=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== awolfson is now known as awolfson-afk
=== Guest86859 is now known as AndrewMC
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann_
=== oubiwann_ is now known as oubiwann
=== mhall119_ is now known as mhall119
MootBotMeeting started at 08:59. The chair is NCommander.14:59
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]14:59
janimohello all15:00
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2011/2011010615:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2011/2011010615:00
NCommanderNo items standing from last meeting15:01
NCommander[topic] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel.html15:01
MootBotNew Topic:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel.html15:01
NCommander[topic] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel-natty-alpha-2.html15:01
MootBotNew Topic:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel-natty-alpha-2.html15:01
rsalvetiwe're bad15:02
NCommanderburndown chart looks really bad15:02
ograwhere are the canonical-arm charts please ?15:02
ograthere is still time until a215:02
NCommanderogra: there's identicial to the ubuntu-arel, and this is the ubuntu ARMl meeting15:02
ograand a rally inbetween15:02
rsalvetiand next week we can see what can be moved to alpha-315:03
rsalvetiand discuss better15:03
NCommander[link] http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/natty/canonical-arm.html15:03
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pitti/workitems/natty/canonical-arm.html15:03
NCommanderoverall wI progress15:03
NCommander[link] http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/team-assigned/canonical-arm-assigned-bug-tasks.html15:03
MootBotLINK received:  http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/team-assigned/canonical-arm-assigned-bug-tasks.html15:03
rsalvetiogra: ^15:03
NCommanderAssigned bug page has really grown crazy15:03
NCommanderdefiniately need to do some work (all of us) on cleaning it out15:04
rsalvetimy bugs are mostly just waiting uploads15:04
rsalvetithe kernel team just updated the master branch for maverick, so we should see a new kernel at the proposed15:04
ograsome of mine are moot15:04
rsalvetiand that will fix some of my bugs15:05
ograand need a decision if i drop them15:05
ograbut then i only have 515:05
marjoogra: what decision do you need?15:05
rsalvetiogra: there's still the alsa-utils bug, that's not open I guess15:05
ograNCommander, what do you think is crazy about it ? looks pretty good to me15:05
rsalvetiyeah, looks ok for me too15:05
ograrsalveti, yeah, tegh linux upload closed it15:05
janimoit is definitely not exhaustive15:06
NCommanderogra: davidm said we need to work towards clearing it out15:06
rsalvetiI'm more worried about the WI than the bugs15:06
janimobut I guess ftbfs bugs are a separate issue15:06
ogramarjo, there are some packages we dont have anymore and i need to decide if i want to work on them or not15:06
marjoogra: ack15:06
ograjanimo, yeah, we dont treat them separately with bugs15:06
rsalvetithere are some quite old ones for persia, but he's not around for weeks :-(15:06
NCommanderalso some for dyfet that should be cleared15:07
janimorsalveti, still many are filed as bugs nontheless15:07
ograbut all in all we only have 21 bugs on that page15:07
davidmIf anyone sees persia please let him know I'm trying to reach him15:07
ogradoesnt look problematic to me15:07
* janimo wishes those were linked form the qa ftbfs page15:07
ogradavidm, what worries you about that page ?15:07
rsalvetidavidm: is there anyone else from canonical at japan?15:07
rsalvetimaybe trying a hard ping, to see if he'sok15:08
davidmrsalveti, not that I know of15:08
* NCommander would stop in Japan in RL if I had any trans-Pacific travel planned :-/15:08
rsalvetiyeah, we can just send NCommander over there15:08
ograNCommander, quick, just plan one15:08
rsalvetihehe, as he loves traveling15:08
ograjust fly to dallas through tokio15:09
GrueMasterYes, he does.15:09
ograjust a minor extra leg to do15:09
ogradavidm, what worries you about http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/team-assigned/canonical-arm-assigned-bug-tasks.html ?15:09
NCommanderogra: pft, GrueMaster could trivially do it while going to Bellingham, WA :-P15:09
ogramany of these are either reminders (in emmets case) or will be solved togerther with other fixes (my flash-kernel ones) or are already in progress (rsalvetis)15:10
* NCommander will work on clearing some on his15:11
NCommanderanyway, can I move on?15:11
ograyou only have two15:11
davidmogra, that is part of it15:11
ograand dont be worried about the WI tracker15:11
ogralets revisit after the rally15:11
davidmthere is also the armel bugs in general but that is shared with Linaro and community15:11
ograwe usually get 30% done during a sprint15:11
ogradavidm, sure15:12
davidmYea, I expect next week with be a good one15:12
* ogra plans to implement the whole jasper rewrite 15:12
ograwhich should clean out the majority of my tasks15:12
ograand if i manage i'll finish the PPA builder image too15:12
ograwhat will you guys focus on ?15:13
rsalvetinice, lot of fun work to do :-)15:13
NCommander[topic] Kernel Status (cooloney)15:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Status (cooloney)15:13
rsalvetiok, moving to kernel15:13
ograwould be good to coordinate that while we're at the Wi tracker topic15:13
ograhrm, we arent anymore15:13
rsalvetiomap 3 kernel is up again15:13
rsalvetithanks to apw15:13
NCommanderhrm no cody-sooloney15:13
rsalvetiI can report from him15:13
ogrameta was just uploaded15:13
rsalvetiNCommander: also, you can put my name on this topic15:13
rsalvetias I'm mostly working with kernel bugs all the time15:14
NCommanderrsalveti: will do15:14
rsalvetiand for omap 4 there was only one upload15:14
ograomap4 had an upload too15:14
NCommanderjust ell me when to proceed15:14
rsalvetifixing bug 69446115:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 694461 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu Maverick) "kernel config missing CONFIG_TASK_ options for iotop to work" [Low,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/69446115:14
rsalvetiwe still don't have any image, but we'll need a new x-loader upload15:14
rsalvetithe package is ready and tested15:14
rsalvetiwill poke ogra during the sprint :-)15:14
rsalvetiprobably on monday15:15
ograi'll try to get omap3 rolling tomorrow15:15
rsalvetiand no other news from TI15:15
ograthough it will fail due to u-boot too15:15
ograwaiting for lool still15:15
ograif there wasnt a u-boot upload by end of my day tomorrow, i'll do one myself15:15
rsalvetialso, finally there was one update at maverick's kernel15:15
rsalvetishould be on proposed soon15:16
ograto be over-synced by the debian upload from lool15:16
rsalvetiGrueMaster: that will close a lot of bugs15:16
rsalvetias the last upload was from mid december15:16
rsalvetiguess that's all from kernel15:16
NCommander[topic] QA Status (GrueMaster)15:17
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Status (GrueMaster)15:17
GrueMasterNo images since Dec. 14.  Testing limited to dist-update only.15:17
GrueMasterPython update caused a bit of a headache as it killed checkbox.  This was recently fixed.15:17
GrueMasterFirefox is still broken.15:18
GrueMasterBugs are filed (don't have numbers off hand).15:18
rsalvetiGrueMaster: are you able to successfully open the X server and the usual efl session?15:18
rsalvetiyou said you had some issues in the past with that15:18
GrueMasterI will be making a dup of my ports.ubuntu.com mirror to bring.  I can keep it up to date there.15:19
GrueMasternetbook-efl works again (I think).  Not sure if it was a setting that got clobbered.15:19
ograi thought elmo brings one anyway15:19
GrueMasterHe usually only has x86/amd64.15:19
rsalvetioh, ok15:19
rsalvetimaybe we can request that15:20
GrueMasterMeh.   I have one locally.15:20
janimoGrueMaster, firefox broken in what way? Crashes on startup?15:20
GrueMasterNot that hard for me to dup.15:20
GrueMasterFirefox crashes on startup, yes.15:20
rsalvetijanimo: sounds fun for you :-)15:20
NCommanderGrueMaster: elmo always had ports to my knowledge15:20
janimorsalveti, indeed15:20
ograyeah, i thought that too15:20
rsalvetijanimo: by the way, you're doing a great job on the ftbfs15:21
ograjanimo, well, you have chrisccoulson there ... we can just corner him until he fixes15:21
NCommanderanyway, I'm going to move on15:21
GrueMasterHm.  Firefox appears to be working again.  Must have fixed in an update yesterday.15:21
NCommander[topic] ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, janimo)15:21
ograthe ftbfs never looked that good at that time of release15:21
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, janimo)15:21
janimoogra, if it is arm specific I can look into it15:21
* NCommander didn't mean to change topic but ..15:22
ograonly 70 packages15:22
NCommanderFTBFS list looks outstanding15:22
rsalvetiyeah, quite ok15:22
GrueMasterOops, nevermind.  Wrong image.15:22
ograand that includes universe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!15:22
janimoquite a lot are haskell ones, which should be fine once (when) ghc6 builds ok15:22
ograjanimo, you rock !!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!one15:22
NCommander+1 janimo15:22
NCommandershall he get much free beer atthe rally15:22
janimothank, I didn;t think I did that much actually15:22
ogradavidm, can you request that as expense15:23
ogra"get janimo lots of drinks"15:23
NCommanderogra: nah 'Developer Fuel'15:23
NCommandermuch easier to pass by uppe rmanagement :-)15:23
ograanyway, move i guess15:23
NCommander[topic] ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)15:23
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)15:23
ograRiddell, removed uboot-mkimage on dec. 14th15:24
ograthat broke all image builds15:24
ograuboot-mkimage is supposed to be replaced by a new u-boot package from debian15:24
ograwhich didnt get its MIR approved15:24
ograbecause it builds bootloader binaries as well as the toold15:24
ograso we are waiting for a split package from debian that splits out the tools15:25
ogralool committed that upstream in debian15:25
ograbut it wasnt uploaded there yet15:25
ograif we dont get that new package by tomorrow evening i'll do an upload myself15:25
ografrom the git tree15:26
NCommandercool, thanks ogra15:26
ograso we will have overcome that issue15:26
NCommandercan I move on?15:26
rsalvetithen we should be fine again, at least getting images15:26
ograbut that willo not guarantee tghat the images build15:26
ograsince we dont know how out of sync the archive is15:26
rsalvetiwell, we'll move ahead of one bug :-)15:26
ograbeyond that ...15:26
ograwe will need to spend a lot of time next week on the seeds15:27
rsalvetibut over the weekend we generally get a stable archive15:27
ograyou never know who uploads crap before steppping on the plane15:27
rsalvetiheheh, true15:27
NCommander[topic] AOB15:27
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB15:27
ograi wouldnt count on a stable archive15:27
NCommanderno IRC meeting next week15:27
ograwhat is who working on next week ?15:27
* ogra already outlined his plans above15:28
rsalvetiI'll be working on the gles stuff and try to work on the core boot update15:28
ograhow are yours15:28
rsalvetibut that one depends on the arch detect stuff from Nafallo15:28
* NCommander has his Texian visa15:28
janimoI'll work on packaging qemu-linaro and miniamkl devel images15:28
rsalvetijanimo: nice15:28
rsalvetithen we can change rootstock and test over there15:28
GrueMasterI'll be focused on checkbox.15:29
NCommandermostly work items, and archdetect since cjwatson will be accessible15:29
NCommanderalso other stuff15:29
NCommanderclosing meeting in 315:29
ogradavidm, how is the status for the build cluster ?15:29
ograNCommander, can you wait ?15:29
ograwe still have 30min15:29
davidmbuild cluster is stalled until panda boards ship15:30
ograwhat HW do we need to bring15:30
rsalvetitalking about hardware, please make sure we're bringing yours panda15:30
ograand who brings what ?15:30
davidmI'm hoping to see them soonish15:30
rsalvetiI'll also bring one xM15:30
davidmEveryone should bring panda's15:30
davidmand their cables15:30
rsalvetijanimo: anything you're missing at your setup?15:30
davidmWe will get monitors as needed15:30
GrueMasterI'll have 2 pandas, beagle, XM, and my flyswatter.15:30
* NCommander has his AC100, and will help with GrueMaster's pandas15:31
janimorsalveti, no, all is fine15:31
ogrado i need to bring both pandas ?15:31
rsalvetione should be fine15:31
ograor am i fine with one ?15:31
ograi heard linaro has some need15:31
rsalvetithe latest and the greatest15:31
janimodoing only headeless work now, but monitor works too15:31
GrueMasterAlso contemplating bringing a core2duo MB to use for builds and other stuff.15:31
ogrado we want to help them out ?15:31
rsalvetidepends on how much time we'll have15:31
rsalvetibut for sure, we can help15:31
* ogra will also bring his ac100 and the genesi netbook15:32
janimoI like how fast the panda is actually15:32
loolNB: mkimage removal was actually requested by bdrung who apologized for the inconvenience, and I'm myself waiting for Clint to comment on u-boot-tools before upload, but it can be taken from Debian git and uploaded to Ubuntu if you block on it15:32
GrueMasterI'll also bring my blaze.  I hope to either upgrade it or offload it.15:32
rsalvetiGrueMaster: yeah, good idea15:32
ogralool, yes, but not checked by the archive admin who removed it15:32
ogralool, and yes, it needs to be in ubuntu this weel15:33
ogralool, we need working images ready on monday15:33
ograGrueMaster, offload ?15:33
ograto whom ?15:33
GrueMasterpreferably would be nice to have images by tomorrow.15:33
ograwe wont15:34
rsalvetiogra: well, we'll be at dallas15:34
NCommanderGrueMaster: that's extremely unlikely15:34
ograMIR isnt approved15:34
GrueMasterI'll leave it with davidm to return to TI if I can't get it upgraded.15:34
ograi expect to get the MIR approved on monday earliest15:34
rsalvetithere will be some TI folks too during the sprint15:34
ogramost MIR team members are travelling15:34
ograGrueMaster, it can bve upgraded at some point15:35
ograyou should really keep the shell15:35
* NCommander has nothng else on Dallas15:35
GrueMasterI asked for an upgrade at the TI sprint.  still waiting.  If it isn't going to be upgraded this cycle, I would rather it go to someone that can use it.15:35
ogranobody can use it15:36
ograwithout upgraded core board15:36
ograso it wont help anyone15:36
NCommanderanything else w.r.t. to the rally, or can I close now?15:36
rsalvetiI'm fine now15:37
loologra: what's breaking your image right now?15:37
GrueMasterrsalveti: Bring coffee beans.15:37
janimothere's no schedule, we just show up and work on what we discuss there15:37
rsalvetiGrueMaster: oh, sure15:37
ogralool, missing mkimage15:37
NCommandergoing once15:37
ogralool, it fails to install jasper due to the missing dep15:37
ogralool, lets take that to -arm, NCommander is in a rush again15:38
NCommandergoing once15:38
NCommanderthree times15:38
MootBotMeeting finished at 09:38.15:38
loolI wanted to ask about topics for the workshop15:39
loolI didn't get replies to my email yet15:39
ograhmm, to late, we listed the specs above at least15:39
ogralool, i guess we can just sit down on monday15:40
ograand coordinate15:40
ogralets plan a 20min meeting with both teams or some such15:40
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-lunch
=== AndrewMC` is now known as AndrewMC
=== Ursinha-lunch is now known as Ursinha
ubottuSorry, the @schedule function has been disabled. To see the schedule for meetings see http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar. To see the current time in another time zone, use @now18:32
ubottuCurrent time in Etc/UTC: January 06 2011, 18:33:0218:33
leoquantthank you ubottu18:33
beardygnomehi guys19:00
* charlie-tca waves19:01
beardygnomei'm working away from home this week, so am connected via 30-minute hotel wifi vouchers19:01
charlie-tcaI really hope everyone had a really good holiday and New Years! Now let's get this first meeting of 2011 started.19:01
beardygnomeso i'll drop out about half way through and have to re-login!19:01
* pleia2 waves19:02
charlie-tcaThat will work. thanks for letting us know in advance19:02
MootBotMeeting started at 13:02. The chair is charlie-tca.19:02
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]19:02
charlie-tca[TOPIC] agenda is available in full at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings19:03
MootBotNew Topic:  agenda is available in full at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings19:03
charlie-tcaWe will cover it one item at a time.19:03
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Old business19:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Old business19:04
charlie-tcaI see we are waiting for an update about xubuntu.org?19:04
charlie-tcapleia2 or cody-somerville ?19:04
cody-somervilleI need to reply to an e-mail from pleia219:04
charlie-tcaYou know we are going to keep bugging you, right?19:05
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Team updates19:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Team updates19:05
cody-somervilleI actually forgot about it so its good you did19:05
* cody-somerville hates his inbox.19:06
charlie-tcaheh, no problem19:06
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Packaging & Development19:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Packaging & Development19:06
charlie-tcamr_pouit here?19:06
mr_pouityep, sorry19:07
charlie-tcaNo problem. go ahead, sir19:07
mr_pouituploaded Xfce 4.8~pre319:07
mr_pouitthat's all for this week :P19:07
ochosiyeah, a lot seems to work better now19:07
charlie-tcaThat's a big one! any questions about packaging and development?19:07
ochosigreat work on that mr_pouit19:07
ochosihm, where/when would we discuss default apps and the like?19:08
charlie-tcaThanks for keeping up with those changes19:08
micahgmr_pouit: is it feasible to backport xfce 4.8 to lucid and maverick?19:08
charlie-tcamicahg: go ahead19:08
mr_pouitmicahg: if there's a very recent debhelper, yeah19:09
micahgI'm wondering if the community would like such a thing19:09
ochosii would assume so19:09
micahgmr_pouit: do you think it would be high maintenance?19:09
* beardygnome would!19:09
charlie-tcaDoes it have to be all or can it be a module, like xfce4-panel?19:09
mr_pouit(well, 'very' = more recent than in lucid)19:10
micahgmr_pouit: are you using dh8?19:10
mr_pouitno no, only 719:10
micahglucid has 7.4.1519:10
mr_pouityeah, but we use some stuff from 7.4.2 ;-)19:11
mr_pouitthat's why I stopped updating the ppa ;>19:11
ochosisry to bring this up again, but default apps now or later?19:11
micahgah, you were already trying to do this19:11
charlie-tcaBy all means, bring it up19:11
mr_pouituh, wait, 7.4.15 is greater than 7.4.219:12
mr_pouit(I need to check, let's continue another time)19:12
micahgmr_pouit: right, was just about to say that19:12
mr_pouitochosi: yeah, I think it should be discussed on the ml19:12
ochosiok, i was just wondering whether we should maybe talk about a few of the current defaults, e.g. browser19:13
ochosimr_pouit: ok, i'm fine with that19:13
mr_pouitalthough it's not usually very cosntructive =]19:13
ochosiml is maybe more transparent19:13
ochosiyeah, probably19:13
charlie-tcaochosi: Want to get that discussion going then?19:13
ochosibasically i thought that alternatives to ff might be discussed19:13
ochosithere's midori which is developing nicely and chromium of course19:14
ochosidunno whether any of you are not using firefox19:14
* beardygnome uses chromium and loves it19:14
charlie-tcaMidori has issues getting bookmarks transferred from ff, we need an easy way to move them19:14
charlie-tcaI use firefox, because it is default and needs testing too19:15
beardygnomei also have midori installed, but chromium is much better imo19:15
ochosichromium is more grown-up in a way19:15
ochosiand more stable19:15
beardygnomeand looks way better19:15
ochosibut i have no clue what version they plan to include in natty19:15
micahgochosi: than what?19:15
beardygnomethough is less integrated to the desktop19:15
beardygnomethan midori19:16
ochosimicahg: in my experience it's more stable than midori19:16
micahgah, yeah, for sure19:16
ochosibeardygnome: not anymore from v.9 onwards19:16
ochosibeardygnome: i already integrated theming for chromium >= v.9 in our default theme19:16
ochosibut i agree, v.8 does not look/feel very integrated19:16
* beardygnome checks what version he's running19:16
ochosibut it's still a bit snappier19:17
ochosithan firefox19:17
mr_pouit(I think chromium is more integrated, as it is able to register itself as default browser in exo)19:17
ochosimr_pouit: good point19:17
beardygnomei'm running v9 from the daily ppa, but have pinned it at a version i was happy with19:17
micahgmr_pouit: we should discuss why Firefox doesn't do that later19:17
ochosibeardygnome: feel free to test the theme and the chromium theming19:18
beardygnomewill do19:18
charlie-tcaLet's take it up on the ML, and include any other apps we might want to discuss changing. lightdm to replace GDM is one that comes to mind.19:18
* beardygnome adds it to his list19:18
charlie-tca[ACTION] oshosi will get the discussion started on the ML for default applications in Natty19:18
MootBotACTION received:  oshosi will get the discussion started on the ML for default applications in Natty19:18
ochosicharlie-tca: agreed19:18
beardygnomedidn't we have a chat with the devs of lightdm last year?19:18
charlie-tcaThat way we get a record of why we used what we did, too19:18
charlie-tcabeardygnome: yes, we did. The results of that is that lightdm is now in universe for Natty19:19
ochosihas anyone here tested lightdm yet?19:19
=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
charlie-tcaI tested in VBox and it worked great on a new install.19:20
charlie-tcaUnfortunately, I can't get it to work on my hardware install19:20
ochosihm, maybe i'll give it a try if i have time19:20
ochosiso we skip the rest of the default apps now and continue on the ml?19:20
charlie-tcaYes, I think so19:21
charlie-tcaWe should all be able to test them, then19:21
charlie-tcaAnything else for mr_pouit ?19:21
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Bug Triage & Testing19:22
MootBotNew Topic:  Bug Triage & Testing19:22
charlie-tcaWe hit bugs hard this last month. New bugs are down from 243 to 8819:22
charlie-tcaWill start reviewing the packages this week19:22
beardygnomewell done guys, excellent work19:22
charlie-tcaTesting is a bit behind, since the alternate images were bad during the holidays, and now the desktop images are failing to build19:23
ochosimr_pouit: if i fix bug 686239 for bluebird in hg i assume you'll need a new release to be able to integrate it, right?19:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 686239 in xubuntu-artwork "Bluebird uses removed controls for chrome; please use attached instead." [Low,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/68623919:24
ochosii mean basically the fix is already present in greybird19:24
charlie-tcahm, lost him again?19:26
charlie-tcaAny questions on bugs and testing?19:27
ochosii can ask him again later19:27
charlie-tcayup, and mr_pouit might answer yet, too19:27
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Website & Marketing19:27
MootBotNew Topic:  Website & Marketing19:27
charlie-tcaI am guessing we don't have any update on this one yet19:28
ochosiwhat is planned for the website?19:28
charlie-tcaupdate the logo and stuff to the new ones19:28
charlie-tcaPossible port to wordpress19:28
charlie-tcaWant to make it rock!19:29
ochosiit would be great if the first page would show the slideshow that is shown during installation19:29
charlie-tcaWe need to get that updated, though.19:29
ochosior at least that would make it a bit more dynamic and descriptive19:29
ochosibut only after choosing default applications ;)19:29
charlie-tcapicky, picky ;-)19:30
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Artwork19:30
MootBotNew Topic:  Artwork19:30
charlie-tcaochosi: got any updates ?19:30
ochosiyep, i started working on the default panel layout19:30
MootBotLINK received:  http://wiki.knome.fi/shimmer:xfce-panel19:30
ochosiyou can see where we're heading for here19:31
ochosii'm also testing droid as new default font19:31
ochosii would say that we definitely should switch away from "sans"19:31
ochosiand droid is a well supported, not too large (hdd-space-wise), font19:32
beardygnomethink i dropped out there but should be back now19:32
charlie-tcaGreat idea! This is a good release for change...19:32
ochosielementary will stay the default icon theme for natty19:32
charlie-tcabeardygnome: yes, you are19:32
ochosiit's just a lot more consistent than faenza19:32
ochosiand the possibility to get my changes upstream makes it great19:33
ochosiso upstream will also try to be xfce-complete in the future19:33
ochosiwhich takes a lot of work off our shoulders :)19:33
ochosithe theme has also been improved here and there19:33
ochosii mean the gtk theme19:33
ochosiit would be great if we could switch to greybird as default theme in the next release19:34
ochosito get better testing19:34
charlie-tcawhew! you been busy too. Thanks for working so much on this19:34
ochosimr_pouit: ^ ?19:34
ochosino problem19:34
charlie-tcamr_pouit: Can we get greybird as the default theme in Natty Alpha 2?19:34
ochosithe thing i'd like to work more on is the xfwm-theme19:34
ochosibut other than that i think we're really far ahead of previous releases where artwork was a last-minute issue19:35
charlie-tca[IDEA] try to get greybird as default theme in Alpha219:35
MootBotIDEA received:  try to get greybird as default theme in Alpha219:35
ochosiany feedback from you people?19:35
charlie-tcaI agree with that statement, ochosi. I see us as actually making good progress early enough to correct things.19:36
beardygnomei've not seen much of greybird, so would be interested in trying it out19:36
ochosiby the way: you can see droid in the screenshot of iteration3 of the above posted panel-layout wikipage19:36
charlie-tcaIt is a really nice theme, beardygnome19:36
ochosithe shots of iteration1 and 2 show the old "sans" font19:37
beardygnomeis it available for maverick?19:37
ochosibeardygnome: sure19:37
ochosibeardygnome: download it here: http://shimmerproject.org/hg/bluebird-colors19:37
ochosii'm also testing it on maverick19:38
ochosiso it'll definitely work there too19:38
beardygnomeochosi: i'll try that out19:38
ochosimr_pouit: maybe we should also test the new panel layout in alpha219:38
beardygnomewhere do you want any feedback?19:38
ochosimr_pouit: and droid :)19:38
charlie-tcabeardygnome: more info on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Artwork/Natty19:38
ochosibeardygnome: basically everywhere, i've not gotten much yet :)19:38
beardygnomeok, will check it out19:39
ochosibeardygnome: btw, you can always ping me on #xubuntu-devel or #shimmer19:39
ochosicharlie-tca: have you heard of thorwil?19:39
charlie-tcayes, he is the one helped me get the background artwork specs together19:39
ochosihe wrote me an email last year and i replied but didn't here anything back then19:39
beardygnomeochosi: we're keeping elementary for natty, so no need to test faenza, right?19:40
charlie-tcaI will push him again, then19:40
ochosibeardygnome: exactly19:40
charlie-tcaHe is part of the community artwork team19:40
ochosiwell, it would be good to get some news on the wallpapers19:40
ochosii think he's leading that initiative, no?19:40
charlie-tcaWe have 11 wallpapers submitted now19:40
charlie-tcayes, thorwil and saleel19:41
charlie-tcaSorry, 11 wallpapers at [LINK] http://www.flickr.com/groups/uawt-7/19:41
ochosihm, i'm just skipping through the wallpapers19:41
ochosinothing really final there yet19:41
charlie-tca[LINK] http://www.flickr.com/groups/uawt-7/19:41
MootBotLINK received:  http://www.flickr.com/groups/uawt-7/19:41
charlie-tcaNo, but at least therer are some nice backgrounds there19:42
ochosibut some of them really have potential19:42
ochosii hope the people keep working on them19:42
ochosithe color palette is a bit boring in most proposals19:42
ochosivery blue/grey19:42
charlie-tcaI think we have to give them some guidance on where to go next with them19:42
charlie-tcathorwil tried to tell them to not go monochrome blue this time, but ...19:43
ochosimhm, i read a few mails on the artwork-ml and it seems they discussed other palettes19:43
ochosii even once posted there with a link to my current wp to show them that other palletes/colors work with the theme19:43
ochosione more thing i'd like to discuss with you19:43
ochosiwhat applications shall we have in the bottom (launcher) panel by default?19:44
charlie-tcaOkay, ouch19:44
ochosiyou can see a few in the screenshot of iteration319:44
charlie-tcagroup effort?19:44
ochosibut i'm not entirely sure whether my usage reflects the average user19:44
ochosiyeah, group effort would be nice19:44
charlie-tca[IDEA] default launchers to be used in Xubuntu Panel19:45
MootBotIDEA received:  default launchers to be used in Xubuntu Panel19:45
charlie-tcaanyone got any ideas?19:45
beardygnomebrowser, email, terminal?19:45
ochosibeardygnome: look what might be missing here: http://wiki.knome.fi/_detail/shimmer:panel_it3.png?id=shimmer%3Axfce-panel19:45
ochosior even what is redundant19:45
charlie-tcasettings manager, thunar, abiword, too19:45
micahgoffice app19:45
ochosik, abiword is missing, good point19:46
ochosihm, do you really open media files via parole and not via thunar?19:46
beardygnomegood point19:47
ochosimaybe exaile?19:47
ochosiok, good19:47
ochosii guess we don't need update-manager?19:48
beardygnomegimp? mousepad?19:48
charlie-tcaLet's get it together, then. We can try to get mr_pouit to stick it in alpha2, and we can juggle launchers for alpha3 if needed19:48
ochosiyeah, good idea charlie-tca19:48
charlie-tcaMaybe mousepad, but I question whether gimp is used that much?19:48
beardygnomeochosi: i think update-manager is covered by having software-centre#19:48
ochosibeardygnome: hm, maybe yeah. since exaile is there maybe gimp also makes sense19:48
charlie-tcaupdate-manager and software center are two different things.19:49
* micahg thought they were going to be integrated19:49
beardygnomei'm just thinking that everyone will customise it, so why not use to to advertise our key apps19:49
charlie-tcaOne adds software and one updates your already there software19:49
ochosidepends on whether update-notifications in the systray will be "on" by default19:49
charlie-tcamicahg: I think synaptic and software center are the same19:49
ochosimicahg: hm, maybe it's planned but definitely not implemented yet19:49
beardygnometrue, i'm thinking of synaptic, which i use instead of software-centre19:50
charlie-tcabeardygnome: I like that thinking19:50
ochosimicahg: at least not in the gui19:50
ochosiwell, let's wait a bit with update-manager and not put it there for now19:50
ochosithere are notifications for updates most likely anyway19:50
beardygnomeanyway, i think we should use the launcher to promote our key software selections19:51
beardygnomewill it autohide?19:51
ochosibtw, that searchglass there is not catfish but appfinder19:51
beardygnomevery nice19:51
ochosi(one thing we definitely have to fix in the icon-theme19:51
charlie-tca I been using appfinder. It seems kind of nice, really19:52
ochosibut do we want something like catfish down there as well=19:52
beardygnomeif the launcher auto hides, will it be obvious to new users?19:52
beardygnomeochosi: yes to having catfish19:52
ochosibeardygnome: yes, because it's full-sized19:52
charlie-tcaI think we want appfinder there, it introduces a whole new look at applications19:52
ochosibeardygnome: it has an expanding separator on the left and on the right side19:52
ochosibeardygnome: but of course we have to test it19:53
ochosicharlie-tca: ok, good point19:53
beardygnomeochosi: catfish?  isn't that fairly stable?19:53
charlie-tcaIt should be stable, we have it for many releases already19:53
beardygnomeochosi: if the launcher autohides, it won;t be shown the screen when the new user logs in19:53
beardygnomei use catfish all the time and i've not had any issues19:54
beardygnomethis topic is getting sidetracked now shall we move it to the ml?19:54
ochosiyeah, it's not an "either catfish or appfinder" but a "maybe we want both" :)19:54
beardygnomei think both19:55
beardygnomebut with different icons :-)19:55
beardygnomei'm running low in internet credit and want to get into the docs discussion19:55
ochosii'm on it19:55
charlie-tcaOkay, take it to the mailing list too19:56
charlie-tca[ACTION] take the discussion about default launchers to the ML19:57
MootBotACTION received:  take the discussion about default launchers to the ML19:57
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Documentation19:57
MootBotNew Topic:  Documentation19:57
beardygnomei have reviewed a lot of branch 240 of the docs and have about 30 comments / suggestions19:57
charlie-tcaBook_Em_Dano is not here, but he is working hard to get the documentation up to date for Natty, Maverick, and Lucid19:58
beardygnomewhere's the best place to send them?19:58
ochosibeardygnome: so the docs might be up-to-date for natty?19:58
charlie-tcaxubuntu-devel ML, I think, so we don't lose them19:58
beardygnomeas a single mail, or as an attachment?19:59
charlie-tcaThrow them into one message, and we can forward it to daniel19:59
beardygnomeok will do.19:59
charlie-tcaThanks for doing that, beardygnome19:59
beardygnomei'm about to go offline, but will hang around until i do19:59
beardygnomecharlie-tca: np19:59
charlie-tcaanything else on docs?19:59
charlie-tcaWe do still need as many people to review as possible!20:00
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Updates for Xubuntu 10.04.220:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Updates for Xubuntu 10.04.220:00
charlie-tcamicahg: any updates?20:00
micahgcharlie-tca: yes, the freeze for 10.04.2 is 1/2020:01
micahgso, we have 2 weeks to get any fixes uploaded20:01
charlie-tcaI guess I better get looking at the lucid bugs this week then20:01
charlie-tcaThat seems early with the release scheduled for Feb 1720:02
charlie-tcaThanks, micahg.20:03
charlie-tcaKeep poking me for the bugs, huh?20:03
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Announcements20:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Announcements20:04
micahgcharlie-tca: sure20:04
charlie-tcaCommunity Council received a single nomination for Project Lead.20:04
charlie-tcapleia2, keep me straight now...20:05
pleia2launchpad polls are back, so if you want we can set up a simple confirmation poll20:05
charlie-tcaCan we hold a vote next meeting to confirm this lead?20:05
pleia2or at a meeting :)20:05
charlie-tcaWhich ever one is best for it?20:05
pleia2however you see fit, xubuntu is a small enough project that it doesn't have to be super formal20:05
pleia2just as long as there aren't complaints about the process20:05
pleia2if you want to do it at a meeting I'd send an email to the list prior to asking for votes if you can't make it to the meeting (I'd be happy to be the contact person for these confirmation votes)20:06
charlie-tcaLet's do that, to keep it solid.20:07
charlie-tcathank you20:07
charlie-tcaand, since we are running a bit over,20:07
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Any Other Business?20:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Any Other Business?20:08
charlie-tcaThere being no other business, we will meet again on January 13 at 19:00 UTC.20:09
charlie-tcaThank you all for attending.20:09
MootBotMeeting finished at 14:09.20:09
charlie-tcaI think meetings past about an hour get too long to keep people20:14
=== JanC_ is now known as JanC
=== apachelogger is now known as gnomelogger

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!