=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
pleia2yay, dudanogueira :)00:57
MootBotMeeting started at 19:00. The chair is pleia2.01:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]01:00
pleia2Hello and welcome to the Ubuntu Membership Review Board for the Americas meeting for January 21st 2011. The wiki page for the Review Board is available here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/Americas01:00
pleia2We will attempt to get through all of the applicants that have added themselves to that list before today's meeting. If we are unable to make it through the entire list due to time constraints, then at the next meeting we will pick up where we left off.01:00
pleia2The format for the meeting is as follows: We will go through the list of applicants one by one, by date of application (FIFO).01:01
pleia2Each applicant should introduce themselves (1-5 sentences) and provide links to their Ubuntu Wiki page. After the introduction the members of the Membership Review Board will review the pages and, if needed, ask the applicant further questions.01:01
pleia2During this time it is encouraged for other members of the community to show their support for the applicant. Do not be alarmed if the members of the Membership Review Board are quiet during this time; they are most likely reading wiki/launchpad/forum/other pages and deciding how they are going to vote.01:01
pleia2When the board is ready to vote, they will publicly vote in the channel with either +1, 0, or -1 (for membership, abstain, and against membership, respectively). If the sum of those numbers is positive, then the applicant is now an official Ubuntu member! (feel free congratulate them!)01:01
pleia2Now, with any further ado, lets get started with the first applicant...01:02
pleia2is geeknik here?01:02
pleia2ok, james78?01:02
james78I am here.01:03
pleia2[TOPIC] james78 membership01:03
MootBotNew Topic:  james78 membership01:03
pleia2james78: please go ahead and introduce yourself :)01:03
Legendariohello everybody01:04
Legendariojust pinging here01:04
dudanogueiraLegendario: heya!01:04
james78Hi, I'm James, and my wiki page is at the end. I've been working with computers for many many years (7 or so). I started with Ubuntu around 8.04 (september 2008) and have been loving it ever since. I mostly help people out in the Ubuntu forums and IRC. I love helping people out and giving technical support. :) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/roejames1201:04
nhandlerjames78: Who added the recommendations to your wiki? It only has first names, and it appears you have made all of the edits to that page01:05
james78Yes, I indeed have.01:05
james78Those recommendations came from 2 people I know on MSN.01:05
james78There was a 3rd person who was going to add theres in, but they never got around too it.01:05
Legendariohi dudanogueira!01:05
dindajames78: so why are you going for your membership?01:06
dindajames78: and are active in any loco teams?  events?01:07
dudanogueirajames78:  where in the world are you? do you have some involvement with nearby locos?01:07
dudanogueiraoops :)01:07
dindagmta :)01:07
james78As said earlier, I love helping people out, and giving technical support. But on a better note, in the future, I plan on giving and maintaining a better role in the Ubuntu community. Documentation, packaging, bug triaging, and of course bug reporting! Just whatever work that needs to get done. :)01:08
dindajames78: dudanogueira and I are on the membership council, that's why we're asking so many questions01:08
* greg-g waves01:08
james78I am currently not affiliated with any loco teams. I live in College Place Washington, and if I remember right from looking up the loco teams, there aren't any around here, but I can certainly start one up sometime. :)01:09
dindajames78: we can certainly use your help in documentation!  and all those other teams too01:09
nhandlerjames78: I'm seeing http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-washington and http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/washingtonstate01:09
dindajames78: so about two years of active involvement, would you say?01:10
james78Right around there ya. I was more on and off for a better part of the year, but within the last 7 or 8 months I've been getting much much more involved, especially with helping people out in the Ubuntu forums./01:11
dindajames78: do you think you could get recommendations from some of the forums team members?01:12
james78I believe I can. I know that a few have seen me around helping people.01:13
james78CharlesA would be one of them.01:14
pleia2james78: you've been doing some great work, but I think we'd really like to see you getting into some of those areas you mentioned, documentation, packaging, bug triaging and reporting01:14
greg-gjames78: it would be good to have them add their endorsement to your wiki page themselves01:14
dindajames78: agreed, maybe have one or two of them come speak for you here01:15
greg-gwithout endorsements from known people, it is hard for us to make a decision, you know?01:16
james78I agree. Makes perfect sense.01:16
dudanogueirajames78: you are almost there! keep up the good work :)01:17
greg-gjames78: so, go ahead and ask those people for those endorsements and, of course, keep doing good work and expanding your sphere of involvement and come back for membership in a little01:17
pleia2ghoulmann, are you here?01:18
ghoulmannMy name is Rik Goldman, I have a deep commitment to literature, rhetoric, education, social justice and liberation. I'm eager to continue to explore with an invested community how Ubuntu can can be an asset as we serve these interests. I am a literature and composition instructor, and now find myself an advanced technology instructor. I have worked with IT since 1996, until now always ancillary to my work with wi01:18
pleia2[TOPIC] ghoulmann membership01:18
MootBotNew Topic:  ghoulmann membership01:18
dindahi ghoulmann!  just matched the nick with the work - excellent to have you here!01:19
ghoulmannthank you!01:19
ghoulmannit's great to be able to be here.01:19
ghoulmannI began using ubuntu on secondary machines in 2005 after many years of changing distros and experimenting.01:20
ghoulmannUltimately I chose ubuntu for my home machines and committed my lab at the school to open source resources, with ubuntu as a foundation01:20
dindaghoulmann: were you at the last UDS?01:21
pleia2yay for ubuntu in school labs :)01:21
greg-gghoulmann: awesome, I'm really happy to hear about floss in the classrooom/education01:21
ghoulmannno but apparently I came up in school server in a box discusison01:21
dindaghoulmann: you did!01:21
dindaghoulmann: we really need more educators telling their stories and helping to grow the community01:22
ghoulmannit's been a really energizing experience. it also has me keeping assessment authentic, being able to have them contribute, rather then doing enervating drills.01:22
dudanogueiraghoulmann: that's very good! open source has everything to do with education!01:22
greg-gghoulmann: when did your lab go Ubuntu?01:23
ghoulmannAnd i see Ubuntu, espec. with the code of conduct, as the transportation for the technologies that will serve the underserved.01:23
Legendariodudanogueira, ghoulmann, I also agree. Education and free software make the perfect couple01:23
ghoulmannAt the end of summer, students converted all the machines, with the blessing of sys admin and head of school01:23
dudanogueirathey did it by themselfs?01:24
dudanogueirathat's it cool01:24
ghoulmannBased on the success the students had the prior year.01:24
greg-gawesome. I have so many questions for you, but they aren't about membership related things, so I'll stay quiet :)01:24
dindaghoulmann: doph!  I just realized that article from T.H.E was about you!01:24
ghoulmannThey had support, an array of tools provided to choose from01:24
* ghoulmann blush01:24
dindaread that last year and just now got the connection to Chelsea01:24
pleia2ok, I think we're ready to vote (only board members voting, please)01:24
pleia2[VOTE] ghoulmann membership01:25
MootBotPlease vote on:  ghoulmann membership.01:25
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot01:25
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting01:25
MootBot+1 received from pleia2. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 101:25
MootBot+1 received from greg-g. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 201:25
MootBot+1 received from dudanogueira. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 301:25
MootBot+1 received from dinda. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 401:25
pleia2oh there01:25
ghoulmannTHank you for the opportunity.01:25
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 401:25
ghoulmannand the support.01:25
pleia2congrats and welcome ghoulmann! :)01:25
pabelangerghoulmann: Congrats!01:25
dudanogueiraghoulmann: we are the one to thank you ;)01:25
dindaWelcome!  now keep up the good work :)01:25
greg-gcongrats and welcome, ghoulmann !01:26
porthose_ghoulmann, congrats :)01:26
pleia2[TOPIC] Legendario membership01:26
MootBotNew Topic:  Legendario membership01:26
ghoulmannvery proud of all the support i've received.01:26
greg-gghoulmann: the support is why we all love this community :)01:26
Legendariocongrats ghoulmann, good to see someone with education background here01:26
Legendarioi am ready01:26
pleia2Legendario: please go ahead and introduce yourself :)01:27
Legendarioi live in Brazil01:27
Legendarioi am graduated in performing arts01:27
Legendariobut got interested about free software in college01:28
Legendariogot vicius to it01:28
Legendariolater on got closer to the loco team01:28
Legendarioand ended up leadering it01:28
pleia2that's great01:29
Legendarioright now I am at campus party brazil01:29
Legendariowe are making a huge install fest here01:29
james78That's pretty cool. Showing people the new opportunities and world of Ubuntu. :)01:30
Legendarioin short that's it01:30
Legendarioi guess my wiki page tells it a lot better01:30
LegendarioI hope so01:30
pleia2yes, very good wiki page01:30
LegendarioI am not alone here. The rest of the team is with me too01:31
Legendariothey make a great work01:31
greg-gLegendario: yeah, teams make it all so much better01:32
Legendarioohhh, I've started a second bachelors degree in software development because of my relationship with free software01:32
greg-gLegendario: nice!01:32
pleia2[VOTE] Legendario membership01:32
Legendariogreg-g, I just love it! It's pretty fun and rewarding01:32
MootBotPlease vote on:  Legendario membership.01:32
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot01:32
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting01:32
MootBot+1 received from pleia2. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 101:32
greg-g+1 #great contributions and activity in the loco, wonderful testimonials01:33
MootBot+1 received from greg-g. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 201:33
MootBot+1 received from dudanogueira. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 301:33
MootBot+1 received from dinda. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 401:33
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 401:33
pleia2congrats and welcome, Legendario! keep up the great work! :)01:33
greg-gcongrats and welcome aboard, Legendario !01:33
pleia2nobuto: are you here?01:33
Legendariothank you guys! thanks a lot01:33
dudanogueiraLegendario: welcome!! spread ubuntu at campus party!!!01:34
pleia2[TOPIC] nobuto membership01:34
MootBotNew Topic:  nobuto membership01:34
greg-ggo ahead and please introduce yourself, nobuto01:34
nobuto * As a member of Japanese LoCo Team since August 2009, I attended FOSS events and made presentations to promote Ubuntu.01:34
nobuto * I wrote articles about Ubuntu in Japan.01:34
Legendariodudanogueira, don't you worry ;-)01:34
pleia2nobuto: wow, you do a lot of event work!01:36
dudanogueirayeah!!! we do need social people!!01:36
nobutoIn a event, I met persia(Emmet Hikory). He suggested me to apply membership.01:37
greg-gcool, good ole persia.01:38
greg-gnobuto: I'm curious why you are applying in the America's review board instead of the Asia/Pacific one.01:38
pleia2I had no idea there was an ubuntu magazine japan01:38
nobutoAsia/Oceania membership meeting is not well held since October last year.01:39
pleia2yeah, they've had trouble getting quorum01:39
greg-gnobuto: ahhhhhh, that makes sense :)01:39
dudanogueiranobuto: I can see you did some documentations on another website. Is it possible to write it on the ubuntu wiki?01:39
greg-gI'm sorry about that, nobuto.01:39
nobutoduanedesign: My domumentation is mainly in Japanese.01:40
nobutoNow my documentation is held in LoCo's wiki.01:40
dudanogueiraoh, that's the loco wiki (http://gihyo.jp/admin/serial/01/ubuntu-recipe/0143)?01:41
nobutosorry, no. wiki is https://wiki.ubuntulinux.jp/01:41
pleia2[VOTE] nobuto membership01:43
MootBotPlease vote on:  nobuto membership.01:43
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot01:43
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting01:43
MootBot+1 received from nhandler. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 101:43
MootBot+1 received from pleia2. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 201:43
MootBot+1 received from dudanogueira. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 301:43
MootBot+1 received from dinda. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 401:43
MootBot+1 received from greg-g. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 501:44
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 501:44
nhandlerCongratulations nobuto!01:44
greg-gcongrats and welcome aboard, nobuto !01:44
pleia2congrats and welcome nobuto!01:44
dudanogueiranobuto: be welcome!! and keep up the social part!! we really need it01:44
pleia2pabelanger: are you here?01:44
pabelangerYes and good evening01:44
pleia2[TOPIC] pabelanger membership01:44
MootBotNew Topic:  pabelanger membership01:44
dudanogueiraYeahhh! I LOVE Asterisk :)01:45
pleia2pabelanger: please introduce yourself :)01:45
pabelangerHello, my name is Paul Belanger.  I currently live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.  I'm a software developer for the open source project Asterisk and would like to help support Ubuntu-VoIP :)01:45
nhandlerpabelanger: Any LoCo participation?01:45
pabelangerI've been using open source for the last 15years, Ubuntu specifically since 200701:46
pabelangernhandler: I attend a the local Ottawa Canada Linux User Group, but nothing local for Ubuntu.01:46
dudanogueirapabelanger: do you know about the AsteriskOnUbuntu initiative? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AsteriskOnUbuntu01:47
pabelangerI've been recently helping triage issue on the launchpad issue tracker and package upgrades.01:47
pabelangerduanedesign: Yes, I've seen it in the past and help test some of the existing packages before they were merged.  I would be more then happy to provide feedback and assistance with it.01:48
Legendarioowww! I don't want to disturb the meeting but I told everybody on the list and the ones who made my testimonial that I had a surprise to tell01:49
dudanogueirayeah, I remember the asterisk-mysql had some bugs on it...01:50
pabelangerYa, realtime support for the Asterisk package does need work.  Most SOHO users wouldn't need database access, however the realtime aspect is nice01:50
LegendarioThe news is that I'm going to me the new editor for linux new media brazil01:50
LegendarioI'm going to work on linux magazine brazil and ubuntu user brazil01:51
pleia2pabelanger: what would you say is your biggest contribution directly to ubuntu thus far?01:51
dudanogueiraLegendario: that's very good!! Congrats!!! Is this Rafael's Peregrino Magazine?01:51
Legendarioso, I believe ubuntu will be in good hands... ;-). dudanogueira , that's exactly it01:52
pabelangerpleia2: Bug triage, my experience with upstream Asterisk allows me to quickly triage issues.01:52
pabelangeras well as end user support on IRC.01:53
nhandlerpabelanger: What is the polybeacon team?01:53
pabelangernhandler: A test, I was trying to get familiar with launchpad. I used it a few months ago to repack some asterisk packages.  I was attempting to add better realtime packaging for Asterisk.01:54
pabelangernhandler: I didn't fully understand the concept of PPAs then01:55
greg-gpabelanger: so you were working on updating packages for asterisk, does that mean you have submitted debdiffs for inclusion or something similar?01:56
pabelangergreg-g: Correct,  I'm working on Asterisk 1.8 packaging locally.  With the plan to convert it to use bzr-buildpackaging.   I'd also like to start creating daily-builds, similar to chromium.01:58
greg-gpabelanger: have you thought about working with MOTU to get updates to asterisk directly in Ubuntu?01:58
pabelangergreg-g: Yes, that is the next step.  I want to help make the Ubuntu VoIP team more active: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-voip01:59
dudanogueirapabelanger: Humm. I would love to have it in order to update AsteriskOnUbuntu :)02:00
pleia2pabelanger: obviously you do amazing work with asterisk (thank you, I use it on debian :)), but I think I'd like to see a bit more Ubuntu specific work that you've mentioned you have interest in before supporting membership02:00
pabelangerdudanogueira: for sure02:00
pabelangerpleia2: Understood, if more active contributions for Asterisk in Ubuntu are needed...02:01
greg-gpabelanger: I have to agree with pleia2, that is why I was asking about the MOTU/debdiff work. I would love to see you breath some new life into the VOIP/AsteriskOnUbuntu teams.02:02
pabelangergreg-g: No problem.  Let me do that first and reapply02:04
pleia2great, thanks for all the triaging work you do!02:04
pleia2udienz: are you here?02:04
greg-gpabelanger: awesome, I do really appreciate all your hard work. You're a great asset to the larger FLOSS community02:04
udienzpleia2, yup02:04
dudanogueirapabelanger: that's great! I have an old computer sitting around with a X100P (I know, it's bad), and I'll update AsteriskOnUbuntu to 1.8 as soon as I have the time and the packages are available :)02:04
pleia2[TOPIC] udienz membership02:05
MootBotNew Topic:  udienz membership02:05
udienzHi my name is Mahyuddin Susanto, i come from Surabaya, Indonesia. I'm graduated from Electrical Engineering.02:05
udienzim Loco stuff in Ubuntu Indonesia as known as www.ubuntu-id.org, but having trouble with servers and domain. we (i) have contacted canonical/loco board/rt.ubuntu.com yet and we (i) still waiting for next action. i'm administrator in Loco Servers and administrator in other Loco Stuff.02:05
pabelangergreg-g: thanks02:05
pabelangerdudanogueira: keep an eye out02:05
udienzin past time, i'm Ubuntu member, but i forget to apllied again. http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2008/06/10/%23ubuntu-meeting.html. since 2 month i try to applied again, but every membership meeting has been cancelled because lack of quorum or because limitted time02:05
udienzSince Maverick +1, i'm working in FTBFS fixing especially in DSO linker. i have uploaded ~40 packages in Ubuntu archive https://launchpad.net/~udienz/+uploaded-packages02:05
pleia2udienz: oh! since you were an ubuntu member we can just readd you :) no need for applying again02:06
pleia2welcome back02:06
greg-gyeah, and your contributions are pretty extensive02:06
udienzpleia2, greg-g thanks02:07
nhandlerCongratulations udienz02:07
dudanogueiraagreed. VERY extensive :)02:07
udienznhandler, :) my pleasure02:07
udienzdudanogueira, thanks!02:07
nhandlerKeep up the good work udienz02:07
greg-gwelcome (back) aboard, udienz ! :)02:07
dudanogueiraheeeeeeyyy, I know a big fan of claws-mail under ubuntu :)02:07
udienznhandler, i'm looking forward to UBT team now02:08
pleia2Rafik: readded you, it even preserves your original membership date :)02:08
pleia2err udienz02:08
pleia2wow, tab faaail02:08
greg-gthanks to everyone for coming out tonight!02:09
pleia2thanks everyone!02:09
MootBotMeeting finished at 20:09.02:09
dudanogueirayeaaah, thanks! and congrats for the new members :)02:09
james78Congrats guys. :)02:09
pleia2james78: hope to see you again soon :)02:09
james78pleia2: Sure thing. :)02:10
dudanogueirabye all!!!02:14
james78Bye. I'll be back next time, hopefully with a few more endorsements. :D02:15
=== ogra is now known as Guest96093
=== IdleOne is now known as gpc
=== ogra is now known as ogra_
=== ogra_ is now known as ogra
=== apachelogger is now known as releaselogger
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== head_v is now known as head_victim
=== head_victim is now known as head_victim_lapy
=== head_victim_lapy is now known as head_victim
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann_
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann_
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== fader_ is now known as fader
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== JamieBennettt is now known as JamieBennett
* marjo waves16:01
* joshuahoover waves16:02
* charlie-tca observing16:02
* victorp says hola16:03
victorpno skaet today?16:05
cjwatsonoh, skaet said she was in .au and asked me to drive16:06
cjwatsonbut I'd forgotten about that, so give me a minute to prep16:06
apwthere is a cat who must be executive platinum16:07
cjwatsonapw: ...16:07
cjwatsonoh, ISWYM now :)16:07
MootBotMeeting started at 10:08. The chair is cjwatson.16:08
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:08
cjwatsonAlpha-2 is just under two weeks away, and the 10.04.2 freeze has started; 10.04.2 is due in just under four weeks.16:09
cjwatson[TOPIC] Action review16:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Action review16:09
cjwatsonmost of these are skaet's, so can't usefully update on those16:10
cjwatson[leads] please scrub bugs for those that are needed for alpha 2, vs. ok later, so we can focus list16:10
cjwatsongeneral reminder on this; I've been doing this today for foundations16:10
cjwatsonAnyone have anything they need to add here?16:11
cjwatson(going, going, gone)16:12
cjwatson[TOPIC] QA team update - marjo16:12
MootBotNew Topic:  QA team update - marjo16:12
marjo * Natty Alpha 2 Work Items16:12
marjo http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-platform-qa-natty-alpha-2.html16:12
marjo Good progress; hggdh & zul working on server work items16:12
marjo  * Bugsquad Roadmap: 'Add support information to bug reporting guidelines' Done. Workaround found to blocking bug http://launchpad.net/bugs/69278716:12
ubottuUbuntu bug 692787 in Launchpad itself "unable to update Ubuntu bug reporting guidelines" [Critical,In progress]16:12
marjo * weekly testing status:16:13
marjo QA Dashboard16:13
marjo http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/qadashboard/qadashboard.html16:13
marjoNote: Unity and Ubiquity in top 5 with new bugs16:13
marjo Desktop Automated Testing results16:13
marjoNote: Over 260 test cases in 2D mode and over 240 in Unity mode16:13
MootBotLINK received:  http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/desktop-testing/natty/16:13
marjothx to jibel, pedro, hggdh2, patrickmw,bdmurray16:14
marjo Server Automated Testing results16:14
marjo hggdh investigating the 2 failures16:14
marjo * Bugs:16:14
marjo 692787 in Launchpad itself "unable to update Ubuntu bug reporting guidelines" Workaround found; work item was completed using the workaround.16:14
* cjwatson wonders what's going on with initramfs-tools new bugs; many of them have absolutely nothing to do with i-t16:14
apwcjwatson, something to do with being a trigger perhaps ?16:15
cjwatsoncould be16:15
cjwatsonmarjo: was there any progress on making installer logs visible in the server test output?16:15
jibelcjwatson, that's a pb with console-setup and a missing /etc/default/keyboard16:16
marjocjwatson: hggdh2 did some work on that at rally, but not done yet16:16
cjwatsonjibel: that's fixed16:16
cjwatsonand doesn't account for things like libreoffice bugs16:16
marjocjwatson: but it looks doable16:16
cjwatsonok, any further questions?16:17
cjwatson[TOPIC] Hardware Certification team update - ara16:18
MootBotNew Topic:  Hardware Certification team update - ara16:18
cjwatsonor maybe not ara16:18
victorpThis week we run into several issues during our weekly testing.16:19
victorpOn servers, we found a bug in debian-installer introduced by a recent16:19
victorpchange, that made the installation failed. We filed a bug:16:19
victorpand contacted the ubuntu-installer team. Colin Watson followed it up and16:19
MootBotLINK received:16:19
ubottuUbuntu bug 705377 in partman-partitioning (Ubuntu) "Debian installer prompts for partition type when installing Ubuntu server" [High,Fix released]16:19
victorpfound the root cause. He fixed the issue and it should be working in16:19
victorptoday's ISOs.16:19
victorpOn clients, we didn't get enough results and we are still investigating16:19
victorpthe root cause. In one of the clients that didn't report back we did a16:19
victorpmanual installation of the same daily image and it went OK. We are in the16:19
victorpprocess of collecting enough logs to raise a bug for Ubiquity.16:19
* victorp giving people time to read16:19
cjwatsonright, sorry about that regression16:19
victorpall good16:19
victorpthe problem with the client still not rca yet16:20
victorpwe should have the bug raised before end of the day16:20
victorpmight be related to how we use preseeds16:20
cjwatsonyeah, I saw ara asking about that this morning16:20
victorpthat is all from cert this week16:20
cjwatsonas I said to her then, I'm not *aware* of fundamental preseeding changes, and if there are any that may well be a bug in itself16:21
cjwatsonany questions?16:21
* victorp thanks everyone for the weekly testing effort16:22
cjwatsonvictorp: oh, anything on bug 702166 (from the agenda)?16:22
ubottuLaunchpad bug 702166 in linux (Ubuntu) "Oops during install of Natty on HP ProLiant ML350 G5" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/70216616:22
* victorp is checking16:23
victorpcjwatson - I am checking to make sure I dont get the bugs confused, let me get back to you on that16:24
* ScottK is here now.16:25
cjwatsonvictorp: ok, no rush16:25
cjwatsoncan move on in the meantime16:25
cjwatson[TOPIC] Security team update - jdstrand16:25
MootBotNew Topic:  Security team update - jdstrand16:26
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty16:26
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty16:26
jdstrand[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-security.html16:26
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-security.html16:26
jdstrandNot a lot to report. This last week we have been focusing on stable release updates and have also been fixing security issues in natty. We either committed or fixed the few milestoned bugs from last week.16:26
jdstrandWe have no milestoned features for alpha-2.16:26
* victorp says : bug seems a valid bug, cr3 will reply to apw on the bug comment16:27
cjwatsonhah, amusing work item chart cliff there16:27
jdstrandyes :)16:27
jdstrandwell, there were several pie in the sky items that shouldn't have been work items in the first place, so we cleaned that up16:27
jdstrandpie in the sky is probably overstated-- more natty+116:28
* cjwatson nods16:29
cjwatsonany questions?16:29
cjwatsonthanks jdstrand16:30
cjwatson[TOPIC] Kernel team update - apw16:30
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel team update - apw16:30
apwOverall status is reported at the first link below.  Burn down for the release milestone is at the second link below.  Burndown for the cycle is at the third link:16:31
apwNOTE: as code-hosting is down currently some of the graphs may be several hours out of date!16:31
apw[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty16:31
apw[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-kernel-team-natty-alpha-2.html16:31
apw[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-kernel-team.svg16:31
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty16:31
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-kernel-team-natty-alpha-2.html16:31
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-kernel-team.svg16:31
apwWe are progressing on our natty-alpha-2 items, some of the natty-alpha-1 items remain but we continue to close them.  The remaining pushed out items are listed with background on the overall status above (first link).  Overall burndown we are still below the line, so we still hope to be able to catch up.16:31
apwOf the bugs called out on the agenda, a few are now basically fixed:16:31
apw#542660, #600453, and #681877 are all stalled waiting on a v2.6.38-rc1 based kernel to test (see below);16:31
apw#539467 has been passed to desktop for implementation;16:31
apw#605042 has been reproduced further testing requested;16:31
apw#621195 benign message suppressed for Natty, Fix Committed;16:31
apw#630748 experimental firmware looking better but not yet fixed, waiting on Intel;16:31
apw#636091 affects maverick live environment, requested natty testing;16:31
apw#682617 is confirmed as a pulseaudio issue, moved there;16:31
apw#686692 memory size prevented ec2 instance start, bug found and patches pushed upstream and to natty, Fix Committed;16:31
apwand #702166 has truncated bug output, requested information.16:31
apwThe main distro kernel remains at v2.6.37, we will remain on this version for a couple of weeks while the early 2.6.38 release candidates shake out.  We are working on getting a v2.6.38-rc1 based kernel which will boot on both 32 and 86 bit systems in preparation for upload once stable.16:32
cjwatson86-bit :-)16:32
apwheh oops16:32
cjwatsonanyone have questions?16:33
cjwatson[TOPIC] Foundations team update - cjwatson16:34
MootBotNew Topic:  Foundations team update - cjwatson16:34
* cjwatson switches hats16:34
cjwatson[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-foundations.html16:34
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-foundations.html16:34
cjwatsonGood feature progress at the rally; very little visible progress since then unfortunately (although mvo's been at another sprint, and a lot of the remaining work items are his).  Several of the in-progress items are nearing completion though.16:34
cjwatsonInteresting feature progress this week that isn't showing up:16:34
cjwatson - LibreOffice -> natty16:34
cjwatson - evaluating multiple test rebuilds, including one for gcc-4.6 (http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~wgrant/rebuild-ftbfs-test/test-rebuild-20110111-gcc-natty.html)16:35
cjwatson - fixed some of the graphical boot problems identified at the rally16:35
cjwatson - processing review feedback on upstart override handling16:35
cjwatson - started on upstart job visualisation work16:35
cjwatson - working on setting up easily snapshottable btrfs snapshots in installer by default16:35
cjwatsonskaet asked about the milestoned bugs on the agenda last week, and we didn't have much to report.  By way of amends, we've been doing a bit better this week:16:35
cjwatsonAlpha-2 bugs:16:35
cjwatson675347: in progress upstream (Linaro)16:35
cjwatson680328: can't reproduce, asked for test sequence16:35
cjwatson684052: Evan said at the rally that this would be easy; poked him again16:35
cjwatson684703: have checked with doko, although I think this has been worked around; marked incomplete for now16:35
cjwatson686263: looks to me like only ubuntu-mir members can get anywhere with this; commented asking for clarification16:35
cjwatsonAlpha-3 bugs:16:35
cjwatson664276, 664397: no status at this time; will ask Barry about it after alpha-216:35
cjwatson691671: patch doesn't fix the bug; Evan has followed up saying so; needs more work, marked for alpha-316:35
cjwatsonBeta-1 bugs:16:35
cjwatson553745: still no information, as Scott said previous attempts to fix have made it worse; won't rush this one, so pushed to beta-116:35
cjwatson645818: this should be tractable, but we released maverick with this so pushed to beta-116:35
cjwatson671016: just a website change now, pushed to beta-116:36
cjwatson690873: can safely be left for beta-1 at this point, per its milestone16:36
cjwatsonUnmilestoned bugs:16:36
cjwatson684083: can't reproduce on my nvidia hardware, asked reporter to confirm; could be system-specific16:36
cjwatsonFour other bugs fixed or marked won't fix since the last meeting (see the agenda).16:36
cjwatson(I've not triggered ubottu on those to save your scrollback buffers)16:36
cjwatsonwe are now one staff member down, so bear with us :-(16:36
cjwatsonthat's all, any questions?16:36
cjwatsonall right, I get off easy then16:37
cjwatson[TOPIC] Server team update - zul16:37
MootBotNew Topic:  Server team update - zul16:37
zul[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty16:37
zulHi, the trend line for the burndown charts pretty good and we are just a little behind the trend line. Alot of progress has been made this week. Cobbler is now in the archive, and Eucalyptus has a solution for a FTBFS to be uploaded this week. Daviey would like some help from the foundations for the axis2c ftbfs fix. Clint has been working with the foundations on bug Bug #672177. Notable outstanding bugs this week:16:37
zul697105 - apache2 - Segfault on POST (in progress)16:37
zul684875 - cloud-init - Patch to Natty 2.6.37-virtual breaks non EC2 kernels16:37
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty16:37
zul656646 - cloud-init - transient network/keyscan issues16:37
ubottuLaunchpad bug 672177 in upstart (Ubuntu) "libc6 upgrade causes umount to fail on shutdown because init cannot be restarted" [Critical,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/67217716:37
zulthats all any questions?16:37
apwthat cloud-innit thing, what was the config change ?16:38
zuli think so16:38
zuli havent been able to talk smoser today16:39
cjwatsonok, I'll find somebody to help you out with axis2c, although doko has pointed the way somewhat already it seems16:39
dokozul: I sent feedback about axi2c16:39
cjwatsonis doko's feedback enough, or do you need more?16:39
zuldoko: great...ill talk to daviey about it then16:40
cjwatson(it was two weeks ago)16:40
Davieydoko, hmm, where did you send it?16:41
cjwatsonDaviey: it's in the bug?16:41
ubottuUbuntu bug 600174 in axis2c (Ubuntu Natty) "axis2c fails to build from source on maverick/i386" [High,Confirmed]16:41
cjwatsonok, let's move on16:43
cjwatson[TOPIC] Desktop team update - pitti16:44
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop team update - pitti16:44
cjwatsonor not pitti16:44
cjwatson(sorry, am c&ping from last week's log16:44
seb128yeah, pitti is travelling back today16:44
seb128he was at the GNOME hacking fest in prague this week16:44
seb128 16:44
seb128[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:44
seb128[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-desktop-team.html16:44
seb128[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-desktop-team-natty-alpha-2.html16:44
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus16:44
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-desktop-team.html16:44
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-desktop-team-natty-alpha-2.html16:44
seb128Weekly update:16:44
seb128* New unity and indicator stack ported to gdbus landed, some issues but things are mostly working16:44
seb128* LibreOffice landed in natty this week (thanks doko)16:44
seb128* Decided to stay on GNOME 2.32 for natty, GNOME3 will be packaged in a ppa and land next cycle16:44
seb128683100: known compiz issue (should be dx?)16:45
seb128676166: need investigation16:45
seb128684704: Riddell said he will have a look16:45
seb128685682: dx issue being worked16:45
seb128688776: should be sponsoring today16:45
seb128688861: need investigation16:45
seb128690461: known dx,compiz issue16:45
seb128691671: need investigation16:45
seb128692665: being worked, the langomatic issue has been fixed16:45
seb128692823: known dx,compiz issue16:45
seb128693073: known dx,compiz issue16:45
seb128696527: libreoffice issue, need work16:45
seb128704770: build issue that still need to be worked16:45
seb128705572: being investigated16:45
seb128 16:45
seb128that's all from me, questions?16:46
cjwatsonglad we're not the only team swamped in bugs :)16:46
seb128though to be fair most of ours are due to dx :p16:46
cjwatsondo you know what's happening about the libreoffice size issues?  I saw chatter on IRC the other day about that, but didn't see a resolution16:46
* seb128 runs away from dbarth__16:46
dokoabout 696527: the CD size issue is fixed. the Human icons not16:46
dbarth__seb128: it'll be my turn16:46
seb128doko, ok, thanks16:46
seb128cjwatson, seems doko knows better about those16:47
seb128see his comment16:47
cjwatsonhttp://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/ is still massively oversized, though it failed to build today I think16:47
MootBotLINK received:  http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/ is still massively oversized, though it failed to build today I think16:47
ogramove to arm, ours are only 470M big ... Loffice will fit easily :)16:48
cjwatsonhm, no, it failed on amd64, but i386 built this morning and is 66MB oversized16:48
dokocjwatson: yes, libreoffice-l10n was just accepted, you could retry a rebuild in about 1h16:48
cjwatsonah, ok, I'll just let cron do it tomorrow then16:48
cjwatsonany other questions?16:48
cjwatson[TOPIC] Ubuntu One Team - joshuahoover16:49
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu One Team - joshuahoover16:49
joshuahoover[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/NattyReleaseStatus16:49
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/NattyReleaseStatus16:49
joshuahoover[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/NattyReleaseStatus16:49
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/NattyReleaseStatus16:49
joshuahooverdetails on where we're at with blueprints and releases are in the link above16:49
joshuahooverwork on improving syncdaemon performance continues, with resumable uploads finishing up this week...this means when you have that large file uploading and sync gets disrupted (sleep, lost net connection, etc.) u1 will continue the transfer where it last left off once it's connected again16:49
joshuahooverunity integration work started in earnest this week, along with work on u1 notifications16:50
joshuahooverwe should have some new packages up next week to show off some of this work :-)16:50
joshuahooverand that's about it16:50
cjwatsonnice work on the bug list, judging from the agenda16:51
cjwatsonany questions?16:51
cjwatson[TOPIC] Kubuntu Team update - Riddell16:52
MootBotNew Topic:  Kubuntu Team update - Riddell16:52
Riddell * packagers now have KDE SC 4.6 tars, ninjas are jumping into action16:52
Riddell * some arm issues to investigate, qtwebkit, kdesdk16:52
Riddell * 15 bugs I've milestoned for alpha 2, they won't all make it, but we can try http://goo.gl/yGhJd16:52
Riddell * most important bugs are a couple of ubiquity issues I'll look at once KDE packaging is done16:52
Riddell * progress being made on todo list but slowly https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todo16:52
cjwatsonkeyboard selector broken: wonder if that's my fault, it probably is :-/16:53
cjwatsonI can have a look at that one16:54
cjwatsonany other questions?16:55
cjwatsonRiddell: oh, skaet put a note on the agenda saying "status update needed?" for http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/kubuntu-dev.html - is that a remotely useful list, or does it need pruning?16:56
=== dbarth__ is now known as dbarth
cjwatsonI suppose that's mostly Kubuntu/Todo/Natty16:56
Riddellyeah, I prefer to just look at the todo page directly16:57
Riddellbut there's probably tidying up to be done16:57
Riddellgive me an action item if you like :)16:58
cjwatson[ACTION] Riddell to clean up kubuntu-dev work items chart16:58
MootBotACTION received:  Riddell to clean up kubuntu-dev work items chart16:58
cjwatson[TOPIC] Desktop Experience Team Update - dbarth16:58
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop Experience Team Update - dbarth16:58
dbarththe weekly notes are at the usual place: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/NattyReleaseStatus16:59
dbarthquick summary16:59
dbarthwe barely on the trend line, but reasonnably so16:59
dbarthunity, bamf releases this week again: the places are back!17:00
dbarthpartly, ie the homescreen is there, which is really a lot of the places view infrastructure being back into unity17:00
dbarthno real, decisive progress on the compiz bugs however17:00
dbarthdespite all the efforts sam and others put into trying to narrow down the stacking order issues17:01
marjodbarth: what's blocking you on compiz bugs progress?17:01
dbarthat least we know 0.9 was broken since a long time, and it's window stack is really inconsistent compared to what the xserver knows17:01
dbarthwe know how to reproduce17:01
dbarthwe don't know why the de-synchromixzation is so important17:02
dbarthactually, we spot issues since the very start of compiz and can't say then why the different signals we're getting don't result in the same resync that 0.8 is doing17:02
marjodbarth: so, you're continuing root cause analysis, it seems17:02
dbarthwe've tried porting a couplpe of late 0.87 fixes, but there is a more fundamental problem17:02
marjodbarth: ack & good luck17:03
dbarthunity foundations: mostly a release to integrate fixes required for the appmenu XUL work from chrisccoulson17:03
dbarthqa, we've put some initial efforts into stopping the bug count to rise17:04
dbarthand we know have a plan discussed within the team and with desktop / platforom to improve reactivity17:04
dbarthwe have a couple of bugs fixes in flight:17:05
dbarth683100: inprogress17:05
dbarth685682: inrpogress17:05
dbarth692823: inprogress17:05
dbarth690461: inprogress17:05
dbarth693073: inprogres17:05
dbarth657771: postponed17:05
dbarth637827: inprogresse17:05
dbarth683065: not started17:05
dbarth689179: postponed17:05
dbarth695638: inprogress17:05
dbarth628727: invalid17:05
dbarth676166: invalid17:05
dbarth526642: invalid17:05
dbarth684193: fixed17:05
dbarthand a couple of xies and invalid bugs as well, from the release team radar17:05
dbarthie, that's it for me17:06
cjwatson17:05 <dbarth> and a couple of xies and invalid bugs as well, from the release team radar17:06
cjwatsonI was wondering what xies meant17:07
dbarthfixes, sorry17:07
cjwatsonoh!  right, entirely failed to autocorrect in my head :)17:07
cjwatsonok, thanks17:07
dbarththat's DX for fixing bugs ;)17:07
cjwatson[TOPIC] ARM team update - ogra17:07
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM team update - ogra17:07
ograme !17:07
ograStatus is at:17:07
ogra * Images are building again since today \o/17:07
ogra * Half the team was busy over the rally and this week to get unity-2d packaging in shape (we added a new spec for this to track work)17:07
ogra * Kernel is still 2.6.35 for OMAP 4, TI planning to push a 2.6.38 tree later on17:08
ogra * Mainline Kernel for OMAP 3 is integrated in the images now17:08
ogra * Only some WI work was done during sprint and this week due to various interceptions17:08
ogra * Maverick kernel SRU testing is going on17:08
ogra * A segfault we found in unity-2d seems to be arm specific (bug is below)17:08
ogra * For full unity-2d integration we are waiting for the new unity-places API to land and for some code rework of the unity-2d team for the new indicator framework17:08
ogra * unity-2d MIRs will be filed early next week, we hope to get them on the A2 images in time.17:08
ogra * FTBFS: haskell is heavily being worked on.17:08
ogra * Improvement and debugging work on the GLES drivers for OMAP  is going on hand in hand with TI17:08
ograNew Spec: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/unity-2d-integration17:08
ograEntire status: http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-arm.html17:08
ograMilestone: http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-arm-natty-alpha-2.html17:08
ograSerious Bugs:17:08
ograBug 70568917:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 705689 in unity-2d (Ubuntu) "unity-2d-launcher crashes with segfault error on armel" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/70568917:08
ograBug 63322717:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 633227 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu Natty) "instabilities with highmem activated" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63322717:08
ograthats all for arm17:09
cjwatsonthanks - any questions?17:10
cjwatson[TOPIC] MOTU team update - ScottK17:11
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU team update - ScottK17:11
ScottKNothing significant to report.17:12
ScottKWork on the usual transitions/updates is ongoing.17:12
cjwatsonheh, short and sweet :)17:12
cjwatsonany questions?17:12
cjwatson[TOPIC] Linaro update - JamieBennett17:14
MootBotNew Topic:  Linaro update - JamieBennett17:14
cjwatsonor anyone else?17:16
cjwatsonOK, guess Linaro folks are busy or finished for the week :)17:16
cjwatson[TOPIC] AOB17:16
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB17:16
cjwatsonOK, I guess not, thanks everyone!17:18
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:18.17:18
marjocjwatson: thx!17:22
ograthanks cjohnston17:22
apwcjwatson, thanks :)17:22
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
* JackyAlcine trolls a bit.19:26
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
JackyAlcineUndiFineD: We're holding it here, no?19:58
CensoredBiscuitHello everyone19:58
JackyAlcineKkay, I just can't tell if everyone is here.19:58
MrChrisDruifHai CensoredBiscuit :)19:58
bedahrhi everybody19:59
=== releaselogger is now known as apachelogger
CensoredBiscuitI added my name as chair :319:59
JackyAlcineAlright, CensoredBiscuit. I hope you know how to use MootBoot.19:59
CensoredBiscuitI don't19:59
JackyAlcineIt's not too hard; I'll show you.19:59
JackyAlcinecharlie-tca: you're the man.20:00
CensoredBiscuitLet the page load and we'll begin20:00
JackyAlcine;invite meetingology20:00
CensoredBiscuitAre you ready?20:01
CensoredBiscuitis that a yes?20:01
MootBotMeeting started at 14:01. The chair is CensoredBiscuit.20:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]20:01
CensoredBiscuitFirst thing on the agenda is to vote to delay to 11.1020:02
MrChrisDruifhajour isn't even here...20:02
JackyAlcineWait, true.20:02
CensoredBiscuit;invite hajour20:02
UndiFineDhold a sec for her20:02
JackyAlcineCensoredBiscuit: DragonEyes isn't here, neither.20:02
UndiFineDshe is having irc trouble20:03
MrChrisDruifJackyAlcine: DragonEyes isn't here because this is an official Ubuntu channel...20:04
CensoredBiscuitWelcome hajour20:04
hajourthank you sorry for delay.20:05
DanteAshtonHello everyone...20:05
CensoredBiscuitshall we continue now20:05
techgeek_squaredHello Dan20:05
MrChrisDruifHai DanteAshton :)20:05
UndiFineDyes please20:05
hajourhai DanteAshton20:05
MrChrisDruifPlease do CensoredBiscuit :)20:05
CensoredBiscuitvery well20:06
CensoredBiscuitthe first thing on the agenda is the vote to delay to 11.0420:06
CensoredBiscuitbefore heading to the vote is there any thoughts on this?20:06
bedahrCensoredBiscuit: yes, a quick one20:06
UndiFineDwell, it is a bit short time to have a release ready for 11.0420:06
bedahrthis is still all about the original speech-control plans, right? or has this already been "merged" with the wintremute project?20:07
CensoredBiscuitSo you don't even think 11.04 is possible UndiFineD20:07
JackyAlcinebedahr: Not as of yet.20:07
bedahr(sorry if this is a dumb question)20:07
bedahrJackyAlcine: thanks20:07
JackyAlcinebedahr: No, I would have asked the same, I think I blurred it a bit too much.20:07
JackyAlcineI can see libopenmary being ready by mid-cycle of 11.04.20:08
CensoredBiscuitSo if we merged with Wintermute it would take longer20:08
tenachPerhaps 11.10 release?20:08
CensoredBiscuitwhat about delaying to 11.10?20:08
JackyAlcineCensoredBiscuit: yes, A bit more.20:08
phillwI think 11.10 is a realistic target20:08
JackyAlcineWintermute may not be avialable *officialy* for 11.04 or even 11.10, but there will be betas and alphas.20:08
CensoredBiscuitlets open the vote to 11.10?20:09
JackyAlcineDon't ask, do so; you're the chair.20:09
pedro3005Isn't there another python programmer in the team? Kinda sucks to do it all alone20:09
CensoredBiscuit[vote] Delay release to be 11.10 not 11.04?20:09
MootBotPlease vote on:  Delay release to be 11.10 not 11.04?.20:09
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot20:09
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting20:09
JackyAlcinepedro3005: I've been scraping up a bit of Python learning online.20:09
MootBot+1 received from UndiFineD. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 120:09
MootBot+1 received from JackyAlcine. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 220:09
MootBot+1 received from CensoredBiscuit. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 320:09
MootBot+1 received from phillw. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 420:09
MootBot+1 received from hajour. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 520:09
MootBot+1 received from pedro3005. 6 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 620:09
MootBot+1 received from bedahr. 7 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 720:10
MootBotAbstention received from MrChrisDruif. 7 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 720:10
CensoredBiscuitthe voting has :3020:10
MootBotFinal result is 7 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 720:10
CensoredBiscuitlet the record show development release is now set for 11.1020:11
JackyAlcineAlright, making a note of that.20:11
phillwpedro3005: I'll see if I can kidnap you another python programmer, but you will know more than I do.20:11
pedro3005JackyAlcine, I commend your effort.. I should do the same about C++20:11
CensoredBiscuitnext on the agenda is a vote on the mentoring program20:11
phillw*more of them*20:11
CensoredBiscuit[topic] Mentoring program20:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Mentoring program20:12
CensoredBiscuitWho has information on this topic?20:12
pedro3005JackyAlcine, Do you think it would be best if I worked on learning C++ and we left python alone?20:12
JackyAlcineHold on until the development section, pedro3005 or perhaps a PM.20:12
pedro3005ok, sorry.20:12
CensoredBiscuitthank you JackyAlcine20:13
CensoredBiscuitnow we're discuissing the mentoring program20:13
MrChrisDruifWhat is this Mentoring Program about? Anyone?20:13
CensoredBiscuitI have no details on this program.20:13
UndiFineDnoone knows ?20:13
UndiFineDthen skip topic20:13
phillwMrChrisDruif: under the UBT realignment20:13
CensoredBiscuitvery well20:13
CensoredBiscuitnext topic,20:13
pedro3005someone make something up on the spot20:13
CensoredBiscuit[topic] Cleaning up the speechcontrol wiki20:14
MootBotNew Topic:  Cleaning up the speechcontrol wiki20:14
phillwpeople can become mentors when recommended by recognised team leaders.20:14
hajouri don't no wo have put it in.i was looking but with webbrowser my notebook screen freeze20:14
phillwoh, well, forget it, then :(20:14
hajourno phillw talk20:14
UndiFineDphillw: we move it to next meeting20:14
CensoredBiscuitThe speechcontrols wiki is looking rather clustered and unupdated20:14
UndiFineDoh hajour :)20:15
CensoredBiscuitWe need awesome admin people to keep on top of it20:15
hajouri am reeading go on phillw20:15
DanteAshtonI'm awesome...but my admin skills are a bit rubbish :P20:15
hajourCensoredBiscuit, ^20:15
phillwIn the speech control team we have mentors and masters from UBT, this will allow teams to work together20:16
hajourgive phillw time to speak20:16
CensoredBiscuitSo Lets attempt to get it cleaned up by next months meeting20:16
CensoredBiscuitVery well,20:16
phillwone easy example is that Daniel is now working with Daniel20:16
CensoredBiscuitdo we need to back up topic-wise20:16
pedro3005we need to let phillw speak :p20:16
MrChrisDruifCensoredBiscuit: Maybe change the topic back?20:17
phillwCensoredBiscuit: I'm awaiting some time with cproffit to get the header altered on the page. We did have it scheduled, but there was an 'issue' with an ex admin from here.20:18
MrChrisDruifIs this about the wiki phillw?20:18
CensoredBiscuitphillw, lets go back to the mentoring program20:18
CensoredBiscuitsince I understand there was more to that20:19
CensoredBiscuit[topic] Mentoring Program20:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Mentoring Program20:19
UndiFineDalright, so we can mentor some people, who is up for the task ?20:19
phillwhe has made the three new headers that we need, but we have not had chance to get things progressed20:19
JackyAlcineDefine 'mentoring'.20:20
CensoredBiscuitMentoring of new members I imagine20:20
CensoredBiscuitkinda like UBT20:20
CensoredBiscuitsince the same people who run UBT do speechcontrol, for the most part20:21
phillwUBT is an area where people who want to give something back to the Ubuntu family are given help to achieve it. Take a tour of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/MissionStatement and ask on here or #ubuntu-beginners-team for more information.20:21
JackyAlcineNot sure if I'm capable enough to mentor as of yet.20:21
JackyAlcineStill have things to learn.20:21
MrChrisDruifMentor is someone who is skilled in a specific job (programming C++/Python, packaging or wiki work)20:21
phillwJackyAlcine: that is exactly why the mentoring process exists.20:21
CensoredBiscuitSo a programming mentorship?20:22
pedro3005is there anyone here who is capable of mentoring?20:22
tenachJackyAlcine: I'm a mentor and I've got a ways to learn myself.20:22
* tenach is a mentor20:22
phillwhiyas tenach20:22
tenachHello phillw20:22
hajouro/ tenach20:22
tenacho7 hajour20:22
JackyAlcinetenach: =] I guess I could bring people about Web programming, that I can teach confidiently. And C#.20:22
CensoredBiscuitI think we should at this time open a vote to start a speechcontrol mentorship program20:22
UndiFineDi have already taken on MrChrisDruif20:23
pedro3005wait, wait.20:23
tenachHold on.20:23
pedro3005What exactly are we mentoring on?20:23
hajourfirst let phillw tell more20:23
pedro3005I suppose the objective of speech control mentoring is to mentor about development/maintaining speech control20:23
phillwthe UBT council have said that accessibility and speechcontrol come under 'development' area20:24
UndiFineDi think that is right pedro300520:24
pedro3005So general programming should be left to beginners-dev20:24
CensoredBiscuitSo therefore what is there to mentor20:25
phillwby entering the UBT project, those wishing to learn more will have excellent people to help them.20:25
hajouri think to take skilled people into speechcontrol and students .but we already did only then its more official right?20:26
phillwincluding some scarily awesome programmers :)20:26
CensoredBiscuitbut doesn't UBT have the whole mentring thing covered?20:26
phillwhajour: yes, it is a way of ensuring people think about accessibility as they learn.20:27
pedro3005exactly my point, this mentoring should be restricted to speech control topics.20:27
UndiFineDgreat plan :)20:27
tenachIt makes more sense to me to have UBT take care of mentoring and have this as a project people can work on in that system..?20:27
CensoredBiscuitSo are we ready to have a vote?20:27
hajouri think its a great plan20:27
tenachScratch that, pedro3005 said it better. :)20:27
CensoredBiscuit[vote] Starting a speech control mentoring program20:28
MootBotPlease vote on:  Starting a speech control mentoring program.20:28
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot20:28
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting20:28
MrChrisDruifI agree with pedro3005 and tenach :)20:28
MootBot+1 received from phillw. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 120:28
MootBot+1 received from UndiFineD. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 220:28
MootBotAbstention received from CensoredBiscuit. 2 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 220:28
MootBot+1 received from pedro3005. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 320:28
MrChrisDruifIf it's going to be like those two said...20:28
MootBotAbstention received from bedahr. 3 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 320:28
MootBot+1 received from MrChrisDruif. 4 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 420:28
MootBot+1 received from JackyAlcine. 5 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 520:28
hajouri think  to and accessibility and speechcontrol because its both s20:28
MootBot+1 received from hajour. 6 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 620:29
CensoredBiscuit:30 left on the vote20:29
MootBotFinal result is 6 for, 0 against. 2 abstained. Total: 620:30
MrChrisDruifCensoredBiscuit: agreed ;) ?20:30
phillwAs this is a young project, we can work on the details.20:30
CensoredBiscuitLet the record show the members have voted to start a mentor ship program20:30
JackyAlcinephillw, true enough.20:31
CensoredBiscuitshould we discuss20:31
CensoredBiscuitwho to put in charge of it next meeting20:31
MrChrisDruifCensoredBiscuit: Use [agreed] I think...20:31
JackyAlcineCensoredBiscuit: That's towards the end of the meeting.20:31
hajourbut its volunteer its not something everyone must do from the team20:31
CensoredBiscuitvery well20:31
CensoredBiscuitnext topic20:32
JackyAlcineCensoredBiscuit: yeah [agreed] to soldify results.20:32
hajouronly if the person self it wants20:32
CensoredBiscuit[topic] Licensing20:32
MootBotNew Topic:  Licensing20:32
UndiFineDhey RainCT20:32
hajourhai RainCT20:32
phillwhi RainCT20:32
MrChrisDruifSo now we skip Documentation? :-/20:33
RainCTSorry, just got home (well, actually I arrived 15 minutes ago but Debian decided it wants to check the disk for errors -.-. I should really disable those checks)20:33
JackyAlcineWell, someone's a celebrity. lol20:33
CensoredBiscuitWe already discuiss documentation?20:33
MrChrisDruifCensoredBiscuit: Partly...20:33
UndiFineDdocumentation is already a W.I.P.20:33
hajourCensoredBiscuit, i  think some wants to tell more about documentation20:33
JackyAlcineWell, lol.20:33
CensoredBiscuitlets go back20:33
CensoredBiscuit[topic] documentation20:34
MootBotNew Topic:  documentation20:34
phillwMrChrisDruif: when myself and cproffit get some quality time together, we will put the new headers on and start to split the pages.20:34
phillwhe has already created them20:34
MrChrisDruifphillw: Alright, I didn't know that. I already started a bit on that :)20:35
CensoredBiscuitthe pages do seem cluttered20:35
UndiFineDwell we can split so topics from the current pages20:35
phillwCensoredBiscuit: that is because we have not had chance to start splitting them20:35
CensoredBiscuitvery well.20:36
JackyAlcineHow about a spot for blueprints?20:36
JackyAlcineJust a wish :)20:36
CensoredBiscuitthere is the proposed adition of a developmental page20:36
MrChrisDruifphillw: Shall I continue with it or leave you and Charles to it?20:36
UndiFineDalright weĺl make room for that20:36
phillwUndiFineD: exactly that, but Myself and cproffit need a bit of time to edit the current accessibility header into speechcontrol, we are making progress :)20:37
UndiFineDok :)20:37
CensoredBiscuitthe blueprints would be on the development page wouldn't it be?20:37
phillwMrChrisDruif: charles has already made the new headers.20:37
UndiFineDCensoredBiscuit: the blueprints are on LP20:38
CensoredBiscuitso then why do we need them on wiki?20:38
JackyAlcineThey usually want a link to a Wiki with more information.20:38
phillwCensoredBiscuit: for the speechcontrol header :D20:38
CensoredBiscuitahh so link the header to LP?20:38
UndiFineDso the wiki blueprints are for further details20:39
JackyAlcineSomething like that.20:39
CensoredBiscuitvery well,20:39
JackyAlcine^^ yeah20:39
CensoredBiscuitnow lets move to licensing?20:39
CensoredBiscuit[topic] Licensing in GPL20:39
MootBotNew Topic:  Licensing in GPL20:39
hajourso the bleuprints come on the wiki20:39
CensoredBiscuitWe are going to license the project in GPL20:40
UndiFineDgood choice which version ?20:40
CensoredBiscuitthe agenda does not state20:40
MrChrisDruifIt's on the wiki20:40
phillwhopefully this should be quick... As the licence is now on the speechcontrol wiki page, that allows the team to retain copyright, others to alter the code and commercial companies cannot steal it20:40
MrChrisDruifAtleast, the logo from 3 is on it...20:41
JackyAlcineWe're licensing every bit of code that SpeechControl produces under the GPL3 license.20:41
CensoredBiscuitI think GPL 3 is indeed the way to go.20:41
RainCTGPLv3 or GPLv3+?20:41
bedahrthe distribution restrictions on the development code only apply to wintermute, not speech-control, right?20:41
CensoredBiscuitI believe that is correct bedahr20:42
phillwRainCT: we're on GPLv320:42
JackyAlcinebedahr: Define 'restrictions'.20:42
strikeuJackyAlcine: how about LGPL for libs ?20:42
UndiFineDstrikeu: no, one licence20:43
phillwstrikeu: the GPL people really do not like LGPL, it cuts down on collabaration.20:43
CensoredBiscuitone license would be a lot less work to implement20:43
bedahrJackyAlcine: your mail said that the code (for, I'm presuming, wintermute) was not to be made public20:44
RainCTCensoredBiscuit: Uhm, how so? It wouldn't make a difference.     I agree with GPL being better than LGPL though.20:44
JackyAlcinebedahr: In its intial stages, yes.20:44
JackyAlcinebedahr: That'll be explained.20:44
hajour GPLv3 was good i have informed20:44
JackyAlcinehajour decided.20:45
CensoredBiscuitlets move on to the listing of our projects20:45
CensoredBiscuit[topic] Listing Of Projects20:45
MootBotNew Topic:  Listing Of Projects20:45
CensoredBiscuitThe current projects I know of are Simon Listens, Julius and Wintermute20:46
CensoredBiscuitbut I'm probably going to let JackyAlcine have this part20:46
JackyAlcineSo far, SpeechControl's primary concern has been getting the Java-based TTS engine, openMary to be more Linux-friendly.20:46
bedahr(For the record: The software project is called "simon" - "simon listens" is the non-profit organization behind it)20:47
MrChrisDruifJava based...yagh20:47
JackyAlcinethat's under the libopenmary, python-openmary and speechcontrol-daemon20:47
JackyAlcinespeechcontrol-daemon's a special project to be ventured because it'll intergrate voice recognition into the Linux Speech API.20:48
CensoredBiscuitSo is there anyone here who can list the projects and there attendees?20:48
JackyAlcineCensoredBiscuit: I'm doing so.20:48
CensoredBiscuitokay then.20:48
JackyAlcineWintermute's another project that'll be discussed in a few moments that'll will be one of the larger goals and pursuits of SpeechControl Developers.20:48
phillwwe have 10 minutes left.....20:49
JackyAlcineWe'll have to move it to #ubuntu-speechcontrol then.20:49
JackyAlcineBUT I'm done with this section.20:49
CensoredBiscuitLets go to the progress on simon listens20:50
CensoredBiscuitor just sim20:50
CensoredBiscuit[topic] Simon20:50
MootBotNew Topic:  Simon20:50
UndiFineDthe suggestion to discuss winitermute in #ubuntu-speechcontrol seems fine :)20:50
DanteAshton*heads there*20:50
CensoredBiscuitare you wanting to further contine the meeting in speech control JackyAlcine20:50
* techgeek_squared also heads there20:50
JackyAlcineYes, CensoredBiscuit but after we end here.20:51
CensoredBiscuitvery weel20:51
CensoredBiscuitanyone have any word on the development of Simon20:51
UndiFineDbedahr: ?20:51
JackyAlcinebedahr: I've been keeping up with your blog; congrats. :D20:51
phillwuse the devs area while you people discuss dev issuues, It is why it is there :)20:52
bedahrwell to be honest I have been pretty swamped this last couple of weeks (university) but I think it's RainCT who you want to talk to anyways20:52
bedahrRainCT: Was there any progress on the patches20:52
RainCTNot yet, I've just finished exams.20:52
CensoredBiscuitSo not much progress on Simon?20:53
CensoredBiscuitanyways lets move on to Julius20:53
bedahrno but again, there aren't any real open todos on simon anyways in my opinion?20:53
bedahraside from packaging I don't have anything on my todo list related to speechcontrol20:54
bedahrhave I forgotten anything?20:54
JackyAlcinebedahr: Aside from that, no.20:54
JackyAlcinebedahr: You're clear ;]20:54
CensoredBiscuitokay lets move on to Julius20:54
bedahrJackyAlcine: :D20:54
CensoredBiscuittopic] Julius Development20:55
CensoredBiscuit[topic] Julius Development20:55
MootBotNew Topic:  Julius Development20:55
CensoredBiscuitany word on Julius?20:55
JackyAlcineI've taken a pick at the software; god do I regret doing that.20:56
JackyAlcineIt's not too user-friendly upon install and first configuration.20:56
JackyAlcineAnd such issues can be fixed with approriate tools.20:56
MrChrisDruifJackyAlcine: So that would need to improve?20:56
CensoredBiscuitwe're gonna need to move the meeting to #ubuntu-speechcontrol20:57
CensoredBiscuitbut quickly before we do20:57
MrChrisDruifCensoredBiscuit: Suggestion: just go there?20:57
UndiFineDnext meeting time and chair ?20:57
CensoredBiscuitwould you all like to discuss the details of next meeting?20:57
CensoredBiscuit[topic] next meeting20:58
MootBotNew Topic:  next meeting20:58
CensoredBiscuitI think It should be a saturday20:58
JackyAlcineO.o THIS Saturday?20:58
hajourno not this Saturday20:58
CensoredBiscuithow about Feb 19  UTC 20:0020:58
* strikeu this is madness20:58
CensoredBiscuithows that?20:59
JackyAlcineIn the DEV channel (#ubuntu-speechcontrol-devs); we're out of time.20:59
CensoredBiscuitend meeting?20:59
strikeuyeah I'm going play sc220:59
hajourtalking futher in #ubuntu-speechcontrol-devs20:59
MootBotMeeting finished at 14:59.20:59
hajourthanks for doing the chair CensoredBiscuit21:00
JackyAlcinecheers to CensoredBiscuit. o/21:00
=== bjf is now known as bjf[afk]
=== Craig_Dem_ is now known as Craig_Dem
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!