 945GM or some subset thereof18:17
cndsconklin: I have a pinetrail if that is affected18:18
dhillon-v10sconklin: I have a 945GM on this machine, so I may be able to help testing it :)18:18
apwsconklin, just bear in mind the freeze for b-2 is basicaly my morning tommororw18:18
apwand after b-2 we are going to be hard to get stuff past18:18
sconklindhillon-v10: excellent - have you had screen flickering?18:18
dhillon-v10sconklin: not really :) should I be experiencing some?18:19
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~sconklin/test-i915/18:19
sconklinwell, that's the bug this fixes18:19
sconklinI'll go ahead and post it to the list - it's been accepted upstream so I feel pretty ok about it18:20
apwsconklin, thanks18:20
bjfanyone else?18:20
bjfkamalm, go18:20
kamalmI am confirmed for the April CELF Embedded Linux Conf. in San Francisco and have requested an invitation for the Collab Conf. to follow.  I will meet some of you there :-)18:20
cndlooking forward to it :)18:21
bjfanyone else?18:21
bjfthanks everyone18:21
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:21.18:21
apwbjf ta18:21
cndthanks bjf18:21
JFothanks bjf18:21
kamalmbjf: thanks18:21
psurbhibjf, thanks :)18:22
=== unimix|work is now known as unimix
=== lukjad007 is now known as lukjad86

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!