micahgpitti: ACK on xulrunner debdiff, thanks01:44
=== kklimonda1 is now known as kklimonda
=== Pici` is now known as Pici
=== Tm_T_ is now known as Tm_Tr
RAOFI take it not many people have gltext set as their screensaver :)07:23
* micahg had gltext crash07:34
RAOFmicahg: Probably killed by the oom killer, I'd guess.07:38
=== cassidy` is now known as cassidy
=== Zdra` is now known as xclaesse
kamstrupdpm: good morning - i have an i18n question for you :-)08:23
dpmheya kamstrup, good morning, feel free to shoot then :)08:24
kamstrupdpm: in unity-place-applications I want to filter out a set of stop words from the index08:24
kamstrupdpm: and I have const gchar *STOP_WORDS[] = {"a", "an", "and", "are", "as", "at", "be", "but", "by", "for", "if", "in", "into", "is", "it", "no", "not", "of", "on", "or", "s", "such", "t", "that", "the", "their", "then", "there", "these", "they", "this", "to", "was", "will", "with"};08:24
kamstrupdpm: I'm wondering that the sanest way to mark this for translation is..?08:24
kamstrupdpm: I was thinking of putting it in the applications.place file and use the normal .desktop translation stuff for it08:25
kamstrupdpm: or should I use _() in the code? or what makes sense :-)08:25
dpmkamstrup, I think having them marked in the code would give us the benefit of adding a translator comment explaining briefly to translators that these are stop words. I think this might be better than having them in a .desktop file, which IIRC does not allow for comments (or at least they are not forwarded to the .pot file)08:27
kamstrupdpm: hmmm... wait... now that I thihnk about it - not all languages may have the same number of stopwords08:28
kamstrupdpm: and it that case I couldn't really list them as individual elements in C code...08:29
kamstrupie. stopw[0] = _("a"); ... doesn't work in that case08:30
dpmkamstrup, I think tracker used to use stop words, but I'm not sure how they made it so that translators could add new ones for their language. It might be worth looking at tracker (if my memory serves right and it wasn't another project :)08:30
RAOFCouldn't you have a single (something) delimited string of stop-words and split it on startup?08:31
kamstrupdpm: Tracker does it like this http://git.gnome.org/browse/tracker/tree/data/languages but they have a vastly bigger set of stopwords because they index arbitrary data, but I only have apps metadata here08:32
mvokamstrup: sounds like something we should share acceross unity/software-center too08:33
kamstrupmvo: could be an idea08:33
mvoor I will just nick it from your code ;)08:34
kamstrupmvo: a possibility - some interdependency would not be so fun to have I think, so pasting could be the solution08:34
kamstrupmvo, dpm: I'm not sure I like Tracker's approach for my purpose, but here's another idea (in Python syntax):08:35
mvoyeah, interdependencies is not a good idea08:35
kamstrupstopwords = _("a an and are as at be ...").split()08:35
kamstrupso concat all stopwords in one translatable string and split on whitespace (or some other delimiter)08:36
dpmoh, I see, yeah08:36
dpmkamstrup, so from the translators side, a code coment above the line + that, would work well I think08:38
=== m4n1sh-ic is now known as m4n1sh
kamstrupdpm: ok, i'll try that then08:39
kamstrupmvo: ^^08:39
dpmcool, thanks kamstrup08:39
dpmgood morning pitti, I've got a question for you:08:45
dpmIt seems that the change in langpack-o-matic to copy the xpi files is causing an issue in the language pack PPAs containing FF3.6 translations (maverick+lucid), as it seems that translations have moved from the -base to the delta package and don't work there. This was discussed on the translators list recently https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/2011-March/004486.html (see the thread for more background)08:45
kamstrupmvo: i'll use ; as stopword delimiter instad on second thought - I dunno if some odd language could have whitespace crossing "stop-phrases" or something08:47
kamstrup(although, I think I'd break on that elsewhere, but anyway :-))08:47
mvokamstrup: sounds good, once you have it commited, could you send me the revno?08:49
mvo_kamstrup: hrm, network disconnected: <mvo> kamstrup: sounds good, once you have it commited, could you send me the revno please?08:55
pittiGood morning08:56
edwardcmorning, pitti08:57
pittidpm: hm, that sounds like a separate issue, though; the changes were guared with >= natty08:57
pittidpm: I have a phone call now, will look into this later08:57
pittiedwardc: good morning/evening!08:57
edwardcpitti: :)08:57
kamstrupmvo_: sure thang09:02
GunnarHjpitti: Good morning! You may want to take a look at bug 730495.09:04
ubot2Launchpad bug 730495 in gdm-guest-session "Title bar missing in GTK+ dialogs" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73049509:04
dpmcool, thanks pitti09:05
chrisccoulsongood morning everyone09:25
pittidpm: ah, you should have access to macquarie.canonical.com now09:27
dpmpitti, yeah, I got the reply to the RT, thanks for that09:27
dpmgood morning chrisccoulson09:28
chrisccoulsonhi dpm, how are you?09:28
dpmchrisccoulson, fine thanks, I'm about finished with catching up today and about to do some real work :)09:29
=== soren_ is now known as soren
pittihey GunnarHj, good morning09:37
seb128hey pitti09:38
pittibonjour seb128, ca va?09:38
seb128pitti, got a cold but otherwise yes09:38
seb128I overslept but that didn't really fix it09:39
seb128pitti, what about you?09:39
pittiseb128: we went to the computer games museum in Berlin, and then visited my wife's grandma; returned last night09:39
seb128pitti, sounds nice ;-)09:41
seb128did you have nice weather as well?09:41
pittiyeah, it's marvellous now; bit cold still, but sunny09:42
pittiseb128: do you have something for gtk+2.0, or can I upload?09:43
seb128pitti, upload, I can't think of anything that is waiting to go in09:43
=== hrww is now known as hrw
kamstrupmvo: meh - i jave to drop stopwords for now... xapian's handling of stopwords does not work well at all for our purposes09:57
GunnarHjseb128: Hi Sebastien, you advised me to try on Monday, so here I am! :-)  Any chance that you can help with the uploads to -backports acc. to bug 719815? Scott K. and Martin have cleared them, but Scott does not have upload permission for gdm.10:01
ubot2Launchpad bug 719815 in maverick-backports "Please backport gdm and language-selector to Lucid and Maverick" [Wishlist,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/71981510:01
seb128pitti, ^10:01
seb128hey GunnarHj10:01
pittiI'll queue it up10:04
seb128pitti, do you know what this arch foreign change do in gtk?10:09
pittiseb128: the definition is in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MultiarchSpec#Dependencies%20involving%20Architecture:%20all%20packages10:11
pittiseb128: I understand why it's necessary for e. g. tzdata10:12
pittiI haven't thought about it for gtk2, though; that change came from Steve10:12
seb128pitti, thanks10:13
GunnarHjpitti: Ok, thanks. Fear that you are getting tired of me, so I asked seb128. ;-) OTOH it probably makes sense that you complete that 'project'...10:13
pittiGunnarHj: heh; no, not at all, I just need to find some time to sponsor it10:14
* pitti has a few tabs queued up as short-term TODO10:14
pittiGunnarHj: any help with the i18n stuff is appreciated10:14
seb128GunnarHj, sorry to not be really responsive to know but I've read some of the email exchanges on the topic, that has been going for weeks and is a non trivial set of changes, I don't want to start trying to get an hold of it just for doing backports10:14
GunnarHjpitti: Then I'm relieved. :-) Glad to help.10:19
GunnarHjseb128: I fully understand. Kind of realized it once I had pressed enter...10:20
seb128no worry, thanks for your work10:20
seb128kenvandine, pitti: does any of you would like to claim bug #730528?10:50
ubot2Launchpad bug 730528 in libappindicator "Impossible to inherit a class from AppIndicator*.Indicator in Python (gir)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73052810:50
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
and471hey mpt11:35
and471you managed to do any sketches?11:36
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
pittiseb128: do you have a second to try starting a second X session with unity? (guest or normal user); do you have unity-window-decorator running there?11:58
* pitti currently reproduced bug 730495 and did some initial poking11:59
ubot2Launchpad bug 730495 in compiz "unity-window-decorator doesn't start on secondary X session" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73049511:59
pittiGunnarHj: ^ FYI11:59
seb128pitti, sure11:59
seb128did you talk to smspillaz about it? he has been fixing issues with the decorator12:00
pittinot yet, I just started looking into this12:00
pittiI can't see any obvious DISPLAY=:0 hardcoding in the patch, but I'm not 100% sure what to grep for either12:00
seb128pitti, do you want me to test something?12:01
pittiseb128: mostly to confirm that you have the same startup failure, that it's not a  misconfiguration on my end12:01
seb128pitti, confirmed12:02
pittiseb128: thanks12:02
seb128I've confirmed in a classic desktop session12:02
seb128it's not unity specific12:02
seb128(u-w-d is used in classic)12:03
pittiunity-window-decorator is running in classic, too?12:03
seb128pitti, it's likely a recent issue, guest session was working fine until recently12:07
pittiI'm not using it that often12:08
pittiI did a dist-upgrade last night12:09
* pitti checks grep '^2011-03-06.*configure ' /var/log/dpkg.log12:09
pittiseb128: hm, nothign obvious there; the most gnome-ish bit is libcanberra12:10
seb128pitti, btw did you see my ping about bug #730528?12:13
ubot2Launchpad bug 730528 in libappindicator "Impossible to inherit a class from AppIndicator*.Indicator in Python (gir)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73052812:13
seb128pitti, not sure if that's rather a kenvandine's thing or if you want to comment on it12:13
pittiseb128: ah, I saw it; still busy with catching up on the over-weekend stuff12:13
pitti(gosh, people should stop doing so much work/mail on weekends!)12:13
pittiseb128: ah, that sounds familiar; that's not how GI works, I think12:14
seb128pitti, don't tell me, I just managed to catch up with my emails now12:14
seb128it's after alpha fun I guess ;-)12:14
seb128the appmenu thing is annoying12:15
seb128it keeps breaking in different ways12:15
chrisccoulsonpitti, we have firefox 4.0rc1 translation xpi's now12:19
pittihey chrisccoulson, good morning12:19
chrisccoulsonbut there is a problem with them: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=63945812:19
ubot2Mozilla bug 639458 in Build Config "Translation xpi's compatibility requirements too tight for release (4.0rc1)" [Normal,New]12:19
pittichrisccoulson: oh, great!12:19
chrisccoulsoni'm just talking to the mozilla guys about that now12:19
pittichrisccoulson: failing that, I could also edit the install.rdf in langpack-o-matic, but fixing it upstream would be appreciated of course12:20
pittichrisccoulson: want me to update the XPIs in po2xpi in my branch before you merge? or do you want to update them yourself?12:20
chrisccoulsonpitti - yeah, we could do that as a last resort, but i think they'll fix it12:20
chrisccoulsonpitti - feel free to update them. do you have a script which does that?12:21
chrisccoulsonnote, that the xpi's aren't in the expected location on the ftp server yet, as RC1 isn't released12:21
pittiI don't12:21
pittijust wget -r -np ;)12:21
chrisccoulsonah :)12:21
pittichrisccoulson: I don't see them in http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/ ?12:24
pittichrisccoulson: or is that "latest/"?12:24
chrisccoulsonpitti, see my last comment^^^ :)12:24
chrisccoulsonwell, the one before my last comment ;)12:24
chrisccoulson"note, that the xpi's aren't in the expected location on the ftp server yet, as RC1 isn't released"12:24
pittiah, sorry12:24
chrisccoulsonthey're currently in ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/4.0rc1-candidates/build1/linux-x86_64/xpi/12:24
pittichrisccoulson: anyway, I'll wait a bit for the upstream guys to comment12:24
seb128hey chrisccoulson, how are you?12:26
chrisccoulsonhi seb128 - i'm good thanks, how are you?12:27
seb128got a cold but otherwise I'm fine12:27
seb128chrisccoulson, we got several new libdbusmenu or indicator-appmenu issues, let me know if you have time for some this week.12:30
chrisccoulsonseb128 - sure, although i'm meant to be patch piloting today12:30
chrisccoulsonand i'm trying to fix firefox URI handling issues too12:30
chrisccoulsonbut that shouldn't take too long12:30
seb128ok, no worry start with those, if you have time let me know, i've issues to dispatch12:31
seb128i've assigned those to mterry for now but he might welcome some help there12:31
seb128like there 2 or 3 bugs about menus not updating as they should and 1 or 2 crashers12:31
seb128chrisccoulson, gnome-bt has still a buggy case ;-)12:32
seb128chrisccoulson, if you turn bt off and on the "visible" item check got dropped12:32
chrisccoulsoncool, i'll take a look at those when i get some time12:32
seb128chrisccoulson, do you want this one assigned to you?12:32
chrisccoulsonyeah, can do12:32
seb128chrisccoulson, bug #72346312:39
ubot2Launchpad bug 723463 in indicator-appmenu "indicator-applet-appmenu crashed with SIGSEGV in dbusmenu_menuitem_send_about_to_show()" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72346312:39
seb128bug #12:39
seb128bug #72912812:39
ubot2Launchpad bug 729128 in indicator-application "gnome-bt "visible" item toggle not working after turning bt off and on" [Low,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72912812:39
seb128chrisccoulson, those are yours12:39
chrisccoulsonseb128 - cool, thanks12:39
seb128thank to you!12:40
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
chrisccoulsonw00t, got a working fix for bug 727372 now \o/13:05
ubot2Launchpad bug 727372 in firefox "FF 4 requires both .desktop and gconf entries for url handlers" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72737213:05
seb128hello mterry!14:00
mterryseb128, hello!  noticed your libdbusmenu tear  :)14:01
seb128mterry, ;-)14:01
seb128mterry, so I've basically moved the menu refresh issues and missing items to you14:02
seb128mterry, and moved the crasher and indicator-application issue away in exchange14:02
seb128let me know if that works for you ;-)14:03
mterryseb128, ah, k.  I'm actually working on the most annoying bug in unity for me right now: "why doesn't the paste shortcut work in gnome-terminal sometimes" but I'll get to the libdbusmenu stuff too14:03
mterrythis may be libdbusmenu anyway14:03
seb128mterry, well it might be that those empathy issues and a few others turn to be one bug14:04
seb128that's why I assigned the set to you14:04
mterryyeah, makes sense14:04
seb128otherwise we might need with people working on the same bug from different angle and duplicating work14:04
bcurtiswxDictionary note: add Oneiric to it ;)14:08
* bcurtiswx picks on tedg for breaking dbus,14:11
bcurtiswxI appreciate not being able to set my status as away from the indicator menu :P14:12
chrisccoulsontedg likes breaking stuff :)14:12
=== doko_ is now known as doko
bcurtiswxits rumored his license plate says "iluv2break"14:13
kenvandinebcurtiswx, i know the exact commit to revert in dbusmenu to fix it14:13
kenvandinebut will wait for tedg to actually fix it14:13
* kenvandine notices twitter, identi.ca and facebook all flooded with posts about Oneiric14:14
* kenvandine wonders how to pronounce that properly14:14
bcurtiswxnot even the EN-US dictionary knows it exists14:15
sorenhttp://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/oneiric knows14:15
soren(how to pronounce it, that is)14:15
bcurtiswxo-nye   or o-knee ?14:16
sorenbcurtiswx: Look at that link. There's a link to a sound clip.14:18
bcurtiswxah yes, o-nye-rick14:18
seb128hey kenvandine, tedg14:24
seb128kenvandine, do you know if the same commit breaks other things?14:24
seb128we got new appmenu issues recently14:25
kenvandinei would think it does14:25
bcurtiswxhi seb12814:27
seb128hello bcurtiswx14:27
dobeypitti: ping14:52
pittihey dobey, how are you?14:57
dobeypitti: good. and you?14:58
pittiI'm great, thanks14:58
dobeypitti: can you approve my new maverick-proposed upload for ubuntuone-client? it includes the rest of the fix for that one last bug15:00
dobeybug #661292 that is15:00
ubot2Launchpad bug 661292 in ubuntuone-client "Nautilus is not aware of published files" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/66129215:00
pittiI can do another round of SRUs a bit later, yes15:01
dobeygreat, thanks15:02
lamalexbryceh_, what lp project do I give bugs to for driver issues?15:04
lamalexand is simply, "driver does not support feature foo" a bug that I should even file?15:04
dobeylamalex: the source package that contains the driver?15:14
dobeylamalex: most of them would probably be against "linux (Ubuntu)" i guess?15:15
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
micahgpitti: why did you assign work items back to me?15:33
pittimicahg: I just fixed the spelling; your LP account is micahg, not micah-g15:35
pittimicahg: did you want to assign them to someone else instead?15:35
micahgpitti: right, I wanted them off the security team's burndown charts, but I hope to work on them on community time, is there a better way to do this?15:36
pittimicahg: the only requirement is that if you put a launchpad ID in front of a work item, it needs to be a valid one15:37
micahgpitti: so, I'm better off removing the ID then?15:37
pittimicahg: you can also put in a team there instead, to more clearly mark them as "not really owned"15:37
micahgpitti: ok, does the WI tracker figure out who's in a team or does it stop if it's assigned to a team?15:38
pittimicahg: it does know who is in what team, yes; but we don't build charts for e. g. ~mozilla-team15:39
pittiso it won't matter for that15:39
micahgpitti: ok, thanks15:39
pittimicahg: should we run through the plugin list again and delete more packages?15:39
micahgpitti: I think we're left with apps at this point, I'd say let's reevaluate in a couple weeks15:40
micahgI think whatever's not ported by beta should be dropped unless someone is committing to porting it, that should wake up anyone who has an interest in a package15:41
pittisounds like a plan15:41
micahgchrisccoulson: ^^ how does that sound?15:42
chrisccoulsonthere's going to be a lot of stuff that isn't ported by beta ;)15:43
chrisccoulsonparticularly swt-gtk (and therefore, eclipse)15:43
micahgchrisccoulson: eclipse has its own copy of swt-gtk I thought15:45
chrisccoulsonmicahg - if it does, then that would be a bonus. because, that means we could switch off the browser part of swt-gtk, and just drop vuze and tuxguitar ;)15:45
kklimondachrisccoulson: any idea what could be done about it: http://pastebin.com/nFfzeuGD ?15:51
kklimondachrisccoulson: mongodb uses its own malloc, and developers have decided to use macro to define it15:52
kklimondaso now runtime->malloc from jscntxt.h is transformed into runtime->mongodb:malloc ;)15:52
chrisccoulsonhmmm, that sucks. i'm not sure what you can do about that :/15:53
chrisccoulsoni think defining your own malloc as a macro sounds like a bug though ;)15:54
kklimondaI wonder if that's really been the intention15:55
chrisccoulsonwhat does the malloc macro do? does it wrap the glibc malloc?15:55
chrisccoulsonyou could probably just #undef malloc before including the jsapi headers ;)15:56
duanedesigndidrocks: what can you tell me about GChildCare. Doing some work on the wiki to update info on Parental Controls.15:56
kklimondachrisccoulson: well, it wraps their own malloc15:56
kklimondachrisccoulson: yeah, it may be a solution of some sort.. or a recipe for an even greater disaster15:57
didrocksduanedesign: just that I never had time to do serious work on it and that most of the design has been given to the GNOME guys who made Nanny15:57
kklimondaI've opened (or rather commented on) a bug in their BTS15:58
kklimondawe'll see if the response.15:58
kklimondathey respond*15:58
duanedesigndidrocks: aha, thank you16:01
didrocksyw :)16:01
didrocks(for reference, some code of GChildCare survived in Quickly :p)16:02
bigoncould someone look at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy/+bug/620733 ? I've changed my mind, in debian we are depending against 'libdconf0 | gsettings-backend'16:05
ubot2Launchpad bug 620733 in empathy "Empathy does not remember settings" [Medium,Confirmed]16:05
=== seiflotfy__ is now known as seiflotfy
dokopitti, Sweetshark: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/~openoffice-pkgs/+packagebugs16:18
and471hey mpt_ , did you get to work on any sketches?16:27
and471mpt_, ping16:50
mpt_hi and47116:50
mpt_I did not, sorry, I was busy with other things16:51
mpt_I'll do that tonight16:51
and471mpt_, no problem16:51
and471mpt_, no rush16:51
and471mpt_, I did have a question though, are you free to answer it?16:51
and471mpt_, do you have inkscape installed?16:51
mpt_and471, no, but that's easily fixed16:55
and471mpt_, when you have it installed, create a rectangle and open the fill and stroke dialog17:00
mpt_and471, done17:01
and471mpt_, so in the fill tab, you have the RGB, GSL, CMYK... tabs17:02
and471mpt_, now the use of these tabs is inconsistent with the tabs above it, the tabs above are looking at different things, as notebooks should be used according to the GNOME HIG17:02
seb128kenvandine, btw can you triage bug #730528? not sure if that's an issue that should be kept on the natty list or not17:03
ubot2Launchpad bug 730528 in libappindicator "Impossible to inherit a class from AppIndicator*.Indicator in Python (gir)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73052817:03
and471mpt_, however the RGB tabs are showing the *same thing* but in a different way17:03
and471mpt_, I am trying to do a mockup of an improved dialog and this is one thing I would change17:03
kenvandineseb128, sure17:03
seb128kenvandine, thanks17:03
and471mpt_, my idea was to use togglebuttons, however I am not sure this is the best widget for the job17:04
and471mpt_, is there a better suited widget for this situation?17:04
chrisccoulsonhmmm, i thought metacity was in the ubuntu-desktop packageset?17:06
kenvandinepitti, for bug 730528, what causes things like that to not get a default descriptor with GI?17:07
ubot2Launchpad bug 730528 in libappindicator "Impossible to inherit a class from AppIndicator*.Indicator in Python (gir)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73052817:07
kenvandinepitti, is it because there are 2 constructors?17:07
mpt_and471, this isn't quite answering your question, but GTK has a built-in color selection control. <http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkColorSelection.html>17:07
mpt_and471, so why isn't Inkscape using that?17:07
chrisccoulsonwould somebody please sponsor bug 583847 for me? i've already pushed to bzr17:07
* kenvandine would hate to have overrides for everything with multiple constructors17:07
ubot2Launchpad bug 583847 in metacity "metacity assert failure: metacity:ERROR:core/prefs.c:2482:meta_prefs_get_workspace_name: assertion failed: (workspace_names[i] != NULL)" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58384717:07
mpt_and471, the answer is partly that Inkscape is cross-platform, I guess, but also that the GTK color selection control isn't flexible enough.17:08
and471mpt_, guess it wants to offer more than one way of mixing colours (i.e. cmyk and cms)17:08
mpt_and471, so the answer to your question (how to present different ways of selecting a color) could be applied to GtkColorSelection too.17:08
and471mpt_, my question doesn't need to be specific to colours, just that kind of scenario17:09
bcurtiswxkenvandine, can the notify bubbles from gwibber contain the protocol it's from? (or maybe it should already?)17:10
mpt_and471, I suggest thinking of other examples of the same kind of thing and seeing how applications on various platforms present it. One example is analog/digital time.17:10
kenvandinebcurtiswx, tricky... since some of them could be multiple protocols17:10
kenvandineif you follow the same person on two networks17:10
kenvandineit collapses it to one notification17:11
and471mpt_, I guess another question would be, do you think using togglebuttons is a bad idea?17:11
bcurtiswxkenvandine, since it has to know what protocols to collapse, it can take that info and spit it out in the notify bubble?17:11
kenvandinebcurtiswx, and i don't see much value in displaying protocol in the notification anyway17:11
mpt_and471, no, probably it isn't bad, if you get the spacing right17:11
kenvandinebcurtiswx, since the whole point of gwibber is to aggregate that stuff17:11
kenvandineall you really care about is there is something you might want to go look at :)17:12
and471mpt_, ok17:12
kenvandinebcurtiswx, but not opposed to listening to reasons why it might be desirable17:12
bcurtiswxkenvandine, i see a message (backlogged probably for the 5 minutes of wait) since I follow a large amount of people, and have a crapton of facebook friends.  Lots of those messages get shoved a ways down on gwibber, and if i know which protocol than I can find ti a lot easier (with the color coding or the selections on the left)17:13
kenvandinebcurtiswx, so really just to help you find the message17:14
and471mpt_, ok last question :) can you see any issues/bad ui practice with this mockup? http://i.imgur.com/PYMx3.png17:17
mpt_and471, I thought GTK toggle buttons sat right next to each other, with no spacing between them?17:18
mpt_Or is that true only inside toolbars?17:18
and471mpt_, possibly - you are the ui guy :)17:18
mpt_and471, but I know less about GTK than you do at this point :-)17:18
and471mpt_, looks better with no padding - good call :)17:19
bcurtiswxkenvandine, i guess.  whats the against?17:20
vishand471: mpt_: thats now only in scrollbars , gtk+ doesnt have a combined-toggle-button like that yet.. there is bug in gnome bugzilla requesting that feature though ;)17:21
vishbtw, hi ! :)_17:21
and471hey vish17:21
kenvandinebcurtiswx, just that it might be a fair bit of work to make display the protocol17:21
vishand471: right now, the the gtk togglebutton only toggles ON/OFF17:22
kenvandinebcurtiswx, like there is no limit to the number of account syou might have configured that have the same friends17:22
kenvandinebcurtiswx, maybe we just need better search17:23
kenvandinelike find as you type search17:23
kenvandinebetter solution to that problem imho17:23
kenvandinealso not that easy to implement currently... but ultimate a better fix17:23
chrisccoulsonwell, i've rejected more patches than i've sponsored during my patch-pilot duties this afternoon17:24
bcurtiswxchrisccoulson, you meant you aren't the grinch of sponsors :P j/k17:24
chrisccoulsoni don't reject them based on a lack of debdiff though ;)17:25
bcurtiswxkenvandine, OK, maybe the notification bubbles could support icons on the right, but then its probably not necessary17:25
kenvandinebcurtiswx, i would rather make it easier for you to find things as opposed to just polluting the notification17:26
vishwheeee! Bug 730624 for chrisccoulson  ;)17:26
ubot2Launchpad bug 730624 in firefox "Resize grip overlaps download-manager's search box" [Low,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73062417:26
chrisccoulsonpfft, i like the resize grips!17:26
chrisccoulsoneven if they do look terrible in firefox17:26
chrisccoulsoni guess i'll have to disable them at some point though, even though i don't want to ;)17:27
and471mpt_, so apart from that it is okay?17:27
bcurtiswxkenvandine, yeah ctrl+f functionality in gwibber is probably TWTG17:27
kklimondachrisccoulson: why are you going to disable them?17:28
kklimondaThey are pretty useful17:28
chrisccoulsonkklimonda, they are. unfortunately, they obscure other UI elements that happen to be in the bottom right-hand corner17:28
chrisccoulsonbut, personally, i prefer them to be there ;)17:28
bcurtiswxwell i should say better ctrl+f17:28
chrisccoulsonother people disagree though17:29
chrisccoulsoni need to write a resize-grippy XUL widget!17:29
chrisccoulsonthere we go17:29
kklimondachrisccoulson: how does it look on Mac OSX?17:29
kklimondaThey also have grips like we do17:29
mpt_and471, I don't know that the menu is an improvement on the buttons for the fill type17:29
chrisccoulsonkklimonda, hmmm, good question, i'm not sure though17:30
vishand471: bah, "use:" is going to take a little longer with that dialogue ;)17:30
chrisccoulsonmpt_ has a mac, perhaps he could say ;)17:30
bcurtiswxkenvandine, right now ctrl+f performs searches using twitter search and identica search.. seems slow tho17:30
kenvandineand not really what i want it to do17:30
and471vish, what do you mean 'take a little longer' ?17:30
bcurtiswxkenvandine, and if i want to search peoples names instead i can't17:30
kenvandinei want a separate UI for creating search streams17:30
and471mpt_, with the menu, you now have text which conveys the meaning better than icons can in this situation17:31
kenvandinebcurtiswx, when we finally get the new UI, this will be much easier17:31
vishand471: click and then select, when right now it is just one click ;)17:31
kklimondaAFAIR the grip is translucent in Terminal.app17:31
kenvandineusing these mako rendered views is hard17:31
kenvandinebcurtiswx, man i want to get that new client finished... :/17:31
bcurtiswxkenvandine, brand new 'eh? mockups?17:31
and471vish, ah no, you don't even have to click, just scroll the mouse wheel :P17:32
vishkenvandine: is gwibber now using QML ? :)17:32
kenvandinevish...  nope :)17:32
kenvandineyou njpatel17:32
kenvandinenjpatel, someday we'll make that a reality :)17:32
bcurtiswxkenvandine, stylish /me likes17:32
kenvandinenow that Dee will work, i'll start working on the service changes soon17:33
kenvandinethen it will all be blocked by njpatel17:33
* njpatel stops making mockups17:33
kenvandinebcurtiswx, the view part of that is done already17:33
kenvandinebiggest piece we are missing is those tabs17:33
kenvandineand some fixups here and there17:34
* kenvandine hugs njpatel17:34
kenvandineand of course once i add the Dee model to gwibber-service17:34
kenvandinei'll create a unity-places-gwibber or something :)17:34
bcurtiswxplus the new scrollbar would look cool on that mockup17:34
vishand471: thats not an ideal alternative, thats just scrolling blindly to get to an option we wont know is either above or below ;p17:35
seb128mterry, did you need extra infos or testing on bug #729065?17:38
ubot2Launchpad bug 729065 in indicator-appmenu "gnome-display-properties crashed with SIGSEGV in g_object_set()" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72906517:38
mterryseb128, not clear.  the user's secondary bug that he filed after using my branch seems to not be reproducable.  But he no longer got the original crash.  So I think it's good to go...  I'll have to have tedg look carefully at it17:40
seb128mterry, ok thanks, yeah best is to get it in and see if we still get crashes similar to it17:41
seb128mterry, I just closed some duplicates, nautilus crashing during a file copy or eog crashing while browsing images17:41
seb128mterry, not really clear how it's being triggered17:41
mterryduplicates of that bug?17:41
seb128mterry, yes17:43
seb128mterry, bug #73071817:43
ubot2Launchpad bug 730718 in nautilus "nautilus crashed with SIGSEGV in g_object_set() (dup-of: 729065)" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73071817:43
ubot2Launchpad bug 729065 in indicator-appmenu "gnome-display-properties crashed with SIGSEGV in g_object_set()" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72906517:43
seb128bug #73035317:43
ubot2Launchpad bug 730353 in eog "eog crashed with SIGSEGV in g_object_set() (dup-of: 729065)" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73035317:43
mterryick, yeah.  we should get my branch reviewed then17:44
pittikenvandine: the difference between Object() and Object.new() is that the former just calls the standard GObject ctor, while the latter calls a custom one17:44
pittikenvandine: the GI folks recommend that a ctor should generally just initialize properties, then you can always just use teh default one with MyObject(prop1=value1, prop2=value2, ...)17:44
pittikenvandine: the default ctor throwing a segfault does sound like a bug in libappindicator, though17:46
chrisccoulsonanother patch rejected!17:58
pittichrisccoulson: ?18:01
chrisccoulsonpitti - i was just saying earlier that i seem to be rejecting more patches than i've uploaded today ;)18:01
pittichrisccoulson: ah, during piloting18:01
pittichrisccoulson: either way, cleanup is good :)18:02
chrisccoulsonthey're mostly --as-needed fixes which directly touch Makefile.in's and cover up other real bugs in the build system18:02
chrisccoulsonperhaps i'm being a bit too picky though, but i'd rather the fixes were all correct ;)18:02
bryceh_lamalex, yeah ultimately they should be filed against the driver (either xserver-xorg-video-* or mesa or linux) depending on the type of feature.18:02
pittichrisccoulson: yes, these should actually fix the Makefile.am, and also be sent to upstream (or at least Debian)18:03
pittichrisccoulson: NB that Debian sid is now affected by those as well18:04
seb128note that natty isn't18:04
pitti(any more)18:04
seb128doko just dropped the --as-needed since there is still universe work to do, that will resume next cycle18:04
pittiright, so the main focus of patch piloting sohuld be to get those upstream and into Debian18:05
seb128which means no hurry to take broken versions of the patches in  natty18:05
dokonote that --no-add-needed is still enabled18:05
pittiseb128: want me to look at the new poppler version?18:07
seb128pitti, I was going to do it tomorrow but if you want feel free18:08
* pitti tests new polkit-1 ATM, will sync if working well18:08
seb128pitti, btw should be sync the new policykit-1!?18:08
seb128ok, I need to run18:09
seb128pitti, we might need to do gexiv2 and shotwell, I didn't check with robert_ancell if he's going to do those this week18:09
seb128just throwing things to do18:09
seb128bah, ssh issues again18:10
chrisccoulsonkenvandine, you ok with bug 719324?18:10
ubot2Launchpad bug 719324 in ubuntu-geoip "ubuntu-geoip-provider should use uppercase HTTP method" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/71932418:10
pittiseb128: weird that shotwell doesn't appear on http://people.canonical.com/~platform/desktop/versions.html18:10
seb128pitti, can you sync-source -b robert_ancell -S experimental libsoup2.418:10
pittiseb128: will do18:10
seb128pitti, -S glib-networking as well18:10
seb128pitti, he emailed me about those but I forgot to do it today18:10
seb128pitti, well, versions track 0.8 which is the stable serie18:11
seb128pitti, they just rolled 0.8.90 last week18:11
seb128but it missed a3, it was a bit late for that18:11
seb128I guess we should ask a ffe as well for it18:11
pittiseb128: synced18:13
seb128ok, I need to run I'm late18:13
seb128see you tomorrow!18:13
pittiseb128: good night!18:13
seb128you as well18:13
pittididrocks: oh, another unity release? are we keeping the semiweekly ones now?18:24
* pitti eager to test the new release18:24
didrockspitti: no, it was planned that way already, Monday and Thursday for post-freeze :)18:24
didrockspitti: basically, what we do now is:18:25
didrocksThursday on the "usual business"18:25
didrockson freeze (alpha) week: release on Monday18:25
didrocksthen, next Monday, to let people test a little bit the alpha18:25
didrocksand back to Thursday as usual18:25
didrocksbtw, we try to keep https://launchpad.net/unity/3.0 up to date :)18:26
pittigood night everyone! time for sports18:29
didrockspitti: enjoy :)18:29
chrisccoulsonb'ah, i wish dbusmenu would stop breaking :)19:15
kenvandinedobey, FYI, bug 73092921:30
ubot2Launchpad bug 730929 in ubuntuone-client "ubuntuone-syncdaemon crashed with SIGSEGV in g_typelib_get_dir_entry_by_gtype()" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73092921:30
dobeythisfred: ^^21:31
kenvandinedobey, i started getting that after updating gir1.2-unity-3.0 to 3.6.2-0ubuntu121:31
dobeyi bet it doesn't like the unity gir21:31
kenvandinethisfred, reproduced this on two computers21:32
dobeykenvandine: https://twitter.com/#!/dohbee/status/44796479839281152 :)21:32
dobeythis morning, was frustrations with launchpadlib. now it's gir :(21:33
kenvandinedepending on gir is going to be fun, i can see that21:34
dobeygir is nasty21:34
dobeypretty much every gir is broken :(21:34
dobeythis is why i haven't gotten very far with encompass yet21:35
thisfredI'm not sure that I have enough knowledge to even start debugging this21:35
kenvandineseb128, did you see sjoerd's suggestion in #telepathy about updating gnome-keyring to 3.0, if it will work with gtk221:36
seb128kenvandine, no21:36
dobeythisfred: i say wait for the apport retrace21:36
seb128kenvandine, why would we want to do that?21:36
kenvandineseb128, it would save certificates21:37
kenvandineso people don't keep getting prompted to accept certs21:37
seb128kenvandine, which in practice give us...?21:37
kenvandineless annoyance to users21:37
seb128in which context are they prompted?21:37
kenvandineif the self-signed certs or if the cert doesn't match the domain21:37
kenvandinelike in google talk21:37
kenvandinefor google hosted domains21:38
kenvandinehe just asked if there was any chance we would, i assumed not21:38
kenvandinei am sure they probably get quite a few bug reports upstream about it21:39
seb128kenvandine, I've reviewing the git log21:39
seb128but it seems not likely21:39
seb128kenvandine, do you remember what happened last time we pondered updating gnome-keyring and did it? ;-)21:40
kenvandineyeah :)21:40
kenvandinei suspect the primary driver for them is to cut down on the noise of bug reports21:40
seb128I've not noticed so much noise on our side21:42
seb128the work and risk don't seem worth the win21:42
seb128I would say no21:42
seb128tedg, is bug #728503 on your list of things to work on?21:48
ubot2Launchpad bug 728503 in libdbusmenu "libappindicator stops updating the menu after gtk.MenuItem is added" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72850321:48
tedgseb128, Yup, I think the menu isn't getting mapped.21:48
seb128tedg, could you take the bug assignment, seems you have a clue of what's going on21:48
tedgseb128, I think it's an after effect of the change from realized to map for Empathy.21:48
tedgseb128, Sure21:49
seb128mterry, ^21:49
nperry_Any ideas when the gnome3 stack is going to merged with latest upstream git?21:49
seb128nperry_, no, we only work with tarballs, we don't have the ressources to snapshot git commits21:50
seb128tedg, bug #729191 bug #729194 bug #72920321:50
ubot2Launchpad bug 729191 in libdbusmenu "Empathy - 'Contact' menu items dont work in chat window" [Low,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72919121:50
ubot2Launchpad bug 729194 in libdbusmenu "Empathy - edit->contact is again missing submenus" [Low,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72919421:50
ubot2Launchpad bug 729203 in libdbusmenu "Shotwell - menubar not updated when switching back to a category" [Low,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72920321:50
nperry_seb128: Ok so when they roll a tarball out, thats when the stack gets updated!21:50
seb128tedg, do you think those issues could have to do with either the bug you fixed or the one I just listed?21:50
seb128nperry_, yes21:50
nperry_seb128: *goes to bang on the gnome door for updated tarballs*21:50
seb128nperry_, what update are you waiting on?21:51
seb128tedg, checking before mterry starts spending time on those21:51
tedgseb128, I think those are probably because of the patch that kenvandine distro patched a couple hours ago.21:51
nperry_seb128: the power indicator was fixed..21:51
mterryseb128, sorry, what's the question?21:51
seb128tedg, btw could you review his appmenu-gtk merge request as well today? we got some duplicates of crashers21:52
tedgseb128, I think I merged it, no?21:52
seb128mterry, not so much of a question than the 3 lines before my "^"21:52
mterrytedg, there is another one, about cancelling RegisterWindow callbacks21:52
seb128mterry, just read it for context21:52
tedgmterry, Oh, man.  Okay.  will do.21:52
mterryseb128, I could believe the realize->map change affected things21:52
seb128mterry, I'm just trying to avoid have you and tedg duplicating work21:52
mterryseb128, I'm not workign on that now21:53
mterryseb128, been doing a bunch of MIRs and next is figuring out why alt-mnemonics don't activate the global menu21:53
seb128mterry, ok, so maybe wait for ted to fix bug #728503 before investigating the other issues21:53
ubot2Launchpad bug 728503 in libdbusmenu "libappindicator stops updating the menu after gtk.MenuItem is added" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72850321:53
seb128seems you are busy with other things today21:54
seb128so should be alright ;-)21:54
mterryyeah, a bunch of small things just kept coming up today :)21:54
bcurtiswxkenvandine, can I play gwibber critic again?22:32
kpettitHi, I'm trying out Ubuntu 11.04 and I'm using "Ubuntu Classic Desktop" which is supposed to be like default in 10.10 and older.22:43
kpettitBut it does the Max OSX type of menu where the menu's aren't on the applicaiton box but on the main bar.22:44
kpettitAnybody know how I can swithc application menu's back to how they work in 10.10 and 10.04?22:44
seb128kpettit, right click on the menu and and pick remove22:45
kpettitI did and it just removed that icon.22:46
seb128you clicked on the icon and not on the menu then22:46
seb128they are different22:46
kpettitAll the applications like xchat for example don't have menu's on the app window.  They are all on the top bar like where the ubuntu icon is.22:46
seb128right, indicator-appmenu-applet is configured by default22:47
kpettitahhhh, that's better22:47
kpettitthanks a ton seb128.22:47
seb128you're welcome22:47
kpettitI have a dual-screen setup so it was driving me crazy to have to drag the mouse so far to get to menu items22:47

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!