/srv/irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/06/22/#ubuntu-meeting.txt

* andreserl TestDrive PyGTK Front-end Demo Released!02:02
=== jjohansen is now known as jjohansen-afk
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann-away
=== oubiwann-away is now known as oubiwann
=== ogra_ is now known as ogra
lifelesswhat time is the meeting ?10:04
piju2200UTC10:06
lifelessdunno what meeting you're thinking of10:06
lifelessbut thats out by ~10-12 hours10:07
nigelblifeless: I think another hour to go.  I presume you mean asia board10:09
vishlifeless: probably in another hr10:09
lifelessyah10:09
vishah , nigelb !10:09
lifelessthe one I'm the board for :P I figure I should be here10:09
nigelbvish: too slow :p10:09
nigelblifeless: heh10:09
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann-away
=== oubiwann-away is now known as oubiwann
happyaronmeeting time?11:00
lifelessworks for me11:00
pijuhi11:01
amachuhello!11:02
wzssyqahey11:02
happyaronpersia: hi11:04
persiahey happyaron11:04
freeflyinghi all11:04
ejatello ..11:04
happyarondo we have enough board here?11:05
* persia thinks we're short a secretary11:05
happyaronwell, yup11:05
happyaronEleanor: hey11:07
Eleanorhappyaron: hey11:07
amachupersia: and quorum11:08
persiaamachu: We're at least four, but I haven't seen traffic from lifeless, Vantrax, takdiir, or e-jat11:09
ejatpersia: 0/11:11
lifelesspersia: thats cause you're not idling :)11:12
ajmitchpersia: you need to lurk harder11:12
persiaIndeed :)  In that case, we're very quorate.11:12
elkySorry I'm late, only just walked in.11:12
elkyWe have quorum?11:12
persiaWe have at least six present.11:12
elkyWhee!11:12
amachufenris or e-jat ?11:13
amachuwe can begin now11:13
amachui feel11:13
hyperairamachu: ejat's around.11:13
elkyIt's almost 15 past, so yes.11:14
ejati cant register nick fenris in irc ..11:14
ejatso i use ejat11:14
amachulet's vantrax join later11:14
amachupersia: ?11:14
ejatpiju quit?11:15
amachulifeless: ejat: freeflying: raise your hands11:15
lifelesso/11:15
amachuvantrax: Hey..11:15
happyaronVantrax: finally you are here, :D11:16
Vantraxhi11:16
Vantraxsorry, ran a little late getting home11:16
DestineVantrax, hi11:16
elkyLets just start, those not loooking at the screen will later11:16
Destineelky, hi11:16
ejato/11:16
amachuVantrax: we are five positively, you can take over11:16
Vantraxif you insist11:17
* persia counted seven11:17
Vantrax#startmeeting11:17
MootBotMeeting started at 05:17. The chair is Vantrax.11:17
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]11:17
lifelessI'm tired. perhaps I count as 1/2.11:17
* freeflying will leave a little bit early11:17
ejatlifeless: :)11:17
* elky hugs lifeless11:17
lifelessOTOH theres lots of me, so perhaps I count as 2 :>11:17
Vantraxis nasirkhan around?11:17
elkylifeless, likewise here. 3 between us?11:18
Vantraxok, no nasir11:18
Vantraxhow about qzssyqa aka  Yun Qiang Su?11:18
happyaronwzssyqa: ^11:18
wzssyqaVantrax:  i am here11:18
Vantraxahh yeah, my bad11:19
lifelesselky: :>11:19
Vantrax[TOPIC] wzssyqa aka Yun Qiang Su Membership App11:19
MootBotNew Topic:  wzssyqa aka Yun Qiang Su Membership App11:19
wzssyqai am a Graduate in LiaoNing Technology university11:19
wzssyqadevote on translations and packages11:19
wzssyqaI have translated something to zh_CN,and packaged several debian packages11:20
wzssyqaover11:20
Vantrax[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YunQiangSu11:20
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YunQiangSu11:20
Vantrax[LINK] https://launchpad.net/~wzssyqa11:21
MootBotLINK received:  https://launchpad.net/~wzssyqa11:21
persiawzssyqa: One of your testimonials mentions activity in the forums.  Is this the ubuntu.cn forums, or forums.ubuntu.com?11:22
wzssyqapersia: forum.ubuntu.org.cn11:22
persiaWhat's your username there?11:23
wzssyqapersia: as here,the speed of login in Ubuntu.com, is suck,so11:23
wzssyqapersia: wzssyqa11:23
lifelesswzssyqa: your wiki.ubuntu.com links - like https://wiki.ubuntu.com/how%20to%20launch%20to%20IRC - go nowhere11:24
wzssyqalifeless: oh.sorry,as the ftp of ubuntu.org.cn has damaged,i remove the link temp11:25
freeflyingwzssyqa: yes, seems those link on your wiki page break11:25
VantraxDestine: you here to cheer for wzssyqa/talk about his involvement in the china loco?11:25
wzssyqafreeflying: they were in ftp.ubuntu.org.cn,now, it damaged11:26
freeflyingwzssyqa: ic11:26
DestineVantrax, yup, have a loook.11:27
wzssyqapersia: now i will upload them somewhere11:27
VantraxDestine, was curious about his loco involvement, you didnt talk about that and from memory you are active in the lovo11:27
Vantraxwzssyqa: how long have you been contributing to ubuntu?11:27
wzssyqaVantrax: about one year11:28
DestineVantrax, actually his main contribution is not in the field of loco but l10n.11:28
wzssyqanow , i am a reviewer of gnome zh_CN team11:30
Vantraxanyone have more questions?11:31
amachuVantrax: nope11:31
elkyNope11:31
ejatwzssyqa: did u involve with any ubuntu-ch activity?11:31
persiach?  cn?11:31
happyaroncn11:31
Destinecn11:32
ejatcn11:32
ejatsorry ..11:32
wzssyqaejat: i am mainterting a lug on my uninversity11:32
freeflyingwzssyqa: so you have lug in your school? did you get it added to chinalug?11:32
wzssyqaejat: as here is where that linux is not very family to people11:32
wzssyqaejat: there is some difficult ,but i will go on11:33
ejatfamiliar?11:33
Destineejat, yes.11:33
Vantraxanymore questions?11:34
wzssyqapersia: i have upload my documents to http://people.ubuntu.com/~happyaron/wzssyqa/11:34
* happyaron it's in my people.ubuntu.com space, I sponsored him11:34
* persia may not be the only interested party11:35
happyaronwzssyqa is now doing awesome job on GNOME zh_CN team as a translator as well as reviewer11:35
* Destine really good work.11:36
Vantraxthanks for the input happyaron, Destine11:36
happyaron:)11:36
Vantraxokies lets get to it11:36
Vantrax[VOTE] wzssyqa for ubuntu membership11:36
MootBotPlease vote on:  wzssyqa for ubuntu membership.11:36
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot11:36
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting11:36
Vantrax+111:37
MootBot+1 received from Vantrax. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 111:37
happyaronwell, some more input, he is actively participating in our LoCo forum11:37
lifeless+011:37
MootBotAbstention received from lifeless. 1 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 111:37
happyaronand mostly help on partitioning and ubuntu+1 discussions.11:37
lifelessabout half the bugs linked weren't followed up on so got closed because of that11:38
lifelessI'm happy to see the translations and loco stuff11:38
happyaronlifeless: you may check on l10n.gnome.org to see his contributions on translations11:38
persia+1 : Good testimonials, nice documentation, long history (2+ years), wiki page could use more useful links to stuff though.11:39
MootBot+1 received from persia. 2 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 211:39
freeflying+111:39
MootBot+1 received from freeflying. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 311:39
elky+111:39
MootBot+1 received from elky. 4 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 411:39
amachu+1 from me too11:39
MootBot+1 received from amachu. 5 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 511:39
ejat+111:39
MootBot+1 received from ejat. 6 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 611:39
piju+111:39
MootBot+1 received from piju. 7 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 711:39
elkypiju, are you on the board?11:39
Vantrax[ENDVOTE]11:39
MootBotFinal result is 7 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 711:39
lifelesshappyaron: upstream contributions are important too, but we don't generally count them towards Ubuntu membership ... otherwise all of GNOME and KDE would be members :>11:39
pijuelky, yes11:39
Vantraxpiju, not this one:P11:40
pijuyes. me11:40
Vantraxname piju?11:40
happyaronlifeless: well, translations on Launchpad for upstream strings are not encouraged11:40
persiapiju: You're on the agenda to become an Ubuntu membet, but you're not yet a member o the Board.11:40
amachui would second what lifeless say, still testimonials and other factors lead to my +111:40
Vantraxhappyaron: we do take note of them, but they dont hold heavy weight.11:40
happyaronVantrax: :)11:41
pijumy name is mohamad faizul zulkifli11:41
lifelesshappyaron: we can discuss that after the applicants, if you wish.11:41
wzssyqalifeless: ok,why not all of upstream as ubuntu member? if have enough controibt ,and they wish?11:41
VantraxStill , your vote is successful wzssyqa welcome.11:41
elkypiju, being a prospective member of ubuntu doesn't give you Regional Membership Board voting privileges. That's a different group from plain members.11:42
Vantraxwzssyqa: its a recognition of both contribution and community involvement11:42
happyaronwzssyqa: anyway, congrats!11:42
lifelesswzssyqa: if they contribute to Ubuntu, we're delighted to have them; but contributing to a different project is, well, contributing to a different project: its good for free software, its not particularly relevant to Ubuntu membership.11:42
pijuok guys11:42
freeflyinghappyaron: wzssyqa lets talk about that off meeting11:42
pijuhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/piju11:42
persiawzssyqa: I believe it is because the benefits of membership are designed to be most applicable to those directly contributing to Ubuntu, rather than to a separate project (which tends to have similar benefits available through similar processes)11:42
pijuhttp://9w2pju.blogspot.com11:42
MootBotLINK received:  http://9w2pju.blogspot.com11:42
pijuhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuHamsNets11:43
pijuhttp://9w2pju.blogspot.com/search/label/ubuntu11:43
MootBotLINK received:  http://9w2pju.blogspot.com/search/label/ubuntu11:43
Vantrax[TOPIC] Piju ubuntu membership application11:43
MootBotNew Topic:  Piju ubuntu membership application11:43
pijuhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuHamsMembers11:44
pijuok11:44
pijumy name is mohamad faizul zulkifli11:44
pijuand im from malaysia11:44
pijucurrently working as gov servant11:44
pijualso a ham radio11:44
pijuand one of ubuntu-hams member11:44
pijui wrote a lot about using ubuntu as a perfect shack for ham radio operator11:44
pijureporting bugs for ubuntu-hams-devel11:45
pijurunning echolink ubuntu-hams net11:45
pijudo you guys know what is ham radio ?11:45
lifelessyes11:45
pijualso involve with ubuntu-my11:45
pijumore pictures on my facebook11:45
pijuand also at http://9w2pju.blogspot.com11:46
pijudiscussion ubuntu for ham radio with sconklin everyday11:46
pijualso participating on translating for ubuntu-my and ubuntu manual11:46
pijublogging about ubuntu since 200711:46
Vantraxnice choices for testimonials11:47
pijuhttp://piju.fakap.net11:47
MootBotLINK received:  http://piju.fakap.net11:47
freeflyingpiju: how do you help new comers with your ham?11:47
freeflying:)11:47
pijufreeflying, nice questions11:47
Vantraxno one from the my loco tho, i can see you attend loco events11:47
ejatVantrax: yes .. piju always support ubuntu-my loco events11:47
pijufreeflying, first, i will tell them about ubuntu and then what ubuntu offers for ham radio11:47
ejatu can see his pict11:47
pijuincluding their packages11:47
pijuhttp://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs574.snc3/31306_397319043669_761633669_3823741_7316607_n.jpghttp://9w2pju.blogspot.com/2010/06/malaysian-ubuntu-hams-at-lucid-party.html11:48
MootBotLINK received:  http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs574.snc3/31306_397319043669_761633669_3823741_7316607_n.jpghttp://9w2pju.blogspot.com/2010/06/malaysian-ubuntu-hams-at-lucid-party.html11:48
pijusorry11:48
pijuhttp://9w2pju.blogspot.com/2010/06/malaysian-ubuntu-hams-at-lucid-party.html11:48
MootBotLINK received:  http://9w2pju.blogspot.com/2010/06/malaysian-ubuntu-hams-at-lucid-party.html11:48
pijui wrote how to use ubuntu for ham radio operator11:48
pijuon my blog11:48
pijuand i receive lots of email11:48
pijuasking me what is ubuntu all about11:48
freeflyingpiju: cool11:49
pijuok11:49
pijuwhat i am saying here is11:49
pijuthere is so little young ppl who are interested in ham radio11:49
elkyThe internet is so much shinier.11:49
ejatpiju also always helping answering question in #ubuntu-my11:50
pijuif you can see, lots of ham radio opensource developer in #hamradio who are using ubuntu11:50
VantraxI do hear its popular in in malaysia11:50
pijubut they dont even know about #ubuntu-hams11:50
ejatVantrax: yes it is ..11:50
pijuyou know what, ppl said im old school11:50
pijubecause using ham radio to contact my friends11:50
pijuin year 201011:50
piju"ham radio always work"11:50
pijuand ubuntu always be the best ham radio friends11:51
Vantraxanyone here to cheer on piju or give a testimonal in person?11:51
ejatVantrax: o/11:51
pijuwait11:51
pijucheck out http://9w2pju.blogspot.com/2010/05/ubuntu-hams-t-shirt-artwork-from-9w2pju.html11:51
Vantraxanything particular you wanted to say ejat?11:51
VantraxI saw that piju, very cool11:51
pijukamal who work at canonical sent me a ubuntu-hams round badge11:52
ejatas i said before .. piju always supporting ubuntu-my loco activity since 200711:52
lifelessI find joey's comment interesting11:52
pijuubuntu-hams is going hotter than before http://9w2pju.blogspot.com/2010/05/ubuntu-hams-session-notes-on-ubuntu.html11:52
pijuyou know what, the first time i joined #ubuntu-hams, there is only 5,6 ppl11:52
ejatlifeless: yeah .. blog posting n etc ..11:52
Vantraxme too lifeless11:53
lifelesspostive and supporting, but also encouraging you to get involved in more of the actual direct support/creation/community around Ubuntu itself11:53
pijuim now thinking to make a class/unformal talk to ham radio11:53
pijuabout ubuntu11:53
pijuwhat ubuntu offers in emergency communications11:53
lifelessI'm willing to +1 here piju, as I like what you're doing, but I'd like to see more bridging of the two11:53
VantraxI would agree with joey, id like to see some more of your work make it to the wiki's and not just on your blog11:53
pijuid like to see my blog on planet.ubuntu.com11:54
VantraxYour doing good work tho, and i like the tack you are taking to combine your interests to spread ubuntu11:54
pijuwhy not ?11:54
pijui can send morse code using ubuntu11:54
pijucommunicate with ISS ?11:54
pijuhave you all tried ?11:54
VantraxISS?11:54
freeflyingpiju: but you'd have more audience firstly :)11:55
Vantraxoh the space station:P11:55
Vantraxno... do they talk back?11:55
pijudo you know what is ISS ?11:55
pijuham radio can talk to the crews11:55
pijuand also transmit a packet data for APRS11:55
Vantraxthat is very cool, spreading ubuntu in space eh11:55
pijuthere is aprsd and xastir packages for ubuntu11:55
pijujust apt-cache search ham radio11:55
Vantraxanyone have more questions for piju?11:56
ejatagree ... piju but hopefully we can see your contribution to hams radio and to ubuntu in general :)11:56
pijuok next question please11:56
pijuejat, just wait.11:56
ejatpiju: ok .. ill kept your word :)11:56
VantraxIf you promise to get your blog on ubuntu and start putting some of your guides into the wiki its a +1 from me too11:56
pijuubuntu for morse code, building antennas, packet data, APRS, etc11:57
pijuok11:57
VantraxIt would be great to see a how to ubuntu ham etc on the wiki11:57
pijujust get your ham license11:57
pijuand ill see you on the air11:57
pijuhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuHamsNets11:57
pijuecholink is voip for ham radio11:58
pijuBPSK31 is packet data11:58
pijujust type and transmit11:58
Vantraxany last questions?11:58
pijugmfsk, fldigi can do this11:58
pijuany questions ?11:58
Vantraxokies, running out of time so...11:58
Vantrax[VOTE] Piju for Ubuntu Membership11:58
MootBotPlease vote on:  Piju for Ubuntu Membership.11:58
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot11:58
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting11:58
Vantrax+111:59
MootBot+1 received from Vantrax. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 111:59
lifeless+111:59
MootBot+1 received from lifeless. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 211:59
freeflying=111:59
elky+111:59
MootBot+1 received from elky. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 311:59
ejat+111:59
MootBot+1 received from ejat. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 411:59
elkyfreeflying, you need to do that again, it doesn't count =12:00
amachu+1 from, with a comment that the wiki needs more info as felt by others12:00
MootBot+1 received from amachu. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 512:00
Vantraxand ejat's doesnt... afaik12:00
persia+0 : Considerable work in a desreving area, but the UbuntuHams wiki space could use a lot more of this content12:00
MootBotAbstention received from persia. 5 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 512:00
Vantrax[ENDVOTE]12:01
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 512:01
Vantraxwe are out of time:P congrats piju, welcome12:01
pijuthanks Vantrax12:01
ejatcongrate piju12:01
wzssyqathanks you all12:01
pijusee you all on the air soon12:01
pijuget your ham radio license now!12:01
Vantraxlol12:02
Vantraxif only I had time12:02
pijusend me your ubuntu screenshot using SSTV12:02
pijuignore internet for a while12:02
pijuuse the airwaves, and ionosphere!12:02
Vantraxwzssyqa and piju you are added to ubuntu memebers, you can request your forum tag and cloak if you want em12:02
Vantraxpiju: you should be able to get started on getting your blog synched12:02
Vantraxyour ubuntu emails should be live in under 24hrs based on your ~name@ubuntu from launchpad12:03
Vantrax#endmeeting12:03
MootBotMeeting finished at 06:03.12:03
Vantraxthanks for coming guys12:04
nigelband persia does disappearing act again12:04
Vantraxhes good at that:P12:04
pijumeeting finished ?12:05
pijuok.time to on my radio.12:05
pijubye12:05
wzssyqalifeless: hellp12:24
wzssyqalifeless: hello,i want to know,what should i do ,to be enough as an Ubuntu member?12:25
nigelbwzssyqa: could you be more clear?12:26
ajmitchwzssyqa: looks like you've been added to the LP team12:26
wzssyqanigelb: ajmitch i feel that what i do is not enough for ubuntu, i just want to know which work to do12:27
elkywzssyqa, i think this discussion should move to #ubuntu-irc12:27
wzssyqaelky: o ,sorry12:28
elkyJust so meeting logs aren't all mixed up with general discussion12:28
nigelbelky: appologies.12:29
elkywzssyqa, are you going to "/join #ubuntu-irc"?12:32
wzssyqaelky: ok12:32
NCommander#startmeeting13:00
MootBotMeeting started at 07:00. The chair is NCommander.13:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]13:00
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/20100622#preview13:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/20100622#preview13:00
NCommanderdavidm: ogra, dyfet ping?13:01
ogra??13:02
=== sound-10001 is now known as sound-1000
* ogra wonders if NCommander reads his gcal from time to time 13:03
NCommander oh crap13:03
ogra:)13:03
NCommanderI'm an hour early13:03
ogramorning :)13:03
NCommander#endmeeting13:03
MootBotMeeting finished at 07:03.13:03
* NCommander goes back to sleep13:03
NCommander#startmeeting13:59
MootBotMeeting started at 07:59. The chair is NCommander.13:59
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]13:59
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/20100622#preview13:59
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/20100622#preview13:59
NCommanderGrueMaster: ogra dyfet davidm ping?14:00
GrueMasteryep14:00
cooloneyNCommander: i am here14:00
davidmNCommander, G'day14:00
ogramoop14:00
NCommanderhey cooloney.14:00
mpoirierNCommander: me too.14:00
mpoirierfull house this morning.14:00
* NCommander gives ogra coffee to turn that moop into something else14:01
NCommanderindeed14:01
NCommanderlets get right into it14:01
NCommander[topic] Action Item Review14:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Action Item Review14:01
NCommander[topic] davidm to ship mpoirier a beagle C414:01
MootBotNew Topic:  davidm to ship mpoirier a beagle C414:01
mpoiriergot the beagle board but USB port seems dead.14:01
mpoirierordered another one from Sparkfun.14:02
NCommander[topic] davidm to ship mpoirier a XM board14:02
MootBotNew Topic:  davidm to ship mpoirier a XM board14:02
mpoiriergot the XM board.14:02
NCommanderexcellent14:02
NCommander[topic] ogra to talk to persia about IRC channels14:02
MootBotNew Topic:  ogra to talk to persia about IRC channels14:02
* NCommander suspects this is a c/o. ENOPERSIA14:03
ograright14:03
ograno idea why he's not around14:03
NCommander[topic] Standing Items14:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Standing Items14:03
NCommanderogra: his internet connection is down; as is his IRC proxies14:03
* NCommander talked to him yesterday14:03
ograah, great14:03
NCommanderer, maybe not his internet, but something got mangled14:03
persiamy servers14:04
NCommander[topic] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile.html14:04
MootBotNew Topic:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile.html14:04
NCommanderpersia: ah, where did you come from?14:04
* NCommander didn't see you join14:04
ograNCommander, can you also add the WI chgart for the next milestone to the agenda ?14:04
davidmI spoke with persia last night, he is home working14:04
NCommanderogra: NP14:04
ograhttp://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile-maverick-alpha-2.html14:04
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile-maverick-alpha-2.html14:04
ogra(for today, next week its A3)14:05
NCommanderwe're looking good on both charts overall14:05
ograwell, we could look better :)14:05
ograhacking around in jasper for days stole a lot of my time14:05
NCommanderogra: its not the usual "OMG, ONE WEEK TO RELEASE AND ITS ALL RED"14:05
ograbut its fixed now14:06
persiaI don't actually expect to finish the jasper review by Thursday.14:06
persiaProbably next week: should that be retargeted?14:06
ograpersia, then postpone your item14:06
persiaOK14:06
ograi'll do the same for the docs part14:06
NCommanderanything else to be brought up?14:06
NCommander[topic] Kernel Status (cooloney, mpoirier)14:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Status (cooloney, mpoirier)14:06
NCommanderer14:06
* NCommander didn't mean to press enter14:06
mpoiriersubmitted temporary fix for b594382 - daisy chain.14:07
NCommanderyay!14:07
ogra\o/14:07
ograso we should have booting omap3 again :)14:07
mpoirierb591941 - SD card is on hold until previous is resolved.14:07
ogracould you also take a look at the XM issue ?14:08
mpoirieryes, after these two bugs are resolved.14:08
ograbug 58962414:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 589624 in linux (Ubuntu) "[Maverick] omap flavour does not work on beagle XM board" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58962414:08
ogra(if you type out the word "bug" you get a nice bot response btw ;) )14:08
ograhow is the status on omap4 ?14:09
ograi saw an upload14:09
ograbut no metapackage or anything yet14:09
mpoirierlag is working on omap4 - should have touched base with him.14:10
mpoirierwill do for the next meeting.14:10
lagI am not working on OMAP414:10
ograwell, we would need a kernel (including metapackage) by thursday14:10
lagI have a board14:10
lagAnd a bootable kernel14:10
lagBut I have not been actively working on it14:10
* cooloney lol 14:10
ograalpha release is coming and we are committed to release our first images by then14:11
davidmWho is working on OMAP4?14:11
cooloneyogra: rtg is working on the metapackage for ti-omap4 branch14:11
ogracooloney, great14:11
cooloneydavidm: i am working on it, but don't have board14:11
ogracooloney, has the kernel in the archive been tested14:11
NCommanderis the kernel in the archive Panda safe?14:11
lagI am doing cooloney's testing14:12
cooloneyogra: i think only sebjan from TI and lag test that14:12
cooloneylag: thanks for the testing14:12
lagHis board by proxy14:12
ogragreat14:12
cooloneyand ti-omap4 branch was merged into our maverick kernel now14:12
ograi think u-boot needs an update, the current omap4 version only boots blaze atm14:12
cooloneyit is based on TI 2.6.34 omap4 release14:12
ograyeah14:12
ograwill switch to .35 before kernel freeze14:13
cooloneyand TI will provide the .35 based omap4 branch at the mid of Aug14:13
ograright14:13
cooloneysebjan told us that14:13
cooloneyand for lucid fsl-imx5114:13
ograNCommander, btw, was ndec officially invited to the meeting now ?14:13
ogralucid fsl ?14:14
cooloneykernel was in the -proposed, and pitti asked for testing14:14
ograwhat do you update there ?14:14
NCommanderogra: he was14:14
ograok14:14
cooloneyGrueMaster: could you help on that?14:14
ogracooloney, yeah, thats for GrueMaster14:14
cooloneybug #55906514:14
ograbut i guess it will be covered in QA anyway14:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 559065 in linux-fsl-imx51 (Ubuntu) "ifconfig eth0 down will cause system hang after fec.c driver update" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/55906514:14
ograonce that topic is up :)14:14
GrueMasterI didn't see any updates or emails, but will test asap.14:14
NCommandercan I move on?14:15
* ogra saw a lot bug status changes last week14:15
ogramove !14:15
cooloneyGrueMaster: yeah, i will email you soon14:15
NCommander[topic] QA Status (GrueMaster)14:15
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Status (GrueMaster)14:15
cooloneyyeah, i am done14:15
GrueMasterNot much to report here.  I've ripped apart the hand made image ogra sent me last week as many ways as I possibly can.14:15
ograi'll have a new one later today for you :)14:16
ografinally with most bits working14:16
GrueMasterI'm currently trying to hand-build my own images so I can get familiar with the tools and build process.14:16
GrueMasterok14:16
GrueMasterAll the bugs I was going to cover have been touched on, so, next.14:18
ograNCommander, ?14:19
NCommander[topic] ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:19
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:19
NCommanderI smashed kdebase-workspace over the weekend to fix a large chunk of KDE FTBFS14:19
ograthere is a lot of new stuff14:20
ograevo ...14:20
ogralibbonoboui14:20
ograxscreensaver !14:20
NCommanderogra: partial fallout from gobjection-inspector and a few others being broken :-/14:21
ografew other things ?14:21
davidmdyfet, status on gobject-introspection?14:21
ogralibgtkhtml-editor-dev: Depends: libgtkhtml-editor014:22
NCommanderogra: thought I saw s afe wlibraries in the list, but I'm kinda half awake ATM14:22
ogra^^^ evo14:22
NCommanderdyfet: ping?14:23
ograbonobo looks like a give-back14:23
* ogra tries that14:23
GrueMasterYou should post the link to the ftbs sheet.14:23
NCommanderI'll be looking at nursing the FTBFS list this week since basics for preinstalled images are done, and we need to have a happier archive for A214:23
dyfetBack14:23
davidmdyfet, will be here in a moment14:23
ograubuntu-artwork: Depends: light-themes <-- xscreensaver14:24
dyfetI am still working on gobject-inspection14:24
ograwe'll start building images tomorrow14:24
davidmdyfet, do you understand what is going wrong?14:24
dyfetI originally thought it was bison, because the source parser was producing invalid results14:25
ogradid you talk to seb128 or didrocks ?14:25
dyfetI think now it is something specific to gobject-inspection and gcc14:25
dyfetand not the dependencies14:26
NCommanderdyfet: have you tried building with different GCC flags or other GCC versions?14:26
dyfetThats what I was starting on this morning14:26
dyfetI noticed we have gcc-4.5 in Maverick, too...14:27
ograi dont think we default to it though14:27
dyfetogra: no we do not14:28
persiaWe don't14:28
ograright14:28
NCommanderso anything else to bring up or can I move on?14:28
ograwell, we need to get that fixed14:29
ograand a bunch of other FTBFS stuff too14:29
* ogra just gave back evo 14:29
NCommander[topic] ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)14:30
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)14:30
ograwell14:30
ograi'm behind on the publishing scripts review14:30
ograwill finish that today14:31
ograjasper kheld me up a lot14:31
ograor rather vfat did14:31
NCommander_\o/_14:31
ograbut i just solved that bit before the meeting14:31
NCommanderogra: so resizing works now?14:31
ograjasper MIR is still not done (i hope we manage that in time)14:31
ograresizing works fine on two SD cards i tried it on14:31
ograthe partition table is clean before and after and the vfat stays bootable14:32
NCommanderogra: maybe you should delgate the MIR to someone else14:32
ograi'm just doing a full image test before spinning a new one for GrueMaster to test14:32
ograNCommander, i'll ask asac once the code is ready14:32
ograi dont want to push for a MIR review for half finished code14:33
NCommanderogra: probably worth to MIR now so we don't get ourselves in trouble down the road. YMMV14:33
asac++14:33
ograits MIRed since two weeks14:33
ograbut i didnt subscribe the MIR team to it yet14:33
ograsince i want the code done first14:33
ograthe vfat issues held me up for about four days14:33
ograwhich is very unfortunate14:34
NCommander:-/14:34
ograso given jasper gets in, the RT is processed for BuildLiveCD and i got the publishing scripts merged, we're ready to roll14:34
ogra(modulo unknown bugs ... we never tested all bits together yet :) )14:35
NCommander_\o/_ \o_ _o/ \o/!14:35
NCommanderogra: well, we didn't break normal dailies with the d-cd merge. That's a good first sign14:35
ograi hope what comes out at the rear end will actually be what we expect :)14:35
NCommanderogra: a pile of expections?14:36
* NCommander runs14:36
NCommanderanyway14:36
ograexpections or exceptions ? :)14:36
NCommander[topic] Any Other Business14:36
MootBotNew Topic:  Any Other Business14:36
* ogra likes to do exceptional work *g*14:36
NCommanderheh14:37
* NCommander thinks davidm had somethng he wanted to brin gup14:37
davidmNCommander, nope I was interesting in FTBFS14:38
NCommanderok14:38
NCommanderclosing meeting in14:38
NCommander314:38
NCommander214:38
NCommander114:38
NCommander#endmeeting14:38
MootBotMeeting finished at 08:38.14:38
NCommanderwoo14:38
jester-hi15:23
sorenUm..16:02
sorenD16:02
sorenDMB meeting, anyone?16:02
* micahg is here :)16:02
persiasoren: Sounds good.16:03
* barry is lurking16:03
* mtaylor is also lurking16:03
* cnd o/16:03
* geser waves16:05
* menesis waiting16:06
* tumbleweed is kind of hoping the meeting will happen - third time lucky? :)16:06
gesertumbleweed: one DMB member missing to reach quorum16:07
dholbachsoren: you could try pinging cody-somerville, cjwatson and stgraber :)16:08
geserdholbach: cjwatson and stgraber said that they are absent16:08
dholbachah, I'll better shut up then :)16:08
geserwaiting on nixternal or cody-somerville16:08
persiaTwo of those people already sent apologies though, which reduces the chances of that working perfectly :)16:09
* cody-somerville is on the phone unfortunately. :(16:09
cjwatsonI can possibly manage it, this is one hour later than I'd thought16:09
micahgthe Fridge is off 1 hr for the summer :)16:09
cjwatsonI won't be enormously active but can be present16:10
nixternalhola16:10
gesersoren: will you chair?16:11
cjwatsonoh good, I'd prefer if I could sit out for today, since nixternal's here16:11
nixternaldon't know how long I can stay around...i am on battery on my netbook and my power cord is nowhere to be found right now16:11
gesernixternal: how long will your battery last?16:12
sorengeser: I'd rather not. I'm expecting a phone call :(16:12
nixternalprobably an hour...waiting for a new computer, as I am stuck with a netbook for the past week...my puters didn't make it through a microburst/tornado, except for my netbook, only because it was on me the night of the storm and i wasn't around :)16:13
nixternalif my battery dies I can switch over to my droid if need be16:14
gesercjwatson: did Rodrigo Moya did contact you about his tomboy PPU upload rights?16:14
cjwatsonI have no unprocessed mail from him16:14
cjwatsonwas this an action from a previous meeting?16:15
cjwatsoncan somebody who's not me please chair and start the meeting16:15
geserthis came up today in #ubuntu-desktop16:15
cjwatsonis he supposed to have tomboy upload rights?16:15
cjwatsonI'd appreciate a reference to meeting minutes if so16:16
gesercjwatson: will dig it up, we didn't properly finish his deferred votes16:16
geser#startmeeting16:16
MootBotMeeting started at 10:16. The chair is geser.16:16
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:16
geser[TOPIC] Review of previous action items16:17
MootBotNew Topic:  Review of previous action items16:17
geser* cjwatson to create ubuntu-kernel-uploaders team owned by the DMB that will provide upload permissions to Ubuntu kernel packages16:17
cjwatsonnot done, sorry16:17
geserok, will leave it on the agenda then16:17
geser* Cody to write an e-mail to the list concerning the layout/format of the DMB meeting - membership first16:17
geserseems to not happened either, don't remember an email about it16:18
* micahg has another item that should have been on there (Create Mozilla Package Set)16:18
gesercjwatson: ^^ this is also still pending?16:19
=== jjohansen-afk is now known as jjohansen
cjwatson>>> mozilla = lp.packagesets.new(name='mozilla', distroseries=maverick, description='Packages related to Mozilla', owner=techboard)16:20
cjwatsondoes anyone have a reference to the meeting in which the mozilla set was approved?16:21
cjwatsonah, 2010-05-2516:21
gesercjwatson: http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/05/25/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t17:1616:21
micahgshould I change the owner of the Mozilla uploader team to the DMB now?16:22
geserpersia: do you have time to write the minutes for that DMB meeting?16:22
persiaOops.  Yeah.  I'll publish them in 10-12 hours.16:22
geserthanks16:23
cjwatsonhm, that should be DMB not TB I think16:23
geserwe voted on "Creation of a Mozilla Package set with a set of developers to be administered by the DMB"16:23
geserhas somebody else any other pending action items?16:24
cjwatsonwe did not vote to actually add any developers to that set16:24
persiaRight.  The set of developers who can upload to the mozilla packageset is currently null.16:24
geserdidn't the proposal for that package set mentioned to "initialize" it with ~ubuntu-mozilla-uploaders?16:26
cjwatsonthe meeting explicitly separated micahg's developer status from the set, but not the other uploaders16:27
* micahg just removed himself from the team and set DMB as owner16:27
geserdo we want to vote on this?16:27
persiaLet's, quickly.16:27
geser[VOTE] Add Alexander Sack (asac), Chris Coulson (chrisccoulson) and Fabien Tassin (fta) as uploaders to the Mozilla Package set16:29
MootBotPlease vote on:  Add Alexander Sack (asac), Chris Coulson (chrisccoulson) and Fabien Tassin (fta) as uploaders to the Mozilla Package set.16:29
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot16:29
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting16:29
geser+116:29
MootBot+1 received from geser. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 116:29
cjwatson+116:29
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 216:29
persia+116:29
MootBot+1 received from persia. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 316:29
soren+116:29
MootBot+1 received from soren. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 416:29
gesernixternal?16:30
nixternal+116:30
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 516:30
geser[ENDVOTE]16:30
nixternalsorry, was looking for my power cord :)16:30
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 516:30
cjwatsonimplemented16:32
persiaJust for confirmation, can we implement that using ~ubuntu-mozilla-uploaders, for ease of administration?16:32
cjwatsonargh16:32
cjwatsonok16:32
cjwatsondone (modulo response time)16:32
persiacjwatson: Sorry to make more work for you: the idea is to reduce your workload in the future :)16:33
cjwatsonyeah16:33
gesernext topic?16:33
cjwatsonplease16:33
geser[TOPIC] Administrative Matters16:33
MootBotNew Topic:  Administrative Matters16:33
geser* Meeting Structure16:33
geser* Voting Procedures16:34
geserI remember we voted on parts of it in the last meeting16:34
geserand wanted to continue this per mail16:34
persiaLet's ignore those until I belatedly summarise the current state of affairs, and we have some list discussion.16:34
geserok16:34
geserthen applications next16:35
geserwho knows which application is first?16:35
nixternalcore-dev?16:35
persiatumbleweed is the oldest outstanding, if I'm reading ?action=info correctly16:37
geserAs Robert Ancell (core-dev application) is not here (see also his mail on devel-permissions) I assume we can do that one16:38
geser[TOPIC] MOTU application: Stefano Rivera16:39
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU application: Stefano Rivera16:39
* tumbleweed waves16:39
geser[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StefanoRivera/MOTUApplication16:39
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StefanoRivera/MOTUApplication16:39
gesernobody has any questions? that's unusual16:42
highvoltageooh, I'm just in time!16:42
tumbleweedhighvoltage: oh, thanks16:42
highvoltageI just want to say that tumbleweed is awesome and he's way too modest!16:42
tumbleweedlol16:43
nixternaltumbleweed: you say that you have begun work on improving upstream patches. what work have you begun and is it helping (yet?)?16:43
highvoltageI reviewed some of tumbleweed's pacakges in REVU too and he was really quick with fixing minor issues, but he ended up getting it in Debian really well so we didn't upload those specific packages (use it / don't use it)16:44
tumbleweednixternal: I've come across a handful of packages where Ubuntu has diverged quite a bit from debian. I forward those up to debian or upstream16:44
tumbleweednixternal: so far, fpm maintainer accepted all the ubuntu patches (with modifications)16:44
tumbleweedand quite a few others are in debian bugs now. Can't remember many more details there16:44
cjwatsonhttps://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2010-June/030936.html might be good if you want a challenge!16:45
nixternaltumbleweed: groovy...sounds like a good start16:46
tumbleweedcjwatson: yeah, I've seen one or two of those and run screaming16:46
nixternalyeah, just looking at that list makes me cringe a bit16:48
* micahg already claimed 3 :)16:48
geserany other questions? persia? soren?16:48
* persia doesn't have any16:49
nixternalseeing as I can't really build packages on my netbook without jumping out of a window, I am down right now. looks like my new puter will be here tomorrow so I can start dev'ing again...I have been itching...try building some c++ or java code on a netbook...so not fun!16:49
sorengeser: nope16:50
geser[VOTE] Should Stefano Rivera become MOTU?16:50
MootBotPlease vote on:  Should Stefano Rivera become MOTU?.16:50
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot16:50
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting16:50
geser+116:50
MootBot+1 received from geser. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 116:50
nixternal+116:50
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 216:50
cjwatson+116:51
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 316:51
soren+116:51
MootBot+1 received from soren. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 416:51
persia+116:52
MootBot+1 received from persia. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 516:52
geser[ENDVOTE]16:52
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 516:52
highvoltagetumbleweed: congrats and welcome to MOTU!16:52
tumbleweedthanks everyone :)16:52
gesertumbleweed: congrats16:52
nixternaltumbleweed: congrats and welcome!16:53
geserwho is next? (I remember we changed the order but not to what order)16:54
nixternalcore-dev, motu, ppu, contribs?16:55
persiaI don't think we decided the order.  barry is next by age, BlackZ is next by category16:55
barrypersia: ouch.  hopefully that means by age of page edit :)16:55
persiabarry: Yes16:55
geser[TOPIC] PPU application: Barry Warsaw16:56
MootBotNew Topic:  PPU application: Barry Warsaw16:56
geser[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BarryWarsaw/MyApplication16:56
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BarryWarsaw/MyApplication16:56
* persia remains uncomfortable approving PPU applications with no changelog entries16:59
* soren has a hard stop coming up :(16:59
geserbarry: I see that you have only some sponsored uploads for the packages you apply for. Did someone else upload the others for you?16:59
barrygeser: mostly mvo17:00
cjwatsonI don't mind approving PPU applications for which there've been uploads in the same general category (as appears to be the case here).17:00
nixternalditto17:00
mvo(just for the record I'm here if there are any questions)17:01
=== kiko is now known as kiko-fud
geserany questions?17:03
nixternalnone here17:03
cjwatsonnope17:03
* soren has to run17:03
geser[VOTE] Grant Barry Warsaw upload rights for computer-janitor, python-lazr.restful, python-lazr.restfulclient, python-argparse, python-virtualenv, python-flufl.enum, python-flufl.i18n17:04
MootBotPlease vote on:  Grant Barry Warsaw upload rights for computer-janitor, python-lazr.restful, python-lazr.restfulclient, python-argparse, python-virtualenv, python-flufl.enum, python-flufl.i18n.17:04
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:04
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:04
cjwatson+117:05
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:05
nixternal+117:05
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:05
geser+117:05
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:05
persia+0 : The work is good, but I'd like to see at least one sponsored upload for each package for a PPU application.17:05
MootBotAbstention received from persia. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 317:05
geserI've got a +1 from soren for barry17:06
geser[ENDVOTE]17:06
MootBotFinal result is 3 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 317:06
persiabarry: Congratulations17:06
nixternalbarry: congrats and welcome!17:06
mvocongrats barry17:06
barryawesome, thanks!  persia: nod17:06
geseras we don't have any order anymore: who is here and wants next?17:07
* oubiwann high-fives barry 17:07
* micahg is here :)17:07
BlackZ\o17:07
cndo/17:07
* mtaylor is here17:07
* menesis is here17:07
persiaBlackZ is next by both age and category17:08
geserok17:08
cjwatsondo we have quorum any more?17:08
gesergeser, persia, nixternal and cjwatson = 417:08
cjwatsonbarry: there are no python-flufl.enum or python-flufl.i18n packages in the archive, so I don't think I am technically able to grant permissions for those right now17:09
cjwatsonbarry: can you ping me when those are in the archive (via sponsorship)?17:09
cjwatsonand remind me of the date of today's meeting17:09
persiaBlackZ: your application isn't quite complete: if you're not comfortable sharing what you like least about Ubuntu, could you share what you think is most important to improve?17:09
geser[TOPIC] Universe contributor application: Lorenzo De Liso17:09
barrycjwatson: absolutely.  thanks17:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Universe contributor application: Lorenzo De Liso17:09
geser[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LorenzoDeLiso/UniverseContributorApplication17:10
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LorenzoDeLiso/UniverseContributorApplication17:10
cjwatsonbarry: (the remainder are active now)17:10
BlackZpersia: I think we should improve the relationship with the debian developers17:10
BlackZand get the work in debian directly, that would provide more benefits17:10
BlackZ(I mean for new packages)17:11
barrycjwatson: thanks!  mvo will be happy :)17:11
BlackZand there's not a thing that I don't like in ubuntu (as far)17:11
BlackZthat's the reason why I admitted it :)17:11
persiaBlackZ: Any specific suggestions on how we can do that?  Sometimes we run into issues with NEW delays or with developers who don't have hardware handy to test in Debian prior to upload.17:11
BlackZpersia: the first way for new contributors would be mentors.debian.net (that's the way which I'm following too)17:12
BlackZthere's a lot of documentation that can really help17:12
geserBlackZ: is the documentation still up-to-date or does it need some work?17:15
BlackZgeser: I think it needs some work17:16
BlackZsomeone could feel themselves rejected for the reason "nobody wants to see my packages"17:16
BlackZbut it's not -- we have our own skills also in the debian packaging17:17
BlackZe.g. I'd prefer python and C++ application and avoid all java stuff17:17
BlackZs/application/applications17:17
BlackZ(EOF)17:18
geserany more questions?17:18
* persia is done17:19
geser[VOTE] Should Lorenzo De Liso become Universe Contributor?17:19
MootBotPlease vote on:  Should Lorenzo De Liso become Universe Contributor?.17:19
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:19
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:19
persia+117:19
MootBot+1 received from persia. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:19
geser+117:19
MootBot+1 received from geser. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:19
cjwatson+117:20
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:20
nixternal+117:20
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:20
geser[ENDVOTE]17:20
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 417:20
persiaBlackZ: Congratulations!17:21
BlackZthanks all17:21
nixternalBlackZ: congrats and welcome!17:21
geserpersia: who is next? menesis or mtaylor?17:22
persiamtaylor, I think.17:22
* mtaylor votes for mtaylor of course17:22
persiaBut I don't see menesis on the info page, which confuses me17:23
geserpersia: edit #6317:23
* menesis is Gediminas Paulauskas17:23
geserI add him as he only mailed his application short before a past DMB meeting and I added him for the meeting after that17:24
persiamenesis: Right, but your edit seems subsumed somewhere in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda?action=info :(17:24
persiageser: Ah, then menesis is next (rev=63 vs 65)17:25
geser[TOPIC] PPU application: Gediminas Paulauskas17:25
MootBotNew Topic:  PPU application: Gediminas Paulauskas17:25
geser[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GediminasPaulauskas/MyApplication17:25
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GediminasPaulauskas/MyApplication17:25
highvoltageooh, I reviewed a bunch of menesis' packages before as well. he's been doing a real good job with the Zope packages over the Lucid cycle17:27
persiamenesis: Do you expect the set of people maintaining Zope in Ubuntu to grow over time, or just be you?17:28
gesermenesis: how many from the packages on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GediminasPaulauskas/Packages are currently in Ubuntu?17:29
menesisI hope it will be more people17:29
nixternalinteresting...there is a local company here in chicago who do zope dev work and installs for companies, and they said Ubuntu has great packages...this was just last week at a tech conference...pretty groovy17:30
mhall119must be a recent change, I should zope packages on Ubuntu had been a problem17:31
mhall119oops, in the middle of a meeting, sorry for interrupting17:31
menesisnixternal: it could be true a few years ago, and that's about zope2.10, that has since been removed from Debian17:31
nixternalContextual is the name of the company17:31
nixternalso he was more than likely blowing smoke up my rear to get rid of me as he probably didn't want to talk to me :D17:32
menesiscurrent zope2 and plone are not packaged at all, and that's not what I work on.17:32
menesisI work on SchoolTool and Zope 317:32
nixternalschooltool ftw. you chat with the edubuntu devs?17:33
menesisgeser: let me count.17:33
nixternalI would know this if my IRC server was up and running and I wasn't afk for a couple of weeks due to hardware problems17:33
menesisyes I have been at UDS and talked with some people from edubuntu17:33
nixternalawesome17:33
cjwatsonFWIW we can only grant upload privileges at the moment for packages currently in Ubuntu17:34
cjwatson(just so you know)17:34
menesisYes, dholbach warned me that might be hard17:35
gesermenesis: a rough count is enough, I don't need an exact count17:36
menesisbut, if I were to upload all those packages, it is too much work and too little interest to file needs-packaging bugs and upload to REVU every single package17:36
cjwatsonit's OK to ask for permission in advance, we can just only actually turn it on once they're in the archive17:37
persiamenesis: You don't need to upload to REVU: it's just a handy tool to enable peer-review, which we encourage for all new packages (whether one has upload rights or not).17:37
cjwatsonthat last step won't require a meeting to approve it though17:37
menesisgeser: 20-3017:37
persiaIf the packages are available for review somewhere else, that works too.17:37
geserany other questions?17:38
menesispersia: they are available in schooltool ppa, is that acceptable?17:38
menesisi.e. I upload a new package to the PPA, someone sponsors it, after it enters the archive, the package is added to the set17:39
persiamenesis: PPAs are often used: some folk prefer REVU for comments and version overwriting, but anywhere works, really.17:39
menesisgood.17:39
* persia asked all the questions at UDS.17:40
persiaI would like to exclude the last category (dependencies) from the set though, unless someone has a very strong argument for inclusion.17:40
cjwatsonagreed17:41
menesistwo packagesets should be created I think, pkg-zope-uploaders and schooltool-uploaders.17:41
menesiswell, schooltool is just me, while zope is of interest to more people17:41
geserpersia: "van.pydeb" should stay in the list?17:42
menesispersia: yes, Dependencies are already in archive, I had some problems with them, but I'm ok not having rights for them17:42
persiaProbably, as it's important mostly for Zope, and has been troublesome in the past.  I just don't want to go all the way down the stack (the last category, plus the recursive dependencies thereof)17:43
cjwatsonI'm OK with van.pydeb being included together with this; I don't think it's widely used elsewhere, is it?17:43
menesisyes, please, van.pydeb is a build dependency of all packages. a tool created by Brian Sutherland specifically to package zope packages.17:43
menesisit may be useful to any python package with many dependencies, though17:44
cjwatsonso I think it would be fine to have a zope packageset incorporating the Zope, Zope Community, and Python Packaging sections, and a schooltool packageset for the rest17:45
cjwatsonexcluding the Dependencies section17:45
geser[VOTE] Grant Gediminas Paulauskas upload rights for the packages listed at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GediminasPaulauskas/Packages (rev #5) from the sections "Zope", "Zope Community", "SchoolTool" and "Python Packaging"17:45
MootBotPlease vote on:  Grant Gediminas Paulauskas upload rights for the packages listed at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GediminasPaulauskas/Packages (rev #5) from the sections "Zope", "Zope Community", "SchoolTool" and "Python Packaging".17:45
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:45
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:45
cjwatson+1 - I'd like to implement that grant by way of two packagesets as suggested above17:45
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:45
nixternal+117:45
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:45
persia+1 : assuming implementation as cjwatson described17:45
MootBot+1 received from persia. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:45
gesercjwatson: 47 packages have python-van.pydeb in Build-Depends17:45
geser+117:46
MootBot+1 received from geser. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:46
geser[ENDVOTE]17:46
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 417:46
* persia is running out of stamina, and only has time for one more17:46
cjwatsongeser: right, and they're practically all zope.*17:46
cjwatsonplease give me an action to do the packagesets here, it will take a while to set up17:46
* cnd is still here :)17:47
* micahg is still here17:47
menesisI can generate a list of packages already in maverick, I have a tool for that17:47
* mtaylor is still here17:47
cjwatsonmenesis: so do I :)17:47
geser[ACTION] cjwatson create a zope packageset incorporating the Zope, Zope Community, and Python Packaging sections, and a schooltool packageset for the SchoolTool section17:47
MootBotACTION received:  cjwatson create a zope packageset incorporating the Zope, Zope Community, and Python Packaging sections, and a schooltool packageset for the SchoolTool section17:47
geserone last application for today (we are nearing 2h duration)17:48
geser[TOPIC] PPU application: Monty Taylor17:49
MootBotNew Topic:  PPU application: Monty Taylor17:49
geser[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MontyTaylor/PerPackageUploaderApplication17:49
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MontyTaylor/PerPackageUploaderApplication17:49
persiamtaylor: Could you expand on your plans for the future?17:50
mtaylorpersia: sure. currently I'm mainly focused on the things where I'm also upstream I'd love to eventually become a MOTU17:51
mtaylorI'd also be interested in working on some meta-projects - like working on packaging process or tooling17:52
mtaylorand I'll most likely be involved in some way or another with ongoing server/cloud discussions and planning17:53
mtaylorEOF17:53
persiaI don't think we can approve the request for haildb today (or I'm failing to find the package due to the hour), and I'll overlook my regular opposition regarding pandora-build in the interests of not forcing lifeless to purchase a fish.17:54
mtaylor:)17:54
mtayloryeah- haildb was just on the todo list. that's certainly fine by me17:55
geserany other questions?17:56
* cjwatson idly notes that drizzle fails to build everywhere but amd6417:57
mtayloryeah- working on that17:57
cjwatsonwas wondering whether or not it was deliberate :)17:57
cjwatsonok, no questions17:57
mtaylorheh17:57
geser[VOTE] Grant Monty Taylor upload rights for drizzle, gearmand, libdrizzle, libinnodb, libmemcached, python-drizzle and pandora-build?17:57
MootBotPlease vote on:  Grant Monty Taylor upload rights for drizzle, gearmand, libdrizzle, libinnodb, libmemcached, python-drizzle and pandora-build?.17:57
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:57
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:57
persia+117:58
MootBot+1 received from persia. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:58
geser+117:58
MootBot+1 received from geser. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:58
cjwatson+117:58
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:58
geserI've got a +1 from soren for mtaylor17:59
gesernixternal: still enough power for a vote?18:00
nixternal+118:00
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 418:00
geser[ENDVOTE]18:00
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 418:00
nixternalhaha, yeah, found my power cord...hiding under my bed :)18:00
mtaylorthanks everybody!18:01
nixternalmtaylor: congrats and welcome!18:01
bjfcan we start our meeting?18:02
gesermicahg and cnd: you will be first on the next meeting, sorry18:02
micahggeser: ok, thanks18:02
cndgeser: sounds good18:02
bjf#startmeeting18:02
geserwe lost quorum anyways18:02
MootBotbjf, There is already a meeting in progress.18:02
cjwatsonmtaylor: that's active for you now18:02
menesiscjwatson: I have attached a list of existing zope packages to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GediminasPaulauskas/Packages?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=zope_packages_in_maverick.txt18:02
geser#endmeeting18:02
JFoo/18:02
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:02.18:02
cjwatsonmenesis: thanks18:02
bjf#startmeeting18:02
ckingo/ here18:02
MootBotMeeting started at 12:02. The chair is bjf.18:02
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]18:02
mtaylorcjwatson: thanks!18:02
apwo/18:02
lag                 |//18:02
lag                (o o)18:02
lag+---------oOO----(_)-------------------+18:02
lag|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|18:02
lag|~~~~~~ ¤  Hello Kernel Team  ¤ ~~~~~~~|18:02
lag|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|18:02
* ogasawara waves18:03
lag+--------------------oOO---------------+18:03
lag                   |__|__|18:03
lag                    || ||18:03
lag                   ooO Ooo18:03
* lag giggles18:03
* apw slaps lag18:03
sconklinhere18:03
jjohansen\o18:03
mpoirierpresent18:03
* pgraner is here 0/18:03
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:03
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick18:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick18:03
bjf#18:03
bjf# NOTE: '..' indicates that you are finished with your input.18:03
bjf#18:03
bjf[TOPIC] Open action item: manjo to send a patch with test info18:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Open action item: manjo to send a patch with test info18:04
bjf[TOPIC] Open action item: jfo to put out a CFT on new firewire stack18:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Open action item: jfo to put out a CFT on new firewire stack18:04
JFothat is holding for manjo's test kernel18:04
JFoit will likely land in Alpha318:05
JFoit is also tracked in the firewire blueprint18:05
JFo..18:05
apwmanjo is travelling18:05
bjf[TOPIC] Release Metrics: (JFo)18:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Release Metrics: (JFo)18:05
JFoRelease Meeting Bugs (3 bugs, 9 Blueprints)18:05
JFo==== Alpha 2 Milestoned Bugs (17 (down 12)) ====18:05
JFo * 2 linux kernel bugs (down 8)18:05
JFo * 2 linux-ti-omap bugs18:05
JFo * 1 linux-meta-ti-omap bug18:05
JFo==== Release Targeted Bugs (86 across all packages (up 3)) ====18:05
JFo * 7 linux kernel bugs (down 10)18:06
JFo * 4 linux-ti-omap bugs15530118:06
JFo * 1 linux-meta-ti-omap bug18:06
JFo=== Milestoned Features ====18:06
JFo * 13 blueprints18:06
JFo*** NOTE: This listing includes HWE Blueprints***18:06
JFo==== Bugs with Patches Attached:111 (down 6 from last week) ====18:06
JFo * https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.has_patch=on18:06
JFo * Breakdown by status:18:06
JFo   http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/csv-stats/bugs-with-patches/linux/18:06
JFo..18:06
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-apparmor (jjohansen)18:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-apparmor (jjohansen)18:06
jjohansenno progress from last week.  Doing the testing now18:06
jjohansen..18:06
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-firewire-stack (manjo)18:07
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-firewire-stack18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-firewire-stack (manjo)18:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-firewire-stack18:07
bjfnot here18:07
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-misc (apw)18:07
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-misc18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-misc (apw)18:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-misc18:07
apwThe debian commonisation is progressing well, Lucid and Maverick are both applied.  Karmic is still pending approval.  The TI-OMAP4 preliminary kernel has now been created and pushed to the repository.18:07
apw..18:07
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-new-kernel-on-lts (tgardner)18:08
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-new-kernel-on-lts18:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-new-kernel-on-lts (tgardner)18:08
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-new-kernel-on-lts18:08
tgardnerUploaded Ubuntu-lts-2.6.35-5.6 this morning to the kernel-ppa at http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ppa/ubuntu.18:08
tgardnerSubmitted upstream patch to deprecate a netfilter config option CONFIG_NF_CT_ACCT which will18:08
tgardnerhave an impact on Lucid userspace when the 11.04 kernel is backported.18:08
tgardner..18:08
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-pv-ops-ec2-kernel (jjohansen)18:08
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-pv-ops-ec2-kernel18:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-pv-ops-ec2-kernel (jjohansen)18:08
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-pv-ops-ec2-kernel18:08
jjohansenPorted over the latest .34 Xen patchset, it currently has some issues, so we will stay with Lucid EC2 kernel until they are resolved.18:09
jjohansen..18:09
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-tracing-support (cnd)18:09
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-tracing-support18:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-tracing-support (cnd)18:09
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-tracing-support18:09
cndtrace-cmd and kernelshark have been uploaded as of 2 hrs ago, feel free to give it a spin! Our version of perf probe now also supports the new -s option for specifying the source directory. This blueprint is pretty much fulfilled in terms of development. JFo has a task for looking at arsenal scripting responses for ftraceable bugs, but that's all.18:09
cnd..18:09
* JFo updates his tasks18:10
JFo..18:10
bjfdid that get onto the arsenal wiki page?18:10
JFoit has not yet18:10
JFoI will add it18:10
JFo..18:10
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-ubuntu-delta-review (ogasawara)18:10
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-ubuntu-delta-review18:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-ubuntu-delta-review (ogasawara)18:10
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-ubuntu-delta-review18:10
ogasawara2 of the usb sauce patches I pushed upstream to remove duplicate id's18:10
ogasawaraare now in gregkh-2.6 tree.  Per feedback on linux-wireless ml, I fixed18:10
ogasawaraup and resent the p54usb patch to comment out a duplicate id.  I also18:10
ogasawararesent the ipw2200 enable led by default patch with TJ's official SOB.18:10
ogasawaraThese last two are still pending acceptance.18:10
ogasawara..18:10
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-union-mounts (apw)18:11
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-union-mounts18:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-union-mounts (apw)18:11
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-union-mounts18:11
apwThe union mounts patches have been revised and are now at 2.6.34, however they are looking to be still undergoing heavy churn and review.  I do not see them being ready for our use within the timescales required.18:11
apwwe should probabally consider assuming it will not make it.18:11
apw..18:11
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bug-handling (jfo)18:12
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bug-handling18:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bug-handling (jfo)18:12
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bug-handling18:12
JFo * apw and I will be reworking the Triage section of the wiki. I'll be adding a page for the BugDays and moving over some relevant information from the old ones, but generally leaving legacy information there.18:12
JFo * The forum moderators are excited to be helping us address kernel related forum topics as well as bugs filed due to comments in the forums. More to come on this18:12
JFo * I've sent out an initial inquiry out to gauge the interest in the proposed kernel triage summit. So far the response has been immensely positive. the X community is involved and it seems that there is a great deal of interest in the classes on specific subsystems. I also sent out a call for experts to address some of the subsystems that have a separate component outside the kernel such as X and audio specifically. I'll send out some more specif18:12
JFoic e-mails as time goes on to gather subject experts for the classes.18:12
JFo..18:12
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-upstart (apw)18:13
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-upstart18:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-upstart (apw)18:13
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-upstart18:13
apwThe initargs patches have now been tested, updated and pushed to the Maverick kernels.  The ureadahead patches remain untested.18:13
apw..18:13
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation (cking)18:14
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation18:14
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation (cking)18:14
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation18:14
ckingChanges to Firmware Test Suite this week:18:14
cking Add in heurstic driven advice when detecting errors (lots of textual help)18:14
cking Lots of code tidy up (fix memory leaks, func return values), tested with valgrind18:14
cking Add in generic CPU identification code18:14
cking Automate debian packaging from git repo18:14
cking Put in PPA http://ppa.launchpad.net/firmware-testing-team/ppa-firmware-test-suite18:14
cking Scan ~2870 kernel logs from LP, extract errors, tune klog scanner to detect these errors.18:14
cking Regex pattern matching on log scanning (slower, more flexible though)18:14
cking..18:14
bjf[TOPIC] Status: Maverick (ogasawara)18:14
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Maverick (ogasawara)18:14
ogasawaraWe just uploaded the linux-2.6.35-5.6 kernel yesterday.  This primarily18:14
ogasawaracontains kernel config changes, so please test.18:14
ogasawaraAlpha 2 is Thurs July 1 (ie ~1week from today).  You should be18:14
ogasawarafinalizing any work items you have or pushing them out to Alpha3 if18:14
ogasawarathey're not Alpha2 release critical.  Note that we're currently above18:14
ogasawarathe trend line in our Alpha 2 burn down chart so get those items closed18:14
ogasawaraor moved asap:18:14
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team-maverick-alpha-2.html18:15
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team-maverick-alpha-2.html18:15
ogasawaraAlso, if you have any patches which you want to land in the Alpha218:15
ogasawarakernel, they need to be sent to the kernel-team ml and have garnered18:15
ogasawarathe appropriate Ack's *before* this Fri, June 25.  I plan to upload18:15
ogasawaraour final Alpha2 kernel Thursday afternoon/Friday morning PST (UTC-7).18:15
ogasawara..18:15
* tgardner hears the whip crack18:15
ogasawaraheh18:15
bjf[TOPIC] ARM Status (lag)18:16
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Status (lag)18:16
lagMarvel (mvl-dove) :18:16
lag  mvl-dove branch in lucid has been updated to sync with the latest Marvell18:16
lag  Dove LSP 5.2.1 (mostly fixes), as well as one additional fix to the resume18:16
lag  failure from hibernation.18:16
lagFreescale (fsl-imx51):18:16
lag  Nothing new this week; however, cooloney indicates that smb may have completed18:16
lag  some work to upload the kernel to -proposed.18:16
lagTexas Instruments (ti-omap):18:16
lag  A new topic branch named ti-omap4 was merged into Maverick. It is based on TI18:16
lag  2.6.34 omap4 kernel tree. rtg also helped to pull the branch and sync the Debian18:16
lag  packaging stuff with our Maverick master branch. TI said they will provide a18:16
lag  2.6.35-rc based omap4 tree to our Maverick in the middle of Aug.18:16
lag..18:16
bjf[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)18:17
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)18:17
bjfMaybe it helps to add the input. Doh!18:17
bjfHardy:       2.6.24-28.70  (security)18:17
bjf             2.6.24-28.71  (proposed)[ 4]  0 / 1 verifications done18:17
bjfJaunty:      2.6.28-19.61  (security)18:17
bjfKarmic:      2.6.31-22.60  (security)18:17
bjf             2.6.31-22.61  (waiting for approval)18:17
bjf - mvl-dove  2.6.31-214.28 (security)18:17
bjf             2.6.31-214.29 (waiting for approval)18:17
bjf - fsl-imx51 2.6.31-112.28 (security)18:17
bjf             2.6.31-112.29 (waiting for approval)18:17
bjf - ec2       2.6.31-307.15 (security)18:17
bjf             2.6.31-307.16 (waiting for approval)18:17
bjfLucid:       2.6.32-22.36  (security)18:17
bjf             2.6.32-23.37  (proposed)[11] 14/39 verifications done (+ 6)18:17
bjf - LBM       2.6.32-23.37  (proposed)[ 8]  3/ 3 verifications done (+ 2)18:17
bjf - mvl-dove  2.6.32-205.18 (security)18:17
bjf             2.6.32-206.19 (proposed)[ 4] 12/41 verifications done (+12)18:18
bjf - fsl-imx51 2.6.31-608.14 (security)18:18
bjf             2.6.31-608.15 (proposed)[ 4]  2/ 4 verifications done (+ 2)18:18
bjf - ti-omap   2.6.33-501.7  (security)18:18
bjf             2.6.33-502.8  (proposed)[ 4]  0/ 4 verifications done18:18
bjf - qcm-msm   2.6.31-802.4  (security)18:18
bjf             2.6.31-802.5  (proposed)[ 4]  1/ 5 verifications done (+ 1)18:18
bjf - ec2       2.6.32-306.11 (security)18:18
bjf             2.6.32-307.12 (proposed)[ 4] 12/38 verifications done (+12)18:18
bjfFor the various ARM topic branches, people with testing HW need to make sure18:18
bjfthat beside of generic boot tests, they verify their specific bugs:18:18
bjf * mvl-dove18:18
bjf   * BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/50900618:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 509006 in linux-mvl-dove (Ubuntu) "[dove] hibernation failed to resume" [High,Confirmed]18:18
bjf   * BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/57625718:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 576257 in linux-mvl-dove (Ubuntu Maverick) "[dove] BSP update for LSP 5.1.1" [Undecided,Triaged]18:18
bjf   * BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/59124918:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 591249 in linux-mvl-dove (Ubuntu Maverick) "[dove] BSP update for 5.2.1" [Undecided,Triaged]18:18
bjf * fsl-imx5118:18
bjf   * BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/56715718:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 567157 in linux-fsl-imx51 (Ubuntu Maverick) "regulators enabled at boot and also print error messages at boot." [High,In progress]18:18
bjf   * BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/57555818:18
bjf   * BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/55906518:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 575558 in linux-fsl-imx51 (Ubuntu Maverick) "kernel panic when set mac address of FEC" [High,New]18:18
bjf * ti-omap18:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 559065 in linux-fsl-imx51 (Ubuntu) "ifconfig eth0 down will cause system hang after fec.c driver update" [High,In progress]18:18
bjf   * BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/58492018:18
bjf   * BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/56623818:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 584920 in linux-ti-omap (Ubuntu Maverick) "netinstall fails, it has no network driver for moschip" [Medium,Fix committed]18:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 566238 in linux-ti-omap (Ubuntu Lucid) "wlan0 "Interface doesn't support scanning." -- CONFIG_CFG80211_WEXT is not set" [Undecided,Fix committed]18:18
bjf * ec2 has no specific changes18:18
smb-nxYo18:18
smb-nxTa18:18
smb-nx..18:19
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)18:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)18:19
JFoIncoming Bugs18:19
JFo28 Maverick Bugs (up 5)18:19
JFo980 Lucid Bugs (up 30)18:19
JFoCurrent regression stats (broken down by release):18:19
JFo==== regression-potential ====18:19
JFo  * 12 maverick bugs (up 4)18:19
JFo  * 223 lucid bugs (no change: to be converted to regression-release)18:19
JFo==== regression-update ====18:19
tgardnersmbwhat is linux-ti-omap? omap3 is in the master branch.18:19
JFo  * 34 lucid bugs (up 4)18:19
JFo  * 6 karmic bugs (no change)18:19
JFo  * 4 jaunty bugs (no change)18:19
JFo  * 1 hardy bug (no change)18:19
JFo==== regression-release ====18:19
JFo  * 142 lucid bugs (up 6)18:19
JFo  * 46 karmic bugs (down 2)18:19
JFo  * 19 jaunty bugs (no change)18:19
JFo  * 2 hardy bugs (no change)18:19
JFo==== regression-proposed ====18:19
JFo  * 1 lucid bug (no change)18:19
JFo  * 1 karmic bug (no change)18:19
JFo..18:19
smb-nxtgardner: omap4 afaik18:19
apwtgardner, ti-omap is that not in lucid ?18:20
tgardnerits linux-ti-omap4 then18:20
tgardnerapw, the status was referring to Maverick18:20
apwthose bugs are on linux-ti-omap though in the list18:20
smb-nxNo lucod18:20
apwtgardner, smb no touchey maverick18:20
tgardner linux-ti-omap (Ubuntu Maverick)18:21
smb-nxExactly18:21
tgardnerit ain't a package18:21
apwhrm that got to be user error doesn't it, a nomination against the wrong release18:22
tgardner..18:22
apw..18:22
smb-nxWe have a linux ti omap plg in luid18:22
tgardneryes18:22
smb-nx.18:22
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)18:22
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)18:22
JFoToday's bug day will be focusing on working Confirmed bugs and getting them to either Incomplete, by way of testing or information requests, or Triaged based on the completeness of the bug. My goal is to work through all of the Confirmed bugs to get them in the correct state.18:22
JFoThe Team Bug Days will continue to be the two half days on Friday and Monday. Please provide me feedback on these as you have it.18:22
JFoNext week's bug day will be two-fold. On the one hand, we will change the remaining lucid regression-potential bugs to regression release. On the other hand, we will be reviewing the incorrectly labeled new bugs that need to be some other status based on either response by the bug reporter or the inclusion of requested logging.18:22
JFo..18:23
bjf[TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything?18:24
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything?18:24
apwo/18:24
bjfapw, go18:24
apwjust a reminder that we are all meant to be helping with the wiki gardening effort ... this needs to be basically complete by the end of the platform sprint18:25
apwthere is a long todo of small items people can help out with18:25
apw..18:25
pgranerfor the date & time challenged that is 23 Jul18:25
sconklinlink to todo?18:25
ogasawarahttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/WikiToDo18:26
apwogasawara, thans18:26
apwks18:26
bjf#endmeeting18:27
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:27.18:27
JFothanks bjf18:27
ogasawaraapw: we should maybe throw that on the misc spec and hand out specific tasks to people?18:27
kamalthanks bjf18:27
* tgardner likes taht idea better18:27
apwogasawara, yeah how does this align with A-3 probabally pretty closely18:27
ckingyep18:27
JFoogasawara, tgardner do you think it useful to have a wiki gardening day? :)18:27
tgardnerJFo, we're going to at the sprint forsure18:28
JFooh indeed18:28
JFobut I was thinking in addition to specific tasks18:28
JFoso that there was a day when some of us were focused on it18:28
tgardnerI think if folks are assigned certain pages, then it'll likley get done in time.18:28
JFok18:28
* apw personally thinks the 30mins after you start work, when you are slow and in need of coffee is a perfect time18:28
* tgardner thinks apw shouw make the assignments since he's quite familiar with the current wiki18:29
ckingyeah, like when you have a gazillion emails waiting that need urgent attention ;-)18:29
apwcking, but you are still too stupid due to lack of caffine to understand them18:29
JFoheh18:29
ckingheh18:29
=== kiko-fud is now known as kiko
Daviey\o18:59
ccheneyhi18:59
ttxo/18:59
jiboumans_o/18:59
* Daviey wonders if the chair is him or hallyn (agenda says hallyn, but i thought it was me)19:00
jiboumans_at velocity, but lurking19:00
sommero//19:00
hallyni thought it was Daviey too19:00
ttxDaviey: jiboumans said scribe=chair19:00
* hallyn taking next week19:00
* ttx checks again19:00
* Daviey takes it, if that makes it easier19:00
ttx"Starting next week, we'll have a rotating chair for the19:01
ttxIRC meeting. The chair will also scribe the meeting and19:01
ttxsend out the minutes/update the blog etc.19:01
ttx"19:01
Davieyhmm19:01
Davieythat means it's not me19:01
ttxDaviey: so if you take it, you write meeting minutes again :)19:01
Daviey<-- scribe laste week19:01
ttxhallyn: so it's your turn :)19:01
* ttx can chair if you prefer19:02
Daviey(i don't mind being chair, but would rather not scribe 2 weeks in a row)19:02
zulafternoon19:02
hallynsorry, that's why i asked yesterday - i can try today, but i did not prepare and am not familiar with agenda19:02
* hallyn looking right now...19:02
Davieyhallyn: If i chair this, wanna scribe?19:02
ttxDaviey: ok, go.19:03
Daviey#startmeeting19:03
MootBotMeeting started at 13:03. The chair is Daviey.19:03
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]19:03
smosero/19:03
hallynk19:03
Daviey[TOPIC] Approve last weeks minutes as true and accurate19:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Approve last weeks minutes as true and accurate19:03
Daviey[VOTE] last weeks minutes as true and accurate?19:03
MootBotPlease vote on:  last weeks minutes as true and accurate?.19:03
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot19:03
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting19:03
Daviey+019:04
MootBotAbstention received from Daviey. 0 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 019:04
ttxDaviey: and lose all the scribe pleasure to twist reality ? no way19:04
hallyn+119:04
MootBot+1 received from hallyn. 1 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 119:04
Daviey(I wrote them)19:04
ttx+119:04
MootBot+1 received from ttx. 2 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 219:04
ccheney+019:04
MootBotAbstention received from ccheney. 2 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 219:04
* ccheney was not there19:04
Davieyok, moving on19:05
Daviey[endvote]19:05
MootBotFinal result is 2 for, 0 against. 2 abstained. Total: 219:05
Daviey[TOPI19:05
Daviey[TOPIC] Review ACTION points from previous meeting19:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Review ACTION points from previous meeting19:05
Davieyttx to coordinate testing for Alpha 2?19:05
ttxwill start during this meeting. So not done yet.19:05
Davieyok19:05
Davieysmoser to train someone on the release team on the cloud image release?19:05
smoserin progress19:06
Davieysmoser: Will it be done by next meeting?19:06
jiboumans_smoser: who's the trainee(s)?19:06
* Daviey nudges smoser to hurry :)19:07
smosersory, yes, it can be done by alpha219:07
smoseri  opened a ticket to get cjwatson an account on our build machine19:08
jiboumans_smoser: and cjwatson has the spare cycles before alpha2, yes?19:08
smoserthe "training" is mostly written up at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UEC/Images/Publishing19:08
smoseri would just plan on verifying / improving that during my publishing for alpha219:09
Davieysmoser: Is that an action?19:09
smosersure. why not19:09
smoserbut that wont be done by next tuesday.19:10
Daviey[ACTION] smoser to chase IS regarding cjwatson's access and verifying / improving https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UEC/Images/Publishing19:10
MootBotACTION received:  smoser to chase IS regarding cjwatson's access and verifying / improving https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UEC/Images/Publishing19:10
Davieysmoser: ok, but we can check progress next week19:10
Davieyjjohansen to review atop patchset for Alpha3 planning purposes?19:10
Davieyjjohansen: Are you here?19:10
jjohansenright, I had problems with sick kids last week so I handed them off to kamal19:10
jjohansenhe hopes to be done with them today19:11
Davieyjjohansen: aww, sorry to hear that.. Hope they are dandy now.19:11
jjohansendoing a lot better thanks19:11
Davieyjjohansen: Great.. can you ask kamal to email the ubuntu-server mailing list when he has finished?19:11
jjohansenyes19:11
Daviey[ACTION] jjohansen to ask kamal to email ubuntu-server mailing list with results of atop patchset19:12
MootBotACTION received:  jjohansen to ask kamal to email ubuntu-server mailing list with results of atop patchset19:12
DavieyDaviey to update #588861, if needed against alpha119:12
Davieybug #58886119:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 588861 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) ""pad block corrupted" error when trying to register an image with 2.6.34 kernel" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58886119:12
DavieyThis has mainly been passed onto ccheney and jjohansen i believe19:12
ccheneyyes19:12
jjohansenRight19:12
Davieyccheney has been doing some AWESOME testing, and updated his results on the bug, right?19:13
jjohansenindeed19:13
ccheneywe have tracked it down to between 2.6.32 and 2.6.33 and waiting on 2.6.33rc kernels to test19:13
jiboumans_note that this is blocking for working eucalyptus on alpha219:13
Davieyccheney / jjohansen: What are the next steps?19:13
jjohansenthere are going to be some bisected test kernels19:13
jjohansenfrom either me, tim, or andy19:13
Davieyjiboumans_: We can revert the kernel for the A2 tests, but it's "less than ideal"19:13
ttxjjohansen: this has way higher prio than the atop patchset, fwiw19:13
jjohansenwho ever gets to them first19:13
jjohansenttx: right, different people working on it19:14
jiboumans_Daviey: sure, but it means that eucaltypus doesn't work on maverick, which is the point of a2 tests after all19:14
Davieyjjohansen: Ok.. Any idea of an ETA for the test kernels?19:14
jiboumans_so yeah, what ttx says; highest kernel issue that ^19:14
jjohansenI expect there will be some today19:14
ccheneyit shouldn't take me more than a couple hours to find the rc kernel at fault once i have them19:14
Davieyjjohansen: How will they be communicated?19:14
jjohansenkernel team just finished a meeting and there is a bit of grind from that19:14
jjohansenemail, with urls, to you and ccheney19:15
ccheneyjjohansen, great :)19:15
jjohansenand probably attached to the bug as well19:15
Daviey[ACTION] jjohansen, tim or andy to email ccheney and Daviey with test kernels for bug #58886119:15
MootBotACTION received:  jjohansen, tim or andy to email ccheney and Daviey with test kernels for bug #58886119:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 588861 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) ""pad block corrupted" error when trying to register an image with 2.6.34 kernel" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58886119:15
Davieyjjohansen: Thanks for that19:16
Davieyzul to move the sru tracker code to it's own project?19:16
zulyes https://edge.launchpad.net/server-sru-tracker19:16
Davieyzul: you were waiting for that one, right?19:16
Davieyzul: great work.19:16
zulyep :)19:16
Davieymoving on19:16
Daviey[TOPIC] Maverick development (ttx)19:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Maverick development (ttx)19:16
Davieyttx: wanna shoot?19:16
ttxsure19:16
ttxhttp://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-server-maverick-alpha-2.html19:16
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-server-maverick-alpha-2.html19:16
ttxSo at this point the specs should be around 75%19:17
ttxAlso I need to know if there is anyone that thinks he cannot complete his work items by alpha219:17
ttxI'll talk to each of you in 1:1s19:17
ttxjust have a look at the remaining TODo work and assess the remaining time19:18
ttxOn the milestones bugs side...19:18
ttxhttps://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+bugs?field.milestone=2756019:18
ttxA few of those apply to us19:18
ttxBug #58886119:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 588861 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) ""pad block corrupted" error when trying to register an image with 2.6.34 kernel" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58886119:19
ttxalready mentioned19:19
* Daviey feels that bug is yet to come up in this meeting19:19
ttxBug #59542119:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 595421 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Maverick) "Eucalyptus doesn't start with latest stable version of "Groovy"" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59542119:19
Daviey^^ pending upload19:19
ttxDaviey: this one isn't solved ?19:19
ttxah ok19:19
Davieyalready in bzr19:19
ttxBug #58841019:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 588410 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Maverick) "dynamic block storage should use virtio" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58841019:19
Daviey^^ pending upload19:20
Davieyalready in bzr19:20
ttxBug #59437219:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 594372 in tgt (Ubuntu Maverick) "MIR: tgt" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59437219:20
ttx(together with Bug #574554)19:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 574554 in tgt (Ubuntu Maverick) "tgtd needs init script or upstart job" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57455419:20
ttxccheney, zul:  ^19:20
zulthe upstart script needs to be reiveiwed by the foundations team19:20
ttxBug #59450919:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 594509 in irqbalance (Ubuntu Maverick) "irqbalance main process ended, respawning" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59450919:20
ttxzul ^19:20
ccheneytgt mir is waiting on ubuntu-mir19:20
zulwill work on it today19:21
Davieyccheney: Any chance you can chase on of them, with a prod?19:21
ttxccheney, zul: ok, don't hesitate to nudge them as those have been targeted against alpha219:21
ccheneydo we have someone we usually use to process them?19:21
ttxccheney: no. But pitti was assigning someone to them usually19:21
zulccheney: no whoever is assigned to them19:21
ccheneyok19:21
ttxFinally, Alpha2 ISO testing coverage19:22
ttxSo the idea is that we split the ISO testing work to have test coverage inside the team19:22
ttxWe need to test : http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/ubuntuserver/all19:22
ttxPlease subscribe to the tests you'd like to run19:22
ttxand I'll check the holes in the subscription next week.19:23
ttxhallyn: you'll need to create a QA/ISO testing account if you don't have already one.19:23
Daviey[ACTION] People to subscribe to the test coverage for http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/ubuntuserver/all19:23
MootBotACTION received:  People to subscribe to the test coverage for http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/ubuntuserver/all19:23
ttxDaviey: thanks19:23
hallynttxi was about to ask...  so that's on amazon?19:23
ttxhallyn: no19:23
ttxhallyn: we can talk about it off-meeting19:24
hallynk19:24
Davieyttx: finished?19:24
ttxyes19:24
Davieycool, thanks ttx19:24
Daviey[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)19:24
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)19:24
ttxI'll be back19:24
hggdhhi19:25
Davieyhey hggdh19:25
hggdhI have been a bit busy in Lexington19:25
ttxhggdh: how is the training going ?19:25
Davieyhggdh: How is19:25
* Daviey cuts short. :)19:25
hggdhbut -- thanks to Daviey -- I have installed the latest euca on our rig, and am right now running a small test19:25
Davieyhggdh: Awesome.. can you email through the results for that issue?19:26
hggdhttx: good. We have decided on some simplifications on the protocol, also19:26
hggdhDaviey: will do19:26
Daviey[ACTION] hggdh to email interested parties about the results of the ppa build.19:26
MootBotACTION received:  hggdh to email interested parties about the results of the ppa build.19:26
DavieyDoes anyone have any questions or comments for hggdh ?19:26
hggdhwe intend to complete the protocol tomorrow, no new machines crapping out19:26
Daviey(other than to state hggdh is awesome)19:27
ttxDaviey: no19:27
Davieyhggdh: Anything else you want to pass on?19:27
hggdhno, not right now...19:27
Davieyok, great hggdh - thanks for the great testing19:27
Daviey[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)19:27
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)19:27
DavieyBug 588861: "pad block corrupted" error with >=2.6.34 kernel - Already covered19:28
ubottuLaunchpad bug 588861 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) ""pad block corrupted" error when trying to register an image with 2.6.34 kernel" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58886119:28
Davieyatop kernel patch - Already covered19:28
ccheneylol19:28
Davieyjjohansen: Anything new?19:28
jjohansenthe EC2 kernel is being problematic and we may have to go with a Lucid based kernel for alpha2, if we don't have a working kernel by friday19:28
Davieyand inverse, anyone have anything else for the kernel team?19:28
Davieyjjohansen: What is blocking?19:28
jjohansenon the EC2 kernel?19:28
Davieyyah19:28
zulDaviey: xen being a horribly bitch godddess perhaps?19:29
jjohansenpv-ops works in 3 out of 4 zones19:29
Davieyzul: noted :)19:29
Davieygolly, that is crazy.19:29
Davieyjjohansen: Is there a bug that is chasing the progress of that?19:29
jjohansenand I just did a port of the Xen patchset to Maverick but it wasn't clean and is having some issues19:29
jjohansenDaviey: no I haven't opened one for maverick19:30
jjohansenI will just give me a sec19:30
Davieyjjohansen: Would you mind raising one, it would be good to help us track the progress.19:30
jjohansen:)19:30
Daviey\o/19:30
Daviey[ACTION] Follow up on bug #TBC - EC2 kernel (jjohansen)19:31
MootBotACTION received:  Follow up on bug #TBC - EC2 kernel (jjohansen)19:31
jjohansenhopefully we will have pv-ops, if not we will be falling back to Xen patchset19:31
Davieyanyone have anything else for jjohansen ?19:31
Davieyjjohansen: As ever, your team seems to be doing great work.. I'm sure you'll pull some awesome out of the bag.19:32
* Daviey moves on.19:32
Daviey[TOPIC] Papercuts status (ttx)19:32
MootBotNew Topic:  Papercuts status (ttx)19:32
Davieyttx: your floor19:32
ttxAlpha2 iteration status: https://launchpad.net/server-papercuts/+milestone/maverick-alpha-219:32
ttxWe still have a few bugs to nail19:32
ttxIf you think you can't make it, unassign yourself so that I reassign19:33
ttxThat's for Clint and kirkland19:33
ttxi'll chase up ivoks and nxvl19:33
ttxasommer is, I think done with his19:34
sommer:)19:34
ttxOn the alpha3 side...19:34
ttxWe are unfortunately very short on nominations19:34
ttxI wrote a blog post about it (with a provoking title)19:34
Davieyttx: what is the url?19:35
ttxbut so far just a couple new, that's all19:35
ttxhttp://fnords.wordpress.com/2010/06/21/did-we-fix-all-small-usability-issues-in-ubuntu-server/19:35
MootBotLINK received:  http://fnords.wordpress.com/2010/06/21/did-we-fix-all-small-usability-issues-in-ubuntu-server/19:35
ttxSo team members and bystanders, please file and nominate your favorite usability issues19:35
Davieyttx: okay, is there an action we can pull out of this?19:36
ttxOther bloggers could echo my post19:36
Davieyokay, /me leaves his ACTION stick @ home, and has a pause to thought about that.19:36
Davieyttx: moving on?19:37
ttxsure19:37
Davieycool, top work ttx19:37
Daviey[TOPIC] Weekly SRU review: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#SRU%20weekly%20revi19:37
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly SRU review: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#SRU%20weekly%20revi19:37
ttxew19:37
Daviey[TOPIC] Weekly SRU review: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#SRU%20weekly%20review (zul)19:37
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly SRU review: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#SRU%20weekly%20review (zul)19:37
Davieyrather19:37
zulhi19:37
Davieyhey zul19:37
zulso there is nothing nominated for the stable releases19:38
zuland with regards to http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server-team/fixedbugs.ubuntu-server.latest.html19:38
zulis there anything worth nominating to be backported?19:38
Daviey(that's good, right?)19:38
zulyep19:38
zuli dont have anything does anyone else?19:39
Davieyzul: so that first link is the pretty New SRU tracker?19:39
ttxlooking19:39
Davieyzul: In the agenda we've got "Move to the new SRU process".. Can you expand on that?19:39
ttxzul:  nothing from me19:40
zulDaviey: yes19:40
Davieyoh good19:40
Davieyplease do :)19:40
Davieyzul?19:41
zulat UDS in brussels we had a session that came up with a new way of getting more people invovled with people nominating SRUs by using the ml rather than the team meeting19:41
zulsorry i type slow19:41
Daviey(sorry)19:41
zulI would like to start that next week19:41
Davieyzul: How does that start?19:41
zulDaviey: basically i would fire off a canned email saying that these were fixed last week with instructions on how to nominate them and by the end of the week they would be reviewed by me19:42
Davieyzul: All of them reviewed by you?19:42
Davieyzul: Is there a stand by, if you go AWOL?19:43
zulwell i would probably collect which ones are nominated and acuttually do the leg work19:43
zulis that right ttx?19:43
zulDaviey: not as yet19:43
ttxyes19:43
Davieyok, that might be a good idea to get organised... which basically means document what you do :)19:43
Daviey[ACTION] zul to mail the ubuntu-server mailing list with the SRU nomination process, and document his process from there.19:44
MootBotACTION received:  zul to mail the ubuntu-server mailing list with the SRU nomination process, and document his process from there.19:44
Daviey\o/19:44
Davieyzul: Nice stuff! you rock.19:44
Daviey[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)19:44
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)19:44
Davieysommer is our doc's rock star, any one have anything for him?19:45
Davieysommer: Have anything for us?19:45
sommerI didn't really have anything for this week... things are sailing smooth at this point19:45
Daviey\o/19:45
Davieysommer: Keep on rockin'.  Know that you can contact any of us if you have any concerns during the week.19:46
Davieythanks sommer!19:46
Daviey[TOPIC] Open Discussion19:46
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion19:46
sommercoolio thanks Daviey19:46
DavieyNothing here o/19:46
ttxNominate papercuts !19:46
zulsorry computer went bonkers19:47
Davieyzul: heh19:47
Davieyok, moving on19:47
zulwhat did i miss?19:47
Davieyzul: nothing19:47
zulk19:47
Daviey[TOPIC] Announce next meeting date and time19:47
ttxDaviey: you missed sommer.19:47
MootBotNew Topic:  Announce next meeting date and time19:47
Davieyttx: huh?19:47
ttxs/Daviey/zul/19:48
Daviey[ACTION] Make Daviey sad with the late time of the next meeting.19:48
MootBotACTION received:  Make Daviey sad with the late time of the next meeting.19:48
DavieyTuesday 2010-06-29 at 1800 UTC - #ubuntu-meeting19:48
ttxyes, do it again.19:48
Davieyttx: sorry?19:49
ttxlet's make you sad again !19:49
Davieyboohoo19:49
Davieythanks all for attending19:49
Daviey#endmeeting19:49
MootBotMeeting finished at 13:49.19:49
ttxthanks Daviey !19:49
sommerparty on all :-)19:50
Davieyhggdh: When you do the mins, can you 's/#TBC/#597387/g'19:50
hggdhDaviey: sure19:54
Davieyhggdh: Awesome19:59
sirex`Does CC meeting will take place today? 20:00 UTC?21:00
sirex`stas: Does CC meeting will take place today? 20:00 UTC?21:11
stassirex`: it should21:12
sirex`stas: you are from Romanian LoCo?21:12
stassirex`: yes, you?21:12
sirex`From Lithuanian LoCo.21:13
sirex`Strange in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncilAgenda are written that we sould attend on 15 July, but not today...21:13
sirex`Also ubuntu meeting calendar doesn't list anyl LoCoCouncil meetings today...21:14
DoruHushThe LoCo Council meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 20:00 UTC. The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 22-June-2010, 20:00 UTC and and will be held in #ubuntu-meeting on irc.freenode.net.21:14
Cracknelsirex`: look in the first paragraph21:14
czajkowskiHi21:15
Cracknelit's what DoruHush just said :)21:15
czajkowskiThe loco council meet last week21:15
czajkowskiwe will meet again next month21:15
DoruHushon the 29th?21:15
sirex`Yes, am looking there, but in other places are written different dates. It's confusing..21:15
stasstrange, the page on wiki is modified recently21:16
DoruHushthank you czajkowski :)21:16
alex3f'/part21:16
CracknelSomeone should update the wiki with correct information.21:16
* stas fake alarm21:16
czajkowskiDoruHush: no problem21:16
czajkowskiCracknel: I think it is correct21:17
czajkowski3rd tuesday21:17
stascheers21:17
czajkowskithis month has 5 tuesdays in it21:17
sirex`So in first paragrapth is written, that meeting will be today, then someone changes dates next to teams lising to 15 july and next 3rd tuesday will be on 20 july... :)21:21
DoruHushthat means it will be on a Thursday and not a Tuesday, right?21:26
sirex`DoruHush: it seems, that next lococouncil meeting will be on 20 july...21:27
czajkowskisirex`: I dont see where it says meeting today21:27
sirex`czajkowski: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Agenda first paragraph21:28
DoruHushon the table is the right date 20 of july21:30
DoruHushthank you21:30
czajkowskiI've fixed it now21:30
czajkowskibut it does state 3rd tuesday so it wuldnt have happened today21:31
czajkowskiand in the past all of the meetings were won the 3rd tuesday21:31
DoruHushyes yes21:31
sirex`who knows which statment is correct... I only attend these meetings each two years... :)21:32
czajkowskisirex`: well that's a bit of an issue in its;ef so21:32
czajkowskisirex`: are you the team contact21:32
sirex`czajkowski: yes.21:33
sirex`Was prepared today to reapprove Lithuanian team.21:33
czajkowskisirex`: well team contacts should know when the council meetings and also attend on a monthly basis21:33
sirex`czajkowski: ok, I will try to watch for what is going more attentive.21:35
czajkowskisirex`: thanks and see you next month21:36
DoruHushbye bye :)21:37
zkriesseany council members here?22:19
czajkowskizkriesse: which council22:23
zkriessejust any ubuntu council member22:25
zkriessei need to get my ubuntu member cloak changed but the freenode staff need permission from the group that gave the cloak...22:26
zkriessehence ubuntu22:26
czajkowskizkriesse: which membership board did you get your membership from and have you gone to the IRC channel to sort it out22:26
czajkowskizkriesse: nope not hence Ubuntu, :)22:26
zkriesseczajkowski: gimme a sec22:27
zkriesseczajkowski: it was the Asia Oceania membership board22:28
zkriesseand i've been to #ubuntu-irc and #freenode but they say that they need a GC approval before they can change it for me22:28
popeyzkriesse: whats your launchpad ID?22:29
zkriessepopey: ~zkriesse22:29
popeywhat do you want it changed to?22:29
zkriessepopey: from zach@ubuntu/member/ZachK- to zach@ubuntu/member/zkriesse22:31
popeywho did you speak to so far?22:32
zkriessepopey: few different staff in #freenode nick of jtrucks and some others in #ubuntu-irc22:32
popeytoday?22:32
pleia2zkriesse: you need to talk to one of the irc-council folks in #ubuntu-irc22:33
pleia2they control the GC stuff for Ubuntu22:33
czajkowskizkriesse: not a #freenode issue22:33
zkriesseah22:33
zkriesseok22:33
zkriessepleia2: know of anybody that i can talk to in -irc?22:35
zkriessea name to look for?22:35
popeyjussi or pici22:37
zkriesseok thanks22:38
popeyor topyli, bnrubin or tsimpson22:38
=== mario_ is now known as lofty

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!