=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann-away
zkriesseMootBot: hi03:59
zkriesseDoes anyone here know if I could possibly get mootbot in my channel?03:59
ubottumootbot is a bot to make the process of summarizing !meetings easier - Information at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScribesTeam/MootBot03:59
Rhondasoren: Thanks for the hint. Am repoening the bug now and leaving the TZ hint :)08:17
=== lionel_ is now known as lionel
thorwilgodbyk-android: in fact we really should do that13:14
thorwilgodbyk-android: meeting opened. nobody besides us to is here, so: meeting closed :)13:15
godbyk-androidSure. Guess I souls get in front if my computer then. :-)13:15
godbyk-androidSo easy.13:15
thorwilreally worth getting up early, isn't it?13:16
godbyk-androidIt's pretty sad if I'm the only one showing up.13:16
godbyk-androidYeah, I need to adjust my availability for this meeting. Move it to a more sensible time or something.13:16
thorwilgodbyk-android: mpt is on holiday last and this week13:16
godbyk-android7 am sucks. :-)13:17
thorwilthat on top of this running on the side with everyone having enough on their hands, anyway ...13:18
godbyk-android(especially since I usually have to be at another meeting an  hour or two later)13:18
thorwilgodbyk-android: mpt mentioned a book project you talked about?13:19
godbyk-androidYeah, I think we should have a usability principles/design book for open source developers13:20
thorwili agree in so far as there should be a central resource13:21
=== r40 is now known as twinsenx
godbyk-androidSomething that's  a  bit more general than the HIGs.13:22
thorwilgodbyk-android: sure. including sections on common misconceptions regarding the value of options, expert-modes and such13:23
godbykBasically something that would help OSS developers develop more usable software at the start and also explain  how to go about testing their software (for usability).13:24
godbykgiving concrete examples to illustrate bad designers and how to make them better (and *why* the better designs are better).13:25
godbykas it stands now, I think the usability thing is kind of a mystery to most developers.13:25
godbykand they're not too inclined to buy expensive books to read.13:25
godbykso we toss together a free book (ala the Ubuntu manual), web site, etc., etc.13:26
godbyksomething that can be linked to during discussions (in email lists, irc chats, etc.)13:26
thorwilgodbyk: i have been thinking all the same and even vaguely mentioned it when sabdfl offered me to apply for a job. well, that did not happen13:29
=== twinsenx is now known as sen^away
MootBotMeeting started at 09:00. The chair is dholbach.15:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]15:00
dholbachWho's all here for the LoCo Directory meeting?15:00
dholbachWho else? Come on, don't be shy :-)15:01
Ddordai'm here15:01
Ddordastill playing Lego though15:01
dholbachawesome - if anybody of you comes in late, please let us know you're there :)15:02
dholbachI talked to mhall119 about this meeting and we thought it'd make sense to introduce the project first, talk about how things are done right now and answer all the questions, then proceed to review the open bugs and see if we need to reprioritise15:02
dholbach[TOPIC] Introduction15:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Introduction15:03
dholbachSo we're talking about http://loco.ubuntu.com/ which first aimed to replace the giant list of loco teams15:03
dholbach(does anybody have a link for that?)15:03
dholbachso basically just a big list of teams, who's admin of those teams, where their websites are, if they're approved etc.15:03
dholbachthanks cjohnston - you can see that list here http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/15:04
dholbachwe get most of the information from Launchpad through launchpadlib15:04
dholbachthe next step was that we added information about events that teams are holding15:04
dholbachso if you head to http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ you get an idea of what's currently going on15:05
dholbachwe distinguish between global events (like release parties or the ubuntu global jam)15:05
dholbachand local events, like real-life meetings those teams are holding15:05
dholbachfolks can confirm their attendance for those events and add comments, etc.15:05
dholbachwe partly integrated maps and country/continent information, but that's still in flux15:06
dholbachplease: if you have any questions or things are not clear, please do ask15:06
dholbachany questions right now? :)15:06
Davieydholbach, Does it rock?15:06
mongolito404Is there any other format available for the list of events (iCal, RSS, etc/)  ?15:06
dholbachDaviey: it doesn't rock - it ROCKs15:06
Davieydholbach, Ah good! :)15:07
=== sen^away is now known as twinsenx
dholbachmongolito404: yes, there's ICal information about events15:07
mongolito404And is there a list of events per LoCo team ?15:07
mhall119there's also RSS feeds for events15:07
dholbachthere you go :)15:07
Ddordadholbach: it will be possible in the future to make a "one time meeting place"? since now we have meetings in different places, and making a new place for the list everytime is annoying15:07
cjohnstonmongolito404: yes... if you click on the loco team from the teams page15:07
mhall119mongolito404: yes, if you go to the teams's page, there's a link15:07
dholbachDdorda: you mean that you can re-use existing venues?15:07
mhall119also, there is a REST/JSON interface to all of the information in the loco-directory, so you can write mashups or feed data into another website/app: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoDirectory/API15:08
Ddordadholbach: i mean, if it is possible to make a "one time venue"15:08
* dholbach hugs mhall11915:08
dholbachDdorda: so that the venue does not appear ever again?15:08
mongolito404I don't see an iCal feed for a team events page. I'm missing something ?15:08
dholbachDdorda: no, that functionality is not there yet - can you file a bug about it, so we can see how best to implement it and what others think?15:08
mhall119mongolito404: the ical is global only right now, but there are per-team RSS feeds of events15:08
Ddordadholbach: will do.15:09
dholbachthanks Ddorda15:09
Ddordaanother question: my friend has the directory interface in Hebrew for some reason, any way to change it back to English?15:09
dholbachhttp://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/ubuntu-pk/rss/ ← for example15:09
MootBotLINK received:  http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/ubuntu-pk/rss/ for example15:09
rwwDdorda: can you subscribe ~robertwall to it when you do? I'd been meaning to ask for one-time venues.15:09
Ddordarww: sure thing :)15:10
dholbachDdorda: there's a bug about it, you need to change browser's language atm15:10
Ddordadholbach: okay, thanks :)15:10
dholbachbug 57063815:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 570638 in loco-directory "translations not selectable on the website" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57063815:11
dholbachany more immediate questions?15:11
Ddordaoh! another thing: is it possible to choose other organizer to the meeting, instead of having the LoCo as an organizer?15:11
dholbachDdorda: no, not yet, we don't have an event organiser role15:11
dholbachit might make sense to have a contact for an event15:11
Ddordasince there are some meetings that our LoCo takes part in, but not the organizer15:11
mhall119I think there is a bug for that15:11
Ddordadholbach: no need for a role15:12
mhall119Ddorda: you can still leave the LoCo as the organizer in the LD15:12
Ddordahwo about some kind of category, like the venues..15:12
mhall119it's really to specify which loco is involved, not the loco's role in the event15:12
dholbachI think it'd be good to select a member or two as contacts for an event if there's any queries15:12
dholbachoh, maybe I misunderstood15:13
moshe742i think he means if the organizers are another group for open source15:13
dholbachDdorda: can you clarify?15:13
moshe742he= Ddorda15:13
Ddordadholbach: ..?15:13
moshe742you mean about august pinguin, right?15:14
Ddordamoshe742: indeed15:14
Ddordawe don't organize August penguin event, but we do take part in it15:14
Ddordabut in the LoCo directory it says that we organize it15:14
dholbachmaybe we can have a separate discussion on the loco-contacts or ubuntu-event-planners mailing lists?15:14
mhall119The organizing team means which team has organized to participate in the event15:14
mhall119not necessarily who is running the event15:14
Ddordamhall119: i see, so it's about 'the right word' :)15:15
dholbachok, let's make that a separate discussion :)15:15
dholbachor file a bug and we fix the description :)15:15
Ddordawill do15:15
dholbachwhatever seems right :)15:15
mongolito404viewer may be confused as "Organizing" will usually implies that the team is organizing the event, not its own participation at the event.15:15
Ddorda2 bug reports from one coversation, nice :)15:16
dholbachmongolito404: ok, I see what you mean15:16
dholbachalright, if there's no other immediate questions (please just keep them coming), we can talk about how the LD is developed and how we work together15:16
* Daviey suggests if there is doubt, it's at the very least a usability issue.. Therefore raise a bug and be as descriptive as possible15:16
moshe742what is LD?15:16
mhall119Ddorda: I suspect they won't be the last15:16
dholbachmoshe742: sorry, the LoCo Directory15:16
DdordaLaunchDad :D15:17
dholbach[TOPIC] LoCo Directory Development15:17
MootBotNew Topic:  LoCo Directory Development15:17
mhall119we use LP and LD a lot, sometimes I've had to re-read15:17
dholbachalright, so we have a bunch of people in here who helped develop the LoCo Directory and who put a lot of effort into making it rock15:17
dholbachgetting the source code is trivial,    bzr branch lp:loco-directory    will give you all you need15:18
dholbachit even comes with an INSTALL file that tells you how to set it up and make it run locally15:18
Davieydholbach, Do we still suggest postgres for local?!15:18
dholbachit's written in python and uses the Django framework15:18
dholbachDaviey: no, it's optional15:18
mhall119Daviey: I think we default local_settings.py to sqlite15:19
dholbachmhall119 will give a session at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek next week about Django and how to work with it, if you're interested15:19
mhall119the class will be generic Django, not LD specific, but I will hit on most of what is used in LD15:20
dholbachthe basics are: you define what kind of data you work with in models, define an url structure, set up views on that data (what do I want on a specific page), then put stuff into templates which contain bits of HTML and some very simple "programming language" to shoehorn the data into the page15:20
dholbachparticularly because the data used in the LD is very clear and immediate (you have teams, team.contact, venues and venue.city, etc.) it's such a fun and interesting project to work on15:21
dholbachwe use launchpadlib to get data from Launchpad, but that's basically all the code bases we use15:21
dholbachon the web front we use just html and jquery for some nice animations and to make the interface nicer15:22
dholbachare there questions about the "platform"?15:22
dholbachif you have questions later on, just ask :)15:23
dholbachso how do we work together?15:23
moshe742well, i am new here so where can i get the basics on all of this?15:23
dholbachmoshe742: do you have any specific questions?15:23
mhall119moshe742: will you be able to attend my classes on the 16th?15:23
Ddordamay i ask the annoying question "why not drupal" ?15:23
moshe742when will it be?15:23
dholbachDdorda: we all liked django and python and it's what the project was started in15:24
mhall119moshe742: 16:00UTC->18:0015:24
mhall119Ddorda: Django, being an app framework rather an a CMS, was more suited to what we were doing15:24
moshe742will it be in the irc?15:24
dholbachmoshe742: yes in #ubuntu-classroom15:24
mhall119moshe742: yes, in #ubuntu-classroom15:24
Ddordadholbach: and i like Drupal! let's make an 0.9 revolution like Compiz15:24
moshe742ok, i will be there15:24
dholbachjust check out https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek - it has all the details15:24
Ddordajoking :P15:24
dholbachif you have played around with python a bit and checked out the source code I guess a lot of it will make sense if you look at it a bit15:25
dholbachif not, talk to us on #ubuntu-locoteams15:25
dholbachI'm sure that Daviey, mhall119, toabctl, cjohnston, myself or others will be happy to help you get started15:26
dholbachso the way we work is something like this:15:26
dholbach - we get a bug report or file a bug ourselves15:26
Ddordadholbach: i was joking... don't take me seriously :P15:27
dholbach - somebody decides to work on it, so they branch lp:loco-directory and work on a separate branch for that fix15:27
dholbach - we use merge proposals and peer-review everything15:27
dholbach - that gets merged, the bug gets milestoned with whatever is the current milestone15:27
dholbach - once we have a bunch of interesting bugs fixed, we merge new translations from launchpad in15:27
dholbach - we release it and ask the Canonical IS team to get the new code on loco.ubuntu.com15:28
dholbach - DONE :)15:28
dholbachif you need help with bzr or merge proposals we can help with that too15:28
mhall119it's very easy once you get into it15:28
cjohnstonground control is a great tool for starting too15:28
dholbachthe idea is that we try to work on separate things, get them reviewed by the team and merge them in and release when it feels right15:28
rwwDo you release on a set schedule, or just when there's a good collection of changes?15:29
dholbachrww: the latter15:29
dholbachrww: if there's something important we fixed or it feels like it's substantial we release15:29
mhall119and don't be offended if your merge proposal gets marked as "Needs Fixing", most of them do, even the ones the main developers submit15:29
dholbachie: https://launchpad.net/loco-directory/0.2.x/0.2.415:29
dholbachthose were smaller releases which fixed just a couple of bugs15:30
Ddordai reported both bugs, can i write them down here so people will see, or it will be too much spam?15:30
mhall119Ddorda: we're going to review open bugs in a bit15:30
dholbachDdorda: we'll go through bugs later on, if that's OK15:30
Ddordasure, sorry :)15:30
mhall119since you got them in so quickly, we can go over them too15:31
dholbachjust a few words about bugs now15:31
dholbachwe use tags to indicate where those bugs are happening or what they affect15:31
dholbachcheck out https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+bugs15:31
dholbachon the right hand side you can see a list of tags15:31
dholbachso "events", "teams", "venues", "maps" should be obvious15:31
dholbach"stats" is about statistics we'll probably introduce one day15:32
dholbach"mainpage" is about making the landing page more useful, "ui" is well, about UI15:32
dholbachbut we also have some special tags like "bitesize" which are small bugs suitable for newcomers15:32
dholbachor "needs-decision" where we identified a problem and don't know yet how to fix it, the LoCo Council helped us in the past with those15:32
dholbach"schema-change" means that something in the data structure has changed15:33
dholbacheverything else is pretty straight-forward:15:33
dholbach - Triaged once the bug is full-well understood15:33
mhall119bitesize bugs are good for people who are learning python and django, they are usually one or two line fixes, we save them for newcomers to encourage people to get involved15:33
dholbach - In Progress (plus assigned to someone) if someone is working on it15:33
dholbach - "Fix Committed" once the fix has been merged into lp:loco-directory (but is not deployed on loco.ubuntu.com yet)15:34
dholbach - Fix Released once it was released15:34
dholbachalso once a fix is in trunk (lp:loco-directory), we milestone it, so we have some kind of "changelog" for the release15:34
dholbachnote that the bottom of http://loco.ubuntu.com/ shows the current release15:34
dholbachare there any more questions about the LD and how it's developed?15:35
dholbachI know that it might be a bit much information all at once :)15:35
mhall119we also use blueprints for planning major changes and features15:36
mongolito404Any automatic testing ?15:36
* Daviey adds, even if you are unsure of your fix - push it to launchpad via bzr anyway and propose for merging. Then it'll be either accepted, or a discussion on how to imporve it - to then get it landed15:36
Davieyit's really not as scary as it sounds!15:36
Davieymongolito404, Our automatic testing framework is currently community based :)15:36
dholbachDaviey adds a good point - most of the development discussion happens in blueprints and even hackers who landed lots of fixes sometimes have to rework their fixes a couple of times to get it right15:37
dholbachit's important that we as a team can say: ok, yes, we like it the way it is because we'll maintain the page15:37
dholbachmongolito404: not as much as we'd like15:37
DavieyOh, and dholbach is the offical gatekeeper of code. :)15:37
dholbachmongolito404: we had a couple of test cases, but no, not much, unfortunately15:38
mhall119bzr branches on launchpad are cheap, so make and push whatever work you do so it's available to others15:38
Daviey(but ideally keep the changes small and easy to read)15:38
dholbachcan the IRC Council please kick Daviey from the thannel (reason: I'm NOT the offical gatekeeper!)15:38
cjohnstonyes you are15:38
mhall119s/official/de facto/15:38
dholbachno, I'm not - I'm really just a team member like everybody else :)15:39
dholbachwe have no hierarchy :)15:39
mhall119he's our community-appointed benevolent dictator15:39
DavieyIt really helps if you commit often.  So even changing a few lines to do X, commit it to bzr with a readable changelog15:39
dholbachit's all bit chaotic, but in a good way :)15:39
cjohnstoncabdfn  = community-appointed benevolent dictator... for now15:39
Davieycommitting a massive change in one commit isn't groovy. ;)15:39
dholbachbut as we said before: it's all easy, not too hard, whatever you want to contribute is appreciate and we'll mentor you if you too think this is an exciting and important project15:40
cjohnstonDaviey: https://edge.launchpad.net/~loco-directory-dev   dholbach looks like the owner to me.. hehe15:40
mhall119we're also very laid back and informal, it's not hard to get a contribution merged into the loco-directory15:40
dholbachany more questions?15:41
dholbachdid we bore everybody to sleep already? :)15:41
elkyIs it friday yet?15:41
mhall119cjohnston: ~loco-directory-dev/loco-directory/0.2/ is trunk15:41
jasonjangTHX, i've no question, dholbach15:41
dholbachelky: you're nearer to it than most of us others :)15:41
dholbachalright, let's proceed to bugs then :)15:42
dholbach[TOPIC] Bug Review of the LD15:42
MootBotNew Topic:  Bug Review of the LD15:42
dholbachI'd like to put some attention to https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-m-loco-directory-plans15:42
dholbachit's what we discussed at UDS and is stuff we'd like to get done in the maverick cycle if possible15:42
dholbachif you look at the work items area, there's a couple of bugs that were all marked as "High importance"15:43
dholbachso they'll turn up at https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+bugs at the top15:43
dholbachmost of them revolve around making teams and events more easily findable because the lists get very long very easily15:43
dholbachalso to indicate team contacts, etc.15:44
Ddordaso.. now i can show my bug reports? :D15:44
dholbachdo we still think they all make sense?15:44
dholbachDdorda: in a bit15:44
mhall119dholbach: can we triage new bugs at the end?15:44
mhall119that'll cover Ddorda's15:44
dholbach(also please note the [dholbach] in the Whiteboard section is just a preliminary measure to get them on the radar for the blueprint tracking)15:45
dholbachso, let have a look at the "High" importance bugs first - do they still all make sense there?15:45
cjohnstonin other words, he wants you to take his tasks.. lol15:45
dholbachcjohnston: get to work! :)15:46
cjohnstonthey are all beyond me.15:46
mhall119dholbach: I think some of them are more wishlist than high15:46
dholbachmhall119: for example?15:46
mhall119I usually consider high bugs to mean something isn't working15:47
dholbachah ok15:47
dholbachmaybe we should use critical for them?15:47
mhall119like, showing descriptive team names15:47
Davieywell IMo wishlist does indicate new feature15:47
dholbach601679 could be Critical for example15:47
DavieyHigh is a current feature not working, or a non-critical regression15:47
cjohnstonI think we decided to prioritise things as we would like their importance in this cycle15:47
* Daviey missed that memo cjohnston 15:48
mhall119dholbach: I agree with that, don't want spammers farming emails from LD15:48
cjohnstonDaviey: that seemed to be how it was from uds15:48
YoBoYdholbach: +1 the mails are not visible by everyone in a majority of applications15:48
dholbachso let's use Critical for stuff that doesn't work in the future15:48
* dholbach will readjust that bug15:48
dholbachwe don't use critical very often any way15:48
YoBoYhi ^^"15:48
mhall119we rarely have critical problems ;)15:48
Davieywell a crticial bug is normally already on our radar.15:48
dholbachI used High for the stuff that we put in the blueprint - hope that's ok15:49
mhall119dholbach: there's nothing wrong with it, as long as we're all on the same page as to what that means15:49
cjohnstonI think they can have both meanings15:49
cjohnstona feature thats high and a problem thats high15:49
dholbachmaybe somebody wants to document that on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoDirectory? we don't use that page as much as we could :)15:49
dholbachjust 2-3 sentences15:50
dholbachok, nobody volunteers, I'll do it15:50
mhall119dholbach: I'm already on it ;)15:51
dholbachoh wow15:51
dholbachmhall119 is unstoppable15:51
* dholbach hugs mhall11915:51
dholbach(hugs are an important ingredient in the LoCo Directory as you can see)15:51
dholbachmhall119, Daviey: do you want to go through the bugs one by one or should we look at them in groups?15:52
dholbach(not sure how much time you all have)15:52
mhall119nobody's listed on the schedule after us15:52
dholbachok, let's zip through them quickly - can you, if you think the importance should change, or tags are missing or something else is not clear please speak up, also if you intend to work on it?15:53
dholbachfrom top to bottom on https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+bugs15:54
dholbachbug 60167915:54
ubottuLaunchpad bug 601679 in loco-directory "The locoteam mail shouldn't be in clear for everyone" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60167915:54
* dholbach added teams, data15:54
dholbachany takers?15:54
Ddordadholbach: sorry, i'm drupalian15:55
* YoBoY only know how to open bugs T_T15:55
dholbachok, added15:55
mhall119dholbach: will we only display the email for logged in users, or are we going to implement a contact form for anyone to use?15:55
dholbachmhall119: LP has a contact form already - we can just link to that15:56
mhall119right now, LD doesn't send out emails, but we've discussed that in the past15:56
dholbachwhich requires log in there15:56
mhall119ah, even better15:56
YoBoYyou choose, the mail is in clear for loged in users in LP, so...15:56
dholbachshould be a trivial change - I'll take it15:56
dholbachnext: bug 49504615:56
ubottuLaunchpad bug 495046 in loco-directory "Display the real name in addition to the Launchpad name" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49504615:56
dholbachlooks alright to me, if you think it's a good idea to work on it just say "I'll take bug XYZ"15:57
dholbachso we can go through them more quickly :)15:58
mhall119is this for users?15:58
mhall119display a user's real name15:58
dholbachatm just for adding the real name, but it'd be a preparation for future user stuff15:58
dholbachonce we have that model it'll be trivial to add more15:58
mhall119do we have real name info coming from LP right now?15:58
dholbachwe need schema-change for that15:59
mhall119Django's user table has a space for first and last name, we just need to get them from LP (if they're there)15:59
dholbachit's not crazy amounts of work, but substantial because templates need to change too, etc15:59
dholbachI wouldn't want to split up a display_name string from LP into first and last name programmatically16:00
dholbachit invites too much problems16:00
YoBoYnot every one put a first and last name on LP16:00
mhall119so, launchpad and ui tags for that one16:01
dholbachthink of Spanish names like Pedro Villavivencio Garrido, yes and what YoBoY said16:01
mhall119who's our launchpadlib guru?16:01
dholbachI'm not a guru, but I know that it just has .display_name as one string16:01
dholbachit doesn't have first and last name16:01
mhall119dholbach: we can just dump the entire display name into Django's Firstname field, and treat that like a display name16:01
dholbachlet's make that a separate discussion - I personally don't know if it should be the django user or if it should be something else because we might add other stuff in the future16:02
mhall119okay, future discussion16:02
dholbachrock on16:02
dholbachnext: bug 49625016:02
ubottuLaunchpad bug 496250 in loco-directory "Current LoCo Contact(s) is not shown" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49625016:02
dholbachshould be easy to do16:03
dholbachrequires a schema-change too16:03
dholbachnext: bug 570613 effie_jayx seems to be on it - does anybody know of any progress there?16:03
mhall119yeah, and team members to update the info, because LP has no concept of a team contact16:03
ubottuLaunchpad bug 570613 in loco-directory "Show map of events" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57061316:03
dholbachmhall119: yep16:04
mhall119dholbach: I'll take 49625016:04
dholbachthanks mhall119 - can you assign to yourself?16:04
dholbachI'll send a mail to effie-jayx about it and also ask toabctl and huats to have a look because they worked with map stuff in the past a lot I think16:05
dholbachnext: bug 57983316:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 579833 in loco-directory "On team profile page, add flickr stream" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57983316:05
dholbachshould be VERY interesting, I don't know how easy or complicated it is16:05
dholbachit'd certainly add more life to the LD :)16:05
mhall119I think this can be considered as "Medium", and it's not a necessary feature addition, but still something desirable16:06
mhall119along with the twitter/identica feeds16:06
dholbachmhall119: ok, I made it High because it was discussed at UDS16:06
dholbachI set the importance to medium16:06
dholbachif anybody's interested in working on that, speak up16:06
dholbachnext: bug 58235416:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 582354 in loco-directory "teams duplicated in listing" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58235416:07
dholbachseems to b ea bit more work, but something we really should fix soon16:07
mhall119yeah, the big question is how to allow the transition without dumping all the old data16:07
dholbachwe answered  that question16:07
dholbachcomment 616:07
mhall119does LP provide any kind of internal id that doesn't change?16:08
dholbachno idea16:09
dholbachmight be worth finding out16:09
mhall119yeah, then we could avoid having to do anything for this in the future16:09
* dholbach nods16:09
dholbachcan you add the thought to the bug?16:09
dholbachnext up is a double pack of bugs: bug 596823 and bug 59682616:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 596823 in loco-directory "list teams by continent and country" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59682316:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 596826 in loco-directory "list venues by continent and country" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59682616:10
dholbachit'd be FANTASTIC to fix them and as far as I can see it wouldn't be complicated as we have all that data already :)16:10
mhall119venues is already grouped by country16:10
mhall119would grouping it further by continent add anything?16:11
dholbachI think it'd be nice16:11
dholbachespecially it we do the same thing for teams16:11
mhall119ok, that'd be pretty simple for venues, just an additional regrouping16:12
dholbachthe list will get longer and longer, so maybe something like adding anchors at the top would help16:12
dholbachand make the whole LD much more useful16:12
dholbachespecially with 100 release parties coming up :-P16:12
mhall119the search function works pretty well for usability16:12
dholbachI guess it helps if you make several offers to find something ;-=16:13
dholbachalright, that's all for the High importance bugs :-)16:13
dholbachit'd be nice if we could get them sorted out in the Maverick time frame16:14
mhall119commented on the venues bug16:14
dholbachthanks mhall11916:14
dholbachmedium bugs16:14
mhall119do we want to group teams by country, when most of the time there will be one per country?16:14
mhall119or will by continent be enough16:14
dholbachwe should try continent first and then see how it goes16:14
dholbachfor the US it'd make sense to have country :)16:15
mongolito404mhall119: Ubuntu-fr is the LoCo for French speaking... while Ubuntu-be is a pure country based LoCo with no specific language (we use French, Dutch, German and English)16:15
dholbachmight be interesting to see how we deal with countries that span various continents16:15
dholbachwe should probably list them twice just to make sure16:15
mhall119for the US, the list will only be 50 long, it's browsable16:15
mhall119mongolito404: that's a whole other issue, YoBoY brought it up a couple days ago16:15
dholbachyeah and we have a bug report for that16:16
dholbachso we'll get to it16:16
mhall119you French guys are always complicating things ;)16:16
dholbachyeah, want all their colonies listed and everything ;-)16:16
YoBoYmhall119: it's why we rocks ;)16:16
* YoBoY hugs mhall119 16:16
dholbachalright, let's get to those bugs in a bit16:16
mongolito404Yes but this highlight the fact there there is some multi-countries LoCos16:16
dholbachmongolito404: yes, we're aware of that and we hope to solve it in a careful but pragmatic way16:17
dholbachthe most important thing to me is that users find teams and events easily16:17
mhall119mongolito404: some yes, but that's a matter for the loco-council to figure out i think16:17
mhall119we can implement it either way16:17
dholbachalright, let's crack on16:17
dholbachbug 52349716:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 523497 in loco-directory "Logged in users can see Edit/delete button für global event but they can not edit/delete this event" [Medium,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52349716:18
mhall119I think I fixed that with the new theme16:18
dholbachmhall119: can you close it? toabctl can reopen if necessary16:18
dholbachbug 52882916:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 528829 in loco-directory "No field for 'state' in venue record" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52882916:18
mhall119now only logged in LC members see links for managing global events16:19
dholbachwould definitely be nice16:19
dholbachafaik django even has the list of us states somewhere16:19
mhall119this I would consider "High", actually16:19
dholbachmaybe we can factor that in somewhere16:19
dholbachok, done16:19
mhall119adding it to Venue would be good too16:19
mongolito404About "states", I've seen many implementation in the Druapl world that doesn't fit real world cases.16:19
mhall119mongolito404: can you elaborate on that?16:20
mongolito404In Belgium we have very special (and ihmo, stupid, but that's another question) country subdivisons.16:20
dholbachwe could think about special casing this just for huge teams like the US team16:21
mongolito404The traditional subdivision used for "states" field in address are Provinces. But the country is so small that they have nearly no meaning for most users.16:21
mhall119not just US, but even large countries with a single loco (for venues)16:21
mongolito404Plus, and that's the trick, there is some place in Belgium that are not part of any Provinces.16:21
dholbachit sounds to me like it should be an optional field16:22
mhall119dholbach: for teams yes16:22
mongolito404And I'm sure Belgium is no the only country with country subdivisions that don't map to the "clean" US-style "sates" concept.16:22
dholbachok, we have like 20 bugs left, maybe we should just limit ourselves to bug importance, missing tags and if we have takers for the bug? otherwise I'm afraid we'll be here even longer16:23
mhall119mongolito404: if we give you a way to provide some for of sub-country identifier for a Venue, would you be able to use it as such?16:23
dholbachparticularly all the timezone/country/continent/state discussions take ages16:23
mhall119dholbach: fine by me, we can continue in #ubuntu-locoteams for more indepth discussion16:23
YoBoYgeopolitical matters always take ages16:23
dholbachwe don't want to get political at all16:24
mongolito404http://www.geonames.org/ is a nice source for information about country subdivisons (as a web service)  but if used, the system must be ready to accept custom code for special cases (like Belgium).16:24
MootBotLINK received:  http://www.geonames.org/ is a nice source for information about country subdivisons (as a web service)  but if used, the system must be ready to accept custom code for special cases (like Belgium).16:24
dholbachbut stay pragmatic and do the majority of our users a service :)16:24
mhall119next bug16:25
dholbachI think it's important that we briefly highlight bugs and if some of us find out they're interested in a bug, please just go and subscribe and have your say16:25
dholbachand we can further discuss in #ubuntu-locoteams in the next hours and days16:25
dholbachbug 54053216:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 540532 in loco-directory "Event Detail Page should link attendees to their LP profiles" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/54053216:25
mhall119that's one we need to ask the launchpad folks about I think16:25
mhall119or the openid folks16:26
dholbachyeah, I think there was a separate bug about that16:26
dholbachcan you tag "launchpad"?16:26
dholbachso we have stuff we can pester the lp folks about16:26
mhall119your fix will work in 99% of situations though, and i think that's enough to implment it16:26
dholbachbug 55276216:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 552762 in loco-directory "LD needs to be able to allow for adding multiple locations for one event" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/55276216:26
mhall119I'm still not sure about this16:27
dholbachme neither16:27
mhall119as described by czajkowski, I think having multiple events would be more appropriate16:27
mhall119yeah, needs-decision16:27
dholbachnext: bug 57982816:27
ubottuLaunchpad bug 579828 in loco-directory "serialise add-event procedure (if venue does not exist)" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57982816:27
dholbachI have no idea how to do that - can we do that with crazy django decorators? :-D16:28
mhall119that's where we want to add a popup on the add-event form to add a venue without leaving the event form16:28
mhall119I've done it in the past, using a hack with the admin widgets, but it'll need some reworking to fit into LD16:28
dholbachI'd be fine if form 1 → form 2 if the popup is too complicated16:28
mhall119I'll take the assignment, but it'll take a while16:28
* dholbach hugs mhall11916:29
mhall119I need to add that functionality to my work app anyway16:29
dholbachwe should do a renewed call for help, maybe have a LD bug of the month :)16:29
mhall119so it's a good excuse16:29
dholbachnext: bug 57984116:29
ubottuLaunchpad bug 579841 in loco-directory "Add user profile" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57984116:29
dholbachlarger piece of work, but probably nice to have at some stage16:29
dholbachtagged with 'user' as all the other models.user ideas16:29
dholbachnext: bug 58530616:30
ubottuLaunchpad bug 585306 in loco-directory "load Google Maps only where it's needed" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58530616:30
dholbachshould be easy to do, just a bit of confirmation here and there16:30
dholbachI'll add bitesize16:30
mhall119dholbach: I'm tagging the profile as needs-decision also, I think we should discuss it more on -contacts and -council16:30
dholbachthanks mhall119, yes16:30
dholbachnext: bug 59009116:31
ubottuLaunchpad bug 590091 in loco-directory "Allow line breaks in the Venue information Comment field" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59009116:31
mhall119dholbach: that one may also be resolved in the new theme, I'll have to check16:31
mhall119585306 that is16:31
dholbachmhall119: awesome16:31
dholbach590091 should be easy to do too16:31
rwwI'll take 59009116:31
dholbachrww: thanks - can you assign to yourself?16:31
dholbachif you need help, shout :)16:31
mhall119rww: make sure it's not already working, I thought I submitted a fix for that a while back16:32
rwwmhall119: k16:32
dholbachthanks guys16:32
dholbachnext: bug 59983116:32
ubottuLaunchpad bug 599831 in loco-directory "Show upcoming global events on mainpage" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59983116:32
dholbachwould be very nice, our current mainpage is not useful at all16:32
mhall119agreed, it shouldn't be difficult either, but not quite bitesize16:33
mhall119a good one for cjohnston ;)16:33
dholbachnext: bug 60013416:33
ubottuLaunchpad bug 600134 in loco-directory "Signing up for an event is too long and non-obvious" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60013416:33
mhall119I'm not sure it's all that difficult16:33
dholbachyep, agreed16:33
ebelI submitted that one16:33
rwwI'll grab 600134 too, it looks doable16:33
dholbachuse login decorator, change a few strings16:34
* dholbach hugs rww16:34
mhall119ebel: can we discuss it later in -locoteams?16:34
ebelmhall119: sure16:34
dholbachnext: bug 60108116:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 601081 in loco-directory "Listing teams for approval at present is not accurate" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60108116:34
mhall119sounds like something that should be updated in launchpad16:35
dholbachI have no idea what this bug is about16:35
mhall119I think launchpad currently lists teams and up for reapproval, but LC is only re-evaluating a subset of them16:36
dholbachcan you add that thought to the bug?16:36
dholbachI think it'd be good to link to the reapproval page and explain what the page is about on the LD page16:36
dholbachwhich should be easy to do16:36
dholbachok, next up16:36
dholbachnext bug: 60183816:36
ubottuLaunchpad bug 601838 in loco-directory "On mainpage, link to /events/ /teams/ and /venues/" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60183816:36
dholbachvery easy to do16:36
dholbachand we're done with medium bugs16:37
dholbachlet's try to do the rest in the next 23m - 2 hours is enough for this meeting :)16:37
mhall119dholbach: I commented on it, but should it be marked as won't fix?16:37
dholbachI'll leave that to you16:37
dholbachnext: bug 50393916:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 503939 in loco-directory "Resource links should have text" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/50393916:38
dholbachfor somebody good with web ui stuff16:38
mhall119I'll leave it open to add a link and explanation on the reapprovals pae16:38
dholbachnext: bug 51032816:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 510328 in loco-directory "long listings are sorted cross-column" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51032816:38
=== oubiwann-away is now known as oubiwann
dholbachcan we confirm we use the same in the whole LD and close the bug?16:38
mhall119the bug specifically wants them sorted a different way, which I disagree with16:39
dholbachthat's fine16:39
dholbachlet's just make sure we use a similar style across the app and be done with it16:39
dholbachnext: bug 51057216:39
ubottuLaunchpad bug 510572 in loco-directory "extend rss entries" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51057216:39
dholbachsomebody good with rss and data could fix the bug easily16:40
* dholbach adds bitesize16:40
rwwwhich page are those RSS feeds on?16:40
mhall119the team pages16:40
dholbachrww: if you go to a team's event page, it'll have the rss info in the header16:40
dholbachor in the team page itself16:40
dholbachit's not well-advertised16:41
dholbachthat should be fixed too16:41
dholbachcan somebody file a bug about that so we can discuss how we can do that?16:41
dholbachnext: bug 58257116:41
ubottuLaunchpad bug 582571 in loco-directory "Formatting issue on Venue page" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58257116:41
dholbachah yes, that's still an issue, I think16:41
rwwOh, I see. I'll take 510572 and file one for advertising RSS.16:42
dholbachin the "None" section at the bottom of http://loco.ubuntu.com/venues/16:42
dholbachrww: you're a rockstar!16:42
mhall119dholbach: the venue doesn't have a name, that's a database fix16:42
dholbachmhall119: oh ok, can you add that info to the bug? happy to "fix it" :-D16:42
* dholbach assigns16:42
mhall119we currently have a "none" section for venues without a country, but if it has no name, it has no link text16:43
dholbachalso make the venue name mandatory16:43
dholbachand I'll rename "None" too16:43
dholbachcan you add that to the bug too?16:43
dholbachI'd fix them in the same go, or if you want can you file a separate bug?16:43
dholbachI'll load up the next bugs then :)16:43
dholbachthanks muchly16:44
dholbachha, bug 582573 is fixed16:44
ubottuLaunchpad bug 582573 in loco-directory "Text not wrapping in Chromium" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58257316:44
dholbachnext: bug 59964016:44
ubottuLaunchpad bug 599640 in loco-directory "Add functionality to copy event to new" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59964016:44
dholbachwould be nice to have to pre-populate a form and have a "duplicate event" link16:45
dholbachit's a bit of work, but not too much I guess16:45
dholbachnext: bug 59970816:45
ubottuLaunchpad bug 599708 in loco-directory "displaying the #locoteams last 5 dents/tweets on main page" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59970816:45
mhall119I think 582573 is fixed16:45
dholbachI have no idea how to do that, and which API we'd use (remember we have to get IS to approve the installation of new packages and stuff) and if we can access it easily from the loco.ubuntu.com host (might have to get a hole poked in the firewall)16:46
mhall119oh, I fail reading16:46
* dholbach hugs mhall119 :)16:46
mhall119dholbach: not much work, I'll take it16:46
dholbachbut maybe we can just use raw HTTP/RSS and get it over a data center proxy16:46
ebeldholbach: it might be possible to include a javascript widget for it? ie processing happens on the browser side?16:46
dholbacherm instead of raw HTTP I meant "not use some crazy library"16:46
mhall119599640 that is16:47
dholbachmhall119: awesome16:47
ebelbut then you have to pick one service (twitter or identica), which is a flaw...16:47
dholbachebel: that'd be a possibility too - can you add info about that to the bug report?16:47
dholbachebel: then we can decide it later on16:47
mhall119dholbach: I was looking into a feed parsing library that will let us aggregate twitter and identica feeds for that16:47
dholbachok, if you can all add that info, I'd appreciate it16:48
dholbachnext: bug 60055216:48
ubottuLaunchpad bug 600552 in loco-directory "Adding multiple tags to an event" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60055216:48
dholbachdefinitely a needs-decision one, as it'd add various links and icons for all the tags to the page16:48
dholbachI'm not too fussed over how we do it16:48
dholbachnext: bug 60192816:49
ubottuLaunchpad bug 601928 in loco-directory "The list of countries in the field Location on a team page should be separated by comas." [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60192816:49
dholbachanother bitesize one16:49
dholbachand we're done with low prio bugs16:49
dholbachonly just a few left16:49
dholbachnext: bug 52680016:50
ubottuLaunchpad bug 526800 in loco-directory "Allow more than team admins to manage events" [Wishlist,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52680016:50
dholbacha lot more work, I think right now we're doing quite fine with the model we use, so wishlist is appropriate methinks16:50
mhall119I think that needs to be elevated above wishlist now16:50
mhall119we keep getting requests16:50
dholbachmhall119: because of abuse?16:50
mhall119hmm, no, just people wanting it that way16:51
mhall119maybe we should send out an inquiry to loco-contacts to see if it's necessary16:51
dholbachthey can implement it that way, if they like :-P16:51
dholbach"patches are welcome" ;-)16:51
dholbachno, I can see why a more careful member would like to have it16:51
dholbachbut as I said, I think it's a bit more work to get it in, schema-change, more LP checks, couple of views and templates need changing16:52
dholbachso changes across the board16:52
dholbachif you want to raise the importance, please go ahead16:52
mhall119yeah, we'll need to pull sub-team info from launchpad too16:52
mhall119I had some initial code for this, but the launchpad part was slow16:52
dholbachbug 538177 definitely needs decision - it'd be nice to have, but we need to spec out very clearly, 1) what should be sent and 2) to whom, 3) how to configure it16:52
ubottuLaunchpad bug 538177 in loco-directory "Send Email updates" [Wishlist,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/53817716:53
dholbachand that it's properly spec'ed out is not my requirement but that of IS16:53
mhall119we need to make sure IS is okay with us sending out emails too16:53
dholbachthey want opt-out and a very obvious reasons for getting mail16:53
mhall119I'm going to add sending tweets/dents to that one too16:53
dholbachnext: bug 53951216:54
ubottuLaunchpad bug 539512 in loco-directory "Venue List Suggestion" [Wishlist,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/53951216:54
dholbachit'd be nice if country/state info for teams could be used to pick venues :)16:54
dholbachvery nice16:55
mhall119I like it, it would require some schema-changes and extra javascript/ajax magic on the front end16:55
dholbachwhy js/ajax?16:55
mhall119so we can display just associated venues by default, but allow for expanding the list16:55
dholbachI thought that could be solved in the query in the view16:55
dholbachahhh gotcha16:55
dholbachshall we add an ajax or javascript tag?16:55
dholbachnot sure if that helps any16:55
mhall119by the time someone gets to the venue field in the events form, they won't want to refresh to get all venues16:56
mhall119just ui16:56
dholbachsounds great16:56
mhall119fortunately, with the new JSON API, it should be much easier to implement now16:56
dholbachnext: bug 540384 - would be very nice16:56
ubottuLaunchpad bug 540384 in loco-directory "Show Group/Individual participation on event page" [Wishlist,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/54038416:56
dholbachDaviey: ^ :)16:56
DavieySorry, i had to take a conf call.16:56
dholbachnext: bug 559228 - would be nice too and a good mainpage candidate too16:56
ubottuLaunchpad bug 559228 in loco-directory "LoCo Directory should have the ability to have statistcs gathered from it" [Wishlist,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/55922816:56
dholbachDaviey: that was your bug, just saying ;-)16:57
mhall119cjohnston might like it, he was doing counts for events already16:57
dholbachthe stats bug probably needs some spec'ing out too16:57
dholbachcjohnston, Daviey: maybe you can have a chat about 54038416:57
mhall119yeah, with a mind towards what akgraner needs for UWN16:57
Davieycjohnston, That should be a good bug to tackle16:57
Davieysorry it fell off my radar16:57
dholbachno worries16:57
dholbachand we're done with Wishlist bugs16:58
dholbachthere's just untriaged or undecided bugs left16:58
dholbachfrom top to bottom16:58
dholbachnext: bug 57063816:58
ubottuLaunchpad bug 570638 in loco-directory "translations not selectable on the website" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57063816:58
dholbachpersonally I have no idea how to do that16:58
dholbachshall we mark it Low?16:58
mhall119for now, yeah16:59
dholbachI'll mark it Triaged too as the problem is well-understood16:59
Davieyit needs an implementable suggestion16:59
DavieyIe, cookie or flags at the top?16:59
mhall119ideally we'd do it the way other pages do it16:59
mhall119I'm just not sure how that is17:00
dholbachok, either I'll mark it confirmed or add a "research" tag?17:00
dholbachI'd like research because it'd make a list of fun things to look at in the sparetime :)17:00
DavieyI wonder if our friendly translations coordinator has a suggestion? :)17:00
dholbachand new things :)17:00
dholbachhe's on holidays17:00
dholbachok, research it is17:00
mhall119okay, i'm okay with research17:00
dholbachnext: bug 57164417:00
ubottuLaunchpad bug 571644 in loco-directory "French translation of the menu About LoCo Directory is too long" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57164417:00
mhall119I say we just fix the French language17:01
dholbachok, I'll just ask back if it's still a problem in the newest version17:01
Davieymhall119, It seems French is not a registered LP project? :/17:01
dholbachmaybe we can wrap17:01
mhall119or maybe just as for a more concise translation?17:01
dholbachcan you follow up with those questions? concise? still a problem?17:02
dholbachand mark it incomplete?17:02
Davieydholbach, it needs re-confirmation with the new UI17:02
mhall119YoBoY: mongolito404: can that translation be made shorter?17:02
Daviey"I have submited a shorter translation : "À propos de l'annuaire"" <-- mhall11917:02
dholbachok, let's ask for reconfirmation and crack on17:02
dholbachcan somebody update the bug?17:02
YoBoYmhall119: i already make a proposal, but with the new theme i don't have this bug anymore, the "about" is not translated17:02
mongolito404Yep, "À propos de l'annuaire" is ok17:02
DavieyYoBoY, bug fixed \o/17:03
dholbachnext: bug 57404917:03
ubottuLaunchpad bug 574049 in loco-directory "User referred to as "openiduser44" in event RSVP" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57404917:03
YoBoY;) i open back if it's appear again17:03
mhall119that's the launchpad/openid issue we need to talk to someone about17:03
dholbachit sucks17:03
mhall119a good candidate for "research"17:03
dholbachI added a brief discussion I had with the lads17:03
mhall119what importance?17:03
dholbachbut I'll just add research for now and mark Medium?17:04
mhall119right now, we've only had one instance of it pop up17:04
mhall119but it's potential is much more severe17:04
Davieywell that is because all the other users have LP accounts, not just Ubuntu SSO -right?17:04
mhall119I think Medium will do for now17:04
mhall119Daviey: yes17:04
rwwyup. I don't think it's a common condition, and that's the only time I've seen it17:04
mhall119we assume that a successful openid auth means they also have a launchpad profile, and that's evidently not always true17:05
dholbachI'll add research17:05
Davieyyeah.. had the rug pulled out on us slightly there :(17:05
dholbachnext: bug 59759217:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 597592 in loco-directory "Allow team to import events from an iCal source" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59759217:06
* mhall119 blames statik 17:06
Ddordawhat's the bug # for the problem of changing language for the interface?17:06
mhall119importing data is going to require a lot of spec-ing17:06
YoBoYDdorda: 57063817:06
Ddordarww: btw, i've subscribed you to the bug, as you asked17:06
rwwDdorda: thanks17:06
DdordaYoBoY: thanks17:06
dholbachmhall119: I'll mark it wishlist for now17:07
mhall119tag it as research too17:07
mongolito404mhall119: Whay a lot of spec ?17:07
dholbachand events please17:07
mongolito404s/Whay/Why ?17:07
dholbachmongolito404: because when you import data it's always a security problem, etc.17:07
dholbachmongolito404: hard to get right17:07
mhall119mongolito404: automatically importing data opens us up to other concerns17:08
mhall119what he said17:08
mongolito404Importing from iCal should be pretty straigforward17:08
mhall119as long as it's a good feed17:08
DavieyYeah, even LP for certain stuff review it before it's authorized17:08
mhall119though there are differences between ical's capabilities and LD's capabilities17:09
DavieySo it would need acking first, and tieing to a particular team17:09
dholbachnext: bug 60016117:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 600161 in loco-directory "event details includes unneeded full date and timezone" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60016117:09
ebeloh, mine again17:10
mhall119Timezone is a known issue we've been avoiding, but I don't think displaying the date twice is all that bad17:10
Davieycjohnston, We had a discusion about this when you first started with the project, didn't we?17:10
dholbachneeds-decision, low prio17:10
ebeldates aren't localized either, i should file a bug...17:10
dholbachnext: bug 60168317:10
mhall119ebel: yes, that's a known issue, we haven't figured out a good way of handling that17:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 601683 in loco-directory "The choose of country should be optional" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60168317:11
mhall119oh right, France again17:11
ebelmhall119: accept lang http header (if it exists?)17:11
mhall119the idea of a local-community with a global footprint breaks a lot of our assumptions17:11
dholbachI think with bug 601947 we should close 60168317:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 601947 in loco-directory "Add the language in a team detail page" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60194717:11
mhall119ebel: lang header for timezone?17:11
ebelmhall119: oh I meant the date localization. Timezone data is in launchpad.17:12
YoBoYmhall119: yes France again ^^17:12
mhall119dholbach: they seem different to me17:12
mhall119601683 is because ubuntu-fr is something the France loco, and sometimes the Francophone loco17:13
dholbachI think it addresses the main concern from a user perspective (which is the only thing I care about): that you can easily find teams of your country and events in your language :)17:13
mhall119though, again, "francophone local community" is an oxymoron to me17:13
dholbachmhall119: agreed17:13
dholbachI'm happy to bump the language bug up to high and make sure we spec out language / online events for maverick+117:13
DavieyWell Chrome(ium) supports "requesting location", if that fails we could drop back to geoip :)17:13
dholbachand won't fix the other bug17:14
YoBoYnot only, the bug 602438 is another effect of this mandatory choice, i can't choose realy France if i have to ignore the overseas french department17:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 602438 in loco-directory "Some countries have more than one territory" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60243817:14
dholbachlet's talk about that in a bit17:14
YoBoYok, it's the bot :p17:14
dholbachI'd really like us to focus on the user and how they find stuff17:15
mhall119I think we need the LC's input on how to treat ubuntu-fr17:15
mhall119dholbach: +117:15
mhall119I'm okay to closes 601683 if it was mainly about listing location17:15
dholbachI'll take bug 601947 and bump that to high17:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 601947 in loco-directory "Add the language in a team detail page" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60194717:15
dholbachand make sure we make use of it in maverick+117:16
dholbachwith that I think a lot of other "problems" can be dropped to low prio17:16
Ddordalooks like an Important feature17:16
YoBoYmhall119: you can close it, it was opened more to port this problem to your attention17:16
DdordaIMHO anyway17:16
dholbachok, so what about 601683?17:17
mhall119close it17:17
dholbachok, thanks17:17
Ddordanever been in such a long session, trying to keep an eye on what's going on17:17
dholbachnext: bug 60194417:17
ubottuLaunchpad bug 601944 in loco-directory "In a team detail page, the label column don't have a fixed width" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60194417:17
dholbachDdorda: we#re almost done17:18
mhall119the screenshot doesn't look bad to me17:18
dholbachok, I'll add "teams ui", not sure what the problem is though :)17:18
mhall119YoBoY: how would you want that displayed?17:18
YoBoYopen a team page : http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-fr if you don't see a difference... ;)17:19
mhall119I just see "France" ;)17:19
YoBoYthe labels are no more on one line17:20
dholbachyeah, one line is too much then17:20
* mhall119 is still confused17:20
dholbachit could be more tight, with less space between the lines of listed countries17:20
dholbachbut that's all I see17:20
mhall119oh, ok, I get it now17:20
dholbachok, please add that info to the bug17:20
mhall119I thought that was just a chrome vs. firefox difference in the screenshot17:21
dholbachnext: bug 60243817:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 602438 in loco-directory "Some countries have more than one territory" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60243817:21
mhall119sounds like a matter for the UN17:21
Ddordalike what?17:21
mhall119France again17:21
dholbachDdorda: countries with more than one continent is a problem already solved17:21
DdordaYoBoY: you're our problem! :D17:22
YoBoYsorry ^^17:22
rwwperhaps there should be a 'france' tag ;P17:22
mhall119dholbach: Russia team currently lists a dozen neighboring countries as part of it's team17:22
mhall119rww: +117:22
DdordaYoBoY: i'll accept that after i'll finish with your script for the CDs17:22
Ddordatakes me too much time :S17:22
dholbachok, what is this bug about17:23
dholbachthat we should have a different or additional data source for our "countries"?17:23
YoBoYit's about some countries have different territories around the world, in the country list this appear like countries if they have an iso code17:23
mhall119I'm not sure, we already allow multiple countries17:24
dholbachthere must be an official list of countries, like something that everybody else (amazon, ebay, etc.) use17:24
YoBoYi already pointed in the bug report a data source who fix this17:24
dholbachYoBoY: how much entries does this give us?17:24
YoBoYdon't understand17:25
dholbachyou suggest that we use a new list for our list of countries17:25
dholbachor list "territories" instead of countries17:25
dholbachhow much more entries would that be?17:25
mhall119dholbach: I think currently those "territories" of France are listed as separate "countries" in LD17:26
YoBoYno list countries, but real countries, actually your listing is based on iso_3166.xml and it's shoud be based on iso_3166_217:26
Ddordamhall119: you can do something like "france: territory #1"17:26
mhall119YoBoY: not necessarily, if a territory is geographically displaced, it might have it's own LoCo team17:27
DdordaYoBoY: sorry for numbering you, i just don;t know the nmames :P17:27
dholbachok, I'll mark it research and triaged for now17:27
dholbachI realise that right now some people might fall through the cracks and that's something we should fix17:27
YoBoYmhall119: yes should be great also to have teams on this overseas departement17:27
dholbachBUT: I wouldn't like everybody to have to go through a list of every island or borrough in the world17:28
YoBoYbut it's not the case ^^17:28
dholbachso, research17:28
dholbachnext: bug 60318817:28
ubottuLaunchpad bug 603188 in loco-directory "one-time venue" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60318817:28
mhall119YoBoY: could you detail an implementation on that?17:28
mhall119in the bug comments17:28
mhall119the whole point of having venue records was so they could be kept and reused if desired17:28
YoBoYhum... i can try17:29
dholbachI'll mark it needs-decision and wishlist for now17:29
dholbachnext: bug 60318917:29
ubottuLaunchpad bug 603189 in loco-directory "New description to "organizer" for events" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60318917:29
Ddordayo that's mine :P17:29
mhall119maybe just add an option to delete venues?17:29
mhall119603189 bitesize ui17:29
mhall119Ddorda can implement it17:30
dholbachnext: bug 60322317:30
ubottuLaunchpad bug 603223 in loco-directory "Team page RSS feeds aren't well-advertised" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60322317:30
dholbachMedium, ui teams bitesize17:30
dholbachand with that we're done17:31
dholbach2,5h of loco-directory action17:31
mhall119but a very very productive 2.5 hours17:31
Davieycrieky o'reily17:31
dholbachthanks so much everybody - this will give us all a lot of food for thought17:31
rwwI'll grab 603223 as well, since I'm doing the other RSS thing17:31
* dholbach hugs rww17:31
dholbachrww: you're awesome17:31
mhall119yes, thanks to everyone who participated17:31
dholbachthanks a lot everybody17:31
Davieythanks gatekeeper17:31
rwwdholbach: can you tell I found some free time recently ;)?17:31
dholbachjoin us in #ubuntu-locoteams, grab a bug you like, talk to us, we'll help you get started17:32
dholbachrww: it occurred to me :)17:32
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:32.17:32
* dholbach hugs you all17:32
dholbachtime to take the dog for a walk17:32
dholbachsee you guys :)17:32
Davieydholbach, o/17:32
YoBoYthanks dholbach :)17:32
=== smoser_ is now known as smoser
=== jussi is now known as jussio1
MichealH_How long until the forum council meeting?22:27
MichealH_Is it in 30 mins?22:28
jacobheh heh, just happened to check my mail and saw that it was today22:30
MichealH_Good job I reminded you!22:31
jacobindeed :D22:31
jacobI believe it is 30 mins. 2200 UTC = 6pm EDT here22:31
MichealH_22:00 =23:00 here :P22:32
MichealH_heh...Daylight savings...22:32
MichealH_has just had problems with SSL :/22:42
MichealH_7 mins everyone22:52
MichealH_It's time23:00
MichealH_wron link23:01
jacobmight want to wait a few minutes, then we can start pinging people23:02
MichealH_Is anyone here?23:02
dmizerMeeting often starts a bit late.23:03
MichealH_Ahh... First time at these meetings ;)23:03
* jacob wonders what became of the idea of having the meetings in a forum thread23:04
MichealH_Jacob: not in real time chat?23:04
jacobMichealH_: the problem is that most of the time it's difficult to get everyone to show up at the same time (for anything on IRC, really). threads are easy to follow and easier to discuss23:05
MichealH_Ahhh yes so it is...23:06
MichealH_Is it usually this late?23:06
* dmizer thinks that forum thread meetings would be nightmarish to chair.23:06
jacobdmizer: yeah, maybe so.23:07
jacobping Technoviking23:07
MichealH_Jacob what about cariboo90723:08
cariboo907I'm not an admin23:08
MichealH_So mods = NO23:09
MichealH_Admins = YES23:09
MichealH_Is it always this late?23:10
dmizerheh ... have patience.23:10
jacobMichealH_: the scheduled time? depends. when everyone gets here..... echo dmizer :P23:10
MichealH_has none23:11
MichealH_Mind you it did say subject to change....23:11
MichealH_It is 11PM here... trying not to fall asleep lol23:12
cariboo907it's only 15:12 here :)23:13
dmizeryou got it easy ... i had to wake up 4 hours early.23:13
MichealH_And you usually wake up at...23:13
dmizer4 hours later than this.23:13
MichealH_3 AM?23:14
dmizeri'm in japan.23:14
MichealH_... It passes the time23:14
MichealH_although I would like it served with garlic ;)23:15
MichealH_Do you think it's postponed for another hour?23:16
jacobwe'd likely hear about it23:17
MichealH_So it's a no?23:18
* dmizer waves the patience flag again ;)23:18
jacobI mean, it's possible, but unlikely23:18
MichealH_heh Patience is a virtue young grasshopper23:18
jacobMichealH_: if this turns out to be a no-show, you can always mail your ideas to the FC list on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ForumCouncil (I _think_ that address is correct)23:20
Technovikingsorry was in my datacenter23:36
dmizerhey hey!23:36
jpdsTechnoviking: It has no connectivity?23:40
Technovikingjpds: it does, but I was working23:41
TechnovikingI miss that the meeting moved to this week23:42
dmizerTechnoviking: it appears that you were not alone ;)23:49
MichealHStill no showup?23:53
dmizernothing happening yet.23:54
dmizerhey bodhi!23:55
bodhi_zazen'lo dmizer , how goes ?23:57
dmizernot bad. still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes ... heh.23:57
MichealHAre we starting soon?23:58
bodhi_zazenstarting what ? Do we have enough people ?23:59
dmizerdon't think so. only you and Technoviking here atm.23:59
MichealHI don't know but it is midnight here!23:59

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!