=== xfaf is now known as zul
=== LjL is now known as Guest26120
salimaneanyone here for asian meeting ?10:17
lifelessisn't it in 40 minutes or so?10:17
salimanewas just checking...10:20
elkyOh. It's /that/ day.10:31
* elky is still at the office.10:32
* persia fails at time, and may be 2-3 minutes late10:57
lifelessso who is chairing? bags not me.11:01
wershello :)11:01
elkyI'd rather not since I might have to flee to avoid being left waiting an hour for a bus.11:02
lifelessflee! flee!11:02
selvamHi all, <amachu> is away , and he will not attend meeting today11:04
persiaselvam, Thanks.11:04
* persia hopes our leader will arrive soon11:04
czajkowskiyou have a leader ?11:04
nigelbchair :p11:04
lifelesspopey: if you're around, I have a feeling we will need more for quorateness11:05
persiaWe have a secretary, to whom we delegate as much as possible.11:05
popey*ping* popey appears11:05
czajkowskisoo that's how that works11:06
* czajkowski makes a mental note :)11:06
popeyyou need the magic dust11:06
persiaSo, I guess I end up with chair, for failing to log a proactive protest.11:07
* lifeless pats his resovoir11:07
MootBotMeeting started at 05:07. The chair is persia.11:07
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]11:07
lifelesspersia: thank you11:07
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/AsiaOceania11:08
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/AsiaOceania11:08
persia[TOPIC] Attendance check11:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Attendance check11:08
persiaprabhash: about?11:08
persiawers: I saw you.11:08
* wers is present! :D11:08
persianisshh: about?11:08
wershi persia11:09
persiasalimane: still here?11:09
persiahuayra, about?11:09
Vantraxhi all, sorry im a few later11:09
Vantraxer late11:09
salimaneyep :)11:09
* huayra present11:09
persiaOK.  So we'll do wers, salimane, huayra, in that order.11:10
wersok :)11:10
persia[TOPIC] Membership application for Allan Caeg11:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Membership application for Allan Caeg11:10
persiawers, Please paste your introductory text.11:10
wersHello. I'm Allan Caeg, a UX designer. My contributions include advocacy and design11:11
wersI advocate FOSS through the Philippine Open Source Network. I organized 3 release parties so far11:12
wersI'm also a part of the Ayatana-UX team. My work isn't limited to Ubuntu, though. I also work on GNOME Usability11:12
wersI'm also the UX Advocate for Firefox11:13
wersI've also recently become a part of the GNOME.Asia Committee11:13
elkyThat's a lot.11:15
lifelesswers: For clarity, in assessing Ubuntu membership we restrict ourselves to contributions directly to Ubuntu.11:15
werslifeless, thanks11:16
Vantraxcontributions that affect Ubuntu can be considered as secondary such as Gnome and Firefox, but in a limited capacity11:16
wersI also do user support. 1,807 beans on ubuntuforums.org11:16
persiawers, I'm not very familiar with Ayatana UX: how much of that ends up being directly targeting Ubuntu, and how much general improvement in upstream projects?11:16
wersthe UX advocates projects is pushed by the Ubuntu community, though11:16
lifelesswers: http://design.canonical.com/2010/06/announcing-the-user-experience-advocates-project/ ?11:17
werslifeless, that's right11:17
VantraxIm unfortunately not familiar with UX at all11:17
werspersia, it's quite new. I can say that it greatly influences Ubuntu's design direction11:18
wersit's organized by mpt. he invited me to be a founding member11:18
Vantraxahh I tell a lie, i know about that11:19
Vantraxone of sabfls pet projects11:19
wersahehe. he seems to love Ayatana11:19
elkyIt's like the new compiz11:20
VantraxYeah, he does.11:20
persiawers, One of your testimonials indicates you took over some leadership activities for ubuntu-ph : could you share how that transition went, and what you would do differently, if you had to do it again?11:21
lifelessits pretty central to crossing the chasm11:21
werspersia, there's actually no transition. I just chose to step up and organize things. that's probably related to the 3 Ubuntu release parties that I organized so far11:23
wersI'm also planning the one for 10.1011:23
persiaAh, OK.  I misunderstood then.  Leading new stuff is always good (and different than transitions).11:25
persiaAnyone have more questions?11:25
popeyi do not.11:25
Vantraxwhat made you decide to apply for Ubuntu membership?11:25
wersVantrax, I want to be more affiliated with the project because I believe in it. I think, it would give me a greater opportunity to advocate Ubuntu11:26
Vantraxfair enough, just curious with your LP date at 200611:27
wersyep. been doing this for a while11:27
wersjust thought that it's time to formalize things a bit11:27
VantraxIm good persia11:27
=== Guest26120 is now known as LjL
persia[VOTE] Confirm Alan Caeg as an Ubuntu Member11:28
MootBotPlease vote on:  Confirm Alan Caeg as an Ubuntu Member.11:28
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot11:28
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting11:28
MootBotPrivate +1 vote received. 1 for, 0 against, 0 have abstained. Count is now 111:28
MootBot+1 received from elky. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 211:28
MootBot+1 received from popey. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 311:29
persia+1 : good history, good testimonials, broad scope of work11:29
MootBot+1 received from persia. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 411:29
MootBot+1 received from Vantrax. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 511:29
MootBot+1 received from lifeless. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 611:29
MootBotFinal result is 6 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 611:29
persiaDunno who the private vote is from, but even discounting it, that's enough.11:29
persiaCongratulations wers!11:29
wersthanks persia!11:29
wersthanks everyone! :D11:29
popeyI'm not needed if you have 5 am I?11:29
elkyyou are if we keep going at this speed11:30
persiapopey, We have 4, but not since Vantrax arrived.  Thanks for helping.11:30
nisshhcongratz wers :)11:30
popeynp i mean11:30
popeycongratulations wers11:30
wersthanks nisshh ! :D11:30
VantraxI was expected to be a few min late:P11:30
wersthanks popey ! :D11:30
persia[TOPIC]  Membership application for Salimane Adjao Moustapha11:30
MootBotNew Topic:   Membership application for Salimane Adjao Moustapha11:30
persiasalimane, Could you please paste your introductory text?11:30
elkyJust a reminder everyone, this introductory text should be pre-written and you should just need to paste it in to your irc client; else we have a lot of idle time.11:31
salimaneI'm Beninese, living in Beijing, China. i'm a software engineer. related to ubuntu i just make people actually use/convert to ubuntu11:32
lifelessI'll be going sharp on the hour too11:32
* Vantrax reminds everyone we need to talk about restaffing quickly too11:33
salimanei maintain a blog to help new users get confortable on ubuntu when they try for the first time11:33
persiasalimane, Do you have any involvement with local teams, or other advocacy beyond your blog?11:34
elkysalimane, so you don't do bug work, forums, or anything?11:34
salimaneu tried every alpha/beta release to report bugs11:35
Vantraxalso no testimonials11:35
salimane*i try11:35
persiasalimane, Have you also been involved with the testing team, using the ISO tracker?11:35
Vantraxgrand total of 7 bugs filed according to LP, are you trying to bug test another way?11:36
salimanei've used iso tracker once before, but me i'm mostly concerned about people actually using it11:36
salimaneintroduce it to people , organisations11:37
elkyI'm ready to vote if other board members are in favour of brevity.11:37
VantraxI am too11:37
* persia too11:38
persialifeless, ?11:38
lifelessmmm, sure11:38
persia[VOTE] Confirm Salimane Adjao Moustapha as an Ubuntu Member11:38
MootBotPlease vote on:  Confirm Salimane Adjao Moustapha as an Ubuntu Member.11:38
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot11:38
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting11:38
MootBotAbstention received from lifeless. 0 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 011:39
MootBot-1 received from elky. 0 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -111:39
MootBot-1 received from Vantrax. 0 for, 2 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -211:39
popey-1 I'd like to see a more significant and sustained contribution11:39
MootBot-1 received from popey. 0 for, 3 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -311:39
persia-1 : documented work in too few areas, not immediately obvious as "work in Ubuntu", no testimonials11:39
MootBot-1 received from persia. 0 for, 4 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -411:39
MootBotFinal result is 0 for, 4 against. 1 abstained. Total: -411:39
elkysorry salimane11:39
lifelessI Like what you're doing, your blog has great stuff on it; some more connection with the active Ubuntu community would tip it over to awesome11:39
salimaneok any suggestions on how to actually become a memeber11:39
VantraxId like to encourage you to continue contributing and get further involved with your local ubuntu groups. Also to remember that you need to be active in the community, not just contributing11:39
persiasalimane, Sorry you wen7t confirmed this time.  Please continue to work on stuff: you may find some of the hints above useful to find folks with whom to work.  We hope to see you back before the board again.11:40
salimanethere is none actually11:40
lifelesswe have an assessment problem for things that are not visible - irc/forums/bugs-in-launchpad/isotracker-reports11:40
salimanein beijing there is none11:40
huayrasalimane, keep contributing and engage locally with your team as much as you can11:40
Vantraxlifeless: very true, but usually testimonials come in to support that11:40
persialifeless, Indeed, we do: some of that is mitigated by testimonials, but it's insufficient.11:40
salimaneyep i will :)11:41
Vantraxsalimane: that is another thing to remember, get people that are familiar with your contributions to write testimonials for you. See examples in some of the other applicants wiki pages from today11:41
Vantraxsalimane: I look forward to seeing you again in a few months with a bunch of people supporting you11:41
lifelessI'm surprised there are no other ubuntu folk in bejing; its a pretty big city isn't it ?11:41
persiaThere are other folk there, but perhaps because it's a big city, it's a small percentage.11:42
persiaAnyway, we've only 18 minutes left.11:42
persia[TOPIC] Membership application for Rubén Romero11:42
MootBotNew Topic:  Membership application for Rubén Romero11:42
MootBotLINK received:  http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/110/detail/11:42
persiahuayra, Please paste your introductory text11:42
huayraI did not get any cheerleaders today11:42
huayrabut have a write up11:42
huayraso, prepare:11:42
huayra=Intro and Bio=11:42
huayraMy name is Rubén Romero. I am 29YO and a father. Live in Oslo, Norway and have used Ubuntu since the spring of 2005.11:42
huayraI am an Ubuntu lover (and member) and I've been using GNU/Linux for 13 years or so.11:42
huayraDetails can be seen in my wiki page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/huayra> and LP page <https://launchpad.net/~huayra>. A short summary:11:42
huayraCurrently I am the Norwegian Contact Member, the driver and contributor to the SpreadUbuntu team and project, System Administrator for Ubuntu-EC and Web Infrastructure Admin for Ubuntu-NO as well as an ad-hoc resource for the community. I try to do as much Ubuntu promotion as I can by either organizing local activities, encouraging activities wherever I go (i.e. started the Icelandic team) or just trying to exchange experiences with o11:42
lifelesssalimane: ^ get in contact with the folk at http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/110/detail/ - they are the local Ubuntu group, and association with them will help your membership application11:42
huayrather teams (Danish Team, Berlin Team, Catalan Team) and get better inter-LoCo relations and try to make us cooperate beyond our geographical borders.11:42
huayraIn the past (and as much as I can in the present) I have done lots of things (most of them in Launchpad, but some of them directly by contact with the devs): From sending HAL patches to make your Nokia phone work and analizing USB output to help WebCam driver development. To creating marketing material and organizing Ubuntu specific events and getting sponsors for these as well as being a contact point for our community in general con11:42
huayraferences and venues.11:42
huayra=My goals=11:42
huayraAs described in the wiki page, can be summarized ike this:11:42
huayra * Make SpreadUbuntu deliver Marketing material Kits to all LoCos worldwide11:43
huayra * Grow participation of Ubuntu users in the activities of the Norwegian LoCo by reaching out to new user groups (beyond the traditional FLOSS aware user or advanced IT user)11:43
huayra * Engage and coordinate inter-LoCo activities (specially within Ubuntu Nordic, but also beyond) to promote Ubuntu worldwide in a fun and uniformed way11:43
salimanelifeless thanks, i will :)11:43
huayra=Beyond Ubuntu=11:43
huayraI believe in the Ubuntu spirit way beyond the space of our community:11:43
huayra * An example of this unortodox approach is promoting Ubuntu through CouchSurfing11:43
huayra * An example of this unortodox approach is promoting Ubuntu through CouchSurfing (which I am an active member of, is a way of Ubuntuizing the world one couch at a time) and to tell people about our software and community.11:43
huayra * I am also involved locally in the Oslo Linux Brigade, which is a group providing network services to groups that otherwise don't have access to ISP's or proper network infrastructure such as squatters and anarchists here in the city. We hold an open café called Humla that we use sometimes as a venue for Ubuntu promotion (i.e. meetings or UGJ).11:43
huayraCurrently I am working with the 350.org Global Work Party (big event to be celebrated 10.10.10 with avail from the City council and concerts in the middle of town ) to make our Ubuntu 10.10 Maverik Meeerkat Release Rarty part of their event, thus reaching a much wider audience that we normally do. And rock really hard!11:43
huayraIn the day I am Global Sales Executive for an Open Source company called Varnish Software that is the company behind the well renowed Varnish HTTP Accelerator. My role is both the one of a Sales man and a community catalizator for the VArnish community. Earlier I've worked with FLOSS products sales before and have even worked at Redpill Linpro, and Open Source centered consultancy company and Canonical's partner with the biggest prese11:43
huayrance in the Nordic market. So I've sold my share of Ubuntu training and services, as well.11:43
huayraI am a proud Ubuntu member and I intent to stay being so the next two years. It gives me the drive I need and it affirms also my commitment with the project. It's all about the small thing that mean something to you. Ubuntu is one of the biggest loves of my life. Simple as that.11:43
huayraThanks for your time :-)11:43
* huayra is sorry for the flooding...11:43
VantraxWOW, nice work huayra, great wall of text:P That is a hell of an intro11:43
persiaGenerally, we're looking for 3-4 lines of text.11:44
* nigelb notes huayra has ubuntu member cloak11:44
* huayra is up for renewal11:44
elkyYou missed the clicky thing in the email?11:44
* Vantrax isnt used to seeing people up for renewal11:44
popeyhttps://edge.launchpad.net/~huayra shows you're already a member of ~ubuntumembers11:44
lifelessisn't renewal self administered ?11:45
elkyCan we move on then?11:45
Vantraxyou can just click and say let me be there again11:45
lifelessLike, if you care enough to click on the link, you are renewed...11:45
huayraoh myt11:45
huayraoh my11:45
* Vantrax remembers that people are in theory ment to revisit rmb, but isnt done11:45
lifelesshuayra: thanks for dropping by; ciao.11:45
elkyhuayra, uh, welcome back? :)11:45
popeyi believe nisshh has now arrived..11:45
huayra;) thx11:45
persia[AGREED] Rubén Romero is already a member, and should renew when LP prompts.11:45
MootBotAGREED received:  Rubén Romero is already a member, and should renew when LP prompts.11:45
nisshhyes, im here11:45
* Vantrax cheers for huayra11:45
persia[TOPIC] Anything else?11:45
MootBotNew Topic:  Anything else?11:45
popeypersia: nisshh11:46
huayrathanks elky :)11:46
elkypersia, nisshh joined a few late11:46
persiaAh, good.11:46
nisshhi was afk, my fault11:46
elkytick tock!11:46
persia[TOPIC] Membership application for Ryan Macnish11:46
MootBotNew Topic:  Membership application for Ryan Macnish11:46
nisshhmy intro11:46
nisshhmy wiki page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RyanMacnish11:47
nisshh1 sec, im lagging11:47
nisshhI applied for membership because i have been a user of and contributor to Ubuntu for a while now (nearly two years) and i thought it was about the right time for me. I have contributed to various projects, most notably the Ubuntu Manual Project, but also others including Quickly, Quickly Widgets and of course Ubuntu itself.11:48
nisshhOther things i have done include bug triaging, new Ubuntu release testing and testing new versions of some applications. I have also written my own app called Pytask which is hosted on launchpad, it is similar to GTG although much simpler.11:48
* lifeless is ready to vote11:48
nisshhI am also active on the Ubuntu Forums and on IRC, participate and help out wherever and whenever i can with the AU LoCo, and am planning to eventually get myself to a linux related event somewhere in Australia, whether it be linux.conf.au or something else. I also hope to get to UDS one day.11:48
* huayra has to admit that a renewal process made me think a lot and helped me get focus of what I want to achieve in my next membership cycle. The council should probably consider to have a review of members and at least ask for a write up?11:48
nisshhthats it11:48
salimanebye everybody, i enjoyed the small talk,  i'll be back though :)11:48
* Vantrax notes recommendations by Ben Humphrey and Rick Spencer.11:49
elkyhuayra, thats almost 700 members to review...11:49
nisshhVantrax: yes, im more prepared this time :)11:49
Vantraxhuayra: I think that is a good idea, but possibly impractical:P11:49
persianisshh, Welcome back.  What's most different since we saw you last?11:49
nisshhpersia: well, one, im actually prepared this time11:49
persiahuats, Vantrax: could we stick to topic?  Some are short on time (sorry)11:49
nisshhand i have also done some more bug triaging11:50
huayrawe should probably at least encourage people to do it for themselves ;) Thx for your time and sorry for the confusion.11:50
nisshhand some more work on both Ubuntu Manuals11:50
Vantraxand more testimonials11:50
nisshhbut iv also been busy with TAFE work, so not alot11:50
nisshhyes Vantrax :)11:50
elkyReady to vote.11:51
Vantraxi am11:51
* vish cheers for nisshh 11:51
* nisshh crosses his fingers11:51
* elky prods persia11:52
persiaAny questions not answered last meeting that don't have answers in the wiki update?  Anyone?11:52
Vantraxhiya popey, did you have something to say, or just waving:P11:52
lifelesspersia: ?11:52
persiaAny more questions?11:52
elkyI'm ready to vote.11:52
lifeless22:49  * lifeless is ready to vote11:52
persia[VOTE] Confirm Ryan MacNish as an Ubuntu member11:52
MootBotPlease vote on:  Confirm Ryan MacNish as an Ubuntu member.11:52
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot11:52
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting11:52
persialifeless, Sorry.  missed that (so early)11:52
lifelesspersia: de nada11:53
popey+1 I am impressed that you're focussing on a small number of specific projects and doing them well.11:53
MootBot+1 received from popey. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 111:53
MootBot+1 received from lifeless. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 211:53
MootBot+1 received from Vantrax. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 311:53
MootBot+1 received from persia. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 411:53
Vantraxglad you came back11:53
MootBot+1 received from elky. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 511:53
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 511:53
elkySorry, was packing bag11:54
* elky flees11:54
persianisshh, Congratulations.11:54
persiaelky, Have a good night11:54
VantraxWell done11:54
Vantraxsee you elky11:54
nisshhthanks guys and girls :)11:54
vishnisshh: wers: congrats! :)11:54
werscongrats nisshh ! :D11:54
wersthanks vish ! :)11:54
nisshhthanks wers11:54
nisshhthanks vish11:54
popeythanks everyone!11:55
persiaOK.  That7s about it.11:55
persiaThanks popey for stepping in.11:55
MootBotMeeting finished at 05:55.11:55
Vantraxas a side note11:55
wersthanks again! :)11:55
Vantraxim putting the request out for 2 more in the asian timezones and 3 in the pacific11:56
Vantraxbased on our current attendance that should give us good coverage for the meetings11:56
persiaWe don't need 5 more folks, really.11:56
* nigelb notes qorum would go higher.11:57
persiaPlus, where we really need folks is UTC+5:30, not so much easterly.11:57
Vantraxwe do if we have a meeting 1 hours earlier, and 2 later.11:57
persiayeah, that would be bad.11:57
Vantraxpersia/nigelb no change to quorum11:57
persia2 later is still questionable for "evening" in +5:3011:57
Vantraxsabfl and CC approved it11:57
* persia grumbles, but doesn't have the time to fix this now. more pacific people just fails to help at all11:58
Vantraxyeah, would need to be 3 hours wouldnt it11:58
Vantraxpersia: thats the point of discussing it11:58
Vantraxwe can discuss on list i think11:58
persiaThat would probably be better.  We now have two *different* solutions approved by the CC :)11:59
nigelbheh, now that confusing.11:59
lifelesslets go for three11:59
persiaextra points?11:59
Vantraxyeah:P The current recommendation is to expand the team, run two meetings each with a quorum of 411:59
nigelbso you need 1 more or 3 more to make it even.12:00
persiaThat was the last one as well, but the last one called for more +5:30 folks, and no more pacific folks (as we have too many).12:00
persiaAnyway, on-list.  Our hour is up.12:00
Vantraxhrm, yes12:00
Vantraxto the list:P12:00
=== xfaf is now known as zul
costalesHi! I have a tecnical problem with my wiki. How could help me?12:40
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
ograNCommander, ??14:00
MootBotMeeting started at 08:01. The chair is NCommander.14:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]14:01
* GrueMaster yawns14:01
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/2010083114:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/2010083114:01
NCommander[topic] NCommander to unbreak apport retracer (c/o)14:01
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to unbreak apport retracer (c/o)14:01
NCommander[topic] NCommander to discuss with linaro and asac on improved-generic-subarch-support14:02
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to discuss with linaro and asac on improved-generic-subarch-support14:02
ograroll call perhaps ?14:02
ogradont always rush so fast :)14:02
NCommander[topic] NCommander to clean out the stale dove alternates14:02
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to clean out the stale dove alternates14:02
NCommander[topic] NCommander to smoke test ubuntu-server dove alternates14:02
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to smoke test ubuntu-server dove alternates14:02
ograNCommander, the ww dir on antimony still looks really odd14:02
NCommander[topic] NCommander to flush antimony's expired images14:03
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to flush antimony's expired images14:03
NCommanderpostponed until after beta14:03
NCommanderogra: ogra in what way?14:03
ograerr, not the www one, the scratch one14:04
NCommanderogra: scratch needs a flush handle attached to it :-)14:04
ograogra@antimony:~$ ls /srv/cdimage.ubuntu.com/scratch/ubuntu-netbook/14:04
ogradaily-live  ports_daily  ports_daily-live  ports_daily-preinstalled  ports_preinstalled  ports_preinstalled-live14:04
NCommanderogra: I'll investigate14:04
NCommander[topic] standing items14:04
MootBotNew Topic:  standing items14:04
ograNCommander, also how is the work going with adding the manifest files for preinstalled builds ?14:05
ograi know GrueMaster is waiting for that eagerly14:05
NCommanderogra: low enough on my TDOD that I won't hold your breath14:05
ogra(you said you'd care for it last meeting)14:05
NCommanderSomeone else is going to have to fix it, or its going to have to wait14:05
ograhmm, you sounded differently last week, ok14:06
NCommanderI have no way of testing cdimage changes locally, and I rather not subject antimony to coding directly on it14:06
* ogra does that ... ist bzr, you can roll back if your test build doesnt succeed14:06
ograjust dont do it during a milestone14:07
NCommanderogra: also, working on antimony from here requires 1-2 minuts to type a command due to lag14:07
ograoh, its his fault ?14:07
NCommander(sometimes its slightly better)14:07
NCommander[link] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile.html14:07
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile.html14:07
GrueMasterSure, blame it on the aussie.14:07
NCommander[link] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile-ubuntu-10.10-beta.html14:08
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile-ubuntu-10.10-beta.html14:08
ograpersia, how is the work on your last two items going ? did you polish the spirals ?14:08
persiaI haven't tried a run since Thursday, which crashed fairly badly.  I'm hoping to get back to it in the next day or two (but have some testing to do first)14:09
ograk, probably re-target the items then14:09
persiaI'll do that now.14:09
persiaThe other one I can do for beta, if I prioritise it (and I will)14:10
NCommander[link] http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/team-assigned/canonical-mobile-assigned-bug-tasks.html14:11
MootBotLINK received:  http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/team-assigned/canonical-mobile-assigned-bug-tasks.html14:11
ograNCommander, bug 513728 ??14:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 513728 in erlang (Ubuntu) "[arm] needs porting to thumb2" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51372814:11
ogrado you still plan to do that ?14:11
NCommanderNo time.14:11
ograunassign it then :)14:12
ograbug 435046 is something i thought was solved long ago14:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 435046 in linux-mvl-dove (Ubuntu) "Ethernet port on the dove sometimes changes MAC addresses" [Medium,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/43504614:12
persiaogra, I can't retarget it, but there's lots else TODO, and assigned to folks with no-time-before-beta, so I'm fairly confident it will move.14:12
NCommanderit was solved by ignoring it14:12
ograNCommander, there are a bunch of other thumb2 bugs assigned to you it seems14:12
GrueMasterI haven't seen it in a while.  My system is assigned an IP from the dhcp server based on mac addr.14:13
ograpersia, you should be able to re-target the sigle items on the whiteboard14:13
ograGrueMaster, NCommander, well, then someone should close it :)14:13
NCommandercan I move on?14:14
persiaogra, That spec isn't organised like that :)14:14
ograheh, ok14:14
ograNCommander, yup14:14
ograplease everybody check that list and see if the bugs you are assigned to are still valid14:15
NCommanderlag sucks14:16
NCommander(as in latency, not lag the enginneer)14:16
NCommander(sorry lag)14:16
NCommander[topic] Kernel Status (cooloney, mpoirier, lag)14:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Status (cooloney, mpoirier, lag)14:16
lag * Marvel (mvl-dove)14:16
lag   * MISC     : Now we have both mvl-dove branch in lucid and maverick, though it's moved straight14:16
lag                from lucid to maverick (so it's 2.6.32 based) - thanks Tim/Brad/Andy Leann for this14:16
lag   * MISC     : Received LSP 5.3.3 from Marvell, 23 patches, some are minor feature change and do not14:16
lag                qualify as SRU, will send my preliminary review out soon14:16
lag * Freescale (fsl-imx51)14:16
lag   * Nothing new this week14:16
lag * Texas Instruments (ti-omap)14:16
lag   * REBASE   : Updated to TI OMAP4 2.6.35 based kernel release, 2.6.35-903.8 was uploaded14:16
lag   * PATCH    : B613855 BB XM always boots with MMC as read-only due to incorrect GPIO settings14:16
lag   * ON GOING : B608266 fix submitted and accepted - still waiting for mobile team to test14:16
lag   * ON GOING : B563650 problem is not related to DPMS, but with VT driver entering power saving mode14:17
lag   * NEW      : B624652 new Panda version (ES2.0) needs a working bootloader14:17
ograbug 613855 should be fixed, no ?14:17
ubottuLaunchpad bug 613855 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "omap3 beagle XM MMC card always comes up readonly" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61385514:17
ograyeah, says fix released14:17
GrueMasterAnd it works here.14:18
lagWhen was that marked fixed released?14:18
lagHold ot14:18
ograbug 624652 is only paperwork, i think rsalveti has a working x-loader and the linaro omap4 u-boot shoudl work too14:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 624652 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu) "Panda ES2.0: No working bootloader" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62465214:18
lagThat's why it's marked as PATCH14:18
ogralag, it was marked fix released when the upload happened :)14:18
lagogra: It still needs to be done14:19
* ogra wonders which bug we are currently talking about :)14:19
rsalvetiogra: yep, just waiting the 1gb patch to get accepted at gitorious tree14:19
lagogra: The paperwork ..14:19
rsalvetiand then we can just update the package14:19
ogralag, ah, yeah14:19
rsalvetiso it can be used by default for es2.014:19
lagGood stuff14:19
rsalvetibut also noticed they created a different patch for es2.0 8 layers :-(14:19
lagLet me know when it's fixed14:19
ograrsajdok, did you test with the linaro u-boot ?14:20
rsalvetiso will follow that later on to understand why14:20
ograon es214:20
rsalvetiogra: not yet14:20
rsalvetiogra: it's on my todo list, also a request from sakoman14:20
ograwe'll need to notify jcrigby if we see issues14:20
lagNow who has tab issues14:21
rsalvetisakoman is looking forward to our test results14:21
ograno hurry though14:21
ograits post beta stuff ... if we know during next week thats fine i guess14:21
lagI need to speak to sakoman14:21
rsalvetisure, np14:22
ogralag, we wont stop you :)14:22
lagogra: Let me know when you have his attention14:22
ograhe is in #ubuntu-arm, feel free to do it yourself ;)14:22
NCommandercan I move on?14:23
NCommander[topic] QA Status (GrueMaster)14:24
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Status (GrueMaster)14:24
GrueMasterImages are once again booting.14:25
ograthe session should be fine too now14:25
GrueMasterBut I am now seeing an odd behavior.  After oem-config runs, the system comes up ok.  But if I reboot, the system hangs.14:25
rsalveticool :-)14:25
rsalvetiGrueMaster: beagle? panda?14:25
GrueMasterJust noticed this late in the evening, and haven't had a chance to explore it.14:26
lagGrueMaster: I have the opposite problem14:26
GrueMasterBeagle & Panda.14:26
NCommanderGrueMaster: how ar ethings w/ dove?14:26
ograpanda works fine here since we switched u-boot14:26
lagWhich uboot are we now using?14:26
rsalvetiwell, didn't test with today's image, but tested yesterday on beagle and panda14:26
lagWhen was the switch?14:26
ogralag, linaros for omap414:27
GrueMasterMy BeagleXM hangs during boot before oem-config runs, with an alsa-utils error.  Same sd card w/o changes works fine on Beagle.14:27
rsalvetiworked fine on both14:27
ogralag, before beta freeze14:27
lagCan someone send me a copy?14:27
ogralag, of what ?14:27
rsalvetilag: grab from the package14:27
lagThe u-boot.bin you're using14:27
rsalvetior from the latest image :-)14:27
GrueMasterDove fails to load the desktop/installer.  hangs in X w/ background.  I believe it may be trying to load the 3D stuff (clutter).  Will explore today.14:28
* ogra wonders if we should switch omap3 too to not have to maintain the same stuff twice 14:28
ograGrueMaster, thats very likely since it doesnt use jasper14:28
* NCommander rips his hair out.14:29
ograand the netbook images have no concept of switching the session at all14:29
NCommanderogra: ok, how do I get it to use 2D launcher?14:29
ograso if you dont use jasper you are doomed to use unity14:29
ograNCommander, look at the jasper-initramfs code14:29
GrueMasterogra: Shouldn't that be added to the netbook-efl-settings postinstall script or something?14:29
ograGrueMaster, no14:29
rsalvetiogra: I think we should, it works fine14:30
ograGrueMaster, then it would switch back and forth depending on the order if the settings packages being installed14:30
ograi discussed that several times with didrocks, there is no proper way to do it14:30
GrueMasterWell, it should be somewhere in the image build process, and not some hackery in the preboot scripts.14:30
ograit *doesnt* work if you have both installed14:31
persia"doomed to use unity" doesn't seem right.  Can we avoid that phrasing?14:31
ograpersia, i'm trying to ... :P14:31
ograGrueMaster, all you can do is to select the right session at gdm14:31
GrueMasterDoesn't help for the live image.14:32
ograubuntu-netbook had a fallback concept in the past14:32
NCommanderWhoever decided that we needed a script to decide how Unity is loaded (or not loaded) has in inhertantly broken design14:32
ograbut the desktoip team decided it would be bad to have that if the UIs dont lkook the same14:32
NCommanderIt needs to work automatically, or we need two seeds.14:32
ograNCommander, talk to didrocks14:32
ograor the desktop team in general14:32
* ogra had the discussion several times since before the sprint ... all they agreed on was a popup message telling you that you have to switch the session manually14:33
ograin case unity comes up with no GL support14:33
GrueMasterWhich we don't even have that yet.14:33
ogradidrocks has a task for it14:33
NCommandercan I move on?14:34
NCommander[topic] ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:34
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:34
NCommanderNothing to report on my end.14:34
dyfetwe got telepathy-glib unblocked, though there were some questions remaining14:34
ogradyfet, how goes commons-daemon ?14:34
dyfetbut we were as noted able to get images to build :).  And yes, I got commons-daemon to build14:35
ograyes, i know i uploaded the telepathy-glib workaround ....14:35
* persia filed a sync request last week for commons-daemon14:35
dyfetand kdebindings is unblocked too14:35
dyfetBut I found a new problem effecting rebuilds14:35
dyfetautomoc now crashes for me14:35
dyfetI documented it last night14:36
ogradyfet, bug 62397914:36
ubottuLaunchpad bug 623979 in telepathy-glib (Ubuntu) "telepathy-glib fails to build on armel due to two unsuccessfull selftests" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62397914:36
ogracould you take care for talking to upstream about it ?14:36
ograseb128 asked that upstream fixes it properly14:36
dyfetI no longer have the self tests fail14:36
ogracan you read the bug first ?14:36
Riddelldyfet: a new problem in kdebindings?14:36
dyfetwe need to figure out why it happens on your box and the porters box, ogra14:37
dyfet(still happens)14:37
dyfetRiddell: no, a problem with automoc14:37
dyfet(new problem)14:37
ogradyfet, well, then research it, you have access to the porter box14:37
dyfetokay, fair enough14:37
Riddelldyfet: it crashes during build?14:37
dyfetautomoc fails when used to build other packages14:38
dyfetso its blocking rebuilding other kde packages in universe for maverick14:39
dyfetbut if NCommander needs to move forward, we can discuss after the meeting14:40
NCommanderLets move forward14:41
NCommander[action] dyfet and Riddell to cooridinate on automoc14:42
MootBotACTION received:  dyfet and Riddell to cooridinate on automoc14:42
NCommander[topic] ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)14:42
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)14:42
NCommanderthey exist14:42
NCommanderdove ones are broken. Will work with ogra on how we can force the session to 2D only on dove14:42
ograomap should be fine14:42
* NCommander is very annoyed that the autodetection was removed14:42
NCommanderdove server ones should also be fine.14:42
ograNCommander, unity is written from scratch14:43
ogranothing was "removed" :)14:43
NCommanderIt was there, then it wasn't there14:43
NCommanderThat sure sounds like the definition of removed14:43
ograand as i said above, desktop team a) refuses to have a differently looking 2D fallback ... and b) session handling is all in gdm now14:44
persiaRather, the folks that implemented the netbook solution didn't have time to port it to unity for maverick, and nobody else picked up the work.14:44
persiaogra: a) isn't true: it's a time availability thing.14:44
ograpersia, as far as i understood its not wanted14:44
ograat least thats what i was told several times now14:44
persiaNot considered critical != not wanted.14:44
ograbut as i said, feel free to talk to them yourself14:44
persiaOr we've received different information.14:44
* persia did, a few times, or wouldn't be commenting14:44
ografunny that we did get different info then14:45
NCommander[topic] Any Other Business14:45
MootBotNew Topic:  Any Other Business14:45
* ogra will be away today after the meeting14:46
ograjust FYI14:46
persiaA couple things.14:46
persia1) The #ubuntu-mobile channel is no more (it was entirely unused, as far as I could tell)14:46
persia2) kubuntu-mobile images are available for omap3, and the kubuntu-mobile folks could use help testing, if anyone has hardware/time.14:47
ograwohoo !14:47
GrueMasterI have been trying the kubuntu-mobile images as time allows.14:47
ian_brasil__GrueMaster: with success?14:48
GrueMasterNot yet.  Oem-config crashed, but I had to move back to our images due to XM issues.14:49
ograian_brasil__, i doubt normal beagles will be great for testing them (256M only)14:49
GrueMasterWill track it down today.14:49
ograyou should make clear to recommend to use them only on XM14:49
* ogra doubts kubuntu will be less RAM hungry than ubuntu-netbook here14:49
ian_brasil__ogra: we work on this for Natty14:50
ograwell, for natty you will have the XM in production out there, 512M should be fine for either of the images14:50
ograthe larger community will only have beagle Cx boards during maverick though ... thats likely to have OOM issues14:51
persiaThere's also the requirement for accelerated graphics...14:51
ian_brasil__regarding the images ...we want to file MIR bugs for packages currently in universe which  should be in the image ...these are kubuntu-mobile-default-settings , plasma-mobile and kdepim-mobile..rbelem offered to maintain them and riddell/ScottK will sponsor them.14:52
ograoh, there is ?14:53
ograwe dont have any drivers in the archive14:53
* ogra thought kubuntu-mobile can run without 3D accel14:53
persiaIt can, but ...14:53
persiaian_brasil__, I thought there already was MIR for plasma-mobile and kubuntu-mobile-default-settings.14:54
ian_brasil__yes..i am keeping people in the loop14:54
persiaOK.  I feared I'd lost track :)14:55
RiddellI was expecting plasma-mobile and kubuntu-mobile-default-settings to remain in universe this cycle14:55
persiaRiddell, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kubuntu-meta/+bug/626543 has some of the discussion of what is required if the MIRs are not completed.  ScottK suggested a few MIRs might be less invasive.14:57
ubottuLaunchpad bug 626543 in kubuntu-meta (Ubuntu) "kubuntu-mobile should be built against universe" [Undecided,New]14:57
persiaDoesn't much matter which approach is taken, really.14:57
ian_brasil__the requirement for main is maintained and supported ..since we have both maybe main is ok since it makes cdimage happier14:58
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
ograit surely makes NCommander happier :)14:58
Riddellmm yes, I remember14:58
ograsince he fiddles with the build scripts for it14:58
persiaian_brasil__, cdimage works against universe, but we incorrectly assumed that we could have one seed collection handle both universe and main images.14:58
ograbut iirc you can build images from universe14:58
ograxubuntu does that all the time14:58
persiaogra, Only with a universe seed.14:59
persia(and requires LP changes, etc.)14:59
ian_brasil__ogra: you cannot mix seeds14:59
* ogra didnt know that, i never built images from universe ... 14:59
NCommanderpersia: ?, what was the issue with universe images?14:59
NCommanderIt built fine with packages from universe14:59
persiaogra, We all just discovered it in the past couple days.14:59
ograluckily edubuntu decided to do that after i left :)14:59
persiaNCommander, ogre-model on task generation14:59
persiaOh, and ogre-model on metapackage build.14:59
NCommanderI'm afraid I might be missing something15:00
ograNCommander, its like an onion you know :)15:00
persiaogra, edubuntu wouldn't be affected, as it was a clean transition: the issue is that kubuntu can't have *both* main and universe images.  needs two seed collections.15:00
ograpersia, yeah, understood15:00
ograme points out that we're over time15:01
ogranot sure there is another meeting now though15:01
persiaAnyway, two ways to sort it: the MIR folk and the cdimage folk can argue about who wants less inconvenience.  If ian_brasil__ and rbelem keep up the interest they've shown the last 2 cycles, I don't think main ought be an issue.15:01
* persia stops15:01
ogramove to #ubuntu-arm ;)15:01
ograNCommander, kill it !15:02
davidmNCommander, ???15:02
MootBotMeeting finished at 09:03.15:03
* NCommander is dealing with a serious internet blink blink blink issue tonight15:03
* ari-tczew is going for dinner, then be ready for meeting.15:28
costalesWho can I help me with a wiki.ubuntu.com bug?15:36
LjLcostales: perhaps better to ask in #ubuntu-doc15:37
costalesthanks ;) LjL15:37
leoquantcostales your wiki page is "gone"?15:49
costalesI can't revert the version15:49
leoquantstrange, it was up and running15:49
costalesI can't revert to rev. 562115:49
costalesI'm in #ubuntu-doc15:50
leoquantgood luck there!15:50
=== JanC_ is now known as JanC
* persia peers about16:00
persiaOK.  That's two.  Need a couple more...16:02
persiasoren: Up for being chair this week?16:02
ari-tczewagain there are not enough people for meeting?16:04
sorenpersia: sorry, no. I know I'll be interrupted and I have to leave early.16:05
sorenpersia: There's a reason I want this meeting moved. :)16:06
persiacody-somerville: about?16:06
persiageser seems away just now.  stgraber sends apologies.  nixternal is patiently waiting for new member selection, and the last of us is busy preparing beta.16:07
persiacody-somerville: Up for chairing?16:07
sorenAre we even quorate?16:07
persia(note that we're still short one: my preference is to wait a bit for geser, unless I missed something)16:07
persiasoren: We could be, if we were willing to delay beta16:07
cody-somervillepersia, you're much more effective at it16:08
soren*shrug* :)16:08
persiacody-somerville: I'm good during the meeting.  I'm lousy afterwards.  Want to share?16:08
cody-somervillepersia, No... but I will ;)16:08
cody-somervilleari-tczew, *agian*... we're almost always quorate.16:09
persiacody-somerville: Great!16:09
* cody-somerville probably should have put a question mark after the '*again*'.16:09
persiaSo let's give geser another few minutes (until :15), and then interrupt as required to move on.16:10
ari-tczewcoolbhavi should be around on this meeting?16:11
ari-tczewor is it not necessary?16:12
persiaari-tczew: Not necessary.16:12
persiacjwatson, Apologies, but we're not quorate without you, if you can spare some time.16:15
ari-tczewcan I ask what is it? Review Marco Rodrigues participation in Ubuntu Development16:17
ari-tczewwho is around from DMB? persia, cody-somerville?16:19
persiaand soren.16:19
* soren too16:19
ari-tczewbut soren wrote that he have to go16:19
sorenEarly. Not immediately.16:19
soren~40 minutes from now.16:20
persiaari-tczew, https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2008-January/003067.html is the other side of the agenda item you asked about.16:20
ari-tczewMOTU council was replaced by DMB right?16:22
sorenSort of.16:22
persiaNot precisely, but many of the functions of the MC are now administered by the DMB16:22
soren...and the MC does not exist anmore.16:23
sorenDMB does stuff the MC did not, and the MC did stuff the DMB does not.16:23
persiarather, at this time (it may exist in the future, but there aren't currently any efforts to create it)16:23
persiaOK.  We're running out of time, and still have no quorum.  I'll run through a non-quoarate meeting.16:24
persiaApologies to ari-tczew, angelabad, Kmos16:25
MootBotMeeting started at 10:25. The chair is persia.16:25
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:25
persia[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda16:25
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda16:25
ari-tczewso what's going on now?16:25
ari-tczewapplication won't be reviewed?16:25
persia[TOPIC] Review of Action Items16:25
MootBotNew Topic:  Review of Action Items16:25
persiamathiaz to transfer ownership of ~ubuntu-server-dev to the DMB16:26
persiapersia to call for remaining votes for coolbhavi's application16:26
persiaDONE : still pending one vote, I'll repeat the action, and ensure I have the vote within the next fortnight.16:26
persiacjwatson to initiate discussion of different meeting times[16:26
persiaDONE : current candidate is rotating meetings 12:00/19:00 UTC Mondays, but not yet confirmed by a quorum of the DMB.16:27
persia[TOPIC] Applications16:27
MootBotNew Topic:  Applications16:27
persiaWe're unquorate, so cannot take any decisions: all applications will be postponed until the next meeting (again, apologies)16:27
ari-tczewwhen is next meeting?16:28
persiaSeptember 13th or 14th.  We're more likely to be quorate the 13th, but might do the 14th to preserve continuity.  We'll certainly let folks know RSN.16:28
persia[TOPIC] Anything else?16:29
MootBotNew Topic:  Anything else?16:29
angelabadops, I think I will be impossible to be in that meeting16:29
persiaangelabad, Sorry.  We'll try to figure something out.16:29
persiaOK.  Nothing else.16:30
angelabadpersia, ok16:30
ari-tczewI have very good lucky!16:30
MootBotMeeting finished at 10:30.16:30
persiaFastest meeting ever, but somehow unsatisfying :(16:31
ari-tczewyea, like it16:32
ari-tczewpersia, I see that Marco Rodrigues is not in any important team.16:32
ari-tczewe.g. he is not in MOTU16:32
ari-tczewok, not my case16:33
* persia isn't sure how this is relevant, nor why it belongs in -meeting when the meeting is concluded.16:33
ari-tczewok, going out to take relax. perhaps we will got full meeting in future. regards!16:34
cjwatsonargh.  sorry, I was on the phone and missed this.16:37
* geser is sorry for being late16:37
angelabadNow there is quorum?16:39
persiaWhy so there is, but only for ~20 minutes.16:40
angelabadoh! ari-tczew is gone16:40
persiaAnd unfortunately, our first up is ari-tczew, who left :(16:40
persiaAny opinions?  Shall I re-open the meeting to look at (2) and (3) (if we can conclude in 20 minutes)?16:40
cody-somervilleI have to go very soon and I think soren does as well.16:41
persiaThat's what I thought.16:41
persiageser, cjwatson: Thanks for stopping by, but I think we can't finish within our timeslot.16:42
cjwatsonsorry again16:44
cjwatson(though I did warn by mail that I probably wouldn't be able to make it due to beta prep; I mention this purely for the record since the dmb list is private)16:45
persiacjwatson, Indeed.  That's why you didn't get pinged until :15, as it was felt you were busy.16:46
persia(see comment at :07 if you're very curious)16:46
JFonice dance moves everyone18:00
* ogasawara waves18:00
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:00
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick18:00
MootBotMeeting started at 12:00. The chair is ogasawara.18:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]18:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick18:00
ogasawara# NOTE: '..' indicates that you are finished with your input.18:00
ogasawara[TOPIC] ARM Status (lag)18:00
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Status (lag)18:00
lag * Marvel (mvl-dove)18:00
lag   * MISC     : Now we have both mvl-dove branch in lucid and maverick, though it's moved straight18:00
lag                from lucid to maverick (so it's 2.6.32 based) - thanks Tim/Brad/Andy Leann for this18:00
lag   * MISC     : Received LSP 5.3.3 from Marvell, 23 patches, some are minor feature change and do not18:00
lag                qualify as SRU, will send my preliminary review out soon18:00
lag * Freescale (fsl-imx51)18:00
lag   * Nothing new this week18:00
lag * Texas Instruments (ti-omap)18:00
lag   * REBASE   : Updated to TI OMAP4 2.6.35 based kernel release, 2.6.35-903.8 was uploaded18:00
lag   * PATCH    : B613855 BB XM always boots with MMC as read-only due to incorrect GPIO settings18:00
lag   * ON GOING : B608266 fix submitted and accepted - still waiting for mobile team to test18:00
lag   * ON GOING : B563650 problem is not related to DPMS, but with VT driver entering power saving mode18:00
lag   * NEW      : B624652 new Panda version (ES2.0) needs a working bootloader18:00
ogasawara[TOPIC] Release Metrics: (JFo)18:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Release Metrics: (JFo)18:01
JFoRelease Meeting Bugs (6 bugs, 9 Blueprints)18:01
JFo==== Beta Milestoned Bugs (12 across all packages (down 19)) ====18:01
JFo * 1 linux kernel bugs (down 1)18:01
JFo * 0 linux-fsl-imx51 bugs (no change)18:01
JFo * 0 linux-ec2 bugs (no change)18:01
JFo * 0 linux-mvl-dove bugs (no change)18:01
JFo * 0 linux-ti-omap bugs (no change)18:01
JFo * 0 linux-meta-ti-omap bug (no change)18:01
JFo==== Release Targeted Bugs (142 across all packages (up 14)) ====18:01
JFo * 12 linux kernel bugs (down 5)18:01
JFo * 1 linux-fsl-imx51 bugs (no change)18:01
JFo * 0 linux-ec2 bugs (no change)18:01
JFo * 3 linux-mvl-dove bugs (up 1)18:01
JFo * 1 linux-ti-omap bugs (no change)18:01
JFo * 0 linux-meta-ti-omap bug (no change)18:02
JFo==== Milestoned Features ====18:02
JFo * 13 blueprints (Including HWE Blueprints)18:02
JFo==== Bugs with Patches Attached:118 (down 1) ====18:02
JFo * [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.has_patch=on | Bugs with Patches]]18:02
JFo * [[http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/csv-stats/bugs-with-patches/linux/ | Breakdown by status]]18:02
ogasawara[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bug-handling (JFo)18:02
ogasawara[LINK] https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bug-handling18:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bug-handling (JFo)18:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bug-handling18:02
JFoNothing to report... yet18:03
JFomuch coming soonish18:03
ogasawara[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation (cking)18:03
ogasawara[LINK] https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation18:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation (cking)18:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation18:03
ckingno change (been on vacation)18:03
ogasawara[TOPIC] Status: Maverick (ogasawara)18:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Maverick (ogasawara)18:03
ogasawaraSome armel udebs were accidentally removed from the archive over the weekend.  As a result, it was easiest to just upload a 2.6.35-19.28 kernel to re-generate the missing udebs.  There is no real change in code.18:03
ogasawaraBeta Freeze is in effect as the Maverick Beta release is this Thurs Sept 2nd.  That means no kernel uploads without the approval of the release team until after the Beta release.  Also, keep in mind that Kernel Freeze is Thurs Sept 16th, ie ~2weeks away.  Remember after Kernel Freeze, we transition to our SRU policy in order to apply patches.18:03
ogasawaraWe are above our Beta burn down chart's trend line.  I'll be re-targetting beta work items to the final release milestone tomorrow.  Looking ahead towards our final release, we need to start closing out all remaining open work items to ensure we stay below the overall burn down chart.18:04
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team-ubuntu-10.10-beta.html18:04
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick#Milestone ubuntu-10.10-beta18:04
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team-ubuntu-10.10-beta.html18:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick#Milestone ubuntu-10.10-beta18:04
ogasawara[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)18:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)18:05
smb|                   || Upd./Sec.     || Proposed      || TiP || Verified    ||18:05
smb|| Dapper: Kernel    || 2.6.15-55.87  ||               ||     ||             ||18:05
smb|| Hardy:  Kernel    || 2.6.24-28.77  || (pending)     ||     ||             ||18:05
smb|| Jaunty: Kernel    || 2.6.28-19.64  ||               ||     ||             ||18:05
smb|| Karmic: Kernel    || 2.6.31-22.63  || 2.6.31-22.64  ||   7 ||  0/ 4       ||18:05
smb|| =       mvl-dove  || 2.6.31-214.30 || 2.6.31-214.31 ||   7 ||  0/ 4       ||18:05
smb|| =       fsl-imx51 || 2.6.31-112.28 ||               ||     ||             ||18:05
smb|| =       ec2       || 2.6.31-307.17 || 2.6.31-307.18 ||   7 ||  0/ 4       ||18:05
smb|| Lucid:  Kernel    || 2.6.32-24.42  || (pending)     ||     ||             ||18:05
smb|| =       LBM       || 2.6.32-24.17  || (pending)     ||     ||             ||18:05
smb|| =       mvl-dove  || 2.6.32-209.25 ||               ||     ||             ||18:05
smb|| =       fsl-imx51 || 2.6.31-608.19 ||               ||     ||             ||18:05
smb|| =       ti-omap   || 2.6.33-502.10 ||               ||     ||             ||18:05
smb|| =       ec2       || 2.6.32-308.15 ||               ||     ||             ||18:05
smbLucid 2.6.32-24.42 has moved to updates just today. Uploaded 2.6.32-25.43 which contains the accumulated upstream stable releases until but currently excludes the drm portions.18:05
smbWe are in the process to collect those drm patches since the end of 2.6.33.y18:05
smbthat look good for stable backports.18:05
smbRebased uploads for Lucid-ec2 and Lucid-mvl-dove will follow shortly.18:05
ogasawara[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)18:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)18:06
JFoIncoming Bugs18:06
JFo368 Maverick Bugs (up 44)18:06
JFo958 Lucid Bugs (up 43)18:06
JFoCurrent regression stats (broken down by release):18:06
JFo==== regression-potential ====18:06
JFo  * 178 maverick bugs (up 20)18:06
JFo  * 162 lucid bugs (up 3: to be converted to regression-release)18:06
JFo==== regression-update ====18:06
JFo  * 43 lucid bugs (up 1)18:06
JFo  * 7 karmic bugs (up 1)18:06
JFo  * 4 jaunty bugs (no change)18:06
JFo  * 0 hardy bug (down 1)18:06
JFo==== regression-release ====18:06
JFo  * 167 lucid bugs (up 11)18:06
JFo  * 37 karmic bugs (down 1)18:06
JFo  * 18 jaunty bugs (up 1)18:06
JFo  * 3 hardy bugs (up 1)18:06
JFo==== regression-proposed ====18:07
JFo  * 4 lucid bugs (no change)18:07
JFo  * 1 karmic bug (no change)18:07
ogasawara[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)18:07
JFoNext week's bug day will be focused on bugs in the Triaged state. We will work through getting them tagged with the appropriate subsystem and make sure that the ones that need to be looked at more closely are tagged appropriately. We will continue to have the Team Bug Day to address the Top 50 list as half days on Friday and Monday. Reviewers, please take a look at your needs-review lists and help us keep the process moving. Please also take owner18:07
JFoship of your bugs as you work them so we can get them fixed or otherwise off the list. There are several subsystems owned by all that need to be reviewed for inclusion in our top 50 list.18:07
ogasawara[TOPIC] Triage Status (JFo)18:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Triage Status (JFo)18:08
JFoI have not taken the time this week to work with the kernel bug triagers, but I hope to do so this coming week.18:08
JFoI've been, and will need to continue, working on work items so that they are being closed out.18:08
JFoThere is much work being done, but some of them have required more than I was prepared for.18:08
JFoThe Triage Sumit will be on the 11th. I'm sending out e-mail on it today.18:08
ogasawaraJFo: if there are non-critical work items that you need to postpone, go ahead and do so.18:09
JFohad planned to do that yesterday18:09
JFowill do18:09
JFogoing through those today18:09
ogasawara[TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything?18:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion or Questions: Anyone have anything?18:09
ogasawaraI figured today's meeting would be rather short.18:10
ogasawaraSo if there's nothing else . . .18:10
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:11.18:11
JFothanks ogasawara18:11
ckingthanks ogasawara18:11
smbthanks ogasawara18:11
kamalogasawara: thanks18:11
JFonice hair SpamapS18:57
SpamapSI call it "eu-de-toilet-swirly-nuveau"18:57
hallynso unless Daviey's connection has improved, i guess i'm up today18:58
ttxSpamapS: I see your French did not improve yet18:58
SpamapSttx: non18:58
SpamapSmon Frances c'est merde18:59
jiboumansbon jour18:59
Davieythanks hallyn19:00
* mathiaz suggests to run the meeting in french19:00
ttxmathiaz: that's the only way for them to improve.19:00
jiboumansoui! # pronounced 'weh'19:00
hallynlaaten we het in vlaams doen19:00
jiboumanshallyn: goed plan sjefke!19:00
zulle purr19:00
zulle meow19:00
hallyn(think we've not heard from kirkland yet)19:00
MootBotMeeting started at 13:01. The chair is hallyn.19:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]19:01
hallyn[TOPIC] Review ACTION points from previous meeting19:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Review ACTION points from previous meeting19:01
hallynSpamapS to submit rubygems change proposal as Important bug in Debian and CC ubuntu-devel19:01
hallyndone, right?19:02
SpamapSsubmitted, discussion had, concensus reached...19:02
SpamapSrubygems 1.8 will not be changed19:02
SpamapS1.9.1 is being merged into ruby 1.919:02
SpamapSand will put gems in...... drum roll please19:02
SpamapSthis is huge19:02
jiboumans<------------ this big ------------>19:03
SpamapS^^ indeed19:03
ttxCongrats to SpamapS for passing his first consensus19:03
hallynthat was on the order of years right?19:03
Davieythree cheers for awesomeness19:03
* SpamapS will learn to spell it next. :)19:03
ttxI'd be so happy if only I didn't hate Ruby.19:03
Davieyhurding cats deserves praise :)19:03
SpamapSI cann't take credit here hto..19:03
SpamapSLucas Nussbaum was huge in this19:04
hallyncool.  moving on19:04
SpamapSI think we just brought the sway of the ruby community at the right time.19:04
hallynjjohansen to review bug 49315619:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 493156 in iotop (Ubuntu) "Please enable CONFIG_TASK_DELAY_ACCT" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49315619:04
hallyn(sorry, didn't mean to interrupt any revelry)19:04
jjohansenhrmm, I built test kernels with that but haven't submitted for sru yet19:05
SpamapShallyn: no we're done. :)19:05
jiboumansjjohansen: sweet.. i've actually run into a problem last week where exactly that would have let me diagnose it19:05
hallynis there any controversy over enabling them?  or is simply asking for sru the next step?19:05
jjohansenIt simply asking for SRU and providing tests, showing that it works19:06
jjohansenI need to attach the test kernels so we can get some people to pile on and claim it works for them ...19:06
hallyn[ACTION] jjohansen to provide tests for bug 582963 and request SRU19:07
MootBotACTION received:  jjohansen to provide tests for bug 582963 and request SRU19:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 582963 in Ubuntu Server papercuts "SSL pass phrase dialog can't read input" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58296319:07
hallynjjohansen: ^  is that ok?19:07
hallyn(mootbot keeps PMing me, i think it's stalking me)19:08
hallynmoving on then19:08
hallynzul to review papercut status of bug 58296319:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 582963 in Ubuntu Server papercuts "SSL pass phrase dialog can't read input" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58296319:08
hallynzul: and it's not a papercut?19:08
zulhallyn: its in apache right now19:08
hallynttx to make burnup charts available to people who want them19:09
ttxDone @ http://people.canonical.com/~ttx/current-milestone-progress.svg & refreshed hourly19:09
hggdhzul: there is a side effect of the SSL bug: bug 62714219:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 627142 in apache2 (Ubuntu) "Apache2 init.d script runs 'stty sane', which will fail on script runs" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62714219:09
zulhggdh: yeah im thinking of reverting it19:10
hallynhm, what do you do with the papercut if you revert the fix?19:10
ttxhallyn: the papercut cycle is over anyway19:11
hallynok :)19:11
hallyn[TOPIC] Maverick development (jib)19:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Maverick development (jib)19:11
jiboumansbeta cycle is winding down (ends this thursday)19:11
jiboumanswe're mostly on track with our blueprints; small postpones are expected, but nothing major19:11
jiboumansplease note that iso testing is coming up soon!19:12
jiboumansttx and I will be prepping the RC plan this week and finalizing it this friday19:12
ttxI can add a few details on the beta milestone remaining work19:12
jiboumansif there's anything you feel should be on our radars for RC, feel free to bring it up of course19:12
jiboumansso far, nothing alarming is on my radar, so it'll be mostly business as usual, with extra time for testing of course19:13
jiboumansttx: please go ahead19:13
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
ttxWe've looked into the beta-milestoned bugs with the assignees today19:13
ttxand we don't expect to respin for any of them19:13
ttxwe might have a new eucalyptus that would go in *if* the beta is respinned for any other reason19:13
ttxotherwise it will just be committed when the archive thaws19:14
ttxSo ISO testing can start today if you have spare cycles19:14
mathiazttx:  bug 62117519:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 621175 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "-virtual kernel contains too many modules" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62117519:14
ttxotherwise we'll cover it tomorrow.19:14
mathiazttx: ^^ this one makes the minimal virtual test case fail19:15
mathiazttx: not beta critical though19:15
* SpamapS hopes and prays that ceph doesn't get disabled again.19:15
hallynttx: would you say that should be an action item?19:15
ttxmathiaz: rigth, I don't expect the kernel to be reuploaded now -- good one to bring to jjohansen though19:15
jiboumanshallyn: iso testing is part of our work item blueprints19:15
ttxhallyn: ISO testing ? No, that would be redundant with the work items :)19:16
* mathiaz keeps it for later on19:16
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
ttxjiboumans: I've a few notes on the post-beta work as well19:16
jiboumansttx: please, go ahead19:16
ttxsome of you will still have some spec work19:16
ttxbut otherwise the focus is on Maverick bugs @19:16
ttxUnfortunately you can't filter that list of ubuntu-server things19:17
ttx(LP bug)19:17
ttxSo I publish an outofsync version @ https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/MaverickReleaseStatus19:17
ttxIf you look at that last one you'll see three levels of bugs19:17
jiboumansttx: would tagging be helpful for us there?19:18
ttxMilestoned bugs -- those have high priority19:18
ttxjiboumans: I've to look into automating the generation of this one, yes. tagging is one solution19:18
ttxhigh priority meaning, spec work is even secondary19:18
ttxthen you have "High, release targeted bugs"19:19
ttxthose are priority targets, but come after High priority spec work, if you follow me :)19:19
ttxand finally "Other release-targeted bugs"19:19
ttxwhich are targts of opportunity19:19
ttxThe first two categories have assignees19:19
mathiazttx: could you publish a prioritize list of things to do?19:19
ttxthe last one is free game19:19
mathiazttx: 1. work on bugs from this list19:20
mathiazttx: 2. work on high priority specs19:20
mathiazttx: 3. ...19:20
ttxmathiaz: I'll discuss it with you on 1:1s when I know your spec load19:20
mathiazttx: and so on19:20
ttxbecause some specs have higher prio than some bugs etc19:20
ttxBut the general idea is:19:21
ttx1. Milestoned bugs (if any assiged to you)19:21
ttx2. Spec work19:21
ttx3. High, release targeted bugs (if any assigned to you)19:21
ttx4. "Low" spec work19:21
ttx5. Other release-targeted bugs (free game)19:21
ttxmathiaz: if that answers your question19:22
mathiazttx: is this list specific to the RC cycle, or should it also be used during the other iterations?19:22
mathiazttx: yes - that is very useful information19:22
ttxmathiaz: actually, it can be used for all19:23
mathiazttx: to help figure out in which order things should be worked on19:23
ttxit's just that we don't expect so much free time to do (5) in non-RC cycles19:23
ttxbeta and Rc cycles provision /some/ time to do RC bugfixing19:23
mathiazttx: agreed - still it's useful information to help figure out what to work on :)19:23
hallynso milestoned bugs always are highest prio?  that actually is (refreshing) news to me, neat.19:24
ttxif you see anything missing from those lists, please let me know19:24
mathiazttx: this should probably be included in the personal view of the WI somehow19:24
ttxhallyn: yes, those are "must fix"19:24
jiboumansmathiaz: yup, agreed.. i think SpamapS is hacking on that actually19:24
SpamapSYeah I've been working on getting bug lists into those pages19:25
ttxI'm done, unless there are other questions19:25
SpamapSAt this point the limitation is people.canonical.com's lack of server side scripting (otherwise we have to pull down all of the bugs in maverick into sqlite)19:26
jiboumansspamaps: iframe, hoooo?19:26
jiboumansttx, thanks for that19:26
SpamapSjiboumans: http://spamaps.org/files/test.html19:26
* mathiaz is a fan of couchdb - everything should be in there19:26
SpamapSthat about as good as I can do w/ iframes. But we can continue that discussion later.19:26
lifelessmathiaz: as long as you have TB of disk19:27
SpamapSthats... ugh my typing is awful today.19:27
hallynjiboumans: did you have any more on the topic?19:27
jiboumanshallyn: nope, all done thanks19:27
hallyn[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)19:27
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)19:27
SpamapSlifeless: who doesn't have TB of disk these days? ;-)19:27
lifelessSpamapS: you'd be surprised.19:27
mathiazSpamapS: android phones?19:27
hggdhthis week I am pretty much dedicated to my other QA blueprints -- given that Eucalyptus has gone stable(r)19:28
zulSpamapS: i dont19:28
hallynany questions for hggdh in that case?19:28
lifelessSpamapS: after this meeting, please pop into #launhcpad-dev and chat about the bug lists you want, may be simpler to spit it straight of LP19:28
hggdhon the Qa front we are considering changing a bit the way the regression tags are used, and should have something soon for comments19:28
mathiazhggdh: I've (finally!!) written scripts for most of the -server iso test cases19:29
SpamapSlifeless: yes, I have some ideas for that as well for sure.19:29
hggdhapart from that... enjoying *not* running tests on euca, for a change ;-)19:29
mathiazhggdh: I've talked with cr3 to get them included in checkbox at some point19:29
hggdhmathiaz: cool!19:29
hggdhbut that's it, unless there is a question for me19:30
mathiazhggdh: I've also automated all the iso testing now19:30
hggdhmathiaz: wow! on VMs?19:30
SpamapShggdh: I've tagged a bug recently as regression-release .. would that mean it gets a long hard look from your team?19:30
mathiazhggdh: it may be usefull to share my setup with the QA team19:30
mathiazhggdh: yes19:30
hggdhmathiaz: yes, we would love to see (and use) it19:30
mathiazhggdh: and all the tests results are stored in couchdb19:30
hggdhSpamapS: actually, in this case you probably did the Right Thing19:30
hggdhmathiaz: I love you :-)19:31
hallynon that amicable note,19:31
mathiazhggdh: I'm in touch with cr3 on a regular basis as he works on something similar for LP19:31
mathiazI'm done now :)19:31
hallyn[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)19:31
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)19:31
hallynpv-ops kernel status update19:32
jjohansenBug #606373 - I have gotten working console output but its sparadic, it comes and goes so I am looking for a race19:33
hallynjjohansen: ^19:33
ubottuLaunchpad bug 606373 in cloud-init (Ubuntu) "cloud-init output does not get to console when booted with pv-grub and ramdisk" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60637319:33
jjohansenBug #620994 - after extensive testing doesn't affect, Maverick or Lucid19:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 620994 in linux (Ubuntu Hardy) "linux 2.6.24-28.75 breaks xen flavours (xen kernel bug: 'kernel BUG at /build/buildd/linux-2.6.24/debian/build/custom-source-xen/mm/memory.c:2704')" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62099419:34
jjohansenWe originally believed it would be problematic for Lucid19:34
jjohansenBug #614853 - can not replicate19:35
ubottuLaunchpad bug 614853 in linux-ec2 (Ubuntu) "kernel panic divide error: 0000 [#1] SMP" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61485319:35
ttxjjohansen: about bug 62117519:35
ubottuLaunchpad bug 621175 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "-virtual kernel contains too many modules" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62117519:35
ttxis that something we can fix postbeta ?19:36
jjohansenttx - we will have to, its just a matter of packaging.  The kernel froze last week so no changes could be made since last wednesday19:36
jjohansenit opens up again with beta release19:36
ttxjjohansen: ack19:37
hallynmore questions?19:38
hallynthanks, jjohansen19:38
hallynmoving on,19:38
hallyn[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)19:38
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)19:38
jiboumansno sommer it seems19:39
hallyn[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0)19:39
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0)19:39
hallynno kim0 either, though, i think19:39
hallyngoing once19:40
hallyngoing twice,19:40
hallyn[TOPIC] Papercuts Maverick retrospective (ttx)19:40
MootBotNew Topic:  Papercuts Maverick retrospective (ttx)19:40
ttxQuick retrospective on the Maverick papercuts effort19:40
ttxTotal of 48 targets19:40
ttx25 bugs fixed19:41
ttx8 invalidated19:41
ttx3 waiting on upstream19:41
ttx12 postponed19:41
ttxI think it was not successful in bringing in new contributors19:41
kirklandhow many users did we make "happier" with Ubuntu Server?19:41
ttxso I'd rethink it completely19:41
kirkland(that's perhaps a hypothetical question)19:41
mathiazttx: well - I think it may not have reached the initial objectives19:42
ttxsomething like a list of bitesize server bugs19:42
hallynkirkland: well, unmeasurable perhaps19:42
Davieyam i still here?19:42
mathiazttx: however I think we're still fixed bugs19:42
ttxthat we can point contributors to19:42
kirklandDaviey: ack19:42
mathiazttx: and we were able to measure it19:42
SpamapSttx: I think some blogging effort and scheduled "learn how to fix a bug in ubuntu" IRC classes would help with that.19:42
mathiazttx: IMO it was a successfull format19:42
kirklandttx: i really, really, really like the idea of DEDICATING time to fixing bugs in random (or not so random) server packages19:43
ttxthat's a discussion for UDS, I suspect19:43
mathiazkirkland: agreed19:43
ttxkirkland: but a "fix bugs" spec would cover for that19:43
hallynttx: also i found it useful as a beginner for learning about debian packaging a bit19:43
hallynnot your target goal, but...19:43
mathiazkirkland: IMO the papercuts project was successfull in that area19:43
SpamapShallyn: I second that. It was helpful to be exposed to packages done different ways.19:43
=== head_v is now known as head_victim
ttxI'd have the bitesize list on one side, and a "fix bugs" generic blueprint to assign time to... fix bugs19:44
kirklandttx: maybe ... i filed a bug-zapping spec for Lucid, which failed miserably, in my opinion19:44
ttxtry to think about it a bit, and we'll rediscuss it at UDS-N19:45
mathiazmay be we could discuss something in between bug-zapping and -papercuts19:45
hallyn[TOPIC] Open Discussion19:45
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion19:45
ttxsmall remark I forgot to make about postbeta work19:45
ttxthere is just one week between Beta release and FinalFreeze19:45
ttxso that's when you can fix seemingly basic bugs19:46
ttxafter FinalFreeze it gets harder to push small fixes in19:46
hallynand that'd next week?19:46
ttxyes :)19:47
hallynmore open discussion?19:47
ttxhallyn: welcome to the mad release schedule !19:47
* Daviey isn't convinced there were enough left over for drive by contributors.19:47
ttxDaviey: in papercuts ?19:47
hallynDaviey: didn't see anyone coming around asking though19:47
mathiazttx: so there are 2 weeks for preparation of RC?19:47
SpamapSSo for sponsors, please be ready next wed. Unless WI improvements overload me, I plan to go on a "basic bug fixing" spree. ;)19:48
ttxmathiaz: there are three weeks19:48
ttxbut FinalFreeze is at RC-219:48
hallynpoor sponsors19:48
zulyes pitty us19:48
hallyn[TOPIC] Announce next meeting date and time19:48
MootBotNew Topic:  Announce next meeting date and time19:48
* ttx looks at other cycles to compare19:48
hallynTuesday 2010-09-07 at 1800 UTC - #ubuntu-meeting19:48
* hallyn waits to end meeting ...19:49
mathiazttx: I thought we had 2 weeks between beta release and final freeze19:49
ttxHow did I misread that19:50
hallyncool, 2 weeks to bomb the sponsors19:50
ttxmathiaz: you're right, thanks19:50
mathiazttx: hm - I don't think so19:50
mathiazttx: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MaverickReleaseSchedule19:51
mathiazttx: ^^ week 21 is empty19:51
hallynshortened cycle this time right?19:51
ttx2 weeks between beta release and final freeze19:51
mathiazttx: ah.. right19:51
ttx2 weeks between FinalFreeze and RC19:51
mathiazttx: I was reading from RC19:51
hallynthanks, everyone19:52
ttxMy Firefox is not drawing a line between week 21 and 2219:52
MootBotMeeting finished at 13:52.19:52
mathiazanyway - indeed - there are two weeks between beta and final freeze19:52
ttxgood :)19:52
=== jsalisbury_ is now known as jsalisbury
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== Guest58787 is now known as LjL

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!