hyperairsb levelclear -level clientcrap,crap,joins,parts,quits,nicks,clientnotice05:58
nigelbhyperair: did you forget a / ;)06:02
hyperairnigelb: yeah i did =((08:34
hyperairnigelb: i did /foreach window, so every channel got it >_<08:34
=== rpinson_ is now known as raphink
=== ogra_ac is now known as ogra_
=== thermi is now known as Thermi
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
=== fader_ is now known as fader
=== Thermi is now known as thermi
=== doko_ is now known as doko
skaetreminder SRU/LTS meeting will start in 1/2 hour.15:31
=== Thermi is now known as thermi
=== thermi is now known as Thermi
* marjo waves to skaet15:56
marjohi pedro_15:57
pedro_hola hola15:57
hggdhoi oi15:58
skaethi all16:00
MootBotMeeting started at 10:00. The chair is skaet.16:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:00
skaetSRU/LTS bi-weekly synch meeting.16:01
skaetReminder, please follow the convention  of using ".." on a separate line when you've finished typing.    Also, If someone wants to comment on the last point, please "o/", so we know to wait.16:01
skaet[TOPIC] End of Life - Karmic, Hardy-Desktop16:01
skaetJust a reminder that April 2011 will see end of life of Karmic Koala (9.10), and Hardy Heron (8.04) Desktop.16:01
skaetNote will be going out this week, for the one month warning.16:01
skaetDapper Drake (6.06) Server will end of life in June 2011.16:01
MootBotNew Topic:  End of Life - Karmic, Hardy-Desktop16:01
skaet[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases16:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases16:01
skaetAny concerns or issues to flag with the approaching EOL?16:01
skaet[TOPIC] Kernel SRU status - sconklin, bjf16:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel SRU status - sconklin, bjf16:02
sconklinIn order to sync the kernel cadence schedule back up16:02
sconklinwith the master interlock schedule, I've proposed16:02
sconklinthat we take the kernels which have been in16:02
sconklinThe end result of this is that any changes to kernels which were16:02
sconklinapproved after week before last will not show up in -proposed until April 29th16:02
sconklindid that all make it?16:02
arano :(16:02
marjosconklin: no16:02
sconklinok, here goes again16:03
sconklinIn order to sync the kernel cadence schedule back up16:03
sconklinwith the master interlock schedule, I've proposed16:03
sconklinthat we take the kernels which have been in16:03
sconklin-proposed for a week and just treat them as16:03
sconklinif they were uploaded last Friday.16:03
sconklinThis is effectively just putting the kernel cadence on hold for a week.16:03
sconklinThe end result of this is that any changes to kernels which were16:03
sconklinapproved after week before last will not show up in -proposed until April 29th16:03
sconklin(five weeks from now), and will not be released until May 19th (almost16:03
sconklineight weeks from now).16:03
skaetgo ara16:04
araI agree with the resync16:04
arabut I would like to keep the Maverick cadence if possible16:04
arathere are a lot of fixes the the HWE team needs to release16:05
araand 8 weeks is too long time for them to wait16:05
araso my proposal would be16:06
ara* Resync with QA schedule. This is, keeping this kernel two more weeks16:06
arain -proposed, so QA can test it next week.16:06
ara* Keep the cadence for Maverick (uploading new ones April 8th, April 22nd)16:06
ara* Start again with the 2 week cadence after UDS (uploading kernels for16:06
araall the releases on May 20th)16:06
skaetsconklin go16:06
marjoara: that would work well for QA, allows us to concentrate on beta-1 this week16:07
skaetmarjo,  what would be one with the April 8th kernels?   does the QA team have bandwidth to test them along with the final Natty testing?16:08
sconklinara, that's fine with the stable kernel team. I think we can meet that, and it would serve some needs that are pretty critical. In general if we're going to split out some series for a different schedule, I;d like to have a good display of what those schedules are, but that's a different problem16:08
skaetbjf, let ara respond and then you go.16:09
araskaet, kernels for April 8th and 22nd would only be for Maverick16:09
araskaet, so, if QA could test those, that would help a lot the HWE team16:10
sconklin.. (forgot)16:10
bjfdoes that mean the current cycle started last Thursday ? it's kind of confusing to start cycles mid week.16:10
marjoskaet, ara: the problem w/ kernels for April 8 is conflict w/ testing for beta-2 week of April 1116:11
skaetara, yes,   April 22 should probably work out ok  (QA testing first week of May),  but I'm a bit concerned about April 8th proposal.16:11
aramarjo, I understand, but if they uploda the kernel on Friday, you guys have Friday, Monday and Tuesday for Maverick kernel16:11
marjoand week of april 25 is final release testing16:12
aramarjo, it is very unlikely that the Beta testing start before Tuesday16:12
marjoara: sure, very risky imho16:12
skaetara,  uploaded kernels are tested by week after by QA  (validation week first)16:12
* JackyAlcine will be right back.16:13
araskaet, sorry?16:13
* skaet sorry16:13
araskaet, then it is perfect, it is the week in between :)16:14
skaetara,  not quite,  we've got holidays that week, and last updates.16:14
araskaet, but, why don't we try?16:15
araskaet, the only thing that can go wrong is that finally we don't have time for the SRU, and it does not get uploaded (as per the kernel team policy)16:15
bjfara, +116:15
skaetara,  I'm just worrying about the QA team's bandwidth.16:16
skaetfor the month of april.16:16
marjoskaet: thx; see above comments16:16
skaetwe'll be doing one cycle already this month,  and then one in early may.16:16
skaetwhat is the pressure for the fixes to motivate the risk to Natty?16:17
skaetara,  vanhoof, ^^  ?16:17
marjoskaet: i have the same question; posed to vanhoof16:17
sconklin(when this topic has closed)16:19
* skaet looking around for comments from vanhoof?16:20
araskaet, I think vanhoof is on swap day today16:21
skaetahh, ok,  we'll stop waiting then.16:21
skaetsconklin go, while I try to summarize where we are with the interlock.16:21
sconklinBrad's question went unanswered - Why do schedules start mid-week? It would work much better for us if uploads to -proposed were on Monday and not Friday16:22
sconklinI meant Thursday16:22
=== bjf is now known as bjf[afk]
sconklinMonday not Thursday16:23
skaetsconklin,  pattern was followed for interlock with development release schedules16:23
skaethowever,  the reason for indicating the -proposed (date)16:23
skaetwas to clarify when things were available16:24
skaetsimilarily with -update(date) which doesn't happen on thursdayse either.16:24
skaetinterlock, is because testing happens with other teams work on that schedule.16:24
skaetwe can certainly revisit this, and resetting expectations at UDS.16:24
skaetkey is that we have to look at it from the overall viewpoint to keep things sane for the teams that have to work between stable, and development.16:25
sconklinok, not trying to change anything today but let's open a discussion among the teams about it16:25
skaetmoving on then since I was busy typing ;)  will summarize at the end.16:26
skaet[TOPIC] QA status - marjo16:26
MootBotNew Topic:  QA status - marjo16:26
marjohi folks16:26
marjoDapper completed on March 21. No regressions. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/KernelSRU-dapper-2.6.15-57.9416:27
marjoHardy completed on March 25. No regressions. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/KernelSRU-hardy-2.6.24-29.8816:27
marjoNew LUB, LBM and LRM installed correctly too.16:27
marjoskaet: given the previous discussion, are you still interested in possible test plans for this week, or not?16:27
skaetmarjo,  am interested in test plans for next week.16:28
marjoit's getting late on a monday...16:28
marjoah ok16:28
* skaet notes the kernel available should be in verification this week, testing next16:28
marjoso, next week (week of April 4), the QA team is available for testing Lucid and/or Maverick kernels16:29
skaetthanks marjo.16:30
skaetany question?16:31
skaet[TOPIC] HW certification - ara16:31
MootBotNew Topic:  HW certification - ara16:31
araWe are waiting for the verification phase to finish to start testing16:31
arasconklin, when are you guys expecting the patches to be verified?16:31
arahow is the verification going?16:31
sconklinone sec16:31
sconklinit looks like we have a couple of bugs left to be verified for lucid and maverick, but if we're resetting the schedule so that verification effectively started Friday, then we should be able to easily get those16:33
sconklinI expect in the next day or so if I start harassing people16:33
arasconklin, sounds good, let us know when that happens, please16:33
MootBotLINK received:  http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/reports/sru-report.html16:33
sconklinlatest status is always here16:33
skaetsconklin,  let me summarize to make sure I'm understanding...16:34
skaetyou'll fiinish off the verifications in next day or two,  and then send email to the list.16:35
skaetat that time QA and HW cert (as their other schedules permit)  can start.16:35
skaetwith starting no later than this Friday.16:35
skaetsconklin, ara, marjo - does that match your understanding too?16:36
sconklinYes, that's the way I read the Nattyinterlock schedule, and that's what we're targeting.16:36
marjoskaet: why, "no later than this Friday"?16:36
marjoskaet: usually, QA testing starts on Mondays16:37
skaetmarjo,  beta-1 will be out, and code will be ready.16:37
marjoskaet: ack16:37
skaetthanks marjo.16:37
skaetany other questions?16:37
skaet[TOPIC] general SRU status - pitti16:38
MootBotNew Topic:  general SRU status - pitti16:38
pittistill need to schedule a training session with SpammapS16:38
pittilast time we had one the queues were empty, and then the beta-1 rush came in the way16:38
pittithere is a high-urgency bind9 update which we need to rush through, for bug 65187516:39
ubottuLaunchpad bug 651875 in bind9 (Ubuntu Lucid) "Bind 9.7.0-P1 validation errors" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/65187516:39
pitti(Daviey is on it now)16:39
pittiotherwise, business as usual16:39
skaetthanks pitti16:39
skaetany one have questions?16:40
skaet[TOPIC] OEM priorities16:40
MootBotNew Topic:  OEM priorities16:40
skaetany one around to represent OEM since vanhoof is out?   smagoun?16:40
smagounskaet: I'm here16:40
skaetany issues to flag, and priorities we need to be aware of?16:41
smagounskaet: I confess I've not been following the meeting though - is this specifically OEM priorities for Natty?16:41
skaetsmagoun,  for maverick, lucid, and other stable releases16:41
skaet(everything except natty ;) )16:41
smagounskaet: The SRU cycle has been preempted by 11.04 testing, which has caused a bit of fuss in OEM but we've worked around it.16:41
smagounskaet: We have a couple of bugs in the -proposed kernel, we do want them to see the light of day eventually ;)16:42
skaetsmagoun,  the fixes in proposed will be going through in week after this one.16:43
smagounskaet: I think the (natural) tension of having 1 team test new development (11.04) and maintenance needs to be addressed organizationally, which makes it a good topic for the UDS timeframe16:43
skaetsmagoun,  agreed16:43
smagounskaet: Going through, as in released to -updates?16:44
skaetsmagoun,  per the interlock, that's targeted for 4/7.16:45
skaetafter that next window for fixes to go to updates is end of first week of may.16:45
skaetall changes for that one will need to be in -proposed by 4/22.16:46
smagounskaet: ok, thanks. A couple people around here interpreted bjf's mail as there being nothing new into -updates from now until May. Glad to hear that's not the case.16:46
skaetthanks smagoun16:46
skaetany other questions?16:46
smagounnot right now, thanks16:47
skaetI meant anyone else have questions for you ;)   will move on though since I don't see any hands16:47
skaet[TOPIC] Support priorities - martins16:47
MootBotNew Topic:  Support priorities - martins16:47
* skaet not seeing martins in the channels though today.16:48
skaetanyone have concerns from support?  representing martin?16:48
skaet[TOPIC] New business, last chance for general questions? - all16:48
MootBotNew Topic:  New business, last chance for general questions? - all16:48
skaetdoes anyone want me to summarize what the plan is for the next month,  or is it pretty clear now from the discussions?16:49
arasummary! summary! go skaet, go!16:49
skaetkernel  (maverick, lucid) -> proposed  3/2516:50
skaetverification in progress this week16:50
skaethw cert/qa   - 4/1-4/716:51
skaetkernel (maveric, lucid) -> update 4/716:51
skaetkernel ( maverick, lucid?)-> proposed 4/2216:51
skaetverification 4/25-4/2916:52
skaethw cert/qa - 4/29 - 5/516:52
skaetkernel (maverick, lucid? ) to update 5/516:53
skaetafter that we're at UDS, and revisit the cycle for the rest of Oneiric.16:53
marjoskaet: ack16:53
arasounds good to me16:53
skaetsconklin, bjf - ok?16:54
sconklinyes, I think that matches everything that we talked about earlier, and I'm happy to see the possibility that Lucid will get through also16:55
skaetok,  thanks all.   I think we've got this sorted then.16:55
skaetgood meeting.16:55
marjoskaet: thx16:55
skaetnext meeting is 4/11.16:55
MootBotMeeting finished at 10:56.16:56
skaetthanks marjo, ara, bjf, sconklin, pitti, smagoun16:56
sconklinThanks skaet!16:56
arathanks skaet!16:56
pittithanks all16:58
=== bjf[afk] is now known as bjf
=== Thermi is now known as thermi
=== thermi is now known as Thermi
jdstrandlet's get started18:06
* sbeattie waves18:06
MootBotMeeting started at 12:07. The chair is jdstrand.18:07
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]18:07
jdstrandThe meeting agenda can be found at:18:07
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting18:07
jdstrand[TOPIC] Review of any previous action items18:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Review of any previous action items18:07
jdstrandsbeattie uploaded apparmor 2.6.1. great work sbeattie, thanks!18:08
sbeattiejdstrand: thanks for sponsoring!18:08
jdstrandI (finally) got arround to looking at blackhat/defcon registration, and that is underway now18:08
jdstrandsbeattie: sure thing :)18:08
jdstrand[TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report18:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly stand-up report18:09
jdstrandI'll go first18:09
jdstrandso, last week I didn't get to a bunch of stuff I thought I would, and this week is a short week for me18:09
jdstrandI will be off friday and then next monday and tuesday18:09
jdstrandI am on triage this week18:10
jdstrandI hope to finish testing the openldap and libvirt updates18:10
jdstrandand I expect some archive admin work for beta18:10
jdstrandI'll try to get to the other stuff I said I'd do last week as I have time18:10
jdstrandthat's it from me18:11
jdstrandmdeslaur: you're up18:11
mdeslaurI am currently testing packages for a bunch of security updates I've prepared last week18:11
mdeslaurI'll be publishing them this week if all goes well18:11
mdeslaurbeyond that, I'll go down the list18:11
mdeslauroh, and if this is beta week, I'll do some iso testing also18:11
mdeslaurthat's it from me.18:11
mdeslaur-> sbeattie18:12
sbeattieI was on community last week, sponsored a couple of packages (dtc, loggerhead)18:12
sbeattieI'm in the happy place this week, so I'm looking for updates to pick up (was thinking postfix)18:12
sbeattieI think that's all for me.18:13
sbeattieOh, yeah, iso testing.18:13
* sbeattie has one system left to upgrade to natty as well.18:13
* sbeattie -> micahg18:14
micahgso, as jdstrand added to the wiki, I'm cleaning up after the comodo mess18:14
micahgnss, qt4-x11, ca-certificates (maybe)18:15
micahgthere's a chromium update, but we're blocked on an upstream regression18:15
micahgand I have ISO testing18:15
jdstrandmicahg: is there a workaround for that? ie, can we just fallback to the previous behavior?18:15
micahgjdstrand: well, there's a workaround, but it's flaky IMHO18:16
micahgwas going to discuss with you further after the meeting18:16
jdstrandmicahg: right, --detect=auto or something. I meant something where we can just have the old upstream behavior18:16
micahgjdstrand: well, I have to see exactly what the old behavior was to answer that :)18:17
jdstrandmicahg: ok. as you know, fta can probably help there. I don't think we can publish chromium in good conscience with that regression18:18
micahgso, possibly, fta mentioned possibly working around it18:18
jdstrandmicahg: alternatively, I wonder if we can snag fta's previous update for the comodo fixes and push that into the archive18:18
jdstrandmicahg: then wait for upstream to fix the regressino18:18
jdstrand(assuming there isn't a good way to deal with the current version that has the additional security fixes)18:19
micahgI'll look into that18:20
jdstrandmicahg: did you have anything else?18:22
micahgno, I think that's it for me18:22
jdstrand[TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions18:22
MootBotNew Topic:  Miscellaneous and Questions18:22
jdstrandLooks like self-evaluations are done. I need to do my part now (I have a couple weeks)18:23
jdstrandall work items tied to natty's release are completed. Great job everyone! :)18:23
jdstrandthat's all I have18:24
jdstranddoes anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?18:24
jdstrandmicahg: go ahead18:24
micahgwhen does the review for the testing libraries (QRT) start? next week?18:25
micahgyep, ok :)18:26
jdstrand^ that says kernel and glibc should be happening now18:26
jdstrandthe rest fall port-beta18:26
jdstrandkees and/or sbeattie have traditionally done the kernel/glibc ones18:27
jdstrandand I'm pretty sure they have been done all the way along18:27
jdstrandany other questions?18:28
jdstrandok. thanks everyone!18:28
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:28.18:28
micahgthanks jdstrand18:28
mdeslaurthanks jdstrand!18:30
jdstrandsure! :)18:31
=== em is now known as emma
SpamapSany chance DMB will get quorum today?19:58
LaneyI am partially here19:59
* stgraber too19:59
stgraberjust got out of a meeting and have quite a lot of stuff to do now but will follow the meeting for votes and stuff19:59
stgraberthat's if we manage to get quorum20:00
* bdrung_ is here, but very tired.20:00
SpamapSbdrung_: as long as you're not cranky.. thats ok. ;)20:00
stgrabermaco, cody-somerville, persia, geser: ping20:01
=== apachelogger is now known as javalogger
bdrung_SpamapS: not cranky, just slow and unemotional20:02
ScottKI would propose not approving SpamapS so we still get to make him do useful stuff in exchange for sponsorship.20:02
Laneywho wants to chair?20:03
cody-somervilleWow. 8 applications? Geez. I dunno if we'll get through them all.20:03
LaneyI am on my phone and in a pub so no good.20:03
* geser waves20:03
SpamapSplease do not pay attention to scottk he is a master extortionist ;)20:04
geserScottK: will SpamapS do useless stuff if he gets upload rights?20:05
ScottKextorionist/efficient distorbutor of necessary work.20:05
SpamapSScottK: all a matter of perspective. :)20:05
ScottKgeser: No, but I'll lose leverage to get him to work on my stuff.20:05
SpamapSgeser: I will occasionally still play Angry Birds if I have upload rights.. ;)20:06
Laneycan we get started?20:06
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-lunch
cyphermoxhrw, hey20:06
* cody-somerville volunteers to chair.20:06
* hrw just arrived at home - 21:07 here20:06
cody-somervilleDo we have quorum?20:07
MootBotMeeting started at 14:07. The chair is cody-somerville.20:07
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]20:07
cody-somerville[TOPIC] Review of previous action items20:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Review of previous action items20:07
cody-somerville* Emmet Hikory to organise the selection process for DMB renewal20:08
cody-somerville[TOPIC] Administrative Matters20:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Administrative Matters20:08
cody-somerville[TOPIC] Administrative Matters: Review progress of probationary period of Marco Rodrigues20:09
geseris the mailing lists admin issue now resolved?20:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Administrative Matters: Review progress of probationary period of Marco Rodrigues20:09
cody-somervilleSo, I've unfortunately dropped the ball on this. It had been my intention to have already sent an e-mail report out weeks ago.20:09
Laneygeser: mostly, I think someone from the tb sould sort out the dmb admin soon20:10
Laneymailed today.20:10
cody-somervilleI still intend to send an e-mail. To summarize however, I'm unsure if the probation period has been entirely effective.20:11
cody-somervilleThough there were a few occasions early on where Marco did not follow the agreement by participating in discussions in #ubuntu-motu.20:11
cody-somervilleAnd I've not yet processed anything he has submitted to me that I was actually able to sponsor due to problems.20:12
geserwhat kind of problems?20:12
cody-somervilleHe requested a sync but did not test build it in Ubuntu. It turned out the package FTBFS in Ubuntu. I later found there was even already a bug report open regarding it.20:13
cody-somervilleFurthermore, doing an actual debdiff resulted in additional delta not mentioned in the package changelog and that was not mentioned in his request.20:14
cody-somervilleIt appears the decision to request the sync was based entirely on examination of the package changelogs.20:15
cody-somerville[TOPIC]  Administrative Matters: Membership renewal policy for delegated teams20:17
MootBotNew Topic:   Administrative Matters: Membership renewal policy for delegated teams20:17
geserhow many requests from Marco did you had to review?20:17
cody-somervillegeser, It submitted 5 in total. The last one sent to me was January 25th.20:18
cody-somervilleHe sent me an e-mail February 7th regarding one of the requests I had not yet processed. The request was sufficiently old to ping me about it.20:19
bdrung_did you had any problems besides technical issues?20:20
bdrung_did he repeat mistakes?20:21
=== bdrung_ is now known as bdrung
geserI guess we can discuss this after your detailed report per mail, let's move to the next topic as the agenda is long20:21
* bdrung nods.20:22
ScottKHe's been involved in Ubuntu development since 2007, IIRC.  Basic stuff like test building he should know by now.20:22
Laneycurrently the members of delegated teams need to have their membership renewed by an admin. I don't see what the point of this is, seems to be busy work to me. I suggest we allow members of delegated teams to renew themselves.20:22
Laneysorry for being terse again, on phone20:22
bdrungi am fine with this change.20:22
geserScottK: true, and this sound like the kind of the problems in the past20:23
cody-somervillebdrung, He participated in #ubuntu-motu a few times even after reminder that it violated the agreement.20:23
Laneyshall we just vote?20:23
ScottKgeser: Agreed.20:24
cody-somervillegreping my logs I actually see he said something to Laney on the 20th of January even20:24
cody-somerville(in #ubuntu-motu)20:24
cody-somervilleJan 20 13:03:39 <Kmos>Laney: check collab-qa for udd scripts, there is a rcbugs for debian -> ubuntu, it could be adapted easily.20:24
cody-somervilleLaney, on the renewal policy?20:24
cody-somerville[VOTE] Allow members of delegated teams to renew themselves.20:25
MootBotPlease vote on:  Allow members of delegated teams to renew themselves..20:25
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot20:25
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting20:25
MootBot+1 received from bdrung. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 120:25
MootBot+1 received from Laney. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 220:26
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 320:26
MootBot+1 received from cody-somerville. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 420:26
MootBot+1 received from geser. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 520:27
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 520:27
cody-somerville[AGREED] Allow members of delegated teams to renew themselves20:27
MootBotAGREED received:  Allow members of delegated teams to renew themselves20:27
cody-somerville[TOPIC] Administrative Matters: New meeting time20:27
MootBotNew Topic:  Administrative Matters: New meeting time20:28
Laneyi'll have an action to update them20:28
cody-somerville[ACTION] Laney to update delegated teams to allow members to renew their memberships themselves.20:28
MootBotACTION received:  Laney to update delegated teams to allow members to renew their memberships themselves.20:28
Laneywe sometimes have issues achieving quorum20:29
LaneyI hope someonhe else can pesent this better)20:29
hrwLaney: like 2 weeks ago?20:29
cody-somervilleParticularly at the earlier meeting time, right?20:29
LaneyThere was a discussion on the ML about changing one or both of our times20:30
Laneycody-somerville: yeah, I believe it doesnt work so well for those of us in the americas20:30
* cody-somerville nods.20:30
LaneyI think there was broad approval to move the earlier meeting 1 hour later20:30
Laneybut this slot seems to work OK20:31
Laneydoes anyone have a problem with that?20:31
bdrunglooking at the meeting logs shows that we had problems only with the early meeting time (3x in the last half year)20:31
bdrungmoving the meeting won't change anything for me20:32
stgrabermoving the early meeting an hour later would make it a lot easier for me, still not perfect as it's a Monday morning and I tend to be busy with other things, but as it's once a month I should be able to make it20:32
geserI can't make the early meeting at all (if that's a problem to reach quorum)20:32
cody-somervilleIf anyone does have a problem, please feel free to e-mail the DMB mailing list. Otherwise I think its safe to say we'll move forward with the changes Laney described.20:32
cody-somerville[TOPIC] MOTU Application: Sylvestre Ledru - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/SylvestreLedruMOTU20:33
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU Application: Sylvestre Ledru - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/SylvestreLedruMOTU20:33
cody-somervilleI'm not sure if Sylvestre is here or not - lp page doesn't list IRC nick.20:34
cody-somervilleHowever, I'm happy to move forward with voting based on the contents of the application.20:35
LaneyI think we ought to give him a chance to respond to the comment20:35
cody-somervilleMy vote would be the same even if the comment wasn't there.20:36
cody-somervilleThe comment was also made on the 12th. In other cases where there was negative commentary on an application, applicants would often comment on the comment in-line.20:37
LaneyI'm keen not to hold up those who are here20:38
Laneyso however you wish to move forward20:38
bdrungi prefer to talk to him before voting20:39
cody-somerville[TOPIC] Ubuntu Core Developer Application: Clint Byrum - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ClintByrum/DeveloperApplication20:40
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Core Developer Application: Clint Byrum - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ClintByrum/DeveloperApplication20:40
ScottKBTW, I'd say -1 based on reviewing a disasterous upload from him during Maverick final freeze ...20:40
ScottK(that was for Sylvestre)20:40
LaneyScottK: could you elaborate on the application?20:40
ari-tczewSylvestre doesn't build package before uploading and then he comments on bug what I should to do to fix his FTBFS - funny... his bad upload, his fix - easy.20:41
LaneySpamapS: hi20:41
Laneyhow are you? :-)20:42
SpamapSVery well thanks. No more jet lag this time.20:42
ScottKLaney: I'll try to remember.  I'm on the way out the door right now.20:44
ScottK+1 on SpamapS, BTW.20:44
ScottKGotta run.20:44
SpamapSScottK: ty!20:45
LaneyI see you commented on a lack of clarity around the application criteria - do you have any suggestions on how we can improve?20:45
geserSpamapS: oh, did you accept enough tasks from ScottK that he changed his mind? :)20:46
SpamapSI'd like to see a very clear pool of mentors established. The debian mentoring process seems stronger, and its very clear that your mentor will help guide you to the next step.20:46
SpamapSgeser: Yes I will have to shovel his sidewalk next time I'm in Baltimore. ;)20:47
LaneyWe have a mentorship programme, but I agree that it's not very active right now...20:48
cody-somervilleSpamapS, Would you consider yourself familiar with Ubuntu development procedures and policies? Would you be able to advise a new contributor on them?20:48
SpamapSIts also not exactly clear if I've "done enough" for core dev. Many of my colleagues tell me that I have, but there's no authoritative source that says yes.20:48
SpamapScody-somerville: I think in my brief time I've become quite familiar with the lower level of development; packaging, bug triage, patch forwarding, etc. With that, yes I think I would definitely be able to walk a new contributor through the process, and in fact, have been mentoring one such person just recently.20:49
BlackZLaney: we're *slowly* reorganizing it20:49
cody-somervilleSpamapS, How about in relationship to performing an SRU? Freezes? Freeze Exceptions?20:50
SpamapScody-somerville: to the point of higher level ubuntu policies, such as releases , MIR's, SRU's, etc., I'd say I am at an intermediate level, and still have a lot to learn, especially around the actual stable release process.20:50
* highvoltage wants to through in some cheerleading for SpamapS since he's very much present and involved in #ubuntu-motu and is helpful and interactive with the larger community (and in my opinion that means a lot)20:50
SpamapScody-somerville: I've actually begun the process of training with Martin Pitt to join the SRU team. :)20:51
cody-somervilleSpamapS, Are you a MOTU?20:51
SpamapSthat is something I just started two weeks ago, and have not added to my developer app yet.20:51
SpamapScody-somerville: no I am not a MOTU.20:51
cody-somervilleSpamapS, Is there a particular reason you haven't applied to be a MOTU?20:51
SpamapScody-somerville: by the time my application was ready, and I showed it to a few people, they said I should skip MOTU / server package set, and go for core dev.20:52
cody-somervilleSpamapS, have you had any uploads sponsored by a community member before?20:53
SpamapScody-somerville: Not sure I understand the question. I've had quite a few sponsored uploads to Ubuntu.20:54
cody-somervilleSpamapS, Have had any uploads sponsored by someone you don't work with? :)20:55
* tumbleweed has sponsored uploads for SpamapS20:55
tumbleweed( I think)20:55
* broder too20:55
* micahg sponsored some pre-canonical20:55
SpamapScody-somerville: to Ubuntu.. I don't know. Maybe ScottK has done a few uploads for me. I have had some things uploaded to Debian by people I don't work with.20:55
* SpamapS is ashamed that he doesn't remember all of his sponsors. :/20:56
broderwe really need a script for looking sponsorship info up20:56
* broder goes to see how quickly he can throw one together20:56
tumbleweedbroder: I have one somewhere20:56
* cody-somerville has no further questions.20:57
micahgbroder: I filed a bug to ask for it to be integrated into LP20:57
Laneyme neither.20:57
stgraberI'm really sorry but I have another meeting in 3 minutes, so I'd appreciate it if we could vote on SpamapS. Then I'll have to leave you.20:57
brodertumbleweed: sounds like that would be an awesome ubuntu-dev-tools addition, but let's take this elsewhere20:57
cody-somerville[VOTE] Ubuntu Core Developer Application: Clint Byrum20:57
MootBotPlease vote on:  Ubuntu Core Developer Application: Clint Byrum.20:57
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot20:57
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting20:57
MootBot+1 received from cody-somerville. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 120:57
bdrungbroder: i agree on both points20:57
MootBot+1 received from Laney. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 220:58
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 320:58
MootBot+1 received from bdrung. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 420:58
MootBot+1 received from geser. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 520:59
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 520:59
stgrabercongratz SpamapS20:59
cody-somervilleSpamapS, Congratulations.20:59
* SpamapS bows humbly21:00
cyphermoxcongrats SpamapS21:00
SpamapSthanks so much to all. :)21:00
* SpamapS does a little dance at his desk21:00
cody-somervilleI also have to go now unfortunately.21:00
Laneyme too.21:00
LaneyWe'll get through more applications next time.21:01
Laneythanks all!21:01
geserthen we lost quorum?21:01
bdrungSpamapS: you can continue that dance at UDS ;)21:01
cyphermoxappears so21:01
stgrabergeser: with 3 of us leaving out of the 5 present at the meeting, it seems so21:01
hrwso 28 April21:01
MootBotMeeting finished at 15:01.21:01
=== pak33m is now known as Guest62795
hrwhave a nice rest of day21:06
=== thermi is now known as Thermi
=== Ursinha-lunch is now known as Ursinha
=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== Thermi is now known as thermi
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!