mdg2In Lubuntu, I had to modprobe a sound card in an old, old laptop to get it work.  What do I need to do make sound config permanent?  What files and where?  Any help greatly appreciated :)01:35
phillwmdg2: I'd love to help, but it is not an area I'm familiar with :(01:38
mdg2phillw: thanks for replying :)01:39
mdg2phillw: how long you been using lubuntu?01:39
phillwmdg2: since 10.04, but everything works 'out of the box' for me.01:40
mdg2phillw: I'm guessing not so many people are using it on much older boxes?01:40
phillwmdg2: you can try the mailing list, I'm sure one of the guys will have an answer.01:41
phillwmdg2: oh, believe you me, they are doing so :)01:41
mdg2phillw: okay.  I will.  What things do you like about lubuntu?01:42
phillwmdg2: everything, it's a low resource desktop system that is completely up to date yet uses little resources.01:43
mdg2I have a sister version of lubuntu on a 1 GHz desktop (only problem for the user has been remembering how to change wallpaper, but that's now old hat for that person).01:44
phillwmdg2: you have an invite for offtopic01:44
mdg2phillw: I'm trying to help a new friend setup his lappy with sister version and havingt a terrible time with the sound card.01:44
head_victimmdg2: hang on I'll get a link for you02:06
head_victimmdg2: you just need to add whatever module it is called into the /etc/modules file02:09
mdg2head_victim: thanks02:10
head_victimmdg2: no worries, I was going to give you a link to instructions but then it turned out easier than I remembered it.02:10
mdg2head_victim: been confused what all I need to do - found info I needed to make a file in /ect/modprobe.d  - so confused :)02:10
head_victimAh nah I'd just add it to the /etc/modules so much easier02:11
mdg2head_victim: just the module name or more info than that?02:11
head_victimShould just be the module name02:12
mdg2head_victim: the person I am helping with this must be doing other stuff to his lappy02:13
head_victimOh, why's that?02:13
mdg2he says sometimes sound works and sometimes it doesn't02:14
head_victimThat is odd, if it's old there is always the possibility of hardware issues. If it needs to be probed semi-regularly to make it work I'd suggest just setting up a panel application that will modprobe the required module when clicked.02:15
mdg2head_victim: sounds hard02:15
head_victimNah not really.02:16
head_victimI have to go though, I'm meant to be painting02:16
mdg2head_victim: you mean like a script?02:16
head_victimYeah you should be able to add an icon that when clicked runs your modprobe so it's at least easier. But that's only if it needs to be done regularly. Weird that it's intermittant.02:17
mdg2head_victim: that's like the *.desktop thing with a script like "sudo modprobe ...."02:18
head_victimI think so, I'd help more but my Lubuntu PC is in pieces so hard to test out for you but I'm sure someone here could help or you could try the mailing list. But like I said, try the /etc/modules first and if it's still causing problems and needs to be done regularly then look into that.02:19
mdg2head_victim: will do!  Thanks for the great help - I feel much more assured now.02:21
=== |Slurpee|_ is now known as |Slurpee|
=== SuperHark is now known as MichealH
=== Micro is now known as Guest69416
leszekoh I noticed that its a sin to activate shared paging in vbox, uses 100% cpu power and pc becomes unusable xD10:12
=== SuperHark is now known as Michealh
=== Michealh is now known as MichealH
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== ChanServ changed the topic of #lubuntu to: The topic for #lubuntu is: There is a meeting in this room at 17:00GMT 1st December || 10.10 for Lubuntu has been released, please use the torrent at http://people.ubuntu.com/~gilir/lubuntu-10.10.iso.torrent. Documentation can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu
=== ChanServ changed the topic of #lubuntu to: ChanServ has changed the topic to: The topic for #lubuntu is: There is a meeting in this room on December 1st at 17:00 UTC (http://timeanddate.com/s/1wt5)|| 10.10 for Lubuntu has been released, please use the torrent at http://people.ubuntu.com/~gilir/lubuntu-10.10.iso.torrent. Documentation can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu
=== MichealH is now known as MichealH_
=== ChanServ changed the topic of #lubuntu to: The topic for #lubuntu is: There is a meeting in this room on December 1st at 17:00 UTC (http://timeanddate.com/s/1wt5)|| 10.10 for Lubuntu has been released, please use the torrent at http://people.ubuntu.com/~gilir/lubuntu-10.10.iso.torrent. Documentation can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu
=== MichealH_ is now known as MichealH
phillwgilir: hiyas boss :)16:51
gilirhi phillw :)16:52
gilireveryone ready for the meeting ? :)17:03
gilirok, let's begin it :)17:05
meetingologyMeeting started Wed Dec  1 17:05:15 2010 UTC.  The chair is gilir. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell.17:05
meetingologyUseful Commands: #topic #action #link #idea #voters #vote #chair #action #agreed #help #info #endmeeting.17:05
gilirhi everyone17:05
gilirwelcome to the 1st project meeting for Lubuntu :)17:05
giliryou can find the agenda on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Meetings/2010120117:06
gilir#link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Meetings/2010120117:06
gilir[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Meetings/2010120117:07
gilirplease say hello to appear in the logs :)17:07
gilirok so this meeting is mostly to discuss applications by default on Lubuntu17:08
gilirwe already have discussion on the mailing list, but you can add comments about the differents item here17:09
gilirwe have some items on the agenda, we will discuss each on them17:10
subdeeare we discussing them in order of appearance in the agenda list?17:10
gilirif you want to add another one, we can do it after all the items17:10
gilirsubdee, yes17:10
gilirok let's start17:11
gilir[TOPIC] Archiver : File-roller over Xarchiver17:11
=== meetingology changed the topic of #lubuntu to: Archiver : File-roller over Xarchiver
meetingologyTOPIC: Archiver : File-roller over Xarchiver17:11
gilir1st item is the archiver17:11
gilirI propose to replace the current one (xarchiver) by file-roller, the one in Ubuntu17:12
gilirfeedbacks are good about this on the mailing answers17:12
phillwit makes sense to use one from the repos that has support.17:13
gilirand since it's used on Ubuntu, we should have a good support from other Ubuntu team17:13
gilirand less works for us :)17:13
gilirphillw, yes, it's the main argument for the switch17:13
phillwless work for such a small team can only be an advantage, plus it allows other teams to support lubuntu more easily.17:14
gilirif no ones have concern about it, let's do switch :)17:15
gilirphillw, yes, it's about support, but also about testing17:15
gilirbut it applies for other items than the archiver :)17:16
phillwas I see it, it is a win - win situation for lubuntu if we switch, the development, testing and support17:16
gilirI think it's ok, for this item17:16
gilir[ACTION] Set archiver to file-roller in lubuntu seed and default handler for archive in lubuntu-default-settings17:17
meetingologyACTION: Set archiver to file-roller in lubuntu seed and default handler for archive in lubuntu-default-settings17:17
gilir[TOPIC] Remove Cheese17:18
=== meetingology changed the topic of #lubuntu to: Remove Cheese
meetingologyTOPIC: Remove Cheese17:18
gilirthere is 2 reasons behind the proposal of removing cheese17:18
gilir1. the new version will require clutter, which is not "lightweight friendly"17:18
gilir2. I don't think it's really essential on a default installation17:19
gilirfor me the reason 1. is enough to remove it17:20
giliron mailing, most of people doesn't use really cheese17:20
phillwAgreed, if someone has webcam, cam etc; they can always add it from the repos. I'll add a note to the wiki area for those wishing such functionallity.17:20
subdeeis there an alternative?17:20
gilirthe only problem I can see if the lose of the ability to test the webcam17:21
gilirsubdee, someone mention guvcview on the mailing list17:21
subdeefor a typical desktop user, taking photos and videos instantly from his webcam is a nice feature17:22
phillwgilir: I can easily add a section to the wiki about webcam support.17:22
gilirguvcview is in the repo, so we can at least test it to see if it's good enough for the purpose of testing17:23
WiebelhausAlso VLC can do it.17:24
gilirphillw, yes, but it's quite usefull to have a test for webcam directly in the live-cd :)17:24
gilirWiebelhaus, yes, but we can't add vlc just for testing the webcam :)17:24
gilirIMO, it's a small use-case17:25
WiebelhausYar , Was responding to subdee but didn't name him , my bad.17:25
phillwgilir: has anyone tried out guvcview?17:25
Wiebelhaus@phillw , Yes It's great.17:26
meetingologyWiebelhaus: Error: "phillw" is not a valid command.17:26
gilirphillw, I don't think so, it was just mentionned on the mailing list17:26
phillwgilir: maybe worth investigating a little further, to see what resources it uses.17:26
gilirWiebelhaus, is it just a test for the webcam, or do you have some options ?17:26
WiebelhausNo options , I'd say let them pull it from repos if they need it.17:27
gilirok, so we can ask for testing on the mailing list, and add it to the seed later17:28
gilirit's not critical, so we can wait a bit more on this item :)17:29
gilir[ACTION] Remove cheese from the lubuntu seed17:30
meetingologyACTION: Remove cheese from the lubuntu seed17:30
gilir[ACTION] Call for testing for guvcview on the mailing list17:31
meetingologyACTION: Call for testing for guvcview on the mailing list17:31
gilirI think it's ok on this one too, let's go the next item17:31
gilir[TOPIC] Display-manager : LightDM over LXDM17:32
=== meetingology changed the topic of #lubuntu to: Display-manager : LightDM over LXDM
meetingologyTOPIC: Display-manager : LightDM over LXDM17:32
gilirIt's a bit similar to the archiver choise17:32
gilirLightDM will probably be the next display manager for Ubuntu (planned for 11.10)17:33
phillwgilir: is it as low on resource usage as LXDM?17:33
gilirwe can share some work by moving to this17:33
gilirphillw, it's similair when I tested it17:34
gilirit's/it was17:34
gilirthe main problem is that it's currently not ready17:34
giliras it's targed for 11.10, the priority is not on this17:35
gilirfor the Ubuntu teams17:35
phillwit gets my vote, then. any thing that works and reduces the workload on you people is good for me. We can always stay with LXDM for 11.04 and re-visit it in 11.10 if you prefer.17:35
gilirphillw, yes17:35
gilirthere is still some work to do to make it useable17:36
gilirbut when it will be finished, I think we can at least test it on some alpha release17:36
gilirI already plan to maintain LXDM, so we have a backup17:37
phillwgilir: maybe plan it for 11.10 as ubuntu are going to do. That makes absolute sense to me to try it in the alphas of 11.1017:37
gilirphillw, of course yes :)17:38
gilirbut I really would like to switch earlier, because maintaining a display manager is not really easy17:38
phillwgilir: are you confident you can have it running for 11.04? I'm only thinking of the time you will have to spend on it.17:39
gilirthat's why I propose to test the switch for this release17:39
gilirphillw, fortunatly, I'm not alone on this :)17:40
phillwgilir: let's go for it, you have a backup plan (I love Plan 'B's) :D17:40
phillwif it is still having issues when we approach beta, we can switch back to LXDM?17:41
gilirok, so let's go to this plan17:41
gilirphillw, yes, LXDM is more or less ready now17:42
gilirLXDM doesn't require a lot of works now17:42
phillwthat's totally okay with me, my only concern was additional workload on you, but as you have stated it is not just you - let's give a workout :)17:43
giliralso, there was no real objections on the mailing, just the same concerns than mine from pcman17:43
gilir[ACTION] Set LightDM to the Lubuntu seed when it's available in Natty and majors bugs are solved17:44
meetingologyACTION: Set LightDM to the Lubuntu seed when it's available in Natty and majors bugs are solved17:44
gilirok, next topic17:44
gilir[TOPIC] Control Center17:44
=== meetingology changed the topic of #lubuntu to: Control Center
meetingologyTOPIC: Control Center17:44
gilirFollowing the disucssion on the mailing, we have 4 choices17:45
gilir1. Do nothing17:45
gilir2. Include pcmanfm control center17:45
gilir3. Include lubuntu-control-center17:46
gilir4. Include tuquito control-center17:46
subdeetuquito looked nice but haven't used it tbh17:47
gilirIMO, since 2. exist, and people requests a control center, 1. is a No17:47
phillwI'd prefer to discount 1. which then leaves the choice of which we are going to use17:47
phillwhow is pcmanfm control center coming along?17:47
gilirphillw, it's already working17:47
gilirthe only modification to do is to add it to the main menu17:48
phillwas we use pcmanfm, maybe that would be the logical choice?17:48
gilirphillw, IMO, it's a minimal choice17:48
subdeeaccording to this blog, tuquito is pretty light http://lubuntublog.blogspot.com/2010/11/tuquito-control-center.html17:48
gilirit's just pcmanfm launched with icons :)17:48
phillwgilir: we are not going to get much lighter on resources and RAM than that, are we?17:49
gilirsubdee, tuquido have several advantages : it's dynamic and modular17:49
gilirit automaticly hides and shows available applications in an organized way17:50
gilirphillw, no, because we use something already running17:50
gilirit's just free :)17:50
gilirsubdee, but the bad points : we need to upload to the Ubuntu repo, to maintain it there, and it problably need more tweaking (like on the theme)17:51
gilirI also really like this control-center :) But it needs some work to make it work properly in Lubuntu17:52
gilirin short term, we can add pcmanfm as a control-center, and keep a eye on tuquito (maybe work a bit on it if we have time and motivation :))17:53
gilirif we think it's good enough during the cycle, we can put it in later17:54
gilirwe can do the same for lubuntu-control-center17:55
gilirok, nobody seems against this :)17:56
phillwgilir: again, it is something that be re-addressed at 11.10, if pcmanfm control center is working now, I'd go with that for the 11.04 cycle.17:56
gilirat least, I will add pcmanfm as a control-center, l-c-c or tuquido are now ready, so we can wait more17:57
gilirnow ready / not ready17:57
gilirphillw, yes, we can discuss this again in the next release, like any part of the seed :)17:58
phillwget's my vote :)17:58
gilir[ACTION] Add pcmanfm "control-center" to the menu17:59
meetingologyACTION: Add pcmanfm "control-center" to the menu17:59
gilirok, now the big one :)17:59
gilir[TOPIC] Music player18:00
=== meetingology changed the topic of #lubuntu to: Music player
meetingologyTOPIC: Music player18:00
gilirthe problem for this one, is that no proposed candidate is really better than the others18:01
bioterrorI think we should stick with the audacious?18:01
phillw+1 from your last email, gilir18:01
gilirbioterror, according to my review, yes18:02
gilir[LINK] https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-desktop/msg02886.html18:02
phillwit will keep rafael off the streets mugging grandmothers if he has to design a new skin :P18:02
gilirI was not sure about the better candidate, so I spend some time to evaluate 3 candidate : aqualung (actual) deadbeef and audacious18:02
gilirphillw, yes, having the possibility to use "winamp type" skins will be esaier for him I think :)18:03
bioterrormaybe deadbeef shall see 11.1018:03
gilirbioterror, I don't want to disucuss this topic for each release :)18:04
bioterrorfor me music is everyday thing18:04
phillwas Audacious seems better at handling large music libraries, and some of us do have large music libraries, as the RAM and CPU is similar - along with skinning I do think Audacious edges it.18:04
bioterrorand I bet for many other it is too18:04
gilirof course, if there are improvements, we can still review it again18:05
gilirbioterror, yes :)18:05
bioterror(i've solved my problem with MOC ;)18:05
phillwI don't think deadbeef is quite ready yet, although it does show a lot of promise.18:06
bioterrorshould the player be mainted? like in a real repository? not ppa18:06
gilirphillw, the package is more or less ready, so I can at least upload it to Ubuntu, so people have the choice18:07
gilirbioterror, ^^18:07
giliralso a good point for me, audacious is well maintained by other people :)18:09
phillwfor the reasons I gave above, I think Audacious does edge it as the lead contender. If it is also well maintained that is another plus for choosing it.18:10
gilirI also didn't have objections on my review18:11
gilirso, we can consider it as a go :)18:11
phillw+1 from me18:12
gilir[ACTION] Replace aqualung with audacious and audacious-plugins in lubuntu seed and default applications18:12
meetingologyACTION: Replace aqualung with audacious and audacious-plugins in lubuntu seed and default applications18:12
gilirok I finished my items18:13
bioterror+1 for audacious, it has almost same interface as deadbeef18:13
gilir[TOPIC] 10.04.1 (two bugs)18:13
=== meetingology changed the topic of #lubuntu to: 10.04.1 (two bugs)
meetingologyTOPIC: 10.04.1 (two bugs)18:13
gilirphillw, ^^ :)18:13
phillwgilir: I know you've been real busy, but do you have a realistic time scale for 10.10.1 (sorry I got the issue version wrong)?18:14
gilirphillw, yes :)18:15
phillwgilir: I don't suppose you'd like to share it? :D18:15
gilirI would like to test the fix I made for the os-prober issue with the natty alpha 118:16
gilirif it's good, we can start to work on the 10.10.118:16
gilirI have in fact 4 bugs that I want to fix in 10.10.118:16
phillwokies, it's just we were running on "a couple of weeks after UDS-N"18:16
gilirphillw, yes, sorry one of the fix was a bit too long18:17
phillwsounds like a nice point fix release, then :)18:17
* gilir is searching the list of bugs 18:18
phillwIt is only so I can let others know.18:18
gilir1. os-prober issue : https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-meta/+bug/66553018:18
ubot5Ubuntu bug 665530 in lubuntu-meta (Ubuntu) "[lubuntu 10.10] grub2 cannot detect Windows 7" [Undecided,In progress]18:18
phillwthere are two re-occuring ones on the release notes.18:19
gilirthis one need a test with natty alpha 118:19
gilir2. wrong pdf viewer : https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-default-settings/+bug/65733518:20
ubot5Ubuntu bug 657335 in lubuntu-default-settings (Ubuntu Maverick) "Wrong pdf viewer set by default on Lubuntu settings" [Undecided,Fix committed]18:20
giliralready fixed in natty18:20
gilir3. support for samba etc ... https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-meta/+bug/67521218:21
ubot5Ubuntu bug 675212 in lubuntu-meta (Ubuntu Maverick) "Add gvfs-backends to lubuntu-desktop" [Undecided,Confirmed]18:21
gilireasy to fix, should be fix shortly in natty18:21
gilir4. lxdm not able to run with encrypted home : https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxdm/+bug/55458318:22
ubot5Ubuntu bug 554583 in lxdm (Ubuntu) "lubuntu cannot start programs if home-folder encryption is active" [Medium,Fix released]18:22
gilirthis one need an additional fix, but it should be ok on natty shortly also18:22
phillwgilir 1 and 3 are the ones that create the most 'chatter' on support.18:23
gilirexcept the os-prober fix, all is ready18:23
phillwgreat :)18:23
gilirphillw, yes :-/ but 4 is also critical, because 10.04 works with encryted home18:23
phillwquite so, and it will bork someone's system18:24
giliryes :(18:24
gilirphillw, do you want to add anything else ?18:25
phillwnope, all done. Thanks for the update.18:25
gilir[TOPIC] New Wiki Area18:25
=== meetingology changed the topic of #lubuntu to: New Wiki Area
meetingologyTOPIC: New Wiki Area18:25
gilirphillw, ^^ this one is for you also :)18:27
phillwAs part of the switch over to 'standard' wiki "rules" several of us are in the process of transferring over the support documentation to where it "should" live. We're just awaiting clearance on another page before we do do the mass transfer18:27
phillwAuto re-drirects will be set up from the existing area, we are not being idle but really do not want have to this excercise twice :)18:28
phillw*to do this*18:28
phillwthere is also some discussions going on about accessibillity on the format, so things are little confused at the moment.18:29
gilirphillw, on which page there is a problem for the tranfer ?18:31
phillwgilir: there is no problem, Jared (head_victim) had the 1st page approved, he has now done a 2nd one; we are just awaiting confirmation that the formatting is okay as when we transfer the pages over we have to manually reformat each one. We'd rather only have to do that once :)18:33
gilirphillw, ok :)18:33
gilirjust keep us inform when you do the big move :)18:34
phillwgilir: I chose the most picky person to validate them, if they pass him, they will pass any inspection :D18:34
gilirgreat :)18:35
phillwgilir: once they're all transferred, we will simply set up auto diverts from the exisiting area, so any one who has bookmarked stuff will be taken straight over to the new area.18:35
phillwI know that was a concern, but it can be done.18:36
gilirphillw, it's important that it can be done, it's annoying to bookmark a documentation and loose it when the location change18:37
phillwI've seen it in action, it works perfectly.18:37
gilirI think I also see it on some of my old bookmark on some ubuntu wiki pages :)18:38
phillwit is another reason why we are not rushing things. It really is a massive undertaking and we want to get it right first time :)18:38
gilirphillw, so only documentation and stuff about developement and coordination for the project will stay on wiki.ubuntu.com ?18:39
phillwyes, the support stuff moves over to the new area, with diverts from the existing area.18:41
gilirok :)18:42
gilirphillw, anything to add ?18:42
phillwMy list of thank you's for this will be a long one :)18:42
phillwthat's me done :D18:42
gilir[TOPIC] Other topics18:43
=== meetingology changed the topic of #lubuntu to: Other topics
meetingologyTOPIC: Other topics18:43
phillwdate time of next meeting?18:43
giliranyone have anything to add ?18:43
gilirnext project meeting is on December, 1918:44
phillwmeeting room is free all day, pick a time :D18:44
gilirand on December, 10, there is the first Bug day18:44
gilirphillw, we just need to set a time for this :)18:45
phillwonly 16:00-17:00 UTC booked on that day.18:45
=== MichealH is now known as Guest27431
gilirphillw, last time we done it on 15 UTC18:47
gilirI'll propose it on the mailing list18:47
phillwfor bug day, or project? Yeah, if you can. then just head over to http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar and get the room booked. (Saves me getting nagged)18:48
=== Guest27431 is now known as MichealH
gilir[ACTION] Propose a time for the next project meeting18:48
meetingologyACTION: Propose a time for the next project meeting18:48
gilirphillw, only the project meeting, bug day will be special :)18:49
gilirI don't think there will be a real meeting, just a 24h support and help on the chan for bug reports :)18:49
phillwgilir: bug day is lubuntu specific, so holding it on here is okay. But it has been 'hinted' that our project meetings be help on the meeting room :P18:50
gilirphillw, it's ok for next project meeting :)18:50
gilirAnything else ?18:51
phillwyou can book 2 hours if you wish.18:51
EG_linuxhey lads! :D18:51
gilirI hope it will be shorter :)18:51
phillwit should be, we've got the apps out of the way :)18:52
* phillw proposes #endmeeting18:52
EG_linuxi've just started to use lubuntu! :) and i wonder, can i access shared network files that i have shared out on my windooze machine? :)18:52
=== meetingology changed the topic of #lubuntu to: The topic for #lubuntu is: There is a meeting in this room on December 1st at 17:00 UTC (http://timeanddate.com/s/1wt5)|| 10.10 for Lubuntu has been released, please use the torrent at http://people.ubuntu.com/~gilir/lubuntu-10.10.iso.torrent. Documentation can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu
meetingologyMeeting ended Wed Dec  1 18:52:48 2010 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell . (v 0.1.4)18:52
meetingologyMinutes:        http://mootbot.libertus.co.uk/lubuntu/2010/lubuntu.2010-12-01-17.05.moin.txt18:52
giliroops I forget ...18:53
phillwEG_linux: yeas you can, it was something that fell off the lubuntu iso, give me one moment.18:53
gilirthanks everyone for this meeting :)18:53
phillwEG_linux: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ReleaseNotes/MaverickMeerkat/#Network%20File%20Browsing%20with%20PCManFM18:54
phillwgilir: thank you for your time, I know you are really busy and it is good of you to take time out and let us all know where the project is heading.18:54
EG_linuxoh btw. if you want to geek around and have a random shit chatter channel you can visit my channel here on freenode :) if you want. the name is #electricguy. have live stream, speechbot and stuff too :) so you know, just in case you are bored sometime :)18:55
EG_linuxtnx phillw gonna check that link! :)18:55
gilirphillw, it's important to have regular meetings :)18:55
phillwit's been a while since the last one :P18:55
gilirthanks the bot, the logs / summary /details of teh meeting is already done !18:56
phillwgilir: that's what it is here for :)18:57
phillwgilir: AlanBell: is one of those other 'very nice' people :)18:57
gilirAlanBell, this bot is just great, thanks a lot :)18:58
Newkhi.. since an update of linux kernel i can not start X. it states "no screens found" did more people suffered from this? can i fix this without reinstalling all of Lubuntu again?18:58
Wiebelhausxorg.conf is shot , you can remove it via cli or safe start and reconfig.18:59
Newki think i looked there and there was no xorg.conf19:00
Newkhow to reconfig?19:00
WiebelhausChoose from grub recovery and you'll have options to reconfigure X19:00
NewkfailsafeX ?19:01
Newki did without succes19:01
EG_linuxok, thakns for the little help guys and gals! :) might visit you some other time in the future! see ya all! :)19:02
Newki have to say that i used some nvidia hack that enabled GLX again for my Geforce419:02
WiebelhausDid you use some third party GUI to install nv drivers?19:03
Newki tried reinstalling xorg drivers from aptitude.. it did not seem to help19:04
WiebelhausIf so , Reinstall , There's no telling what happened.19:04
Newki did used some command line procedure to install a hacked driver i think...19:05
Newkoh bummer to reinstall all of lubuntu... can anyone confirm that there is now hardware acceleration for legacy (geforce4) nvidia in propriarity drivers?19:06
Newk(i think i misspelled that)19:07
Newkotherwise i wont install 10.10 but 10.04 again19:08
phillwNewk: you'd be better checking on http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=334 If it has been dropped, stay with 10.04, as the team have promised to support 10.04 beta as if it were an LTS19:13
WiebelhausYep , But in any case always use driver jockey to obtain your drivers19:13
WiebelhausLubuntu Preferences>Additional Drivers19:14
Newkokay thanx Wiebelhaus and phillw !!19:14
WiebelhausNo worries.19:14
=== ChanServ changed the topic of #lubuntu to: There is a Hug a Bug day, all day on 10th December for lubuntu|| 10.10 for Lubuntu has been released, please use the torrent at http://people.ubuntu.com/~gilir/lubuntu-10.10.iso.torrent. Documentation can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu
=== ChanServ changed the topic of #lubuntu to: 10.10 for Lubuntu has been released, please use the torrent at http://people.ubuntu.com/~gilir/lubuntu-10.10.iso.torrent. Documentation can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu || There is a Hug a Bug day, all day on 10 th December for Lubuntu, bring along your bugs :)

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!