locodir-userI would like to learn how to program in the GNU/Linux environment any pointers?03:15
YoBoYgood morning06:55
dholbachgood morning07:46
=== daker_ is now known as daker
dholbachmhall119, cjohnston: did you have a chat with Bilal about the HoF?10:15
mhall119not yet, is he done with his exams?13:06
nigelbI think yes13:09
nigelbI saw something of that extent today some time13:09
locodir-userhi how do you do 13:47
RonnieWe have a new locodir-user record, 16 seconds after asking, (s)he left the room13:51
YoBoYit's me making a simple test14:14
locodir-test-useThe alert message when we want to quit the page is short and can have more informations in it in relation of the time to stay to have an answer :)14:17
czajkowskicjohnston: mhall119 what do yiu think https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+bug/73620816:16
czajkowskiis that possible 16:16
ubot4`Launchpad bug 736208 in loco-directory "Team name in the URL for an event would be great (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New]16:16
mhall119czajkowski: I think it's valid, something I've considered in the past16:17
czajkowskipopey: ^^^16:18
czajkowskipopey: me too the descriptive bug please :) 16:20
czajkowskisee not a 1 liner 16:20
* popey looks for a full stop16:22
YoBoYsomthing like "loco.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-uk/2011/03/19/rugby_meet_up" ?16:23
* czajkowski hands popey the pedantic book 16:23
popeyone line :)16:23
czajkowskiYoBoY: yes, something that has Ubuntu-uk in it would be great 16:23
popey$teamname, $eventname16:23
popeynot sure about $yyyy $mm $dd tbh16:24
czajkowskiteam name /event name would be nice alright 16:24
YoBoYthe date can help for referencing16:25
mhall119okay, now you're asking for a lot16:26
YoBoYbut yes, it's just an idea16:26
mhall119I was just going to do /events/ubuntu-uk/$$$/detail16:26
* YoBoY hugs mhall119 16:26
mhall119and by "I" I mean probably Ronnie 16:27
czajkowskimhall119: yes event/teamname/detail is good 16:30
czajkowskipleae 16:30
czajkowskiplease 16:30
* czajkowski hugs mhall119 16:30
YoBoYbtw why the /detail ? can't we just have http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/615 ? it's not enought information for the default view ?16:32
mhall119YoBoY: I think we currently use /detail16:34
mhall119don't we?16:34
mhall119we do16:35
mhall119so I was going with the "Don't make more changes than is necessary"16:35
YoBoYyes, I was just thinking if django is like some  php frameworks I used, it should have a great rewrite url engine and a default view parameter to simplify urls and not display unnecessary parameters16:38
Ronnieczajkowski: what if an event consitst of 2 teams?17:01
YoBoYthis is possible, an event registered with 2 teams ?17:06
Ronnieno, but the database is ready17:21
Ronniei created a function which returns the first team17:21
Ronnieshould be OK for now17:21
Ronnieso the bug is fixed now, but ill add the same for venues and meetings17:22
Ronnieczajkowski: ^17:22
czajkowskironnie only one team xan create the event uness its a global event17:23
Ronnieczajkowski: yes, its a limitation of the interface, the backend code is different. but because the limitation of the interface i can pick the first team without function loss17:25
mhall119Ronnie: first team would be fine, we'll still have the event id in the URL, so technically would could pull it up whatever the team name part says17:30
YoBoYRonnie: you want to make something like in launchpad and the subscribe function where you can subscribe a team where you are in ? (for exemple https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+subscribe )17:34
mhall119Ronnie: venues don't have a team association17:37
RonnieYoBoY: there are other thing i want to do first (multi team page for example)17:38
mhall119so I don't think you'll be able to do the same for them17:38
Ronniemhall119: your right17:38
Ronniei nituced that when i wanted to change17:38
Ronniemhall119: could we use country for that?17:38
mhall119we should add a "Primary team" or something to venues, it'll help us filter the list too17:39
YoBoYRonnie: that was just a question ;)17:39
YoBoY+1 for the venues, country should be better http://loco.ubuntu.com/venue/country/ID...17:40
RonnieAlmost done17:44
Ronniemhall119: we need to so something to speed up import-live-data17:46
mhall119Ronnie: yeah, 90% of the users we probably don't need17:46
Ronnieit takes very long now, and will be even longer in the future17:46
mhall119Ronnie: it's not to bad loading into postgres, it's sqlite on ext4 that is slow17:47
Ronniemhall119: your rigth, but its a pain for developers17:47
Ronniecould we make somehow a daily sqlite3 clone?17:48
Ronniemhall119: event 337 has no team attached (database error)17:50
mhall119not good17:50
Ronniei build a check so the pages dont crash17:56
Ronniebut its not good indeed17:56
mhall119what pages crashed?17:59
Ronniethe event list18:00
Ronniecan somebody write a regular expression for countryies (space allowed?)18:01
mhall119loco.ubuntu.com/events/ works for me18:01
Ronnieyes, but not with the new code, which require team.lp_name in the url18:01
mhall119I guess just default it to using 'teams' if no team is attached18:03
Ronniebut a tean cannot be 'null' in the database setup18:04
Ronnieits a database inconsistency18:04
mhall119well it's a manytomany between team and event, so it will allow not having any18:05
Ronnieoh, its manytomany indeed18:06
Ronnieill see what i can do18:06
Ronniesomebody on the regex?18:06
mhall119what do you need the regex for?18:06
Ronniethe county filter in the urls.py18:06
mhall119matching a country in the url?18:07
mhall119either [\w\s]+ or [^\/]+18:08
mhall119I think will work18:08
mhall119if this is going to cause too many problems or complexity, just tell czajkowski that she can't have it18:09
Ronnieits almost finished ;)18:10
mhall119Ronnie: make sure the old-style URLs will still work for lookups18:11
Ronniemhall119: any suggestions on that one?18:11
Ronniedidnt take that in mind18:11
mhall119just leave the old urlconf line18:11
Ronniemhall119: but then we need to write 2 functions? (one which 'wrap' the old function ?)18:12
mhall119you shouldn't need to, no18:13
mhall119you can point 2 urlconfs to the same view18:13
Ronniebut one has more parameters than the other, wouldn't that cause problems?18:13
mhall119the view doesn't need any extra parameters18:14
mhall119the view can ignore the team name, all it needs is the event id18:14
czajkowskimhall119: eh she just filed it as a bug, wasn't looking for it to be done today. 18:14
czajkowskimhall119: eh she was quiet happy with it being a wish list 18:14
mhall119czajkowski: I meant if it was going to put a bunch of complex hacks all over LD in order to make it work18:15
=== daker is now known as daker_
Ronniemhall119: done https://code.launchpad.net/~ronnie.vd.c/loco-directory/736208-url-name/+merge/5368318:54
mhall119dang you're fast18:57
Ronnieits about the quality, not the speed. but i hope the first is good too ;)18:58
RonnieYoboy https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+bug/72337519:53
ubot4`Launchpad bug 723375 in loco-directory "Problem with the menus and some translations (affects: 2) (heat: 8)" [High,Confirmed]19:53
YoBoYupdating my local branch19:55
YoBoYRonnie: do I need to do some database update ?19:56
Ronnienot that im aware of, but an "./manage.py migrate"  is always safe19:56
czajkowskimhall119: any idea where I'd find the mail archive of the annoucement of the meeting feature on the LD ?20:02
Ronniecjohnston: do you know if this merged fix works: https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+bug/728766 , if yes, the status can go to "Fix Committed"20:02
ubot4`Launchpad bug 728766 in loco-directory "Crash when running lpupdate (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Critical,Confirmed]20:02
mhall119czajkowski: good question, let me see if I can find it20:03
YoBoYthe top menu is really great, I like it (don't like the order :p )20:03
YoBoYRonnie: I haven't anymore the space between the menus20:04
Ronniegreat, bug solved20:05
YoBoYRonnie: don't sure if it's 100% solved, you deleted the login item, but what if the translations break that again ? ^^"20:07
mhall119czajkowski: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/loco-contacts/2011-February/005226.html20:07
czajkowskimhall119: thanks 20:08
RonnieYoBoY: in the future probably loco-council and about-loco will be merged20:08
YoBoYgreat idea :p20:08
Ronnietill then, keep the translation strings not too long20:08
YoBoYI'll try20:08
Ronniei know its difficult in french20:09
Ronniethe dutch version is also longer than the english one20:09
mhall119you guys can use a non-exact translation if it's shorter and gets the same meaning across20:10
YoBoYnot really difficult, the translators don't really use the loco directory, so it's not well translated at the moment, most of the string can be shortened20:11
Ronniemhall119: were not in trouble here, if we were, i know some items which could be shorter here20:11
Ronniemhall119: there is a list of merge request waiting, do you need information on these, or didn't you have the time to review?20:18
mhall119Ronnie: probably lack of time on my part20:18
Ronniethats ok, we stay volunteers ;)20:18
czajkowskimhall119: cjohnston Ronnie evening, meet airurando20:55
mhall119good evening airurando 20:55
Ronniehe airurando20:55
czajkowskiwe;re just chatting in our meeting and the meeting feature came up 20:55
czajkowskionce the meeting is over 20:58
czajkowskiairurando: has some thoughts20:59
mhall119and code?21:00
jonoeffie_jayx, btw, apologies for the continued delay, my video camera has gone missing21:01
airurandoevening everyone21:02
jonobut I think it is at a friends house who is checking for it21:02
airurandomhall119 no code unfortunately21:02
czajkowskiairurando: what are the comments, maybe it doesnt need code 21:02
airurandofor the meeting events could we have a tab for past meetings on the team page just as we do for past events?21:03
airurandowhen populating the agenda could we type in proposer as not all agenda item proposers for our meetings are registered21:04
Ronnieairurando: at the moment, the space does not allow it to put it there21:04
Ronniethere is a new design for the team page http://ubuntuone.com/p/eF8/ maybe it fits there21:05
airurandoRonnie thats nice.21:06
czajkowskimoylan: ello 21:06
Ronnieairurando: dut even in the new design there is not space reserved for past events/meetings21:07
Ronniedo you think the link should be on the teams page21:07
moylanczajkowski:hi, looking forward to been in dublin where you can procure a decent sozzie sambo?21:07
Ronnieor could it on the teams events / meetings overveiw page?21:07
mhall119airurando: if you click "All Meetings", that page has a "Past Meetings"21:07
czajkowskimoylan: first thing I do after the meeting on Monday! 21:07
airurandomhall119 Ah. I didn't see that.  That is exactly what I wanted.  21:09
airurandoRonnie. mhall119 has the answer.21:10
airurandonow onto my second query21:10
czajkowskisee not code :) 21:10
airurandoany thoughts on manual entry for agenda item proposer?21:10
effie_jayxjono: that's terrible21:10
airurandoczajkowski yo are absolutely right.21:11
effie_jayxjono: hope you find it... the severed fifth stuff is cool. a video like that would be good ;)21:11
effie_jayxquality is ok I mean.21:11
effie_jayxjono: you should try to get into That Metal Show... :P21:11
* effie_jayx runs21:11
czajkowskiairurando: I fully believe having teams coming in here and discuss things makes things a lot easier for everyone all round 21:11
Ronnieairurando: i didt understand your second question21:12
airurandoRonnie OK21:13
Ronniecould you formulate it another way?21:14
airurandoWhen I tried to backfill the agenda items from our wiki page for the january LoCo Dir meeting some of the proposers were not available for selection on the list.21:14
czajkowskiahhh can you only select certain people from a list 21:15
Ronnieairurando: that means these people didnt register on loco.ubuntu.com i think21:15
airurandoproposer = owner21:15
airurandoyes Ronnie21:16
Ronniewe could make a normal input field for it, but i think its not desired21:16
airurandobut I would like the flexibility to be there for those folks21:17
Ronniemhall119: ^ what are your toughts?21:17
YoBoYit's in the bug 71404021:17
czajkowskiairurando: to help us understand 21:17
ubot4`Launchpad bug 714040 in loco-directory "missing Team Members (affects: 1) (heat: 7)" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/71404021:17
czajkowskiis this for people who are not registed to be part of the loco but want to add stuff to the meeting 21:18
airurandoat the moment the LoCo Dir is more restrictive in this regard than the wiki system21:18
airurandoczajkowski I'm not sure of the ins and outs of registrations21:19
airurandobut infoturtle and imgarysmith can't log an agenda item in the loCo Dir while the can on the wiki.21:19
czajkowskiare they a member of the Irish LoCo 21:20
airurandono idea21:20
airurandodon't know if they are registered on the website only or launchpad or whatever21:21
czajkowski airurando he is https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-ie/+members#active21:21
airurandoczajkowski  both are21:22
airurandothanks for that21:23
airurandoso whats required?21:23
Ronnielogging in once to loco.ubuntu.com21:23
czajkowskiRonnie: but surely they are if they are trying to add meeting agenda to it, they are logging in...21:23
airurandoRonnie we are experiencing some resistance to this.21:24
Ronniei can imagine21:24
airurandoto clarify21:24
Ronniefor now a normal textbox could do21:24
Ronniebut im not aware of the future plans21:24
airurandothey may never have tried to add to the loco dir21:24
airurandothis could just be a problem with the transition21:24
airurandoif we switch from the wiki to the LoCo Dir completely then that should fix it.21:25
Ronniethat should fix it, but i dont know if thats the desired behaviour21:26
airurandothe problem became apparent when I tried to transcribe the january agenda from the wiki21:26
Ronniethere are a lot of people working on loco's that are not registred on launchpad or loco.ubuntu.com21:28
Ronniein our loco we encourage people to register, but its not a requirement for 'belonging to our loco team'21:29
airurandoRonnie: would a comment section field be possible?21:32
Ronniecomments on agenda items?21:32
airurandoif a registered member populates the agenda for A.N Other then the owner name could be manually inserted.21:33
Ronniethere is an description field isnt there?21:34
Ronnieor do you want an additional field for such things?21:35
airurandoRonnie: No, perhaps the description field will do.21:36
RonnieAgain no coding :D21:37
Ronnieairurando: if you have additional questions / ideas21:37
Ronniefeel free to ask them (even when they do need coding)21:37
YoBoYcan't we just enter a launchpad OpenID URL to make the link to a non-yet-registered user ?21:37
Ronnieopenid url, no. LP username maybe, but thats gonna be hard21:38
airurandoRonnie, mhall119: thanks so much for the help.21:38
YoBoYRonnie: yes launchpad url or just the username :p21:39
Ronniei know it can cause a lot of openid troubles if we want to implement that21:40
Ronniebut it could be a very nice feature21:40
Ronniewho are going to the UDS-O ?21:44
YoBoYdon't decided yet ^^"21:45
YoBoYyou are going Ronnie ?21:48
Ronnienot decided to apply for sponsorship. never been to an uds21:48
YoBoYI was at the uds-m last year, really great :)21:53

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!