zkriessethanks..can i sit it?00:00
akgranernhandler, b/c mootbot-uk is here :-)00:00
akgranerand not in -meeting and there is no rule that says we "have" to hold them in -meeting00:00
zkriesse+1 akgraner00:00
akgranerok start time00:00
Mootbot-UKMeeting started at 23:01. The chair is akgraner.00:01
Mootbot-UKCommands Available: [TOPIC], [PROGRESS REPORT], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]00:01
nhandlerakgraner: There isn't a rule, but it is encouraged as it allows more people to watch and observe00:01
akgranerHere is the agenda for the meeting tonight - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Meetings/20100608/Agenda00:01
akgraner[LINK] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Meetings/20100608/Agenda00:02
Mootbot-UKLINK received:  - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Meetings/20100608/Agenda00:02
akgranerwe can add other topics at the end as I didn't send out reminder for this meeting  - but it was in the topic - but I'll do better next month and adding all the meeting stuff to a check list as well00:03
akgraner[TOPIC] - Fridge00:03
Mootbot-UKNew Topic:  - Fridge00:03
zkriesseakgraner: I'll help you make a wiki page for that if you wish00:03
akgranerzkriesse, thank you!00:03
* zkriesse goes quiet00:03
akgraner[ACTION] zkriesse to help with News team meeting wiki00:04
Mootbot-UKACTION received:  zkriesse to help with News team meeting wiki00:04
zkriesseUh oh..now I done it00:04
akgranerso the status of the new WP Fridge is that we now have access to a staging environment to start work on it00:04
akgranerand I have asked that nhandler and pleia2 have access in addition to myself00:05
nhandlerakgraner: Is there anyone besides newz who has full access to it? Otherwise, it might be difficult to migrate earlier friddge content00:06
akgranerThere will be right now this is to get it set up00:07
akgranerit's not on a Canonical Server right now but a private one00:07
nhandlerAh, ok. I assume that will also change, correct?00:07
akgranerbut as we get closer to going live it will be moved over and the migration will start happening00:07
akgraner[LINK] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website/WebThemes00:08
Mootbot-UKLINK received:  - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website/WebThemes00:08
akgranerif you look at this wiki, you'll get some idea of what we are going for but that is not set in stone as who knows what will work or not look until we get it organized and use it for a while00:09
akgranerBut it goes to the idea that The Fridge that news source and place to get to many of the areas of the community00:10
akgranerany other questions on that?  As there isn't much more to tell until we actually get those things implemented but we are closer than we were last month00:11
nhandlerWhen are we aiming to have the new fridge ready to go live? Or is that still up in the air?00:11
akgranerWell we were aiming for end of July but I think that will depend on how soon you and lyz can help with all that...00:12
akgranerSo I am thinking that full migrating could be set for End of August?  Any thoughts?00:12
nhandlerThat sounds like a good goal, but a lot will also depend on Canonical (i.e. helping to migrate old posts and move to a Canonical-hosted server, dns, etc)00:13
akgranerI agree but I need to tell let them know when we would like to shoot for00:14
akgranerand ask them if that sounds ok to them00:14
zkriesseSounds good to me00:15
akgraneranything else about all that?00:15
zkriessenot from me00:15
akgranerSo in reference to Editing procedures for the Fridge - I just wanted to remind myself and others that we have a wiki for those00:16
akgranerand if you are ever questioning if a story should go on the Fridge review this document00:16
akgraner[LINK] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Fridge/EditorGuidelines00:16
Mootbot-UKLINK received:  - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Fridge/EditorGuidelines00:16
akgranerand if you think it should still go on - then there is nothing wrong with creating a page and asking another editor to review it00:17
akgranerI ask nhandler and pleia2 to look over stuff all the time00:17
nhandlerJust make sure you don't check 'Publish' when you create the page ;)00:17
akgranernhandler, thanks for mentioning that :-)00:18
akgranerany thoughts?  questions?00:18
akgraner[TOPIC] - UWN00:19
Mootbot-UKNew Topic:  - UWN00:19
akgranerwe now have more and more people from all parts of the community adding stories on the wiki, in the channel, email, and more  - Which is awesome!00:20
akgranerso more people are helping  - and people have stepped up to take responsibility for various sections another plus00:21
akgranerso if you know someone that wants to help write summaries please send them this way we can always use help with the summaries as well00:22
akgranerany questions or thoughts about Contributions/Contributors?00:23
* zkriesse has a question00:24
zkriesseThat contributor page akgraner you never told me if it was complete or not00:24
akgranerzkriesse, I looked over it  - and it looked complete - and review it every quarter or at least cycle it should be easy to maintain00:25
akgranerthank you again!00:25
akgranerOk UWN How To  - we now have one :-)00:26
zkriessewe do?00:26
akgraner[LINK] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/EditingPolicies00:27
Mootbot-UKLINK received:  - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/EditingPolicies00:27
nhandlerMan, that is a long list00:27
zkriessebut long00:27
akgraner[LINK] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/EditingPolicies/HowToEdit00:27
Mootbot-UKLINK received:  - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/EditingPolicies/HowToEdit00:27
zkriesseonce again long00:27
akgranerwell there are many steps and each step is important00:27
zkriesseof course00:27
akgranerand you may say - Oh I don't need those steps written down - and then someone over looks it00:28
zkriesseYeah that's true...very good list's akgraner00:28
akgranerso I wrote each step down so there would be no question as to what comes next00:28
akgranerand in case I get hit by a bus I wanted everyone to know what to do00:29
nhandlerakgraner: Any objections to expanding on some of the explanations?00:29
akgranerit takes about 45-and hour to publish UWN once we proof it and say it's ready to go00:29
akgranerno objections from me00:30
akgranerjust let me know which ones need more explanation00:30
nhandlerakgraner: Yeah, I mainly want to add a few more links and stuff like that. It is really a nice page00:31
zkriesse+1 akgraner00:31
akgranersure no problem there is also a page that explains each section as well00:31
akgraner[LINK] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/SectionGuidelines00:32
Mootbot-UKLINK received:  - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/SectionGuidelines00:32
akgranerso this page should help people decide what should go in each section - but many times its just a judgment call00:32
akgranerAny questions about the howto?00:33
* zkriesse has none00:34
nhandlerNope. You did a great job on it00:34
zkriesseTotally agree nhandler00:34
akgranerso the how to and the checklist I cover there  - nhandler thanks00:34
zkriesseYou did an awesome job akgraner00:34
akgraner[TOPIC] - Other00:35
Mootbot-UKNew Topic:  - Other00:35
akgranerso in case you all didn't know  - sabdfl blogged about the 200th issue on his blog00:35
nhandlerYep. I saw that. It was a plesent surprise in the morning :)00:35
pleia2yeah, good job guys :D00:36
akgranerand reads every issue - he also mentioned in his interview for the 200th issue how much he appreciates everyone who works on UWN00:36
akgranerJane Silber also sent her appreciation and thanks along with Joey Stanford and Jorge Castro in their interviews00:37
akgranerpleia2, thanks!00:37
nhandlerakgraner: We should probably make sure the UWN #200 interviews land on the wiki interview page00:37
akgranernhandler, +1  - Can you do that?00:37
nhandlerakgraner: Yeah. Can you give me an [ACTION] so I have it in my records ;)00:38
akgraner[ACTION] nhandler to add Issue 200 interviews to interviews wiki00:38
Mootbot-UKACTION received:  nhandler to add Issue 200 interviews to interviews wiki00:38
akgranernhandler, thanks!00:39
akgranerso that's all I have folks?  Anything from anyone before we end the meeting?00:39
nhandlerNope. You will take care of minutes/email and updating the fridge calendar akgraner ?00:39
akgraneryeppers :-)  I'll action item that00:40
akgraner[ACTION] -  minutes/email and updating the fridge calendar from tonights meeting00:40
Mootbot-UKACTION received:  -  minutes/email and updating the fridge calendar from tonights meeting00:40
akgranerThanks everyone!00:40
nhandlerGreat meeting everyone00:41
Mootbot-UKMeeting finished at 23:41.00:41
zkriessevery nice00:41
zkriesseakgraner: when you're ready I'll be waiting for RE: Meeting Wiki00:41
=== ZachK_ is now known as zkriesse
zkriesseakgraner: ya there?01:21
zkriesseakgraner: Ok you're AFK, when you get this the front page is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Meetings01:23
zkriessehello svaksha15:04
svakshazkriesse: hi15:10
zkriessewb svaksha15:37
svakshabad network16:04
zkriesseakgraner: ping RE: MootBot-UK18:53
scott_evI won't be available tomorrow19:17
scott_evgoin to tucson for a team bbq19:17
=== MikeDK_ is now known as MikeDK
pleia2can an editor review http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/2080 ?21:16
nhandlerpleia2: Let me look21:18
pleia2thanks nhandler :)21:18
scott_evakgraner: I'm going to try to get my part done tonight as I won't be around tomorrow and can only hope I'll be up early enough on sunday.  I decided to quit taking pain meds and am feeling the withdrawls a little.21:18
zkriessescott_ev: May i ask what you take them for?21:19
scott_evrheumatiod arthritis21:19
zkriesseyeah that would suck21:19
nhandlerpleia2: The "at ubuntu-us.org" part is a bit unneeded with the link21:19
pleia2nhandler: yeah, sometimes we put the mailing list name so I wasn't sure21:19
scott_evI have it bad in my legs from all those years working up on roogs21:19
nhandlerpleia2: For mailing lists, I normally turn the ML name into the link itself21:20
scott_evroofing gave me osteo arthritis and it's compounded by rheumatiod21:20
* pleia2 nods21:20
zkriessescott_ev: Yeah I can understand that..did some roofing myself..and drywall, and tile21:20
pleia2alright, that's removed21:20
pleia2erk, I should probably change the date format too, since it's US-centric21:20
scott_evyeah, I did ~20 yrears of it and it broke my body21:21
nhandlerpleia2: Attachments are also working on the fridge again, so it might be nice to host the image there21:21
pleia2nhandler: done21:22
nhandlerpleia2: Looks good.21:22
pleia2ok thanks :)21:22
pleia2did we ever figure out who was posting as The Fridge Team?21:23

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!