=== That_Wiki_Guy is now known as ZachK_
=== ogasawara_ is now known as ogasawara
=== 15SAATXS5 is now known as bandwidthcrunch
=== sladen_ is now known as sladen
halvorsWill the meeing beiginnow or?09:35
cody-somervillejussi, I think I fixed the UTC issue with gcalendar.09:42
cody-somervillejussi, (a little while ago)09:42
cody-somervillejussi, Can you confirm if its still an issue or not?09:42
jussicody-somerville: err, which issue? Im at uds and some whatconcentrating on other stuff.09:43
* jussi defers to tsimpson09:43
cody-somervillejussi, /topic09:44
jussicody-somerville: ahh, yeah. tsimpson can give you all the info on that.09:44
cody-somervilletsimpson, :)09:45
halvorsWhen will new Ubuntu Members be taken up?09:49
=== fenris-monash is now known as ejat
tsimpsonjussi: I can?09:52
halvorsCan what?09:52
tsimpson!member | halvors09:55
ubottuhalvors: Want to become an Ubuntu member? Look at http://www.ubuntu.com/community/processes/newmember09:55
jussiapw:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                C09:55
halvorsYes i have done all this ;)09:56
halvorsOnly waiting for the meeting to start ;)09:56
tsimpsonhalvors: which meeting are you waiting for?09:57
halvorsIt will begin now09:58
halvorshehe | ubottu09:59
tsimpson10:00 utc is in an hour09:59
halvorsOk, the meeting begin 12:00 GMT +1?10:01
tsimpsonat 11:00 GMT+110:01
tsimpsonUTC is the same time as GMT10:01
elkyOoh, so I do get to go home first? Yay!10:01
halvorsMy clock is 11 now10:02
halvorsso the meeting have to begin now or have i taken fail?10:03
elkyhalvors, you need to wait for one hour10:03
halvorsi misunderstand sorry ;)10:03
tsimpsonhalvors: it's 09:03 UTC now10:03
elkyhalvors, you can always check UTC time by typign "date -u" in your terminal10:04
=== Claudinux_ is now known as Claudinux
halvorsMeeting begin?10:58
amachuhalvors: few min10:58
halvorsOk, a am waiting ;)10:59
amachupersia: elky: Hi10:59
Vantraxhow many do we have here?10:59
elkyamachu, o/10:59
freeflyinghi all10:59
amachufreeflying: Hi11:00
freeflyingamachu: hey, long time no see :)11:00
amachuVantrax: Hello!11:01
elkywe do have quorum I believe11:01
elkyShall we begin?11:01
halvorsyes ;)11:02
amachuelky: yes11:02
* elky wonders if she remembers how the bot works...11:02
* Vantrax is ready11:02
MootBotMeeting started at 05:02. The chair is elky.11:02
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]11:02
elkyis nasirkhan amongst us as a different name11:03
amachuelky: persia, takdir, lifeless are missing though11:03
elkyamachu, quorum is 4 afaik.11:03
halvorsI am here ;)11:03
halvorsalso i am Halvor Lyche Strandvoll11:04
amachuelky: I understand, we shall kick off11:04
amachuhalvors: Please wait11:04
amachunasirkhan is not here11:04
elkyhalvors, the person listed above you to have a chance to show up11:04
elkyhe's also known as saikat says launchpad11:05
amachuhalvors: there is a name before yours, just wanted to ensure he isn't here before considering you11:05
halvorsyes i understand ;)11:05
amachuVantrax: freeflying: We have begun11:05
freeflyingamachu: yes11:05
amachuhalvors: yes, go ahead..11:06
ejattakdir will be late a bit ... prayer time in ID11:06
elkyejat, aha, thank you11:07
ejatelky : :)11:08
VantraxHalvors, can you tell us a little about yourself and your contribution?11:09
amachuhalvors: are you there?11:10
halvorsI come from Norway, i live in a small city Asker, near Olso.11:10
halvorsYes i am here ;)11:10
elkyhalvors, you need to explain to us why you deserve membership11:11
amachuhalvors: https://translations.launchpad.net/~halvors/+activity is that all your contributions?11:11
halvorsAnd i want to be a member of Ubuntu and help transelate Ubuntu into Norwegian, i will transelate primary to NO_nb but maybe to NO_nb too11:11
halvorsYes, i have been more active here at IRC, in the Ubuntu Server channel11:12
halvorsAnd i need to be a member og Ubuntu to be a member of Ubuntu Norwegian Transelators.11:13
halvorsAre you there?11:14
Vantraxwe are11:14
freeflyinghalvors: you done?11:14
halvorsYes, if there is no more somone will know...11:15
amachuhalvors: are there people here to support your nomination?11:15
elkylaunchpad is excruciatingly slow for me today11:15
halvorsAs said i will be more active if i be a Ubuntu memeber.11:16
halvorsNo, i not think.11:16
ejathalvors .. is it need to be that way?11:16
freeflyinghalvors: why don't you try to apply from EMEA meeting? since you're living in a Europe timezone11:16
halvorsBecouse it is so long time until11:16
halvorsHere somone said to me that i could use Asia/Oceania instead11:17
VantraxI am curious how you need to be a member of Ubuntu to be a member of Norwegian Translators, I11:17
Vantraxer I have never heard of that as a requirement11:17
elkyVantrax, yeah, that sounds quite odd11:17
halvorsNo, meybe11:17
halvorsmaybe sry11:17
freeflyinghalvors: as amachu asked, do you have anyone here to support you?11:18
elky[LINK] https://launchpad.net/~halvors11:18
halvorsI only heard that when i requested to Ubuntu Norwegian Transelators11:18
MootBotLINK received:  https://launchpad.net/~halvors11:18
elky[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/halvors11:18
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/halvors11:18
takdirsorry i'm late11:18
halvorsNo.. Who should that be?11:19
elkyOk, well, i'm sorry but I'm going to vote -1 for you today. It seems we have some issues to discuss with the norwegian translators, but you have not done enough for membership in my opinion.11:19
Vantraxhalvors, i think you have made a great start in your contributions11:19
Vantraxbut ubuntu membership is a reward for significant and sustained contributions to ubuntu11:19
elky[VOTE] halvors for member11:20
MootBotPlease vote on:  halvors for member.11:20
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot11:20
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting11:20
MootBot-1 received from elky. 0 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -111:20
amachuhalvors: I can notice contributions from you, but they aren't substantial enough to give a +1 in favour. Good start..11:20
ejat-1 for me to since halvors not in the norwegian translator team11:20
MootBot-1 received from ejat. 0 for, 2 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -211:20
MootBot-1 received from Vantrax. 0 for, 3 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -311:20
MootBot-1 received from freeflying. 0 for, 4 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -411:20
elkyWe will work with you to get through this requirement.11:20
VantraxI think we will have to find out about you not being able to join, that seems to be an area of consern11:20
elkyBut right now, we're not going to make you a member just so you can join it.11:21
elkyIt doesn't fix what's broken if we do :)11:21
VantraxI think you are making a great start to your contribution but I would like to see it continue over a longer period11:21
amachuprobably if it is some issue about joining Norweign LoCo, you shall talk to jono11:21
Vantraxtranslation team i think11:22
halvorsOk, i understand.11:22
Vantraxill find out who is in charge of the team and double check that requirement. It should not be there11:22
halvorsSomeone could help me get inside the Ubuntu Norwegian Translators?11:22
elkyhalvors, we will, yes.11:23
VantraxWe will halvors11:23
amachucontact the LoCo contact person11:23
amachuhave you tried?11:23
amachuhalvors: is it a Loco + translation team?11:23
halvorsSo should i try to request new membership at Ubuntu Norwegian transelators?11:23
Vantraxare you involved in the Norwegian loco?11:23
Vantraxthe local ubuntu club if you prefer11:24
elkyhalvors, could you provide us with links to the launchpad teams you are trying to join?11:24
halvorsI am norwegian and a i am i Norway now11:24
Vantraxlocos are local user groups that promote and work with ubuntu in their countries/states11:24
MootBotFinal result is 0 for, 4 against. 0 abstained. Total: -411:25
amachuare you in touch with https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Hubuntu11:25
amachuelky: I gave +011:25
amachuelky: and appears you have closed voting11:25
elkyamachu, oh, sorry, i thought we all voted11:26
amachuejat: voted in between11:26
amachuthat counted for -411:26
amachuelky: no probs11:26
amachuhalvors: suggest you contact the team, and if you couldn't get a respose contact the loco-contacts list or jono11:27
halvorsHere is the team i try to join: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-no11:27
Vantraxhalvors, if you get in touch with your loco, and the guys in your local ubuntu channel11:27
takdirhalvors, it's better if there is some testimonial for you at your wiki from ubuntu norwegian translators or your loco team11:27
elkyhalvors, have you ever been in #ubuntu-no ?11:28
halvorsI have waited for membership in norwegian transelators11:28
ejatanyone from here from ubuntu-no to support u halvors ?11:28
halvorsin 2 mouths11:28
Vantraxhalvors you can definately contribute to translations without being in that team, that group is responsible for reviewing and approving translation submissions11:29
amachunasirkhan isn't here..11:29
amachuand welcome takdir Vantrax :-)11:30
halvorsWhat should i do for be a member of ubuntu?11:30
halvorsalso more11:30
ejatwelcome to both of u :)11:30
Vantraxcontribute more, what you have already been doing over a longer period of time11:30
Vantraxalso get involved in your loco (the people in #ubuntu-no will help)11:31
takdirhalvors, if have blog, you can write your activity for ubuntu and post some pictures11:31
amachuhalvors: there has be some credible proof of sustained contribution for Ubuntu..11:31
halvorshope i can be a member for next meeting ;)11:31
amachuhalvors: there has to be some credible proof of sustained contribution for Ubuntu..11:31
Vantraxno problem, i hope to see you back here again in a few months with some testimonials on your wiki and a crowd to cheer you on11:31
ejatget involved with ubuntu-no activities ... then from there u may see what u can contribute ...11:32
elkyhalvors, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorwegianTeam will be of use to you if you have not already seen it11:32
Vantraxanyone else?11:32
elkyejat, should we wait around for nasir?11:33
ejatits up to the board ..11:34
* ejat open for it .. 11:34
Vantraxill wait11:34
elkyi'll wait too11:34
amachuprobably for another five minutes11:35
amachuejat: your wiki page?11:35
ejatamachu : wiki.ubuntu.com/fenris11:36
* ejat need to update to latest info .. :( sorry for that .. 11:36
* ejat in ubuntu training at Monash University ... 2 things need to be done at one time .. but its ok 11:37
amachulifeless: persia: silent today? Hmm.. strange thing to happen..11:38
czajkowskiamachu: persia is at UDS11:39
czajkowskipossibly in the middle of a session11:39
elkyand so is lifeless11:39
ejatowh .. concerntration in session :)11:39
ejathas 5 minute past?11:39
amachuczajkowski: thanks for the info11:40
elkyamachu, on the other hand, this is why we now have this many members :)11:40
amachuelky: I have to leave now,  there is quorum without me..11:40
* ejat need to learn more from u guys .. 11:40
elkyamachu, that's fine. have fun11:40
ejatamachu : see u soon ..11:41
amachuelky: ejat: Vantrax: takdir: all four of you, if you can wait, its fine..11:41
amachuelse declare the meeting is over..11:41
amachuam leaving now..11:41
Vantraxi will wait11:42
* amachu is away: Gone away for now11:42
takdiramachu, ok, i'll wait11:42
freeflyingi'm leaving as well11:42
* ejat still waiting ..... 11:53
Vantraxme too, for another 5 min11:54
elkyyeah, I think we need to finish so other meetings can happen11:55
takdirmay be nasir will not come11:55
elkyejat, have you been talking to nasir?11:55
ejatelky : no ..11:55
takdirnow is 10.58 UTC :)11:58
Vantraxwe done11:59
Vantraxhes not comin11:59
Vantraxelky can you close?11:59
ejati think .. can end the meeting11:59
MootBotMeeting finished at 05:59.11:59
MootBotMeeting started at 06:32. The chair is halvors.12:32
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]12:32
MootBotMeeting finished at 06:32.12:32
=== juliux_ is now known as juliux
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann_
=== oubiwann_ is now known as oubiwann
Prettodoes anyone knows where do I find the official cd cover art for download14:25
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann_
=== oubiwann_ is now known as oubiwann
=== vanhoof[nyc] is now known as vanhoof
* lfaraone waves at geser.15:58
lfaraoneSo, are we going to have a meeting today, or is UDS going to trump it?16:03
Sylvestreon the wiki, "Next DMB meeting: May 11th, 2010 15:00 UTC"16:04
ari-tczewmay someone else will be a chairman today?16:05
ari-tczewe.g. persia16:05
sorenThere's a session allocated at UDS for it.16:06
sorenI have no idea why people aren't in it.16:06
lfaraonesoren: are you at UDS?16:06
sorenlfaraone: Yes.16:06
lfaraonesoren: ring some doorbells? :)16:06
CardinalFangHi.  Is there a Membership Board meeting now?16:07
sorenI'm in my room. The conference rooms are far away :)16:07
lfaraoneCardinalFang: there should be one.16:07
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann_
* cody-somerville wonders where everyone is too.16:09
sorencody-somerville: Are you in the room?16:09
cody-somervillesoren, I am.16:09
=== oubiwann_ is now known as oubiwann
cody-somervillesoren, or I think I'm in the right rom.16:09
sorencody-somerville: Rosewood?16:10
sorencody-somerville: I'm in my own room, so my not being there is expected :)16:10
* smoser is present16:10
ari-tczew4 DMB members are necessary for meeting right?16:10
lfaraoneari-tczew: Yes.16:10
ari-tczewthere are only 2 ?16:10
ari-tczewmaybe kees can join meeting?16:11
lfaraonecody-somerville, soren, maybe call persia / geser ?16:11
* smoser goes to try to locate someone16:11
cody-somervillenixternal, ping16:12
cody-somervillestgraber, ping16:13
cody-somervillegeser, ping16:13
cody-somervillepersia, ping16:13
cody-somervillecjwatson said he won't be able to make the first half of the meeting.16:13
ari-tczewkees, ping16:13
keesari-tczew: hello16:14
ari-tczewkees: can you join this meeting now? we're looking for DMB members16:14
smoseri pinged persia in hallway16:14
nixternalyou mean james bond?16:15
dobeypersia is here16:15
keesari-tczew: I can't, I'm in a another meeting16:15
nixternalI am guessing persia is probably in "Review and Planning for Distributed Development"16:15
nixternalnevermind, there he is now :)16:15
lfaraoneOkay, I think we're set then.16:16
* lfaraone has to be out by 16h UTC.16:16
nixternalneversfelde_: you around?16:17
ari-tczewmembers of Ubuntu Technical Board are members of DMB as well?16:17
nixternaljust in case this meeting does go on and we can get enough members16:17
cody-somervillenixternal, Do you want to chair? stgraber doesn't appear to be around.16:17
nixternalsure, wanna make sure we have enough members first16:17
cody-somervillegeser, ping ping ping16:17
neversfelde_only with mobile phone atm, I will need 20 min to get to a place with network access16:17
nixternalneversfelde_: groovy, i want to make sure you get your stuff heard today...right now it seems 2, maybe 3 of us are here from the dmb today16:18
nixternalsilly uds :)16:18
ari-tczewmdz, Keybuk ping16:18
nixternalari-tczew: they aren't DMB members16:19
sorenari-tczew: They're not DMB.16:19
czajkowskiari-tczew: just saw mdz head into a uds session16:19
persia____We have four: Cody, Soren, Richard, and myself.16:19
nixternalthey are the tech board16:19
nixternalrock on!16:19
* JamieBennett is here if you get around to him16:19
MootBotMeeting started at 10:19. The chair is nixternal.16:19
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:19
cody-somervilleand Colin just showed up16:19
nixternal[TOPIC]Review of previous action items:16:20
MootBotNew Topic: Review of previous action items:16:20
SylvestreFYI: I am on the agenda and I have to leave at 16h20 UTC16:20
nixternalpersia____: updates?16:20
ari-tczewoh, sorry, ~techboard (Ubuntu Technical Board) is a subteam of DMB, this is confusing16:20
cjwatsonari-tczew: that's administrative and doesn't reflect the actual board16:21
ari-tczewok, let's start metting16:21
ari-tczewmeeting *16:21
lfaraoneari-tczew: we already did, see above.16:21
persia____I did update the wiki pages.16:21
nixternalpersia____: thanks!16:21
cjwatsonI didn't create the team yet (please carry that over) but have obviously scheduled this meeting :-)16:21
* geser is finally there16:22
nixternalhaha, I was just going to ask you :)16:22
gesersorry, was having lunch16:22
ari-tczewgeser come back!16:22
persia____I've also spoken to TheMuso: reasons for not commenting for abogani are 1) work not up to quality in intrepid, not closely worked with him since then.16:22
nixternalgroovy persia____, thanks!16:22
nixternalstgraber and soren: did you vote on Rodrigos app? I have been busing with job interviews for the past 2 weeks, so I have been a bit afk16:23
lfaraonenixternal: I think stgraber coudln't make it.16:23
nixternalstill, need to add him to the minutes here16:23
nixternaleven though they aren't here, we don't leave them out16:23
sorennixternal: I sent my +1's (as I did to the chair on IRC), but they don't seem to have landed in the list archives.16:23
nixternalrock on! thanks soren16:24
nixternal[TOPIC]Administrative Matters16:24
MootBotNew Topic: Administrative Matters16:24
nixternalheh, I take it we didn't consider changing the ordering just yet? :)16:24
cjwatsonI have no background on this agenda item16:24
nixternalshould we have a vote on doing membership stuff the first hour?16:24
cody-somervilleI added that.16:24
cjwatsonI do think it seems to take us too long agonising before we get started :-)16:25
nixternalwe don't want to be doing 2 hour meetings....i say spend an hour on membership if there are that many, and then use the rest of the time to hit the other agenda items?16:25
cody-somervilleI'll write an e-mail to the list about this.16:25
nixternalcody-somerville: thanks16:25
persia____I think we should do administrative forst, but then focus on membership quickly.16:26
nixternal[ACTION]Cody to write an e-mail to the list concerning the layout/format of the DMB meeting - membership first16:26
MootBotACTION received: Cody to write an e-mail to the list concerning the layout/format of the DMB meeting - membership first16:26
nixternalok, move on to membership stuff right now?16:26
nixternalwho had to leave in a few minutes?16:26
Sylvestreme but I still have 40 minutes16:27
* lfaraone by 16:10 or so.16:27
lfaraone(really 15:50, but i can stretch it another 20 if I need to)16:27
JamieBennettHi, my name is Jamie Bennett. I currently work for Canonical on the Mobile team concentrating on ARM hardware.16:27
JamieBennettAlthough officially I work on ARM specific stuff, I do development on a wider scale.16:27
JamieBennettcut and paste to wrong window, sorry16:28
nixternal[TOPIC] Sylvestre Ledru PPU Application16:28
MootBotNew Topic:  Sylvestre Ledru PPU Application16:28
nixternal[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SylvestreLedru/MyApplication16:28
ari-tczewI have time, I'm not going out16:28
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SylvestreLedru/MyApplication16:28
nixternal[LINK] https://launchpad.net/~sylvestre-ledru16:28
MootBotLINK received:  https://launchpad.net/~sylvestre-ledru16:28
SylvestreSo, you want me to introduce myself now ?16:28
nixternalSylvestre: a quick intro will be fine while we work up some questions for you16:29
SylvestreMy full time work is being a core developer on Scilab and in charge of the Linux / Unix / Mac version of the software.16:29
SylvestreI am also a Debian Developer, leader of the Debian Science team and involved in the Debian Java team.16:29
SylvestreI maintain Scilab and most of it dependencies (like some pretty borring one like atlas). I also maitain some other packages like guake.16:29
SylvestreOn the overall, if I apply, it is that I would like to be able to manage directly into Ubuntu the most important packages (Scilab, guake, atlas, blas, lapack) to make sure that Ubuntu is shipped with the right versions of ""my"" packages.16:30
cjwatsonSylvestre: just on an administrative note, it would help to have an explicit package list - your DDPO page has packages in a few categories (primary maintainer, sponsored upload, NMU, etc.) and it would be easier to deal with an explicit list16:30
nixternalSylvestre: are you looking at 42 packages to have PPU for?16:30
persia____Sylvestre: You're clearly very active in thses packages in Debian.  Could you share some of your thoughts on how the Ubuntu release cycle differs from Debian, and how this might affect when or what should be uploaded?16:30
cjwatsonwhat do you consider the "right versions"?16:30
cjwatsonthis is a deliberately vague question :-)16:30
Sylvestreoh, plenty of questions16:30
Sylvestreabout the list, some of my package are not very important (worldwind, some 'useless' libs, etc), I can do a list of what seems important16:31
SylvestreI don't know if you have a way to help DD on this subject for the list of packages16:31
cody-somervilleSylvestre, With regards to the packages you're looking for upload permissions for, do you work closely with the Ubuntu developers who work on those packages in Ubuntu?16:31
Sylvestrecody-somerville, my concern is that they are not really someone working of these packages16:32
cjwatsonI'm just asking for an explicit list of the packages you're applying for; I'm not trying to pass judgement on their importance16:32
cody-somervilleSylvestre, For some of them there definitely is.16:32
Sylvestreblas, lapack, atlas are critical in the scientific world and AFAIK, they are not really maintained on the ubuntu side16:32
cjwatson(because I may have to sit and tell Launchpad about the permission changes on each of those and I'm going to need that to be 'for x in foo bar baz;')16:32
cjwatsonI agree the atlas stack is at best undermaintained16:33
cjwatsonof course note that we actually regard it as a feature that packages are synced where possible, although obviously somebody needs to be paying attention to bugs16:33
Sylvestrepersia____, I think that Debian is too exigent for its release, the degree of quality is too high. I am happy with testing but for "normal users", I defintely prefer Ubuntu16:34
Sylvestrecjwatson, I really like working with team, I'll be happy to work with others on the package I maintain (as long as we agree on a common Vcs)16:34
persia____Sylvestre: I'm more looking for your thoughts on how things would differ from a developer perspective?  What do you think you'd have to do differently, etc.16:35
cody-somervilleSylvestre, What VCS would that be?16:35
nixternalit looks like all of your packages are being sync'd from Debian->Ubuntu16:36
SylvestreDebian-science svn or git for science packages16:36
SylvestreI am using torsten werner svn for non java / science packages16:36
SylvestreI don't know bzr but I don't mind learning16:37
cody-somervilleSylvestre, Are you familiar with Ubuntu's model of maintaining packages communally?16:37
geserSylvestre: your LP page doesn't show any sponsored uploads. Was there no need for e.g. sync requests after DIF to pull fixes from Debian to Ubuntu or did someone else those?16:37
Sylvestre(sorry, I am doing the list)16:38
Sylvestrethe list would be atlas, blas, code-saturne and its dependencies (ecs, libbft, libcgns, libfvm, libmei) Scilab and its dependencies (flexdock, jeuclid, jhdf, libjgraphx-java, libjlatexmath-java, libjogl-java, libjrosetta-java, libmatio,libskinlf-java),16:38
SylvestreI can also maintain guake and fwbuilder since they seems pretty used in Ubuntu16:39
cjwatsonthat seems like a reasonable list, thanks16:39
Sylvestrecody-somerville, not sure to understand exactly your question16:39
nixternalSylvestre: you are already maintaining them, though upstream, they are all being sync'd to ubuntu from what I could see :)16:39
Sylvestregeser, indeed, I have been waiting for the automatic sync16:39
nixternalwhich is a good thing btw16:39
Sylvestrenixternal, yes, I just liked to be able to sync when I want (and when ubuntu is not freeze)16:40
Sylvestreespecially since I deeply changed the blas/lapack/atlas stuff (which is a dependency of more than 300 packages)16:41
MootBotLINK received:  http://bit.ly/bcibeF16:42
nixternalI am fairly certain though that PPU/MOTU/Core-Dev doesn't give you anymore of an advantage of synching than a typical user/contributor...you still request a sync the same way right?16:42
cjwatsonif someone who can upload a package requests a sync, we will execute it without question (assuming that we're not in freeze, whatever)16:42
nixternalat least that's how I always did it...don't tell me there was an easier way that I never looked at persuing :)16:42
cjwatsonthey could upload it directly anyway16:43
nixternalcjwatson: ahh, yeah...16:43
cjwatsonif somebody who can't upload a package requests a sync, we will make them get sponsorship16:43
cjwatsonin future, people with upload permissions will be able to sync directly by pressing a button in LP16:43
geserSylvestre: in your "What I like least in Ubuntu" section, you mention the missing "feedback" from Ubuntu to Debian. Have you some ideas on how we can improve that?16:43
nixternalcjwatson: "future" :D16:43
cjwatsontherefore it is perfectly reasonable for people to apply for upload privileges on the basis that they want more convenient syncs16:43
cjwatsonnixternal: near future16:43
SylvestreWell, I don't really want to fill many requests and check on them if they have been done or not16:43
nixternalrock on!16:43
nixternalno way I am doubting Sylvestre experience anyways, he has more Debian packages than I do :)16:44
Sylvestregeser, for example, it would be great to have an option in Launchpad to say "OK, I am a DD and I would like to be informed of any upload from Ubuntu, any bug reports on 'my' packages"16:44
* lfaraone also would like that feature. *goes off to file a request*16:45
SylvestreZack is going to talk about that at UDS16:45
cjwatsonI think that would get support as long as people can figure out how to design it16:45
persia____Sylvestre: So, some sort of subscribe-all-the-packages-where-I'm-listed-as -maintainer button?16:45
nixternalthat would be a nice feature, instead of going to every package and subscribing manually16:46
nixternalok, everyone ready to vote? anymore questions?16:46
SylvestreI did that once but I have to do it for each new package :/16:46
cody-somervilleSylvestre, If a Ubuntu developer upload a change to a package you maintain in Debian that you disagree with, what would you do?16:46
nixternalooh good q? there16:46
cody-somervilleI'd still like to hear thoughts on how behaviours may differ in preparing uploads for Debian and Ubuntu.16:47
SylvestreDepends on the kind of changes, if it is an icon, I won't mind (or I will detect ubuntu or debian and switch it)16:47
Sylvestreif it is a bigger issue, I usually like to ask on a mailing list if my solution is crap or not16:48
SylvestreI really don't care being wrong (as long as I hear good arguments)16:48
Sylvestre(btw, most of my packages are team maintained)16:48
SylvestreI don't believe in the "one package = one maintainer" approch16:49
* cjwatson nods16:49
cjwatsonnixternal: no more questions from me16:49
nixternalgeser, persia____, cody-somerville? no more from me either16:49
cody-somervilleno more from me16:50
geserno more for me either16:50
nixternalpersia____: ?16:51
* soren has no more questions either.16:51
persia____I can vote.16:52
nixternaloops, forgot about you :D16:52
nixternal[VOTE] Sylvestre Ledru PPU Application16:52
MootBotPlease vote on:  Sylvestre Ledru PPU Application.16:52
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot16:52
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting16:52
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 116:52
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 216:52
MootBot+1 received from soren. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 316:52
MootBot+1 received from persia____. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 416:52
MootBot+1 received from cody-somerville. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 516:52
MootBot+1 received from geser. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 616:52
MootBotFinal result is 6 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 616:52
nixternalcongrats Sylvestre!16:52
nixternalcjwatson: you going to process all of those packages? :)16:52
Sylvestreoh, many thanks :)16:52
lfaraonenixternal: now, I have to leave RSN, I was wondering if I could go next.16:53
nixternallfaraone: yes, one sec16:53
cjwatsonafter the meeting16:53
nixternal[ACTION] cjwatson to process all of Sylvestre's packages for PPU16:53
MootBotACTION received:  cjwatson to process all of Sylvestre's packages for PPU16:53
nixternal[TOPIC] Luke Faraone MOTU Application16:54
MootBotNew Topic:  Luke Faraone MOTU Application16:54
lfaraoneHi, my name is Luke Faraone. I have been working on Ubuntu since 2007. I am a Debian Maintainer, and am currently going through the Debian New Maintainer process.16:54
lfaraoneMy interest in Ubuntu MOTU work is twofold: fixing low-hanging fruit when I can find it, and handling sponsorship / syncing RC bugs fixes from Debian. I'm not one to come up with brilliant solutions to problems, so I prefer to leave that to others and handle the more straightforward, but potentially less interesting work myself.16:54
MootBotLINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LukeFaraone/MOTUApp16:54
lfaraoneThis summer I will be working full time on application development for Ubuntu.16:54
MootBotLINK received: https://launchpad.net/~lfaraone16:54
lfaraoneIn Ubuntu, I've worked on a variety of packages reviewing the RCBugs list. A lot of my uploads were syncs, but they involved carefully checking the changelog during freezes and testing to ensure these packages built and installed in Lucid.16:55
nixternallfaraone: in the 'what you like least' section, i take you are talking about how KDE apps look in GNOME? In KDE, GNOME apps are looking more and more native now, can't even tell the difference unless the underlying subsystem crashes, then it goes all 1980 looking on you :)16:57
lfaraonenixternal: well, I hadn't tried Lucid on my main system when I wrote that :)16:57
geserlfaraone: your sponsors mention that you should do some more checks before "uploads". Could you give some examples of what you have missed in the past?16:58
lfaraonegeser: I've forgotten to update the maintainer, for example. (during actual uploads, that is)16:58
lfaraonegeser: And occasionally I forget the suite. I've been combating that recently by triple-checking everything that I usually miss before submitting it to sponsors.16:59
lfaraone*the correct suite; such as "karmic" instead of "karmic-updates"16:59
cjwatsonyeah, I've evolved a pretty paranoid set of wetware checks myself over time17:00
nixternalif i don't update maintainer, debuild tells me about it and bombs out17:00
lfaraonenixternal: as soon as I figure out how to do that, I'll implement that in an instant :)17:01
nixternali thought that was a default action, because I have never modified debuild to do it17:01
geserthat happens when you use your @ubuntu.com email address for the changelog17:01
lfaraonenixternal: it's a warning, I think I've seen it on occasion, but it's not fatal IIRC.17:01
nixternalgeser: ahhhhhhh17:02
lfaraonegeser: ah, I use my personal email :)17:02
cjwatsonyeah, it's a slightly crudely odd check17:02
cjwatsonor oddly crude, or something17:02
lfaraoneI'll put that on my to-investigate list.17:03
nixternali like that check, because maintainer for some reason is in the back of my head..but i always using my @ubuntu.com addy17:03
cody-somervillelfaraone, Do you find making small mistakes is frequently a problem for you?17:03
cody-somerville*is still17:03
cjwatsonI'm glad somebody is gardening the RC-fixes-not-in-Ubuntu list.  Is there anything we could do to improve handling of that?17:03
lfaraonecody-somerville: No. I've been working very hard recently to ensure that doesn't happen.17:03
cjwatsonapart from just more people looking at it17:03
lfaraonecjwatson: I'm not sure. It'd be nice to get more information in the UI itself, rather than having to reference several pages manually, but that's a task for someone with AJAX skills :)17:04
nixternallfaraone: something I did when I was doing the whole MOTU thing was I had a checklist....when I got MOTU, I was whicked anal retentive and would check not once, but twice, or three times...I even have a nack for testing building, installing and testing in a chroot, and installing it live on my system and running it to test for regressions...yeah, that means I am not putting it out whicked fast, but I am at least trying to get it out th17:05
cjwatsonmm, if somebody has a "simple guide to applying ajax to noddy web pages" I'd be interested ...17:05
nixternalI broke kubuntu-docs in main enough times to learn quickly :)17:05
lfaraonenixternal: yeah, I've since written one that I use. I'll publish it when I finish finals :)17:06
nixternalhehe, nice17:06
nixternalI have no more questions and am ready to vote, everyone else?17:06
cody-somervilleI'm good.17:06
* geser too17:06
* persia____ is ready to vote17:06
nixternal[VOTE]Luke Faraone MOTU Application17:06
MootBotPlease vote on: Luke Faraone MOTU Application.17:06
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:06
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:06
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:06
MootBot+1 received from persia____. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:06
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:06
MootBotAbstention received from cody-somerville. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 317:07
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 4 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 417:08
nixternalsoren: ?17:08
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 417:09
lfaraoneThank you. I have to go, but I greatly appreciate the trust you are putting in me.17:09
nixternallfaraone: groovy, congrats!17:09
nigelbabulfaraone: congrats17:09
nixternalneversfelde: you here yet?17:10
lfaraone(and with that, I'm out, to celebrate later!)17:10
nixternal[TOPIC] Christian Mangold MOTU Application17:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Christian Mangold MOTU Application17:10
neversfeldeHello, my name is Christian I am 30 years old and I currently live in Wuppertal, Germany.17:10
neversfeldeI'm contributing to Ubuntu for several years now and I mostly work with the Kubuntu team. I started packaging back at the beginning of the Karmic cycle and I want to take the next step now and become a MOTU.17:10
neversfeldeDetails about my work are im my application https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChristianMangold/MOTUDeveloperApplication17:10
neversfeldeMy personal wiki page is here http://wiki.kubuntu.org/ChristianMangold and my Launchpad profile here https://launchpad.net/~neversfelde17:10
MootBotLINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChristianMangold/MOTUDeveloperApplication17:10
MootBotLINK received: https://edge.launchpad.net/~neversfelde17:10
neversfeldeLast meeting the question came up, why I want to be a MOTU and not a kubuntu-dev. Turns out that it seems to be necessary to be a MOTU and a kubuntu-dev to handle the over 100 KDE packages in universe.17:10
neversfeldeBeneath that I believe that Ubuntu is one distribution and so I am not limited to packages which have a K in it, although I did not package a GNOME app or something else in the past.17:11
neversfeldeI think it is quite normal, that I focus on KDE applications, because it is the desktop I use, but I also want to help in a general way.17:11
cjwatsonyeah, the kubuntu unseeded packages stuff is complicated and I'd prefer not to block applicants on it17:11
cjwatsonthough there has been some discussion on it17:11
nixternalhehe, I look at build failures, and of course it was kdebindings... fyi dmb, ignore those, as there has yet to be a single upload w/o a failure :)17:12
neversfeldekdebindings is a beast17:13
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
nixternali uploaded it enough times to realize i don't want to upload it anymore :)  though i do depend on it quite heavily...maybe it is time to work on it again...nah :)17:13
geserneversfelde: I live not that far away from you (Dortmund) :)17:14
cjwatsoncomment about debian/copyright from apachelogger in your application; have you looked at the DEP-5 copyright format stuff?17:14
nixternalneversfelde: there you go, now you can go to geser's house and get him using Kubuntu :)17:14
neversfeldegeser: than you should ignore my preferences in soccer :)17:15
neversfeldenixternal: I will do that, once I have some Lucid CDs17:15
* geser upgrades to maverick before that :)17:16
cjwatsonwe seem to have a bit of a dearth of questions to ask ...?17:17
cody-somervilleneversfelde, Do you feel you have a good understanding of Ubuntu development policies and development cycle? Do you see any room for improvement in either?17:18
nixternalkind of hard for me to come up with anything as i have worked with neversfelde now for quite some time on kubuntu.....sponsored a package here or there back in the day17:18
geserneversfelde: as you used REVU to review packages. Does the process still work or should it get improved and how?17:18
neversfeldecjwatson: yes, I am working more careful on this17:19
neversfeldecody-somerville: I think I have after beeing part of the team for two cycles now. There are always some things to learn, though17:20
cjwatsonthat was to cody I guess17:20
nixternalno, i think that was for you debian/copyright question17:20
cody-somervilleI'm ready to vote.17:21
neversfeldegeser: it works, but it is far away from beeing perfect, for example it does not work with source format 3.017:21
nixternali am ready to vote as well17:21
neversfeldecjwatson: yes, it was for your question17:21
persia____Fixing REVU for format 3.0 needs a working sparc kernel, mostly :)17:21
neversfeldeI am sorry, I  have a bad connection here, everything is very slow17:22
nixternal[VOTE] Christian Mangold MOTU Application17:22
MootBotPlease vote on:  Christian Mangold MOTU Application.17:22
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:22
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:22
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:22
persia____+1 : 2 cycles as productive ninja with wide universe scope17:23
MootBot+1 received from persia____. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:23
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:23
apacheloggerpersia____: revu is running sparc? scary...17:23
apacheloggerexplains a lot :P17:23
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:24
MootBot+1 received from cody-somerville. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 517:24
MootBot+1 received from soren. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 617:24
MootBotFinal result is 6 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 617:24
nixternalcongrats and welcome neversfelde17:24
neversfeldeThank you all17:24
apacheloggerneversfelde: congrats17:24
nixternal[TOPIC]Scott Moser PPU Application17:24
MootBotNew Topic: Scott Moser PPU Application17:24
MootBotLINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScottMoser/DeveloperApplicationPPU17:24
MootBotLINK received: https://edge.launchpad.net/~smoser17:24
smoserHi, My name is Scott Moser (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScottMoser/DeveloperApplicationPPU).  I'm a member of the Ubuntu Server team, and have ben active fixing bugs and maintaining some of the "cloud" packages in ubuntu, and have done bug fixes and some new packaging on general server packages.  I'm in charge of producing our EC2/UEC images.  Hopefully, if someone is using "Ubuntu" on EC2, they're using these images or s17:25
smosertarting from them.17:25
smoserI'm applying for PPU access to cloud-init, cloud-utils, ec2-ami-tools, ec2-api-tools, euca2ools, eucalyptus, python-boto, vm-builder.  For each of these packages I have support from the ubuntu maintainer for this application, and am the primary 'upstream' developer of native-ish packages cloud-init and cloud-utils.17:25
* smoser hears crickets17:27
sorenHeh :)17:28
nixternalheh, trying to dig up a question :)17:28
sorenI'm just ready to vote :)17:28
nixternalsmoser: seems you and I have that same 'proctrastination' bug as we are used to longer dev cycles elsewhere...have you done anything to fix that?17:29
smoserbeen whacked on the head17:29
persia____smoser: From your experience coordingating AMI image release, what parts of the release process did you find most awkward?17:29
smoseri guess that the work item tracker has probabply helped a bit17:29
nixternalie. i started using some GTD methods to help, I use task by taskwarrior.org and share the backend files via dropbox for all machines, including my droid...that helps me a lot now17:30
nixternaltask is cli and is the greatest GTD app in the world!17:30
smosernixternal, the work item tracker is gtd-ish tool.  i havent adopted anything else.17:30
gesersmoser: should the "server edition" have a different (longer) release schedule than the "desktop"?17:30
smoserpersia____, regardin the release... the thing i dislike the most is not having a consistent set of packages across all releases (isos or images).17:31
cody-somervilleI'm ready to vote.17:31
nixternallol, me too cody-somerville :)17:31
cjwatsonsmoser: not having a consistent set of packages - expand?17:32
smoserit would seem ideal to me if there was a snapshot point in time for all releases, rather than the kind of rolling snapshot that we end up with (as some isos have bugs found, others do not, we do not re-spin all to pick up fixes and re-test)17:32
cjwatsonoh I see, right17:32
cjwatsonyeah, nasty compromises17:32
smosergeser, i dont think server should have longer release schedule17:33
smoseri think 6 month releases are one of the major reasons why people come to ubuntu17:33
smoserat least it was for me.17:33
persia____smoser: Heh.  You pick one where there's so many people working on ways to resolve it that I can't usefully pinck your brain :)17:33
* persia____ has no other questions17:33
cjwatsonme neither17:34
nixternal[VOTE] Scott Moser PPU Application17:34
MootBotPlease vote on:  Scott Moser PPU Application.17:34
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:34
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:34
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:34
smoseri very much like the dream of "make all archive" being reproducible at any given point in time.17:34
MootBot+1 received from soren. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:34
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:34
cjwatsonsmoser: I would love to have archive snapshots in LP - been on the wishlist for a long time, that17:34
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:34
MootBot+1 received from cody-somerville. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 517:35
MootBot+1 received from persia____. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 617:35
MootBotFinal result is 6 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 617:35
nixternalcongrats smoser !!!17:36
smoserwoohoo, now to brussels. thank you all.17:36
cjwatsonagain, will implement after meeting17:36
nixternaldobey: you around?17:36
nixternal[TOPIC] Rodney Dawes PPU Application17:36
MootBotNew Topic:  Rodney Dawes PPU Application17:36
MootBotLINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RodneyDawes/DeveloperApplication17:36
cjwatson(the other two PPU candidates are in the room here at UDS)17:37
MootBotLINK received: https://edge.launchpad.net/~dobey17:37
cjwatsonI'm curious whether our art teams make use of icontol17:38
cjwatsonand if so whether it ought to be in main?17:38
dobeyit is used by ubuntuone-client17:39
* soren has to leave in a little bit17:39
cjwatsonin the upstream release prep process or something?17:39
dobeyi'd like to get more artists using the tools and improving them as well though17:39
dobeyyes, to generate the PNG icons from the SVG17:40
cjwatsonok, then I think we should get it into main; but this is probably a side issue from your app ...17:40
dobeyi am fine with that :)17:40
cjwatson... any substantive questions?17:41
persia____dobey: You seem also active upstream for a couple of these packages.  Could you share your experiences with the Ubuntu freeze cycles and how that affects work planning?17:41
nixternali am waiting for ubuntuone to work with a) Kubuntu (this release hopefully right apachelogger?) and b) android...and having a bit more than 2GB of storage for me would be helpful, as I am up to 6GB with dropbox and invites :)17:42
cjwatsonwe probably shouldn't hold dobey responsible for commercial aspects of u117:42
dobeysure. the karmic cycle was a bit difficult as the lp milestones don't reflect the actual freeze dates, but the milestones instead17:42
cjwatsonoh, that's an interesting point about milestones17:43
cjwatsonI wonder if we should change that17:43
geserdobey: as you mentioned not much experience with packaging, how complicated are the packages you want PPU upload rights and how comfortable do you feel yourself to understand with what's going on behind the scenes?17:43
nixternaldobey: are you planning on extending out from u1 in the future or are you happy with just uploading it for now?17:43
cjwatson(this is the first time I've seen that mentioned - I'm usually the one who creates the milestones since I'm typically the release team member who's still awake the day after release)17:43
dobeygeser: i have lots of experience with packaging, that was pitti's comment about debian packaging17:43
cjwatsondobey: if you could send me a mail about that as a reminder, I'd appreciate it17:44
dobeygeser: i am plenty confident though17:44
dobeycjwatson: will do17:44
cody-somervilleI'm ready to vote.17:44
* nixternal too17:44
dobeynixternal: yeah, i will work on others in the future, and apply approrpriately17:44
* persia____ is ready17:45
* soren has to leave right around now17:45
nixternal[VOTE] Rodney Dawes PPU Application17:45
MootBotPlease vote on:  Rodney Dawes PPU Application.17:45
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:45
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:45
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:45
MootBot+1 received from cody-somerville. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:45
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:45
MootBot+1 received from persia____. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:46
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 517:46
MootBot+1 received from soren. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 617:46
MootBotFinal result is 6 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 617:46
nixternalcongrats dobey !!!17:46
dobeythanks all!17:46
gesernot bad, voting done in 20 sec :)17:46
nixternalchad miller here?17:46
CardinalFangYes.  <- CHad17:46
nixternalahh, you are hiding :)17:46
apacheloggernixternal: I'll resign if I do not get u1-kde done17:46
CardinalFangOld Freenode nick.  Sorry.17:47
cjwatson"with(=against) KenVanDine" - *grin*, but can you expand on that?17:47
nixternal[TOPIC] Chad Miller PPU Application17:47
MootBotNew Topic:  Chad Miller PPU Application17:47
MootBotLINK received: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChadMiller/DeveloperApplication17:47
apacheloggernixternal: and apply for a job at the local apple reseller17:47
MootBotLINK received: https://edge.launchpad.net/~cmiller17:47
CardinalFangcjohnston, I'm only joking.  I bothered him too often about uploading, while he was busy with other things.  This is a reason I'm applying.17:47
nixternalapachelogger: you better! get it done that is, you already work for apple i thought :p17:47
apacheloggeryou mustn't talk about this in the public17:48
cjwatsonyeah, I heard quite a bit of "we're completely reliant on Ken to get things in" from online services a while back17:48
cody-somervilleCardinalFang, Did you ask Ken to endorse your application?17:48
CardinalFangcody-somerville, I did ping him on IRC twice, but got no response.17:49
CardinalFangA process question:  I may be interested in maintaining 'python-keyring' later, which is currently in Universe and I will soon request be pulled into Main.  Do I come back here, or do something else?17:49
* cjwatson attempts to prod ken on irc17:49
cjwatsonthe former17:49
geserCardinalFang: just curious: why did you retire from DD?17:50
cjwatsonsometimes we establish something like "you have permissions for all the printing stuff" and in that case we can add packages freely, but those seem a bit too disconnected for that17:50
nixternalcuz canonical paid more silly :p17:50
cjwatsonlast I checked Canonical didn't mind us being DDs ;-)17:50
CardinalFanggeser, I was not active.  I thought it best to give up my keyring-access to upload than let it sit and be a security problem.17:50
cody-somervilleCardinalFang, Is there anybody else that you've worked with on these packages that could have endorsed your application?17:51
nixternal"I like Python and long walks on the beach" - that is just wrong on so many levels! I am willing to bet you have that on your Dating profile as well :D17:51
* cjwatson goes to hunt down diffs17:51
CardinalFangcody-somerville, Hrm.  Not recently.  I worked with james_w with some of the early source-package branch of desktopcouch, but none of that since late last year.17:52
CardinalFangAnd I'm sure it wasn't memorable for him.17:53
nixternalCardinalFang: has a lot changed in your eyes in regards to packaging since you retired from DD? if so, have you kept up with it even though you weren't doing the whole packaging thing?17:54
cjwatsonthe lack of endorsements is a bit irregular, but I've looked over the uploaded diffs and personally I'd have sponsored any of those without qualms (well, except that I'd probably have suggested the use of patch tagging; relatively minor)17:54
cjwatsonCardinalFang: desktopcouch 0.6.4-0ubuntu1 looks like it was relatively late in the release process, just before final freeze; can you go into the reasons for that?17:56
CardinalFangI didn't keep up with debhelper and some of the other tools have evolved a bit, but I'm not surprised by anything.  I especially like some of the recipes in CDBS.17:56
persia____I'm a bit more concerned about the lack of *any* comments or endorsements, given the fairly short timeframe of activity, and in comparison to decisions taken at last meeting in similar circumstances.17:56
cjwatson(not an intrinsic criticism, just interested in the reasoning)17:56
nixternalyeah, i became a cdbs junky, but the new debhelper is a bit sexy17:56
cjwatsonhttp://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/dhstats.png - I know which adoption curve I want to be on17:57
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/dhstats.png - I know which adoption curve I want to be on17:57
* cjwatson rings the off-topic bell at himself17:57
cody-somervilleI'm ready to vote.17:58
CardinalFangcjwatson, there were several bugs that I couldn't reproduce that hit something like 3% of machines.  Usually netbooks.  It was some timing/race bug, I am pretty sure, with more than one start-request of couchdb.17:58
cjwatsonah, the thread->process change?17:58
cjwatsoncertainly no fan of multithreading here ...17:59
CardinalFangOh gods, don't bring that up.  No, I refer to something else.17:59
CardinalFangI *think* that two processes would try to start couchdb at session start, and one would fail.17:59
CardinalFangIn any case, a retry fixed it.17:59
* nixternal is ready to vote18:00
CardinalFangcjwatson, I didn't look up that version, so I'm working from my memory of the late upload to desktopcouch.18:00
* cjwatson tries not to get sucked into reading bug 53054118:00
ubottuLaunchpad bug 530541 in desktopcouch "desktopcouch-service crashed with RuntimeError in run_couchdb()" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/53054118:00
nixternal[VOTE] Chad Miller PPU Application18:01
MootBotPlease vote on:  Chad Miller PPU Application.18:01
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot18:01
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting18:01
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 118:01
persia____+0 : not enough history or comments/endorsements to be sure18:01
MootBotAbstention received from persia____. 1 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 118:01
cjwatson+1 - I wish Ken had responded, and normally that would make me +0, but in this particular case I had the time and opportunity to read through patches and convince myself of their sanity and such18:02
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 2 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 218:02
cody-somerville-1 No endorsements18:02
MootBot-1 received from cody-somerville. 2 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 118:02
geser+0 :  the same as persia18:02
MootBotAbstention received from geser. 2 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 118:02
MootBotFinal result is 2 for, 1 against. 2 abstained. Total: 118:02
nixternalwe need to take this to the list for stgraber and soren to vote on?18:02
persia____No.  At +1, two more votes can't reach threshold.18:03
nixternalahh, good point18:03
CardinalFangDang.  Okay.18:04
nixternalCardinalFang: in 2 weeks we will have another meeting...get ken and anyone else to comment on your app and come back...you might be down right now but you are far from out18:04
cjwatsonfour more votes could reach threshold given the two non-present folks, right?18:04
cjwatsonor am I confused?18:04
cody-somervilleCardinalFang, See if you can get endorsements from the folks who have a history maintaining those packages. Once you get that, I'm sure you'll have no trouble.18:04
cjwatsonnever mind, I was thinking there were nine board members18:05
CardinalFangWill do, cody-somerville.18:05
nixternalJamieBennett: you here?18:05
cjwatsonit doesn't look as if anyone had substantive comments; I would not anticipate problems if you can get Ken to pull his finger out and comment :-)18:05
nixternal[TOPIC] Jamie Bennett Contributing Developer Application18:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Jamie Bennett Contributing Developer Application18:05
cjwatsonhang on18:05
nixternal[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JamieBennett/UniverseContributorApplication18:05
cjwatsonwe're running into dinnertime here I'm afraid18:05
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JamieBennett/UniverseContributorApplication18:05
nixternal[LINK] https://edge.launchpad.net/~jamiebennett18:06
MootBotLINK received:  https://edge.launchpad.net/~jamiebennett18:06
cjwatsonand it's been two hours18:06
nixternalthis should be a quick easy one then we will adjourn?18:06
JamieBennettHi, my name is Jamie Bennett. I'm currently a member of the Ubuntu Mobile team concentrating on the ARM architecture.18:06
JamieBennettAlthough officially I work on ARM specific stuff, I do development on a wider scale.18:06
* persia____ is happy to chair next time18:07
JamieBennettI was responsible for the web office solution currently in Lucid (webservice-office-zoho) which is in main and is the default office solution on our ARM images.18:07
JamieBennettI also worked on the live-cd improvements which resulted in a ~35% boot speed-up (improving casper). Along with this I was responsible for pushing the netbook-launcher-efl interface into the images which is the default UI on ARM desktop.18:07
JamieBennettI concentrate on ARM enablement, optimizations, FTBFS fixes, testing and bug reporting/fixing.18:07
nixternali am trying to dig for a question here :)18:10
cody-somervilleJamieBennett, You seems to have quite the Canonical fan club :P18:10
JamieBennettI try to talk to alot of people18:10
ari-tczewwhat happens? meeting pause?18:11
ari-tczewdue to dinner?18:12
nixternalthere is seriously nothing that blatently screams, "Hey pick on this here, it needs work, let's see if we can get him there..."18:12
JamieBennettnixternal: good ;)18:12
nixternali seriously don't have any questions for this app, anyone else? I am ready to vote18:13
cody-somervillelets vote18:14
cody-somervilleI'm hungry and want to go eat.18:14
nixternalcody-somerville: are you at uds?18:14
nixternaldumb question, i know you are18:15
nixternalnevermind that18:15
nixternal[VOTE] Jamie Bennett Contributing Developer Application18:15
MootBotPlease vote on:  Jamie Bennett Contributing Developer Application.18:15
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot18:15
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting18:15
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 118:15
MootBotAbstention received from cody-somerville. 1 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 118:15
MootBot+1 received from persia____. 2 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 218:15
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 318:15
cjwatson+1 - after a bit of thought, keep on uploading stuff so that the decision is easier in future! :-)18:16
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 4 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 418:16
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 418:16
nixternaldo we need to send to the ml for more votes?18:18
nixternalor is this a congrats? did everyone leave who is at UDS?18:19
cjwatsonI don't think so, persia reckons 4 is the threshold18:19
nixternalso that is a congrats then?18:19
persia____I think so.18:19
nixternalcongrats! :)18:19
* persia____ heads for food18:19
cjwatsonwe are still here but dying to shovel in some food18:19
nixternal[TOPIC] Other Business18:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Business18:19
nixternal[ACTION] persia to chair next meeting18:19
MootBotACTION received:  persia to chair next meeting18:19
cjwatsonari-tczew: I think, regrettably, at this point we have just run out of steam and need to pause; would like to give your app proper consideration18:20
nixternal[ACTION] nixternal to do minutes18:20
MootBotACTION received:  nixternal to do minutes18:20
gesernixternal: don't let those at UDS die from hunger, we still need them :)18:20
cjwatsonI'm sorry that that means it's just you remaining - please don't take that the wrong way18:20
ari-tczewpause for some minutes?18:20
ari-tczewI'm waiting for 2 hours18:20
nixternalari-tczew: they are at UDS, it is 7PM there, they will eat then get drunk18:20
cjwatsonup to the chair, but I'm not expecting to be online again this evening; I don't know about anyone else18:21
cjwatsonnixternal: some maybe :) I'm ill and likely to go to bed early18:21
nixternalaww, that sucks18:21
* ari-tczew thinks that this is unfair18:21
cjwatsonpersia has already left18:21
cjwatsonoh wait, he's back18:21
nixternalari-tczew: i would love to get your app complete, but those at uds have to go eat and may not be back online tonight...if that is the case, then it would be just me to interview you, and then send your app to the mailing list, where it will get debated and questions asked...it will take the same amount of time than coming back at the next meeting...18:23
nixternalnothing i can really do, and I apologize for that18:23
ari-tczewI Dałem pierwszeństwo osobom niemającym czasu, a sam zostałem na lodzie.18:23
nixternalit may seem a bit unfair, but i think a bit of patience would be greatly appreciated, plus if you were to get MOTU today, nothing much for you to do right now anyways18:23
ari-tczewsorry, translate18:23
ari-tczewI gave priority to people not having time, and he was on the ice.18:23
cjwatsonI'm fine with working on the mailing list18:23
nixternalari-tczew: you would have still be last no matter who went first18:24
* cjwatson looks at the agenda order - quite18:24
cody-somervillenixternal, Can you add an item to the agenda for next meeting for the DMB to establish a time limit or max # of applicants we'll process in a single meeting?18:24
cjwatsonoh god, I still need to add PPUs to Launchpad as well18:25
nixternalcody-somerville: yeah, I would like to modify the way people are adding themselves for membership and maybe do the cutoff like we did for the RMB18:25
ari-tczewI wasted 2 hours, but this week I'm very busy and this time is necessary for me. thanks a lot!18:25
nixternalari-tczew: yeah, that isn't helping your cause, especially when one of the things on your app that says you need work with is patience18:25
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:25.18:25
nixternalok, i will do the team report, wiki page, and minutes email18:25
nixternalhave a great evening those of you at uds, and have a great rest of the day or whatever to everyone else! thanks!18:26
ari-tczewthis is frivolously18:26
ari-tczewwhen will be next meeting?18:27
cjwatson25th May18:29
cjwatsonwe could process an e-mail discussion more quickly than that though18:29
cjwatsonsame time18:29
ari-tczewI want to got priority for me next meeting18:31
cjwatsonI see no reason why you would not be first on the list18:31
cjwatsonI'll confirm this with persia (next chair) at dinner18:32
ari-tczewsome people add themselve applications after me18:32
geserari-tczew: we should add some sorting into the applications that those who applied first get handled first and not pushed back to the end of the agenda (or even the next meeting) because they apply for MOTU and core-dev and not for PPU or UUC18:48
ari-tczewgeser: so please sorting, because what you did today is due to disesteem people time (today me)18:51
zanzibar1982hi everyone18:52
geserari-tczew: we got lucky till now that we had only few applicants per meeting which could all be handled in one meeting (one hour). But unfortunately we had in the last two meetings more applicants than we could handle in even a 2 hour meeting :(18:54
ari-tczewgeser: I don't care about it, you are a DMB member not me. you moved me at end of queue and then kick my ass saying "sorry man, we're going eat and then relax, f|_|ck off". I feel disrespect me.18:59
=== ghostcube_ is now known as ghostcube
DrKenobiUbuntu Beginners Team Meeting today? 23 UTC?23:48
DrKenobi12 minutes for the meeting? I am a little bit confused with UTC23:48
man0riaX12:48am here. <:23:48
Silver_Fox_DrKenobi,  Open a terminal and enter the following command:  date -u23:49
Silver_Fox_It will tell you the current date and time in UTC format23:49
DrKenobigreat! thanks Silver_Fox_23:49
man0riaXOh, really cool command. Thank you23:50
man0riaXHi bodhi_zazen23:57

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!