directhexisn't python 2.7 out now? what about *that* shizzle, when upstreams are still sticking with 2.5?02:09
ajmitchit'll get there, one day02:10
ajmitchnot sure if it'll be in maverick or not, I think it was suggested02:11
directhexwell, mono 2.6.7 will be there, who needs python?02:12
ajmitchsane people02:12
ajmitchyou see, people actually use python so they notice when it breaks02:13
directhexyeah, in every minor version bump. solid Enterprise software!02:13
ajmitchit's called Progress02:13
ajmitchfarewell :)02:15
=== ApOgEE__ is now known as ApOgEE
simarhello vish05:47
bilalakhtarHello there. If in a merge, compat level is set to 6 but debhelper is >= 7 in build-deps, what should I do?06:44
bilalakhtartumbleweed: u there?06:44
bilalakhtarHello there. If in a merge, compat level is set to 6 but debhelper is >= 7 in build-deps, what should I do?06:54
RAOFLeave it as it is, generally.  Compat level and required debhelper version don't have to be the same.07:00
RAOFBecause you can use debhelper commands found only in newer debhelper versions without necessarily wanting the changed behaviour of all the other debhelper tools.07:01
dholbachgood morning07:40
Rhondahmm, my link scrolled off already.  %-/08:22
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
directhexYokoZar, was there ever a reason discovered for why wine breaks when built with -Bsymbolic-functions ?10:03
YokoZardirecthex: not to my knowledge10:03
YokoZardirecthex: that PGO audio garbling issue was pretty weird10:04
directhexhm. i'm facing the same problem in the chromium bridge for moonlight (segfaults of built with -Bsymbolic-functions)10:04
simarAnybody knows to which package does these files belong pk11pub.h  secerr.h  pk11func.h  keyhi.h10:46
simarI'm try to solve a FTBFS10:46
simarWhat may be the cause of this in the build cause10:48
simarWeaveCrypto.h:44:21: error: pk11pub.h: No such file or directory10:48
simarWeaveCrypto.cpp:47:20: error: secerr.h: No such file or directory10:48
simarWeaveCrypto.cpp:49:22: error: pk11func.h: No such file or directory10:48
simarWeaveCrypto.cpp:50:19: error: keyhi.h: No such file or directory10:48
simarI have checked the debian/control two packages are not found on maveric but are avaliable on older systems..10:49
jpdslibnss3-dev: /usr/include/nss/pk11pub.h10:50
jpdsAnd so are the rest.10:51
jpdsgeser: Morgen.10:51
simarjpds, xulrunner-dev is not found for maverick but exist in the debian/control file as a dep?10:52
simarjpds, I'm new to FTBFS . I need your help in this?10:53
jpdssimar: I think you can remove that, and add libnss3-dev.10:53
simarjpds, http://launchpadlibrarian.net/50411959/buildlog_ubuntu-maverick-i386.weave_1.3-2_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz   is the build log10:54
simarjpds, if you want to have a look10:54
simarjpds, i will just try it ... thanks though :)10:55
gesersimar: the ubuntu mozilla team is checking if this package will stay in the archive (see the mozilla support policy) or get dropped. please contact them before wasting time on fixing this FTBFS.10:59
simargeser, Actually i had a class by danial on 12th on packaging, there he suggested that this one we can try for practise and ask if anthing goes wrong on #ubntu-moto11:01
simarjpds, still the same errors come .. :(11:04
simarIn file included from WeaveCrypto.cpp:41:11:04
simarWeaveCrypto.h:44:21: error: pk11pub.h: No such file or directory11:04
simarWeaveCrypto.cpp:47:20: error: secerr.h: No such file or directory11:04
simarWeaveCrypto.cpp:49:22: error: pk11func.h: No such file or directory11:04
simarWeaveCrypto.cpp:50:19: error: keyhi.h: No such file or directory11:04
simarand even more i think :(((11:04
shadeslayer_hmm.. so once again... My LP page : launchpad.net/~rohangarg , should i apply for MOTU with that amount of contribution or should i contribute more???11:07
shadeslayer_( before applying )11:07
simarshadeslayer, hi11:11
shadeslayer_simar: \o11:11
shadeslayer_simar: im at work currently ... wont be able to help alot :D11:11
simarshadeslayer, np :>11:11
shadeslayer_also.. im leaving for home in 2 mins11:11
simarshadeslayer, by the way best of luck for your MOTO app, :>>11:12
shadeslayer_simar: feel free to leave messages/PM's on my core account ( shadeslayer )11:12
jpdssimar: chrisccoulson is the mozilla wiz, he might be more useful than me with your problem,11:12
chrisccoulsonhi :)11:13
simarshadeslayer, i think you should be ... you really help by your own wish...11:13
simarshadeslayer, sure i will .. :))11:13
shadeslayer_simar: hehe :D11:14
* shadeslayer_ catches jpds 11:14
simarshadeslayer, :D11:14
shadeslayer_jpds: any suggestions11:14
shadeslayer_ok gtg now... cya later... any suggestions go to shadeslayer :D11:17
shadeslayer_ill see them later :P11:17
gesersimar: looks like dholbach picked a bad example11:22
simargeser, why?11:23
simargeser, could you suggest me a better?11:23
simargeser, that is easy for me..11:24
gesersimar: because of the mozilla support policy that package (weave) might get removed from the archive because it's unsupportable in the long run11:25
simargeser, any better alternative please??11:25
geserone moment, I'm looking11:25
simargeser, thanks you so much for your effort :->>11:29
gesersimar: openinvaders, see http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~lucas/ubuntu-nbs/32/open-invaders_0.3-1_lubuntu32.buildlog for the failure11:31
gesersimar: kball (also from http://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/ubuntu_ftbfs.cgi) has the same problem11:31
simargeser, :)11:34
simargeser, i'm looking at it.11:34
simargeser, I thing, when sladesyaler means to leave message, does he mean to leave it on wiki ??11:37
simargeser, whats the difference between the list of FTBFS you provided http://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/ubuntu_ftbfs.cgi  and the the last one in /topic11:53
=== simar changed the topic of #ubuntu-motu to: | geser
simaroh !!11:53
simarsorry for that11:54
jpdsInteresting topic.11:54
simarjpds, ya !!11:54
simarjpds, my mistake11:54
=== geser changed the topic of #ubuntu-motu to: Want to get involved with the MOTU? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Contributing | Sponsor queue: http://is.gd/2y76G | http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs | http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/NBS | http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/bugs/rcbugs/ | latest rebuild failures: http://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/ubuntu_ftbfs.cgi
=== geser changed the topic of #ubuntu-motu to: "Want to get involved with the MOTU? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Contributing | Sponsor queue: http://is.gd/2y76G | http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs | http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/NBS | http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/bugs/rcbugs/ | latest rebuild failures: http://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/ubuntu_ftbfs.cgi"
=== geser changed the topic of #ubuntu-motu to: Want to get involved with the MOTU? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Contributing | Sponsor queue: http://is.gd/2y76G | http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs | http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/NBS | http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/bugs/rcbugs/ | latest rebuild failures: http://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/ubuntu_ftbfs.cgi
simarjpds, geser Whats the diff b/w http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs and http://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/ubuntu_ftbfs.cgi list of FTBFS ?11:56
gesersimar: the one on qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs is the list of current FTBFS (from recent uploads to the archive) while the other is the result from a complete archive rebuild11:57
geserit has packages that build successfully in the past but don't anymore11:57
simargeser, ok and thats because of change in other dep package probably ...11:58
simarthen i think rebuilds are easy to handle ...11:58
gesersimar: the one on qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs is the list of current FTBFS (from recent uploads to the archive) while the other is the result from a complete archive rebuild11:58
geserthe second one has packages that build successfully in the past but don't anymore11:58
simarwhat a bad luck!! dget -xu https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/open-invaders_0.3-1.dsc build successfully.12:01
simarusing pbuilder12:01
geserin a maverick pbuilder?12:01
simargeser, ya I have set  DISTRIBUTION=maverick in ~/.pbuilderrc12:03
simargeser:- let me try kball then12:04
* geser checks12:04
geserI can reproduce this in my AMD64 maverick pbuilder12:05
gesersimar: check if your pbuilder is really for maverick: "pbuilder login" and then inside the pbuilder "cat /etc/apt/sources.list" and check if it lists maverick12:07
simargeser:- i'm checking12:08
simargeser in kball build log i've found12:08
simarUnpack source12:08
simargpgv: keyblock resource `/home/user/.gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg': file open error12:08
simargpgv: Signature made Tue Apr  7 05:58:50 2009 CEST using DSA key ID 4B394F7E12:08
simargpgv: Can't check signature: public key not found12:08
simardpkg-source: warning: failed to verify signature on ./kball_0.0.20041216-6.dsc12:08
simarand src/gamemenu.cpp:224: error: 'mkdir' was not declared in this scope12:09
simargeser:- I think you are right i can see Lucid there12:11
simarroot@simar-laptop:/# cat /etc/apt/sources.list12:11
simardeb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid main universe multiverse restricted12:11
simar#deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid main universe multiverse restricted12:11
simargeser:- but I have set DISTRIBUTION = maverick in .puilderrc12:12
geserdid you add it after you created the pbuilder or before?12:15
dholbachgeser: sorry for that12:16
geserdholbach: no problem, I only recently saw that it is probably affected by the Mozilla support policy12:23
simargeser:- I added after but then i run sudo pbuilder update shadeslayer told me this ..12:35
gesertry "sudo pbuilder --override-config update"12:35
tumbleweedbilalakhtar: you pinged me?13:05
bilalakhtartumbleweed: yes13:05
bilalakhtartumbleweed: I needed help in something. someone else helped me13:05
bilalakhtartumbleweed: sorry if I caused you some problem13:05
tumbleweedbilalakhtar: np13:06
bilalakhtartumbleweed: My question was, if dh (>= 7) in build-deps, then compat=7 is necessary or not?13:06
bilalakhtarbecoz in a merge, compat was 6 and dh >=713:06
tumbleweedyeah, we don't things like that unless we have to13:07
directhexwhat are the consequences of not compiling with -Bsymbolic-functions?13:27
geserbug #230460 explains it a little bit, perhaps that's the case here too13:33
ubottuLaunchpad bug 230460 in libxfont (Ubuntu) "xorg fails to start if linked with -Bsymbolic-functions" [Undecided,Won't fix] https://launchpad.net/bugs/23046013:34
directhexgeser, so is blanking LDFLAGS to fix a Bsymbolic-functions problem an acceptable path to take?13:36
geserdirecthex: if it solves then yes, please document it on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CompilerFlags (like the libxfont1 entry) in that case13:39
directhexwine should be in that list13:41
directhexwine blanks ldflags, there's a link in debian/rules to rationale13:42
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
Quintasandholbach: ping14:49
dholbachQuintasan: pong14:50
Quintasandholbach: about daily builds, do you how can I force stripping debug libs?14:50
dholbachI don't think we do anything special to debug libs in PPAs14:51
dholbachbut you can ask in #launchpad14:51
dholbachotherwise dh_strip should do its regular job, no?14:51
Quintasannope, build log says stripping is disabled on PPA builds14:52
Quintasanjames_w said he is working on it but it won't hurt if I could find some workaround14:52
dholbachI'm sorry, but I have no idea what's happening there14:53
dholbachdoes dh_strip not do its job in PPA builds?14:53
james_wQuintasan: I didn't say that, I said that dh_strip is getting called as normal in your build log14:53
james_wwhat is disabled on PPA builds is the stripping to -dbgsym packages that every Ubuntu package does14:53
dholbachah ok, that makes more sense now14:54
Quintasanoh, I must've misread, sorry14:54
Quintasanjames_w: you have mentioned something about missing -a switch to dh_stip, I can't find it in man dh_strip, what it does?14:55
james_wQuintasan: see "man debhelper"14:55
Quintasanoh, okay14:56
QuintasanI'll customize rules even further then14:57
dupondjecan somebody take a look @ https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/aegir-provision/+bug/54366215:00
ubottuLaunchpad bug 543662 in aegir-provision (Ubuntu) "Crashes due to wrong permissions of sudoers file." [Undecided,Confirmed]15:00
dupondjeits fixed in debian, just need sync :)15:01
geserdupondje: so file a sync request for maverick and extract the changes for an SRU for lucid (if you want to see it fixed there too)15:07
dupondjetought a normal bug would be ok ;) but i'll do a sync req15:08
geserdupondje: you can update that but to a sync request15:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 605895 in aegir-provision (Ubuntu) "Sync aegir-provision 0.3-2.1 (universe) from Debian unstable (main)" [Wishlist,New]15:13
dupondjegeser: if you feel syncing it, feel free ;)15:22
carstenhdupondje: thanks again for taking care :)15:24
dupondjehéhé np, its good bugs get killed :)15:25
carstenhdupondje: did you use a launchpad e-mail interface to file this bug? if you did, where can I find information about this?15:26
dupondjerequestsync <package>15:27
dupondjeconsole ftw!15:27
dupondjeit's in ubuntu-dev-tools15:28
wgrantcarstenh: https://help.launchpad.net/Bugs/EmailInterface15:28
dupondjeyou have more permissions btw in tru the email interface ?15:29
dupondjecause with requestsync I can set bugs as 'wishlist'15:29
dupondjewith the http interface not :)15:29
carstenhwgrant: looks great, thanks :)15:34
=== ogra_ is now known as ogra
tumbleweedmicahg: btw I sat down and wrote a better grab-udd-merge lp:~stefanor/ubuntu-dev-tools/grab-udd-merge if you have any interest15:39
micahgtumbleweed: k, thanks :)15:40
micahgtumbleweed: I'll give it whirl this weekend15:40
tumbleweedcool. could use some testing15:41
ari-tczewstatik: ping16:18
ari-tczewstatik: ok, so I'm leaving message then: could you clean-up on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda ? your link in MOTU field leads to another application instead MOTU (stricte developer) application.16:29
micahgari-tczew: why is that a problem?16:31
ari-tczewmicahg: mess16:32
micahgari-tczew: it looks fine to me16:32
ari-tczewmicahg: it not looks fine for me16:32
micahgari-tczew: the DMB members already numbered the apps, why are you worrying about it16:33
ari-tczewmicahg: hmm, maybe yes16:34
dholbachDay 4 of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloper Week starts in 23 minutes in #ubuntu-classroomDay 4 of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloper Week starts in 23 minutes in #ubuntu-classroom16:37
ari-tczewdholbach: above link now works16:41
lfaraoneIf a package does not have a patch system, would it be a bad idea to add one during a SRU?17:01
micahglfaraone: yes :)17:01
lfaraoneIf foo-1.2-1 in Maverick fixes 20 high-value bugs that were in foo-1.1-1 that would all be candidates for SRU, and nothing else, can we upload foo-1.2-0ubuntu0.10.04.117:17
simarshadeslayer: hi17:48
shadeslayersimar: \o17:48
shadeslayersimar: a bit busy with koding.. but go ahead :D17:48
simarshadeslayer: should i write testimonials on your wiki, may help you in your MOTO app17:49
shadeslayersimar: MOTU.. and no.. im not applying right now :D17:49
shadeslayermaybe after another month17:49
shadeslayeror 2 weeks... if time permits17:49
simarshadeslayer: k, fine17:50
simarshadeslayer: go ahead with coding. c ya17:50
ari-tczewslangasek: have you got some time for help?18:01
slangasekari-tczew: afraid not right now, but you can ask and I'll answer as possible18:10
ari-tczewslangasek: I'd like to get a lesson about bzr merging from you.18:11
slangasekari-tczew: my latency will be high, but I'm happy to answer your questions :)18:12
ari-tczewslangasek: so maybe another time, I prefer to active discussions18:16
ari-tczewbut thanks for reply18:16
fabrice_spporthose, did my email bring some improvement to your pb?19:13
porthosefabrice_sp, yes it did thx, busy testing the fix right now, will probably require an SRU :)19:15
fabrice_spcool :-)19:16
simargeser: heya atleast i can reproduce the failed build of openinvaders ..20:03
dupondjefabrice_sp: can you SRU also ?20:06
fabrice_spI can upload to -proposed, but it still needs a ubuntu-sru for acking20:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 605895 in aegir-provision (Ubuntu) "Sync aegir-provision 0.3-2.1 (universe) from Debian unstable (main)" [Wishlist,Fix released]20:07
dupondjeshould be added in lucid also, quite important bug ...20:07
fabrice_spwe can't SRU a new version20:08
fabrice_spyou should generate a minimal patch on the top of the lucid's version20:08
fabrice_speven it the result is the same :-)20:08
dupondjeah didn't know :(20:08
fabrice_spthe versioning is different20:09
fabrice_sp!sru | dupondje20:10
ubottudupondje: Stable Release Update information is at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates20:10
fabrice_spyou have a link there to the versioning scheme and what to do20:11
dupondjewill check, thx20:11
fabrice_spthanks to you to help making ubuntu better ;-)20:12
dupondjealways :)20:13
ari-tczewQuintasan: ping20:15
ari-tczewdebfx: are you going to merge virtualbox-ose?20:31
carstenhfabrice_sp: this patch is minimal20:35
fabrice_spcarstenh, I'm not saying it's not: the version has to be different20:36
carstenhfabrice_sp: and i should remember that i should first read the complete discussion before i answer :)20:36
ari-tczewtumbleweed, lool, : new libsmbios version pushed to bzr. bug 59101721:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 591017 in libsmbios (Ubuntu) "Upgrade libsmbios to 2.2.19" [Wishlist,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59101721:06
simardupondje: hi, could help me out with these FTBFS.21:09
simar<simar> any idea about this error init.cc:303: error: 'mkdir' was not declared in this scope21:09
dupondjesys/stat.h included21:10
=== chrisccoulson__ is now known as chrisccoulson
doctormoOK odd22:04
doctormoNo one in this room22:04
simardupondje: This is a rebuild error. I think i must be..22:05
BlackZdoctormo: ask the question22:07
simarBlackZ: can you help me plz22:08
doctormoBlackZ: Oh well, my irc client shows no one in the room.22:08
ajmitchwe don't really exist in your reality? :)22:08
BlackZsimar: if I don't know what's your problem I doubt I can22:08
shadeslayerajmitch: or maybe different dimensions,connected through the IRC :P22:09
doctormoOK, so if you wanted to get a package into debian, your first job is to dput to REVU right?22:09
shadeslayerdoctormo: no22:09
shadeslayerdoctormo: if you want it in Debian it goes to mentors.debian22:09
fabrice_spsimar, don't assume it is: check the source22:09
shadeslayerdoctormo: also,if you want it in Ubuntu,then it goes to revu22:10
fabrice_spas we have a higher version of gcc in Maverick than in Lucid, some packages FTBFS because of missing headers22:10
fabrice_spsimar, ^22:10
simarBlackZ: I'm working on some FTBFS .. has really wired experience. Tried many but not successful in any :((22:10
shadeslayerbut its always prefered that it goes to debian first and then ubuntu22:10
shadeslayersimar: want some easy ones?22:10
porthosedoctormo, first you need to submit an ITP bug againts wnpp so you can close it in the changelog22:10
BlackZhey fabrice_sp :p22:10
simarshadeslayer: ya, eager need ..22:11
ajmitchdoctormo: what are you trying to get into debian?22:11
doctormoOK, so this is a complex process, I'm trying to condense it down to a single page. Something simple with commands or social instructions.22:11
simarfabrice_sp: i'm checking, thanks though for help :)22:11
shadeslayersimar: http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~lucas/ubuntu-nbs/64/kcollectd_0.9-2_lubuntu64.buildlog22:11
shadeslayersimar: ftbfs due to docbook issue22:11
simarshadeslayer: whats docbook issue?22:12
shadeslayerall docbooks should now be in 4.2 format,but i _think_ that this one has it in 4.1.222:12
fabrice_spsimar, yw :-) And the one you picked i quite easy, and will show you how to patch , so it's a good example22:12
shadeslayersimar: hmm.. docbook == documentation for the app22:12
ScottKshadeslayer: Fixed kdesudo yet?22:12
shadeslayerScottK: :S22:12
ScottKIs that a yes or a no?22:12
simarshadeslayer: ok22:12
shadeslayerScottK: nope22:12
shadeslayeri was hacking on Qt :P22:12
ScottKDoesn't help with kdesudo ....22:13
shadeslayerhehe :P22:13
shadeslayerScottK: also,i poked #kde-devel about it and they said they dont support kdesudo.. or something of that sort22:13
ScottKshadeslayer: They don't. It's not a part of core KDE.22:14
shadeslayeri think they said that its not a KDE module... dont remember the exact works22:14
ScottKIt's not22:14
shadeslayerScottK: ok,didnt know22:14
shadeslayerScottK: ok what ill do is,ill fix digikam -> kdesudo -> other docbook ftbfs22:15
ScottKdigikam seems fine now though.22:15
ScottKia64 built after apachelogger's pkg-kde-tools fix.22:15
shadeslayeruh..ok,ill just give it a run through pbuilder...22:15
* ScottK didn't check.22:16
ScottKGood idea.22:16
shadeslayerjust in case :D22:16
shadeslayerScottK: need help with setting up krazy tho22:17
shadeslayerScottK: i cant get it to check the docbook22:18
* ScottK has never used it.22:18
shadeslayeromg... its checking22:18
shadeslayeri dont know.. it didnt yesterday22:18
simarshadeslayer: Thanks, I think i will work on it tomorrow :)22:29
fabrice_spsimar, so you give up with the missing stat.h header?22:30
simarshadeslayer: Are there any resources present anywhere about fixing, like eg - the workflows how should we look to the problem step by step  ,,,22:30
shadeslayersimar: uh.. look at build log -> find error -> try to fix error with patch/missing dep/magic -> post debdiff here22:31
shadeslayer( in a pastebin ofcourse )22:31
shadeslayersimar: but feel free to ask around if you get stuck22:31
fabrice_spand google :-)22:32
shadeslayerlike right now i am :P22:32
shadeslayeroh google++22:32
shadeslayerand google is failing me :D22:32
simarfabrice_sp: I tried grep -r Update()         function name but the there is no response . I don't know how to find the fnction from the src folder . There are indeed a lot of files there...22:32
shadeslayersimar: its grep -R foo path/to/foo.h22:32
shadeslayeror.. grep -R foo path/to/foo/22:33
gesersimar: any success with the FTBFS I pointed to you?22:33
* shadeslayer thinks that simar has too much of workload :D22:33
simargeser: The same I'm working on..22:33
fabrice_spthe filename should appear in the compilation log22:34
simargeser: probably you could suggest something :(22:34
fabrice_spsimar, ^22:34
gesersimar: where are you stuck?22:34
* shadeslayer is going krazy due to krazy :S22:34
simarfabrice_sp:  i'm looking  at it ..22:34
simargeser: just a sec..22:34
simarg++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -DPACKAGE_SRC_DIR=\""."\" -DPACKAGE_DATA_DIR=\""/usr/share"\"    -g -O2 -g -Wall -O2 -c -o graphics.o graphics.cc22:37
simarg++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -DPACKAGE_SRC_DIR=\""."\" -DPACKAGE_DATA_DIR=\""/usr/share"\"    -g -O2 -g -Wall -O2 -c -o init.o init.cc22:37
simarinit.cc: In function 'void save_hiscore()':22:37
simarinit.cc:303: error: 'mkdir' was not declared in this scope22:37
simarinit.cc: In function 'void load_config()':22:37
simarinit.cc:336: error: 'mkdir' was not declared in this scope22:37
simarinit.cc: In function 'void save_config()':22:37
simarThese are the errors22:37
simarfabrice_sp: I think i got what you said22:37
ubottusimar: For posting multi-line texts into the channel, please use http://paste.ubuntu.com | To post !screenshots use http://tinyurl.com/imagebin | !pastebinit to paste directly from command line | Make sure you give us the URL for your paste - see also the channel topic.22:38
fabrice_spbut yes: the file to patch is init.cc22:38
fabrice_spyou see: it's not so complicated to find it ;-)22:38
gesermore exactly src/init.cc22:39
simarfabrice_sp: geser sure i think i got it. i'm looking it..22:39
gesersimar: and "sudo apt-get install manpages-dev && man 2 mkdir" to see what includes are needed for mkdir()22:40
fabrice_spgeser, how do you know the file is in src?! Some magic?22:41
shadeslayerScottK: do we have something called just in time in kde trunk?22:41
geserfabrice_sp: I looked at the build log :) http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~lucas/ubuntu-nbs/32/open-invaders_0.3-1_lubuntu32.buildlog22:41
fabrice_spok: time to go to bed! :-)22:41
simargeser: Thanks for the excellent trick. I just need these..22:41
ScottKshadeslayer: Not that I know of.22:42
shadeslayerScottK: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/quality/sanitizer/just-in-time.php?view=markup22:42
fabrice_spbye all22:42
shadeslayernow i just have to figure out how to use it22:43
porthoseme waves22:43
simarfabrice_sp: Thanks for you help. :>>22:44
simargeser: In man 2 mkdir . does it refer to second page of mkdir man page?22:45
gesersimar: no, to the 2nd section in the man page categories (see man man)22:48
geser2   System calls (functions provided by the kernel)22:48
simargeser: ok thanks you very much22:49
gesersimar: there is also "man 1 mkdir" for the mkdir command one uses from the shell22:49
simargeser: I added the header files. Now i think I need to rebuild the package by debuild -S and then in debian directory dch -i to update the change log ..22:50
shadeslayerScottK: digikam still fails22:50
ScottKOh.  OK.22:50
shadeslayersame error as build log online22:50
gesersimar: first update the changelog (dch -i) and the build the source package (debuild -S)22:51
shadeslayerbut i know a fix.. just need to get the commands right..22:51
simargeser: ya i did update the change log.22:51
simarI get these errors with debuild -S22:56
simardebian/rules:3: /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk: No such file or directory22:56
simardebian/rules:4: /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk: No such file or directory22:56
simarNext time i will use pastebin22:57
gesersudo apt-get install cdbs22:57
simargeser: I hope it doesn't matter that i'm installingcdbs it in lucid, while building for maveric in pbuilder.22:58
geserno, as you only build the source package22:59
simargeser: debsign: gpg error occurred!  Aborting....23:07
simargeser: because of pub   2048R/FB16B2EF 2010-01-2423:07
simaruid                  Gursimran singh (Tutorial key) <simar.i3r@gmail.com>23:07
simar"Tutorial key" how to remove it. dch -i has created Gursimran singh only??23:08
geseryou can ignore that error for now, package signing is only important when you want to upload the package somewhere (e.g. PPA)23:09
geserfor test building in a pbuilder, it doesn't matter if the source package is signed or not23:09
simark :)23:11
gesersimar: IIRC you can edit the comment of a uid once you created it. either use "(Tutorial key)" also in the changelog or create a uid without that comment (you can revoke the uid with the comment if you don't need it anymore)23:11
gesers/can/can not/23:11
simargeser: I was trying it with gpg -edit-key23:12
shadeslayerbtw how do i check in a rules file if a file exsists or not and copy it when it exsists?23:16
geserman [23:19
geser[ -e src ] && cp src dst23:19
shadeslayergeser: thanks :D23:20
Quintasanari-tczew: pong23:20
carstenhI was not sure about set -e and foo && bar thus i used "if"23:20
* shadeslayer goes back to Qt till digikam builds23:22
carstenhfoo && bar works with set -e so just ignore me23:22
gesershadeslayer: you might need "[ ! -e src ] || cp src dst" so the return value from it is always 0 and make doesn't catch it as error23:23
Quintasanari-tczew: couldn't answer earlier, someone tore my internet cable23:23
shadeslayergeser: uh,ok,ill let it build and see what error it reports,so that i know in the future :P23:24
doctormoShould I be uses cdbs to do patching?23:24
ari-tczewQuintasan: have you got time for sponsoring kadu merge?23:25
Quintasanari-tczew: sure, give me the diffs23:26
carstenhdoctormo: depends on whom you ask. cdbs was more popular before dh was invented.23:26
ari-tczewQuintasan: bug 60246523:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 602465 in kadu (Ubuntu) "Merge kadu (universe) from Debian unstable (main)" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60246523:26
simargeser: !!!! thank you very much !!!23:26
geserdoctormo: it's up to you, but many like dh more than cdbs (http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/dhstats.png)23:26
doctormocarstenh: If I'm using dh, does the rules file need to be updated to include anything? or will anything in debian/patches/*.patch be applied during the build?23:27
simarI made it. My first FIX of FTBFS ..23:27
Quintasansimar: gratz \o/23:27
doctormogeser: I'm writing documentation, so it's bes to document the right thing.23:27
simarQuintasan: thanks . All Credit to geser23:28
shadeslayersimar: go go!23:28
simarshadeslayer: ya, thanks23:28
carstenhdoctormo: depends ... when you use dpkg source format 3.0 (quilt), patches are applied before debian/rules is run23:28
Quintasanari-tczew: only this? did you test build?23:28
simarshadeslayer: now no stopping back !!!23:28
shadeslayersimar: good :D23:28
ari-tczewQuintasan: yea, built fine23:28
Quintasanari-tczew: well, let me try it too23:29
carstenhdoctormo: otherwise you would need to add an option to dh in debian/rules and maintain debian/patches/series23:29
doctormoIf I've created the debian dir using dh_make and then used edit-patch to make some patches, what should I do to make sure patches are applied? or is nothing needed?23:29
simarshadeslayer: Do i need to upload the change now, may be by sponsership?23:30
shadeslayergeser: ^^23:31
shadeslayer!debdiff | simar23:31
ubottusimar: A simple way to patch Debian/Ubuntu packages is to attach a debdiff to a bug report, or send it to the team which handles the package. Learn more about it from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Howtos/Debdiff23:31
carstenhdoctormo: there are many ways (possibly too much) to create debian packages and maintain patches23:32
shadeslayersimar: so create a debdiff and pester MOTU's :P23:32
shadeslayeror file a bug..23:32
simarshadeslayer: yo sir !23:33
simarshadeslayer: :)23:33
doctormocarstenh: pick the best method, the most simple and I will document that one.23:34
carstenhdoctormo: I just installed cdbs and still have no edit-patch command23:34
Quintasanari-tczew: I'm not so sure about Standards 3.9.0 but rest seems fine23:34
doctormoubuntu-dev-tools I believe23:34
carstenhso I have no idea about which tool we are just talking23:34
Quintasanno errors in build so far23:34
Quintasanshadeslayer: ^^23:34
shadeslayerQuintasan: of qt-kde?23:35
ari-tczewQuintasan: Standards-Version was changed in Debian, not by me, so don't care about it.23:35
Quintasanari-tczew: debian has that? hmm23:35
ari-tczewQuintasan: do you see this change in my debdiff?23:36
carstenhdoctormo: ok, found that manpage less thing23:36
Quintasanari-tczew: oh, I applied to the wrong source23:36
shadeslayergeser: /bin/sh: [-e: not found << hehe23:36
Quintasanman, those ds1-3 sure are confusing23:36
=== fta_ is now known as fta
carstenhdoctormo: do you change an existing package or are you creating a new one?23:37
doctormocarstenh: In this documentation, we're making a new one.23:39
carstenhdoctormo: ok, so you are following a documented example. you only get confused if you do something different from the way it is described because (as already mentioned) there are too many ways to maintain pachtes23:41
carstenhdoctormo: which url do you follow?23:41
Quintasanari-tczew: I get FTBFS with debian's source23:41
ari-tczewQuintasan: yes... but merge fixes FTBFS on maverick (read debian/changelog)23:42
simarshadeslayer: Please guide me further.23:43
simarsimar@simar-laptop:~/open-invaders-0.3$ update-maintainer23:43
simarMaintainer email is set to an @ubuntu.com address - doing nothing.23:43
Quintasanari-tczew: it fails in debian/rules23:43
Quintasanari-tczew: not within depends23:43
shadeslayersimar: whats there to guide? jump from one FTBFS to another... :D23:43
shadeslayerand keep fixing23:43
ari-tczewQuintasan: lol, I don't understand.23:43
ari-tczewI can ask other sponsor and he will ack patch.23:44
ari-tczewbecause debdiff is fine23:44
simarshadeslayer: update-maintainer tool not setting the maintainers in debian/control23:44
Quintasansimar: change it by hand then :P23:45
doctormocarstenh: I'm not following an example, I'm _creating_ documentation. Although I am basing it on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Complete I'm just not being very faithful because it's rather verbose.23:45
simarQuintasan: k23:45
shadeslayersimar: look at other packages and guess what it should be23:46
shadeslayerthen we will tell you if its right or wrong23:46
ari-tczewQuintasan: so what's the decission?23:46
carstenhdoctormo: I'll be back in 5 minutes and have a look at it then23:47
simarshadeslayer: I think the email of maintainer is @ubuntu.com so he's not of debian ..23:47
Quintasanari-tczew: well, I can't get it to build netiher with our version or debian's version23:47
Quintasanmaybe it's cause of my buggy pbuilder it because it is late and I'm doing it wrong23:48
doctormoI'mm put it to one side until someone can explain it in any reasonable none daft way.23:48
simarshadeslayer: example is in the patching guide though.. but think I should not change anything here ..23:48
ari-tczewQuintasan: have you got updated pbuilder?23:48
shadeslayersimar: can you pastebin the control file?23:48
Quintasanari-tczew: of course23:48
shadeslayer!pastebin | simar23:49
ubottusimar: For posting multi-line texts into the channel, please use http://paste.ubuntu.com | To post !screenshots use http://tinyurl.com/imagebin | !pastebinit to paste directly from command line | Make sure you give us the URL for your paste - see also the channel topic.23:49
simarshadeslayer: k23:49
Quintasanari-tczew: I have a hook that updates the pbuilder each time a build starts23:49
simarshadeslayer: http://paste.ubuntu.com/464264/ . Its easy. :)23:50
shadeslayersimar: Maintainer: Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals (RainCT) <rainct@ubuntu.com>23:50
Quintasanari-tczew: besides, why are you debdiffing debian to ubuntu?23:51
shadeslayerthat has to be changed i think23:51
ari-tczewshadeslayer: if maintainer has got @ubuntu.com domain, field won't be changed.23:51
shadeslayergeser: any suggestions ( imo change it to motu maitainers? )23:51
shadeslayerari-tczew: ah.. ok23:51
shadeslayersimar: leave it as such23:51
ari-tczewand update-maintainer won't update23:51
simarshadeslayer: I guessed right.23:52
ari-tczewQuintasan: because this is very easy to look patch23:52
shadeslayersimar: yes23:52
ari-tczewevery sponsor is sponsoring it for me.23:52
shadeslayeranyone know who the bughugger dev is ?23:52
ari-tczewincluding respect words, but please get more expierence with sponsoring23:52
Quintasanari-tczew: well, I'm doing mergeres for kde packages and we do it in a different way23:53
carstenhdoctormo: first of all I don't think that dh_make is good for learning packaging because it creates too much files one only seldom needs and might just confuse people learning packaging23:55
carstenhbut that's debatable23:55
doctormocarstenh: that isn't my concern, my concern is ease of use and what is typically being used. dh_make is it.23:55
ari-tczewQuintasan: ok, if can't process it, please don't unsubscribe sponsors and other person will take a look. thanks23:55
doctormoExtra files are dealable and have been dealt with the in docs as deletable.23:55
shadeslayergeser: get ready to sponsor digikam23:56
shadeslayerwell.. not for another 20 more mins atleast23:57
shadeslayerQuintasan: do we install .mo files?23:57
shadeslayeror are they stripped to translations>23:58
carstenhdoctormo: yes, I know. reading the url takes a lot longer than writing one sentence :)23:58
Quintasanshadeslayer: I think they are stripped, but I'm not sure about digikam23:58
shadeslayerScottK: ^^23:58

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!