=== nikolam_ is now known as nikolam
=== oubiwann_ is now known as oubiwann
=== nhandler_ is now known as nhandler
=== ajmitch_ is now known as ajmitch
=== AlanChicken is now known as AlanBell
=== lifeless_ is now known as lifeless
=== BlueT__ is now known as BlueT_
=== cody-somerville_ is now known as cody-somerville
happyaronWill Asia Oceania board meeting start in 10 minutes?10:51
ZachK_good morning all10:53
ZachK_BasicXP: ah hello10:54
Vantraxwho do we have from the board here?10:55
malamutme I think)10:55
Vantraxnot for the board to evaluate, members of the board10:56
malamuto! Then like previos meeting - nobody))10:56
malamutI hope it isn't so...10:57
Vantraxme too malamut10:57
* ZachK_ hopes the board will show10:57
happyaronhow many board member is required?10:57
happyaronfreeflying: ping, needs board member to start meeting, :)10:58
Vantraxnot so much to start, just need a few more to vote on anythin10:59
=== cody-somerville_ is now known as cody-somerville
* elky looks at the page and tilts head11:00
elkyAm I reading that right?11:00
Vantraxreadin what right?11:00
elkylooked at the applicant list?11:00
Vantraxwe have a few11:01
ajmitchelky: there aren't that many :)11:01
elkyRecognise any names?11:01
Vantraxwe may as well get started11:01
VantraxI do11:01
Vantrax one BIG name11:01
ajmitchnot at all...11:01
MootBotMeeting started at 05:01. The chair is Vantrax.11:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]11:01
freeflyingelky: can we do vote today?11:01
Vantraxsound off for the board, who do we have?11:01
freeflyingI saw a lot applicants on the list11:02
ZachK_four of the applicants don't seem to be here.....yet11:03
malamuthmm, sorry, I have some problems with english, but I'm here))11:03
happyaronZachK_: well, Destine and you are here, :)11:03
ZachK_check that...only three arn't11:03
DestineI am~11:03
elkyone can probably be summoned by twitter...11:04
ZachK_ah Destine you are indeed...missed you entirely11:04
Vantraxlets give it a few more minutes for a few more to come in11:04
Vantraxamachu is away today11:04
elkydo we have quorum though?11:04
Vantraxnot yet11:04
ajmitchlifeless may be lurking around still11:04
Vantraxim pretty sure its still 4 for quorum11:04
elkylifeless: hello?11:05
Vantraxcan other board memebers count for quorum?11:06
elkywe've done it numerous times11:06
Vantraxgood paultag gives us one more11:06
* ZachK_ hands paultag a cup o' java11:07
paultagAre we talking about ZachK_'s membership?11:07
Vantraxokies then11:07
Vantraxpaultag: were still making quorum, now that your here too we have enough11:07
Vantraxi think...11:07
elkypaultag, I dunno, is he being bribed with that cuppa? ;)11:07
paultagelky, >:D11:07
* ZachK_ doesn't bribe.....ever11:08
* ZachK_ was just being a good friend....11:08
paultagHey, I'll take a coffee bribe any day11:08
Vantraxajmitch: your on one of the other boards arent you?11:09
ajmitchVantrax: no11:09
elkyVantrax, he's a professional lurk.11:09
ajmitchused to be on motu council way back, but no longer :)11:09
Vantraxyeah, i thought that was the case11:09
Vantraxstill one short then11:09
* ajmitch just looked at IRC at the wrong time11:09
elkyVantrax, eh? you, me, freeflying, paultag?11:10
Vantraxoh yeah, freeflying >.<11:10
Vantraxmy bad11:10
Vantraxokies who was first Nasir Khan Saikat you around11:10
elkynot in the channel according to the nick he registered11:11
VantraxI know malamut is here11:11
elkymalamut is though11:11
elkyand we're already 10 mins in11:11
ZachK_all hail malamut!11:11
VantraxMalamut your up, give us your intro11:11
malamutwell, at fist sorry for my english...11:12
Vantraxlong as we can understand the english, its all fine. If not we can always ask for clarification. Give us a short intro on what you do in the Ubuntu community and why we should approve you for membership11:14
malamutI'm a one of active members of Russian Ubuntu Community. I live in Saint-Petersburg, Russia, work system administrator. I've helped users with Ubuntu since 7.10, now I try to garthe russian dokumentation on single site - help.ubuntu.ru11:14
malamutI'm an author of Russian Ubuntu Guide also11:15
jdub(hello, apologies for almost missing the meeting -- thanks to elky for poking me)11:15
VantraxYou run that whole site malamut?11:15
Vantrax[LINK] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-russian-guide11:16
MootBotLINK received:  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-russian-guide11:16
malamutWell, I'm a leder of Wiki team. And also help with DokuWiki and some technical questions11:16
malamutand I've made all structure, rules etc for this resource11:17
ZachK_very nice work my man11:17
VantraxQuestions anyone? Still working out google translate:P?11:17
ZachK_I'm reading the lp page right now translated to english via google chrome's translator11:18
VantraxHappy to vote?11:18
elkyVantrax, not yet11:18
malamutthere is on-line version of guide at http://help.ubuntu.ru/manual11:18
elkymalamut, do you have much to do with the IRC channel for the team?11:19
malamutno, I don't use IRC, I only helps peoples at russian ubuntu forum11:20
elkymalamut, ah ok then. No further question from me.11:20
elkyVantrax, ready when you are.11:21
wzssyqamalamut: no more works to show us>11:21
elkyIs anyone here to cheer for malamut?11:21
malamutwell, all is on my wiki page. I think, I've said about major11:21
Vantraxeveryone happy to vote?11:22
elkyYep. Want to prod the bot?11:23
MootBotPlease vote on: .11:23
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot11:23
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting11:23
MootBot+1 received from elky. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 111:23
MootBot+1 received from Vantrax. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 211:23
Vantrax<make that vote on malamut for membership>11:23
* Vantrax prods people to vote11:24
BasicXPshould I vote?11:24
Vantraxonly if your on an RMB11:24
MootBot+1 received from freeflying. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 311:24
BasicXPoh ok, not me :)11:25
MootBot+1 received from paultag. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 411:25
elkymalamut, congratulations.11:25
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 411:25
freeflyingMootBot: congrats11:25
malamutthank you!11:25
paultagmalamut, well done :)11:26
happyaronmalamut: congrats!11:26
paultagmalamut, 'grats11:26
Agafonovmalamut: \o/11:26
Destinemalamut, congrats11:26
VantraxOkies jdub... give us the short version:P11:26
jdubgood morning11:26
takdirsorry i'm late :(11:26
jdubi'm renewing, so not sure how detailed this needs to be :-)11:26
jdubsalient details on the wiki page of course11:26
elkyjdub, aww... only "good morning" now?11:26
ajmitchno freedom lovers here?11:27
* elky ^5's ajmitch11:27
Vantraxpersonally im ready to vote, but...11:27
jdubi'm mostly renewing because i started a new blog about the devel branch11:27
elkyjdub, we can just turn this in to a pick on jdub meeting if you like :D11:27
freeflyingits remind us maybe we shall have a renew process11:27
ajmitchjdub: it's a nice summary of changes you're doing there :)11:28
jduband have been enjoying my ppa enough that i should really start pushing those somewhere more useful ;-)11:28
jdubam i missing anything that should be covered?11:29
elkyYou still haven't finished your greeting.11:29
Vantraxunless someone has an objection... ill start the vote, paultag has a time constraint11:29
elkyVantrax, go for it.11:30
Vantrax[VOTE] jdub for membership renewal11:30
MootBotPlease vote on:  jdub for membership renewal.11:30
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot11:30
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting11:30
MootBot+1 received from elky. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 111:30
MootBot+1 received from Vantrax. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 211:30
MootBot+1 received from freeflying. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 311:30
MootBot+1 received from takdir. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 411:30
freeflyingjdub: welcome back :)11:30
jdubthanks everyone :-)11:30
elkyoh, we have a 5th here now, we don't need paultag anymore.11:30
happyaronjdub: :)11:31
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 411:31
elkyjdub, welcome back dude.11:31
VantraxWoo, thanks for staying paultag11:31
Vantraxwelcome back jdub11:31
VantraxDestine you still idling here?11:31
ajmitchjdub: welcome back11:32
DestineHi, good evening from China.11:32
DestineI am Eleanor Chen, and I am one of the leading members in Ubuntu China LoCo11:32
DestineMost of my contributions are in the field of l10n and loco event.11:33
Destineplease refer to my wiki:https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EleanorChen11:33
VantraxGreat testimonials btw11:33
Destinei hosted the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Release Party in Beijing China few weeks ago11:34
DestineVantrax, thx.11:34
Destinealso, i translated and rewrote the Ubuntu Desktop Course's Chinese Edition11:35
DestineI have done a lot of promotions since i was in senior high.11:35
elkyNone from me.11:37
VantraxWhat do you plan on doing after getting Ubuntu membership, what do you want your future involvment in Ubuntu to be?11:37
DestineVantrax, since i am a girl, my first concern would be try to promote it among women.11:37
Vantraxare you a member of Ubuntu Women?11:38
DestineVantrax, in Launchpad, yes.11:38
elkyDestine, \o/11:38
Vantraxinvolved with them at all? or still getting started11:38
DestineVantrax, getting started, i need sometime to do prepare work for starting it in China.11:39
VantraxWe can point you in the right direction11:39
VantraxUnless there are any other questions, lets vote11:40
DestineVantrax, thx.11:40
Vantraximo elky and pleia2 are good places to start talking about that, elky would have a better idea:P11:40
Vantrax[VOTE] Destine for Ubuntu Membership11:41
MootBotPlease vote on:  Destine for Ubuntu Membership.11:41
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot11:41
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting11:41
ZachK_Vantrax: dont' forget akgraner as she's part of that too11:41
takdirDestine have a good wiki and testimonial too11:41
MootBot+1 received from Vantrax. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 111:41
MootBot+1 received from elky. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 211:41
MootBot+1 received from freeflying. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 311:41
MootBot+1 received from takdir. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 411:41
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 411:41
freeflyingDestine: congrats11:41
VantraxWell done Destine11:42
happyaronDestine: congrat!11:42
ZachK_congrats Destine11:42
DestineThank you.11:42
DestineThank you all.11:42
VantraxOk, ZachK_ thanks for waiting patiently. Your up11:42
ZachK_Vantrax: thanks11:42
ZachK_Ok Zach is the name...started using Ubuntu when 8.04 was still Beta...had no idea what to do or where to get started so I looked into the Ubuntu Beginners Team11:43
ZachK_I've now been part of that team for almost a year and since that time I've become a mentor for that team, I lead a Wiki Team, and I have been working with the Ubuntu Weekly News project11:43
ZachK_https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZachK_ is my wiki page which will list more of what i do...11:44
ZachK_I also do a lot of IRC...helping in the #Ubuntu channel as well as the BT channels, and i try to hit the forums as much as possible11:44
* ZachK_ is open to any and all questions11:45
VantraxWhats next for you?11:45
ZachK_Well my future goals are to continue helping the new users to linux...I also want to learn how to code using Python/Java and I aim to learn how to Triage Bugs on Launchapd11:46
ZachK_Figured if I am really good at the Wiki/Doc markup python is a logical step forward...plus python is just cool11:47
VantraxAnyone here to cheer for ZachK_11:48
* kermiac cheers for ZachK_11:49
kermiache does some awesome work in the UB Team11:49
Vantraxpaultag was unable to stay but he sent this to me earlier: <paultag> Vantrax, I endorse ZachK_'s work on the UBT ( Ubuntu Beginners Team ) totally. He has shown real drive and motivation with regards to leading our Wiki team. I thought for sure that ZachK_ would have quit the team in the first month. I tend to see a lot of people who are "over-motivated", and they don't last long. ZachK_ proved me wrong. I was 100% off11:49
Vantraxbase, and I had no idea that drive was just they way ZachK_ works.11:49
VantraxIll add my own endorsement to that from watchin him grow as part of the team over the last eyar11:49
ZachK_thanks Vantrax11:50
ZachK_my wiki page also lists testimonials from the likes of akgraner and joeb454 also swoody11:50
VantraxAnyone else have a question for ZachK_ or ready to vote11:51
elkybring on the votes11:51
Vantrax[VOTE] ZachK_ for Ubuntu Membership11:51
MootBotPlease vote on:  ZachK_ for Ubuntu Membership.11:51
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot11:51
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting11:51
MootBot+1 received from Vantrax. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 111:51
MootBot+1 received from freeflying. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 211:51
MootBot+1 received from elky. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 311:52
MootBot+1 received from takdir. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 411:52
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 411:52
VantraxWell done ZachK_11:52
kermiaccongratulations ZachK_!!11:52
ZachK_thanks very much all11:53
DestineZachK_, congrats11:53
Vantraxcongrats to everyone11:53
ZachK_thanks very much and congrats to the other new members11:53
VantraxEmail will go out to the news team tonight or tomorrow to let everyone know11:53
* ejat sorry late join ... 11:54
elkyVantrax, thanks for chairing11:54
VantraxOkies last call for nasirkhan11:54
ZachK_he's not here11:54
VantraxOne last time, Amachu no longer has the time/will to be the Secretary for the board11:54
elkynickserv doesn't even know the nick, so...11:55
Vantraxer item not time11:55
ZachK_elky: sounds like he gave up maybe?11:55
elkyZachK_, it's not registered11:55
ZachK_elky: hmm11:55
VantraxI volunteered to take over, unless anyone has any objection or would like to do it?11:56
ZachK_Vantrax: what's the Secretarial duties?11:56
Vantraxyou have to be on the board ZachK_:P11:56
elkyVantrax, you did a good job tonight, no objection here11:56
ibuclawo/ Vantrax11:56
elkyVantrax, you also have better connectivity than amachu :)11:56
VantraxYou add the new members, chair the meeting, and send out the emails11:56
* ejat also no objection 11:56
* ZachK_ thinks Vantrax would be a great secretary11:57
takdir+1 for secretary :)11:57
Vantraxokies, ill update the wiki page and get that email out.11:57
ZachK_+1 for Vantrax secretary11:58
freeflyingVantrax: thx11:58
Vantraxthanks for coming everyone, grats again to all the new members11:58
ejat!ping jdub ..11:58
ubottuError: I am only a bot, please don't think I'm intelligent :)11:58
MootBotMeeting finished at 05:58.11:58
ZachK_I do have a question...what about the factoid thing?11:58
ZachK_I mean hostname11:58
elkycloaks? you ask in #ubuntu-irc11:59
BasicXPyou guys reminded me to ask for a cloak too :) thx!12:00
ZachK_thanks elky...do i just say i'm now an ubuntu member? that seems kinda easy to claim12:00
Vantraxyour email will take a little while12:00
VantraxZachK_: your added to the group on launchpad, thats harder to fake12:00
ZachK_Vantrax: i got the Launchpad one so true12:00
elkyZachK_, launchpad will confirm for you, so show them your launchpad url12:00
ejatwelcome back to jdub12:00
Vantraxyour email will be whatever the launchpad login is12:00
ZachK_thanks again all12:00
freeflyingVantrax: so we done today?12:00
Vantraxyep, thats it12:01
ZachK_thanks all..12:01
* ZachK_ out to do more wiki stuff12:01
Vantraxyou are released to your beds, dinner, family, gaming... whatever:P12:01
jdubthanks ejat12:02
jdubbye all12:03
ejathmm .. jdub leave already .. still remember jdub bad experience when come to MY :( ..12:04
elkyejat, he's most responsive on twitter these days12:06
ejatyeah ...12:07
lifelessbah sorry guys, getting adjusted to the right sTZ :(12:29
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann_
=== oubiwann_ is now known as ouniwann
elkylifeless, that's ok, we managed13:49
MootBotMeeting started at 08:00. The chair is NCommander.14:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]14:00
NCommanderping ogra, dyfet, GrueMaster,14:00
mpoiriero/ good morning.14:01
NCommandermorning GrueMaster14:01
ograhey mpoirier14:01
mpoirierhey ogra.14:02
* NCommander suspects this is going tobe a short meeting14:02
* ogra wonders if we get a link from NCommander 14:02
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/2010060814:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/2010060814:02
NCommander[topic] Action Items from June 1th, 201014:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Action Items from June 1th, 201014:02
NCommander[topic]GrueMaster to assemble list on what SRU is going on with kernel team14:03
MootBotNew Topic: GrueMaster to assemble list on what SRU is going on with kernel team14:03
ograpoor GrueMaster14:03
ograwerent there c/o's from the former meeting too ?14:03
* ogra doesnt see them14:03
GrueMasterJust a sec.  Still loading my brain.14:04
NCommanderugh, we'll be here for awhile then  :-/14:04
GrueMasterOk, on dove we have bug 509006.14:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 509006 in linux-mvl-dove (Ubuntu Lucid) "[dove] hibernation failed to resume" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50900614:04
GrueMasterOn imx51 we have bug 559065 and bug 571192.14:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 559065 in linux-fsl-imx51 (Ubuntu Lucid) "ifconfig eth0 down will cause system hang after fec.c driver update" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/55906514:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 571192 in linux-fsl-imx51 (Ubuntu Lucid) "suspend/resume is currently broken on imx51" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57119214:05
ograNCommander, i see build-timeout discussion, and the linbnih/upstart issues on the c/o list but not on this weeks actions14:05
NCommanderargh oops14:05
ogra(and response to davidms mail, but he's not here anyway)14:05
ograi expect c/o's anyway for everything, but we should not lose them14:06
ograGrueMaster, was the dsecond bug not depending on the first one ?14:06
NCommanderogra: fixed14:06
NCommanderc/o on all three for me14:07
ograno complaints14:07
ograGrueMaster, were there no dove bugs ?14:07
NCommander[topic]  * NCommander to discuss build timeout with lamont14:07
NCommander * NCommander to poke Keybuk on libnih14:07
NCommander * Entire team to respond to davidm's email on meeting times14:07
MootBotNew Topic:   * NCommander to discuss build timeout with lamont14:07
GrueMasterNot sure.  I do know that both bug 509006 and bug 559065 have tested patches that have not been released.14:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 509006 in linux-mvl-dove (Ubuntu Lucid) "[dove] hibernation failed to resume" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50900614:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 559065 in linux-fsl-imx51 (Ubuntu Lucid) "ifconfig eth0 down will cause system hang after fec.c driver update" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/55906514:07
NCommander[topic] Standing Items14:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Standing Items14:07
NCommander[link] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile.html14:08
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile.html14:08
ograwe're above trend14:08
ograwe should do something about it :)14:08
ograpreferably before friday (release meeting)14:08
ograwe need to get 6-10 items done before that14:09
NCommanderI'm blocked on cjwatson on subarch detection, but thats relatively quick to implement once he can review my design14:09
ograto get below trend again14:09
NCommanderARM softbootloader remains the same as usual14:09
ograNCommander, but you made a lot progress on image building14:09
ograwe should be able to close two to three items there14:09
ogradyfet, how about you ? you have some very simple items on the imagebuilds without root spec14:10
NCommanderogra: not quite yet. post-boot-* stuff still isn't fully done.14:10
ograNCommander, the missing bits are really trivial14:10
ograshould be doable before fri.14:10
NCommanderogra: ah, yes14:10
GrueMasterI'll see if I can't get a test plan into iso.tracker for the preinstalled-sd-card-images-for-omap bp this week.14:10
ograi should be ready to provide a locally built image with jasper today or tomorrow14:11
NCommanderGrueMaster: excellent14:11
ograso you can play with something14:11
ograthe bad stuff about these images is that you have to dd them newly for each test14:11
ograthats a bit time consuming14:11
NCommander[topic] Kernel Status (cooloney, mpoirier)14:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Status (cooloney, mpoirier)14:12
mpoirieromap4 kernel ?14:12
ograwe're waiting for TI on that one14:12
ograndec isnt here though14:12
mpoirieryes indeed.14:12
NCommanderogra: I pinged him on it14:12
ograi know cooloney is working to integrate the panda patches into his PPA omap4 build14:12
ograNCommander, did you mail him as requested (right after last meeting)14:13
ograso he actually knows about the meeting14:13
NCommanderogra: I don't remember, although I remember talking to him on IRC14:14
ograNCommander, please mail him *NOW*14:14
ograso he can adjust for next week at least14:14
ogrampoirier, we have one XM bug with the omap3 kernel14:15
mpoirierI'm currently fighting an SD card bug.14:15
ogrado you know who in the omap team on kernel side has an XM ?14:15
* ogra thinks he remembers lag14:15
ograand there are bugs with the metapackage14:16
mpoiriernop, no XM to the extent of my knowledge.14:16
mpoirierI'll double check though.14:16
ograit still pulls in the lucid kernel14:16
ograi need to file them :P14:16
mpoirieryes please.14:16
* ogra thinks thats all for kernel given cooloney isnt here 14:17
NCommander[topic] QA Status (GrueMaster)14:17
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Status (GrueMaster)14:17
ograi'll test our maverick omap3 kernel on the touchbook soon, but i dont expect it to actually work14:17
ograi think we had QA above somehow :)14:18
ograanything additionally GrueMaster ?14:18
GrueMasterNothing to report here.  No new bugs that I have seen in the packages.14:18
ogradid you test maverick already ?14:18
GrueMasterSame old bugs still exist though.14:18
ograi bet there are a ton :)14:18
GrueMasterSomewhat.  I am doing daily package updates.14:18
ograwow, and nothing serious ?14:19
GrueMasterf-spot still crashes the same way, even though it has a new release.14:19
ograpfft f-spot14:20
ograafaik the desktop team plans to replace it ?14:20
GrueMasterI did not know that.14:20
* ogra isnt sure thats a roumor though14:20
ograask them :)14:20
ogra-> #ubuntu-desktop is that way :)14:20
GrueMasterlater, when I've had more caffeine.14:21
ogranot that we should stop caring about f-spot, but if they replace it i wont cry :)14:21
ograNCommander, move ?14:21
NCommander[topic] ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:21
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:22
NCommander(sorry, got a phone call I had to answer)14:22
ogradyfet, any news ?14:22
ograanything for us to sponsor14:22
NCommander(sorry, back, had to take this case)14:23
ograthats fine14:23
ograseems we lost dyfet14:24
NCommander[topic] ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)14:25
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)14:25
ogralooks good :)14:25
ograjasper doesnt though14:25
NCommander(sorry, back fully now, that was my vet)14:26
ograbut i think we should have images ready real soon14:26
* ogra is trying to debug jasper atm, it does resize the partitions but not the filesystems for some reason14:26
ograonce thats done and once NCommander has finished the debian-cd scripts we should be good14:27
ograthere is a minor change to livecd-rootfs pending14:27
ograthats all from me for images14:27
ograNCommander, anything from you ?14:27
NCommanderw.r.t. to d-cd code, its most there, with some last odds and evens, but its coming together14:27
NCommanderand I'm going to turn my phone off whenever we have a meeting14:28
ograwe should have images by end of the week, latest start of next week14:28
* NCommander knocks on wood14:28
NCommander[topic] Any Other Business14:28
MootBotNew Topic:  Any Other Business14:28
ograi'll be at LT from thu to sat so i probably cant merge the bits to make it this week14:28
ogradepends if we manage to land all pieces tomorrow14:29
ograi have one organisational AOB for NCommander14:29
* NCommander hides14:29
ograthe release meeting preparation meeting was somehow set to the same time we have a call on fridays14:29
ograare you ok with moving it before that call ?14:30
* NCommander looks at google cal14:30
ograi dont want to prepare release reports during a customer call :)14:30
NCommanderyeah, we can move that an hour back14:30
* NCommander isn't thrilled at getting up early, but not a lot we can do14:30
ograyeah, during call is surely bad14:31
ograand the meeting is directly after the call14:31
NCommanderogra: ndec just got emailed14:31
NCommandercan I close it out?14:31
ograone announcement !14:31
NCommanderguess not14:31
ograwe are being renamed !14:31
ograwe're the "arm" team now14:31
ogranot mobile anymore14:31
NCommanderGreat. Now I just sent an email with the wrong team name in it14:32
* NCommander headthunks14:32
ograi'll walk through launchpad groups etc once david is back14:32
ogralets keep mobile until david is back14:32
ograit needs a lot organizational changes i suspect14:32
NCommanderworks for me.14:32
ograalso what do we do with #ubuntu-mobile ?14:32
ograredirect it ?14:33
ograleave it idling ?14:33
* ogra wishes persia was here 14:33
NCommanderogra: we won't have persia for another two weeks14:33
ograhe loves such restructuring stuff14:33
NCommander(aren't Japanese holidays great?)14:33
ogradidnt you think about moving out of the US ?14:33
ograseems a good place to live14:34
NCommanderI got blocked by familial requirements14:34
NCommanderVery expensive place to live14:34
NCommanderStill looking to move to Europe in due time though14:34
ograanyway, lets close the meeting14:34
NCommanderI think we can close it out14:34
MootBotMeeting finished at 08:34.14:34
NCommandertwo weeks of fast meetings14:35
NCommanderI can get used to this14:35
ograwell, the team got a lot smaller14:35
=== ouniwann is now known as oubiwann
micahgis there a DMB meeting?16:05
barryshould be i think16:05
BlackZmicahg: yeah, it should16:05
BlackZbut still not started16:05
stgrabercjwatson and soren both said they won't be able to attend16:06
stgraberI don't see cody or persia around on the channel16:07
stgrabernixternal: ping16:07
stgrabergeser: ping16:07
BlackZstgraber: cody is crashed - ping timeout16:07
micahgpersia is on vacation I think16:07
barryguess it's not happening then :/16:07
stgraber(I'll only be able to attend until :30 as I mentioned on our mailing list, after that I may try on a 3G connection but it didn't work that well last time)16:08
stgraberyeah, we won't have quorum it seems ...16:08
stgraberIIRC we need 4 to have quorum in the DMB16:08
stgraberand so far I'm the only one around ;)16:08
stgraberI'll be staying around on IRC in case 3 others show up at the last minute but I wouldn't be too optimistic, sorry16:09
barryi'm only available until :50, but i guess if they don't show up fairly soon, it's not happening16:10
* micahg just wanted to follow up about package set16:10
nixternalstgraber: hola16:15
=== issyl0_ is now known as issyl0
* geser is here16:21
BlackZso the DMB meeting will not start?16:28
geserwithout quorum that doesn't make much sense as we would need to defer any votings16:31
BlackZ<stgraber> I'll be staying around on IRC in case 3 others show up at the last minute but I wouldn't be too optimistic, sorry16:32
stgrabergot to go16:33
geserI count current 3 DMB members and with 3 others definitely not being here the chances to reach quorum aren't that big16:33
BlackZgeser: why 3?16:33
geserBlackZ: nixternal, stgraber and geser16:34
BlackZI thought cody-somerville was around, so I'm wrong, sorry16:35
geserat least his client is here16:36
geserCody can't attend either16:39
geserso it definitely no quorum today, sorry16:39
barryoh well, i guess we'll see you in 2 weeks ;)16:40
micahgthanks anyways geser16:45
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
ubottuCurrent time in Etc/UTC: June 08 2010, 16:43:5217:43
* jjohansen fades in17:59
* manjo zooms in17:59
* JFo adjusts jjohansen's levels :)18:00
* apw drops in with a thunmp18:00
* cking arrives \o/18:00
cnd /o\18:00
* ogasawara waves18:00
* cnd is cowering in fear18:00
JFoI wondered18:00
lag  ___ ___         .__  .__18:01
lag /   |   \   ____ |  | |  |   ____18:01
lag\    Y    /\  ___/|  |_|  |_(  <_> )18:01
lag \___|_  /  \___  >____/____/\____/18:01
lag       \/       \/18:01
* manjo sips coffee18:01
* apw slaps lag18:01
* lag giggles18:01
MootBotMeeting started at 12:02. The chair is bjf.18:02
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]18:02
* manjo sips coffee18:02
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:02
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick18:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick18:02
bjf# NOTE: '..' indicates that you are finished with your input.18:02
bjf[TOPIC] Release Metrics: (JFo)18:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Release Metrics: (JFo)18:02
=== sconklin1 is now known as sconklin
JFoRelease Meeting Bugs (0 bugs, 13 Blueprints)18:02
JFo==== Alpha 2 Milestoned Bugs (5) ====18:02
JFo * 1 linux kernel bugs (up 1)18:02
JFo==== Release Targeted Bugs (50 across all packages (up 10)) ====18:02
JFo * 3 linux kernel bugs (down 2)18:02
JFo=== Milestoned Features ====18:02
JFo * 14 blueprints18:02
JFo*** NOTE: This listing includes HWE Blueprints***18:02
JFo==== Bugs with Patches Attached:122 (down 6 from last week) ====18:02
JFo * https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.has_patch=on18:02
JFo * Breakdown by status:18:02
JFo   http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/csv-stats/bugs-with-patches/linux/18:02
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-apparmor (jjohansen)18:03
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-apparmor18:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-apparmor (jjohansen)18:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-apparmor18:03
jjohansenstarted cross testing of compatibility patch and found some errors that need to fixed before it can be pulled in.  Will try to get that cleaned up today so we can pull in the latest version, and send it upstream.18:03
jjohansenCaching patch fix - no progress still sitting on the back burner behind cold, compatibility patch, and EC2.18:03
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-firewire-stack (manjo)18:04
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-firewire-stack18:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-firewire-stack (manjo)18:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-firewire-stack18:04
manjonothing to report at this time18:04
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-misc (apw)18:04
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-misc18:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-misc (apw)18:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-misc18:04
apwThe two items slipped out of Alpha-1 are still outstanding, though neither is a release task.  The debian commonisation is currently progressing with Karmic master being retrofitted currently.  We expect to have Karmic and Lucid master both complete by Wednesday, ready for test uploads.18:04
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-new-kernel-on-lts (tgardner)18:05
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-new-kernel-on-lts18:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-new-kernel-on-lts (tgardner)18:05
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-new-kernel-on-lts18:05
tgardnerThe Lucid LTS backport kernel is tracking Maverick at http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ppa/ubuntu.18:05
tgardnerThe current kernel and meta versions are linux-maverick-2.6.35-1.1~lucid1 and linux-meta-lts-backport-maverick-
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-pv-ops-ec2-kernel (jjohansen)18:05
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-pv-ops-ec2-kernel18:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-pv-ops-ec2-kernel (jjohansen)18:05
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-pv-ops-ec2-kernel18:05
jjohansenpv-ops kernel has so far not been working out, and I am following up with Amazon.18:05
jjohansenStarted looking at fallback plan 1 of pv-on-HVM driver but I haven't been able to successfully build them yet (failing in the ballon driver atm).  I need to test building them on an older stock kernel yet.18:05
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-tracing-support (cnd)18:06
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-tracing-support18:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-tracing-support (cnd)18:06
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-tracing-support18:06
cndI sent a patch upstream for relative source paths for perf probe, waiting on feedback18:06
cndI took a closer look at trace-cmd and kernelshark18:06
cndI'm not convinced quite yet that we really need kernelshark18:07
cndso I may just package up trace-cmd when I get the chance18:07
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-ubuntu-delta-review (ogasawara)18:07
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-ubuntu-delta-review18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-ubuntu-delta-review (ogasawara)18:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-ubuntu-delta-review18:07
ogasawaraI own the majority of the Alpha2 work items so will start closing those out shortly.18:07
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-union-mounts (apw)18:08
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-union-mounts18:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-union-mounts (apw)18:08
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-union-mounts18:08
apwWaiting on testing from Foundations from updated kernels.  As part of the roll forward to v2.6.35-rc1 we have had to update AUFS2 as it no longer built.  We expect to have to update it again before v2.6.35 final regardless of whether union-mounts make it.18:08
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bug-handling (jfo)18:08
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bug-handling18:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bug-handling (jfo)18:08
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bug-handling18:08
JFoGood progress on the wiki. There is now a Todo located at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/WikiToDo and a wiki gardening guide at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/WikiGardening Please use these references when working on the wiki pages.18:08
JFoThanks to apw for getting those up and going18:09
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-upstart (apw)18:09
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-upstart18:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-upstart (apw)18:09
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-upstart18:09
apwWe have patches pending for the remaining Alpha-1 deliverable, waiting on testing from Foundations.  We have also pulled forward the 'readahead was used' patches from Lucid testing to Maverick and pushed those to a further PPA for testing.18:09
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-reducing-dkms-packages-required-for-hardware-enablement (cking)18:10
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-reducing-dkms-packages-required-for-hardware-enablement18:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-reducing-dkms-packages-required-for-hardware-enablement (cking)18:10
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-reducing-dkms-packages-required-for-hardware-enablement18:10
ckingOutcome was that "Tiger team" to discuss this to be set up by awe18:10
ckingBlueprint probably should be closed18:10
apwlets close it off and get it off the meeting18:10
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation (cking)18:10
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation18:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation (cking)18:10
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation18:10
ckingAdded the following functionality to the firmware test suite:18:10
cking  ACPI MCFG table test18:10
cking  MTRR tests18:10
cking  HPET sanity checks18:10
cking  Simple Fan tests18:10
cking  ACPI FADT table checks18:10
cking  Simple Battery tests18:10
cking  PCI Max Read Req sanity check18:10
cking  BIOS EBDA check18:10
cking  Add in e820 region checking18:11
cking  Generalised list handling18:11
cking  Fix iasl + pipe I/O bug18:11
cking  Re-organise lib headers18:11
bjf[TOPIC] Status: Maverick (ogasawara)18:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Maverick (ogasawara)18:11
ogasawaraWe uploaded the 2.6.35-1.1 kernel which rebased us to 2.6.35-rc1.  I'll be uploading 2.6.35-2.2 within the hour.  This will rebase us to 2.6.35-rc2.  Please test if you are able to.18:11
ogasawaraAlso, just a general reminder that Alpha 2 is Thurs July 1 (ie ~3weeks from today) so make sure you're on track with any work items that need doing.18:11
bjf[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)18:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)18:12
bjfDapper:      2.6.15-55.84  (security)18:12
bjfHardy:       2.6.24-28.70  (security)18:12
bjfJaunty:      2.6.28-19.61  (security)18:12
bjfKarmic:      2.6.31-22.60  (security)18:12
bjf - mvl-dove  2.6.31-214.28 (security)18:12
bjf - fsl-imx51 2.6.31-112.28 (security)18:12
bjf - ec2       2.6.31-307.15 (security)18:12
bjfLucid:       2.6.32-22.36  (security)18:12
bjf - mvl-dove  2.6.32-205.18 (security)18:12
bjf - fsl-imx51 2.6.31-608.14 (security)18:12
bjf - ti-omap   2.6.33-501.7  (security)18:12
bjf - qcm-msm   2.6.31-802.4  (security)18:12
bjf - ec2       2.6.32-306.11 (security)18:12
bjf - LBM       2.6.32-22.15  (waiting for acceptance to proposed)18:12
bjfThe initial security release for Lucid caused a regression for KVM. Though18:12
bjfthe same patch is in Karmic and Jaunty without problems. It has been reverted18:12
bjffor Lucid and an additional upload was made (thanks apw).18:12
bjfThe current update to Lucid qcm-msm will be the last one as we lack testing18:12
bjfCurrently preparing proposed uploads to Lucid and Karmic and while being on18:12
bjfthose, updating the abstracted debian implementation (apw).18:13
bjfLucid proposed will contain upstream stable and for18:13
bjfDRM (amongst a lot of other changes). Target for upload to proposed for the18:13
bjfmaster branch is Wednesday.18:13
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)18:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)18:13
JFoIncoming Bugs18:13
JFo15 Maverick Bugs (up 10)18:13
JFo946 Lucid Bugs (down 59)18:13
JFoCurrent regression stats (broken down by release):18:13
JFo==== regression-potential ====18:13
JFo  * 7 maverick bugs (up 2)18:13
JFo  * 234 lucid bugs (down 28; to be converted to regression-release)18:13
JFo==== regression-update ====18:13
JFo  * 25 lucid bugs (down 1)18:13
JFo  * 9 karmic bugs (no change)18:13
JFo  * 5 jaunty bugs (no change)18:13
JFo  * 1 hardy bug (no change)18:13
JFo==== regression-release ====18:13
JFo  * 128 lucid bugs (down 18)18:13
JFo  * 50 karmic bugs (no change)18:13
JFo  * 20 jaunty bugs (no change)18:13
JFo  * 3 hardy bugs (no change)18:13
JFo==== regression-proposed ====18:13
JFo  * 1 lucid bug (no change)18:13
JFo  * 1 karmic bug (no change)18:13
JFoplease note that we are at a downward slope for Lucid bugs18:13
JFothis makes me happy.18:13
bjfapw, ?18:14
apware those lucid bugs going away as fixed or as timed out18:14
apwexpired whatever thats called ?18:14
JFomostly timed out18:14
apwk thanks ..18:14
bjf5[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)18:14
JFoThe next bug day will be next Tuesday. We will be focusing on working Confirmed bugs and getting them to either Incomplete, by waay of testing or information requests, or Triaged based on the completeness of the bug. My goal is to work through all of the Confirmed bugs to get them in the correct state and work out the best method for addressing them based on conversation with Andy yesterday. I also want to have a Team bug day much like we did this18:14
JFo week to work the Top 50 list. I am open to having be two half days on Friday and Monday again if that worked out for everyone last time.18:14
JFoany suggestions/objections?18:15
JFowas the two half days more useful than one whole one?18:15
ogasawaraI like the half days18:15
JFoanyone else?18:15
apwi think half is better over all as its easier to do one or the other18:15
apwbut i didn't manage to do either ..18:16
bjf[TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything?18:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything?18:16
bjfapw, go18:16
apwjust a reminder that the wiki update is a team task, please do look over the ToDo and see if there are things you know about and can help clean up18:16
bjfJFo, go18:17
manjoapw, is there a pointer to the todo ?18:17
JFojust wanted to mention that I have been invited to the QA meeting tomorrow to discuss the Triage Summit18:17
manjoie link18:17
JFoso I suspect there will be some more chat on it and I will be sending out an e-mail this week to kick things off18:17
ogasawarahrm, looks like the WikiTodo is empty?18:18
apwogasawara, not on my screen18:18
manjoapw, its blank ofr me too18:18
ckinglooks fine to me18:18
bjfnot on my screen18:18
ogasawarahrm, mine just shows the letter "a"18:18
JFoI see tons of outstanding items18:19
apwthats the wrong todo ogasawara18:19
apwthats the whole wiki one18:19
ogasawaraah, oops, helps if i open the right link18:19
bjflast call for open items18:19
bjfthanks everyone18:20
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:20.18:20
JFothanks bjf18:20
kamalbjf: thanks18:20
ckingbjf, ta18:20
* sommer probably won't be available18:59
smoserhggdh, does the butterfly19:00
jiboumansmorning folks19:00
jiboumanssmoser: hi, didn't expect you today19:00
MootBotMeeting started at 13:00. The chair is jiboumans.19:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]19:00
jiboumanslet's get rolling19:00
hggdhsmoser: freestyle...19:00
jiboumans[TOPIC] Review action points19:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Review action points19:01
jiboumansall to run ISO testing coverage on alpha119:01
jiboumansi didn't see any big smoke, so i trust all went well?19:01
ttxyes, relatively19:01
mathiazjiboumans: that's because the wind was blowing in the *other* direction19:02
ttxfor alpha2 we'll coordinate and share the load better19:02
Davieyhmm.. UEC doesn't work with the current Maverick kernel19:02
SpamapSNothing horribly broken, but I found a few things.. lamp-server doesn't install /usr/bin/mysql for instance.19:02
zulbesides its only alpha :)19:02
ttxwe had ~50% tset coverage which is good for alpha1 but not enough for alpha219:02
jiboumansit does seem a little spotty this way19:02
jiboumansttx, can you take it upon you to coordinate this for alpha2?19:03
jiboumans[ACTION] ttx to coordinate iso testing for alpha219:03
MootBotACTION received:  ttx to coordinate iso testing for alpha219:03
jiboumansok, next19:03
jiboumansACTION: smoser to ensure cloud images make it to the alpha1 iso tracker19:03
ttxthat was done.19:03
smoserdone. there, tested, pure perfection19:03
ttxsmoser: now that slangasek doesn't do release mgt anymore, you need contacts in the release team19:04
jiboumansACTION: smoser to coordinate with jjohansen and ttx to provide a more detailed work item overview for server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades19:04
ttxthat could do it as well19:04
smoserttx, yes, i need to train someone there. cjwatson just poked me and had me do it. which was fine.19:04
smosertraining is pretty easy, but we should set up someone with an account on the machine and such.19:04
ttxjiboumans: please action smoser on training someone else in the release team on cloud image release19:05
jiboumans[ACTION] smoser on training someone else in the release team on cloud image release19:05
MootBotACTION received:  smoser on training someone else in the release team on cloud image release19:05
ttxjiboumans: that someone can be me if need be19:05
smoserjiboumans, i'll have more detain on server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades sometime soon.  recent events have somewhat changed the plan there. (server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades)19:05
smoserdetail even19:05
jiboumanssmoser: anything worth updating us on?19:05
jiboumansok, carrying over then19:06
jiboumans[ACTION] smoser to coordinate with jjohansen and ttx to provide a more detailed work item overview for server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades19:06
MootBotACTION received:  smoser to coordinate with jjohansen and ttx to provide a more detailed work item overview for server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades19:06
jiboumansACTION: sommer to present list of sections that need input from server team19:06
jiboumanssommer: i saw updates to the blueprint. anything to fill us in on during the doc section later or should we postpone till next week?19:07
jiboumansguess we missed that window19:07
jiboumans[TOPIC] Maverick development (jib)19:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Maverick development (jib)19:08
jiboumansFirst up: Alpha2 subcycle status (ttx)19:08
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-server-maverick-alpha-2.html19:08
ttxThe biurndown chart is a little twisted due to sudden appartition of UEC blueprints and more19:09
ttxAll High specs should be at 25% completion right now and this isn't the case19:09
zulworking on it..19:09
ttxzul:  yours is at 44%, not bad19:10
jiboumansworrying that at least 3 of the high spcs have 0/1 items done and no status update19:10
SpamapScloud-datastores has been in flux due to upstream's odd position19:10
ttxSpamapS: and we'll discuss that later today19:10
jiboumansfriendly but final reminder: update the status on monday EOB, keep track of your work items19:10
Davieyttx: My % will be a little odd this cycle as 4 out of 7 are related to the weekly update19:10
smoseri'm making some progress on the ebsmount ones, getting help from Alon of turnkey. we have a reasonable plan there.19:11
ttxDaviey: did you merge eucalyptus yet ?19:11
jiboumansall: i want to see these updates reflected in workitems AND your blueprints tatus19:11
ttxall: if you are under 25% the status line should explain why19:12
Davieyttx: Sort of.. i need to borrow you (hopefully tommorrow), to do a team review.. delta is LARGE.19:12
jiboumans[ACTION] all to keep their specs uptodate with workitems (4-16 hours each) and update their status monday EOB19:12
MootBotACTION received:  all to keep their specs uptodate with workitems (4-16 hours each) and update their status monday EOB19:12
ttxin the same vein, your personal completion rate should be ~25% now19:12
Davieyttx: If you are happy, then i'd like to upload it tommorrow.19:13
ttxDaviey: ping me tomorrow so that we spend time on it19:13
Davieyttx: Great!19:13
ttxsmoser: are you fully back ?19:13
jiboumanshggdh, smoser: you both have a large amount of WI but 0/1 completion. do we need to cull specs?19:13
smoseri'm planning on some half days this week19:13
smoseras i said above, i'm making reasonableprogress on the ebsmount portions of cloud-init spec.19:14
smoserthe cloud-init portions, i haven't begun.19:14
hggdhjiboumans: right now, no. I am going thru them and jaguar19:14
smoserit probably wouldn't be a bad idea to adjust some of those... but i really do want to get them in.19:14
jiboumanshggdh, smoser: then please update your blueprints accordingly. 0% progress after 2 weeks of dev is not acceptable.19:15
smoserfwiw, i'm not at 0%19:15
ttxas a rule of thumb, if the work items do not reflect work that you've done... then you should rewrite the work items19:15
ttxthose are work units, not milestones.19:15
jiboumanssmoser: you're not focussing on the essential part of my message19:15
jiboumansmoving on19:15
jiboumansUEC related specs (jib)19:16
hallyn(is this a bad time to ask a pragmatic q?)19:16
ttxhallyn: never19:16
ttx(never a bad time to ask a q)19:17
hallynok i'm testing an updated qemu-kvm in my personal ppa.  I obv don't have write access to real ppas yet.  How should I (a) go about working it up into maverick archive, and (b) account for 'done' in blueprint?19:17
jiboumansdaviey, ccheney, hallyn, hggdh: please review the blueprints. A split has been made for the work between alpha2/3 and onwards and we'd like to make sure this reflects reality19:17
jiboumansas dustin is on leave this week, we rely on you to make sure it's accurate19:17
ttxfeel free to ping me if you need help in that exercise19:17
hallynok thx19:18
ttxhallyn: you need to ask for sponsoring19:18
jiboumansttx, all, anything else on the maverick alpha2 work?19:18
ttxhallyn: ping me or mathiaz off-meeting and we'll explain that to you.19:18
mathiazhallyn: right - I can help you out19:18
hallynttx: ok19:18
ttxjiboumans: no19:18
jiboumansalright, next topic:19:19
jiboumans[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)19:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)19:19
mathiazhallyn: it will be easier than ttx as we're in the same timezone19:19
hggdh1. UEC test rig is ready to test the new SRUs19:19
hggdh2. I cannot put Maverick in right now due to bug #58886119:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 588861 in linux (Ubuntu) "Instances block in pending state, and don't start" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58886119:19
hggdh3. I am indeed a bit behind, but should catch up fast19:20
mathiazhggdh: great19:20
mathiazhggdh: the 30.2 eucalytpus sru has been accepted earlier today19:20
SpamapSA user asked to have bug #589566 SRU'd into lucid as the mongodb people have suggested that 1.2 is not really fit for usage anymore. Do we do that for universe packages?19:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 589566 in mongodb (Ubuntu) "Please merge mongodb 1.4.3-1 (universe) from Debian unstable (main)" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58956619:20
mathiazhggdh: so helping out in verifiying eucalyptus in -proposed would be helpful19:20
hggdhmathiaz: indeed, and this is my intention19:21
mathiazhggdh: great - thanks19:21
ttxSpamapS: no we don't19:21
mathiazSpamapS: probably not19:21
SpamapSwhat about backports?19:21
mathiazSpamapS: yes - that would be the best option19:21
jiboumanshggdh, Daviey : i see that bug is currently unassigned; do you need help in getting it assigned or is it on track?19:21
mathiazSpamapS: unless mongodb is *completly* broken in the lucid19:21
SpamapSAlso I need to have my merge/sync bugs for alpha2 set to a higher importance I think.. have not gotten any attention from sponsors, I'm guessing because the importance is undecided.19:22
Davieyjiboumans: Hmm.. it's really a kernel issue.. i spoke with them yesterday, and they pretty much said await rc219:22
ttxSpamapS: no, importance should be wishlist for those19:22
hggdhjiboumans: Daviey is better poised to answer19:22
jiboumansDaviey: you mean alpha2's kernel?19:22
mathiazSpamapS: hm - I'd rather say it's a lack of sponsorship manpower19:22
ttxSpamapS: sync processing is a little slow these days19:22
Davieyjiboumans: although, some recent updates have asked for triaging information.. but i'll be fixing the underlying issue - so it's not assigned19:23
ttxSpamapS: for merge sponsoring, don't hesitate to ping one of us19:23
mathiazttx: I think SpamapS is blocked on getting *sponsored*19:23
Davieyjiboumans: no, upstream kernel.org rc219:23
jiboumansDaviey: ah, thanks for clarifying19:23
ttxmathiaz: ah, sync acking, yes19:23
SpamapSI've not really done all the steps for getting developer status yet, but I have it on my personal todo list for the week.19:24
mathiazSpamapS: hm - we should probably talk about that after the meeting19:24
mathiaz[ACTION] mathiaz to sync up with SpamapS about sponsorship19:24
mathiazjiboumans: ^^19:24
jiboumanshggdh: thanks for that update. any questions for QA?19:25
jiboumans[ACTION] mathiaz to sync up with SpamapS about sponsorship19:25
MootBotACTION received:  mathiaz to sync up with SpamapS about sponsorship19:25
ttxmaybe keep random questions for "open discussion" at the end19:25
jiboumansmoving on:19:25
jiboumans[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)19:25
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)19:25
ttxso that we don't mix discussions.19:25
ttxjjohansen: got two for you :)19:26
jjohansenwell I took a look at the atop patches, how important are they19:26
ttxbug 587893 was fixed19:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 587893 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "linux-image-2.6.34-5-virtual is oversized, results in oversized server ISO" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58789319:26
ttxjjohansen: as in: "how bady do we want them ?"19:26
mathiazjjohansen: is there a ppa to run the maverick-backport to lucid?19:26
ttxjjohansen: how disruptive are the patches ?19:27
jjohansenmathiaz: yes to how badly, not ppa19:27
mathiazjjohansen: :)19:27
ttxjjohansen: I think atop is a matter of "if we can do it, we should"19:27
ttxjjohansen: jib would confirm19:27
* jiboumans confirms19:27
ttxI wouldn't risk anything for it.19:27
Davieyjjohansen: Any news on 2.6.35-rc2? :)19:27
jjohansenokay, I'll present them to the kernel team as such19:28
jiboumansjjohansen: you said you took a look at the patchset; what's your opinion on it?19:28
jjohansenDaviey: rc2 rebase should be uploaded today, so kernels should be out by the end of the week19:28
Davieyjjohansen: That is great news, thanks.19:28
jjohansenjiboumans: not a fan but it isn't horrible19:28
ttxjiboumans: we shoudl assess how much usable atop is without that patch19:29
jjohansenttx: what about bug #58789319:29
ubottuLaunchpad bug 587893 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "linux-image-2.6.34-5-virtual is oversized, results in oversized server ISO" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58789319:29
ttxjjohansen: I think it's fixed now19:29
jiboumansjjohansen: specifically concerned about possible breakage or performance degradation19:29
* ttx checks the daily19:29
ttxyesterdays daily is below limits so I suspect the fix landed19:30
jjohansenttx: yes it should be "fixed", there are plans to further trim the virtual kernel so that it is only what is needed by kvm/ec2 so it should be getting smaller19:30
ttxjjohansen: ok, kudos to the kernel team19:31
jiboumansjjohansen++, kernel team++19:31
ttxthat's all from me19:31
jiboumansany other questions for the kernel team?19:31
jiboumansas sommer's not available, we'll skip this weeks Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)19:31
mathiazjjohansen: maverick-backport PPA?19:31
smoserjjohansen, i'm for being careful on shrinking -virtual19:32
smoserthere are already lots of things missing that people legitimately want in "virtual" machines.19:32
smoserfrom fuzzy memory, i think ipv6 is missing19:32
jjohansenmathiaz: sorry I'm not sure on the status of that I will have to check and get back to you19:32
mathiazjjohansen: ok - thanks19:32
jiboumans[ACTION] jjohansen to check on status of backported kernel for lucid19:33
MootBotACTION received:  jjohansen to check on status of backported kernel for lucid19:33
jjohansensmoser: yes we need to be careful, but there are certainly drivers that can be disabled19:33
smoserdrivers definitely19:33
jiboumansalright, moving on:19:33
jiboumans[TOPIC] Papercuts Alpha2 subcycle status (ttx)19:33
MootBotNew Topic:  Papercuts Alpha2 subcycle status (ttx)19:33
mathiazsmoser: is there a specific tag/package name that is used to track virtual bugs?19:33
ttx4 fixed / 14 targets19:34
smosernot that im aware of, but i think, correctly, they owould hyave the binary package hint  set, is that correct ?19:34
ttxRemember everyone should take 1-3 bugs in that list. That includes you, mathiaz :P19:34
mathiazttx: :)19:34
* smoser is fuzzy on how all that works in launchpad19:34
ttxmathiaz: and now the choice is limited :P19:34
jiboumansttx: i trust you'll assign if necessary?19:34
mathiazttx: well - that's my fault then19:34
SpamapSttx: I have patched 2, but again, awaiting sponsorship19:35
ttxyes, I'll soon start being nasty19:35
ttxSpamapS: ack, I think  chuck was looking into some of those19:35
ttxthat's all, we are on track.19:36
jiboumansthanks ttx19:36
SpamapSttx: I'll cover it w/ mathiaz in our post meeting talk about sponsorship.19:36
jiboumans[TOPIC] Weekly SRU review: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#SRU%20weekly%20review (mathiaz)19:36
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly SRU review: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#SRU%20weekly%20review (mathiaz)19:36
* mathiaz opens the links19:36
zulfor the curious: v2 http://people.canonical.com/~chucks/SRUTracker/19:36
* SpamapS misses the red19:36
zuldates are not calculated yet19:37
MootBotLINK received:  http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server-team/fixedbugs.ubuntu-server.latest.html19:37
zulthe minicom one should be nominated19:37
mathiaz^^ anything worth SRUing in the bugs fixed last week?19:37
zulwho the hell still uses minicom btw ;)19:37
ttxbug 585911 !19:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 585911 in installation-guide (Ubuntu) "preseed documentation: partman/confirm_write_new_label now named partman-partitioning/confirm_write_new_label" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58591119:38
mathiazzul: it already is nominated19:38
zulmathiaz: ah ok19:38
ttxbug 58591119:38
mathiazhm  - anything else SRU worth?19:39
SpamapS280421 seems like it would be hard to work around if you need ethtool19:40
SpamapSbug 280421 I mean19:40
ubottuLaunchpad bug 280421 in Ubuntu Server papercuts "ethtool not available in post-ifup script" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/28042119:40
ttxI wouldn't move it around in a SRU19:40
SpamapSsymlink to preserve previous location?19:40
zuli wouldnt SRU that one19:41
mathiazwould that fit in a criteria outlined in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates?19:41
mathiaz^^ is the list of critiria19:42
SpamapSty.. no its not high impact, just annoying. :)19:42
hggdhI have one question on SRU19:42
mathiazhggdh: shoot19:42
hggdhthe samba apport hook to disable reporting if smb.conf is missing -- is it worthy of a SRU?19:43
mathiazwould that fit in a criteria outlined in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#When?19:43
hggdhmathiaz: no, not at all. But it may inhibit born-invalid bugs19:43
mathiazhggdh: no, not at all -> not SRU worthy19:44
hggdhmathiaz: K, good enough19:44
Daviey(although, something needs fixing on samba.. it has a massive share of the server bug count)19:44
mathiazthat's all for the SRU review from me - anything else to add?19:44
jiboumans[TOPIC] Open Discussion19:45
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion19:45
jiboumansthanks mathiaz19:45
mathiazDaviey: we've discussed that at UDS19:45
ttxDaviey: what need to be fixed is documentation, and users. Most of the bugs are invalid, they just take time to debunk19:45
mathiazDaviey: IIRC the decision was that the server team would keep triaging them19:45
mathiazttx: are you suggesting a user SRU?19:46
jiboumanscould we? :)19:46
Daviey^^ Which could mean making sure our apport support is kept awesome.  It could be worth passing by the SRU team for comment.19:46
ttxmathiaz: the long-term fix is to have a simpler software to handle SMB folder sharing and SMB client19:46
ttxsamba is a complex beast, an users have all sorts of wrong expectations about it19:47
mathiazttx: right - it may worth having a session with the desktop team about that issue at the next UDS19:47
mathiazttx: for the time being we're kind of stuck :/19:47
DavieyBut if we have great apport hooks on the bugs, we can quickly triage them as not bugs.19:47
jiboumansit's firmly on my radar though19:47
ttxmathiaz: yep19:47
hggdhDaviey: +119:47
jiboumansmathiaz: you reckon there'd be mileage in that?19:48
mathiazDaviey: right - and we're doing that for maverick19:48
jiboumansi do like the idea of having that in the LTS most people run19:48
mathiazjiboumans: oh yes - I think so19:48
ttxDaviey: if you look at bug 56656019:48
ubottuLaunchpad bug 566560 in samba (Ubuntu) "samba server requires smbpasswd -a user constantly" [Medium,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/56656019:48
ttxDaviey: apport hooks won't help debunking it19:48
SpamapSPoint of order.. I've seen a lot of questions on ubuntu-server go unanswered ... not even a "can you file a bug report for that" response or "did you search for a bug report?" type of response. Should we be going out of our way to answer questions on the list?19:48
mathiazjiboumans: you mean what - apport hooks backported to LTS?19:48
Davieymathiaz: I'm refering to the "not quite" SRU for the LTS.19:48
SpamapS(I mean the mailing list not #ubuntu-server)19:48
ttxDaviey: it just takes time to understand wtf the user has put himself into19:48
SpamapSand by a lot I mean 2.. :P19:49
ttxDaviey: in order to dismiss it as 'not a bug'19:49
hggdhstill. Apport hooks should be a special case on SRUs19:49
jiboumansmathiaz: i mean specifically the apport hook for samba in this case19:49
mathiazhggdh: well - IIRC apport is disable on stable releases19:49
* hggdh facepalms19:49
Davieymathiaz: "ubuntu-bug samba" etc should still catch it?19:50
jiboumansmathiaz, can i ask you to check up on this ?19:50
mathiazDaviey: yes - ubuntu-bug is working19:50
DavieySo i can still see merit. :)19:50
mathiazit's the automation part that is disabled19:50
mathiazby default on releases apport won't automatically pop-up IIRC19:50
jiboumans[ACTION] mathiaz to check if providing an updated apport hook to samba in lucid is useful and possible to keep the invalid bug reports down19:50
MootBotACTION received:  mathiaz to check if providing an updated apport hook to samba in lucid is useful and possible to keep the invalid bug reports down19:50
mathiazit's one of the last thing done in the release cycle19:51
jiboumansSpamapS: you mean the mailinglist right?19:51
jiboumansSpamapS: if you have an answer, responding is definitely encouraged. even if that answer is 'please file a bug'19:51
mathiaz  * etc/default/apport: Disable Apport for the final release.19:51
SpamapSjiboumans: yes I do. I'm just not sure of what is expected on the list.19:51
ttxSpamapS: some people have a history of being difficult so people just avoid answering them.19:52
SpamapSjust today somebody had a failed install onto software RAID.. I didn't see any responses.19:52
ttxSpamapS: doesn't mean we shouldn't :)19:52
jiboumansin fact, we should19:52
SpamapSI figured the best response would be to suggest they file a bug but I'm not sure against what or what link to feed them to do that.19:53
ttxCould someone point me to the right direction? > File a bug ?19:53
SpamapSFigure you guys know more than I.19:53
jiboumans'file a bug, heres the type of info we would need [LINK]'19:53
jiboumansalterantely, if you know about software raids, ask for the diagnostics and give an answer on list. it's a community help channel so there's more people reading than just the canonical employees19:54
ttxIf the system is running, run ubuntu-bug FOO19:54
SpamapSIs it acceptable to file a bug for them and respond with a link to it suggesting they add themselves?19:54
ttxIf not (like in this case: use this link: ...19:54
mathiazSpamapS: that's another option19:54
jiboumansany other topics to discuss?19:54
mathiazSpamapS: for that specific use case I'd reply on the ml19:55
ttxSpamapS: that confuses the "original reporter"19:55
Davieymathiaz: Any news on the packageset archive access?19:55
mathiazSpamapS: asking for more information about the failure19:55
mathiazSpamapS: I wouldn't open a bug right away19:55
ttxSpamapS: who is used to determine "incomplete with a response" type of status19:55
ttxand other things19:55
jjohansenthe current Lucid backport kernel PPA is at  http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ppa/ubuntu/19:55
ttxSpamapS: so I wouldn't file a bug on behalf of someone else19:56
mathiazDaviey: need to create a team - and populate it with relevant people19:56
mathiazjjohansen: thanks19:56
Davieymathiaz: Yup.. Is that on your todo?19:56
mathiazDaviey: yes :)19:56
jiboumansany final topic?19:57
jiboumansgoing once...19:57
Daviey /gone19:57
SpamapSI like cheese...19:57
jiboumans[TOPIC] Announce next meeting date and time19:57
jiboumansTuesday 2010-06-15 at 1800 UTC - #ubuntu-meeting19:57
MootBotNew Topic:  Announce next meeting date and time19:57
jiboumansthere you have it folks, thanks all for attending!19:57
MootBotMeeting finished at 13:57.19:57
=== mhall119|work is now known as mhall119
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== IdleOne_ is now known as IdleOne
paultagUBT Meeting in T-Minus 1 Minute :)23:59

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!