=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen
=== Ursinha-bbl is now known as Ursinha
=== skaet is now known as skaet_zzz
=== thermi is now known as Thermi
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== skaet_zzz is now known as skaet
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
MootBotMeeting started at 10:00. The chair is NCommander.16:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:00
* NCommander mutters something about the sun16:00
ogra_its called oracle nowadays, no ?16:01
NCommanderogra_: that pun made my head hurt16:01
NCommander[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2011/20110331#16:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2011/20110331#16:01
davidm__ogra_, true enough, I think they are selling off the sun.com domain16:01
NCommanderNeed a moment to fix it, the page didn't save last night16:01
NCommanderthere are no standing items16:02
NCommanderaction items16:02
NCommander[topic] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel.html16:02
MootBotNew Topic:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel.html16:02
NCommanderand http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/natty/ubuntu-armel-ubuntu-11.04-beta-2.html16:02
ogra_no action items, working images ....16:02
ogra_we should all go on holiday immediately !16:02
NCommanderogra_: indeed16:03
NCommanderBurndown charts look good16:03
* ogra_ twiddles thumbs waiting for FF16:03
NCommanderalthough I don't know when I got this work item:16:03
NCommander"other-design-n-chinaUndefinedElliot Murphy, Michael Casadevall: Ensure that it becomes easy to download Ubuntu and updates within China16:03
ogra_FF4 on 512M is really painful16:03
janimoogra_, what about chromium?16:03
NCommanderogra_: we should ship chromium out of the box, maybe a bug for UDS16:04
ogra_janimo, neon issues i think, SIGILL on startup16:04
janimoogra_, ah, tegra16:04
ogra_i havent researched yet since i'm not sure its tegra specific16:04
highvoltageany full-featured web browser will be tough on 512MB, it's not a browser issue, it's the data you load with it16:04
ogra_FF3 is fine16:04
highvoltageweb pages are fhuge16:04
ogra_actually a lot better than 416:04
ogra_swaps a lot less16:05
janimoogra_, I wonder what FF4 for android does - although those phones may have more than 512M16:05
ogra_so our reputation for beta 2 fully hangs on ricardo :)16:05
GrueMasterI forgot to close out my 1 outstanding item (add headless to iso tracker).  Closed now.16:05
rsalvetiwell, not my nexus s16:05
rsalvetiand it runs quite well16:05
NCommanderrsalveti: thought you had a samsung galaxy S16:05
rsalvetihad :-)16:05
* NCommander has 512MiB on his Nexus One, and 256 on his G1 and they were both good16:06
rsalvetiogra_: yeah :-)16:06
NCommanderrsalveti: so you replaced your phone ... with the same phone?16:06
rsalvetibut actually depending on progress by linaro16:06
ogra_anyway, lets move on, there are some kernel bugs we need to talk over16:06
* janimo is yet to own a phone that knows better than grayscale and have > 2" screen16:06
rsalvetiNCommander: yup, but naturally with a newer android version16:06
rsalvetiso, move16:06
NCommander[topic] Unity 2D Status16:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Unity 2D Status16:07
ogra_fine so far, i will get the final code dump from upstream on the 7th16:07
ogra_final freeze is the 10th btw16:07
ogra_kate moved it forward16:08
davidm__Nice, they look to be closing bugs pretty well now16:08
ogra_oh, i had a list even16:08
* ogra_ digs16:08
ogra_thats it for u-2d16:09
ogra_if you find any additional bugs you want fixed, raise them with upstream please16:09
ogra_move (unless there are questions)16:10
NCommander[topic] Kernel Status (cooloney, rsalveti)16:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel Status (cooloney, rsalveti)16:11
rsalvetiUbuntu-2.6.38-1207.10 finally hit the archive for omap416:11
ogra_pgraner gave me a list of bugs from beta teating he wants to have properly adressed ...16:11
rsalvetiwith display and hdmi audio fixes included16:11
ogra_bug 74613316:11
GrueMasterNeed more fixes in both areas.16:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 746133 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu) "Video loses sync on omap4" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/74613316:11
ogra_bug 74613716:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 746137 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu Natty) "Page allocation failure on omap4" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/74613716:12
rsalvetiyeah, luckily GrueMaster was able to hit display issues with this kernel16:12
rsalvetias nobody had any issues16:12
ogra_he also mentioned bug 651302 but there shouldnt be any kernel stuff to do16:12
ubottuLaunchpad bug 651302 in Ubuntu Natty "No sound in omap (beagle, beagleXM)." [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/65130216:12
rsalvetinot for beagle16:12
* ogra_ didnt have a single display issue with headless ;)16:12
GrueMasterWrong bug16:12
rsalvetithe page allocation failure I'm waiting a new test16:12
ogra_well, thats not true, i did16:13
rsalvetithat I requested at the bug16:13
GrueMasterbug 74602316:13
ubottuLaunchpad bug 746023 in alsa-lib (Ubuntu) "No sound on omap4" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/74602316:13
GrueMasterThat one I filed against alsa-lib (UCM).16:13
rsalvetiagain we should spend some time fixing the audio issues for both boards16:13
ogra_GrueMaster, in any case there shouldnt be any kernel work even for trhat one16:13
ogra_rsalveti, well, for panda its a matter of getting the UCM config file16:14
GrueMasterThere shouldn't be kernel work for either board sound issues.16:14
GrueMasterBeagle works with minor tweaks in alsamixer.16:14
ogra_we should also get the highmem issue higer on someones todo16:14
ogra_doesnt really feel like anyone looks into it16:15
rsalvetiwell, current status is that it appears in some boards16:15
ogra_agreen always starts talking about bluetooth if you ask him about highmem :)16:15
rsalvetibecause he's unable to reproduce it with his board16:15
ogra_but everyone else is, no ?16:16
rsalvetiso it's possible to be related with the hardware16:16
ogra_his might be broken in a fixing way ;)16:16
rsalvetiogra_: not everyone else, some people from the community are also unable to reproduce it16:16
NCommandercan I move?16:17
ogra_but losing 256M on the buildds is bad16:17
rsalvetinot yet16:17
janimorsalveti, so I should set panda mem use in boot.scr to 1G if I want to test this?16:17
rsalvetijanimo: yes16:17
ogra_for that we should really have some kind of fix or workaround in place16:17
rsalvetiit'd be good if everyone could help testing it16:17
ogra_NCommander, action :)16:17
rsalvetiand on other topic, robclark published the drm driver for omap16:18
rsalvetito be used at omap 4 so we can have xrandr at the xserver driver16:18
NCommander[action] janimo to test panda with mem=1G16:18
MootBotACTION received:  janimo to test panda with mem=1G16:18
rsalvetias it also probes for edid, I'm testing the dvi support16:18
rsalvetiand porting it to be used by omap 3 as well16:18
rsalvetiso we can also have edid parsing and proper resolution setting16:18
ogra_NCommander, s/janimo/everyone with a panda/16:18
davidm__perhaps we need to send agreen a board that shows the highmem problem16:18
janimorsalveti, what kind of loads make the highmem issue appear? I mostly do builds16:19
ogra_janimo, builds do16:19
rsalveticurrent status is the drm driver is working with omap3, but still needs more debugging at the edid parsing for dvi16:19
rsalvetijanimo: mostly builds16:19
rsalvetijanimo: we used to build kernel16:19
rsalvetiafter 2, 3 builds it fails16:19
* rsalveti looking for the bug number16:20
rsalvetibug 63322716:20
ubottuLaunchpad bug 633227 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu Natty) "instabilities with highmem activated" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63322716:20
rsalvetiany other question for kernel?16:21
NCommander[action] everyone with a panda to test panda with mem=1G16:21
MootBotACTION received:  everyone with a panda to test panda with mem=1G16:21
* NCommander is mentally lagging, too early16:21
rsalvetinot that related but I should be updating the x-loader package soon16:21
rsalvetiso we can have es2.2 support16:21
ogra_i dont think mem=1G is the right arg16:22
janimowhat is the missing 512M-460M in the first address region is for? Video?16:22
ogra_you need to respect the memory hole for ducati16:22
janimomem=460M@0x80000000 mem=512M@0xA000000016:22
rsalvetiif you're just building, no problem16:22
janimofrom the bugreport16:22
rsalvetiyou can get everything for you16:22
rsalvetijanimo: that would be the args we'd use at the netbook image16:22
rsalvetiso we can have everything working16:22
rsalvetibut for this test you can simply use 1g16:23
ogra_ah, good16:23
janimorsalveti, but I can use 1G@0x80000000 on headless?16:23
rsalvetijanimo: yup16:23
janimoor with not address at all even?16:23
janimorsalveti, ok thanks. Will do16:23
NCommander[topic] ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)16:24
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Image Status (ogra, NCommander)16:24
ogra_just pre-published for beta :)16:25
ogra_nothing else to report ...16:25
ogra_we need the TI icon back and dont have a bug for that yet16:25
GrueMasterWhy was it even removed?  It could have been left in place with nothing to install.16:26
ogra_GrueMaster, persia insisted it shouldnt live in jasper16:27
ogra_it was one of my items in the jasper rewrite spec16:27
ogra_we have a package for it now, but i need to MIR it and see that i integrate the bits and pieces in jasper again16:28
ogra_(since they live in different places now)16:28
NCommander(can I move?)16:30
GrueMasterSo, what should the bug be filed against?16:30
ogra_GrueMaster, hmm, good question16:31
NCommander[topic] QA Status (GrueMaster)16:31
MootBotNew Topic:  QA Status (GrueMaster)16:31
ogra_ti-omap4-software-channel is the new package16:31
GrueMasterWith all of the major changes just before Beta 1 release, a lot of deep testing has to be restarted.  Minimal testing was done for the release to ensure no major show-stopper bugs existed.16:32
rsalvetitested omap 3 and omap 4 while doing the drm stuff and they seems fine16:33
GrueMasterI have not had a chance to really deep dive into unity-2d or to see what other kernel issues I can dig up yet due to release testing.16:33
rsalvetibesides the audio issues and the display ones you saw16:33
GrueMasterOn a good note, banshee played (silently) through the night on my panda.16:34
GrueMasterNo crashes.16:34
ogra_well, it did that before on my tegra :P16:35
ogra_we just support the wrong smp HW it seems :)16:35
GrueMasterI don't consider your tegra a valid test due to the ancient kernel & unsupported system.16:35
ogra_system is the same as omap16:36
GrueMasterAs I was able to reproduce the crash on my tegra dev platform with a newer kernel.16:36
ogra_but yeah, the kernel is old16:36
GrueMasterThat's all I have to report.16:37
ogra_NCommander, ?16:38
NCommander[topic] AOB16:38
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB16:38
ogra_specs ?16:39
ogra_do we have a wikipage or something to collect them ?16:39
rsalvetifor uds?16:39
rsalvetisomething we should start working on soon16:39
ogra_at least collect some rough ideas16:39
rsalvetidon't think we have a wiki for that yet16:40
davidm__I have a request16:40
ogra_hmm, usually persia sets up that stuff, but i dont think he has time for it atm16:40
davidm__I'd like to see us document our final releases very well, what works, what does not any thing we have found out over the development time16:41
davidm__have a specific web page, more then release notes16:41
=== davidm__ is now known as davidm
davidmmake that wiki page16:42
rsalvetimake sense, would be good to have16:42
=== davidm is now known as Guest93656
Guest93656persia is having severe connectivity problems and I don't know when that will change16:42
* ogra_ wouldnt expect different16:42
GrueMasterI should be able to start on that next week while I am temporarily layed up.16:42
ogra_GrueMaster to create OnericIdeas wikipage :)16:43
ogra_NCommander, ^^16:43
GrueMasterActually, I was referring to davidm's stuff.16:43
ogra_how do we call the other one ?16:44
ogra_oh, i was getting to that ;)16:44
ogra_NattyKnownIssues ? NattyReleaseStresstested ?16:44
Guest93656I think its specific to each SoC so we need an OMAP  3 Beagle and Beagle xm and an OMAP 4 Panada page16:44
GrueMasterNatty Nigglets16:44
NCommander[topic] GrueMaster to create OnericIdeas wikipage16:45
MootBotNew Topic:  GrueMaster to create OnericIdeas wikipage16:45
NCommander[action GrueMaster to create OnericIdeas wikipage16:45
Guest93656Natty Image Status16:45
ogra_natty niglets sounds nice ;)16:45
NCommander[action] GrueMaster to create OnericIdeas wikipage16:45
MootBotACTION received:  GrueMaster to create OnericIdeas wikipage16:45
ogra_NCommander, [action] everyone, add spec ideas to that wikipage16:46
NCommander[action] everyone to add spec ideas to wikipage16:46
MootBotACTION received:  everyone to add spec ideas to wikipage16:46
Guest93656NCommander, [ACTION] GrueMaster to document released images16:46
NCommander[ACTION] GrueMaster to document released  images16:48
MootBotACTION received:  GrueMaster to document released  images16:48
NCommanderAnything else16:48
NCommanderor can I close the meeting?16:48
davidmThat was the main thing from me16:48
ogra_nothing here16:48
davidmfinally I got my nick back16:48
rsalvetiok by me16:48
* ogra_ finds it ok too that davidm got his nick back :)16:49
NCommanderclosing in 316:49
MootBotMeeting finished at 10:49.16:49
emmaWhen is the next Ubuntu meeting?17:44
MichealHemma: See /topic17:44
emmaJoeb454: are the Ubuntu meetings for the whole community still held in here?17:45
emmaMichealH: I did see the topic, the link there doesn't seem to have up to date info?17:45
IdleOneThe are17:45
emmathat takes me to an ubuntu-news page17:47
Ampelbeinemma: http://fridge.ubuntu.com/calendar17:47
IdleOnelast one was on the 24th17:47
IdleOneusually every two weeks iirc17:47
IdleOneseems every week17:48
emmaright so that's not up to date as far as I know.17:49
emmaOh I see you were saying "they are" to the question about whether the meetings are in here.17:49
pleia2emma: there are several meetings each day, what are you looking for specifically?17:49
IdleOneerr I was looking at the wrong page, sorry I literally still have smoke in my eyes17:50
pleia2(and the link does correctly redirect, I'm not sure why you're not getting the calendar)17:50
emmaI would like take something that really bothers me to the Ubuntu Community beyond IRC.17:50
pleia2so you're looking for a community council meeting?17:50
pleia2according to that link the next one is april 5th at 20:00 UTC17:51
pleia2it has a link to the agenda, etc17:51
pleia2which you can add to17:51
IdleOnenext ircc meeting is April 9th https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/IrcCouncil/MeetingAgenda17:52
IdleOnejust in case you wanted that info also17:52
emmais there a page like that for the community council?17:54
IdleOneprobably is17:54
pleia2from the calendar: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda17:54
pleia2emma: what page is it redirecting you to? I'm not sure why you can't see this :\17:55
IdleOnelink in topic goes to http://www.ubuntu-news.org/calendars/fridge/ and with a little reading it is pretty easy to find the info17:56
pleia2yeah, she said it wasn't17:56
pleia2(works for me too)17:56
IdleOnebut the first time I clicked on it directed me to a wiki with a template on how to create meeting pages17:56
IdleOneso emma may have had the same experience17:56
pleia2hmm, weird17:56
emmaYes that is different this time.17:57
IdleOneglitch in the matrix apparently17:57
=== nijaba_afk is now known as nijaba
=== Thermi is now known as thermi
=== thermi is now known as Thermi
=== shadeslayer_ is now known as shadeslayer
=== Thermi is now known as thermi
=== thermi is now known as Thermi
=== exalt is now known as wall
=== wall is now known as Guest2959
=== Guest2959 is now known as exalt
=== Thermi is now known as thermi

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!