=== broder_ is now known as broder
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== AndrewMC is now known as SpockVulcan
=== doko__ is now known as doko
=== SpockVulcan is now known as AndrewMC
chalcedonywhile waiting Full Circle Magazine: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-46/05:37
chalcedonyDirect: http://dl.fullcirclemagazine.org/issue46_en.pdf05:37
=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== RoAkSoAx is now known as andreserl
cjwatsonno Robbie today?16:02
cjwatsonbah, slacker :)16:03
MootBotMeeting started at 10:04. The chair is cjwatson.16:04
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:04
cjwatsonok, who's here?16:04
cjwatsondoko: around?16:06
cjwatsongreat, so everyone except Robbie16:07
cjwatson[TOPIC] Lightning round16:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Lightning round16:07
cjwatsondone: biosdevname packaging and integration; fixing bugs for alpha-3, including most of a day spent tracking down bug 72348216:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 723482 in alsa-utils (Ubuntu) "system hangs on boot after updates from 2011-02-22" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72348216:07
cjwatsontodo: more bugs arising from multiarch dpkg; lots of beta-1 bugs to beat on16:07
cjwatsonin order of showing up in my client, then :)16:07
barryshort week due to usa holiday; python-keyring, launchpadlib bug fixing, upgrades; reviewed some branches; claws bugs 724414 724416; ubuntu dev guide/udd updates; helped #ubuntu-touch w/python issues; python hg experimentation; mm3 refactoring; udd class presented; dh_python2 and flufl.enum; done.16:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 724414 in claws-mail (Ubuntu) "Configure menu is disabled" [Undecided,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72441416:07
barrythat one was caused by some weird brokenness in an early maverick->natty upgrade (which i never did track down)16:08
barrybug 724416 is the one that's kicking my butt now16:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 724416 in claws-mail (Ubuntu) "Claws appends sent message to Sent folder twice" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72441616:08
evGetting the partitioner redesign and upgrade/reinstall stuff ready for alpha 3. Fixing bugs. (Apologies for the terseness, on an iPad)16:09
mvoupgrade/reinstall: \o/16:09
mvoreview branch reviews16:10
mvoland lp:~mvo/rnr-server/retrieve-by-id16:10
mvopropose lp:~mvo/rnr-server/make-port-configurable,16:10
mvopropose lp:~mvo/rnr-server/validate-token-without-ubuntu-sso16:10
mvoadd weblive prototype (with stgraber), fix crash after new review is entered, lp:~gary-lasker/software-center/deauthorize-my-computer, work on lp:~mvo/software-center/appstore-experiment but not successful (keeps hanging in odd places), branch review/merges16:10
evThanks so much for your help with that. I'll get to your emails just as soon as I have more of a computer in front of me.16:10
mvoreview/merge lp:~thibault-lemaitre/ubuntu/natty/update-manager/from_pkg.isInstalled_to_pkg.is_installed16:10
mvowork on 3g roaming detection (based on Alex Chiang patch)16:10
mvoev: no worries16:10
jhunt3 of the 4 main Upstart feature branches for Natty are now "in the16:11
jhuntwild". Finished check-config Upstart feature along with all tests for16:11
jhuntvisualisation work: branch just needs merging to be ready for early next16:11
jhuntweek. Have digested + documented socket bridge for Upstart for Natty16:11
jhuntcode drop 2. Currently working on Keybuks session branch, and merging16:11
jhuntvisualisation code into Ubuntu branch. Updated FFE bug 723846 with16:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 723846 in upstart (Ubuntu Natty) "Feature Freeze Exception request for Upstart in Natty" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72384616:11
csurbhi1Introduced timer in mountall to wait for ROOTDELAY time for device to be configured by udev.16:11
csurbhi1Created, tested upstart jobs to start the recovery process if the ROOTDELAY time expires.16:11
csurbhi1Created, tested upstart jobs to run the initramfs :: init_top and initramfs :: init_premount scripts16:11
csurbhi1Experimented with udev attributes in upstart jobs (waiting for device configuration in real systems outside initramfs)16:11
dokobootstrap work, libreoffice mentoring, libreoffice build fixes for two archs, looking into openjdk-6 build failures, need to fix more ...16:11
cjwatsonexcellent, thank you.  is anyone blocked on anything?16:11
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.ubuntuwire.org/~wgrant/rebuild-ftbfs-test/test-rebuild-20110125-natty.html16:11
mvonot as such, but I'm waiting for a new staging.reviews.ubuntu.com deployment16:12
cjwatsonis that in RT?16:12
mvothe review-userfulness feature is hidden until this lands16:12
dokoI think the ones in main should be looked at, but maybe this can wait next week's rebuild test16:12
cjwatsonah, 44261?16:12
mvohold on a sec, need to find it in my inbox16:13
cjwatsondoko: I've already filed bugs about at least gluezilla and linphone16:13
cjwatsonI'll have a look at syslinux16:13
cjwatsonuploads should probably wait until after alpha-2 now though16:13
dokomy latex knowledge seems to be rusty, can't see the reason for the srtp build failure16:14
ScottKdoko: What's the timeline on getting Bug #705689 fixed?16:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 705689 in Linaro GCC 4.5 "Qt applications crash with segfault error on armel when Qt is built with gcc 4.5 on natty" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/70568916:15
cjwatsonoh, goodness, that syslinux bug, I sent that upstream - I'll have to go and check16:15
cjwatson[TOPIC] AOB16:15
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB16:15
cjwatson(since we've drifted and I don't have anything else specific)16:15
ScottKI think we're going to start building all of KDE with gcc4.4 in the meantime if it's not fixed soon.16:15
cjwatsonthere's a patch in comment 30 on that bug; I don't know if it's just for qgesturemanager, or fixes everything16:17
dokoScottK: no16:17
dokonot targeted for any milestone16:17
dokoI don't see it yet in the linaro branch16:17
ScottKIt was targetted to Alpha 3 until a day or two ago.16:18
mvodoko: the xscreensaver one looks like its actually a bug while instlaling console-setup - how to get stuff off that list in those cases?16:19
cjwatsonmvo: well, that's still a bug, just not in xscreensaver ...16:19
cjwatsonso I need to work on that16:19
dokoit's not targeted at all, hmm pitti ...16:21
cjwatsonshould probably be beta-1, IMO16:21
dokolooks like this will be part of gcc-4.5 2011-0316:22
ScottKWhen does that land?16:22
dokoin 0316:23
dokolets move on, addressing this on #u-r16:24
cjwatsonOK, I don't think there's anything else anyway, from the looks of things16:24
cjwatsonmvo: I'm asking Chipaca if he's already escalated that RT or if I need to16:24
cjwatsonany other business?  going once ...16:24
cjwatsongoing twice ...16:24
mvocjwatson: getting a ETA would be nice16:25
cjwatsonmvo: OK, I'll try to extract that from somebody16:25
cjwatson... gone.  thanks all.16:25
MootBotMeeting finished at 10:25.16:25
dokomeetings are shorter without robbie ;)16:27
* cjwatson has a low tolerance for long meetings16:27
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen
=== andreserl is now known as RoAkSoAx
=== ivanka is now known as ivanka-train
=== ogra is now known as Guest42737
=== Guest42737 is now known as ogra_
=== debfx_ is now known as debfx
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-food
=== neversfelde_ is now known as neversfelde
MootBotMeeting started at 15:01. The chair is barry.21:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]21:01
barryhi everyone and welcome to this week's ubuntu distributed development steering committee meeting.  all are welcome to join in21:01
barry[TOPIC] agenda21:01
MootBotNew Topic:  agenda21:01
barry[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributedDevelopment/2011030221:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributedDevelopment/2011030221:01
barrywe're going to wait a few minutes until poolie arrives21:02
barrywho else is here today?21:02
jelmerHi Barry21:03
barryhi jelmer.  great to have you here21:03
jelmerbarry: did you see poolie's email?21:04
jelmerg'morning Ian21:04
barryjelmer: yep, he said he'd be 15m late.  we can wait21:04
=== wallyworld___ is now known as wallyworld
barryif he's any longer, we'll start.  so folks, hang out until 2115 utc21:05
barryokay, hopefully poolie will be along soon.  i guess we should get started though21:16
barry[TOPIC] action items21:16
MootBotNew Topic:  action items21:16
barrymost of these are poolie's but please chime in if you know the status of them21:16
barry   * poolie to advertise udd projects to non-staff contributors21:16
barryi believe this is done21:16
barry   * poolie to integrate jml's feedback into lep21:17
barryanybody know anything about this one?21:17
jelmerI don't think I've seen anything about the first item21:17
barryoh, maybe i'm just thinking about the internal email21:18
barry   * poolie to meet with allison re lep21:18
barry   * poolie to meet with robbiew re lep21:18
barryknow anything about these?21:19
jelmerI think the second item happened, or at least something about it happened.21:19
barryi don't know what these leps are about.  do you know?21:19
jelmerit's https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/BuildFromBranchIntoPrimary21:20
barryah, cool.  yep, i've been following that one21:20
jelmerthe LEP mentions Allison read it21:20
barrycool, thanks21:21
barry   * jam to propose/report plan for quilt imports21:21
barryjam doesn't appear to be around21:21
barryhe's in a different timezone now :)21:21
jelmeryeah, I guess something went wrong there :)21:22
* barry is particularly interested in this one21:22
jelmerjames_w: ping21:22
jelmerbarry: I've been working on getting daily builds of GNOME packages based on the upstream imports and the ubuntu-desktop packaging branches21:22
james_wsorry I am late21:22
jelmerbarry: I'm slowly starting to realise what an awesome feature properly working looms would be21:23
barryjelmer: do you think looms<->quilts makes sense?21:24
jelmerbarry: Yes; I think we should fix looms where it doesn't make sense21:24
barryvery cool21:25
barry   * poolie forward/link to https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/DevPlatform/ComponentReleasesWithBzr21:25
barry 21:25
barryi guess w/o poolie we should move on21:26
barry[TOPIC] Package importer progress21:26
MootBotNew Topic:  Package importer progress21:26
barryjames_w and/or jelmer ?21:26
jelmerVincent and John fixed a lot of things in the importer21:26
james_wvila has done some good work cleaning up the code and making it more robust21:27
james_wthere were also some bugs fixed that were causing import failures21:27
slangasekpoolie did forward that link to ubuntu-devel, so maybe that's done?21:27
james_wthere's a bzr bug that spiv has a branch for that is affecting quite a few imports21:27
barryslangasek: i do seem to remember it as well21:27
james_win fact it occurs when there is a collision detected21:27
james_wand we had our first (known) real live one of those yesterday21:28
barryjames_w: what kind of collision do you mean?21:28
pooliehi all21:28
james_wso the crash indicates it would have done the right thing, but it was a shame not to see it work out :-)21:28
jelmer'morning poolie21:28
james_wsomeone pushed to the branch at the same time someone else uploaded21:28
james_wso the archive and the branch disagreed21:28
james_whi poolie21:28
barryhi poolie21:29
slangasekjames_w: is this a collision that only occurs when the upload and push both happen within a certain rescan interval?  Because we've certainly had collisions of the more general kind before21:29
barrypoolie: we ran through the action items already, but since most of them are assigned to you, can you catch us up in a few minutes?21:30
james_wslangasek, you mean two people uploading, or collisions involving UDD?21:31
james_wperhaps collision isn't the best name for this situation21:31
slangasekjames_w: one person committing to the UDD branch, followed by someone ignoring the branch and uploading21:31
james_wslangasek, right, that's the same situation21:31
slangasekjames_w: ok, so yesterday is definitely not the first time this has happened, but maybe there's a new bug in bzr that's entangled here :)21:32
james_wslangasek, ok, it was the first confirmed one that I could remember :-)21:32
slangasekoh, sorry21:32
slangasekdidn't know you wanted me to yell when it happens :-)21:32
barryjames_w: any summary on how we're doing for package imports?  # or % fewer failures now?  how many still failing?21:33
james_wslangasek, nope, it's supposed to be taken care of automatically. This time it was just that people weren't sure what would happen, and so asked me to take a look21:33
james_wthere are numbers and graphs on http://package-import.ubuntu.com/status/21:34
james_wyou can see that there has been a downward trend since the start of the year21:34
slangaseka number of the current import failures are cases where I know there's been divergence between UDD and archive, followed by a manual fix-up on the branch21:35
barrythat's really fantastic21:35
slangasekhow can we reconcile those so they're not shown as failures?21:35
slangasek(see, this has been going on for quite a while, and I thought I was doing good by updating the branches by hand ;)21:36
james_wslangasek, do you have an example?21:36
slangasekjames_w: sure, one sec21:36
slangasekjames_w: qemu-linaro21:36
slangasekalso, armel-cross-toolchain-base cdbs gcc-4.5-armel-cross plymouth21:36
james_wok, that needs an importer admin to check and tell the importer that the situation is fine, and it should carry on21:37
slangasekhow best do I raise this (outside of the present meeting, that is?)21:37
slangasekI think the one time I tried to raise it on #is, I had bad timing due to the importer being offline right after squeeze release :)21:37
james_wa bug on udd would be appropriate I think21:38
james_wthe procedure is documented on the wiki if you ask an admin and they don't know how to do it21:38
pooliejust what issue is "this"?21:39
james_wthat someone messed with the branches, and the importer currently keeps an audit log and complains when that happens21:40
barryif now's a good time, poolie can you catch us up on the action items?21:42
poolieso, we had a big thread about udd, with some feedback about the lep21:42
pooliei still need to fold that in21:42
pooliei spoke to allison about it; not yet to robbie21:42
pooliei was going to update it and then talk to him21:43
pooliei did forward a link to poolie forward/link to https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/DevPlatform/ComponentReleasesWithBzr in to the packaging doc thread21:43
barrydid you advertise the udd projects to non-staff?21:44
poolienot as such, only through discussion on the u-d list21:44
pooliewhat would be a good way to do that?21:44
barryother than also on the bzr mlists?  i don't know21:45
poolieperhaps we should can that21:45
barrycool.  i can leave that one un-done21:45
pooliei think on the whole it's better to just be open about what we're doing and have easy tasks for people to begin on if they want21:45
barrypoolie: do you know anything about jam's progress/plan for quilt imports?21:46
pooliealso, i spoke to flacoste and jml about scheduling work on the lep21:46
pooliewhich is the main thing we have to do next21:47
=== Ursinha-food is now known as Ursinha
poolieit's not a very large amount of work, but it's not trivial21:47
poolies/on the lep/on building source packages directly from  branches without recipes21:47
poolieat the moment it looks like it is second in the queue for new tasks to start21:47
poolieafter finishing disclosure management (aka privacy, acls, etc)21:48
barrymakes sense21:48
pooliethat one is highly desired by canonical oem teams, and still half-done21:48
poolie[action] poolie talk to stakeholders about bfbip scheduling21:49
barry[action] poolie talk to stakeholders about bfbip scheduling21:49
MootBotACTION received:  poolie talk to stakeholders about bfbip scheduling21:49
pooliewe could possibly try it ourselves inside the bzr team, but i think on the whole it's better to wait for an lp squad21:49
poolieif they don't take it at that time, perhaps we will21:50
poolieregarding jam and looms: he's moving house so a bit distracted21:50
pooliei have seen some work by jelmer and others on looms recently21:50
barrypoolie: thanks.  any other news on action items?21:51
pooliethe plan on quilts is basically to turn the into looms21:51
pooliei think that's the full list?21:51
* poolie looks in old minutes21:52
poolieour kanban is now at <http://people.canonical.com/~mbp/kanban/canonical-bazaar-kanban.html> and should be updated every 30m21:53
pooliewere there other actions for me?21:53
poolieotherwise perahps we should look at hot bugs21:53
barrypoolie: yes, let's look at bugs21:54
barry[TOPIC] hot bugs21:54
MootBotNew Topic:  hot bugs21:54
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~mbp/kanban/canonical-bazaar-kanban.html21:54
barrypoolie: the floor is yours21:54
pooliejust looking over that board21:55
poolieone change in the last week is that vila landed a new controller infrastructure into the package importer, which is supposed to make it more reliable21:55
poolieit closed some bugs, anyhow21:55
poolieas of approximately today, we're moving the package importer to its new hardware, and making it sysadmin-maintained21:56
pooliejelmer is working on foreign branch bugs, and on infrastructure to allow testing them21:56
poolieare there any bugs people would like attention to?21:58
barryi don't remember the bug number, but the one about warning when branching a package that has import failures.21:59
pooliebarry, <https://bugs.launchpad.net/udd/+bug/609187>, it's on the short list22:00
pooliethanks for the vote22:00
ubottuUbuntu bug 609187 in Ubuntu Distributed Development "bzr branch lp:ubuntu/foo should warn when foo is out of date" [High,Triaged]22:00
barryyep, thanks!22:00
barryanyone have anything else for bugs of interest?22:01
poolieok, next item?22:01
barry[TOPIC]  * Any other business?22:01
barry 22:01
MootBotNew Topic:   * Any other business?22:01
barrygoing once...22:02
pooliefor next time: we should schedule some uds sessions22:02
barryoh, i should mention: i did an intro to udd class on monday during ubuntu developer week.  it was very well received.  but 1h is not enough time to cover everything ;)22:03
poolieoh, great!22:03
pooliethanks for that22:03
james_wyeah, thanks22:03
slangasekI have a request I wanted to raise but I'm currently suffering contention, so I'll just file a bug against udd for now22:03
poolieactually, can you give me an item to prepare for uds?22:04
pooliei think just something like a tutorial session and a planning session22:04
pooliejelmer and i will be there22:04
barry[action] poolie to prepare udd sessions for uds22:04
MootBotACTION received:  poolie to prepare udd sessions for uds22:04
barry[action] poolie to prepare udd sessions for uds-o22:04
MootBotACTION received:  poolie to prepare udd sessions for uds-o22:04
barryexcellent.  i'll be there too22:04
barryi guess the only other thing i have today is to remind folks that we won't have another meeting until 2011-03-23 because of pycon22:05
poolieoh, ok22:05
barrywell, unless you want to chair it?22:06
barry(on the 16th)22:06
pooliei think the 23rd is fine22:06
poolieshall we then continue every 2nd week from then?22:06
barrypoolie: i think you are the keeper of the google calendar.  can you update that?22:06
jelmercan I be added to the google calendar?22:07
pooliedone and done22:08
barrypoolie: awesome, thanks22:08
barryif there's nothing else for today...22:08
MootBotMeeting finished at 16:09.22:09
pooliehave a good night everyone22:09
barrythanks everyone!  see you in atlanta, or in 3 weeks here22:09

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!