Manuelbrsalguien que brinde ayuda aqui?00:15
kklimonda!es | Manuelbrs00:30
ubottuManuelbrs: En la mayoría de canales de Ubuntu se habla sólo en inglés. Si busca ayuda en español o charlar entra en el canal #ubuntu-es. Escribe "/join #ubuntu-es" (sin comillas) y dale a enter.00:30
kklimondaI wonder whether it's the right language.00:31
=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen
=== apachelogger_ is now known as apachelogger
=== doko_ is now known as doko
* persia peers about11:02
* persia doesn't see prabhash, or anything else on the agenda, so figures the meeting must be cancelled11:19
=== sweet is now known as faizul
MootBotMeeting started at 08:06. The chair is NCommander.14:06
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]14:06
* NCommander forgot that this meeting was in the morning after a month in China14:07
davidmG'day NCommander14:07
* NCommander swears14:08
NCommanderI think the wiki page forgot to save14:08
NCommandergive me a sec14:08
NCommander[topic] Action Item Review14:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Action Item Review14:09
ograyou dont have the action items ...14:09
NCommander[topic] ogra to talk to rsalveti about the darn EDID spec, reassigning it and new workitems14:09
MootBotNew Topic:  ogra to talk to rsalveti about the darn EDID spec, reassigning it and new workitems14:09
rsalvetiworking on it now :-)14:09
NCommander[topic] NCommander to clean up thumb2 assignments from http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/team-assigned/canonical-mobile-assigned-bug-tasks.html which he definitely wont work on this cycle14:09
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to clean up thumb2 assignments from http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/team-assigned/canonical-mobile-assigned-bug-tasks.html which he definitely wont work on this cycle14:09
NCommander[topic] ogra to clearify uboot-imx bugs with jcrigby14:10
MootBotNew Topic:  ogra to clearify uboot-imx bugs with jcrigby14:10
ograimx is really low prio14:10
NCommander[topic] ogra to update the title and generalize bug 62802914:10
ograat least that part14:10
MootBotNew Topic:  ogra to update the title and generalize bug 62802914:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 628029 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu Maverick) "[maverick] panda ES1.0 does not suspend on beta image" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62802914:10
NCommander[topic] NCommander to talk to davidm about adding dove to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MaverickMeerkat/ReleaseManifest14:10
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to talk to davidm about adding dove to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MaverickMeerkat/ReleaseManifest14:11
* ogra applauds14:11
NCommander[TOPIC] Standing Items14:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Standing Items14:11
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile.html14:11
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile-ubuntu-10.10.html14:11
ograwohooo !14:12
ograbelow trend14:12
ograwell, not in the overall one14:13
ograbut for 10.1014:13
NCommander[TOPIC] Kernel Status (cooloney, mpoirier, lag(14:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Status (cooloney, mpoirier, lag(14:13
mpoirier_nothing to declare.14:14
ograbug 605042 ... will screw us if we dont find a fix on imx5114:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 605042 in eglibc (Ubuntu Maverick) "[armel] java fails to start with eglibc-2.12-0ubuntu4" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60504214:14
persiaI thought that was fixed with the reversion to b1814:14
ograpersia, the buildd screwup ?14:14
lagI have14:15
persiaOh :(14:15
ograthe kernel on the buildds makes java segfault14:15
lago/    When you're ready14:15
ograwhich makes all packages using java binaries ftbfs14:15
ogralag, go14:15
lag * Marvel (mvl-dove)14:15
lag   * Nothing new this week14:15
lag * Freescale (fsl-imx51)14:15
lag   * ON GOING : B605042: Java segfault on Freescale iMX5.1 Babbage board with Lucid - will try to bisect Lucid 2.6.31 kernel14:15
lag * Texas Instruments (ti-omap)14:15
lag   * ON GOING : B591941 Original patch was not complete - Adrian Hunter should release the final patch this week.14:15
lag   * ON GOING : B608266 Fix submitted and accepted - still waiting for mobile team to test.14:15
lag   * ON GOING : B633227 ES2.0 board is unstable when highmem is enabled - backported a patch from upstream to solve memtester issue14:15
lag   * ON GOING : B628029 ES2.0 board does not boot with CONFIG_PM enabled14:15
lag   * NEW      : B622935 a patch has been written - author needs to send it upstream14:15
lag   * PATCH    : Lots of TI audio patches have now been applied - testing under way14:15
lag   * PATCH    : B563650 upstream patch was applied14:15
lag   * PATCH    : B477106 Lucid alpha-2 and earlier freeze upon suspend with sd card plugged in with some hardware14:16
lag   * PATCH    : B588243 upstream patch was applied14:16
lag   * FIXED    : B613855 omap3 beagle XM MMC card always comes up read-only14:16
lag   * FIXED    : B605488 scheduling while atomic: mmcqd/46/0x0000000214:16
lag   * FIXED    : B589624 omap flavour does not work on beagle XM board14:16
lag   * FIXED    : B605832 LG monitor behaving incorrectly when used in conjunction with the Panda board and HDMI14:16
lag   * FIXED    : B477106 Maverick alpha-2 and earlier freeze upon suspend with sd card plugged in with some hardware14:16
lag   * FIXED    : B592295 omapdss DISPC error: SYNC_LOST_DIGIT14:16
lag   * FIXED    : B628107 false alarm - first boot loaded unstable kernel14:16
ograi see some weird display issues on omap4 at,14:16
ograwhich are not easily reproducable14:16
GrueMasterI will be testing 608266 today.14:16
rsalvetiogra: like what?14:17
ograscreen goes black and i can only get it back when switching consoles14:17
lagYeah, I have that14:17
lagAlthough, when I do switch consoles, I only have a display for a few seconds then that dies too14:17
ograEEEK !14:17
* ogra just looked at dmesg on his panda for the first time this week14:18
ogra[89357.432678] swapper: page allocation failure. order:3, mode:0x402014:18
ogralots of them14:18
ogragah, i thought that was gone14:18
ogralag, it stays for me and i dont have anything display related in dmesg usually14:19
GrueMasterIs that today's image?14:19
ograGrueMaster, yesterdays14:19
rsalvetibut kernel should be the same14:19
lagogra: Mine just went black :(14:19
* ogra wishes dmesg would have proper timestamps14:19
GrueMasterI'm running 20100913 on ES2 and not seeing the page allocation failures.14:20
ograi just did lots of apt-get stuff on the panda, i wonder if the page allocation stuff is related14:20
ograbut hard to tell without a proper timestamp14:20
lagOkay, it's staying now14:20
lagBut there's no messages in dmesg14:21
ograsame for me14:21
ograi wonder if userspace triggers some DPMS stuff that hangs until you switch consoles14:21
lagNo, I have it14:21
persiaMight be better to do the low-legel debugging discussion after the meeting...14:21
ograpersia, indeed14:21
lagIt's the GFX_FIFO_UNDERFLOW again14:21
=== cking is now known as cking-afk
ogralag, ah, i think i saw that14:21
NCommandercan I move on?14:21
ograNCommander, go14:22
NCommander[topic] QA Status (GrueMaster)14:22
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Status (GrueMaster)14:22
GrueMasterWorked a bit on a script to generate a launchpad report with all open bugs.  WIP.14:23
GrueMasterMost of my testing is on apps atm.  Testing on all running systems as simultaneously as possible.14:23
GrueMasterI'm still getting some random, hard to reproduce bugs that don't generate enough debug output for the devs to work on.14:24
* ogra looked at go-home-applet today14:24
GrueMasterI saw that, cool.14:25
ograand found some work for our contractor :)14:25
GrueMasterWill it get fixed before release?14:25
GrueMasterWe are weeks away.14:25
ograGrueMaster, if you find bugs that are clearly -efl, feel free to assign to him (and notify me)14:25
ograi'm working on a fix for go-home today14:25
GrueMasterI'll need his info.14:25
ogranot sure about efl14:25
ogralook at the bug :)14:25
ograi assigned the efl part to him14:26
ograand go-home to me14:26
GrueMasterGo-home looks like an easy fix.  porting the add-to-fav's may be a little more work.14:26
GrueMasterAnd not as critical.14:26
ograi'm also going through the remaining jasper bugs today14:26
GrueMasterI also filed a low priority bug on go-home-applet wrt the version reported.14:27
ograsadly our contractor is in a werid TZ14:27
GrueMasteraren't we all. :P14:27
ogralike US westcoast ... i think14:27
ograso i havent talked to him yet14:28
GrueMasterErm, that is the pacific Standard timezone, thankyou.14:28
NCommandercan I move on?14:28
NCommander[topic] ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:28
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:28
dyfetWell, I am focused this morning on two packages, gcl and hdf514:29
ogragreat !14:29
ogradoko asked for them14:29
dyfetI am trying to reduce the hdf5 issue into a simple test case14:29
NCommanderubiquity remains dead on Dove14:29
NCommander(and armel in general I guess)14:30
NCommanderLooking into that this week14:30
dyfetgcl I think may be an underlying toolchain bug14:30
ograNCommander, dead as in FTBFS ?14:30
NCommanderogra: segfault14:30
ograNCommander, note that ubiquity runs fine on omap14:31
ograso must be either dove specific or partitioner issue14:31
NCommanderogra: ubiquity is running in oem-config mode, and not in full installation mode.14:31
ograsince we use everything but the partitioner on omap14:31
NCommanderogra: right. I'm working on it.14:31
NCommanderWe might just change to alternates for release if necessary if this proves difficult to fix (already discussed with davidm)14:31
ograoem-config mode isnt much different to normal install mode14:32
ograjust adds the extra panel and supresses partitining14:32
ograNCommander, why not preinstalled ?14:32
ograwould save us QA effort14:32
NCommanderogra: cause 1. preinstall images require hacks to livecd-rootfs.sh for each subarch 2. you actually want to install on Dove since it has both SATA, and FTL NAND14:32
davidmNCommander, I really don't want to use alternates14:32
GrueMasterNot much.  I actually have more infrastructure to support installs on dove.14:33
ograNCommander, leave 2 to server installation ;)14:33
GrueMasterAnd the installer works on Dove A0.14:33
GrueMasterJust not on unsupported hw.14:33
ograand 1) isnt really a big issue14:33
NCommanderGrueMaster: it does? I thought it was segfaulting during installation14:33
GrueMasterThat was fixed last week.14:33
NCommanderGrueMaster: oh good. yeah, its known to do that on unsupported installation. I'm working with cjwatson to resolve it.14:33
NCommanderGrueMaster: ah, I must have missed it in my bug mail14:33
ograah, so we talk about a non-issue ?14:34
NCommanderogra: it must have gotten fixed while I was in transit (I hadn't tested since Thursday)14:34
GrueMasterThe last image available (20100910 I believe) installed fine yesterday.14:34
ogra0910 ?14:35
ograits 14th today14:35
ograNCommander, can you check crontab and make sure dailies build ?14:35
ograi think there was a big difference between tree and real crontab when i checked14:35
NCommanderogra: will do14:35
ograjust didnt have the time to fix it14:35
GrueMaster20100909 is the latest (looking on cdimage now.14:35
NCommanderogra: I *really* want to know who is changed it; I know I had the tree and the actual crontab in sync14:36
ograyeah, seems like dailies dont happen14:36
ogra0910 was a manual build i did14:36
NCommander[action] NCommander to smash antimony's crontab's with a big large golden brick14:36
MootBotACTION received:  NCommander to smash antimony's crontab's with a big large golden brick14:36
NCommander[topic] Weekly Activity Reports (all)14:36
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Activity Reports (all)14:36
GrueMasterNot seeing dailies for omap either.14:36
GrueMasteromap4 is ok.14:36
ogra[action] NCommander to put something fluffy aounrd the golden brick14:36
NCommanderThis topic is a request from davidm for us to do our activity reports here in the meeting14:36
NCommander(if I understood him right)14:37
ograNCommander, yes, he asked me too to take care14:37
NCommanderso I'll go first14:37
NCommander[topic] NCommander's status14:37
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander's status14:37
ograNCommander, but to have them on the wiki14:37
* NCommander coughs14:37
ogradont make the meeting longer14:37
NCommander[action] EVERYONE to put their status on the wiki14:37
MootBotACTION received:  EVERYONE to put their status on the wiki14:37
NCommander[topic] AOB14:37
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB14:37
ograaction me with hunting people down for them14:38
ogradid we have image status ?14:38
rsalvetithere's a question regarding the opengl es powervr sgx driver14:38
NCommander[topic] CDimage Status14:38
MootBotNew Topic:  CDimage Status14:38
rsalvetifor AOB14:38
NCommander(thanks ogra)14:38
GrueMasterEasier for me to add to wiki than to type it out at 6:40am.14:38
ograwe seem to have bad HW14:38
ograacorn constantly fails14:39
NCommanderogra: yeah, the crontab looks like it got changed for beta and never reverted. I'm just going to save a copy and apply the tree (which is what we were using pre-beta)14:39
ograusually only survives a day or two14:39
ograNCommander, fine with me14:39
* NCommander does a manual spin for Dove14:39
ograi asked lamont to try to find out when exactly it fails ... (under load or during idling)14:39
ograbut we have no outcome there yet14:40
NCommanderspeaking of acorn14:40
NCommanderIts dead14:40
ograNCommander, yeah14:40
NCommanderssh: connect to host acorn.buildd port 22: No route to host14:40
ograyou should have gotten mail about the failed omap build this morning14:40
ograif thats emopty its a good indicator its dead14:40
NCommanderogra: I did.14:40
NCommanderogra: I hadn't looked at the email though in depth14:41
GrueMasterLast one I got was two days ago.14:41
NCommander[action] NCommander to change buildlive to send an email to lamont if acorn is down14:41
MootBotACTION received:  NCommander to change buildlive to send an email to lamont if acorn is down14:41
ogramean !14:41
ograi doubt he likes that14:41
ograand he cant do much anyway14:41
NCommanderogra: well, if you have a better target ...14:41
ograsince it requires someone to drive over to the location and reboot it by hand14:41
NCommanderdisregard then:-/14:42
ograsomeone of the guys who drive over ;)14:42
ograi mean, i'm sure lamont would like to know about it ... but effectively he will only trigger manual intervention14:42
ograNCommander, ask in #is if they would like such a thing and to whom14:43
NCommanderogra: k14:43
ograthough it smells to me like we need to replace the board soon14:43
ograits diening more often than it used to14:43
ograand the OS is the same all over the place so its unlikely to be software14:43
* NCommander wonders if the kernel team was allowed near it14:44
NCommanderI think that's everything14:44
NCommander[topic] AOB14:44
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB14:44
rsalvetiso, regarding the powervr sgx driver for omap314:44
rsalvetilatest version they changed the license14:45
rsalvetifrom export control to TSPA (no registration required)14:45
ograsweet !14:45
rsalvetiand from the license definition we're able to distribute it14:45
ogradoes that mean we can pull it to multiverse ?14:45
rsalvetistill restricted, but we can pull it14:45
rsalvetias they libraries are just binaries14:45
rsalvetidon't know how we work with proprietary stuff14:46
ograwell, if its suitable for restricted/multiverse we should immediately upload it there14:46
rsalvetithere are 2 pieces, one is the kernel part, that's GPL14:46
ograand build our images with it14:46
rsalvetianother is the libraries14:46
rsalvetiI created a first version for the packages, and described the test howto at http://people.canonical.com/~rsalveti/maverick/sgx/HOWTOINSTALL.txt14:46
ograif its not different to nvidia/fglrx we can use it14:46
rsalvetifor now I'm separating the kernel part because we should discuss to understand where it should be integrated14:47
rsalvetiogra: guess it's the same14:47
ograrsalveti, you shouldnt use m-a14:47
ogrause DKMS14:47
MootBotLINK received:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsalveti/4989404974/14:47
rsalvetithe driver running with beagle xM14:47
ograif you could repack them with DKMS they can go in14:47
persiarsalveti, Could you post the license somewhere?14:47
rsalvetiogra: yep, saw that after using m-a14:47
rsalvetipersia: sure14:48
rsalvetiogra: I can work on it14:48
ograawesome !14:48
rsalvetiogra: then the libraries also need some more love14:48
ograthat would be a big step14:48
rsalvetias it'll conflict with mesa ones14:48
ogralike nividas14:48
ograor fglrx14:48
ogralook at these packages14:49
persiaNo, it's not as bad as nvidia, but there's work to be done14:49
ograthey handle the mesa replacements somehow14:49
rsalvetipersia: http://people.canonical.com/~rsalveti/maverick/sgx/TSPA.txt14:49
rsalvetiogra: yep, will check with these packages14:49
rsalvetiand with asac, as I remember there was a proposal for opengles14:50
ogracool, thanks a lot, thats so awesome14:50
ograyou really really rock !"14:50
rsalvetiObject Code License.  For the Licensed Materials provided in object code format, TI hereby grants to you a limited, non-exclusive license to reproduce and use the Licensed Materials provided to you in object code format and to distribute an unlimited number of object or executable copies of such object code Licensed Materials.14:50
ograall beer at UDS is on me !14:50
GrueMasterVery nice.  With those installed how well does unity work?14:50
rsalvetithis is the piece that I like the most, from the license14:50
ograGrueMaster, i think clutter still has issues14:50
GrueMasterDamn, I won't be there for free beer.14:50
rsalvetiGrueMaster: still didn't check unity14:51
rsalvetibut probably has issues14:51
ograand i think we'll need an xserver for it long term ...14:51
ograwhich doesnt exist at all afaik14:51
rsalvetipersia: can you check the license later?14:51
rsalvetito see if I'm right on it14:51
persiarsalveti, that license looks OK, depending on the additional materials provided: stuff that falls afoul of the export restrictions, registration requirments, royalty requirements, etc. might have to be multiverse.  Other stuff could be universe.14:52
ograpersia, well, main then14:52
persiaI'm not authoritative, but I've read a lot of licenses, so there's probably at least an 80% chance the archive-admins would have a similar opinion.14:52
ograif we can ship it we can add it to the images14:52
persiaogra, Doesn't matter really.14:53
ografrom an image guy POV it does :)14:53
* persia adds "really get rid of the main/universe distinction" to the list of things to bring to UDS14:53
persiaNot really, but sure :)14:53
ograwell, make it "on image/not on image" then :P14:53
persiaWell, no, but never mind :)14:54
ograrsalveti, what about the GPLed kernel bit, culd we get it in the tree ?14:55
ograwe wouldnt need m-a or DKMS then14:55
rsalvetiogra: I'd love if we could move to the tree14:55
rsalvetimaybe to staging14:56
ogralag, ^^^ ??14:56
persialag, ?14:56
ograrsalveti, even as sauce or under the ubuntu/ dir :)14:56
rsalvetiogra: could be14:56
* ogra doesnt mind how ... as long as we can get it14:56
rsalvetilag: ?14:57
ograor mpoirier_ ^^^14:57
rsalvetithat's why he uses lag as nick14:57
mpoirier_Yes, no problem.14:57
ograthere is a special meaning ... i always suspected that14:57
mpoirier_but again, I don't have a board to test.14:57
rsalvetimpoirier_: do you have a beagle?14:57
ogrampoirier_, omap3 ?14:57
rsalvetinormal beagle14:57
ograC4 or some such will do14:58
ograwe dont have these libs for omap4 yet14:58
mpoirier_omap3 - no problem.14:58
rsalvetimpoirier_: if you can work on it I'll send you the links14:58
rsalvetiwe can talk on #ubuntu-arm14:58
mpoirier_yes indeed, more more details.14:58
NCommanderwe're almost out of time, can I close the meeting?14:58
rsalvetino more topics from me14:58
MootBotMeeting finished at 08:59.14:59
=== cking-afk is now known as cking
bilalakhtarKeybuk: Howdy!15:20
bilalakhtarKeybuk: Is there some part of Upstart in which I can help?15:20
Keybukwhich bit would you like to help with?15:21
bilalakhtarKeybuk: I am an intermediate developer, so would like to help out in developing some easy part15:21
bilalakhtarperhaps Upstart is made up of difficult code!15:21
Keybukthere aren't really many easy parts15:22
Keybukthere isn't much code, in fact15:22
bilalakhtarUpstart is small? o_O15:22
Keybukyeah, 4000-odd lines of code15:22
Keybukand a portion of those are auto-generated15:23
bilalakhtarokay, that's small-to-medium15:23
Keybukwhat kind of projects do you work on at the moment?15:26
bilalakhtarKeybuk: Ubuntu (Of course!), Gwibber, The papercuts project15:26
bilalakhtartrivial parts!15:26
Keybukwhat languages?15:27
bilalakhtarKeybuk: C mainly, then comes python and PHP15:28
* BlackZ thinks this is not the right channel to talk about that15:28
bilalakhtarKeybuk: That;s all, I will look at a few upstart bugs to begin with, if I am able to fix 'em. Thanks!15:29
bilalakhtarBlackZ: okay15:29
Keybukthat's probably the best way to get started15:30
Keybuktake a look at some bugs and ask me how I'd fix them15:30
AnAntHello, I possibly won't be able to attend the DMB today, since something has come up at work. If I don't show up, then I'm sorry for that very short notice.15:46
bilalakhtarhello there cjwatson !16:00
cjwatsongeser,persia,stgraber,soren: ping16:01
MichealHHi bilalakhtar , cjwatson16:01
cjwatsoncan't see Cody or Richard on IRC16:01
bilalakhtar'Hi' has replaced 'pong' nowadays16:04
geserpong :)16:04
bilalakhtargeser: :D16:04
ari-tczewpoor attendance :(16:05
czajkowskicjwatson: don't know if you saw but anAnt gave apologies there at 15:45 for DMB today16:05
cjwatsonI did16:05
* bilalakhtar fears a repeat of 31st of august16:06
ari-tczewwake up16:06
bilalakhtarcalm down, ari-tczew let us wait16:06
cjwatsonlack of attendance is certainly beginning to irritate me.  we should switch to the new schedule next meeting16:06
cjwatsonari-tczew: (the people who see what you're saying are *already here*)16:07
bilalakhtarcjwatson: Monday 12:00 UTC?16:07
ari-tczew12:00 UTC is very early date16:07
bilalakhtarari-tczew: It will keep on rotating16:07
cjwatsonthe new schedule is alternating 12:00 UTC and 19:00 UTC on Mondays16:07
MichealH12:00 = Cant do16:07
cjwatsonno single time fits everyone16:07
MichealHcjwatson: Agreed16:08
bilalakhtarfor me, almost every time fits. I am in the middle of the world :)16:08
ari-tczew<3 <3 <3 <3 <316:08
MichealHbilalakhtar: Me too16:08
* bilalakhtar wants ari-tczew to calm down16:09
cjwatsonI've SMSed Soren16:09
ari-tczewbilalakhtar: I;m very relaxed, don't be afraid.16:09
ari-tczewjust love sarcasm :P16:09
MichealHari-tczew: Well, If you didnt notice, this place is for formal discussions :)16:09
cjwatsonlet me see if I can find Cody's and Emmet's numbers16:09
bilalakhtarI saw soren around 45 minute earlier on #launchpad16:10
cjwatsonSMSed Cody16:11
cjwatsonSMSed Emmet16:12
cjwatsonCody sends apologies16:12
ari-tczewlet's go drinking!16:13
cjwatsondoes anyone have Richard's or Stéphane's mobile numbers?16:13
gesercjwatson: didn't nixternal send recently an email with his number to the DMB list (in a reply for missing votes)?16:14
cjwatsongood call.  I'll text him16:15
* MichealH could help if needed16:15
cjwatsononly if you have Stéphane's mobile number ...16:16
czajkowskiMichealH: I think they're trying to actually get the DMB members here16:16
cjwatsonother than that I've done the best I can16:16
MichealHczajkowski: Okay16:17
bilalakhtarThanks cjohnston , let us hope your efforts do make a difference16:17
bilalakhtarcjwatson: ^^16:17
bilalakhtarcjohnston: sorry, unping16:17
MichealHbilalakhtar: Let me gues... cj<tab>16:17
MichealHDo cjw<tab>16:18
* bilalakhtar goes for praying, will be back in 5 mins to see what's going on16:18
cjwatsonassuming :-( that nobody else shows up, I propose we hold an extra meeting to try to catch up, so the schedule would be: Monday 20 Sep @ 1200 UTC, Monday 27 Sep @ 1900 UTC, Monday 11 Oct @ 1200 UTC, Monday 25 Oct @ 1900 UTC16:18
cjwatsonand thenceforth every two weeks16:18
cjwatsonany objection?16:18
cjwatsonin the forlorn hope that we can actually get a quorum of board members to show16:19
czajkowskicjwatson: if you're the only board member present, tis your call :)16:19
ari-tczewget used to16:19
cjwatsongeser is here too16:20
czajkowskiok 216:20
ari-tczew Monday 27 Sep @ 1900 UTC my date16:20
MichealHI can do 27@ 19:0016:21
cjwatsonwe could start with 1900 instead if that suits the people who've been waiting for ages16:21
cjwatson(i.e. 20 Sep @ 1900, 27 Sep @ 1200, 11 Oct @ 1900, ...)16:21
MichealHI can do 10:00 UTC, yeah16:21
angelabadI can  Monday 20 Sep @ 120016:21
ari-tczewcjwatson: I would prefer 20th Sep 19:0016:21
sconklinI will show up at any time you choose16:21
cjwatsonMichealH: I don't see you on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda, are you applying?16:22
ari-tczewcjwatson: last time me and angelabad were not reviewed due to not quorum16:22
MichealHcjwatson: Im supporting bilalakhtar16:22
cjwatsonangelabad,bilalakhtar: quick show of hands on preferred time on 20 Sep?16:22
cjwatsonMichealH: ah16:22
cjwatsonari-tczew: I know :-(16:22
angelabadme last two times :-(16:23
MichealHcjwatson: I cant do 12:00 UTC (at school)16:23
ari-tczewangelabad: what do you think about 20th Sep 19:00 Utc?16:23
MichealHI can do 19:00 UTC though cjwatson16:23
bilalakhtarMichealH: please!16:23
bilalakhtarcjwatson: hmm, 19:00 UTC16:24
MichealHbilalakhtar: ?16:24
angelabadfor at 20th the time isnt important16:24
bilalakhtarMichealH: Please don't bug DMB members for nothing, your opinion is not needed right now16:24
ari-tczewcjwatson: I don't want be demanding, but I guess that  next meeting should be planned for delayed people : me and angelabad16:24
* bilalakhtar doesn't know why he is missed out16:24
cjwatsonari-tczew: certainly, the queue is in FIFO order16:25
cjwatsonari-tczew: you're first on the list followed by angelabad16:25
bilalakhtarthen Jmos, then me16:25
MichealHSo there is no meeting?16:26
ari-tczewMichealH: bingo16:26
bilalakhtarMichealH: :( not for now, some time later16:26
ari-tczewwe just drinking coffe16:26
* MichealH /aways16:26
ari-tczewcjwatson: are you agree with 20th Sep 19:00 UTC?16:26
ari-tczewangelabad: ^^16:27
angelabadits ok for me16:27
MichealHari-tczew: Its okay for me16:27
bilalakhtarfine for me, though it might be a bit late in the night, but I accept it16:27
ari-tczewMichealH: nice, but where are you on Agenda wiki page?16:27
cjwatsonsigh.  I think we have to give up on today.  I'm composing a mail to the DMB right now, and have set a calendar event for myself: barring objections, I'll send it to ubuntu-devel-announce on Thursday16:27
MichealHari-tczew: Im supporting bilalakhtar16:27
czajkowskiMichealH: then it really doesnt matter what time tbh, they are trying to sort a date out for candidates not supporters16:28
MichealHczajkowski: Okay16:28
ari-tczewczajkowski: hmm, are you also related to meeting?16:28
cjwatsongeser said by mail that he may not be able to make it at 1200 generally, but can make 190016:28
czajkowskiari-tczew: no16:28
cjwatsonsoren is fine with 190016:28
bilalakhtarari-tczew: czajkowski isn't, she is the leader of the loco-council16:28
ari-tczewcjwatson: great 1900 rulez16:28
cjwatsonpersia can't do 190016:29
bilalakhtarpersia was usually fine with this time, what's the matter now?16:29
czajkowskinot leader, member.16:29
cjwatsonand I will harass everyone else16:29
cjwatsonbilalakhtar: 1900 is a pretty obnoxious time in Japan16:29
ari-tczewcjwatson: could you update wiki for date?16:29
cjwatsonI will do16:29
cjwatson1500 UTC is just "stay up late" kind of thing16:29
bilalakhtarsoren might come on the channel soon, he is just away16:30
bilalakhtarAND he was here an hour ago16:30
bilalakhtartalking on #launchpad16:30
cjwatsonthat would still only give us three16:30
ari-tczeweven so it's not quorum16:30
bilalakhtar3 - 4 = -116:30
cjwatsonright, tetchy mail sent to dmb@16:33
ari-tczewcjwatson: maybe dmb should invite more members?16:33
ari-tczewI suggest people like ScottK or dholbach16:33
cjwatsonwe had a nomination pass recently, and will be starting an election for that soon16:34
bilalakhtarwah! I dropped a plan to go to the beach because of this meeting, and, *sad*16:36
highvoltagecjwatson: did you get stgraber's number?16:37
cjwatsonhighvoltage: yes16:39
cjwatsonbilalakhtar: I'm sorry :(16:39
bilalakhtarcjwatson: ah, not your fault :)16:39
ari-tczewbilalakhtar: I suggest you to prepare some other work till next meeting16:40
nixternalargh, cjwatson sorry, I just got your message16:40
cjwatsonyay for SMS, eh?16:40
cjwatsonok, well, we're really too late to start now even if (say) soren does show up16:40
nixternalno, I forgot to turn my phone on this morning :)16:40
cjwatsonnixternal: see my mail to the board list, anyway16:41
nixternalroger that16:41
bilalakhtarcjwatson: Why are we late? What would stop you people from starting a meeting now for ari-tczew and angelabad , atleast?16:42
cjwatsontrue.  but we still only have three16:42
cjwatsonif somebody else shows up, and candidates are still here, and the channel is free, and people haven't had to wander off (which I'll need to do in about an hour and a quarter), then we can do some review16:43
* bilalakhtar hopes soren comes around and geser doesn't wander16:44
angelabadI can wait for one hour more or less16:47
AnAntI'm here16:47
highvoltagecjwatson: didn't you get hold of stgraber?16:47
bilalakhtarAnAnt: The meeting hasn't started yet :(16:48
bilalakhtarAnAnt: no quorum :((((((((((((((((((16:48
cjwatsonhighvoltage: I don't have his phone number, and he isn't responding on IRC.  He's often not available at this time anyway16:48
highvoltagecjwatson: ok, he's sitting right next to me (sorry I understood that you did)16:49
macohighvoltage: poke him?16:49
highvoltagecjwatson: he's poked, I'm not sure if it's too late though16:49
cjwatsongeser: are you still around?16:49
* stgraber waves16:49
* geser is still around16:49
AnAntso I made it16:50
cjwatsonaha!  then we have quorum, however briefly16:50
stgrabersorry, Tuesday morning is always extremely busy ... we should really change meeting time16:50
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
MootBotMeeting started at 10:50. The chair is cjwatson.16:50
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:50
cjwatsonstgraber: see your mail16:50
stgrabercjwatson: rocks!16:50
cjwatson[TOPIC] MOTU Application: Artur Rona16:50
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU Application: Artur Rona16:50
cjwatsonari-tczew: ... if you're still here16:50
ari-tczewcjwatson: o/16:51
ari-tczewHello, my name is Artur and I like kebab.16:51
bilalakhtarWow! Meeting started! o_O16:52
* cjwatson finishes reading16:53
ari-tczewPlease ask if you have any doubts. I wouldn't leave understatements.16:53
cjwatsonok, so the general opinion I'm getting reading through comments from others on your wiki page is that people had got the impression in the past that you were rather impatient and there were some concerns about making sure that everyone was on the same page regarding freeze processes and the like, but that things seemed to be improving16:54
cjwatsonas a MOTU, what would your focus over the next few weeks leading up to release be?16:54
ari-tczewcjwatson: I prefer to work on merges during development cycle.16:55
ari-tczewand till next development cycle I'd like fix security issues16:55
cjwatsoncan you just clarify what you mean by "development cycle" there, as a few people use that term in different ways?16:56
ari-tczewcjwatson: e.g. maverick May 2010 - Feature Freeze (13th Sep)16:57
cjwatsonthere are great comments from the main security team members here16:57
macocjwatson: about his understanding of freezes, he came to me before feature freeze for sponsorship to ensure he wouldnt be breaking freeze16:57
cjwatsonwhat sort of state is universe security in at the moment?  I look at the raw data from time to time, but it doesn't really give the big picture16:57
cjwatsonmaco: thanks16:57
cjwatson(anyone else going to ask anything, or is it just me? :-) )16:58
nixternalI noted that as well. Seems all comments are fairly positive with a few showing a bit of concern16:58
ari-tczewcjwatson: I respect FF. do you mean Laney comment?16:58
nixternalari-tczew: what are your plans from now until release? if you were granted MOTU, what would see out of you in the next couple of weeks?16:59
cjwatsonari-tczew: hm?  no, I meant the comments from Kees, Jamie, and Marc, which are all very positive16:59
* stgraber switches to the n900, needs to be out of the office for a few minutes16:59
cjwatsonnixternal: mm, I thought I asked that above :)16:59
cjwatson16:54 <cjwatson> as a MOTU, what would your focus over the next few weeks leading up to release be?16:59
nixternalheh, I didn't see that one slip in17:00
ari-tczewnixternal: yes, I just answered this to cjwatson17:00
ari-tczewnixternal: http://paste.ubuntu.com/493711/17:00
nixternalahh, fix security issues. yeah, think i could have done without the paste17:01
nixternalto early to read small fonts i guess17:01
ari-tczewI would assure that I will ask on #ubuntu-motu when I will be not sure.17:01
ari-tczewpackage don't need merging in future - libpdfbox-java and ddd17:02
ari-tczewLooking on my comments, people see improve in my person and I'm going to better.17:02
cjwatsonI think I'm ready to vote at this point; does anyone have further questions?17:03
* geser has none17:03
nixternalnone here17:03
cjwatson[VOTE] Artur Rona for MOTU17:04
MootBotPlease vote on:  Artur Rona for MOTU.17:04
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:04
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:04
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:04
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:04
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:04
* bilalakhtar rocks on ari-tczew 17:04
MootBot+1 received from geser. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:04
bilalakhtarCongrats ari-tczew !17:05
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 417:05
cjwatsonari-tczew: welcome, and thank you for your patience17:05
nixternalcongrats and welcome ari-tczew \o/17:05
ari-tczewthanks everyone!17:05
bilalakhtarari-tczew is a MOTU!17:05
ari-tczewbilalakhtar: calm down :P17:06
cjwatson(excuse me, firefox is being slow again)17:06
* nixternal chuckles - chromium -dev is nice and fast :)17:06
ari-tczewvery long way, but it;s gained :)17:07
cjwatson[TOPIC] Universe Contributor Application: Angel Abad17:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Universe Contributor Application: Angel Abad17:07
cjwatsonangelabad: still here?17:07
angelabadyes, im here17:07
angelabadany questions?17:08
cjwatsonexcuse me, my father just called, can somebody please drive for a bit?17:08
bilalakhtarangelabad: they're reading, wait for a few minutes17:08
angelabadok, sorry17:08
nixternalnice endorsements, looks like good work all around17:08
angelabadnixternal, thanks!17:09
cjwatsonthis all looks pretty good.  you mention you're planning on doing sponsorship work; what skills do you feel you need to develop there?17:10
nixternal"I dont like very much that sometimes poorly tested software is included in Ubuntu distribution. Sometimes it is better to have stability that the latest version."   <- ahh, a breath of fresh air. my same exact thoughts, though I like to expand on that. I don't like when devs upload a crap package just to try and beat a freeze, or upload a package during the beginning of the cycle without much testing, therefor leading to a ton of blog17:10
cjwatsoncut off at "ton of blog"17:11
zkriesseG'day...supporting my buddy bilalakhtar17:12
nixternal...therefor leading to a ton of blog posts and tweets on how to get around the mess they created17:12
angelabadcjwatson, first gain more experience17:12
angelabadcjohnston, and second improve my English17:15
angelabadsorry cjwatson, and sorry for my lag17:15
cjwatsonanyone have further questions?17:16
* nixternal none17:17
* geser none too17:17
cjwatson[VOTE] Angel Abad for Universe Contributor17:17
MootBotPlease vote on:  Angel Abad for Universe Contributor.17:17
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:17
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:17
cjwatson(implies Ubuntu membership)17:17
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:17
MootBot+1 received from geser. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:18
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:18
zkriesseCan I vote?17:18
bilalakhtarzkriesse: no!17:18
cjwatsonmembers of https://launchpad.net/~developer-membership-board may vote17:18
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:19
nixternalcongrats and welcome angelabad \o/17:19
stgrabersorry, just got back in the office17:19
bilalakhtarCongrats angelabad !17:19
angelabadthanks a lot!17:19
* bilalakhtar looks around for Kmos, but he isn't here17:20
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 417:20
cjwatsonthanks angelabad, and keep it up :-)17:20
cjwatsonlet's move on to bilalakhtar then17:21
angelabadcjwatson, thanks!17:21
* bilalakhtar climbs up the stage17:21
cjwatson[TOPIC] MOTU Application: Bilal Akhtar17:21
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU Application: Bilal Akhtar17:21
gesercjwatson: when looking at the agenda, can we finalize coolbhavi's application or are votes still missing?17:21
ari-tczew+1 for geser17:21
cjwatsongeser: I think we can, how about I look at that when I'm preparing the minutes?17:21
bilalakhtar+1 for cjwatson17:21
gesercjwatson: sure, thanks17:22
JamesMR+7 for me17:22
stgraberyeah, back on a decent keyboard !17:22
bilalakhtarMy recent sponsorships, as I have mentioned, have been very much flawless, so I applied for MOTU17:23
bilalakhtarI have been involved with the papercuts project as well, with kenvandine and seb128 sponsoring my changes17:24
* cjwatson is still reading17:24
geserbilalakhtar: I see that you would like to see REVU in more use again: how do you plan do deal with the problem that people vanish after they got their package into the archive and leave the further maintainance to MOTU?17:24
bilalakhtargeser: If I become MOTU, I would continue to fix bugs in packages, upgrade it from upstream, etc17:25
geserbilalakhtar: for all packages you advocated on REVU?17:25
bilalakhtargeser: I would never leave a package alone. For example, package gnome-media-player in Ubuntu has one bug, which I am unable to understand. I asked the reporter for more info, pending17:26
bilalakhtargeser: I would subscribe to bug mail, add 'em to a list and keep updating/asking the uploader for upgrades17:26
bilalakhtar''em' above refers to packages17:27
geserand if the uploader vanishes/doesn't respond?17:27
bilalakhtargeser: then do it myself17:27
* geser is impressed17:27
bilalakhtaras I said, I usually don't leave some work alone. I have been involved with upstream development of my package gnome-media-player as well17:27
cjwatsonso, hm.  I think you're the youngest applicant I remember reviewing.  It's really good to see people get seriously involved earlier.  How do you find that Ubuntu work ties in with things like school commitments?17:27
bilalakhtarI have upgraded 3 packages in all17:27
bilalakhtarcjwatson: my vacations are going on, and I am a lot free17:28
bilalakhtarI keep spreading Ubuntu in my school a lot17:28
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-lunch
bilalakhtarMy computer lab has 3 computers running Ubuntu17:28
bilalakhtaralmost the whole of my class has Ubuntu CDs17:28
bilalakhtarI distributed it to them17:29
bilalakhtarI will take breaks from developing only during exams for 2-3 weeks, that's all17:29
nixternalahh to be young and energetic again :D17:29
maconixternal: maybe if you stopped tiring yourself out on that bike, old man17:30
* maco runs17:30
bilalakhtarMy schools will reopen after 2 weeks, but I will keep developing at full speed for atleast another month, upto 3-4 more months, then a 2 week break, then full speed again!17:30
JamesMRbilalakhtar: what about revising for exams?17:30
bilalakhtarJamesMR: I can manage it myself17:30
JamesMRyou'd surely need more than 2-3 weeks o.o17:30
nixternalmaco: I am starting to feel older and a hell of a lot grumpier, almost like ScottK grumpier :p17:30
bilalakhtarI know python/PHP/C/C++/Java17:30
bilalakhtaroops, add HTML/CSS to the list17:30
bilalakhtarso I know quite a lot early and I can maintain MOTU if I become one, for atleast 6 years17:31
bilalakhtarand I aim to become a canonical employee :D17:31
nixternalbilalakhtar: thanks for taking care of krename. i usually do it since i love that app to death, but was gone during that time period. I see the good ol' KUBUNTU POT file crap caught you, glad I am not the only one that has been bitten by it17:31
* zkriesse would like to add something to bilalakhtar's list of contributions17:31
bilalakhtarthanks nixternal17:31
bilalakhtarno package can be called crap17:32
=== cjwatson_ is now known as cjwatson
nixternalbilalakhtar: also with that one, i am supposed to maintain it in debian but never get around to it, so if it needs updating in debian, you could always update there and try to sync locally. at least that is what I used to do17:32
bilalakhtarPackages are cool17:32
cjwatsoncould somebody paste the logs from after "<bilalakhtar> I will take breaks from developing only during exams for 2-3 weeks, that's all"?  I lost connectivity17:32
bilalakhtarnixternal: definitely17:32
cjwatson(by /msg)17:32
bilalakhtarAnyone here going to give the logs to cjwatson or should I do?17:33
cjwatsonthanks, got it17:33
bilalakhtarI keep learning things all the time17:33
stgrabercjwatson: done17:33
bilalakhtarand I still remember VB, my first language17:33
ari-tczewcjwatson: http://paste.ubuntu.com/493726/17:33
* maco shudders17:33
bilalakhtarI have always obeyed the Freezes, I requested and got an FF a month ago, though I was not goin to be the uploader of the package17:34
cjwatsonexams> can't begrudge you that, certainly.  I was just looking at ari-tczew's comment that he felt your application was requested too quickly; I can see it either way, you've been involved at least a few months now and certainly over the bare minimum.  How would you reply to his comment?17:34
bilalakhtarthere was a LOT of time between my first proper upload in Ubuntu and the beginning of my packaging work17:35
bilalakhtarI began with being the PPA maintainer of gnome-media-player17:35
MichealHCan I add something for bilalakhtar17:35
bilalakhtarthen tried getting it into Ubutnu17:35
cjwatsonMichealH: certainly17:35
bilalakhtarthen someone on #ubuntu-motu advised me it wa too late in the lucid cycle to get it into Ubuntu, so I tried it for maverick, and got it in17:35
bilalakhtarI have 5 new packages pending an upload in Debian17:36
MichealHHe has been the one getting me intrested in bugs and packaging and has been a inspiration to me. I would definanly like to see him get +1's all round17:36
MichealHBecause he has helped me on my Packaging/MOTU/bug journeyu17:36
bilalakhtarAnd sponsors on Debian have pointed out a few packaging mistakes there a few months ago, with a shared lib called liboauth17:36
bilalakhtarpackaging shared libs sure needs a lot of knowledge, which I learnt17:36
seb128bilalakhtar has been doing nice work on some desktop bugs17:37
bilalakhtarso I know a lot about packaging, thanks to pabs in Debian and package liboauth!17:37
seb128(just adding a comment, I'm in another meeting as well)17:37
cjwatsonI'm still ridiculously careful with shared library packaging ;-)17:37
bilalakhtarcjwatson: :)17:37
macoi just hope someone else does it :P17:37
zkriesseMy name is Zach zkriesse on IRC, some of you may know me from somewhere around the 'Buntu realm. Currently I'm the lead for the Ubuntu Youth Team which bilalakhtar has just recently joined, and he's offered to come up with some packaging/dev tutorials for the newer/younger users to Ubuntu...he's doing a great job and I'd love to see him around...17:37
nixternalwell, you can't get any better endorsement than one from seb128 :)17:37
bilalakhtarThanks seb128 a lot!!17:37
bilalakhtarzkriesse: thanks for mentioning that17:38
nixternal"I am 14 years old. Who said kids kan't kode? (well, I hate KDE)"17:38
nixternaloh, not a good thing to say around me!!!17:38
bilalakhtarnixternal: haha, a joke!17:38
MichealHnixternal: Bias? :O17:38
bilalakhtarI hate KDE for using, but I like its apps17:38
bilalakhtarnixternal: ^^17:38
nixternaljust a bit17:38
bilalakhtarI prefer the KDE apps more than the DE17:39
nixternal$5 and I will look past that one :D17:39
ari-tczewabout my comment: It's only my view, not negative comment.17:39
bilalakhtarKate, KOffice, Dolphin, etc17:39
* nixternal has no more questions17:39
bilalakhtarAnd I like the Qt toolkit a lot17:39
cjwatsonari-tczew: understood, just thought it worth exploring17:39
* MichealH disappears again17:39
ari-tczewI'd keep bilalakhtar in work to show perfect packaging level. :)17:40
cjwatsonok, anything else before we move to a vote?17:40
cjwatsonthanks to the cheerleading fraternity ;-)17:40
bilalakhtarAs I have been in my recent work, I will surely try to make sure each one of my upload is perfect17:41
bilalakhtarI have been testing maverick since alpha 217:41
ari-tczewbtw. before close this topic, what about coolbhavi's case?17:41
cjwatsone-mail majority on coolbhavi was +1 with a review in (some months, I haven't collated the information yet)17:42
bilalakhtarI have also (indirectly) fixed a (major) bug  in maverick, lemme check for the bug number17:42
bilalakhtarbug #62672317:42
ubottuLaunchpad bug 626723 in apache2 (Ubuntu Maverick) "init script resets isig flag in an incorrect manner" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62672317:42
cjwatsonah yes, I saw that one, that was a good catch17:42
bilalakhtarI found out the fix, poked zul  and he fixed it17:42
cjwatson[VOTE] Bilal Akhtar for MOTU17:42
MootBotPlease vote on:  Bilal Akhtar for MOTU.17:42
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:42
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:42
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:42
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:43
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:43
MootBot+1 received from geser. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:43
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 417:44
cjwatsonbilalakhtar: welcome!17:44
bilalakhtarcjwatson: Thanks17:44
bilalakhtarTHanks all!17:44
bilalakhtargeser, cjwatson , stgraber , nixternal , seb128 : All thanks!17:44
ari-tczewcongrats bilalakhtar17:44
bilalakhtarThanks ari-tczew !!!17:44
geserIIRC bilalakhtar beats wgrant in becoming the youngest MOTU by 2 years :)17:45
nixternalcongrats and welcome bilalakhtar \o/17:45
seb128bilalakhtar, well done17:45
ari-tczewbilalakhtar: don't making mistakes :P17:45
bilalakhtarThanks all!17:45
nixternalgeser: wgrant and nhandler17:45
cjwatsonif bilalakhtar is anywhere near as productive as wgrant, I'll be happy17:45
* bilalakhtar will try to be17:45
nixternalwgrant is productive? when he isn't complaining about LP :p  he knows I love um!17:45
cjwatson"Set new meeting time and rotation", we did that17:46
ari-tczewgeser: how old was wgrant when he applicated to motu?17:46
cjwatsonAnAnt: still here?17:46
AnAntcjwatson: yes17:46
cjwatson[TOPIC] PPU Application (sl-modem): Ahmed El-Mahmoudy17:47
MootBotNew Topic:  PPU Application (sl-modem): Ahmed El-Mahmoudy17:47
cjwatson(sorry, my IRC client is not going to be able to manage to produce your name in the correct script)17:47
AnAntno problem17:47
AnAntok, so as I've mentioned I've been maintaining sl-modem on Debian since about 2 years17:48
AnAntand I sync back to Ubuntu17:48
geserAnAnt: no plans for the future? nothing you dislike in Ubuntu?17:48
nixternalgeser: i think those were covered when AnAnt went for contrib dev and motu :p17:49
geserah, ok then17:49
nixternalhaha, i was just messing. surely things have changed since then17:49
cjwatsonEmmet's comment is a pretty good summary here, and generally I have no issues giving the person obviously most involved with a package (in Debian and Ubuntu) the ability to upload it17:50
nixternalsame here17:50
* nixternal has no ?'s17:50
AnAntgeser: MOTU app has it17:51
cjwatson[VOTE] Ahmed El-Mahmoudy for per-package upload (sl-modem)17:51
MootBotPlease vote on:  Ahmed El-Mahmoudy for per-package upload (sl-modem).17:51
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot17:51
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting17:51
* geser forgot that AnAnt is already a MOTU17:51
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 117:51
MootBot+1 received from geser. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 217:51
cjwatson(if moving to a vote isn't premature)17:51
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 317:52
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 417:52
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 417:52
nixternalthat was easy </staple's button push>17:52
cjwatson[TOPIC] Kernel package set application: Steve Conklin17:53
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel package set application: Steve Conklin17:53
cjwatsonI gather the kernel meeting is in here right after this, so they have a reason to wait ;-)17:53
bjfcjohnston: ack17:53
cjwatsonsconklin: hi17:54
sconklingood whatever17:54
nixternalyeah, this shouldn't be that hard of an application17:54
nixternalI've appointed Steve as the next stable release manager beginning with the Natty Narwhal UDS.17:54
nixternalThat assignment implies the level of confidence that I have in Steve's abilities as I consider the17:54
cjwatsonso, I know Steve, maybe somebody else can do most of the interrog^Wquestioning :)17:54
nixternalmaintenance of our existing kernels to be extremely important.17:55
nixternal^^ from Tim17:55
nixternalI think that sums everything up right there17:55
smbAnd being the current one I get bored of checking uploads for Steve, not finding an issue and then just signing things. :-P17:56
sconklinaw shucks17:56
nixternalI would love to ask "any plans for working outside the kernel?" but I know how demanding that work is, and honestly I would rather have you spending your time there than outside somewhere else. without that kernel us outside would have nothing to do :)17:56
sconklinActually I have the debian packaging of d-rats (initial packaging done) and am going to bug my sponsor for an upload today . . .17:57
sconklinuserspace amateur radio app17:57
=== Ursinha-lunch is now known as Ursinha
cjwatsonI shall have to nobble you at some point about the whole business of switching smoothly from a VESA mode to a KMS mode, which, er, isn't so smooth right now ... but perhaps this meeting isn't the right place17:58
MootBotLINK received:  http://www.ai4qr.com/debian/17:58
nixternal"I could do a better job of communicating what I'm doing to the community in general. A lot of things I work on are interesting, but I seldom take the time to blog about them or to use other social media to talk about what I'm doing."17:58
sconklinfor my packaging on that17:58
nixternal^^ that takes getting used to. though I have done exactly that in the past, only to get burned out trying to do it all the time17:59
nixternalnow I just use social media to bitch and moan :)17:59
sconklinand cjwatson, that's a pretty involved discussion17:59
stgraberjust wondering, are there any plan on improving the documentation on the kernel packaging magic ?17:59
maconixternal: hmm you *are* turning into scottk...17:59
nixternalScottK only wishes his grumpiness was as cool as mine17:59
nixternali love talking about him when he isn't around, so much fun!18:00
stgraberI had to do it a couple of times (for custom kernel when working with some colleage on lttng) and it's usually hard to find it and not always accurate (especially the abi-check part of it)18:00
* nixternal has no ?'s18:00
sconklinstgraber: it's an ongoing project for the kernel team to improve the wiki pages. But that's an area that still needs a lot of improvement18:00
sconklinthere have been a lot of wiki improvements for the kernel during the M cycle18:00
shadeslayernixternal: i think hes just lurking around the corner to pounce on you :P18:01
cjwatsonany further questions?18:01
tgardnercjwatson, shall we vote? we're running into the next meeting.18:01
cjwatsonmy thought exactly18:01
cjwatson[VOTE] Steve Conklin for ubuntu-kernel-uploaders18:02
* nixternal none18:02
MootBotPlease vote on:  Steve Conklin for ubuntu-kernel-uploaders.18:02
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot18:02
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting18:02
MootBot+1 received from nixternal. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 118:02
MootBot+1 received from tgardner. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 218:02
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 318:02
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 418:02
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 418:02
cjwatsonand just in time, that's the agenda as clear as we can get it given who's here18:02
cjwatsonthanks everyone for your continued patience18:02
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:02.18:02
sconklinThank you all18:02
JFocongrats sconklin!18:02
geserhmm, is 3 now quorum for DMB?18:02
lagWoooooooooooooooooooo sconklin18:02
apwcongrats sconklin18:02
tgardnercjwatson, thanks for chairing18:02
ogasawarasconklin: \o/18:02
kamalcongrats sconklin!18:03
stgraber+1 (btw)18:03
smbYay for sconklin18:03
tgardnerbjf, ok, on with the next meeting....18:03
cjwatsongeser: no?  we had 418:03
stgrabergeser: +118:03
MootBotMeeting started at 12:03. The chair is bjf.18:03
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]18:03
stgrabercjwatson: tgardner voted, not me ;)18:03
nixternalcjwatson: tgardner voted, not stgraber :D18:03
cjwatsonI didn't see that18:03
nixternalthat was funny!!!18:03
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:03
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick18:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick18:03
cjwatsonmy bad, but fortunately it worked out18:03
gesercjwatson: if you replace tgarnder's vote with stgraber's one than it matches18:03
bjf# NOTE: '..' indicates that you are finished with your input.18:04
cjwatsonmust make mootbot smarter18:04
sconklintgardner: you troublemaker18:04
stgrabercjwatson: we need LP-team support in mootbot ;)18:04
tgardnerall in ignorance, I assure you18:04
cjwatsonyeah yeah ;-)18:04
bjf[TOPIC] ARM Status (lag)18:04
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Status (lag)18:04
lag * Marvel (mvl-dove)18:04
lag   * Nothing new this week18:04
lag * Freescale (fsl-imx51)18:04
lag   * ON GOING : B605042: Java segfault on Freescale iMX5.1 Babbage board with Lucid - will try to bisect Lucid 2.6.31 kernel18:04
lag * Texas Instruments (ti-omap)18:04
lag   * ON GOING : B591941 Original patch was not complete - Adrian Hunter should release the final patch this week.18:04
lag   * ON GOING : B608266 Fix submitted and accepted - still waiting for mobile team to test.18:04
lag   * ON GOING : B633227 ES2.0 board is unstable when highmem is enabled - backported a patch from upstream to solve memtester issue18:04
lag   * ON GOING : B628029 ES2.0 board does not boot with CONFIG_PM enabled18:04
lag   * NEW      : B622935 a patch has been written - author needs to send it upstream18:04
lag   * PATCH    : Lots of TI audio patches have now been applied - testing under way18:04
lag   * PATCH    : B563650 upstream patch was applied18:04
lag   * PATCH    : B477106 Lucid alpha-2 and earlier freeze upon suspend with sd card plugged in with some hardware18:04
lag   * PATCH    : B588243 upstream patch was applied18:05
lag   * FIXED    : B613855 omap3 beagle XM MMC card always comes up read-only18:05
lag   * FIXED    : B605488 scheduling while atomic: mmcqd/46/0x0000000218:05
lag   * FIXED    : B589624 omap flavour does not work on beagle XM board18:05
lag   * FIXED    : B605832 LG monitor behaving incorrectly when used in conjunction with the Panda board and HDMI18:05
lag   * FIXED    : B477106 Maverick alpha-2 and earlier freeze upon suspend with sd card plugged in with some hardware18:05
lag   * FIXED    : B592295 omapdss DISPC error: SYNC_LOST_DIGIT18:05
lag   * FIXED    : B628107 false alarm - first boot loaded unstable kernel18:05
tgardnerlag, is yuor memtest solved with the cache line patch?18:05
lagIt's not mine, but I don't believe that it is18:06
bjf[TOPIC] Release Metrics: (JFo)18:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Release Metrics: (JFo)18:06
JFoRelease Meeting Bugs (12 bugs, 9 Blueprints)18:06
JFo==== Release Milestoned Bugs (71 across all packages (down 8)) ====18:06
JFo * 1 linux kernel bugs (no change)18:06
JFo * 0 linux-fsl-imx51 bugs (down 1)18:06
JFo * 0 linux-ec2 bugs (no change)18:06
JFo * 0 linux-mvl-dove bugs (no change)18:06
JFo * 0 linux-ti-omap bugs (no change)18:06
JFo * 0 linux-meta-ti-omap bug (no change)18:06
JFo==== Release Targeted Bugs (195 across all packages (down 7)) ====18:06
JFo * 7 linux kernel bugs (down 5)18:06
JFo * 1 linux-fsl-imx51 bugs (down 1)18:06
JFo * 1 linux-ec2 bugs (no change)18:06
JFo * 3 linux-mvl-dove bugs (no change)18:06
JFo * 1 linux-ti-omap bugs (no change)18:06
JFo * 0 linux-meta-ti-omap bug (no change)18:06
JFo==== Milestoned Features ====18:07
JFo * 13 blueprints (Including HWE Blueprints)18:07
JFo==== Bugs with Patches Attached:123 (up 6) ====18:07
JFo * [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.has_patch=on | Bugs with Patches]]18:07
JFo * [[http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/csv-stats/bugs-with-patches/linux/ | Breakdown by status]]18:07
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bug-handling (JFo)18:07
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bug-handling18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bug-handling (JFo)18:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bug-handling18:07
JFonothing to report. I have been slack in my updates on it18:08
JFowill work it the rest of this week18:08
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation (cking)18:08
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation18:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprint: kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation (cking)18:08
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/kernel-maverick-bios-test-automation18:08
ckingChanges this week to fwts:18:08
cking* Updated USB boot image tests to use the ncurses based dialog interface18:08
cking* natty branch:18:08
cking    mtrr: test for SYSCFG[MtrrFixDramModEn], more intelligent mtrr testing18:08
cking    klog + acpi tests: check for single MADT18:08
cking    pci: check for _CRS PCI host bridge configuration18:08
cking    acpidump: annotated dump of ERST, SLIT, SRAT, SBST, ECDT, CPEP, BERT,18:08
cking        DSDT, SSDT, RSDT, XSDT18:08
cking    lib: hexdump18:08
cking    bios: romdump (dump BIOS + option ROMs)18:08
cking    framework: add --show-progress-dialog option for dialog tool18:08
ogasawarafrom a blueprint point of view, the fwts looks finished18:09
bjfthis is dealing with a maverick blueprint but the status is natty related18:09
bjfogasawara: ack18:09
ckingoh, yes.18:09
ckingit's finished for maverick18:09
JFogreat work cking18:09
ogasawarabjf, cking: we can probably drop this from the weekly agenda18:09
JFoyou inspire me18:09
bjfi'll drop this18:09
ckinggood idea18:09
bjf[TOPIC] Status: Maverick (ogasawara)18:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Maverick (ogasawara)18:09
ogasawaraWe've uploaded a new Maverick kernel, 2.6.35-21.31.  This was to resolve linux-libc-dev ti-omap4 version conflicts which prevented any armel uploads.18:10
ogasawaraKernel Freeze is this Thurs Sept 16th.  After Kernel Freeze, we transition to our SRU policy.  I plan to upload our final Maverick kernel Sept 17th.  There is little to no room for uploading any kernels beyond the 17th as the archive will freeze in preparation for Mavrick's 10.10 Release Candidate.  Any patches which have any hope of landing the the 10.10 Maverick kernel need to be submitted and garnered the appropriate18:10
ogasawaraAck's prior to the 16th.18:10
ogasawaraWe are again nearing being above the trend line for our overall burn down chart.  We need to start closing out all remaining open work items.18:10
ogasawaraJFo, sconklin, apw, tgardner, jjohansen, smb: It appears you have open work items.  Please review if your work item(s) can be marked as DONE or POSTPONED, else get er done.18:10
JFoyep, will do18:10
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team.html18:10
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick#Milestone ubuntu-10.1018:10
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team.html18:10
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick#Milestone ubuntu-10.1018:10
jjohansenogasawara: done, just waiting for security to sign off18:11
* tgardner likes POSTPONED18:11
bjf[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)18:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)18:11
smb||                   || Upd./Sec.     || Proposed      || TiP || Verified    ||18:11
smb|| Dapper: Kernel    || 2.6.15-55.87  ||               ||     ||             ||18:12
smb|| Hardy:  Kernel    || 2.6.24-28.77  || (pending)     ||     ||             ||18:12
smb|| Jaunty: Kernel    || 2.6.28-19.64  ||               ||     ||             ||18:12
smb|| Karmic: Kernel    || 2.6.31-22.63  || 2.6.31-22.64  ||  21 ||  0/ 4       ||18:12
smb|| =       mvl-dove  || 2.6.31-214.30 || 2.6.31-214.31 ||  21 ||  0/ 4       ||18:12
smb|| =       fsl-imx51 || 2.6.31-112.28 ||               ||     ||             ||18:12
smb|| =       ec2       || 2.6.31-307.17 || 2.6.31-307.18 ||  21 ||  0/ 4       ||18:12
smb|| Lucid:  Kernel    || 2.6.32-24.42  || 2.6.32-25.43  ||  13 ||  1/25 (+ 1) ||18:12
smb|| =       LBM       || 2.6.32-24.17  || 2.6.32-25.22  ||  13 ||  0/ 4       ||18:12
smb|| =       mvl-dove  || 2.6.32-209.25 || (pending)     ||     ||             ||18:12
smb|| =       fsl-imx51 || 2.6.31-608.19 ||               ||     ||             ||18:12
smb|| =       ti-omap   || 2.6.33-502.10 ||               ||     ||             ||18:12
smb|| =       ec2       || 2.6.32-308.15 ||               ||     ||             ||18:12
smb * There are very little to no verifications coming in for the Karmic and Lucid18:12
smb   proposed kernels. It looks like we need to start our own bug(them)-squad.18:12
smb * Accepting packages into proposed also faces some delays as pitti was on18:12
smb   holiday and it feels like there is no real backup there.18:12
smb * Karmic-fsl-imx51 sounds like being dead to me. We should probably make an18:12
smb   official announcement that we won't do any security updates on it anymore18:12
smb   and see whether anybody cries.18:12
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)18:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)18:13
ogasawarasmb: if karmic-fsl-imx51 is indeed dead, that might automatically knock off one of your work items :)18:13
smbogasawara, indeed. :)18:13
JFo533 Maverick Bugs (up 85)18:14
JFo1036 Lucid Bugs (up 39)18:14
JFoCurrent regression stats (broken down by release):18:14
JFo==== regression-potential ====18:14
JFo  * 272 maverick bugs (up 47)18:14
JFo  * 170 lucid bugs (up 4: to be converted to regression-release)18:14
JFo==== regression-update ====18:14
JFo  * 47 lucid bugs (down 2)18:14
JFo  * 7 karmic bugs (no change)18:14
JFo  * 4 jaunty bugs (no change)18:14
JFo  * 0 hardy bugs (no change)18:14
JFo==== regression-release ====18:14
JFo  * 181 lucid bugs (up 4)18:14
JFo  * 37 karmic bugs (no change)18:14
JFo  * 18 jaunty bugs (no change)18:14
JFo  * 3 hardy bugs (no change)18:14
JFo==== regression-proposed ====18:14
JFo  * 7 lucid bugs (no change)18:14
JFo  * 1 karmic bug (no change)18:14
JFoWe are in the stage now where we are getting almost 90 bugs a week for Maverick18:14
ogasawaraJFo: any updates about regression-potential tag going away?18:14
JFoogasawara, yes, I need to take the regression potential tag out of the apport hok soon18:15
JFowill discuss with you after this18:15
JFoother than that, I have an update on it coming up18:15
JFoin the triage bit. :)18:15
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)18:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)18:16
JFoNext week's bug day will focus on the bugs with patches. We will be reviewing them to ensure that the attached is in fact a patch.18:16
JFoThere will be a bug day by the community team to help us address the regression-potential and regression-proposed bugs per18:16
JFoour latest conversation on the subject. I don't have date/time information as yet, but I will provide that as I have it.18:16
JFoWe will continue to have the Team Bug Day to address the Top 50 list as half days on Friday and Monday.18:16
JFoReviewers, please take a look at your needs-review lists and help us keep the process moving.18:16
JFoPlease also take ownership of your bugs as you work them so we can get them fixed or otherwise off the list.18:16
JFoThere are several subsystems owned by all that need to be reviewed for inclusion in our top 50 list.18:16
tgardnerJFo, remember we'll all be in Taipei next Monday18:17
bjfJFo: many folks are going to be in taipei does that change your plans18:17
JFoah yes18:17
JFoyes, it does18:17
JFoso I'll postpone the bug day till the week after18:17
* JFo makes a note18:17
bjf[TOPIC] Triage Status (JFo)18:18
MootBotNew Topic:  Triage Status (JFo)18:18
JFoThe Kernel Triage Summit was a success. I am thankful to all of you who were able to make yourselves available for the sessions. Thanks to sconklin, diwic, apw and ogasawara for holding the sessions. I'll be blogging about the event and making the transcripts and survey available to those who were unable to attend.18:18
sconklinThanks JFO, I thought we got good participation18:19
JFoany input you'd like to make on the Summit?18:19
JFosconklin, I did too18:19
JFoI was well pleased18:19
apwjust that we should touch those people who attended and showed interest again18:19
JFoI agree18:19
apwto follow up with them, and get their feedback individually18:19
JFoI'll be going though the transcript to see who was involved and get back with them18:19
ogasawaraand we should follow up that the info dispersed lands in a wiki page somewhere18:19
apwthere was some very good audio info in there we must not lose ..18:20
JFoI think that is the most important bit here18:20
JFoapw, definitely agree18:20
bjf[TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions: Raise your hand to be recognized (o/)18:21
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion or Questions: Raise your hand to be recognized (o/)18:21
kstaileyHPET + PAT = Oops (affects many systems) see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/563481/comments/3418:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 563481 in linux (Ubuntu) "BUG: Bad page state in process soffice.bin pfn:111e42" [Undecided,Incomplete]18:21
bjfJFo: go18:21
JFoAs we will be in Taipei next week, I'd like to see about doing the bug chat on Thursday or friday if you all agree18:21
JFosince we have not had one for a few weeks18:22
tgardnerJFo, get it on the calendar18:22
JFowill do18:22
apwJFo, works for me18:22
JFoapw, ack18:22
smbshould work for me as well18:22
JFoogasawara, sconklin smb that good for you guys?18:22
JFosmb, ack18:22
ogasawaraJFo: should work for me18:22
JFoogasawara, ack18:22
JFook, I'll schedule it up18:23
sconklinshould work for me18:23
JForather Thursday than friday18:23
JFosconklin, ack18:23
smbJFo, sounds good18:23
bjfanything else?18:23
bjfkstailey: go18:23
kstaileyHPET + PAT = Oops (affects many systems) see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/563481/comments/3418:23
ubottuLaunchpad bug 563481 in linux (Ubuntu) "BUG: Bad page state in process soffice.bin pfn:111e42" [Undecided,Incomplete]18:23
kstaileyplease help test, thanks18:23
ogasawarakstailey: which release?18:24
kstailey> Jaunty18:24
kstaileyin the past PAT was not enabled18:24
ogasawarakstailey: I assume there is a patch to fix it?  and if so is it upstream?18:24
* apw wonders how long jaunty has for support remaining18:25
tgardnerabout a month18:25
smbnot very long18:25
kstaileyKarmic and Lucid18:25
kstailey">" as in "greater than18:25
=== jsalisbury_ is now known as jsalisbury
kstaileyas in when PAT code was thrust upon the world18:25
apwyeah finally twigged that about 2s too late, ignore me pls18:25
kstaileygo search on: ubunut nopat18:26
kstaileyto see the impact18:26
kstaileyer, ubuntu18:27
apwif there is an upstream patch then could you send the patch on to kernel-team@ list, then it'll get on the list for consideration18:27
kstaileytry https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/120327/18:27
kstaileyno warrantees18:27
bjfanything else?18:28
=== jsalisbury is now known as jsalisbury_brb
bjfthanks everyone18:28
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:28.18:28
kamalthanks bjf18:28
JFothanks bjf18:28
ckingthanks bjf18:28
bjfbefore everyone leaves!!!!18:28
bjfshould we have a meeting at all next week?18:29
* smb waits18:29
JFokstailey, let's discuss what is needed to get this in front of the team in #ubuntu-kernel?18:29
bjfi'm thinking not18:29
tgardnerI'm thinking it'll be in the middle of my night18:29
bjfare those votes for a meeting or against a meeting?18:29
tgardnerits 0129 in Taipei right now18:29
ogasawara+1 for not having the meeting18:30
smbagainst having one18:30
bjfok, no meeting next week18:30
bjfthat's all, thanks again18:30
apwbjf thanks18:30
JFothanks bjf :)18:30
apwkstailey, do come join us on #ubuntu-kernel18:31
zul.--. ..-.. ...18:58
MootBotMeeting started at 13:00. The chair is jiboumans.19:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]19:00
* SpamapS is on fire19:00
jiboumans[TOPIC] Review ACTION points from previous meeting19:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Review ACTION points from previous meeting19:00
jiboumansi'll be your scribe/chair for the day19:00
jiboumansDaviey to contact upstream eucalyptus, regarding issues that seem to be blocked.19:00
Davieydone.. but a new issue arisen19:00
jiboumansdo tell19:01
Davieycurrently we are seeing a meta data service failure19:01
Davieyupstream have been notified by myself qand hggdh19:02
DavieyI have a trivial patch that seems to restore functinaility19:02
Davieybut really want upstream to dicuss it19:02
jiboumansok, that's bug 63765919:02
ubottuLaunchpad bug 637659 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Maverick) "metadata service returns 500 error" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63765919:02
jiboumansalright, let's move on then19:02
jiboumansjjohansen to follow up on bug 574910 with the current direction19:02
ubottuLaunchpad bug 574910 in linux-ec2 (Ubuntu) "High load averages on Lucid while idling" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57491019:02
jjohansenjiboumans: added some comments, I haven't nailed down any specific load averages19:03
jiboumansso what are we doing right now?19:03
jjohansenjiboumans: basically we need to search down every problem that could be causing high load averages19:04
jjohansenthere are a few known already19:04
jjohansenthe write back patches are in proposed.19:04
jjohansenThe high number of wakeups, is not properly address and last I saw still being examined upstream19:05
jjohansenbut there is something else going on too, and I haven't been able to replicate19:05
jiboumansmoving on: jjohansen and smoser to report on bug 613083 bug 606373 and next meeting19:06
ubottuBug 613083 on http://launchpad.net/bugs/613083 is private19:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 606373 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "cloud-init output does not get to console when booted with pv-grub and ramdisk" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60637319:06
jiboumanskernel upgrade in the cloud bugs19:07
jjohansen613083 has progress but we are not sure when the fix will hit19:07
smoserAmazon is looking into it.  Last i was aware, there were 2 bugs, one of them fixed on their side.  They indicated that no changes would be necessary in our kernels.19:07
jiboumansare tehy both on amazon?19:07
jjohansen606373 I thought I had a working fix, but smoser is reporting it doesn't work for him and we haven't had a chance to compare yet19:08
jiboumansok, so best we can do is track and provide information i suppose19:08
smoserbug 60637319:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 606373 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "cloud-init output does not get to console when booted with pv-grub and ramdisk" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60637319:08
smoserjiboumans, yes. for 613083, we should have nothing to do.  I have reasonable confidence that it will be fixed.19:09
jiboumanssounds like we've done what we can from our side19:09
jiboumansmoving on19:09
jiboumanssommer and mathiaz to sync up regarding puppet server guide19:09
mathiazjiboumans: I haven't had to review the puppet section19:10
mathiazjiboumans: it seems that it landed though19:10
sommerit's pretty simple so shouldn't take too long :)19:10
mathiazsommer: ok - I'll give it a look19:10
sommermathiaz: thanks I appreciate it19:10
jiboumans[ACTION] mathias to review puppet server guide entry19:10
MootBotACTION received:  mathias to review puppet server guide entry19:10
jiboumansRoAkSoAx to email ubuntu server mailing list with update of cluster stack progress19:11
* jiboumans waits for roaksoax19:12
RoAkSoAxwell unfortunately I didn't email because we've been working on getting the packages done and I wanted to provide an update after the work was done given that right after last meeting we received further input on our issues that kinda helped us on see how to resolves our issues19:12
jiboumansroaksoax: so what's the current status?19:13
* jiboumans also notes it's finalfreeze on thursday19:13
RoAkSoAxjiboumans: packages should be in shape to hit main before final freeze. ivoks has to do a final upload with the fixes19:13
RoAkSoAxfinal fixes19:14
RoAkSoAxhoefully for today19:14
jiboumans[ACTION] roaksoax to announce updated cluster packages when they land, ETA before finalfreeze19:14
MootBotACTION received:  roaksoax to announce updated cluster packages when they land, ETA before finalfreeze19:14
ttxRoAkSoAx: on the release front it's tracked through bug 63588419:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 635884 in redhat-cluster (Ubuntu Maverick) "redhat-cluster fails to build from source in maverick" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63588419:14
jiboumans[TOPIC] Maverick develoment19:14
MootBotNew Topic:  Maverick develoment19:14
jiboumansall quiet on the western front; most development items are now around process, documentation, etc. most of our time is spent on testing, bug fixing & stabilization19:15
jiboumanswork item tracker looks all good from here and no real items left on the critical path19:15
jiboumansi'll hand over to ttx for the release critical issues19:15
SpamapSjiboumans: burnup is fixed btw. ;)19:15
ttxhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/MaverickReleaseStatus is almost up to date, smoser sneakily fixed bug 623609 15 minutes before the meeting19:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 623609 in grub2 (Ubuntu Maverick) "grub-pc needs some help in uec instances" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62360919:15
smoserit was fixed monday. silly launchpad just didn't know it.19:16
ttxright, is silly LP fixed now ?19:16
ttxsilly LP did not close the bugs automatically anymore.19:16
ttxon Daviey's plate we have:19:17
ttxBug 61705319:17
ubottuLaunchpad bug 617053 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Maverick) "on upgrade from 1.6.2, euca_upgrade should preserve DISABLE_ISCSI="Y"" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61705319:17
ttxBug 63765919:17
ubottuLaunchpad bug 637659 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Maverick) "metadata service returns 500 error" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63765919:17
ttxI think both are clsoe to get a fix19:17
Daviey(both would benefit from upstream reading)19:17
ttx2 new bugs have been assigned to JamesPage, I'll review and sponsor the proposed fixes19:17
Davieyboth seem to be fixed in bzr.. but waiting for them19:18
ttxthe redhat-cluster one we already mentioned19:18
ttxthat leaves Bug 632696, I'll sync with jdstrand later today19:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 632696 in libvirt (Ubuntu Maverick) "libvirt won't start a VM with serial or console when apparmor is enabled" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63269619:18
ttxOn the Other Critical/High Maverick bugs list, the only one with concern is, I think;19:19
ttxBug 58296319:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 582963 in apache2 (Ubuntu Maverick) "SSL pass phrase dialog can't read input" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58296319:19
jdstrandttx: hallyn mentioned he is tracking that down more since only he can reproduce it atm19:19
ttxjdstrand: ok19:19
hallyni think it needs to be 'invalid' again, haven't reproduced it since19:19
* hallyn wonders if there's an fd leak...19:20
ttxthat passphrase bug is slightly complex since it's an interaction/plymouth thing, and we broke things last time we tried to fix it19:20
ttxzul: could you ask someone more knowledgeable on upstart how we could fix that, and if it's safe to do before release ?19:21
zulttx: ack19:21
cjwatsonttx: LP fix is in progress, but in the meantime bugs need to be closed manually19:21
jdstrandhallyn: it wouldn't be the first time19:21
ttxcjwatson: thx for the update19:21
ttxBug 628055 - i'll reproduce it before throwing it to Daviey again19:21
ubottuLaunchpad bug 628055 in libvirt (Ubuntu Maverick) "Instances don't start correctly: Security Labeling error running aa_change_profile()" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62805519:21
ttxOnce you are done with those, please feel free to pick bugs in the last list19:22
ttxwe haven't had that many extra bugs fixed over the last week :)19:22
jiboumansttx: are we ready to move on?19:22
jiboumans[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)19:23
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)19:23
hggdhlife is good, with Eucalyptus swallowing all my time ;-)19:23
=== jsalisbury_brb is now known as jsalisbury
hggdhapart from that -- expect an email to -devel describing the changes we want to make on the regression-* tags19:23
* SpamapS likes the simplification19:24
hggdhwe propose to drop regression-potential, since it is pretty much only giving us more work19:24
hggdhbut details later19:24
* hggdh is done19:25
* jiboumans waits 5 more seconds for questions19:25
jiboumans[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)19:25
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)19:25
jiboumanslooks like we covered the first two already19:25
jiboumansbut not yet: Bug 621175 - -virtual kernel contains too many modules19:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 621175 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "-virtual kernel contains too many modules" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62117519:25
jjohansenshould be fixed19:26
ttxjjohansen: was reopened recently, was it re-fixed ?19:26
smoserits reported to be re-fixed.19:26
jjohansenah no, I hadn't noticed19:26
smosera permissions on a maintainance script that would do the module filtering19:26
jjohansenI'll check, and if it is still broken refix19:27
jiboumansjjohansen: anything else from the kernel front?19:27
jjohansenyeah, just a sec19:27
jjohansenBug #63431619:28
ubottuLaunchpad bug 634316 in linux (Ubuntu) "include amazon EBS performance patch in -virtual kernel" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63431619:28
jjohansenI am planning on recommending this patch unless anyone has issues with it19:28
jiboumansebs performance on ubuntu is something that's been lamented before19:28
jiboumansso if we have a fix, that'd be a good thing19:29
jiboumansjjohansen: can we get that one on lucid?19:29
jjohansenwell it does come with risk as it hasn't been well tested by us19:29
jiboumanssmoser: do we have ebs/fs regression tests for amis?19:30
jjohansenits against the pv-ops driver not the full xen19:30
=== easter_egg is now known as easter_egg|off
smoserwe test ebs boot and general worked-ness.19:30
smosernot extensive disk test, though19:30
jiboumansi'd like to give it a shot jjohansen19:31
jjohansenokay, I will submit today19:31
jiboumansanything else from kernel?19:33
jjohansennot atm19:33
jiboumansthanks jjohansen19:34
jiboumans[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)19:34
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)19:34
jiboumansno updates from sommer?19:36
sommerthings are good19:36
sommerstring freeze is in effect, and I feel good about the maverick guide :-)19:36
jiboumanssommer: ok, all sections (bar the puppet one) are getting review?19:36
jiboumansno kim0, so skipping 'Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0)'19:37
mathiazjiboumans: puppet review has actually been done :)19:37
sommerheh, just had that typed, thanks all for your help and feedback19:37
SpamapSjiboumans: maybe we should remove that section from the agenda.. thats about 4 meetings in a row with no attendance by kim0.19:37
jiboumansspamaps: point.. action for me to follow up with him19:37
ttxmultitasker, or kernel questions skipper :P19:37
jiboumans[ACTION] jib to check with kim0 if he can attend meetings regularly ro not19:37
MootBotACTION received:  jib to check with kim0 if he can attend meetings regularly ro not19:37
jiboumans[TOPIC] Open discussion19:38
MootBotNew Topic:  Open discussion19:38
mathiazone of the remaining item on the hadoop spec is whether the hadoop package currently in maverick should be dropped from the archive19:38
mathiazI've focused on testing the cloudera packages from archive.cloudera.com19:39
mathiazand the hadoop packages currently in maverick are not feature complete19:39
mathiazI'd like to get your input on whether it makes sense to drop the current hadoop packages from maverick?19:39
jiboumansas the debian maintainer also not recommended them for production use, i'd be inclined to not have them show up19:39
ttxmathiaz: makes sense to drop the universe hadoop packages, but only if the cloudera ones can easily be found19:39
SpamapSmathiaz: we should collaborate on a session at UDS for this, I think we need to formalize the conduits, and put a policy in place for this exact sort of thing.19:40
ttxI'm not sure making hadoop disappear will help anyone. Removing it to make the others more easily found, yes19:40
mathiazttx: well - it's complicated to define "easily found"19:40
ttxmathiaz: I think we defined it as "apt-cache search finds it"19:40
jiboumansmathiaz: place holder package?19:40
jiboumansour 'hadoop' instead of debians19:41
ttxjiboumans: wasn't that your definition ?19:41
jiboumansttx: yeah, that's my goal19:41
jiboumansbut right now, the 'hadoop' in maverick is not one the maintainer even recommends you install19:41
SpamapS+1 for having something in apt-cache search that shows hadoop19:41
mathiazwould a place holder package be accepted given the current release cycle?19:41
SpamapS-1 for having it be broken19:41
mathiazit would be a new empty package19:41
mathiazttx: should I discuss that with the release team19:42
mathiazttx: ?19:42
Davieypursue FFe :)19:42
SpamapSpostinst would be  'echo Please see http://xxx for info on running hadoop'19:42
ttxmathiaz: yes, we cna discuss that with skaet19:42
ttxmathiaz: I'm not sure what's the less worse solution here19:43
Daviey"less worse" :)19:43
ttxI'm just unconvinced by the "remove package" solution19:43
mathiazttx: ok - we shoudl discuss that with the release team then19:43
SpamapSDaviey: its more better than less worser19:43
ttxmathiaz: pick a moment when I'm around19:43
mathiazttx: remove + placeholder package would work for you?19:43
ttxmathiaz: yes19:44
jiboumansas would for me19:44
mathiazok - great19:44
mathiazthat's all for me19:44
jiboumansany other topics?19:44
SpamapSRelated to that19:44
ttxSpamapS: if that's not too orthogonal with the effort you want to push for next cycle19:44
SpamapSI have stopped updating the Cassandra Ubuntu PPA that I created19:44
SpamapSThere has been zero interest from the community.19:44
* ttx mentions there has been zero interest from upstream in the Terracotta PPA, fwiw19:45
SpamapSi think until we have packages *in the release* that help you find the conduit/ppa/whatever .. the community will continue to google for it, find upstream's instructions, and ignore any packaging options19:45
SpamapSUnless we want to attack SEO for "Cassandra Ubuntu" or "Terracotta Ubuntu", then yes, the empty package w/ a pointer to our current status for whatever package we're addressing there, is probably the way to go.19:46
SpamapSMy only reluctance would be if it has any reverse dependencies19:47
ttxSpamapS: one single package pointing to all of them, or one per project ?19:47
SpamapSAs they'll break horribly.19:47
SpamapSttx: one per project.19:47
ttxSpamapS: ok, then mathiaz's empty package can be reused in Natty19:47
jiboumansi think this is something we can take off line19:47
jiboumansany other topics?19:48
SpamapSbut suffice to say, the cassandra ubuntu PPA is dead unless somebody picks it up.19:48
jiboumansgoing once...19:48
ttxSpamapS: didn't you sign with your blood to maintain it forever ?19:48
mathiazSpamapS: you may wanna delete it then19:48
jiboumans[TOPIC] Announce next meeting date and time19:48
MootBotNew Topic:  Announce next meeting date and time19:48
jiboumansTuesday 2010-09-21 at 1800 UTC - #ubuntu-meeting19:48
MootBotMeeting finished at 13:49.19:49
SpamapSmathiaz: I'll email the cassandra users list before doing that.19:49
ttxSpamapS: I'd keep it and advertise it with whatever empty-package solution we find for natty19:49
ttxmaybe it will gain momentum...19:49
=== ajmitch_ is now known as ajmitch
=== mdeslaur_ is now known as mdeslaur
=== easter_egg is now known as easter_egg|off
=== emma_ is now known as emma

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!