enc0d3hello everyone02:18
enc0d3what's the topic today?02:18
Neko__preinstalled desktop question: if I wanted to ship a custom Ubuntu which had compositing enabled in metacity by default how would I fix it so this happens? Is there a flag I can tweak which overrides the one created for each user and where is it kept (I am sure some gconf template somewhere but the location is a mystery to me). I have the same question about window border icons (border_layout) - this is for an installation of multiple desktops with mul02:34
Neko__tiple networked users where everyone seems to get the same OS defaults from the themes etc. and I need to override them without building all new packages02:34
Neko__same for desktop backgrounds etc... we're thinking university logo kind of stuff02:37
RAOFYou'd be looking for gconf schemas (for now)02:38
* desrt does the gconf is dying dance02:38
Neko__ /usr/share/gconf/schemas ?02:38
Neko__this is every default in the system?02:39
desrtNeko__: it's actually sort of complicated02:39
desrtthe schemas need to be installed into /etc as well02:39
RAOFI'm not actually 100% sure how the schema is calculated; we use dh_gconf to make it magically happen.02:39
Neko__but they both need to match?02:39
desrtsee /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/02:39
desrti have no idea, to be honest02:39
desrti just know that it's quite complicated02:40
Neko__the only option I can see right now is to have it done in ~/.bashrc or something and gconf the settings in02:40
Neko__but that means making an awesome amount of semi-manual changes on a network02:41
Neko__this university has 4000 students..02:41
Neko__not to mention we want to rig it so we can ship systems outside of the university with the same configuration02:41
RAOFSo, I'd check out what we do in a package like ubuntu-netbook-default-settings, which ships gconf defaults.02:42
* desrt wonders if dconf defaults are used at all yet02:42
desrtapparently not02:42
Neko__doesn't dconf depend on gconf? :D02:48
Neko__okay ubuntu-netbook-default-settings uses update-gconf-defaults which is very confusingly run02:50
Neko__there are two lists in the package but they're not installed.. ever.. and somehow two sets of defaults are picked up from an installed location02:50
Neko__my god this is freakish. did I recall someone at GNOME saying that Windows sucks because of the registry? :D02:51
Neko__oh! I get it02:52
Neko__it relies on package install order though. if something updates these settings and it picks up my mandatory and defaults THEN the new package ones, mine will be overwritten anyway02:53
Neko__okay, I give up. thanks anyway guys :)02:53
Neko__can tell my boss he gets what he gets now and there's not a fun way around it02:54
pittiGood morning07:21
pittirobert_ancell: hm, I don't see the new simple-scan in unapproved08:13
robert_ancellpitti, oh, odd...08:16
didrocksgood morning08:20
robert_ancellpitti, ok, it's uploaded now08:21
pittibonjour didrocks08:22
pittirobert_ancell: ah, thanks; will process it soon08:22
didrocksGuten Morgen pitti08:32
didrockshow are you?08:32
pittiI'm great, thanks! how are you?08:32
didrocksI'm fine, thanks :) trying to keep reasonable work hours this week and rest a little!08:33
mvogood morning seif_08:35
seif_ hi mvo08:35
seif_waaaaaaaaaaah need more sleep but gf keeps taking the blanket away08:37
seif_so its off t onag on some zeitgeist devs08:39
seif_mvo, does python release memory08:39
mvoyes, its supposed to at least. you can force it with the python "gc" module, but it will do it periodically itself too08:40
seif_we just noticed increase of memory in zeitgeist08:40
seif_i mean usually we operate around 5 - 10 MB08:40
seif_but in some cases we get t ogo over 3008:40
seif_but never really to 4008:41
seif_and its stil ltoo much08:41
seif_we want to release memory08:41
seif_mvo, can you please list features you tink zeitgeist can help S-C with08:41
seif_i wanna get a call for devs article out08:43
mvoI think a client/server "other people use" is useful08:43
mvolike "other people use gimp that work a lot with image/png"08:43
seif_mvo, yeah but that is too complex and i think I would like to take a better stab at it first08:44
seif_other ideas08:45
mvoyeah, that is true, I don't have a good idea for a low hanging fruit currently08:45
seif_mvo, maybe pushing installed/uninstalled and updated events into zeitgeist from s-c08:46
seif_another would be replacing the history in s-c08:47
seif_another one would be listing you most used apps and the apps you never used08:47
seif_it would help the janitor to do better work08:47
mvohm, that is a interessting idea08:58
mvothe janitor08:58
mvoif the history goes into zeitgeist I think we need to consider way of doing interessting stuff with it08:59
seif_mvo, it will be good for us too08:59
seif_i was gonne write an apt logger08:59
seif_but i think logging throug hs-c is easier08:59
seif_it will allow me to give oyu a complete history about when shit was installed09:00
seif_and used09:00
mvothe canonical source is /var/log/apt/history.log*09:00
seif_mvo, another question09:00
=== almaisan-away is now known as al-maisan
seif_ok scratc hthe question09:06
=== al-maisan is now known as almaisan-away
=== almaisan-away is now known as al-maisan
=== doko_ is now known as doko
chrisccoulsongood morning everyone09:38
seb128hey chrisccoulson09:38
seb128how are you?09:38
chrisccoulsoni'm good thanks seb128, how are you?09:39
chrisccoulsonoh, it looks like the g-s-d fix works for people :)09:39
seb128I'm fine thanks09:39
seb128great work!09:39
chrisccoulsoni just need somebody to verify bug 658777 now :)09:40
ubot2Launchpad bug 658777 in gnome-settings-daemon (Ubuntu Maverick) (and 1 other project) "Invalid reads in keyboard plugin (affects: 1) (heat: 10)" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/65877709:40
didrocksgood morning chrisccoulson, seb12809:42
seb128hey didrocks09:42
seb128chrisccoulson, I can do that today09:42
chrisccoulsonhi didrocks, how are you?09:42
chrisccoulsonseb128 - cool, thanks!09:42
didrockschrisccoulson: I'm fine thanks, you?09:43
didrocksafter the g-s-d fix, I guess you feel good :)09:43
chrisccoulsonheh :-)09:43
chrisccoulsoni need to figure out why my firefox builds are hanging now :/09:43
didrocksseb128: can you please enable the messaging menu turning green when you receive emails in your inbox for a while? I want to ensure it's amd64 only (all reports are on amd64 and only one claims to be on i386)09:57
didrocksand I still have no issue there on i38609:57
seb128"in your inbox"?09:58
seb128it's turning green when receiving messages on my imap servers09:58
seb128but  not in my local inbox09:58
seb128the one which I use the get emails from a pop server09:58
seb128on i38609:58
didrocksseb128: yeah, sorry I call that "inbox" as the main folder is named "Inbox" on both my IMAP servers10:00
didrocksseb128: ok, thanks, there are too many reports for people on amd64 to be every people misleading with the local inbox10:01
seb128is it working for you?10:01
didrocks10:57:54      didrocks | and I still have no issue there on i38610:01
seb128oh I though you were on amd6410:02
didrocksno :/10:02
didrocksI'm old school apparently :-)10:02
seb128there must be people on amd64 there10:02
seb128chrisccoulson, pitti, mvo?10:02
chrisccoulsoni'm on amd6410:02
seb128do you use evo?10:02
didrocksI think he's using thunderbird :)10:02
chrisccoulsoni'm not actually ;)10:03
chrisccoulson(not for work anyway)10:04
seb128is anybody on amd64 with an evo imap account working? ;-)10:05
mvoseb128: I have one10:08
seb128mvo, could you check if the indicator is turning green when you receive emails in your imap inbox?10:09
seb128you need evolution to not be focussed10:09
seb128like configure the account to check for emails every few minutes and wait10:09
seb128you should get a notification and the indicator turn green10:09
seb128I can send you an email if that helps testing ;-)10:09
mvoseb128: I don't use evo10:10
seb128you also need to make sure you checked the indicator options in the preferences10:10
seb128mvo, hum10:10
seb128<seb128> is anybody on amd64 with an evo imap account working? ;-)10:10
seb128<mvo> seb128: I have one10:10
mvo*cough* sorry, I only read up to amd6410:10
seb128lol, no worry10:10
mvoI did test it the other day with empathy and that worked10:11
seb128dear pitti, make the workitem tracker email only once a day, thanks10:11
seb128mvo, well didrocks things the evolution-indicator is buggy on amd6410:11
didrocksyeah, people reports that empathy is working, but not evo-indicator10:11
didrocksand there are too many people complaining/reporting dupe on amd64 to be only misusage…10:12
seb128weird, I didn't see any bug about that on evo10:13
chrisccoulsonseb128 - i get the indicator turn green, but only for messages which don't get filtered in to another folder10:13
seb128chrisccoulson, right, it's supposed to be Inbox only10:13
seb128chrisccoulson, that's on amd64?10:13
didrocksseb128: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/indicator-messages/+bug/65783710:13
ubot2Launchpad bug 657837 in indicator-messages "Broken message indicator with Evolution (affects: 6) (dups: 2) (heat: 32)" [High,Triaged]10:13
didrocksand dups10:13
seb128chrisccoulson, thanks10:13
seb128chrisccoulson, btw I confirmed the g-s-d valgrind bugfix10:14
chrisccoulsonseb128 - excellent, thanks10:16
seb128didrocks, 2 affected users and 2 duplicates with no details, I don't think it's significant10:16
didrocksseb128: really? because on one dup, I almost ensured that the person had the good option and the right workflow10:17
didrocksseb128: but you're more experienced than I in judging the amount of comment needed for becoming a relevant bug, so I trust you and turn on another thing :)10:18
pittiseb128: I'm on amd64, yes10:30
pittiseb128: my messaging indicator turns green when I receive a jabber message, yes; isn't it supposed to?10:30
seb128pitti, but you don't use evo for emails?10:30
seb128pitti, didrocks thinks evolution-indicator is buggy on amd6410:31
pittiseb128: well, evo shows my mails (local maildir)10:31
pittiseb128: but I don't get email notifications in the msg indicator10:31
seb128we have several issues there10:32
seb128it's not working for non imap accounts there either10:32
seb128ie I've a pop account which loads emails in a local inbox10:33
seb128that one doesn't work on i386 either10:33
pittiright, I don't have an imap account in evo10:35
pittiI use offlineimap, and then mutt/evo locally on the Maildir10:35
seb128pitti, ok, no worry, gord is helping testing now10:35
=== pedro__ is now known as pedro_
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
Laneydidrocks: can we get the banshee switch done right away, or is it a post-UDS thing?13:00
didrocksLaney: it's a post-UDS I would say, as natty is not opened and I won't have time before UDS I guess13:01
nessitahow can I see the maverick-proposed queue? https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick-proposed/+queue is a 40413:14
seb128nessita, https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+queue?queue_state=1&queue_text=13:17
seb128nessita, see the pocket column there13:17
nessitaseb128: so, what needs to happen for a package leave the unapproved queue?13:19
seb128nessita, review from somebody in ubuntu-sru13:20
seb128they review the queue regularly, it should take less than a week13:20
seb128if you are in an hurry you can try to be nice to pitti13:20
seb128(he's one of those reviewing sru uploads)13:21
nessitaseb128: not in a hurry, no. I'll keep my play-nice card for when I really need it ;-)13:23
nessitaseb128: thanks!13:23
seb128you're welcome13:23
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
seb128bah, how did you want to review blueprints in launchpad13:28
seb128there is no way the sort or query on titles13:29
chrisccoulsonright, i'm going to get some lunch13:43
chrisccoulsonbefore people complain at me for taking over the buildd's13:43
=== al-maisan is now known as almaisan-away
=== bjf[afk] is now known as bjf
seb128kenvandine, hey14:15
seb128kenvandine, did you register any blueprint yet?14:15
kenvandinehey seb12814:15
seb128I can find any from you14:15
kenvandinenot yet14:15
kenvandineworking on it :)14:16
kenvandinetheir in tomboy atm :)14:16
kenvandinegood morning rickspencer314:17
seb128hey rickspencer314:18
rickspencer3good morning kenvandine and seb12814:18
kenvandinerecovered yet?14:18
rickspencer3well, I stayed in bed until 6am, so that's a good sign14:18
highvoltagewhat happened to rickspencer1 and rickspencer2 and the first 127 sebs!?14:18
rickspencer3highvoltage, well, I guess the seb's required more iterations to reach perfection ;)14:20
seb128but once they do they are better ;-)14:21
* seb128 runs14:21
seb128chrisccoulson, do you think you could review the merge proposal on bug #623700?14:31
ubot2Launchpad bug 623700 in gnome-session (Ubuntu) (and 1 other project) "Edge condition in idle monitor (affects: 1) (heat: 86)" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/62370014:31
chrisccoulsonseb128 - yeah, sure14:31
seb128I've trying to clean https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/+activereviews14:32
chrisccoulsonoh, i didn't even know that page existed!14:33
chrisccoulsonoh, excellent - https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~mozillateam/+activereviews :)14:33
chrisccoulsoni guess i should review those too ;)14:33
rickspencer3seb128, kenvandine, chrisccoulson are you guys good for getting blueprints ready?14:41
kenvandineworking on it14:41
chrisccoulsonrickspencer3, i had my main ones registered for some time now ;)14:42
seb128rickspencer3, I've just reviewed the list for most team people, we miss those from kenvandine mterry bryceh robert_ancell tremulox14:42
seb128rickspencer3, I've accepted the ones from chrisccoulson's yesterday and didrocks' just before14:42
rickspencer3seb128, ok14:42
didrocksthanks seb128 :)14:43
rickspencer3I'll have a few for Application Developers track14:43
seb128rickspencer3, I will only have one for gnome3, still working on it14:43
mterryAh yes...  I think I'll carry over the quickly one from Maverick at least, lots didn't get done14:43
rickspencer3hey didrocks14:43
didrockshey rickspencer314:43
cyphermoxseb128, seen mine?14:43
rickspencer3seb128, mterry, didrocks, chrisccoulson, kenvandine, pitti, there is a very good chance that the new Engineering Manager, Desktop will start on Monday!14:43
seb128cyphermox, yes, I just wanted to check with dx for the indicator one before accepting it14:43
mterryoh, nice14:43
cyphermoxokie dokie14:43
kenvandineoh, cool14:43
seb128rickspencer3, great ;-)14:43
pittirickspencer3: \o/14:43
pittirickspencer3: right on time for the sprint?14:44
kenvandinerickspencer3, i bet you are thrilled :)14:44
cyphermoxrickspencer3, cool :)14:44
pittirickspencer3: (does that ring a bell? :-) )14:44
seb128mterry, maybe check with rickspencer3 what he has in mind for the appdeveloper track14:44
seb128rickspencer3, ^ can you update mterry on what you have on your list?14:44
didrocksrickspencer3: nice!14:44
rickspencer3pitti, yup, he's even coming to the Dx sprint!14:44
rickspencer3tbh, I am happy, but a bit sad too14:44
* rickspencer3 sinff14:44
chrisccoulsonexcellent :)14:44
* seb128 hugs rickspencer314:45
* didrocks hugs rickspencer3 as well14:45
seb128rickspencer3, I hope you will stay with us on the channel ;-)14:45
* chrisccoulson hugs rickspencer3 too14:45
* rickspencer3 hugs back14:45
rickspencer3I will probably autojoin this channel forever!14:45
rickspencer3sorry guys14:45
chrisccoulsonyeah, everyone knows this is the coolest channel to hang out ;)14:45
rickspencer3I think Jason is a really good person,though14:46
rickspencer3next step is for you guys to train him up as you trained me up ;)14:46
pittiI'll bring my brain transplant gear14:47
topylihey, how do we make appmenu applet ignore a specific application? like it ignores shotwell?14:48
topylilyx is broken so i would like to work around it14:48
chrisccoulsontopyli, that's probably a question for #ayatana - but, i think it's hardcoded in the indicator14:49
rickspencer3pitti, can you make some time on Monday to have a call with Jason?14:49
rickspencer3seb128, you too?14:49
chrisccoulsontopyli, i might be wrong though. tedg would know14:49
topylichrisccoulson: thanks14:49
seb128rickspencer3, when will he be travelling to the sprint?14:49
pittirickspencer3: sure14:49
topyliwell we have hilighted tedg, so let's see :)14:49
seb128rickspencer3, but yeah, I guess so14:50
rickspencer3seb128, I asked him to travel on Wednesday, and start on Thursday14:50
rickspencer3thinking that would give him Mon/Tues to bootstrap his office, fill in paper work, etc...14:50
tedgtopyli, Do you want to not show stubs or not have the menus exported?14:50
kenvandinetedg, menus14:50
seb128rickspencer3, ok14:50
rickspencer3and then you and I can have a beer with him on Wednesday14:51
kenvandinetopyli, UBUNTU_MENUPROXY= lyx14:51
kenvandinefrom a terminal14:51
rickspencer3his first job will be to help the desktop get through UDS14:51
rickspencer3(sound familiar?)14:51
tedgkenvandine, I think Lyx is Qt, right topyli?14:51
kenvandineno clue14:52
rickspencer3seb128, pitti, I told him that if the right thing to do is to fetch coffee for the desktop team, he should fetch coffe ;)14:52
rickspencer3whatever it takes to help you guys have a great UDS14:52
chrisccoulsoncoffee sounds great!14:52
seb128coffee and snacks ;-)14:52
seb128rickspencer3, did you see robert_ancell this week?14:53
seb128is he back?14:53
pittiseb128: I did14:53
pittiyes, he's back14:53
rickspencer3seb128, I looked for him yesterday, but didn't see him14:53
seb128hum, ok14:53
pittiand he said he had a great time14:53
seb128I wrote him an email yesterday but he didn't reply14:53
rickspencer3but I logged off early14:53
pittihe fixed two simple-scan bugs in maverick-proposed14:53
seb128can you tell him to register his blueprints?14:54
rickspencer3of course, he's married now, so I supposed we won't see him around as much now ;)14:54
topylitedg: sorry, phone. yes it's qt. i would just like to have the menu somewhere. the application window is fine14:54
seb128if you see him tomorrow14:54
* rickspencer3 retracts joke14:54
* rickspencer3 finds no undo in logged irc channel14:54
* rickspencer3 opens log files14:54
seb128well I supposed we will just see him as much14:54
seb128he has always been closing IRC after business hours14:54
topylitedg: so i guess let's not export the menu, like with shotwell14:55
kenvandinei talked to him sunday night14:55
seb128even if he still do hacking on his own projects then ;-)14:55
=== almaisan-away is now known as al-maisan
tedgtopyli, Asking agateau in #ayatana14:56
rickspencer3seb128, so if there were maverick blueprints that we didn't get to, but we want to discuss again in Natty ...15:07
rickspencer3should we just retitle them to the Natty titling scheme, and retarget?15:07
* seb128 reverts python-apt deprecation cleaning in versions15:09
seb128the p.u.c box is still on hardy15:10
seb128hey bzr wizards, what is the easier way to revert a commit in bzr as a new commit?15:10
seb128bzr diff -c rev | patch -p0 -R15:12
seb128or is there a cleaner way?15:12
gordseb128, if you bzr revert, you have to do a new commit to save the changes, the revert is a type of commit really15:13
seb128can I bzr revert a random revision?15:13
gordah, not sure about that15:14
seb128I will just use the diff | patch line15:15
seb128that works fine ;-)15:15
ari-tczewis someone going to merge epiphany-browser for natty?15:22
topylii guess so!15:22
seb128you can if that's the question15:22
topyliwoops, channel selection failure. sorry15:22
didrocksseb128: bzr merge -r 65..64 for instance15:23
seb128didrocks, does that note somewhere that it's a commit revert?15:24
seb128or that just does the same as my command did?15:24
didrocksseb128: if I remember correctly, nothing visible in the history15:25
seb128ok thanks15:26
PennStateJoe74morning folks.16:10
PennStateJoe74looking for some help with setting up a udev rule in ubuntu 10.0416:10
PennStateJoe74i have 2 serial devices connected to the same serial port.16:10
PennStateJoe74any suggestions on where i can start16:11
devildante!support | PennStateJoe7416:17
ubot2PennStateJoe74: The official ubuntu support channel is #ubuntu. Also see http://ubuntu.com/support and http://ubuntuforums.org16:17
=== zyga_ is now known as zyga
and471anyone know how to edit string values in dconf-editor?16:47
devildanteand471: I only know gconf-editor16:48
and471yeah, i can't seem to edit the values with dconf-editor that are strings...16:48
hggdhseb128: bug 631395 seems ugly :-(16:50
ubot2Launchpad bug 631395 in evolution-exchange (Ubuntu) "When upgrading from 10.04 to 10.10, exchange mail accounts no longer work in Evolution. When clicking the account, the folder structure won't expand and the account does not send or receive e-mail (although) it does appear in the send/receive dialog box. (affects: 40) (dups: 2) (heat: 234)" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63139516:50
seb128didrocks, ^16:50
seb128hggdh, it's not like evolution-exchange was actively maintained though16:50
didrocksyeah, I just upgraded evo-exchange as I could, but I have no setup to test it16:51
hggdhseb128: I understand... mcrha just pinged me on something similar on b.g.o -- gnome bug 63044416:51
ubot2Gnome bug 630444 in BugBuddyBugs "Exchange - cannot open account" [Critical,Unconfirmed] http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=63044416:52
and471desrt, are you an author of dconf-editor?16:54
hggdhdidrocks: we may need to add --with-ek2-debug in the e-exchange debian/rules16:54
didrockshggdh: something this adds some logs that we can upload with apport or is it an environment variable that should be added to get the debug then?16:55
seb128didrocks, hggdh: random guess would be that it's due to -Bsymbolic-function16:56
hggdhdidrocks: we have to configure e-e with it or no debug logs will be generated on e-e (add it to DEB_CONFIGURE_EXTRA_FLAGS)16:56
seb128try building without that16:56
hggdhdidrocks: *then* we can set it with an environment variable16:57
didrocksseb128: how do you see that from the trace?16:57
seb128didrocks, not from the trace, just reading the bugzilla from hggdh16:58
didrockshggdh: understood, but my question was rather "which" environment variable is needed then :)16:58
seb128"> (evolution:9159): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type16:58
seb128> `ExchangeAccount'16:58
seb128The above is the issue"16:58
seb128"cannot register existing type"16:58
seb128is typically the issues we had with -Bsymbolic-function16:58
seb128you had that error on cheese last cycle16:58
didrocksI can upload a version in a ppa for people to test16:59
didrocksand adding the debug flag as well16:59
seb128would be great, thanks16:59
desrtand471: no16:59
* didrocks calls it his evolution day :)16:59
desrtand471: robert ancell is16:59
hggdhdidrocks: you set an env like in http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/bugs.shtml16:59
didrockshggdh: oh ok, just the E2K_DEBUG ones, thanks17:00
cyphermox_didrocks, i was told about calendars in evolution-mapi being borked as well17:00
desrtwhat did -Bsymbolic-functions break now?17:00
didrockscyphermox_: same, I can't test :)17:00
and471desrt, ah ok thanks17:00
cyphermox_I was in the process of trying to update patches for 2.32.0 on spare cycles...17:00
didrocksdesrt: evolution-exchange17:00
didrockscyphermox_: we are using 2.3017:00
cyphermox_I wanted to try if 2.32 worked better17:01
desrtevolution's fault?17:01
didrockscyphermox_: please, don't upgrade, we already have issues having different version from evolution17:01
seb128didrocks, we should upgrade to 2.32 this cycle17:01
seb128no reason to stop people doing the update if they want17:01
didrocksseb128: I think cyphermox_ is talking about upgrading evo-mapi to maverick as the calendar is broken17:02
cyphermox_didrocks, not quite17:02
cyphermox_evo-mapi and evo need to follow no?17:02
hggdhthe whole shebang, or nothing17:02
cyphermox_so I was deep in evo itself, making sure the patches applied to 2.32.017:02
didrocksright, that was why I told you it's not the way to fix the calendar being broken :)17:02
didrockscyphermox_: talk to jelmer as well, he's coordinating this with debian17:03
cyphermox_so I would then put evo + evo-mapi in a PPA to play with17:03
cyphermox_didrocks, cool17:03
didrocks(and all the samba4 stack)17:03
cyphermox_I'm mostly still doing laptop testing for now though17:04
didrocksI'll upgrade evo to 2.32 once the SRU round will be finished17:04
cyphermox_crazy idea: are there daily builds? ;)17:06
didrocksI don't think so :)17:06
kenvandinesigh... running gwibber-service in valgrind seems to slow it down enough that i can't reproduce the libproxy crash...17:08
chrisccoulsonkenvandine, there you go. you've fixed it then ;)17:09
chrisccoulsonalways run it in valgrind17:09
kenvandinenote to self: never run anything python in valgrind, the results are scary17:11
kenvandinetedg, pretend you didn't see me say that17:12
* tedg isn't good at pretending :)17:14
hggdhdidrocks: would you like a bug for the --enable-e2k-debug?17:15
didrockshggdh: if possible, that would be great :)17:16
desrtkenvandine: the mapping between python and C is pretty interesting17:16
desrtkenvandine: in a very real sense, python is a scripting language for C17:16
kenvandineyeah, with what looks like lots of memory leaks17:16
* kenvandine hugs python17:16
desrtthe leaks are lies!17:17
hggdhdidrocks: bug 660034 opened17:20
ubot2Launchpad bug 660034 in evolution-exchange (Ubuntu) "Evolution-exchange should be built with --enable-e2k-debug (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/66003417:20
didrockshggdh: thanks, I'll see if we can get it in the SRU as well (as basically it's completly broken today)17:21
hggdhdidrocks: great! mcrha had asked me to build a PPA for a gnome bug on that, and I forgot to ping you folks about it. Frankly, I see no reason not to have it in17:22
didrockshggdh: agreed, not sure why the flag isn't the default, btw?17:22
hggdhdidrocks: this is a new(ish) flag. Even mcrha got hit by it ;-)17:23
didrocksoh, it will be by default then?17:23
hggdhwell, upstream does not really care about which flags one uses. For us, it should be on by default, since otherwise we will never get the debug traces17:24
seb128why did they add a flag for it?17:25
seb128it seems to not make sense if it's activated by a variable anyway17:26
seb128or it has a speed cost at runtime?17:26
hggdhI do not know yet... I was going to backtrace on GIT to find the change, but did not have time17:27
hggdhwell, _now_ I have time, so I will look for it17:27
CimiMacSlow: nice pic mirco! :)17:29
MacSlowCimi, I'm so hooked on Ducs :)17:30
seb128could somebody on amd64 try to build the gtk on https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/+archive/gnome3-builds17:35
seb128the gtk+3.0 source17:35
MacSlowjcastro, you're wrong :)17:36
seb128the ppa builders don't manage to build it it seems17:36
seb128they seem to keep building or something17:36
seb128the i386 build is fine though17:36
jcastroMacSlow: :)17:36
cyphermoxseb128, I'll try it17:37
seb128cyphermox: thanks17:38
cyphermoxjust need to update pbuilder first :)17:40
seb128ricotz, hi17:50
seb128tremolux, hi, don't forget to register your blueprints17:51
pittigood night everyone17:53
seb128'night pitti17:53
didrockshave a good evening pitti17:55
tremoluxseb128: will do  :)17:55
Cimiseb128: http://twitpic.com/2xb61d :-)17:59
cyphermoxseb128, gtk seems okay so far, though not done yet17:59
seb128Cimi, nice!18:04
seb128Cimi, I will try to get the git version in the ppa tomorrow18:04
seb128cyphermox: ok, it doesn't fail to build on the ppa builder, it just go on for hours not sure why18:04
Cimiseb128: I'd like to try by myself :)18:05
Cimigtk3-engines-murrine :)18:05
seb128Cimi, ok, great18:06
seb128Cimi, I can review your work when you think it's ready18:06
seb128just ping me when you have it in a vcs18:06
Cimiseb128: you mean the packaging stuff?18:07
seb128Cimi, what do you want to try yourself?18:11
Cimiseb128: yeah, if possible18:11
Cimiseb128: I'm sure I will make something not perfect18:12
Cimibut it might be useful to know how to package well18:12
Cimiseb128: I have a branch in git18:12
Cimiwith the source code18:12
seb128so what I suggested is that you do and ping me for review18:12
Cimido I need to import that branch in bzr?18:12
seb128so I can tell you what you did wrong18:12
Cimiok cool!18:13
seb128Cimi, git or bzr is your choice18:13
seb128we will have the official ubuntu packaging in bzr when we upload to ubuntu18:13
seb128but you work in git if you want18:13
cyphermoxseb128, gtk just finished, no issues18:16
seb128cyphermox: ok thanks18:17
seb128so it's a builder issue, great18:17
Cimiseb128: ping :)18:24
seb128Cimi, yes18:25
Cimijust wondering18:25
Cimidebian will be able to ship both murrine 0.98.1 and the gtk3 version18:25
Cimiwhat will happen with other distro?18:25
Cimibecause 3.0 is not retro compatible18:26
seb128Cimi, what do you mean?18:35
seb128Cimi, the gtk2 and gtk3 version will not conflicts18:35
seb128they will have different names for source and binaries and different locations on disk18:35
seb128should be the same for all distros18:35
Cimibut that's up to distro packagers, right?18:36
Cimijust wondering ;)18:36
Cimiseb128: how do I name/get the source file, as there's no snapshot?18:38
seb128Cimi, what I usually do is to make dist a git snapshot18:38
Cimiusing get-orig-source or18:39
Cimiand how to name it?18:39
Cimi0.98.? or adding daate?18:39
Cimiseb128: ^^18:39
seb128Cimi, 0.98.1+<date>18:40
seb128or rather which is the current tarball18:40
seb128date or git revision id18:40
seb128just <current-tarball>+<something making sense>18:41
seb128or similar18:41
cyphermoxin NM I use <last tagged release>+git.<date>.<short commit hash>18:42
seb128" just <current-tarball>+<something making sense>"18:42
seb128I think is the summary18:42
seb128then people use the date, or commit id or whatever18:42
seb128I usually don't bother with the commit since I don't do several snapshots a day18:42
seb128but I'm sure some people do ;-)18:43
Cimiseb128: but are you going to change the lib version as well, or just name the package18:45
seb128what lib?18:45
Cimii mean18:45
Cimiin configure.ac :)18:45
Cimiversioning of the software itself18:46
Ciminot just the name of the package18:46
seb128I usually don't bother18:46
seb128I make dist from git18:46
seb128then rename the tarball18:47
seb128and the unpackaged directory18:47
cyphermoxseb128, isn't there a debhelper script to do this?18:47
seb128dpkg-buildpackage will handle it just fine18:47
seb128cyphermox: there might, tell Cimi if there is one ;-)18:47
cyphermoxpedro_, hey :)18:47
seb128I just do it the old way18:47
seb128pedro_, hey, how are you?18:47
cyphermoxseb128, I can't remember, but checking my debian packages now :)18:48
pedro_hello seb128 cyphermox18:48
pedro_seb128, i'm good, thanks. what about you?18:48
pedro_congrats on the release btw folks!18:48
pedro_i wasn't around yesterday18:48
seb128pedro_, I'm fine thanks18:49
seb128pedro_, we missed you during the meeting, had to be a short meeting, no status updates, not bugs summary :p18:49
didrockshey pedro_ :)18:49
seb128ok, dinner time18:49
pedro_salut didrocks!18:50
pedro_enjoy seb12818:50
Cimiseb128: shall I leave bzr-vcs and current maintainer?18:57
CimiI'm using the deb dir from gtk2-engines-murrine18:57
cyphermoxCimi: maintainer you probably want to have updated ( update-maintainer will do this for you ), and bzr-vcs if it's the "master" branch e.g. lp:~ubuntu-desktop/.... then I think you'd want to leave it as is19:01
cyphermoxI may well be wrong though since I don't really know what you're doing ;)19:02
tedgAnyone know of a project that's done the gdbus port?19:04
tedgLooking for an example.19:04
Cimiwhat about the watch file from a local snapshot from git?19:04
cyphermoxCimi, if it's a snapshot you probably don't want anything in there, but you could leave it as is if it already has the links/regex for previous released tarballs19:05
Cimimany thanks19:05
cyphermoxe.g. if it already has the ftp.gnome.org regex and you're packing something from git.gnome.org, then leave it in.. that way the next release can be picked up by uscan19:06
Cimiseb128: ok, package done19:12
Cimiseb128: tell me later how can I share it with you :)19:12
seb128Cimi, don't bother with those yes19:24
seb128tedg, grep g_dbus /usr/bin/*19:25
seb128tedg, eog, evince, nautilus19:25
tedgseb128, Cool, never thought of using grep like that :)19:26
seb128tedg, ;-)19:27
=== al-maisan is now known as almaisan-away
seb128rickspencer3, still there?19:31
tedgseb128, Hmm, seems that grep picks up egg_dbus as well. :)19:31
seb128tedg, take nautilus19:33
tedgEvince is better because it exports objects as well.19:35
tedgBut it seems that there is no tool.  Real shame.19:35
seb128talk to davidz ;-)19:35
seb128rickspencer3, do you know if http://webapps.ubuntu.com/employment/canonical_UP-SE-RS1/ is an open position still?19:38
seb128rickspencer3, or is that one which got filled recently? pochu was wondering19:39
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
cyphermoxkenvandine, just tested w/ the NM version in maverick, and I see the same thing as you do re: states when suspending. With the pm-utils script enabled and disabled. Then I tested with the daily build with the pm-utils script disabled and I can't see the extra state change to NM_STATE_CONNECTED19:50
kenvandinecyphermox, ok, good19:55
cyphermoxso this will make it in natty :)19:55
kenvandinewhich is where i need it, great :)19:55
=== almaisan-away is now known as al-maisan
rickspencer3pochu, that position is still open20:39
rickspencer3I am still seeking the "perfect" person ;020:39
pochurickspencer3: I'll take my chance then :)20:46
* kenvandine is preparing an SRU for gwibber to get rid of the nasty libproxy crash!21:02
=== al-maisan is now known as almaisan-away
rickspencer3robert_ancell, welcomeback23:09
Cimihow long does take an uploaded package in a ppa to be shown in the ppa?23:10
CimiI meant shown, not built23:10
micahgCimi: usually about 5 minutes, but LP is undergoing maintenance for the next 2 hrs23:10
robert_ancellrickspencer3, hi!23:13
rickspencer3robert_ancell, I presume your time away was richly rewarding?23:15
robert_ancellrickspencer3, absolutely23:16
rickspencer3robert_ancell, so, it looks like we may have a new Engineer Manager, Desktop23:17
rickspencer3and ...23:17
rickspencer3he will be living ...23:17
rickspencer3in ...23:17
rickspencer3wait for it ...23:17
rickspencer3.au starting in November23:17
rickspencer3so, you'll have to take good care of him, as he will be be both joining the destkop team and moving to .au in the same like 2 month period of time23:18
robert_ancellrickspencer3, awesome, local manager!23:18
robert_ancellwhich city?23:18
rickspencer3robert_ancell, he's American, but his wife got a job in Australia23:18
rickspencer3don't know where he'll be living, but I think it's rather rural23:19
kieppiehi guys. is the ubuntu mobile (MID) now completely dead? I'd like to load the interface for my HTPC23:29
ubot2Factoid 'HTPC' not found23:33
RAOFrickspencer3: Good morning!23:37
kieppieRAOF: howdy23:38
RAOFLost the jetlag, I trust?23:38
* RAOF grumbles indistinctly about launchpad maintenance.23:39
kklimondaheh, it was *unexpected*.. and then I've recalled reading an email ;)23:39
ajmitchRAOF: it's fun to get OOPS messages instead of a downtime warning23:40
rickspencer3hi RAOF23:43

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!