mahfouzwe need new dreams tonight00:13
micahgddecator: ff37 is good to know if something's fixed or not, but as far as Ubuntu goes, it's triaged until 3.7 reaches the devel release03:55
micahgddecator: it also means most likely there's an open upstream issue03:55
ddecatormicahg: alright, i'll take a look upstream then03:56
ddecatormicahg: huh, i can't find an upstream report, or a dupe downstream. i'm guessing i should still make an upstream report even though it's fixed in 3.7?04:10
micahgddecator: depends how bad it is04:11
micahgddecator: which bug?04:11
ddecatormicahg: bug 573365, just some text overlapping in svgs04:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 573365 in firefox "SVG fonts rendered wrong" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57336504:12
micahgddecator: sorry, too tired to make sense of it right now04:20
ddecatormicahg: haha, it's alright. it's just an appearance issue, so i'm not sure the upstream devs would care too much about it.04:21
micahgddecator: well, rendering issues are important, but if it's not an issue in 3.7, then idk if they'd fix it04:22
ddecatormicahg: right, that's what i meant. if it wasn't fixed in 3.7, i would definitely report it. should i report is just in case or wait until we're more awake? haha04:22
micahgddecator: well, there are quite a few SVG bugs, I just can't think of what the proper search terms are ATM04:24
ddecatormicahg: yah, i tried multiple searches and couldn't find anything. i'll mark it confirmed for now and try some more searches later04:24
=== almaisan-away is now known as al-maisan
BUGabundo_remoteall HAIL the mighty Summer... oh wait!08:39
fta2BUGabundo_remote, ch fixed10:14
BUGabundo_remotelet me test10:17
BUGabundo_remoteI must admit, it was nice to return to Firefox10:17
BUGabundo_remoteits an wonderful browser10:17
BUGabundo_remotefta I confirm. Ch fixed10:18
BUGabundo_remotewth http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/05/canonical-licenses-h264.html12:02
Dimmuxxthat's pretty crazy12:22
fta2BUGabundo_remote, i can't stand ff anymore. it's really too slow. My own html5 webapps (using canvas) are at least 5 times slower in ff13:47
BUGabundo_remoteits still fast13:48
BUGabundo_remotejust not as fast as Ch13:48
BUGabundo_remotebut its really nice... plus I have there the single addon I can't find for chromium13:48
BUGabundo_remoteshame it takes so long to open/load13:49
fta2which addon?13:53
fta2BUGabundo_remote, tried https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/jgfonhdeiaaflpgphemdgfkjimojblie ?14:03
BUGabundo_remotelet me see14:06
BUGabundo_remotefta I have this https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/ombpcpigmndepfckcifdblemkabaoihk14:07
BUGabundo_remotesame guy14:07
BUGabundo_remotebut stop working a few builds ago14:07
BUGabundo_remotenope, doesn't work as nosquint :(14:09
=== JanC_ is now known as JanC
=== al-maisan is now known as almaisan-away
=== almaisan-away is now known as al-maisan
chrisccoulsonhey micahg - i'm going to get FIREFOX_3_6_4_BUILD3 in to the u-m-s PPA once i've built and tested it. are there any changes you want to get in?15:36
micahgchrisccoulson: what are we allowed to take?15:39
micahgchrisccoulson: make sure you add asac's ARM patch15:41
chrisccoulsoni'm just looking at the changes in lp:firefox/3.6 now to see if there are any that should go in lucid15:42
chrisccoulsoni think we have all the important ones already15:42
chrisccoulsonmicahg - do you mean asac's change for the optimisation on arm?15:42
chrisccoulsonthat's already in lucid15:42
asacack ... at least i think the one we needed should already be in the lucid upload15:42
micahgchrisccoulson: yeah15:42
chrisccoulsonyeah, that one's in the current release already15:42
micahgah, it's in there15:43
micahgdon't we have to SRU the apparmor updates rather that throw them in with the USN?15:44
chrisccoulsonyeah, we would do. i don't think the apparmor updates are important enough to SRU though, as the profile is not enabled by default anyway15:45
chrisccoulsonany profile changes related to the new plugin-container binary should probably go in15:45
jdstrandI believe the apparmor updates are SRUable15:46
micahgchrisccoulson: I thought the profile was enabled in Lucid15:46
jdstrandmicahg: no15:46
jdstrandstill disabled by default15:46
jdstrandbut it is a supported profile15:46
chrisccoulsonjdstrand, oh, ok. i think the original question still stands though15:47
chrisccoulson(do we do a separate SRU or update them with the security update)15:47
micahgchrisccoulson: the plugin-container change is for a ff/xul split build15:47
jdstrandtechnically, yes, they need an SRU. that said if the new firefox requires an apparmor update to work, then no SRU15:47
jdstrandI'd rather not have the archive churn though15:48
jdstrandmaybe we can get pitti to ack it as SRU-worthy and just shove them into the security update15:48
chrisccoulsonyeah, that might be possible15:49
jdstrandchrisccoulson: which ones are we talking about?15:49
chrisccoulsonjdstrand, i've not looked at them in detail yet, but i just noticed the last 4 commits are yours ;)15:49
chrisccoulsonso, those are the ones i'm referring to15:50
jdstrandchrisccoulson: in 3.6.head?15:50
chrisccoulsonjdstrand, yeah15:50
jdstrandchrisccoulson: let me look at them15:51
jdstrandchrisccoulson: I'll take this to #ubuntu-devel and ask pitti's opinion15:54
micahgchrisccoulson: I have to run, but we should probably chat later15:56
asacbug 58017316:53
ubottuError: Launchpad bug 580173 could not be found16:53
asacdebian bug 58017316:53
ubottuDebian bug 580173 in xulrunner-1.9.2 "xulrunner-1.9.2: libmozjs3d dependency not tight enough" [Normal,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/58017316:53
asacchrisccoulson: more on mozjs being not good as sys lib ;)16:53
fta== Scope of Canonical's acquired ffmpeg patent licenses for derivatives ==16:55
fta * This is believed to be strictly an OEM business, and not apply to Ubuntu in general16:55
fta * [ACTION] Martin to confirm with Canonical's legal department and follow up16:55
ftaBUGabundo_remote, ^^16:55
asacwsa that TB meeting?16:56
BUGabundo_remoteI thought that as well16:56
chrisccoulsonasac - heh, interesting16:56
ftathe builders are once again gone17:30
asacfta: for how long?17:36
ftano idea, it started a few hours ago, most are red tagged as "disabled"17:37
* asac checks17:37
chrisccoulsonjdstrand - did you manage to speak to pitti about updating apparmor profiles?17:41
chrisccoulsoni'm nearly in a position to upload build3 to the u-m-s PPA17:42
=== al-maisan is now known as almaisan-away
ftaasac, we really need the i386 builders. 34h of q :(18:18
asacfta: some of that is low prio rebuilds18:18
asacfta: so there currently is a bug in soyuz and the team is fighting it18:19
asacsome xmlrpc timeout issue causes the builders to get auto disabled18:19
asacso thats fine ;)18:19
asacjust stay tune18:19
jdstrandchrisccoulson: I asked, he didn't answer18:27
chrisccoulsonjdstrand - ok, thanks.18:32
chrisccoulsonmicahg - did you do any work on gjs/gnome-shell SRU ?18:33
micahgchrisccoulson: not yet18:33
=== almaisan-away is now known as al-maisan
chrisccoulsonmicahg - that's ok. do you think you'll have time this week? if not, then i can look at that18:34
chrisccoulsoni'd like to fix that before UDS really, so that it's ready for the security update18:34
ftalinux/beta (5.0.342.9 -> 5.0.375.29)18:34
ftaso lucid already needs a bump18:34
ftaasac, ^^18:34
micahgchrisccoulson: yeah, I might be able to do that18:35
chrisccoulsonmicahg - cool, thanks18:35
micahgchrisccoulson: sounds good, I'd like to chat with you in about 5 hours if you'll be available18:36
chrisccoulsoni shall probably still just be available in 5 hours18:37
asacfta: any security issues fixed in that bump?18:39
asaci would suggest to only roll bumps when that happens. otherwise you go crazy. also that makes it easier to justify18:40
ftaasac, http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2010/05/beta-channel-update.html18:40
asacso no security issues18:41
asacusually they seem to do that18:41
asacnot sure if for dev channels18:41
asaccan you find that out?18:42
ftaasac, what do you mean?18:45
asachow we can track whether there were security issues fixed in a beta release.18:47
asacdo they include that in the announcement as they do for stable18:47
asacor do we need to assume if a stable security update was rolled that this one also includes those fixes?18:48
asacmaybe you can ask one of your chromium contacts how they communicate security fixes in beta?18:48
asacor whether they could include that info to make it easier for us to maintain this in stable rleeases?18:49
ftaasac, check your mails18:53
asacfta: in your mail i dont see anything about beta channel announces18:55
asacfor stable what i see on releaseblog looks good enoug ... of course CVEs would be better18:55
ftare-read then18:55
asaci dont see anything there ;)18:56
asacexplain to me here18:56
ftait was about our last update of ffmpeg with tons of CVEs, but nada in the release blog18:56
asaci see that you refer to full release blog ... but i am not sure they undersand that includes beta channel announces18:56
ftaas i said, it's all the same for them18:56
asacright. but most likely the same went out to stable18:56
asacok. so that means if in between our last release from beta and next release there was a security announce for stable, we need to update?18:57
asacthats all i wanted to understand18:57
ftahm, no18:58
ftabetween the two beta, dev baked long enough and proved to bring lots of improvements to justify to promotion to new beta target18:58
asacassuming they announce all security fixes for stable ... whats the right procedure to identify the beta uploads then? the last beta channel update on release blog is from apr 718:58
asachmm ok18:59
asacso you say that if they announce a stable security updates there always is a beta update?18:59
ftasort of19:00
ftaunless it's too late19:00
asacso they skipped a few on beta channel?19:01
asacis our current one from apr 7?19:02
asacseems so... so question still stands if that means that all the security fixes announced/released for stable in the meantime have been fixed on beta too :(19:03
ftayes, i've requested a more informative changelog wrt security fixes, but that have yet to happen19:03
ftaasac, so what should i do then?19:17
=== al-maisan is now known as almaisan-away
chrisccoulsonasac - are we going to be supporting security updates for seamonkey in a similar manner to firefox?20:18
chrisccoulson(ie, should i get them hosted in the u-m-s PPA)20:18
asacyes. thats the idea20:32
asacjust no USNs20:32
asacasking folks to test there would be great also to get more testers again etc.20:32
chrisccoulsonasac - cool, i will get 2.0.5 in to the PPA later then21:19
micahgchrisccoulson: was 2.0.5 tagged?21:43
micahgyeah, I see they just tagged it21:43
micahgchrisccoulson: I have one fix before you do that21:43
micahgthe sparc FTBFS21:43
chrisccoulsonmicahg - ok, no worries21:44
asacchrisccoulson: for 1.x to 2.0.x we should maybe use an intermediate -proposed step though ... and carefully evaluating feedback before pushing to -security/-updates21:44
asacchrisccoulson: howver, procedure is still the same ... push to security ppa with -security targettted21:44
asaclet jdstrand put that to -proposed for baking and have tracker bugs for that update so community can comment on regresssions there21:44
asac(and have that in changelog)21:44
asacthere will be regressions, but we should understand how bad they are  etc.21:45
chrisccoulsonasac - we've already done the 1.x to 2.0.x transition (unless you're referring to older releases)21:45
asacchrisccoulson: in stable releases?21:45
asac!= lucid?21:45
ubottuError: I am only a bot, please don't think I'm intelligent :)21:45
micahgasac: same for FF36 update?21:45
chrisccoulsonasac - it's only in lucid for now21:46
micahgasac: and TB3?21:46
asacdefinitly ... FF36 needs communication with jdstrand on the way forward. TB3 i would hope we can keep on doing backports21:46
chrisccoulsonasac - also, do you think we should get ff3.6.4 in hardy this week? (even if we don't actually switch the default just yet)21:46
asacusually there is one or two mailnews patches 3 month that needs backporting21:46
asacthats doable, but chrisccoulson has to decide on the way forward. i wouldnt do TB3 before FF36 is out21:47
micahgasac: can I do the thunderbird stable PPA now though?21:47
asacchrisccoulson: not sure what you mean with "not switching the default"21:47
micahgI waited until we got the builders back21:47
asacchrisccoulson: we should get it in -securirty ppa and ask for testing everywhere21:47
asacmaybe ven -devel announce as this21:47
chrisccoulsonasac - ok, i'll get it in to the PPA first. the only thing blocking that currently is it needs a newer mozilla-devscripts21:48
asacright. i dont know if its ready21:48
asacwhat about all the extensions in hardy?21:48
asacubufox clearly needs to be staged too21:48
asacnot sure if ew should do all the staging outside of the main security ppa21:48
chrisccoulsonyeah, i suspect nearly all of the hardy extensions will need updating. i need to build a list of those though so i know how much work is involved21:49
asacjust in case there isa firedrill ... but i guess in that case we could also use a different ppa21:49
asaci would make it dependent on how well i feel prepared for that21:49
asace.g. put everything in a ppa ... test ... if all the bits are there, push to seucirty ppa or something21:50
asacchrisccoulson: in hardy the app-install-data should be quite complete21:50
asacso we are lucky ... but intrepid/karmic etc. need to get 3.6 too21:50
asacproblem there is that we offer upgrade to intrepid ... but that hsa an older versoin the ... so be careful21:50
asacto be safe the transition has to bubble from top to bottom21:50
=== almaisan-away is now known as al-maisan
asacand we need to test 3.0 -> 3.6 upgrade path ;)21:51
micahgasac: s/intrepid/jaunty21:51
micahgintrepid = EOL21:51
asacmicahg: well. i think we dont offer upgrades to jaunty. so interesting question. maybe lucid is the only choice we offer still ... or intrepid (which is broken)21:51
chrisccoulsoni assume we need to rename the source for hardy to firefox-3.6 don't we?21:52
micahgasac: I'm confused21:52
micahgchrisccoulson: why not use the firefox-3.0 source?21:52
micahgchrisccoulson: or just firefox21:52
chrisccoulsonmicahg - ok, we could use firefox-3.0. firefox is already used in hardy for shipping the old 2.0 in universe21:53
asaccurrently trying to find out if we need to care about hardy -> intrepid->jaunty upgrade path at all still21:56
asacotherwise we can just push 3.6 to hardy and only test the 3.6 -> 3.6 upgrade path for hardy->lucid21:56
micahgasac: ah, ok21:58
chrisccoulsoni suppose if we still have to care about the hardy->intrepid->jaunty upgrade path, then we'd need to do the work in jaunty first22:04
chrisccoulsonwhereas if we don't care about that path, then we can update hardy first22:04
asac3.0 is EOL ... 3.5 i am not so sure ;)22:05
asacwas there any final say22:05
chrisccoulson3.5 doesn't seem to be EOL just yet22:05
chrisccoulsonthere's a 3.5.10 scheduled according to https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/22:06
asacright so we could get away with staged rollout of hardy + lucid ... and then jaunty + karmic later22:06
chrisccoulsonin fact22:06
asacwhich would allow better planning and remove a bit of the pressure22:06
asacwhat a nice coincident ;)22:06
chrisccoulsonwe already have FIREFOX_3_5_10_RELEASE ;)22:06
chrisccoulsoni suppose i should get that updated tonight really22:07
asacor are we late?22:07
chrisccoulsonasac - there's a BUILD1 tag too22:07
asacright. but it wasnt released yet, i assume? its in beta?22:07
chrisccoulsonthe release isn't scheduled until may 13th22:07
asacright. so its beta most likely or even beta prepration still22:07
chrisccoulsonso, yeah, it's in beta now. so, i should get that in the PPA too22:07
asacgetting BUILD1 would be good i guess22:07
ftaasac, i have 5.0.375.29~r46008-0ubuntu1 ready, i'm not sure what i should do with it now22:22
ftaand maverick is not open yet i assume22:23
=== al-maisan is now known as almaisan-away
micahgchrisccoulson: the _RELEASE tags are tagged, but moved if needed, so if we use it before release, we use the BUILDX tag, if after release, the RELEASE tag22:33
chrisccoulsonmicahg - ok, thanks. i was a bit confused about that22:33
chrisccoulsoni'm just doing the 3.5.10 build1 update now anyway22:34
micahgchrisccoulson: we've got at least another month on 3.5.x22:34
micahgchrisccoulson: so, should I push thunderbird-stable tonight?23:00
micahgchrisccoulson: PPA I mean23:01
asacfta: i thought it was open23:04
ftai didn't see anything building except doko's packages23:04
micahgasac: no, not yet23:05
asacfta: i would document the security issues supposely fixed in changelog ... then discuss with jdstrand how to get this up23:05
ftawhich security issues?23:05
micahgasac: is there a (spoken) language I should brush up on for Brussels?23:45
* micahg will try23:56

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!