=== tkamppeter__ is now known as tkamppeter
Amaranthhyperair: #compiz-dev could probably just take it from you02:50
hyperairAmaranth: a bit too late, the patch's already committed =)02:51
hyperairbut yeah i took it to #compiz-dev02:51
Amaranthhyperair: Did you see the PPA I started for compiz++?03:02
hyperairAmaranth: YOU DID?!03:02
AmaranthI got compiz and libcompizconfig done, iirc03:02
hyperairafter all the efforts i went through compiling and stuffing into /opt!03:02
AmaranthBut then seb128 said to merge with the debian packaging and I couldn't get any answer from the debian packager on my changes03:03
hyperairah i see.03:03
AmaranthSo that's where I stopped working on it03:03
AmaranthI rewrote the compiz package to use dh 703:03
hyperairwill there be a daily PPA for compiz++?03:03
AmaranthAnd I was going to include the plugin packs as submodules of the compiz package so they would always be in sync and we could easily creatively split them up based on usage03:04
hyperairah i see03:04
hyperairthat's an interesting idea.03:04
AmaranthMaybe, I might just go implement all my ideas anyway and get seb128 to recognize the awesomeness03:04
hyperairbut that'd require you to generate your own tarballs, right?03:04
AmaranthOh, crap, I deleted my PPA because some idiots were trying to use it and it didn't have all the packages03:05
AmaranthI hope I still have the source packages somewhere...03:05
hyperairyou should always maintain these things in git =p03:05
Amaranthhyperair: I believe dh 7 supports a source package with multiple tarballs03:05
hyperairoh yeah it does.03:05
AmaranthOr maybe I would have to roll my own 'compiz' tarball03:05
AmaranthOh, I still have my bzr branches03:05
hyperairyou might, if you're going for the submodule method03:06
hyperairgit-buildpackage hates submodules in any case.03:06
AmaranthNice simple rules file03:07
hyperairwhy are you still depending on cdbs, though?03:07
Amaranththe translation stripping stuff03:08
hyperairafaik you don't need cdbs for that.03:09
hyperairmy dh7 packages don't.03:09
hyperaire.g. nautilus-share03:09
AmaranthDo you strip the translations though? You actually have to put something in rules to do it03:09
AmaranthFrom the gconf schemas, I mean03:10
hyperairoh nautilus-share doesn't have gconf03:10
hyperairwait a sec, i could have sworn i made nautilus-share use dh703:11
hyperairwhy is it still using cdbs D=03:11
hyperairanyway, i have to be going. ttyl03:12
=== nigelbabu is now known as nigelb
=== almaisan-away is now known as al-maisan
=== al-maisan is now known as almaisan-away
RAOFWho feels like sponsoring some bugfixes!06:21
kklimondaRAOF: do you have any idea if the subpar performance of unity is related to nvidia drivers?06:22
RAOFIt's sub-par on nvidia?06:23
kklimondawell, not even a subpar performance - just that using unity (with some pretty standard apps) makes my laptop boil :/06:23
RAOFI should probably install the blob on one of my nvidia machines, but Alberto does such a good job of maintaining it!06:23
kklimondatemperature is ~7-8 degrees higher then what I get on standard desktop and it can raise up to ~9006:24
RAOFI guess it's possible that unity hits codepaths poorly-optimised by the nvidia drivers.  I'd be a bit surprised, though, since AFAIK unity tends to be developed on a combination of intel & nvidia boxes.06:24
kklimondaI can see mutter constantly use some cpu even if I just type in the terminal..06:25
RAOFI'd give #ayatana a try, or... #ubuntu-dx?  Where do our DX guys hang out? :)06:25
kklimondaon #ayatana afair06:26
kklimondado you know who I should ask directly?06:26
RAOFNot really; both DBO and MacSlow would probably be knowledgable in the appropriate areas, though.06:27
DBOkklimonda, whats up?06:27
kklimondathanks, I'll ask them06:27
kklimondaDBO: unity is boiling my laptop :/06:27
kklimondawell, not exactly but it's noticeably hotter06:27
DBOkklimonda, a little more explanation would be nice :)06:27
kklimondaDBO: there isn't much else - just by running unity (firefox, evolution, terminal, few more apps but nothing cpu intensive) my laptop runs 7-8 degrees hotter then when I use standard desktop.06:28
DBOkklimonda, okay a small battery of questions: CPU/GPU? CPU usage levels when running unity? Standard desktop == compiz?06:29
kklimondaDBO: compiz, core2duo 2.4Ghz with nvidia quadro 140m06:29
DBOkklimonda, using the nvidia proprietary drivers?06:30
DBOhows CPU?06:30
kklimondaDBO: hmm.. I get constant 20% cpu usage when I move terminal window slowly06:31
kklimondaslower I move it the higher cpu usage is :)06:32
DBOthats actually expected, how is it just sitting there?06:32
kklimondait's sitting at 1-2%06:32
kklimonda4 windows: 2 terminals, transmission and rhythmbox in background06:32
kklimondawhen I type in terminal cpu usage raises to ~7%06:33
DBOrunning maverick?06:33
=== almaisan-away is now known as al-maisan
kklimondaDBO: yeah, up to date06:34
DBOthe CPU usage seems fine, almost idle06:34
DBOit is likely the high temperature is related to GPU being powered up into a higher power state06:35
DBOthis is one of the few times a nvidia chip is working against you here...06:35
kklimondacan I actually force it to stay in powersave?06:35
kklimondaand my nvidia is a nasty beast - it's actively working on making my laptop useless by burning itself ;)06:36
kklimondabtw, I have crashed mutter/unity twice already06:37
kklimondaand I've been running it for an hour or so :)06:37
* DBO sighs06:37
RAOFDBO: You should have quit about a month ago.  It was much more stable ;)06:37
DBOit wasn't us who broke it06:38
DBOall these new updates came into Maverick06:38
RAOFOh, yeah.  There was a clutter update, wasn't there.06:38
DBOhow much can I bitch about clutter in public?06:38
kklimondabut the stacktrace actually looks useful: __strlen_sse2 () at ../sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/../strlen.S:3106:38
kklimonda g_strconcat (string1=0x7fc006c0c50b "app-") at /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.25.15/glib/gstrfuncs.c:31006:38
DBO? more?06:39
kklimondaDBO: I can subscribe you if you can give me your launchpad id :)06:39
DBOlink me the bug?06:39
kklimondait's not retraced yet but first 3 frames are available.06:39
kklimondabug 64854806:39
ubot2kklimonda: Bug 648548 on http://launchpad.net/bugs/648548 is private06:39
kklimondasubscribing you06:40
DBOkklimonda, why is a Unity bug private such that not even the unity team can look at it?06:41
kklimondaDBO: until it's retraced it's not available to anyone because CoreDump is still attached06:41
DBOwell, looks like we got vala fucked again, I'll look at it06:41
micahg!ohmy | DBO06:42
ubot2DBO: Please remember that all Ubuntu IRC channels share the same attitude of providing friendly and polite interaction with all users of all ages and cultures. Basically, this means no foul language and no abuse towards others.06:42
kklimondaDBO: it's not that hard to make vala generate stupid things :/06:42
DBORAOF, you think I should try for Ubuntu membership06:44
kklimondayeah, you were right - It's probably gpu reving up to make all the bling show on the screen every time I do something.06:44
RAOFDBO: Sure, if you want to.06:44
RAOFI mean, I know you :)06:44
DBOhehe I am curious how that would go06:45
kklimondaDBO: after I spent last 20 minutes doing nothing but chatting here the temperature has dropped down.06:45
DBO"So what have you done for Ubuntu?" "Oh you know... stuff"06:45
DBOkklimonda, I suspect what is going on is as you do stuff mutter in all its wisdome is getting a big ol stream of damage events06:45
DBOunlike compiz its not all that smart about occlusion and just goes ahead and tfp's the living heck (welcome micahg) out of your system06:46
kklimondathat's unfortunate06:46
DBOthis is causing your X driver to enter a spin loop (TFP is awesome) and spins the nvidia driver up to a higher power state06:46
RAOFDBO: It should be using the GL occlusion query that locked the GPU on i965 :)06:47
DBOin so many ways I hate linux drivers06:47
kklimondaDBO: any chance you can fix that before natty release? ;)06:47
kklimondabecause I refuse to use gnome shell06:47
DBOthe crash? yes06:47
kklimondamutter being stupid :)06:47
RAOFSpeaking of which… sponsorship of mesa & xserver-xorg-video-intel from http://cooperteam.net/Packages/ would be appreciated :)06:47
DBOthe performance? my god man I rewrite the entire logic of how clutter picks actors (no small task, they chiding me for even suggesting i could do it)06:48
kklimondaI wonder if I can at least force nvidia to stay in powersave mode..06:48
kklimondaIt's not like I use it for anything06:48
kklimondathe worst purchase ever - for various reasons06:49
kklimondaoh wait, the ibook that broke 4 times was probably even worse..06:49
DBOno you cant06:51
DBOnvidia has openly stated that06:51
DBObasically they need to be able to power up in dual monitor situations06:51
DBOso rather than giving you that control06:51
DBOwell you get the idea...06:51
kklimondaright, users are obviously too stupid for their own good so It's important to think for them..06:52
kklimondaDBO: btw, do you know if it's reported that, when an application is maximised, I can't double click on the top panel (where appmenu-gtk lives) to unmaximise it?07:02
kklimondaI haven't seen it reported but maybe I'm not looking at the right packae07:02
DBOkklimonda, thats more of a feature issue than a bug07:02
DBOI know that code is not written07:02
kklimondaDBO: oh, so it's on the radar?07:02
DBOmmm no comment07:03
=== al-maisan is now known as almaisan-away
=== almaisan-away is now known as al-maisan
Sarvattkklimonda: yeah you can, with the registrydwords module option07:09
kklimondaSarvatt: any drawbacks?07:09
Sarvatti can't remember the exact stanza for minimum all the time though..07:09
kklimondaother then not being able to rev it up without restarting X :)07:09
SarvattPowerMizerEnable=0x1 PerfLevelSrc=0x2233 PowerMizerDefault=0x3  -- thats always min power on battery, adaptive on ac07:10
kklimondagoogle, here I come07:11
Sarvattyou can probably tweak it with nvidia-settings on the command line, i know xorg.conf stopped working around the 180 series07:11
Sarvattlemme boot up my nvidia and see how I did it07:11
Sarvattok level 1 is max performance 3 is min power for each of the settings, PerfLevelSrc=0x2222 makes it fixed frequency on ac and battery, 2233 is fixed on battery adaptive on ac07:20
Sarvattneed to add options nvidia NVreg_RegistryDwords="foo" in a /etc/modprobe.d/whatever.conf07:20
Sarvattmight be options nvidia-current actually07:21
Sarvattlooks like i'm not using any of the settings at the moment on that machine to reference, I always get thrown off when I go to disable it07:21
Sarvattoptions nvidia NVreg_RegistryDwords="PowerMizerEnable=0x1; PerfLevelSrc=0x2222; PowerMizerDefault=0x3"07:22
Sarvattthat should work07:22
Sarvattvdpau needs more than the min frequency so you might not want to use it :)07:22
kklimondaI have never really had much luck with vdpau anyway07:23
kklimondaoption nvidia or nvidia-current?07:23
kklimondaok, lets see what happens07:24
Sarvattoh! I was using xorg.conf, I guess it does work again!07:25
Sarvatti have Option "RegistryDwords" "PowerMizerEnable=0x1; PerfLevelSrc=0x2233; PowerMizerDefault=0x3; PowerMizerDefaultAC=0x2" in the device section of my xorg.conf07:26
Sarvattit only worked via a kernel module option from 180-195 from what I remember, but its working via xorg.conf in this 260 driver07:27
kklimondahmm, it doesn't seem to work - at least nvidia-settings says that gpu revs up as always..07:27
kklimondais modprobe -r nvidia-current && modprobe nvidia-current enough?07:27
Sarvattwhat GPU do you have?07:27
kklimondaquadro 140m07:27
Sarvattif its before 8xxx it proably wont work07:27
kklimondano, it's 8xxx07:27
Sarvattoh thats the same as I have and its working07:27
kklimondahmm.. then I'm probably doing it wrong07:28
Sarvattits sitting at 169/100 in nvidia-settings no  matter what I do with the xorg.conf07:28
Sarvatt(on battery)07:29
kklimondaI should remove the last one?07:31
Sarvattyeah no need for the module option, xorg.conf works07:31
Sarvattsorry about that07:31
kklimondai.e. PowerMizerDefaultAC=0x207:31
Sarvatttry Option  "RegistryDwords" "PowerMizerEnable=0x1; PerfLevelSrc=0x2222; PowerMizerDefault=0x3; PowerMizerDefaultAC=0x3"07:32
Sarvattthat should be always lowest power mode07:32
Sarvattdont have an ac adapter handy to check it07:33
Sarvattnouveau will have power management for natty at least07:33
kklimondayeah, it works now - everything is so slow :D07:34
kklimondawell, not everything but the fade-in/fade-out is07:34
Sarvattmight want to use adaptive that only goes up to performance level 1, but heck if I know what that combination would be :)07:35
kklimondayeah, that would probably be perfect.. Good to know that nvidia provides a detailed documentation for this feature ;)07:35
Sarvatti know you can do that though because i've had it before07:35
kklimonda0x2 maybe?07:37
Sarvatt*that* might be the thing you need to use the kernel module options to accomplish07:38
Sarvattactually, try this07:38
SarvattOption  "RegistryDwords" "PowerMizerEnable=0x1; PerfLevelSrc=0x3333; PowerMizerDefault=0x3; PowerMizerDefaultAC=0x2"07:38
* Sarvatt thinks default sets the max level but isn't sure07:39
kklimondahttp://tutanhamon.com.ua/technovodstvo/NVIDIA-UNIX-driver/ do you think it's up to date?07:39
Sarvattyeah those two default values pick the performance level to use, with 1 being the fastest level and 3 being the slowest level07:40
Sarvattso Option  "RegistryDwords" "PowerMizerEnable=0x1; PerfLevelSrc=0x3333; PowerMizerDefault=0x2; PowerMizerDefaultAC=0x2" would do it07:41
Sarvattthe options have been there for years and years so  I'm sure it is07:41
kklimondait seem to be stuck at the Level 107:42
kklimondaor not07:42
kklimondait just took a while07:43
Sarvattit go own to 0 or up to 2?07:43
kklimondaonly down to 007:43
Sarvattsweet, no problem07:43
didrocksgood morning08:12
RAOFAloha, didrocks!08:15
didrockshey RAOF, how are you?08:15
RAOFPretty good.08:15
RAOFOh, whoops.  Just cliked on a link.  I may be slightly less than responsive while KDE tries to launch hundreds of winebrowser instances for no particularly good reason.08:16
RAOFYay!  It's done.08:19
pittiGood morning08:19
TheMusoHey pitti, didrocks.08:21
didrocksGuten Morgen pitti08:21
didrockshey TheMuso08:21
pittihey TheMuso, had a nice weekend?08:21
pittibonjour didrocks08:21
TheMusopitti: Certainly did thanks, a little warmer than I'd like for early sprig however.08:22
TheMusoearly/mid spring even08:22
pittilucky you - it has been raining here since Saturday, and will most of the week08:22
RAOFAnd we've got strong wind here - although it's settled down a bit during the day.08:23
didrockshey seb128 :)09:01
seb128lut didrocks09:02
didrockswelcome back! how were your holidays?09:02
seb128how are you?09:02
seb128great, I managed to not work at all09:02
seb128I almost didn't turn the computer on09:02
seb128how did those 10 days go?09:02
didrocksbusy :)09:02
didrocksbut good I think!09:03
didrocksa lot of RC bug closed and such09:03
didrocksand a lot of uploads :)09:03
didrockshappy to hear you didn't turn the computer on during your holidays :)09:03
mvohey seb128 - welcome back!09:03
seb128hey mvo, thanks!09:04
seb128didrocks, great09:04
seb128didrocks, where do we stand quality and updates wise09:04
seb128desktop and une?09:04
didrocksseb128: desktop has few remaining RC bugs, I didn't get anything worrying on the list09:05
seb128ok, great09:05
didrocksI finished updating gnome 2.31.92 last week, all went well09:05
seb128how did the meeting go?09:05
didrocks(apart from glib and gtk I let you that part :p)09:05
seb128brb coffee ready09:05
seb128new GNOME today right?09:05
didrocksright, finishing my emails first and then, jump on them :)09:05
didrocksunity got a lot, a lot, a lot of bug fixes :)09:06
didrocksit's really good those days!09:06
didrocksstill some few bugs which should be fixed as of today09:06
didrocksa lot of unexpected extra work like libindicator soname bump… but overall all went well09:06
didrocksand both meetings were smooth :) nothing particular09:07
seb128ok great09:11
seb128I'm catching up on emails, it's crazy09:11
seb128especially my bugmails box which has received lot of bug watch updates it seems09:11
seb128didrocks, seems there was some discussion about the signature09:12
seb128thanks for fixing it ;-)09:12
seb128did we just decide to go back to the hack I did without your changes to set it as default?09:12
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
=== asac_ is now known as asac
* mvo restarts to test mesa changes09:24
didrocksseb128: yeah, quite hot discussion :)09:34
didrocksgood luck on email catching09:34
didrocksseb128: yeah, it's your hack + some small fixes, but not the default addition09:34
seb128didrocks, ^ in gnome-menus09:35
seb128isn't the caching ubuntu specific?09:35
didrocksseb128: no, this is the internal gnome-menus cache, not the file cache09:35
didrocksseb128: don't do like vuntz, he was blaming our cache :p09:35
vuntzseb128: welcome back. Make sure to blame didrocks a lot!09:36
didrocksand then, realize it was all his fault!09:36
didrockshe didn't believe me :p09:36
vuntzdidrocks: of course I didn't believe you. As usual :-)09:36
seb128hey vuntz09:37
mvoon todays upgrade I get a lot warnings about a missing "/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/loaders.cache" - known issue?09:50
seb128sort of09:50
seb128that's nothing new in any case09:51
seb128it's there since gdk-pixbuf has its own source09:51
seb128I pinged you about that by then09:51
seb128the issue is that the gdk-pixbuf postinst create the cache09:51
seb128but other postinsts can be run before this one and use the pixbufs09:51
seb128ie softwares installing icons09:52
seb128running gtk-update-icon-cache09:52
seb128mvo, ^09:52
seb128baptistemm, lut09:52
seb128mvo, we would need a way to ensure that the gdx-pixbuf postinst is triggered before the others09:52
seb128but there is no way to do that right?09:53
mvohm, ok09:56
mvoso its harmless?09:56
seb128not sure09:56
seb128I'm not sure it doesn't make the icon cache updates fail09:56
pittihey seb128, welcome back! had a nice vacatin?09:56
seb128hey pitti!09:56
seb128excellent thanjks09:56
* pitti hugs seb12809:56
* seb128 hugs pitti09:56
seb128how are things around?09:56
pittipretty hectic last week, but settling down09:57
seb128I'm still catching up, anything I should know about?09:57
seb128oh? breakage? or just rc bug fixing sprint?09:57
pittithe latter09:57
pittii386 retracer fixed, FYI (python module breakage again)09:57
mvowhat is the shortcut in unity that was alt-f2 in most other systems?09:58
pittiif a "run app" feature is available, why wouldn't it be alt-f2?09:59
mvoI don't know10:00
baptistemmsalut seb12810:00
mvoI guess there is none10:03
didrocksmvo: there is none10:06
mvodidrocks: bug #648625 fwiw, mutter crashing reliable for me on right click on any launcher item and clicking on a action in there10:09
ubot2mvo: Bug 648625 on http://launchpad.net/bugs/648625 is private10:09
didrocksmvo: waow, can't open the bug :)10:10
didrocksmvo: ATI card?10:10
mvodidrocks: intel10:10
mvodidrocks: subscribed you10:11
didrocksmvo: thanks10:11
didrocksmvo: sounds like GL issue10:11
didrockscan you paste to the bug report your exact intel card?10:12
didrocksthere were a feature planned for a fallback if GL support in quicklist wasn't handle by the hw10:13
didrocksunfortunately, that branch didn't land and may won't be in maverick10:13
chrisccoulsongood morning everyone10:30
seb128chrisccoulson, hey10:31
seb128how are you?10:31
chrisccoulsonhi seb128, you're back!10:31
chrisccoulsondid you enjoy your vacation?10:31
chrisccoulsoni'm good thanks10:31
seb128yes, I had a great time away from the computer10:31
seb128I'm happy to be back to it after 2 weeks though ;-)à10:31
chrisccoulsonheh _;_10:32
chrisccoulsonnot sure what happened there ;)10:32
chrisccoulsoni bet you have a lot of bug mail to get through this morning10:32
seb128emails yes, not only bugemails10:32
seb128I think I will just set the bug emails as read10:32
seb128I've read the ones assigned to me or the team10:33
didrockshey chrisccoulson10:41
chrisccoulsonhi didrocks, how are you?10:41
didrockschrisccoulson: got a lot of rest this week-end, so fine, yes! ;)10:41
didrocksand you?10:42
chrisccoulsonyeah, i'm good thanks. i got quite a bit of rest too10:42
mvodidrocks: running netbook-session and switching back set the gconf key for "metacity-is-a-compoisition manager"10:43
ftadidrocks, hi, do you still plan to sponsor the tiny cairo fix?10:43
mvodidrocks: and it shufffled my custom button_layout (that one is minor)10:44
mvodidrocks: just fyi, not terrible10:44
didrocksfta: not right now, but can maybe do later or hunt for another sponsor :)10:44
didrocksmvo: hum? switching back to the desktop session change the default compositing manager?10:44
mvodidrocks: it appears to have set /apps/metacity/general/compositing_manager to true10:48
didrocksinteresting, that's maybe a side issue when mutter is started10:48
* didrocks checks the value there10:48
chrisccoulsondidrocks - any bugs you want me to fix today? :-)10:49
chrisccoulsoni got the totem one fixed on friday10:49
didrockshum, it's false there, will try later on :)10:49
didrockschrisccoulson: yeah, I saw that! thanks a lot :)10:49
didrockschrisccoulson: hum, there is still those 2 ftbfs (the syncevo and the testsuite of xvfb). Not sure how important it is. Do you want to work on them?10:50
didrocksthe totem fix really rocks! ;)10:50
chrisccoulsonyeah, sure10:50
didrocksthanks chrisccoulson :)10:51
didrockschrisccoulson: I'll upload it with the new totem btw10:51
didrocksmvo: can you log a bug and subscribe me? I'll have a test later on a fresh install :)10:53
mvodidrocks: sure10:53
didrocksmvo: thanks :)10:53
mvodidrocks: what package? unity?10:54
didrocksmvo: add a unity upstream task for tracking, but I would say ubuntu-netbook-default-settings for the package10:54
seb128chrisccoulson, having some free time today?10:56
chrisccoulsonseb128 - yeah, i can look at some desktop bugs today10:57
seb128didrocks, how busy are you?10:57
seb128I'm trying to organize GNOME 2.32 updates ;-)10:57
didrocksseb128: well, quite a bit right now :-) will be able to start updates on 30 minutes, I hope :)10:57
didrocksseb128: will do the gnome-games one10:59
mvodidrocks: bug #64866210:59
ubot2Launchpad bug 648662 in ubuntu-netbook-default-settings (Ubuntu) "after switching from netbook-session to desktop-session metacity is a composiotr (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64866210:59
seb128didrocks, ok10:59
seb128I will start with the gdk-pixbuf gtk glib10:59
didrocksseb128: yeah, the one I even didn't try to touch :)10:59
didrocksseb128: oh about gtk, one sec10:59
seb128pitti, do I need ack from somebody to sync telepathy-* updates from debian?11:00
* didrocks looks at emails11:00
seb128we have the current rc tarballs and they rolled stable ones while I was away11:00
didrocksseb128: bratche fixed bug #644730 and it's now commited upstream AFAIK, maybe should be interesting to pick it11:00
ubot2Launchpad bug 644730 in gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu) "Remove mouse scrolling from GtkNotebook tabs (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64473011:00
seb128didrocks, ok thanks11:01
didrocksyw :)11:01
pittiseb128: you were on the freeze exceptions delegates list for GNOME, but since you were on holiday and couldn't confirm, you got taken off, I think11:01
pittiseb128: but at this point I think it's better to have a bug and document it, and get a signoff11:01
seb128pitti, hum ok, one bug for each I guess?11:02
didrocksseb128: tp-glib is depending on latest gir11:02
pittiseb128: or task, if the kind of changes are similar11:02
didrocksand that blocks another tp package11:02
seb128didrocks, well quite some 2.32 tarballs will11:02
seb128I will just revert those commits11:02
didrocksyeah, it's just a FYI stuff :) I didn't have the time to look at it and ken told me it wasn't trivial to revert11:02
seb128pitti, do you prefer a bug or a fakesync so it can be reviewed in the queue?11:03
seb128didrocks, ok11:03
pittiseb128: I don't mind much; fakesync makes it easier to review, though11:03
seb128didrocks, the gtk change seems controversial that will be for next cycle11:03
pittiseb128: but harder to comment if there are questionable changs11:03
didrocksseb128: sure11:04
seb128pitti, ok, let me see the diff first and I will do what seems easier11:04
gordmvo, hey, re bug 648625 - could you pastebin me the output of gconftool-2 --get /desktop/unity/launcher/favorites/favorites_list please?11:30
ubot2Launchpad bug 648625 in unity (Ubuntu) (and 2 other projects) "mutter crashed with SIGSEGV in g_strconcat() (affects: 1) (heat: 12)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64862511:30
didrocksmvo: about bug #648662, I should miss something. Reinstall there an ubuntu-desktop, add ubunut-netbook, switching to the session, and then switching back to ubuntu-desktop session and the compositing_manager didn't change and still distro's default (and then, false…)11:38
ubot2Launchpad bug 648662 in ubuntu-netbook-default-settings (Ubuntu) "after switching from netbook-session to desktop-session metacity is a composiotr (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64866211:38
seb128ok lunch time11:56
didrocksenjoy seb12811:56
seb128didrocks, I can do the vuntz's tarball after lunch11:56
seb128ie gnome-desktop libwnck etc11:56
didrocksok thanks :)11:57
didrocksrestart on live, will be back in less than 10 min if everything's ok12:11
seb128didrocks, re12:26
didrocksre seb12812:26
seb128didrocks, so what went wrong? you came back after 11 minutes12:26
didrocksseb128: well, time to finish uploading gnome-games. not used to slow network :)12:27
didrocksseb128: the thing is, it seems my fix doesn't work, so a few reboot for testing will be needed12:27
seb128didrocks, hint from a slow dsl user, scp your .changes .diff.gz .dsc on chinstrap or similar12:28
mvodidrocks: I wonder if it was because of my earlier mutter crash? the compositing_manager change I mean12:28
seb128then wget the orig and dput there12:28
rodrigo_seb128, didrocks: can you please review, upload and merge this -> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~rodrigo-moya/ubuntu/maverick/rhythmbox/unbreak-python-bindings/+merge/3669912:28
=== doko__ is now known as doko
seb128didrocks, rodrigo_: doing it12:29
didrocksseb128: yeah, I think I'll do that :)12:29
mvodidrocks: its a relatively fresh install (mid-last week) and I'm pretty sure I did not set it myself or did anything other fancy (yet) other then playing with unity12:29
didrocksmvo: do you have in your desktop session fancy launchers in panels or in the desktop? :)12:29
didrocksmvo: I think printing the key gord pointed at will be a nice clue12:30
didrocksok, restarting to debug12:30
didrocksseb128: have you already done gnome-session? I have a patch to update first12:43
seb128didrocks, no12:44
seb128you can do it if you want12:44
didrocksseb128: I'll do it then :)12:44
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
pedro_hello folks13:16
seb128hey pedro_!13:16
pedro_seb128! welcome back! :-)13:17
pedro_seb128, did you got too many 'bug watch updates' emails?13:17
seb128pedro_, enough to decide to mark my bugmails box as read13:18
seb128so if you need me to know about a bug which was not assigned to me or the team ping me on IRC13:18
pedro_ok will do it13:18
pedro_i've been doing the same for closed bugs btw13:18
bilalakhtarseb128: Welcome back and THANKS!13:39
seb128bilalakhtar, hey, thanks for what?13:39
bilalakhtarseb128: Thanks for the endorsement on that day13:39
seb128oh right13:40
bilalakhtarseb128: I didn't get to thank you since then :)13:40
bilalakhtarYou went on vacation13:40
seb128right, which is one of the reason I was quite busy before the meeting and didn't have time to write on the wiki for you13:40
seb128chrisccoulson, do you want to help on GNOME updates?13:52
seb128we are in a hurry to get 2.32 in today13:52
chrisccoulsonseb128 - yeah, sure13:53
jcastrowelcome back seb!13:53
cyphermoxseb128, how can I pitch in?13:53
bcurtiswx_seb128, same here, would I be able to help?13:54
seb128ok, great, motivated people there!13:56
seb128we work from http://people.canonical.com/~seb128/versions.html but we don't want to update everything13:56
seb128let me list some updates to do, whoever want to do one say "claiming <source>é13:56
seb128we will use IRC to dispatch tasks13:57
jcastroseb128: I am just here to say if you have more bugs --> klattimer13:57
seb128jcastro, hey13:57
seb128jcastro, I'm just back from holidays so right now I don't have my hands on the bug state13:57
seb128didrocks, ^ though13:57
seb128you probably have a better overview of things13:58
didrocksjcastro: oh, he already finished all others I gave? sweet. Will have a look13:58
bcurtiswx_seb128, once empathy releases 2.32.0 i can get a branch done for ya13:58
* didrocks finishes something and have a look then13:58
seb128bcurtiswx: great13:59
didrockshey mterry!13:59
didrocksmterry: welcome to the team :)13:59
mterrydidrocks, hi!  :)13:59
seb128mterry, hey13:59
mterryseb128, yo!14:00
seb128mterry, welcome on board14:00
cyphermoxchrisccoulson, just a reminder, if you could spend a minute or two to look at my merge req. for bug 57516014:01
ubot2Launchpad bug 575160 in seamonkey (openSUSE) (and 3 other projects) "seamonkey 2.0 crashes with 'RenderBadPicture' diagnostics (affects: 19) (dups: 4) (heat: 125)" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/57516014:01
jcastromterry: \o/14:01
seb128ok so14:01
=== bilalakhtar_ is now known as bilalakhtar
fagan13:57 < jcastro> seb128: I am just here to say if you have more bugs --> klattimer14:03
faganI just clicked on the window14:04
faganand it pased something14:04
chrisccoulsoncyphermox, micahg mentioned it in #ubuntu-mozillateam this morning, and he has an idea of what to do to make it work with system cairo14:04
chrisccoulsonbut hasn't had time to write a patch yet14:04
seb128chrisccoulson, bcurtiswx, cyphermox:14:05
seb128if you want to do some updates14:05
cyphermoxchrisccoulson, ah, right, okay then :)14:05
seb128^ if you start on one say it there14:07
cyphermoxclaiming libgweather ;)14:07
seb128[UPDATING] source14:07
seb128cyphermox, noted ;-)14:07
seb128I just decided on [UPDATING] for easier parsing14:07
seb128mterry, ^ if you want to help on those today14:07
cassidyone more soon for you guys, I'm distchecking Empathy 2.32.0 atm :)14:07
seb128we will probably get extra one comings14:07
bcurtiswx_[UPDATING] vino14:08
seb128bcurtiswx_: ^ empathy will be yours as well14:08
bcurtiswx_cassidy, OK i'll be on that too then14:08
mterryseb128, sure, I can claim something.  gucharmap?14:09
corecodechrisccoulson: around?14:09
chrisccoulsonclaiming vte (but i will need someone to sponsor that)14:10
chrisccoulsoncorecode, yes14:10
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
didrocks[UPDATING] libwnck14:10
corecodechrisccoulson: your last gnome-terminal update on lucid removed the useful rows/columns setting14:10
corecodechrisccoulson: i understand that that happened upstream, but still.  that's in reference to bug #51048314:11
ubot2Launchpad bug 510483 in gnome-terminal (Ubuntu) (and 1 other project) "Gnome-terminal ignores /usr/share/vte/termcap/xterm (affects: 1) (heat: 8)" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/51048314:11
chrisccoulsoncorecode, that's because it was removed in the upstream stable release. it should never have been there in the first place, and is just unfortunate that we shipped with an unstable version14:11
seb128chrisccoulson, ok14:11
corecodechrisccoulson: i disagree; it is a very useful thing to have14:11
corecodechrisccoulson: before, you had to modify termcap entries that are likely to be overwritten on updates14:12
corecodechrisccoulson: now you could actually change the default size at a sensible place14:12
corecodechrisccoulson: and what's worse is that this now changed mid-release14:12
corecodeand in maverick it will change back14:13
seb128^ other update14:13
corecodethat's quite counter least astonishment14:13
chrisccoulsoncorecode, it was removed to fix gnome bug 60787514:14
ubot2Gnome bug 607875 in Profiles "ignores termcap?" [Blocker,Resolved: fixed] http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=60787514:14
corecodechrisccoulson: i understand that14:15
corecodechrisccoulson: does not seem like a reasonable decision to me14:15
* cyphermox brb -> making tea14:16
corecodeafter all it is much easier to change the default size in the gui than by editing some termcap entry14:16
corecodenow that this has been reverted, everybody who finally did change the default size will be surprised14:17
OwaisLhi, does anyone know if the xorg edgers ppa fixes Intel GM issue for clutter?14:19
faganOwaisL: you should ask the #ubuntu-x guys14:20
faganthey would know14:20
cassidyseb128, are you going to pacakge GTK 2.22 in Maverick ?14:22
OwaisLfagan, all right. thanks14:23
=== bilalakhtar_ is now known as bilalakhtar
OwaisLjoin #ubuntu-x14:23
seb128cassidy, yes, I'm on it14:23
seb128cassidy, we might not update the telepathy-glib etc though14:23
OwaisLdamn.. i always f*ck up the join command14:24
seb128since it seems you require a new gobject introspection14:24
cassidyseb128, yeah, that's the only way to get it working properly it seems :\14:24
cassidybecause of gir, not our code14:24
=== rodrigo__ is now known as rodrigo_
bcurtiswx_seb128, this always confused me.  since there's an ~ubuntu-desktop/empathy that has only the debian directory.  do you want two separate merge requests (one for the lp:ubuntu/empathy and one for lp:~ubuntu-desktop/empathy) ?14:36
seb128just the one indicated in the control or by apt-get source14:37
bcurtiswx_seb128, OK14:37
seb128ie lp:~ubuntu-desktop/empathy/ubuntu14:37
seb128the other one is an autoimport from the uploads14:37
cyphermoxfor these updates, is there already a master bug or should I be filing something for libgweather?14:42
mterryseb128, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gucharmap/+bug/648894 (need a sponsor for gucharmap 2.32.0)14:42
seb128cyphermox, just upload14:43
ubot2Ubuntu bug 648894 in gucharmap (Ubuntu) "Merge new release 2.32.0 (affects: 1) (heat: 8)" [Undecided,New]14:43
seb128mterry, thanks14:43
seb128cyphermox, mterry, chrisccoulson, bcurtiswx: no need of bugs for the exception14:43
seb128those are part of GNOME with a standing exception14:43
mterryseb128, sure, but needed a place for debdiff, no?14:43
seb128but it would be nice if you could rather work on having merge requests14:43
desrtseb128: good vacation?14:44
mterryseb128, oh right.  :)14:44
seb128desrt, hey, yes, thanks14:44
desrtnice to have you back :)14:44
seb128I'm trying to get the new glib in today14:44
desrti'll have 2.26.0 out by tonight14:44
cyphermoxseb128, I can't upload them anyway, but I have a merge request ready for libgweather in 214:44
mterryI'll take simple-scan next14:44
seb128desrt, I know but if we get the current we will get closed14:44
seb128mterry, thanks14:45
seb128desrt, closer14:45
desrtmaybe a good idea, indeed14:45
seb128desrt, I will have a hard time to get it in14:45
desrtnew API changes in 2.26.014:45
desrt*no new14:45
desrtjust one new API14:45
seb1282.25.16 breaks quite some apis14:45
desrtand i plan to render robert's gsettings patch irrelevent14:45
seb128it's getting very late14:46
desrtie: i will implement the requested functionality, but in a more robust way, so you can drop the patch14:46
seb128candidate iso should start being rolled tomorrow14:46
seb128I'm not sure I will manage to get those in14:46
seb128let's see14:46
desrtwould it help if i tried to have the release in a few hours?14:46
desrtokay.  i'll do that, then14:46
desrtbye :)14:47
cyphermoxseb128, or somebody else; https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~mathieu-tl/libgweather/update-to-2.30.3/+merge/36713 <-- needs a sponsor/review14:52
seb128didrocks, ^ can do that?14:52
didrocksseb128: sure14:52
cyphermox[UPDATING] gnome-menus14:52
mterryseb128, ah, bzr merges so much easier.  :)14:55
seb128mterry, ;-)14:55
mterryI'll take libwnck14:56
cyphermoxmterry, I think didrocks was already working on that one?14:56
didrockslibwnck already done14:56
mterrycyphermox, oh, didn't see it in backlog14:56
didrocksand uploaded :)14:56
cyphermoxmterry, but yeah,  /me <3 bzr merges14:57
cyphermoxmterry, afaik, free14:57
seb128mterry, it's your14:57
seb128rickspencer3, hey14:57
rickspencer3hi seb12814:57
rickspencer3welcome back!14:57
rickspencer3I bet didrocks was happy to see you this morning :)14:57
seb128rickspencer3, thanks14:57
seb128rickspencer3, seems you guys did just fine without me ;-)14:58
rickspencer3seb128, well ...14:58
rickspencer3we survived14:58
seb128but yeah apparently didrocks set on an hectic schedule for that14:58
didrocks"hectic" yes… :)14:58
mterryseb128, btw, where is glib 2.26.0?  I keep waiting for that release.  Is that scheduled for 3.0 rather than 2.32?14:59
seb128mterry, it's coming today, I uploaded 2.25.16 which should be close14:59
seb128it's waiting review though14:59
mterryseb128, ah good to hear15:00
cyphermoxseb128, didrocks, should I bother fixing lintian warnings?15:00
seb128change nothing at this stage15:01
nessitahello everyone! I'm getting errors for python-virtkey when installing today's updates http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/501496/15:01
seb128hey nessita15:01
nessitahey seb128, how are you? we missed you last week!15:01
seb128nessita, I'm great thanks15:02
=== ara_ is now known as ara
mterryI'm taking gnome-settings-daemon too now15:11
seb128mterry, thanks, did you finish libbonobo?15:16
seb128I'm just making sure I don't miss sponsoring requests ;-)15:16
mterryseb128, yeah, the merge request is filed15:17
mterryseb128, https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/ubuntu/maverick/libbonobo/2.32.0/+merge/3671515:17
seb128mterry, can you give the url on IRC when you have one?15:17
seb128thanks ;-)15:17
seb128easier to track, I'm avoiding emails today15:17
mterryseb128, heh, right, you're back from vacation  :)15:18
seb128and we have one day to get GNOME 2.32 in15:18
seb128so busy day ;-)15:18
nisshhseb128, holy moly you can type fast :)15:18
seb128"Gdk-2.0.gir: error: Type reference 'GdkPixbuf' not found"15:19
seb128I hate gir15:19
seb128gtk 2.22 build fails15:19
chrisccoulsonseb128 - ok, vte is in bzr for sponsoring15:21
chrisccoulsonnice easy update :)15:21
desrtseb128: :)15:22
bilalakhtarseb128: Ready to sponsor a critical bug fix?15:22
seb128bilalakhtar, which one?15:22
seb128chrisccoulson, great, you might do g-t to go with it then15:22
desrtmy girlfriend was jhbuilding yesterday15:22
bilalakhtarseb128: bug #64869515:22
ubot2Launchpad bug 648695 in virtkey (Ubuntu Maverick) (and 1 other project) "package python-virtkey (not installed) failed to install/upgrade: file does not exist: /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python_virtkey-0.60.0.egg-info (affects: 131) (dups: 98) (heat: 977)" [Critical,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64869515:22
bilalakhtarthough I haven't attached patch yet15:22
desrtand she was getting upset because she felt confused that something was broken and she didn't know how to fix it15:22
chrisccoulsonseb128 - yeah, can do15:22
desrti ask "what is it?"15:22
desrt"uh.. gobject introspection?"15:22
seb128desrt, is the end of story telling me how to fix that specific issue? ;-)15:23
* mterry is enjoying previously-unknown 'bzr lp-open' command15:23
desrtno :)15:23
chrisccoulsonbilalakhtar, i can sponsor that if you like15:23
seb128desrt, :-(15:23
bilalakhtarThanks chrisccoulson ! Let me debdiff15:23
mterryseb128, https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/ubuntu/maverick/gnome-settings-daemon/2.32.0/+merge/3671915:23
mterryI'll take gnome-control-center15:24
seb128mterry, ok, thanks15:24
=== bjf[afk] is now known as bjf
chrisccoulsonhi mterry, and welcome!15:26
bilalakhtarchrisccoulson: You may see the debdiff now15:26
mterrychrisccoulson, hello!  :)15:26
chrisccoulsonbilalakhtar, thanks15:26
seb128mterry, you want to pay attention to apt-get source15:28
seb128mterry, or use debcheckout15:28
seb128mterry, we usually use lp:~ubuntu-desktop/source/ubuntu15:28
seb128with only the debian dir15:29
seb128for our packaging15:29
seb128it's listed in the control and apt-get source or debcheckout should do the right thing15:29
mterryseb128, oh, I was used to jamesw's instructions.  OK.  Do I need to redo any of the merges?15:29
* bilalakhtar hopes the patch is good15:29
seb128mterry, no, I will sort those, just do it for the next one15:30
mterryseb128, yup, sorry for busywork15:30
seb128mterry, we have the discussion with james_w every cycle ;-)15:30
seb128we still feel that fetching the whole source history is very slow for no real benefit15:30
seb128mterry, no worry15:30
bilalakhtarchrisccoulson: Are you a core-dev?15:32
bilalakhtarah, you have upload rights for virtkey15:32
chrisccoulsonbilalakhtar, no, i can still upload that :)15:32
seb128chrisccoulson, when do you apply btw? ;-)15:33
chrisccoulsoni really need to do that soon :/15:33
bcurtiswx_seb128, im doing a pbuilder-maverick build on empathy, will have merge shortly on that15:34
bilalakhtargood to see good participation in the desktop team15:34
* bcurtiswx_ isn't even in the desktop team :P15:35
seb128no need to be in the team to contribute ;-)15:35
seb128but yeah, great to see the channel active15:35
bilalakhtarbcurtiswx_: Even I am not, but I help fix some trivial bugs in the desktop packages, and so we are part of the desktop contributors15:35
bilalakhtarthat's what I meant15:35
bcurtiswx_bilalakhtar, Ok then, i agree :)15:35
bilalakhtarThis channel is never dead, unlike other development team channels like #ubuntu-motu15:36
bcurtiswx_ugh, idk how i didn't have a create with pbuilder yet.. now i have to wait for that.. hahaha15:36
cyphermoxalright, gnome-menus ready for review/sponsoring: https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~mathieu-tl/gnome-menus/update-to-2.30.4/+merge/3672515:41
cyphermox[UPDATING] simple-scan15:42
mterryseb128, btw, is there nice documentation for the workflow for a debian-dir-only branch?  I can figure it out myself, but not sure if there are other convenience commands like debcheckout I should be using15:42
mterrycyphermox, I did simple-scan15:42
cyphermoxah ok15:42
mterrycyphermox, got that too15:42
seb128cyphermox, http://download.gnome.org/sources/totem/2.32/totem-2.32.0.tar.gz15:43
didrockscyphermox: there is a distro patch to add to totem15:43
didrocksone sec15:43
seb128you can probably start on it15:43
mterryAlso, I think libgnome-keyring is unclaimed15:43
cyphermoxseb128, ok, starting. didrocks, if you can just point me to the bug number when you have it ;)15:44
seb128as well15:44
didrockscyphermox: https://launchpad.net/bugs/63075315:45
ubot2Launchpad bug 630753 in totem (Ubuntu) "gnome-screensaver activates while watching a movie in totem (affects: 2) (heat: 10)" [Low,Fix released]15:45
* didrocks checks15:45
seb128didrocks, chrisccoulson uploaded I think15:46
didrockschrisccoulson: ok, didn't see you uploaded :)15:46
didrocksyeah, seeing that15:46
didrocksI just saw the bug report changing the status15:46
didrockscyphermox: nevermind then :)15:46
didrocksand thanks chrisccoulson again!15:46
cyphermoxdidrocks,  hehe okay ;)15:46
cyphermoxchrisccoulson, you rock ;)15:46
didrocks(and somethimes, reading the french forum can be helpful: I would never have noticed that bug otherwise)15:47
seb128pitti, do you know if we have any active r-m this week?15:48
pittiseb128: yes, Riddell will manage the RC15:48
seb128Riddell, is that you who manage reviewing uploads as well?15:49
seb128we have GNOME 2.32 tarballs stacking and no move on the review side15:49
seb128I would also sort the glib abi break situation15:49
seb128like to sort15:49
pitti"no move"? I just flushed the queue around noon15:49
Riddelloh I got the job did I?15:50
didrocks"noon", it's like years ago :)15:50
Riddellpitti: I'll probably need a reminder on what needs doing15:50
Riddellseb128: I can do a flush now15:50
seb128pitti, sorry but we have over 10 updates already in the queue15:50
Riddellreview and flush that is15:50
Riddellseb128: do you have an opinion on having dbus 1.4.0 in?15:50
seb128pitti, and you can count on another 5 to 10 in the next hour15:50
pittiseb128: right, that's fine; I can help out a bit with reviewing, I just don't regularly do it every hor15:50
seb128Riddell, no15:50
mterryseb128, don't think I gave you simple-scan merge URL: https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/ubuntu/maverick/simple-scan/simple-scan-2.32.0/+merge/3671415:51
seb128pitti, we just started around midday, I was busy catching up this morning15:51
seb128mterry, thanks15:51
seb128didrocks, ^ can you sponsor this one?15:51
Riddellseb128: this is the final gnome release tars?15:52
didrocksseb128: sure15:52
seb128Riddell, yes15:52
seb128didrocks, thanks15:52
seb128Riddell, pitti: the glib update is tricky, see #u-r backlog15:52
seb128there is a bug open if that needs discussion15:52
Riddelleven the gnome-games update is tricky, but that's autotools for you15:53
bilalakhtarThanks thanks thanks chrisccoulson !15:55
seb128Riddell, right, you usually want to filter out documentation translations and autotools updates to have a debdiff you can read15:56
* didrocks uses http://paste.ubuntu.com/501522/15:58
mterryseb128, so like this?:  https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/gnome-control-center/ubuntu-2.32.0/+merge/3673215:59
didrockssimple-scan sponsored btw16:00
seb128didrocks, thanks16:00
seb128mterry, yes16:00
mterryseb128, so sparse!  I like to see all the upstream changes too.  :)16:01
mterryI'll take libgnome-keyring, since it still seems unclaimed16:01
seb128mterry, debdiff is your friend to see the changes in the code ;-)16:01
didrockshum, didn't gnome-keyring it depends on latest gir?16:02
didrocksor on unreleased glib, don't remember16:02
seb128mterry, sorry I forgot to reply to your question before16:02
cyphermoxseb128, didrocks, in case it was missed, i had gnome-menus ready:  https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~mathieu-tl/gnome-menus/update-to-2.30.4/+merge/36725 , working on totem now16:02
seb128mterry, http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Bzr16:02
didrocksthere was something, so, be warned!16:02
didrockscyphermox: great, looking :)16:02
mterryseb128, btw, you're libgnome-keyring points at 2.31.92, is that correct?16:02
seb128mterry, no, I meant 2.3216:02
mterryseb128, makes sense  :)16:03
seb128hum no16:03
seb128mterry, seems .92 was correct16:03
seb128that's the current version16:03
didrocksI didn't updated, I remember seb128 told me it was broken16:03
mterryseb128, seems like I should wait until 2.32.0 is done then16:03
seb128didrocks, ?16:03
seb128mterry, doesn't hurt to do the .92 one, not sure they will roll a 2.32 one on time16:04
bcurtiswx_seb128, what am i doing wrong with bzr push ? http://paste.ubuntu.com/501529/16:04
mterryseb128, alright!16:04
didrocks2010-09-13 11:26:40     seb128  didrocks, the gnome-keyring updates are not to do16:04
seb128didrocks, right, the daemon we don't update16:05
seb128the lib is ok16:05
didrocksoh libgnome-keyring16:05
didrockssorry :)16:05
seb128bcurtiswx_, sorry I've no clue about that, maybe james_w or didrocks can help you16:05
seb128didrocks, mterry: I'm sponsoring gnome-menus16:05
seb128-mterry, +cyphermox, ^16:06
didrocksoh good :)16:06
didrocksbcurtiswx_: seems you have format issue, run bzr upgrade .16:06
didrocks(ok, back on the unity field then)16:06
bcurtiswx_didrocks, thx that was it16:07
Riddelldidrocks: thanks, I added an autotools exclude option to mdebdiff for reviewing the queue16:09
didrocksRiddell: that will be useful I guess :)16:09
bcurtiswx_seb128, https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~bcurtiswx/ubuntu/maverick/empathy/empathy-2.32.0/+merge/3673516:09
seb128bcurtiswx: thanks16:09
bcurtiswx_onto vino16:10
cyphermoxseb128, thanks16:10
pittiRiddell: I can do somem reviews; shall I start at the top or bottom of https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+queue?queue_state=1?16:10
seb128pitti, thanks ;-)16:10
* pitti starts from the bottom for now16:11
seb128didrocks, you are busy with unity and other things right now or can I bounce sponsoring requests your way as well? ;-)16:16
cyphermoxdidrocks, looks to me like the screensaver patch is already no longer necessary ;)16:16
didrocksseb128: the queue is emptying :) so please do ;)16:16
seb128didrocks, <bcurtiswx_> seb128, https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~bcurtiswx/ubuntu/maverick/empathy/empathy-2.32.0/+merge/3673516:16
seb128didrocks, and vte from chrisccoulson16:16
didrockscyphermox: heh, seems like that :)16:16
didrocksseb128: ok, taking them16:16
seb128^ for those wanting extra updates16:17
seb128http://download.gnome.org/sources/nautilus/2.32/nautilus-2.32.0.tar.gz is still to claim as well16:17
seb128http://download.gnome.org/sources/deskbar-applet/2.32/deskbar-applet-2.32.0.tar.gz could be worth doing but it's in universe so can wait another day16:19
Riddellpitti: I'm doing it alphabetically from a16:19
pittiRiddell: ah, ok; I reviewed a few now16:20
pittiRiddell: so I'll continue with z upwards16:20
pitti(and dbus)16:21
pittididrocks: zeitgeist is a very large change; how extensively was this tested with unity, gnome-shell, and by itself?16:26
didrockspitti: kamstrup read all the diff16:26
didrockspitti: GS isn't using zg16:26
didrockspitti: and it's needed to fix a bug with unity where OOo files aren't updated at all in zg16:27
didrocksI'm running it for a few hours there16:27
didrocksseems like last files are correctly picked up and not change in applications detection16:27
cyphermoxd'oh, missing an updated gtk+2.0 (2.21.8) for totem to build.16:29
bcurtiswx_seb128, https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~bcurtiswx/ubuntu/maverick/vino/vino-2.32.0/+merge/3674016:31
bcurtiswx_did anyone take nautilus yet ?16:31
seb128bcurtiswx_, ok, no, nautilus is yours16:31
bcurtiswx_seb128, OK16:31
seb128cyphermox, I'm having issues building gtk due to a gir error16:31
seb128so maybe delay until that is done16:31
cyphermoxseb128, yeah, ok, I was about to ask you if that's already something you were working on16:32
* cyphermox is about to call his ISP, order a tech, just to stab him... my connection has dropped five times over the past half-hour, and I had it all checked last week :/16:34
* bcurtiswx_ is glad he's not your tech16:36
cyphermox[UPDATING] gvfs16:36
bcurtiswx_[UPDATING] nautilus (just for everyone else who doesn't know yet)16:37
cyphermoxbcurtiswx, looks like it usually crashes when I try to load up LP too :P but it's cable, and I *know* the signal is great and the modem is new, so there is no excuse16:38
bcurtiswx_cyphermox, gl with that tho16:38
bcurtiswx_OK, since upstream NEWS files aren't specific to BGO bug numbers, where can I find a more detailed changes list from nautilus ?16:39
desrtseb128: all changes are made now, just going to do some testing/checking16:40
cyphermoxbcurtiswx, on the phone with tech support... at least the signal picks up again, so I can actually do stuff16:40
seb128desrt, ok great16:41
desrtshame robert isn't here16:41
desrti'd have liked him to look over my changes :/16:41
mclasenseb128: if you figure out whats the problem with the gtk intospection build, I'd be interested16:43
* mclasen has the same problem in f1416:43
seb128desrt, he's on holidays16:43
desrtbad timing, methinks :)16:44
seb128mclasen, ok, I'm dealing with the other updates for now but I will go back to gtk in a bit16:44
mterryseb128, https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/libgnome-keyring/ubuntu-2.31.92/+merge/3674616:46
seb128mterry, thanks16:47
bcurtiswx_seb128, is there a place for more a more detailed list of changes (with BGO #'s) so i can compare with LP other than the NEWS file, which has no bug numbers (for nautilus)16:47
seb128bcurtiswx: you can use the ChangeLog16:48
mterry[UPDATING] gconf-editor16:48
seb128mterry, great ;-)16:48
Riddellthe Ubuntu Desktop alternate CDs are oversized today, could someone remove language packs to make them fit please http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily/20100927/16:49
pittitremolux: *sigh* new tzdata..16:51
pittiand I thought the DST switching season wouldn't start until another month16:51
bcurtiswx_seb128, whats that 1: doing in the version number http://paste.ubuntu.com/501579/16:51
bcurtiswx_do i need to keep that?16:52
seb128bcurtiswx_, it's an epoch16:52
seb128and yes you need to keep it16:52
pittimterry: ah, so it seems you already got enslaved into seb128's GNOME updating army? :-)16:52
seb1281: is higher than versions without it16:52
* bcurtiswx_ will have to learn what epoch means in this case16:52
mterrypitti, yeah, it was quick16:52
seb128bcurtiswx_: it's used to say that a lower number is a higher version16:53
tremoluxpitti: yes, I saw it but have not looked at it yet16:53
seb128bcurtiswx: 1:2.22 > 2.2616:53
cyphermoxbcurtiswx, it's a way to make sure new versions of a package are higher than the previous even if upstream renumbers and decides to start over at a lower number16:53
bcurtiswx_OK, still seems nautilus is going up in version numbers though16:54
mterrybcurtiswx_: once you add an epoch, you can never remove it16:54
seb128well once you used it in the history you need to keep it16:54
seb128you can't downgrade versions16:54
seb128and dropping it would be going back to a lower version number16:54
bcurtiswx_Ok, noted.  Thanks for the epoch lesson for today16:54
ari-tczewcould someone triage this bug 648516 ?17:03
ubot2Launchpad bug 648516 in gwget2 (Ubuntu) "when reqister gwget.schemas, get promts "You must have at least one <locale> entry in a <schema>" (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64851617:03
seb128didrocks, can you sponsor https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/libgnome-keyring/ubuntu-2.31.92/+merge/36746?17:04
bcurtiswx_seb128, http://paste.ubuntu.com/501588/ would i have to specify the upstream tarball in this case and how do i do so?17:04
didrocksseb128: sure17:04
mterryseb128, https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/gconf-editor/ubuntu-2.32.0/+merge/3674917:05
seb128bcurtiswx_, weird, not sure why it doesn't work, just wget the tarball and rename it?17:05
seb128mterry, ok17:05
bcurtiswx_seb128, OK, where do I put that 1 up from source, or source17:05
mterry[UPDATING] gcalctool17:05
bcurtiswx_seb128, is there a way to tell it i am providing source tarball ?17:07
seb128it should find it17:07
seb128just put it in the directory where you did the checkout17:08
seb128ie the directory which has the ubuntu directory17:08
bcurtiswx_yeah.. i did.. still doesn't like that17:08
seb128you can a nautilus_2.32.0.orig.tar.gz17:09
seb128and the ubuntu dir17:09
bcurtiswx_underscore.. that could be it17:09
seb128you can -> you have17:09
bcurtiswx_seb128, yup the underscore.. thx :)17:10
chrisccoulsondidrocks - did you do totem?17:10
didrockschrisccoulson: not me, but cyphermox did IIRC17:10
seb128chrisccoulson, somebody started but it's blocked on the gkt update17:10
seb128can't type ;-)17:11
chrisccoulsonah, ok17:11
seb128chrisccoulson, you want an update to do?17:11
chrisccoulsonseb128 - yeah, i can do some more17:11
=== al-maisan is now known as almaisan-away
seb128chrisccoulson, can you do telepathy-glib?.17:11
chrisccoulsonseb128 - yeah, no problem17:11
seb128it might be non trivial17:11
bcurtiswx_seb128, OK, nautilus deps on gtk+-2.0 with >=2.22.0 but maverick has 2.21.7  is gtk getting upped to 2.22.0 ?17:11
seb128chrisccoulson, start maybe with what debian has or try 0.1217:12
didrockschrisccoulson: you have to revert the g-i part17:12
seb128chrisccoulson, we will need to revert the changes that require a newer gobject introspection version17:12
seb128bcurtiswx_, yes but I'm having build issue17:12
bcurtiswx_seb128, OK once you get that figured out if you can provide a .deb for 2.22.0 i will finish nautilus17:14
cyphermoxwhat's the trick for dealing with gvfs, especially with debian/patches/debian-changes-1.6.3-0ubuntu1 (should that even really be there?)17:14
didrockscyphermox: it shouldn't, maybe someone didn't pay attention of source 3 debian format17:16
cyphermoxdidrocks, alright, that's what I was expecting17:17
didrockscyphermox: just look what's inside to ensure to not remove a patch that should be applied17:17
bcurtiswx_seb128, got another I can work on in the time being?17:24
seb128bcurtiswx_, one sec, checking17:25
=== bilalakhtar_ is now known as bilalakhtar
ari-tczewseb128: can I count for your help in take a look on bug 648516 ?17:28
ubot2Launchpad bug 648516 in gwget2 (Ubuntu) "when reqister gwget.schemas, get promts "You must have at least one <locale> entry in a <schema>" (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64851617:28
seb128ari-tczew, hi, sorry but we are sort of busy trying to get GNOME 2.32 in maverick today17:28
seb128ari-tczew, it seems the schemas is broken17:30
ari-tczewseb128: do you have any FAQ where can I read how can I fix it?17:30
mterryseb128, https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/gcalctool/ubuntu-2.32.0/+merge/3675317:31
bcurtiswx_mterry, you are quick :) im in awe in all honesty17:31
seb128ari-tczew, http://library.gnome.org/devel/gconf/2.28/17:32
mterrybcurtiswx_: :)  thanks17:32
seb128didrocks, <mterry> seb128, https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/gcalctool/ubuntu-2.32.0/+merge/3675317:32
seb128if you can sponsor it ;-)17:32
* mterry eats lunch17:32
didrockswill try :)17:32
seb128ari-tczew, or use other schemas as example17:33
seb128the format is easy enough17:33
seb128didrocks, thanks17:33
seb128mterry, enjoy!17:33
ari-tczewseb128: thanks for suggestions17:33
desrtseb128: http://download.gnome.org/sources/glib/2.26/17:42
seb128desrt, thanks17:42
desrtyou'll need to drop robert's patch17:43
desrteverything else should be pretty dull tho17:43
bcurtiswx_[UPDATING] deskbar-applet17:45
cyphermoxdidrocks, looks like the big issue is that gvfs isn't a debian-only branch, so whenever you bzr bd -S, dpkg-source generates a debian-patch.... with the files changes between what is in the branch, and what comes from the source tarball17:46
pittigvfs is in lp:ubuntu/gvfs, FYI17:46
cyphermoxdidrocks, or, do you know of a special trick to bzr bd or debuild to have it ignore that ? ;)17:46
pittiah, right17:46
cyphermoxpitti, yup17:46
pitticyphermox: use debian/patches/ :)17:46
cyphermoxpitti, I do17:46
pitticyphermox: you changed source code inline?17:46
cyphermoxpitti,  i know better ;)17:47
cyphermoxpitti, my problem is this: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/maverick/gvfs/maverick/annotate/head:/debian/patches/debian-changes-1.6.3-0ubuntu117:47
cyphermoxsince we use the imported branch, dpkg-source makes a diff of what is there against the files coming from the source tarball17:47
pittihm, it's not supposed to be an imported branch any more17:48
pittiwe went to explicitly maintaining that17:48
cyphermoxwell, either that or because it contains full source and I should have committed after unpacking the tarball in there?17:48
pitticyphermox: ah, I can understand that this debian_changes thing has the autoconfiscation, but it also has source changes17:48
cyphermoxseems kind of wrong to me17:49
pittiexpecially since teh source changes look backwards17:49
pittilike they would unapply the changes from the new upstream release17:49
pittir128 says "new upstream release"17:51
pittibut it doesn't change anythign17:51
pitti(except in debian/)17:51
pittiso it seems like Robert wanted to update to 1.6.3, but forgot to actually do bzr merge-upstream17:51
pitticyphermox: I checked our patches, and they don't touch autotools, so indeed we shouldn't have a debian_changes* at all17:52
cyphermoxpitti, I got to that conclusion too17:52
cyphermoxso proper process in an update for a full-source branch is to update changelog and bzr merge-upstream?17:52
cyphermoxsorry, I never really had to do this before ;)17:52
pittiand if we do that again for 1.6.4, the debian_changes should disappear17:53
pittiso effectively we have 1.6.2 right now, because debian_changes have teh inverse 1.6.3 changes..17:53
cyphermoxso "upstream releae" commit should include all the upstream changes17:53
pittibzr mu, dch "new upstream release..", debcommit17:53
desrtseb128: in the next few days the archive is more or less frozen, right?17:54
bcurtiswx_im getting a Unmet build dependencies: python-gnome2-extras-dbg but there's no package with that name17:55
* desrt ponders some early upgrades17:55
pitticyphermox: right, so the latest revision introduces all the mess, it's a merge from the auto-import17:55
seb128desrt, right, candidate iso will be rolled tomorrow17:56
cyphermoxpitti, ok, fixing it now17:56
desrtmoving the release date up was very interesting17:57
desrtsort of nice from an instant-gratification standpoint -- GNOME work is done and now we have an ubuntu17:58
didrocksmterry: are you sure about your email adress for gcalctool?17:59
bcurtiswx_seb128, im getting a Unmet build dependencies: python-gnome2-extras-dbg but there's no package with that name17:59
mterrydidrocks, oh shoot, does it say @tambo?18:00
didrocksmterry: right :)18:00
seb128bcurtiswx_, drop the dbg binary if needed I guess18:00
mterrydidrocks, whoops.  I screwed up my DEBEMAIL and haven't fixed it yet. Have just been manually fixing it.  error prone18:00
mterrydidrocks, will update branch18:00
didrocksmterry: ok, I'll pull then :)18:00
mterrydidrocks, updated18:02
didrocksmterry: got and pushed :) thanks!18:02
bcurtiswx_seb128, the deskbar-applet version in maverick shows as 2.30.1-1ubuntu1, when I do a apt-get source it says its revision control is with ~ubuntu-desktop/deskbar-applet/ubuntu but the changelog in there doesn't have ANY reference to 2.30.1-1ubuntu1 :\18:30
mterryseb128, any more you'd like us to do, or shall I start picking from recent GNOME releases myself?  I notice gnome-power-manager isn't done yet18:35
seb128mterry, you can pick whatever you spot not updated18:36
mterryseb128, deal18:36
mterry[UPDATING] gnome-power-manager18:36
seb128bcurtiswx_, sorry I was busy with something else for a while18:42
seb128bcurtiswx_, it's possible that whoever did the change didn't commit18:42
seb128but since deskbar-applet is an universe component there is no reason it should be in the ubuntu-desktop vcs18:43
bcurtiswx_seb128, no prob i know you're busy.  Should I just branch lp:ubuntu/deskbar-applet then merge-upstream ?18:52
seb128you can18:52
seb128or just apt-get source the old way18:53
seb128mclasen, what gobject introspection version do you use to build gtk?18:53
mterryseb128, https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/gnome-power/ubuntu-2.32.0/+merge/3676518:53
mclasenseb128: it built fine with 0.9.6 in rawhide18:54
seb128chrisccoulson, pitti: ^ can you sponsor the gpm update?18:54
seb128mclasen, ok thanks18:54
chrisccoulsonseb128 - yeah, can do18:54
seb128chrisccoulson, thanks18:55
mterry[UPDATING] gnome-system-tools19:01
devildantemvo, tremolux: care to merge https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~ilidrissi.amine/software-center/fixing-random-bugs/+merge/34656 in trunk? (not 3.0)19:03
tremoluxdevildante: hey!  I'll take a looksee, thanks!19:06
devildantethank YOU :)19:06
devildanteand this new Ubuntu font is awesome :p19:06
tremoluxdevildante:  yes indeed, I love it too19:07
bcurtiswx_hmm, i have quilt push tab complete errors19:07
bcurtiswx_i did the export. gah19:07
didrocksmterry: please, can you also open upstream task for unity? that's easier than me to do this each time :)19:08
mterrydidrocks, :)  sure19:08
didrocksmterry: thanks :)19:08
bcurtiswx_didrocks, any reason why quilt push wouldn't work when i've export QUILT_PATCHES=debian/patches19:08
didrocksbcurtiswx_: do you have a debian/patches/series file?19:08
bcurtiswx_didrocks, no19:09
mterrydidrocks, theoretically it could be a bug with our packaging...19:09
didrocksmterry: and stop filing bug reports, that's annoying :) (kidding)19:09
didrocksmterry: yeah, but we don't distro-patch without any reason when dx is upstream19:09
didrocksmterry: and the probablity of a bug in the package is small :)19:09
didrocksbcurtiswx_: so, it's not a package using quilt patch, maybe cdbs?19:10
mterrydidrocks, agreed19:10
didrocksbcurtiswx_: what-patch is the command you need19:10
bcurtiswx_says cdbs, how would I edit the patch with that19:10
bcurtiswx_well how would i apply, so i can find out the problem19:11
bcurtiswx_didrocks, says i have install cdbs, but there's no cdbs command.. what to do?19:13
didrocksbcurtiswx_: you never edited patch with cdbs?19:13
bcurtiswx_lol, nope19:13
* micahg thought edit-patch TTDTRT19:13
chrisccoulsonmterry - ok, g-p-m is sponsored19:13
didrocksoh yes, try edit-patch :)19:14
didrocksor look, there is a classroom I made 2 years ago I think in the ubuntu wiki19:14
bcurtiswx_micahg, how do I apply/unaply patches with cdbs?19:15
mterrydidrocks, seb128: there have been a few merges where debian/watch seems wrong.  Sometimes it is obviously a bug (like where libgnome-keyring pointed at gnome-keyring, not libgnome-keyring), but mostly it's like "([\d\.]+)\d" when it seems like it should be "([\d\.]+\d)".  I've been correcting them, but am I being stupid, or are these real bugs?  Seems like maybe uscan changed?19:15
mterryseb128, https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/gnome-system-tools/ubuntu-2.32.0/+merge/3676719:15
didrocksmterry: I think uscan changed, it worked before19:16
chrisccoulsonyeah, i noticed it didn't work with gnome-terminal earlier too19:16
mterrydidrocks, I thought the point of the version=X field was to avoid such things.  :)19:16
cyphermoxpitti, so, should the gvfs branch get merges from the auto-import? if not, who could fix that?19:17
didrocksmterry: right, I don't really know. Just know that it worked before when I did those changes :p19:17
mterrychrisccoulson, good, so I'm not the only one19:17
pitticyphermox: only if it is out of date19:17
pitticyphermox: if the branch is pushed to and tagged (with debcommit -r) before or at upload, the importer won't touch it19:17
cyphermoxpitti, great19:17
pitticyphermox: but even if it does, that would be unrelated to the debian_changes stuff19:17
cyphermoxpitti; pushing an update then I'll file a merge request19:18
micahgpitti: I thought you had to run mark-uploaded as well19:18
pittimicahg: I think that's pretty much teh same as dch -r/debcommit -r19:18
mterry[UPDATING] gnome-backgrounds19:19
cyphermoxthat's my understanding as well19:19
pittiat least james_w said that debcommit -r was sufficient19:19
micahgbcurtiswx: you can run ./debian/rules patch I think, also, when you run edit-patch, I think it should preapply all patches before it19:19
micahgpitti: hmm, that didn't work for me when I tried IIRC19:19
james_wpitti/michag: anything that sets the tag to be the same as the version in debian/changelog is fine by me19:20
micahgjames_w: hmm, I guess I should test that, since I don't think it worked for me before19:20
bcurtiswx_micahg, may i PM you?19:20
micahgbcurtiswx_: sure19:20
mterryscratch that, gnome-backgrounds is stuck on 2.3019:21
mterry[UPDATING] libgnome19:23
seb128mterry, I've noticed issues there as well but didn't have time to investigate, I think something changed yes19:25
bcurtiswx_seb128, if i have to do a new autoconf , how to do so?19:26
bcurtiswx_seb128, edit-patch.. then what?19:26
seb128bcurtiswx_, run autoreconf19:27
seb128chrisccoulson, do you have upload rights for g-s-t?19:27
chrisccoulsonseb128 - yeah, i can upload that19:27
seb128chrisccoulson, can you sponsor the update mterry mentionned before?19:27
chrisccoulsonseb128 - yeah, can do19:27
seb128chrisccoulson, thanks19:27
chrisccoulsoni think i've done more sponsoring today than i've done for the whole of maverick ;)19:28
seb128chrisccoulson, you should come back to some desktop work ;-)19:28
chrisccoulsonheh :-)19:28
seb128I guess it will be easier now that you know your way around firefox19:28
seb128with the security model change done as well19:29
didrockspitti: it seems you didn't status on zg? did you got my answer?19:29
=== doko_ is now known as doko
mterryseb128, https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/libgnome/ubuntu-2.32.0/+merge/3677119:35
seb128mterry, ok19:36
bcurtiswx_seb128, i've edit-patch then autoreconf, what next?19:38
bcurtiswx_exit 0, then?19:38
seb128bcurtiswx_, yes19:39
bcurtiswx_seb128, what next? do I need to apply them?19:39
mterry[UPDATING] tomboy19:40
bcurtiswx_seb128, http://paste.ubuntu.com/501698/19:40
bcurtiswx_looks like patches applied fine in build.. thats my next error which i'm clueless about19:41
seb128bcurtiswx_, is that deskbar-applet still?19:41
bcurtiswx_or yes19:41
bcurtiswx_seb128, ^19:42
seb128bcurtiswx_, let's forget about it, it's non trivial and needs debugging and I've no time to help you there19:43
seb128I need to get the gtk and glib updates uploaded19:43
bcurtiswx_seb128, OK, just wanted to make sure it wasn't n00b error.  Thx :)19:44
cyphermoxfor gvfs: https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~mathieu-tl/gvfs/update-to-1.6.4/+merge/3676919:44
bcurtiswx_seb128, any telepathy- packages need an update?19:44
seb128bcurtiswx_, I think not, but check the ones listed on version if you want19:44
seb128we might want to stay away from those19:45
seb128I did updated gabble19:45
seb128chrisccoulson was working on tp-glib19:45
bcurtiswx_-idle or -haze?19:45
chrisccoulsonyeah, i'm working on -glib19:45
seb128chrisccoulson, not sure we should do it though, #telepathy guys think we might run into issue with our old gobject-introspection19:45
chrisccoulsonyeah, i'm struggling to get it to build atm ;)19:46
chrisccoulsonin fact, i can't even build the current version :/19:46
cyphermoxseb128, any other packages need updating?19:46
bcurtiswx_i will try -idle and -haze then.. i won't bug you on problems though knowing you say it's probably going to be buggy19:46
seb128chrisccoulson, ok, maybe just forget about it then19:46
seb128bcurtiswx_, ok thanks19:47
bcurtiswx_seb128, did you get that gtk build issue fixed so I can finish the nautilus update?19:48
seb128bcurtiswx_, I'm on it, I think I've the fix but gtk takes a while to build19:49
mterrybcurtiswx_: I see that gconf 2.32.0 is out if you want to grab that19:49
bcurtiswx_mterry, OK19:49
mterrybcurtiswx_: Oh, sorry.  cyphermox was asking for more work, not you19:49
mterryYou all can fight over gconf  :)19:49
bcurtiswx_cyphermox, its yours if you want it19:50
cyphermoxokie dokie.19:50
chrisccoulson_mterry - gnome-system-tools is uploaded now19:58
mterrychrisccoulson_: thanks19:58
bcurtiswx_meeting, bbl20:00
mterry[UPDATING] libgnomeui20:00
mterryWhy is libbonobo on amd64 taking so long to be published?  It's been waiting ~45min:  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libbonobo/2.32.0-0ubuntu1/+build/197697320:06
seb128mterry, the publisher runs every hour20:06
seb128and it takes an hour to run20:06
seb128so you get things publised in 1 to 2 after build20:06
=== mclasen is now known as mclasen_afk
mterryseb128, :)  So I'm just being impatient.  Cool.  Just annoying that it got the -common binary package but not the amd64 ones, as now I can't build amd64 packages due to the conflict20:07
seb128well you did the update you could install you local build20:07
didrocksI have builders issue on amd6420:07
didrocksgcc failing20:07
seb128didrocks, you got dokoed? ;-)20:08
mterryseb128, yar, I'm just attached to my pristine chroots.  /me goes and does a dirty test build20:08
didrocksseb128: is it a new feature? :-) more seriously, I just try to ping on #ubuntu-devel20:08
cyphermoxhrm... I'm having issues with sftp after updating gvfs to 1.6.4 :/20:13
seb128could be http://git.gnome.org/browse/gvfs/commit/?id=c6be45c89346da80d557cdb01756e6e1975ad1ff20:16
mterryseb128, https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/ubuntu/maverick/libgnomeui/2.24.4/+merge/36775  (not sure how important that one is really, but it's there)20:17
seb128mterry, thanks20:19
mterryseb128, https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/ubuntu/maverick/tomboy/1.4.0/+merge/3677620:19
mterry[UPDATING] evince20:21
Riddellpitti: were you persuaded by didrocks's explanation of zeitgeist testing?20:38
Riddellpitti: weren't you going to reject dbus?20:38
mterry[UPDATING] brasero20:38
seb128hey pitti20:41
pittiRiddell: I at least don't have the guts to accept dbus at this stage20:41
pittisorry, had to lay down a bit, I'm a bit feverish20:41
pittiRiddell: zeitgeist> ah, I forgot to accept it after the last discussion20:42
pittidone now20:42
didrocksthanks pitti!20:42
=== mclasen_afk is now known as mclasen
mterryseb128, https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/evince/ubuntu-2.32.0/+merge/3677820:43
bcurtiswx_is gnome-system-tools beings worked on?20:50
mterrybcurtiswx_: Yah, I got it20:51
mterrygot it20:52
bcurtiswx_seb128's list needs updating :P20:52
mterrybcurtiswx_: anjuta?20:52
bcurtiswx_what version is it upstream?20:53
* pitti waves good night20:53
didrocksenjoy pitti!20:53
seb128'night pitti20:53
bcurtiswx_nite pitti20:53
seb128bcurtiswx, mterry: I think we are still on 2.30 for anjuta20:53
mterrybcurtiswx_: then libgnomecanvas?20:54
mterryalso on an older branch, but that's more intentional20:54
bcurtiswx_hmm, brb20:55
mvodevildante: thanks, I have a look at that branch!20:58
mterryseb128, FYI: brasero update is blocked on newer gtk20:59
bcurtiswx_same with nautilus20:59
mterry[UPDATING] meld21:01
bcurtiswx_mterry, how can i tell versions of upstream packages?21:01
cyphermoxseb128, would it be alright to backout just that one commit, or is updating gvfs too unsafe at this point?21:01
seb128cyphermox, is there any commit worth getting?21:02
mterrybcurtiswx_: what do you mean?  How can you tell which upstream packages have updates?21:02
cyphermoxlet me check21:02
bcurtiswx_mterry, ^21:02
mterrybcurtiswx_: I've been drinking from the GNOME ftp firehose: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/LATEST.xml21:02
mterrybcurtiswx_: and refreshing every now and then21:02
* bcurtiswx_ hugs mterry21:03
mterrybcurtiswx_: Kind of a fun rss feed to watch in your reader anyway.  :)  fresh bits are fun to know about21:04
bcurtiswx_mterry, libgnomecanvas has no ubuntu hashing.. how do i work those updates?21:04
cyphermoxheh, all I see besides translations is adding support of iOS2,4 for the afc backend; except maybe a fix for GConf initialization (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=628889), I'll check if there are bugs open in LP for that21:05
ubot2Gnome bug 628889 in gconf "gconf initialization stuck in g_bus_get_sync()" [Major,Resolved: duplicate]21:05
mterrybcurtiswx_: That means that we most recently copied the packaging from debian wholesale.  Just add an ubuntu version and merge like normal21:05
bcurtiswx_mterry, OK, just making sure someone won't rip my head off for putting ubuntu hashing on it21:06
mterrybcurtiswx_: Hopefully they wouldn't do that anyway.  :)  It's nice to avoid adding a delta between us and debian in general, but for GNOME stuff, we are generally are OK with managing the delta21:07
didrocksok, are they still things waiting for sponsoring?21:11
Laneywhat is "ubuntu hashing"?21:12
mterrydidrocks, yeah...  https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/evince/ubuntu-2.32.0/+merge/3677821:12
didrocksmterry: looking :)21:12
LaneyI'd be a bit more wary about deviating where packages are already in sync it's not necessary to take every update if they don't add value21:12
mterrydidrocks,  https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/ubuntu/maverick/tomboy/1.4.0/+merge/3677621:12
seb128didrocks, https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/ubuntu/maverick/tomboy/1.4.0/+merge/36776 https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/ubuntu/maverick/libgnomeui/2.24.4/+merge/3677521:12
cyphermoxseb128, seems we already have the patch for gconf, so I think gvfs can be left as-is21:12
didrockslooking at them :)21:12
didrocksmterry: btw, for further uploads, we tend to do one commit == one action (look at the history)21:13
didrocksmterry: normally, with UNRELEASED in the debian/changelog21:13
didrocksand the sponsor change it and tag it :)21:13
didrocksmterry: should be described in the Bzr wiki page pointed ebfore IIRC21:14
mterrydidrocks, right, I remember reading that now21:14
didrocksmterry: no worry :)21:14
didrocksmterry: not that important, but nice to follow I think21:14
cyphermoxseb128, did you finish gtk+2.0?21:15
seb128it's building21:15
cyphermoxI suspect gconf will need this update as well, it fails to build: dh_install: cp -a ./debian/tmp/usr/share/gir-1.0 debian/libgconf2-dev//usr/share/ returned exit code 121:18
didrocksmterry: can you upgrade your evince branch21:19
didrocksmterry: like bzr upgrade lp:~mterry…21:20
seb128cyphermox, http://git.gnome.org/browse/gconf/log/21:20
bcurtiswx_mterry, what do I need to do with the control file when adding the ubuntu has to a debian version ?21:20
seb128cyphermox, seems there is only the gir update changes there and we didn't update gir21:21
seb128cyphermox, so maybe let's skip this one21:21
mterrybcurtiswx_: run update-maintainer21:21
mterrydidrocks, done, I believe.  Had to do it locally and push.  bzr didn't like the remote upgrade21:22
cyphermoxseb128, ok!21:22
didrocksmterry: oh really? I was able to do it remotely just before21:22
mterrydidrocks, bzr: ERROR: The branch format Meta directory format 1 is already at the most recent format.21:22
didrocksmterry: hum, still the same bug21:23
didrocks1 the most recent format? :)21:23
didrocksbzr is kidding21:23
cyphermoxseb128, then I'll just have totem once gtk has built21:23
mterrydidrocks, well, I dunno what bzr is getting at there either.  But that's what it gave me on a remote upgrade attempt21:23
didrocksok, scrapping and downgrade my branch :)21:23
seb128cyphermox, ok21:24
didrocksoh, evince has my fix :)21:32
didrockstotally forgot that one :)21:33
bcurtiswx_seb128, https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~bcurtiswx/ubuntu/maverick/libgnomecanvas/libgnomecanvas-2.30.2/+merge/3678521:33
seb128bcurtiswx_, ok21:34
bcurtiswx_[UPDATING] file-roller21:34
seb128didrocks, how busy are you?21:35
didrocksseb128: still on mterry's review (buildling && test)21:35
didrocksseb128: but can take others if needed, why?21:35
seb128didrocks, ok, I'm doing libgnomecanvas21:35
didrocksok :)21:35
seb128you will get the next one ;-)21:35
didrockshum, round-robing scheduler? :)21:37
cyphermoxis there anything left? ;)21:39
* bcurtiswx_ will aim to give didrocks another review :)21:39
bcurtiswx_cyphermox, gnome-panel just got released to
* didrocks wants to eat :)21:40
didrocksmterry: hum, seems you didn't update the maintainer field21:41
cyphermoxdidrocks, ;)21:41
didrocksmterry: for libgnomeui21:41
didrocksmterry: how did it built for you?21:41
didrocksnormally, the build fails21:41
mterrydidrocks, darn it.  And I just advised bcurtiswx_ to use it.  /me will try to take a page from his own book21:43
didrocksmterry: but my question is how did you built it? :)21:43
mterrydidrocks, I dunno.  Built fine for me.21:44
didrocksmterry: hum, weird you should have a look at your rules, it should fail with default one on the distro21:44
didrocksI think it'll fail on buildd as well, but never tried21:44
mterrydidrocks, updating branch21:45
didrocksmterry: I've done it already21:45
mterrydidrocks, oh ok21:45
didrocksmterry: just didn't push :)21:45
didrocks(waiting the build to finish and such)21:45
mterrydidrocks, so where is the rule that would fail such a build?21:45
mterrydidrocks, (i mean, you suggested checking my 'rules')21:46
didrocksmterry: or in .devscripts maybe, let me have a look21:46
mterrydidrocks, I probably built in a chroot...21:46
didrockshum, get nothing relevant in .devscripts21:47
didrockswell, it's building, I can have a dummy test somewhere to get it failing21:47
cyphermoxbcurtiswx, there isn't a whole lot of changes in gnome-panel though21:48
seb128we don't track gnome-panel 2.3221:48
seb128bcurtiswx_, ^21:48
bcurtiswx_seb128, hmm, how do I know what we track?21:49
bcurtiswx_im doing file roller.. do we track that?21:49
seb128check the version list, url in the topic21:49
seb128it tracks the correct series21:49
seb128or ask on the channel21:50
bcurtiswx_seb128, for my dumb question of the minute.  wheres the version list/url in topic ?21:50
seb128bcurtiswx_, ^21:51
bcurtiswx_seb128, if its not on there, we don't track it ?21:52
bcurtiswx_seb128, how often is that list updated?21:54
seb128every hour21:54
cyphermox[UPDATING] gbrainy21:56
mterryseb128, https://code.launchpad.net/~mterry/meld/ubuntu-1.4.0/+merge/36790 (though meld 1.4.0 was a bit more changes than most 2.32.0 tarballs.  not sure what our risk threshold is.  I built and ran it, but didn't stress test)21:59
mterryseb128, ack, hold on22:00
mterryseb128, i left the merge target as upstream22:00
seb128mterry, I think we should limit to easy updates in series we tracked today22:00
mterryseb128, ok, deleted that merge because of the bad target.  Sounds like I shouldn't bother resubmitting22:01
seb128mterry, right, keep it ready for a sru maybe though22:02
didrocksmterry: not sure why you didn't get it, seems to be introduced in dpkg-source itself (see 1.14.24ubuntu1 https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmec/+source/dpkg/+changelog)22:02
didrocksmterry: it seems to be if DEBEMAIL contains @ubuntu.com nevertheless22:02
mterrydidrocks, ah...  I happen to not be using ubuntu.com today.22:03
didrocksyeah, saw that, hence the issue :)22:03
mterrydidrocks, I should, especially if there are additional safety checks22:03
didrocksI didn't know it was depending on that, but yeah22:04
didrocksmterry: or patch tools to add another env variable :)22:04
mterryseb128, I have a brasero update staged, but haven't tested due to the gtk block.  lp:~mterry/brasero/ubuntu-2.32.0   I was planning on signing off soon though.  We still need stuff in today?22:05
seb128mterry, no, I think we are done for today anyway22:05
seb128mterry, thanks22:05
mterryseb128, OK22:05
bcurtiswx_seb128, didrocks, https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~bcurtiswx/ubuntu/maverick/file-roller/file-roller-2.32.0/+merge/3679322:05
seb128I've uploaded gtk but it still needs review and to be accepted22:05
didrockslooks like it's my turn :)22:05
didrocksseb128: taking it ^22:06
didrocks(5 minutes, the time for the micro-wave to work :))22:06
seb128didrocks, thanks22:06
bcurtiswx_seb128, let me know when you get gtk updated and tomorrow i can finish the update to nautilus22:07
didrockstomorrow will be too late :)22:07
bcurtiswx_well if its in a rush, than tonight I can if GTK is updated22:07
didrocksbcurtiswx_: we have theorically 2 hours left before archive to be frozen for RC :)22:07
didrocksbcurtiswx_: we can handle it22:08
seb128bcurtiswx_, I did the gtk update it's waiting for review22:08
Riddellseb128: "+  * debian/libglib2.0-0.symbols: updated22:08
didrocksbcurtiswx_: don't worry too much, what you did is really a lot!22:08
Riddellthat seems wrong22:08
Riddellin gtk22:08
bcurtiswx_seb128, i don't mind doing the update.  I was having fun today22:08
seb128Riddell, yes, changelog typo22:09
Riddellseb128: rejecting gtk, please fix that and reupload22:09
seb128Riddell, you make me reupload 25 meg for a changelog typo? ;-)22:09
bcurtiswx_but, i will be back on when i get home, you can PM me as by bcurtiswx (without the underscore) is my xchat on at home.  :)22:09
seb128Riddell, ok, let me scp on chinstrap, will be faster to upload22:10
Riddellseb128: how come many of the symbols in libgtk2.0-0.symbols are - 2.21.6 + 2.21.8 ?22:10
bcurtiswx_bbl :)22:10
didrocksbcurtiswx_: thanks a lot for your work already :) much appreciated!22:10
seb128Riddell, it's coming from debian, they update all the symbols added in the unstable serie to the current version22:11
Riddellmm ok22:11
seb128Riddell, I used 2.21.8 from debian and updated to 2.22 using it22:11
seb128they will probably -> 2.22 those22:11
seb128Riddell, reuploaded22:13
seb128I think I had it uploaded twice the first time btw so don't be surprised if there is an extra one22:13
=== tetete is now known as shuerhaaken
didrocks*phew* finished sponsoring :)22:25
seb128didrocks, you rock22:27
didrocksseb128: you rock too. just on fire the first day back of your holidays :)22:28
* didrocks hugs seb12822:28
* seb128 hugs didrocks22:28
cyphermoxseb128, I should be able to finish up totem now?22:30
seb128Riddell needs to accept it first then it needs to build22:31
seb128didrocks, you should call it a day22:31
didrocksseb128: still around for half an hour at least, looking at bug mails (didn't have the time today) to not have a depressing Tuesday morning with hundreds of them :)22:32
seb128same here22:33
seb128who was doing totem?22:45
cyphermoxseb128, i was23:00
seb128didrocks, ^23:04
didrockscyphermox: where did you stand on it?23:04
cyphermoxwaiting for gtk+2.023:04
didrockscyphermox: I've done the changelog bump, and adding the build-dep, did you began?23:05
cyphermoxdidrocks, I was done, but good point, missing bumping the build-dep23:06
didrockscyphermox: can I finish it then? (as I've it there)23:06
cyphermoxdidrocks, it doesn't build with 2.21.7 though, requires 2.21.8 or later23:06
cyphermoxdidrocks, sure, go ahead23:06
didrockscyphermox: think to diff <previous_version>/configure.{in,ac} new_version :)23:07
didrockscyphermox: thanks, doing it :)23:07
cyphermoxok, sorry ;)23:07
didrockscyphermox: no worry, just a notice for next time :)23:07
cyphermoxdidrocks, fwiw,  * debian/patches/08_scrsaver_startup_inhibit.patch: obsolete23:08
* cyphermox -> dinner23:08
seb128chrisccoulson_, still around?23:20
chrisccoulson_seb128 - i am23:21
seb128chrisccoulson_, want to do an update?23:21
chrisccoulson_seb128 - yeah, can do23:21
seb128chrisccoulson_, ^23:21
chrisccoulson_ok, looking at that23:22
didrocksok, totem done :))23:25
seb128didrocks, waouh23:25
didrocksdo you think we still have some to catch? like eog for instance?23:26
didrocksthey probably aren't so important, but well…23:26
seb128didrocks, eog would be nice23:28
seb128and https://code.launchpad.net/~rodrigo-moya/ubuntu/maverick/rhythmbox/unbreak-python-bindings/+merge/3669923:28
seb128if somebody feels doing those23:28
didrocksdoing eog then :)23:28
seb128I'm finishing some testing on glib and gtk there and calling it a day23:29
seb128didrocks, can you do the rhythmbox sponsoring as well? should be easy23:29
seb128then you should call it a day as well23:29
didrocksseb128: sure23:29
lifelessRAOF: please be fixing X; thanks23:34
desrtlifeless: his life story, i figure...23:35
Riddellseb128: how long are these gnome uploads going to go on for?23:35
lifelessdesrt: I did an upgrade mid-transition,... update-manager didn't know enough to protect me ;P23:35
desrti bet he gets an email/irc-poke to this effect at least once per day :)23:35
lifeless  * xserver-xorg-core conflicts with xserver-xorg-input-7 (provided by xserver-xorg-input-evdev 1:2.3.2+git20100121.e81cd935-0ubuntu0sarvatt, xserver-xorg-input-mouse 1:1.5.0-1, xserver-xorg-input-vmmouse 1:12.6.5-4ubuntu2,               ▒23:35
lifeless    xserver-xorg-input-wacom 1:0.10.5-0ubuntu4)                                                                                                                                                                                               ▒23:36
didrocksRiddell: you should get totem, and soon eog and rhythmbox at least23:36
seb128didrocks, those didrocks lists and chrisccoulson_ is doing glibmm then we are done I think23:36
didrockseog pushed, rhythmbox building23:36
didrockshum, maybe cheese?23:37
* didrocks does cheese as well23:38
TheMusoThere are some at-spi, atk, orca, and mousetweaks updates, but I can hold those off and put them through as SRUs if timing is tight...23:39
TheMusoAs it is, at-spi update is not actually needed by us, since at-spi corba is already set as the default...23:40
didrocksoh nautilus is still needed, right?23:50
Sarvattlifeless: sudo apt-get install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge xorg-edgers ? :) release upgrading while using PPA stuff versioned higher than whats in the new release has always been broken but its really nasty with X..23:53
seb128didrocks, I think bcurtiswx started on it but got blocked by the new gtk requirement23:53
didrocksseb128: if we want to get it, maybe it worths working on it now?23:54
seb128up to you23:54
didrocksrhythmbox and eog pushed now23:54
seb128I think we should call it a day23:54
seb128we can try to get those after rc or as a sru23:54
didrocks(/!\ as it's tuesday, does it mean we should only connect on wednesday? ;))23:54
didrocksyeah, maybe it's time to stop, even jokes are bad ^^23:55
didrockscatching up on last hour email and shower, then bed23:55
seb128nautilus fixes bug #63088423:55
ubot2Launchpad bug 630884 in nautilus (Ubuntu) (and 1 other project) "nautilus crashed with SIGSEGV in g_closure_invoke() (affects: 56) (dups: 36) (heat: 384)" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63088423:56
seb128which has lot of duplicates23:56
seb128and bug #62593823:56
ubot2Launchpad bug 625938 in nautilus (Ubuntu) (and 1 other project) "Nautilus bookmarks sometimes do nothing when clicked (affects: 1) (heat: 123)" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62593823:56
didrocksok, can jump on it then23:56
seb128didrocks, ok, then please call it a day ;-)23:57
didrocksseb128: ok :-)23:57

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!