abhinav-soren,  sorry for wrongly disturbing you. this stupid xchat does autocompletion whenever it wishes :-/00:34
bryceh_kees, hmm did you put your mountall changes into bzr?00:47
keesbryceh_: there is no bzr tree in debian/control for it. did I miss something?00:48
bryceh_yeah, there is a bzr tree with a change from cjwatson00:50
bryceh_(and an outstanding merge from me; I'd made the mistake of assuming bzr had current mountall changes)00:50
bryceh_kees, no worries, I'll fix up00:51
bryceh_(and fix up control)00:51
keesbryceh_: argh, uncommitted in UDD? crap, sorry.00:52
keesbryceh_: I'm still getting used to the idea of people developing in UDD without doing uploads.00:52
bryceh_it's a bit weird for me too, although we've been doing this (in git) with X a while00:53
keesyeah, for me, I just don't like having both the automatic upload stomping on the same tree as devel work00:53
keesbryceh_: if you're not already in the middle of it, I can clean up my mistake; just let me know.00:54
bryceh_already done00:54
keesheh, cool.00:54
superm1doko, mterry what was the package in question that's making mythbuntu uninstallable? i didn't see it mentioned in bt00:56
dokosuperm1: dbus-c++ and libconfig, b-d's of libffado00:57
superm1ah libffado isn't a direct rdepend of anything seeded - but it is of libjack-dev00:58
superm1that will probably mess both mythbuntu and ubuntu studio then00:58
dokosee the two MIR's, I think both could need a version update and symbols files01:00
superm1jack support isn't that important in mythbuntu though, so if yall decide jack support has to go for any reason, it's not that big of a deal to just disable it01:00
superm1the studio guys might feel a bit differently01:00
dokosuperm1: could you subscribe these groups to the reports?01:02
superm1doko, sure what were the bug numbers?01:03
dokolooking ...01:03
keesbryceh_: I double-checked it too and added the missing conf file.01:04
dokosuperm1: bug #730759 and bug #73076001:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 730759 in dbus-c++ (Ubuntu Natty) "[MIR] b-d for libffado" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73075901:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 730760 in libconfig (Ubuntu Natty) "[MIR] b-d for libffado" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73076001:04
LLStarksjcastro, is there any way to completely wipe unity settings?01:05
superm1doko, okay subscribed.  in the meanwhile, i'll disable jack so that the builds stay installable for your archive rebuild01:06
dokosuperm1: thanks, will look tomorrow if libffado can be demoted01:07
abhinav-TheMuso, thanks for looking at my tomboy patch for bug 386893.01:22
ubottuLaunchpad bug 386893 in tomboy (Ubuntu) "Searching within a notebook should inform the user that no results were found within that notebook" [Wishlist,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/38689301:22
abhinav-I have replaced the messagebox with a label and buttons in the tomboy UI itself. I also posted in the tomboy mailing list, about the changes that I am making. There hasn't been much response :-|01:24
=== ogra is now known as Guest2736
=== Guest2736 is now known as ogra_
=== asac_ is now known as asac
=== ArneGoet1e is now known as ArneGoetje
wipalmost done with packaging (.deb) my own application. i have all those dependencies for my application: http://pastebin.com/aTqQEciF (objdump -p ./myapp | grep NEEDED) do i need to list all (and how) in control depends. for example: libgmodule-2.0.so.0 how to write it in my control file: Depends: libgmodule-2.0 OR Depends: libgmodule-2.0.so.0 or...?03:23
highvoltagewip: you probably want to ask that in #ubuntu-packaging or #ubuntu-motu03:26
wiphighvoltage: thx!03:26
highvoltagewip: you're welcome03:26
=== robbiew1 is now known as robbiew
abhinav-barry, I pushed the changes for the tomcat6 bug , I requested another review :)04:30
=== _LibertyZero is now known as LibertyZero
=== sabdfl1 is now known as sabdfl
=== _LibertyZero is now known as LibertyZero
abhinav-could someone please give me the link for getting the latest build of natty ?07:07
abhinav-I think I found it :)07:09
c2tarunneed help with last comment of bug 730121 can anyone please tell do I have to make change in Makefile.in as well because changing only Makefile.am is not working.07:17
ubottuLaunchpad bug 730121 in btnx (Ubuntu) "pacakge btnx_0.4.11-3ubuntu1 failed to build from source" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73012107:17
geserc2tarun: Makefile.in is generated from Makefile.am ; so you either regenerated it or what I do for simple changes is to patch both files (Makefile.am and Makefile.in) so the change doesn't get lost if someone later regenerates it07:34
didrocksgood morning07:37
gesergood morning07:38
pittiGood morning07:44
dholbachgood morning08:05
c2tarungeser: ping08:18
pittikees: publishing https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/linux-ec2/2.6.32-314.27 to lucid-{updates,security}08:35
didrocksev: hey, when you have some time, can we discuss about bug #730588 (see the discussion on it)?08:45
ubottuLaunchpad bug 730588 in unity (Ubuntu) "Fallback from 3D should offer Unity 2D download as an option" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73058808:45
cjwatsonapachelogger: libpipeline tracks it internally, but there's no method to get pids externally right now.  could you file a bug with an explanation of what you're doing and what you need?08:59
cjwatsonkees: while the automatic upload may stomp on the same tree as development work, it moves any pending changes aside so that they can be restored easily09:00
cjwatsonbryceh_: urgh, I had some review comments on Surbhi's mountall branch :-/09:04
cjwatson(problem with patch piloting: you have to be quick to grab something you actually want to substantively review ...)09:04
speakmanhi dev folks! This is the second computer having problem with gnome-session-daemon hanging (or dysfunction) on login. If you could tell me who to speak to, I can help tracing this bug as it hits every single time I log in.09:05
=== smb` is now known as smb
lagDoh! I just competed a dist-upgrade, how my desktop is FBARed09:06
speakmanI've even got a 'bt full' available, but according to that it isn't supposed to be locked up. But it still doesn't die on SIGTERM for example.09:06
bryceh_cjwatson, urp sorry09:06
lagcjwatson: Hi Colin09:06
bryceh_cjwatson, fwiw I did leave the two dmraid ones for you ;-)09:07
cjwatsonbryceh_: thanks, that's good09:07
cjwatsonlag: hi09:07
lagcjwatson: Have you seen any bugs which allude to problems booting post-dist-upgrade?09:07
lagcjwatson: The last think I see on my screen is: "*Starting TiMidity++ ALSA midi emulation..."09:08
cjwatsonlag: I fixed such a bug the other day09:08
cjwatsonbug 72348209:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 723482 in alsa-utils (Ubuntu) "system hangs on boot after updates from 2011-02-22" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72348209:08
cjwatsonbut that fix was last Wednesday09:08
* speakman having serious problems booting his RAID0 too. Two out of three times, it asks me to run the RAID0 degraded (how that's possible..). Even though dmesg tells me Linux has found both disks and both partitions.09:08
* cjwatson is not prepared to debug everyone's boot problems all at once :-)09:09
lagcjwatson: :)09:09
* speakman is a developer himself, but won't invent the wheel if there's already some known issues.09:10
cjwatsonspeakman: whatever your problem is is (a) entirely unrelated to what I was talking about (b) nothing I know about myself09:10
speakmancjwatson: I see. Just joined so wasn't really aware of that's discussed.09:11
speakmanBut is there a ubuntu gnome developer channel on freenode? My primary goal is to fix the gnome-session-daemon issue.09:12
speakmanGreat, thanks!09:12
tdnI am trying to report a bug in the amd64 version of the linux kernel. What package do I report it on?09:46
pittitdn: ubuntu-bug linux09:48
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|afk
tdnpitti, ok.09:49
=== udevbot_ is now known as udevbot
=== hunger_ is now known as hunger
=== diwic is now known as diwic_afk
tkamppeterdoko, hi10:51
=== vila is now known as vila-afk-lunch
=== ogra_ is now known as ogra
=== MacSlow|afk is now known as MacSlow
cjwatsonapachelogger: I have a plausible-looking implementation of pipeline_get_pid now - if you file that bug, I can check whether it will meet your requirements11:16
=== diwic_afk is now known as diwic
SpamapScjwatson: btw, I have not forgotten your rpcbind diffs. Should be able to look at them soon.11:42
aracjwatson, did you find useful the list of system and splash screen videos?11:42
speakmancjwatson: Do you know a certain channel for solving my raid0 issue described earlier?12:00
GunnarHjdpm: Hi David, Thought I'd review and update the docs with respect to languages and locales including language-selector, but the only page I found was https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Locale. Are you aware of anything else?12:01
=== vila-afk-lunch is now known as vila
dpmhi GunnarHj, what are you trying exactly to document?12:05
GunnarHjdpm: Well, at first hand I'm thinking of a short manual for l-s (to the extent it's not obvious by the UI). Another thing is to explain how to make a more fine grained locales configuration, e.g. separate locales for date formats and numbers. Third I'm thinking of explaining where and how things are stored now, bearing those in mind who help with answering questions.12:12
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
dpmGunnarHj, ok. Two things come to mind: either document it first on the wiki, or create a help document for language-selector. For the first one you can start straight away; for the second you might want to contact the docs team about how they work, the tools they use, etc.12:14
GunnarHjdpm: That sounds reasonable. I take that neither you know of any other existing docs.12:16
GunnarHjdpm: On another topic, since a few translatable text strings in language-selector were changed recently, shouldn't https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source/language-selector/+imports show those strings? Is the time lag that long, or does it indicate that I missed something when updating language-selector?12:16
dpmGunnarHj, on the first question: no, I don't know of any other documentation. There are some links here you could use as a reference -> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/Internationalisation/Coding#Additional%20documentation, but they serve a bit of a different purpose12:18
cjwatsonSpamapS: don't worry too urgently about it - libtirpc/nfs-utils needs work in order to let us configure nfs-utils with TI-RPC support without breaking interoperability with portmap12:18
cjwatsonara: I will find them useful, but have not started working through them yet12:18
cjwatsonspeakman: no, sorry12:18
cjwatsonspeakman: maybe #ubuntu-server I suppose12:18
GunnarHjdpm: Yeah, that page rather shows what you need to do to turn a package to a package which is parsed for strings to be translated. Since l-s already is that kind of package, I thought it would work 'magically' already without doing anything special. Maybe I was wrong...12:22
dpmGunnarHj, as for the 2nd question, that url ^ shows the status of the templates (or translations) imported. If it's empty, it means that either the templates or the translations have just been imported or that they haven't reached the queue yet. When was the package uploaded with the changes, and are they not in https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source/language-selector/+pots/language-selector/sv/+translate ? (you can use the search box i12:23
dpmn there)12:23
GunnarHjdpm: No, they are not there (checked it already). And according to https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source/language-selector the last edit was made 2010-09-24.12:28
dpmGunnarHj, could you point me to the package version which introduced them, and give me one of the strings that were modified in the source? (btw https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source/language-selector lists the last edit done by translators, it has nothing to do with the date the template was uploaded)12:30
dpm<dpm> GunnarHj, could you point me to the package version which introduced them, and give me one of the strings that were modified in the source? (btw https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source/language-selector lists the last edit done by translators, it has nothing to do with the date the template was uploaded)12:43
YokoZarWhat's the proper way for a package to demand the uninstall of a package before it starts installing?  I have a weird situation where if I uninstall foo and then install bar, it works fine, but if I install bar (which is a later version of foo!) it breaks12:48
YokoZarShould I make the package conflict with earlier versions of itself?  Somehow that sounds absurd12:48
GunnarHjdpm: These were two altered strings in language-selector (0.12), released on January 28:12:51
GunnarHjLanguage &amp; Format12:51
GunnarHj&lt;small&gt;Use the same language choices for startup and the login screen.\nChanges take effect only after a restart of the system.&lt;/small&gt;12:51
dpmGunnarHj, btw, why did you use &amp; and &lt;?12:53
GunnarHjdpm: I didn't introduce them. Think they are needed for GTK to do the right thing.12:54
GunnarHjdpm: or maybe because it's XML...12:55
dpmnot sure why & and <> cannot be used, though12:56
dpmanyway, let me have a look at the strings12:56
GunnarHjdpm: Not sure about & and <> - didn't test.12:59
apacheloggercjwatson: https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?32710 within the same context, would it be possible to get a function to write something on the pipeline (i.e. vpnc gets informatin from stdin unless one defines a config file)13:00
dpmGunnarHj, the latest template seems to have &:13:01
dpm#: ../data/LanguageSelector.ui.h:2613:01
dpmmsgid "Language & Format"13:01
dpmmsgstr ""13:01
dpmpitti, I've just built language-selector locally and it didn't create a translations tarball (I've got pkgbinarymangler installed and striptranslations enabled). This might be why GunnarHj didn't see the template in LP being updated. Any hints on what could be happening?13:03
dpmGunnarHj, btw, if you want to test this yourself, you can try this: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/Internationalisation/RecipeVerifyingTranslationUploads13:04
GunnarHjdpm: In that case the changes resulted in new templates, at least...13:04
GunnarHjdpm: Thanks for the tip on how to verify translation uploads.13:07
dpmno worries :)13:11
pittiGunnarHj, dpm: language-selector sets NO_PKG_MANGLE=1 in debian/rules13:12
pittiGunnarHj, dpm: presumably we want language-selector .deb to include all translations, so that at least this program is translated into your language when you need to install missing langpacks13:13
dpmpitti, ah, ok. So template changes are better uploaded manually, I guess.13:14
pittidpm: no, hang on13:14
pittidpm: see https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-selector/0.6.6 changelog13:15
=== dmart_ is now known as dmart
pittidpm: that's bug 65454813:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 654548 in Ubuntu Translations "Language selector translation is missing from the final Maverick language packs" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/65454813:15
pittidpm: I think we can just drop the NO_PKG_MANGLE13:16
dpmpitti, ok13:16
pittiverified that it's in the blacklist13:16
pittidpm: I'll upload a new package now13:16
dpmcool, thanks pitti13:17
=== dmart_ is now known as dmart
pittidpm: sorry for forgetting about it13:17
dpmno worries!13:17
GunnarHjpitti, dpm: Thanks for helping with this. Suppose it means that fresh templates with the latest changed strings will soon appear at Launchpad.13:23
pittithey should; just uploaded 0.2413:23
brendandi have a HP Elitebook 6930p13:25
brendandwith a Radeon HD 3400 Series graphics card13:26
brendandit is a complete disaster with natty13:26
brendandthere are so many problems i can't even isolate one to raise a bug13:26
dpmpitti, ah, and another thing. While you are looking at the FF xpis to appear in the language packs, do you think you could look at that issue I was mentioning re: the FF translations having disappeared from the maverick+lucid langpack PPAs?. I just want to make sure it's in your radar, as I didn't report it as a bug or anything.13:26
brendandi'm currently using classic desktop (no effects)13:27
brendandwhich is just about stable13:27
pittidpm: would you mind reporting it as a bug against langpack-o-matic? I'm working on something else ATM, and still need to wait for the new firefox XPIs to get relaseed anyway13:27
brendanddoes anyone else have any experience with this card?13:28
cjwatsonapachelogger: if you use pipeline_want_in (p, -1), then you can call pipeline_get_infile (p) after the pipeline is started and write to that.  Is that what you need?13:32
brendandit's not really support. i'm wondering have ATI cards ever been tested13:33
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
dpmpitti, sure, bug 73129813:38
ubottuLaunchpad bug 731298 in langpack-o-matic "Untranslated Firefox in the Maverick and Lucid language pack PPAs" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73129813:38
jhuntcjwatson: thx for merging https://code.launchpad.net/~jamesodhunt/ubuntu/natty/vim/add-upstart-syntax, however we've got a FTBFS: "internal compiler error" (i386).13:46
Davieyjhunt, Is this part of a master plan to wean people off i686?13:52
apacheloggercjwatson: sounds like it, I will give it a try later, thank you :)13:56
cjwatsonjhunt: hmm, that would be a doko question13:56
smosercjwatson, i'd like your opinion on https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/73130713:57
ubottuUbuntu bug 731307 in grub2 (Ubuntu) "change to /etc/default/grub causes prompt on grub-pc upgrade" [Undecided,New]13:57
cjwatsonsmoser: sorry, later, am still patch piloting14:00
cjwatsondrat, forgot to add myself to the topic, oh well too late14:01
SpamapSslangasek: ping, when you are around, could you confirm bug #726348 and review the fix .. I filed it based on your comments and I'd prefer not to confirm my own bug report. :)14:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 726348 in squid (Ubuntu) "squid's maintainer scripts call start/stop directly instead of using invoke-rc.d" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72634814:07
jhuntdoko_: FYI, I've raised bug 731327 on the gcc internal compiler error issue just mentioned.14:07
ubottuLaunchpad bug 731327 in gcc-4.5 (Ubuntu) "vim FTBFS with natty gcc on i386" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73132714:07
cjwatsonSpamapS: FYI, holding off on your upstart branch because jhunt has a big merge in progress14:09
doko_jhunt: known, preparing a fix14:09
jhuntdoko_: thanks!14:10
SpamapScjwatson: ah the 1.0 commeth? ;)14:15
cjwatsonSpamapS: 0.9.114:15
tjaaltonis there a way to keep packages in main other than keeping deps on them?14:19
cjwatsontjaalton: seed them14:20
=== diwic is now known as diwic_afk
tjaaltoncjwatson: ok. just wondering about dropping some xorg drivers to recommends like they are in debian, and whether it's worth it or not14:21
tjaaltonprobably not at this point of release14:21
cjwatsontjaalton: Recommends keeps things in main too14:25
cjwatsonsmoser: commented14:28
tjaaltoncjwatson: ah ok, well I'll postpone it anyway and we'll revisit it for OO14:28
smosercjwatson, the issue is that a major use-case is for apt-get upgrade to be run un-attended on boot of the image (or at least at some point)14:29
smoserso a prompt will completely block that14:29
cjwatsonsmoser: I know, but I don't know how to fix your problem ...14:31
cjwatson(without making the already horrible configuration file handling even worse)14:32
cjwatsonsmoser: I suppose you could try to figure out why GRUB_TERMINAL=console is needed14:33
smoserbut what about GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET ? and isn't this problem larger than me? doesnt it affect anyone who changes that file ?14:37
cjwatsonsmoser: I commented in the bug about that part14:39
cjwatsonsmoser: by design, if you change a configuration file and it is also changed in the package, you get prompted14:40
cjwatsonsmoser: I'm not concerned about a larger problem heree14:40
=== Chex_ is now known as Chex
psusicjwatson: what's a DEP-3 patch header?14:49
Ampelbeinpsusi: http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/14:50
psusinevermind, just found the answer ;)14:51
cjwatsonpsusi: I even gave you that link in the review :-/14:52
cjwatson(maybe only in one of them ...)14:52
cjwatsonI wrote the dmraid review first, maybe read that first14:52
psusicjwatson: also, about the mutual Breaks: I was thinking... the change is actually only incompatible with the previous natty release where we added the 'p' all the time.  Since the 'p' is now only added if the previous character was a digit, then it is compatable with oder versions14:53
psusicjwatson: so should I only breaks that one version, or not bother since it was only during development cycle?14:54
cjwatsonpsusi: personally I'd just add the Breaks anyway if it was me14:57
cjwatsonin this case it's not going to hurt to be overly strict, and it saves having to think about more interoperability cases14:57
psusihrm.. I wonder then, if I should also add a Breaks: for old versions of gparted to parted?15:00
doko_bdrung: lintian: Missing build dependencies: perl (>= 5.12)15:01
bdrungdoko_: i am asking myself why i didn't stumbled over it15:03
bdrungdoko_: what can i do to solve it?15:03
doko_please don't sync perl15:04
cjwatsonpsusi: I don't know15:05
YokoZarWould merging in experimental gnome-games from Debian be appropriate?15:08
YokoZarIt was released in October15:08
pittiYokoZar: you should coordinate with robert_ancell aobut that15:08
YokoZarpitti: gnome-games maintainer?  Debian dev?15:09
pittiYokoZar: gnome-games upstream and Ubuntu maintainer15:09
YokoZarpitti: Ahh ok.  Long story short I was updating the branding package and I noticed that the background for solitaire disappeared entirely in Maverick (and is still gone in Natty)15:10
cjwatsonbdrung,doko_: the build-dependency is perl (>= 5.12) | libtest-simple-perl (>= 0.93), and libtest-simple-perl 0.96-1 is in natty15:12
cjwatsondoko_: get a better build-dependency resolver? :)15:12
doko_cjwatson: tell it launchpad ;p15:16
cjwatsondoko_: I'm surprised that's a problem in Launchpad; I distinctly remember working with lamont way back in 2004 or so to teach sbuild to fall back to second and subsequent alternatives in build-dependencies15:17
doko_cjwatson: https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lintian/2.5.0~rc1ubuntu1/+buildjob/228354015:18
cjwatsonyes, I see it15:18
doko_ahh, ok15:18
cjwatsonperhaps it can't cope with that when the first alternative is merely insufficient-version rather than missing15:18
cjwatsonwell, simple fix, just drop the first half of that alternative for the time being15:19
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== Claudinux_ is now known as Claudinux
micahgcjwatson: I have a bug open for that dependency issue15:29
micahgbug 59491615:31
ubottuLaunchpad bug 594916 in Launchpad Auto Build System "buildd doesn't correctly check versioned ORed build-dependencies" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/59491615:31
=== dendrobates is now known as dendro-afk
=== dendro-afk is now known as dendrobates
ari-tczewdoko_: did you fresh rebuild already?15:47
ari-tczewwith reverted binutils-gold15:47
doko_ari-tczew: I don't know what you are talking about15:48
ari-tczewdoko_: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2011-March/032634.html15:49
doko_ari-tczew: this is nothing to do with binutils-gold. and no, no rebuild started15:50
ari-tczewdoko_: what's the difference between linking in binutils-gold and --no-add-needed?15:52
ari-tczewjanimo: could you forward your patch for axis2c to Debian in order to keep in sync with Debian?15:54
doko_gold is a different linker, which happens to default to --no-add-needed15:58
psusicjwatson: if other quilt patches apply but with some offset, should I refresh them, or leave them be?15:58
ari-tczewdoko_: if I'm fixing ftbfs with 'undefined reference to...' how should do I describe it? ftbfs with binutils-gold or rather --no-add-needed?15:59
doko_it depends on the error message. it can be caused by --as-needed too16:00
cjwatsonpsusi: I would refresh them16:00
barrydoko_: bug 719206 can be fixed by uploading my scons 2.0.1-1 merge and doing a no-change rebuild upload for csound.  merge proposal: https://code.launchpad.net/~barry/ubuntu/natty/scons/scons-2.0.1/+merge/5257116:01
ubottuLaunchpad bug 719206 in csound (Ubuntu Natty) "import (and examples) fail" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/71920616:01
doko_see http://wiki.debian.org/ToolChain/DSOLinking16:01
ari-tczewdoko_: should do we still fix these ftbfs if you've reverted it?16:01
barrydoko_: i can put some source packages on chinstrap if you prefer16:02
barrydoko_: would you do the uploads for me?16:02
doko_yes, and I didn't revert the ld --no-add-needed default16:02
doko_barry: on chinstrap?16:02
barrydoko_: i haven't yet, but i can16:02
barrydoko_: % scp scons_2.0.1-1* chinstrap:16:03
barryscons_2.0.1-1.debian.tar.gz                   100% 6897     6.7KB/s   00:0016:03
barryscons_2.0.1-1.dsc                             100% 1832     1.8KB/s   00:0016:03
barryscons_2.0.1-1_source.changes                  100% 2216     2.2KB/s   00:0016:03
barryscons_2.0.1-1_source.ppa.upload               100%  307     0.3KB/s   00:0016:03
janimoari-tczew, upstream axis2c seems to have fixed the bug in their trunk16:04
micahgbarry: why isn't scons a ync?16:04
barrymicahg: yeah16:04
janimoari-tczew, feel free to ping debian though - are they not following merge-o-matic or some similar output?16:04
micahgbarry: so, you should just use requestsync for it and it'll be brought into natty later this week16:05
ari-tczewjanimo: it's rare case when maintainer takes a look on Ubuntu delta. btw. merge-o-matic is broken.16:05
micahgbarry: you probably need an FFe as well16:05
barrymicahg: i won't be around to verify it later this week though since i'm at pycon for 10 days starting tomorrow16:05
barryan FFe for a micro release update?16:06
janimoari-tczew, that is sad. As it would help a lot in avoiding manual work to subscrobe to the LP packages they maintain in Debian.16:06
micahgbarry: yes, unless it has an exception since it's in main16:06
ari-tczewjanimo: I don't understand what do you mean, sorry.16:07
barrymicahg: i'll get the ball rolling but someone else is going to have to follow through with both scons and csound bugs.  i'll assign them to doko_ after i do what i can16:07
doko_barry: so I can sync it?16:07
janimoari-tczew, if a debian maintainer subscribed to the LP notifications concerning their packages they could fish out interesting thigs themseleves16:08
janimoand not requiring ubuntu devs to explicitly forward everything16:08
janimomakes sense especially for a lot of universe stuff which we do not usually patch16:08
ari-tczewjanimo: feel free to suggest him it :)16:08
barrydoko_: sync'ing scons to debian testing version, then no-change rebuild of csound after that lands will fix the csound bug16:08
cjwatsonari-tczew: merge-o-matic will be fixed soon, I have it nearly fixed now16:09
ari-tczewcjwatson: ok nice :) would be nice if you could inform it via lists - I've opened a thread for this case.16:09
cjwatsonyeah, I'll mention it on -devel16:09
cjwatson(the MoM downtime was a combination of a dpkg bug-fix that needed to be backported, and then casey running out of disk space again - both fixed now)16:14
YokoZarmvo: what does X-AppInstall-Popcon=#### do in a .desktop file in app-install-data?16:16
YokoZar(these days)16:16
YokoZarIf it is what I think it is, is that data being autoregenerated still?16:16
ivoksi have serious issue to report; latest dist-upgrade is telling me that it will remove 'vim'; that's a critical bug :)16:18
cjwatsonknown build failure16:19
cjwatsonprobably resulted in bits of vim being out of sync across architectures16:19
cjwatson14:09 <doko_> jhunt: known, preparing a fix16:19
ivoksbut it was very funny :)16:19
cjwatsonbug 73132716:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 731327 in gcc-4.5 (Ubuntu) "vim FTBFS with natty gcc on i386 (dup-of: 730860)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73132716:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 730860 in Linaro GCC "[regression] ICE in dwarf2out_frame_debug_adjust_cfa, at dwarf2out.c:1861" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73086016:20
cjwatson(bug status alone isn't very clear - from the bug history, I believe that's now worked around for natty)16:21
=== zyga is now known as zyga-afk
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
lamontcjwatson: I'm pretty sure that the sbuild hackery didn't take versioned build-deps into account... since perl exists, it gets picked, even though it's verison is insufficient16:33
lamontat least iirc16:34
terlmannLet's say you had a package that didn't have a newer version available because of  developer circumstances. It is needed by the user because of their usage circumstances. It relies on core libraries that the user wanted to upgrade to newer versions, like gtklib from 2 to 2.9/3.16:39
terlmannCould you add logic to your apt chain of tools to automatically detect such "dead-end" packages and sandbox them with the specific dependencies that would differ from the new packageset in a /opt chroot, until such time as they can be upgraded?16:40
NCommanderdoko_: directhex: ping, do we have a VCS for mono's packaging on ARM? I found the Debian git repo, but I can't find something for Ubuntu16:43
doko_NCommander: I don't have one16:43
directhexNCommander, nothing ubuntu specific16:44
NCommanderdoko_: so you just uploaded the package directly? (I have patches to mono to help fix it with SMP+Thumb2)16:44
directhexNCommander, generally, ubuntu things can go into git branches, although you won't have write access to that repo16:44
pittidpm: ah, the new natty langpack build just finished16:44
NCommanderdirecthex: I don't even see an ubuntu branch for that git repo16:45
Laneycould the patch not go into Debian?16:45
pittichrisccoulson: ^ FYI; so I'm ready to build new packs whenever we have a decision what to do with the xpis16:45
Laney. o O ( or upstream )16:45
NCommanderLaney: mono on Debian moving to 2.10 which has this properly fixed in git16:45
directhexNCommander, we don't have any ubuntu specific things that we're tracking in debian right now.16:46
Laneyoh, they're upstream already — great16:46
dpmpitti, ah, what does it look like? Does it come with FF translation goodness? :-)16:46
NCommanderthe backport to 2.6 is complicated since it only should be applied to ARMv716:46
NCommander2.10 has a nice mechanism to handle that16:46
NCommander2.6, not so much16:46
pittidpm: no, I didn't enable po2xpi16:46
pittiit's still broken (and it wasn't used before either)16:46
NCommanderLaney: the SMP partch should be acceptable for Debian but I don't ahve any hardware to properly test it16:46
LaneyI'd use the UDD branches, or you can push mono.git to github16:46
Laneyand create a branch there16:46
NCommanderdirecthex: we have a ubuntu1 version on Ubuntu16:47
chrisccoulsonpitti - we should use the new rc1 xpi's from ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/4.0rc1-candidates/build1/linux-i686/xpi/16:47
chrisccoulson(i shall be uploading RC1 later this week)16:47
pittichrisccoulson: I thought they'd have a too tight version?16:47
pittichrisccoulson: ah, you mean they'll actually work until the final, and we only need to update them then16:47
chrisccoulsonpitti - yeah they do. for now, we'll either need to mangle the maxVersion in them, or we could ship them as they are and update them later16:47
LaneyNCommander: from the mono group POV it was syncable. A Ubuntu developer then uploaded it and made this not so any more. Thus there is no Ubuntu branch from our side.16:48
directhexNCommander, perhaps, but we didn't put it there16:48
chrisccoulsoneither way will work fine for now16:48
pittichrisccoulson: ack; so, I'll update my po2xpi branch with them now, can you merge afterwards?16:48
chrisccoulsonpitti - sure, no problem16:48
directhexNCommander, to an extent, it doesn't matter - we're working on 2.10 in debian, so 2.6-specifics are a bit meh16:48
NCommanderdirecthex: so the basic answer is, just upload with the backports from upstream16:49
psusiwhat's the difference between Conflicts: and Breaks:?16:49
Laneyand if you want, make a branch and get us to pull it16:49
directhexNCommander, if the changes are upstream in 2.10, then yeah16:50
NCommanderLaney: if your on 2.10.1, you should get it for free16:50
NCommanderThat makes my life MUCH simplier16:50
directhexLaney, won't there be automatic bze branches we can cherry pick from?16:50
pittiseb128: calendar> sometimes I do (evo sometimes seems to just forget about them), but right now they all work16:51
seb128pitti, the indicator is still empty?16:51
LaneyNCommander: Yeah, just to track the Ubuntu stuff on alioth. We do it for other packages, but whatever it's not so important here16:51
pittiseb128: yes, clicking on it opens an 1-pixel empty menu16:51
seb128pitti, usually it means it's crashing, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-datetime/+bug/724856 most likely16:51
ubottuError: Bug 724856 is private16:51
Laneypsusi: http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#s-breaks16:51
pittiseb128: checking16:51
seb128pitti, try turning off you gcalendar in evo16:51
seb128just to see16:51
LaneyBreaks means the broken package must be deconfigured, Conflicts means it must not be on the system at all16:51
pittiseb128: yes, no indicator-time-something16:52
seb128pitti, is indicator-datetime installed?16:52
pittiseb128: confirmed; running /usr/lib/indicator-datetime/indicator-datetime-service crashes immediately16:52
pittiseb128: thansk!16:52
seb128pitti, is that the same crash?16:52
dpmpitti, so what is this new langpack build going to be? A -base refresh without the xpis?16:53
pittidpm: no, -base with xpis16:53
pittidpm: but the upstream ones (as we used to do in all releases so far)16:53
pittiseb128: need some debug symbols, hang on16:53
* psusi goes with Conflicts16:53
Laneybreaks is usually sufficient16:54
dpmpitti, yeah, that was my question earlier, I should have rephrased it a bit clearer. So regardless of whether they are upstream ones or LP ones, we will have a localized Firefox after this langpack update I understand?16:54
pittidpm: correct16:55
chrisccoulsondpm - we will do once we get ff4.0rc1 in the archive16:55
psusiI don't see what difference it really makes whether the package is just unconfigured or not... if the library is installed, then it's installed16:55
pittiseb128: ah no, your's is an FPE, mine is a SEGV16:55
chrisccoulson(the new xpi's won't work with b12, but there's no point in uploading b12 xpi's now)16:55
dpmchrisccoulson, ah, ok, understood16:55
pittiseb128: in update_appointment_menu_items(); looking for an existing bug, or filing one16:55
doko_janimo: do you want to join robbiew's server team, now starting to fix server bugs? ;P16:56
chrisccoulsonpitti - i think i might get the same crash as you then ;)16:56
chrisccoulson(although, i didn't debug it yet)16:56
chrisccoulsonbut i get a SEGV on start16:56
seb128pitti, likely bug #72944416:56
ubottuLaunchpad bug 729444 in Indicator Date and Time "indicator-datetime-service crashed with SIGSEGV in update_appointment_menu_items()" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72944416:56
seb128bug #72917516:56
ubottuLaunchpad bug 729175 in indicator-datetime (Ubuntu Natty) "valgrind invalid read" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72917516:56
seb128^ that's a valgrind log I did some days ago which is likely the same issue16:56
pittiseb128: correct16:56
janimodoko_, nah, it just happens I get bugged by some packages :)16:56
dpmpitti, ah, cool, thanks. We did use po2xpi for some languages, though. For example until ast was accepted upstream it was built with po2xpi.16:57
seb128chrisccoulson, if you want to have a go to it please do16:57
NCommanderdirecthex: For the sake of mantience, I'll put these on the UDD branch for mono.16:57
seb128chrisccoulson, klattimer is off tonight until the end of the week16:57
janimosince it was on server list it appeared more than once in the ftbfs report, so I think that is why I went for axis216:57
NCommanderas I don't feel like adding a patch system to the mono package16:57
chrisccoulsonseb128 - ok, will take a look once i've figured out the other menu issues16:57
seb128chrisccoulson, thanks16:57
pittidpm: right; we only have fi and oc on the whitelist, though16:57
janimoNCommander, narrowed down the mono issue? Something besides memory barriers?16:58
dpmpitti, ack. yeah, just pointing out that po2xpi was not entirely useless :)16:58
pittidpm: no, to the contrary; but it is broken right now, so I'm afraid we can't use it just now16:59
NCommanderjanimo: more I just got around to finally getting everything to the point I'm ready to cook a test package16:59
janimoNCommander, based on 2.6 ?16:59
dpmpitti, yeah, sure, I understand. I just wanted to point that out16:59
dpmpitti, another question: I've been asked this on gnome #i18n. Could you tell me if it's correct? -> http://paste.ubuntu.com/577519/17:00
NCommanderjanimo: yeah17:00
pittidpm: that's correct, it's rather easy to include them17:02
dpmpitti, I guess the easiest thing is to file a bug requesting a package update? Or what would be your recommendation?17:03
rollo hi pitti17:03
pittidpm: yes, with a pointer to the upstream bugs17:04
dpmpitti, ok, thanks a lot, I'll go ahead and do that, then17:04
pittidpm: I'd appreciate if you (or the submitter) could subscribe me, for faster processing17:04
OraLindaHi all17:04
pittihey rollo17:04
dpmpitti, ok, will do17:04
OraLindaHow are you guys doing ?17:04
OraLindaTell me, where can I get the source for the gorgeous libvisual plugin infinite I can see running in Totem visualization?17:05
NCommanderOraLinda: apt-get source totem-plugins17:05
NCommanderOraLinda: run that on command line. That should put you on the right track, although I'm not sure if that plugin is in totem-plugins or another package17:06
OraLindaThanks. Let me have check.17:07
cndstgraber, cody-somerville, bdrung: I just tried to upload utouch-geis, but was rejected17:11
cnddoes some bit need to be twiddled somewhere?17:12
pitticnd: upload ACLs need to be set in Launchpad, yes; was that recently approved by DMB?17:12
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
cndpitti, yes at the last dmb meeting17:13
cnda utouch package set was created17:13
* pitti checks17:13
pittinope, no ACL set for utouch-geis17:13
cndpitti, this was the package set approved: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Multitouch/uTouchPackageSetApplication17:14
=== deryck is now known as deryck[lunch]
pitticnd: there is no "utouch" package set right now; could it be spelled differently?17:15
pittior perhaps it wasn't created yet17:15
=== charlieS_ is now known as charlieS
pitticnd: is your LP ID "cnd"?17:15
pittiit's not17:15
cndpitti, chasedouglas17:15
pitticnd: you currently can uplaod linux-firmware, linux-firmware-nonfree, and trace-cmd17:16
cndpitti, that's correct17:16
pitticjwatson: can/should I run "./edit_acl.py -P utouch -S natty add"? or does it require special magic on your side?17:17
cjwatsoncreate rather than add, I think17:18
cjwatsonand then add packages to it17:18
pitticjwatson: so it's (1) create package set, (2) add packages and people with "add"?17:18
cjwatsonthe owner should, I assume, be developer-membership-board17:19
tkamppeterpitti, I have a question. There is bug 73142017:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 731420 in hplip (Ubuntu) "printer hp deskjet 2050 j510 impossible to install also when turning on must go to recovery mode and use startx because it reports low mode" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73142017:19
tkamppeterpitti, have you any idea what this "low mode" is?17:19
pittitkamppeter: I assume it's the 640x480 VESA mode that X.org falls back to if the real driver (such as nvidia) doesn't work17:20
tkamppeterpitti, for me it looks more like a problem of X and not of the printer.17:23
=== doko_ is now known as doko
pitticnd: ok, I created the package set with the minimal contents (you as member, and utouch-geis); try uploading again?17:24
cndpitti, will do, thanks!17:24
cndpitti, it was accepted this time :)17:25
pitticjwatson: does http://paste.ubuntu.com/577541/ look reasonable to you?17:25
cjwatsonpitti: yep17:29
dokobdrung: now a real lintian build result ... ftbfs ;-P17:41
keespitti: lucid linux-ec2 2.6.32-314.27> noted, thanks17:42
mvoYokoZar: its still auto-generated at package build time17:46
abhinav-barry, I have pushed the changes on the tomcat6 branch. and hope you have a great time at Pycon :-)17:47
mvoYokoZar: but its (much) less interessting nowdays17:47
YokoZarmvo: even for the static entries?17:47
YokoZareg in menu-data-additional17:47
mvoYokoZar: it should be auto-generated for that too17:47
mvounless there is a bug of course?17:47
YokoZarnah, I was just wondering since I'm changing package names in those files and using the wrong data, but if it gets replaced as soon as it builds who cares17:48
=== seiflotfy_ is now known as seiflotfy
cjwatsonbarry: sigh, now this wubi bug has got to the point where I'm emulating x86 code by hand :-/17:54
RoAkSoAx\/win 217:55
bdrungtumbleweed: let's wait until u-d-t migrated to testing and then upload 0.12017:56
loolpitti: Oy; gdb builds started failing with unrelated changes, it seems to be in the documentation de-duper logic; e.g. http://launchpadlibrarian.net/65878156/buildlog_ubuntu-natty-amd64.gdb_7.2-1ubuntu9_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz17:59
loolpitti: I copied the previous version of the source which built fine in natty some time ago into my PPA, and it failed to build too18:00
loolThis is with cdbs 0.4.90ubuntu618:00
loolpitti: is this something you saw on other packages?18:00
loolOk, I think it's gdb's symlink in parallel builds which confuses cdbs18:06
pittilool: (sorry, busy; will have a look tomorrow, have a tab open for it now)18:10
pittilool: I haven't seen it on other packages so far18:10
loolpitti: gdb is creating some gdb-foo -> gdb symlinks below usr/share/doc before gdb dir exists (built in parallel too)18:10
loolpitti: I'm going to test a change in cdbs to skip creation of symlinks below usr/share/doc/$(cdbs_curpkg) if that's a symlink18:11
pittilool: ah; dir symlinks are really evil, packages shouldn't do that (due to dpkg's special handling of symlinks)18:11
pittilool: but that's something that should be testable18:11
pittilool: indeed, if any dir along the path is a symlink, it should skip its own thing18:11
pittilool: merci18:11
=== deryck[lunch] is now known as deryck
terlmannHey people.18:18
highvoltagehey terlmann18:18
terlmannYou know google's new l33t compression tool that they're using to diff assembly for binaries?18:18
terlmannWhat if we precompiled all our mono binaries from bytecode to each of the possible ~40 architectures and just kept one basic binary+diffs, to save memory space ?18:19
terlmannThen they wouldn't need to be built jit.18:19
till_i'm building a package and it relies on one of my other packages. how do i tell launchpad that this is a valid build dependency?19:39
SpamapSslangasek: thanks for the triage ;)19:40
SpamapStill_: you upload the other package into the PPA19:41
till_SpamapS: i did that, of course. but when i upload the other package, it still complains that it doesn't know about the other package19:41
SpamapStill_: package A build-depends on package B, yes?19:42
till_i'm doublechecking the ppa :x19:42
SpamapStill_: Then B must precede A into the PPA.19:42
till_ok, good to know19:42
SpamapStill_: if B also build-depends on A, then you have to play a trick and upload one before the other w/o the build-depend in the control file, and which embeds whatever it needs.19:43
till_yeah, makes sense19:43
till_if it works if both are in the same ppa, let me doublecheck that the one the other depends on was build first.19:44
slangasekSpamapS: n/p :)19:52
=== ajmitch_ is now known as ajmitch
=== ogra is now known as Guest59853
broderjhunt: you wanted that merge proposal to be against lp:ubuntu/gdm, not lp:gdm20:28
davidmOK coffee time20:29
tumbleweedbdrung: sounds good to me20:31
jhuntbroder: thx - can you be manifest? I cannot push it to lp:~jamesodhunt/ubuntu/gdm/blah ("No such distribution series")20:35
broderlp:~jamesodhunt/ubuntu/gdm/natty/blah :)20:36
jhuntbroder: so there is no way to push to the "upstream ubuntu" branch"? (presumably because that points to the latest release (natty)?)20:37
jhuntbroder: this is confusing because the branch I branched from was: lp:~ubuntu-desktop/gdm/ubuntu.20:38
broderjhunt: lp:ubuntu/foo is an alias for lp:~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/natty/gdm/natty (where the last natty is an "arbitrary" identifier a la blah)20:38
jhuntnot very symmetrical, or am I missing something?20:38
broderin user branches (i.e. with a ~), the second component is the project. if the project is ubuntu, the third component must be a distribution series. the last component is an arbitrary tag you give the branch20:39
broderso lp:~ubuntu-desktop/gdm/ubuntu is a branch off of the gdm project, and ubuntu is their arbitrary tag20:39
broderjhunt: on the actual patch itself, is this going to cause any of the pain around mixing and and or in a start on block? and do we ever have to worry about switching from runlevel S but not having dbus/filesystem/etc?20:41
jhuntbroder: take 15: This works (not it is not the same as your example above): bzr push lp:~jamesodhunt/ubuntu/natty/gdm/ubuntu-desktop-single-user-mode-fix20:42
broderjhunt: where the branch goes is less important than proposing a merge into the same branch you started from20:43
jhuntbroder: thanks very much for your help - your explanation is clearer than any other I've seen!20:45
jhuntbroder: please tell me I've pushed the right branch to the right place now or I may have to open a bottle of something strong... :)20:55
broderso the diff is still massive. i think i may have given you bad advice when i said to merge into lp:ubuntu/gdm. if you branched from lp:~ubuntu-desktop/gdm/ubuntu, you should merge back into that20:58
broderif you look at the diff on https://code.launchpad.net/~jamesodhunt/ubuntu/natty/gdm/single-user-mode-fix/+merge/52610, it's, like, the entirety of the repository, which is something of a red flag20:59
bdrungtumbleweed: "pull-debian-source lintian experimental" fails20:59
tumbleweedbdrung: aah, that's easy :)21:01
=== Guest59853 is now known as ogra
bryceh_@pilot out21:12
=== udevbot changed the topic of #ubuntu-devel to: Archive: feature freeze | Development of Ubuntu (not support, not app development) | #ubuntu for support and general discussion for dapper -> maverick | #ubuntu-app-devel for application development on Ubuntu | http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment | See #ubuntu-bugs for http://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpingWithBugs | Current Friendly Patch Pilots: bdmurray
bryceh_bdmurray, still piloting?  ;-)21:12
ari-tczewI guess bdmurray has forgot to do out from piloting. May topic needs fixing manually?21:13
bdmurray@pilot out21:15
=== udevbot changed the topic of #ubuntu-devel to: Archive: feature freeze | Development of Ubuntu (not support, not app development) | #ubuntu for support and general discussion for dapper -> maverick | #ubuntu-app-devel for application development on Ubuntu | http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment | See #ubuntu-bugs for http://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpingWithBugs | Current Friendly Patch Pilots:
tumbleweedbdrung: that commit should have fixed it21:33
bdrungtumbleweed: maybe put is_suite into DistroInfo?21:35
bdrungtumbleweed: confirming that your commit fixes my issue21:36
tumbleweedbdrung: yeah, that probably is a good idea. However it's by no means perfect (there isn't an experimental-p-u :)21:37
bdrungtumbleweed: yes, but experimental-p-u isn't a good name for a version ;)21:38
tumbleweedwell, there isn't an unstable on either21:38
tumbleweedbut yeah, experimental on its own makes moving it there complex21:39
till_SpamapS: thanks again, the correct order worked!22:20
SpamapStill_: w00t22:32
=== dendrobates is now known as dendro-afk
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!