=== chuck_ is now known as zul
=== Craig_Dem_ is now known as Craig_Dem
=== Amaranth_ is now known as Amaranth
=== robbiew1 is now known as robbiew
=== Amaranth_ is now known as Amaranth
=== smb` is now known as smb
=== ogra is now known as Guest42038
=== Guest42038 is now known as ogra_
=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== jdstrand_ is now known as jdstrand
* cjwatson wonders if robbiew is around16:05
robbiewsorry...lost track of time16:06
MootBotMeeting started at 11:06. The chair is robbiew.16:06
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:06
* robbiew enabled 11n speed on his Intel wireless adapter16:06
robbiewun-blacklisted it16:06
robbiew....*pretty* good16:06
robbiewbut sometimes I'm dropped...without any visible indication :/16:07
robbiewbeyond no one responding to me on mumble or irc16:07
robbiewokie dokie16:07
robbiew[TOPIC] Lightning Round16:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Lightning Round16:08
mvoSlightly shorter week, took friday16:08
mvoApt-clone: add integration with update-manager, add packaging, bootstrap first if restore dir does not exist, fixes in {save,restore}_state, better tests16:08
mvoApt-ordering: bug triage over the dpkg issues (I don't like bug triage), able to reproduce only #571030 and only on karmic->lucid (pre-depends ordering bug with openoffice.org)16:08
mvoApt: fix issues in the mirror method: used mirror display, InRelease file ahndl\16:08
mvoing, per-host randomization, new upload16:08
mvoauto-upgrade-tester: got a bigger disk in pommerac! apt-clone restore python-all test-image16:08
mvoPython-apt: help backport maverick python-apt to lucid (for nxvl, lamont)16:08
mvoRnr-server: look over aarons usefulness-by-user review16:08
mvoSoftware-center: debug/fix crash with new zeitgeist, fix test in pathbar-work-mvo branch, review/merge arrons review-usefulness branch, upload new version16:08
mvounatttended-upgrades: upload new version (FFe #729214)16:08
robbiewwow...I'd hate to see how long that list would be if you DID work Friday16:09
mvobarry:  http://paste.ubuntu.com/584357 <- if you are interessted in the few python releated messages from the post-upgrade test16:09
jhuntWorked on bug 436936. Helped out a bit on bug 737487: this needs more16:10
jhuntuser input before we consider merging I think since (a) I am unable to16:10
jhuntrecreate the problem (some) users are seeing and (b) we need more16:10
jhunttesters! Got the Upstart vim syntax highlighting accepted by Bram16:10
jhuntupstream. Appraisal stuff. Fixed initctl2dot (although no MP yet) which16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 436936 in kdebase-workspace (Ubuntu Karmic) "gdm upstart job checks /proc/cmdline for single user mode, won't start on post-boot runlevel change" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/43693616:10
jhuntis currently broken as a result of the new "emits" Upstart syntax. Wrote16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 737487 in bootchart (Ubuntu) "Bootchart data not generated" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73748716:10
jhuntas-yet unpublished blog post on visualisation which will be published16:10
jhuntwhen the initctl2dot fix is unleashed. Most of my time has been spent16:10
jhuntinvestigating chroot bug 728531 (very convoluted debugging).16:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 728531 in upstart (Ubuntu Natty) "chroot support is not reliable" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72853116:10
jhuntMaking progress, but my feeling is that quite a lot needs to change.16:10
jhuntBegun work on an Upstart intro/cookbook/best-practises guide with Clint:16:10
barrymvo: thanks.  have you filed any bugs on those?16:10
jhunthttps://launchpad.net/~upstart-documenters. Output is here:16:10
jhunthttp://people.canonical.com/~jhunt/upstart/cookbook. We are currently16:10
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~jhunt/upstart/cookbook. We are currently16:10
jhuntcollecting content and at an appropriate juncture, I'll perform fix-up16:10
jhuntand convert it to docbook to gain maximum benefit. We haven't announced16:10
jhuntit yet as it is still very "raw" (and incomplete), but... err, I guess I16:10
jhuntjust announced it! :-) Comments, suggestions and abuse welcome.16:10
mvobarry: some old ones, haven't had the time to look prperly16:10
barrymvo: k, np16:11
psurbhijhunt, cool! :)16:11
jhuntOops! commen re 737487 needing more work is wrong - that comment refers to 436936.16:11
psurbhijhunt, the cookbook looks very useful, thanks!16:11
robbiewwhoohoo for Upstart documentation!!!16:12
mvocookbook \o/16:12
jhuntplease let myself + clint have comments, suggestions!! I'd like some more udev examples if you have any for example :)16:12
robbiewthnx jhunt16:14
barrymostly recovering from pycon (catching up on email, administrivia, etc.); writing pep 396; looking at pycentral->dhpy2 transitions; done.16:14
robbiewcjwatson: ?16:15
cjwatsondone: RC bug-fixing: grub Xen detection (692691), live-boot dependency tweak (724452), mklibs multiarch (737055), bootchart multiarch (737487), review/sponsoring of vesafb rearrangement (702090), console-setup in chroot (738159), d-i accessibility (739445), grub2 move-mount handling for Wubi (738345, mostly finished)16:16
cjwatsontodo: more RC bug-fixing, at least: plymouth missing text display (728611); performance self-appraisal16:16
mvoimpressive list of fixes16:16
cjwatson[I say "mostly finished" but it has just mysteriously broken; love playing whack-a-mole :-/]16:16
robbiewindeed...those are some heavy hitter bugs16:17
robbiewcjwatson: thnx!16:18
evShort week; travel from Pycon on Thursday, and then the usual catch up.  Last day of sprinting at Pycon (expanding test coverage in the standard library and fixing bugs in Python 3).  Fixing bugs in ubiquity and partman-auto, attempting to break upgrade/reinstall functionality to surface any bugs.16:18
evUsing Mock to greatly expand the test coverage in ubiquity. TODO: merge expanded tests branch, fix layout issues on the partitioning page, keep trying to break ubiquity, and write more tests (done)16:18
robbiew\o/ for expanded test coverage16:18
robbiewthnx ev16:18
robbiewPyCon recovery...bootstrap...multiarch...yada yada :P16:19
robbiewwill come back to him16:20
psurbhi*) Worked on the samba bug 526464 (traced the output logs and wireshark trace - identified where the bug lies and traced some code, before giving up on this)16:20
psurbhi*) submitted a merge proposal for a mdadm bug: #72843516:20
psurbhi*) resumed work on event driven initramfs - added support in upstart to chroot and execvp the real root. Ongoing work - rewriting code as per upstart's standards (https://code.launchpad.net/~csurbhi/upstart/upstart-add-pivot-handling) and jhunt's review16:20
psurbhi*) also wrote a script that overwrites the /etc/fstab in initramfs depending on the kernel command line argument.16:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 526464 in samba (Ubuntu) "intermittent authentication: check_ntlm_password: Authentication for user [someuser] -> [someuser] FAILED with error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/52646416:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 728435 in mdadm (Ubuntu Natty) "raid1 boot degraded mode fails" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72843516:20
cjwatsonthe mdadm merge is just waiting for you to address a few small review comments, BTW - if you can still do that today, I can sponsor that fix in time for beta-116:21
robbiewthnx psurbhi16:22
psurbhicjwatson, i will do that16:22
robbiew[TOPIC] Natty16:22
MootBotNew Topic:  Natty16:22
robbiewBeta 1 freeze tomorrow16:22
robbiewluckily we now have a Beta 2...so no worries :P16:23
robbiewI'm going to ratchet up my bug involvement...make sure we work on the important ones...and politely push others to updates where possible16:23
cjwatsoncould somebody deal with bug 690873?  I'd hoped to, but I'm not sure I'm going to get to it16:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 690873 in sudo (Ubuntu Natty) "latest natty sudo upgrade prompts for conffile update and potentially removes %admin from /etc/sudoers" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/69087316:24
cjwatsonit's cleaning up a mess that was created towards the end of last year16:24
cjwatsonfairly ugly conffile handling16:24
mvoI meant to work on this since a couple of days but something came in between everytime, I can give it a shoot tomorrow16:25
cjwatsonmany thanks16:25
doko_robbiew: just for completness:16:25
doko_came back from PyCon, more porting work, final (?) toolchain updates (robbiew, read "bux fixes"), gcc-4.6 testing before the upstream release, preparing openjdk updates for beta116:25
robbiewdoko_: ack16:25
robbiewmvo: thanks sir!16:25
mvo(responsible for most of the warning in the auto-upgrader-tester currently)16:25
barrycjwatson: what's the status of that wubi bug?16:25
cjwatsonbarry: which one?16:25
barry;)  let me find the bug number...16:26
cjwatsonbarry: bug 693671 you mean?16:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 693671 in Wubi "wubi install will not boot - phase 2 stops with: Try (hd0,0): NTFS5" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/69367116:26
cjwatsondead and gone, I'll close out the wubi task now16:26
robbiewbarry: read cjwatson's blog ;)16:26
* barry will!16:26
ev(there's also a lovely blog post by cjwatson on it)16:26
robbiewis there an echo in here?16:27
evoh, whoops16:27
robbiew[TOPIC] Oneiric16:27
MootBotNew Topic:  Oneiric16:27
robbiewI'm slacking on requirements16:27
robbiewwill put out a call to the Server community today...and create a FoundationsTeam wiki page for us to note features we'd like16:28
robbiewI think allison is also driving a wider Ubuntu community request for features too16:28
robbiewthat will feed into the various teams16:28
doko_binNMUs ...16:28
wendarhave a post about ready to go to ubuntu devel16:28
robbiewbe sure to send me names of people you had sign up for sponsorship16:28
robbiewwendar: cool16:29
cjwatsondoko_: we did a complete spec for that in LP a while back, AFAIK it's purely blocked on resources there :-/16:29
* robbiew had to think for a second of who the hell "wendar" was 16:29
cjwatsonunless somebody wants to be an LP hacker for a couple of weeks16:29
cjwatson(oh, speaking of which, we should have data.tar.xz and orig.tar.xz support shortly, once all the bits are rolled out)16:30
robbiew[TOPIC] AOB/GoodNews16:31
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB/GoodNews16:31
cjwatsonshould've listed that in the lightning round16:31
cjwatsonplease look through https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+bugs?field.milestone=33574 for anything you can help clear up16:31
mvogot some really nice fixes for squid-deb-proxy today, contributors/community is just awsome16:32
robbiewmultiarch has arrived!!!!16:33
cjwatsonheh, actually using it is tricky due to bug 74007216:33
ubottuLaunchpad bug 740072 in python-apt (Ubuntu) "apt.Cache.__iter__ breaks when multiarch is enabled" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/74007216:33
cjwatsontends to cause postinsts to fail :-/16:33
jhuntcjwatson: if you can recreate, could you sanity check my gdm.conf fix on bug 436936?16:34
mvo*ough* I need to look into this16:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 436936 in kdebase-workspace (Ubuntu Karmic) "gdm upstart job checks /proc/cmdline for single user mode, won't start on post-boot runlevel change" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/43693616:34
cjwatsonjhunt: ok, will try ...16:34
cjwatson(once I clear out laptop state)16:34
robbiewjhunt: if you are looking for further testers...mdz hits this one :P16:34
jhuntrobbiew: thx! I'll ping him...16:35
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:36.16:36
robbiewthnx all!16:36
jhuntit's that echo again :)16:37
barrycjwatson: impressive!16:40
cjwatsontook way too long :-/16:42
cjwatsonnot an easy bug16:42
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-lunch
=== Ursinha-lunch is now known as Ursinha
=== barry is now known as make-it-stop
=== make-it-stop is now known as barry
=== barry is now known as make-it-stop
=== make-it-stop is now known as yrrab
=== yrrab is now known as barry
jelmer'evening James20:58
jelmerHow's your week?20:58
barryhi guys.  hopefully usa@dst hasn't messed us up too much.  starting in 2m20:58
jelmerbarry: Seems about right20:59
jelmerg'morning poolie20:59
james_wgood thanks jelmer20:59
* slangasek waves20:59
pooliehi all21:00
CensoredBiscuithi all21:00
MootBotMeeting started at 16:00. The chair is barry.21:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]21:00
barryhi everybody and welcome to this week's udd meeting.  it's been a few weeks, how is everyone?21:00
poolieit feels like a long time21:01
barry[TOPIC] agenda21:01
MootBotNew Topic:  agenda21:01
barry[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributedDevelopment/2011032321:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DistributedDevelopment/2011032321:01
pooliethanks for chairing, barry21:02
barrypoolie: np!21:02
barryhi jelmer, james_w.  anybody know if jam is around?21:02
james_wI don't21:03
barryshall we jump right in then?21:03
poolieremember he's in europe now, so this is late at night for him21:03
poolielike 11pm21:03
poolielet's go21:03
barryah, right21:03
barry[TOPIC] action items21:03
MootBotNew Topic:  action items21:03
barry   * poolie to advertise udd projects to non-staff contributors21:04
barry 21:04
jelmerbarry: jam was around an hour or so ago but mentioned he was heading out21:04
barryjelmer: thanks21:04
pooliei think done21:04
pooliebut if other people have good ideas for how to get more help on it i would welcome them21:05
poolieor, they can just do it :)21:05
barrypoolie: cool.  related: is bzr participating in gsoc this year?21:05
pooliei don't think it's a good tradeoff on the whole21:05
barryokay.  if there were interest, it could be done under the psf umbrella21:06
barry   * poolie to integrate jml's feedback into lep21:06
barry 21:06
poolieyes, done21:07
barry   * poolie to meet with robbiew re lep21:07
barry 21:07
=== ivanka is now known as ivanka-train
poolienot yet sorry21:08
pooliecarry it over21:08
barrypoolie: will do21:08
barry   * jam to propose/report plan for quilt imports21:08
barry 21:08
barryi'm guessing that's to be carried over...21:09
pooliethere was some discussion about them probably needing to be imported to looms21:09
pooliei'm not sure if jam's action is to do more than that21:09
barryi'll send him an email to get his status21:10
poolieok, good21:10
barry   * poolie talk to stakeholders about bfbip scheduling21:10
barry 21:10
barrypoolie: remind me what bfbip means? ;)21:10
pooliebuild from branch into primary21:10
poolieand i have not done it yet21:11
barrypoolie: ah yes, of course, thanks21:11
pooliebut i will soon21:11
barry   * poolie to prepare udd sessions for uds-o21:11
barry 21:11
=== neversfelde_ is now known as neversfelde
pooliethanks for the reminder :)21:12
pooliejelmer could i hand that off to you?21:12
barrypoolie: np.  i can help with that if you want21:12
poolieor you, barry?21:13
jelmerpoolie: Yes, sure21:13
barryjelmer: why don't you and i chat about it tomorrow?21:13
jelmerbarry: sure, sounds good21:13
barry[ACTION] jelmer and barry to prepare udd sessions for uds-o21:14
MootBotACTION received:  jelmer and barry to prepare udd sessions for uds-o21:14
barrythat's it for action items21:14
barry[TOPIC] LEP bfbip21:14
MootBotNew Topic:  LEP bfbip21:14
barry * LEP [[https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/BuildFromBranchIntoPrimary]]21:14
barry 21:14
barrythis is a hold over from our last meeting.  is there much more to say about it?21:14
pooliethe main thing with it now is to schedule a lp squad to actually do it21:15
pooliethe bzr team will help but i think (as does francis) it's going to have enough ongoing work it's better done in house by lp21:15
pooliewe're hopeful it will be the next feature scheduled and therefore be live by uds-o21:15
barrypoolie: sounds good.  i guess in that case we don't need to keep i on the udd agenda.  we can just get updates in the normal lp way or celebrate in aob when it lands21:16
pooliegood idea21:16
barry[TOPIC]  * Package importer progress21:16
barry 21:16
MootBotNew Topic:   * Package importer progress21:16
pooliewe've fixed some more bugs in the importer21:17
poolieespecially in scheduling21:17
poolieand the number of failures has dipped .. a bit, but not dramatically21:17
barry[LINK] http://package-import.ubuntu.com/status/21:17
MootBotLINK received:  http://package-import.ubuntu.com/status/21:17
pooliewe got some bug reports about failures from ubuntu devs, which is a good sign21:18
slangasekthere seem to be new bugs always popping up that affect importing of precisely those branches I've touched before :-)21:18
poolieand they're pulled into our team queues21:18
poolieany particular packages or bugs people would like to nominate for attention?21:18
slangasekgobject-introspection, for me21:18
james_wthat's the one that's waiting on a new bzr being rolled out to jubany21:19
james_w#1 failure currently I think21:19
poolieah, ok21:20
poolie[action] poolie to talk to mthaddon about getting new bzrs rolled out faster21:20
barryjames_w: is that: 80 packages failed with key AssertionError:<module>:main:find_unimported_versions:check21:20
pooliei wonder if we can persuade them to deploy from a branch or something21:20
james_wno, repository.user_url21:20
pooliejames_w do you have an opinion about that?21:20
james_wnot really21:20
barry[ACTION] poolie to talk to mthaddon about getting new bzrs rolled out faster21:21
MootBotACTION received:  poolie to talk to mthaddon about getting new bzrs rolled out faster21:21
poolieor maybe that's charlie21:21
james_wso perhaps not #1, but #1 growing currently I think21:21
* slangasek nods21:21
barryi'll write it up as LOSA21:21
barryany other feedback on the package importer?21:22
barry[TOPIC]  * Bugs of interest:21:23
barry 21:23
MootBotNew Topic:   * Bugs of interest:21:23
barry[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~mbp/kanban/canonical-bazaar-kanban.html21:23
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~mbp/kanban/canonical-bazaar-kanban.html21:23
slangasekI can say that I've been doing a lot of UDD branches over the past month for multiarch, and gobject-introspection was the only out-of-date branch I ran into - great job, guys :)21:23
barryslangasek: how did you find out it was out of date?21:23
slangasekbarry: I'm in the habit of not trusting the branches at this point and always compare with the archive before I begin work :(21:24
barryslangasek: yeah.  i see bug 609187 is in the queued column on kanban.  that will help a lot i think21:25
ubottuLaunchpad bug 609187 in Ubuntu Distributed Development "bzr branch ubuntu:foo (a.k.a. lp:ubuntu/foo) should warn when foo is out of date" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/60918721:25
* slangasek nods21:25
poolieslangasek, thanks for that (both the positives and the specific negative)21:25
pooliewe're all finding the kanban pretty good btw21:25
poolieit is encouraging some people (though not yet me ;-) to have smaller in progress queues21:26
barrythere are an impressive number of bugs in release and needs release.  that's really awesome21:26
poolieit's been pretty good21:27
poolienow everybody is back from vacation it should be better :)21:27
poolienext item?21:27
barryany other bugs to discuss?21:27
barryif not...21:27
barry[TOPIC] aob21:27
MootBotNew Topic:  aob21:27
james_wnone from me21:28
jelmerI have a question. Now that we've done some FFe's and SRU's I was wondering if there was any guidance on how to do those with UDD?21:28
poolieoh, we have four rotation candidates; i'm hoping at least one will proceed and start working from our may sprint21:29
jelmerpoolie: W00t. That'd be really nice.21:29
barryjelmer: i've done one and iirc it wasn't much of a different workflow, after using a different url to get the code21:30
barrynot much of a data point, but i don't remember any udd-specific issues21:30
jelmerbarry: I guess that means there isn't a particular reason not to use UDD for SRU's at least then; I'll give it a shot next time one comes up.21:31
slangasekI was surprised to see a UDD merge request the other week for -proposed21:31
jelmerbarry: thanks21:31
slangaseksurprised because it worked, actually :)21:31
barryslangasek: yay! :)21:31
barrynot strictly udd, but: i want to give a shout out to jam.  python finally switched to mercurial, and there have been a huge number of messages on python-dev about it.  jam's messages always have a very high signal to noise ratio, and i really appreciate his expert involvement21:31
slangasekbarry: how is this supposed to work, in general?  does pushing to a new -proposed branch work yet?21:32
poolieshould be fun for them too21:32
pooliethanks barry21:32
pooliebarry, prod him to ask you for a 360 review thing21:32
barryoh, and it makes me *really* appreciate bzr, but more on that in a blog later :)21:32
barrypoolie: i will21:32
barryslangasek: sadly it was a while ago and i don't remember exactly what i did21:33
slangasekok; just wondering if the one that worked worked only because there'd been a previous SRU for that package, so the branch was pre-populated21:34
barryif/when folks do sru via udd, please do update the wiki with your experience21:34
barryoh, which reminds me: the udd guide was integrated with the ubuntu packaging guide, so technically the wiki is out of date.  i will take an action item to see if dholbach has published it on the web somewhere and update the wiki documentation to point to the upg as the canonical information21:35
barry[ACTION] barry to check with dholbach about publishing of upg with udd docs, and update the udd wiki pages21:36
MootBotACTION received:  barry to check with dholbach about publishing of upg with udd docs, and update the udd wiki pages21:36
barrythere was a little impedance mismatch there, but it was mostly a smooth integration, and we can clean things up as we go21:36
barryanybody have anything else?21:37
MootBotMeeting finished at 16:37.21:37
barrythanks everyone!21:38
slangasekthanks :)21:38
pooliethanks all21:39

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!