=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== deegee_ is now known as deegee
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== ogra is now known as Guest67326
=== Guest67326 is now known as ogra_
=== Claudinux_ is now known as Claudinux
=== nijaba_afk is now known as nijaba
=== ogra_ is now known as ogra
=== chuck_ is now known as zul
=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== JanC_ is now known as JanC
=== timc is now known as Guest62490
=== chuck_ is now known as zul
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha-lunch
zulwho is running the meeting?15:58
raphinkhello :)15:58
jamespagezul: SpamapS15:59
jamespage(according to the wiki)15:59
zulgood good16:00
jamespagespeak of the devil and he shall appear!16:00
* SpamapS parks the ti-fighter16:00
SpamapSWell then, lets not delay16:00
MootBotMeeting started at 11:01. The chair is SpamapS.16:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:01
SpamapS[TOPIC] Review ACTION points from previous meeting16:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Review ACTION points from previous meeting16:01
SpamapSDaviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations (deferred)16:01
Davieydammit... deferred.16:02
SpamapS[ACTION] Daviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations (deferred)16:02
MootBotACTION received:  Daviey to talk with wider docs team regarding translations (deferred)16:02
SpamapSDaviey to post another followup one euca-dhcp bug.16:02
DavieyThat is making progress, but not as good as we had hoped16:02
DavieyHave been in contact with upstream, cjwatson and security team and Debian Maintainer.16:03
Daviey(of isc-dhcp)16:03
sorenWhich bug is this?16:03
DavieyIt's likely it needs a patch to resolve a potential regression16:03
SpamapSyes bug number would be helpful16:03
Davieysoren, one mo16:03
Davieybug #71716616:04
ubottuLaunchpad bug 717166 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Natty) "Broken with v4 isc-dhcp-server in Natty" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/71716616:04
SpamapSDaviey: shall we carry that over to next week as well then?16:04
DavieySpamapS, it's being followed up on... please16:04
SpamapS[ACTION] Daviey to post another followup one euca-dhcp bug.16:04
MootBotACTION received:  Daviey to post another followup one euca-dhcp bug.16:04
SpamapSsmb to look into kernel fs modules config for bug 73204616:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 732046 in linux (Ubuntu Maverick) "Missing filesystem modules in -virtual package" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73204616:05
SpamapSsmb: want to cover that during your time later?16:05
smbI think there was the missing codepage sumbmitted for sru16:05
smbits ok now as well16:05
smbAn extra modules package is rather unlikely16:06
smbBut rather have a limited set (what is really needed) in the virtual build16:06
SpamapSalright that seems covered16:07
SpamapS[TOPIC] Natty Development16:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Natty Development16:07
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-server-ubuntu-11.04-beta-1.html16:08
SpamapSSeems we need to pick up the pace or start postponing16:08
SpamapSwow.. lively bunch.. don't everybody talk at once please.16:09
* smb did a natty server install and feels aubergine...16:10
SpamapSSo anyway, we should be hovering around 75% completion16:10
SpamapSsmb: ^516:10
SpamapSMoving on..16:10
RoAkSoAxSpamapS: sir yes sir :P16:10
SpamapS[TOPIC] Ubuntu Server Team Events16:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Server Team Events16:11
RoAkSoAxTLF, April 2nd, both kirkland and I are presenting16:11
SpamapSAs noted previously, I will be at the MySQL User's Conference April 13/14, speaking on April 13 about Drizzle on Natty.16:11
SpamapSwhats TLF?16:11
kirklandand UDS-O is comming up16:11
kirklandTexas Linux Fest, SpamapS16:11
robbiewTexas Linux Fest16:11
jamespagegood luck!16:11
raphinkthe lone star conf16:12
SpamapSI blieve sponsorship nominations for UDS-O are due by next Tuesday right?16:12
SpamapSIs there a wiki page or google calendar with only Ubuntu Server related events?16:13
SpamapSThat would be cool.. ;)16:13
SpamapS[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)16:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)16:13
zulare you starting one? :)16:14
SpamapShggdh: here? got anything?16:14
hggdhOnly update from me: Daviey and I are trying the change to DHCP proposed by Euca, but no success yet16:14
* hggdh was typing :-)16:15
hggdhand dear jamespage is bringing on Jenkins for real :-)16:15
* SpamapS gets all giddy16:15
hggdhquestions for me?16:15
hggdha last point, really: I would like ideas on *what* we can test for server16:16
SpamapShggdh: what is the average air speed velocity of an unladen Macaw?16:16
hggdhSpamapS, slightly faster than a, er, laden, one16:17
hallynlibvirt-tck and kvm-autotest :)16:17
SpamapShggdh: boot, install a package from the seed, shutdown, boot back up.. see if the root fs was unmounted properly. ;)16:17
* hggdh goes writing down16:17
SpamapShggdh: jhunt and I are going to propose jenkins jobs that do that on every upload.16:17
hggdhSpamapS, perfect!16:18
jamespageSpamapS: sounds good16:18
hggdhhallyn, kvm-autotest... will look at it.16:18
SpamapSjamespage: I'm so glad you say that and not "thats impossible!!"16:18
SpamapSok lets move on16:18
SpamapS[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)16:18
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)16:18
* smb thinks people aught to know he is feeling very depressed (about Xen)16:18
smbApart from that16:19
hallynhggdh: cool.  i have some work to do for ubuntu guests.16:19
jamespagehggdh: everythings possible with Jenkins...16:19
smbthere is one thing I wanted to bring up16:19
smbbug 72009516:19
ubottuLaunchpad bug 720095 in linux (Ubuntu) "vsftpd causes a vmalloc space leak in Lucid" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72009516:19
smbLooking at that basically brought up that having NET_NS (network namespaces) enabled in Lucid was not the best idea16:20
smbBecause teardown is slow as hell16:20
smbIT was done to support some containerize stuff, the question to the server-team would be, how loud would be the expected complaining and shouting should we need to disable it16:21
smbhallyn, 1 namespace per second16:21
smbwhile you easily can create 8 in the same time16:21
hallynis there a cherrypickable fix?16:21
smbThat is sort of the problem16:22
smbI have not really found a smallish change (yet) and not sure there is one16:22
hallynlots of ppl using lxc on lucid, so turning off is not really an option16:22
smbThere has been a long series of changes towards Maverick16:22
smbthat batched up destruction16:22
hallynyeah it rings a bell16:23
SpamapSis it possible to use the maverick kernel on lucid for heavy lxc usage?16:23
hallynwhat do other distros do?16:23
smbThe last hope is to try whether locking could be relaxed in inet_twsk_purge, but that is probably neither simple16:23
hallynthey may have a patch...16:23
smbWell, the option was marked experimental at that time16:23
smbNot sure they use it16:23
hallynwhich means little :)16:24
smbSpamapS, The problem seems to be in that case that there is other problems somewhere else preventing to use the maverick kernel16:24
SpamapSalso can you boot a lucid guest on LXC from maverick?16:24
hallynwell i dont mind tracking thagt down next week16:24
smbSpamapS, don't now (boot lucid gues on lxc)16:25
hallynbut that won't ease user's minds who want stable host16:25
smbI have been making a backport for the approach of queuing /batching ns destrucktion16:25
smbfrom upstream16:25
hallynwho from?16:26
smbThough it seems to work, it is 6 or 7 patches16:26
SpamapShallyn: if they start w/ natty, that will get them to the next LTS .. so its not the worst thing.16:26
smbfrom between 2.6.32 and 2.6.3516:26
smbSide effect is that connection speed goes down16:26
SpamapSsmb: how likely is that to be SRU'able?16:26
smbI mean the rate of connects to the vsftp server16:26
hallyncnxn spd?16:26
hallynyou mean veth data rate?16:27
hallynor dev creation?16:27
smbSpamapS, Only in emergencies I geuss16:27
smbhallyn, rather dev creation I guess16:27
smb(its similar in Maverick)16:27
smbI just don't know whether that could be seen as a regression in Lucid16:28
hallynthere will be loud cries if netns is turned off in lucid16:28
smbAnyway. That was mainly what I wanted to know. :)16:28
hallynsmb: thx :)16:29
SpamapSsmb: anything else?16:29
smbother questions?16:29
smbdoes not seem to16:29
smbso I am done16:30
SpamapSsmb: thx!16:30
SpamapS[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)16:30
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)16:30
SpamapSSo .. sommer has I think officially disappeared. Should we approach the ubuntu doc team about our need for a server guide maintainer?16:30
SpamapShaha whoops16:32
SpamapSanyway, server guide bugs are mounting. :-P16:32
SpamapSHah ok glad we have consensus16:32
jamespagesounds like we need to16:33
SpamapS[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community16:33
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community16:33
kim0Howdy folks .. Just a reminder that Ubuntu Cloud Days is tomorrow 4pm UTC .. Please spread/tweet/dent ...etc16:33
kim0Updates to the schedule include an OpenStack session, thanks soren16:33
kim0A Eucalyptus session thanks obino, and Daviey has made up his mind and doing puppet :) Thanks Daviey16:33
kim0That's basically all for me16:33
* SpamapS will be doing a demo of Ensemble as well16:33
* Daviey screams.16:33
kim0Rock n Roll @SpamapS16:34
hallynDaviey: sshhhh16:34
SpamapSkim0: dekujume moc! (thank you very much)16:34
SpamapS[TOPIC] Open Discussion16:34
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion16:34
SpamapShallyn: go!16:34
SpamapS[hallyn] Reduce meeting notes delivery duplication? (blog post only, perhaps?)16:35
hallynoh, yes.16:35
hallynwhat SpamapS said :)16:35
SpamapShallyn: do you know about the unbuntuserver-minutes code?16:36
hallyncan we agt least drop ubuntu-devel?16:36
kim0SpamapS: It's a language google translate doesn't seem to know about .. what's that16:36
hallyni tried it once16:36
SpamapShallyn: I have a fixed version that works a little better  lp:~clint-fewbar/+junk/ubuntuserver-minutes/16:36
hallynand it avoids the need to reformat?16:36
SpamapShallyn: allows to send to multiple email addresses at once.16:36
SpamapSyes it renders the page from the wiki16:37
SpamapSinto the email and blog post16:37
hallynSpamapS: can you put a link in mtg notes?16:37
hallyni'll try it next time16:37
hallynsounds awesome.16:37
SpamapS[ACTION] SpamapS to put his version of ubuntuserver-minutes in directions for writing minutes16:38
MootBotACTION received:  SpamapS to put his version of ubuntuserver-minutes in directions for writing minutes16:38
SpamapSAnything else?16:38
SpamapS[TOPIC] Announce next meeting date and time16:39
MootBotNew Topic:  Announce next meeting date and time16:39
SpamapSTuesday, March 29 2011 16:00 UTC16:39
SpamapSBe there or be square (I'll be square.. on holiday)16:39
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:39.16:39
jamespagecheerio all :-)16:41
=== Ursinha-lunch is now known as Ursinha
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen
=== cking__ is now known as cking
MootBotMeeting started at 12:00. The chair is bjf.17:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]17:00
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:00
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty17:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty17:00
bjf# Meeting Etiquette17:00
bjf# NOTE: '..' indicates that you are finished with your input.17:00
bjf#       'o/' indicates you have something you'd like to add (wait until you are recognized)17:00
bjf[TOPIC] Release Metrics (JFo)17:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Release Metrics (JFo)17:00
JFoRelease Meeting Bugs (8 bugs, 9 Blueprints)17:00
JFo==== Beta 1 Milestoned Bugs (88 across all packages (down 16)) ====17:00
JFo * 4 linux kernel bugs (down 4)17:00
JFo * 0 linux-ti-omap bugs (no change)17:00
JFo * 0 linux-meta-ti-omap bug (no change)17:00
JFo==== Release Targeted Bugs (273 across all packages (down 20)) ====17:00
JFo * 20 linux kernel bugs (down 2)17:00
JFo * 0 linux-ti-omap bugs (no change)17:00
JFo * 0 linux-meta-ti-omap bug (no change)17:00
JFo==== Milestoned Features ====17:00
JFo * 6 blueprints (Including HWE Blueprints)17:00
JFo==== Maverick Updates Bugs ====17:01
JFo * 73 Linux Bugs (up 2)17:01
JFo==== Lucid Updates Bugs ====17:01
JFo * 94 Linux Bugs (no change)17:01
JFo==== Bugs with Patches Attached:83 (up 3) ====17:01
JFo * [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.has_patch=on | Bugs with Patches]]17:01
JFo * [[http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/csv-stats/bugs-with-patches/linux/ | Breakdown by status]]17:01
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: Natty Bug Handling (JFo)17:01
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/hardware-kernel-n-bug-handling17:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: Natty Bug Handling (JFo)17:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/hardware-kernel-n-bug-handling17:01
JFonothing to report17:01
bjf[TOPIC] Status: General Natty (apw)17:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: General Natty (apw)17:01
ogasawaraWe've uploaded the 2.6.38-7.38 kernel which is a no change upload to rebuild against the recent compiler update.  I do not expect any further uploads of the kernel until after Beta.  Note that Beta freeze is this Thursday.17:01
bjf[TOPIC] Status: Stable Kernel Team (sconklin / bjf)17:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Stable Kernel Team (sconklin / bjf)17:02
sconklin|| Last week, all kernels except Dapper completed QA and certification testing, and were released.17:02
sconklin|| Dapper has now completed testing and should be released soon.17:02
sconklin|| New packages have been placed in -proposed, beginning another cycle. However, due to the upcoming Natty17:02
sconklin|| release and insufficient testing resources, it is expected that further SRU kernels will not be released until17:02
sconklin|| May. However, the stable kernel team will continue to hold to a normal two week cadence, and complete17:02
sconklin|| verification of fixes for each cycle until release testing can resume.17:02
bjf[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Maverick/Lucid/Karmic/Hardy/Dapper (sconklin / bjf)17:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Maverick/Lucid/Karmic/Hardy/Dapper (sconklin / bjf)17:02
sconklin|| Package                                    || Upd/Sec              || Proposed             ||  TiP || Verified ||17:03
sconklin||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:03
sconklin|| dapper   linux-source-2.6.15               || 2.6.15-55.93         || 2.6.15-57.94         ||    1 ||        1 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta                        ||            ||            ||    0 ||        0 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.15    || 2.6.15-55.13         || 2.6.15-57.15         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:03
sconklin||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:03
sconklin|| hardy    linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24   ||                      ||       ||    0 ||        0 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24       || 2.6.24-28.47         || 2.6.24-29.48         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.24    || 2.6.24-28.37         || 2.6.24-29.38         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta                        ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.24-28.86         || 2.6.24-29.88         ||    2 ||        1 ||17:03
sconklin||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:03
sconklin|| karmic   linux-ec2                         || 2.6.31-308.28        || 2.6.31-308.29        ||    1 ||        0 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.31-23.74         || 2.6.31-23.75         ||    1 ||        0 ||17:03
sconklin||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:03
sconklin|| lucid    linux-ec2                         || 2.6.32-314.27        || 2.6.32-315.28        ||    5 ||        1 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux-ports-meta                  ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux-mvl-dove                    || 2.6.32-211.27        || 2.6.32-216.33        ||   32 ||       27 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta-mvl-dove               ||        ||        ||    1 ||        0 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux-lts-backport-maverick       || 2.6.35-25.44~lucid1  || 2.6.35-28.50~lucid1  ||   12 ||       10 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.32    || 2.6.32-30.29         || 2.6.32-31.30         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux-firmware                    || 1.34.4               || 1.34.7               ||    1 ||        1 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.32-30.59         || 2.6.32-31.60         ||    5 ||        1 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta                        ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:03
sconklin||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:03
sconklin|| maverick linux-mvl-dove                    ||                      || 2.6.32-416.33        ||   17 ||       14 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta-mvl-dove               ||                      ||         ||    1 ||        0 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux-firmware                    || 1.38.4               || 1.38.5               ||    3 ||        2 ||17:03
sconklin|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.35-28.49         || 2.6.35-28.50         ||    6 ||        0 ||17:03
sconklin||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:03
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)17:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)17:04
JFoIncoming Bugs17:04
JFo 359 Natty Bugs (up 62)17:04
JFo 1232 Maverick Bugs (up 14)17:04
JFo 1045 Lucid Bugs (up 11)17:04
JFoCurrent regression stats (broken down by release):17:04
JFo==== regression-update ====17:04
JFo  * 42 maverick bugs (up 2)17:04
JFo  * 75 lucid bugs (up 1)17:04
JFo  * 7 karmic bugs (no change)17:04
JFo  * 0 hardy bugs (no change)17:04
JFo==== regression-release ====17:04
JFo  * 162 natty bugs (up 31)17:04
JFo  * 242 maverick bugs (up 2)17:04
JFo  * 221 lucid bugs (no change)17:04
JFo  * 38 karmic bugs (no change)17:04
JFo  * 2 hardy bugs (no change)17:04
JFo==== regression-proposed ====17:04
JFo  * 8 natty bugs (up 3)17:04
JFo  * 0 maverick bugs (no change)17:04
JFo  * 0 lucid bugs (down 1)17:05
JFo  * 0 karmic bug (no change)17:05
bjf[TOPIC] Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)17:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)17:05
JFoI've postponed today's bug day to next week. I was unable to prepare for it, so I will send out e-mail17:05
JFotoday for the next one which should be covering bugs in the confirmed state.17:05
bjfAre bug days accomplishing anything ?17:06
JFoseem to be, just not as much as I would like for them to17:06
bjf[TOPIC] Triage Status (JFo)17:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Triage Status (JFo)17:06
JFoAnswered some askubuntu questions with the help of various team members. Other than that, it was a slow week for triage.17:06
bjf[TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions: Raise your hand to be recognized (o/)17:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion or Questions: Raise your hand to be recognized (o/)17:07
bjfthanks everyone17:07
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:07.17:07
JFothanks bjf17:07
ckingwow speedy17:07
jjohansenthanks bjf17:07
ogasawararecord time, thanks bjf17:08
kamalthanks bjf17:08
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== ivanka is now known as ivanka-train
=== Amaranth_ is now known as Amaranth

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!