=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== ian_brasil_ is now known as ian_brasil
* freeflying 03:58
=== inkvizitor68sl is now known as ink|off|ZNC
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== ink|off|ZNC is now known as inkvizitor68sl
inkvizitor68slre all10:08
=== inkvizitor68sl is now known as ink|off|ZNC
=== ink|off|ZNC is now known as inkvizitor68sl
=== inkvizitor68sl is now known as ink|off|ZNC
* joshuahoover waves16:01
skaethi all. ...16:02
MootBotMeeting started at 10:02. The chair is skaet.16:02
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:02
skaet[TOPIC]  open actions16:03
MootBotNew Topic:   open actions16:03
skaet# sistpoty to update delegations list and mail out - done 2009092216:04
skaet# skaet to update release process with multiverse delegation decision time, and freeze times.16:04
skaethave gone in and added some notes to the release process as well,  so that16:04
skaetshould be close to done as well for the second one.16:04
skaetScottK,  sistpoty - can you review?16:05
ScottKSure. Link?16:06
skaetwill post later16:06
skaetOther than that,  been seeing lots of good progress on closing bugs this week.   Very cool.16:07
skaetBig thanks to all :D16:07
skaetdid I miss any action items?16:07
* skaet taking silence as no ;), ... and moving along then16:08
skaet[TOPIC] QA updates16:08
MootBotNew Topic:  QA updates16:08
marjo_Hardware testing16:09
marjo_Boot Performance16:09
marjo_Boot Performance Week of 2010-09-17 to 2010-09-2316:09
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~cr3/hw-testing/current.html16:09
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~ameetp/BootChart.html16:09
marjo_Number of system regressions on Ubuntu Desktop: 016:09
marjo_Number of system regressions on Ubuntu Netbook Edition: 016:09
marjo_Number of system regressions on Kubuntu: 016:09
marjo_Spec Status16:09
marjo_ * http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-platform-qa-ubuntu-10.10.html16:09
marjo_ * https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/qa-maverick-improving-communication16:09
marjo_ * https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/qa-maverick-mago-daily16:09
marjo_ ara is making good progress on both16:09
marjo_ Other blueprints are 100% complete.16:09
marjo_skaet: short and sweet status this week16:09
marjo_ameetp is working on getting more systems to be included in boot metrics16:10
skaetmarjo,  cool.16:10
marjo_skaet: that's it from QA Team16:10
skaetthanks marjo_16:11
skaetany questions?16:11
skaet[TOPIC] security team update16:12
MootBotNew Topic:  security team update16:12
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:12
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:12
skaethi jdstrand16:12
jdstrand[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/maverick/canonical-security.html16:12
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/maverick/canonical-security.html16:12
jdstrandAgain, wrt the burndown chart, what is left for us is not tied to the release.16:12
jdstrandWe have a couple bugs we have deferred to SRU: bug #626984 and bug #64099316:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 626984 in apparmor (Ubuntu Maverick) "apparmor_parser crashed with SIGSEGV in __libc_start_main()" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62698416:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 640993 in libvirt (Ubuntu Maverick) "USB hot attach does not work (hostdev functionality only partially implemented)" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64099316:12
jdstrandThe team has been reviewing security bugs that affect the maverick release, and have been pushing last minute updates in. We plan to continue to review these.16:13
jdstrandthat's pretty much it16:13
skaetthanks jdstrand,   any questions?16:13
skaethmm,  now that I think of it,  should I be removing bug #625849 from the agenda?16:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 625849 in clamav (Ubuntu) "Upcoming release fixes bzlib security issue" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62584916:14
skaetahh... now released16:15
skaetyup should remove it.  ;)16:15
jdstrandI would say yes :)16:15
skaetcool.   Thanks!16:15
skaet... ok then,  moving right along16:15
skaet[TOPIC] kernel team update16:16
MootBotNew Topic:  kernel team update16:16
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:16
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team-ubuntu-10.10.html16:16
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team.svg16:16
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:16
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team-ubuntu-10.10.html16:16
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/maverick/canonical-kernel-team.svg16:16
ogasawaraFor the bugs noted in the agenda, status is as follows:16:16
ogasawaraBug 633392 - Have inquired about additional debug info from the reporter.16:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 633392 in linux (Ubuntu) "Bridged Guests losing network connectivity" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63339216:16
ogasawaraBug 628029 - This has been re-targeted to maverick-updates.16:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 628029 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu Maverick) "[maverick] panda omap4 does not suspend" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62802916:16
ogasawaraBug 615722 - We don't support a fsl-imx51 kernel in Maverick.  I've marked this as Invalid against Maverick and asked for clarification if it's re-opened.16:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 615722 in linux-fsl-imx51 (Ubuntu Lucid) "Missing a patch to switch low power mode only support in mc13892 2.0a" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61572216:16
ogasawaraBug 613083 - Per jjohansen's commments from last week's release meeting, Amazon is addressing this issue.16:16
ubottuBug 613083 on http://launchpad.net/bugs/613083 is private16:16
ogasawaraBug 497546 - There's no confirmation that this issue remains with Maverick so I've asked for testing.16:16
ubottuLaunchpad bug 497546 in alsa-driver (Ubuntu Lucid) "Microphones not working on Dell Vostro 320" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/49754616:16
ogasawaraAs a general status, per a Kernel Freeze Exception last week (bug 641648) we've uploaded what we hope to be the final Maverick kernel (2.6.35-22.33).  We continue to be below the trend line for our overall burn down chart and all of our workitems are now complete.16:17
ubottuLaunchpad bug 641648 in meta-gnome2 (Ubuntu) "Gnome's password prompt captures almost all input" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64164816:17
ogasawaraWe are also starting to queue Maverick SRU patches, including the upstream stable patch set.  I did however want to inquire about a 0-day kernel upload for a subset of patches.  We have 5 low/medium security fixes for CVE's and some AppArmor security fixes that will be landing shortly.  I'm told these are not release critical and don't need immediate upload.  However, I think they do warrent a 0-day kernel uploa16:17
ogasawarad.  I can write up a more detailed bug report for official consideration/approval if this sounds reasonable.  Thoughts?16:17
cjwatson0-day kernel upload is practically traditional by now16:17
ogasawarait is :)16:17
* skaet notes this. ;)16:18
skaetthanks ogasawara,  sounds reasonable.16:18
ogasawaraskaet: ack, will get you a detailed report for approval.16:18
skaetthanks for the quick cut/paste update - sweet.   :)16:18
ogasawaraAny other questions?16:18
skaetanyone else have questions?16:18
dokoogasawara: any word on bug #605042 ?16:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 605042 in eglibc (Ubuntu Maverick) "[armel] java fails to start with eglibc-2.12-0ubuntu4" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60504216:19
ogasawaradoko: not that I'm aware of at the moment, will ping cooloney.16:19
skaet[ACTION] ogasawara to write up detailed bug report for those that may warrant a 0 day kernel upload.16:21
MootBotACTION received:  ogasawara to write up detailed bug report for those that may warrant a 0 day kernel upload.16:21
skaetok ogasawara?16:22
ogasawaraskaet: yep16:22
skaetany other questions?16:22
skaet[TOPIC]  foundation team update16:23
MootBotNew Topic:   foundation team update16:23
cjwatsonGenerally feeling pretty good at this point.  We have traction on three of our longest-standing RC bugs (441941, 544139, 605042), and plenty of throughput elsewhere.  software-center is now 3.0!16:23
cjwatsonThe only one that still particularly scares me is the cluster of machines reporting boot loader issues in bug 641259.  While this may still prove to be intractable, we'll see what we can do.16:23
ubottuLaunchpad bug 641259 in grub2 (Ubuntu Maverick) "grub does not appear to load after maverick post-beta install" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64125916:23
cjwatsonCan desktop folks (both GNOME and KDE) please review bug 459639?  There's a comment from Scott saying that while it perhaps ought to be fixed in Upstart in the long run, it should be worked around by display manager packages in the meantime; no comment from desktop maintainers since then.16:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 459639 in kdebase-workspace (Ubuntu Maverick) "X server starts randomly in failsafe when starting from cold boot" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/45963916:24
cjwatsonIt's not clear whether bug 625294 is a syslinux problem at all, rather than a BIOS problem (perhaps related to bug 625383).  I've updated the bug report with my findings.16:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 625294 in syslinux (Ubuntu Maverick) "localboot in pxelinux recurses back into pxelinux, and eventually crashes" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62529416:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 625383 in syslinux (Ubuntu) "grub hangs at early booting after handoff from PXE" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62538316:24
cjwatsonthat's all I have currently but am open to reminders of things we seem to have forgotten16:24
ttxcjwatson: sure? :)16:24
didrockscjwatson: I'll add it to our list for getting desktop team feedback16:24
cjwatsonttx: go ahead, if you have something ...16:25
cjwatsondidrocks: thanks16:25
ttxBug 641259 - grub does not appear to load after maverick post-beta install16:25
ttxBug 569900 - mount: mounting /dev/md0 on /root/ failed: Invalid argument16:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 641259 in grub2 (Ubuntu Maverick) "grub does not appear to load after maverick post-beta install" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64125916:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 569900 in mdadm (Ubuntu Lucid) "mount: mounting /dev/md0 on /root/ failed: Invalid argument" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/56990016:25
ttxthat's the two in my list16:25
cjwatsonI mentioned 641259 above16:25
cjwatsonif you guys have anyone who can look at it directly with physical access, I welcome them doing some debugging to try to figure out what's going on16:26
cjwatsonbut I don't see how I can do significant amounts remotely at this point16:26
ttxcjwatson: ack16:27
cjwatsonI thought I'd asked Surbhi to look into bug 569900, but will check16:27
ubottuLaunchpad bug 569900 in mdadm (Ubuntu Lucid) "mount: mounting /dev/md0 on /root/ failed: Invalid argument" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/56990016:27
ttxcjwatson: thanks !16:28
cjwatsonit's also I think obviously not maverick-critical since we released lucid with it16:28
cjwatsonand only happens in particular circumstances depending on the previous contents of the disks16:28
ttxcjwatson: right -- this one is nice to have, not necessarily RC.16:29
cjwatsonthough I do have bug 605720 open in my queue, since a commenter on the bug reckons that's the root cause16:29
ubottuLaunchpad bug 605720 in util-linux (Ubuntu) "fdisk creates partition beyond end of disk" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60572016:29
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-lunch
skaetthanks cjwatson,  sounds like we're fairly smooth towards the release from your perspective (relative to prior ones ;) )?16:30
ttxskaet: we'll see how calm he is by that time next week :)16:30
cjwatsonquite so.  not getting complacent yet16:31
cjwatsonthe truncated cycle has meant fewer features going in, hence less to go wrong16:31
* skaet keeping fingers crossed for a calm week in london ;)16:31
skaetcool.   thanks16:31
* ttx crosses fingers for a short week.16:31
skaetyup, hoping for week to end on friday (mostly) not sunday ;)16:32
skaet[TOPIC] server team update16:32
MootBotNew Topic:  server team update16:32
cjwatsonI go home on Friday either way ;-)16:32
ttxSee updated status at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/MaverickReleaseStatus16:33
ttxNo release-milestoned bugs, and for all the others, I don't think any of those would warrant a post-RC fix16:33
ttx3 high bugs left:16:33
ttxBug 582963 - apache2 SSL pass phrase dialog can't read input (zul/SpamapS): in progress16:33
ttxBug 629005 - libmysqlclient / mysql-cluster upgrade snafu (zul): in progress16:33
ttxBug 644587 (universe) - drizzle FTBFS (SpamampS): in progress16:33
ubottuLaunchpad bug 582963 in apache2 (Ubuntu Maverick) "SSL pass phrase dialog can't read input" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58296316:33
ubottuLaunchpad bug 629005 in mysql-dfsg-5.1 (Ubuntu Maverick) "package libmysqlclient16 5.1.41-3ubuntu12.6 failed to install/upgrade: trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0', which is also in package mysql-cluster-client-5.1 0:7.0.9-1ubuntu7" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62900516:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 644587 in drizzle (Ubuntu Maverick) "fails to build from source on maverick" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64458716:34
ttxWe have 9 other maverick-targeted bugs that we may fix before RC as well.16:34
ttxMaverick bugs affecting server, in other teams:16:34
ttxI already mentioned the Foundations ones16:34
ttxWe have 3 kernel bugs related to cloud images:16:34
ttxBug 613083 - user-data is corrupted inside metadata service16:34
ttxBug 613273 - kernel panic on ec2 in system_call_fastpath16:34
ttxBug 634487 - t1.micro instance hangs when installing sun java16:34
ubottuBug 613083 on http://launchpad.net/bugs/613083 is private16:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 613273 in linux (Ubuntu) "kernel panic on ec2 in system_call_fastpath" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61327316:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 634487 in linux-ec2 (Ubuntu) "t1.micro instance hangs when installing sun java" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63448716:34
ttxthose are all on jjohansen's radar16:35
ttxOn the specs side...16:35
ttxEssential/High/Medium specs < 60% completion16:35
ttxserver-maverick-cloud-images-sans-cloud (0%) - only one work item, in progress16:35
ttxserver-maverick-workitemtracker (0%) - a bit late, but process-related only16:35
ttxserver-maverick-puppet-bootstrap (43%)16:35
ttxserver-maverick-daily-vcs (50%)16:35
ttxall tasks being disconnected from release anyway.16:35
ttxThat's all from me...16:35
ttxone last thing16:36
skaetthanks ttx16:36
=== 13WAAGOTP is now known as ian_brasil
ttxi'll be at a conference next Thursday, for RC milestone release16:36
ttxDaviey and mathiaz should cover for me if need be16:36
skaetgood to know,  thanks.16:36
skaetany questions?16:37
skaet[TOPIC] desktop team update16:37
MootBotNew Topic:  desktop team update16:37
didrocks[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:37
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:37
didrocks[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/maverick/canonical-desktop-team.html16:37
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/maverick/canonical-desktop-team.html16:37
didrocksWork items summary: We are on track for maverick, most of the items remaining on the chart are testsuite or bug workflow ones16:37
didrocksWeek work summary:16:37
didrocks* Unity got updated to a new version which fixes more than 40 bugs! still a new version coming after the meeting.16:37
didrocks* One of the fix relied on an libindicator ABI transition, which has been handled (14 rdepends). Still waiting on ubiquity merge.16:38
didrocks* Lot of bugs have been fixed16:38
didrocks* Some UIF exceptions completed for unity and indicators particularly16:38
didrocks* Final pieces (except glib/gtk) from GNOME 2.31.92 has been uploaded.16:38
didrocks* GNOME 2.32.0 tarballs are released on Monday16:38
didrocks* New unity this afternoon to be uploaded16:38
didrocks 16:38
didrocks* being investigated16:38
didrocksbug #329898: interaction in some locales with ibus issue, needs to be confirmed on maverick still16:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 329898 in ibus (Ubuntu Maverick) "The HP 1018 printer not work out of the box if used non-US locale" [Low,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/32989816:38
didrocksbug #602899: bug assigned to our xorg maintainer who asked the submitter to test previous kernel to find when the regression happened16:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 602899 in xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu Maverick) "[gm45] Xserver crash" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60289916:38
didrocksbug #614119: pitti work on it on Monday16:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 614119 in upower (Ubuntu Maverick) "upowerd crashed with SIGSEGV in dbus_connection_send()" [Critical,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61411916:38
didrocksbug #575160: cyphermox is looking at it, not sure it's trivial16:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 575160 in seamonkey (Ubuntu Maverick) "seamonkey 2.0 crashes with 'RenderBadPicture' diagnostics" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57516016:38
didrocks 16:38
didrocks 16:38
didrocks* being worked16:38
didrocksbug #628077: intel driver issue with a patch available in ppa, still need to be uploaded16:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 628077 in xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu Maverick) "[i865] Crash on logout with KDM" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62807716:38
didrocks 16:38
didrocks* fixed this week16:38
didrocksbug #625696: fixed in a nautilus upload16:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 625696 in Nautilus "Nautilus crash when IM preedit" [Critical,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62569616:38
didrocksbug #606706: fixed by pitti16:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 606706 in pm-utils (Ubuntu Maverick) "[maverick] HD spins down all the time on AC" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60670616:38
didrocksbug #187823: after discussion with debian maintainer, the crashing part due to new cairo of the testsuite is ignored16:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 187823 in libcairo-perl (Ubuntu Hardy) "ftbfs (1 failed test) with current cairo version" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/18782316:38
didrocksbug #607490: fixed and confirmed by some comments.16:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 607490 in nvidia-graphics-drivers (Ubuntu Maverick) "Xorg fails with "NVIDIA(0): Failed to allocate primary buffer: out of memory."" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60749016:38
didrocksbug #641056: gdk-pixbuf fix is done, and ia32-libs just approved 5 minutes ago!16:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 641056 in ia32-libs (Ubuntu Maverick) "Loader chooses 64-bit instead of 32-bit library" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64105616:38
didrocksthat's it for me :)16:39
skaetThanks didrocks.   nice progress indeed.16:39
skaetany questions?16:39
skaet[TOPIC] ubuntu one update16:40
MootBotNew Topic:  ubuntu one update16:40
dokodidrocks: any update on bug #632594 ?16:40
ubottuLaunchpad bug 632594 in xorg-server (Ubuntu) "xvfb 1.9 and/or metacity not working on the buildds" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63259416:40
* joshuahoover waits...16:40
* skaet thanks joshuahoover16:40
didrocksdoko: not that I know of, will add it to our radar16:40
dokodidrocks: just breaks any testsuite using xvfb ...16:41
didrocksdoko: will ask to RAOF for the xorg side, I'll have a look for metacity one16:41
joshuahooverready for ubuntu one now? :)16:42
skaetgo for it.  :)16:42
joshuahoover[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/MaverickReleaseStatus16:42
joshuahooverhi! the list of bugs we're targeting for maverick release are found on that release status page i posted16:42
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/MaverickReleaseStatus16:42
joshuahooverthere are 6 bugs we'd still like to get in for release if possible16:42
joshuahooverwe went through our maverick bugs list and determined there are some that will be better as SRUs so these 6 are the ones left that we think are important for release (listing below with rough order of importance & a little detail on each):16:42
joshuahooverbug #643787 - Erlang certificate verification does not work with new SSL...we need to get this in to get couchdb replication working properly...statik is working on getting the upload ready...we need to file an sru for lucid and karmic but need to test things first16:42
ubottuLaunchpad bug 643787 in erlang (Ubuntu Maverick) "certificate verifcation does not work with newSSL" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64378716:42
joshuahooverbug #422178 - CouchDB needs to properly enable SSL support...need this to get couchdb replication working (along w/ erlang bug mentioned above)...statik chatted with mdeslaur about getting sru of the maverick version of couchdb into lucid and karmic - sounds like that'll be ok...but first need to get this in for maverick :) ...working on that right now16:42
ubottuLaunchpad bug 422178 in couchdb (Ubuntu Maverick) "CouchDB needs to properly enable SSL support" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/42217816:42
joshuahooverbug #618945 - working on the fix right now - with ubuntuone store plugin enabled Rhythmbox can not import files or folders16:42
ubottuLaunchpad bug 618945 in The Ubuntu Music Store Rhythmbox plugin "Maverick: with the ubuntuone store plugin enabled Rhythmbox can not import files or folders" [Critical,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61894516:42
joshuahooverbug #644547 - fix for error when removing current computer from Devices list16:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 644547 in ubuntuone-client (Ubuntu) "Error when removing current computer from Devices list" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64454716:43
joshuahooverbug #645518 - fix for Nautilus plugin to notify about u1 shares being deleted16:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 645518 in ubuntuone-client (Ubuntu) "nautilus plugin should notify about share delete errors" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64551816:43
joshuahooverbug #617656 - Nautilus hangs while asking for folders  - still working on tracking down the root cause...we'd really like to get this fixed for release but it's not affecting many users (that we're aware of) and it's been super tricky to troubleshoot16:43
ubottuLaunchpad bug 617656 in ubuntuone-client (Ubuntu Maverick) "nautilus hangs while asking for folders" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61765616:43
skaetre: 617656,  ack.16:44
joshuahooverand that's it for ubuntu one...questions/concerns?16:44
skaetfor the others,  statik gave a heads up about the first couple.16:44
skaetrobbiew, cjwatson - any concerns from your side?16:44
robbiewheh...none from me16:45
cjwatsonnot really, just need to get fixes in by start of next week really16:45
cjwatsonpost-RC changes are always tougher16:45
joshuahoovercjwatson, robbiew: that's the plan16:45
robbiewjoshuahoover: cool, thnx16:45
skaet... moving along then.16:46
skaet[TOPIC] kubuntu team update16:46
MootBotNew Topic:  kubuntu team update16:46
Riddell * Qt 4.7.0 and QtWebkit 2.0.0 released and packaged, new KPackageKit in, no more version uploads expected16:46
Riddell * component mismatches is tidied up for Kubuntu bits16:46
Riddell * new mesa update expected, fixing bug 633406 and others16:46
ubottuLaunchpad bug 633406 in mesa (Ubuntu Maverick) "Display freeze when changing kwin effects settings if effects are active" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63340616:46
Riddell * update to samba sharing still expected16:46
Riddell * 15 tagged beasties http://tinyurl.com/33p7vu3, only one critical (bug 646827, ev says he's looking)16:47
ubottuLaunchpad bug 646827 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "ubiquity KDE frontend does not start" [Critical,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64682716:47
ScottKThe proposed mesa upload apparently clears up several kwin related issues.16:48
cjwatsonRiddell: could somebody have a look at bug 459639 again, in light of Scott's recent comment?16:48
ubottuLaunchpad bug 459639 in kdebase-workspace (Ubuntu Maverick) "X server starts randomly in failsafe when starting from cold boot" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/45963916:48
Riddellcjwatson: just browsed it quickly after you mentioned it above, will look closer after meeting16:49
skaetthanks Riddell,  ScottK.  :)   any other questions?16:49
ScottKNo, just busy cherrypicking kdesvn since we won't get KDE 4.5.2 due to the early release.16:49
skaetok then.    moving along...16:50
skaet[TOPIC] Desktop experience16:50
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop experience16:50
* skaet looks around...16:51
ogralost in a memory leak ?16:51
skaetor on another channel ;)16:51
ograyeah :)16:52
skaet[TOPIC] user experience16:52
MootBotNew Topic:  user experience16:52
skaethmm... think we should probably move on here as well....16:53
skaetwill follow up with them offline.16:53
skaet[TOPIC] ARM team update16:53
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM team update16:53
ograthats me !!16:53
ograDetailed status at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARMTeam/ReleaseStatus/Maverick16:53
ograShort summary:16:53
ogra * Lots of fixes went into the omap3 and 4 images16:53
ogra * TI PPA apturl support fully implemented (we have a neat TI icon on the desktop now and software-center is just awesome, kudos to mvo and mpt !!)16:53
ogra * !!! NOTE for the Universe release managers: OMAP3 3D drivers are packaged and currently in review, we will likely upload to universe early next week.16:53
ogra * Still the whole team is focused on fixing the highmem and sound issues on OMAP4 in close collaboration with the respective TI teams16:53
ogra * The FTBFS list on qa.ubuntuwire.org/ftbfs is empty now.16:53
ogra * There were build issues with the dove images due to antimony (our main build machine) being upgraded to lucid16:53
ograEntire http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile.html16:54
ograRelease: http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/maverick/canonical-mobile-ubuntu-10.10.html16:54
ograTwo "normal" bugs still targeted for final release16:54
ogra(piecemeal paste today :) )16:54
ograSerious blocker bugs:16:54
ograbug 63322716:54
ubottuLaunchpad bug 633227 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu Maverick) "instabilities with highmem activated" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63322716:54
ograbug 63794716:54
ubottuLaunchpad bug 637947 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu Maverick) "no sound devices on current ES2.0 boards" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63794716:54
ograbug 64642116:54
ubottuLaunchpad bug 646421 in user-setup (Ubuntu Maverick) "oem-config process that zero's swap broken on armel preinstalled images" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64642116:54
ograbug 60504216:54
ubottuLaunchpad bug 605042 in eglibc (Ubuntu Maverick) "[armel] java fails to start with eglibc-2.12-0ubuntu4" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60504216:54
ograthe last one is being worked around by adding a new buildd to the pool temporary ...16:55
ograthe pre-last one was only found yesterday and is very serious (enabling crypted home fills up your root partition)16:55
ograand there is more to paste :)16:55
ogra!!! Expected serious impact for final release (section did change this time :) ... leaving here as a general reminder) !!!16:55
ogra * We will get the final hardware date for OAMP4 was confirmed to be October 4th, it might be necessary that the OMAP4 image release gets delayed16:55
ogra * The above will also require late kernel and bootloader package changes and uploads to the archive (linaro release management is aware (we are using their u-boot package))16:55
ubottuError: I am only a bot, please don't think I'm intelligent :)16:55
ogra * TI works hard currently to get all code ready and prepared already where it can be done without new silicon16:56
ogra * We are trying to get it in by hard freeze (oct 6th), if that does not work for some reason (silicon or code bugs) we will resort to doing SRUs for the above mentioned packages.16:56
ogra * In case the release for OAMP4 wont be on time we will roll a delayed image as 10.10.1 for OMAP4 specifically based on the SRU packages.16:56
ograOn an additional matter, we are looking for help with bug 635840. It affects a good bunch of packages in universe and by the looks of it david will not get it fixed alone in time (worst case we would have to SRU all rdeps but would like to avoid that)16:56
ubottuLaunchpad bug 635840 in plplot (Ubuntu Maverick) "plplot fails to build on maverick" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63584016:56
ograpfft ...16:56
ograbug 63584016:56
ograthats all i had to paste :)16:56
skaetthanks ogra!  :)   fun times ahead for OMAP4... :/16:57
ograyeah :/16:57
ogra(and we were planning to have a 10.07 lucid release for it ... muhahaha)16:57
skaetany questions (or volunteering of help for 635840)?16:57
* skaet has heard about 10.07.... 16:58
ograyeah, it will likely become 10.10.116:58
ograversion numbers are so cheap :P16:59
skaetmoving along...16:59
skaet[TOPIC] MOTU update16:59
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU update16:59
* skaet looks for ScottK ?17:00
ScottKMade some good progress on FTBFS and NBS in the last week, but much more to do.17:01
iulianIndeed, just wanted to say that the number of packages that fail to build from source in the universe component has dropped down to 100 from 268 in just two weeks and the NBS list has obviously been shortened as well.17:01
ScottKWe got the Universe/Multiverse delegations and final freeze schedules out.17:01
iulian(Thanks to all who have helped to cut down these lists.)17:01
ScottKiulian: There was a mass giveback yesterday, so once it finishes retries, the final number will be higher.17:02
ScottK(but it's still gotten significantly smaller)17:02
iulianScottK: Excellent.17:02
ScottKI'd like to check and make sure everyone is OK with adjusting the delegations as I proposed here: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2010-September/000119.html17:02
ScottKThat's all.17:03
iulianI've already ack'd it so I'm out.17:03
skaetThanks ScottK.:)17:03
cjwatsonsugar> I'm fine with that17:03
* ogra likes to point to the "NOTE for the Universe release managers" line above again for more awareness17:03
skaetLink to the Release process update is: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseProcess   figured the delegations should have been done about release -28 days.   ok?17:04
skaetAlso wasn't sure that the final freeze date for universe/multiverse was typical this time around, so wanted to get input there too.17:05
ScottKskaet: Delegations should have been done before Feature Freeze.17:05
skaetScottK, ok,  will adjust.   Thanks.17:06
ScottKWe are still looking for the sweet spot on final freeze for unseeded packages.17:07
ScottKWe can update based on how this goes.17:07
skaetfair 'nuf17:07
iulianScottK: Ah, bleah.  Didn't know about the mass giveback.17:07
ScottKiulian: Yeah.  It's still better, just not as much better as it looks right now.17:07
skaetany other questions?17:08
ScottKI'm going to consider the Sugar delegation approved.17:08
skaetwill move on...17:09
skaet[TOPIC] Linaro team update17:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Linaro team update17:09
* skaet looks for JamieBennett ?17:10
skaethmm... some nice active other channels today I guess ;)17:11
skaet[TOPIC] open floor - any issues to raise?17:12
MootBotNew Topic:  open floor - any issues to raise?17:12
* skaet looking around for a wave?17:13
davidbarthskaet: maybe https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/MaverickReleaseStatus for you information (sorry was on a call and I missed the time)17:13
ScottKWhen do we want to start to spin candidate RC images (i.e. stop processing uploads)?17:13
ScottKTuesday AM?17:13
Riddellsladen: any news on the font?17:13
skaetdavidbarth, thanks.17:13
skaetrobbiew, ^^ question from ScottK17:14
robbiewScottK: ack17:15
robbiewTuesday AM17:15
cjwatsonit'll be a busy weekend17:15
skaetRiddell, sladen wasn't able to make meeting.17:15
skaetany other questions?17:16
ScottKWe could do it robbiew style and just spin ISOs on Thursday.17:16
Riddellwho is actually taking charge of spinning ISOs?17:16
robbiewScottK: heh17:17
robbiewRiddell: yeah....I need to figure that out17:17
robbiewRiddell: volunteering?17:17
Riddellcould do17:17
skaetheh.  looks like robbiew has his volunteer ;)17:19
skaetrobbiew,  will you send a note around communicating the plan and dates for the RC images?17:19
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen
skaetgreat.  Thanks.17:20
skaet... ok,  since am not seeing any new waves,  probably time to end the meeting.17:20
skaetthanks again for the great progress on the bugs this week.  :D17:20
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:20.17:20
skaetthanks marjo, ogasawara, cjwatson, robbiew, ScottK, ogra, ttx, Riddell, iulian, joshuahoover, didrocks, doko for good input  :)17:24
marjo_skaet: thx!17:24
ograthanks :)17:24
joshuahooverthank you skaet!17:24
robbiewskaet: no...THANK YOU! :)17:24
ogasawaraskaet: thanks!17:24
didrocksthanks everyone :)17:24
=== Ursinha-lunch is now known as Ursinha
=== ink|off|ZNC is now known as inkvizitor68sl
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!