=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== kermiac_ is now known as kermiavc
=== kermiavc is now known as kermiac
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== lag is now known as Guest5966
=== Guest5966 is now known as lag_
=== oubiwann-away is now known as oubiwann
=== ogasawara_ is now known as ogasawara
=== lag_ is now known as lag
=== lag is now known as Guest14059
=== Guest14059 is now known as _lag
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== JamieBen1ett is now known as JamieBennett
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann-away
sorenDo we have a DMB meeting? My phone just informed me that we do, but I'm on Pacific time, so I can't really make it :(16:03
cjwatsonI believe so16:03
cjwatsonpersia,geser,nixternal,stgraber: ping16:03
cjwatsonI chaired last time16:07
cjwatsoncan somebody please volunteer for chair?  four is quorm16:08
* persia will chair16:08
MootBotMeeting started at 10:09. The chair is persia.16:09
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:09
statikhello everyone16:09
persiaAgenda is at:16:09
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda16:09
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda16:09
persia[TOPIC] Action Items16:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Action Items16:10
stgraberI'm currently on 3G in a bus, so my internet is all but reliable (and I have a latency of 1000ms). So it might take a while before I answer, sorry ...16:10
persia[ACTION] Cody to write an e-mail to the list concerning the layout/format of the DMB meeting - membership first16:10
MootBotACTION received:  Cody to write an e-mail to the list concerning the layout/format of the DMB meeting - membership first16:10
* persia tries to puzzle out wiki history harder16:11
geserthe applications/agenda items are ordered by the time of their addition16:12
persiaOh, excellent!16:12
geseror more exactly numbered16:13
persia[TOPIC] NetworkManager Package Set upload application for Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre16:13
MootBotNew Topic:  NetworkManager Package Set upload application for Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre16:13
cjwatsoncyphermox said to me in person that he might not be able to make it; but I think this was due to miscommunication of meeting time so this may no longer be true16:13
cyphermoxI am there16:13
cjwatsonpersia: we need to decide on the package set itself first16:13
cyphermox(sorry about the confusion on this)16:13
persiaAh, right.16:13
persia[TOPIC] Network Manager package set16:14
MootBotNew Topic:  Network Manager package set16:14
geserdidn't we defer it due to missing feedback from asac?16:14
cjwatson... I could go and beat asac until he shows up here16:14
asaci am fully supportive for cyphermox application for nm and friends upload rights16:15
asache has been doing an awesome job for quite some time16:15
persiaasac: We're still trying to sort the packageset:16:16
asacand is more than familiar with the problems involved there16:16
persiaSee https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2010-June/000072.html16:16
asacthose packages look good16:16
asacmaybe even wpasupplicant ... though thats well maintianed in debian16:16
asacdo you need more info?16:17
persiaDoes anyone have questions about the packageset before we vote?16:18
persiacyphermox: Do you have an explicit opinion about addition/non-addition of wpasupplicant?16:18
* geser has none16:18
cyphermoxpersia; I'm fine with showing up again at a later time for wpasupplicant given I have never touched it before. I agree it should eventually be part of the set16:18
stgraberno question16:19
persiaI'm tempted to add wpasupplicant to the set if asac and cyphermox think it belongs, unless anyone has an opinion otherwise.16:20
cjwatsonI have no objection16:20
asacthanks ... (... also for poking me persia ;))16:20
stgraberIs wpa_supplicant used by something else than NM ? if not, I'm fine with it being part of the NM set16:21
persia[VOTE] A Network Manager package set to be established containing network-manager, network-manager-applet, network-manager-pptp, network-manager-openvpn, network-manager-vpnc, network-manager-openconnect, modemmanager, wpasupplicant, with membership in the associated developer group to be administered by the DMB16:21
MootBotPlease vote on:  A Network Manager package set to be established containing network-manager, network-manager-applet, network-manager-pptp, network-manager-openvpn, network-manager-vpnc, network-manager-openconnect, modemmanager, wpasupplicant, with membership in the associated developer group to be administered by the DMB.16:21
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot16:21
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting16:21
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 116:21
cyphermoxstgraber, afaik, it will eventually be used by connman16:21
cyphermox(if not already)16:22
MootBot+1 received from geser. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 216:22
MootBot+1 received from persia. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 316:22
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 416:24
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 416:24
stgraber(sorry, lost internet for a few minutes)16:24
persiacjwatson: Would you be up for creating that set in LP?16:25
stgrabercyphermox: will you also take care of conman or will that be someone else ?16:25
cjwatsonaction me16:25
cyphermoxstgraber, I will be taking care of it as well16:25
persia[ACTION] cjwatson to create network-manager packageset and associated development group in launchpad.16:25
MootBotACTION received:  cjwatson to create network-manager packageset and associated development group in launchpad.16:25
persia[TOPIC] NetworkManager Package Set upload application for Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre16:26
MootBotNew Topic:  NetworkManager Package Set upload application for Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre16:26
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mtrudel/PPUApplication16:26
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mtrudel/PPUApplication16:26
persiacyphermox: You see to have only asac's live testimonial and no comments in your application: did you have trouble in your comment solicitation process?16:29
cyphermoxpersia, it's more that I've been doing nm-related work mostly only with asac16:29
asacpersia: i added my comments ot a different page a while ago16:31
asacthat was about a per package upload application i think rather than a package set16:31
asacso i guess we just didnt move it over16:31
cyphermoxasac: motu16:31
asacreally? hmm16:32
asacthen i got confused16:32
persiaProbably https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mtrudel/DeveloperApplication (which is a bit old)16:32
persiaasac: If you want to confirm that the comments from that apply to the current application, that's fine (if you don't want to copy/paste for some reason)16:32
gesercyphermox: any ideas on how we could make SRUs easier while keeping regressions low? (from your "like least" section)16:33
cyphermoxgeser, yes. It basically boils down to more testing, and perhaps even doing pre-proposed testing in PPAs and the like16:34
cyphermoxI was fond of suggesting using other systems I have access to, but it's not easily feasible, sadly16:34
asacthe network-manager parts are valid. let me know if you need me to add more content there. but please dont hold back the approval process because of that if possible16:35
gesercyphermox: how do you plan to get the attention of user for the testing or can you do that even without users?16:37
asacadded endorsement16:37
cyphermoxactually, i think we can do some amounts of testing without users as well... I'm working hard atm to get more testing done using checkbox, and I think we should strive to enable unit testing where available16:37
cyphermoxe.g. NetworkManager, for example ;)16:38
persiaAny other questions?16:40
persia[VOTE] Confirm Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre (cyphermox) as a Network Manager developer16:41
MootBotPlease vote on:  Confirm Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre (cyphermox) as a Network Manager developer.16:41
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot16:41
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting16:41
MootBot+1 received from persia. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 116:41
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 216:41
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 316:41
MootBot+1 received from geser. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 416:43
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 416:43
persiacyphermox: Congratulations16:43
persia[TOPIC] Contributing Developer application for David Sugar16:43
MootBotNew Topic:  Contributing Developer application for David Sugar16:43
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DavidSugar/DeveloperApplication16:43
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DavidSugar/DeveloperApplication16:43
persiaI believe this application to be pointless, as dyfet is already (recently) an Ubuntu Member, so we'd not be doing anything by LP group manipulation.16:44
dyfetIf you think that is correct process, I can understand the reasoning16:45
cjwatsonthat seems reasonable; of course dyfet's application for this predates his membership16:46
geserdyfet: it would only give you an additional badge on your LP page as your already an Ubuntu member16:46
cjwatsonyes, the purpose of universe-contributors is "membership by the development path"16:46
cjwatsonit doesn't AIUI confer privileges beyond that16:46
persiadyfet: Do you care whether you have the extra badge on your LP page?16:47
dyfetLong term my goal is MOTU, so it was suggested to go this route first16:47
geserUUC is not required for MOTU but a option to get Ubuntu membership on ones way towards MOTU16:48
stgraberit's because it's usually harder to get membership from a RMB as they tend to mostly grant membership to non-developers (not always true though) and then suggest to go to the DMB for membershipin that case. The result is still the same and won't affect your future MOTU application.16:49
dyfetThen perhaps it makes sense to table this and prepare the MOTU application when appropriate?16:50
persiadyfet: Your choice.  We can do it (easily), or skip it.  Just tell us which, and then we'll move on to the next agenda item.16:52
* persia is sure no vote is required, as it's no permissions gained (nor shall be any in the future, from this choice).16:52
dyfetWell. I do not want to hold up this meeting.  If there is time remaining at the end, lets revisit, so that others have time to do things :)16:52
persiaRight, moving on.16:52
persia[TOPIC] MOTU Application for Lorenzo De Liso16:53
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU Application for Lorenzo De Liso16:53
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LorenzoDeLiso/MOTUApplication16:53
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LorenzoDeLiso/MOTUApplication16:53
cjwatson(I guess people are reading)16:56
persiaBlackZ: You've not indicated there'S anything you like least, which I have trouble believing.  Would you be able to answer the question if phrased as "What do you think is the most important thing to improve in Ubuntu?"16:56
BlackZpersia: I think we should tell the ubuntu contributors to contribute to debian too16:57
BlackZit's very important, as debian is our upstream16:57
BlackZI mean, getting the packages there instead of ubuntu only16:58
tumbleweedBlackZ is making tumbleweed happy :P16:58
BlackZand other things, e.g. forwarding patches when we do merges16:58
persiaBlackZ: Do you have any suggestions on how we could encourage or reward this behaviour?  It's a common goal, but many (especially newer) folks seem to want to avoid "doing the work twice", having yet to experience merges, etc.16:58
BlackZpersia: first we should encourage new ubuntu contributors to read debian procedures for get their work there16:59
BlackZbecause if you're contributing to debian, you're contributing to ubuntu too (see the packages, for example)16:59
BlackZwhat this, I don't want to say we should encourage to contribute *just* to debian16:59
BlackZbut I think new contributors should understand that debian is important for us17:00
lfaraoneBlackZ: +117:01
persiaAny other questions for BlackZ?17:01
geserBlackZ: what did you do/plan to do about the concerns mentioned by tumbleweed?17:01
BlackZgeser: referring to Stefano and Charlie Smotherman's comments' they're right and now I'm forwarding relevant changes/patches to debian, and upstream if needed, for example, please see bug #604976 and #605210. I promise I will triple-check my future debdiffs before uploading them17:02
ubottuLaunchpad bug 604976 in tvtime (Debian) "Please merge tvtime 1.0.2-6 (universe) from debian unstable (main)" [Unknown,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60497617:02
ubottuLaunchpad bug 605210 in ntfs-config (Ubuntu) "Please merge ntfs-config 1.0.1-6 (universe) from debian unstable (main)" [Wishlist,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60521017:02
tumbleweed(although we all make mistakes - re checking)17:02
BlackZand I will do that as MOTU too, obviously17:03
geserpersia: no more questions, you can proceed17:04
cjwatsonpersia had a hard-freeze on his laptop; he's working on it17:04
cjwatsonwe need him for a completed vote anyway, so I guess we have to wait17:04
persia[VOTE] Confirm Lorenzo De Liso (BlackZ) as MOTU17:07
MootBotPlease vote on:  Confirm Lorenzo De Liso (BlackZ) as MOTU.17:07
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:07
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:07
MootBot+1 received from geser. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:08
MootBot+1 received from persia. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:08
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:08
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:08
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 417:08
persiaBlackZ: Congratulations!17:08
BlackZthanks all17:09
persia[TOPIC] MOTU Application for Elliot Murphy17:09
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU Application for Elliot Murphy17:09
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ElliotMurphy/3rdDeveloperApplication17:09
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ElliotMurphy/3rdDeveloperApplication17:09
persiastatik: Welcome back17:10
statikafter seeing the NetworkManager packageset creation, I think I should defer the PPU application portion and come back with a proposal for an Ubuntu One packageset. I would like to be considered for MOTU at this time17:10
statikthanks persia17:11
persiastatik: OK.  We'll only consider the MOTU portion of things today.17:11
geserdoes someone remember the reason why the last MOTU application got declined?17:13
cjwatsonit was just "come back with a bit more breadth", wasn't it?17:14
persiaMY memory is that we didn't confirm due to lack of breadth at that time.17:14
statikit was a split vote, with a suggestion that i return after getting experience17:14
persiastatik: james_w's testimonial suggests you would improve with a bit more experience.  Do you feel that this experience is better gained before becoming MOTU, or whilst MOTU?  If the latter, how would you expect to handle cases where you're uncertain?17:15
* cjwatson idly wonders who couldn't improve with experience ...17:15
* persia suspects nobody17:15
statikpersia: that testimonial is from my prior application, so i've learned a fair amount since then. I am very comfortable stopping and asking for help when i encounter something new or am uncertain about the implications of an upload17:16
statikthe best way to improve judgement is to gain experience in a safe environment, and I feel comfortable asking for MOTU rights now even though for some parts of universe I would seek review/advice from other developers before breaking things17:18
persiaAnyone else have more questions?17:20
persia[VOTE] Confirm Elliot Murphy (statik) as MOTU17:22
MootBotPlease vote on:  Confirm Elliot Murphy (statik) as MOTU.17:22
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:22
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:22
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:23
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:23
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:23
MootBot+1 received from persia. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:24
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 417:24
persiastatik: Congratulations, and thanks for your persistence and patience.17:24
persia[TOPIC] Sugar Package Set definition17:25
MootBotNew Topic:  Sugar Package Set definition17:25
persia[LINK] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2010-July/000088.html17:25
MootBotLINK received:  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2010-July/000088.html17:25
statikthanks everyone17:26
lfaraoneBasically, the rationale for the package set is explained in that post.17:26
lfaraoneThere is already a team of people interested in packaging Sugar for Ubuntu, ~sugarteam. Right now, I'm the only one in the team who is a MOTU, and at this time we don't have anyone else I'd recommend for adding to the set at this time, but I'm working on mentoring the other team members until we're ready to have more people uploading without sponsorship to SUgar.17:27
cjwatsonthis is simultaneously requesting access to that set for ubuntu-sugar-uploaders, right?17:27
cjwatsonthat team would need to become administered only by the DMB, I believe17:28
cjwatson(full delegation is generally a later step)17:28
persialfaraone: How many of the 57 folks in ~sugarteam would you expect to be interested in uploading directly to this package set?17:28
lfaraonecjwatson: yes, I was going to transfer it to the DMB after a decision on the set's status, I can do it now if you'd prefer.17:28
cjwatsonno, later is fine17:28
cjwatsonI mean post-approval anyway17:28
lfaraonepersia: 10, based on a quick review of the membership.17:29
persiaThat's certainly enough I'd not want to be processing them all as (potentially overlapping) PPU applicants :)17:30
cjwatsonso I understand the package list to be: libmoosex-has-sugar-perl python-sugar-0.88 python-sugar-toolkit-0.88 sugar-artwork-0.88 sugar-calculate-activity sugar-chat-activity-0.86 sugar-connect-activity sugar-emulator-0.88 sugar-flipsticks-activity sugar-jigsawpuzzle-activity sugar-logviewer-activity sugar-memorize-activity sugar-pippy-activity sugar-pollbuilder-activity sugar-presence-service-0.88 sugar-read-activity ...17:32
persiaAnyone have questions about the set of included packages or rationale for a packageset?17:32
cjwatson... sugar-read-activity-0.86 sugar-session-0.88 sugar-sliderpuzzle-activity sugar-terminal-activity sugar-tools-0.88 sugar-turtleart-activity17:32
cjwatsonwhich all seem reasonably leaf17:32
cjwatson(grep-aptavail -nsPackage -P sugar- -o -FMaintainer debian-olpc-devel)17:33
lfaraonecjwatson: not libmoosex-has-sugar-perl, that's just similarly named.17:33
persiaThere's an attachment at https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/attachments/20100718/60cf2194/attachment.txt with a list, which includes a few more17:33
cjwatsonoh right, insufficient regex17:33
cjwatsonand improving the Maintainer yields a few more17:34
cjwatsongrep-aptavail -nsPackage -Pr ^sugar- -o -FMaintainer,Original-Maintainer debian-olpc-devel17:34
lfaraonecjwatson: I'm also including etoys (which is primarily used as a sugar activity, but is also available standalone) and squeak-vm (VM for etoys, and etoys is it's primary user)17:34
cjwatsonwhence matchbox-window-manager?17:34
lfaraonecjwatson: matchbox is included because it was the default window manager for Sugar. As of 0.86 (IIRC) we're using metacity, so this isn't critical.17:35
cjwatsonI'm not too concerned since it doesn't look like anything else is using it; just checking rationale17:36
cjwatsonno more questions17:36
cjwatson(and running out of time, I have a feeling they're going to throw us out of here soon)17:36
persiageser: stgraber ?17:36
geserno questions17:36
stgraberlooks good, no question17:36
persia[VOTE] A Sugar packageset to be defined containing the packages listed at https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/attachments/20100718/60cf2194/attachment.txt17:37
MootBotPlease vote on:  A Sugar packageset to be defined containing the packages listed at https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/attachments/20100718/60cf2194/attachment.txt.17:37
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:37
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:37
MootBot+1 received from persia. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:37
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:37
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:38
MootBot+1 received from geser. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:38
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 517:38
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 517:38
stgraberhey nixternal17:38
persia[ACTION] lfarone to transfer ownership of ~ubuntu-sugar-uploaders to the DMB17:38
MootBotACTION received:  lfarone to transfer ownership of ~ubuntu-sugar-uploaders to the DMB17:38
lfaraoneCool. I think python-sugar-0.88 python-sugar-toolkit-0.88  were omitted from that list, but I take it that the approval covers everything maintained by debian-olpc, in that list, or matching sugar-*?17:39
cjwatsonthat's what I intended, per your mail17:39
cjwatsonanyway, approval is by source package17:40
cjwatsonand those are Source: sugar-base-0.88 and sugar-toolkit-0.88 respectively17:41
cjwatsonso they're covered17:41
lfaraoneGreat. Ownership transfered.17:41
cjwatsonpersia's laptop has fallen over again17:41
cjwatsonI suggest that we defer ubuntu-server-dev 'til next week, since this meeting is running very late and that application was only very recent anyway,iirc17:41
geseryes, I added it today17:43
cjwatsonone more thing, nigelb asked that the chair remember to CC news-team (as well as all the others) on new-developer announcements in future; apparently the news-team folks are reluctant to follow other lists17:43
stgraberagreed. My bus is also about to arrive to its destination so I'm not going to be around for much longer.17:43
gesercjwatson: do we need to vote/discuss anything about the ubuntu-server-dev team? the mails reads to me that only the team ownership needs to be taken over by the DMB right now17:43
cjwatsonI think the mail was really requesting that it be given access to the ubuntu-server package set17:44
cjwatsonfirst para17:44
nigelbcjwatson: its not a question of reluctance.  Mostly manpower issues.  We have a rotating staff based on who has time.17:44
cjwatsonnigelb: reluctance can arise from various other reasons. :-)17:44
persia[ACTION]  cjwatson to create sugar packageset and associated development group in launchpad.17:45
MootBotACTION received:   cjwatson to create sugar packageset and associated development group in launchpad.17:45
cjwatsonnigelb: surprised you don't already follow ubuntu-devel-announce, mind17:45
cjwatson(you plural)17:45
akgranercjwatson, I follow that list17:45
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:45.17:45
persiaSorry :)17:45
cjwatsonall new developer announcements go to ubuntu-devel-announce, I believe17:45
cjwatsonas well as others17:45
stgraberjust wondering, can team administrators add new members on LP ? IIRC they can but can't add other administrators17:45
persiastgraber: I think that's right: I think only owners can add admins17:46
stgraberok, so should we change lfaraone to only be a member of sugar contributors ? as it'll be the DMB approving new members for now ?17:46
akgranercjwatson, I'll go back through and look  - but I know we are missing reporting on some new members and I am keen to make sure if at all possible we have a back up to ensure we don't overlook highlighting those folks that's all :-)17:46
nigelbcjwatson: you want to take the discussion to the list?17:46
cjwatsonnigelb: I don't really care that much17:48
cjwatsonjust offering token resistance to CCing yet another list :-17:48
cjwatsonstgraber: yes17:48
cjwatsonright, got to go17:49
nigelbah. suggested course of action in that case?17:49
* persia suspects "got to go" was a hard deadline in this case.17:51
stgraberupdated lfaraone membership in sugar uploaders17:52
persiaProbably best to make a request to the developer-membership-board@l.u.c ML, detaiing formats, frequency, etc.  We'll argue about it and end up with some considered response and recommendation.17:52
stgraberok, got to go too17:54
=== Claudinux_ is now known as Claudinux
lfaraone /part18:18
YoBoYhi legreffier :)20:17
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-nom
huatshi legreffier20:37
czajkowskiand so the invasion begins20:37
YoBoYit's not an invasion yet20:39
mhall119oh no, are the French on an empire kick again?20:40
czajkowskimhall119: they're up for reapproval20:41
czajkowskiand I've warned them no bringing 5K people in here20:41
* legreffier summons piqure and ubotu-fr 20:41
czajkowskiwe'll never get any work done20:41
YoBoYi haven't called the entire french community, only some active members20:42
YoBoYthey helped me to write the approval page20:43
YoBoYhi popey20:53
czajkowskialoha folks20:53
glogiotatidishello everyone20:53
YoBoYhi glogiotatidis20:54
pitihi there20:54
YoBoYhi piti20:54
alkisgHi people20:54
huatshello everyone20:57
h3adl3sshi all20:57
Seveashad to run for 15 minutes to catch the train I am in now so I could sit down and brung up the 3G connection :)20:58
itnet7Hey there!20:58
popeySeveas: dedication20:59
Seveaspopey, no, dinner20:59
SWATSeveas: free exercise, stop complaining20:59
Seveaswork dinner, political issue :()20:59
MootBotMeeting started at 15:00. The chair is czajkowski.21:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]21:00
czajkowskiAloha folks21:00
Seveashi czajkowski21:00
popeyhey hey21:00
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Agenda21:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Agenda21:00
popeywhat a packed schedule!21:00
czajkowskiTonights agenda  will be in  running order of what is on the agenda linked above21:00
popeywe need to keep it nice and tight tonight!21:00
huatsso let's start !21:01
czajkowskiitnet7: huats popey leogg all ready21:01
czajkowski[topic] Romanian Re Approval21:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Romanian Re Approval21:01
YoBoYmiss paultag21:01
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RomanianTeam/ApprovalApplication21:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RomanianTeam/ApprovalApplication21:01
czajkowskianyone here for the Romanian LoCo ?21:02
popeyanyone here from Romania!?21:02
marianvasileyes, we are21:02
marianvasileunfortunatelly, our leader, AdiRoiban, seems to be catch elswere21:02
czajkowskimarianvasile: anyone else where with you ?21:03
paultag|remotesorry im latte21:03
marianvasileI saw DoruHush to be present as well21:04
czajkowskimarianvasile: are you able to answer question on the re approval ?21:04
huatsI have to say that adi wasn't sure he could attend onight, and they agreed to be here tonight21:04
czajkowski[action] LoCo council to take Romanian Application to email21:04
MootBotACTION received:  LoCo council to take Romanian Application to email21:04
czajkowski[topic] LithuanianTeam Re approval21:05
MootBotNew Topic:  LithuanianTeam Re approval21:05
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LithuanianTeam/ReApprovalApplication21:05
sirex`Lithuanina team leader is here.21:05
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LithuanianTeam/ReApprovalApplication21:05
czajkowskisirex`: hey there! welcome21:05
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LithuanianTeam21:06
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LithuanianTeam21:06
czajkowskisirex`: so care to tell us about your team21:06
sirex`Well in these two years we where active.21:06
sirex`Some key details I wrote to re-approval application.21:07
czajkowskiI notice you've not had any meetings in 2010, why is this?21:07
czajkowskiyou had up till now21:08
sirex`Lithuaniant LoCo is growing and we plant to grow more in future.21:08
czajkowskisirex`: and how do you plan on doing that ?21:08
czajkowskisirex`: are there more here tonight from your team ?21:09
sirex`czajkowski: we have some IRC meetings, but after our previous team leader left us, our loco changed his behaviour.21:09
czajkowskiah ok, what happened?21:09
huatswhat are the differences in the behaviour?21:10
sirex`We had IRC meetings each month, but it was changed by just activity in forums.21:10
huatssirex`,  so now you have meetings in forums ?21:11
huatsdo you have url of that ?21:11
sirex`Also we joint AKL (association Open Source for Lithuania).21:11
czajkowskisirex`: do you organise release parties?21:11
sirex`huats: now meetings ar irregual, befor ubuntu releases or other events that we organizing.21:12
leoggsirex`: do you have any minutes of the meetings?21:12
sirex`leogg: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LithuanianTeam/Susitikimai/Sekantis21:13
huatssirex`, I mean your are saying that your IRC meetings are replaced by forum activity, do you track this activity in a dedicated part of the forum ?21:13
sirex`czajkowski: yes, we do.21:13
leoggsirex`: thank you!21:14
sirex`huats: now, thes activities ar untracked and irregular.21:14
sirex`czajkowski: photos from release parties: http://www.facebook.com/ubuntu.lt?v=photos21:14
czajkowski[vote] please vote on the re approval of the Lithuania LoCo.  Only Council members vote please.21:14
MootBotPlease vote on:  please vote on the re approval of the Lithuania LoCo.  Only Council members vote please..21:15
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot21:15
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting21:15
paultag|remotesirex` how does your team take advantage of official loco resource?21:15
MootBot-1 received from czajkowski. 0 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -121:16
sirex`paultag|remote: it helped to get official approved one of lithuanian ubuntu mirrors.21:16
czajkowskiitnet7: huats popey paultag|remote leogg21:16
MootBotPrivate -1 vote received. 0 for, 2 against, 0 have abstained. Count is now -221:16
popey-1 from me, because I'd like to see more activity21:16
MootBot-1 received from popey. 0 for, 3 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now -321:16
leoggI think your team has made a great job so far, but we need to see more recent activity21:17
MootBotPrivate abstention received. 0 for, 3 against. 1 abstained. Count is now -321:17
MootBot-1 received from leogg. 0 for, 4 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -421:17
MootBotPrivate -1 vote received. 0 for, 5 against, 1 have abstained. Count is now -521:17
huats-1 I'd like to see something more structured too21:17
MootBotFinal result is 0 for, 5 against. 1 abstained. Total: -521:18
czajkowskisirex`: I'm sorry at present we don't feel there is enough activity, perhaps after this meeting we can talk about how we cna help you21:19
czajkowski[action] LocO council to follow up with sirex` and help with some pointers.21:19
MootBotACTION received:  LocO council to follow up with sirex` and help with some pointers.21:19
czajkowski[topic] Massachusetts Team Re approval21:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Massachusetts Team Re approval21:19
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/ReApproval201021:19
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/ReApproval201021:19
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam21:20
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam21:20
paultag|remoteno doctormo?21:20
czajkowskihmm no team contact listed21:20
paultag|remotecz- its doc-mo21:20
czajkowskino lp info, mailing list, etc lised21:20
czajkowskipaultag|remote: aye I know but still the applicaton is a bit bare21:20
huatsI agree, the application don't looks good at all for me21:21
czajkowskianyone else here from the  Ma LoCo ?21:21
leoggno relevant links on the application?21:21
czajkowski3 links on the Ma appliction21:21
paultag|remoteim in the loco21:21
paultag|remotei dont think info was passed on21:21
czajkowskiwell that's not a great sign now21:22
paultag|remotecan we delay one meeting?21:22
czajkowskipaultag|remote: itnet7 leogg huats popey shall we take this to the mailing list aslo ?21:22
huats+1 to me21:22
popeyI'm sure they do great work21:22
popeyits just documenting it :)21:22
czajkowski[action] Massachusetts Team to be done via email21:22
MootBotACTION received:  Massachusetts Team to be done via email21:22
huatsbut I really think that we need to stress that is not  a really good behviour21:23
czajkowski[topic] Italy Loco re Approval21:23
MootBotNew Topic:  Italy Loco re Approval21:23
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ItalianTeam/ReApprovalApplication21:23
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ItalianTeam/ReApprovalApplication21:23
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ItalianTeam21:23
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ItalianTeam21:23
czajkowskiok please tell me there is a team contact for this loco present21:24
Gwaihirit's me21:24
huatsgreat Gwaihir21:24
Gwaihiractually, I'm not really the team contact21:24
paultag|remotebetter then MA already :)21:24
czajkowskiit is saying mathew east, hence my confusion21:24
itnet7Hey there Milo!21:25
Gwaihiryes, mdke is, but he is kind of away since a while...21:25
Gwaihirwe heard him last week, but then disappeared...21:25
czajkowskiGwaihir: was thrown with your nick :)21:25
czajkowskiok moving on so21:25
Gwaihirhe's very busy with work21:25
czajkowskiGwaihir: care to tell us about your loco please21:25
czajkowskiThank you21:26
Gwaihirstructure is similar to the international one21:26
Gwaihirwe have an Italian Loco Council21:26
Gwaihirthat used to be made of members of all the various team21:26
Gwaihir(translation, developers, docs, forum and IRC)21:26
czajkowskinice application for a starters :)21:26
Gwaihirwe are kind of active in Italy, even if not that much due to the distance between all the active members21:27
Gwaihirwe are scattered all other Italy, and that's not easy even to meet us in person twice a year21:27
czajkowskiGwaihir: how do you share roles out within your team ?21:28
Gwaihirthe team is growing, we have new members coming in and joining the various working team21:28
Gwaihirczajkowski, what to you mean with that?21:28
huatsGwaihir, do you have an idea of the current growth ?21:28
czajkowskiGwaihir: how do you share out tasks, things that need to be done with people ?21:28
Gwaihirhuats, no real data: we have almost two ubuntu-it members every month for example21:29
Gwaihir(ubuntu-it membership is like the ubuntu membership, only for italian people)21:29
czajkowskiGwaihir: can you tell us about that21:29
czajkowskiwhat makes you qualify for it ?21:29
Gwaihiryeah, but people sometime disappear... :(21:29
Gwaihirczajkowski, you need to have done substantial "work" within the Italian community21:30
Gwaihirbe it: IRC support, forum support, translations, packagin... whatever21:30
Gwaihirwe ask people to track their work on a wiki page we can read21:30
popeyI'm impressed with the ISO testing work the IT team has done21:30
Gwaihirand ask to find some people that can vouch form them when they apply21:31
popeyhttp://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoTest is impressive stuff21:31
MootBotLINK received:  http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoTest is impressive stuff21:31
czajkowski[vote] please vote on the re approval of the Italian LoCo. Only council members vote please21:31
MootBotPlease vote on:  please vote on the re approval of the Italian LoCo. Only council members vote please.21:31
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot21:31
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting21:31
MootBot+1 received from czajkowski. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 121:31
MootBot+1 received from popey. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 221:31
itnet7And everyone I have met on their team have great attitudes toward collaboration,etc.21:31
MootBot+1 received from itnet7. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 321:32
MootBot+1 received from huats. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 421:32
czajkowskieasy great application and excellent activity21:32
MootBot+1 received from leogg. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 521:32
popeyYou're doing great work and documenting it well and keeping people motivated21:32
popeygreat stuff!21:32
huatsgood work my friend Gwaihir21:32
Gwaihirthanks all! :-)21:32
czajkowskipaultag|remote: VOTE21:32
MootBot+1 received from paultag|remote. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 621:32
MootBotFinal result is 6 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 621:32
popeygreat work, keep it up!21:33
leoggreally nice work Gwaihir !21:33
czajkowskiWhoo congrats21:33
Gwaihirthank you!21:33
paultag|remotegrats gw!21:33
itnet7Congrats to your entire team!!! Give Paulo *hugs* :-)21:33
czajkowski[topic] French Team Re Approval21:33
MootBotNew Topic:  French Team Re Approval21:33
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FrenchTeam/ApprovalApplication21:33
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FrenchTeam/ApprovalApplication21:33
* popey mutes huats 21:33
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FrenchTeam21:33
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FrenchTeam21:33
YoBoYFrench team is here :D21:33
czajkowskiAyone here for the french team...21:33
huatsMe too I am here21:33
leoggnice application!21:34
kinouchouyes, czajkowski we are here21:34
czajkowskiWOW nice appliction21:34
paultag|remoteheck yeah leo :)21:34
czajkowskikinouchou: hey!!!21:34
itnet7Very nice application YoBoY !21:34
czajkowskidoc is bloody active in -community-team21:34
YoBoYitnet7: thanks i try to put a lot of images :p21:34
doctormodid I miss something?21:35
huatsYoBoY, you go on the french presentation ?21:35
czajkowskiYoBoY: so care to tell us about your team21:35
czajkowskiand how you are so organised21:35
* tshirtman here too21:35
YoBoYThe French LocoTeam is a big team with lot of different activities.21:35
YoBoYWe have a website, a french (like in french speaking) documentation, a forum, and a planet. Theses sites are all maintened b the french community with members all around the world.21:35
YoBoYWe have also a lot of irl activities, you know our parties are great with 5k people when Mark came to see us. We also make French Live CDs, with 9000 CDs produced for the 10.04LTS version and shipped all around the world.21:35
YoBoYWe help the Frenchs Ubuntu user groups in France with goodies and promotion. We go every where when we are invited. The last event was a musical event last week for example.21:35
YoBoY... and much more :p21:35
paultag|remotedoctormo: day late, dollar short21:35
YoBoYthe organisation is made with the help of mailing lists, and irc channels21:36
kinouchouhello all21:36
tshirtman(procuded CDS are almost already all sold/distributed)21:37
* zed is here too (with a bit of lag)21:37
* poupoul2 too ;)21:37
YoBoYi have listed all the lists and channels on the approval page, you can also see the activity21:37
* kanor is here21:37
* SpiNeAkeR too21:37
YoBoY(my team need coffe ^^")21:38
popeyI am honestly blown away21:38
leoggYoBoY: this is really impressive!21:38
czajkowskiYoBoY: so your team has done very well, how do you think you'll be able to keep this up for the future21:38
czajkowskiDo you encounter obsticles?21:38
YoBoYwell... yes, we have difficulties some times21:38
czajkowskioh do share21:38
paultag|remotebesides finding venues ;)21:39
YoBoYbut we always come to a solution21:39
leoggYoBoY: how do you get funds for your activities?21:39
YoBoYfor example the last one was our host ubuntu-eu ...21:40
YoBoYwe had to migrate all the forum to personnal servers21:40
YoBoYand we have some bugs yet with this migration ^^"21:40
YoBoYleogg: with the sell of goodies and donations21:40
YoBoYyes finding bug venues is difficult :p21:41
czajkowskiok I think we;re ready to vote21:41
leoggYoBoY: nice!21:41
czajkowski[vote] please vote on the re approval of the French LoCo. Only Council members vote.21:41
MootBotPlease vote on:  please vote on the re approval of the French LoCo. Only Council members vote..21:41
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot21:41
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting21:41
MootBot+1 received from popey. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 121:41
MootBot+1 received from czajkowski. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 221:41
MootBot+1 received from itnet7. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 321:41
MootBot+1 received from leogg. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 421:41
popeykeep doing fantastic work!21:41
itnet7paultag|remote: ?21:41
YoBoYwe try our best21:41
leoggreally, really impressive!21:41
doctormoYoBoY: Yes, keep making us all jealous ;-)21:42
YoBoYsorry :p21:42
tshirtmanit's hard to manage such a big community ^^21:42
* YoBoY hugs doctormo 21:42
MootBotAbstention received from huats. 4 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 421:42
huatsI can't vote :)21:42
czajkowskiand paultag|remote did +121:43
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 421:43
czajkowskicongrats France21:43
doctormoOdd voting thing21:43
YoBoYthanks :)21:43
czajkowski[action] huats to update the LP with teams Approval/Re approval and non approval date21:43
MootBotACTION received:  huats to update the LP with teams Approval/Re approval and non approval date21:43
czajkowskihuats: I need to give you some work :p21:43
huatsczajkowski, sure :)21:43
huatsI will21:44
popeyyeah, like he hasnt done enough! :)21:44
czajkowski[topic] Greek Team Approval21:44
MootBotNew Topic:  Greek Team Approval21:44
glogiotatidishello everyone21:44
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GreekTeam/ApprovalApplication201021:44
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GreekTeam/ApprovalApplication201021:44
huatsI have no choice since you do that after that vote czajkowski :)21:44
itnet7Hey there glogiotatidis !21:44
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GreekTeam21:44
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GreekTeam21:44
czajkowskihuats: thanks :)21:45
czajkowskiglogiotatidis: hey welcome21:45
czajkowskiglogiotatidis: nice appliction21:45
glogiotatidisthank you ;)21:45
czajkowskiglogiotatidis: care to tel us about your team21:45
glogiotatidisof course21:46
glogiotatidisThis is our second approval, we have been an official team for many years. We have very active foums and mailing lists (counting more than 5500 members in total).21:46
glogiotatidisThis year we achieved a full translation of the ubuntu manual and we are very proud of it. Many team members cooperated to achive that. We also translated the ubuntu brochure.21:46
glogiotatidisAnother important activity of the community is Ubuntistas, our magazine, inspired by Full Circle. It is (almost) bi-monthly -we have 8 issues in the last 2 years- with original content written by the team members.21:46
glogiotatidisWe also participate in the annual FOSSCOMM, a FLOSS conference held by the greek communities with a booth and talks.21:46
glogiotatidisBesides these we hold parties on every release, we maintain a website, a wiki page, we ship cds all around Greece and we have mebers activelly promoting ubuntu and floss in digital and real life.21:47
czajkowskiglogiotatidis: impressive, can you tell me a bit more about your magazine the artwork looks great21:47
huatsczajkowski, +121:47
glogiotatidisthe artwork is created by the team members21:47
glogiotatidisthe whole magazine is organized in our forums21:48
glogiotatidispeople are responsible for the editorial, the artwork, the content21:48
czajkowskiglogiotatidis: you should tell UWN (ubuntu weekly newsletter) about this21:48
glogiotatidisczajkowski, we will, thnx ;)21:48
huatscan you say more about the brochure ? I am sure it would be great to translate it21:48
czajkowskiglogiotatidis: are there many more of your team here, I do appreciate not everyone speaks English21:48
* BlackFate here21:49
simosxhi from the greek team :-)21:49
* alkisg raises hand21:49
h3adl3sshere too,hi all21:49
c7phi all21:49
czajkowskiah good stuff welcome21:49
BlackFateand kostkon21:49
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.ubuntu.com/~dpm/ubuntu-10.04-translation-stats.html21:49
BlackFatehe is shy21:49
popeyGreek in the top 20 translations!21:49
huatsglogiotatidis, about the brochure ?21:49
glogiotatidisYes pretty active translation team21:50
popeygreat work21:50
c7pwell the brochure started as a translation of a brochure from spreadubuntu and then we worked more on it21:50
glogiotatidishuats, you can find the brochure here http://spreadubuntu.neomenlo.org/el/material/brochure/%CF%86%CF%85%CE%BB%CE%BB%CE%AC%CE%B4%CE%B9%CE%BF-%CF%80%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%8E%CE%B8%CE%B7%CF%83%CE%B7%CF%82-%CF%84%CE%BF%CF%85-ubuntu21:50
simosxwe did the remaining ubuntu-specific packages last April.21:50
popeygorgeous url ;)21:50
Seveasno, just greek characters21:51
huatsgilir, you should try to have an english version21:51
Seveasthe http rfc is too ascii-centric :)21:51
huatssi that other team can translate it21:51
glogiotatidispopey, erm sorry for that, greek characters in there ;)21:51
alkisgHaving greek characters on the url is good for SEO :)21:51
popey:D no need to apologise :)21:51
czajkowski[vote] please vote on the Greek Team Re Approval. Only council members vote21:51
MootBotPlease vote on:  please vote on the Greek Team Re Approval. Only council members vote.21:51
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot21:51
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting21:51
MootBot+1 received from itnet7. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 121:51
MootBot+1 received from huats. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 221:51
MootBot+1 received from czajkowski. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 321:51
MootBot+1 received from popey. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 421:51
MootBotAbstention received from paultag|remote. 4 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 421:52
MootBot+1 received from leogg. 5 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 521:52
paultag|remotei was afk :)21:52
huatsPlease continue that way, and share your work with other teams in planet/identi.ca/uwn ....21:52
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 521:52
czajkowskiCongrats to the Greek Team !21:52
czajkowskiwell done21:52
huatscongrats !21:52
popeycongratulations, fantastic work Team Greece!21:52
itnet7Very good job glogiotatidis, congrats to you and your team!21:52
glogiotatidisThank you everyone ;)21:52
czajkowskiThank you and please do tell the UWN about your great magazine!!21:52
huatsPlease continue that way, and share your work with other teams in planet/identi.ca/uwn ....21:52
czajkowski[topic] Egypt Team Approval21:53
MootBotNew Topic:  Egypt Team Approval21:53
glogiotatidisczajkowski, ok next uwn gets this ;)21:53
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EgyptTeam/ApprovalApplication21:53
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EgyptTeam/ApprovalApplication21:53
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EgyptTeam21:53
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EgyptTeam21:53
czajkowskinice detailed applicton21:53
czajkowskimakes our job a lot easier :)21:53
thelinuxeru should thank Sensiva for this :)21:54
czajkowskiSensiva: very nice21:54
SensivaI was practicing wiki markup, that's all21:54
Sensivaty thelinuxer czajkowski21:54
czajkowskiok so can you tell us about your team, and how you are organised21:54
czajkowskiDo you do monthly reports?21:54
thelinuxerour team started 3 years ago with no much activity21:55
thelinuxerin the last few month we revived the team and started by organizing meeting in coffee shops ..etc21:55
thelinuxerwe then tried to organize events but had problems finding venues21:55
thelinuxerlately we are trying to collaborate with other technology groups to help us find venues and to assist them in their events21:56
thelinuxerthe structure is simple, everyone owns his ideas21:56
thelinuxerand he has to follow up on people to make sure that the work is done21:56
thelinuxeralso we created the website and we will have different roles like moderator, translators ..etc21:57
thelinuxerdoes this answer ur question ?21:57
huatsI am quite surprised : you mention a youtube channel : when I look at it the various videos has been put last week... The blog you mention contains no post...21:57
huatscan you explain this ?21:57
thelinuxeryes i can21:57
thelinuxerit's still under development, small bugs here and there21:58
thelinuxeralso i am waiting for the approval to user the ubuntu-eg.org domain21:58
thelinuxerthe current url is only temp21:58
czajkowskican you tell us if you've had any problems in the past and how you've overcome them ?21:59
thelinuxeryes we had a couple of problems21:59
Sensivavideo upload was delayed because I didn't have a good upstream to upload until last week21:59
czajkowskithelinuxer: such as ?21:59
thelinuxerwe had HardDisk who tried to take credit for the whole team work, he wanted to become an ubuntu member without doing anything21:59
thelinuxerhe was banned from the team for that21:59
thelinuxercause we don't tolerate such actions22:00
paultag|cellah yes i recall that22:00
czajkowskihow long for ?22:00
Sensivahe choosed to leave, and he handed over various accounts after leaving the team22:00
thelinuxerczajkowski: sorry didn't understand the question22:01
Sensivawordpress, and ubuntueg at youtube22:01
czajkowskiis he baned for good, or for a short time?22:01
Sensivait was supposed to be for short time, but HardDisk choosed to leave the team22:01
thelinuxerwell as Sensiva said we gave him a chance to answer people's questions on the mailing list and defend himself22:01
leoggthelinuxer: In your application you have a lot of nice ideas, but I'd like to see more action22:01
thelinuxerleogg: some of the stuff mentioned in the roadmap is already being done22:02
czajkowski[vote] please vote on the Approval of the Egypt LoCo.  Only Council members vote22:02
MootBotPlease vote on:  please vote on the Approval of the Egypt LoCo.  Only Council members vote.22:02
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot22:02
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting22:02
MootBot+1 received from paultag|cell. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 122:02
thelinuxerlike P4Y and Ain shams events22:02
MootBotAbstention received from czajkowski. 1 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 122:02
czajkowskileogg: itnet7 huats popey22:02
huats+0 for me I'd like to see you back here in a few times22:03
MootBotAbstention received from huats. 1 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 122:03
leogg+0 from me, I'd would like to see more22:03
MootBotAbstention received from leogg. 1 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 122:03
huatsto see your progress22:03
MootBotAbstention received from popey. 1 for, 0 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 122:03
MootBotAbstention received from itnet7. 1 for, 0 against. 5 have abstained. Count is now 122:03
popeyI agree, I'd like to see some months of activity then get you back to talk about it22:03
huatsI am sure you are doing good,but I'd like to see that !22:03
MootBotFinal result is 1 for, 0 against. 5 abstained. Total: 122:03
thelinuxerok gr8 no problem :)22:03
czajkowski[action] council to follow up with the Egypt Team and give them some help22:03
MootBotACTION received:  council to follow up with the Egypt Team and give them some help22:03
thelinuxerwe are here to get guidance22:03
SensivaWould you please define "How much more" ?22:03
czajkowskithelinuxer: Sensiva this is not a reflection on you, we'd just like to see some more work22:04
itnet7I do think that all of you have done a wonderful job despite your setbacks22:04
czajkowskiwe'll help you and give you some pointers via email ok22:04
Sensivaczajkowski we totally understand , it was expected :D22:04
paultag|cellsome help would  be good  but good job so far22:04
czajkowskiSensiva: thanks22:04
leoggI agree, you're all doing a great work22:04
thelinuxerok gr8, thanx everyone :)22:04
czajkowski[topic] Dutch Team Re Approval22:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Dutch Team Re Approval22:05
huatslet's say that wit that vote we are sure to try to help you doing great stuffs22:05
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DutchTeamApprovalApplication22:05
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DutchTeamApprovalApplication22:05
huatshi Seveas22:05
SWAThi there22:05
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DutchTeam22:05
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DutchTeam22:05
SeveasComing live from a concrete block outside a police station22:05
SeveasGood evening! Myself (Dennis Kaarsemaker) and SWAT (Sebastian Schauenburg) are here representing the dutch locoteam. We are one of the oldest LoCoTeams in the book and have been active since 2004. We have organized release parties for every release since 5.04 and presentations since about the same time. At the moment the LoCo revolves mostly around our forum, but we are planning more international22:05
Seveas activity. We have our website (www.ubuntu-nl.org), wiki (wiki.ubuntu-nl.org), irc channel (#ubuntu-nl) and mailinglist (ubuntu-nl at lists.ubuntu.com) where we support users and we also have a map of local supportpoints (kaart.ubuntu-nl.org) for even more direct support. Highlights of our team are the 8.04 and 10.04 releaseparties that attracted hundreds of people and were packed with user suppor22:05
Seveast, presentations and good conversations and that we secured sponsorship from a large ISP and a large hotels website for hosting and hardware. We are currently working on a roadmap to improve ourselves, while decreasing overhead time-investments and increasing motivation. We also have monthly (open and logged) IRC meetings where anybody can put items on the agenda: http://wiki.ubuntu-nl.org/communi22:05
czajkowskiwow thanks Seveas :)22:06
czajkowskihow goes the frysian team - Ubuntu-fy ?22:06
Seveasit's busy starting, Dooitze is creating pages on ubuntu-fy.org and the forum is seeing some activity22:07
SWATslow but steady22:07
Seveaswe're supporting them by hosting their environment22:07
czajkowskiPresentations and talks - Between 2004 and 2010, community members of Ubuntu NL have given talks about ubuntu on quite a few occasions. Audiences range from small to large companies, to local LUGs (HCC groups), schools and even hospital staff. Sadly most of these talks have not been recorded or photographed.22:08
czajkowskiyou mention above but there are no links to any presentations?22:08
SeveasI'm afraid not. I was fairly late with preparing our wikipage and couldn't find any links22:08
popeyapproval page is a bit lean..22:09
huatsHave you any figures on the numbers of people involved in the LoCo ?22:09
Seveasa few dozen22:09
huatsand the evolution of that number ?22:09
huats(over the time I mean)22:09
czajkowskiAs a mostly forum-based community, we do not track membership via launchpad and thus it is unclear how many members we have and who we count as members. As an indication, the forum has 20000+ registered accounts22:10
Seveaswe are going through a bit of a rough period where some people on the forum seem hell-bent on killing the atmosphere, but there always have been active people, growing slowly22:10
czajkowskiDoes that mean your focus is mostly forums and not real life events? or online meetings/reports taking part in the ubuntu community22:10
Seveasrecently the artwork team was created, adding half a dozen people22:10
Seveasthe focus is mostly on forums and releaseparties22:10
Seveasthough Sense is becoming more active internationally and the artwork team is trying to do so too22:11
SWATand events (but mostly these are smaller)22:11
czajkowskiSeveas: do you think your loco is fully aware of the greater Ubuntu communty ?22:11
Seveasczajkowski, no, there is definitely room for improvement there22:11
SWATthere is a huge language barrier, since everything we do (example right here) is in English and a lot of people are not proficient in it22:12
czajkowskiI notice sense isn't here and he's rather vocal and very active as a community member. As is Seveas on boards, do you think others in yoru team would benefit from learning more about the community22:12
czajkowskihow do you propse to do so if you thinkit would be wise ?22:12
czajkowskiSWAT: true, but many people use a translator, and we are as others are very patient with people who don't speak english as their first language22:13
Seveasczajkowski, maybe yes, maybe no. Our activities revolve around local events and dutch support.22:13
czajkowskiSeveas: I just don't see that on your appliction....22:13
SeveasI think sense is doing great work keeping tabs on the international community and I hope the artwork team will follow that example. That's where I see opportunities for integration with the global community.22:14
leoggSeveas: Do you have any links to the events? Besides http://www.releaseparty.eu/22:14
SWATwe notice that documentation in our native tongue is very important, since about everyone can understand them. So we're trying to keep that up. Even had a meeting a few hours ago about the manual project22:14
czajkowskiSWAT: thats good22:14
paultag|remotewhat about the council22:14
Seveasleogg, releaseparty.eu is refreshed for every release, that's why it only has one release on there22:14
paultag|remotei heard the nl council quit on one day all together22:14
popeyhttp://people.ubuntu.com/~dpm/ubuntu-10.04-translation-stats.html dutch is looking good there..22:14
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.ubuntu.com/~dpm/ubuntu-10.04-translation-stats.html dutch is looking good there..22:14
paultag|remotewhat was that about?22:15
jpds(The nl.archive.u.c guys are awesome).22:15
czajkowskijpds: it's all about the archives with you :)22:15
czajkowski22:14 < paultag|remote> i heard the nl council quit on one day all together ??22:16
czajkowskican someone answer that ?22:16
Seveaspaultag|remote, we have in the past had problems with problematic community members, causing much activity to move to closed parts of the forum. This is causing some disconnection between 'the team' and 'the community'. The council was one attempt to solve that, sadly that failed. We have some way to go there, but we have faced similar problems in the past and survived them.22:16
Seveasczajkowski, I was typing the answer :)22:16
czajkowskiSeveas: thanks22:17
paultag|remotewhats the plan going forward?22:17
czajkowskiok any more thoughts from the council or from Seveas SWAT ??22:17
SWATwe are trying to find a better way to handle this and they agreed. I talked to a couple of them during one of our events and we have the same mindset22:17
Seveaspaultag|remote, that's not quite clear yet. This is a fairly recent development.22:17
paultag|remoteOK, ty22:17
czajkowski[vote] Please vote on the re approval of the Dutch LoCo. only Council members vote22:18
MootBotPlease vote on:  Please vote on the re approval of the Dutch LoCo. only Council members vote.22:18
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot22:18
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting22:18
leoggI'd like to see the activities better documented22:18
MootBotAbstention received from popey. 0 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 022:19
czajkowskiI'd like to see more real life events or better documentaion of this happening.22:19
MootBotAbstention received from itnet7. 0 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 022:19
MootBotAbstention received from leogg. 0 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 022:19
huatsI have been a bit disapointed by the lack of details on your application22:19
MootBotAbstention received from paultag|remote. 0 for, 0 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 022:19
MootBotAbstention received from czajkowski. 0 for, 0 against. 5 have abstained. Count is now 022:19
MootBotAbstention received from huats. 0 for, 0 against. 6 have abstained. Count is now 022:19
MootBotFinal result is 0 for, 0 against. 6 abstained. Total: 022:19
paultag|remoteim not happy but you show good work22:19
czajkowskiOk, at this time we've not been able to decide on your re approval22:19
czajkowskiwould it be possible to ask you to come back again next month or when there is more detail on your application22:20
SWATsure, why not.22:20
czajkowskiThank you22:20
czajkowskiI'd appreciate that22:20
czajkowskidoctormo: are you free?22:20
paultag|remotethank you :)22:20
huatsSeveas, SWAT I really think that with a more detailled application everything will be fine22:20
itnet7Same with me22:20
czajkowski[topic] Massachusetts Team Re approval22:21
MootBotNew Topic:  Massachusetts Team Re approval22:21
czajkowski[topic] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/ReApproval201022:21
MootBotNew Topic:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/ReApproval201022:21
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/ReApproval201022:21
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/ReApproval201022:21
paultag|remoteah yes ma22:21
paultag|remotemy homeland :)22:21
Seveasprocess question: do we stay approved until a decision has been made?22:21
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam22:21
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam22:21
doctormoHello, I'm the offical contact for US-MA, leftyfb is currently a co-chair and he's in this meeting. *wave*22:21
paultag|remoteseveas: yes22:22
huatsSeveas, yes22:22
MootBotLINK received:  http://ubuntu-massachusetts.com22:22
czajkowskidoctormo: well your re approval appliction is rather lacking22:22
doctormoczajkowski: I'm not here to ask for reaproval, I'm here to ask not to be.22:22
huatsdoctormo,  ?22:23
czajkowskidoes your team know about this22:23
czajkowskiis this a team decision22:23
huatsI think you are doing it the right way :(22:23
doctormoWe do events, we use the resources we get from Canonical's shipit and it's all good. But the team is complacent, lazy, disorganised and I'm very unhappy with it.22:23
doctormoMy attempt to step down as leader gracefully was met with massive amounts of resistance.22:23
huatsdoctormo, have you tried to change stuffs ?22:23
czajkowskiwell that's not very fair, at least you wanted to step down22:24
huatsI mean besides steeping down22:24
czajkowskidoctormo: can you at least give us some reasons why the team is so disorganised?22:24
huatsdoctormo, does leftyfb is aware ?22:24
huatssince you mention that22:24
doctormothe problem is that there is no one else to fill the spot, the team doesn't have enough members to sustain anything worthwhile. But as the only functioning team in the New England area if we disband then that about wraps it up for Ubuntu.22:25
czajkowskidoctormo: ok, see we don't know how many members there are,22:25
popeyis it quite a small team relatively?22:25
leftyfbIt's a revolving team22:25
doctormoI'd estimate about 12 members, 5 who do things.22:25
huatsdoctormo, these kind of figures should be on the application22:25
leftyfblots of members have come and gone over the years22:25
popeywow, thats pretty small22:25
doctormoThe Ubuntu Hours have been good actually, for team morale etc.22:25
leftyfblots of fulltime working people with not much time on their hands22:26
czajkowskiyup Ubuntu hours are great, there is little pressure on folks22:26
leftyfbmost of the work has been done doctormo, myself and a few others22:26
* paultag|remote is in ohio22:26
popeywould running leaderless be an option?22:26
leftyfbThis Ubuntu hour has been a new spark as of late22:26
doctormoBut with no team meetings for going on 5 months, it's hard not to throw in the towel, we don't have the resources for this marlarky.22:26
czajkowskiI do understand22:26
leftyfbI don't agree on completely giving up though22:26
czajkowskiright but do you need a team leader22:26
huatsleftyfb, that was my question22:27
popeyczajkowski: not really22:27
huatsleftyfb, what is the reaction of the other people involved ?22:27
czajkowskicould there just be a launchpad team contact22:27
doctormoleftyfb: I think we should do the hours, do the events we're going to do anyway. But we can't be a 'team' as just a straggle of people.22:27
popeythey can run with a point of contact, but have the team semi-autonomous22:27
czajkowskiand everyone share roles?22:27
czajkowskipopey: that;s what I was getting at, am a slow typer :)22:27
paultag|remoteim here to help in person until august22:27
paultag|remoteend of august22:28
czajkowskidoctormo: do you think us making the team an unapproved loco will change anything ?22:28
leftyfbhuats: We don't know what others think since we have been lacking in meetings. IRC meetings have not been very successful. We used to have really good meetings in the past in person but we lost the resources to have those.22:28
huatsdoctormo, leftyfb when you said to the team that there was a reapproval approching, did you had any reaction ?22:28
czajkowskiok as a solution there would it help for the loco council to possibly idle in your irc channel, we have done for other teams and help22:29
leftyfbThe only thing I think being unapproved will change is for us to have even less resources to do the few things we are in fact doing22:29
huatsleftyfb, apparently you met for the Ubuntu Hours, have you mention that during these events ?22:29
doctormoleftyfb: I agree, we'll have no shipit, but don't forget we use our own resources for everything else.22:29
paultag|remotei was there huats and it was casually discussed22:29
leftyfbhuats: I have been to one Ubuntu hour at which time I had to be on the phone the entire time for a support/personal issue22:30
huatspaultag|remote, and the general feeling ?22:30
huatsleftyfb, ok22:30
leftyfbczajkowski: what do you mean by idle our IRC channel?22:30
leftyfbI don't think removing resources at this point is going to help anything22:30
czajkowskileftyfb: as in we can join and be there for Q&A and possibly run some sessions on how to get involved22:30
paultag|remotehuats lack of urgancy but mosty optimistic because of a recent event that was huge22:31
leftyfbI don't have an immediate solution as I am partially to blame for lack of time in helping run things22:31
czajkowskiwe've done it for the israel loco22:31
popeyit happens leftyfb22:31
doctormoleftyfb: czajkowski means some folks would stay on in #ubuntu-us-ma to watch and help if needed.22:31
doctormoAlthough paultag has been there for a while now, without much change.22:31
doctormoIf only we didn't have all these bloody universities killing our recruitment.22:32
huatspaultag|remote, ok22:32
leftyfbI think our team is full of a lot of very talented and motivated people, but at the same time, very busy in their everyday lives.22:32
popeyrecruitment drive at unis doctormo ?22:33
leftyfbbtw: I just added a missing event to our wiki page22:33
popeysummer things to do for students on recess?22:33
doctormopopey: Contacts are hard to find and they frown on advertising without invitation.22:33
popeytalks at computer societies?22:34
huatsdoctormo, I am very very surprised that you dont get many people in  uiversities indeed22:34
czajkowski[vote] Please vote on the Re Aproval of the Massachusetts Team LoCo.  only council members vote please22:34
MootBotPlease vote on:  Please vote on the Re Aproval of the Massachusetts Team LoCo.  only council members vote please.22:34
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot22:34
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting22:34
paultag|remote+0 -- im involved with the loco.22:34
MootBotAbstention received from paultag|remote. 0 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 022:34
huatswe are facing this kind of stuff in my city which have a lot of colleges22:34
huatsand people are quite involved there22:34
MootBot-1 received from popey. 0 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -122:35
MootBot-1 received from czajkowski. 0 for, 2 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -222:35
MootBot-1 received from huats. 0 for, 3 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -322:35
MootBot-1 received from itnet7. 0 for, 4 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -422:35
MootBotAbstention received from leogg. 0 for, 4 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now -422:35
popeyI'd like to see the loco council run a recruitment drive and bring in skills from other locos to help -us-ma!22:35
MootBotFinal result is 0 for, 4 against. 2 abstained. Total: -422:35
czajkowskiSorry Ma LoCo you've been unsuccessful in your re approval22:36
doctormoczajkowski: Are you a computer?22:36
paultag|remotebatt died bbl22:36
itnet7doctormo: lol, you kill me22:36
czajkowski[action] Popey I'd like to see the loco council run a recruitment drive and bring in skills from other locos to help -us-ma!22:36
MootBotACTION received:  Popey I'd like to see the loco council run a recruitment drive and bring in skills from other locos to help -us-ma!22:36
czajkowskiok who's turn is it to update wiki with minutes ??22:37
popeydoctormo: we'll see what we can do to help, and keep in touch in your loco channel and -community-team22:37
* popey puts his hands under the desk22:37
doctormoThanks popey, sounds like a plan.22:37
sirex`czajkowski: is there any chances for Lithuanian LoCo to be Re Approved?22:37
czajkowski[action] czajkowski update  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/LoCoTeamReApproval22:37
MootBotACTION received:  czajkowski update  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/LoCoTeamReApproval22:37
czajkowskiitnet7: leogg popey either of ye update the minutes of the meeting ??22:38
czajkowskisirex`: in this meeting ?22:38
popeyczajkowski: wilco22:38
sirex`In this meeting our team was not re approved22:38
czajkowski[action] popey update the wiki page with minutes and mail loco contacts mailing list22:39
MootBotACTION received:  popey update the wiki page with minutes and mail loco contacts mailing list22:39
sirex`I'm asking if such small team in small country has any chances to be approved?22:39
czajkowskisirex`: yes, we're going to mail you afertwards  and help you22:39
huatssirex`, do you mean to get reapproved tonight ? or at the next meting ?22:39
czajkowskiit;s not a never it won't happen22:39
czajkowskijust not now22:39
sirex`huats: at the next meeting..22:39
MootBotMeeting finished at 16:40.22:40
czajkowskithanks folks22:40
huatssirex`, you can clearly get reapproved22:40
huatsa small country is not an issue22:40
huatsyou just need to show us that you are doing good stuffs22:40
huatson regular events22:40
huatsare well organized22:40
huatsand have ideas of what you want to do next22:41
sirex`huats: yes, but small countries can't do same as big ones, like Frence or Italy.. :)22:41
huatssirex`, of course!22:41
huatswe are really aware of that!22:41
huatssirex`, we'll send you an email shortly to let you know more about our decision and our ideas on how to help you22:43
huats(well the idea will come later :)22:43
huatsbut in anyway we are not giving you a -1 and leaving you alone22:43
sirex`huats: ok, understood..22:43
huatsit is more an opportunity to help you22:43
AlanBellYoBoY: how did you get 5k people to a party?22:46
tshirtmanAlanBell: communication, big user base (forum with 100 000+ registered members), lot of animations/courses/workshop, main free software associations of the coutry here22:52
tshirtmanwhen possible, newspapers to speak (a little, but it's still huge on the effect) about it22:53
AlanBellso the forum is more important than mailing list or IRC for you?22:53
tshirtmanby a few magnitudes22:53
AlanBellwe barely use the uk forum, probably because people go to the main english language forums22:54
tshirtmanoh, yeah that explain22:54
AlanBellyou have 180 or so people in the irc channel compared to our 12722:54
tshirtman(most) french don't speak english22:55
AlanBellbut we have to put a lot of effort in to get 100 people to an event22:55
kinouchouWe have a good place for the party22:55
AlanBellI think we have 700 or so on the mailing list22:55
tshirtmanyeah the place for the party is fantastic22:55
tshirtmanoh, good mailing list22:55
tshirtmando you use ubuntuforums to speak about uk events?22:56
AlanBellnot sure about the main forums22:56
AlanBellI think announcements and things get posted in the uk forum22:56
tshirtmanif most users are there, maybe you should at least relay it there22:56
tshirtmanon our forums we have a section dedicated to parties, and teams from all the country can announce their event there22:57
kinouchoupeople know fr each release there are a big event in paris22:57
tshirtmanwe also have a website dedicated to parties, with only anounce of parties in every french speaking place22:58
AlanBellyeah, looks like we didn't post the announcement of the most recent event on the forum even22:59
tshirtmanAlanBell: ah, there is some activity there, i think this is not your problem22:59
tshirtmanaw too bad22:59
AlanBellI kind of wouldn't expect anyone on the forum to not be on the mailing list23:00
AlanBellor see the blog posts and twitter stuff and press coverage we had23:00
AlanBellthere is some activity, but the last post was 6 days ago23:00
tshirtmanyeah, but people fall more easily on a forum than on a ML23:01
tshirtmani discovered a few days ago we where in 6th position for "forum" on google23:01
tshirtmanso we happen to have more than a few people that get there without knowing anything about linux23:02
AlanBellI think a *lot* of UK ubuntu users are in the english language forums and have no clue what a loco is, or that the UK has one23:03
tshirtmani think the forum is very popular because, appart from the support sections wich are great help, but there are section like the "café" where people can speak about anything, it take a little work on moderation (ok, a lot) but people stay here to discuss even when they have no problems23:04
tshirtmani don't think most of our user knows the stuff about loco and such, they knows they have a big forum, most of them knows they have an awesome documentation, those who can go to events, a lot are very happy to buy merch, but few knows about irc and other mediums, or care to use them23:06
tshirtmanthe place we use for the party is "la cité des science" it's a very appreciated place with science expositions for childrens and such, it's a very good place we can easily communicate about, it's great help23:08
AlanBellI don't think in the UK we can do the same kind of thing with the forums because we don't have a different language23:09
AlanBellso as a loco we are going to have difficulty communicating with people who just go to the forums to get help with their desktop23:10
AlanBellunless the forums can add some geocoded advert banners for locos or something23:10
tshirtmanhey, US english is different than UK english, you spell colour instead of color, i know people who would not tolerate such "abominations" ^^23:11
tshirtman(in french community a lot of people flame people when their langage is too poor :])23:12
tshirtmani think other french speaking loco may have the same problem with us23:13
tshirtmanwe have more than a few users from other french speakin countries23:14
AlanBellwe have actually done translations of everything in main to en_GB23:14
AlanBellgood for schools23:14
tshirtmanhey, cool list of translations :)23:17
tshirtmanwill try to learn some :)23:17
tshirtmananyway, i don't currently have a solution about the overlap of language communities23:17
tshirtmanhaving a part of official forums is a good thing (somewhat) but you still lack visibility23:18
kinouchouit's good yours translations guidelines23:19
* tshirtman was using a mix of uk english and us english :(23:25

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!