=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== AndrewMC is now known as SpockVulcan
=== SpockVulcan is now known as AndrewMC
=== AndrewMC is now known as SpockVulcan
=== SpockVulcan is now known as AndrewMC
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== dholbach__ is now known as dholbach
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== ian_brasil__ is now known as ian_brasil
=== bjf[afk] is now known as bjf
=== ian_brasil_ is now known as ian_brasil
marjohi skaet15:56
skaethi marjo  :)15:56
skaethi all,   feels about time to start.   anyone else we're waiting for?16:01
* ScottK votes start on time and let people catch up as needed.16:01
* skaet thinks that sounds good.16:01
MootBotMeeting started at 10:01. The chair is skaet.16:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:01
skaet[TOPIC] 10.1016:02
MootBotNew Topic:  10.1016:02
skaetany updates from dyfet on the open actions?16:02
ScottKskaet: Got patches from NCommander and Riddell, so it's OBE.16:02
ScottK(the KDE one)16:03
skaetScottK,  thanks.   will stop carrying it forward then.16:03
ScottKIn fact KDE 4.5 is now fully built on armel for the first time.16:03
ttxScottK: \o/16:03
skaetwill it be going out with 10.10 beta?16:04
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann-away
=== oubiwann-away is now known as oubiwann
ScottKWe should have images, but Kubuntu on armel isn't a primary target for that architecture.16:05
skaetScottK,  ok.16:05
skaet[TOPIC] QA team report16:06
MootBotNew Topic:  QA team report16:06
marjoHardware testing16:06
marjo     Passed:   41 (85%)    Failed:    1 ( 2%)    Untested:  6 (13%)16:06
marjo Servers:16:06
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~fader/hw-testing/current.html16:06
marjo     Passed:   58 (85%)    Failed:    0 ( 0%)    Untested: 10 (15%)16:06
marjo Netbooks:16:06
marjo     Passed:   12 (75%)    Failed:    0 ( 0%)    Untested:  4 (25%)16:06
marjo Desktops:16:06
marjo     Passed:   11 (79%)    Failed:    0 ( 0%)    Untested:  3 (21%)16:06
marjoBoot Performance16:07
marjoPer robbiew's request, the report now separates UNE and Desktop.16:07
marjoKbuntu will be added next.16:07
marjoBoot Performance Week of 2010-08-23 to 2010-08-2716:07
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~ameetp/BootChart.html16:07
marjoNumber of system regressions on Ubuntu Desktop: 016:07
marjoNumber of system regressions on Ubuntu Netbook Edition: 016:07
marjoScottK:  Kbuntu will be added next.16:07
marjo# Milestoned Features16:08
marjo* qa-maverick-mago-daily - postponed to end of release, due to higher priority tasks16:08
marjoskaet: that's all from QA team16:08
skaetmarjo,  thanks!16:08
skaetany particular concerns as we head into beta next week?16:09
marjoskaet: none at this time; sent out reminders for ISO testing16:10
skaetcool.  thanks.   any other questions for QA?16:10
skaet[TOPIC] security team16:10
MootBotNew Topic:  security team16:10
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:11
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:11
jdstrand[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-security.html16:11
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-security.html16:11
jdstrandWe currently have no milestoned bugs.16:11
jdstrandWe are waiting for feedback on the openssl and related packages in -proposed for security-m-tls-renegotiation-updates, our last remaining essential blueprint.16:11
jdstrandWork on arm-m-missing-security-features is ongoing.16:11
jdstrandHope to release ufw 0.30 and get it into maverick for beta. We have a pre-release of 0.30 in maverick now, and this would be a pure bugfix upload-- fixes a couple packaging issues as well as several IPv6 bugs. See SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick for details.16:12
jdstrandthat may have to wait til after beta16:12
jdstrandGetting upstream apparmor userspace 2.5.1 together is ongoing, which is something that we will want in Maverick, but not beta. It has many fixes for the userspace tools to work with our maverick (and upstream) kernel16:12
* skaet makes a note to keep an eye open for ufw 0.3016:13
jdstrandthat's pretty much it from me16:13
skaetany questions?16:13
skaet[TOPIC] kernel team16:14
MootBotNew Topic:  kernel team16:14
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:14
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team-ubuntu-10.10-beta.html16:14
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team.svg16:14
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:14
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team-ubuntu-10.10-beta.html16:14
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team.svg16:14
ogasawaraAll our specs/blueprints for Beta are complete.16:14
ogasawaraOn the bugs noted in the agenda, status is as follows:16:14
ogasawaraBug 605488 - After speaking with ogra and GrueMaster, we're closing this bug for now as no one is able to reproduce the issue any more.  Should this re-appear the bug will be re-opened.16:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 605488 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu Maverick) "BUG: scheduling while atomic: mmcqd/46/0x00000002" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60548816:14
ogasawaraBug 605739 - Believed to be resolved in the latest linux-ti-omap4-2.6.34-903.7 kernel.  Still waiting for verification before closing.16:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 605739 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu Maverick) "BUG: Bad page state in process swapper pfn:94d23" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60573916:14
ogasawaraBug 624915 - debian-installer issue which cjwatson has already resolved.16:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 624915 in debian-installer (Ubuntu Maverick) "maverick kvm guests not seeing virtio disks" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62491516:15
ogasawaraBug 291760 - Numerous comments to the bug indicate this is not a kernel issue nor is there any confirmation against a Maverick kernel.  I've subsequently closed this bug against the kernel and posted a comment.16:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 291760 in NetworkManager "network-manager roams to (none) ((none)) - background scanning" [Unknown,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/29176016:15
ogasawaraBug 615400 - Believed to be resolved with the current kernel.  Waiting for verification before closing.16:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 615400 in flash-kernel (Ubuntu Maverick) "package initramfs-tools 0.97.2ubuntu1 failed to install/upgrade: ErrorMessage: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61540016:15
ogasawaraBug 613855 - Patches applied and kernel uploaded (linux-2.6.35-19.26).16:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 613855 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "omap3 beagle XM MMC card always comes up readonly" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61385516:15
ogasawaraAs a general status, we've rebased to the latest upstream stable kernel which was basically a set of regression fixes from  We also uploaded a kernel yesterday with fixes for 613855.  We are above the trend line for our Beta release burndown chart but below the trend line overall.  The remaining Beta release work items are not release critical.16:15
skaetthanks ogasawara. :)16:16
skaet[TOPIC] Foundations team16:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Foundations team16:16
cjwatson[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick#RC%20Milestoned%20bugs16:18
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick#RC%20Milestoned%20bugs16:18
cjwatsonskipping the feature section there this week, as we should mostly be focusing on bugs now16:18
cjwatsontwo bugs I want to call out there16:18
cjwatsonbug 613008: Evan says he can work on this on Tuesday, but will that be too late for beta?  if so, I can try to figure something out this afternoon16:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 613008 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Maverick) "failed to install oem-config from CD" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61300816:19
skaetrobbiew,  thoughts?16:19
cjwatsonbug 441941: this has been around since we switched to grub2 in 10.04.  The limited actual data (as opposed to VERY large number of comments) in the bug suggests that it may be simply because grub2's core.img is somewhat bigger than grub legacy's stage1.5, in which case there is a very limited amount that we can actually do about this.  I acknowledge it's a serious issue for those affected, but wonder how much use it is ...16:20
cjwatson... to treat it as RC16:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 441941 in grub2 (Ubuntu Maverick) "grub fails after running Windows" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/44194116:20
cjwatsonalso, I downgraded bug 459639 to Medium.  Anyone affected by this should comment16:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 459639 in upstart (Ubuntu Maverick) "X server starts randomly in failsafe when starting from cold boot" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/45963916:21
robbiewskaet: cjwatson: seems 613008 has a workaround16:22
cjwatsonyes, be online16:22
robbiewso if we can't get it into Beta16:22
robbiewwe should at least release note it...again :/16:22
skaetany questions for colin?16:23
skaetthanks colin.16:24
skaets/colin/cjwatson/  sigh....16:24
skaet[TOPIC] server team16:24
MootBotNew Topic:  server team16:24
ttxServer team status is up to date at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/MaverickReleaseStatus16:25
ttxAbout Maverick bugs, I spent some time recently reviewing all High and a few Medium -server bugs to fill the bucket again. Here you go:16:25
ttxBeta-milestoned bugs:16:25
ttxBug 619843 - euca-get-console-output returns one single line (Daviey): should be in next eucalyptus upload16:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 619843 in Eucalyptus "euca-get-console-output returns one single line" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61984316:25
ttxBug 599342 - Temporary failure in name resolution (hallyn): waiting for input from OP, potentially deferred16:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 599342 in libvirt (Ubuntu Maverick) "Temporary failure in name resolution" [Medium,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59934216:25
ttxBug 613535 - cloud-debug.log reports errno=2 trying to execute 'bttrack' (Daviey): should be in next eucalyptus upload16:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 613535 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Maverick) "cloud-debug.log reports errno=2 trying to execute 'bttrack'" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61353516:25
ttxBug 617053 - on upgrade from 1.6.2, euca_upgrade should preserve DISABLE_ISCSI="Y" (Daviey): needs verification, might be already fixed16:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 617053 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Maverick) "on upgrade from 1.6.2, euca_upgrade should preserve DISABLE_ISCSI="Y"" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61705316:26
ttxHigh, release targeted bugs:16:26
ttxBug 574665 - kvm + virtio disk corrupts >1TB large volumes (hallyn): more investigation required16:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 574665 in qemu-kvm (Ubuntu Maverick) "kvm + virtio disk corrupts large volumes (>1TB)." [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57466516:26
ttxBug 564355 - run-instance request in same security group causes eucalyptus to remove network (hggdh): needs verification16:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 564355 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Maverick) "Second euca-run-instance request in same security group causes eucalyptus to remove network assoicated with security group" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/56435516:26
ttxBug 584048 - kvm images losing connectivity w/bridged network (hallyn): nearing a solution16:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 584048 in qemu-kvm (Ubuntu Maverick) "kvm images losing connectivity w/bridged network" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58404816:26
ttxBug 620441 - MySQL upstart stop job does not cleanly shutdown mysql (SpamapS): more investigation needed16:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 620441 in mysql-dfsg-5.1 (Ubuntu Maverick) "MySQL upstart stop job does not cleanly shutdown mysql" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62044116:26
ttxBug 606715 - Logfile defintions wrong after changes to logfile rotation in Ubuntu Lucid (ttx): triaged16:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 606715 in logwatch (Ubuntu Maverick) "Logfile defintions wrong after changes to logfile rotation in Ubuntu Lucid" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60671516:26
ttxBug 619712 - keepalived vrrp race condition (RoakSoaX): patch needs verification16:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 619712 in keepalived (Ubuntu Maverick) "keepalived vrrp race condition and fix (versions 1.1.17 and 1.2.0 but perhaps all?)" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61971216:26
ttxThen there is a list that I will spare you, maverick-targeted bugs that are more targets of opportunity for the next weeks16:27
ttx(medium or below)16:27
ttxOn the specs side...16:27
ttxHm, wait16:27
ttxMaverick bugs affecting server, in other teams:16:27
ttxBug 563916 - [details.so] No prompt for [S]kip or [M]anual recovery on server boot16:27
ubottuLaunchpad bug 563916 in plymouth (Ubuntu Maverick) "[details.so] No prompt for [S]kip or [M]anual recovery on server boot" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/56391616:27
ttxThis one is targeted to 10.04.2 as well16:27
ttxwould be nice to fix in Maverick, but I suspect it's getting late16:28
skaetttx,  what's the outlook for the fix?16:28
ttxit's in the hands of the Foundations team, I think Colin spent one of his remaining cycle on it16:28
ttxcjwatson: ^16:29
* ttx will talk specs in the mean time.16:29
ttxProgress for the beta subcycle is at http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-server-ubuntu-10.10-beta.html16:30
ttxBeta-milestoned specs status:16:30
ttxserver-maverick-upstart-conversion (0%): not completed in time for BetaFreeze. Underlying bug being fixed, those can be postponed to Natty.16:30
ttxserver-maverick-uec-testing (40%): Most work items for beta testing week, should be completed in time16:30
ttxserver-maverick-daily-vcs (50%): One work item left, on track (can be completed during freeze)16:30
ttxserver-maverick-workitemtracker (64%): On track (can be completed during freeze)16:30
ttxserver-maverick-community (67%): One work item left (assigned to jcastro)16:31
ttxserver-maverick-papercuts (67%): One retrospective work item left, on track (can be completed during freeze)16:31
ttxserver-maverick-uds-cloud-loadbalancing (75%): One work item left, on track (can be completed during freeze)16:31
ttxserver-maverick-puppet-bootstrap (83%): One work item left, on track (can be completed during freeze)16:31
cjwatsonskaet: current status is that it's awaiting feedback from the patch submitter on a question from upstream16:31
ttxserver-maverick-cloud-images-sans-cloud (88%): One optional work item left, on track (can be completed during freeze)16:31
ttxThe others are complete.16:31
cjwatsonI'll move it forward if I have to, but was hoping to let the patch submitter do that since that's more economical of our resources16:31
skaetcjwatson,  thanks.16:31
ttxOther specs status:16:31
ttxserver-maverick-hadoop-pig (0%): 3 work items (2 in progress), can all be completed during freeze16:32
ttxserver-maverick-isotesting (0%): On track (work starts next week!)16:32
ttxserver-maverick-uec-eucalyptus-next (58%): Will require another eucalyptus upload (BetaFreezeException)16:32
ttxskaet: ^16:32
ttxserver-maverick-dailytriage (63%): On track (just a tracking spec)16:32
ttxserver-maverick-uds-seed-review (93%): One work item left, on track (can be completed during freeze)16:32
skaetttx,  ack.  will talk to robbiew16:32
ttxskaet: let's say that freezeexceptions for eucalyptus have been quite common in the past :)16:33
ttxLooking at it from a spillover/postponed perspective:16:33
ttxThe server-maverick-qa-workflow spec was postponed due to work on eucalyptus blocking the QA resource16:33
ttxSome work items were postponed in server-maverick-community, server-maverick-uec-liveusb and server-maverick-hypervisor16:33
skaetheh.   Thanks for the context.  ;)16:33
ttxSome work items in server-maverick-uds-seed-review were remilestoned to maverick release16:33
ttxAll work items in server-maverick-uec-liveusb were remilestoned to maverick release16:33
ttxThat's all, thanks for your patience.16:33
ttxQuestions ?16:33
skaetwill upstart-conversion make it for release?16:34
ScottKupstart-conversion is a process, not a destination I feel.16:35
ttxno, I think it should be postponed to natty. It's work in progress anyway16:35
ttxso those specific scripts were nominated because...16:35
ttxthere was some issue making lo unavailable in time for some legacy init scripts to behave properly16:35
ttxthat issue was fixed, so it's "less pressing"16:35
skaetthanks.  makes sense.16:36
ttxand at that point, adding them is more a nuisance16:36
ttxgiven how close we are to release, and how critical an upstart script can be16:36
ttxI'm just waiting for jiboumans to be back to confirm the punting.16:36
skaetthanks ttx.  :)16:37
* ttx bows.16:37
skaet[TOPIC] Desktop team16:37
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop team16:37
seb128[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:37
seb128[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-desktop-team.html16:37
seb128[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-desktop-team-ubuntu-10.10-beta.html16:37
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:37
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-desktop-team.html16:37
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-desktop-team-ubuntu-10.10-beta.html16:38
seb128Work items summary:16:38
seb128We are on track for beta and maverick16:38
seb128Week work summary:16:38
seb128 * quite some bug fixing done16:38
seb128 * unity and dx weekly updates went it16:38
seb128 * chrisccoulson spent time on getting the "sending crashes directly to upstream" working and on getting the firefox4 builds going16:38
seb128 * xorg got some updates still16:38
seb128 * kenvandine sorted with twitter how we can get gwibber to work with the coming authentification changes16:38
seb128 * lot of ui tweaking rush and updates just before the ui freeze start16:38
seb128 16:38
seb128Questions for beta:16:38
seb128 * the GNOME 2.32 beta tarballs are due on monday, can we get those uploaded for beta or not?16:38
seb128 * firefox 3.6.9 is ready for upload with the fix for sending crashes directly to upstream, not langpacks change required, can we upload today or should that go after beta?16:38
seb128 * banshee by default on UNE is really late, the version using udev will have it first tarball next week and it has new depends (one being in universe, one not packaged yet), is there a way we can still do that change for maverick after beta (it's UNE only)?16:38
seb128 16:38
seb128(I will give the remaining summary and bugs once those are sorted)16:38
skaetrobbiew,  cjwatson,   thoughts?16:39
seb128I guess for GNOME we can do the "just upload and people will review and decide"16:39
skaetheh,  true...16:40
seb128if those go after beta that's ok16:40
robbiewthe firefox upload should go in pre-beta16:40
robbiewI think16:40
seb128I would like to get firefox 3.6.9 in though, that would give us testing and make the crash reports work with upstream which is a real win16:40
seb128ok, great16:40
seb128skaet, no objection?16:41
seb128I guess we can sort the banshee one next week when didrocks (our UNE maintainer) is back16:41
* skaet thinks more testing with beta the better..... 16:41
seb128it's not really blocking beta16:41
seb128I just wanted to mention it16:41
robbiewseb128: agree on waiting on banshee decision16:41
seb128should I continue with the remaining bits?16:42
skaet[ACTION] discuss with didrocks banshee on UNE16:42
MootBotACTION received:  discuss with didrocks banshee on UNE16:42
skaetseb128, yes please.16:42
seb128one comment16:42
seb128Worth noting that software-center still use a ppa rather than extras.ubuntu.com which is blocked on being set up by I.S, changing the archive to use should not be an issue but might be worth knowing16:42
seb128 16:42
seb128not sure if that's an issue or not or if foundation, mvo are tracking that16:42
seb128I though I would mention it since we have remaining beta work items for those16:43
seb128 16:43
seb128other bugs from the agenda:16:43
seb128* bug 16492: changed to low, that's basically a wishlist and not a maverick milestoned issue (was changed last week, why is it still listed? do you disagree with the change?)16:43
seb128* bug 329898: bug assigned to our printing maintainer and under investigation, could be due to ibus16:43
seb128* bug 522538: bug assigned to the gwibber maintainer for investigation16:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 16492 in gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu Maverick) "Mouse pointer should disappear when keyboard is in use and mouse isn't" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1649216:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 329898 in hplip (Ubuntu Maverick) "The HP 1018 printer not work out of the box if used non-US locale" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/32989816:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 522538 in desktopcouch "gwibber-service crashed with error in connect()" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52253816:43
seb128* bug 575160: universe bug assigned to a community member, is there any reason it's on the desktop team list?16:43
seb128* bug 602899: bug assigned to our xorg maintainer who thinks it might be fixed in the current version, needs confirmation from the submitter16:43
seb128* bug 603507: not really a blocker since it's not an issue for unity out of the debug mode and there is a workaround, I've set it to low16:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 575160 in seamonkey (Ubuntu Maverick) "seamonkey 2.0 crashes with 'RenderBadPicture' diagnostics" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57516016:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 602899 in xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu Maverick) "[gm45] Xserver crash" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60289916:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 603507 in clutter-gtk-0.10 (Ubuntu Maverick) "[intel] clutter views not updated correctly with the new clutter " [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60350716:43
seb128* bug 610600: the issue is being investigated and discussed with upstream, it's better in maverick but we don't really have the competence in the team to work on it directly16:43
seb128* bug 615549: needs input from Keybuk or somebody who knows about upstart16:43
seb128* bug 616023: nvidia binary driver issues, jockey workaround it for now and we will get the update case fixed for maverick as well16:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 610600 in gstreamer0.10 (Ubuntu Maverick) "Serious video performance regression in cheese (2.28.1->2.30.1)" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61060016:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 615549 in gdm (Ubuntu Maverick) "Dell Studio XPS 13 no video" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61554916:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 616023 in nvidia-graphics-drivers (Ubuntu Maverick) "nVidia card : X won't start since 1.9 update, no screens found" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61602316:43
seb128* bug 621433: is being worked by the ubuntuone team16:43
seb128* bug 623509: the fix is ready to uploaded with firefox 3.6.9, cf question before16:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 621433 in ubuntuone-client (Ubuntu Maverick) "[regression] nautilus plugin does not load published file list" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62143316:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 623509 in firefox (Ubuntu Maverick) "Firefox is creating empty crash reports due to ptrace restrictions" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62350916:43
seb128bug fixed on the week list: bug #62365516:43
seb128bugs from the previous week fixed this week: #595555 #606728 #616515 #618945 #61985816:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 623655 in libubuntuone (Ubuntu Maverick) "Error prevents enabling store plugin" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62365516:43
seb128 16:44
seb128that's it16:44
seb128I'm open to questions or comments ;-)16:44
skaet[ACTION] skaet follow up onsoftware-center using ppa rather than extras.ubuntu.com16:44
MootBotACTION received:  skaet follow up onsoftware-center using ppa rather than extras.ubuntu.com16:44
cjwatsonsorry, was writing an extremely long follow-up to 441941 ...16:44
seb128not sure what format you prefer for the bugs listed on the agenda16:44
cjwatsonMonday might be OK, I imagine Tuesday's ISOs will be the candidates we work on?16:44
seb128the IRC dump doesn't seem really digest16:44
seb128we have a summary on our weekly wiki summary16:45
davidbarthseb128: you put the bot on his knees16:45
seb128davidbarth, blame whoever put the agenda list and assign all those bugs to us :p16:45
skaetseb128,  heh...  can you look at 522538 as well16:46
seb128bug #52253816:47
ubottuLaunchpad bug 522538 in desktopcouch "gwibber-service crashed with error in connect()" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52253816:47
seb128skaet, it was the third one in my copied list16:47
seb128but I didn't put it on the wiki yet because it has been added during the day16:47
seb128will do that now16:47
skaetseb128 - ack missed it in the scan.... :(16:47
seb128let me know if another format would work better16:48
seb128I'm not sure triggering the bot for having the url and bug title is useful or noise16:48
skaetseb128,  thanks.    :)    will keep with current format for now16:49
seb128skaet, ok16:49
* skaet still figuring things out...16:49
seb128you're welcome16:49
skaet[TOPIC] kubuntu16:49
MootBotNew Topic:  kubuntu16:49
ScottKRiddell is offline today, so I'll cover Kubuntu.16:49
ScottK[LINK] http://tinyurl.com/33p7vu3 - Not a lot in the way of milestoned bugs:16:49
ScottK[LINK] https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todo - Spec status is (newly updated). We may have some FFe yet if some tasks get finished, but it won't be anything potentially disruptive.16:49
ScottKUbiquity KDE overaul landed yesterday.  Don't have any test reports yet.16:49
ScottKAfter beta is out we'll be updating KDE to 4.5.1 and qt4-x11 to 4.7.0 rc1 (we have the beta now).16:49
ScottKBuild issues on armel are finally resolved, so we should have images for beta.16:49
MootBotLINK received:  http://tinyurl.com/33p7vu3 - Not a lot in the way of milestoned bugs:16:49
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todo - Spec status is (newly updated). We may have some FFe yet if some tasks get finished, but it won't be anything potentially disruptive.16:49
ScottKFirst test images for kubuntu-mobile tech preview (Universe) rolled yesterday, should have them in production soon.16:50
ScottKThe biggest uncertainy for beta is the installer.16:50
skaetScottK  images for mobile looked a bit big for ISO.   who's going to do pruning?16:51
ScottKskaet: I'm planning on bumping the size limit.  These aren't really aimed at CD, but install via USB, so size isn't a concern.16:51
ScottK(we did this for Kubuntu Netbook when it was a separate image)16:52
skaetScottK,  cool.  Thanks for explanation.  :)16:52
ScottKThat said, it could stand some pruning as it has too much standard desktop stuff that's not needed.16:52
skaetScottK,  thanks!16:53
skaet[TOPIC] Desktop experience16:53
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop experience16:53
skaethmm... anyone around, or is this still a gap?16:53
ScottKShould be davidbarth16:54
iainfarrelldbarth and i are here16:54
ogratalk to us then, dont be shy :)16:54
skaetcool.   updates?16:54
davidbarthcontains the summary16:54
davidbarthin summary, we have 1 small missing for appmenu16:55
davidbartha series of UIF exceptions for indicators16:56
davidbarth1 UIF exception for unity also (couldn't get all of the artwork on time)16:56
davidbarthand (yet) another exception request for the MT integration in unity16:57
davidbarthi don't want to sound like we haven't worked during the past weeks though16:57
skaetdavidbarth,  any thoughts on bug #606052?16:58
ubottuLaunchpad bug 606052 in indicator-application (Ubuntu) "indicator-application-service crashed with SIGSEGV in g_closure_invoke()" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60605216:58
davidbarthin particular, more than 40 bugs / tasks were closed for unity in the last 4 days (https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+milestone/2010-08-26)16:58
* skaet likes hearing about bugs being closed. :D16:58
davidbarthnone sorry, was not on my radar16:59
davidbarthbut will now16:59
skaetdavidbarth,  thanks!16:59
ScottKdavidbarth: Is the Ubuntu font your issue or Ux?16:59
davidbarthi've browsed other critical bugs today, but can you send me the release meeting invite to be able to give you a more accurate report on bugs next week?17:00
davidbarthfont is ux17:00
* ScottK waits.17:00
davidbarthiainfarrell is present today for design17:00
iainfarrellWe raised the issue of the font with Mark on the DX call this week17:01
skaet[ACTION] skaet to review release meeting invite list and make sure davidbarth is on it.17:01
MootBotACTION received:  skaet to review release meeting invite list and make sure davidbarth is on it.17:01
iainfarrellhe's not satisfied that we're ready to add this to the distro yet17:01
davidbarthskaet: thanks ;)17:01
davidbarthquestoins for DX?17:01
iainfarrellWe are attetmpting to answer his concerns17:01
iainfarrellI can't provide a deadline unfortunately17:01
iainfarrellIvanka has been meeting and reviewing with him17:01
davidbarthie, i've discussed that status with seb128 this mornng to plan for the reviews necessary for landing fixes17:01
ScottKiainfarrell: So it's still a potential FFe request for Maverick then.17:01
iainfarrellScottK: correct17:02
iainfarrellworse is that I was expecting an update on conversations but their internet connection has died17:02
iainfarrellso I won't get an update now until Tuesday at the earliest17:02
iainfarrellShould I add this detail as a comment to the font bug?17:03
* ScottK would think so.17:03
iainfarrellScottK will do17:03
skaetianfarrell, davidbarth,   thanks!17:04
skaet[TOPIC] user experience17:04
MootBotNew Topic:  user experience17:04
* skaet looks around... 17:05
davidbarthiainfarrell: that's you again dude ;)17:05
davidbarthskaet: iainfarrell didn't get the invitation email either i guess17:06
davidbarthbut looking at the blueprints that were listed in a previous email17:06
skaet[ACTION] skaet to make sure iainfarrel is on the invite too...17:06
MootBotACTION received:  skaet to make sure iainfarrel is on the invite too...17:06
iainfarrellThanks skaet17:07
davidbarththe generative wallpaper one had to be postponed unfotrunately (DX could allocate ressources to work on that)17:07
davidbarththe theme enhancements are mostly complete i guess17:07
davidbarthand the papercuts are, well... bugs, so the high/critical ones are still in scope for the beta iteration i assume17:08
iainfarrelldavidbarth: That's correct we're just testing and will only ask to make changes for bug fixes at this stage17:08
iainfarrellyes, and we're over 100 papercuts too - thanks to vish17:08
iainfarrellwho's not here but if you see him send our love :)17:08
* vish here o/17:08
skaetany questions?17:09
skaet[TOPIC] ARM team17:09
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM team17:09
ograhohoho, thats me !17:09
ograDetailed status at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARMTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick17:09
ograShort summary:17:09
ogra * oem-config issues with the current images (Bug #616581) were fixed with the most recent ubiquity upload17:09
ogra * ubuntu-netbook-efl-default-settings is still pending fixes to the default 2D session for which we will need freeze exceptions (this package only shows up on the armel images)17:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 616581 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Maverick) "oem-config fails to run" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61658117:10
ogra * ongoing "normal" work on main ftbfs, most packages from main are off the list, the blocking telepathy-glib FTBFS was worked around by dropping optimization for now17:10
ogra * a massive issue with networking that tears down the whole board has been worked around (the new silicon we're about to get will fix that see bug 625108)17:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 625108 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu) "System hangs when you run ifconfig usb0 up and ifconfig usb0 down" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62510817:10
ogra * dove images are building daily now17:10
ogra * kubuntu armel images are building daily now17:10
ograBeta status (somehow the tracker didnt update, that should look different):17:10
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile-ubuntu-10.10-beta.html17:10
ograBeta targeted specs:17:10
ogranone anymore, all postponed until after beta or ready to drop17:10
ogra5 went into fix committed/released status17:10
ogra7 still open for post beta work17:10
ogra2 Release blockers17:10
ogra2 bugs that will need beta freeze exceptions17:10
ograbug 61360617:10
ograbug 61323017:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 613606 in ubuntu-netbook-efl-default-settings (Ubuntu Maverick) "netbook-launcher-efl running as an app in gnome desktop, not as standalone desktop." [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61360617:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 613230 in u-boot-omap4 (Ubuntu) "MIR for u-boot-linaro-omap4-panda because u-boot-omap4 fails to load new kernel after kernel update" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61323017:10
ograthe latter one isnt quite right17:10
ograah, not its just the order the bot throws them out17:11
skaetogra, any update on bug#615773?17:12
ograbug 61577317:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 615773 in flash-kernel (Ubuntu Maverick) "flash-kernel fails to handle raw boot partitons on eMMC" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61577317:13
ograskaet, no and that has to happen post beta17:13
ograthe current HW we support doesnt use eMMC, we're getiing there soon :)17:13
skaetgood reason;)17:13
ograwhole team just gets HW upgardes with new silicon17:13
ograyeah, working with pre-production HW is *lots* of fun :)17:14
skaetany questions?17:14
ograespecially if you also have pre-rpoduction kernels :)17:14
* skaet snickers... indeed.17:15
skaetthanks ogra.17:15
skaet[TOPIC] MOTU17:15
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU17:15
* ScottK waves17:15
ScottKlucas is going to do another archive rebuild early next week so we should have a current FTBFS list soon.17:16
ScottKLots of NBS work and FTBFS left.  Since we've dropped sparc and ia64 it's hard to say exactly how we compare to previous releases.17:16
ScottKNothing more to report.17:17
skaetScottK, any update on bug 615773 ?17:17
ubottuLaunchpad bug 615773 in flash-kernel (Ubuntu Maverick) "flash-kernel fails to handle raw boot partitons on eMMC" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61577317:17
ogrago ScottK, fix it ! :)17:17
* skaet smiles - she got the syntax right for the bot ... finally17:17
skaets/me hangs head.... typo.  arrgh.17:18
skaetbug 61097517:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 610975 in wxwidgets2.8 (Ubuntu Maverick) "relocation error with latest wxwidgets2.8" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61097517:18
ogragah i was hoping you tell him to fix it for us :)17:18
ScottKNo.  I need to understand where we are on that.17:19
ScottKNot just for maverick but due to the SRU regression.17:19
skaethmm.... that bug is not matching the notes in agenda....   will clean up...17:19
skaetbug in agenda was saying can not start pgadmin3...  cut and paste issue I guess..17:20
ScottKwx is typically a pile of pain in any case.17:20
ScottKIt's the same bug.17:20
* skaet learns....17:21
skaetScottK thanks17:21
skaet[TOPIC]  Linaro17:21
MootBotNew Topic:   Linaro17:21
JamieBennettNothing much release wise for Linaro, we are on top of the existing 3 bugs and there may be a FFe request for a new kernel update before beta but that's all to report. Things are good in Linaro land ATM.17:22
ScottKIs the linaro kernel used on any ISO's built by Ubuntu?17:22
ograno, only their bootloader will be soon17:22
ScottKOK.  Thanks.17:23
* JamieBennett nods17:23
ograwe might switch in natty for omap17:23
skaetany other questions?17:23
skaet[TOPIC] 10.4.2 LTS17:24
MootBotNew Topic:  10.4.2 LTS17:24
ScottKFYI, u-boot-linaro is in binary New, so you should bribe some archive admin to push it out.17:24
ograScottK, jdstrand is on it17:24
skaetany other things to talk about before closing the meeting?17:25
ograskaet, you did very well for your first time, kudos17:26
jdstrandogra: accepted17:26
ScottKWhen do we plan to start rolling "final" images for beta?17:26
skaetcjwatson: ^17:26
cjwatsonI was thinking first thing Tuesday?17:26
ScottKSounds good.17:26
cjwatsonif that works for people17:26
cjwatsonif nothing else, Monday's a bank holiday here17:26
* ogra hugs jdstrand 17:27
JamieBennettYeah, day off ftw ;)17:27
* skaet notes not to call folks on monday.17:28
skaetthanks all.17:28
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:28.17:28
seb128thanks skaet17:30
* skaet toddles off to start grubbing through bugs some more....17:30
skaetseb128, obra,  thanks.17:30
seb128skaet, btw be aware that retracers are still down17:31
* ScottK hands skaet a 'g'.17:31
seb128so we get no crash bugs going through17:31
seb128launchpad guys said they would have a workaround in early next week17:31
skaetseb128,  retracers?  education please.... new term.17:31
seb128skaet, do you know about apport?17:31
seb128not sure where to start the explanations ;-)17:32
seb128skaet, it's our bug reporting software, it catches crashes17:32
skaetseb128,  heh,  heard the terms,  will start grilling robbiew17:32
seb128skaet, you can apt-cache show apport17:32
robbiewskaet: or talk to the guy who wrote apport17:33
seb128skaet, basically when something crashes apport get the coredump of the crash17:33
seb128skaet, add some extra informations on your system, package versions, etc17:33
seb128collect some infos specific to the package17:33
seb128and send that to launchpad17:33
seb128crash bugs are private by default17:34
seb128often the users don't have debug symbols17:34
seb128so we have services in the dc running and going through those bugs17:34
seb128using apport-retrace17:34
seb128which is basically a "get the summary of the package installed and its depends, install the corresponding -dbgsym in a sandbox, use gdb on the coredump, get a debug stacktrace"17:34
seb128those go through crashes bugs on launchpad, get the stracktrace, clean the coredump and subscribe bugsquad17:35
skaetcan understand, very useful on getting meaningful info from the bug when the user may not know what to send.17:35
seb128the bugsquad from there can review the stacktrace for private info and mark those public17:35
seb128that's the theory17:36
skaetbecause certain customers may have confidential data in the trace?17:36
seb128right now bug #620458 breaks this service17:36
ubottuLaunchpad bug 620458 in Launchpad Bugs "cannot access attachments of private bugs any more" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62045817:36
seb128so the service doesn't run17:36
skaetwhy is it considered Low then?17:36
seb128the crashes are not processed, the triagers not subscribed17:36
seb128so we pile bugs nobody has access to17:37
seb128skaet, triaging error, they have made it a high priority and are working actively on it since it's known17:37
seb128it's handled as a high priority bug17:37
seb128the status is wrong there17:37
seb128skaet, <skaet> because certain customers may have confidential data in the trace?17:37
seb128not only customer17:37
seb128rather any user17:38
seb128if your email client crash the coredump might have your password in clear in the coredump17:38
seb128or the content of the email you were reading17:38
seb128we can let access to the coredump due to that17:38
seb128well the summary is that none of the crash bugs are reaching us17:39
skaetmakes sense.17:39
seb128there a backlog of some hundred bugs to retrace17:39
skaethmm,  will talk this over a bit with marjo, and see what can be done.17:40
seb128skaet, not sure if you have a metric for bugs yet but common crashes collect quite some duplicate counts17:40
marjoskaet: ack17:40
seb128I saw you called a dx indicator crash without duplicate before17:40
skaetthanks for making me aware of it, and giving me the context to understand.  :)17:40
seb128not sure if you picked just that one, but don't pay lot of attention with crashes without debug stacktrace or duplicates17:40
seb128they are often not worth it17:40
ScottKAlthough, as seb128 says, the Launchpad team have prioritized this appropriately, it is not unheard of for the LP priority not to match the importance Ubuntu developers feel an LP bug should have.17:41
seb128real issue collect ten of duplicates every week usually17:41
skaetseb128, heh, gotcha.17:41
seb128skaet, oh, another detail, the retracers have auto duplication17:41
marjoseb128: that's one of the many challenges: too many duplicates17:41
seb128skaet, they have a database of crash signature and auto close as duplicate the ones matching a known signature17:41
seb128marjo, the retracers deal just fine with those usually17:42
marjoseb128: ack17:42
seb128marjo, that should not be visible to anybody, they don't send email and just autoclose them as duplicate17:42
seb128skaet, not sure I've been really clear, there is documentation about apport on the ubuntu wiki17:43
seb128skaet, you can also ask questions if some details are not clear17:43
ScottKShort version of the docs is "ask pitti, he knows all about it."17:44
skaetseb128, thanks!   will hunt down those wiki pages.17:44
skaetScottK,  lol.  :)  thanks.17:44
* skaet adds some wiki hunting, to the bug grubbing, and poking around with apport to the afternoon list17:47
=== simar__mohaar is now known as simar
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== MaWaLe is now known as UBot-tn
=== UBot-tn is now known as MaWaLe
=== bjf is now known as bjf[afk]
=== daker_ is now known as daker

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!