=== smoser` is now known as smoser
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== rsalveti` is now known as rsalveti
=== thermi is now known as Thermi
=== IdleOne is now known as Idle0ne
=== Thermi is now known as thermi
=== thermi is now known as Thermi
=== Idle0ne is now known as IdleOne
MootBotMeeting started at 15:00. The chair is tsimpson.21:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]21:00
tsimpson[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/IrcCouncil/MeetingAgenda21:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/IrcCouncil/MeetingAgenda21:01
topylizarro boogs21:01
tsimpson[topic] Review last meetings action items21:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Review last meetings action items21:01
tsimpson[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRCCouncil/TeamReports/11/March21:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRCCouncil/TeamReports/11/March21:02
tsimpsonjussi: did you get anywhere on "[ACTION] jussi to document thoughts on namespace limits"?21:03
topylijussi: have you gotten around to documenting the namespace limits? i suppose you've been a bit distracted by travel21:03
jussitsimpson: no, Ive been away and barely had time to think-21:03
tsimpsonI'll put that on the review items for the next meeting then21:04
tsimpsonso eir then21:05
topyliwe have feedback21:05
tsimpsonI don't think we got any real objection to its using NOTICEs, so that should be ok21:05
tsimpsonI was thinking that, when we enable it, we could use #ubuntu-ops-team for its reporting21:06
tsimpsonthat way it can be done in public, but not have everyone read internal comments etc21:06
jussithat sounds sane to me21:06
topyliit does21:06
tsimpsonit would probably be better than having everything in /msg, as ubottu does now21:07
jussiIm a bit out of things, what still needs to be done for integration with ubottu?21:07
tsimpsonmostly some technical issues with getting ubottu to figure out the ban/action ID21:08
topylitsimpson: it would be much better, we'd have some "papertrail" even if it's not public21:08
tsimpsoneir just knows "the last ban from <nick>", but it's a little more complex for ubottu21:08
tsimpsonI'm working on having ubottu query eir for the ban, then using that to get the ID21:09
tsimpsonbut it's a bit of a pain, especially as our DB is quite large21:09
jussiOk. one thing that I do suggest (and Im quite willing to help) is that we make sure the usage is all documented before we implement.21:10
tsimpsonbut it's not impossible, just a bit technical to find the "best" way21:10
tsimpsonbasically what I'm trying to do is, when eir pokes you for a comment in -team, ubottu will pick up the comment that you give to eir21:10
tsimpsonso you don't have to repeat yourself to ubottu and eir21:11
topylisounds good if you can get it working21:11
tsimpsonit may take some fiddling, eir uses ! for commands, where ubottu uses @21:12
tsimpsonbut we can mash something together, as !find and !info do now21:12
tsimpsonso in general, we agree that, when ubottu is ready, eir should be added to #ubuntu?21:13
topyliyes i support it21:13
tsimpson[agreed] eir to be added to #ubuntu once ubottu interoperates with it21:13
MootBotAGREED received:  eir to be added to #ubuntu once ubottu interoperates with it21:13
topylilet's review progress at meetings21:14
tsimpson[action] progress review for ubottu-eir interoperability at the next meeting21:14
MootBotACTION received:  progress review for ubottu-eir interoperability at the next meeting21:14
topyliright :)21:14
tsimpsonI think that's all the items from the last meeting21:15
topyliit also completes our agenda :)21:16
tsimpsonis there anything else anyone wants to discuss?21:16
topylioh one thing21:17
topyliwe should ask for ideas for uds21:17
tsimpsonah, yes21:18
topylijussi: you're going there right?21:18
jussiI mentioned this in -ops a few days back21:18
jussitopyli: no idea21:18
jussiLets see if they sponsor me21:18
topylithere is that21:18
topylianyway, an email to the list might be a good idea21:19
tsimpsonperhaps we should wait until we find out if one of us is going ;)21:19
topylii suppose :)21:19
topylihowever, the ideas will probably find a good place somewhere in the community stream even if we didn't have our own sessions21:20
jussiHave either of you applied?21:20
tsimpsonwiki page + email would be my suggestion21:20
tsimpsonwell I definitely can't go this year21:20
topylii haven't applied21:21
tsimpsonI'm not sure if I'll even be around on irc during UDS21:21
tsimpsonhopefully, but not sure21:21
jussitopyli: you have 2 days :)21:21
topylioh that's plenty! :)21:21
jussibut yes, I agree with tsimpson - wiki + email should do it21:22
jussitopyli: http://www.jonobacon.org/2011/02/23/ubuntu-developer-summit-sponsorship-now-open/21:22
tsimpsonwho wants to set that up?21:22
* tsimpson gets @random ready21:23
jussi@random elky nhandler tsimpson topyli jussi21:23
tsimpsonbad bot!21:23
tsimpsonI guess I'll do that then...21:23
* tsimpson makes a note to blacklist "tsimpson" from @random ;)21:23
jussiI can help out. (you can be responsible)21:24
topyliyeah you can write a draft and we'll chip in21:24
tsimpsonthere was also #ubuntu-helpteam before I forget again21:24
tsimpsonit's unused21:24
tsimpsonand should be closed/forwarded somewhere useful21:25
jussidrop it.21:25
tsimpson@random drop close forward21:25
tsimpsonthe bot agrees, it shall be done21:25
tsimpsonanyone want to do that one?21:26
jussiI gues just idle there a few weeks as to make sure someone doesnt pick it up21:26
jussiI can21:26
tsimpsonI've been idling there for a couple of months...21:26
tsimpsonI just keep forgetting to bring it up21:26
jussianyway, Im on it21:27
topylii don't really know how to drop channels :)21:27
topylisounds like a technical thing!21:27
jussitopyli: /msg chanserv drop #channel21:27
tsimpsonwe'd want to get staff to do it for us though, we aren't +F21:28
tsimpsonand to give you an idea of how unused it is, it has a link for 8.10 in the topic..21:28
topyliaction nhandler then?21:28
tsimpson[action] jussi to get staff to drop #ubuntu-helpteam21:28
MootBotACTION received:  jussi to get staff to drop #ubuntu-helpteam21:28
jussiaction completed :)21:28
tsimpsonanything else now that's done?21:29
jussi[action] Jussi to go to bed.21:29
topyliis there something we should do publicly about the rubbish channels?21:30
tsimpsonwe were going to mention dropping other channel right?21:30
jussiahh, yes.21:31
jussiWe should probably mail the list about that21:31
tsimpsonall the obviously off-topic and unused ones should probably just be dropped21:31
tsimpsonwe can compile a list of the others and attempt do do something sensible with them21:32
topyliare there a lot of channels we're uncertain about?21:32
topyliwhether they're useful or not21:32
tsimpsonwell the ones with freenode-staff as founder need sorting21:33
tsimpsonand there are a *lot* of channels to look through21:33
jussiI would think that if the channel is active and has FS as founder, then need to sort. otherwise, just get them dropped.21:34
tsimpsonwe need to go through the list and weed them out, that's going to take some time though21:34
tsimpsonand it's not something I'd like to action to one person ;)21:35
topylii wonder if we can get help from ops21:35
topylinobody probably *wants* to :)21:35
tsimpsonwe can just work our way through them, marking the ones that need dropping, and batch the drops21:36
tsimpsonthen go into details of in-use channels later21:36
topylii suppose it'll be done sooner or later if we get to it21:37
jussiI think thats the best way21:37
jussiWe have the document with the list already, so just to start marking them21:37
topylimy new hobby!21:38
tsimpson[action] IRCC to drop unused and off-topic channels, and contact other channels with freenode-staff as founder21:38
MootBotACTION received:  IRCC to drop unused and off-topic channels, and contact other channels with freenode-staff as founder21:38
jussiexcellent :)21:38
tsimpsonI think that really is all this time21:39
topylialright. thanks guys21:40
tsimpson[action] tsimpson to do post-meeting tasks21:40
MootBotACTION received:  tsimpson to do post-meeting tasks21:40
MootBotMeeting finished at 15:41.21:41
jussithanks lads!21:42
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== Thermi is now known as thermi

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!