Riddellhum, well server is built but is failing to appear at http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/daily/20100928.2/00:02
RiddellI wonder if that's the mirrors full up00:02
=== bjf is now known as bjf[afk]
Riddellooh there it is00:05
Riddellmathiaz: images up http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/daily/20100928.2/00:05
mathiazRiddell: \o/ - thank ya!00:05
=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
* stgraber just noticed this morning's -meta change including the ubuntu font ...00:35
stgraberI'll be pushing a new edubuntu-meta change refreshing our dependencies to include it00:36
Riddellis it really that important?  it's not set as default or anything00:36
stgraberwell, currently it means that our DVD has it in the live environment as we derive from Ubuntu but installing from a minimal system won't because edubuntu-meta is out of sync00:37
stgraberso I don't really care having it or not, I care about inconsistent installations00:37
ScottKstgraber: Is gcompris on your ISO?00:38
stgraberScottK: yes00:38
ScottKstgraber: You might see about getting it moved from the ubuntu-desktop packageset to yours (since it's in Universe).00:38
Riddellstgraber: ok as you wish00:39
stgraberScottK: that's weird, it was in our packageset for karmic then was apparently moved to ubuntu-desktop with lucid.00:42
=== bjf[afk] is now known as bjf
stgrabercjwatson: ^ any chance you can fix that when you have a minute ?00:47
stgraberRiddell: I just checked and we won't need a meta package update as edubuntu-desktop simply depends on ubuntu-desktop solving all of our issues ;) For some reason I didn't remember that part of the magic.00:48
NCommanderRiddell: what happened to my dove image?01:03
RiddellNCommander: still going01:10
mathiazRiddell: hm - seems that -server isos have disappered01:13
mathiazRiddell: 20100928.2 is no longer available from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/daily/01:13
Riddellmathiaz: they're still there on antimony but maybe they're not on one of the mirrors01:14
Riddellelmo did say they were getting full01:14
mathiazRiddell: ok01:15
* mathiaz hopes they'll show up eventually01:15
NCommanderRiddell: very slow :-/01:17
RiddellNCommander: yes, and I need to go to bed now01:17
Riddellmathiaz: I'm copying the images over to http://jasmine.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/ubuntu-server/ incase you need them now01:18
mathiazRiddell: I won't need them now01:18
mathiazRiddell: it would be great if they can show up in a couple of hours01:18
RiddellNCommander: going to sleep now, feel free to kill the process if it doesn't get done soonish01:19
NCommanderRiddell: k01:39
maxbHi, Bazaar in maverick is 2.2.0. 2.2.1 is released, with some fairly important bugfixes. Can you advise if we should aim for a SRU or a (very) late-breaking release pocket upload? (pitti suggested the latter in bug 636930, but that was some days ago, so may no longer be valid)01:40
ubot4Launchpad bug 636930 in bzr (Ubuntu Maverick) (and 4 other projects) "Upgrading a repository fails with 'Inter1and2Helper' object has no attribute 'source_repo' (affects: 5) (dups: 4) (heat: 288)" [Undecided,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63693001:40
ScottKmaxb: Since it's eligible for post-release micro-version update, I don't see a strong reason to wait.  If all the same testing is done as for a post-release update, I think it would be reasonable to drop it in between RC and final.02:02
maxbRight, that makes sense02:11
mathiazScottK: IIUC accepting bzr would require an ISO respin03:50
ScottKmathiaz: That's why I said after RC.04:31
aragood morning!07:15
araRiddell, morning08:31
araRiddell, rekonq is crashing for me in kvm, is that known?08:31
araseb128, as RAOF has confirmed that it is a mesa issue, I think we should add it to the release notes for RC09:14
=== doko_ is now known as doko
Riddellara: not known to me09:34
araRiddell, OK, thanks, I will file a bug09:34
araRiddell, bug 65093409:42
ubot4Launchpad bug 650934 in rekonq (Ubuntu) "Rekonq crashes in a KVM with 800MB ram (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/65093409:42
cjwatsonstgraber: hm, this is odd, can't immediately figure out why it went to desktop ...10:03
cjwatsonubuntu-desktop I mean10:03
cjwatsongerminate shows it in edubuntu/desktop-gnome, edubuntu/desktop-kde, edubuntu/ubuntu-edu-preschool, and edubuntu/ubuntu-edu-primary10:05
DavieyHey!  What are the chances of a respin happening before RC?  We don't need one, but wondered if foundation are likely to call one.10:06
* cjwatson hasn't heard of a reason right now10:07
cjwatsonnot globally anyway, edubuntu might need one10:07
Davieyok great, the current situation with the server seems to be pretty sound.  The only edge case of concern is people using the on cd archive to upgrade UEC, will get a silent failure.  There is a work around for this, if we had a respin it would close this edge case - but not worth making a new ISO for that IMO.10:10
Daviey(new installs are unaffected)10:11
cjwatsonwhat package is the workaround in?10:12
Davieyeucalyptus-java-common, has been fixed to stop euca' before attempting to upgrade the database.  The work around, would be a copy and paste # stop eucalyptus ; do-upgrade() ; start eucalyptus, after reboot10:14
Daviey(database schema upgrade is handled in packaging)10:15
cjwatsondid we not respin after that fix last night?10:17
cjwatsoneucalyptus-java-common | 2.0+bzr1241-0ubuntu4 |      maverick | amd64, armel, i386, powerpc10:18
cjwatsonall in sync10:18
Davieyahh, sorry - i was mistaken10:20
Davieyi didn't realise there was a new spin last night10:20
cjwatsonthere was some difficulty pushing to cdimage mirrors I think10:21
cjwatsonlet me see if that's resolved10:21
cjwatsonlooks ok, you want 20100928.210:22
Davieycjwatson: so, the server team should be considering 20100928.1 as the RC candidate?10:22
Davieythat isn't on cdimages.*10:22
cjwatsonit is on some of them10:22
cjwatsonI just checkd10:22
cjwatson(p.s. official name is cdimage.ubuntu.com not cdimages)10:23
cjwatsonit's also on the ISO tracker10:23
cjwatsonok, so I just deleted a pile of older builds; let's see if that helps cdimage pick it up10:23
cjwatsontry it again in a few minutes?10:23
Davieycjwatson: rockin' thanks.10:23
DavieySo, when .2 shows up - we will spend today doing some pre-RC testing.10:24
cjwatsonstgraber: wow, that was more complicated than I expected it to be, but fixed now10:56
cjwatsonstgraber: you gained edubuntu-live as well in the same process10:56
cjwatsonand ubuntu-desktop lost those two and language-pack-kde-*, which is obviously correct anyway10:57
* ogra would appreciate an armel rebuild ... i assume the archive should be setteled by now 10:57
RiddellNCommander, GrueMaster: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-netbook/ports/daily-preinstalled/20100929/12:02
NCommanderRiddell: yup, saw, thanks. Already did a successful test install :-)12:03
cjwatsonrobbiew: we're due an EOL announcement for jaunty soon, aren't we?  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EndOfLifeProcess12:20
cjwatsonah, heh, I see you edited https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EndOfLifeAnnouncement recently so I guess you know ...12:21
ScottKIIRC it went out a few days ago.12:21
ograRiddell, thanks a lot12:35
Riddellogra: you're welcome.  what did I do?12:37
ograroll ne images :)12:37
* ogra was waiting to test the new bootloader on omap312:37
smosercjwatson, or slangasek could you populate iso tracker from http://uec-images.ubuntu.com/server/maverick/20100928.4/published-ec2-daily.txt13:19
smoserand also list 20100928.4 as the uec images to be tested.13:19
cjwatsonsmoser: done and done13:38
ScottKcjwatson: Does x-loader belong in some package set (I find it unusual to see packages in Main that don't)?13:38
cjwatsonScottK: how odd.  it *ought* to be in core13:40
cjwatsonoh, eek13:47
cjwatsonScottK: thanks, nasty bug - it was using the i386 Packages file regardless of architecture, I think13:47
ScottKcjwatson: You're welcome.13:47
ScottKConvenient of wgrant to put the package sets on the package acceptance page so the lack would be there staring at me.13:48
doko_ok to sync http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/libd/libdbd-sqlite3-perl/current/changelog ? fixes ftbfs13:55
ScottKdoko_: Did your ucf update get resolved?  I just went looking for the FFe bug and couldn't find it.13:56
doko_ScottK: it was ufc13:56
doko_anyway, not needed13:56
ScottKThat would explain why I couldn't find it.  OK.13:57
ScottKdoko_: It's in Main, so it needs to wait until after RC.13:57
ScottK(after that, it looks good)13:57
cjwatsonScottK: how exciting.  http://paste.ubuntu.com/502618/14:06
cjwatsonI'm going to apply that as it looks basically correct - TBH if the Ubuntu Studio guys want to fix ia32-libs they're welcome to it :-)14:06
persiaQuite possibly the fix there will lead to work to drop that from Ubuntu Studio again.14:08
ScottKcjwatson: The correction to the package set already shows up on the LP package accept page.  Very nice.14:17
cjwatsonScottK: yep, seems to be immediate, which is good14:19
* Riddell out for a bit14:25
ScottKThere's a reasonable stack of Universe syncs in the queue if anyone has time to look ...14:55
=== doko_ is now known as doko
ScottKIs it known/on purpose we have a newer mountall in the archive than is on the Kubuntu live CD (i386)18:13
ScottKRiddell: ^^^?18:15
dokoskaet: what is wrong with keeping bug #635891 open for natty?18:26
ubot4Launchpad bug 635891 in lprof (Ubuntu Maverick) (and 3 other projects) "libvigraimpex (main) build-depends on hfd5 (universe) (affects: 1) (heat: 188)" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63589118:26
skaetdoko,  was just assigning it.18:27
skaetmaking sure it was on someone's monitoring list,   for writing release notes,  if its not going to be fixed.18:29
persiaskaet, Isn't it better to do that with a release-notes task?18:30
persiaThat way it shows up in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-release-notes18:30
persia(and we can track when it gets release-noted separately from when it gets fixed)18:30
skaetpersia,  will be doing that too.18:31
skaetjust changed the assigned to field to be the desktop team, from unassigned.18:32
dokoneed somebody to approve for bug #642344 tiles (unapproved) and mvel2 (new), new upstream version just taken and renamed from debian19:47
ubot4Launchpad bug 642344 in libspring-2.5-java (Ubuntu Maverick) (and 3 other projects) "libspring-2.5-java needs an initial manual build (affects: 1) (heat: 12)" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64234419:47
ScottKdoko: I just approved tiles.19:48
dokoScottK: then you have to approve mvel2 too =)19:49
stgrabercjwatson: thanks (for the packageset change)19:53
ScottKdoko: I'll have to look at New tonight or tomorrow, but seems fine.19:56
dokoScottK, cjwatson: would be nice to have it built tomorrow morning/noon my time. still doing the manual bootstrap with #is19:57
ScottKOK. Will try.  If some else gets to it first, I won't mind.19:57
dokohmm, why doesn't my grace upload show up?20:00
ScottKdoko: It's in the queue, but it's in the Xubuntu packageset, so not accepting until after RC.20:01
dokoahh, ok20:01
dokoScottK: what about drizzle, will it be removed? just asking for NBS ...20:03
ScottKUpstream decided they'd rather ship nothing at this point and I think we aren't going to disagree.20:03
ScottKThere's a removal bug pending.20:04
CardinalFangI have a question about our current release state.  The "unapproved" queue has close to 40 items in it.  Is "approved" frozen while we make RC images or something like that?20:16
persiaCardinalFang, For anything that lands on an image undergoing validation, yes (unless the image fails validation and the release team for that image needs a specific package for a respin)20:19
CardinalFangpersia, okay.  I (=Online Services) care about two packages in the "unapproved" queue.  I don't know what I should be doing now.  Waiting, perhaps?20:28
persiaWhich packages?20:28
ScottKCardinalFang: Unless it rises to the level of "We should not release the RC unless we fix this", waiting is appropriate.20:29
CardinalFangpersia, ubuntuone-client, desktopcouch .20:30
persiaYeah, those need waiting.20:30
CardinalFangScottK, I don't think we should stop RC, no.20:30
persiaCardinalFang, If it was some package that wasn't used on any image, and you had a really good reason, you could beg, but those appear on images.20:30
ScottKStuff that's not in Main or seeded on an image, I'm pushing through, so those wouldn't be waiting.20:33
persiaAh, with that information, yes no need for package names to reach a conclusion :)20:35
CardinalFangpersia, okay, I guess my only question is, wait for what?  What happens next for me?20:42
CardinalFangI guess I fear being asleep when someone asks a question about them.20:42
persiaWait for RC to be released.20:43
CardinalFangpersia, okay.  Sorry for sounding neurotic.20:44
ScottKdoko: mvel2 source accepted.22:53
dokoScottK: thanks23:10
RiddellScottK: hmm, no I didn't see that it had the old mountall23:48
Riddellcjwatson: just how serious is that mountall bug?23:49

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!