=== leoquant is now known as Guest14693
=== leoquant_ is now known as Guest88056
weecolcough cough good morning08:03
weecolhave we a scheduled time for the next meeting08:04
weecoldo we have work we need discussed?08:12
weecoli'll idle here then08:14
=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== zul_ is now known as zul
* Laney phases in12:09
cyphermoxLaney: my application probably can't be processed today seeing as my email made it to devel-permissions. AFAIK it's still held in the moderation queue12:11
Laneyhm, I thought that devel-permissions was unmoderated12:12
Laneyanyway... it appears we are inquorate12:12
RAOFIt is, as long as you've subscribed.12:13
cyphermoxany idea who would be able to release my message?12:13
RAOFJust Laney and a hopeful RAOF :)12:13
Laneybdrung is around, but two does not a quorum make12:14
Laneyif more appear later we can maybe have an impromptu session12:14
Laneysorry all12:14
Laneycyphermox: I will look into the moderation issue12:14
cyphermoxLaney, thanks12:15
* RAOF slouches off to his UTC+11 bed.12:15
cyphermoxworst case, I can just subscribe and re-send12:15
RAOFThat's what I did :)12:15
cyphermoxugh, right, this is *really* early for you12:16
cyphermoxor really late ;)12:16
RAOFNot *desperately* late.12:16
RAOF(11 hours after 12pm ☺)12:16
=== ogra is now known as Guest42034
=== Guest42034 is now known as ogra_
=== james_w` is now known as james_w
* marjo waves at pitti, ara14:55
pittihey marjo, how are you?14:56
* ara waves14:56
marjopitti: fine thx; how are you?14:56
* skaet waves14:59
skaetlooks like we're not going to have bjf or sconklin today.14:59
* charlie-tca waves15:00
skaetdo folks want to continue with the meeting,  or shoudl we reschedule?   ara, pitti, marjo?15:00
vanhoofhi skaet15:01
araskaet, I would continue with the meeting, the kernel team can have a look to the meeting logs15:01
marjowith bjf or sconklin, doesn't make sense15:01
* hggdh waits :-)15:01
marjoskaet_ ^^^15:01
marjobut i'll defer to ara :)15:01
arabut I am easy :)15:01
skaethmm,  might be good to get any other issues out,  so,  will go ahead.  :)15:01
skaetno one will object to a short meeting I suspect?15:02
MootBotMeeting started at 10:02. The chair is skaet.15:02
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]15:02
skaetReminder, please follow the convention  of using ".." on a separate line when you've finished typing.    Also, If someone wants to comment on the last point, please "o/", so we know to wait.15:02
skaet[TOPIC] End of Life - Karmic, Hardy-Desktop15:02
MootBotNew Topic:  End of Life - Karmic, Hardy-Desktop15:02
skaetust a reminder that April 2011 will see end of life of Karmic Koala (9.10), and Hardy Heron (8.04) Desktop.15:02
skaetDapper Drake (6.06) Server will end of life in June 2011.15:02
skaet[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases15:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases15:02
skaetany questions?15:03
skaet[TOPIC] LTS - 10.04.315:04
MootBotNew Topic:  LTS - 10.04.315:04
skaetmilestoned bugs are in the agenda,   10.04.3 is est. July 14th15:04
skaetplease put in agenda if you know of any concerns,  things to avoid around that date.15:05
skaetmilestoned bugs can be found there as well.15:05
skaet[TOPIC] Kernel SRU status - skipping this week15:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel SRU status - skipping this week15:05
skaet[TOPIC] QA status - marjo15:05
MootBotNew Topic:  QA status - marjo15:05
marjohi folks15:06
marjoTesting done on March 915:06
marjoLucid EC215:06
marjoTesting passed on March 715:06
marjoTesting done on March 1115:06
marjoKarmic EC215:06
marjoPlanned for Week of March 1415:07
marjoTesting started today March 1415:07
ubottuUbuntu bug 726796 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "linux: 2.6.35-28.49 -proposed tracker" [Medium,Fix committed]15:07
marjoTesting starts after Maverick tests are completed15:07
ubottuUbuntu bug 725138 in linux (Ubuntu Hardy) "linux: 2.6.24-29.87 -proposed tracker" [Undecided,Fix committed]15:07
skaetthanks marjo15:08
marjothx skaet15:08
skaetany questions?15:08
skaet[TOPIC] HW certification - ara15:09
MootBotNew Topic:  HW certification - ara15:09
araThis week we reached the coverage of 75 certified systems with 10.04LTS and 75 systems with 10.10.15:09
araThe tests that failed in Maverick are due to problems with the tests themselves, and are not regressions in the kernel. From our side, Maverick kernel is ready to be uploaded to -updates, as we stated in the tracking bug.15:09
ara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/sru-testing/wk10_2011/maverick-proposed.html15:09
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/sru-testing/wk10_2011/maverick-proposed.html15:09
araFrom the tests that failed in Lucid, we were only suspicious of two failing systems that failed the network tests. That's why we removed the verification-done tag from the tracking bug on Lucid. We just finished investigating those right now and we will now update the tracking bug as we have confirmed that those are not regressions.15:10
ara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/sru-testing/wk10_2011/lucid-proposed.html15:10
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/sru-testing/wk10_2011/lucid-proposed.html15:10
skaetthanks ara!   what is the root cause of the maverick failures?   some other bugs or hardware?15:10
skaetjust re-read what you said15:10
skaetok,  test failures.15:10
skaetanyone else have questions for ara?15:11
skaet[TOPIC] general SRU status - pitti15:11
MootBotNew Topic:  general SRU status - pitti15:11
pittimostly business as usual15:11
pittinote that this week I'm going to have an SRU training session with SpammapS (Clint Byrum)15:12
pittihe aggreed to join the SRU team \o/15:12
skaet*\o/* ;)15:12
pittiso you might soon see messages and SRU processing from him as well15:12
zulnever mind me15:13
skaetnah,  just wondering if pitti was still typing or if he was done?15:13
pittiskaet: (sorry, have the plumber in the flat right now)15:14
* hggdh starts imagining a whole dialog of '..'15:14
skaetthanks pitti,  no worries..15:14
skaet[TOPIC] OEM bug priorities? - vanhoof15:14
MootBotNew Topic:  OEM bug priorities? - vanhoof15:14
vanhoofskaet: o/15:15
vanhoofskaet: we have an on-going issue we're debugging, which may result in a request for SRU, but we're still not close to the final root cause15:16
vanhoofthat's the only pressing item I have open now15:16
vanhoofeverything else is already verified in -proposed, or ack'd appropriately for the next SRU cycle15:16
skaetthanks vanhoof!15:16
skaetany questions?15:16
skaet[TOPIC] Support team - customer bug priorities - martins15:17
MootBotNew Topic:  Support team - customer bug priorities - martins15:17
* skaet looks around though and doesn't see martins, so we'll come back to this next time....15:17
skaet[TOPIC] New business, last chance for general questions? - all15:18
MootBotNew Topic:  New business, last chance for general questions? - all15:18
zuli have one thing15:18
skaetgo zul :)15:18
zulwe have a SRU for bind for a new upstream version (9.7.0 -> 9.7.3)15:18
zulits at the techboard level https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2011-February/000709.html15:18
zulbut it hasnt been looked at by the tb yet15:19
zuland we have a couple of weeks before all hell breaks loose15:19
zulDaviey is handing it right now15:19
skaetThanks for the head's up zul.   what's the bug number?15:19
zul651875 i think15:20
zulmdz just responded to it so its in the SRU team hands now15:20
skaetpitti, ^^   will get with you about it then offline.15:21
zulcool thanks!15:22
skaetzul,  I'll keep it on the "keep close eye on it" then list,  till we know its in the flow, and add it to the agenda to track next meeting.15:22
Davieymdz, Thanks for updating that15:22
mdzDaviey, np, sorry it took so long15:22
skaet[ACTION] skaet work with zul, Daviey, pitti on 651875 update plans15:23
MootBotACTION received:  skaet work with zul, Daviey, pitti on 651875 update plans15:23
skaetanyone else have questions? new business?15:23
pittiskaet, zul: that by and large just needs an upload15:24
zulpitti: right ill poke daviey to do it then15:24
skaetReminder: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2011-03-14-SR is where the agenda is being tracked.15:24
skaetits hot linked from StableReleaseAgenda each meeting.15:25
skaetlet me know off line if you want some items rearranged.15:25
skaetthanks ara, marjo, pitti, vanhoof, zul, Daviey15:26
marjoskaet: thx15:26
arathanks all!15:26
MootBotMeeting finished at 10:27.15:27
pittithanks everyone15:27
* skaet makes note not to put . after endmeeting in future. :P15:27
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen
jdstrandkees, sbeattie, micahg, jjohansen: meeting?17:04
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
jdstrandok, let's start17:07
MootBotMeeting started at 12:07. The chair is jdstrand.17:07
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]17:07
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting17:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting17:07
jdstrandsince the security team is in north america, we decided to move the meeting to 1700UTC due to recent DST17:08
jdstrand(it is a more convient time for members of the team)17:08
* sbeattie is here17:08
jdstrand[TOPIC] Review of any previous action items17:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Review of any previous action items17:08
jdstrandI don't see any new action items from last week. so let's move on17:09
jdstrand[TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report17:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly stand-up report17:09
jdstrandI'll go first17:09
jdstrandI am on community17:09
jdstrandlast week was a short week for me, and due to several meetings, patch piloting, training and other surprises, I did very little of what I thought I was going to do last week17:10
jdstrandwe'll see how this week goes :)17:10
jdstrandcurrently I have:17:10
jdstrandUSN publication site updates. the ISD team will be making the usn area a 'microsite', and it won't be drupal based17:11
jdstrandwhile they are implementing it, I said I would help with direction, feedback and testing17:11
jdstrandI'd like to get to my QRT fixes/additions to libvirt and apparmor17:11
jdstrandlast week I started on a 'test-net' test for apparmor in QRT, but I didn't finish17:12
keesFor the usb microsite, it would be great if it just read directly from the usn pickle17:12
jdstrandkees: yeah, I got your email and plan to bring that up with them. that is a good idea17:12
jdstrand(sorry for not responding to the email)17:12
keesno worries, figured this was good place to bring it up :)17:12
jdstrandlots of little bugs/sponsoring accumulating (ufw, libvirt, *blacklists, etc, etc)17:13
* micahg would suggest a cache time of 1hr on the generated pages17:13
jdstrandI have a lot of piddly stuff I'd just like to sweep away17:13
jdstrandmicahg: noted17:13
jdstrandassuming I can get through that, I have a dbus-glib update I almost completely forgot about, and would like to see if I can pick anything else up17:14
jdstrandkees: you're up17:14
keesokay, I've got a few upstream kernel leaks I'm still trying to get traction on. like everything there, the only way to get some of this stuff fixed is to fix it myself. :(17:14
keesthere was a regression in the tiff update that I'll take17:15
keesbug 73154017:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 731540 in tiff (Ubuntu) "Regression when reading CCITTFAX4 files due to fix for CVE-2011-0192 (tif_fax3.h)" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73154017:15
keesand then I'll just be working through my todo list17:15
keesgraph updates, etc17:16
keesone things Ng asked about was if we could order CVEs in the USN by priority instead of my serial number.17:16
keesI'm of two minds about it, but said I'd bring it up17:16
Ngit was just so that I'd be able to triage USNs and see the scariest things first17:17
jdstrandmost of the USNs that shouldn't be a big deal17:17
jdstrandthe kernel, firefox, webkit, etc can have a few at a time though17:17
jdstrandthe kernel is hopefully going to be resolving itself as the backlog is diminishing17:18
jdstrandsbeattie: true17:18
sbeattieand a lot of those, we're somewhat swag'ing on the priority level as it is.17:18
jdstrandkees: iirc, the tools will sort them no matter what order we enter them. is that right?17:19
keesthe bulk of stuff is medium and its priority to the user depends on their environment17:19
* jdstrand nods17:19
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
jdstrandI'm betting Ng is thinking most about kernels17:19
* sbeattie agrees, our medium covers kind of a wide spectrum.17:19
keesjdstrand: the tools try to produce an ordered list, yes17:19
jdstrand(of the ones we just mentioned)17:19
keeswhat shows up in the USN description, however, can be sorted differently17:20
Ngjdstrand: yep17:20
jdstrandkees: true. we could just take it as a TODO and a wiki edit to trye to organize them in the USN by priority, at least for the kernel17:20
keesI think putting high and critical at the top would be fine. the rest aren't worth ordering, I think.17:21
jdstrandtbh, I like how the top of the USN has them sorted. I think it makes it easier to see if a particular USN fixes a CVE you are interested in17:21
jdstrandkees: I agree17:21
keesright, in the CVE list, I would want it sorted serially17:21
* jdstrand nods17:21
keesI'll play with having it produce the description list in priority-sorted then serial-sorted order17:22
jdstrandNg: if we put high and critical as the first USNs in the description, would that be helpful enough?17:22
jdstrandthe first CVEs* in the USN description17:22
Ngjdstrand: I can't speak for everyone, but I tend to go with the descriptions in the "Details follow" section rather than pull up the full CVE for everything. If you guys say it's a crash only and there's no code execution or privilege escalation I'm unlikely to read the full CVE17:23
Ng(particularly when a kernel USN references 46 CVE numbers ;)17:25
keesokay, i'll give it a shot. that's it from me.17:25
jdstrandNg: right. the 'Details follow' is the part I was saying we could put the High and Critical. I think that is a reasonable and doable request (esp wrt the kernel). what do others think?17:25
jdstrandok then :)17:25
jdstrandkees: can you add a small wiki edit too?17:25
jdstrandsbeattie: you're up17:25
keesjdstrand: sure17:25
Ngjdstrand: that would be perfect for me :)17:26
sbeattiewith mdeslaur on vacation for most of this week, I'm covering triage for him.17:27
sbeattieopenjdk-6 arm packages finally built, so I'll be releasing those soon.17:27
jdstrandsbeattie: thanks for doing triage btw17:28
sbeattieI have another embargoed issue I'm working on.17:28
sbeattieAnd I have a bit of apparmor bugwork and documentation to do.17:29
sbeattieI think that's it for me.17:29
jdstrandmicahg: you're up17:30
micahgThere was a chromium chemspill release from pwn2own, so I'm finishing up testing on that17:30
micahgThis week I hope to at least get the webkit update staged17:31
micahgI also hope to do some triage WRT the webkit CVEs17:31
micahgthat's it17:31
jdstrandI have to small items17:32
jdstrand[TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions17:32
MootBotNew Topic:  Miscellaneous and Questions17:32
jdstrandok, I have 2 small items17:32
jdstrandwatching the vsec demise conversation on oss-security, I noticed that xorg said that distros subscribe to xorg-security@lists.x.org17:33
jdstrandI am not subscribed to that list personally17:33
* sbeattie either.17:33
jdstrandwe should consider subscribing an individual or the team17:33
jjohansenteam if they will let you17:34
kees+3 :)17:34
* jdstrand nods17:34
jdstrandok, we can look at that17:34
sbeattieare there other security lists we should have a representative on?17:35
jdstrandthe other thing is that everone should have gotten their performance review email. nothing to discuss there, just be aware of it and if you have questions, ask17:35
jdstrandsbeattie: probably. though otoh I don't know of any17:36
jdstrandthat is all I have17:36
jdstranddoes anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?17:37
keesI already did mine (usn cve priority ordering)17:37
* jdstrand nods17:38
jdstrandwell, thanks everyone! have a great week :)17:38
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:38.17:38
keescool, thanks jdstrand !17:38
sbeattiejdstrand: thanks!17:39
jdstrandsure thing :)17:40
micahgjdstrand: tahnks17:41
=== lan3y is now known as Laney
=== neversfelde_ is now known as neversfelde
=== unitylogger is now known as gnomeshellogger
=== JackyAlcine is now known as NattyJacky
=== NattyJacky is now known as NattyAlcine
=== ogra_ is now known as ogra
=== gnomeshellogger is now known as TheHarald
=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== noy_ is now known as noy

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!