=== The_Toxic_Mite is now known as iPing
kaushalI am kaushal would like to become a member of Ubuntu00:52
kaushalI have achieved migrating windows users to ubuntu users in my organization00:53
kaushalI work for webaroo00:53
kaushalwhat are the rules which i need to follow ?00:54
kaushalpersia: Thanks01:29
=== lifeless_ is now known as lifeless
BasicXPhello! it this the channel the ubuntu regional board will hold it's meeting today?04:17
persiaBasicXP: yes, but not for about 6 and a half hours.04:25
nhandlerpersia: Why isn't it on the Fridge?04:35
persianhandler: Dunno.  It used to be there.04:37
ajmitchno doubt there'll need to be some appointments to that membership board soonish04:39
persiaIndeed.  The period of nominations is ending soon, and the nominees will be forwarded to the CC.  The precise timing of the end of the nomination period depends on my TODO list, but it's likely to be within the next ~8 hours.04:42
ajmitchah, I thought it had closed last week04:43
persiaIt probably officially closed last week, but I haven't forwarded them yet :)04:44
* persia will soonish.04:44
ajmitchright :)04:44
ajmitchI hope you have enough nominations for a stable team04:44
* persia too04:44
persiaHrm.  Seems we didn't get as many as we'd have liked :(  Anyway, nominations really closed now.04:52
* ajmitch didn't really want to step forward for that04:52
persiaNot many did, unfortunately.04:54
* persia peers about10:58
persialifeless: amachu: elky: TheMuso: freeflying: hey!  We're on!11:02
elkyoh, so we are.11:03
elkyour vict^Wapplicant isn't here though, that I can see anyway.11:04
elkybeen offline for 6hrs now according to nickserv.11:05
persiaRight.  I remember the departure message, and left a hint (a bit too late) about the time, in case logs were checked.11:07
persiaAh, will be half an hour late, according to the wiki.11:07
persiaMaybe we'll have quorum then :)11:07
BasicXPHello! Excuse me for being late11:20
BasicXPIs the meeting going now?11:21
persiaWe were waiting for you :)11:23
* persia goes off to hunt missing board members11:23
persiafreeflying: Hey.  You about?11:23
BasicXPThank you, persia!11:24
persiaSeveral folks seem to be offline, unfortunately.11:25
amachupersia: Hi11:25
amachupersia: hope, there wasn't a candiate for membership..11:26
persiaThere is, but BasicXP was also a bit late, so we're all good.11:26
elkylifeless is in the process of trading countries, so I think we can excuse him. we only need to find one more though11:26
persiaWe have four.11:26
elkywe do?11:26
persiaTheMuso has joined.11:26
elkyah. so he did.11:27
BasicXPSchool made it impossible to attend the meeting from the beginning :(11:27
amachuBasicXP ok!11:27
persiaBasicXP: No worries.  We weren't all here.11:27
elkythat's ok. pretend the lateness never happened. Introduce yourself :)11:27
persiaBasicXP: So, why don't you introduce yourself11:27
BasicXPMy name is Roman11:27
BasicXPI was contributing to Launchpad since 200811:27
BasicXPTranslating different projects11:28
BasicXPLater, I was accepted into Russian LoCo and began my work there11:28
BasicXPDoing most of the work in summer11:28
BasicXPThat's in short the "biography" of myself.11:28
BasicXPIs there abything I should tell more about?11:29
BasicXP* anything11:29
persiaBasicXP: What sort of work have you been doing in the LoCo?11:30
BasicXPMostly translation of the operating system, tried to organize the Moscow LoCo. Also partly responsible for bug tracking and Wikipedia editing.11:31
amachuBasicXP: Wikipedia editing?11:32
BasicXPYeah, that includes grammar correction and translation.11:32
persiahttp://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Linux ?11:32
BasicXPI'm meaning both wiki.ubuntu.com and help.ubuntu.ru (Russian WiKi)11:32
BasicXPMostly the second one11:33
elkyAh, wiki not wikipedia.11:33
BasicXPAnd I did make a change or two to the Wikipedia's page11:33
BasicXPOh sorry. "Wikipedia" - my fault11:33
elkyThat's ok, we figured it out.11:34
persiaBasicXP: Did you bring anyone to cheer for you today?11:36
BasicXPNot now, but if you give me a minute or two I'll try to reach one of my colleagues11:36
persiaSure :)11:37
BasicXPWaiting for his answer...11:39
BasicXPWhile waiting, may I ask you a question?11:41
BasicXPHow active should I be to be an Ubuntu Member? I mean what activities should I've been doing before to qualify?11:42
elkyYou can be active anywhere directly within the ubuntu community. We like to see several months of activity, not just a few weeks. The idea is "significant and sustained"11:43
persiaWhat you do doesn't matter.  That said, you should have been active within the Ubuntu community in a visible way, that your peers see as significant, and have been doing this in a sustained manner.  There's no firm timeframe, but most successful applicants have at least two months, and often six months or more of active contributions to demonstrate this.11:44
BasicXPOkay. Is the activity I had enough to qualify?11:45
persiaBasicXP: That's what we're looking at :)11:46
amachu_there should have been continous activity (properly tracked to make things easier for us) any where, for Ubuntu11:46
amachu_got off for a while due to power shut down..11:47
=== amachu_ is now known as amachu
BasicXPWell just the point, that I had most activity in summer, makes me concerned.11:47
persiaBasicXP: So one thing that's confusing me is that you seem to be fairly active in translations, but LP is only telling me about the last couple week's work (and you joined the translations team nearly a year ago, so I presume there's more).  Any idea where I can find it?11:47
BasicXPMost of the work was done from april 2008. I was told that history gets cleared each amount of time  and karma gets lower11:48
BasicXPBecause i remembered to have a screenshot where i had it around 3000 or so11:48
persiaOh lovely.  That makes it very easy for us.11:49
* persia takes a note to file a bug11:49
persiaBasicXP: So, the work on help.ubuntu.ru looks like a fair bit, your translations history was annoyingly scrubbed.  Your answers/bugs history is of mixed value (not so much successful triage or questions considered answered).11:50
amachuBasicXP: Is there a place where we could find a link on your contributions to Russian Ubuntu Wiki..11:50
elkyBasicXP, is it possible to see that screenshot?11:50
BasicXPI'm afraid I deleted that one a long time ago :(11:51
persiaSpeaking personally, I'd like to see some testimonials on your wiki page from other folks to confirm you've done lots, and they consider you an important part of Ubuntu.11:51
amachuBasicXP: I am looking forward to know, how many help pages you would have written etc.,11:51
BasicXPamachu: I'm mostly translating pages, not writing them11:51
* persia definitely sees evidence of activity in team meetings11:52
amachuBasicXP: fine.. how many of them have you done roughly etc.,11:52
BasicXPumm... i didn't do much translation on wiki maybe about just 5, i did most work in launchpad11:53
amachuBasicXP: the rosetta translations are your main contributions. am I right?11:54
amachuBasicXP: has anyone turned out now to support you?11:54
BasicXPYes, here is Agafonov1. He may probably support me.11:54
Agafonov1I'm from Russian LoCo11:55
amachuTheMuso: listening?11:55
TheMusoamachu: yes11:55
amachuTheMuso: ok..11:56
TheMusoHrm we are almost out of time.11:57
amachuAgafonov1: are you continuing?11:58
Agafonov1BasicXP: helped us mostly during meetings to shape our internal tasks and processes, he help to work with translation bugs a lot accepting them via email from our testing community.11:58
Agafonov1As far as I know he made some transltations in rosetta11:58
Agafonov1currently we are talking about further activity12:00
amachuAgafonov1: how continuos were they & would you cheer BasicXP for a membership?12:00
Agafonov1because he wants to help more12:00
amachupersia: TheMuso: elky: Shall we take up voting?12:01
Agafonov1err, i'm too slow on writing :(12:02
elkyAgafonov1, you have more to say?12:02
Agafonov1go on, thanks12:03
* persia is pointed at https://translations.launchpad.net/~basicxp/+activity by the helpful folks in #launchpad12:04
Agafonov1mmm, you may continue I meant :)12:04
elkypersia, ok wow. thanks12:05
elkypersia, and why on earth do they hide that?12:05
persiaSaves DB query time, I suspect.12:05
elkypersia, i can understand not for default view, but... a link is too much to ask?12:06
persiaIt's behind the "See all" link at https://translations.launchpad.net/people/+me12:06
persiaWe just didn't see the link because it's on the lower right.12:06
elkyOh, So it is.12:07
TheMusoOk so shall we vote?12:08
elkyOk, ready to vote now?12:08
* persia is still ready12:08
elky+1 from me12:08
persia+1 from me: good work with Loco, long history of translations12:09
amachu+1 from me too.. Plea update the wiki page to make understanding easier..12:09
amachuAgafonov1: you can also add you testimonials there..12:09
TheMuso+1 from me.12:10
Agafonov1amachu: ok12:10
persiaBasicXP: Congratulations!12:10
amachugreat! Welcome BasicXP !12:10
BasicXPThank you very much!12:10
BasicXPI really appreciate this.12:10
elkyWe appreciate your help.12:11
BasicXPYour welcome!12:11
persiaSorry it took so long: please do update your wiki page to make it easier for folks to understand what you do.12:11
amachupersia: though this is not in Agenda, I wasn't following closely the thread by Daniel Holbach on our extension..12:12
amachusaw you reply to that on nominations, what were they?12:12
persiaWe only had four, we need more.12:12
amachufour in the sense? I need to look at archives to understand that really...12:13
elkyamachu, are you going to run?12:15
amachuelky: nope.. but I wish the resposibility of Secretary to be taken up by some one else..12:16
amachuelky: but.. since I didn't follow that thread closely, I wanted to ask..12:17
BasicXPMay I leave now or there is something I should say/do first?12:17
elkyBasicXP, you're free to go.12:17
amachuBasicXP: you can.. nothing pending from your end, that to keep up your good work...12:17
BasicXPThank you very much once more! I'll keep improving. Good bye!12:18
elkyBut do make sure your wiki is improved before sunday when the next UWN will go out. Otherwise people won't know what you got approved for ;)12:18
BasicXPOkay sure, elky. Is there any place I can look up the IRC log?12:18
ubottuOfficial channel logs can be found at http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/ - For LoCo channels, http://logs.ubuntu-eu.org/freenode/12:18
elkythe first link ^^12:19
BasicXPThank you!12:19
* BasicXP is editing his Wiki page now.12:19
amachupersia: elky: TheMuso: Are we discussing something else, or shall we take it up in the list?12:21
persiaDo we have anything else to discuss?12:21
BasicXPJust how should I edit the wiki page?12:21
persiaAnyone who wants to remain on the board ought nominate themselves, or convince someone else to nominate them.12:21
TheMusoAfaik the discussion was about nominations. I don't intend to run for board membership again either.12:21
elkyI'm willing to run, I just kept forgetting to nominate myself12:22
amachuelky: me too..12:22
BasicXPShould I add another block like "Ubuntu Membership" or add information to the existing ones?12:22
amachubut I want some one else to take up the Secretary role :-)12:23
amachuTheMuso: Oh!12:23
elkyBasicXP, look at other people's profile wikis on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/AsiaOceania and fix your own up to be more like theirs.12:24
BasicXPThanks elky!12:24
elkyamachu, we'll sort out the secretary thing later.12:25
amachuelky: sure12:25
amachuif there isn't any thing else, we shall quit12:26
TheMusonothing from me12:26
amachuok.. thank you every one for participating..12:28
elkyamachu, you're nominated now :P12:28
amachubye bye..12:28
amachuelky: and you nominated?12:28
elkyamachu, i figured that's how you could thank me :)12:29
persiaheh :)12:29
* persia cancels a mail mid-composition12:29
amachuelky: thank you sooooooooooo much! ;-)12:29
amachubye all!12:29
BasicXPAnd one more question, may I?12:29
elkyBasicXP, sure.12:30
BasicXPIs there an amount of time when I should renew my membership?12:30
amachutwo years12:30
elkyBasicXP, you'll get a reminder from launchpad when it happens12:30
BasicXPOkay, so it will be around april 2012, right?12:30
BasicXPOkay got it. Thank you!12:31
BasicXPWill this be OK except for the testimonials: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BasicXP ?12:37
BasicXPelky: Is this OK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BasicXP ?12:40
persiaBasicXP: Extra points for finding a way to link to your wiki work, but yes.12:41
elkyBasicXP,  you could list the main applications you've translated, some links to wiki pages you translated. The problem is when people have to go find all this info. Be more verbose with your descriptions :)12:41
persiaYou may also want to link to your work in Answers.12:41
BasicXPOkay, let's see...12:42
BasicXPI put all the general kinks I knew, no exact ones on wikipedia12:58
BasicXP* wiki12:58
BasicXP* links *12:59
BasicXPWell I'm going now. Good bye!13:01
MootBotMeeting started at 07:01. The chair is NCommander.13:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]13:01
freeflyingpersia: sorry, just back13:01
persiaNCommander: It's 12:00 UTC.  Didn't you mean to start at 13:00?13:01
elkyfreeflying, that's ok, we managed13:01
persiafreeflying: Too late now :)13:01
* asac waves13:01
freeflyingelky: persia thx :)13:02
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/2010042713:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/2010042713:02
NCommanderwho's here?13:03
* persia points at https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-mobile/2010-April/002726.html extra hard to justify the answer "nobody"13:03
persiaY'all are starting too early.13:03
asacogra: plars: dyfet: GrueMaster: JamieBen1ett: ping13:03
asacgreat ;)13:03
persiaSo hang out quietly for an hour, and there will be a meeting.13:04
asacpersia: ?13:05
NCommanderwait, I'm an hour off?13:05
asacsorry for the mix up ;)13:05
persiaasac: It's 12:00 UTC.  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-mobile/2010-April/002726.html says 13:00 UTC.13:05
asacNCommander: yeah. we both are13:05
asacNCommander: so #endmeeting and lets meet again ;)13:05
* NCommander blinks13:05
MootBotMeeting finished at 07:05.13:05
persiaRIght then.13:05
plarsyeah, not time yet :)13:08
=== JamieBen1ett is now known as JamieBennett
MootBotMeeting started at 08:00. The chair is NCommander.14:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]14:00
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/2010042714:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/2010042714:00
* GrueMaster snorts14:00
* JamieBennett is here14:00
* NCommander beats people alive14:01
dyfetis alive14:01
NCommander[topic] dyfet to check update-manager sanity checks for ARM upgrades.14:01
MootBotNew Topic:  dyfet to check update-manager sanity checks for ARM upgrades.14:01
NCommander[topic] Action Item Reviews14:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Action Item Reviews14:01
NCommander[topic] dyfet to check update-manager sanity checks for ARM upgrades.14:01
MootBotNew Topic:  dyfet to check update-manager sanity checks for ARM upgrades.14:01
ograroll call first ?14:01
NCommanderok, whos' here?14:02
ograwould be nice to ping everyone :)14:02
asacnow i am here ;)14:02
dyfetWell, I was able to do a full upgrade from karmic to lucid on arm, no surprises happened14:02
NCommandereveryone: ping14:02
* NCommander runs14:02
ograasac, again eh ? :)14:02
* cooloney waves to everyone14:02
persiadyfet: Using update-manager?14:02
asacdyfet: that wasnt the idea i think14:02
NCommanderGrueMaster: JamieBennett, ericm|ubuntu ping?14:02
* GrueMaster already snorted14:03
asacdyfet: the idea was afaik to see if the checks for armv5/v6 are in place14:03
JamieBennettNCommander: I've already said I'm here ^ ;)14:03
dyfetthat I did not see...14:03
persiaasac: Oh, so one would fail-to-upgrade if it wasn't ARMv7a?14:03
ogradyfet, you should *not* be able to do an upgrade in case you have non v7 HW14:03
asacpersia: yes. thats the idea. refuse to upgrade rather than fail imo14:04
persiadyfet: Do you have non v7 hardware on which you can test this?14:04
asacpersia: code sanity check was the idea14:04
ograindeed your upgrade succeeds if you do it on v7 HW14:04
dyfetbut I can test in an old qemu...14:04
asacdyfet: ^^14:04
ograthe point was to do it on something karmic ran on but lucid wont run on14:04
asacat least as a start ... real live confirm: even better14:04
ograi.e. the older doves14:04
asacyes, thats right. but first step was to idenficy if those checks exist in code and if they are theoretically right :)14:05
ograand i'm very sure we dont have the check in place the question was what do we need to change in u-m14:05
ograso instead of an upgrade you should justz have looked at the code14:05
asacso i guess we can still SRU this ...even if its a bit late ;)14:05
dyfetogra: ah ;)14:05
ograasac, no idea, ask mvo14:05
asacNCommander: carry forward14:05
ograi'm sure he'll love us14:05
NCommander[topic] GrueMaster to determine what bugs that are good candidates to be fixed for lucid release14:05
MootBotNew Topic:  GrueMaster to determine what bugs that are good candidates to be fixed for lucid release14:05
ograGrueMaster, thanks for the list !14:06
GrueMasterEmail sent.  Some bugs fixed.14:06
asacNCommander: give dyfet the action to do verify that code has checks and that they are proper14:06
ograthe heavy ones aere fixed14:06
mvoogra, asac: sru is no problem, but you will need to help with the verification, I don't have anything like a arm14:06
asacmvo: right.14:06
NCommander[actopnm] dyfet to verify ARMv7 upgrade checks14:07
NCommander[action] dyfet to verify ARMv7 upgrade checks14:07
MootBotACTION received:  dyfet to verify ARMv7 upgrade checks14:07
* NCommander is really running blahhhhhhhhhhh14:07
asacok more actions ? ;)14:08
NCommander[topic] NCommander, GrueMaster, plars, ogra to test firefox on new images14:08
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander, GrueMaster, plars, ogra to test firefox on new images14:08
GrueMastertested ok.14:08
plarsdo we have the new one?14:09
JamieBennettscroll bar issues all resolved now?14:09
GrueMasterWell, asac's ppa release.14:09
plarsGrueMaster: it fixed the scroll bar issue?14:10
asacit did ... at least from me ;)14:10
asacfor me14:10
asacplease verify anyway on real image14:10
asacif its still in there we need to go back to zero ;)14:10
GrueMasterDid it get pushed into main?14:10
asac[ACTION] NCommander, plars, ogra to test firefox on new images14:10
asacGrueMaster: yes.14:10
=== ogra_ is now known as ogra
asacGrueMaster: should be all in normal archive14:11
* ogra grumbles14:11
GrueMasterThen it will get tested as part of the release testing.14:11
asacarent you doing release testing already?14:11
ograoh, i can test that right now ... one sec14:11
asacthought we shoud start testing before we cant fix anything anymore ;)14:11
GrueMasterI just woke up.14:11
NCommander[topic] NCommander to give debdiff to {ogra|asac} for fixing libgphoto FTBFS14:11
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to give debdiff to {ogra|asac} for fixing libgphoto FTBFS14:11
* persia suspects we already can't fix anything anymore, based on traffic in -testing14:12
NCommander[ACTION] NCommander, plars, ogra to test firefox on new image14:12
MootBotACTION received:  NCommander, plars, ogra to test firefox on new image14:12
asacNCommander: that action was done iirc?14:12
NCommanderasac: gphoto should be out of FTBFS and fixed14:12
ograuploaded and fixed14:12
NCommander[topic] NCommander to work with plars, GrueMaster and ericm on dove suspend/resume14:12
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to work with plars, GrueMaster and ericm on dove suspend/resume14:12
NCommanderDove suspend/resume works on X0 as far as I know14:12
plarsseems to be fixed in the latest release... I had one hiccup with it, but putting my uboot to current levels seemed to clear it up14:12
ograasac, i see no scrollbars on yahoo.de14:13
GrueMasterTested suspend/resume on dove both manually and with a script that repeats.  Both worked ok.  Only issue (known) is suspending with an SD card inserted fails.14:13
ograseems fine14:13
NCommander[topic] asac/ogra to fix -omap driver to check for /dev/fb0 too if /dev/fb isnt avail14:14
MootBotNew Topic:  asac/ogra to fix -omap driver to check for /dev/fb0 too if /dev/fb isnt avail14:14
GrueMasterThe SD card issue is not arch specific.14:14
ograNCommander, fixed14:14
NCommander[topic] persia and NCommander to remove evolution from ubuntu-netbook images14:14
MootBotNew Topic:  persia and NCommander to remove evolution from ubuntu-netbook images14:14
ericm|ubuntuGrueMaster, and also we don't have any appropriate fix in upstream so far14:14
GrueMasterericm|ubuntu: correct.14:15
persiaI figured out how to do that, but the release team pointed out that if this had been a release-critical bug, it would have been fixed long ago, and didn't accept the change.14:15
ograyeah, was to late14:15
ograand SRU doesnt work here14:15
GrueMasterPart of the problem is we didn't have the webmail client until RC.14:15
persiaogra: And thanks to you for helping the defence before the release team.14:15
asacGrueMaster: right.14:16
ograheh, didnt help much though14:16
asacproblem was that stevenk did this reseeding etc. as a side job14:16
asacso it slipped through14:16
ograyeah, lets blame him !14:16
asacof course14:16
GrueMasterworks for me.  :P14:16
asaci am surely not to blame :-P14:16
* persia really thinks folks should just do their own seed changes rather than poking other folks to do them.14:16
asacpersia: he had the meta seed responsibility this cycle14:17
NCommanderpersia: considering that its a pain to change the seeds then get something to merge them, sometimes its a LOT easier to get someone else to do it14:17
ograpersia, pfft, seeeds we can fix them after RC14:17
asacbesides from that he didnt have any stuff ;) ...14:17
persiaYes, my point is that assigning someone responsibility like that is an invitation to process failure.14:17
persiaNCommander: pain is relative.14:17
asaci dont buy this ... i think it was just an oversight14:17
ograwell, its over now ... lets stop whining14:17
asache was clearly aware that it was a replacement14:17
GrueMasterpersia: He was the designated seedling for mobile since I started.14:18
asacso all fine ... lets start moving14:18
asacalso changing seeds requires meta upload etc.14:18
asache was the best to do that14:18
asacas he did all the meta/seed changes etc ;)14:18
asacanyway. i take the blame ... just so its official14:18
NCommander[topic] asac and JamieBennett to take email client category discussion offline and report back14:18
MootBotNew Topic:  asac and JamieBennett to take email client category discussion offline and report back14:18
asacNCommander: scratch that14:19
asacno need to discuss further ;)14:19
JamieBennettnothing happened here but I think its personal preference14:19
NCommander[topic] Current Items14:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Current Items14:19
NCommander[link] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile.html14:19
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-mobile.html14:19
ogrageez !14:19
ograwe'Re deep red14:19
ogra(does anyone care at that point of release though)14:20
* ogra suspects we'll flush it anyway this week14:20
persiaThe todo stuff is mostly documentation, and needs doing badly14:20
NCommanderogra: we should always care14:20
plarsour line did much better than last cycle14:21
ogracheers to asac for great leadership !14:21
GrueMasterWe're good at doing documentation badly.  :P14:21
persiaGrueMaster: :p14:21
asacogra: there are a few itesm open14:22
asac(thanks ogra)14:22
asacwe definitly got a lot done14:22
asaccould have been more green ;)14:22
ografoundations-lucid-dropping-sun-java6 ... why is that on *our* list at all ?14:23
asacbut well. some specs were just off so its ok14:23
asacogra: persia owns it ;)? (thats out of my head)14:23
ograso its all persias fault that we'Re red !14:23
NCommander[topic] Kernel Status (cooloney, ericm)14:23
JamieBennettasac has a work item on that14:23
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Status (cooloney, ericm)14:23
JamieBennettogra: [asac] make plugin-finder aware of sun-java-plugin: TODO14:23
asacJamieBennett: i have? /me checks14:23
ograJamieBennett, aha14:24
asacJamieBennett: ah yeah. thats on my list for this week14:24
asace.g. plugin finder DB run ;)14:24
cooloneystatus of fsl-imx51 kernel:14:24
cooloneyFor the regulator issue bug ##567157, i cherry picked 4 patches from Freescale public git tree and added one more fixing patch.14:24
persiaasac: You have the plugin task: did you sort that?14:24
cooloneyThe testing kernel works fine, patches were sent out for furthur review now.14:24
asacpersia: read above (e.g. plugin finder DB run ;))14:25
cooloneyFor FEC driver ifdown issue bug #559065, i reworked on the patch which is v5 now. need more testing, please help me since my babbage board broke.14:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 559065 in linux-fsl-imx51 "ifconfig eth0 down will cause system hang after fec.c driver update" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/55906514:25
cooloneystill don't have chance to work on suspend/resume regression and usb issue,14:25
GrueMastercooloney: Please update the bug when you make a new test release.  It's the easiest way for us to communicate, since we are on different timezones.14:26
cooloneycause my board dead14:26
cooloneyGrueMaster: yeah, i updated already, i think.14:26
NCommander[topic] QA Status (GrueMaster, plars)14:27
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Status (GrueMaster, plars)14:27
ericm|ubuntufor dove, no more update except that I guess suspend/resume and hibernation/resume are all OK now14:28
=== doko_ is now known as doko
plarswe have new isos on the tracker, but they are respinning it seems14:28
ograomap needs SRU love for OTG and friends14:28
MootBotLINK received:  http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/ubuntuarm/all14:28
ogra1.5-2h ETA for new images14:28
plarsalso, looks like we got some good last minute fixes in for some of the netbook-launcher-efl bugs14:28
plarsso things like windows not having focus when they come up (very annoying) work now14:29
ograomap netbook looks really fine ... i just finished one install here14:29
plarsthanks to asac and whoever else made that happen14:29
ograrespinning doesnt mean we cant test btw14:29
plarsogra: right14:29
ograthe respin is for a plymouth bug thats a corner cases afaik14:29
asacplars: mterry did the cherry pick fix14:30
persiaIndeed, but we need to *also* test post-respin images.14:30
asaci investigated too, but then he had a fix :)14:30
plarsogra: in fact, omap needs to be tested even though it's not on the tracker... too late to bother adding it now, and at the time, images were in too much churn to think about adding it14:30
ograplars, i'm caring, dont worry14:30
plarsogra: as will I14:30
persiaNote though: "no arch-specific problems that turn up there are going to result in new uploads..." from a release manager, so you'd have to find something fairly critical to get *another* respin.14:30
asacactually it seems that efl doesnt do any timestamping at all on windows, so enlightment desktop must be a bloody mess focus wise ;)14:30
ograindeed, if anyone has spare cycles for omap, feel free :)14:30
persiaasac: Works nice with focus-follows-mouse :)14:31
ograpersia, bug 390677 could be one14:31
ubottuLaunchpad bug 390677 in hundredpapercuts "Hidden line during install wizard" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/39067714:31
asacpersia: yeah. now that you say it, I see why its like that :)14:31
persiaogra: Dunno: that's an *old* bug.14:32
ograpersia, just showed up on pittis and my installs14:32
persiaHrm.  And probably more so at 1024x600, but it's *not* arch-specific, which makes it more likely to land.14:34
ograpersia, omap has 1280x720 and i see it too14:34
ograi thik its a translation isse since i dont see it in english installs14:34
ogra(and the font has the same size and there are no extra lines in _de)14:35
NCommanderanything else on this topic14:36
persiaMy point was about arch-specific stuff.  Non-arch-specific critical stuff is obviously open for consideration (depending on tester time, etc.)14:37
asacanyone take the action to talk to ubiquity falks?14:37
* ogra just commented on the bug14:37
asacto see what is planned to make this more suitable for small screens?14:37
ograand i guess cjwatson and ev are getting bugmail for it14:37
asacactually i thought we had such an effort in the past ... might just need a mental refresh14:37
ograi really dont think its a small screen issue14:37
ograthere are not more lines in the german translated screen i dont see how it could move offscreen14:38
asachmm. not sure14:38
asacdo you have a screen with german?14:39
ograno, pitti has added one to the bug14:39
MootBotLINK received:  http://launchpadlibrarian.net/45702650/ubiquity-hide-encryptedhome.png14:39
ograthe last line is missing there14:39
asacogra: sure that the free text fields are not just one line in english?14:39
asaclike "... machen."14:39
ograhmm, i dont have the linewraps in omap14:39
asacmaybe that breaks line in gereman?14:40
ograyeah it des in his screenshot14:40
ograit doesnt in the only-ubiquity mode omap uses though14:40
ograthe window appears to be bigger14:40
asacogra: but oyu still have a cut of line there?14:40
persiaIt is, kinda, because of a lack of decoration14:40
ograasac, yep14:40
ograthere is decoration14:41
ograbut no desktop around it14:41
ograi.e. no panels etc14:41
ograNCommander, move14:42
asaclets wait on input from the installer gurus14:42
asacdefinitly not armel only ;)14:42
NCommander[topic] ARM Application status (JamieBennett, dyfet)14:42
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Application status (JamieBennett, dyfet)14:42
JamieBennettNothing much to report there14:42
ogra130 FTBFS14:42
ograin universe14:42
ograthere seem to have been a mass give-back on the 18th14:43
ograbut didnt clean up much apparently14:43
persiaAlmost nothing, given the previous mass-giveback on the 14th (lamont and I failed to communicate)14:43
ogramain is clean though14:43
persiaWe cleared a few misc things later, but only a few, and a good chunk of that was all-arch FTBFS stuff.14:43
asacok so plenty of stuff for maverick to fix in universe ;)14:43
asachopefully we can tap the community better now that we have omap images14:44
persiaOh, yeah.  Some stuff isn't even Thumb2-safe yet.14:44
asacin univeres? yes.14:44
asacgauche is an easy fix if it wasnt such a retarted pain to change the build system14:44
ograwe should convince canonical to send out 50 beagles to the community :)14:44
asacthey had the great idea to remove all makefile.am files14:45
asacfrom source14:45
asacnot all ... but most :(14:45
asacnot sure what folks are thinking sometimes14:45
NCommanderasac: WTF ....14:45
asaci had seen that a few year ago elsewhere14:45
persiahaskell is really the only universe code-generator that got ported.  fpc *should* be ported, except for some confusion between those who have done the port and those who can upload the results.14:45
asacreally hoped it was a one timer :(14:45
ograjust moan at upstream and be done ?14:46
ogralet them fix it :)14:46
asacthe build system? or fpc?14:46
asacyes. so we should be better communicating14:46
ograthe build system14:46
asacwe could also file upstream bugs for the porting issues and point them to our website and instructiouns how to use qemu etc.14:47
persiaasac: fpc is done: just waits for someone to upload the known working binaries.14:47
asacfor thumb2 in unvierse i mean14:47
plarswe've certainly come a long way from the 800+ftbfs that used to exist14:48
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~plars/dashboard.html14:48
persiaI believe haskell and fpc to be Thumb2 safe.  I'm unsure about stuff like eiffel, gdc, parrot, etc.14:48
plarshas a small graph that is neat14:48
ograheh, i thought it was a distortion first :)14:49
asacdo we have a ftbfs graph somewhere?14:49
NCommander[topic] ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:49
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:49
persiaplars: How do you calculate uninstallable packages?  I can find *heaps* of them.14:49
asacmaybe the ubuntuwire folks genearte something like that?14:49
persiaplars: Seems to be 373 in armel for me today.14:50
plarspersia: could be it's looking in the wrong place14:50
ograasac, http://people.canonical.com/~plars/dashboard.html has it behind "build failures"14:50
plarshttp://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/testing-ports/lucid_probs.html lists nothing for armel14:50
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/testing-ports/lucid_probs.html lists nothing for armel14:50
persiaplars: That only checks main14:50
asacogra: thats not a whole cycle graph i would love ;)14:50
ograasac, indeed14:51
asacof course guess its not available ... so we dont have it ;)14:51
ograright, we dont14:51
asacjust wondered if ubuntuwire gnerates something like that already14:51
persiaCould though, if someone has code ...14:51
plarspersia: if you have a better location to pull that information from, I can replace it14:51
asactoo late for get the lucid picture ;)14:51
ograwe could draw one :)14:51
asacyeah. so overall we are in pretty good shape imo14:52
asacwell done everyone14:52
ograNCommander, move ?14:52
persiaplars: You'd have to run the generator against the whole archive.  I tend to count with `apt-cache unmet -i | grep ^Package | wc -l`14:53
NCommander[topic] ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:53
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:53
asacNCommander: you repeat youreself ;)14:53
* NCommander is lagging increadibly badly14:53
ogra*twiddle* *twiddle*14:54
asacNCommander: move forward ;)14:54
* NCommander beats asac14:54
ogra*twiddle* *twiddle*14:54
NCommander[topic] Any Other Business14:54
MootBotNew Topic:  Any Other Business14:54
ograyou skipped one :P14:54
* ogra cleans the coffee from his kdb14:54
persiaSo, the images are being respun, and we should have fresh ones soon.  They are expected to work for all three flavours for imx51 and dove, but there's other issues with USB and omap.14:55
ograimage staus is fine overall14:55
ograpersia, ??14:55
ograwhats the issue ?14:55
ograUSB works fine here14:55
NCommanderasac told me to move forward14:56
ograNCommander, you skipped image status14:56
NCommander[topic] ARM Image Status (ogra, persia)14:56
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Image Status (ogra, persia)14:56
ograyou should move one step at a time ... else you'll stumble14:56
persiaogra: Ah.  I thought you said there was a USB-related SRU for omap.  Could be a data collection mistake on my part.14:56
ograpersia, we dont have OTG drivers14:56
persiaAh, that's it.14:56
ograbecause nobody has the HW to actually test OTG14:56
persiaWhat?  What HW does one need?14:57
ograso amit pulled them out before release14:57
GrueMasterNo one asked me.14:57
ograpersia, something you need to solder one pin on the ground for14:57
persiaOh, HW issues.14:57
ograGrueMaster, you claimed you wouldnt test omap because its your own board and not from the company14:57
ograso i didnt hesitate to ask14:57
GrueMasterogra: I NEVER said any such thing.14:58
NCommanderogra: no, he said it was his board to keep, not that he was against testing14:58
asacok i have to run to a call ... my comments on AOB: i wanted to say kudos to all for this great cycle ... was fun for me and hope for others too. And I think we did a great job in various areas (also not technical areas)14:58
ograpersia, its a special OTG cable14:58
GrueMasterogra: I have OTG cables.14:58
persiaOh, I have heaps of those.  Anyone want several at UDS?14:58
asacif you have comments on my part this cycle feel free to shoot me an email. i am happy to get constructive critique after all14:59
ograpersia, yes, one for me please14:59
* NCommander will take one14:59
persiaogra: Sure.14:59
NCommander[topic] AOB14:59
asacalso please look at launchpad.net/ubuntu-arm and subscribe to sessions you are interested in14:59
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB14:59
ograanyway, we dont have drivers now14:59
* ogra has an AOB topic14:59
* persia will bring 5 and y'all can fight over them then14:59
asacmight be that you end up with owning a spec as we lack assignees somewhat14:59
ograsomeone has created  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/LucidReleaseNotes14:59
ograwhat do we do with it ?14:59
NCommanderpersia: cable deathfight?15:00
asacogra: lets take an action to flesh out final release notes15:00
asacme and you and plars maybe15:00
NCommander[action] asac and ogra to flesh out release nots15:00
MootBotACTION received:  asac and ogra to flesh out release nots15:00
persiaogra: Add arch-specific notes, and reference the main release notes.  Stuff that comes to mind is: weboffice/webmail, efl, funny installer issues, etc.15:00
ograasac, oki15:00
plarsyeah, certainly some stuff around omap install that needs to go on there15:01
persiaOh, and someone should mention *not* to use Kubuntu Netbook with < 512MB RAM or > 1G RAM and expect it not to have horrid performance on first boot.15:01
* asac out15:01
GrueMasterAlso of note that fspot crashes.15:01
asac(mono in general)15:01
NCommanderpersia: > 1 GiB?15:01
persiaNCommander: starts nepomuk with > 1GB15:02
NCommanderpersia: ow15:02
persiaWhich pounds I/O, which kills slower processes with USB storage.15:02
NCommanderaanything else?15:03
MootBotMeeting finished at 09:04.15:04
NCommanderThat's all folks15:04
* abogani hope to have an Beagle (omap) board under his finger sooner or later...15:06
ograabogani, cool !15:07
* persia looks forward to linux-ti-omap-rt15:07
aboganiogra: Indeed I never worked with "big" Cortex-A8 but only with little Cortex-M3 :-(15:08
ograwell, its all ARM after all :)15:09
ograand the beagle has a supported installation now15:09
stgraberogra: btw, I should have two beagle boards on my desk by the time I get back to Canada ;)15:09
ograstgraber, time to get LTSP rolling on the beagle :)15:10
aboganiogra: That sounds really interesting but...15:10
stgraberogra: hehe :)15:10
aboganiogra: AFAIK Beagle don't have a NIC...15:10
ograabogani, yet :)15:11
aboganiogra: Or I have missed something? ;-)15:11
ograno, you are right15:11
persiaHas USB, and there exist USB NICs.15:11
ograbut you can get LTSP kernel and initrd into the NAND with an easy script15:11
persiaAnyway, offtopic.  Y'all should go to #ubuntu-arm15:11
* persia peers about.16:00
persiacody-somerville: You ready?16:00
* ara waves16:00
* stgraber waves16:00
* JamieBen1ett waves too16:00
=== JamieBen1ett is now known as JamieBennett
* Sylvestre idem16:01
* lfaraone semi-waves. 16:01
* rodrigo_ waves too16:01
stgraberseems like we have a lot on the agenda today16:01
* smoser says hello16:02
* persia encourages the chair to start the meeting in the hopes we can finish in an hour16:04
cody-somervilleRight, I forgot I agreed to that.16:04
MootBotMeeting started at 10:04. The chair is cody-somerville.16:04
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:04
cody-somerville[TOPIC] Review of previous action items16:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Review of previous action items16:05
cody-somervillepersia, Have you contacted Angel?16:05
cody-somervillepersia, Did you make documentation on application notice clearer?16:05
persiaI've sent some IRC messages without response, and still have no response from my email.  I'd like to drop this as an action, although I'll hope to catch him another time.16:06
cody-somervillepersia, ACK16:06
persiaI tried: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/ApplicationProcess16:06
persiaThis mostly involved minor rewording, and adding a separate bullet point to indicate the two things that needed doing.16:06
cody-somerville[AGREED] Dropping action for Persia to contact Angel, he will hope to catch him another time time though.16:07
MootBotAGREED received:  Dropping action for Persia to contact Angel, he will hope to catch him another time time though.16:07
cody-somervillepersia, Do you have intentions to work on it further or shall we close out this action item as well?16:08
persiaI'll work on it further if people think it's still unclear.  Without feedback, I'll leave it alone.16:08
=== unimix_ is now known as unimix|work
cody-somerville[AGREED] Persia will work on DMB Application Process page further if people think it's still unclear. Without feedback, he'll leave it alone.16:09
MootBotAGREED received:  Persia will work on DMB Application Process page further if people think it's still unclear. Without feedback, he'll leave it alone.16:09
cody-somervilleGeser isn't here but since Sylvestre is on the agenda it appears he completed his action item.16:09
cody-somerville[TOPIC] Administrative Matters16:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Administrative Matters16:09
cody-somerville1. Accept responsibility for UbuntuDevelopers/TeamDelegation16:10
cody-somerville[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopers/TeamDelegation16:10
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopers/TeamDelegation16:10
persiaSo, the TB hasn't published minutes yet, but from http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/04/20/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t15:26 I believe they have ageed to delegate to us.16:10
persiaAnyone opposed to that, or shall I update https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopers/TeamDelegation ?16:10
stgraberI'm fine with that16:11
cody-somervilleNo objections here16:12
persiasoren: ?16:13
persiacjwatson: ?16:13
persianixternal: ?16:13
sorenNo, please go ahead.16:13
* persia edits16:13
* geser waves16:13
cjwatson(sorry, I'm only about half here)16:13
cody-somerville[ACTION] Persia to update UbuntuDevelopers/TeamDelegation to reflect DMB's responsibilities in process16:14
MootBotACTION received:  Persia to update UbuntuDevelopers/TeamDelegation to reflect DMB's responsibilities in process16:14
cody-somerville2. Finalise application for Leann Ogasawara16:14
persiaSo, we've two choices here: 1) create the kernel-uploaders team, and add ogasawara to it, or grant PPU like we said we would a month ago.16:15
persiacjwatson: Unfortunately, I believe both the choice and implementation are up to you, due to the LP bug16:15
cody-somervilleWasn't it agreed via ML we should create a kernel-uploaders team?16:17
persiaI requested such a team, but as long as we're stuck with the current implementation, I figure it makes sense to simply workflow for the person who is implementing it.16:17
stgraberpersia: and having that team managed by the DMB correct ? (so simply using it as a way to simplify assigin the same PPU to a group of people)16:19
persiastgraber: That was indeed my request.16:19
cjwatsonI thought I'd adjusted ogasawara's permissions already.16:19
geserjust of interest: how many person have PPU upload permissions for the kernel?16:20
cjwatsonthe current workflow doesn't particularly cause me any problems, so if that's the only concern then I suggest status quo16:20
cjwatsongeser: three or four16:20
persiacjwatson: She doesn't appear to be in ~ubuntu-dev which is likely the source of my confusion.16:20
cjwatsonoh, I suppose I should fix that16:20
cjwatsonshe should have voting rights16:21
persiageser: The set of PPU folk *should* match https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-dev/+members16:21
cjwatsonso I guess a new team would reduce human error here16:21
cjwatsonI'll create the team.  action me16:21
cjwatsonanyway, we did already grant PPU in the other ways that count.16:22
cody-somerville[ACTION cjwatson to create kernel-uploaders team owned by the DMB that will provide upload permissions to kernel packages.16:22
sorenpersia: He asked specifically for the kernel uploaders.16:22
cody-somerville[ACTION] cjwatson to create kernel-uploaders team owned by the DMB that will provide upload permissions to kernel packages.16:22
MootBotACTION received:  cjwatson to create kernel-uploaders team owned by the DMB that will provide upload permissions to kernel packages.16:22
cody-somerville3. Schedule of next meeting (held at UDS?)16:22
persiaOh, kenel is apw, smb, ogasawara16:22
sorenrtg is core-dev?16:22
persiaDo we want to hold a meeting on the 11th?16:22
persiasoren: As far as I can tell, yes.16:23
sorenpersia: Apparantly so.16:23
sorenpersia: I just thought he was in the same boat.16:23
cjwatson(I'll call the team ubuntu-kernel-uploaders, not kernel-uploaders, I think.  I'll check with the kernel team since many of them are in the office here)16:23
persiacjwatson: That seems sensible.16:24
* soren seconds that16:24
sorenOh, s/seconds/thirds/16:24
* soren was slow16:24
persiasoren: You might ask if he wants/needs core-dev: perhaps membership in this team is sufficient.16:24
sorenI'm not particularly interested in singling him out. If we'll be doing something like that I think we should do it more wholesale.16:24
persiasoren: Ask all the core-dev?  Let's wait until we have teams for all the currently defined packagesets first :)16:25
persiaAnyway, moving on...16:25
sorenpersia: I didn't suggest doing it now. Actually, I intended to do quite the opposite :)16:25
cody-somervillesoren, back to the schedule of the next meeting... do folks want to hold the next one at UDS?16:25
cody-somervillestupid auto complete16:25
gesereven if rtg wants to stay core-dev, he should be added to the ubuntu-kernel-uploaders team16:25
cjwatsonyes, I shall do that16:26
* persia is OK with having the meeting during UDS, but wanted to make sure folks were aware and confirmed.16:26
cjwatsonfine by me16:26
sorenWho will not be at UDS?16:26
cody-somervilleIs everyone on the board going to UDS?16:26
persia+1 for rtg *also* being in ubuntu-kernel-uploaders16:26
* geser isn't at UDS16:26
sorengeser: Are you coming?16:26
sorennixternal: ?16:26
sorenHe's not listed on Launchpad as attending.16:27
soren(nixternal that is)16:27
persiaAny meeting would have to be on IRC regardless of attendance, due to candidates anyway.16:27
sorenpersia: Oh, true.16:28
* stgraber will be there16:28
cody-somervilleShould we schedule a session?16:28
persiaJust to block the time?  Couldn't hurt.16:28
geserwon't the DMB meeting time collision with any session?16:28
cody-somervillegeser, not if we schedule it16:28
stgraberI guess the main point is to make sure we don't have another session at the same time, so having some kind of DMB session there would make sense16:28
sorencjwatson: Do you have scheduling powers?16:29
persiaand marking ourselves "participation essential"16:29
cjwatsonsoren: yes16:29
cjwatsonI think so anyway.  I'm supposed to be scheduling the foundations track16:29
sorenHeh, ok :)16:29
cody-somervillecjwatson, will accept an action to schedule it?16:29
cody-somerville*will you16:29
sorencjwatson: In that case, it would seem most obvious to have you..16:30
sorenright, what cody-somerville said.16:30
cody-somerville[ACTION] cjwatson to schedule session at UDS for DMB meeting16:30
MootBotACTION received:  cjwatson to schedule session at UDS for DMB meeting16:30
cody-somerville[TOPIC] PerPackageUploader  Applications16:30
MootBotNew Topic:  PerPackageUploader  Applications16:30
cody-somerville1. Alessio Igor Bogani16:30
cody-somerville[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlessioIgorBogani/linux-rtPPUApplication16:31
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlessioIgorBogani/linux-rtPPUApplication16:31
cody-somervilleabogani, Please introduce yourself, explain what you're requesting, and why16:32
aboganiSorry for my very (bad) English and for my slowness in typing.16:32
geserhttp://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/04/11/%23ubuntu-motu.html#t17:31 points to a short discussion between me and abogani about this application16:32
MootBotLINK received:  http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/04/11/%23ubuntu-motu.html#t17:31 points to a short discussion between me and abogani about this application16:32
aboganiI'm always in trouble for difficult to find an uploader. For instance TheMuso sometimes is simply too busy, some other MOTU-ers don't have (or don't want) take care of linux realtime kernel. So although I have already a couple of SRU (in the past) I never have a change to do an upgrade to linux-rt package after the release. :-(16:32
aboganiSRU with kernel I meant.16:32
aboganiSo kernel realtime quality si very low.16:33
aboganiRecently seems that my usual uploader don't want upload my work (on linux-rt) anymore without say me the reason. So I have also requeste to him sponsor for my application and he answer to my request with  "I would, but I haven't seen any of your recent work, so I don't feel I am in a position to comment."16:33
aboganiSo without an uploader I'm still doing my work in my PPA (https://launchpad.net/~abogani/+archive/ppa).16:33
aboganiAnd I'm still triage bugs.16:34
=== asac_ is now known as asac
persiaabogani: Your application differs from most we receive in that it has no endorsements.  Could you share some of your experiences in seeking endorsements?16:34
aboganipersia: i have requested it to -motu, -devel and -kernel. But not one seems trust to me.16:35
cody-somervilleabogani, It sounds like you're in a tough situation due to folks not having time or interest to review your changes to a package that most developers probably don't even feel comfortable touching themselves.16:36
cody-somervilleabogani, What sort of changes do you make?16:36
aboganicody-somerville: Keep in line with Upstream.16:37
sorengeser: Would you agree that if TheMuso's words actually were "I would, but I haven't seen any of your recent work, so I don't feel I am in a position to comment." rather than (as abogani said in that IRC log) that TheMuso specifically didn't trust his packaging skills, that's a different story?16:37
* soren gets the impression the language barrier got in the way of that previous discussion.16:38
gesersoren: I didn't talk with TheMuso about it (didn't think of it)16:38
sorengeser: I probably woulnd't have either.16:39
geserI saw that abogani's application didn't have any endorsements and wanted to try to find possible candidates16:39
aboganiI would want let you notice that I take care of this package for *7* Ubuntu release. What you can see into that package is made only be me. So you can touch my work with your hands. I only want don't see linux-rt package die (in more than threes years seems that I'm the only one Ubuntu developer interested in this field).16:40
* soren certainly remembers a long time dedication from abogani's side16:40
sorenabogani: I'm curious... How big is the delta between the rt kernel and the regular kernel these days?16:41
persiaI'll say that I worked with abogani on this package in either gutsy or hardy (I forget which) to support that.  I've not seen his work since prior to the application review, so am not in a strong position to comment on the application directly.16:41
geserabogani: do you how much your PPA is used?16:42
aboganisoren: 100-300Kb16:42
lfaraoneabogani: I think he means how many people use it.16:42
sorenabogani: Are they converging at all?16:42
sorenlfaraone: No, no, I did mean in terms of patch size.16:43
aboganigeser: I don't have idea. No way to measure but I fix three bugs at least16:43
aboganisoren: Sorry I don't understand.16:43
geserabogani: do users contact you about bugs/problems/suggestions/etc.?16:44
aboganigeser: I suggest users to try kernel into my PPA to know if these fix bugs (# 540960 , #523319  and Bug #499033 )16:45
ubottuLaunchpad bug 499033 in linux-rt "BUG: scheduling while atomic" [Low,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49903316:45
aboganigeser: No they only request me a kernel that always works! ;-)16:45
cody-somervilleIt looks like Luke makes the most uploads to the -rt kernel. abogani Do you work closely with TheMuso?16:46
sorenabogani: Is the delta size expected to be smaller in the future? Are the patches being put into the regular kernel or are the blocked by something?16:46
aboganicody-somerville: Since Intrepid.16:46
cody-somervilleabogani, but he doesn't feel comfortable endorsing you?16:46
aboganisoren: Upstream (Ingo and Gleixner) hope to merge completely soon16:47
sorenabogani: That's great news!16:47
aboganicody-somerville: I don't know. He refuse to let me know the reason.16:47
cody-somervilleVery well. I'm ready to vote.16:48
=== ogasawara_ is now known as ogasawara
cody-somervillesoren, persia, geser, cjwatson, nixternal: ?16:50
* persia is fine to vote16:50
* stgraber too16:50
* geser has no questions anymore16:50
aboganisoren: Recently They have merges spleeping spinlocks.16:50
sorenabogani: Oh, wow.16:52
aboganiFor who those are interested a simple review of kernels in Ubuntu: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/RealTimeKernel16:52
aboganimade by Scott Lavander and with few fixes by me.16:53
cody-somerville[VOTE] Alessio Igor Bogani's application for upload rights for linux-rt and rt-tests packages.16:53
MootBotPlease vote on:  Alessio Igor Bogani's application for upload rights for linux-rt and rt-tests packages..16:53
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot16:53
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting16:53
cody-somerville-1 due to missing endorsement from primary uploader of packages TheMuso.16:54
MootBot-1 received from cody-somerville. 0 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -116:54
persia+1 : I'm not particularly happy about a lack of endorsements, and would like to see closer integration with the other kernels in various ways, but I don't think anyone else is going to maintain this package based on history.16:54
MootBot+1 received from persia. 1 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 016:54
stgraber+0 due to a lack of endorsement16:55
MootBotAbstention received from stgraber. 1 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 016:55
cjwatson+0 - sounds to me like the lack of endorsements is because nobody else is properly keeping up here, but I'm uncomfortable with the lack of endorsement.  Perhaps somebody else can follow up with TheMuso and chase this16:55
MootBotAbstention received from cjwatson. 1 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 016:55
MootBotAbstention received from geser. 1 for, 1 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 016:56
cody-somervilleabogani, I'm happy to change my -1 to a +1 if you can get an endorsement from TheMuso.16:56
* geser too16:56
* stgraber too16:56
soren+1  abogani has a long history of working in this area, he's clearly motivated to maintain it, and the lack of endorsements seems like a unfortunate combination of misunderstanding and the fact that when you only work on one package, you can be a bit stuck this way.16:56
MootBot+1 received from soren. 2 for, 1 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 116:56
cody-somervilleabogani, I'm sympathetic to the fact that not many people are interested in this package and thus interested in sponsoring you.16:56
* imbrandon offers to sponsor uploads for abogani too16:57
cjwatsonI think the DMB should take action to chase this up with potential endorsers and find out what's going on.16:58
sorenI agree.16:58
cjwatsonand do it that way rather than simply pushing it through16:58
cjwatsontry [ENDVOTE]16:58
MootBotFinal result is 2 for, 1 against. 3 abstained. Total: 116:58
aboganicody-somerville: I suspect that people discover that they are interested in it only whan package disappeared.16:59
SylvestreAs a Scilab developer and getting some regular feedbacks about RT applications and kernel, there are not enough packager in this field16:59
cjwatsonwill somebody volunteer to take this action?17:00
=== ara_ is now known as ara
* persia will chat with TheMuso17:01
=== ara is now known as Guest4805
sorenI need to head to dinner soon. Can I record votes for later somehow?17:03
=== Guest4805 is now known as ara
sorenBy "soon" I mean "three minutes ago" :-/17:03
persiasoren: /query the chair if you're certain about some of the results.17:03
* nixternal is here now17:03
* stgraber has to leave soon too (as in 5-10 min)17:03
cody-somerville[ACTION] Soren to follow up with TheMuso re: abogani's application17:04
MootBotACTION received:  Soren to follow up with TheMuso re: abogani's application17:04
cody-somerville2. Ara Pulido17:05
cody-somerville[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AraPulido/PerPackageUploadApplication17:05
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AraPulido/PerPackageUploadApplication17:05
sorenWait, what?17:05
stgrabercody-somerville: wasn't that persia's action ?17:05
soren16:01  * persia will chat with TheMuso17:05
persiasoren: I'll pretend to be you :)17:06
cody-somerville[ACTION] Persia to follow up with TheMuso re: abogani's application17:06
MootBotACTION received:  Persia to follow up with TheMuso re: abogani's application17:06
sorenpersia: Rock :)17:06
cody-somervilleara, ping17:06
aracody-somerville, hey17:07
araI was waiting for the discussions on action ownership to end17:07
arado I introduce myself?17:07
geseryes please17:08
araI am Ara Pulido, part of the Ubuntu QA team17:08
araI am the main developer of Mago (http://mago.ubuntu.com) a automated desktop testing framework, who is built on top of LDTP (ldtp.freedesktop.org)17:08
araI have been working very closely with Debian maintainer of LDTP and also upstream and, lately, most of the LDTP uploads were done by me (thanks to kind sponsors).17:08
araAlso, I uploaded mago for the first time to Ubuntu17:09
araAs per ubuntu-qa-tools, there were a set of scripts developed by the QA team, and I thought it was worth it to package them and upload them to Ubuntu. I based my work on ubuntu-dev-tools package.17:09
araThus, I am applying for upload rights for those three packages17:09
cody-somervilleYou have some great endorsements.17:10
persiaara: In your application you say that we've done poorly in building a strong testing community: how do you think this is best addressed?17:10
arapersia, well, not poorly, we've been doing better than other communities, but there is a lot of room for improvements17:10
arawe need to build culture around testing17:11
persiaOK.  Less well than with bugsquad then :)  Still, same question.  How?17:11
araI think a key thing is that developers need to understand how important testers are for them and their work17:12
araI would love to see a developer from the different teams rotating to attend the QA meeting on IRC, i.e.17:12
arathat would build a bridge between testers and devs17:12
cody-somervilleara, You only have 11 uploads. How often do you need yo upload these packages? Any more than others? Are you the primary maintainer or just a casual contributor?17:12
aracody-somerville, ldtp has a very active upstream release process17:13
stgrabercody-somerville: I'm affraid I have to leave now, please record a +1 for ara. Great endorsements + I have been working with her on some QA tools (including the ISO tracker) and have been reviewing some of her code for that with it being usually perfect.17:13
aracody-somerville, you will see much more uploads  on that package17:13
stgrabersee you all at UDS for the next meeting17:13
arastgraber, thanks!17:14
aracody-somerville, but I would like to upload more often mago and ubuntu-qa-tools in the next cycles17:14
aracody-somerville, I could say that I am the main maintainer for those three packages17:14
cody-somerville11 uploads doesn't seem correct. according to ldtp changelog, you have quite a lot of uploads17:15
cody-somervilleAnyhow, I'm ready to vote.17:16
aracody-somerville, yes, when using distributed development, I often see the sponsor as the uploader in Launchpad17:16
aracody-somerville, I don't know why...17:16
cody-somervillecjwatson, persia, geser: Ready to vote?17:16
* nixternal is has no questions17:17
persiaara: How closely do you end up working with kartik?17:17
cody-somervillenixternal, ah, I forgot you showed up17:17
nixternalyou better never ever forget again :p17:17
gesercody-somerville: ready17:18
arapersia, at the beginning we were working pretty close, and he put me as co-maintainer of the debian package. He has been feeling a bit left out lately, though, but I already told him that we will be working again closely17:18
* persia is ready17:18
arapersia, see here his complaint and my reply:17:19
MootBotLINK received:  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/ldtp-dev/2010-April/000999.html17:19
cody-somerville[VOTE] Ara Pulido for upload rights for packages ldtp, mago and ubuntu-qa-tools.17:21
MootBotPlease vote on:  Ara Pulido for upload rights for packages ldtp, mago and ubuntu-qa-tools..17:21
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:21
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:21
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:21
MootBot+1 received from cody-somerville. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:21
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:21
cody-somerville+1 from Soren and stgraber17:21
persia+1 Nice history of work on the packages.17:21
MootBot+1 received from persia. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:21
cody-somervillecjwatson, ^17:22
cjwatsonoh, sorry17:22
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 517:22
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 517:22
nixternalcongrats and welcome ara \o/17:22
rodrigo_congrats ara!17:23
* persia believes there's another meeting at 16:30, but may be mistaken17:23
cody-somerville[ACTION] cjwatson, on behalf of DMB, to grant Ara Pulido upload rights for packages ldtp, mago and ubuntu-qa-tools.17:23
MootBotACTION received:  cjwatson, on behalf of DMB, to grant Ara Pulido upload rights for packages ldtp, mago and ubuntu-qa-tools.17:23
geserpersia: isn't it 17:30?17:24
persiaCould me.  Like I said, I might be mistaken.17:24
* nixternal has to let the dog out...bbi517:24
cody-somervilleI see the Desktop Team Meeting in 6 minutes.17:24
geserpersia: 16:30 has the desktop team a meeting but not here and the next meeting here is at 17:0017:25
persiaOK.  Let's move on then.17:25
cody-somerville3. Rodrigo Moya17:25
cody-somerville[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RodrigoMoya/PerPackageUploadApplication17:26
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RodrigoMoya/PerPackageUploadApplication17:26
rodrigo_I am part of the online services team at canonical, working on desktop integration of Ubuntu One17:26
rodrigo_I am upstream of the packages I ask permissions for, except for Tomboy, which I don't maintain, but I've been working closely with upstream for the tomboy notes synchronization protocol used by Ubuntu One and snowy (free notes sync service)17:27
rodrigo_so I'm asking for upload rights for couchdb-glib, evolution-couchdb, libubuntuone, rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store, tomboy, ubuntuone-client17:27
geserhow much packaging is done upstream (you) and how much by your sponsor for those packages?17:28
rodrigo_except for libubuntuone and rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store, which was entirely done this cycle by kenvandine, I (and the team I work for) do all the packaging17:29
rodrigo_and for libubuntuone and rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store, we dind't do the packaging this cycle because we were very busy17:29
rodrigo_so kenvandine did help us17:29
rodrigo_but I plan to do the packaging from now on myself17:29
cody-somervillerodrigo_, It appears you've never had any changes sponsored for rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store, libubuntuone, or ubuntuone.17:30
persiarodrigo_: Grepping changelogs, I don't see any uploads or credited contributions from you for several of the referenced packages.  Are you part of upstream on some of them?17:30
rodrigo_cody-somerville, as I said, we didn't do any packaging for rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store, libubuntuone this cycle17:30
* lfaraone has to go. Can I be processed by email, or should I move to the next agenda?17:30
rodrigo_as for ubuntuone-client, it's done by a member of my team usually17:30
rodrigo_but I'm taking the maintainership for next cycle17:30
rodrigo_persia, I am upstream on all of them, except for tomboy17:31
cody-somervillerodrigo_, Who usually sponsors your couchdb-glib uploads?17:31
rodrigo_cody-somerville, kenvandine17:31
geserlfaraone: we will mail you once we now what we do with the applications which we don't manage to process today17:31
rodrigo_cody-somerville, part of the reason for applying is removing lots of workload from kenvasndine17:32
lfaraonegeser: thanks.17:32
cody-somervillerodrigo_, Tomboy?17:32
rodrigo_he's been doing the packages when we didn't have time, as I said for this cycle17:32
rodrigo_cody-somerville, dholbach and pitti, iirc17:32
cody-somervilleOkay, I'm ready to vote. (We'll be voting on each package individually).17:33
rodrigo_for tomboy, I didn't have to send any patch/change in the last cycle, because all development was done upstream17:33
rodrigo_and because the protocol is now stable, but we plan to add some new things to the protocol17:34
rodrigo_so the package would need changes during maverick devel process17:34
cody-somervillerodrigo_, Its nice that you contribute upstream but for package upload rights I'm more interested in seeing a demonstrated proficiency and understanding of Debian packaging, particular in relationship to the packages being applied for.17:35
rodrigo_cody-somerville, yeah, right, was just explaining why there are no recent tomboy uploads from me17:35
* cody-somerville nods.17:35
cody-somervillerodrigo_, Are there any packages you feel more intimately familiar with? (debian packaging wise that is)17:36
rodrigo_cody-somerville, couchdb-glib and evolution-couchdb, I've done all the packaging for them, just had kenvandine sponsoring my uploads17:36
* cody-somerville nods.17:37
nixternalthose 2 packages have rodrigo_'s name all over, even from the 'initial packaging' a year ago17:37
* cody-somerville nods.17:37
rodrigo_yes :)17:37
cody-somervillecjwatson, geser, nixternal, persia: Ready to vote?17:37
nixternal3 May 200917:37
cjwatsonI'm afraid my attention is being mostly stolen, but sure17:38
* persia has no further questions17:39
nixternalnone here17:39
* persia is also rapidly losing cognitive capacity, and will likely have issues processing soonish17:39
cody-somerville[VOTE] Rodrigo Moya for upload rights for packages couchdb-glib and evolution-couchdb17:40
MootBotPlease vote on:  Rodrigo Moya for upload rights for packages couchdb-glib and evolution-couchdb.17:40
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:40
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:40
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:40
persia+1: clear history of maintenance17:40
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:41
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:41
cody-somerville+1 clear history of maintainership17:41
MootBot+1 received from cody-somerville. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:41
cody-somerville+1 from Soren17:41
geserpersia: try again without :17:41
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 417:42
cody-somerville[VOTE] Rodrigo Moya for upload rights for packages libubuntuone, rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store, and ubuntuone-client17:42
MootBotPlease vote on:  Rodrigo Moya for upload rights for packages libubuntuone, rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store, and ubuntuone-client.17:42
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:42
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:42
cody-somerville-1 No sponsored uploads for requested packages.17:43
MootBot-1 received from cody-somerville. 0 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -117:43
nixternal+1 - I am taking Ken's testimony to heart "...and since he is upstream for the packages, he understands the issues better than I do."17:43
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 1 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 017:43
MootBot+1 received from geser. 2 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:44
persia+0 : no sponsored uploads, but lots of upstream activity, and acceptable as Ubuntu Developer otherwise17:44
MootBotAbstention received from persia. 2 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 117:44
nixternalplus he is Canonical, so if he messes up, it is more fun to watch :D17:44
nixternaljust kidding!!!17:44
cjwatson+1 - my understanding of general sabdfl guidance on these matters is that upstream developers should be welcomed provided that they have a general understanding of Ubuntu processes17:44
nixternalkind of :D17:44
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 3 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 217:44
nixternalwe need soren and stgraber right? to the mailing list to complete or are they still around?17:45
persiacody-somerville: Did either give you a vote in /query?17:45
cody-somerville+1 from Soren17:48
persiaThen it goes to mail, pending stgraber.17:49
MootBotFinal result is 3 for, 1 against. 1 abstained. Total: 217:49
cody-somerville[VOTE] Rodrigo Moya for upload rights for packages tomboy17:49
MootBotPlease vote on:  Rodrigo Moya for upload rights for packages tomboy.17:49
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:49
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:49
MootBotAbstention received from cody-somerville. 0 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 017:50
persia+1 : participatory in packaging, patches submitted upstream, otherwise Developer Material17:50
MootBot+1 received from persia. 1 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 117:50
MootBotAbstention received from geser. 1 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 117:50
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 2 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 217:51
cody-somervillenixternal, ^^17:52
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 3 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 317:52
nixternaldamn, you did back to back votes, caught me off guard17:52
cody-somerville+1 from Soren too?17:53
cody-somervilleI think we should defer both this and last vote to have stgraber and soren vote explicitly on the separate votes via ML.17:54
MootBotFinal result is 3 for, 0 against. 2 abstained. Total: 317:55
cody-somervillerodrigo_, Congratulations. You've been granted PPUs to couchdb-glib and evolution-couchdb17:55
rodrigo_so, will I get the final results in my mail, or should I follow some mailing list?17:55
* rodrigo_ opens the champagne!17:55
nixternalto early here for champaigne, though maco would tell you otherwise17:55
persiarodrigo_: You'll get notified of the final results, but you're an Ubuntu Developer and can upload those two packages.17:55
rodrigo_persia, ok, cool17:56
maconixternal: pffft is noon where you live! its past tequila time for you!17:56
cody-somervillerodrigo_, PPU permissions for libubuntuone, rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store, ubuntuone-client, and Tomboy are pending further votes. You'll be notified via email of the results.17:56
gesercody-somerville: what do we do about the remaining agenda as we are running out of time (if I read the schedule correctly)?17:56
nixternaljeesh, 6 more applications to process17:56
cody-somervilleI'd like to propose we defer the remaining PPU permission applications, MOTU applications, and UCD application until the next meeting17:57
nixternalall this in 2 weeks...starting to look good on the dev front...more people getting excited to join17:57
* persia thinks that's 3 hours at current rate, and won't be completed within this meeting.17:57
nixternalthough that imbrandon character is back yet again17:57
cjwatsonI believe I'm fully caught up on the implementation of current approvals17:57
cody-somervilleBut think we should process Brandon Holtsclaw before concluding17:57
ararodrigo_, congrats!17:57
nixternali think you are too, thanks for that!17:57
rodrigo_thanks ara :-)17:57
Sylvestrecody-somerville, when is going to be the next meeting ?17:58
neversfeldemhh, everything else postponed to next meeting?17:58
persiaSylvestre: 11th May17:58
* neversfelde took holiday to attend this meeting :(17:58
SylvestreI might not be available :S17:59
cody-somerville(If this is a problem for any applicants, please speak - note, you're more likely to get approved when we're not fatigued from voting:P)17:59
smoser2 weeks will be UDS.17:59
SylvestreIf it is possible, I would like to do it now but I understand if you are borred17:59
cjwatsonI'm OK with staying a bit longer, but not three hours18:00
cjwatsonchair's decision IMO18:00
imbrandoni think mine should be easy either way, now or via email, i just dident hit the "renew" button in time ;)18:00
smoser(thats simplay informational)18:00
geserisn't the kernel team meeting soon here?18:00
persiaShould be, yeah.18:00
* cody-somerville nods.18:01
cody-somerville[AGREED] Deferring remaining applications with exception of imbrandon's18:01
MootBotAGREED received:  Deferring remaining applications with exception of imbrandon's18:01
cody-somerville[TOPIC] Ubuntu Core Developer Applications18:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Core Developer Applications18:01
cjwatsonthe kernel team cancelled their IRC meeting this week18:01
persiaI don't trust myself to provide informed consideration anymore.  I'll follow-up in email if anything is needed.18:01
cody-somerville1. Renewal for Brandon Holtsclaw18:02
cjwatsonneversfelde: if it's serious hardship to make it to meetings, we can if necessary handle it by mail, though in general we prefer not to18:02
imbrandonHi I'm brandon, i'm pretty sure most/all of you know me, I did not hit the Launchpad core-dev renewal button in time and my membership had expired, i'd like to renew ;)18:03
nixternalthing is, i think deferring it to the next meeting is ok, as there is absolutely nothing to do right now with your upload rights :)18:03
neversfeldecjwatson: I would be sad, if would have wasted a day of holiday for nothing :)18:03
cjwatsoncody-somerville: (I think we ought to process neversfelde's application if possible, since he's gone to special lengths)18:04
cjwatsonI'm fine with imbrandon's renewal, pro forma18:04
nixternalhe is special alright18:05
nixternalyeah, same with imbrandon18:05
cody-somerville[VOTE]  Renewal of core-dev status for Brandon Holtsclaw18:05
MootBotPlease vote on:   Renewal of core-dev status for Brandon Holtsclaw.18:05
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot18:05
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting18:05
MootBot+1 received from cody-somerville. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 118:05
MootBot+1 received from geser. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 218:05
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 318:05
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 418:06
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 418:06
nixternaljames bond fell asleep at the keyboard18:06
cody-somerville[AGREED] Brandon Holtsclaw to be re-granted core developer status18:06
MootBotAGREED received:  Brandon Holtsclaw to be re-granted core developer status18:06
imbrandonty for takin the time to make sure i got in today :)18:07
imbrandonGL neversfelde18:07
nixternalwe should have made you wait18:07
nixternalcutting in line! you can't do that in chicago, here you would get a whoopin'!18:07
neversfeldeimbrandon: thanks18:07
imbrandonhey hey technicly i was first in line on the agenda from last week ;) shhhh18:07
cody-somervilleI unfortunately can not spare any more of my work day.18:07
cody-somervilleneversfelde, Ubuntu is frozen. You can't upload anyhow. Are you sure you can't wait?18:08
neversfeldecody-somerville: I am not sure I can make it to the next meetings, as I have to work all summer18:08
neversfeldebut if it is preferred, I can come back the next meeting I can convince someone to let me go home :)18:09
cody-somervilleneversfelde, Will you have time to upload this summer? ;)18:09
neversfeldecody-somerville: well, there are weekends :)18:09
cjwatsonmeetings are at fixed times; last I checked, uploads weren't ;-)18:09
* cody-somerville was being facetious.18:09
cjwatsonmight be an interesting feature in LP though ...18:10
neversfeldeso probably I introduce myself and I am open to any questions here and per mail?18:10
cody-somervilleholy crap18:10
cody-somervilleyou have a lot of uploads18:10
cody-somervilleAre they mostly rebuilds or what?18:10
neversfeldecody-somerville: hehe, I hope not18:10
cody-somervilleOops, misread the number18:11
cody-somervilleI thought it said 68018:11
nixternalneversfelde: why motu? why not just go the kubuntu-dev route?18:11
cjwatsoncan you comment on why you're applying for MOTU rather than for Kubuntu?18:11
cjwatsonheh, snap18:11
nixternali knew he is a kubuntu mastah18:12
geserLP oopsed for me trying to loads neversfelde +related-software page :(18:12
neversfeldenixternal, cjwatson: as I understand the process it is MOTU first and Kubuntu dev is more than that, but I might be wrong18:12
neversfeldealso this is my goal for a long time now18:12
nixternalminitube, the only package without a "K" in it, but it is a KDE app :)18:12
cjwatsonthough I notice that the endorsements are specifically for MOTU18:12
nixternalneversfelde: yeah, you are wrong :)18:12
cjwatsonkubuntu-dev certainly involves more core packages than MOTU does18:12
cjwatsonso it depends on your interests18:12
cody-somervilleneversfelde, I'm happy to process your application via e-mail if you can't make further e-mails.18:13
cody-somerville[TOPIC] Select a chair for the next meeting18:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Select a chair for the next meeting18:13
nixternalneversfelde: yeah, go Kubuntu Dev dude18:13
neversfeldeso I would love to fix packages with no K in it, too. If this did not happen yet, I am sure it will in future18:13
cody-somervilleerr... further meetings18:13
cjwatsonone reason to go MOTU rather than kubuntu-dev is if you have experience and interest in packages not in the Kubuntu seeded set18:13
cody-somervillesoren, who wants to be chair for the next meeting?18:13
cody-somervillestupid auto-complete18:13
cjwatsonmost of your uploads seem to be in kubuntu-dev's scope, though18:14
neversfeldealso I would like to help with reviewing packages on REVU, I think there is help needed18:14
neversfeldeok, I could do this without beeing a MOTU, but I would feel better18:14
cjwatson(and kubuntu-dev certainly doesn't preclude a motu application; doing both is entirely legit if you have relevant experience for both)18:14
geserneversfelde: if you are kubuntu-dev you can review kubuntu packages on REVU :)18:14
cody-somervilleneversfelde, I recommend you pursuing kubuntu-dev. For MOTU applicants, we tend to look to see if they have experience as a generalist.18:15
cody-somervillenixternal, Want to chair next week?18:15
=== RoAk is now known as RoAkSoAx
nixternali was chair last week18:15
cody-somervilleoh right18:16
cody-somervillegeser, ?18:16
nixternalbut...if i have to do it again i am down18:16
nixternali have no problem chairing...it is easy18:16
nixternaljust gotta make sure i wake up for it :)18:16
nixternalremember, I am unemployed right now, so i don't have to be up early :D18:16
gesernixternal: we won't start without you :)18:16
nixternalok, i will chair the next meeting then18:17
cody-somervilleHas geser ever chaired yet?18:17
lfaraoneIt will probably be difficult for me to make the next meeting, as I had to request special arrangements with my teachers to even make this one. I'll submit for email processing, I guess.18:17
geseryes, I've chaired already once (might be around 3 meetings ago)18:17
macolfaraone: psst link to your wiki page? i forgot to write on it18:17
cjwatsonlinked off DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda18:18
lfaraonemaco: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LukeFaraone/MOTUApp , thanks.18:18
cody-somerville[ACTION] Geser or Nixternal to be next chair - depends who hits #startmeeting first :P18:18
MootBotACTION received:  Geser or Nixternal to be next chair - depends who hits #startmeeting first :P18:18
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:18.18:18
imbrandonlongests -meeting in ubuntu history , lol j/k18:19
imbrandonthanks all18:19
geserimbrandon: old CC meetings were also around this long (if not even longer)18:20
imbrandongeser: oh yea i rember, was more of a joke ;P18:21
ubottuOfficial channel logs can be found at http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/ - For LoCo channels, http://logs.ubuntu-eu.org/freenode/18:24
macogeser: thank goodness for membership boards?18:33
=== lifeless_ is now known as lifeless
=== starcraft is now known as starcraftman

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!