=== noy_ is now known as noy
dindameeting time right?01:00
easter_eggyes o/01:01
dindawoohoo, I got the time/date right this time01:01
dudanogueirahi there!01:01
IdleOnedinda: me too :)01:01
MootBotMeeting started at 19:01. The chair is pleia2.01:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]01:01
pleia2Hello and welcome to the Ubuntu Membership Review Board for the Americas meeting for Thursday, June 17 @ 23:59 UTC.  The wiki page for the Review Board is available here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/Americas01:02
pleia2We will attempt to get through all of the applicants that have added themselves to that list before today's meeting. If we are unable to make it through the entire list due to time constraints, then at the next meeting we will pick up where we left off.01:02
pleia2The format for the meeting is as follows: We will go through the list of applicants one by one, by date of application (FIFO).01:03
pleia2Each applicant should introduce themselves (1-5 sentences) and provide links to their Ubuntu Wiki page. After the introduction the members of the Membership Review Board will review the pages and, if needed, ask the applicant further questions.01:03
pleia2During this time it is encouraged for other members of the community to show their support for the applicant. Do not be alarmed if the members of the Membership Review Board are quiet during this time; they are most likely reading wiki/launchpad/forum/other pages and deciding how they are going to vote.01:03
pleia2When the board is ready to vote, they will publicly vote in the channel with either +1, 0, or -1 (for membership, abstain, and against membership, respectively). If the sum of those numbers is positive, then the applicant is now an official Ubuntu member! (feel free congratulate them!)01:03
pleia2Now, with any further ado, lets get started with the first applicant...01:04
pleia2[TOPIC] IdleOne Membership01:04
MootBotNew Topic:  IdleOne Membership01:04
pleia2IdleOne: please introduce yourself and provide a link to your wiki :)01:05
IdleOneHello everybody. My name is IdleOne aka John (in the Matrix) you can see my wiki at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/idleone not sure what else I can besides I love ubuntu. I am Ubuntu and try to live Ubuntu.01:05
IdleOneI can say*01:05
dudanogueiraIdleOne: are you form Montreal?01:05
IdleOneI am yes01:06
IdleOneboen and raised01:06
pleia2IdleOne: can you discuss the main places where you're involved?01:06
dudanogueirabeen there on 8.10 release, I think01:06
IdleOnepleia2: I recently got ops status in #ubuntu and I also do some translation for the Ubuntu Women Project wiki. I admit I have been slacking lately on that :/01:07
IdleOneI also do testing for +101:07
IdleOnebug reporting and such01:07
PendulumIdleOne is being a bit modest there he started the translations for the Ubuntu Women wiki01:07
IdleOne:) thank you Pendulum01:07
Pendulumand got that part of the project organized01:07
dindaIdleOne: wiki page is very well done and that pic!  kind of says it all :)01:07
IdleOnedinda: yeah it is a nice touch huh :)01:08
pleia2IdleOne: the translation of the code of conduct had sorta fallen off my radar, was there any progress made with that?01:08
IdleOnepleia2: right now it is in the hands of Canonical and I am not certain at what stage it is. I am hoping to get some more time and get back on the ball with that soon01:09
IdleOneMark did unofficially approve the idea though01:09
dindaIdleOne: who did it get sent to?01:09
* pleia2 nods01:09
IdleOnedinda: I sent it to the IRCC01:09
pleia2er, CC?01:09
IdleOneyes CC01:09
pleia2it was agreed that having it in multiple languages was good, I just wasn't sure where it went from there01:10
dindahmm possible it got buried in emails, might want to add it to the next CC meeting agenda??01:10
IdleOneSo yeah I really hope that we can get the CoC translated into as many languages as possible01:10
IdleOnedinda: I can do that01:11
pleia2IdleOne: or feel free to reply to the thread you sent a few months back, I really was just asking about status because I was curious :) wasn't sure where the action items left off01:12
dindaIdleOne: it might help move it forward01:12
IdleOnepleia2: will do01:12
dudanogueiraIdleOne: looks like you are together with the folks at Ubuntu-QC, right?01:13
IdleOnepleia2: I think the issue was making sure the translation team could take over the effort and organize the translations01:13
maco2hi i'm here now. my quassel is syncing right now. will catch backscroll in a minute01:13
IdleOnedinda: yes, I am01:13
IdleOneattended a couple of meetings01:13
IdleOneerrr events that is01:14
IdleOnealso elected my self the unofficial welcome wagon in #ubuntu-qc01:14
IdleOneit's a small channel so whenever I can I try to welcome the new people in the channel01:15
dudanogueirathat's good :) Just saw on my records, I was on the saint sulpice bar for the 8.04 release. were you there?01:15
IdleOnedudanogueira: at the time I lived in Pennsylvania01:15
IdleOneso no I was not01:15
pleia2[VOTE] IdleOne membership01:15
MootBotPlease vote on:  IdleOne membership.01:15
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot01:15
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting01:15
MootBot+1 received from pleia2. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 101:15
MootBot+1 received from dudanogueira. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 201:16
MootBot+1 received from maco2. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 301:16
* IdleOne +1's himself :)01:16
MootBot+1 received from dinda. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 401:17
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 401:17
pleia2congrats and welcome IdleOne :)01:17
* IdleOne stops sweating :)01:17
dudanogueirawelcome :)01:17
pleia2ZandreBran: are you here?01:17
IdleOneThank you!01:17
PendulumCongrats IdleOne!01:17
pleia2[TOPIC] ZandreBran membership01:17
MootBotNew Topic:  ZandreBran membership01:17
ZandreBranHi Everyone, my name is André Brandão I´m 38 years old, I´m a programmer and have been using ubuntu since 2006; my nick name is the Brazillian community is Zandre Bran (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZandreBran).01:17
ZandreBranIn 2007, I signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct and since then I have been helping and supporting the usersin the brazillian discussion list by the ubuntu-br@lists.ubuntu.com mailing list. I develoiped a plugin for firefox and on my website you can find a direct search for the list.01:18
ZandreBranCurrently, with the help of Alysson Neto we are reactivating the documentation team of Brazil, and are in the process of distrubuting the work more organised way because the team is formed. This is my second job today:)01:18
ZandreBrani am also working with Fabiano Fonseca, we are making a remix of ubunto named linuxacessivel.org it is like "VINUX" linuxacessivel.org is for people having dificiency visua, the "ORCA" cofigures from the start of instalation for the Portugese language.01:18
=== Ursinha` is now known as Ursinha
dudanogueiraUrsinha: :)01:19
ZandreBranThis is it, a resume of my work in the Ubuntu brasillian community, any questions?01:19
pleia2lots of great testimonials :)01:20
* pleia2 likes to see!01:20
UrsinhaI have no questions, but if you allow me I'd like to point the great work ZandreBran does for the Brazilian community01:20
ZandreBranpleia2, thank toy01:20
dudanogueiraZandreBran: I took a close look on your mailinglist answers. I really liked it. It's an example of who it should be done.01:21
pleia2Ursinha: oh certainly01:21
dudanogueiraPrecise, polite, with good informations and pointing to the right resources. Congrats :)01:21
Ursinhawhat dudanogueira said01:21
UrsinhaI wish we had more of those :)01:21
dudanogueiraUrsinha: just said hi :) Need to talk with you later :)01:21
easter_eggZandreBran is a good guy :)01:21
Ursinhadudanogueira, sure, ping pvt later :)01:22
dudanogueiraZandreBran: are you willing to help the ubuntu-br on the "administrative" matters?01:22
maco2wow yeah your testimonials rock :)01:22
UrsinhaZandreBran, you won't be forced to, we just need reinforcements :)01:22
ZandreBrandudanogueira, yes, or not. this is one of my goals when I entered.01:23
dindaZandreBran: wow, that sounds like a great project, linuxacessivel.org - great work there01:23
ZandreBrandinda, thank you01:24
maco2ZandreBran: are you involved with the ubuntu accessibility team at all?01:24
maco2ZandreBran: or for that matter... are you aware that its starting back up after a couple years of being in a coma?01:25
ZandreBranmaco2, no not yet the project is very young01:26
PendulumZandreBran: come join us in #ubuntu-accessibility01:26
maco2ZandreBran: you should join #ubuntu-accessibility and talk to Pendulum. she seems to be running the show as regards getting a11y working decently in ubuntu01:26
maco2wahh im too slow!01:26
pleia2[VOTE] ZandreBran membership01:26
MootBotPlease vote on:  ZandreBran membership.01:26
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot01:26
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting01:26
MootBot+1 received from pleia2. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 101:27
MootBot+1 received from maco2. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 201:27
MootBot+1 received from dinda. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 301:27
ZandreBranmaco2, thanks for the tip01:27
Pendulummaco2: no, I was being slow, I meant to say it earlier. (and I am aware of ZandreBran's project, just not of the details)01:27
MootBot+1 received from dudanogueira. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 401:27
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 401:28
pleia2congrats and welcome dudanogueira! :)01:28
dudanogueirathank you :)01:28
pleia2err haha01:28
pleia2congrats :)01:28
PendulumZandreBran: congrats!01:28
IdleOneCongrats ZandreBran01:28
dudanogueiraZandreBran: welcome!!!!!! Crontags!01:28
dindacongratulations ZandreBran!01:28
ZandreBranthanks all01:28
dudanogueiraops, Congrats :)01:28
pleia2ScottL: are you here?01:28
ScottLpleia2, yes01:28
IdleOnedudanogueira: Crontags!! I love it!01:28
pleia2[TOPIC] ScottL Membership01:29
MootBotNew Topic:  ScottL Membership01:29
ScottLHi, Scott Lavender here.  My wiki is at:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScottLavender01:29
maco2ScottL: how did you get the pretty little icons? i'm jealous of your wiki page01:29
ScottLMainly I attend to Ubuntu Studio matters and work with Debian Multimedia Team as well01:29
ScottLmaco, in the open source tradition, i used someone else's work of course :)01:30
ScottLerrr maco2 ^^^01:30
IdleOneScottK: wow at the wiki01:30
dudanogueiraIdleOne: hehehe, quick typing, little keyboard :)01:30
pleia2ScottL: always love seeing ubuntu and debian projects working together, thank you for that :)01:30
ScottLpleia2, thank you, persia has taught me well that we should push bug reports and patches back to Debian01:31
dindaScottL: are you a musician? is that why so much work on the Studio project?01:31
pleia2hooray persia01:31
ScottLdinda, yes01:31
ScottLpleia2, i think persia is still on vacation01:31
* pleia2 nods01:31
dindaScottL: nice, great project work01:32
macoooh JACK MIR? crimsun must love you...01:32
ScottLthank you dinda01:32
ScottLlol maco01:32
pleia2we did an ubuntu studio install at a recent lucid installfest, the woman whose computer had been usin it for quite some time and just having trouble with "weirdness" in 64-bit (ended up being bad ram, we got it sorted :))01:33
pleia2great little spinoff01:33
pleia2[VOTE] ScottL membership01:34
MootBotPlease vote on:  ScottL membership.01:34
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot01:34
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting01:34
MootBot+1 received from dudanogueira. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 101:34
MootBot+1 received from pleia2. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 201:34
MootBot+1 received from maco. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 301:34
MootBot+1 received from dinda. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 401:34
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 401:34
pleia2congrats and welcome ScottL! :)01:34
macoScottL: thank you for making this so easy with that incredibly thorough wiki page01:34
dudanogueirawelcome aboard!01:34
pleia2easter_egg: are you here?01:34
* TheMuso sees he is too late, but congratulates ScottL.01:34
ScottLthank you pleia2 , maco , dudanogueira  :)01:34
macoTheMuso: hi :)01:35
dudanogueiraScottL: congrats for your job :)01:35
ScottLthank you as well TheMuso01:35
IdleOneCongrats ScottK01:35
easter_eggyes =]01:35
IdleOneerr ScottL01:35
jiboumansI think ScottK's been here for a while :)01:35
jiboumansbut congrats ScottL!01:35
macojiboumans: they are a perpetual source of confusion. StevenK as well01:35
pleia2[TOPIC] easter_egg membership01:35
MootBotNew Topic:  easter_egg membership01:35
ScottLthanks IdleOne , jiboumans01:35
* IdleOne hands easter_egg the bells and whistles :)01:35
* Ursinha cheers for easter_egg 01:35
easter_eggGood night everyone. Glad to see the concil again.01:35
easter_eggAs you already know me, I will dispense with some details and I'll go straight to the point.01:36
easter_eggI'm keeping the same job with hackfests, here are some pictures about:01:36
MootBotLINK received:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajqueiroz/sets/72157624156545676/01:36
easter_eggThe next event will happen on this Saturday and it will be open to all Brazillian people, using Lernid. The brazilian teams of documentation, that ZandreBran is member, and translation were invited.01:36
easter_eggI still verbally helping people to find a short path with bugreport and with their own focus, through hackfests and irc. An example of this would be gbrandao, which has become a machine for making quality documentation.01:36
pleia2thank you for coming back with pictures and testimonials :)01:37
easter_eggWhell, questions?01:37
UrsinhaI'm pleased to see the great work people are doing reactivating docs team in Brazil01:37
easter_eggSomeone like that I repeat something that I say in last meeting?01:38
UrsinhaI "met" easter_egg in last FISL here in Brazil, and he's very passionate what he does01:39
Ursinhathat's important to make things work, imo01:39
easter_eggthats me01:39
MootBotLINK received:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajqueiroz/4648663494/in/set-72157624156545676/01:39
pleia2thanks Ursinha :)01:39
easter_eggfor know01:40
dudanogueiraeaster_egg: were you on last year's FISL?01:40
easter_eggdudanogueira, yes =]01:40
dudanogueiraeaster_egg: Oh, did we meet?01:40
Ursinhadudanogueira, he was hidden :P01:41
easter_eggI think not01:41
dudanogueirahehehe, we'll surely have a next opportunity :)01:41
pleia2[VOTE] easter_egg membership01:41
MootBotPlease vote on:  easter_egg membership.01:41
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot01:41
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting01:41
MootBot+1 received from pleia2. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 101:41
MootBot+1 received from dinda. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 201:41
easter_eggUrsinha, my nick is easter_egg01:41
easter_eggyou know now01:42
Ursinhaeaster_egg, I knew before :P01:42
MootBot+1 received from dudanogueira. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 301:42
MootBot+1 received from maco. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 401:42
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 401:42
pleia2congrats easter_egg :)01:42
jiboumansCongratulations easter_egg01:43
dindacongrats easter_egg!01:43
IdleOnecongrats easter_egg :)01:43
dudanogueiraOne more!! That's good!!! Congrats :)01:43
* Ursinha hugs easter_egg 01:43
pleia2[TOPIC] jiboumans membership01:43
MootBotNew Topic:  jiboumans membership01:43
jiboumansGreetings, my name is Jos Boumans and I've been the Ubuntu Server manager now since November last year. As such, I've participated in 2 UDS' and guided the server team through the delivery of 10.04 and now the planning and delivery of 10.10.01:43
easter_eggthanks everyone01:43
jiboumansIn a previous life I've contributed significantly to the Perl programming language (about 2% of the core code), set up automated packaging of Perl modules for Debian, run the CPAN.org DNS and contributed to such applications as Memcached, Gearman and Varnish.01:43
jiboumansMore Ubuntu information about me at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JosBoumans and https://launchpad.net/~jib and I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.01:43
IdleOnejiboumans: Thank you for the awesome work you folks do :)01:44
jiboumansIdleOne: it's our pleasure, and I mean that :)01:44
IdleOnejiboumans: server team doesn't get enough praise imo01:44
pleia2jiboumans: outside the scope of your job within server, is there other involvement within the community, participating with a loco perhaps? :)01:45
jiboumansIdleOne: we're seeing some strong pickup in the media now and it's great to see the positivity that's coming from outside the community now too01:45
jiboumanspleia2: I've just moved to San Francisco a few weeks ago01:46
macoah so you should be at the geeknic that pleia2 is attending soon?01:46
jiboumansbut I was lucky to be here when 10.04 was released, so i managed to attend the release party at the thirsty bear with Jono01:46
pleia2jiboumans: great, it's beautiful here :)01:46
pleia2ah, I was there too01:46
jiboumansi'm still getting my footing on the west coast, but i'm looking forward to it01:46
pleia2I'm holding an Ubuntu Hour on Tuesday evening over at The Roastery, about a block from Thirsty Bear01:46
pleia2please feel free to join us in #ubuntu-california :)01:47
jiboumanspleia2: is that a recurring thing? I'm down the vally next week unfortunately, but it sounds like great fun!01:47
pleia2jiboumans: yep, 4th tuesday of the month :)01:48
dindajiboumans: I'm trying to determine which of your work with Ubuntu is simply b/c it's your job and what part is b/c you want to contribute to Ubuntu aside from your primary paying job01:48
* jiboumans goes to add to his calendar01:48
jiboumansdinda: running the server team is of course part of my job. i think the bit outside ubuntu that got me the job is my involvement in Perl/Perl for debian and a lot of the web technologies01:48
jiboumansyou'll see from the Maverick blueprints that we're bringing a lot of those to Ubuntu01:48
dindajiboumans: I meant trying to determine if your work in Ubuntu and wanting to be a member are just b/c of your day job01:50
macoso before moving to SF, were you at all involved with the loco in your old area (if there was one) ?01:50
jiboumansmaco: there was none, I was living in a small town in Poland, believe it or not01:50
dindajiboumans: I'm looking for a track record of community and volunteer in addition to your paid work01:51
macoO_O quite the move01:51
jiboumansbefore that, I worked mostly on and in Debian professionally01:51
dindajiboumans: did you volunteer with the server team before taking your current role?01:51
jiboumansdinda: like I mentioned in my application, most of my contributions have been upstream while working on Debian & Ubuntu. I've had less involvement with Ubuntu before then01:52
jiboumansdinda: mostly for bug fixing on apps on Ubuntu01:52
jiboumansmy previous company had an extensive cloud deployment based on Ubuntu01:52
jiboumansnowadays, i spend about 12 hours/day working and hacking on ubuntu01:53
pleia2nice :)01:53
jiboumanssome work related, some because it's fun and interesting :)01:53
dindajiboumans: I work for Canonical too but my day job has nothing to do with community, so my volunteer time, like now is separate from that role01:53
dindajiboumans: do you hack on any pet projects?01:54
jiboumansdinda: yup, like i mentioned before, i run the perl to debian autopackaging project for example01:54
jiboumansother than that, it's contributions to upstream01:56
pleia2[VOTE] jiboumans membership01:58
MootBotPlease vote on:  jiboumans membership.01:58
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot01:58
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting01:58
MootBot+1 received from pleia2. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 101:58
MootBot+1 received from dudanogueira. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 201:59
MootBot+1 received from dinda. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 302:00
maco+1 (but go hang out with your new loco!)02:01
MootBot+1 received from maco. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 402:01
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 402:01
pleia2jiboumans: yes, looking forward to meeting you! :)02:01
IdleOneCongrats jiboumans !02:02
jiboumanspleia2: likewise - i'm at velocity next week if you happen to be there. otherwise, next time!02:02
jiboumansthanks all02:02
plarsgrats jiboumans :)02:02
pleia2[TOPIC] plars membership02:02
MootBotNew Topic:  plars membership02:02
plarsI'm Paul Larson.  I'm from Texas.  I've been a long time user of Ubuntu, and started actively contributing sometime around April of 2009.02:02
plarsMostly in QA related things.  I'm a member of bugcontrol, have participated in 5-a-day when time allows, done a lot of iso testing, improved tests, etc.02:02
plarsIn general, I've been using Linux since 199302:03
plarsI've done a lot of kernel testing in the past, was a maintainer of LTP for a long while, setup a fair number of Linux clusters (including some that have been on the Top500), and even done some IO device driver work on ppc02:03
plarsforgot :)02:03
dudanogueirasorry people, gotta go! THank you! And congratulations for the new members :)02:05
macouh oh02:05
pleia2no worries, we still have quorum02:06
pleia2plars: are you involved with the texas loco?02:06
maconhandler to the rescue!02:06
plarspleia2: well, the Texas loco has been starting to be a little more active lately, but as far as I can tell, hasn't been terribly active as a whole group02:06
plarspleia2: I tried to encourage the ones local to me to start doing more02:07
pleia2plars: they actually had a few release events, and a booth at texas linux fest :)02:07
plarspleia2: but so far not a whole lot has come of it... we did have some participation by a few at txlf02:07
plarsright, was just mentioning that :)02:07
macopleia2: texas is a big place!02:07
plarswas good to meet thebwt there02:07
nhandlerplars: I didn't see any testimonials on your wiki. Is anyone here to chear for you?02:07
pleia2thebwt is great, were you at the canonical or loco booth?02:08
plarsnhandler: I didn't actively seek them out, I was unclear on whether that was a real requirement02:08
nhandlerplars: It isn't necessarily a requirement, but it is useful, as it allows us to see what some of the people who have worked with you have to say02:08
plarspleia2: I hung around both since they were right next to one another and tried to answer questions as I could, but I wasn't actively manning either (I had my 9 yr. old son with me)02:08
plarsgotta start 'em early right? :)02:08
dindaplars: what part of the state are you in?02:08
pleia2hooray for kids at linux fests! :)02:09
plarsdinda: Austin area... Round Rock specifically02:09
pleia2plars: outside the scope of what you would call your "day job" - what portions of the community are you involved in, if any?02:09
plarshmm, I try to maintain my connections with LTP, occasionally answering some questions or doing patches there02:10
plarsgeneral evangelism.. etc to friends/family02:10
plarstxlf as mentioned earlier02:10
plarssome of the things that I've done, with the excuse of being related to my day job have more personal reasons as well02:11
macopl<tab> (one of you!) when are you gonna stop being as confusing as ScottK and ScottL?02:11
plarsfor instance, some of the packaging I've done, like with moserial... was mainly to learn packaging because it's an area where I'd like to do more02:11
plarswas not really something I needed to do for my job02:11
plarsbut it helped there too, turned out to be something useful for me02:12
plarsalso the 5-a-day stuff that I did was not a requirement02:12
plarsmaco: yeah, I get pings intended for pleia2 late at night a lot :)02:12
nhandlerplars: I know you said that you chose not to ask for testimonials, but if you wanted to, do you feel there are people outside of Canonical who you could go to?02:12
plarsnhandler: I hadn't given it much thought actually, but I think there would be some, yes02:13
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
IdleOneplars: Seems you are more a behind the scenes contributor, any irc channels we can find you in where you do some support?02:14
plarson freenode, I mostly hang out in #ubuntu-arm02:15
plarsalso #ltp, but not much normally goes on there02:15
plarsand not specifically ubuntu related02:15
dindaplars: what's your favorite area to contribute in Ubuntu?02:17
plarsdinda: probably testing right now, I've always enjoyed finding problems before they become worse, helping to narrow them down to a solution02:17
nhandlerplars: I notice most of your future plans are QA related. Do you plan to continue bug triage / packaging ?02:17
plarsalthough I'm trying to expand that, as mentioned earlier02:17
plarstriaging is interesting, but I would much rather learn more about packaging and do some more exploration in that area02:18
plarssometimes it seems like the archives must have everything, but there are plenty of neat new things every day that we don't have yet :)02:18
dindaplars: ok, sounds like you've got a good track record of behind the scenes work and good future plans02:22
pleia2[VOTE] plars membership02:23
MootBotPlease vote on:  plars membership.02:23
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot02:23
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting02:23
MootBot+1 received from maco. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 102:23
MootBot+1 received from dinda. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 202:23
MootBot+1 received from nhandler. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 302:23
MootBot+1 received from pleia2. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 402:23
macoplars: my email archives of bugsquad & bugcontrol mailing lists just made up for your lack of testimonials in my head ;-)02:23
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 402:23
pleia2congrats and welcome plars :)02:23
IdleOneCongrats plars!02:23
plarsthanks :)02:24
dindacongrats plars!02:24
macoor rather served as testimonials i guess :)02:24
macocongrats and welcome :)02:24
* maco glares at pleia2 for having already used that phrasing02:24
pleia2maco: it's a script02:24
pleia2(just kidding)02:24
nhandlerCongratulations to all of the new members02:24
pleia2thanks everyone :)02:24
MootBotMeeting finished at 20:24.02:24
IdleOneyay \o/02:25
pleia2members will be added to the team soon,and announcement sent out02:28
IdleOnepleia2:https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda has a link to the CC website but it leads to http://www.ubuhntu.com/community/processes/council02:35
pleia2argh, again, this website restructuring is making me crazy02:38
IdleOnebtw the page it would/should lead to does not seem to exist02:39
elkysomeone can't spell, that's why.02:40
pleia2elky: even ubuntu.com one doesn't exist anymore, we all now link to /governance02:40
ajmitchrather amusing misspelling there02:40
pleia2IdleOne: can you cancel your edit?02:41
pleia2or make your change :)02:41
IdleOnejust did02:41
IdleOnecancel the edit that is02:41
macoajmitch: its misspelled like how akgraner pronounces it02:42
IdleOneNelson Mandela pronounces it ooboontoo, that is good enough for me :)02:42
ajmitchmaco: it seems to be a common thing02:43
elkyaubergine on the other hand...02:45
pleia2IdleOne: sorted, thanks :) and it really is best to follow up with the existing thread for the CoC translations thing, that way we have all context02:45
macoajmitch: yeah the entire ubuntu-uk podcast team seems to pronounce it that way02:45
macoi go by what IdleOne just said... the mandela video that was on the dapper cd02:45
IdleOnepleia2: seems I have been removed from ML or google is treating it as spam02:46
IdleOnenot sure02:46
pleia2IdleOne: can you forward me the error you're getting? the list should be open (I get TOOOOOONS of spam from it)02:46
IdleOnepleia2: not getting any errors, just not getting any mail from it02:47
pleia2IdleOne: wait, what list?02:47
pleia2there hasn't been any discussion on the topic since the last time you were Cced on a message02:47
IdleOnelet me check my archives02:48
pleia2(and we should take this dicussion elsewhere ;))02:48
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
robbiewLuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeet's get ready to ruuumble! (ding ding ding ding)16:00
MootBotMeeting started at 10:00. The chair is robbiew.16:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:00
* kirkland is covering for ttx16:00
robbiewkirkland: ack16:00
* fader_ is covering for marjo.16:00
robbiew[LINK] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/Agenda16:00
MootBotLINK received:  http://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/Agenda16:00
robbiewSo looking at the burn-downs16:01
robbiew   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/FeatureStatus16:01
robbiewthe individual TEAM ones for A2 aren't that bad16:02
robbiewthe ALL alpha 2 gives me nightmares16:02
robbiewbut I suspect it's because the trend line started before we had all work items scoped out16:02
robbiewand it's also grabbing work items from folks not in any of the teams16:02
robbiewplus Jono has his A2 chart a little "off"16:03
ograyeah,. definately something wrong with the trend line, pitti can adjust that16:03
robbiewyeah...so I'm not too worries16:03
* ogra was about to ask him for arm 16:03
robbiewokay...so let's jump to it16:03
robbiew[TOPIC] QA16:03
MootBotNew Topic:  QA16:03
robbiewRiddell: hi16:03
* fader_ waves.16:03
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~fader/hw-testing/current.html16:03
fader_    Passed:   18 (28%)    Failed:    0 ( 0%)    Untested: 46 (72%)16:03
fader_    Passed:   48 (79%)    Failed:    0 ( 0%)    Untested: 13 (21%)16:03
fader_    Passed:   8 (73%)    Failed:   0 ( 0%)    Untested: 3 (27%)16:03
fader_The Broadcom NIC issue on servers we had last week has been fixed.  A few servers are installing but not returning results, which I am looking into now.16:03
fader_The lack of laptop results is due to a proxy issue in the lab.  cyphermox is working on this and will get it fixed ASAP.16:03
fader_Alpha 2 Status:16:04
fader_qa-maverick-automated-server-testing pushed out to alpha-3 due to higher priority UEC testing work items16:04
fader_all other specs are on track for alpha2 or completed16:04
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-platform-qa-maverick-alpha-2.html16:04
fader_That's all I've got today, modulo any questions16:04
robbiewyou answered mine (about the low laptop results)16:04
fader_Yeah, that's environmental... something has broken in the setup in the lab and cyphermox is pulling his hair out trying to get it fixed16:05
robbiewthanks fader_16:05
robbiew[TOPIC] Security16:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Security16:05
robbiewjdstrand: around?  anything to report16:05
robbiewbeyond the usual...kick ass work on CVEs and such :P16:06
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:06
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:06
jdstrand[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-security.html16:06
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-security.html16:06
jdstrandWhile we are still working through updates, our team did get to some dev work this week. Highlights include openssl and libvirt merges along with upstreaming of kees' kernel delta for maverick.16:06
jdstrandWe have no milestoned bugs, and we followed up on our release-targeted bugs and are either waiting on feedback from reporters/upstream or time to fix them.16:06
jdstrandthat's pretty much it16:06
* robbiew is still trying to make use of http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/graphs/16:06
robbiewI'm determined to come up with the perfect chart!!!!16:07
robbiewany questions for Security?16:07
robbiewthnks jdstrand16:07
jdstrandsure, np16:07
robbiew[TOPIC] Kernel16:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel16:07
ogasawaraOverall Kernel Team status is summarised at the first URL below,16:07
ogasawaraincluding the item(s) called out in the agenda.  Our burndown chart for16:07
ogasawaraAlpha2 is at the third URL, and our overall burndown chart is at the fourth:16:07
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:07
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick#Milestone maverick-alpha-216:07
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team-maverick-alpha-2.html16:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick#Milestone maverick-alpha-216:07
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team-maverick-alpha-2.html16:07
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team.svg16:07
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team.svg16:07
robbiewogasawara type SO fast16:08
ogasawaraOn the items noted in the agenda, the status is as follows:16:08
ogasawara* Bug 59170716:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 591707 in openoffice.org (Ubuntu) "Buttons don't work on presenter screen" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59170716:08
ogasawara - Tim is currently assigned to this bug.  We're still waiting for16:08
ogasawara   feedback from the bug reporter as to whether the BIOS upgrade that16:08
ogasawara   was suggested by Intel made any difference.  We'll likely have to16:08
ogasawara   re-target this to an Alpha3 milestone if we don't hear back soon.16:08
ogasawaraUhh, that's not the right bug16:08
robbiewwhoops...my fault on the agenda16:08
robbiewoh wait...that's just weird16:09
ogasawarawow, something is weird there16:09
MootBotLINK received:  http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/59170716:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 591707 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "After upgrade lucid -> maverick eth0 interface is gone" [High,In progress]16:09
seb128yeah, ubottu seems to be buggy for some days16:09
seb128it's mixing bugs titles sometime16:09
ogasawaraok, I'll move along16:09
ogasawara* Bug 56455916:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 564559 in linux (Ubuntu Lucid) "URGENT for upcoming release: Resolutions requiring dual link DVI on radeon result in no display" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/56455916:10
ogasawara - It looks like this was for a Lucid SRU and the Maverick nomination16:10
ogasawara   was added just a few days ago for some reason.  I've confirmed that16:10
ogasawara   the Maverick kernel already contains the necessary patch, see comment16:10
ogasawara   #24, and so have closed the Maverick task as Fix Released.16:10
ogasawara* Bug 59194116:10
ubottuError: Could not parse data returned by Launchpad: The read operation timed out (https://launchpad.net/bugs/591941)16:10
ogasawara - Mathieu is assigned to this bug.  He's currently working with the TI16:10
ogasawara   developers and they've narrowed it down to a DMA related issue, see16:10
ogasawara   comment #1.  It's unknown if a fix will land in time for Alpha2 so16:10
ogasawara   we've bumped the milestone out to Alpha3 as it does not appear to be16:10
ogasawara   an Alpha2 release blocker.16:10
MootBotLINK received:  http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/59194116:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 591941 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "SDHC card not recognized" [High,In progress]16:11
ogasawaraAs a general status, we have rebased with the upstream 2.6.35-rc316:11
ogasawarakernel.  This is available for testing in the latest linux 2.6.35-4.516:11
ogasawaramaverick upload.  We are also below the burdown chart overall but above16:11
ogasawaraour Alpha2 burdown chart with 46% work items complete.16:11
robbiewthanks ogasawara16:12
robbiew[TOPIC] Foundations16:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Foundations16:12
cjwatsonColourised work item status: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:12
cjwatsonWe're more or less on the trend line for alpha-2, but rather more by postponement than implementation, so alpha-3 is going to be fairly full.  We're noticeably above our overall trend line.16:12
cjwatsonThe three GSoC usb-creator blueprints have been pushed out to alpha-3.16:12
cjwatsonfoundations-m-686-compile still needs investigation of the libc regression on Geodes (at least originally due to NOPL instructions being emitted incorrectly), and of course needs a write-up (I've been bugging doko about this).  The core change is done though.16:12
cjwatsonbarry is well underway with foundations-m-robust-python-packaging, now that we've AIUI agreed to support 2.6 and 2.7 but to keep 2.6 as the default.  Several work items have been pushed to alpha-3.16:13
cjwatson(2.6 as the default - "probably", anyway)16:13
cjwatsonfoundations-m-uefi-support is almost all done, with the exception of a few work items that really depend on foundations-m-cd-boot (it's all intertwined) and so have been pushed out to alpha-3.16:14
cjwatsonThat's just in time for Manoj Iyer to show it off at the UEFI Plugfest next week :-)16:14
cjwatsonalso, while it's not on the agenda, foundations-m-btrfs-support is now done to the point of being able to do a manual install with btrfs / and ext[234] /boot (with tomorrow's CD images).  There are a lot of optional work items in that spec, and Surbhi Palande is still working on making btrfs / with no separate /boot possible.16:15
cjwatsonI think that's all16:15
* robbiew will try it out on his Dell Mini 9 test box16:15
robbiewquestions for Foundations?16:16
robbiewthanks cjwatson16:16
robbiew[TOPIC] Server16:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Server16:16
* kirkland is covering for ttx16:16
kirklandOur updated release status is at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/MaverickReleaseStatus16:17
kirkland6 Alpha2-milestoned bugs there16:17
kirklandmostly UEC-related16:17
kirklandAlpha2 Specs at http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-server-maverick-alpha-2.html16:17
kirklandCritical/High Specs at < 70% completion16:18
kirklandserver-maverick-uec-testing 20% Blocked by rig availability, not affected by freeze though16:18
kirklandserver-maverick-cloud-init 33% Spec is late, might have to drop less-important features16:18
kirklandserver-maverick-uec-eucalyptus-next 40% Representing Alpha2-milestoned bugs to solve (should move along a bit better now)16:19
kirklandserver-maverick-hypervisor 53% Mostly triage tasks left, not affected by freeze16:19
kirklandand 3 more at 67%16:19
kirklandMedium/Low Specs < 50% completion include:16:19
kirklandserver-maverick-cloud-utils 0% Was transfered to new assignee, should still be completed on time16:19
kirklandserver-maverick-uec-provisioning 15% Mostly docs tasks, can be completed during freeze16:20
kirklandserver-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades 29% Mostly a few investigation tasks, can be completed during freeze16:20
kirklandserver-maverick-new-stacks 33% Items left about sponsoring new packages to universe16:20
kirklandthere is one bug that we need kernel help on16:20
kirklandBug 588861 is certainly a kernel issue. We hope to be able to bisect the version that regressed and have a reproducer script.16:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 588861 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "SDHC card not recognized" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58886116:20
kirkland(description is not correct, ubottu)16:21
ogasawarakirkland: keep me posted on the bisect outcome16:21
kirklandccheney is working on it today, ogasawara16:21
kirkland"pad block corrupted" error when trying to register an image with 2.6.34 kernel16:21
kirkland^ is the correct description16:21
kirklandrobbiew: questions?16:21
robbiewnope...everything I had a question about got bumped to a3 :)16:22
kirklandrobbiew: thx16:22
robbiewkirkland: no...thank you ;)16:23
robbiew[TOPIC] Desktop16:23
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop16:23
seb128[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-desktop-team.html16:23
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-desktop-team.html16:23
seb128[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-desktop-team-maverick-alpha-2.html16:23
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-desktop-team-maverick-alpha-2.html16:23
seb128[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:23
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:23
seb128 16:23
seb128* on track for alpha2: UNE using unity now, dx indicator-appmenu working now and will be added to UNE rsn, we got firefox security updates mostly sorted, new software-center version uploaded to maverick yesterday16:23
seb128 16:23
seb128Items listed on the agenda:16:23
seb128* desktop-maverick-easy-wayland-testing: no items done yet on that spec but it's ppa work and not required for alpha2, can we moved to alpha3 if required16:24
seb128* desktop-maverick-video-bugs-in-the-kms-world and desktop-maverick-xorg-in-mm: still some items but on track for alpha216:24
seb128 * bug 578281 has not been started yet, chrisccoulson has been busy full time on firefox security updates since UDS but the bug should be on track for the point release16:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 578281 in ubufox (Ubuntu Maverick) "Add search plugin for Baidu" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57828116:24
seb128 16:24
seb128GNOME 2.30.2 coming next week16:24
seb128we will upload some of the bug fix updates to lucid16:24
seb128 16:25
seb128that's it from16:25
seb128that's it from me (ups)16:25
seb128kenvandine, dx updates maybe?16:25
ccheneyogasawara, yea working on it :)16:25
robbiew[TOPIC] DX16:25
MootBotNew Topic:  DX16:25
seb128well there was Riddell for kubuntu as well still16:26
davidbarthhi all16:26
seb128but we do dx16:26
seb128davidbarth, hey ;-)16:26
robbiewRiddel: will get you after DX ;)16:26
Riddellthanks robbiew16:26
davidbarthso the weekly report is at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/MaverickReleaseStatus16:26
davidbarth * [[https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/dx-m-app-menubar|dx-m-app-menubar]]16:26
davidbarth  * new release with transient menus support and a nasty lock issue fixed; more apps supported: please keep on testing the new versions16:27
davidbarth  * see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/ApplicationMenu for how you can help16:27
davidbarth  * tight, but on track for A216:27
davidbarth * [[https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/dx-m-gtk-enhancements|dx-m-gtk-enhancements]]16:27
davidbarth  * csd not in scope for maverick anymore (more on that later); basically we're reconsidering the integration issues with the rest of the community16:27
davidbarth  * argb has been taken out as well; we plan to re-introduce it after a2, once more bug fixes can be confirmed; still in scope for Maverick16:27
davidbarth  * will update the BP work-items to reflect that16:27
davidbarth * [[https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/dx-m-sound-menu-v2|dx-m-sound-menu-v2]]16:27
davidbarth  * new release with registration + a new set of controls in the menu16:27
davidbarth  * RB & Amarok enabled to support the new menu features16:27
davidbarth  * on track for A216:27
davidbarth * [[https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/dx-m-indicator-me|dx-m-indicator-me]]16:27
davidbarth  * will be re-targeted for A316:27
davidbarththat was for the "desktop" part of DX16:27
davidbarthUNE was also covered by seb12816:27
davidbarthunity is well on track for a216:28
davidbartha nice new release this week; test the new menubar, it's cool16:28
davidbarthless cool:16:28
davidbarth * [[https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/dx-m-indicator-network|dx-m-indicator-network]]16:28
davidbarth  * Minor changes released this week16:28
davidbarth  * Still more backend bugfixes16:28
davidbarth  * *Not* on track for A2 for the UI part - we'll continue releasing engineering prototype interfaces to exercise the backend16:28
davidbarthrobbiew: and i've updated my blueprints targets only this morning (apologies again) to be assigned to the a2 and up (instead of a1)16:29
robbiewso all 4 A2 blueprints you just mentioned have A3 work items...so how can they be targeted to A2?16:29
robbiewI went through them and retargeted them to a316:30
robbiewso for example16:30
robbiewWork items for maverick-alpha-2:16:30
robbiewfix totem argb bug: DONE16:30
robbiewland argb patch back into gtk: DONE16:30
robbiewland csd patch back into gtk: DONE16:30
robbiewadd blacklist support: INPROGRESS16:30
robbiewwrite test plan for csd-argb: TODO16:30
robbiewLand compiz patches to deal with frozen windows: TODO16:30
robbiewDevelop mutter patches: TODO16:30
robbiewDevelop metacity patches: TODO16:30
robbiewReview apps to blacklist: TODO16:30
robbiew[bratsche] The triangle in the messaging menu: TODO16:30
robbiew[bratsche] Including the window buttons for csd directly in the theme engine: TODO16:30
robbiewWork items for maverick-alpha-3:16:30
robbiew[bratsche] Changing GTK to allow for a rounded stepper: TODO16:30
davidbarthright, this started for a1; it should read a2, not a316:30
robbiewif there are work items for maverick-alpha-316:30
robbiewit can't be targeted to alpha 216:31
davidbarthgenerally we can have wi planned from a1 to a316:31
davidbarthwe're splitting the load between iterations16:31
robbiewthat's fine16:31
robbiewbut the Milestone Target is for when ALL work items will be complete16:32
seb128davidbarth, I think the suggestion is that those should be targetted for later not a2 if they will still require work16:32
davidbarthbut so the 4 here should be back on a2, shouldn't they?16:32
seb128davidbarth, ie you can have a2 work items to land things in the ditro16:32
davidbarthbut will you still list them in your meeting agenda?16:32
seb128but the specs should be ie for maverick beta16:32
davidbarthrobbiew: ^^16:32
davidbarthbecause that was the issue initially, wasn't it?16:32
ograitems that are for past milestones wont be listed16:32
davidbarthanyway, we can see that offline; happy to re-target to whatever makes sense for tracking16:33
ograonly the ones ahead16:33
robbiewdavidbarth: no worries...I've fixed ;)16:33
davidbarthrobbiew: thanks ;)16:33
seb128well, the issue is that davidbarth wants to get progresses tracked for those and regular updates I guess16:33
davidbarthother questions?16:33
seb128and if specs are not targetted for a2 they will not be covered in the agenda16:33
robbiewseb128: right...but he can certainly report on them if he wants16:34
robbiewanyway...moving on :)16:34
robbiewthanks davidbarth16:34
davidbarththat's fine, i'll put them on the report nonetheless; this is what we're focused on, so i can't put them under the rug16:34
robbiew[TOPIC] Desktop...again16:34
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop...again16:34
seb128davidbarth, seems good to me ;-)16:34
robbiewRiddell: ?16:34
Riddell * Compiles on ARM progressing but still some sticking areas (kdebindings, kdebase-workspace)16:34
Riddell * pulseaudio in Kubuntu by default16:34
Riddell * knetworkmanager replaced by plasma-widget-networkmanagement16:34
Riddell * waiting on MIRs for rekonq, koffice, kdeedu, kdenetwork16:34
Riddell * ubuntu one summer of code project making good progress, files all syncing16:34
Riddell * {k,}packagekit updated to 0.616:34
Riddell * https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todo16:35
robbiew[LINK] http://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todo16:35
MootBotLINK received:  http://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todo16:35
seb128we have a mir review team issue16:35
seb128rickspencer3 took an action on that dunno if he did anything about it yet though16:35
Riddellit needs more members for sure16:36
asacseb128: thought we solved the current blockage16:36
ograor more bribes16:36
seb128ie, all the mir team members have no time for mir reviews now and things are blocking on review16:36
seb128asac, we solved the unity one, Kubuntu has issues as well16:36
asacsame rules apply there16:36
* robbiew will talk to rickspencer316:36
* ogra has jasper-initramfs pending for MIR16:36
Riddellasac: so i should just promote them now?16:37
robbiew[ACTION] robbiew to talk to rickspencer3 about mir team issue16:37
MootBotACTION received:  robbiew to talk to rickspencer3 about mir team issue16:37
asacRiddell: promote + file beta bugs16:37
asacRiddell: you know the important parts (like libs need ABI tracking etc.)16:37
robbiewanything else before we move on to ARM?16:38
Riddellactually that could do with being clarified in the MIR requirements (but that's outside the scope of this meeting)16:38
robbiew[TOPIC] ARM16:38
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM16:38
* ogra waves16:38
ograDetailed status at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARMTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:38
ograShort summary:16:38
ogra* We're blocked by the non booting or non existing omap 3 and 4 kernels atm16:38
ogra* jasper (partition resizer) showed some smaller issues with resizing partitions on the fly that need fixing before images can work.16:38
ogra* FTBFS focus is on gobject-introspection since that breaks the netbook deps16:38
ograA2 status:16:38
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile-maverick-alpha-2.html16:38
ogra(a bit behind here but should be fine by monday, debian-cd merge will happen today, jasper MIR pending)16:38
ograA2 targeted specs:16:39
ograstill only https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/preinstalled-sd-card-images-for-omap16:39
ograBlocking bugs:16:39
ograbug 59594716:39
ubottuLaunchpad bug 595947 in jasper-initramfs (Ubuntu) "MIR for jasper-initramfs" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59594716:39
ograbug 58962416:39
ubottuLaunchpad bug 589624 in linux (Ubuntu) "[Maverick] omap flavour does not work on beagle XM board" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58962416:39
ograbug 59438216:39
ubottuLaunchpad bug 594382 in linux-ti-omap (Ubuntu Maverick) "Wake up daisy chain activation failed on omap3" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59438216:39
ograbug 59594916:39
ubottuLaunchpad bug 595949 in linux-meta-ti-omap (Ubuntu Maverick) "linux-meta-ti-omap depends on the wrong binary kernel in maverick" [Critical,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59594916:39
* ogra sends congratulations to the US btw :)16:39
ograTeam renaming minly done (modulo some cleanup)16:39
ograquestions ?16:39
robbiewthanks ogra16:40
robbiew[TOPIC] MOTU16:40
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU16:40
robbiewnothing on the agenda16:40
robbiewbut always want to be sure ;)16:40
robbiew[TOPIC] Downstreams16:41
MootBotNew Topic:  Downstreams16:41
robbiewLinaro has one feature16:41
robbiewI think asac is covering for them16:41
asacyeah. we only have one spec for alpha-216:42
robbiewand looks like it's waiting on doko16:42
asacwhich is covered by doko afaiu16:42
asacwe have no real blockers atm, besides ourselves16:42
robbiewokay cool16:42
robbiewif folks have questions, jump into #linaro ;)16:43
asacone question: we have the infrastructure team that does most of their work outside the archive16:43
asacdo you want those to be tracked here too?16:43
asacgood. makes sense imo16:44
robbiewthnx asac16:45
robbiew[TOPIC] Maverick regressions16:45
MootBotNew Topic:  Maverick regressions16:45
robbiewnothing critical16:46
robbiewthough the bluetooth one needs some lovin ;)16:46
robbiewbug 59421416:46
ubottuLaunchpad bug 594214 in gnome-bluetooth (Ubuntu Maverick) ""Preferences" and "Setup new device..." options are broken in bluetooth-applet " [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59421416:46
robbiewand I'm not saying that just because I opened it ;)16:46
seb128robbiew, I will check on this one16:46
robbiewseb128: thanks!16:46
robbiew[TOPIC] 10.04.1 LTS16:47
MootBotNew Topic:  10.04.1 LTS16:47
robbiewthere's one blueprint..which is pretty straightforward16:47
robbiewno need to discuss16:47
ScottKFix for Bug #586497 was just uploaded and is waiting for ubuntu-sru to accept.16:47
ubottuLaunchpad bug 586497 in kpackagekit (Ubuntu Maverick) "kpackagekit install security update in automatic mode without authorization" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58649716:47
robbiewI think I missed bug 52580716:48
ubottuLaunchpad bug 525807 in openoffice.org (Ubuntu) "[upstream] [3.2.1] OOo Slide Show and Fullscreen modes - not full screen under compiz" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52580716:48
robbiewgood move seb128 ;)16:49
robbiew[TOPIC] AOB16:49
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB16:49
robbiewany other business?16:49
robbiewthanks all16:50
MootBotMeeting finished at 10:50.16:50
robbiewgo USA!!!!!!16:50
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-lunch
=== kiko is now known as kiko-afk
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== Ursinha-lunch is now known as Ursinha
=== oubiwann is now known as away
=== away is now known as oubiwann
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!