=== artnay_ is now known as artnay
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== xfaf is now known as zul
=== bladernr__ is now known as bladernr_
=== nizarus_ is now known as nizarus
* pgraner 0/15:58
* ara waves15:59
* skaet waves16:00
* robbiew needs a minute :)16:00
skaetrobbiew,  you want me to do the formalities, or will you?16:01
robbiewwell...if you ask16:02
robbiewI will16:02
MootBotMeeting started at 10:02. The chair is robbiew.16:02
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:02
iainfarrellBonjour y'all :)16:03
robbiew[TOPIC] Bugs and Features Summary16:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Bugs and Features Summary16:03
robbiewhowdy iainfarrell16:03
robbiew   * Milestoned bugs16:03
robbiew    * https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+bugs?field.milestone=2746216:03
robbiew   * Release-targeted bugs16:03
robbiew    * https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+bugs16:03
robbiew   * Known regressions16:03
robbiew    * https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+bugs?field.tag=regression-potential16:03
robbiew   * Unresolved Bugs with Patches16:03
robbiew    * https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+patches16:03
robbiew   * Nominated bugs16:03
robbiew    * https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+nominations16:03
robbiewI haven't heard of any OMG bugs...yet16:04
rickspencer3robbiew, is that at all related to the retracers being down?16:05
ScottKThat helps.16:05
ScottKWe'd get to release faster if we turned off the bug tracker too.16:05
ararickspencer3, mmm, one of the bugs that I filed got retraced, so I guess that's fixed now16:05
seb128ara, not it's not, we got 3 bugs retracer today manually16:06
araah, ok16:06
seb128but I'm debugging still with the launchpad guys16:06
robbiewseb128: ack..thanks for the update16:06
robbiewshows a lot of ubuntuone-client bugs16:06
rickspencer3anyone here from the U1 team?16:07
joshuahooverhere :)16:07
robbiewhey joshuahoover :)16:07
ografeely very crashy on arm atm16:07
joshuahooverso i need to review/clean up some of those new bugs16:07
robbiewdo you all have someone with the "power" to target bugs?16:08
rickspencer3joshuahoover, when does desktopcouch syncing get turned back on?16:08
joshuahooverwe have a list of bugs that we're working on and i can update everyone on the most important ones that are impacting u1 functionality in maverick beta16:08
rickspencer3that may bring a lot of new bug reports as well16:08
joshuahooverrickspencer3: we started to open desktopcouch replication late yesterday...we're currently working on opening it further and troubleshooting issues with couchio as we find them16:09
robbiewjoshuahoover: the stage is all yours :)16:09
joshuahooveralright...here we go :)16:09
joshuahoover* bug #628118 is affecting all u1 sso dependent functionality, which means pretty much everything u1 related in maverick right now...this is a server-side issue that we are rolling out the fix to edge today (we thought we had it fixed on tuesday but found more problems)...once that's out there, we'll verify it fixes the issue and then rollout to production on tuesday, 2010-09-0716:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 628118 in Ubuntu One Servers "OAuth tokens are not added to Ubuntu One after /sso-finished-so-get-tokens/" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62811816:09
joshuahoover* bug #629095 prevents desktopcouch from pairing up w/ the u1 servers for replication...we have mandel working on this fix16:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 629095 in desktopcouch "Ubuntu One pairing code needs to be added" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62909516:10
joshuahoover* bug #624616 was released just hours ago, it was preventing the music store plugin from loading16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 624616 in The Ubuntu Music Store Rhythmbox plugin "rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store without icon" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62461616:10
joshuahoover* bug #620640 is released but we need to make some changes to the way we packaged it based on feedback in the comments...this bug crashed tomboy when selecting u1 sync in the prefs16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 620640 in tomboy (Ubuntu Maverick) "Crash on selection of UbuntuOne synchronisation preference" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62064016:10
joshuahooverthe rest of our list of high/critical bugs (for us) can be found on this page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/MaverickReleaseStatus16:11
joshuahooverthat's the update i have on u1 bugs...any questions? i'd then like to address a ui freeze exception once we get through any questions16:12
robbiewjoshuahoover: no questions...address away!16:13
joshuahooverwe have a ui freeze exception i'd like to get the OK to move forward with...bug #627440 which is about removing 2 fields from the u1 sso screen so that it fits on netbook/smaller displays properly...i've notified docs and translation lists & haven't heard anything back...we'd like to get this in on our next package release, which is wed. 2010-09-0816:13
ubottuLaunchpad bug 627440 in ubuntu-sso-client (Ubuntu) "[UI Freeze Exception] Registration UI is too tall for small screens" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62744016:13
* ScottK looks16:13
ScottKrobbiew: I'll approve it.16:14
robbiewthank you sir16:15
joshuahooverScottK: great! thanks!16:15
joshuahooverthat is all i have right now16:15
robbiewthanks joshua16:15
robbiewI figure it's best to just go around the teams...then call this bad boy over if nothing else pops up16:16
robbiew[TOPIC] QA update16:16
MootBotNew Topic:  QA update16:16
robbiewhi :)16:16
araAs we don't want this meeting to be too long, I will quickly get to the point.16:16
araAs usual, you can find fader's latest HW testing report at:16:16
ScottKjoshuahoover: Done.16:16
ara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~fader/hw-testing/current.html16:16
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~fader/hw-testing/current.html16:16
arathe summary he reports:16:16
ara    Passed:   45 (96%)    Failed:    0 ( 0%)    Untested:  2 ( 4%)16:17
ara    Passed:   60 (88%)    Failed:    0 ( 0%)    Untested:  8 (12%)16:17
ara    Passed:   14 (88%)    Failed:    0 ( 0%)    Untested:  2 (12%)16:17
ara    Passed:   11 (79%)    Failed:    0 ( 0%)    Untested:  3 (21%)16:17
araand, quoting fader again:16:17
ara"I see that bug 625309 is Fix Released, so I will go through the machines16:17
arathat were previously affected by it that are untested and see if they16:17
araare having a different issue or if we need to reopen the bug.16:17
araWe have completed a round of manual tests on the hardware in the lab in16:17
araMontreal.  Overall this looked very good with few bugs found.  Hankyone16:17
arais retesting these with the beta image to see if they are still valid16:17
ubottuLaunchpad bug 625309 in debian-installer (Ubuntu Maverick) "iscsi hardware not detected for install" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62530916:17
araand will file bugs if so.  Huge thanks to Hankyone and cyphermox for16:17
aratesting a ton of laptops! :) "16:17
robbiewheh...Hankyone..what a nick16:18
araAny questions on HW testing?16:18
araOK, going on...16:18
fader_robbiew: He's awesome :)16:18
araAnd, as usual, and after every milestone testing cycle, we can have a look to the testing report at:16:18
ara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/ReleaseReports/MaverickBetaTestReport16:18
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/ReleaseReports/MaverickBetaTestReport16:18
araIt is not worth it dumping it here, as the Wiki format is much better, and you get direct links to the bug reports.16:19
robbiewyep...thanks for sparing us ;)16:19
araWe didn't reach 100% image coverage :-(16:19
araFrom the 52 images that we have, there was one uncovered:16:19
ara# Ubuntu Server EC2 EBS (Asia-Pacific) amd6416:19
araMaybe the server team can explain later on what happened.16:19
araAlso, the netboot testcase for ARM Dove didn't get any coverage. Maybe the Mobile team does not need any testcase, anymore? Is it something else?16:20
aranot any testcase, of course, *that* testcase16:20
ograwe dont really care for netboot, its just a nice to have16:20
araogra, then we might move it to "optional testcases"16:20
ograbut requires significant knowledge to set up etc on the user side16:20
robbiewara: +116:20
ograara, sounds perfect, i didnt know that exists16:21
ara[ACTION] ara to move netboot arm dove testcase to "optional"16:21
ttxsmoser: comment on lack of testing of  Ubuntu Server EC2 EBS (Asia-Pacific) amd64 ?16:21
ttxI think there are a few bandwidth issues with the AP zones, but he should confirm16:21
robbiewara: is that it?16:22
araOK, while we wait for smoser...16:22
arano, I am a bit chatty, sorry16:22
araI can stop now, if you want16:22
ttxhe can answer asynchronously :)16:22
robbiewno..go on :)16:22
araJust some bugs that needs to be prioritize:16:23
araOEM does not install oem-config when there is not network connection: bug 628911 (possible duplicates: bug 628290, bug 628681)16:23
ubottuLaunchpad bug 628911 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Ubuntu Netbook OEM did not install oem-config" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62891116:23
ubottuLaunchpad bug 628290 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "OEM installation, missing "Prepare for shipping to end user" icon" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62829016:23
ubottuLaunchpad bug 628681 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "Kubuntu OEM did not install oem-config-kde" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62868116:23
ara(or at least milestoned)16:23
arabug 628864 - (Change of notation)16:23
ubottuLaunchpad bug 628864 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Maverick) ""Guided" install does no guiding and wipes out existing install without warning" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62886416:23
robbiewlooks like ev will be busy :P16:23
ograwe should just all switch to preinstalled images :)16:23
ograno partitioning issues and ome-config is always there :)16:24
cjwatsonthose are all very high up our lilst16:24
aracjwatson, great! thanks a lot!16:24
cjwatson628864 is not just a change of notation - it's tied in with other partitioner interaction bugs in kubuntu16:24
cjwatsonbut yes it shouldn't be that hard16:24
aracjwatson, thanks for the clarification16:24
ScottKcjwatson: Are the partioner issues ~understood?16:25
smoseri'm here.16:25
cjwatsonScottK: I think I understand what's likely to be going on, at least16:25
araBecause we don't want to find very critical errors in the installer while testing RC, I have subscribed to some of the bugs described here. Once they get fixed, I will start a pairwise testing cycle for Ubiquity, some time in between Beta and RC, to see if everything works. I will be announcing this in ubuntu-devel and ubuntu-qa when ready, if you guys agree16:25
ScottKcjwatson: Thanks.16:25
cjwatsonScottK: it stinks of a change in the choice identifiers in partman not being handled by the ubiquity kde frontend16:26
skaetara,  sounds good.16:26
cjwatsonara: thanks, that's a good plan16:26
araThat's all from me16:27
robbiewthanks ara!16:27
ararobbiew, anytime16:27
ttxsmoser: see quetsion above16:27
robbiew[ACTION] robbiew to clone ara...a few times :P16:27
MootBotACTION received:  robbiew to clone ara...a few times :P16:27
ttx<ttx> smoser: comment on lack of testing of  Ubuntu Server EC2 EBS (Asia-Pacific) amd64 ?16:27
smoseryeah. so i tried for 2 days or so, but was unable to get sufficient number of instances started in the ap-southeast-1 region16:28
smoserfrom time to time, ec2 hits the ends of their hardware, and creation of instances ends in "Insufficient Capacity".16:28
smoserit is quite a pain, but there is really nothing I can do about it.16:29
smoser(my tests could be written better to not expect to run all instances at once, they should be reworked for that, but i haven't had time).16:29
skaetsmoser, can they be reworked before rc?16:30
smoseri'd rather not.16:30
robbiewI think they have higher priority items16:30
robbiewmay need to be a post Maverick work item16:31
smoserbut it is something that should be done. i think only twice has it bitten me.16:31
smoserusually over time of a couple days i can get sufficient resources to do it.16:31
robbiewsmoser: okay...thnx for the update16:31
robbiew[TOPIC] Security update16:32
MootBotNew Topic:  Security update16:32
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:32
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:32
jdstrand[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-security.html16:32
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-security.html16:32
jdstrandso, really the only beta bug was LP: #62358616:32
jdstrandbug #62358616:32
ubottuLaunchpad bug 623586 in apparmor (Ubuntu) "apparmor /var/lib/ghostscript/fonts/Fontmap" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62358616:32
jdstrandthis required a change to the apparmor abstractions due to gs moving away from defoma16:33
jdstrandI fixed that this morning16:33
jdstrandother than that, I don't know of any pressing beta-related security team bugs16:33
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-lunch
robbiewnice...any questions for Security?16:33
robbiew[TOPIC] Kernel status16:34
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel status16:34
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:34
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:34
ogasawaraI haven't heard of any kitten killers for the beta kernel but we'll keep tracking incoming issues through the weekend.  All our Beta bugs addresed in last week's meeting should be resolved.  We've also updated our specs and looking to be on track for the 10.10 release.16:34
ogasawaraNot much else exciting to report really.16:34
ogranote that there will be a bunch of possible changes for omap ahead16:34
ogra(which i only heard about today in a call)16:34
robbiewwhen is the *real* kernel freeze date...like when you all start building the packages16:34
robbiewogasawara: ^16:35
ogasawaraogasawara: in theory I'm going to push for the date noted in the release schedule (Sept 16).16:35
ogasawarawow, robbiew ^^16:35
ogasawararobbiew: after that, we're going to enforce our SRU policy (but be a critical bug fix or stable update)16:36
robbiewsounds good to me16:36
robbiewogasawara: I wasn't trying to be a smart ass ;)  I thought you all stopped accepting changes a few days before the date16:37
robbiewto allow time to build them all16:37
robbiewany questions for Kernel?16:38
robbiew[TOPIC] Foundations16:38
MootBotNew Topic:  Foundations16:38
robbiewbesides the installer bugs...anything else cjwatson?16:38
cjwatsonhi, I was going to list some hot bugs, and then ara beat me to it16:39
aracjwatson, you can comment the wubi upgrades, ;-)16:39
cjwatsona few other things came up during beta testing such as broken wubi upgrades; there's a patch in maverick now for it (modulo build times), bug 61771516:39
ubottuLaunchpad bug 617715 in Wubi "10.10 Upgrade goes to Grub Prompt" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61771516:39
cjwatsonara: damnit16:39
cjwatsonI was honestly just typing that16:40
cjwatsonanyway, I'd appreciate retesting of upgrades from lucid-wubi to maverick16:40
ScottKFYI, Bug #628930 will likely require a (somewhat planned) mesa update to fix and it's pretty essential for the Kubuntu netbook experience.16:40
ubottuLaunchpad bug 628930 in mesa (Ubuntu Maverick) "Desktop effects not active by default" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62893016:40
cjwatsonhas anyone like Chris Rogers looked at that?16:40
rickspencer3ScottK, Mesa 7.9 will fix that?16:40
cjwatsonmesa is kind of in the X bin in my had16:40
rickspencer3cjwatson, Chris very much wants to move to Mesa 7.916:41
ScottKrickspencer3: It helps a lot (tested today).16:41
rickspencer3he is debugging some issues iwth it though16:41
ScottKX is foundations, right?16:41
rickspencer3(or sounds like maybe already did)16:41
rickspencer3ScottK, X is desktop16:41
cjwatsonI believe there are still a few grub-won't-boot-on-some-machine bugs, and whether we'll be able to deal with thaose, will see16:41
ScottKOh.  Sorry.  Wrong section.  I take it back.16:41
cjwatsonsorry for poorly-formed report today, am a bit fried from being emergency holographic release engineer16:42
cjwatsonum, we could use help looking at the couple of targeted plymouth bugs16:42
ograthree cheers for cjwatson everyone, we wouldnt have beta without him !16:42
cjwatsonsince Keybuk's been almost entirely on other things this cycle16:42
cjwatsonrobbiew: ^- maybe something we should assign somebody on the foundations team to have a look at16:42
* ogra is always surprised that one human can do all that work 16:43
robbiewcjwatson: ack16:43
robbiewmaybe we'll just pull slangasek back for a month :P16:44
robbiewcjwatson: anything else?16:44
cjwatsonthat's all folks16:45
robbiew[TOPIC] Server status16:45
MootBotNew Topic:  Server status16:45
ttxrobbiew: so you caught me off-guard with meeting cancellations16:45
robbiewno worries16:46
ttxour release status page is half-updated :)16:46
robbiewnot looking for anything "official"16:46
ttxI few highlights...16:46
robbiewjust things we should be aware of16:46
ttxDuring iso testing we uncovered eucalyptus issues running on simple topologies16:46
ttxit now seems to work better on complex topologies than on simple :)16:46
* robbiew bites his tongue ;)16:47
ttxso we have a load of RC-bugs covering that16:47
ttxStill workable though16:47
robbiewI also noticed bug 62840016:47
ubottuLaunchpad bug 628400 in plymouth (Ubuntu Maverick) "[regression] boot degraded question never posed" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62840016:47
ttxright, so we have also quite a few bugs that are not directly in our realm16:48
robbiewit's highly improbable that this is plymouth...but we'll look at it from the mdadm side16:48
cjwatsonwe'll figure something out for you about the grub timeout issue too16:48
MootBotLINK received:  http://tinyurl.com/39ucrpc16:48
cjwatsoncan we not have shortened links here?16:48
ttxthat's the list of bugs tagged server-mro, which should autobuild the list in the report of "bugs that we care about, in other teams"16:49
cjwatsonmind you that is a heck of a link.  you can trim out lots of the fields though ...16:49
ttxcjwatson: sorry for the laziness16:49
ttxcjwatson: heh16:49
robbiewttx: I think I'm actually okay with only 12 there16:50
ttxso, mostly needing foundations help:16:50
ttxBug 56391616:50
ubottuLaunchpad bug 563916 in plymouth (Ubuntu Maverick) "[details.so] No prompt for [S]kip or [M]anual recovery on server boot (or without "splash")" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/56391616:50
robbiewyeah yeah16:50
ttxBug 62840016:50
ubottuLaunchpad bug 628400 in plymouth (Ubuntu Maverick) "[regression] boot degraded question never posed" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62840016:50
ttxBug 62195116:50
ubottuLaunchpad bug 621951 in lvm2 (Ubuntu Maverick) "udevd-work[674]: kernel-provided name 'dm-5' and NAME= 'mapper/main-server1a--lu cid-cow' disagree, please use SYMLINK+= or change the kernel to provide the prop er name " [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62195116:50
ttxand on kernel's plate:16:50
ttxBug 62117516:50
ubottuLaunchpad bug 621175 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "-virtual kernel contains too many modules" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62117516:50
cjwatson621951 needs coordinated uploads of lvm2 and parted to switch over to the new naming scheme16:50
cjwatsonfortunately grub2 is already prepared16:50
ttxBug 61308316:50
ubottuLaunchpad bug 613083 in cloud-init (Ubuntu Maverick) "user-data is corrupted inside metadata service" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61308316:50
ttxBug 60637316:50
ubottuLaunchpad bug 606373 in cloud-init (Ubuntu Maverick) "cloud-init output does not get to console when booted with pv-grub and ramdisk" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60637316:50
cjwatson(621951 is probably basically a merge or cherry-pick from Debian)16:51
cjwatsonI'll keep the server-mro list open and make sure we do our end of things, anyway16:51
ttxcjwatson: thanks !16:52
ogasawarattx: 621175 I have a theory about, I want to see the 2.6.35-20.29 that's currently building finish to confirm16:52
robbiewttx: anything else?16:52
ttxrobbiew: no :)16:52
robbiew[TOPIC] Desktop update16:52
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop update16:52
RiddellI can do Kubuntu :)16:53
* ScottK steps behind Riddell.16:53
Riddell - http://tinyurl.com/33p7vu3  16 milestoned bugs, the most notable ones are installer bugs already discussed16:53
Riddell - KDE SC 4.5.1 uploaded and built except on ARM16:53
Riddell - KDE SC 4.5.2 due October 5th, so I don't except it to be in final16:53
Riddell - kubuntu mobile image successfully made for beta, but the mobile workspace itself didn't actually work, so some fixes to be done there16:53
Riddell - lucid and maverick upgrade notifications need testing still16:53
Riddell - thanks to ev and cjwatson for lots of awesomeness during beta16:53
cjwatsonthe kubuntu mobile image only actually got published on the very day of beta16:53
cjwatsonso it's impressive if it boots, in my book16:54
ograRiddell, any idea why everything failed on ARM ?16:54
Riddellogra: what failed?16:54
ograwe were down to only 4 FTBFS packages in main (and only koffice among them for KDE) but with todays queue flush it seems that all of KDE fails again16:55
Riddellprobably some builds needed retried for the 4.5.1 upload today, that's not unusual, they'll get done16:55
ograhttp://qa.ubuntuwire.org/ftbfs/ armel turned into a big red column suddenly16:56
MootBotLINK received:  http://qa.ubuntuwire.org/ftbfs/ armel turned into a big red column suddenly16:56
ScottKogra: archive skew.16:56
* ogra pokes the bot 16:56
ograah, k16:56
RiddellI think they're just waiting on kdebindings which always takes ages16:56
ograits on the failed list16:56
ScottKActually we're not even that far.16:56
ScottKpimlibs still building.16:56
ScottK(last I looked).16:57
ScottKIn any case nothing concerning yet.16:57
Riddelljust needs patience :)16:57
* ogra puts the ftbfs filter glasses on then :)16:57
robbiewanything else for Kubuntu?  /me wants to keep the run-over to a minimum ;)16:58
RiddellI'm done16:58
ScottKNow: FYI, Bug #628930 will likely require a (somewhat planned) mesa update to fix and it's pretty essential for the Kubuntu netbook experience.16:58
ubottuLaunchpad bug 628930 in mesa (Ubuntu Maverick) "Desktop effects not active by default" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62893016:58
robbiewScottK: ack...noted, thnx16:58
robbiewseb128: all yours16:58
seb128sorry I'm trying to work with launchpad guys to get the retracers back16:58
seb128I've not a lot prepared16:59
seb128desktop seems mostly in shape16:59
seb128UNE still needs some work16:59
seb128I think dbarth will cover most of unity issues next16:59
robbiewyep...but no surprise16:59
seb128I've been trying to clean https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+nominations16:59
seb128I denied some 200 nominations since yesterday16:59
robbiewthat list is a beast16:59
seb128I think lot of people use the nominations as "affect this version"16:59
skaetseb128,  cool.17:00
seb128we should perhaps restrict who can suggest a nomination17:00
seb128but help from other teams to clean would be welcome17:00
seb128there is lot of linux tasks there17:00
seb128I've been rejecting all the needs-packaging or bugs open for years without activity17:00
seb128but each team should be able to decide better on its bugs for non obvious ones17:00
ogasawaraseb128: I or JFo can go through the linux tasks17:00
seb128ogasawara, that would be appreciated, thanks!17:01
robbiewogasawara: thnx...I vote for JFo :P17:01
aracan I nominate one?17:01
* ogasawara too :)17:01
seb128btw GNOME 2.32 will be monday in 10 days17:01
seb128ie just before the freeze17:01
seb128just for information ;-)17:01
seb128I think that's it from me17:01
araPlease, desktop team, fix gwibber17:02
araI miss gwibber. I need to procrastinate a little bit. And I need real time updates on where the merkaat is.17:02
robbiewara: heh..they are WELL aware of the gwibber issues17:02
robbiewtrust me ;)17:02
seb128ara, if you have bugs please give me the numbers17:02
seb128I will target those17:02
arabug 62868617:02
arabug 62013917:02
ubottuError: Could not parse data returned by Launchpad: The read operation timed out (https://launchpad.net/bugs/628686)17:02
seb128it' difficult right now to build a team list of issues, not sure how other teams do that17:02
seb128I've opted to clean https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+nominations17:03
ubottuError: Could not parse data returned by Launchpad: The read operation timed out (https://launchpad.net/bugs/620139)17:03
seb128then I will try to set of a json query of maverick tasks in the desktop set17:03
robbiewseb128: should we target bug 56927317:03
seb128with some tweaks to add firefox, xorg, etc or watch those as well17:03
seb128bug #56927317:03
ubottuError: Could not parse data returned by Launchpad: The read operation timed out (https://launchpad.net/bugs/569273)17:03
seb128thanks ubottu17:03
ubottuLaunchpad bug 569273 in indicator-application (Ubuntu Maverick) "memory leak in gnome-power-manager" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/56927317:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 569273 in indicator-application (Ubuntu Maverick) "memory leak in gnome-power-manager" [Medium,Triaged]17:04
robbiewor is that DX17:04
seb128it seems triaged as it should17:04
seb128it's assigned to karl who is contracting to do dx work17:04
davidbarthhmm, don't think so17:04
robbiewseb128: as for how other teams build a team list...I think we all have our own magic unfortunately...but I think skaet is going to try and help us :D17:04
seb128will check with them if he's still working on it17:04
davidbarthah right, this one17:04
robbiewtarget is maverick-alpha-2 :/17:05
davidbarthit's a note that we can leak mem a bit here, but the leak is not really significant17:05
robbiewsorry milestone17:05
seb128skaet, I'm interested to work with you on that17:05
skaetseb128,  me too with you.17:05
seb128skaet, great ;-)17:05
robbiewthnx seb128...moving on to DX17:05
robbiew[TOPIC] DX update17:05
MootBotNew Topic:  DX update17:05
davidbarthuhuh, DX17:05
robbiewdavidbarth: anything urgent to report17:05
robbiew[TOPIC] Desktop Experience17:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop Experience17:06
ograheh, you're fast :)17:06
davidbarthwe have freeze exception requests pending, but on the desktop front things are getting weel17:06
davidbarthie appmenu got most of the fixes we wanted17:06
davidbarthwe're still working on unity issues: perf., quicklist inconsistencies,17:06
davidbarth14 critical or high prio bugs in scope for unity, but i feel we can handle that next week, considering the bug closing rate of past weeks17:07
davidbarthso to answer the question, no, i think that the bug fixing part is under control now17:07
robbiewheh...you've just jinxed yourself ;)17:08
davidbarththe massive mem leak of unity got a fix today, to everyone's relief: https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/604777 in particular17:08
ubottuError: Could not parse data returned by Launchpad: The read operation timed out (https://launchpad.net/bugs/604777)17:08
robbiewany questions for Desktop Experience?17:09
robbiewthnx davidbarth17:09
robbiew[TOPIC] ARM17:09
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM17:09
robbiewlast but not least ;)17:09
ograwe found bugs during beta testing :)17:09
ograthats it ... for the past ...17:10
ografor the future ...17:10
ograwe just recieved new HW rigth at beta date ...17:10
ograwhich is incompatible with the old stuff17:10
ograso we have kernel and bootloader updates pending that have to happen now17:10
robbiewsounds like fun times :/17:10
ograkernel went in already, but its untested and we dont know what possible issues it will have17:11
ograthats what you get when you pick to work in the arm team :)17:11
robbiewthe few...the proud..the brave ;)17:11
robbiewthnx ogra17:11
ograanyway, there might be some intrusive changes but they will only affect arm17:11
ograthats all17:11
robbiewany questions for ARM?17:12
robbiew[TOPIC] Any Other Business?17:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Any Other Business?17:12
robbiewincluding MOTU status ;)17:12
skaetand Linaro ;)17:12
robbiewnah..they have their own meeitng ;)17:12
robbiewunless they broke us :PO17:12
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:13.17:13
robbiew..and that's that ;)17:13
robbiewthnx all!17:13
robbiewtry to enjoy your weekend....the long one for the US ;)17:13
robbiewand remember...the bugs will be there when you get back17:14
skaetthanks robbiew17:14
seb128thanks robbiew, skaet17:15
KjenkaAnyone to send me an invite for Gmail ?, it now says i need one in my country17:15
robbiewskaet: I'll update https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2010-09-03 as well as the /Agenda redirect ;)17:16
skaetrobbiew,  ok - I'll edit it to reflect the content from today's meeting.17:17
skaetso we've got the tracking.17:17
robbiewskaet: sounds like a plan...will ping you when I've saved my changes17:18
=== Ursinha-lunch is now known as Ursinha
=== bladernr_ is now known as fader__
=== fader__ is now known as bladernr_
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== james_w` is now known as james_w
=== MichealH_ is now known as MichealH
=== SpockVulcan is now known as AndrewMC
Guest18528How do23:36

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!