mohi1Zach =]00:00
MichealHHeh heh00:00
zkriesseoh crap00:00
bodhi_zazenWell, we could discuss issues, possible to act on some ?00:00
MichealHWhat up Zachary?00:00
zkriesseoh hey bodhi_zazen00:00
MichealHHates the iPod00:00
MichealHLet's Go!00:02
zkriesseGo where?00:02
bodhi_zazenMichealH: Well, we can not really make a decision, but if you wish you may present your issue00:03
MichealHIt's not really an issue but Something else... I an requesting a 3 rf party forum.00:04
bodhi_zazenAye, but we do not have enough FC members here ATM to make a decision ...00:05
MichealHAn the 3rd party forum will be a place for Ubuntu Youth!00:05
jacobMichealH: is "Ubuntu Youth" an existing project needing a forum, or are you suggesting a new section?00:07
bodhi_zazenThey want a new forum00:07
bodhi_zazenMichealH: I would guess the answer will be no00:07
bodhi_zazenUnless it is an "official" project00:07
bodhi_zazenIs your project supported by Canonical ?00:07
MichealHI am sure that this is a official project00:08
jacobfound https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuYouth, assuming this is the project page00:08
MichealHWell it uses and has used the Ubuntu00:08
jacobjdong: woah, haven't seen you in forever00:09
zkriessehey again jdong00:09
zkriessejacob: that is the project page...(revamped by me)00:09
dmizerjdong \o/00:09
MichealHIt has used the ubuntu trademark thing since 200700:09
jdonghi :)00:09
jdongwhat'd I miss?00:09
jdong(gah sorry, right in the middle of work hours)00:10
MichealHJdong: nothing much00:10
jacobjdong: it's really just started, heh00:10
bodhi_zazenThe "problem" is that we have limited resources on the server00:11
bodhi_zazenThe main focus is support and this seems almost a social group00:11
MichealHI understand greatly00:11
bodhi_zazenIt is not up to me to decide, but you will need to justify why a forums is needed00:11
jdongjacob: ok good, I'll be around :)00:12
bodhi_zazenplease understand we have lots of people interested in such things, we get requests for specific forms almost weekly00:12
MichealHI was thinking of it being used as a foil do then if they had a problem with ubuntu then they can solve it with someone of a similar age group00:12
zkriessebodhi_zazen: In reality there is not a justifiable reason for this group to have a forum right now. MichealH was handed the group a short while ago but in that time there has not been much done with it..it's really an idle if not dead team00:12
bodhi_zazenFor example the Linux Terminal Server Project - That is support , but I am not sure if they would have enough traffic00:13
bodhi_zazento split from servers00:13
bodhi_zazenthanks zkriesse00:14
zkriessebodhi_zazen: The only reason I know this is because I'm giving MichealH a helping hand to get this "team" off the ground00:14
bodhi_zazenAs I said, the decision is not up to me, I am more trying to advise you what will likely be asked - justification00:14
MichealHOnly in terms of wiki/ Launchpad00:15
MichealHThis team has been dead 2 year now... But we are revamping with me on board.00:16
bodhi_zazenAny other comments on the Ubuntu Youth forum ?00:16
bodhi_zazenOtherwise, dmizer you want to add anything of polls ?00:16
zkriessebodhi_zazen: None from me at this time00:16
MichealHWe are slowly regaining... Popularity00:16
bodhi_zazenMichealH: I will "bump" your agenda item to the mailing list see if I can solicit an answer00:17
zkriessebodhi_zazen: If i may, can you give me a pm when this is done?00:17
MichealHThanks bohdi also where us this mailing list?00:17
dmizersure bodhi_zazen ... just wanted to see if there would be support in the forum council for disabling polls in the support sections of the forum. Polls would remain in the community section.00:17
bodhi_zazenI believe so, I would support the idea =)00:18
dmizeri thought so. ;)00:18
zkriesseSounds good to me as well. If i may say so00:18
MichealHBodhi_zazen Where can I subscribe to the mailing lists00:19
bodhi_zazenThey are hardly ever used in support sections so disabling them makes sense00:19
bodhi_zazenPrevents abuse00:19
bodhi_zazenI doubt it MichealH00:19
dmizeri also cannot see any good reason for having a poll in a support request.00:19
MichealHGood idea!00:19
bodhi_zazenI will  bump that to the ML as well dmizer , it seems we should be able to answer that via ML00:20
bodhi_zazenthank you for adding it to the agenda00:20
MichealHBodhi_zazen is it only for staff?00:20
dmizersounds good to me. no problem bodhi_zazen.00:20
bodhi_zazenAs a subscription I believe so MichealH00:20
bodhi_zazenAlthough if you wish you can post a mailing to it, asking about a youth forums00:21
bodhi_zazenIf you prefer, you can make your case00:21
MichealHOk will you make sure to PM me the result over the forums00:21
jdongjust for the record, I just caught up on the backlog00:22
jdongand concur with the concerns raised00:22
MichealHYes,I will post to the lists...00:22
jdongseeing that it's just bodhi and I here, mailing lists sound like a good idea00:22
MichealHWhat's the email address?00:22
bodhi_zazenAnybody else wish to raise any additional items ?00:24
jacobwhen's that staff party we're all raving about? ;)00:25
dmizerhere here00:25
bodhi_zazenTonight jacob00:25
bodhi_zazenAt your pad00:25
jacobhah, if you can find it00:26
MichealHSo... I will see if I can subscribe to your list00:26
jacobMichealH: if you just send a message to it they'll get it, but you can't subscribe to it as its private00:27
jdongno, you can't subscribe to it00:27
jdongbut you can send email to it that goes into a queue00:27
jdongso be sure to cc: everyone that's not a member of the list but is interested in the discussion00:27
MichealHHow will I know the decision?00:28
bodhi_zazenWell, it is a mailing list MichealH00:28
MichealHOk but I never get replies from topics like I have done with lists before.00:29
MichealHIf I don't get to know the answer I can ask you to P00:30
bodhi_zazenI do not recall you posting to the FC mailing list, but if you did, the admin may not have approved it, I am not sure00:30
MichealHM me00:30
bodhi_zazenyes, you can PM me on the forums if you like =)00:30
MichealHNo that was on another list!00:31
MichealHThat was a Ubuntu Loco list00:31
jacobMichealH: then you'll want to send a message to the FC list as previously mentioned00:32
MichealHLoves meetings!00:34
MichealHI have one tomorrow00:34
jacobMichealH: not sure if you're aware, but: "/me uses emotes" results in:00:37
* jacob uses emotes00:37
jacobfun IRC tidbit of the day :P00:37
MichealHJacob my client doesn't support that considering I have a iPod that is doing t00:38
dmizeripod fail! :-D00:39
jacobouch, how are you able to type on that? :P00:39
jacobanyway, storms are getting pretty bad and the lights are flickering, I should probably shut this thing down00:40
jacoblater all00:40
zkriessebye jacob00:40
dmizerlater jacob00:40
bodhi_zazenbye jacob00:40
MichealHVery easy (with spell checks lol)00:40
MichealHSee ya Jacob!00:41
MichealHSo... What's on today?00:44
=== st33med_ is now known as st33med
=== emma_ is now known as emma
=== \vish is now known as vish
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha-otm
=== Ursinha-otm is now known as Ursinha
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
* fader_ waves.16:00
MootBotMeeting started at 10:00. The chair is robbiew.16:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:00
* fader_ is filling in for marjo today.16:00
robbiewtime to make the donuts16:00
* mathiaz waves16:00
* apw waves16:01
robbiewalright then....let's get rollin16:01
robbiew[TOPIC] Team Reports16:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Team Reports16:01
robbiew[TOPIC] QA16:01
MootBotNew Topic:  QA16:01
robbiewI don't expect any boot perf stuff today, btw16:02
fader_* Hardware testing:16:02
fader_[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~fader/hw-testing/current.html16:02
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~fader/hw-testing/current.html16:02
fader_    passed:  61 (92%)    failed:  0 ( 0%)      untested:  5 ( 8%)16:02
fader_    passed:  59 (88%)    failed:  6 ( 9%)      untested:  2 ( 3%)16:02
fader_    passed:   8 (73%)    failed:  0 ( 0%)      untested:  3 (27%)16:02
fader_* Boot performance16:02
fader_Live and installed system boot chart information will be automatically16:02
fader_generated as of today for both desktop and netbook images16:02
fader_(As you say, no data yet today)16:02
fader_* Blueprint status16:02
fader_[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-platform-qa-maverick-alpha-3.html16:02
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-platform-qa-maverick-alpha-3.html16:02
fader_qa-maverick-improve-iso-tracker - 50% complete16:02
fader_Remaining work items are on track.16:02
fader_qa-maverick-mago-i18n - 0% complete16:02
fader_Not started due to higher priority work items16:02
fader_Any questions/comments/confusions?16:02
robbiewqa-maverick-improve-iso-tracker - 50% complete16:03
fader_Yeah, I'm excited for that one to happen :)16:03
robbiewapologies for tagging that at 0%16:03
* robbiew will blame the tools...because it's easier too :P16:03
robbiewthanks fader_16:04
robbiew[TOPIC] Security16:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Security16:04
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:04
jdstrandWe have no milestoned blueprints. Blueprints for the cycle are slipping due to high/complicated security update load. The team will look at postponements in the coming days and discuss at the upcoming sprint.16:04
jdstrandmdeslaur is continuing to make progress on security-m-tls-renegotiation-updates, our last remaining essential blueprint.16:05
jdstrandkees' new LSM, 'Yama', was accepted by upstream and is now in the next tree and it is in the -7 Ubuntu kernel now. He has made adjustments for the kde crash handler (which was affected by the ptrace changes) to work with Yama.16:05
jdstrandFirefox 3.6.6 was published last week for Hardy and Lucid. Jaunty and Karmic still pending due to openjdk-6. Packages have been uploaded to the mozilla ppa.16:05
jdstrandsbeattie has been performing the TCK testing on openjdk-6 and is continuing to work with doko on this. sbeattie is also16:05
jdstrandcoordinating the work for the new 2.5.1 stable release of AppArmor (userspace).16:05
jdstrandWe have two milestoned bugs for alpha-3:16:06
jdstrandbug #600549: mdeslaur is looking at it. may be a toolchain problem which needs help from doko16:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 600549 in m2crypto (Ubuntu Maverick) "m2crypto fails to build from source in maverick" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60054916:06
jdstrandbug #596136: followed up with kees, who knows how to fix it16:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 596136 in hardening-wrapper (Ubuntu Maverick) "package binutils-multiarch 2.20.1-3ubuntu6 failed to install/upgrade:" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59613616:06
jdstrandthat's it from me16:07
robbiewmoving like a fine oiled machine as always....thanks jdstrand16:07
jdstrandsure :)16:07
robbiew[TOPIC] Kernel16:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel16:07
* apw appears16:09
apwOverall Kernel Team status is summarised at the first URL below, including the items called out in the agenda.  The burn down chart shows us slightly above the line currently:16:09
apw[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:09
apw[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-kernel-team-ubuntu-10.04.html16:09
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:09
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/canonical-kernel-team-ubuntu-10.04.html16:09
apwFrom the agenda, kernel-maverick-apparmour we are making progress on the current bugs, upstreaming efforts are continuing the remaining items here are not release critical.  On kernel-maverick-pv-ops-ev2 there has been some good progress, we both have updated full xen patches ready for testing and it seems pv-ops may be back on the table.  On the bugs listed the first is still waiting on the reporter and not looking to be a general bug.  The DCHC16:09
apwcard iss is with TI curretnly.  The LVM issue we appear to have a fix moving upstream.16:09
apwThe maverick kernel has been rebased to v2.6.35-rc4 and uploaded, this brings fixes for a number of issues we have been seeing in the wild.16:09
robbiewapw: thnx16:11
robbiewquestions for Kernel?16:11
robbiewokey dokey then16:11
apw(sorry not used to being at the top of the agenda :)16:11
robbiewheh...you're always top in my book ;)16:11
robbiew[TOPIC] Foundations16:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Foundations16:12
cjwatson[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:12
cjwatsonUpdates above both for last week and this since I didn't notice until too late that last week's was cancelled. :-)16:12
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:12
cjwatsonAbove the trend line in general, although we have a lot of work in progress so I do expect that to drop down in the near future, and especially at the sprint.16:12
cjwatsonAt the moment we have several things awaiting upstream feedback from various quarters (GRUB, Python, probably kernel in the near future, etc.), and several big chunks of work on branches such as the installer redesign.16:12
cjwatsonWe're also still picking up a lot of delayed merges, routine upstream updates, and the like.16:12
cjwatsonThere's also a list there of our progress on test rebuild bugs; I'm glad to see we're not the only team with a big list there ...16:13
robbiewheh...yeah, that was fun to go through16:13
cjwatsonoh, and I have an ice cream.  yum.16:13
robbiewquestions for Foundations?16:14
robbiewnice...moving on16:15
* jdstrand wonders if it is too early for an ice cream here. may be a flavor ice...16:15
robbiew[TOPIC] Server16:15
MootBotNew Topic:  Server16:15
mathiaz[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/MaverickReleaseStatus16:15
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/MaverickReleaseStatus16:15
mathiazfor milestoned bugs:16:15
robbiewjdstrand: it's never too early for ice cream ;)16:15
mathiazbug 57231716:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 572317 in image-store-proxy (Ubuntu Maverick) "image-store does not support images without a ramdisk" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57231716:15
mathiaznot sure if it should be set to critical - waiting on gustavo to add support in upstream16:15
mathiazand bugs from the archive rebuild are being assigned16:16
mathiazfor milestoned specs:16:16
mathiaz server-maverick-apport-hooks16:16
mathiazOn Track16:16
mathiazthere is a whole bunch of other specs that are at 0% for now16:16
mathiazdue to lack of timely update16:16
mathiazso - that's all from me16:17
mathiazsorry for being short - I'm filling up for ttx at the last minute16:18
robbiewmathiaz: feel free to lower the priority on bug 57231716:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 572317 in image-store-proxy (Ubuntu Maverick) "image-store does not support images without a ramdisk" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57231716:18
robbiewas it was opened by smoser and assigned to you all :)16:18
robbiewso I'll agree with your team's judgment there16:18
smosermathiaz, it is critical.16:19
mathiazrobbiew: righ - I'll lower it to high16:19
smoserimage store will not function on maverick images without these fixes.16:19
mathiazsmoser: ok - we can discuss that later16:19
mathiazsmoser: it's milestoned for alpha3 and we're keeping an eye on it16:19
smoserand gustavo is aware.16:19
* robbiew will let the server team fight it out :P16:20
mathiazdo you have any questions for the server team?16:20
robbiewI don't...anyone else?16:20
robbiewthanks mathiaz!16:20
robbiew[TOPIC] Desktop16:20
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop16:20
seb128[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:20
seb128[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-desktop-team-maverick-alpha-3.html16:20
seb128We didn't see lot of progresses for alpha3 items yet, several team members were at conference (rmll, akademy) or on holidays.16:20
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:20
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-desktop-team-maverick-alpha-3.html16:20
seb128The firefox security update went out for hardy, lucid and maverick and most of the work is over so we should get our webbrowser maintainer for some other tasks.16:20
seb128The appmenu works seems working quite well now, we might switch UNE to not display menus in softwares but only in the indicator next week16:20
seb128The bugs assigned to our team are mailing build failures, some have been fixed already and others are under control to be fixed for this iteration16:20
seb128that's it for Ubuntu side, ScottK has the update for kubuntu16:21
robbiewyeah...sorry to alarm folks with all the ftbfs bugs...but just wanted to make sure they were known16:21
seb128since Riddell is at akademy this week16:21
ScottKKubuntu status:16:21
ScottKDesktop/Netbook ISO consolidation is complete, still need to clean up seeds and kubuntu-meta16:21
ScottKKDE SC 4.5 RC 1 is uploaded16:21
ScottKqmf and qtmobility are in the archive (qtmobility still in binary New)16:21
ScottKAll stop on armel due to qt4-x11 ICE (See Bug #603602)16:21
ScottKTesting with the appmenu widget is going well, we plan to add it to the default nebook configuration for Alpha 316:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 603602 in gcc-4.4 (Ubuntu) "ICE building qt4-x11 on armel" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60360216:21
ScottKKubuntu Ninjas are putting their moves on KDE SC 4.5 release candidate 2 tars which have just been released by upstream16:21
ScottKWe need doko for 60360216:21
robbiew[ACTION] robbiew to alert doko to bug 60360216:22
MootBotACTION received:  robbiew to alert doko to bug 60360216:22
robbiewthx seb128 and ScottK16:23
robbiew[TOPIC] DX16:23
MootBotNew Topic:  DX16:23
seb128njpatel, ^16:23
njpatelupdated it with the latest statuses for the blueprints16:24
robbiewnjpatel: is that it? or are you multitasking16:26
seb128I think the summary is on the wiki ;-)16:27
seb128njpatel, usually people give a summary on the channel as well ;-)16:27
njpatelsorry, it's been some time since I've been in one of these meetings :)16:27
njpatelSo, netbook wise, things are good apart form the submenu bug16:27
robbiewno worries, I can read16:28
robbiewjust wasn't sure if you were done :)16:28
njpatelSorry, I was expecting to answer some questions I guess :)16:28
njpatelindicator-network is not going to be moving forward 'till platform sprint as kvalo is on holidays16:29
njpatelthe other indicator bits are in, but there are some bugs still to be ironed out with the appemnu stuff before we can switch off the native menubars16:29
robbiewnjpatel: do you think your team can address the 2 ftbfs bugs?16:29
* njpatel looks16:30
robbiewor should I push them over to Desktop :P16:30
seb128robbiew, give them to us16:30
njpatelbah, do you have the links please?16:30
seb128they don't have upload rights to ubuntu anyway16:30
seb128njpatel, don't bother ;-)16:30
njpatelseb128 doesn't trust me16:30
seb128robbiew, the clutter one is already fixed16:30
njpatelseb128, okay, thanks :)16:30
seb128the other one can be taken by desktop16:31
robbiewthanks fellas16:31
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
* robbiew skips User Experience16:31
njpatelthanks, I'll be better prepared next week :)16:31
robbiewas I don't think anyone is here to speak on it16:32
robbiewnjpatel: heh...no worries16:32
njpatelI can give it a shot for fits and giggles "Brown is the new Black"16:32
ScottK"Senior Canonical manager skips user experience, apparently not important" - News at 11.16:33
robbiew[TOPIC] ARM16:33
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM16:33
robbiewScottK: heh16:33
* ogra waves16:33
robbiewto be fair, I didn't let her know16:33
ograDetailed status at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARMTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:33
ograShort summary:16:33
ogra* omap kernel and preinstalled images enabled for alpha 2, daily builds for omap3 and omap4 are happening16:33
ogra* ongoing bugfixing work for preinstalled images16:33
ogra * ongoing work on main ftbfs: directfb was fixed16:33
ogra * work ongoing on KDE/Kubuntu stack16:33
ogra* working towards A316:33
ogra* improved-subarch-detection is currently blocked on cjwatson for review of design, and possible intergration with Debian.16:33
robbiew...and I'm not THAT Senior :P16:33
ograA3 Status:16:33
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile-maverick-alpha-3.html16:33
ogra(work only started last week so status doesnt look good yet)16:33
ograA3 targeted specs:16:33
ogra(waiting for DX team (ted) on that)16:34
ograA3 targeted bugs:16:34
ograbug 60360416:34
ograbug 59194116:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 603604 in u-boot-omap3 (Ubuntu Maverick) "u-boot in maverick lacks proper XM support" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60360416:34
ograbug 60122616:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 591941 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "SDHC card not recognized" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59194116:34
ograbug 60026116:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 601226 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu Maverick) "Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference in ppdev module" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60122616:34
ograbug 60035916:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 600261 in Ubuntu CD Images "Need to calculate md5sums for arm preinstalled images" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60026116:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 600359 in ureadahead (Ubuntu Maverick) "ureadahead generating oom messages during boot." [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60035916:34
ograbug 60048716:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 600487 in gnome-session (Ubuntu Maverick) "system fails to launch netbook-launcher-efl on arm system" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60048716:34
ograquestions ?16:35
robbiewnone from me...anyone else?16:36
robbiewthnx ogra16:37
robbiew[TOPIC] MOTU16:37
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU16:37
robbiewnothing there...but I never skip them ;)16:37
* robbiew sucks up to ScottK a bit16:37
ScottKFTBFS numbers are still climbing, so that's a bit concerning16:38
ScottKOnce sparc dies things will get better, but pleanty of other things to do to16:38
ogradyfet is supposed to also look at universe if his time permits16:38
ScottKNothing major to report, but while people are looking at FTBFS, Universe needs help ...16:38
ograso you should have some help with the arm ftbfs16:38
ScottKogra: Great, because armel is next on the list after sparc.16:39
ogra(not sure how much his time permits though :) )16:39
ScottKThat's it.16:39
robbiewthnx ScottK16:39
robbiew[TOPIC] Derivatives16:39
MootBotNew Topic:  Derivatives16:39
robbiew[TOPIC] Linaro16:40
MootBotNew Topic:  Linaro16:40
* lool waves16:40
loolNo Jamie?16:41
loolWell we had a release meeting yesterday for Linaro16:41
loolSome infrastructure specs are not on target, but that doesn't affect Ubuntu; apart of that things are getting in shape16:41
loolThe key spec impacting Ubuntu is the Toolchain16:41
loolWhich is slated for release next Tuesday https://launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/+milestone/4.4-2010.0716:42
lool(the toolchain is produced by a group which has monthly releases, hence the monthly milestone)16:42
loolWe're getting there16:42
loolSadly, doko's DSL had issues, so we still have a couple of things to discuss with him just to make sure he is happy with the deliverable16:42
loolBut we're confident that the Tuesday release will be ready for inclusion as gcc-4.4/armel16:43
loolin Ubuntu16:43
ograoptionally, right ?16:43
loolWe hope it will be the default toolchain in armel16:43
ograor do i have to expect 1mio ftbfs16:43
loolwe did a test rebuild on x8616:43
loolthe two serious issues are bugs on the list16:44
looland we try to fix them for Tuesday16:44
lool(before inclusion anyway)16:44
looldoko started an armel rebuild, but that's very slow16:44
loolwe're getting hardware RSN though16:44
loolI think that's the most intrusive event for Ubuntum the other specs are less intrusive as I understand it16:44
loolhttps://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2010-07-08 are the notes from our meeting16:44
loolwell, sorry, that's where the notes will appear once they get uploaded  :-)16:45
mathiazlool: bug 57990916:45
ubottuLaunchpad bug 579909 in mysql-dfsg-5.1 (Ubuntu Maverick) "mysql fails to build form source with Linaro and CodeSourcery toolchains" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57990916:45
mathiazlool: are you guyz looking into that?16:45
loolmathiaz: Yes, it's on the milestone list I mentionned earlier16:45
loolmathiaz: however, note that it was split in two16:46
loolthere is actually a genuine mysql FTBFS in maverick16:46
mathiazlool: ok16:46
looland an earlier failure with linaro diff16:46
loolWe will work on the linaro failure first and on other bugs for this milestone16:46
looland on the second failure best effort16:46
loolbut we're taking help on the second one16:46
ogradoes the change imply a full archive rebuild btw ?16:47
loolmathiaz: Oh sorry, that's the mysql one, that one is 100% linaro specific16:47
loolthe perl one is the one with a maverick and a linaro leg16:48
loolmathiaz: so yes, we're looking at that one for sure16:48
loologra: We'd like to rebuild as much as possible once the toolchain has lived in the archive a bit16:48
mathiazlool: ok - thanks16:48
loologra: I think similarly to the lucid rebuild16:48
ogralool, ok, so there is at least a lot of arch any/all breakage ahead for the images16:48
loolexcept I think we should hopefully have more hardware for the rebuild this time around, and more people helping fix regressions16:49
ograi just want to be prepared16:49
loologra: These rebuilds will be uploaded by hand, I guess it will be "far away" from Alpha releases16:49
looland more to the near of the end of the cycles16:49
* ogra has no more questions16:50
loolThanks; I think we can move on16:50
robbiewthnx lool16:50
robbiew[TOPIC] 10.04.116:50
MootBotNew Topic:  10.04.116:50
robbiewno real change in the milestoned bugs16:51
robbiewmathiaz: could you look at bug 55113016:51
ubottuLaunchpad bug 551130 in mysql-dfsg-5.1 (Ubuntu Lucid) "infinite loop in /etc/init/mysql.conf if mysqld is not running." [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/55113016:51
robbiewor at least someone from Server16:51
mathiazrobbiew: sure16:51
robbiewI think zul is in the know16:51
robbiew[TOPIC] Any other business?16:53
MootBotNew Topic:  Any other business?16:53
* robbiew knows the next UDS location...but can't announce until the contract is signed :D16:53
ScottKrobbiew: Can you give us a timezone?16:54
robbiewokay that's it16:55
MootBotMeeting finished at 10:55.16:55
=== bjf is now known as bjf[afk]
=== apachelogger is now known as pythonlova
=== bjf[afk] is now known as bjf
zkriesseIs there anyone here who could maybe help me get MootBot in my channel its #ubuntu-beginners-wiki (Ubuntu Beginners Team Wiki channel)18:57
=== kirkland_ is now known as kirklnad
vishzkriesse: have you tried asking in -irc ?19:24
zkriesseah good point..no i have not yet asked there19:25
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
ubottuCurrent time in Etc/UTC: July 09 2010, 18:30:2619:30
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!