=== rtdos is now known as z80
=== z80 is now known as retrodos
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen
=== ogra_ is now known as ogra
czajkowskipersia: hope things are ok over there with you11:32
=== 13WAABYZZ is now known as ian_brasil
sorenczajkowski: I heard from him half an hour ago. He's ok.11:56
czajkowskisoren: thanks11:56
czajkowskisoren: just wondering about the others on the Asia/O membership board11:56
sorenczajkowski: No idea about those :(11:58
=== evilvish is now known as vish
holsteinkees: hello14:29
holsteinwould you have a minute, or mind a PM about an MIR issue?14:29
=== txwikinger2 is now known as txwikinger
keesholstein: sure, or ask in #ubuntu-devel in case I'm afk and other mir team folks can help15:21
holsteinkees: i think im making some progress :)15:21
holsteinnot with an actual solution15:21
holsteinbut talking to the proper folks :)15:21
holsteini subscribed to the bugs15:22
holsteinand commented on them15:22
keesokay, cool :)15:23
holsteinkees: do you have any ideas on how this can be resolved?15:24
keesholstein: cjwatson will be following up on it, iiuc.15:30
holsteinkees: thanks15:31
holsteindoko: ping15:40
ScottKholstein: This channel is really for scheduled meetings.  You'd do better to use #ubuntu-devel.15:43
holsteinthanks ScottK15:43
holsteinthis is related to the upcoming meeting15:43
ScottKYes, but it's not the actual meeting.15:44
* ara waves15:58
* skaet waves15:58
* joshuahoover waves15:58
* Daviey joins the mexican dance15:59
mvohello, I'm here for colin today15:59
skaethi mvo.   cool.16:00
MootBotMeeting started at 10:00. The chair is skaet.16:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:00
skaet[Topic] Natty overview - skaet_16:01
skaetReminder:   please use ".." on separate line when you've finished typing.   If someone wants to comment during the updates, please "o/", so we know to wait.16:01
skaetAgenda is at:16:01
skaet[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2011-03-1116:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Natty overview - skaet_16:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2011-03-1116:01
skaetBugs have built up to a significant backlog for some teams, as of 2011/03/09 bugs for Natty that are high/critical were broken down as follows:16:01
skaet      * kernel:   linux: 10   drivers: 13   ( 3 from 2010 )16:01
skaet      * foundations:  28 ( 6 from 2010 )16:01
skaet      * server: 516:01
skaet      * desktop: 1616:01
skaet      * ubuntuone: 11 (2 from 2010 )16:01
skaet      * kubuntu: 5 (3 from 2010 )16:01
skaet      * desktop experience: 36 (5 from 2010 )16:01
skaet      * arm: 11 (6 from 2010 )16:01
skaetThis is significantly up from where we were with maverick, so needs a bit of focus.16:01
skaetMilestoned bugs for beta 1 can be found:16:01
skaet[LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.milestone=33574.16:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.milestone=33574.16:01
skaetBugs targetted for this release can be found:16:01
skaet[LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+bugs16:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+bugs16:01
skaetNote that the renaming of beta to beta-1 caused some links to become inaccurate.  If you spot any that are broken, please let me know.16:01
skaetUpcoming Significant Dates:16:01
skaetUser Interface Freeze and Beta Freeze is March 24th (at 2300 UTC  ;) )16:01
skaetBeta 1 Release is March 31st.16:02
skaetgo pitti16:02
pittijust waving hello, sorry16:02
skaetcool,  marjo?16:02
skaetok if no questions,  lets head into the round tables.16:02
skaet[Topic] QA team update - marjo16:02
MootBotNew Topic:  QA team update - marjo16:02
marjohi folks16:03
marjolots to report again today16:03
marjo * Natty Beta 1 Work Items16:03
marjo http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-platform-qa-ubuntu-11.04-beta-1.html16:03
marjo - Work items on track.16:03
marjo * Natty boot regression report16:03
marjoThis report includes the bug numbers submitted for systems that showed16:03
marjoregressions from their Maverick boot speeds.16:03
marjoSystem       Maverick  Natty     Diff  Bug Number16:03
marjo------       --------  --------  ----- ----------16:03
marjo201011-6750, 00:19.75, 00:18.39, -1.36, n/a16:03
marjo201101-7164, 00:28.80, 00:36.38, +7.58, 73101616:03
marjo201101-7174, 00:31.53, 00:39.46, +7.93, 73101916:03
marjo201101-7175, 00:25.13, 00:24.81, -0.32, n/a16:03
marjo201101-7183, 00:24.29, 00:31.45, +7.16, 73102016:03
marjo201101-7184, 00:16.60, 00:16.13, -0.47, n/a16:03
marjo201101-7185, 00:13.12, 00:18.13, +5.01, 73102116:03
marjosorry for the bad formatting16:03
marjoThe QA team will report on these boot metrics at the weekly Natty16:04
marjorelease meeting.16:04
marjoThe bug reports are submitted to the Ubuntu Boot Speed project [1].16:04
marjoPlease give us feedback on the data presented and its format to make16:04
marjosure it's useful for all stakeholders.16:04
marjoThanks to HW Certification team (brendand) for the boot metrics data and Brian16:04
marjoMurray (bdmurray) for the analysis and reporting.16:04
marjoany questions so far?16:04
skaetthanks for the data with the bug numbers16:04
marjoskaet, these are the bugs of note for the QA team16:05
marjo * Blocking bugs16:05
marjo bug 71123116:05
marjo bug 71716616:05
marjo bug 72982716:05
marjo bug 71158716:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 711231 in compiz (Ubuntu Natty) "compiz crashed with SIGSEGV in __pthread_mutex_lock()" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/71123116:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 717166 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Natty) "Broken with v4 isc-dhcp-server in Natty" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/71716616:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 729827 in unity (Ubuntu Natty) "at-spi-registry consumes most of the CPU and make the system unusable on Natty" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72982716:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 711587 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Natty) "powernap and Eucalyptus seem unable to reach an understanding" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/71158716:05
marjo * QA Dashboard16:05
marjo http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/qadashboard/qadashboard.html16:05
marjoNote unity, nux and linux are in both the "Last Day" and "Last 7 Days" metrics.16:05
marjo * Testing status:16:05
marjo Desktop Automated Testing results16:05
MootBotLINK received:  http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/desktop-testing/natty/16:05
marjoNumber of 2D tests: 31516:05
marjoNumber of Unity tests: 29616:05
marjoList of bugs found is at the bottom of page.16:05
marjo Server Automated Testing results16:06
marjo 1 failure under investigation by hggdh.16:06
marjo  Automatic Upgrade Testing16:06
marjo  http://people.canonical.com/~mvo/automatic-upgrade-testing/current/16:06
marjoper mvo,16:06
marjosame bugs as before: sudo prompt and the openoffice file overwrite problem16:06
marjosome tests removed, while waiting for disk space16:06
skaetThanks Marjo!  re: 711231,  why is a blocking bug only a medium importance?   can you look at that offline?16:06
marjoskaet: will do16:07
* skaet still looking at the data16:07
skaetany other questions?16:08
marjothx skaet16:08
skaetok,  will move on.  Thanks again for all that lovely data marjo,  will study a bit more after the meeting.16:08
marjoskaet: yw16:08
skaet[Topic] Hardware Certification team update - ara16:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Hardware Certification team update - ara16:08
araHello! Happy Friday!16:08
araThis week the testing went pretty well! Really good coverage:16:08
ara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/hw-testing/current16:08
ara(and no broken images, soooo glad that the FF week is over)16:08
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/hw-testing/current16:08
araSome highlights from this week testing:16:09
araThe Tecra R700 is still failing resume:16:09
ara[LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/70828616:09
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/70828616:09
ubottuUbuntu bug 708286 in linux (Ubuntu) "Resume after suspend not working - Toshiba Tecra R700" [Undecided,New]16:09
araSome systems are failing the fwts_test, that was supposed to be fixed in Natty. We are investigating the root cause.16:09
araAnd a couple of system didn't report back. We will investigate those.16:09
araOther than that, pretty good week in terms of HW quality!16:09
araAlso, before I finish, I'd like to thank the QA team for setting up the automated installation testing for server, alternate and desktop. It is going to save us a lot of time!16:09
marjoara: thx!16:09
skaetthanks ara!16:09
marjothx to jibel!16:10
skaetwill look at the links after the meeting.16:10
skaetany questions for ara?16:10
skaet[Topic] Security team update - jdstrand16:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Security team update - jdstrand16:10
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty16:11
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty16:11
jdstrand[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-security.html16:11
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-security.html16:11
jdstrandI just closed 15 kernel CVE bugs that had incorrect natty tasks, so that is nice. :) Fixed bug #728434, but otherwise there is not a lot to report. Our team has been focusing primarily on stable release updates.16:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 728434 in dbus (Ubuntu Natty) "[natty] dbus fails to install in a schroot" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72843416:11
jdstrandWe have no remaining milestoned features for beta. We have a couple of low priority bugs for beta. We are below the trend line on work items overall.16:11
skaetthanks jdstrand!16:11
skaetand thanks for closing the bugs that had incorrect natty tasks!  :D16:12
skaetany questions?16:12
jdstrandsure! :)16:12
skaet[Topic] Kernel team update - apw16:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel team update - apw16:12
=== bdmurray_ is now known as bdmurray
* skaet looks around for kernel team member and wonders if she's missed an email....:P16:13
skaetok, we'll come back to them later.16:13
skaet[Topic] Foundations team update - mvo16:14
MootBotNew Topic:  Foundations team update - mvo16:14
mvoWork items:16:14
mvoLooking good16:14
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-foundations.html16:14
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-foundations-ubuntu-11.04-beta-1.html16:14
mvoMostly good, but the remaining bits of "other-foundations-n-disconnected-upgrade" will have to be postponed (blocked on decision how the meta-release file should be mirrored/handled)16:14
mvoTeam activity:16:14
mvoColin 'x86 asm' Watson fixed critical wubi/grub bug#693671!16:14
mvoTeam did upstart 0.9.x work, fixed long standing #436936 (gdm) bug, ubiquity slideshow improvements, wubi improvements/fixes, fixes, general bugfixing, ubuntu-distributed-development work, apt/aptdaemon/software-center/apt-clone work, work on event based initramfs16:14
skaetthanks mvo!   good news about 693671 and those other bugs...  :)16:15
skaetany questions?16:15
skaet[Topic] Server team update - Daviey16:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Server team update - Daviey16:16
DavieyGeneral Release Status:16:16
DavieyQuick Burn down for features:16:16
Daviey== Work Items ==16:16
DavieyGenerally we are making good progress with the work items.  Other than those below, the ones under the progress are work items which are largely limited to documentation, or not relevant for the distro release.  Such as webtrial.16:16
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-server-ubuntu-11.04-beta-1.html16:16
Daviey -- RoAkSoAx is taking some of the burden of this, some parts may be defered, but expecting rapid progress.16:16
Daviey -- Currently under progress, will be used to help QA cloud images (tradional testing used in conjunction)16:16
Daviey -- Awaiting an update16:16
Daviey== Milestoned Bugs ==16:16
Daviey= Outstanding =16:16
Daviey    561779 - squid - squid is not started on runlevel transition 1 -> 2.16:16
Daviey    727286 - libvirt - apparmor is blocking libvirt-bin from accessing folders in "/16:16
Daviey= In progress =16:17
Daviey    697753 - bittorrent recommendation prevents bittorrent demotion16:17
Daviey        *REALLY* Will be fixed in next upload (sorry).16:17
Daviey    711587 - powernap and Eucalyptus seem unable to reach an understanding16:17
Daviey        RoAkSoAx investigating, good progress16:17
Daviey    717166 - Eucalyptus - Broken with v4 isc-dhcp-server in Natty16:17
Daviey        Working with upstream to resolve16:17
Daviey    580319 - dhcp3-server launches before upstart brings all interface, thus failing to start16:17
Daviey        Assigned to JamesHunt16:17
Daviey    732759 - [FFe] [needs-packaging] python-ethtool16:17
Daviey         Awaiting ~ubuntu-release giving FFe.16:17
Daviey    727342 - package open-vm-dkms 2010.06.16-268169-3ubuntu1 failed to install/upgrade: open-vm-tools kernel module failed to build16:17
Daviey         Serge spent significant time trying to cherry pick a patch to work with newer kernels.  It's looking like a new upstream version is the best, so he will be seeking a FFe to land that.16:17
Daviey= Not critical f16:17
Daviey= Not critical for release =16:17
Daviey    727286 - apparmor is blocking libvirt-bin from accessing folders in "/"16:17
Daviey        jdstrand investigating16:17
Daviey== Other ==16:17
DavieyThe axisc2 bug that has been keeping us awake at night for the last few months has been fixed by janimo, so he our hero of the week.  He can claim his berverage from me at UDS.16:17
jdstrandinvestigating is strong16:17
jdstrandor weak16:17
jdstrandI know precisely what it is :)16:18
skaetThanks Daviey!   appreciate the details,  will study and folllow up after the meeting.16:18
Daviey(Life is good, most serious bug on server is still bug #717166, and upstream are going to be more responsive)16:18
* jdstrand stops derailing the meeting now16:18
ubottuLaunchpad bug 717166 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Natty) "Broken with v4 isc-dhcp-server in Natty" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/71716616:18
Davieyjdstrand, Oh, you are - you just don't know it yet16:18
skaetvery happy to see the axisc2 bug gone as well.  :D16:19
skaet[Topic] Desktop team update - pitti16:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop team update - pitti16:19
pittiBlueprint implementation:16:19
pitti * On track for entire cycle16:19
pitti * beta-1: not much progress last week, but the actual implementation bits are mostly done; remaining WIs fall into those categories:16:19
pitti  * Adding unit tests, human testing, etc. (not bound by FF or other freezes; b1 milestone was used mainly for planning)16:20
pitti  * Some remaining a11y work for Unity; worked on by DX, we just need to integrate once it's landing16:20
pitti  * Porting remaining software to xulrunner-2.0 (not really bound by FF, but should be done soon); stragglers will be removed from the archive; the main blocker here is swt-gtk which is required by eucalyptus, as discussed last week16:20
pitti  * Quickly improvements, which are blocked on Launchpad improvements; will likely be postponed16:20
pitti  * Sofware-Center UI enhancements: Some are probably done, but some implementation work left; will discuss with Gary16:20
pittiGeneral status:16:20
pitti * Another Unity release with a lot of bug fixes; now brings real keyboard navigation16:20
pitti * CD oversizedness got resolved now16:20
pitti * We finally fixed Firefox translations in langpack-o-matic; new packs uploaded, working well now16:20
pitti * openoffice.org →  libreoffice transitional packages/upgrades are still being worked out; yesterday we landed the dictionaries and thesauri, and the transitional oo.o made through NEW16:20
pittiRC bugs:16:20
pitti - no current blockers, just the usual manpower issue16:20
pitti - details at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus#rcbugs16:20
skaetThanks pitti!16:21
skaetwill dig into the rcbugs link later.16:21
skaetany questions?16:21
skaet[Topic] Ubuntu One Team - joshuahoover16:21
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu One Team - joshuahoover16:21
joshuahoover[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/NattyReleaseStatus16:22
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/NattyReleaseStatus16:22
joshuahooverdetails on where we're at with our natty work and releases are in the link above16:22
joshuahooverFFE update... Bindwood FFE bug #648587 should be landing next week & ubuntuone-couch in universal bug #729117 is getting uploaded by kenvandine16:22
ubottuLaunchpad bug 648587 in Bindwood "[FFE] bindwood is incompatible with Firefox 4" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/64858716:22
ubottuLaunchpad bug 729117 in Ubuntu "[FFE] Add ubuntuone-couch to universe " [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72911716:22
joshuahooverthe list of bugs we're working on currently can be found in the link i posted earlier...i don't think there are any worth highlighting in particular16:22
joshuahooverthis week we've been updating our acceptance test cases related to natty/unity...more on that next week :)16:22
joshuahooverand that's it for this week for u1 - questions?16:22
skaetthanks joshuahoover!   will look into the bugs and get back to you offline.  :)16:23
joshuahooverskaet: cool :)16:23
skaet[Topic] Kubuntu Team update - Riddell16:23
MootBotNew Topic:  Kubuntu Team update - Riddell16:23
ScottKRiddell is away at kde.conf.in this week.16:23
ScottKWe've landed KDE SC
ScottKThe arm team made some good progress for us on Qt on arm.16:23
ScottKStill waiting to hear when they want to switch back to gcc4.5.16:24
ScottKArm gl -> gles transition is making good progress.16:24
ScottK(plasma-mobile will now run gl free on armel)16:24
ScottKn900 kernel is in the archive and working now thanks to jdstrand for doing the New review.16:24
skaetThanks ScottK!16:25
skaetgcc 4.5 is still getting resolved.16:25
dokois resolved16:25
skaetsweet.  :)16:25
ScottKYes.  I'm just waiting to see if the arm team is ready to upload Qt building with it.16:26
ScottKI think they wanted to test the neon and volatile IT changes.16:26
ScottKI imagine ogra knows ...16:26
skaetdoko,  can you give us all an update on where we are with gcc 4.5 at the end of the meeting, and what we should be expecting?16:27
ScottKAny more questions?16:28
* skaet hopes doko will stick around and compose a summary while we're working through the rest..16:28
dokoskaet: will drop off in 5min. see my email to you. can do it later offline16:28
ograScottK, right, NEON test still pending16:28
ScottKogra: Any idea when that can get done?16:28
skaetthanks doko.   will follow up offline then.16:28
ograScottK, i know its on GrueMasters TODO16:28
ograwith pretty high prio16:29
ScottKIf it's going to be very long, it might be better to go ahead and upload Qt building against 4.5 rather than wait.16:29
skaetthanks again,  will move on now.16:30
skaet[Topic] Desktop Experience Team Update - dbarth16:30
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop Experience Team Update - dbarth16:30
skaetanyone else around from DX team?   oubiwann,  njpatel?16:32
oubiwannskaet: here16:32
oubiwannskaet: I don't have dbarth_'s notes, though :-/16:33
skaetthanks oubiwann,  is there an update from DX team this week?16:33
* skaet figures they're probably working on that nasty long bug list... ;)16:33
skaetok,  will follow up with dbarth off list16:33
oubiwannyeah, they've been pounding away at it16:34
skaet[Topic] ARM team update - ogra16:34
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM team update - ogra16:34
ograStatus is at:16:34
ogra[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARMTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty16:34
ogra * Qt should be fixed so far, we are still waiting for tests on non-NEON arches.16:34
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARMTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty16:34
ogra * OMAP4 TI kernel was switched to .38 but is not on the images yet.16:34
ogra * unity-2d bugfix update will land this weekend16:34
ogra * Mono ARM research is going on, NCommander rebuilds various versions to have comparison data16:34
ogra * ARM specific FTBFS list is shrinking16:34
ograImage status:16:35
ogra * Netbook images are building fine (move to new kernel pending)16:35
ogra * New headless image was introduced this week16:35
ograEntire status: http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel.html16:35
ograMilestone: http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel-ubuntu-11.04-beta-1.html16:35
dbarth_ah sorry16:35
skaetthanks ogra!16:35
dbarth_skaet: o/16:35
skaetdbarth_,  cool,  we'll come back to you next.16:35
skaetogra,  will the .38 kernel land next week?16:36
ograskaet, its already in the archive, the meta didnt make it in time to make it land on todays image16:36
skaetcool.  :)16:36
ograand it requires some image changes too16:36
ogra(needs video options set on cmdline currently)16:37
ograthe video driver is, while it currently works, still WIP16:37
skaetok, will keep an eye open for some churn then.16:37
skaet[Topic] MOTU team update - ScottK16:38
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU team update - ScottK16:38
ScottKHello again.16:38
ScottKThe decision to revert the DSO linking changes for this cycle helps us hugely in terms of buildability.16:38
ScottKHopefully Debian will start the python2.7 transition soon and so we may benefit from fixes in Debian.16:39
ScottKNothing major to report.  There's some NBS to deal with, but it seems reasonable.16:39
skaetThanks ScottK!  any questions?16:40
skaet[Topic] Desktop Experience team update - dbarth_16:40
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop Experience team update - dbarth_16:40
dbarth_now i'm here16:41
dbarth_the report is at the usual location: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/NattyReleaseStatus16:41
dbarth_the list of FFEs is maintained here with the corresponding bugs16:41
dbarth_quick overview of the bug fixes: 71 fixes for unity only this week16:42
dbarth_the team made 2 releases16:42
dbarth_the overlay scrollbar appeared on the release radar however, and we're now working with platform to fix bugs and have a list of safe applications for it16:43
dbarth_also work on GL driver support (see QA section at the bottom) to make a matrix of supported configurations16:43
dbarth_we got the first batch of results from victor's team (thanks ara) and marjo's team will help us complete that with the help of the community16:43
dbarth_sound indicator release: always getting better16:44
dbarth_indicators and dbusmenu fixes: the alt keys / accelerators bugs are slowly getitng fixed; we're missing a fix at unity's level now, but that should be quick next week16:44
dbarth_a11y: lots of fixes as well16:44
dbarth_but places a11y was out of reach for this week16:45
dbarth_will re-evaluate next week16:45
dbarth_and that's it16:45
dbarth_questions? tomatoes?16:45
skaetthanks dbarth_!   great to see the number of fixes coming in!   when do you estimate scrollbar to be ready to include?16:45
dbarth_once we have that list of known/good apps16:46
dbarth_ie, next week16:46
dbarth_(can't be later than that)16:46
dbarth_overall cimi has been able to fix bugs rather quickly16:46
dbarth_11 or so still open16:46
dbarth_and huge perf. improvements were made this afternoon16:46
dbarth_in apps where it was not that good (evolution comes to mind)16:47
dbarth_(yes we can make evolution fast ;)16:47
skaetCool  :)    can you please ping me directly before scrollbar lands, so we can juggle it in with some of the other changes on toolchains, etc.16:47
dbarth_skaet: sure16:48
dbarth_skaet: it should be on thursday, for our regular upload window16:48
skaetthanks dbarth_!16:48
skaetany other questions?16:49
skaet[Topic] Linaro update - JamieBennett16:49
MootBotNew Topic:  Linaro update - JamieBennett16:49
JamieBennettSo we have a new Linaro kernel package coming soon16:50
JamieBennettto fix some panda display issues we've been having (amongst other bugs)16:50
JamieBennettalso some systemtap v1.3 enablement16:50
JamieBennettslangasek: is working on some apt and dpkg patches that will land very soon for multi-arch support16:51
JamieBennettOther than that we don't have many other intersections16:51
skaetthanks JamieBennett16:51
slangasekapt has indeed landed, thanks mvo ; dpkg waiting for upstream sign-off before I upload; I'll send a FFe request for the changes to the other libs packages16:51
skaetthanks slangasek16:52
skaetany questions?16:52
skaet[Topic] any other kudos/comments/questions?16:52
MootBotNew Topic:  any other kudos/comments/questions?16:52
holsteinskaet: i have something16:53
holsteinif this is the general open portion16:53
skaethi holstein!  welcome.16:53
holsteinskaet: thanks :)16:53
holsteinrelating to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dbus-c++/+bug/73075916:53
ubottuUbuntu bug 730759 in dbus-c++ (Ubuntu Natty) "[MIR] b-d for libffado" [High,Incomplete]16:53
holsteinand https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libconfig/+bug/73076016:53
ubottuUbuntu bug 730760 in libconfig (Ubuntu Natty) "[MIR] b-d for libffado" [High,Incomplete]16:53
holsteinand demoting libffado from main16:53
holsteinwe (ubuntustudio) need that in the main repo16:53
holsteinand im not really sure what i can do now to help resolve the issue16:54
holsteini commented on the bugs16:54
pittiare dbus-c++ and libconfig not appropriate for main?16:54
holsteinand im trying to sort it out ASAP16:54
holsteinpitti: im not sure what the deal is exactly16:55
pittilibconfig just needs a package fix to add symbol files (should go to debian as well)16:55
holsteinpitti: that sounds easy16:55
holsteinwho do i talk to about it?16:56
pittiyou can't/don't want to fix yourself?16:56
Davieylooks like holstein is happy to chase this issue, i wonder if doko would help liase with him offline.16:56
pittiany ubuntu dev should be able to do it really16:56
holsteinpitti: i will if i can16:56
* holstein is a musician16:56
holsteinim not a total newb16:56
holsteinbut im not quite up to the task im afraid16:56
holsteinyeah, chasing is not a problem16:57
Davieyholstein, Lets track it, and discuss it in -devel.16:57
holsteinOR if its something i can read about and learn to fix16:57
holsteinim in16:57
pittithe other is a bigger problem -- if the package is orphaned in Debian, someone in Ubuntnu needs to maintain it16:57
holsteinpitti: i could probably find that too16:57
holsteina maintainer16:57
holsteini can ask16:57
pittiotherwise we need to disable the feature, or roll back to an earlier version (which isn't a long-term solution, though)16:57
pittiholstein: someone from ubuntustudio ideally, as they would care most about this, perhaps?16:58
holsteinpitti: right, i have a few ideas16:58
Daviey(mythbuntu dropped the dep on it today BTW)16:58
holsteinpitti: i am from ubuntustudio ;)16:58
pittifor now, adding symbols files would come a long way towards making it more appropriate16:58
holsteinwe have some new actual dev-types though16:58
holsteinpitti: can i contact you about this?16:59
holsteinwith questions or whatever?16:59
holsteinand what kind of time frame are we talking?16:59
pittiI guess dbus-C++ doesn't need a lot of maintenance, it's just a binding16:59
holsteina week?16:59
holsteincouple days?16:59
pittiholstein: yeah, I hang out in devel16:59
pittiholstein: by beta-1 would be good16:59
skaetholstein, thanks for bringing the issue up.    yeah getting this all resolved before beta-1 would be good.17:00
holsteinskaet pitti - that should not be a problem17:00
holsteini'll chase it, and thank you17:00
skaetOne other bit... heard from kernel team.   Will be adding note from them into minutes.17:01
skaetanyone else?17:01
skaetthank you marjo, ara, jdstrand, smb,  mvo, pitti, Daviey, ScottK, joshuahoover, dbarth_,  doko, ogra, holstein17:02
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:02.17:02
arathanks skaet!17:02
joshuahooverthank you skaet!17:02
jdstrandskaet: thanks!17:02
pittithanks everyone17:02
marjoskaet: thx!17:03
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== j_ack_ is now known as j_ack
=== zul_ is now known as zul

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!