chikilisbuenas tardes como c encuentran01:52
chikilisuna pregunta, que formato de disco debo tener para instalar ubuntu??01:52
willianPOR FAVOR03:30
macopara español, va a #ubuntu-es por favor03:32
willianPOR DONDE NO SE03:32
macoescribe:  /join #ubuntu-es03:32
macoy usa pequeño letras03:34
macodoh gone03:34
macohad to look up "letters"03:34
ajmitchfor some reason -meeting tends to attract people using a web-based client, is there some page that has it set as the default channel?03:34
persiaajmitch, I think #ubuntu is just really busy, and lots of pages indicate #ubuntu-meeting is where various groups gather (yes, at specific times, but that's not always clear to newcomers to IRC)03:36
=== JanC_ is now known as JanC
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-zzz
=== cypher is now known as Guest49367
=== Guest49367 is now known as czajkowski
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
MootBotMeeting started at 08:01. The chair is NCommander.14:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]14:01
NCommander(sorry for being slightly late, had some issues getting it to assiocate with my AP)14:02
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/2010092114:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2010/2010092114:03
NCommanderWho's about?14:03
dyfetwhere about everyone's whereabouts?14:03
* rsalveti waves14:03
* GrueMaster groans lifelessly.14:04
* NCommander pokes ogra14:04
NCommander[topic] Action Items from last meeting14:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Action Items from last meeting14:05
NCommander[topic] NCommander to smash antimony's crontab's with a big large golden brick14:05
MootBotNew Topic:  NCommander to smash antimony's crontab's with a big large golden brick14:05
NCommanderDid it, crontab is normal, and all dove images are being ubilt again14:05
NCommander[topic] EVERYONE to put their status on the wiki14:05
MootBotNew Topic:  EVERYONE to put their status on the wiki14:05
* NCommander did it14:06
* rsalveti just did it14:06
rsalvetifor this week :-)14:06
* ogra did it14:06
ogradyfet, ugh14:07
ogradyfet, where do you see telepathy-glib fail again ?14:07
NCommanderright, everyone make sure its there for last week, and do it for this week too14:07
ogra(its not on the ftbfs list)14:07
NCommandermoving on14:07
NCommander[topic] Standing Items14:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Standing Items14:07
NCommander[topic] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile.html14:08
* ogra notes that "this week" means last monday to last friday14:08
MootBotNew Topic:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile.html14:08
ograby an old definition we had14:08
ogra(just for the new guys on the team :) )14:08
dyfetogra: I saw it in the bug report you commented on14:08
NCommander[topic] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile-ubuntu-10.10.html14:08
MootBotNew Topic:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile-ubuntu-10.10.html14:08
ogradyfet, i asked you about 2 months ago to talk to upstream and pointed you to the bug i just commented on (and now assigned to you)14:09
ograto make sure it gets fixed upstream14:09
ograplease read what i wrote again14:09
ograon that bug14:09
ograrsalveti, EDID starts getting urgent if you still want to have it in the release14:10
ograRC freeze will be soon14:10
NCommander[action] dyfet to talk with upstream to merge fix and work with ogra on it14:10
MootBotACTION received:  dyfet to talk with upstream to merge fix and work with ogra on it14:10
rsalvetiogra: yep, I know, I'm working on it just for this week14:10
ograand i'm about to switch to linaro u-boot14:10
rsalvetior go for release, or postponed with a solution14:10
ograNCommander, no14:10
rsalvetiogra: don't worry14:10
ograNCommander, dyfet has a bug task for it, i'm not involved14:10
NCommander[action] dyfet to talk with upstream to merge fix14:11
MootBotACTION received:  dyfet to talk with upstream to merge fix14:11
ograNCommander, no14:11
ograjust dont make any action item for that14:11
NCommander[action] disregard last two actions14:11
MootBotACTION received:  disregard last two actions14:11
ograthere is a bug with a request from upstream to test their fix14:11
ograthats all14:11
ograbugt is assigned with a clear reqest what to do ... no need for an action14:12
NCommander[topic] Assigned Bugs (http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/team-assigned/canonical-mobile-assigned-bug-tasks.html)14:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Assigned Bugs (http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/team-assigned/canonical-mobile-assigned-bug-tasks.html)14:12
* NCommander has a few for dove installer issues, but nothing critical14:12
ograhow about the assigned bugs14:13
NCommanderanything else on this topic or can I move on?14:13
ograyou had an action to clear that up14:13
ografor the vintage thumb2 issues you dont plan to work on14:13
NCommanderogra: gah, whoops.14:13
NCommander[action] NCommande rto clear out assigned bugs (c/o)14:14
MootBotACTION received:  NCommande rto clear out assigned bugs (c/o)14:14
ograeveryone else ... please look over that list14:14
ograunassign bugs you wont work on14:14
ogra(and leave a comment )14:14
ograrsalveti, i belive bug 626795 should be fix released14:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 626795 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu) "Missing LED support for Pandaboard" [Low,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62679514:14
ogranot sure why it didnt get autoclosed14:15
NCommandercan I move onto kernel status?14:15
rsalvetiogra: sure, me neither14:15
ograoh, because its filed against linux-ti-omap4 not against linaros u-boot :)14:15
ograNCommander, go for it14:15
NCommander[topic] Kernel Status (cooloney, mpoirier, lag)14:15
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Status (cooloney, mpoirier, lag)14:15
ogrampoirier, got your panda working ?14:16
mpoiriergot the board going yesterday.14:16
mpoiriergot sound14:16
ograhow ?14:16
ograjust out of the box ?14:16
mpoirierrunning the scipts in the bug.14:17
ograor with patches/changes14:17
mpoirierthat is step 1.14:17
ograah, k14:17
rsalvetiogra: but we had a bug for kernel and another for u-boot :-)14:17
ograyou cant revert the alsa changes14:17
ograso you need to re-flash to get it virgin again14:17
mpoiriernext is to put the default setting in the kernel.14:17
ogra(just as a note)14:17
mpoirierogra: I'll touch base with you after on that "note".14:18
ograk :)14:18
mpoiriergot GSX working with rsalveti's help.14:18
mpoirierwork postponed to N.14:18
ograwith the default packages and no manual work ?14:18
ogra(from the PPA)14:19
rsalvetiogra: what should be postponed is to get the kernel modules at our kernel14:19
ograif that works we can pull them into the archive14:19
ograrsalveti, right14:19
ograbut the DKMS version should be fine14:19
rsalvetiogra: sure14:19
ograif that works OOTB and we hear back from all testers we can request inclusion14:20
* ogra only waits for alf14:20
mpoirierlag is in taipei - I didn't have time to get the omap4 status from him.14:20
rsalvetiogra: yep, alf seems to be testing right now14:20
ogrampoirier, no worries :)14:20
NCommanderargh, brain fart ;-/14:20
ograansthign from cooloney ?14:20
ograNCommander, we have a direct line to melmarc now14:20
ograjust use the red phone for requests :P14:21
NCommandercan I move on?14:21
ogrampoirier, anything from cooloney wrt any changes in TI land upstream ?14:21
mpoiriernop - not that I'm aware of.14:22
ograand i also think we should have the SRU request for the final kernel ready in advance14:22
ogra(for omap4)14:22
ogragiven that we might get it on hard freeze day or some such14:22
ograplease forward that as a discussion point in your teasm14:22
* ogra will care for the bootloader side14:23
ograits not clear yet when the final silicon will be there14:23
ogranot sure davidm wants to elaborate on that here and now14:23
davidmcurrent date is a little less then 2 weeks away14:24
ogra(i suppose we can release with a buggy kernel as long as it boots and push fixes into post release SRUs)14:24
ograbut it needs to boot and be able to connect to the net for updating14:24
ograNCommander, move if nobody else has any kernel related bits14:25
mpoirierogra: do you see a problem with connecting after installation ?14:25
ogrampoirier, no, but i havent seen the future HW yet :)14:25
rsalvetiI fixed yesterday an issue with IGEPv214:25
ograif there are changes that break USB or some such ...14:26
rsalvetishould now have a working display, but still waiting someone who has the board to test it, before pushing to the kernel team14:26
ograi think i saw it being discussed somewhere14:26
* ogra look sat the kernel ML14:26
ograhmm, no, not there14:27
ograNCommander, ?14:27
ograNCommander, what about the new audio bugs i saw for dove today ?14:28
ograare they anyhow kernel related ?14:28
ogra(or probably GrueMaster knows since he filed ...)14:28
rsalvetiit seems now we have audio issues with every board we work on :-)14:29
GrueMasterI was just getting ready to report on it as part of my report (next topic).14:29
persiaThe dove audio bugs were reported as *regressions*14:29
ograGrueMaster, well, if there are no kernel bits, lets wait for NCommander to move on :)14:30
ograif he didnt fall asleep14:30
GrueMasteryes, they were.  I retested Beta and basic audio works.  It fails on 20100920 image.14:30
ograNCommander, WAKEUP !!!14:30
* ogra lokks for a trumpet14:30
ograhonk honk14:30
* davidm wonders if NCommander disconnected from his AP again14:31
* davidm is checking14:31
ograbad, he owns the bot ... :)14:31
NCommanderinternet hates me14:31
ograhate it back :)14:32
NCommander[topic] ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:32
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:32
davidmNCommander, did you miss info on Marvell regressions? (Audio)14:32
ograGrueMaster, yeah, who needs QA :P14:32
ograNCommander, ^^^14:32
NCommanderdavidm: oh,I saw that, was working with GrueMaster on it last night somewhat14:33
ograNCommander, can you fix the topic ?14:33
ograyou skipped tobin14:33
NCommander[topic] QA Status (GrueMaster)14:33
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Status (GrueMaster)14:33
GrueMasterFound some regressions in alsa on dove from beta to recent, going to retest on Beagle as well to see if there are regressions there.  Bug 644028 & bug 64403714:34
GrueMasterBeagleXM (prerelease version) is now unstable for me as of Friday morning.14:34
GrueMasterGetting overwhelmed with outside-of-image test requests.14:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 644028 in linux-meta-mvl-dove (Ubuntu) "Audio regression on Marvell Dove images" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64402814:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 644037 in pulseaudio (Ubuntu) "defaults need adjustment for Dove A0 for audible audio" [Undecided,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64403714:34
ograoh, 644037 looks liek fun14:34
GrueMasterThe regressions in the kernel are that basic audio worked in Beta and now does not in 20100920.14:34
ograi wonder if its introduced by persia's changes to pulse14:34
ograsince default.pa uses omap4 settings on armel14:34
ograi wonder if tehy also work on dove14:35
GrueMasterThe regression in Pulse Audio is that it used to have controls available to switch from speakers to headphone, now it doesn't.14:35
persiaWouldn't, as ALSA is broken.14:35
ograoh, on dove as well ?14:35
ogratahts bad14:35
persiaAnyway, the changes I made for armel aren't board-specific: reducing the number of in-flight samples and using a fixed-point codec will be better for all current-generation ARM chips.14:35
ograthats what i wanted to hear :)14:36
ograGrueMaster, anything for omap4 ?14:37
* persia wouldn't push hardware-specific patches to packages into the archive, and would probably do something odd to them even if pushing to a PPA so that they didn't work in the archive14:37
GrueMasterI have not been successful geting audio working on omap4 yet, but have not applied any external scripts yet either.14:37
ograwell, did you test the images lately ?14:38
* ogra wasnt referring to audio14:38
GrueMasterI got as far as booting omap4 on 20100920 image, and then focused on audio issues on dove & beagle.14:38
GrueMasterI was also spending some time trying to get my beagleXM working again.14:38
ograhmm, k14:38
ograplease test the new favorites stuff on omap4 ...14:39
ograspecifically the PPA icon14:39
GrueMasterSince Thursday, I have received 4 out-of-image test requests that take a lot of time.14:39
ograalso if anyone still sees something in the launcher we can assign to devilshorns, please dont hesitate :)14:39
NCommandercan we move on?14:40
GrueMasterThat brings up some other issues I discovered last week.14:40
ograi'm pondering if we shouldnt drop the film reel completely14:40
ograwe have the apps in the panel anyway14:40
ograseems pointless to have an emblem on the icon14:40
GrueMasterWorking with devilhorns, I discovered a disparity between une and une-efl in the font handling.14:40
ograand doesnt looks very good non-animated imho14:41
ograGrueMaster, do we have a separate bug for that ?14:41
ograoh, and could you teach devilshorns a bit about bug filing ?14:41
GrueMasterSpent several hours tracking that one, and yes there is a bug filed. (don't have the # offhand).14:41
ograhe tends to attach all his fixes to the same bug14:41
ograwould be better to have them separate14:41
GrueMasterI'll try.14:42
ograsince not all fixes apply to freeze exceptions14:42
ograthanks :)14:42
NCommandercan I move on?14:42
NCommander[topic] ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:42
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, dyfet)14:42
ogranothing in main \o/14:42
ograwell, nothing *we* have to touch14:43
ograopenoffice requires testing14:43
ograplease, everybody who has some spare time, install it and test14:43
ograits in the archive now14:43
ograbut untested yet14:43
* persia would appreciate someone testing krita also14:44
ograalso doko created a ton of bugs for universe packages14:44
ografor ftbfs'es14:44
ograi assigned some to dyfet but there are likely more14:44
ograso if you feel like investing some time, look over them please14:44
NCommander[topic] ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)14:45
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)14:45
ografailed tonight14:45
ograthanks to antiomony being upgraded to lucid14:45
ograbut its fixed now14:45
ograthe current omap images create swap again14:46
ograwhich takes about 3 minutes14:46
ograi'm still pondering how to do it during image creation without having to fiddle with the partitioning14:46
ograjasper should also spawn a getty on serial consoles if you have set console= on cmdline14:46
ograplease someone test that (requires editing boot.scr twice)14:47
rsalvetisaw that14:47
ograit will only put it in plce if boot.scr on firstboot has it14:47
ograand for second boot you need to edit /boot/boot.script and re-run flash-kernel to add it again14:47
ograstill looking into ho i fix that issue best14:48
GrueMasterogra: I have a few ideas.  Will discuss after meeting.14:48
ograbeyond that the favorites have an apturl icon for TI PPAs now14:48
ograthat exposes some bugs in software-center :)14:48
ograwhich got fixed today by the tireless mvo14:48
ogradavidm, i will need an icon from TI for that14:49
ogradavidm, as well as a list of binary packages and eula text14:49
ogracurrently it just uses the unknown app icon14:49
ograbeyond that, the omap4 images are ready for release i think14:50
rsalvetiogra: regarding eula, is it needed to access the ppa or to install the packages?14:50
rsalvetior both14:50
ograoh, and i also plan to work on fixing the "all armel headers installed" issue before release14:50
ograrsalveti, no, its just a descriptive text shown when you enable the PPA14:51
ograits nbot really an "accept/cancel" thing14:51
rsalvetiogra: hm, ok, so it should be a huge text with all licenses for all packages14:51
ograsw-center doesnt have that yet14:51
ografor packages that require a real eula it still should happen in preinst14:51
ogralike java does14:51
rsalvetiogra: oh, got it14:52
rsalvetimakes sense14:52
ograit would be great if we could just do everything in the sw-center eula14:52
ograbut i doubt that can happen in time for maverick14:52
ograsince lawyers will be involved in any change here14:52
rsalvetiprobably only for N14:52
ograor N+114:53
ogradepends on the lawyers :)14:53
rsalveticould be, if we involve lawyers14:53
rsalvetiyep :-)14:53
ograNCommander, dove status ?14:53
ograany release blockers there ?14:53
rsalvetiNCommander: ?14:53
ografell asleep again :)14:53
GrueMasterFor the most part, dove image is looking good.14:53
GrueMasterMissing icon for installer from live image.  And of course audio issues.14:54
NCommanderwhat Tobin said14:54
ograbootloader issues are fixed now ?14:54
GrueMasterThat is on Avenger only, which is not supported.14:54
ograi thought ubiquity messed it up in the past on dove too14:55
ogratrying to install grub or something14:55
* ogra was rather referring to that one14:55
GrueMasterOh, yea that was fixed wit hthe recent ubiquity.14:55
ogranot to avenger14:55
ograawesome !14:55
ograNCommander, move !14:55
GrueMasterYesterday's image installed w/o error (other than no icon to launch it)14:56
ograpfft icons are overrated14:56
ograthey are for your mom !14:56
NCommander[topic] ABO14:56
MootBotNew Topic:  ABO14:56
ograGrueMaster, persia ... your reports are still missing14:56
GrueMasterWell, I feel like my mom when I am low on caffeine.14:56
GrueMasterYea, will get to it later today.14:57
* persia doesn't participate in that sort of thing14:57
GrueMasterMeeting post was at 12:33am my time.14:57
* ogra slaps persia 14:57
ograwe should make sure to have them on the wiki before the meeting next week14:57
GrueMaster(needs to be 24 hours earlier).14:57
ogra(indeed that requires that NCommander sends out the announcement early enough and that the wikipage exists)14:58
GrueMasterI have requested time and again that the meeting notice with wiki attachment goes out 24 hours before the meeting.14:58
ograNCommander, can we make it 24h earlier so tobin doesnt suffer?14:58
persiaNCommander, Go make a wiki page now :p14:58
ograyeah, creating it right after the meeting would surely be best14:59
* NCommander coughs14:59
davidmNCommander, at the conclusion of this meeting you need to wrap the page and make the next one please14:59
NCommandercan I close it?14:59
NCommanderer, the meeting?14:59
MootBotMeeting finished at 09:00.15:00
* ogra applauds 15:00
ograif my clock isnt wrong that was on the point :)15:00
rsalvetiyup :-)15:00
pittimdz, cjwatson?15:01
Keybukyup am here15:03
Keybukhmm, xchat isn't notifying me again *sigh*15:03
* pitti SMSed mdz and cjwatson15:04
pitti♩ communication breakdown ♪15:04
mpoirierrsalveti: in the meeting you talked about "a bug for the kernel and another for u-boot", it this related to sound ?15:04
rsalvetimpoirier: #ubuntu-arm please15:05
mpoirierya - wrong window.15:05
pittihello Colin15:06
pittiok, 4 people, let's start then15:07
MootBotMeeting started at 09:07. The chair is pitti.15:07
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]15:07
pitti[TOPIC] Action review15:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Action review15:07
pittipitti to follow up with kees on-list (re: Chromium security updates)15:07
pittithere was some further discussion, so from the scope of this action item this was done15:07
pittiit's not done in the "find a solution" yet15:07
keescan we discuss it further today?15:07
pittiI added it to the agenda, yes15:08
keesas in, at this meeting at the end of the agenda?15:08
keesokay, cool15:08
pittimdz to implement brainstorm reviews as proposed15:08
pittihe sent a proposal to the list, which from my POV reflects what we discussed yesterday15:08
pittiso I think we should add that to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TechnicalBoardAgenda with the next target date15:09
pittiwhich should be about two weeks after UDS15:09
pittiany objections to that?15:09
keessounds good15:09
pittithen we can keep it on the agenda and pick it up when it's due15:10
pittiI'll add it as part of the meeting post-processing15:10
pittimdz to respond to jono re: application review board15:10
pittithis happened AFAICS15:10
pitti[ACTION] pitti to add brainstorm review to TB agenda15:10
MootBotACTION received:  pitti to add brainstorm review to TB agenda15:10
pitti[TOPIC] Micro-release exception for bzr15:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Micro-release exception for bzr15:11
pittiMartin Pool sent a request for this, and a description how these updates usually look like15:11
pittiI already replied on list, any further comments to that?15:12
* pitti looks at cjwatson with his SRU hat15:12
cjwatsonI was fine with the summary on-list, though as I noted I would prefer the test suite to be turned on15:12
cjwatson(if possible; maybe some tests need to be xfailed or similar, but it's better than nothing)15:13
pittiI think that's reasonable15:13
keesI'm good with it, but would also like to see the tests in the build.15:13
pittiI think we shuold do the tests on the installed package as part of the verification15:13
pittito avoid packaging errors, etc.15:13
pitti(read: "in addition", not "instead")15:13
keesdocumenting the test procedure in qa-regression-testing tree then would be how to do that?15:14
cjwatsonpitti: agreed15:14
pittikees: that sounds good; although it shuold by and large just be "$ bzr selftest"?15:14
keespitti: obvious to someone who knows it, but not to someone new :)15:15
cjwatsonwell, probably15:15
pittikees: yes, I didn't want to say "we shouldn't do it", just "it should be easy once we know how"15:15
keesyup, totally15:16
pittikees: since you know this well, could you add that call, once mbp explains us what to call exactly?15:16
pitti[ACTION] pitti to ask mbp about self test instructions on installed system15:16
MootBotACTION received:  pitti to ask mbp about self test instructions on installed system15:16
pitti[ACTION] kees to add bzr self test to qa-regression-testing15:17
MootBotACTION received:  kees to add bzr self test to qa-regression-testing15:17
pitti(please complain if not)15:18
pitti[VOTE] bzr microrelease SRU exception once build/runtime tests get enabled15:18
MootBotPlease vote on:  bzr microrelease SRU exception once build/runtime tests get enabled.15:18
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot15:18
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting15:18
MootBot+1 received from pitti. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 115:18
MootBot+1 received from kees. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 215:19
MootBot+1 received from cjwatson. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 315:19
keespitti: so it's not literally "selftest" then?15:19
pittiKeybuk: ?15:19
pittikees: something like it, though15:20
pitti$ bzr selftest15:20
pittibzr: ERROR: No module named testtools15:20
keesah, python-testtools15:20
pittikees: like, that and an additional dependency, and perhaps some extra options for plugins15:20
pittikees: I'll ask mbp on the thread before15:20
* kees nods15:20
pittihm, seems we might have lost Keybuk15:20
MootBot+1 received from Keybuk. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 415:21
pittiKeybuk: thanks15:21
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 415:22
pitti[TOPIC] Chromium security updates15:22
MootBotNew Topic:  Chromium security updates15:22
pittithis got some more replies on the thread, but it currently seems to be stuck on a dead end15:22
keesso, I think what we should do is give a direction15:22
keesMRE seems okay for them15:22
pittiit seems the only real option that we have is to throw out these updates pretty much blindly and hope for the best?15:23
keesbut, probably changes in debian/ should be minimized for stable releases.15:23
pittiyes, from the results it seems that it's MRE or not having the package at all15:23
keesand we need resolution on what to do when builddeps keep getting added. presently, it seems that just adding them to the orig is the way to go, since everything else in bundled anyway15:23
pittibut personally I still find this highly unsatisfying for something that's aspiring to get into main and default installs15:24
keesit's pretty horrible, but it's the same state firefox is in. :(15:24
pittikees: firefox has rather predictable and fewer releases, and we have some time to test prereleases15:25
keesright, but they're still bundling stuff, etc15:25
pittikees: I think for build deps like gyp it was okay to update the package in the archive15:25
pittibut if they need a commonly used library which we don't want to update, then bundling it is, sure15:26
pittiwas there ever another case of a new build dep except gyp?15:26
jdstrand(introduced as a new package in lucid)15:27
kees(bzr already doesn't pass its own selftest fully...)15:27
pittiah, which would also affect gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad15:27
jdstrandalso chromium-codecs-ffmpeg needed an update15:27
jdstrandpitti: in maverick, yes for sure, and iirc ffmpeg15:27
pittijdstrand: right, but I'd consider -codecs and -l10n as part of chromium, somehow15:27
jdstrandpitti: re chromium-codecs-ffmpeg> at least from the package name, yes :)15:28
pittijdstrand: so for those it's probably a case-by-case decision, whether it's appropriate to update it for gstreamer, too?15:28
pittijdstrand: it's the chromium specific fork, anyway15:28
pittiso, does anyone still see something to discuss for chromium updates, under the assumption that it stays in universe for now?15:29
jdstrandI just worry about giving a blanket "it's ok to update system libraries as needed for chromium" when other packages depend on them. testing just explodes on that sort of thing15:29
pittijdstrand: no, we shouldn't; but it might be better in some cases15:29
jdstrand(so I am in favor of bundling when the system one can no longer be used or updated appropriately)15:29
jdstrandpitti: yes, agreed. have to look at it case by case15:30
jdstrandie, it is possibly an option to update the system lib15:30
pitti[TOPIC] Administrativa15:31
MootBotNew Topic:  Administrativa15:31
pittiI scanned the ML for topics15:31
pittino new community bugs15:31
pittiI keep forgetting, what's the order for chairs? IRC nick?15:32
pittii. e. sabdfl?15:32
keesit's been nick, yes15:32
pitti[TOPIC] AOB15:32
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB15:32
pittianything else on your mind?15:32
pitti5 secs15:33
cjwatsonnot I15:33
pittiok, thanks everyone then!15:33
MootBotMeeting finished at 09:33.15:33
pittiwill send out notes etc. after my next meeting15:34
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-lunch
=== easter_egg is now known as Ayrton
* mathiaz waves18:58
* kirkland is here for a moment, boarding a plane during the course of this meeting, though ....18:58
* mathiaz waits a bit for people to show up19:01
zulmathiaz: how cold is it montreal today?19:02
mathiazzul: cold - montreal? this is non-sense!19:02
mathiazallright - let's the ball rolling19:03
zulmathiaz: heh are you still wearing shorts outside?19:03
MootBotMeeting started at 13:03. The chair is mathiaz.19:03
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]19:03
mathiaztoday's amazing refreshing exciting mind-blowing agenda:19:03
mathiaz[TOPIC] Review ACTION points from previous meeting19:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Review ACTION points from previous meeting19:03
mathiazjib to check with kim0 if he can attend meetings regularly ro not19:04
jiboumansmathiaz: done - he's here today and will be mostly going forward19:04
jiboumanssome other commitments stood in his way last few weeks19:04
* mathiaz waves at kim019:04
mathiazRoAkSoAx to email ubuntu server mailing list with update of cluster stack progress19:04
mathiazI think I saw the email19:04
mathiazRoAkSoAx: thanks for following up on that!19:05
RoAkSoAxmathiaz: i emailed yesterdayy :)19:05
mathiazthat's all for last meeting minutes19:05
mathiazanything else to add wrt to last meeting?19:05
mathiaznope - let's move on19:06
mathiaz[TOPIC] Maverick development (jib)19:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Maverick development (jib)19:06
mathiaz# Daily triage work items19:06
jiboumansso far so good still; as mentioned last week very little feature development left19:07
jiboumansonly things not affecting freezes19:07
jiboumansone thing to note though, our burndown charts don't look very healthy, and that's mostly due to people not ticking off their daily triage items19:07
jiboumansso on your triage day, when you're done, please tick them off19:07
jiboumansrequest for everyone to take a look at the tracker and mark those as done that they'd forgotten19:07
jiboumansother than that, no red flags at the moment... calm before the storm :)19:08
jiboumansttx, floor's yours19:08
mathiaz^^ is the link to the BP to tick off19:08
jiboumansthanks mathiaz19:08
ScottKNew clamav release today.  Working with Debian to get it packaged and tested and in before RC.  The more significant of the two security issues it fixes is already patched in Maverick.19:08
ttxRC bugs status looks reasonably good19:08
mathiaz# Status for identified RC bugs (ttx)19:08
ttxScottK: ack19:09
ttxWe don't have any milestoned bug left, 3 high/critical maverick bugs19:09
ttxand 8 Maverick-targeted bugs19:09
ttxIf you know of any bug we really shouldn't be releasing with, please let me know19:10
mathiazttx: where can I find the list of these bugs?19:10
ttxas it sounds suspeciously calm right now19:10
ttxor a more dynamic list by searching for tag server-mrs19:10
ttxsince we can't make LP return distroseries bugs where ubuntu-server is supervisor19:10
mathiazttx: it may worth linking the server-mrs tag search from the MaverickReleaseStatus wiki page19:11
ttxmathiaz: ack19:11
mathiazttx: so that I can just click on it to have a real time view of the world...19:11
ttxmathiaz: do you know if searching by package set is/will be an option19:11
mathiazttx: I don't know19:11
ttxmathiaz: well, "real time"... not really19:11
ttxsince when I tag I update the page as well :)19:12
mathiazttx: well - the tag search is more accurate that the wiki page19:12
ttxbut once it's in the list, the status is more accurate :)19:12
* mathiaz nods19:12
ttxI'm done ;)19:12
mathiaz[ACTION] ttx to add link to server-mrs tag search from the releasestatus wiki page19:12
MootBotACTION received:  ttx to add link to server-mrs tag search from the releasestatus wiki page19:12
mathiaz# RC bugs suggestions ?19:13
ttxThat's what I just covered19:13
mathiazif I find one in the coming hours/days - what should I do?19:13
ttxHit me with anything YOU think should be on that list19:13
ttxmathiaz: nominate against maverick, ping me so that I add it to our radar19:13
SpamapSI have a quick question regarding universe..19:14
SpamapSit seems that drizzle is FTBFS...19:14
SpamapSand the release we have is really, really old19:14
ttxmathiaz: in doubt, ping me first19:14
mathiazttx: ok - you'll be online 24h?19:14
ttxmathiaz: absolutely. I received the box of pills you sent me19:14
=== Ursinha-lunch is now known as Ursinha
SpamapSseeing that drizzle is still alpha-quality.. how hard would it be for monty (the debian maintainer) to upload a new version to be included in maverick at this late stage?19:14
mathiazttx: :)19:14
mathiazttx: I meant IRC connected... ;)19:15
ScottKSpamapS: Not very since it's demonstrably broken as is.19:15
mathiazSpamapS: if it's totally broken - things can't get worse19:15
SpamapSagreed. :)19:15
mathiazSpamapS: so anything is an improvment19:15
SpamapSits failing its own unit tests19:15
ttxmathiaz: in the next days, yes19:15
ScottKSpamapS: Also he hasn't bothered to upload to Debian either.19:15
ttxmathiaz: I'll delegate if I'm not.19:15
SpamapSScottK: agreed, so if he uploaded to experimental, could we do a sync?19:16
ttxSpamapS: if it builds ship it ?19:16
ScottKSpamapS: It should go to Sid.  It's not in Squeeze, so there's no reason to go to experimental.19:16
ttxthat rings a bell.19:16
SpamapSScottK: ahh Ok19:16
ScottKSpamapS: If he uploads to Debian and it builds on Ubuntu I'll approve the FFe.19:17
ScottK(that deal is good this week only)19:17
mathiazSpamapS: so you'll look into the state of drizzle?19:17
SpamapSmtaylor: welcome19:17
SpamapSScottK: say that again please :)19:17
mtaylorhi guys19:17
ttxSpamapS: hit me with a bug number for that.19:17
mathiazSpamapS: could this be taken somewhere else?19:17
mathiazSpamapS: like defer the discussion to #ubuntu-devel?19:18
ScottKSpamapS: If drizzle gets updated in Sid, I'll approve a sync this week as long as you can build it on Ubuntu too.19:18
SpamapSyes I just wanted to assure Monty that if he uploads it will get done. :)19:18
ttxmtaylor: o/19:18
SpamapSmtaylor: ^^ thats all I wanted you to see. :)19:18
mtaylordone. thanks!19:18
ScottKIf it needs further discussion --> #ubuntu-server19:18
SpamapSttx: actually it doesn't seem that there is a bug19:18
mathiaz[ACTION] SpamapS to look at the state of drizzle in maverick - if it build this week ScottK to accept FFe19:19
MootBotACTION received:  SpamapS to look at the state of drizzle in maverick - if it build this week ScottK to accept FFe19:19
ScottKttx: Typically FTBFS bugs only get filed for Main.19:19
ttxSpamapS: it could use one. I like traceability.19:19
SpamapSfiling now as part of that action item.19:19
mathiazanything else related to RC bugs?19:19
mathiaznope - let's move on19:20
mathiaz[TOPIC] # Natty development (jib)19:20
MootBotNew Topic:  # Natty development (jib)19:20
jiboumansWith feature development unwinding and only a handful of bugs targeted to release, this is a great time to put your thinking caps on for Natty if you have some spare time. Like last round, we'll use the IdeaPool wiki page to gather thoughts: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/NattyIdeaPool. There's no rush at this point, but I'd like to stress we'd love to get your input19:20
mathiazjiboumans: should BP already be filed?19:21
mathiazjiboumans: or an item on the NattyIdeaPool wiki page is enough for now?19:21
jiboumansmathiaz: they're welcome to be filed *if* you're willing to lead a session at UDS for it19:21
jiboumanslike last time, we have both sections: ideas & uds sessions19:21
jiboumansblueprints only desired for the latter right now19:21
mathiazhow about sending an email to ubuntu-server@ and/or a blog post for call of ideas?19:22
jiboumansthat's a fantastic idea19:22
jiboumansthanks for volunteering!19:22
jiboumanson a serious note: it's on my todo, but if you beat me to it, i'd be thankful19:23
mathiaz[ACTION] jiboumans to send an email to ubuntu-server@ and/or blog post for call for ideas19:23
MootBotACTION received:  jiboumans to send an email to ubuntu-server@ and/or blog post for call for ideas19:23
jiboumans.... jiboumans vs meetings cair. 0 - 119:23
* mathiaz <-- big smile19:23
mathiazon related note19:24
jiboumansalright, that's all from me about natty at this point19:24
mathiazit may be interesting to do something similar in each upstream community someone is connected to19:24
mathiazI may send a note to the puppet folks to get your input19:24
mathiazI may send a note to the puppet folks to get *their* input19:25
mathiazif someone has strong connection with other communities a targeted call for ideas could be useful19:25
mathiaz[ACTION] mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community19:26
MootBotACTION received:  mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community19:26
mathiazany questions related to Natty development?19:26
kim0do we have any guides on what kind of ideas are needed19:26
smoserdo you mean good ones? or great ones ?19:26
mathiazkim0: well - I'd say - any ideas19:26
kim0what's ok and what's not basically19:27
mathiazkim0: well - we'll sort things out afterwards19:27
RoAkSoAxare these ideas have to be cloud related only? :)19:27
zulof course not19:27
ttxRoAkSoAx: no, but they need to have the word "cloud" in them.19:27
mathiazkim0: the begining phase is when we put back everything on the table19:27
ttxRoAkSoAx: kidding :)19:28
mathiazkim0: so anything is welcomed19:28
kim0sounds good19:28
RoAkSoAxttx: :P I do have one for the cloud though :P19:28
jiboumanskim0: a good thing to keep in mind is that we're targeting things that can be implemented in a cycle with these ideas19:28
mathiaza good idea may gather some strong support and things can move forward19:28
RoAkSoAxbut dunno if i'd have the time to code it19:28
jiboumansand things that you (or the suggester) can contribute to are much more likely to be accepted19:28
* SpamapS files idea for renaming upstart to cthulu so the narwhal can stop ctuhulu eating ye.19:29
mathiazthe call for idea is mainly a brainstorm session19:29
mathiazso go for quantity19:29
* ScottK suggests SpamapS file one for moving to systemd.19:29
mathiazafterwards ideas will be sorted out19:29
kim0systemd probably too volatile at now19:30
RoAkSoAxSpamapS: how do you feel of launching VM's and powering them off baserd on the load :)19:30
RoAkSoAxin the cloud of course19:30
mathiazall right let's move on19:30
mathiazand not discuss actual ideas here19:30
RoAkSoAxsry for OT :)19:30
mathiazthe page to capture them is: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/NattyIdeaPool19:30
mathiazany other questions related to Natty develpment?19:31
mathiaznope - let's move on19:32
mathiazWeekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)19:32
mathiaz[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)19:32
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)19:32
hggdhno news, except I am still hammering on euca.19:32
mathiazhggdh: what's up in the QA team?19:32
zulhggdh: heh what else is new?19:32
mathiazhggdh: noticed the new QA blog19:32
* hggdh hopes next cycle will leave time for other tasks19:32
mathiazhggdh: that's really great!19:32
hggdhmathiaz: yeah, cool... kudos for ara19:32
mathiazhggdh: agreed - ara did a great job19:33
hggdhapart from that, no news19:33
mathiazhggdh: anything else on the QA front?19:33
mathiazAnything to tell to the QA team?19:33
zulkeep up the good work19:34
ttxno rest for the braves19:34
mathiazok - let's move on19:35
mathiaz... to the kernel team19:35
mathiaz[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)19:35
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)19:35
mathiazjjohansen: how is the  kernel team doing these days?19:36
jjohansenthe team in general or me19:36
* jjohansen is pulling out hair, the rest of the team is vacationing in taipei19:36
* kim0 hugs jjohansen 19:37
jjohansenwell thats not really true, some of the team is at the hardware summit in taipei19:37
jjohansenkim0: thanks, its not been a good day19:37
mathiaz    *19:39
mathiaz      Bug 613083 - user-data is corrupted inside metadata service19:39
ubottuBug 613083 on http://launchpad.net/bugs/613083 is private19:39
mathiazstatus: ^^?19:39
jjohansenit is not an Ubuntu bug, and Amazon is aware of it and working on the issue19:39
mathiazjjohansen: ok19:39
ttxjjohansen: pulling out hair --> anythign server related ?19:39
mathiazjjohansen: any other bugs that should brought to the -server team attention?19:40
jjohansenttx: half of it19:40
ttxthat corruption bug is the only one I have on my list, so I was wondering if you had anything for us in yours :)19:40
jjohansenmathiaz: there aren't any high priority ones that I am aware of19:40
mathiazjjohansen: great!19:41
smoserwell, the java bug would be nice.19:41
jjohansenthere the regular set of reported crashes etc.19:41
mathiazanything to bring to the kernel team attention?19:41
smoserand there is one other crash bug19:41
jjohansenah, yes.  Sadly I haven't gotten to that yet19:41
mathiazsmoser: bug numbers?19:41
smoserbug 63448719:41
ubottuLaunchpad bug 634487 in linux-ec2 (Ubuntu) "t1.micro instance hangs when installing sun java" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63448719:41
ttxsmoser: that's a kernel issue ?19:41
* ttx adds magic tag19:42
SpamapSsmoser: is it a host kernel or guest kernel issue?19:42
smoserand bug 61327319:42
ubottuLaunchpad bug 613273 in linux (Ubuntu) "kernel panic on ec2 in system_call_fastpath" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61327319:42
smoserSpamapS, there is no such thing as a host kernel issue ;)19:42
smoserbut seriously, the guests go awol in both those cases.19:42
jjohansenyep, there are certainly guest kernel issues involved19:43
smoserand in both cases in xen specific path19:43
ttxsmoser: regressions in Maverick ?19:44
jjohansenttx: yes19:44
smoserwell, the java hang is better on maverick than on lucid19:44
smoser(both ill)19:44
jjohansenoh right, I got that one backwards19:45
smoserand the system_call_fastpath (which i think is actually the wrong function name) i think i've seen in both.19:45
ttxok, I think we loaded jjohansen's plate enough19:45
mathiazjjohansen: smoser: anything specific we can help to fix this?19:45
mathiazor it just needs more investigation?19:45
jjohansena good reproducing test case19:45
mathiazttx: are you tracking both bugs above?19:46
smoser613273 is apparently only maverick.19:46
ttxmathiaz: I am now19:46
mathiazttx: great19:46
mathiazso I think we'll come back to these next week19:46
mathiazto review them19:46
ttxmathiaz: yes, I don't let go easily.19:46
mathiazin the meantime both jjohansen and smoser are looking into it?19:46
jjohansenmathiaz: not atm19:46
jjohansenmathiaz: or lets say they are lower priority on the queue atm19:47
smoseryeah, that one is hard to reproduce. i guess i'll poke with jjohansen on that.19:47
ttxwith the cloud image release policy it's slightly less annoying to release with those19:47
mathiazjjohansen: works for me19:47
smoseron the t1.micro / java, we are actually getting some help from amazon.19:47
mathiazok - anything else for the kernel team?19:47
mathiaznope - let's move on19:48
mathiaz[TOPIC] #19:48
MootBotNew Topic:  #19:48
jjohansenmathiaz: as usual I know there is something else but I can't remember what it is19:48
mathiaz[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)19:48
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)19:48
mathiazsommer: around?19:48
mathiazanything that should be brought up to the attention of the doc team?19:49
mathiazjjohansen: for the next meeting you might wanna put your ideas in the Meeting wiki page19:49
mathiazwell - nothing for the documentation team19:50
mathiazlet's move on19:50
jjohansenmathiaz: yes, that has been the plan, then I got busy chasing other things19:50
jjohansenI've got it19:50
mathiaz[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0)19:50
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0)19:50
kim0hey folks, sorry for not being able to attend a few past meeting. Had some obligations, however all is clear now .. Yaay19:50
* mathiaz pulls the break!19:50
kim0I'll mention a couple of points, then we can discuss the 10.10 ec2 party thing19:50
kim0The last couple of weeks I had been busy getting the cloud portal in shape. I am contacting IS to start deploying this week19:50
kim0Other than that, on a more long term matter19:50
mathiazjjohansen: ok - let's get back to it after kim0 is done19:51
kim0I had emailed the ubuntu-devel team asking for suggestions on growing the ubuntu cloud community19:51
kim0oh sorry .. didn't notice the break thing19:51
kim0should I stop ?19:51
kim0mm ..19:51
mathiazkim0: nope - go ahead19:51
mathiazkim0: it's your turn19:51
kim0Most of the feedback received was asking for technical guides or white-papers on "best practices" on how to write cloud apps, how to deploy services in the cloud, and how to build your own private cloud (storage19:51
mathiazkim0: we'll get back to jjohansen later19:51
kim0concerns, network concerns and best practices ...etc)19:52
kim0For that, and since we're planning work for 11.04 right now, I'm adding tasks on myself, to start and grow technical content around these areas19:52
kim0We wont be writing book on these "vast" areas of new knowledge, rather starting something that the community can contribute to and grow19:52
kim0Any suggestions on what content needs to go there exactly are most welcome right now, please email the hell out of me :)19:52
kim0that's all atm ..19:52
mathiazkim0: great - any address for the preview of the cloud portal?19:53
kim0I only have my development server19:53
ScottKkim0: I'd recommend chatting with sommer about that since he's been leading our server documentation effort for some time.19:53
kim0once I had a public copy I'll ping19:53
mathiazkim0: ok19:53
kim0ScottK: awesome .. noted19:53
mathiazkim0: that seems like a great plan19:54
kim0again .. suggestions and details are welcome19:54
kim0once I've defined a solid plan I'll discuss19:54
kim0if that's all .. can we talk to the 10.10 ec2 party ?19:54
mathiazkim0: sure - what's the 10.10 ec2 party?19:55
kim0how about for the release part of 10.1019:55
kim0the server community is allowed ec2 instance access19:56
kim0we can probably get funding for that19:56
Davieykim0: Shall we take that out of meeting?19:56
kim0well that's all for me19:56
mathiazanything else to note to the community team?19:59
mathiazsince we're running out of time I'll wrap up19:59
mathiaz[TOPIC] Announce next meeting date and time20:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Announce next meeting date and time20:00
mathiaznext week, same place, same time?20:00
JamesPagegood with me!20:00
ttxcrazy europeans20:00
* SpamapS alerts the media20:00
mathiazok - so next week, same place, same time!20:00
Daviey"okay" with me20:00
MootBotMeeting finished at 14:00.20:00
jjohansenmathiaz: one more thing Bug #493156, it would be good if some people can try the test kernels, verify that they work and add that to the bug report20:01
ubottuLaunchpad bug 493156 in linux (Ubuntu) "Please enable CONFIG_TASK_DELAY_ACCT" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49315620:01
jjohansenfor Lucid of course20:01
mathiazjjohansen: is that the item you wanted to add?20:01
mathiazjjohansen: ok - I'll make sure their included in the meeting20:01
mathiazjjohansen: minutes20:01
popeyUbuntu LoCo Council meeting time!21:00
* popey pings czajkowski itnet7 huats and paultag (who is missing)21:00
huatsHello popey !21:00
huatspopey, don't forget leogg21:01
huats(who is missing too:)21:01
popeyso we're down to 3 of 621:01
czajkowskii'm here21:01
popey4 of 621:01
czajkowskiso we're able to vote21:01
MootBotMeeting started at 15:01. The chair is popey.21:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]21:01
czajkowskijust waking to pub21:01
popeyshall we start with the loco teams?21:02
huatssure popey !21:02
popey#topic Turkish LoCo Team reapproval21:03
popeyi can never drive this thing21:03
popey[TOPIC] Turkish LoCo Team reapproval21:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Turkish LoCo Team reapproval21:03
popey[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Agenda21:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Agenda21:04
popey[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TurkishTeam/ReapprovalApplication21:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TurkishTeam/ReapprovalApplication21:04
popeyanyone here from Turkish LoCo?21:04
bytanHi all21:04
bytanI am :)21:04
popeyhey bytan21:04
huatshello bytan21:04
bytanhello popey huats21:05
popeyok, lets take some time to look at the application, do any of the loco council have any questions?21:06
itnet7Hey there bytan21:06
huatsbytan, can you please talk to us a little more on what you did since your approval ?21:06
czajkowskithe wiki application is very bare to be honest21:06
huatsbecause I must say it isn't very explaining it21:06
popeyhttp://sudo.ubuntu-tr.net/ is very smart21:06
MootBotLINK received:  http://sudo.ubuntu-tr.net/ is very smart21:07
itnet7Doesn't appear to be much activity since 2008, at least by looking at the Wiki's and Re-approval page21:07
* itnet7 goes to look at 21:07
bytanYes, thats true, i aggre abt our wiki page. but in shortly, we have created E-zine, SUDO for our users, and a team for that E-zine. We created a team for Turkish Translation and you may see how hard they work on launchpad21:08
itnet7bytan: are any of the ezine's published or translated in other languages?21:09
bytanWe have a team for FCM ezine to translate turkish21:10
czajkowskiis heartsmagic about?21:11
popeyyou have an active wiki I see21:11
popeyanyone else here for turkey?21:12
bytanHeartsmagic is working now. and I talked to him today, if he could, he would like to come us later21:12
bytanbut probablly he cant.21:12
popeybytan: is there any reason it's just you here representing the team?21:16
bytani am one of the leaders too,21:17
MootBotLINK received:  http://forum.ubuntu-tr.net/index.php/topic,12295.0.html21:17
huatsbytan, I think the question was more, why are you alone, since you have quite a team...21:17
popeythats quite a team structure21:17
bytanwhy only me? i think i am the only one who is available :)21:19
popeyheh, everyone busy translating huh? :D21:19
popeyare we ready to vote itnet7 czajkowski huats ?21:19
bytanThe last edition of SUDO has published yesterday, thats why they cant come here.21:19
popey[VOTE] Turkish LoCo Team Re-Approval21:20
MootBotPlease vote on:  Turkish LoCo Team Re-Approval.21:20
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot21:20
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting21:20
popeyonly loco council vote please21:20
MootBot+1 received from popey. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 121:20
MootBot+1 received from itnet7. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 221:20
MootBot-1 received from czajkowski. 2 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 121:20
MootBotAbstention received from huats. 2 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 121:20
MootBotFinal result is 2 for, 1 against. 1 abstained. Total: 121:20
popeyhmm, so whats that mean? :)21:20
bytani wonder? :)21:21
popeythats yes surely, it's positive21:21
czajkowskii'd like to see turkey come back next month with a bit more detail and preferably more people present or we can take it to email21:21
popey<- mathematics fail21:21
czajkowskior does it mean 2 and a pass....21:21
huatsbytan, I am clearly pleased by your team work.I am just a bit disapointed by the application that is not presenting your great work :(21:21
bytani understand that.21:22
popeybytan: can you build up that wiki page with some more detail?21:23
popeyand then email the loco council when done and we can disucss over email?21:23
bytanReapprovalApplication wiki page?21:23
popeyadd detail about the things the loco does, activities?21:24
popeyis that okay?21:25
bytanof course, we can do that and we inform you again21:25
itnet7bytan: according to the re-approval wiki it seemed as though you were in pause since like 200821:25
itnet7and we know that's not the case21:25
popeybytan: just update the wiki with what's been happening in the loco over the last year, and then email loco-council@lists.ubuntu.com and we'll take a look and let you know right away.21:25
popeyno need to attend another meeting21:26
bytani understand what exactly you want, and we will email again21:26
itnet7Thanks bytan !21:26
popeyok, lets move on to Peru21:27
bytanthanks all21:27
popey[TOPIC] Peru LoCo Approval Application21:27
MootBotNew Topic:  Peru LoCo Approval Application21:27
popeyAnyone here from Peru!?21:27
huatspopey, I have just pinged nxvl on another channel without answer yet21:28
popeyheh, ditto :)21:28
popeyok, lets move on then21:29
popey[TOPIC] Tamil Nadu LoCo Re-Approval Application21:29
MootBotNew Topic:  Tamil Nadu LoCo Re-Approval Application21:29
popeyAnyone from the Tamil Nadu team here?21:29
huatsah nxvl finally !21:31
nxvlsorry, was picking my sister from school21:31
popeynxvl: are you / your team ready?21:31
huatspopey, may be we can go again to Peru since noone shows up from Tamil Nadu21:31
nxvli'm just asking michael to join us21:31
popeysure, if they're ready21:31
nxvlhe was the one in charge of putting the missing web page together21:32
nxvlsince he is in charge of the events21:32
popey[TOPIC] Peru LoCo Approval Application21:32
MootBotNew Topic:  Peru LoCo Approval Application21:32
nxvlwhich was the part missing last time21:32
nxvlhere he is21:32
nxvlxander21c: your audience21:32
popeycan you tell us a bit about what the Peru LoCo has been doing this year?21:33
xander21cwe have participated on many events21:34
xander21calso work on improved colaboration between Ubuntu Peru and other Local communities21:35
MootBotLINK received:  http://picasaweb.google.com/xander21c21:35
nxvlwait, that's outdated21:36
nxvlbut you have a couple of end of last year events21:36
nxvllike this one: http://picasaweb.google.com/xander21c/FESOLI2009#21:36
popeydo the loco council have any questions?21:37
itnet7xander21c: Has your team done team reports?21:38
huatspopey, where is the app link ?21:38
popey[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PeruvianTeam/ApprovalApplication21:38
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PeruvianTeam/ApprovalApplication21:38
huats(I was just asking for mootbot)21:38
popeygood man21:39
huatsxander21c, is it normal that there is nothing under experiences ?21:39
huatsxander21c, the wiki page is quite outdated to me (since I know nxvl is a MOTU for almost 2 years)21:40
popeyWhere does most of the team communication happen? The mailing list seems quite idle.21:40
nxvlhuats: 2 years an a month actually21:40
nxvlbut we forgot to update that exact part21:40
xander21cactually we are working on the website and other services (list, wiki update, etc)21:40
xander21ca new website and stuff21:41
nxvlthat's the app aplication21:41
nxvlwe are on re-aproval21:41
nxvlxander21c: isn't that in a different page?21:41
nxvloh no that's the page, they forgot to update that part :S21:42
nxvlwe also have a second MOTU21:42
nxvlwell, had21:42
nxvlnot Florida loco steal him from us21:42
itnet7We stole him21:42
nxvlitnet7: you evil!21:43
popeyhow come the website is down?21:43
nxvlis it down?21:43
nxvlthe wiki is up21:44
MootBotLINK received:  http://www.ubuntu-pe.org/21:44
nxvlit's up21:44
nxvlworks here at least21:44
xander21cwas down yesteardy :)21:44
popeyVolveremos pronto!21:44
popeyis all I see21:44
nxvlthat's weird21:44
jfalcoworking here21:44
etanki see it too21:45
popeyok now21:45
popeyhow odd21:45
nxvlviperhood have had a couple of issues with the page AFAIK, since canonical doesn't give him enough permissions to edit stuff, i'm assuming he is asking for to much21:46
nxvland we are moving to a new server soon21:46
nxvlown controled server so he can play a bit more with it21:46
popeysorry, i didnt hget an answer to my question earlier i think21:46
nxvlbut he is in classes right now, IIUC21:46
popey21:40:05 <@popey> Where does most of the team communication happen? The mailing list seems quite idle.21:47
nxvli didn't saw it21:47
nxvlwe have a channel on freenode21:47
nxvlwhere people come an ask21:47
nxvlin peru there are a lot of ML, and they have a really bad (forgot the word, but people think really bad about MLs)21:48
itnet7nxvl: does the team do team minutes? Or any team reporting?21:48
nxvlnot that i'm aware of21:48
nxvli need to admit i'm to busy lately to be really involved21:48
xander21cpopey: usually gets more traffic after a release21:48
nxvli try to help with what i can, but it's not much21:48
nxvlreputation, the work was reputation!21:49
itnet7the word!21:49
nxvlyeah, that21:49
nxvlit's afternoon21:49
nxvlmy brain is tired at this time of the day21:50
popeyok, time to vote (LoCo Council members only)21:50
popey[VOTE] Approval of Peru LoCo Team.21:50
MootBotPlease vote on:  Approval of Peru LoCo Team..21:50
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot21:50
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting21:50
xander21citnet7: actually I was working with Dante Diaz (vipehoot) in order to refresh the site, an planning ways to keep everything update21:50
huats+0 since I'd like  as for the Turkish team a real application...21:51
MootBotAbstention received from huats. 0 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 021:51
MootBot-1 received from czajkowski. 0 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now -121:51
MootBotAbstention received from popey. 0 for, 1 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now -121:51
itnet7+0 I would like to some team reporting, I know that the Peru team is very active21:51
MootBotAbstention received from itnet7. 0 for, 1 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now -121:51
popeyI too would like to see team reports, and more evidence of activity over the last year.21:51
MootBotFinal result is 0 for, 1 against. 3 abstained. Total: -121:51
popeySorry guys, not this time.21:51
popeyok, last team21:53
itnet7xander21c: it's hard to vote a +1 when you can't see any currrent events documented easily on the Re-Approval page21:53
popey[TOPIC] Kentucky LoCo ReApproval21:53
MootBotNew Topic:  Kentucky LoCo ReApproval21:53
xander21cdon't worry21:53
* etank is here from Kentucky21:54
* jkeyes0 is here from Kentucky as well.21:54
* jfalco too21:54
Garonhere from Kentucky as well21:54
etankHi all. As a team we have been working to communicat about the existance of Linux our local area about the existance of Linux. We have done this through having regular meetings that are open to the public. Our goal is to have beginner level information at each meeting so that we do not talk over anyones head. At the same time we try to have some more advanced topics so the members that have been21:54
etankusing Linux for a long time do not get bored. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KentuckyTeam/ReApprovalApplication21:54
etankshould have used the spell check in gedit for that :)21:55
itnet7[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KentuckyTeam/ReApprovalApplication21:55
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KentuckyTeam/ReApprovalApplication21:55
popeythanks :)21:55
popeyWould it be fair to say you're more a LUG than a LoCo?21:55
etanki think so21:56
* volci is here from kentucky21:56
jfalcoWell kinda of, we've merged the LoCo into the lug to ease the admin duties21:56
jkeyes0in the beginning, a majority of our users were using Ubuntu only, but as we've grown, a lot of members use other distros, and we don't want to exclude anyone.21:57
etankwe are focused on spreading Linux and the resources that the LoCo provides us helps that effort a great deal21:57
itnet7Does your team do team reports? and archive minutes of LoCo IRC meetings?22:00
etankwe spoke to paultag (think that is his proper nick) about being a lug before applying again22:00
etankwe do archive our meeting logs22:00
etankbut we have not done team reports22:01
MootBotLINK received:  http://bglug.net/meetings/bglug/2010/22:01
MootBotLINK received:  http://bglug.net/irc/irc-meetings/22:01
etankwe changed hosting providers not too long ago and have not updated some of the log information22:02
MootBotLINK received:  http://bglug.net/wiki/Main_Page22:02
etankbut the majority is available22:02
* jfalco looks for old logs22:02
etankand some of our old meeting logs are on the ubuntu wiki (or should be)22:02
etankit was in January of 2009 that we merged into a LUG22:03
itnet7[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KentuckyTeam/Meetings22:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KentuckyTeam/Meetings22:03
jfalcoMootBot must not like etank22:03
etankwe have been working hard to have regular IRL meetings on a monthly basis22:04
itnet7it's the s in https I believe that causes you to require the square bracket LINK22:04
etankwe normally have 1 or 2 irc meetings each month as well22:04
itnet7I would like to see all of you put a little more effort into Team Reports. It's important to share with the rest of the community what you are doing22:05
itnet7It doesn't take that long, and I would be happy to help you set up an easy way to manage it thanks to nhandler !22:05
jfalcoHoe bout our blog? http://bglug.net tons of info there22:06
etankitnet7: do the reports get added to the wiki22:06
etankor is it through email?22:06
itnet7etank: it is part of the wiki22:06
etankitnet7: so after regular meetings just update a Team Report?22:06
itnet7I am in your channel I can show you afterwards how the Florida team is doing it22:07
etankthat is something that we can do22:07
etanksounds good22:07
itnet7it takes less than 5 minutes22:07
itnet7a month22:07
itnet7but it's worth it's weight in Gold!22:07
czajkowskiteam reports are very important!!!!22:07
popey[ACTION] itnet7 to show Kentucky how AWESOME team reports are22:07
MootBotACTION received:  itnet7 to show Kentucky how AWESOME team reports are22:07
czajkowskiit makes myself and nhandler happy to see them22:07
itnet7they are included in each month's UWN22:08
jfalcolots of good discussion here too: http://groups.google.com/group/bglug22:08
itnet7do you have any member's in the LoCo that are Ubuntu Members?22:08
etanki am22:08
etankand bkingx is as well22:08
GaronI am22:08
etankGaron: really? :)22:09
jfalcome too22:09
itnet7gj jfalco22:09
popeyok, I think we're set to vote..22:09
popey[VOTE] Kentucky Fried LoCo Re-Approval22:09
MootBotPlease vote on:  Kentucky Fried LoCo Re-Approval.22:10
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot22:10
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting22:10
popeyonly loco council vote please22:10
MootBot+1 received from popey. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 122:10
MootBot+1 received from itnet7. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 222:10
* popey pokes huats and czajkowski 22:10
MootBot+1 received from huats. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 322:10
MootBot+1 received from czajkowski. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 422:10
popeynice one22:10
czajkowskisorry lag22:10
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 422:10
jkeyes0thanks guys. :)22:10
etankthank you all for your input22:10
popeykeep up the great work!22:11
volciwe look forward to implementing it :)22:11
jfalcook got a plane to catch, thanks guys22:11
Garonthanks guys22:11
volcii have another appt to get to myself... bfn!22:11
itnet7bye jfalco ttys22:11
popeynhandler: you about?22:11
popeythats a no22:14
czajkowskishort meeeting22:14
popeyok, so thats all22:14
popey[TOPIC] AOB?22:15
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB?22:15
czajkowskirest of teams need to be done before end of october22:15
czajkowskishould we mail them all and process them via mail22:15
czajkowskiones that were unapproved need following up22:15
popeyczajkowski: you around for a conf call tomorrow evening?22:16
popeyand anyone else interested?22:16
itnet7So no one had replied to my e-mail, what is our goal to finish the pending expirations or the original agreed upon list22:16
popeyah, missed that22:16
itnet7what time popey?22:16
popeysame time as this meeting?22:16
popey20:00 UTC?22:16
popeyjust leave mumble/skype connected and work through this stuff22:17
itnet7uhm, I don't know if I can pull that off, I was only able to make this full meeting as I'm home sick22:17
itnet7I can try to leave early22:17
popeyget off to bed dude!22:17
czajkowskipopey: i am indeed22:17
popeywell, if you're on irc/mail we can use that too to keep everyone up to speed22:18
popeyi just happen to have an empty evening tomorrrow22:18
huatssorry I won't be able tomorrow22:19
itnet7cool, I will try to get off early22:19
popeyok, we'll keep the wiki updated and use the irc channel too22:19
popeyjust so everyone knows whats happening22:19
popeyshall we arrange for next meeting in two weeks?22:20
popey5th October 20:00 UTC ?22:20
popeyweek before release! eek!22:21
czajkowskiwe;re not having to release anything22:21
czajkowskiright i need to leave the pub now22:21
MootBotMeeting finished at 16:21.22:21
jkeyes0later guys. :)22:22
=== noy_ is now known as noy

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!