Riddellbetter to file needs-packaging bugs no?00:01
JontheEchidnayeah, probably00:02
JontheEchidnaout of all of those, only bsc has a qt4 port. all but mandvd and qdvdauthor seem to be unmaintained, and the most recent releases of mandvd and qdvdauthor are still Qt300:07
RiddellI'd be tempted to remove them all then00:08
Riddellwith a needs packaging bug for bsc 400:08
JontheEchidnasounds good00:09
Riddellfor asdf in bsc imgseek prokyon3 qamix qmidiarp qmidicontrol view3ds crossvc mandvd qdvdauthor; do lp-remove-package.py -u debfx -m "obsolete" ${asdf} -y; done00:13
Riddelldebfx: agreed?00:13
debfxRiddell: yeah, go ahead00:14
Riddellsteveire: how do I extract the diff from this? http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/merge_requests/93400:15
debfxagateau: I've pushed the sound menu patch to bzr00:22
debfxRiddell: I don't think you can from the website00:26
debfxin this case it's just one commit, so you can just get it from there: http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/commit/88dd7568fff419510a7c26ffb93d93cc276d7b3b.patch00:26
ScottKRiddell: Please don't remove quanta.00:26
ScottKIt's still about the best Linux wyswig web page editor.00:27
ScottKJontheEchidna: ^^^00:28
=== claydoh_ is now known as claydoh
=== solid_liquid is now known as solid_liq
apparlehello guys, does kubuntu support bluetooth modem yet05:12
apparleany command line way of connecting to net on via mobile via bluetooth05:17
apparlecome on guys there must some commandline method to setup a bluetooth modem05:32
=== hunger_ is now known as hunger
=== cmvo[0] is now known as cmvo
=== rdieter_work is now known as rdieter
debfxRiddell: I missed a kde3 ubuntu-only package: kxmame12:41
steveireRiddell: git show 88dd7568fff419510a7c26ffb93d93cc276d7b3b12:58
steveireI don't know if you got it sorted already.12:59
shadeslayermeeting today ... 13:44
shadeslayer4 more hours ... hmm13:45
shadeslayerwhere's _Groo_14:00
shadeslayerand where are the KDE PIM packages14:00
shadeslayerthey released the tarballs14:00
Riddellsteveire: I mean how to get it without a git checkout14:56
Riddellhttp://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/commit/88dd7568fff419510a7c26ffb93d93cc276d7b3b.patch seems to be it14:58
* steveire rebootin15:03
Riddellshadeslayer: the lack of groo is worrying15:04
jussibut I thought it was a "world of groo"....15:10
* jussi gets coat, heads for door...15:10
Riddellagateau: bug reports by microblogging! http://identi.ca/notice/6197959215:41
shadeslayerlol ^^15:41
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
shadeslayerthe link inside the dent is a 502 for me tho15:42
yofelworks fine here15:43
shadeslayerlol .. now its 504 : 504 Gateway Time-out15:43
* shadeslayer tries with chromium15:44
shadeslayerback to 502 15:44
yofelah wait, wrong link..15:44
shadeslayerand 502 in chromium as well15:44
shadeslayerGMail Spam Filter -> FAIL15:45
yofeldoes anyone have any documentation on Kasten? From the okteta blog I got that it's a framework to build applications [END] :/15:45
shadeslayertake a look at their ML perhaps?15:46
nigelbshadeslayer: your network is failing :p15:47
ubottuUbuntu bug 701527 in plasma-widget-menubar (Ubuntu) "Some Qt applications freezes Plasma-shell on start with plasma-widget-menubar enabled" [Undecided,New]15:47
Riddell"libkasten: a framework for creating programs"15:47
shadeslayernigelb: *shrug* ... yofel's network fails too :P15:47
yofelnigelb: the short link in the post, not the attachement15:47
nigelbyofel: yeah, I clicke the short link15:48
nigelbwhich took me to a is.gd page15:48
nigelbwhich I clicked through to reach the bugs page15:48
shadeslayernigelb: http://is.gd/kyYa4 << this one?15:48
shadeslayerweirdness ....15:48
shadeslayeryofel: were special because we work on neon15:48
shadeslayereven the might intrawebs recognizes it 15:49
shadeslayernigelb: nice post on twitter's new spine :D15:49
yofelRiddell: here's what I have so far on the sdk side, kdevelop builds fine with it - I'm just not too happy with the kasten description, but haven't found much more yet http://paste.kde.org/2350/15:52
Riddellyofel: I'd e-mail Frederick about the kasten description, but it's not a big issue15:54
nigelbshadeslayer: ;)15:54
Riddellyofel: I'd simplify the description for the libokteta.. libraries, they don't need to describe the whole of okteta the app15:54
Riddellyofel: the libraries should have .symbol files15:55
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
QuintasanThe meetings in 2h and 5 minutes?15:55
shadeslayerQuintasan: yep15:56
QuintasanUrgh, I still have responsibilties form kde-i18n-pl15:56
yofelRiddell: ok, I'll try to add them15:56
Quintasan>All 259 conversations in "Project Neon" are selected15:56
shadeslayerQuintasan: i unsubscribed from that ML15:57
shadeslayertoo many upload mails15:57
Quintasanshadeslayer: subscribe back15:57
shadeslayerQuintasan: but whai15:57
shadeslayerall i get are upload mails15:57
QuintasanI'm not going to notify you about FTBFS in ur daily builds15:57
shadeslayerill keep a check15:57
shadeslayerQuintasan: they uploaded kdebindings15:57
shadeslayerim going to set up imports after dinner15:58
Quintasanshadeslayer: the split ones?15:58
yofelshadeslayer: just filter out mails from archive@ubuntu.com - those are only the upload messages15:58
shadeslayerQuintasan: yep15:59
Quintasanoh god15:59
shadeslayeryofel: yeah .. will have to create a filter ...15:59
QuintasanI'm so waiting for you to package this15:59
shadeslayerQuintasan: dude .. its going to be easier this way :P15:59
shadeslayeror i hope15:59
* shadeslayer hopes it will be easier16:00
yofelQuintasan: np, we'll take care of it if you set up sip daily builds :P16:00
afiestasright now in KDE 4.6 there is a new solild backend called "upnp" having it compiled without this kio: https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/base/kio-upnp-ms makes no sense16:00
afiestassince the discover "storageaccess" can't be used16:00
afiestas(so we should package it at least)16:01
Riddellhmm, I thought we had packages of that somewhere16:01
JontheEchidnais this that annoying thing that causes the device notifier to pop up every 5 minutes in school with people's windows shares?16:01
JontheEchidnabecause I'd be in favor of not packaging that16:02
shadeslayerhahah :D16:02
afiestasJontheEchidna: yes, it is16:02
shadeslayerJontheEchidna: just disable it then? 16:02
shadeslayerto show removable devices ... 16:02
afiestasmmm maybe is a good thing to talk in #solid16:03
afiestasbecause yes, device notifier "poping" every second is not cool xd16:03
shadeslayerok im off to dinner16:03
shadeslayercya in 30 mins :)16:03
JontheEchidnashadeslayer: already set to removable devices only16:03
shadeslayerJontheEchidna: ok thats annoying then16:03
JontheEchidnaafiestas: I think a good solution is to identify the upnp devices as nonremovable devices16:05
JontheEchidnayou can't really eject them anyways16:05
afiestasthat's true16:05
JontheEchidnaand since the default setting for the device notifier is to only show removable devices, that would solve the problem in most cases16:07
afiestasanyway, we should create a kio-upnp packge, if not the feature is useless 16:08
Riddellafiestas: we've discussed it before I'm sure, let me check the logs16:12
afiestasRiddell: ervin is going to disable it (the backend) for 4.616:13
afiestasso, np16:13
JontheEchidnaRiddell: iirc what we packaged was libhupnp16:14
Riddellyep, ulysses packaged hupnp16:14
Riddellwhich had a bunch of upstream issues he had to get upstream to sort16:15
Riddelland then I think he had problems with kio-upnp-ms http://pastebin.com/JE9mUK7916:15
Riddellafiestas: does it still make sense to have the kio slave?16:17
afiestasnot sure16:18
afiestasbut from what I can read on #solid16:18
afiestasupnp support across kde should be delayed16:18
Quintasanis hupnp that magic that uses qmake16:21
ulyssesRiddell: AFAIK the thread issue was solved by Tuomas (author of hupnp), but the developer of kio_upnp didn't reply me…16:22
ulyssesQuintasan: yes, that is it16:22
agateauRiddell: this guy likes to make noise: he also privately emailed me and commented on my blog about his bug report16:25
afiestasr1214021 <--disabling solid support for pnp16:27
Riddellcheereo pnp, I still haven't worked out what you are16:28
Riddellmgraesslin: I met Sam Spilsbury yesterday, he was name dropping you :)16:32
mgraesslinRiddell: cool, how is he? I have not yet met him16:37
Riddellhe seems to be enthusiasticly working on compiz16:37
afiestasmmm cryptsetup is not include by default16:38
mgraesslinyeah I could not convince him to work on kwin yet ;-)16:38
afiestaswe should include it, or offer to install it when trying to mount a luks partition16:39
Riddellafiestas: what is it?16:39
afiestasis to be able to mount luks crypted disks16:39
Riddellafiestas: it actually is on the CD, see http://releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/maverick/kubuntu-10.10-desktop-amd64.manifest16:42
afiestasI'm using 11.0416:42
Riddellit's part of the d-i-requirements seed which says "These packages may be installed dynamically by d-i based on installation parameters. They should generally be made available on CDs."16:42
Riddellit hasn't changed in 11.04 http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/20110112/natty-desktop-i386.manifest16:43
Riddellso in theory it gets installed if you set an encrypted partition at install time16:43
afiestascould be possible to install it anyway?16:45
RiddellI must admit I've never tried encrypted partitions for fear they might not work16:45
Riddellafiestas: we could move it to the desktop seed yes, but does it have a GUI or is it only for people who know what they're doing?16:45
afiestasRiddell: udisk uses it to mount crypted devices16:46
afiestasand (dolphin && plasma) use solid which uses udisk16:46
afiestasshort answer: yes, a normal user can mount crypted devices using interfaces and kde is fully ready for it16:47
Riddellafiestas: would they need it if they haven't set encrypted partitions at install time?16:48
afiestasyes, as I just did16:49
Riddellwhy was that?16:49
afiestasbecause I needed to mount a usb-crypted device from ereslibre16:49
afiestaswhat we don't have is an interface to create crypted usb devices16:49
afiestasto do that the user will need to use the cli16:49
Riddellwell I don't know if we have a way to format usb devices in general16:50
Riddellafiestas: ok, we should add it to the desktop seed then16:50
Riddellafiestas: if you're interested in learning about that you can do it and propose a merge, or I can just do it16:51
afiestasyou can do it if you don't mind (I'm at work right now)16:51
Riddellafiestas: added, thanks for making Kubuntu better :)16:55
shadeslayerok this is madness 16:58
shadeslayerRiddell: http://i.imgur.com/hXFsH.png16:58
shadeslayerphononlogger: Quintasan yofel ScottK ^^16:59
Riddellshadeslayer: I've no idea what that website is, it obviously isn't ready yet16:59
shadeslayerRiddell: that message is hilarious tho :D16:59
QuintasanWhat's so funny?17:00
QuintasanAnother crappy apt magic?17:00
shadeslayeryep .. and it says that im not running ubuntu17:00
JontheEchidnaRiddell: are you updating the metapackage? (I am coincidentally updating it)17:00
JontheEchidnashadeslayer: more likely that is a semi-static page that hasn't been programmed yet17:00
QuintasanHumm, if I want to be a kubuntu-dev I apply to our meeting or somewhere else?17:01
shadeslayerQuintasan: meeting ..17:01
Quintasanshadeslayer: feeling prepared? I don't feel like adding agenda 1h before the meeting17:02
RiddellJontheEchidna: go ahead17:02
shadeslayerQuintasan: idk .. i could apply ... but i just dont know ... :P17:03
RiddellQuintasan: for kubuntu-dev you apply to the kubuntu-devs, but the meeting is probably fine17:03
shadeslayerQuintasan: you applied?17:03
Quintasanshadeslayer: I did not, I'm deeply thinking17:03
QuintasanI have no idea when the next meeting will be :P17:04
Riddellagateau: /home/jr/src/appmenu-qt/appmenu-qt-0.1.0/src/qx11menubarimpl.cpp:24:36: fatal error: private/qmenubarimpl_p.h: No such file or directory                                            17:04
QuintasanAnd adding agenda 1h before the meeting is, well urrr17:04
RiddellQuintasan: agenda items can be added any time, often during the meeting17:05
Riddellagateau: building against private headers?17:05
QuintasanOh well, I'll give it a shot17:05
Quintasanshadeslayer: ^^17:05
shadeslayerQuintasan: we could have one after neon goes live17:05
QuintasanIt's more like: we should have at least ONE before neon goes live17:06
shadeslayerwell .. that too ...17:07
QuintasanDeveloper sound less sophisticated that Master of the Universe but has more powers17:07
shadeslayerim still no MOTU17:07
shadeslayerso iDunno ....17:07
QuintasanYou don't have to be a MOTU to apply for dev17:07
QuintasanI did become a motu before archive reorg17:08
shadeslayerQuintasan: yeah... but still .. i have a bit of doubt ... so ill apply in the next one 17:08
Riddellagateau: ok I copied the qmenubarimpl_p.h from file qt and it compiled17:08
QuintasanY U TIMEOUT WIKI?17:08
shadeslayerhehe :)17:08
Riddellagateau: but if this is using private interfaces, how do I know when it needs to be recompiled?17:08
QuintasanRiddell: Is it necessary for me to create something like MOTUApplication on Wiki or I can skip this?17:08
RiddellQuintasan: yes you should have a wiki page saying what you've done and what you expect to do and your strengths and weaknesses17:09
* Quintasan modifies his MOTU one17:09
Riddellyes it'll be much the same as a MOTU application17:09
* shadeslayer pokes yofel with Quintasan's Stick17:17
=== yuriy_ is now known as yuriy
debfxJontheEchidna: I've set up two pages to track the kde3/qt3 packages: http://alioth.debian.org/~debfx-guest/qt3-deprecation.html and http://alioth.debian.org/~debfx-guest/kde3-deprecation.html17:20
JontheEchidnadebfx: neato17:20
CIA-39[runtime] sitter * 1214035 * branches/KDE/4.6/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kiomediastream.cpp Do not set the reading bool to false on subsequent calls to enoughData17:20
CIA-39[runtime] sitter * 1214036 * trunk/KDE/kdebase/runtime/phonon/platform_kde/kiomediastream.cpp forward port r121403517:22
debfxprobably better to invert the "in debian" column17:24
shadeslayerRiddell: could you press the rebuild button on koffice? https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/koffice17:25
shadeslayerdcmtk is published17:25
Quintasany u timeout on me wiki T_T17:25
phononloggershadeslayer: what is that apt stuff?17:25
phononloggerproxy for apturl?17:25
shadeslayerphononlogger: magiK17:25
shadeslayerphononlogger: dunno ... doesnt work either way17:25
phononloggerit does with a youbuntoo browser17:25
phononloggerwants to launch apt://17:26
shadeslayerphononlogger: oi! who do i talk to inorder to work on phonon and webkit?17:26
shadeslayerphononlogger: that is most horribly broken17:26
shadeslayerbecause it says that im not running you-boon-too17:26
* shadeslayer fixes kde-l10n-it17:26
phononloggershadeslayer: see qtwebkit mailing list17:27
shadeslayeri did17:27
phononloggertrever started some discussion on that foobar17:27
QuintasanDont tell me the wiki went down17:27
shadeslayerphononlogger: i dont know his irc nick17:27
phononloggershadeslayer: tdfischer17:27
shadeslayerthats why id like to help maintain phonon in webkit17:27
phononloggerif you mean trever that is17:27
shadeslayerphononlogger: i now haz 2 masters :P17:28
phononloggerdont be silly17:28
phononloggerhe is not even padawan yet17:28
QuintasanY U TIMEOUT WIKI17:28
phononloggerhe wants to learn the ways of the streamreader, yet the council did not even accept him as padawan17:28
phononloggerthis war is no place for younglings17:29
shadeslayerwhere the heck is yofel17:29
shadeslayeryofel: i broke your branches17:29
davmor2shadeslayer: Hiding17:29
Quintasanshadeslayer: He told us he will be back by the time the meeting begins.17:29
QuintasanOh k, can someone kill Wiki?17:30
shadeslayerphononlogger: #phonon went all sorts of quiet 17:30
shadeslayermake some noise!!17:30
Riddellshadeslayer: the issue is that libdcmtk1-dev is in universe17:32
shadeslayerRiddell: ill file a MIR then17:32
shadeslayeror is it filed?17:32
Riddellshadeslayer: great, thanks17:33
Riddellshadeslayer: no go ahead17:33
shadeslayerok :)17:33
shadeslayeralso this : http://launchpadlibrarian.net/61785581/buildlog_ubuntu-natty-i386.kde-l10n-it_4:4.5.95-0ubuntu1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz17:35
shadeslayeri see the man page is build ... then why is it not getting installed?17:35
QuintasanRiddell: https://wiki.kubuntu.org/MichalZajac/KubuntuDevApplication <--- this seems okay, I think you are going to grill the details out of me on the meeting17:36
shadeslayerhmm ... wait ..17:37
RiddellQuintasan: maybe list some of the packages you've made, updated, merged recently17:39
shadeslayerawesome : http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs/#kubuntu : <<17:39
Riddellshadeslayer: that's an upstream bug17:39
Riddellthey know about it17:39
shadeslayerah ok 17:39
shadeslayerwill wait for next release then 17:40
shadeslayernow for that MIR17:40
shadeslayerRiddell: we just need the dev library? that way ill file a MIR just for that17:40
Riddellyes libdcmtk1 and libdcmtk1-dev17:41
Riddellbut a MIR will always consider the whole source package17:42
shadeslayerwait ... cant you have some parts of a package in universe and some in main?17:42
shadeslayerwe did that recently in the last release iirf17:42
phononloggershadeslayer: the mir still is about the source package17:43
phononloggercant think straight17:43
shadeslayerah so they wont consider seprate libs...17:43
* shadeslayer notes that chromium has a mind of its own17:44
Riddellthey'll consider the whole thing, although sometimes they have banned certain parts from going into main like with xmlrpc-c17:44
Quintasanphononlogger: ping17:45
* phononlogger tells Quintasan to take cover17:45
Quintasanphononlogger: We don't have graphicssystem kcm in Ubuntu yet, do we?17:46
shadeslayerkcm... in ubuntu? 0.o17:46
phononloggerQuintasan: no17:46
Quintasanphononlogger: Strange, I have it ready to upload to REVU17:46
Quintasanlet me do this after the meeting17:46
phononloggeroh, right meeting17:47
phononloggertake me down for a +1 on everything17:47
Quintasanphononlogger: please review the agenda17:47
phononloggerexcept peace with kio17:47
phononloggerwe are this close to winning the war17:47
shadeslayerphononlogger: Quintasan applied for kubuntu-dev :P17:47
phononloggerand except that17:47
phononloggeralso that is kubuntu devel business not council anyway17:48
phononloggerQuintasan: you must get minions17:48
Quintasanphononlogger: lol I have two17:48
shadeslayerQuintasan: who?17:48
Quintasanno, three already17:48
Quintasanshadeslayer: you, and yofel, and Groo volunteerd to work for me as part of Project Neon17:48
shadeslayerQuintasan: errr.... im phononlogger's minion17:49
phononloggergroo is no minion17:49
shadeslayerso i dont count17:49
QuintasanSince you work on Project Neon you are mine minion too.17:49
phononloggerminions must be assigned by me and only me17:49
phononloggeralso I need clones of minions for the kio wars effort17:49
Riddellkio wars?17:50
shadeslayerphononlogger: get rid of KIO i say 17:50
phononloggerphonon is at war with KIO17:50
QuintasanThis sound like Trouble17:50
shadeslayerTrouble: ^^17:50
phononloggerthough we seem to have captured princess connection17:50
phononloggerwith a bit of luck we might end this dreadful waste of life soon17:50
* Quintasan this phononlogger got drunk yet again17:51
shadeslayerdrunk with phonon maddness :D17:52
phononloggerto win a war, sober one must be17:52
shadeslayermadness even17:52
phononloggerin control of one's feelings one must be17:53
stalcupwhere is the meeting going to be?17:53
* stalcup waves too17:53
Quintasanstalcup: I get the idea it's going to be here17:53
stalcupokiw Quintasan 17:53
QuintasanThat reminds me, I haven't seen Lex in a while17:53
agateauRiddell: weird17:53
QuintasanIs he on vacation or something?17:53
agateauRiddell: the private file should be in the appmenu-qt tarball17:54
Quintasanshadeslayer: ^^17:54
shadeslayerQuintasan: the last i heard of him, he was going to come back 17:54
shadeslayerhe did have some work ... and he said he will return soonish17:54
Riddellagateau: qabstractmenubarimpl_p.h is there but qmenubarimpl_p.h is missing17:54
shadeslayerand this was before UDS ...17:54
Quintasanshadeslayer: oh, merges were quite a breeze with him here17:54
Quintasanshadeslayer: I got a few so called PROTIPS from him and I must say they were useful in merging17:55
shadeslayerQuintasan: please to share :D17:55
agateauRiddell: ok, let me check17:55
QuintasanI hope ScottKshows up so I can annoy him a little bit with the python17:56
Quintasanerr sip I mean17:56
Quintasanshadeslayer: like diff -Nru debian/ is acceptable too :P17:56
Quintasanshadeslayer: at first I did it via debdiff and I went through immense numbers of lines of code before seeing the debian/ stuff :P17:57
agateauRiddell: that's a stupid mistake from me: qmenubarimpl_p.h is not needed, you can remove the include17:57
agateauRiddell: I am going to release a new version17:57
Quintasanshadeslayer: debian/rules was magic for me back then17:57
Quintasanshadeslayer: now I consider Python a magiK17:57
stalcupevil magic17:57
Riddellagateau: groovy17:57
Riddellrevu needed http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/p/appmenu-qt17:58
* stalcup looks17:58
Riddellagateau: am I right in thinking the logic now is this?  if no plugin available, qt shows menus as normal.  if plugin available qt loads the plugin, plugin checks for dbusmenu client and exports to dbusmenu client if available, else tells qt it isn't used and qt shows menus as normal17:59
agateauRiddell: yes, that's it17:59
Riddellagateau: clever18:00
agateauRiddell: might be a good idea to add appmenu-qt as a dependency or suggest of plasma-widget-menubar18:00
* Quintasan noticed he didn't have to translate the "logic" to understand it as he did before18:00
agateaugot to go18:00
Riddellagateau: yes i think plasma-widget-menubar should depend on it18:00
* stalcup ^5 Quintasan 18:00
Riddellstalcup: is there a meeting now?18:00
Quintasanstalcup: I hope it doesn't get to the point where I think entirely in English18:01
stalcupyes, that wa the most available date18:01
Riddellneversfelde, phononlogger, JontheEchidna, rgreening, ScottK: council ping18:01
QuintasanRiddell: <phononlogger> take me down for a +1 on everything (execept for me joining kubuntu-dev)18:02
Quintasanthe () was added by me18:03
JontheEchidnaI make a motion to remove apachelogger from his throne :P18:03
Riddelllet's go into #ubuntu-meeting18:03
shadeslayeryofel: ^^18:03
shadeslayerQuintasan: you put in Project Neon launch? :P18:04
shadeslayerwe are so dead ....18:04
QuintasanI have a few minor questions to ask18:04
shadeslayereverything depends on upstream KDE really18:04
rgreeningheya Riddell18:05
shadeslayerrgreening #ubuntu-meeting18:05
Quintasan~karma JontheEchidna18:13
kubotukarma for JontheEchidna: 1318:13
Quintasanstalcup: ^^ there you go18:14
maemologger/me has cold hands18:14
shadeslayermaemologger: fail irc client18:19
shadeslayerRiddell: bug 70202618:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 702026 in dcmtk (Ubuntu) "[MIR] dcmtk" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/70202618:19
maemologgerIt happens18:20
Quintasan~karma stalcup18:20
kubotustalcup has neutral karma18:20
stalcup~karma vorian18:20
kubotukarma for vorian: 518:20
neversfeldestalcup looked after me when I first got in touch with becoming a ninja :)18:26
stalcupyo, ninjas take care of their own18:27
stalcupmy pleasure to do so18:27
Quintasanstalcup: those shiruken's always caught my attention :P18:27
maemologgerThis client is the suck18:27
Quintasanmaemologger: maemo--?18:28
maemologgerstalcup, what is your lp id?18:28
stalcupeh Quintasan?18:28
Quintasanstalcup: oh, I just remember you throwing commands around like shirukens :P18:29
maemologgerCheck ur mail18:29
shadeslayermaemologger: do we have pr0n?18:30
stalcupwhat is shirukens?18:30
Quintasanstalcup: You dont know? those little shiny metal stars that ninjas use :P18:30
maemologgerNo pron for rohan i am afraid18:31
* stalcup must be a teribble ninja then18:31
Quintasanbtw. what happened to #kubuntu-bunker?18:31
QuintasanDid we abandon the bunker?18:31
stalcupI can see why though18:32
JontheEchidnaonce we switched to giving packageers access to ktown there really was no need for a secret IRC channel18:32
maemologgerWe now make love in there18:32
maemologgerAlso should the kio wars also come to kubuntu....18:32
JontheEchidnasince basically the only reason for the secret IRC channel was to give a secure place to place links to the embargoed tarballs18:32
Quintasanthis sound like we were doing some shady deals in bunkerz18:33
shadeslayermaemologger: omg you pulled me into phonon as well :P18:34
* shadeslayer looks at simpleplayer18:34
Quintasanshadeslayer: You are officialy in some deep sh..crap now :P18:34
maemologgerThat is war18:34
shadeslayerQuintasan: haha :D18:34
maemologgerEveryone gets pulled into18:35
shadeslayermaemologger: ok im officially involved in your war now18:35
Quintasanmaemologger: If I can have a pink unicorn launcher then count me in18:35
shadeslayeri just have Quintasan's poking stick18:36
shadeslayermaemologger: will that do ^^18:36
Quintasanshadeslayer: it's an immensly powerful weapon that makes phononlogger do his work18:36
Quintasanshadeslayer: seriously, just use it18:36
stalcupsomeone needs hobbie's stick of doom18:37
Quintasanit's super effective!18:37
stalcuphobbsie too18:37
shadeslayerstalcup: no need ... we have the KStickofDoom18:37
shadeslayerlol ^^18:37
shadeslayerwill work on one of them tomorrow 18:37
yuriymaverick upgrade went smoothly this time18:40
=== kronos is now known as bhargav
stalcupoh man19:00
stalcupI put my membership thingy in the wrong spot19:01
shadeslayerstalcup: hmm?19:01
stalcupsorry, on the wiki page for the meeting19:01
RiddellJontheEchidna: kees says it was wishlist and untargeted so he didn't see it19:14
RiddellI've changed that now19:14
JontheEchidnahmm, I thought all MIRs were wishlist19:15
Riddellalso added a kubuntu tag so it appears in http://goo.gl/yGhJd19:15
RiddellJontheEchidna: I think it's more than a wish that we'd like to get packages into main19:15
Riddellsometimes it's quite important19:15
shadeslayerRiddell: seen the dcmtk MIR?19:16
maemologgerIll be going then o/19:16
shadeslayerlikewise here19:17
shadeslayercya guys :)19:17
=== stalcup changed the topic of #kubuntu-devel to: Kubuntu - 2011 same procedure as every year: 2 releases and many hugs | Lots to do https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todo | KDE PIM 4.6 beta 4 to be packaged | alpha 2 bugs http://goo.gl/yGhJd | congrats yofel on becoming a Kubuntu member!
JontheEchidnawho is responsible for guidance-power-manager these days?19:27
shadeslayernight all19:32
RiddellJontheEchidna: nobody19:33
JontheEchidnathat brings me to what I wanted to discuss....19:33
JontheEchidnamaybe it's time to move it to the unmaintained/4/ directory, now that HAL itself is deprecated19:33
Riddellyes that makes sense19:34
debfxRiddell: could you sponsor the synaptiks upload: http://people.ubuntu.com/~debfx/synaptiks_0.4.0-1ubuntu2.debdiff19:51
sheytanRiddell hey ;)19:51
sheytanRiddell how's the cd image page? :D19:51
DaskreechScottK: THanks for the Debian/install help. Turns out that dh_install was being called before the dirs were made. 20:12
CIA-39[libqapt] jmthomas * 1214070 * trunk/extragear/sysadmin/libqapt/src/package.cpp The Supported package tag can also report years, not just months, so support this as well.20:34
* phononlogger needs a script to make people kubuntu-members21:03
phononloggerthe launchpad is uber getting in one's way21:03
phononloggeralso it is not mobile proof21:03
* ScottK waves.21:21
ScottKSorry I missed the meeting.21:21
ScottKSeems like a good result though.21:21
droidslayerRiddell: oh btw 21:56
droidslayerI can do plasma mobile on a android device as a aktivity at conf.kde.in21:57
Riddelldroidslayer: you have it working?21:57
droidslayerInstead of a full blown talk....what do you think?21:57
droidslayerNope...will work on it after getting a bigger sd card21:58
droidslayerThere's no need to register aktivities...21:58
neversfeldetail: cannot open `debian/changelog' for reading: No such file or directory22:01
neversfeldewhy oh why22:01
dpmRiddell, I've just replied to someone who's interested in starting translating Ubuntu into Scottish Gaelic. Hopefully they'll have a new team soon :)22:05
Riddellnow there's a niche market22:08
stalcuphey guys/gals what is the default password on a kubuntu live cd?23:03
Riddellstalcup: none23:08
Riddellhttp://releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/maverick/  new style <--23:08
stalcupalways should assume the easiest option first23:10
phononloggeroh, was it always none?23:13
* phononlogger seems to remember it being ubuntu at some point23:13
stalcupI had do sudo gparted for it to work23:13
stalcupw/o password23:13
Riddellphononlogger: it was always none23:14
Riddellwhat do I say to this? http://paste.kde.org/2375/23:14
stalcupwhat is a woad?23:16
stalcuproad i take it23:16
RiddellI've no idea23:16
Riddellmaybe it's related to a swan song23:17
stalcupcould be23:17
stalcupdo we want to update to 4.5.5 in lucid?23:18
* stalcup didn't think we were23:18
Riddellno, it's too much work to support three distro versions at once with packages23:19
Riddellunless they pay us money (which did happen with 4.5.3)23:20
Riddellstalcup: although we should make language packs for 4.5.5 in maverick23:24
Riddell(launchpad down)23:29
Riddellhttp://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4374  Cloud Packaging, CD Download Page Bling, Texas Weather23:59

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!