=== fta_ is now known as fta
=== fta_ is now known as fta
=== fta_ is now known as fta
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== fta_ is now known as fta
=== fta_ is now known as fta
=== fta_ is now known as fta
=== fta_ is now known as fta
skydromehey guy got a segfault with 4.0 and moonlight06:34
skydromeAttempting to load the system libmoon06:34
skydromeSegmentation fault06:34
micahgskydrome: doesn't everything segfault with moon?06:34
* micahg needs to look into that one of these days06:35
skydrometbh i dont even know why its installed06:35
skydromethink i needed it for something a while ago06:35
micahgskydrome: if you don't use it, I'd suggest removing it as it seems to cause trouble for people06:35
skydromeyup removing now06:36
skydromelook really neat :) cya06:37
=== fta_ is now known as fta
=== fta_ is now known as fta
ejatanyone can comment on this : http://imagebin.ca/view/6388it6j.html10:23
BUGabundo_remotefta: can you reproduce? http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=4894211:25
ftaBUGabundo_remote, i don't have an account ther11:35
fta"Built on Ubuntu 9.10, running on Debian unstable" grrr11:37
=== fta_ is now known as fta
ftahm.. we need to clean-up those on upgrade.. http://paste.ubuntu.com/462949/12:50
=== fta_ is now known as fta
fta(re) hm.. we need to clean-up those on upgrade.. http://paste.ubuntu.com/462949/12:58
=== fta_ is now known as fta
micahg_Tsk_: hi, I think I figured out my Shredder problem, does the What's New page show Shredder on a version before release like 3.0.6?14:45
_Tsk_great - yes it does becaue we don't have redirects properly set14:46
_Tsk_only releases show thunderbird14:46
_Tsk_and when they don't we need to be notified - it's because our redirect rules are borked14:47
micahg_Tsk_: so, should I file a bug?14:47
_Tsk_for 3.0.6 :: no14:48
_Tsk_it's unreleased yet14:48
_Tsk_we are just pushing it today to the beta channel14:48
_Tsk_release date is set to the 20th or so14:48
micahg_Tsk_: k, great, I'll push it to Maverick then so we get extended testing14:49
_Tsk_yes please do14:49
micahgchrisccoulson: Thunderbird 3.0.6 looks ready to go, I'm going to push, ok?14:51
micahg_Tsk_: was there any discussion of TB 3.0.x EOL at the summit?14:54
_Tsk_plans are AFAIK :14:55
_Tsk_1) make 3.1.114:55
_Tsk_2) push 3.1.1 to 3.X users14:55
_Tsk_3) push 3.1.1 to 2.x users14:55
_Tsk_4) EOL 2.x14:55
_Tsk_but no talks on 3.0.x14:55
micahg_Tsk_: k, I'll talk to chrisccoulson about it, thanks14:56
_Tsk_so asac isn't the person to talk about those things anymore14:57
_Tsk_should we update our contact list and who should we pîng ubuntu wise ?14:57
chrisccoulsonmicahg - feel free to upload tb3.0.614:57
micahg_Tsk_: he is more advisory at this point, would you say that's correct chrisccoulson?14:58
chrisccoulsonhi _Tsk_, feel free to ping me about anything ubuntu related14:58
chrisccoulsonmicahg - yeah, that's pretty much correct14:58
micahg_Tsk_: you can ping me as well, asac had chrisccoulson and I added to the notices that standard8 sends out14:58
_Tsk_ho ok that's done then14:59
micahgchrisccoulson: do you have time to chat about 3.0.x for Thunderbrid?15:01
ftamicahg, http://paste.ubuntu.com/462949/15:01
_Tsk_micahg:  we also have a discussion on tb-lplanning about eoling 3.0.x15:01
micahgfta: ugh, what was that after?15:02
ftamicahg, after the upgrade to 4.0. 3.7 left a bunch of stuff behind15:02
chrisccoulsonthat's fairly normal unless you do explicit conffile cleanups in the maintainer scripts15:03
chrisccoulsonwhich we don't ever seem to have done before between major versions15:03
ftaiirc, we already have something to in post/pre to do some clean up15:03
ftathose are not user customized so they must go15:04
ftasame for 3.015:04
ftawell, no, not 3.015:05
ftai just have apturl.js in there15:05
chrisccoulsonyeah, we should clean them up really, but i don't think that's a new problem. i've just logged in to my desktop which has been upgraded through a few releases, and i still have cruft left over in /etc/firefox-3.0 and /etc/firefox-3.515:05
micahgfta: there's only something to clean up apparmor profiles15:06
ftamicahg, hmm, i remember i did something like that somewhere15:06
micahgchrisccoulson: what do you think about SRUing bug 563535 in the next upload to Lucid?15:08
ubot2Launchpad bug 563535 in thunderbird (Ubuntu) "thunderbird -g fails due to invoking "$LIBDIR/$META_NAME" instead of "$LIBDIR/$META_NAME"-bin (affects: 1) (heat: 44)" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/56353515:08
chrisccoulsonmicahg - yeah, i think we already fixed the same issue for firefox15:08
chrisccoulsoni'd like to clean these wrapper scripts up a little this week really15:09
micahgchrisccoulson: k, so should I just get an sru-ack before you do the security upload?15:09
chrisccoulsonmicahg - yeah, can do15:09
ftathat was rm_conffile in debian/xulrunner-1.9.1.postinst a while ago, is it still there?15:11
micahgfta: I don't see it, but there's a line to remove from ld.so.conf.d :)15:12
ftamicahg, it's in bzr log, not sure why it's gone though15:13
micahgfta: revision 34915:14
=== fta_ is now known as fta
chrisccoulsonwow, i can't believe how slow maverick is on my laptop15:27
mdeslaurchrisccoulson: you mean widget drawing and stuff?15:31
chrisccoulsonmdeslaur, everything, it runs absolutely terrible on my laptop15:31
chrisccoulsonjust switching tabs in nautilus takes around ~10s or so whilst it hammers the disk15:32
chrisccoulsoni've had to purge ubuntuone because it just stops me from being able to do anything for 2 hours after logging in15:32
chrisccoulsonbut it still performs pretty bad15:33
mdeslaurSince upgrading to maverick, it feels like gtk slowed down 10x for me15:33
mdeslaurI can see stuff draw on the screen15:33
chrisccoulsonyeah, it feels really awful. and nautilus has a huge memory leak too15:33
chrisccoulsonin fact, that might be part of my problem15:33
chrisccoulsoni have to keep killing nautilus every 10 minutes or so15:33
chrisccoulsonand gedit too. perhaps it is a gtk problem ;)15:34
* micahg wonders if it's worth SRUing the gdb bug if we're moving Lucid to 3.1.x anyways15:34
micahgchrisccoulson: ^^15:34
chrisccoulsonmicahg - i suppose it depends on when we plan to do that15:35
chrisccoulsonperhaps we should just wait15:35
micahgchrisccoulson: wanna chat about it :)15:35
mdeslaurchrisccoulson: I seem to recall having experienced similar slowdown during the lucid beta cycle when CSD and/or something else was introduced temporarily into gtk15:35
mdeslaurbut, my memory is crappy, so... :)15:35
micahgchrisccoulson: well, I need to know whether or not I need to make lightning for 3.0.x or just 3.1.x15:36
chrisccoulsoni think we should start getting ready to deploy 3.1.1 on lucid now, but i'd like to get it in maverick first to get some testing coverage15:36
chrisccoulsoni think we should probably make getting 3.1.x in to maverick a priority, so people can test it15:37
micahgchrisccoulson: k, but how long of a test window?  Once I push lightning 1.0b2 to maverick, we can't get 1.0b1 for 3.0.x in Lucid15:37
chrisccoulsonmicahg - i wouldn't worry too much about that, as it's fairly inevitable that lucid will get 3.1.x soon anyway15:38
micahgchrisccoulson: do we need a special ack for that this early?15:38
chrisccoulsonmdeslaur, i ran the gtk updates from one of our PPA's when i was still running lucid, and that also slowed my machine down in the same way, so i suspect that it has something to do with it15:38
micahgchrisccoulson: we'll need to update enigmail as well and any other rdepends15:38
chrisccoulsonmicahg - that's ok, but we should probably start doing that in maverick ASAP really15:40
micahgchrisccoulson: ok, I'll try to get 3.1 back in the daily PPA this weekend, then after I get the rest of the rdepends (enigmail and such) updated for maverick, I'll upload (probably last week in July/first week of August), sound ok?15:40
chrisccoulsonhopefully we'll catch all of the surprises early then ;)15:40
chrisccoulsonyeah, that should be ok15:40
micahgI think I finally had an upload without changelog goofs \o/15:42
micahgdon't worry, they were all minor/cosmetic15:43
=== fta_ is now known as fta
chrisccoulsonasac - is there a reason why we build an empty firefox-dev package?17:57
asacchrisccoulson: transitional?17:59
asacchrisccoulson: i think at some point we wanted to put the browser specific xpcom headers there18:00
asacmight be that those are non-existing now in recent branches18:00
asacchrisccoulson: run find browser -name \*.idl18:00
asacin mozilla/ tree18:00
asacif that yields anything, it means that in theory we would need a -dev package for firefox18:00
chrisccoulsonasac - it currently only depends on firefox, so if it is a transitional package, it's probably not pulling in the correct package18:01
asacchrisccoulson: so yeah. then the latter is the reason18:02
asacrun that command to see if we would need a -dev18:02
asacseems there are a few18:03
asacmost likely they dont get installed by make install and stuff like that etc.18:03
chrisccoulsonso, we should be installing those in firefox-dev really then?18:03
asacchrisccoulson: we should install those together with the .h files18:06
asacotoh we dont want anyone to use firefox ;)18:06
asacso its fine to drop that package i think18:06
asacuntil someone complains that they cant build some extension or so18:06
chrisccoulsoncool, i'll drop the package for now then18:07
=== fta_ is now known as fta
ftai think it's best if i quit freenode for a while, at least until my dsl link is fixed. no need to spam all the channels i'm usually in18:26
=== fta_ is now known as fta
=== fta_ is now known as fta
chrisccoulsonmicahg - i'm going to push tb3.0.6 to the PPA in a minute unless you've got any other changes you want to get in19:46
micahgchrisccoulson: no, I think just a straight update is fine since we'll probably push TB3.1 next month19:46
chrisccoulsoncool, ok, doing that now then19:47
micahgchrisccoulson: thanks, I'm sure you saw I pushed to maverick this morning19:47
chrisccoulsonyes thanks, i'll copy your tarball now ;)19:47
micahgchrisccoulson: BTW, I think I might add to .head a variable to choose either kmozillahelper or firefox-kde-support depending on version (probably won't get to this till next month though)19:49
chrisccoulsonthe firefox-kde-support is from an external source isn't it?19:49
micahgchrisccoulson: yeah, but that is the new name for the pacakge starting w/maverick19:50
micahgchrisccoulson: it's a suggests19:50
chrisccoulsoni'm just wondering if it makes sense for us to just build a "firefox-gnome" and "firefox-kde" package which both depend on firefox and pull in the correct platform libraries19:50
chrisccoulsonrather than doing different things for handling the kde/gnome bits19:51
micahgchrisccoulson: well, firefox-kde-support/firefox-gnome-support already do that I though19:51
chrisccoulsonmicahg - yeah, but firefox-kde-support comes from an external source package, which seems a bit strange19:52
micahgchrisccoulson: because it's developed by Novell :)19:52
chrisccoulsonah, ok19:52
micahgchrisccoulson: I just want to reference the right package name in the dailies19:53
micahgchrisccoulson: first, awesome job on all the script fixes this morning for FF.head, but I saw a small typo in r61519:54
micahgchrisccoulson: just in the changelog19:54
chrisccoulsonmicahg - yeah, i just saw that. i'll fix it when i do another push ;)19:55
micahgchrisccoulson: k, thanks :)19:55
micahgchrisccoulson: I'll port your fixes to ff4.0.head when I make it all in one19:55
micahgchrisccoulson: unless you want to do it :)19:55
chrisccoulsonmicahg - i'm going to create a firefox-3.6.head.dh7 branch shortly where we can start playing around with doing a dh7 port (just to catch any blockers on doing that)19:56
chrisccoulsonbut i want to do some tidying up first really19:56
chrisccoulsonyeah, i'll look at copying some of those changes to ff4.0.head later as well19:57
micahgchrisccoulson: well, we can't do that until maverick+1 anyways, so I would suggest working on other maverick issues now19:57
chrisccoulsonmicahg - yeah, i wasn't planning on spending too much time on it, i just wanted to see if there would be any major issues, or functionality that we would be missing19:58
micahgchrisccoulson: k, I hope we can do a major cleanup next cycle, but we have to do another round of porting, so I was planning toward the end of release to start porting to xul20 in the transition PPA19:59
chrisccoulsonporting to xul20 is going to be fun ;)19:59
micahgchrisccoulson: indeed :)20:02
micahgchrisccoulson: and if squeeze isn't released yet, we'll be 2 xul versions ahead of sid20:03
micahgchrisccoulson: lfaraone: oh, and the pyjamas guy is ranting on debian-devel now20:03
chrisccoulsonheh, i should tell him that i've started on the pyxpcom packaging now ;)20:04
micahgchrisccoulson: was just going to ask you about that :)20:04
chrisccoulsonor maybe i should let him whinge for a bit longer....20:04
micahgchrisccoulson: I was going to chat with upstream about the future of the project, but never had a chance, you might want to do that to see if it'll even be around in 18 months20:04
chrisccoulsoni'm a bit stuck with the versioning for pyxpcom, because the upstream source doesn't have a version number20:04
micahgchrisccoulson: maybe do it like scott did pybootchartgui20:05
chrisccoulsonmicahg - i tried asking in #pyxpcom earlier about versioning and doing a proper release, but i got no answer20:05
chrisccoulsonmicahg - yeah, that's what i've done for the packaging so far, but then i remembered that the python-xpcom binary package has existed in ubuntu before, but with a higher version number20:05
chrisccoulsonso, i'd either need to pick a new binary name (and deviate away from debian), pick another arbitrary version number, or add an epoch20:06
micahgchrisccoulson: I would just suggest making this replace/conflict the old package20:07
* micahg forgot about upgrading those old people20:09
micahgchrisccoulson: you shouldn't worry about upgrading old users I think since the new packages will depend on pyxpcom20:09
chrisccoulsonmicahg - i was trying to keep the same binary name as before (python-xpcom), which aligns also with debian20:10
micahgs/shouldn't/shouldn't need to/20:10
micahgchrisccoulson: well, is it common to move binaries from one source to another?20:10
chrisccoulsonmicahg - i think it's been done before20:11
micahgchrisccoulson: maybe you should chat with glandium about his plans for it20:11
micahgit's not in xulrunner-1.9.2 source20:11
micahgin debian20:11
chrisccoulsonright, dinner time. bbiab20:14
=== fta_ is now known as fta

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!