=== Claudinux_ is now known as Claudinux
=== khrm_ is now known as khrm
=== apachelogger is now known as releaselogger
=== khrm_ is now known as khrm
* marjo waves15:00
* skaet waves15:00
skaethi all15:00
MootBotMeeting started at 10:01. The chair is skaet.15:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]15:01
=== thermi is now known as Thermi
cjwatsondear wiki, stop 500ing when I'm trying to read you15:01
skaet[Topic] Natty overview - skaet_15:01
skaetReminder:   please use ".." on separate line when you've finished typing.   If someone wants to comment during the updates, please "o/", so we know to wait.15:01
skaetAgenda is at:15:01
skaet[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2011-03-2515:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Natty overview - skaet_15:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2011-03-2515:01
skaetUser Interface Freeze and Beta Freeze came into effect March 24th (at 2300 UTC ), so now on the focus is on getting the Beta images ready for the wider audiences!15:01
skaetAwesome progress on closing out some of those high/critical bugs over the last week!   By my count - over 65 of the bugs we were monitoring for the release moved into a resolved state.   :)  Thanks to all involved!!15:01
skaetAs of 2011/03/24 bugs for Natty that are are targetted for fixing were broken down as follows:15:01
skaet      * kernel:   linux: 7  drivers: 515:01
skaet      * foundations:  1915:01
skaet      * server: 615:01
skaet      * desktop: 1415:01
skaet      * ubuntuone: 215:02
skaet      * kubuntu: 615:02
skaet      * desktop experience: 2615:02
skaet      * arm: 915:02
skaetThis is still up from where we were with maverick, so appreciate the continued focus on it.15:02
skaetMilestoned bugs for beta 1 can be found:15:02
skaet[LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.milestone=33574.15:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.milestone=33574.15:02
skaetBugs targetted for this release can be found:15:02
skaet[LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+bugs15:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+bugs15:02
skaetNote that the renaming of beta to beta-1 caused some links to become inaccurate.  If you spot any that are broken, please let me know.15:02
skaetUpcoming Significant Dates:15:02
skaetBeta 1 Release is March 31st.    :)15:02
skaetFreeze windows for beta 2 and the final images are still under discussion,  but we'll likely be going with Scott's recommendations for the back part of the cycle (and staying in beta freeze for now).   If no one has further comments by end of day today,  I'll go ahead and broadcast out the revised freeze dates on ubuntu-release mail list for those interested.15:02
skaetany general questions about the release before we go into the round table?15:02
* skaet is hoping we have a working IRC channel today... 15:03
skaetmarjo,  are you able to see this?15:04
marjoskaet: yes, looks fine on my end15:04
skaetgreat thanks,15:04
skaetlets head into round table then if no questions.15:04
skaet[Topic] QA team update - marjo15:05
MootBotNew Topic:  QA team update - marjo15:05
marjohi folks15:05
marjo * Natty Beta 1 Work Items15:05
marjoNatty Beta-1 Work Items15:05
marjohggdh still blocked due to lack of working UEC since after Alpha 2. Blocked on Critical bug 71716615:05
marjoAll done. Thanks to primes2h and ara for their work on this.15:05
ubottuLaunchpad bug 717166 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Natty) "Broken with v4 isc-dhcp-server in Natty" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/71716615:05
marjo * Natty boot regression report15:05
marjoBug reports will be submitted by bdmurray15:05
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~brian/daily-bootcharts/15:05
marjosorry wrong link15:05
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~brian/daily-bootcharts/index.html15:06
marjo * Natty Blocking bugs15:06
marjo bug 71716615:06
ubottuLaunchpad bug 717166 in eucalyptus (Ubuntu Natty) "Broken with v4 isc-dhcp-server in Natty" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/71716615:06
marjo * QA Dashboard15:06
marjo http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/qadashboard/qadashboard.html15:06
marjoNote linux, unity, ubiquity and firefox are all in both the "Last Day" and "Last 7 Days" metrics.15:06
marjo * Testing status:15:07
marjo Desktop Automated Testing results15:07
marjoList of bugs found is at the bottom of page.15:07
marjo Server Automated Testing results15:07
MootBotLINK received:  http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/desktop-testing/natty/15:07
marjo 1 test failed. hggdh will investigate.15:07
marjo Desktop and Alternate Image Testing results15:07
marjo Desktop tests are currently disabled. Alternates pass.15:07
marjojibel is investigating failures on desktop images15:07
marjo  Automatic Upgrade Testing15:07
marjo 1 test failed.15:07
marjo sudo problem that causes the post-upgrade test to fail is fixed, but not yet in the archive, due to the freeze. Once its in, it should make all but main-all and python-all green.15:07
marjo Thanks to IS team for the bigger harddisk that enables the additional python-all test15:07
marjo * Nvidia drivers Unity testing15:08
marjo* 34 different nVidia graphics cards have been tested15:08
marjo* 20 bug reports have been submitted; 3 are high importance15:08
MootBotLINK received:  http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/graphics_testing/natty/15:08
skaetThanks Marjo!15:08
skaetHow did the ubiquity bug day go yestereday?15:08
marjoskaet: will get you stats on that15:10
skaetthanks marjo.  :)15:10
skaetany one else have questions for marjo?15:10
skaet[Topic] Hardware Certification team update - victorp15:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Hardware Certification team update - victorp15:10
* skaet looks around for victorp or ara15:11
skaethmm... ok,  lets move on and circle back to hardware cert at the end15:12
skaet[Topic] Security team update - jdstrand15:12
MootBotNew Topic:  Security team update - jdstrand15:12
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty15:13
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty15:13
jdstrand[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-security.html15:13
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-security.html15:13
jdstrandAll work items tied to the release process are completed.15:13
jdstrand(though we have several remaining)15:13
jdstrandIn terms of milestoned bugs, after talking with pitti and doko, micahg is planning on fixing bug #663294 by rebuilding with gcc-4.4. We fixed several others (see the above report). As usual, team has been focusing primarily on stable release updates.15:13
ubottuLaunchpad bug 663294 in gcc-4.5 (Ubuntu Natty) "Firefox built with gcc-4.5 is a non-starter on i386 with -pie" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/66329415:13
jdstrandDealt with various FTBFS due to multiarch fallout. Members of my team have come across this several times already. Is there a plan to ensure buildability for supported packages? Is the archive going to be rebuilt?15:13
skaetthanks jdstrand15:14
skaetwe need to get the plans for the multiarch fleshed out,  and work with slangasek on that15:14
skaetexpect it to be the subject of discussion at UDS ;)15:14
jdstrandit needs to be worked out prior to then, at least in terms of building from source15:15
jdstrandotherwise my team won't be able to effectively update packages in natty stable15:15
cjwatsonI think we have a test rebuild due ...15:15
skaet[action] slangasek, jdstrand, skaet work through update packages issue for natty stable.15:16
MootBotACTION received:  slangasek, jdstrand, skaet work through update packages issue for natty stable.15:16
jdstrandcjwatson: is that part of the release interlock or you saying "yeah, we need to do that"15:16
cjwatsonI can't find the dates, but I was under the impression that it was scheduled15:16
cjwatsonI'll need to check with doko though15:16
jdstrandok cool15:16
jdstrandskaet: care to add doko to that action?15:17
skaetwill do15:17
jdstrandthat's it from me15:17
skaetThanks for bringing up the issue.15:18
* jdstrand nods15:18
skaetany other questions?15:18
skaetgo marjo15:18
marjoLow level of activity, but some people weren't using the bug day wiki page for some reason. bdmurray will investigate.15:18
skaetwill follow up with you offline.15:19
skaet[Topic] Kernel team update - ogasawara15:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel team update - ogasawara15:19
marjoskaet: ack15:19
ogasawaraOverall status is reported at the first link below.  Burn down for the release milestone is at the second link below.  Burndown for the cycle is at the third link:15:19
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty15:19
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-kernel-team-ubuntu-11.04-beta-1.html15:19
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-kernel-team.svg15:19
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty15:19
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-kernel-team-ubuntu-11.04-beta-1.html15:19
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/canonical-kernel-team.svg15:19
ogasawaraThe remaining ubuntu-11.04-beta milestone work items are not critical to the release and should start to move to completion within the next week. The Natty distro kernel is now at v2.6.38-7.38 however we still need to upload v2.6.38-7.39 which is a no-change upload to rebuild against the new compiler update. This will require a beta freeze exception which I've already notified skaet about. Beyond this we do not anticipat15:19
ogasawarae any further uploads of the kernel until after Beta. We continue to track the upstream stable v2.6.38.y kernel as we move forward and have recently rebased to upstream stable v2.6.38.1 which will be in the first post Beta upload.15:19
ogasawaraOf the bugs called out on the agenda against the kernel, status is as follows:15:19
ogasawara#539467 SATA alpm is now disabled in userspace, possible fix for Nvidia mcp65 controllers when in minimal power mode has been tested with positive feedback;15:19
ogasawara#542660 testing with v2.6.38 final still problematic, needs further investigation.15:19
ogasawara#625364 looks possible to work around using a pm-utils quirk;15:19
ogasawara#630748 remains waiting on Intel for updated wireless firmware;15:19
ogasawara#634487 workaround exists, but proper fix still needs investiagion.15:19
ogasawara#707353 Fix released in linux-firmware-1.49.15:19
ogasawara#712075 partial fix in place, testing requested with 2.6.38 final kernel;15:19
skaetThanks ogasawara!15:20
=== khrm_ is now known as khrm
* skaet looks around...15:20
skaet[Topic] Foundations team update - cjwatson15:21
MootBotNew Topic:  Foundations team update - cjwatson15:21
cjwatsonLots of good bug progress this week.  That mad plymouth segfault should be dead, Michael fixed sudo upgrades, Surbhi fixed RAID1 boot degraded mode, and we landed the changes to avoid involving vesafb in the boot process unless we have to (which is huge for text-free boot, and has apparently made a significant dent in the visible bug flow).15:21
cjwatsonSurbhi is making good progress on converting the initramfs to Upstart, although this is for Oneiric.15:21
cjwatsonWe do still have several high-priority bugs open for beta-1:15:21
cjwatson * 671016: Alejandra Obregon has offered to help design this landing page.  It may slip beyond beta-1, though.15:21
cjwatson * 728611: I can't reproduce this on my test systems so far, so will take more effort15:22
cjwatson * 730759: under discussion with MIR team15:22
cjwatson * 736111: if this is going to be fixed, I think it may need to be a workaround by the ARM team15:22
cjwatson * 739400, 739489: uncertain of status, but these were recently filed by Evan and assigned to himself so I assume he's on top of them15:22
cjwatson * 737603: active discussion between James and Steve - I'm not clear on whether openjdk-6 actually needs to change here, or whether it's all in libjna-java15:22
cjwatsonThe count is still fairly significant, but I'm pretty sanguine about our state at the moment.15:22
cjwatsonWorking on rolling out data.tar.xz and orig.tar.xz support in Launchpad.  We're nearly there.15:22
skaetthanks cjwatson15:22
skaetIn your mind,  we'll finally be good for WUBI testing again with beta?15:22
* skaet thinks all the blockers are gone, but wants to double check.15:23
cjwatsonI think so, though there are still a few odd bugs lurking15:23
* skaet nods15:23
cjwatsonbug 741859 came up yesterday evening and I don't understand it15:24
ubottuLaunchpad bug 741859 in grub2 (Ubuntu) "natty wubi install shows grub shell after update" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/74185915:24
cjwatsonso, yeah, work required15:24
skaetfair enough for this part of the cycle.15:24
skaetnice work on getting so many of the bugs closed last week.  :)15:24
skaetany other questions?15:24
skaet[Topic] Server team update - zul15:25
MootBotNew Topic:  Server team update - zul15:25
zulWe are behind the trend line for beta-1, but we have been busy. Ill be poking people to update their specs. Also we added an auberienge color scheme and the ubuntu command line. Bugs that have been nominated are the following:15:25
zulOutstanding bugs:15:25
zulOutstanding bugs:15:25
zul561779 - squid - squid is not started on runlevel transition 1 -> 2.15:25
zul* need to update upstart relatively easy to do.15:25
zul727286 - libvirt - apparmor is blocking libvirt-bin from accessing folders in "/15:25
zul* Fixed already in natty.15:25
zul733914 - autofs5 - autofs races network interfaces, ends up not working15:25
zul* Upstart job needs to be updated and tested.15:25
zul728088 - debian-installer - iscsi root (amd64) with or without auth fails to boot15:25
zul* Assigned to the canonical foundations team15:25
zulOngoing bugs:15:25
zul697753 - eucalyptus - bittorrrent recomendations prevents demotion15:25
zul* still pending upload15:25
zul717166 - Eucalyptus - Broken with v4 isc-dhcp-server in Natty15:25
zul* still ongoing testing and debugging15:25
zul580319 - dhcp3-server launches before upstart brings all interface, thus failing to start15:25
zulAssigned to JamesHunt15:25
zul727342 - FE for open-vm-tools kernel module15:25
zul* test15:25
zulNew bugs:15:26
zul726769 - eucalyptus - Eucalytpus failed to install15:26
zul735017 - php-fpm failed to install if /var/www doesnt exist.15:26
zuli just noticed 726769 so Ill get Daviey to work on it and the php-fpm bug is a known bug that has already been fixed in debian we just have to cherry pick the fix15:26
jdstrandzul: I fixed bug #727286 last week. not sure why it is still on your list15:26
ubottuLaunchpad bug 727286 in libvirt (Ubuntu Natty) "apparmor is blocking libvirt-bin from accessing folders in "/"" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72728615:26
=== khrm_ is now known as khrm
skaetthanks zul!15:26
zuljdstrand: yeah i noticed this morning as well thanks!15:26
zuli suspect alot of these bugs will be fixed after the beta15:27
skaetre:  727342, I thought that Daviey tested it and was good with it?15:27
* skaet hopes zul's right ;)15:27
zulthe open-vm-tools one? i thought serge was still asking for testers15:27
skaetyeah,  that's the one.15:28
zulill double check15:28
skaetok,  we'll look into it more offline then.15:28
skaetany other questions?15:28
skaet[Topic] Desktop team update - pitti15:28
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop team update - pitti15:28
pittiGeneral status:15:28
pitti * We made great progress with eliminating the old xulrunner-1.9.2 and also xulrunner-2.0 from main, as these are now pretty much unsupportable after the recently announced changes for Firefox' release schedule. Bug 740815 coordinates the work, still some things to do post-b115:28
ubottuLaunchpad bug 740815 in xulrunner-1.9.2 (Ubuntu) "[FFe] Updates to enable us to drop xulrunner from main" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/74081515:28
pitti * New natty langpacks will be uploaded Sunday evening. Firefox search plugins will be back.15:28
pitti * i386 CD oversized by 5 MB; that will be rectified by fresh langpacks, and eliminating some egl packages which we currently pull in through libcairo. We need to split out the GL backend, as it causes ridiculous memory leaks with the NVidia driver, and is only required for wayland.15:28
pittiBlueprint implementation:15:28
pitti * On track for entire cycle15:28
pitti * Remaining work for Natty:15:28
pitti  * unity a11y: We decided to give this one more week after beta (i. e. one release cycle), and if it's not good enough by then, we'll default to the classic GNOME session for the a11y profiles which need screen reading15:28
pitti  * Some remaining porting to xulrunner-2.0/webkit (see above)15:29
pitti  * Some remaining upgrade migration for deprecated applets15:29
pitti  * Various "test that this works", discuss user testing15:29
pittiRC bugs:15:29
pitti * as usual, on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus#rcbugs15:29
pitti * For the ones we can't realistically fixed we now got contingency plans and workarounds, so we should make some good progress there right after b1 (maybe some fixes can still slip in)15:29
skaetThanks pitti!15:29
pittisorry for the FFE rush for xulrunner, but we'll go insane if we don't do it15:29
pitti(that hit us pretty unexpectedly..)15:30
jdstrandpitti: thanks for working on it :)15:30
skaetunderstood,  it happens.   will look into your contingency plans for the rcbugs offline and get back to you.15:31
skaetany other questions?15:31
skaet[Topic] Ubuntu One Team - Chipaca or joshuahoover15:31
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu One Team - Chipaca or joshuahoover15:31
* skaet looks for Chipaca_ ?15:32
Chipaca_I'm afraid I haven't done my homework this week; the status page will be updated next week15:33
skaethmm, something must have happened,  will circle back at end then.15:33
Chipaca_that's https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/NattyReleaseStatus15:33
Chipaca_on the FFE front, bindwood is pretty much done, yay :)15:33
skaetThanks,  please send me a ping when I can look at it then.15:33
skaetThanks Chipaca_  will get with you off line.  Can you please update this agenda with your comments after you get the summary figured out?15:34
Chipaca_skaet: sure. Actually I'll get joshua to do it :)15:35
skaet[ACTION] Chipaca_/Joshua to add ubuntu one summary directly to 2011-03-25 agenda status page.15:35
MootBotACTION received:  Chipaca_/Joshua to add ubuntu one summary directly to 2011-03-25 agenda status page.15:35
skaetany questions?15:35
skaet[Topic] Kubuntu Team update - Riddell15:35
MootBotNew Topic:  Kubuntu Team update - Riddell15:35
Riddell * CDs in decent shape for beta15:36
Riddell * switching Qt to opengles on ARM means fixes needed to packages which use opengl, workaround in progress.  I've also been helping linaro folks package kwin for opengles15:36
Riddell * Qt security fix for Comono fake SSL certificates in natty15:36
Riddell * Qt accessibility bridge in ppa:jr if anyone wants to test15:36
Riddell * KDE SC 4.6.2 due out the Tuesday after Beta 115:36
Riddell * http://goo.gl/23eui 10 bugs milestoned for beta15:36
skaet:)  Thanks.15:37
skaetof the 6 bugs called out in the agenda,   do they actively have someone working them,  or are they in limbo.15:37
victorpskaet - when is the release meeting?15:37
* skaet hasn't dug into each individually yet this week... 15:37
Riddellskaet: actually I don't know how to list those 6 bugs15:37
skaetRiddell,  ok, I'll get with you offline.15:38
skaetand see if we can figure out how to get an effective summary from both sides,  prob. after beta -1 though ;)15:38
skaetvictorp, started 40 minutes ago.15:38
skaetvictorp,  we'll call on you after the rest of the round table,  ok?15:39
skaetany other questions for Riddell?15:39
skaetTopic] Desktop Experience Team Update - dbarth15:40
dbarth_status report at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/NattyReleaseStatus15:40
dbarth_some ffe news first15:40
dbarth_overlay scrollbar and multitouch integration are done and "green lighted"15:40
dbarth_we're blocked on a11y for places, trying to scope that down to just support alt-f215:40
dbarth_(pitti was also mentioning it earlier)15:41
* skaet nods15:41
dbarth_2 new small FFEs for MT apps (see report)15:41
dbarth_for the rest, nice bug fix counters for both unity shell and foundations15:41
pittidbarth_: oh, did sabdfl ack the scrollbar FFE? I didn't see that on the bug15:41
dbarth_not yet15:41
dbarth_Yet another batch of 60 bugs fixed this week! - see https://launchpad.net/unity/+milestone/3.6.8 - including15:42
dbarth_numerous crashers for compiz, its decorator, unity, nux or places15:42
ubottuUbuntu bug 3 in Launchpad itself "Custom information for each translation team" [Low,Fix released]15:42
dbarth_lots of UI tweaks, like a nice search progress signal15:42
dbarth_20 bugs fixed in Foundations this week https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-foundations/+milestone/unity-3.6.8, including15:42
dbarth_a lot more fixes for places, including a nasty crasher 73739615:42
dbarth_desktop menu update from Ted 69219415:42
dbarth_improvements in the ayatana-scrollbar 728418 and whitelist support 74027615:42
pittidbarth_: for a11y, my most recent knowledge is that Luke should test b1, and if it's not good enough, we'll use classic for profiles with screen reading?15:42
dbarth_b1 doesn't contain anything that can make alt-f2 work for him15:43
dbarth_we're trying to propose a patch on monday, but that won't go into the images anyway15:43
dbarth_after monday, we should drop the feature if we can't make it work15:43
dbarth_other questions?15:44
skaetok.   will work with you around tuesday to make sure we've got the release notes appropriate for this release.15:44
skaetbtw - Thanks dbarth_!   awesome job on all those bug fixes getting in this week.15:45
dbarth_i'll pass that on to the team, thanks; they we're really on fire on wednesday night!15:45
skaetany other questions?15:45
skaetdbarth_, yes,  they were, and it was much appreciated.  :)15:45
skaet[Topic] ARM team update - ogra15:46
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM team update - ogra15:46
* ogra_ waves15:46
ogra_Status is at:15:46
ogra_[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARMTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty15:46
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARMTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty15:46
ogra_ * OMAP4 TI kernel has HDMI support again (image builds need to change boot cmdline before beta for this)15:46
ogra_ * PowerVR SGX drivers ported to .38 and already available at the TI PPA15:46
ogra_ * unity-2d was updated to the latest release (3.8) with about 60 bugs fixed.15:46
ogra_ * Mono ARM research is going on, NCommander thinks he has a workaround for the identified SMP issues on ARM with mono.15:46
ogra_ * ARM specific FTBFS list for main only has KDE packages left.15:46
ogra_Image status:15:46
ogra_ * Netbook images are currently broken, waiting for the archive to settle15:46
ogra_ * New headless/serial image works fine but is broken due to new kernel upload atm.15:46
ogra_Entire status: http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel.html15:47
ogra_Milestone: http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel-ubuntu-11.04-beta-1.html15:47
ogra_ * 61998115:47
ogra_ * 72153115:47
ogra_ * 63322715:47
* skaet notes that ogra's separators are the same as .. for end. not sure if he's done?15:48
ogra_should i use two separators at the end of my paste in the future ?15:48
skaetThanks ogra!   does it look like we'll be able to resolve all the ARM FTBFS for KDE by monday?15:49
skaetyup, 2 separators would work.  :)15:49
ogra_not sure, the gles bits seem to require some bigger changes for some apps15:49
skaetok,   what about the 9 bugs on the agenda?15:50
ogra_but i think not all apps that ftbfs are on the images15:50
ogra_i will look over them, some shouldnt be milestoned at all15:50
skaetok, please do.15:51
ogra_bug 728335 seems to not be arm related15:51
ubottuLaunchpad bug 728335 in jasper-initramfs (Ubuntu Natty) "No visual feedback on the splashscreen during jasper run" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72833515:51
ogra_i have no idea why cross toolchain bugs show up on our list15:51
skaetif they're not appropriate, that's also what I want to know.   So I can make sure they're not orphaned.15:51
ogra_they are linaro15:52
skaetfeel free to cut/paste them there, when you see it.15:52
ogra_i'll go over the list piece by piece offline before beta and talk to you if they are wrongly assigned15:52
skaetgenerally if they have armel tag,  I use that as indicator.15:52
ogra_thats definitely wrong15:52
ogra_armel covers everything thats armel :)15:53
ogra_not team specific at all15:53
* skaet is happy to figure out some better heuristics with ogra... :)15:53
ogra_only hw specific ...15:53
skaetany other questions for ogra?15:53
skaet[Topic] MOTU team update - ScottK15:53
ogra_we usually subscribe the ubuntu-armel team to the bugs we're intrested in15:53
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU team update - ScottK15:53
ScottKWe were going to discuss a mass giveback at this meeting.15:54
ScottKarmel's just been done, so no need to do it again.15:54
ScottKI think we ought to do i386/amd64/powerpc.15:54
skaetok,  things I'm aware of happening are the kernel builds.15:55
skaetcjwatson,  pitti,  what do you estimate the builder loads will be like?15:55
ScottKThe retries are almost all Universe so shouldn't block stuff in Main at all.15:55
ScottKIf we do it today, it'll be done before Monday.15:55
pittiskaet: I think we should do it now to make use of the weekend15:56
pittiand i386/amd64 are empty right now, it's just arm struggling15:56
pittiso, +1 from me15:56
cjwatsonright, I can check why all those buildds are disabled15:56
skaetok, sounds like we should be good to do it then.15:56
cjwatsonand if armel's just been done, that answers that part of it15:56
cjwatsonso yeah, let's do it15:56
ScottKIt has.15:56
pitticjwatson: the first three are known to lamont; it's not a spurious disconnect which we can just re-enable15:57
pittiskaet: and there won't be too much gardening of unapproved over the weekend; and if so, we can always bump their build score15:57
skaetpitti, cjwatson, ScottK - sounds like should be fine.  lets go for it.15:57
cjwatsonI'll take care of it (either directly or via lamont)15:58
skaetScottK,  you pulling the trigger?15:58
cjwatson15:58 <cjwatson> I'll take care of it (either directly or via lamont)15:58
ScottKskaet: I have no trigger.15:58
* skaet interpretted cjwatson15:58
ScottKI will write an email to warn people.15:58
skaetcomments about the builders not working rather than the start of the give back15:59
skaetthanks cjwatson15:59
cjwatsonoh, right, yeah, I meant the give-back15:59
skaetthanks for writing the warning note ScottK15:59
skaetany questions for ScottK?15:59
skaet[Topic] Linaro update - JamieBennett16:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Linaro update - JamieBennett16:00
JamieBennettSo not much to report this week16:00
JamieBennettwe uploaded a new kernel which fixed a tonne of bugs16:01
JamieBennettbut the multi-arch stuff still continues to happen16:01
* skaet nods16:01
* victorp says hi16:01
JamieBennettthe aim is for an integrated but not fully functional multi-arch story by end of cycle16:01
JamieBennettand a rocking 11.1016:01
JamieBennettso with that in mind we are just fixing issues that have happened due to the changes16:02
JamieBennettthere are no other real intersections to report16:02
skaetfair enough.   Thanks JamieBennett16:02
skaetany questions for JamieBennett ?16:03
doko_ScottK: mass give back was done for all archs beginning of this week. why is another one needed?16:03
ScottKdoko_: Was it done for all archs or just armel?16:03
ScottKIf it was all archs, then it's not.16:03
* ScottK thought it was just armel.16:03
ScottKdoko_: A quick sampling I see !armel build failures older than this week.16:05
ScottK(I found 3/9 just checking a few)16:05
skaet[ACTION] doko, ScottK, cjwatson review what's still needed for the giveback and initiate for non-armel if necessary.16:05
MootBotACTION received:  doko, ScottK, cjwatson review what's still needed for the giveback and initiate for non-armel if necessary.16:05
skaetvictorp?  do you have stable connection?16:05
victorp_kind of16:06
victorp_trying webchat.freenode.net16:06
victorp_skaet I have emailed you my update16:06
victorp_anyone there?16:06
victorp_ok - shall I go?16:07
skaetdo you want to try posting,  so we don't have extra work16:07
doko_ScottK: they were given back, if there are new ones ... I don't know16:07
skaetyes please...  just sec.16:07
skaetTopic] Hardware Certification team update16:07
victorp_lets try16:07
victorp_This weeks coverage is the biggest that we got so far. Lab issues are being fixed and new systems that we plan to certify for 11.04 are being added. You can find the report in the usual location:16:07
victorp_[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/hw-testing/current16:07
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/hw-testing/current16:07
victorp_We keep improving our tests to reduce false negatives  Some issues:   * The bug about the Tecra R700 not suspending/resuming properly is still outstanding:16:08
victorp_[LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/70828616:08
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/70828616:08
ubottuUbuntu bug 708286 in linux (Ubuntu) "Resume after suspend not working - Toshiba Tecra R700" [Undecided,New]16:08
victorp_* Some of the new systems added this week are not pxe booting. This looks like a configuration issue and we are still investigating16:08
victorp_Also, we reported Bootmetrics to the QA team16:08
marjovictorp_ thx!16:09
victorp_marjo - no probs16:09
skaetthanks victorp_  :)16:09
skaetany questions?16:09
skaet[Topic] any other kudos/comments/questions?16:09
MootBotNew Topic:  any other kudos/comments/questions?16:09
* skaet looking around.... 16:10
skaetThanks to marjo, jdstrand, ogasawara, cjwatson, zul, pitti, Chipaca_, Riddell, dbarth, ogra, ScottK, JamieBennett, victorp_, doko16:10
ogra_thanks skaet16:10
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:10.16:10
jdstrandthanks skaet16:10
marjoskaet: thx!16:10
Chipaca_de nada, actually :-/16:10
victorp_skaet thx! will try to get a better connection for next week16:11
skaetChipaca_, appreciate you following up with joshuahoover, and making sure there's something recorded.   so thanks are appropriate.16:11
skaetthanks victorp,  looking forward to better connection and DST issues getting resolved.  :)16:12
victorp:) now is working fine16:12
victorpmust be your meeting skaet ;)16:12
doko_jdstrand: archive rebuild still planned before the b1, but we need to fix basic multiarch things first, or else we see too many failures16:12
skaetvictorp,  lol.  yeah keep that excuse,  it might even work ;)16:13
jdstranddoko_: noted. thanks16:15
lamontcjwatson: the buildds get disabled because the packages they're being asked to build so massively overtax the buildd that either (1) it falls over dead, or (2) launchpad decides it has, even though it hasn't.  in either case, launchpad then moves the build onto the next buildd and we knock that one over in turn16:17
lamontand since gcc, gcj, openjdk, and such are (1) examples, (2) needs-build/building, and(3) in main, it really really sucks to be a universe package16:17
=== khrm_ is now known as khrm
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
=== Amaranth_ is now known as Amaranth
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-lunch
=== Thermi is now known as thermi
=== thermi is now known as Thermi
=== Thermi is now known as thermi
=== thermi is now known as Thermi
=== Ursinha-lunch is now known as Ursinha
=== Thermi is now known as thermi
=== thermi is now known as Thermi
=== releaselogger is now known as apachelogger
=== Thermi is now known as thermi
=== thermi is now known as Thermi
=== Claudinux_ is now known as Claudinux
=== Thermi is now known as thermi
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!