=== tsimpson_ is now known as tsimpson
* ogitux waitting ubuntu-meeting start03:13
ogituxhii persia , elky` when start ubuntu-meeting with Agenda https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/AsiaOceania thanks before.03:24
lifeless5 hours or something I think03:24
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== elky` is now known as elky
=== ubott2 is now known as ubottu
ogituxhii persia , elky, ejat when start ubuntu-meeting with Agenda https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/AsiaOceania thanks before.10:02
elkyI'm not sure persia will be able to join us, he's in Japan. ejat, freeflying, lifeless10:06
* ejat here .. 10:07
ejatouch .. persia in japan ? hope he's fine :)10:07
czajkowskiI'm here if you need another board member for numbers - EMEA10:07
elkyWe need another one before we meet quorum10:08
elky(besides you, that is)10:08
czajkowskihave you poked popey or ogra10:08
elkyNot yet, I was giving the members of this board the courtesy of reply for a few minutes.10:08
czajkowskielky: fair enough thought it was due t start 8 mins ago.10:09
elkyAwesome, lets roll.10:09
elkyogitux, do you have your pre-prepared introduction ready?10:10
ogituxelky:  yes I ready10:11
elkyogitux, could you please paste your introduction then?10:11
ejatelky: start meeting ?10:12
MootBotMeeting started at 05:12. The chair is elky.10:12
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]10:12
elky[topic] ogitux's application10:12
MootBotNew Topic:  ogitux's application10:12
ogituxMy name Adnan Kashogi , I Live in Indonesia , why I want join member ubuntu because i want study about environment operating system opensource and first in there now I am study system information faculty on indonesia budiluhur university, else I so work in shipping transportation corporat my job is IT Staff. enough10:13
ejatanything else to add ..10:15
elkyogitux, your introduction got cut off at "enough" ... was there more?10:15
ogituxejat: elky  enough10:16
elkyogitux, what are your contributions to the Ubuntu project?10:16
ogituxyes I has contribute on Ubuntu Loco Team10:18
elkyogitux, what do you do for the loco team?10:19
elkyogitux, are you still there?10:21
ogituxelky: yes10:21
udienzoffline meeting10:21
udienzups, wrong channel10:21
elkyogitux, what do you do for the loco team?10:21
ogituxelky: manage Administration mailling list, active on irc #ubuntu-id, and offline meeting10:22
czajkowskiogitux: how are you inovolved http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-id10:22
elkyudienz, are you here to support ogitux?10:23
elkyif you're coaching him on the english to use, maybe it might be worth you giving a testimonial on his behalf :)10:23
udienzelky, yes. i'm here for ogitux10:23
elkyhis english doesn't need to be perfect to be a member, but we do need to hear what he does, and we're a little under-informed at the moment I think10:24
udienzwell, he is a member now. usually only  folks with Membership can administrer10:24
udienzbut he is very active in IRC, Mailling list10:25
udienzi mean administer on LP page or under loco.u.c10:25
udienzsorry for delay :)10:26
ejatany other thing that he work/contribute ....10:27
lifelessbah, late - sorry10:29
elkyudienz, i find one email for him in the entire google group, is he posting under a different name?10:29
ogituxelky: my name on google groups is vmlokal10:30
lifelesselky: btw, lifeless doesn't grab me - lifeless: does10:30
czajkowskilifeless: if you're here I can head to a meeting10:30
lifelessI am here10:31
lifelessits 2330 but I can stay till 240010:31
MootBotLINK received:  http://groups.google.com/group/id-ubuntu/search?group=id-ubuntu&q=vmlokal&qt_g=Search+this+group10:31
popeyI only see one thread10:31
elkyudienz, what does ogitux do with the offline meetings? just attend?10:32
udienzelky. actually i'm not attend while meeting because ogitux home too far from me. but i hear from others that he is not only attend10:33
elkyudienz, what do others say he does?10:34
udienzelky, I hear that he come and discussing about Jakarta SubLoco10:35
udienzmaybe 3 times meeting. if i'm not forget10:35
elkyOk, I'm ready to vote, lifeless: ejat, popey?10:35
elky[vote] ogitux for member?10:36
MootBotPlease vote on:  ogitux for member?.10:36
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot10:36
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting10:36
MootBotAbstention received from elky. 0 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 010:36
MootBotAbstention received from lifeless. 0 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 010:36
MootBotAbstention received from ejat. 0 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 010:36
MootBotAbstention received from popey. 0 for, 0 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 010:36
elkyI don't feel like enough has been done. The wiki mentions wanting to do packaging in the future, I strongly recommend going via motu10:36
popeyI agree, its hard to see a significant and sustained contribution10:37
popeyif there's contributions we can't see then they need to be more fully documented on the wiki page10:37
ubottumotu is short for Masters of the Universe. The brave souls who maintain the packages in the Universe section of Ubuntu. See  http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU10:38
MootBotFinal result is 0 for, 0 against. 4 abstained. Total: 010:38
elkySorry ogitux.10:39
ogituxelky: okay thanks10:39
udienzafaik, to get membership via devepment through ~universe-contributor10:39
elkyshani, are you around?10:39
elkygot an away ping from shani so moving on.10:41
elkystub is not in the channel?10:41
lifelesslet me grab hinm10:42
popeyjust poked him in #lp10:42
elky[topic] stub's membership application10:43
MootBotNew Topic:  stub's membership application10:43
lifelessI'm going to recuse myself from voting on stub unless the other board members want me to - he reports to me @work10:43
elkywelcome! introduce yourself :)10:43
elkylifeless, that would put us below quorum unless you can re-conjour czajkowski or someone else10:44
stubHi, I'm Stuart Bishop and I'm unprepared for this meeting10:44
lifelessczajkowski: persia: yo10:44
stubI've worked for Canonical since pre-warty on the Launchpad project a developer and DBA10:44
lifelesselky: its up to you and popey; if you are comfortable that I can be objective enough, I'm happy to vote.10:44
stubApart from Launchpad, my main contributions to Ubuntu are in beta testing and bug reporting.10:45
stubI maintain the pytz Python timezone library10:45
popeystub: do you do 'formal' testing or is this 'when i find a bug i report it' type testing?10:45
stubI'm an expat Australian currently living in Bangkok.10:46
stubWhen I find a bug, I report it, help diagnose and test fixes.10:46
popeyI can certainly see a lot of bug work10:46
popeyunderstandably a lot in launchpad10:46
elkystub, how many languages do you speak/write?10:47
stubEnglish and some basic Thai.10:47
popeyI have no more questions and am happy to vote whenever10:48
stubI can read a menu in Thai :)10:48
ejatstub: do u join thai loco :)10:48
elkystub, this is the most important part of a language, indeed.10:48
ejati mean .. any loco activities ..10:48
stubI've been involved in the local barcamps. Locos are too advanced for my Thai.10:48
* ejat winks :)10:49
elkyI do of course ask this question because I'm looking at your translations teams/etc10:49
ejatc00l barcamps ..10:49
elkyEither way, I'm ready to vote also10:49
elky[vote] stub for membership?10:50
MootBotPlease vote on:  stub for membership?.10:50
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot10:50
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting10:50
* ejat too10:50
MootBot+1 received from elky. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 110:50
MootBot+1 received from ejat. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 210:50
MootBot+1 received from popey. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 310:50
elkylifeless, your vote is merely a formality :)10:50
popeybah, you initiated vote just as I went to get a biscuit!10:50
lifeless+0 [recusing as per above]10:50
MootBotAbstention received from lifeless. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 310:50
popeythanks for your great work stub, keep it up :)10:50
MootBotFinal result is 3 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 310:50
stubI'll go get my tattoo then.10:51
ejatcongrate ...10:52
ejatubuntu tattoo ? wwooo :)10:52
elkyubuntuku around under a different nick?10:53
* ejat no i dea10:53
elkyand sadeq doesn't seem to be either10:54
ejatubuntuku calling twice ..10:54
=== Nafallo_ is now known as Nafallo
elkyWe're kind of out of time to process a whole application anyway I think10:55
popeyalso sadeq is MIA10:55
ejatend meeting i guess ..10:55
popeymakes sense10:55
elkyejat, popey, lifeless: czajkowski, thanks!10:55
popeythanks for chairing elky !10:56
MootBotMeeting finished at 05:56.10:56
ejatthanks for chairing ..10:56
elkyI *always* fail that.10:56
lifelessthanks all10:59
ejatthanks all10:59
dholbachpopey, ready? :)11:00
dholbachI pinged Greg, but he might still be asleep :)11:02
dholbachbut maybe we can get his opinion or advice over email11:02
MootBotMeeting started at 06:02. The chair is dholbach.11:02
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]11:02
dholbachhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda still lists the ubuntu jobs page as an agenda item11:02
dholbachpopey, do you recall if we had an action item for it the last time?11:02
popeylet me check11:03
MootBotLINK received:  http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/03/01/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t21:0111:04
popeyno actions11:04
dholbachok, nothing on there11:04
dholbach[action] dholbach to get more opinions on bug #60596911:05
MootBotACTION received:  dholbach to get more opinions on bug #60596911:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 605969 in Ubuntu Website "Redirect /employment to webapps.ubuntu.com/employment" [Undecided,Won't fix] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60596911:05
dholbachok, let's crack on11:05
dholbach[topic] Ubuntu Wiki Relicensing11:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Wiki Relicensing11:05
dholbach(this is the only agenda item I have)11:06
dholbachwe asked for feedback on the ubuntu wiki relicensing and established a period of 4 weeks where we wait for advice and concerns until we move on and finally get the content on the wiki a proper license11:06
popeywe've had a lot of good feedback11:06
dholbachI'm happy to say that the vast vast majority of the comments all appreciated that we are trying to solve a problem and were delighted by the choice of license (cc-by-sa 3.0)11:07
dholbachsome comments were related to us not trying to get explicit approval of each and every single contributor to the wiki11:07
dholbachas far as I remember there's been more than 15k contributors to the wiki11:07
dholbachso it's simply not feasible to try to do that11:08
dholbachwhat we're doing is a best efforts attempt at getting everybody's feedback11:08
dholbachso we mailed every single contributor and also spread the news about it widely11:08
dholbachthe single piece of feedback regarding the license itself was about the "drm clause" that's in cc-by-sa 3.011:09
dholbachgive me a sec to dig it ou11:09
dholbach"When You Distribute or Publicly Perform the Work, You may not impose11:10
dholbachany effective technological measures on the Work that restrict the11:10
dholbachability of a recipient of the Work from You to exercise the rights11:10
dholbachgranted to that recipient under the terms of the License."11:10
dholbachAIUI the concern raised was related to limiting the choice of devices by imposing this clause on users of ubuntu wiki content11:11
dholbachthe solution proposed was to "dual license" the content and remove this clause from the "second license"11:11
dholbachI don't speak for the CC here, but personally I can see where the concern is coming from and agree that it'd be unfortunate to limit readers of the content11:12
dholbachunfortunately we don't have folks like greg-g, mdke or mako here who I'm sure would have an opinion on it11:12
dholbachdoes anybody have any thoughts related to the point above?11:12
popeyI don't like the idea that we're limiting where people can use the content that community members created11:13
dholbachyes, I agree11:14
popeyI like the idea that we could generate (for example) a pdf, ebook, epub or whatever format file and distribute that in stores (for free or fee) which have DRM on them11:14
popeywe will of course always make it available in non-DRM formats11:14
dholbachit'd be nice to get opinions on this specific points (and other related bits) as we haven't received explicit feedback about it via mail yet11:14
popeybut for the widest possible flexibility I don't think we should limit ourselves11:15
dholbacheven if we can't make a decision about it now (no quorum, etc.), it would at least be good data points to keep the discussion going11:15
dholbachyes, popey, I agree with you11:15
dholbachDoes anyone have feedback about this topic at all?11:16
elkyI like the dual-licence idea.11:18
dholbachok... it seems like there's no additional feedback on this, at least not here - if you have additional data points you want the CC to consider, please mail the CC about it11:18
dholbachthanks elky11:18
dholbachpopey, maybe we should bring it up in the next CC meeting (with more data points) and aim to make a decision around that time11:18
dholbachIIRC Greg was pinged about the specific dual-license idea already, so we might have his opinion for the next meeting then11:19
dholbachlet's move on then11:19
dholbach[topic] any other business11:19
MootBotNew Topic:  any other business11:19
dholbachlooks like not :)11:21
dholbach[action] dholbach to produce team report / minutes and find chair for next meeting11:22
MootBotACTION received:  dholbach to produce team report / minutes and find chair for next meeting11:22
MootBotMeeting finished at 06:22.11:22
dholbachthanks everyone11:22
* dholbach hugs popey11:22
popeynext meeting 29th at 21:00 UTC?11:24
dholbachpopey, 5th Apr?11:26
dholbachbut, yes, 21:0011:26
dholbachI don't think we have a fifth thursday of the month rule11:26
popeyok, I'll chair11:27
dholbachthanks popey11:27
dholbachadjourned :)11:27
czajkowskielky: np sorry couldnt stay meetings called11:34
=== e-jat_ is now known as e-jat
=== NattyAlcine is now known as JackyAlcine
=== zul_ is now known as zul
=== Craig_Dem_ is now known as Craig_Dem
=== herton is now known as herton_lunch
=== ogra is now known as Guest56191
=== Guest56191 is now known as ogra_
=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-lunch
=== herton_ is now known as herton
SpamapSTue Mar 15 16:01:58 UTC 201116:02
* smb thinks that is correct16:02
SpamapShallyn: did you forget to update the wiki page?16:04
hallynwho's up?16:04
hallynSpamapS: i didnt run the last mtg16:04
hallynSpamapS: did you forget to update the wiki page? :)16:05
SpamapSLooks like smoser o zul did..16:05
zulthat would be smoser16:06
hallynthe action items look diff from last week's16:06
smoseri updated this morning16:06
smoserit is hallyn's turn to lead16:06
SpamapSahh right16:06
hallynSpamapS: so quit whining16:06
MootBotMeeting started at 11:06. The chair is hallyn.16:06
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:06
SpamapSsmoser: you forgot the header update.16:06
Daviey(sorry i'm late, meeting overan)16:06
SpamapSthats what confused me16:06
smoseri did?16:06
hallyn#topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting16:06
smoserah. yes.16:07
hallyn[TOPIC] Review ACTION points from previous meeting16:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Review ACTION points from previous meeting16:08
hallynDaviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations16:08
hallynDaviey: ^ did that happen?16:08
Davieyhallyn, defer16:09
hallyn[ACTION] Daviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations (deferred)16:09
MootBotACTION received:  Daviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations (deferred)16:09
hallyn[TOPIC] Natty Development16:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Natty Development16:09
hallynRoAkSoAx: around?16:09
hallynrobbiew: around?16:10
robbiewin terms of development for Natty16:10
robbiewnothing huge to bring up16:10
SpamapSupstart ppa would be good16:11
robbiewI need to look at the burndowns, but overall (given we're in feature freeze)...we're fine there16:11
robbiewSpamapS: huh?16:11
SpamapSSorry I typed and hit enter before thinking ;)16:11
robbiewthere is an upstart ppa16:11
robbiewbug wise...there's the eucalyptus/dhcp thing16:11
robbiewand apparently lxc containers broke with latest openstack updates16:11
robbiew(per zul)16:11
ttxyay live migration16:12
robbiewbut no OMG! issues...at least not yet ;)16:12
zulwell i got past that part16:12
DavieyEucalyptus bug, dhcpd - is still a major concern.16:12
Davieybug #71716616:13
ubottuLaunchpad bug 717166 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Natty) "Broken with v4 isc-dhcp-server in Natty" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/71716616:13
hallynDaviey: is everyone who needs to be involved, involved?16:13
Davieyhallyn, Upstream have been chased - but still no update.16:13
hallynno action items to be added here?16:14
SpamapSthis is not related to the dhcp server starting before eth0 is up is it?16:14
hallynrobbiew: any more?16:14
robbiewoh, sorry16:15
robbiewmultitasking :/16:15
DavieySpamapS, different interface to dhcpd.16:15
hallynthanks :)16:15
hallyn[TOPIC] Ubuntu Server Team Events16:15
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Server Team Events16:15
hallynwe're trying to decide on a location for a lxc development mini-conf16:15
hallynpreferably in august (earlier I can't attend, later is... too late :)16:16
hallynany new events?16:16
hallynand, btw, should a link to the list of events be on the meeting page or something?16:16
SpamapSI will be speaking at the mysql UC16:16
SpamapSApril 11 - 1416:17
hallyntopic? :)16:17
SpamapSI am speaking on the 13th and will only be ther 13th/14th16:17
SpamapS"Run Drizzle on Your Narwhal"16:17
MootBotLINK received:  http://en.oreilly.com/mysql2011/public/schedule/detail/1764016:17
hallynoh, hey - ubuntu cloud days counts as an event :)16:18
hallynnext week wed and thu, be there or be square16:18
zulOpen Stack summit next month as well16:18
hallynwho all is going?16:18
SpamapSRight I think thats the next week after the mysql UC16:18
hallynzul: are you going to openstack summit?16:19
zulhallyn: afaik right now yes16:19
hallynok,  anything else?16:19
hallynmoving on...16:19
hallyn[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)16:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)16:19
hggdhwe are still blocked on euca16:20
hallynthe dhcp bug again?16:20
hggdhor still, the bug was open up to last week. I did not receive any updates on it16:20
hggdhthis is starting to be a real issue16:21
hggdhapart from that, life is good16:21
hallynany sort of escalation we can do?  (and action here)  or are we jsut stuck waiting?16:21
hggdhDaviey: ?16:22
Davieyhallyn, I will post a another follow up, raising urgency16:22
hallyn[ACTION] Daviey: post another followup one euca-dhcp bug16:22
MootBotACTION received:  Daviey: post another followup one euca-dhcp bug16:22
hallynthanks Daviey16:22
hallynany questions for hggdh ?16:22
hallynmoving on,16:23
hallyn[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)16:23
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)16:23
smbSo last week mainly was16:23
smb* working on some multipath debugging16:23
smb* looking into some patches proposed for xen and finding there is much more to do (currently doing that)16:24
smbsmoser, btw all the requested patches are in Natty16:24
smosersmb, in a archive kernel ?16:24
smoseror were they already16:24
smbsmoser, So if it does not work there (t1.micro and java) it may be something else16:24
smoserit does not work. at least last i tested.16:25
smoserit is extremely easy to test16:25
smbAll patches seemed to be in since 2.6.3716:25
smoseryeah, i commented in that bug about the version i tested16:25
hallynthanks, smb. any questions for him?16:26
smbAnyway it makes (unfortunately, as it is a lot of work) sense to sync our lucid-ec2 with upstream opensuse16:26
smoseri verified it was present in vmlinuz-2.6.38-2-virtual16:26
smbhallyn, one thing was your backports of kvm patches too. Sent them up today and nudged for a second ack for our lucid tree16:27
smosersmb, there is discussion in bug 73204616:27
ubottuLaunchpad bug 732046 in linux (Ubuntu) "Missing filesystem modules in -virtual package" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73204616:27
hallynsmb: yup, thanks, saw that16:27
smoserbrought up by loic. we have a need for some -virtual module  or config work16:27
smbsmoser, Yeah, I should look into that probably today16:27
smbI think its just missing statements in including files16:27
smoseri'm confused16:28
smoserthe config defintely needs improving to include filesystem modules16:28
smoserthat is true16:28
hallyn[ACTION] smb to look into kernel fs modules config for bug 73204616:28
MootBotACTION received:  smb to look into kernel fs modules config for bug 73204616:28
ubottuLaunchpad bug 732046 in linux (Ubuntu) "Missing filesystem modules in -virtual package" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73204616:28
smoserbut the larger issue is the divergence from -server, which i think is inevitable16:28
smbsmoser, I think the problem is that there is the config and the build modules, but I also saw some sort of use-this-for-packaging file16:29
smbMaybe a bit of a leftover from having virtual not be a real falvour16:29
smoserok. well i will certainly defer to you on that.16:29
smosergoing forward, i would ike -vrtual to be16:29
hallyncan you guys follow up on this offline then?  Sounds like there is some discussion to be had.16:29
smosera.) slimmer than -server16:29
smoserb.) "just work" for as many hypervisors as possible (including built-in)16:30
smosermoving on16:30
hallynthanks.  smb, anything else, else i'll move on16:30
smbI am done16:30
hallyn[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)16:30
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)16:30
hallynsommer is not here16:31
hallyn[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community16:31
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community16:31
hallyndo we have a proxy for the community?16:31
hallynwe have a volunteer!16:31
kim0hey guys16:32
kim0just want to mention16:32
hallynivoks: with natty release coming up...  anything in particular concerning you?16:32
kim0that cloud days is next Wed 23-2416:32
ivokshallyn: add vlan package to CD and possibly instaled by default16:32
kim0Please spread the news :)16:32
ttxwas wondering about the "Ubuntu Server Task Forces", should we still push that for Natty ?16:33
ttxDaviey: ^ still on your radar ?16:33
hallynivoks: wasn't there a blueprint regarding vlan?16:33
ivoksi'm not aware of...16:33
SpamapSkim0: are there open slots for topics?16:33
ivokshallyn: i've been out of server development for some time16:33
kim0SpamapS: We can always increase it16:33
kim0so yes absolutely16:33
Davieyttx, yes!16:33
kim0SpamapS: what would you like to shoot16:33
Davieyttx, Will talk out of band to you.16:34
SpamapSkim0: I was thinking about doing an ensemble demo.16:34
hallynSpamapS: cool!16:34
kim0SpamapS: mm that would be awesome :)16:34
RoAkSoAxSpamapS: indeed16:34
SpamapSI'll ask the ensemble team if they'd like to be involved.16:34
SpamapSkim0: will get back to you tomorrow (no need for an ACTION item ;)16:35
ivokshallyn: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/cloud-server-n-virtual-networking ?16:35
kim0SpamapS: perhaps it could be two sessions .. one explaining concepts, and one a hands on demo16:35
ivokshallyn: no, that's not it... this is cloud related16:35
SpamapSkim0: sure.. I like to start w/ the demo, then explain what sort of black magic we just did. ;)16:35
* kim0 nods16:35
hallynivoks: but that's the one i was thinking i'm afraid16:35
ivokshallyn: issue we have is that if you install ubuntu server in an evironment where VLAN is requried to get internet access, you are in pain16:36
ivoks(at least on lucid, vlan package isn't even on CD)16:36
SpamapSthere's a "vlan" package?16:36
hallynivoks: sounds like a good request for UDS-o decision?16:37
SpamapSI would have thought ifconfig can handle it16:37
ivoksSpamapS: vconfig16:37
ivoksand ifconfig is old and obsolete16:37
RoAkSoAxvlan tagging is done by switches, but if you use a linux box to do vlan tagging then yes it is needed16:37
ivokshallyn: sure16:38
hallyndo we have a list of server uds topics started yet, that we could add this to?16:38
zulhallyn: not yet16:39
ivokswe had package review every uds; i hope that didn't change :)16:39
zuloh it has :)16:39
ivoksit was always best fun :)16:39
hallynok, there seems to be no good place to stash this action right now.  I'll put it in my tickler for may16:40
* ttx has a few ideas for universe demotin that would clear up plenty of CD space.16:40
hallynttx: and youll be bringing those up?16:40
hallynat uds?16:40
ttxhallyn: not sure that would be politically correct, but yes, I'll be there16:40
SpamapSttx: we're not getting rid of eucalyptus damnit!16:40
SpamapSsheesh.. openstack guys think they invented post-its16:40
* hallyn slaps his forehead16:40
hallynall right, moving on :)16:41
hallyn[TOPIC] Open Discussio16:41
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussio16:41
hallynDST is not a valid topic.  anything else?16:41
SpamapSDoes anyone feel that the meeting format needs some streamlining?16:41
ivokscan't tell... this is my first in a long time16:42
hallyn[TOPIC] Announce next meeting date and time16:42
MootBotNew Topic:  Announce next meeting date and time16:42
hallynTuesday, March 22 2011 16:00 UTC16:42
hallynthanks, everyone16:42
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:42.16:42
ivoksthank you16:42
SpamapSOk.. I hallyn nice!16:42
hallynSpamapS: ?16:42
SpamapSI meant to say "I digress"16:43
SpamapSand then  hallyn: nice!16:43
ttxSpamapS: your mind goes faster than your fingers.16:43
SpamapSttx: like a robot monkey w/ a new battery16:43
hallynthat's bc he keeps getting marshmellows stuck in his keys16:44
hallyn(sorry, got the munchies)16:44
kim0SpamapS: It would be great if you can write a getting-started page describing how ensemble formulas interact, in a way a newbie can understand. I'll be happy to help with that also16:45
SpamapSkim0: indeed.. thats on the list for sure. :)16:46
kim0awesome :)16:46
=== TheHarald is now known as apachelogger
=== Ursinha-lunch is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== JayFo is now known as JFo
MootBotMeeting started at 12:00. The chair is bjf.17:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]17:00
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:00
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty17:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty17:00
bjf# Meeting Etiquette17:00
bjf# NOTE: '..' indicates that you are finished with your input.17:00
bjf#       'o/' indicates you have something you'd like to add (wait until you are recognized)17:00
bjf[TOPIC] ARM Status (bjf)17:00
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Status (bjf)17:00
bjf  * The Kernel team has a new ARM developer.17:00
bjf  * The existing MVL Dove regression has been resolved and a new package will be uploaded.17:00
bjf[TOPIC] Release Metrics (JFo)17:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Release Metrics (JFo)17:00
JFoRelease Meeting Bugs (9 bugs, 9 Blueprints)17:00
JFo==== Beta 1 Milestoned Bugs (104 across all packages (down 2)) ====17:00
JFo * 8 linux kernel bugs (up 2)17:00
JFo * 0 linux-ti-omap bugs (no change)17:00
JFo * 0 linux-meta-ti-omap bug (no change)17:00
JFo==== Release Targeted Bugs (293 across all packages (down 11)) ====17:00
JFo * 22 linux kernel bugs (up 2)17:00
JFo * 0 linux-ti-omap bugs (no change)17:01
JFo * 0 linux-meta-ti-omap bug (no change)17:01
JFo==== Milestoned Features ====17:01
JFo * 7 blueprints (Including HWE Blueprints)17:01
JFo==== Maverick Updates Bugs ====17:01
JFo * 71 Linux Bugs (up 2)17:01
JFo==== Lucid Updates Bugs ====17:01
JFo * 94 Linux Bugs (no change)17:01
JFo==== Bugs with Patches Attached:80 (up 1) ====17:01
JFo * [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.has_patch=on | Bugs with Patches]]17:01
JFo * [[http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/csv-stats/bugs-with-patches/linux/ | Breakdown by status]]17:01
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: Natty Bug Handling (JFo)17:01
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/hardware-kernel-n-bug-handling17:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: Natty Bug Handling (JFo)17:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/hardware-kernel-n-bug-handling17:01
JFo* Andy and I will review the remaining items to see if any will be postponed.17:02
JFoAdditionally, I will be finishing up several that have been put off of completion17:02
JFodue to other priorities taking precedence.17:02
bjf[TOPIC] Status: General Natty (apw)17:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: General Natty (apw)17:02
apwThe natty kernel is now at v2.6.38-6.34 (v2.6.38-rc8 based).  We have had some instability due to compiler changes from Linaro, but seem to be coming out the other side.  v2.6.38 dropped today and kernels are in test prior to upload.  We remain concentrated on bug squashing for Natty.  One area of concern is an interaction between vesafb and drmfb during boot, in some cases we are triggering gpu hangs; a prototype startup wherein we load vesafb later17:02
apwis in test.  We are closing in on Beta-1 freeze which is a week on thursday.17:02
bjf[TOPIC] Status: Stable Kernel Team (sconklin / bjf)17:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Stable Kernel Team (sconklin / bjf)17:03
bjf * This week is the start of yet another stable kernel release cycle. I'm in the process of getting git repos in shape and packages put together.17:03
bjf * A request for feedback has gone out regarding the kernel SRU workflow. The proposal can be found at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/kernel-sru-workflow17:03
bjf[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Maverick/Lucid/Karmic/Hardy/Dapper (sconklin / bjf)17:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Maverick/Lucid/Karmic/Hardy/Dapper (sconklin / bjf)17:03
bjf|| Package                                    || Upd/Sec              || Proposed             ||  TiP || Verified ||17:03
bjf||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:03
bjf|| dapper   linux-source-2.6.15               || 2.6.15-55.93         || 2.6.15-57.94         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:03
bjf|| ---      linux-meta                        ||            ||            ||    0 ||        0 ||17:03
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen
bjf|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.15    || 2.6.15-55.13         || 2.6.15-57.15         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:03
bjf||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:03
bjf|| hardy    linux-meta                        ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:04
bjf|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.24-28.86         || 2.6.24-29.87         ||    1 ||        1 ||17:04
bjf||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:04
bjf|| karmic   linux-ec2                         || 2.6.31-307.27        || 2.6.31-308.28        ||    2 ||        2 ||17:04
bjf|| ---      linux-ports-meta                  ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:04
bjf|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.31-22.73         || 2.6.31-23.74         ||    1 ||        1 ||17:04
bjf|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.31    || 2.6.31-22.24         || 2.6.31-23.25         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:04
bjf|| ---      linux-meta                        ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:04
bjf|| ---      linux-meta-ec2                    ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:04
bjf||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:04
bjf|| lucid    linux-ports-meta                  ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:04
bjf|| ---      linux-mvl-dove                    || 2.6.32-211.27        || 2.6.32-214.30        ||   20 ||       20 ||17:04
bjf|| ---      linux-meta-mvl-dove               ||        ||        ||    0 ||        0 ||17:04
bjf|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.32    || 2.6.32-29.28         || 2.6.32-30.29         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:04
bjf|| ---      linux-firmware                    || 1.34.4               || 1.34.7               ||    0 ||        0 ||17:04
bjf|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.32-29.58         || 2.6.32-30.59         ||    3 ||        3 ||17:04
bjf|| ---      linux-fsl-imx51                   || 2.6.31-608.22        || 2.6.31-608.25        ||    0 ||        0 ||17:04
bjf|| ---      linux-meta                        ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:04
bjf||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:04
bjf|| maverick linux-ports-meta                  ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
bjf|| ---      linux-mvl-dove                    ||                      || 2.6.32-414.30        ||    9 ||        9 ||17:05
bjf|| ---      linux-meta-mvl-dove               ||                      ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
bjf|| ---      linux-firmware                    || 1.38.4               || 1.38.5               ||    1 ||        1 ||17:05
bjf|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.35-27.48         || 2.6.35-28.49         ||    4 ||        4 ||17:05
bjf|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.35    || 2.6.35-27.18         || 2.6.35-28.19         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
bjf|| ---      linux-meta                        ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:05
bjf||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:05
bjf[TOPIC] Status: HW Cert. Team  (ara)17:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: HW Cert. Team  (ara)17:05
araThis week we finised testing both the Maverick and the Lucid kernel. Results are publicly available:17:05
ara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/sru-testing/wk10_2011/lucid-proposed.html17:05
ara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/sru-testing/wk10_2011/maverick-proposed.html17:05
araAll the 75 systems passed the SRU tests (the minor errors are problems with the script themselves).17:05
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/sru-testing/wk10_2011/lucid-proposed.html17:05
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/sru-testing/wk10_2011/maverick-proposed.html17:05
araSo, from our side, they are good to go.17:05
araWe updated the tracking bugs with this information as well.17:05
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)17:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)17:06
JFoIncoming Bugs17:06
JFo 297 Natty Bugs (up 72)17:06
JFo 1218 Maverick Bugs (up 18)17:06
JFo 1034 Lucid Bugs (up 3)17:06
JFoCurrent regression stats (broken down by release):17:06
JFo==== regression-update ====17:06
JFo  * 40 maverick bugs (no change)17:06
JFo  * 74 lucid bugs (down 2)17:06
JFo  * 7 karmic bugs (no change)17:06
JFo  * 0 hardy bugs (no change)17:06
JFo==== regression-release ====17:06
JFo  * 131 natty bugs (up 37)17:06
JFo  * 240 maverick bugs (up 6)17:06
JFo  * 221 lucid bugs (no change)17:06
JFo  * 38 karmic bugs (no change)17:06
JFo  * 2 hardy bugs (no change)17:06
JFo==== regression-proposed ====17:06
JFo  * 5 natty bugs (up 4)17:06
JFo  * 0 maverick bugs (no change)17:06
JFo  * 1 lucid bugs (up 1)17:06
JFo  * 0 karmic bug (no change)17:06
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)17:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)17:07
JFoLast week's bug day was a success. We had several individuals helping to triage17:07
JFonew state bugs and we got a number of them triaged and into the proper status.17:07
JFoThe next bug day will be next Tuesday. The focus will be on bugs in the confirmed state.17:07
bjf[TOPIC] Triage Status (JFo)17:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Triage Status (JFo)17:07
JFoThere is always tremendous interest in having me look at a particular bug here and there.17:07
JFoI am stillworking to get these interested parties to approach me in the pulblic channel17:07
JFoversus currently getting pinged in private windows.17:07
JFoWe have had some further interest in working bugs from individuals geared toward beginning17:07
JFodevice driver and module work. As much as it pains me, we had to explain that bugs were17:07
JFolikely not the best way to go to get into module development. :-)17:07
bjf[TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions: Raise your hand to be recognized (o/)17:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion or Questions: Raise your hand to be recognized (o/)17:08
bjfwelcome back ogasawara !!!17:08
JFowoo hoo!!!17:09
araogasawara, welcome back!17:09
Sarvatt\o/ welcome back!17:09
apwwe can all take a vaction now17:09
ppisatihi :)17:09
JFooh thank god17:09
* JFo passes out17:09
bjfthanks everyone17:10
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:10.17:10
JFothanks bjf17:10
arathanks bjf17:10
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== smb` is now known as smb
JanCwill there be a loco-council meeting?21:14
JanCczajkowski: ^^^ ?21:15
czajkowskiJanC: on a podcast!21:15
czajkowskiwith popey21:16
czajkowski4 others not here...21:16
JanCczajkowski: let me know when the meeting gets rescheduled?  ☺21:17
czajkowskinext month21:18
huatsam I late ?21:20
huatsI am sure I am...21:20
huatssorry about that21:20
YoBoYhuats: seems everyone was late, meeting rescheduled next month21:21
huatsYoBoY, oh... thanks :)21:21
YoBoYde rien président :)21:22
khrmGood. I am going to sleep. Its 3am here21:22
huatsI am going to eat  then :)21:25

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!