=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== head_v is now known as head_victim
=== ogra_ is now known as ogra
=== cking_ is now known as cking
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-lunch
MootBotMeeting started at 08:59. The chair is NCommander.14:59
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]14:59
* rsalveti waves14:59
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2011/2011030315:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2011/2011030315:00
NCommanderwho's here?15:00
NCommanderThere are no standing action items15:01
NCommander[topic] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel.html15:01
MootBotNew Topic:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel.html15:01
NCommanderptopic] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel-natty-alpha-3.html15:01
rsalvetihelp or hello? :P15:02
janimohello for now15:02
janimoit may beocme help later in the cycle ;)15:02
* ogra was wondering exactly the same15:02
GrueMasteri'm not15:02
ogrageez, the overall Wi status looks scary15:03
ograNCommander, the second link should be beta ;)15:03
* NCommander grumbles15:03
GrueMasterIt will be next week.15:03
GrueMasterThis week is still Alpha 3.15:04
ografor some minutes15:04
NCommanderno beta page doesn't exist15:04
GrueMasterAnd it's a good indicator of how we did.15:04
janimofor some reason 5 of my WIs were eaten by the parser and I cannot figure out why15:04
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel-ubuntu-11.04-beta.html15:04
NCommanderI forgot to update teh WI tracker to postpone his WIs due to spec redesign. that's fixed now15:05
rsalvetijanimo: haha, true: http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/u/jani-natty-alpha-3.html15:05
ogralooks broken15:05
NCommanderanyway, can I move on?15:05
NCommander[topic] Unity 2D Status15:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Unity 2D Status15:06
* ogra glares at http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/15:06
ograjanimo, so whats needed to get us the hedless image ?15:06
ograNCommander, no :P15:06
NCommanderogra: I need to land janimo's branch15:07
GrueMasterogra: Can you save that for image status?15:07
ogra(why do we have an 11.05)15:07
ograGrueMaster, still, there seems to be action needed to fix the WI tracker15:07
NCommanderogra: probably for Linaro15:07
ograbeta is broken completely15:07
NCommander[action] ogra to fix WI tracker15:07
ograand there shouldnt be ubuntu-armel-11.0515:07
MootBotACTION received:  ogra to fix WI tracker15:07
GrueMasterBeta hasn't started yet.15:07
ogradoesnt matter for the tracker15:08
ograit just reports how the whiteboards are set15:08
ogradate has no influence15:08
janimoogra, I don't know what else is needed, these build scripts are not well documented, let alone I am not working on the actual ones running the builds15:08
janimoso I hope NCommander spots any irregularities15:08
ograaction: everyone to check their WI status on the whiteboards that the right beta tag is set15:08
ograNCommander, ^^^15:09
janimoor we try and if there are errors we fix after A315:09
NCommanderI had gotten sidetracked by mono and then alpha 3 to land the headless branch15:09
ograi'll find out whats needed and we can do that offline15:09
janimoNCommander, sure np15:09
NCommandernow can we get back on topic on Unity 2d Status?!15:09
ograNCommander, right, please do that with high prio now that you are done with mono (assuming you are)15:09
ograNCommander, if you would wait until getting an answer on the move request that would be easier15:10
NCommanderogra: I'm not, and I don't have a local d-cd instance to test. You may be better off landing the code15:10
NCommanderogra: I did wait, there wasn't a response either way.15:10
ogracan everyone please move the remaining a3 items on theit blueprints15:10
janimocan anyone see why this whiteboard is not parsed correctly? https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-arm-n-handle-core-boot-files-update15:11
ograwe have 11 open items there15:11
janimoall those WIs are not showing up in the graphs15:11
ogralets do that off meeting, to me it looks fine15:12
ograNCommander, can you please add the above action15:13
NCommander[topic] Unity 2D Status15:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Unity 2D Status15:13
NCommander[action] ogra + janimo to look at why WI don't appear on other-arm-n-handle-core-boot-files-update15:13
MootBotACTION received:  ogra + janimo to look at why WI don't appear on other-arm-n-handle-core-boot-files-update15:13
* ogra shakes head15:13
ogra<ogra> action: everyone to check their WI status on the whiteboards that the right beta tag is set15:13
ogra<ogra> NCommander, ^^15:13
ograjani and i dont need an action for that15:13
NCommander[action] everyone to check their WI status on the whiteboards that the right beta tag is set15:14
MootBotACTION received:  everyone to check their WI status on the whiteboards that the right beta tag is set15:14
NCommanderogra: I did15:14
ograpremature again15:14
ograit kind of works ...15:14
ograthats all status i have, many bugs open, upstream is working on them15:14
NCommander[topic] Kernel Status (cooloney, rsalveti)15:15
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Status (cooloney, rsalveti)15:15
ogravery bad from what i grokked from the mail discussion15:15
rsalvetifor omap 3 one the master-next will get merged with 38-rc7 release15:15
ograseems .38 exploded with the last rebase15:15
rsalvetinow for omap 4 things are still bad15:15
rsalvetithe current blocker issue is the mmc crash15:15
rsalvetias reported by cooloney15:15
ogradidnt he also talk about build issues ?15:16
rsalvetiso this should be sorted this week, and probably merged at our ti-omap4-dev then15:16
ograor are these solved15:16
rsalvetiogra: we got patches for that already15:16
ograah, good15:16
ograseems i missed a mail15:16
ograor two15:16
rsalvetibut at least with current tests, it seems that it's kind of working well15:17
ograplan is to move to .38 as soon as these are solved15:17
ograwhich means also trhat we'll lose .3515:17
rsalvetiit'll be merged at ti-omap4-dev, then we'll request more testing15:17
rsalvetionce it's ok, we'll pull as the default kernel for omap415:17
ograi was wondering if it would make sense to have an upload to canonical-arm-dev PPA15:17
ograof the final .35 branch15:17
ograso we have a fallback if .38 isnt usable at all during our work15:18
rsalvetiwe could create a public ppa for it, if needed15:18
rsalvetibuild at canonical-arm and then copy to the public one15:18
ograi just thought to make sure we dont get blocked by it15:18
ograseems to be not very rebase-safe to me atm15:18
ograso it might explode again next rebase15:18
GrueMasterWell, if we are testing it on the side before making it default, we should catch most issues.15:19
rsalvetiwell, at least 38 is almost final already15:19
rsalvetiGrueMaster: sure15:19
ograright, mainline is15:19
ograbut the patches still look shaky15:19
rsalvetiand will be for a while15:19
rsalvetiwe just need to test before pushing15:19
rsalvetithen we should be ok15:19
rsalvetiGrueMaster can be our go/no-go15:19
ograi dont want to overload him though ;)15:20
ograhe is busy enough15:20
rsalvetinot a lot to test15:20
ograthen lets drop the PPA idea15:20
rsalvetiI don't expect a kernel update more than once a week15:20
NCommandercan I move on?15:20
GrueMasterogra: What say I make the call of how busy I am?15:20
rsalvetiany other question?15:20
ograyou typed yep when i was still typing :)15:20
NCommanderQA Status (GrueMaster)15:21
NCommanderpaste failure15:21
NCommandercan I move on?15:21
rsalvetiyou're having serious problems with your paste15:21
NCommander[topic] QA Status (GrueMaster)15:21
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Status (GrueMaster)15:21
NCommanderrsalveti: I've been thold this is proper behavior15:21
rsalvetihehe, then you're the issue15:21
ografix your palms ?15:21
GrueMasterAlpha 3 testing was brutal (again).  Made it through at the last minute.15:22
ograor your fingers :)15:22
ograGrueMaster, we werent the last ;)15:22
ograkubuntu was respun this morning15:22
rsalvetiand most important, we made it :-)15:22
GrueMasterIt won't past muster.15:22
ograawesome job !!!15:22
ograGrueMaster, NCommander thanks for making it possible15:22
GrueMasterI also spot tested kubuntu last night.  It has more serious problems.15:22
ograrsalveti, and thanls for the right suggestion at the right moment ;)15:23
ograGrueMaster, kubuntu x86/amd64 was respun15:23
rsalvetiogra: haha :-)15:23
ogranot armel15:23
GrueMasterWell, armel was also respun by NCommander at my request.15:24
ograoh, twice ?15:24
ograi only saw 03 and no 03.1 when i tested15:24
GrueMasterThought it may be also hung up by the same issue.  Turns out it has additional critical failure issues.15:24
ogra(or did you talk about kubuntu armel now)15:24
ograah, confusing :)15:25
GrueMasterWe announced we were respinning in #u-release.15:25
ograi thought you talked about netbook15:25
GrueMasterIt would be far easier to understand what I was talking about if there were less interuptions.  I haven't stopped talking about kubuntu.15:26
GrueMasterAt any rate, I have nothing constructive to add further.15:27
GrueMasterNCommander: move on, please.15:27
NCommander[topic] ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, janimo)15:28
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Porting/FTBFS status (NCommander, janimo)15:28
NCommandernothing new to report expect livecd-rootfs got a lobotomy to get a3 images out15:28
janimogetting better15:28
NCommandermono work still pending a3 release15:28
NCommanderjanimo: got anything else or can I move?15:29
rsalvetiit should appear more gl/gles related bugs, now that more packages get updated15:29
NCommander[topic] ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)15:29
rsalvetifor wrong usage or lack of proper detection15:29
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)15:29
ograA3 released15:29
NCommanderWe made A3. livecd-rootfs got a nasty hack due to webkit sucking15:29
ogranothing else to report for existing images15:29
ograNCommander, do you need any help with janis changes ?15:29
rsalvetiI'm building webkit with gcc-4.4 to see if it could be related with the toolchain15:30
NCommanderogra: feel free to grab them and run with ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)15:30
rsalvetibut webkit in general is completely broken15:30
NCommanderwhat I need is to take Xorg apart15:30
rsalvetiand gcc can't help on it15:30
ograso its an internal webik error ?15:30
ograthats bad15:30
ograespecially if we cant blame the toolchain15:30
rsalvetiyup, we'll see15:31
janimorsalveti, , I saw PPA builds of webkit failed15:31
NCommanderrsalveti: I recommend you prepare the approicate sacarifies to the debugging gods15:31
rsalvetijanimo: that's fine, armel is still building15:31
rsalvetiI forgot that the ppa also builds for other arches15:31
ograyeah, who cares about exotic arches like x86 anyway15:31
rsalvetiyup :-)15:31
GrueMasterI do when the build failures start spamming me.15:31
rsalvetisorry about that :-)15:32
NCommanderwe should have some sorta nice porting team to assign bugs to when x86 breaks since hardware is so scare :-)15:32
ograprocmail ftw ;)15:32
ograNCommander, good idea ! propose that to davidm15:32
ograso he can bring it up to the managers15:32
NCommander[action] NCommander to draft and formalize x86 porting team proposal15:33
MootBotACTION received:  NCommander to draft and formalize x86 porting team proposal15:33
* ogra has nothing else 15:33
NCommander*/silly off*15:33
NCommander[topic] AOB15:33
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB15:33
ograi held a talk at UDD ...15:34
ogragot some nice positive feedback and actually the hour was filled with questions (i only talked for 10min or so)15:34
ograseems there is good community interest in arm15:35
ograerr UDW, sorry15:35
NCommanderogra: watch your TLAs :-)15:35
* janimo waits for Daniel to post the daily summary links and I'll check out the transcript15:35
rsalvetiyeah, saw that, quite nice we had so many people interested on it15:35
NCommanderI'm probably going to be out the rest of the morning and possibly early afternoon15:36
NCommanderI got a grand total of 45 minutes of sleep15:36
ograyeah, get some lseep15:36
NCommanderplan on it15:36
janimoas in long sleep15:36
ograyou well earned a break ;)15:36
NCommanderAnyting else15:36
NCommanderclosingin the meeting in 515:36
janimocalendar is helpful, just got an email reminding me of this meeting15:36
ograjanimo, fix your timezone ;)15:37
MootBotMeeting finished at 09:37.15:37
janimoogra, it is gmail actually15:37
ografix your TZ setting there15:37
janimono timezonme settings are off by 30 minutes :)15:37
ograthats what you get living in the middle of a TZ15:37
NCommanderjanimo: actually ..15:37
NCommanderIndia is off by 30 minutes15:37
ograit just tries to be precise15:38
janimowell yes, and a few other regions in wide countries15:38
janimobut not around here15:38
sorenthere's a city somewhere that's off by 20 minutes, iirc.15:38
NCommanderI'm gone15:38
=== czajkows1i is now known as czajkowski
=== mdeslaur_ is now known as mdeslaur
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== debfx_ is now known as debfx
=== jussi01_ is now known as jussi
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== nixternal_ is now known as nixternal
=== inetpro_ is now known as inetpro
=== JayFo is now known as JFo
=== AndrewMC is now known as Guest30896
=== Guest30896 is now known as AndrewMC
=== davmor2_ is now known as davmor2
charlie-tcaanyone here for the Xubuntu meeting?19:01
MootBotMeeting started at 13:01. The chair is charlie-tca.19:02
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]19:02
charlie-tcaIf I go away, just keep going19:02
highvoltagegood afternoon charlie-tca19:02
charlie-tcaWelcome to the weekly Xubuntu Community Meeting19:02
charlie-tcaHello, highvoltage19:02
charlie-tcaThe full meeting agenda is available at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings19:02
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Old business19:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Old business19:02
charlie-tcaXubuntu marketing plans19:03
charlie-tcaany word on these yet?19:03
charlie-tcaochosi and knome will put together some logo designs to be discussed as the menu icon19:04
charlie-tcarunning out of time for this, aren't we, mr_pouit19:04
charlie-tcawe need someone to update the slideshows displayed during the installation, they are badly outdated (they were made for karmic or lucid)19:04
BillyBobi have a small opinion to make; xubuntu is trying to fit into the same niche as ubuntu, maybe we need to find a different one?19:04
charlie-tcaI think we can close this one, knome and ochosi got a start on it19:05
mr_pouitwe have 3 weeks before UI freezen so it might be ok19:05
charlie-tcaThanks, mr_pouit19:05
BillyBobi could do that if u want19:05
charlie-tcaBillyBob: that would fit better in "Any other business"19:05
charlie-tcado which one?19:05
BillyBobsoz, first time19:05
charlie-tcamarketing plans?19:06
beardygnomehi all, stuck at work, so I'm going to have to skip this meeting. will catch up on the minutes when they are published.19:07
charlie-tcaThanks for letting us know, beardygnome19:07
charlie-tcaBillyBob: which one do you think you could help with?19:07
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Team updates19:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Team updates19:08
BillyBobcharlie-tca: the slideshow, and i think my mate and i could get it onto the website too19:08
charlie-tcaSlideshow should be about done now. I believe ochosi is going to supply some new snapshots of the greybird theme to finish it up19:09
charlie-tcaBut, by all mean, talk to knome or ochosi about it and see if they can use some help?19:09
BillyBobOK, have you got someone to put it on website? we could do that19:10
beardygnomecharlie-tca: np19:10
charlie-tcaThe website is being redone in wordpress, I think that is part of the reworking.19:10
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Packaging & Development19:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Packaging & Development19:11
charlie-tcamr_pouit: updates?19:11
mr_pouitNothing much this week, it was rather calm because of the alpha freeze19:11
mr_pouit* Updated xubuntu-default-settings/xubuntu-meta for the changes decided last meeting.19:11
mr_pouit* Fixed xfce4-indicator-plugin to support changing volume on scroll events with indicator-sound.19:11
mr_pouit* Uploaded update-manager patch from last week (Bug #530161).19:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 530161 in update-manager "Restart is not supported if not using gnome session manager (affects XFCE & LXDE)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/53016119:11
mr_pouitThat's all.19:12
charlie-tcaCalm is good for a change19:12
charlie-tcaI saw an indicator-sound-??? crash a few times in testing, was that the one abouve?19:12
mr_pouityeah, it's this indicator in the panel19:13
charlie-tcathe other one causing concern was the update-manager crashing on first update after installing.19:13
charlie-tcathat is being looked at by Ubuntu devs19:13
charlie-tcaAny questions for mr_pouit ?19:14
charlie-tcaThank you, mr_pouit. Your work is greatly appreciated!19:14
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Bug Triage & Testing19:14
MootBotNew Topic:  Bug Triage & Testing19:14
charlie-tcaNot much on bugs this week, but we did test the ISO images for Natty Alpha3.19:15
charlie-tcaTesting went pretty good this time around, however, wubi is broken19:15
charlie-tcaAny questions?19:15
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Website & Marketing19:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Website & Marketing19:16
charlie-tcaAny updates from knome or pleia2 ?19:16
charlie-tcahm, it is a bad day for freenode today.19:17
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Artwork19:17
MootBotNew Topic:  Artwork19:17
BillyBobare you at all interested in photographs for some desktop wallpapers?19:18
charlie-tcaThe new themes and layouts are now in alpha3. Greybird is a really neat theme!19:18
* mvo has fixed the u-m issue in bzr19:19
charlie-tcayes, they can be submitted, but all the wallpaper will be submitted through the community artwork project at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/0007_Xubuntu_Natty_Wallpaper19:20
BillyBobright, i'll upload them then19:20
charlie-tcaphotos will be considered, as they as they meet the specs19:20
charlie-tcaThe upload site is http://www.flickr.com/groups/uawt-7/19:20
charlie-tcathank you, mvo19:21
charlie-tcaany other questions on artwork?19:21
=== ghostcube_ is now known as ghostcube
charlie-tcaI see ochosi made it, any news on19:21
charlie-tca# ochosi and knome will put together some logo designs to be discussed as the menu icon19:21
ochosiyeah, sry, didn't make it with the menu icon19:22
ochosiwas busy with other stuff19:22
ochosixfwm4 theme is finished19:22
ochosiso basically the greybird theme is pretty final19:22
charlie-tcaOkay, we got about three weeks to freeze19:22
charlie-tcathe greybird theme is fantastic!19:22
ochosiso with greybird we're basically in a bugfix phase19:22
charlie-tcaNext week we should be reviewing wallpapers19:22
ochosiyeah, feedback is pretty good19:22
ochosimaybe discuss them a bit before the meeting even19:23
ochosiknome and me did a new gmusicbrowser icon for xubuntu19:23
ochosiit's pretty nice :)19:23
* ochosi digs up the link19:23
charlie-tcaIs it the one in the alpha3?19:23
ochosino, up to now it was monochrome19:24
* micahg is back19:24
ochosiwhich was problematic19:24
ochosiyou can see it here: https://github.com/shimmerproject/gmusicbrowser/blob/master/pix/gmusicbrowser.png19:24
ochosii guess that's about it from my side19:25
charlie-tcaWoW! I like that one a lot19:25
ochosi(the new icon also created good feedback by the way)19:25
ochosithanks :)19:25
charlie-tcathat does give a real nice idea of what the app does19:25
ochosiit's designed to be kinda generic, so it would give a good idea of the function19:25
charlie-tcaAnything for artwork?19:26
ochosinope, i'm done )19:26
charlie-tcaelse, that is?19:26
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Announcements19:26
MootBotNew Topic:  Announcements19:26
ochosisry, g2g again19:26
charlie-tcaNatty Narwhal Alpha3 released today!19:26
charlie-tcaThanks, ochosi19:27
ochosii'll read the log :)19:27
charlie-tcaGlad for your input19:27
charlie-tca[TOPIC] Any Other Business19:27
MootBotNew Topic:  Any Other Business19:27
micahgdid we get gmusicbrowser in the seed for alpha319:27
micahgor are we waiting on the new artwork?19:28
charlie-tcaNext meeting is on March 10, same place, 19:00 UTC19:28
charlie-tcamicahg: as far as I know, it is there19:28
charlie-tcaI know it was on the panel, and started with the launcher19:28
charlie-tcaThis was brought up earlier, and deserves an answer:19:29
charlie-tca<BillyBob> i have a small opinion to make; xubuntu is trying to fit into the same niche as ubuntu, maybe we need to find a different one?19:29
* micahg doesn't think so19:29
=== apachelogger_ is now known as apachelogger
micahgxubuntu is a lighter alternative to ubuntu, not lightest though19:30
charlie-tcaUbuntu with Unity and Gnome has always been aimed at the the new user coming from windows19:30
charlie-tcaWe have not aimed at the new user, intentionally.19:30
charlie-tcaWe are looking more at the user with at least some experience19:30
BillyBobOK, but xfce has almost the same configuration of programs (so far as i know) as GNOME, why change?19:31
charlie-tcaAnd, as micahg just stated, Xubuntu is a lighter alternative19:31
Sysiwe're hitting far from gnome3 and kde with xfce 4.819:31
charlie-tcaum, BillyBob, I think you should look again19:31
charlie-tcano open office/libreoffice19:31
charlie-tcano rythmbox/banshee19:31
charlie-tcano unity/compiz19:31
Sysibrowser is same, shortly said19:32
micahgyes, and lighter default apps19:32
BillyBobOK, i'm just a noob i guess19:32
micahgI think the only default shared with Ubuntu is Firefox19:32
BillyBobbut if there was like a killer reason to change, maybe more people would?19:32
charlie-tcaThere are many differences, even though we do use some of the gnome applications19:32
Sysiwe could market xubuntu to old gnome users that don't like unity19:33
charlie-tcayes, that would be good, also to those experienced users who want more configurability19:33
charlie-tcaMany things can be changed in Xubuntu that are harder to change in Ubuntu19:34
BillyBobmaybe if we marketed with that, customisability?19:35
BillyBobforgive me if u do19:35
charlie-tcaWe need help with the marketing part of things19:35
BillyBobhave you thought about removing the rat from the logo, because rats are sneaky and annoying, and pests?19:36
BillyBobmaco: what about a mouse?19:37
Sysiit's xfce's mouse19:37
BillyBoboh, a mouse!19:38
charlie-tcaBillyBob: here is the start to our Marketing plans - feel free to add to it19:38
charlie-tcaThe mouse is the Xfce logo19:38
charlie-tcajust as the footprint is the gnome logo19:38
BillyBobbut maybe we don't have to use it, the ubuntu logo doesn't have a foot19:39
charlie-tcaideas accepted19:39
charlie-tcaPlease add them to the marketing page19:40
PsynoKhi0ubuntu now has pretty much its own DE though :)19:40
PsynoKhi0well... own shell rather19:40
Unit193It's nice to have the minimize/maximize/close buttons on the top right19:40
charlie-tcaYes, even though the underlying stuff is gnome, they are putting more and more of their own into Ubuntu19:40
charlie-tcaheh, gnome3 does away with minimize and maximize buttons19:41
BillyBobmmm, true19:41
charlie-tcaXubuntu gives the user the option to use the buttons or hide them all19:41
charlie-tcaThere's that configurability again, huh?19:42
BillyBobbefore i go, perhaps a freash new icon theme, like the 'breathe' one, the xfce one looks kinda old19:42
charlie-tcatoo late for this cycle19:43
Sysidiscuss with knome about that :P19:43
charlie-tcaAnything else to discuss19:43
charlie-tcaknome does not run things, he can make suggestions too19:43
charlie-tcathe icons are there for Natty, already19:43
charlie-tcagoing 2.....19:44
PsynoKhi0then again, having the ubuntu logo19:44
charlie-tcaThanks for participating in this meeting!19:44
charlie-tcahuh? what "having the ubuntu logo"?19:44
charlie-tcawhere is that?19:45
charlie-tcaOf course, we walk a fine line, being a separate distribution but officially supported by Ubuntu19:45
PsynoKhi0having the ubuntu logo instead of the xfce one would brand xubuntu as a distro with stronger tie with ubuntu, instead of strong tie with xfce19:45
charlie-tcaThat would be a wrong suggestion. We really do have a strong tie with Xfce19:46
charlie-tcasince that is the desktop environment we use.19:46
charlie-tcaWe could consider a logo that shows both, again, as we had in the past.19:47
PsynoKhi0was wondering where this one went :)19:47
charlie-tcabut we will not confuse the user by using the Ubuntu logo. That does designate Ubuntu, a different distribution.19:47
PsynoKhi0fair point19:47
charlie-tcaDevelopment happens in #xubuntu-devel, support happens in #xubuntu19:48
Unit193How about the Ubuntu logo with the mouse in the middle?19:48
charlie-tcaum, it would be better to use a similar but different design then the Ubuntu logo.19:49
Sysigetting complicated for small sizes19:49
charlie-tcayeah, we tried to get the mouse in the wheel, it did not work well19:49
charlie-tcaWE need one that designates lightweight, tied to ubuntu, tied to Xfce, with great configurability!19:50
PsynoKhi0does it really have to show the entire logo? my only gripe about natty alpha is that the menu button is really small19:50
charlie-tcaa few designs to look at would be nice19:50
charlie-tcaWe are trying to get some new designs drawn up19:51
charlie-tcaThe fact that it is the logo does not mean it has to be tiny19:51
PsynoKhi0let me upload a pic real quick19:52
charlie-tcabetter to do a couple of pictures, and give us a chance to see them. We will not make a decision today, anyway.19:53
charlie-tcaHopefully, we will have logos to look at next week, right?19:53
charlie-tcaPsynoKhi0 and ochosi and maybe knome will get some together for us?19:54
PsynoKhi0can give it a try19:54
charlie-tcaPsynoKhi0: feel free to tell us in #xubuntu-devel any links to see a preview of it, okay?19:54
PsynoKhi0sure thing19:54
charlie-tcaI would like to end this meeting, if we can?19:54
charlie-tcaThanks again for participating. It is great to see interest being generated!19:55
MootBotMeeting finished at 13:55.19:55
* charlie-tca has a two year old wanting attention too19:56
=== _thumper_ is now known as thumper
=== zul_ is now known as zul
=== popey_ is now known as popey
=== cody-somerville_ is now known as cody-somerville

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!