pleia2AlanBell: any luck reviving the test wiki for accessibility testing?17:10
AlanBellI found it but didn't make it run yet. wil try to in the next 3 hours17:11
pleia2thank you :) just want to have *some* update on the status of accessibility testing for the meting17:12
AlanBellI did actually pass it by the accessibility team in the first place, there are comments in the commit log about fixes for accessibility17:15
AlanBellnumber 1217:21
pleia2so getting this running again is mostly for a final review, I hope?17:22
AlanBellhope so17:38
AlanBellhttp://libertus.co.uk:8080/ see that pleia2?17:44
pleia2AlanBell: yep :)17:47
AlanBelldinner time then17:48
AlanBellelky: ^^17:53
AlanBellnot the dinner time bit though :)17:53
pleia2I let Pen know too (not sure if she's around though)17:54
AlanBellI have been discussing it with Penelope too18:03
pleia2yeah, she just said they are talking about it over in the -accessibility channel18:04
AlanBellI want to do an even more accessible moin theme18:06
AlanBellstarting with http://moinmo.in/ThemeMarket/SimpleMente and adding Ubuntu branding18:06
AlanBellIf I can get agreement that such a thing would be allowed on the main Ubuntu wiki18:07
pleia2that would be nice18:08
pleia2meeting in 4 minutes19:56
pleia2hypatia: you about?19:57
jledbetterThank you, pleia219:57
pleia2ok, meeting time!20:00
Mootbot-UKMeeting started at 20:00. The chair is pleia2.20:00
Mootbot-UKCommands Available: [TOPIC], [PROGRESS REPORT], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]20:00
pleia2[LINK] Agenda: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/Agenda20:00
Mootbot-UKLINK received:  Agenda: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Meetings/Agenda20:00
pleia2ok, we're going to start out with some quick updates on our blueprints20:00
pleia2[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-women.org/+spec/ubuntutheproject-community-n-ubuntu-women-project-goals20:00
Mootbot-UKLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-women.org/+spec/ubuntutheproject-community-n-ubuntu-women-project-goals20:00
pleia2[TOPIC] N Goals20:01
Mootbot-UKNew Topic:  N Goals20:01
pleia2AlanBell worked to get the demo wiki back up with the changes recommended by the accessibilty team20:01
hypatiaoh hi!20:01
hypatiagood timing20:01
pleia2they are doing another review of the wiki now (in fact, we should have an update later today)20:01
* hypatia just tuned in20:01
AlanBellpleia2: all done really, a general thumbs up20:02
pleia2AlanBell: oh great!20:02
MichelleQyay!  good job, AlanBell & Pen!20:02
AlanBellnot surprising as I already passed it by them first time round20:02
pleia2AlanBell: can you nudge Pen to update the blueprint?20:02
pleia2next will be: alanbell] work to get new wiki theme approved and into the wiki: TODO20:02
Mootbot-UKLINK received:  http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/01/12/%23ubuntu-accessibility.html20:03
AlanBelldiscussion earlier in -accessibility20:03
pleia2part of this will require repointing the A record for ubuntu-women.org since we're moving everything to the wiki20:03
pleia2but I think the first challenge is getting the canonical sysadmins to install the theme20:03
AlanBellhttp://libertus.co.uk:8080/ is the theme for those who have not yet seen it20:03
Mootbot-UKLINK received:  http://libertus.co.uk:8080/ is the theme for those who have not yet seen it20:03
AlanBellit was designed by elky and I worked with her to make it a dynamic moin theme rather than static HTML20:04
MichelleQit looks fantastic20:04
pleia2AlanBell: think we can start the conversation with canonical sysadmins this week about getting it installed?20:05
AlanBellgetting the sysadmins to install the theme will likely require an rt ticket20:05
AlanBelland not sure it will work coming from me20:05
hypatiatheme is lovely, elky20:05
pleia2AlanBell: ok, maybe you can email me details of everything that needs to be installed?20:06
pleia2I can submit the ticket, I'll Cc you20:06
pleia2I have shell access to the current wiki server too, so if you're curious as to the current layout or anything just say the word and I'll get you some details20:06
pleia2the easier we make this on the sysadmins the more luck we'll have I think :)20:07
AlanBellgood point20:07
pleia2"put this file in /srv/www/wiki...blah/20:07
MichelleQI'll bake cookies if necessary.  :D20:07
AlanBellI would also like to get another optional theme installed20:07
* jledbetter applies for a sysadmin job real quick20:07
pleia2[ACTION] AlanBell to send pleia2 details about theme installation20:07
Mootbot-UKACTION received:  AlanBell to send pleia2 details about theme installation20:07
Mootbot-UKLINK received:  http://moinmo.in/ThemeMarket/SimpleMente20:07
pleia2[ACTION] pleia2 to submit ticket to sysadmins w/ theme details20:08
Mootbot-UKACTION received:  pleia2 to submit ticket to sysadmins w/ theme details20:08
AlanBellone that users can choose in their preferences which is designed to be more accessible to screen readers20:08
* pleia2 nods20:08
pleia2ok, unless we have anything else, we should move on to the next item20:08
AlanBellif we can do a second ticket to get that one installed it would be a great help in moving towards that on the ubuntu wiki20:09
pleia2[TOPIC] Mentoring blueprint20:09
Mootbot-UKNew Topic:  Mentoring blueprint20:09
pleia2AlanBell: maybe I'll add a note at the bottom of the ticket I submit with a request?20:10
pleia2hard to know whether a 2nd ticket will be more useful20:10
AlanBellnot sure, but I don't want the uw theme to block on the simplemente one20:10
pleia2maybe I'll just say I'm creating another ticket since accessibility is very important to us20:10
AlanBellwe can reference the two and make it easy to do both at once20:10
pleia2ok, sounds good, so when you send me details on the UW theme, send along whatever we need for SimpleMente too and I'll make that ticket as well20:11
AlanBellwill do, thanks20:11
pleia2[ACTION] pleia2 to submit ticket to sysadmins for SimpleMente theme too20:11
Mootbot-UKACTION received:  pleia2 to submit ticket to sysadmins for SimpleMente theme too20:11
pleia2thanks AlanBell :)20:11
pleia2ok, mentoring!20:11
pleia2[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-women.org/+spec/ubuntutheproject-community-n-ubuntu-women-mentor-partnerships20:12
Mootbot-UKLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-women.org/+spec/ubuntutheproject-community-n-ubuntu-women-mentor-partnerships20:12
pleia2I spent a few hours on the first item here last month, but then the holidays and everything came along so reviewers czajkowski and MichelleQ got busy20:12
pleia2I have drafts of replacements and notes regarding the documentation of our current mentoring infrastructure20:13
jledbetterI can help review too if you need more.20:13
pleia2is there anyone else who wishes to review these, before we bring them to a meeting for more eyes?20:13
pleia2yay jledbetter!20:13
MichelleQjledbetter: awesome20:13
MichelleQanother set of eyes would be terrific20:13
pleia2[ACTION] jledbetter to help with mentoring draft review20:13
Mootbot-UKACTION received:  jledbetter to help with mentoring draft review20:13
pleia2I'll fwd you the notes in a moment20:14
pleia2that's pretty much where we are with that20:14
MichelleQI actually was contacted with a request for a mentor from a new member not too terribly long ago.20:14
pleia2if anyone else wants to have a look, just give me a nudge20:14
pleia2MichelleQ: were you able to help them out?20:15
pleia2great :)20:15
MichelleQI'm pretty ready to go, once we get the process finalized, and some mentors lined up20:15
pleia2good, thanks!20:16
pleia2alrighty, next agenda item20:16
pleia2hajni: are you here?20:16
pleia2[TOPIC] Ubuntu Women Hungary irc subchannel request (#ubuntu-women-hu)20:16
Mootbot-UKNew Topic:  Ubuntu Women Hungary irc subchannel request (#ubuntu-women-hu)20:16
hajniyes, hi all20:17
pleia2welcome hajni20:17
pleia2I think in general we want to support these subchannels as long as the founder is a trusted member of the community20:18
pleia2hajni's wiki page is here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Hajni she does a lot of great work in Hungary :) I'd +1 her for the channel contact20:18
MichelleQI'm good with that20:18
hajniwe have just started our new website for ubuntu women in hungaray (women.ubuntu.hu) and we would like to start a irc channel, too20:18
=== AlanChicken is now known as AlanBell
pleia2that's great20:19
pleia2any objections?20:20
pleia2[AGREED] #ubuntu-women-hu to be created for Ubuntu Women Hungary20:21
Mootbot-UKAGREED received:  #ubuntu-women-hu to be created for Ubuntu Women Hungary20:21
pleia2hajni: feel free to create the channel :) let us know if you need any help with setting it up20:21
hajnithank you20:21
pleia2[ACTION] hajni to create #ubuntu-women-hu20:21
Mootbot-UKACTION received:  hajni to create #ubuntu-women-hu20:21
pleia2[TOPIC] Other announcements, news, etc20:22
Mootbot-UKNew Topic:  Other announcements, news, etc20:22
pleia2anything else before we wrap things up?20:22
MichelleQjledbetter and I are beginning to get to work on organizing a blog-a-thon for Ada Lovelace day20:22
MichelleQwould love to have as much participation in that as possible20:22
pleia2oh good20:22
AlanBellsilbs was interested in that20:23
MichelleQwill nudge20:23
AlanBelland the lady from HR who was at UDS20:23
hypatiado we want to do any kind of formal meetup at SCALE?20:23
hypatiasince a bunch of us will be there20:23
MichelleQI wish we could be there this year.  Just... can't do it this year.  :-/20:23
pleia2hypatia: actually yeah, that'd be great20:23
pleia2I sent a "who is going to scale" mail to the list last week, but it's been a bit quiet in spite of a bunch of us going20:24
pleia2I think akk is speaking too, and akgraner will be there for work20:24
MichelleQboo, I'm sad we can't come.  Was lovely to see akk and akgraner last year20:24
hypatiahow bout i pick a date/time for a meetup when the schedule's a bit more firmed up?20:24
pleia2sounds good :)20:25
pleia2[ACTION] hypatia to organize UW SCaLE meetup20:25
Mootbot-UKACTION received:  hypatia to organize UW SCaLE meetup20:25
pleia2FOSDEM is coming up too, but I don't think we have any of the FOSDEM people around at the moment20:26
hypatiaoh, is anyone going to be at shmoocon aside from maco and me, or is in the DC area otherwise?20:26
MichelleQhypatia: my fam is going to be in the dc area for about a week in March.20:26
hypatiabummer, this is in 2 weeks20:27
hypatiaMichelleQ: we'll get to hang out someday!20:27
MichelleQone of these days!!20:27
pleia2ok, looks like we can end now unless anyone else has anything20:28
MichelleQnothing else here.  :)20:28
pleia2thanks everyone!20:28
Mootbot-UKMeeting finished at 20:28.20:28
AlanBellpleia2: want me to put the minutes up or are you on it already?20:46
pleia2AlanBell: if you have time, feel free20:47
* pleia2 at work20:47
AlanBellsure, I just wanted to share with Pen, I will let you mail the list20:47
pleia2thanks :)20:51
=== ChanServ changed the topic of #ubuntu-women-project to: This Channel is LOGGED | http://ubuntu-women.org | support (mostly) at #ubuntu | channel guidelines: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/IrcGuidelines | Next Meeting: TBD
* pleia2 sees blueprint update20:54
macohypatia: i dont have shmoo tickets, but i'll be back in dc by then. i start work on the 24th!22:33
hypatiayou can borrow my pass if you want to see any particular talk22:34
hypatiai think there'll be a livestream too22:34

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!