=== ogasawara_ is now known as ogasawara
=== rpinson_ is now known as raphink
=== kernellogger is now known as apachelogger
=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
stgraberbdrung, cody-somerville, persia, Laney: ping14:04
stgraberhmm, let's hope someone else shows up14:06
stgraberhey RoAkSoAx. Waiting for another DMB member to show up so we have quorum.14:09
RoAkSoAxstgraber: alright!14:09
stgraber(as we don't have any non-voting agenda item to discuss)14:10
LaneyI'd like to annihilate all mention of universe-contributor and call it 'contributing developer' everywhere :-)14:10
Laneythat is my one non-agenda wish14:10
stgraberLaney: about that, would there be any (known) problem with renaming the team?14:11
Laneynot sure anything would depend on it14:12
Laneybesides potentially documentation14:12
ScottKI'm not sure it's universally appropriate.14:16
ScottKFor Kubuntu, Kubuntu Council will process people for Kubuntu (and transitively Ubuntu) membership based on packaging work.14:17
Laneypeople are still encouraged to approach the most specific council14:18
Laneyuniverse contributor is misleading as that is not what we are looking for really14:18
ScottKAs long as it's clear about most specific council, I think that's fine.14:19
stgraberhey geser!14:30
* geser waves14:30
stgraberok, we have quorum now, let's start14:31
MootBotMeeting started at 08:31. The chair is stgraber.14:31
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]14:31
stgraber[TOPIC] PerPackageUploader Applications: Rosen Diankov14:31
MootBotNew Topic:  PerPackageUploader Applications: Rosen Diankov14:31
stgraberhi rdiankov14:32
stgrabercan you introduce yourself quickly?14:32
rdiankovi'm roboticist14:32
rdiankovin other words, working on AI problems involving perception and motion of machines14:33
rdiankovi'm also the developer of a openrave: the open robotics automation virtual environment14:33
rdiankovwhich is becoming very popular in the robotics community14:33
rdiankovbecause i'm primarily using ubuntu14:33
rdiankovand a lot of robotics guys are starting to use ubuntu14:33
rdiankovwe would like to start offering these types of robotics packages14:34
rdiankovthrough the official venues14:34
rdiankovhence my application14:34
rdiankovthere are also file format libraries like collada and assimp14:35
rdiankovwhich would be also great to get into ubuntu14:35
geserdo any packages for openrave exist already?14:35
stgraberdoh, geser was faster ;)14:35
rdiankovi started a ppa14:36
rdiankovbasically every ubuntu release cycle14:36
stgraberare any of these already in Ubuntu or Debian?14:36
rdiankovevery ubuntu release cycle, it would be great if these packages are copied14:37
rdiankovand put into universe14:37
rdiankovor multiverse14:37
rdiankovbecause there are no dependencies on these packages14:37
rdiankovit shouldn't affect anything14:38
stgraberok, the main problem here is that we can't give upload rights to packages that don't exist in Ubuntu. Once they are in the repository (through sponsoring by an existing ubuntu developer), we can then process applications for upload rights.14:38
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
rdiankovok, how can we fine someone to sponsor them?14:39
stgraberhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages is the process for new packages14:39
stgraber#ubuntu-motu usually has people around to help review the packages and once they are happy with them, upload them for you14:39
rdiankovfile a bug report in launchpad?14:40
stgraberthey then will be reviewed by the archive admins and once they are happy with them, they'll be in Ubuntu. When that's done, you can then request Per-Package-Upload rights to them.14:40
stgraberyep, you'll need a needs-packaging bug per package, your changelog entry will need to close that bug (LP:#xxxxxx)14:41
rdiankovok, got it guys14:41
stgraberno problem!14:42
stgraberhope to see you apply again soon!14:42
MootBotNew Topic:14:42
rdiankovof course!14:42
stgraberoops (copy/paste issue)14:42
geserand don't forget your sponsor to add endorsements to your application14:42
stgraber[TOPIC] Ubuntu Contributing Developer Applications: Ricardo Salveti14:42
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Contributing Developer Applications: Ricardo Salveti14:42
stgraberhey rsalveti14:43
rsalvetiI'm here today :-)14:43
stgrabercan you introduce yourself quickly?14:43
rsalvetiHi, I'm Ricardo Salveti, currently working mostly with Ubuntu on ARM. I'm deeply involved with Ubuntu development for about one year now, working helping maintaining x-loader, u-boot, omap kernel and some other cool packages for ARM :-)14:44
rsalvetiI've being working with OSS for quite a while now, doing contributions in a large set of software, and as a distro developer I also worked for a while with OpenEmbedded and the debian based distro called Mamona (now basically dead).14:44
rsalvetiUsually around #ubuntu-arm, trying to help people getting the most we can from our ARM images, by helping with bugfixing and adding hw support (kernel, x-loader, etc).14:44
rsalvetiI applied for universe contributor but soon should also be applying for a dev role, like core-dev, just need to find time to prepare my application :-)14:45
ScottKrsalveti: How is your script for automatic FTBFS bug filing going?  I'm sure you recall our discussion on it?14:46
Laneyoh, whoops, didn't noticed we'd started :P14:46
rsalvetiScottK: sure, I'm currently improving svammel to have a interactive step, so I can go over the FTBFS first before opening a bug14:47
ScottKThat's good to hear.14:47
rsalvetiI should be helping going over at least the FTBFS list for arm14:47
rsalvetionly interested at the moment in arm specific build failures, as we can use more workforce from Linaro to help us fixing them14:47
stgraberin your "What I like least in Ubuntu", you mention our SRU process. I understand that the kernel team has a different SRU process (with a release every 3 weeks IIRC) but do you see a similar issue with non-kernel packages?14:50
stgraberIn my experience, the SRU process improved a lot lately and I can usually get something fixed into -updates in a week (from getting the fix, uploading to -proposed, get it accepted, get it tested and then copied to -updates)14:51
rsalvetiYes, my feeling is that in general once a release is out, nobody actually cares a lot about them14:51
rsalvetiso SRU ends up taking a lot of time14:51
rsalvetiin the past (maverick) I had some issues with the kernel SRU in specific14:51
rsalvetithat took almost 2 months to deliver the fix14:52
rsalvetiand asking testing for more than one time, when they released another version that contained the fix14:52
stgraberwas your (non-kernel) experience with a bug having a patch applied, taking long to get uploaded or in a case where the package got uploaded to -proposed and took a long time to get to -updates ?14:53
rsalvetimy complain was both the time to get sponsored and also to hit -updates14:53
rsalvetiI know it's a lot of work to keep the SRU in places, but sometimes we have issues that really affects the user14:54
stgraberwas that before the patch pilot program got introduced?14:54
stgraber(trying to see if we're missing something on the sponsorship lists)14:54
rsalvetifor bug 707794 (my latest work with an SRU) it took 10 days to get sponsored14:55
ubottuLaunchpad bug 707794 in clementine (Ubuntu Natty) "libqt4-opengl on armel should be compiled with OpenGL ES 2.x support" [Undecided,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/70779414:55
rsalvetiagainst the pyside package14:55
rsalvetiI belive this case is enough14:55
rsalvetiI mean, the time it took14:55
ScottKUnfortunately that package takes forever to build on armel and not many potential sponsors have the hardware to test.14:56
rsalvetiyeah, hopefully to get sorted with the panda build cluster14:56
rsalvetinow one kernel example14:57
rsalvetibug 77067914:57
ubottuLaunchpad bug 770679 in u-boot-linaro (Ubuntu Oneiric) "Missing proper support for Beagle XM rev B and C" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/77067914:57
rsalvetipull request, and SRU request sent at May 1814:58
rsalvetiit's fixed commited already14:58
rsalvetiand it basically breaks support for beagle rev C14:58
rsalvetiso at least for people using that hardware it's somehow critical14:58
rsalvetiand the fix will only hits update in probably one month from now14:59
rsalvetibut maybe something to bring directly with the kernel team :-)15:00
stgraberyeah, kernel SRUs tend to take a lot longer, not sure what can be done to improve the delay and still keep the same QA standards15:00
stgraberyep, if you have an idea of how to improve the delay, you probably should start a discussion on their ML or at next UDS15:00
stgraberanyway, any other question for rsalveti?15:00
rsalvetiyup, will think better15:00
Laneynone here15:01
stgrabermaco, geser, Laney: ?15:01
stgraber[VOTE] Ubuntu Contributing Developer membership for Ricardo Salveti15:02
MootBotPlease vote on:  Ubuntu Contributing Developer membership for Ricardo Salveti.15:02
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot15:02
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting15:02
MootBot+1 received from Laney. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 115:02
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 215:02
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 315:02
MootBot+1 received from maco. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 415:02
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 415:03
* stgraber just found MootBot's man page again :)15:03
stgrabercongrats rsalveti!15:03
rsalvetithanks! should be back in some weeks for a dev role ;-)15:03
rsalvetiwe'll see :-)15:04
stgrabergeser, maco, Laney: still going to be around for a few more minutes (so we can process RoAkSoAx's coredev application)?15:04
Laneyyep if there's no conflict for the room15:04
stgraberaccording to the fridge, the room isn't used15:04
stgrabergeser: also fine with you?15:05
geseryes, I've around 30 min15:05
stgraber[TOPIC] Ubuntu Core Developer Applications: RoAkSoAx15:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Core Developer Applications: RoAkSoAx15:05
RoAkSoAxHi All!15:05
stgraberhey RoAkSoAx!15:05
RoAkSoAxMy name is Andres Rodriguez, I've been involved with the community for quite a while now. I started as a translator then moved to development. I've been a MOTU for almost two years now. Throughout my work as a MOTU I've done things from simple syncs/merges all the way to package/library splits (I've done MIR reports, SRU's, packaged from scratch, bug fixing, python transitions, FTBFS, etc, etc).15:05
RoAkSoAxWithin packaging, python packaging is what I enjoy the most, though I don't really have any problems with working with any type of packages. There's always something new to learn.15:05
RoAkSoAxI'm also the upstream maintainer of PowerNap (in main) and TestDrive. I  also currently maintain the Ubuntu HA Cluster Stack which include several packages currently in Main, which I got into Main last release cycle after various attempts of doing so. Currently I also work (mainly) on server related stuff that has spawned doing some work accross varios Ubuntu Server packages, both as a community member, as lately for work.15:05
RoAkSoAxand that's pretty much about it15:06
LaneySo you say that you dislike delays in sponsorship... do you plan on making this situation better by devoting some of your time to doing sponsoring? :-)15:07
RoAkSoAxLaney: sure! it is not that I dislike delays in sponsoring, but rather I believe we need to improve it15:07
RoAkSoAx(myself included)15:07
RoAkSoAxas sometimes I've found myself having packages sitting there for days15:07
RoAkSoAxsometimes resulting on some other developer doing the merge for e.g., not noticing there was a merge report already filed in15:08
RoAkSoAxso that's work lost15:08
RoAkSoAxbut yes, I do believe we need to improve15:08
RoAkSoAxit has been hugelyu improved with patch pilot but sometimes some types of packages are not touched15:09
RoAkSoAxand I can't have my co-workers sponsor for me all the time15:09
RoAkSoAxas they also have other stuff to work on15:09
RoAkSoAxand yes, It is something that I also blame myself as I havent done much sponsoring in Universe15:09
RoAkSoAxwhich I'd like to change15:09
Laneyurgh, my internet just froze — sorry15:11
Laneythe patch pilot process was designed to avoid certain patches being repeatedly ignored15:11
Laneyso if you're finding that happening then I suggest you speak to dholbach and/or rickspencer3 and try to get it sorted15:12
RoAkSoAxLaney: will do ;)15:12
stgraberalso, were you aware of the ubuntu server packageset?15:14
RoAkSoAxstgraber: yes I am, though I know nonone's in it yet15:14
stgraberDave Walker and Mathias Gug are in it15:14
RoAkSoAxstgraber: AFAIK I though Dave was core dev rather than in the server package set15:15
RoAkSoAxdunno about mathiaz15:15
RoAkSoAxbut anyways, the reason why I went to core dev directly is that I'd also like to do some greater good than just ubuntu server packages15:15
stgraberyep, both of them also happen to be coredev ;)15:15
RoAkSoAxi know :)15:16
RoAkSoAxthough, last time I spoke about it, no-one was in it yet :(15:16
stgraberyeah, helping with sponsoring/merging in main is definitely a good reason to apply for core-dev :) I was just wondering if that packageset was known at all and if we should try to get more people to apply for upload rights to it.15:17
gesera list of the available package set for which applicants can apply would probably help15:18
RoAkSoAxi think we do, though, IMHO we don't have as many contributors as other teams do, and that's probably why the packageset is not yet well known out there15:18
RoAkSoAxgeser: indeed!15:18
stgraberhttp://paste.ubuntu.com/619968/ apparently15:18
MootBotLINK received:  http://paste.ubuntu.com/619968/ apparently15:18
stgraberok, any other question for RoAkSoAx?15:19
stgraber[VOTE] Ubuntu Core Developer membership for Andres Rodriguez15:21
MootBotPlease vote on:  Ubuntu Core Developer membership for Andres Rodriguez.15:21
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot15:21
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting15:21
* maco reads scrollback (sorry, was in bathroom)15:21
stgrabermaco: ok, if you have any question before voting, just go ahead and ask15:22
LaneyRoAkSoAx: Do you agree with your endorsers that there are no areas in which you could improve? ;-)15:23
RoAkSoAxLaney: I believe there's always area of improvement, as I said earlier, you never finish learning15:23
RoAkSoAxLaney: though I guess they referred to the technical skills required to be a core dev15:23
macowow very thorough application15:24
RoAkSoAxbut yeah, we wouldn't be in this if we wouldn't improve ourselves eventually15:24
MootBot+1 received from Laney. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 115:24
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 215:24
MootBot+1 received from geser. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 315:24
MootBot+1 received from maco. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 415:25
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 415:25
stgraberand one more core-dev!15:25
stgrabercongrats RoAkSoAx!15:25
RoAkSoAxstgraber: thank you!15:25
RoAkSoAxLaney: geser maco thank you too guys!15:25
RoAkSoAxand thank you for taking the time to process this today15:25
stgraber[TOPIC] Chair for next meeting15:26
MootBotNew Topic:  Chair for next meeting15:26
stgraberapparently not :)15:27
stgraber[TOPIC] AOB15:28
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB15:28
stgraberanything else?15:28
macoi suppose i could chair the next meeting, but ive never done it before15:29
macothere's a bot and it does some stuff....this much ive got15:29
stgraberI already added RoAkSoAx to core-dev and rsalveti to universe-contributors. Will quickly write the minutes now and figure out who I'm supposed to e-mail them too again :)15:29
stgraber[ACTION] maco to chair the next DMB meeting15:29
MootBotACTION received:  maco to chair the next DMB meeting15:29
stgrabermaco: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScribesTeam/MootBot15:29
stgrabermaco: that's for the bot. Other than that, it's the usual, go through the agenda, copy/paste the notes in the team reports (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TeamReports) and probably e-mail it to some list (not sure which one, will figure it out after the meeting and update our wiki page)15:30
MootBotMeeting finished at 09:31.15:31
stgraberthanks everyone for attending!15:31
macostgraber: kk thanks15:31
geserstgraber: I usually look at the last minutes to see where to mail them :)15:31
stgrabergeser: yep, sounds good. I'm probably going to put the post-meeting TODO at the end of the agenda so whoever chairs the meeting can just follow that.15:32
* skaet waves15:57
MootBotMeeting started at 10:00. The chair is skaet.16:00
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:00
skaetSRU/LTS bi-weekly synch meeting.16:00
skaetReminder, please follow the convention  of using ".." on a separate line when you've finished typing.    Also, If someone wants to comment on the last point, please "o/", so we know to wait.16:00
skaet[TOPIC] Release overview - skaet16:00
MootBotNew Topic:  Release overview - skaet16:00
skaetDapper Drake (6.06) Server EOL on June 1.   OEM is ok with cleanup of archive,  so will be working with teams to clean up the old packages and PPAs over next few weeks (and get back some space).16:01
skaet[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases16:01
skaet10.04.3 - July 21 - no negative feedback so moved.16:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases16:01
skaet[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidReleaseSchedule16:01
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidReleaseSchedule16:01
skaetgo ara16:01
araI have a question related to EOL16:01
* vanhoof looks in16:01
arawe had set the date of EOL for Dapper16:01
arafor the end of June16:02
araand we needed to change it last week to avoid certificates for 6.06 appearing in the site16:02
skaetEOL for Dapper was June 116:02
araI know16:02
aramy question is:16:02
araare EOLs normally going to be at the beginning of the month?16:02
ara(rather the end of the month=16:02
ScottKIt should relate to the release date.16:03
skaetEOLs are a fixed period of time after the release16:03
skaetI'm not sure where EOL for Dapper at end of June came from as a notion.16:04
skaetI'll look into it a bit offline16:04
araOK, thanks16:04
* skaet looks around for any other questions?16:05
skaetheh,  and since I just saw sconkin join...   will move on.16:05
skaet[TOPIC] Kernel SRU status - sconklin16:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel SRU status - sconklin16:06
sconklinwe just published new kernels to -proposed for the major series (and to other pockets, but that's bee resolved I think)16:06
sconklinec2 and backports for LTS will follow today or tomorrow16:07
sconklinand evrification will begin, a week later than we had hoped it would16:07
skaetThanks sconklin.16:07
skaetWhat is the story with lucid kernel,  is that resolved and published to -proposed now?16:07
* skaet may have missed something in her inbox....16:08
pittithe issue of having natty kernels in lucid/maverick-proposed should all be resolved now16:08
pittisee u-d-a@16:08
sconklinnot sure what you're referrign too, but yes, there's a new Lucid that resolved past issues16:08
skaetthanks sconklin,   thats what I was wondering.16:08
pittiah, that's something else then, sorry16:08
skaetthanks pitti,  yup, read that this morning.  :)16:09
skaetanyone else have questions for sconklin?16:09
skaet[TOPIC] General SRU status - pitti16:09
MootBotNew Topic:  General SRU status - pitti16:09
pittiI'm currently wondering about the linux-lts-backport-natty in the PPA16:10
pittisec, door bell16:10
pittiother than that, it's pretty much business as usual16:10
sconklinpitti, first, ignore it, it will be replaced by another today16:10
pittiwe have some backlog in natty queue processing, I need some more hands with that16:10
pittipeople are uploading SRUs like crazy :)16:11
pittisconklin: ack16:11
sconklinsecond, tose build failures are for arch's which were being tested during development and not released for stable, so they can be ignored. I'm told that they should stop happening, i.e. the natty backport is not supposed to try to build for those archs16:11
pittithe non-usual SRU thing that will happen soon is the switch from firefox 4 to 5 in natty, which will require some coordination with a full language pack refresh16:12
pittibut that's pretty much understood16:12
skaetthanks pitti.  :)16:13
skaet[TOPIC] QA status - jibel16:13
MootBotNew Topic:  QA status - jibel16:13
jibelPackages published to -proposed, -updates and -security since last week16:13
MootBotLINK received:  http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/sru/latest.html16:13
jibelPending Ubuntu stable release updates16:14
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/pending-sru.html16:14
jibelThere are currently 19 SRUs with Critical or High importance in -proposed waiting for verification16:14
jibel2 Critical SRUs in Natty:16:14
jibel * bug 778026 in Natty requires an Infra-red Remote Control16:14
jibel * bug 77852016:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 778026 in lirc (Ubuntu Natty) "lirc-modules-source breaks in-kernel lirc support" [Critical,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/77802616:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 778520 in mdadm (Ubuntu Natty) "install on degraded raid1 does not boot, drops to initramfs shell" [Critical,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/77852016:14
jibelA couple of SRUs are targeted to 10.04.316:14
jibel * bug 777759 : See comment #1 for verification16:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 777759 in casper (Ubuntu Natty) "10.10 live CD prompts to upgrade to 11.04" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/77775916:14
jibel * bug 695842 : Requires specific Hardware (two CCISS disks and doing a RAID install on it)16:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 695842 in grub-installer (Ubuntu Maverick) "Cannot install on HP Proliant DL385 G7 - dual RAID controllers" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/69584216:14
jibel * 2 Wubi bugs: bug 610898, bug 742967 : Not sure of the status based on the comment in the report and I am not able to reproduce the original issue.16:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 610898 in lupin (Ubuntu Maverick) "grub-pc upgrade renders computer unbootable when Wubi is installed to partition other than Windows" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/61089816:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 742967 in Wubi "Wubi grub prompt on install" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/74296716:15
jibel * bug 687501 : Not sure of the status and if it can be promoted to lucid-updates16:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 687501 in OEM Priority Project "when installer is multipath aware, grub fails to install" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/68750116:15
jibel * bug 783836 : requires a re-producable test case16:15
jibel * bug 56175016:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 783836 in openldap (Ubuntu Maverick) "slapd syncrepl failing using SASL" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/78383616:15
ubottuLaunchpad bug 561750 in squid (Ubuntu Maverick) "squid starts and stops immediately (after upgrade from karmic to lucid)" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/56175016:15
skaetThanks jibel,  :)16:16
skaetWill work with you offline to get a summary of the 10.04.3 targetted bugs, and get it circulated.16:16
skaetOn that note of 10.04.3 - Does freeze a month before make sense,  or can we make it 3 weeks?  (am thinking we want to interlock with the new SRU cycle a bit better this time?)16:18
skaetsconklin, pitti,  ^^16:18
pittimy gut feeling is that 3 weeks are enough; didn't we do 3 weeks for .2 as well?16:18
sconklinthis might be a good time to note that the kernel SRU calendar we have in google calendars all needs to be shifted a week later16:18
skaetpitti,  we did a month, but I think that 3 weeks is worth trying too.16:19
skaetsconklin,  ack.16:19
sconklinI don't know. The kernel generally freezes a week before everything else16:19
=== ara_ is now known as ara
bjfskaet, we should talk to pgraner to see how he's going to be setup for supporting sru kernels16:19
skaetsconklin,  ok,  I'll be working on the interlock this week, and we can see how it all lines up.16:20
sconklinbut generally the less freeze time the better16:20
bjfskaet, i'd like to see us decouple as soon as possible for him16:20
skaetbjf,  yes,  will do.16:20
skaet[TOPIC] HW certification - brendand16:20
MootBotNew Topic:  HW certification - brendand16:20
bjfskaet, however, i recognize he has quite a load on his plate this dev cycle and not sure he'll have the resources16:21
brendandNot much from our side. We are preparing to start testing Lucid, Maverick and Natty kernels once the verification phase is done.16:21
brendandsconklin, any reasons why the start of the testing phase could be later than next Monday?16:21
skaetthanks brendand.  :)16:22
sconklinbrendand: we are not expecting any delays. But our tracking bug dashboard is totally unusable this morning due to the problems this morning, and I don't know how many bugs require verification16:22
sconklinBut I don't expect delays16:23
skaetbrendand,  are there reports from the last cycle we can look at now?16:23
brendandskaet - http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/sru-testing/current16:24
brendandskaet - but my understanding was these kernels were not getting published?16:25
skaetThanks brendand.16:25
* skaet will look at them, and do some cross correlation later. 16:25
skaetany other questions for brendand?16:26
skaet[TOPIC] Support priorities - martins-gss16:26
MootBotNew Topic:  Support priorities - martins-gss16:26
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~pmatulis/martin/Support-status-june-6.html16:26
martins-gssthis is the current support escalations that we have16:26
martins-gssthe top three are the highest in priority at the moment16:27
MootBotLINK received:  http://launchpad.net/bugs/69584216:27
ubottuUbuntu bug 695842 in grub-installer (Ubuntu Maverick) "Cannot install on HP Proliant DL385 G7 - dual RAID controllers" [High,Fix committed]16:27
martins-gssubottu yes correct, next three, sorry16:28
ubottumartins-gss: I am only a bot, please don't think I'm intelligent :)16:28
martins-gssrails (Ubuntu)16:28
martins-gssskate this is a long list, what do you want covered for this meeting?16:29
skaetjust the top 3 please,  so they're on the log16:29
MootBotLINK received:  http://launchpad.net/bugs/67057116:30
ubottuUbuntu bug 670571 in rails (Ubuntu) "Segmentation fault in Marshal.load" [High,Fix released]16:30
martins-gssopen, we have difficulty reproducing, this status shows as fixed, but is not16:30
MootBotLINK received:  http://launchpad.net/bugs/68870316:31
ubottuUbuntu bug 688703 in linux (Ubuntu) "[lucid] netxen_nic driver and ethernet bonding broken at boot time" [Medium,Triaged]16:31
martins-gssopen, high priority, need to work with developers and see if we can get hw vendor to provide equipment16:31
martins-gssthose are the three that I have on high status16:32
skaetthanks martins-gss.    I'll work with you offline to figure out if we can get the statuses to match what you expect them to be.16:33
martins-gssok great thanks16:33
skaetany one have questions for martins-gss ?16:33
ScottKMight be the other way around.16:33
martins-gssI am good for now16:34
skaet[TOPIC] OEM priorities - vanhoof16:34
MootBotNew Topic:  OEM priorities - vanhoof16:34
vanhoofskaet: two bugs: bug 790754 & bug 74182516:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 790754 in Linux "[NATTY] RICOH [1180:e823] unable to read MMC cards" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79075416:34
ubottuLaunchpad bug 741825 in alsa-driver (Ubuntu) "ATI controllers [1002:4383] and [1002:4383] (rev 40): Intermittent record and jack sense failure" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/74182516:34
vanhoofskaet: both are posted, and awaiting review/ack16:35
vanhoofhopefully will make next natty SRU cycle16:35
skaetthanks vanhoof.  :)16:35
skaetwhere are they posted16:35
vanhooffor kernel team review16:35
skaetcoolio,  will leave it to sconklin and bjf then.  :)16:36
vanhoofnothing else from me presently16:36
skaetany questions for vanhoof?16:36
skaet[TOPIC] New business, last chance for general questions? - all16:36
MootBotNew Topic:  New business, last chance for general questions? - all16:36
skaetgoing once...16:36
MootBotMeeting finished at 10:37.16:37
skaetthanks all.16:37
jibelThanks for chairing skaet !16:39
pittithanks skaet16:40
=== ikonia_ is now known as ikonia
* sbeattie waves18:16
MootBotMeeting started at 12:16. The chair is jdstrand.18:16
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]18:16
jdstrandThe meeting agenda can be found at:18:16
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting18:16
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting18:16
jdstrand[TOPIC] Review of any previous action items18:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Review of any previous action items18:16
jdstrandwe actually don't have any. that is not an indication of a lack of work done :P18:16
jdstrand[TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report18:17
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly stand-up report18:17
jdstrandI'll go first18:17
jdstrandI was on triager last week, and am on community this week18:17
jdstrandI've got a qemu-kvm update I am working on18:17
jdstrand(which has involved writing test-qemu.py for qrt)18:18
jdstrandI hope to have that published by tomorrow18:18
jdstrandthe server team has been waiting on me for the final libvirt merge (they did it, but there were various reviews/issues that I am looking at (not related to the work already done-- related to some upstream changes/bugs)18:19
jdstrandjjohansen and I plan to get together on dbus/apparmor (finally) and I hope to work on that a bit this week18:20
jdstrandfinally, I have a pile of email I need to get through18:20
jjohansenyeah we are crazy18:20
jdstrandthat's it from me18:20
jdstrandkees, you're up18:20
keesthis week I'm in the happy place!18:20
mdeslaur\o/ :)18:21
keesI've got a double-patch pilot on thursday18:21
kees(I skipped a patch pilot during uds, so I'm going to pull 8 hours thursday)18:21
jdstrandwell, that day is gone :P18:21
keesI'm on vacation for a week starting friday18:21
sbeattie(is that the not-so-happy place?)18:21
keesI'm getting familiar with the new bug-based workflow for kernel SRU validation18:22
keesand will be continuing to work on USN correctly/building tools and LP/uct sync tools18:22
keesthat's it from me18:22
jdstrandkees: if you have time, would you mind looking at the accountsservice and apg mirs (#785680, #785682)18:23
jdstrandkees: I think it is blocking the new gnome-control-center18:23
jdstrandkees: if not, we can have someone else do it18:23
jdstrand(seb128 requested it today)18:23
jdstrandI think apg will be pretty quick, fwiw18:24
jdstrandI don't know what accountservice is18:24
jdstrandkees: anyhoo, if you can't get to it, feel free to handoff to someone else18:24
* kees nods18:24
jdstrandmdeslaur: you're up18:25
mdeslaurSo, I just released subversion, and have a surprise flashplugin-nonfree update to do today18:25
jdstrandkees: oh, and thank you for looking at those :)18:25
mdeslaurafter that, I'll be going down the list, and maybe doing some work items18:25
mdeslaurthat's it from me!18:25
mdeslauroh, I may look at nagios318:26
jdstrandsbeattie: you're next18:27
sbeattieI'm in the happy place this week.18:27
sbeattieI have an embargoed update on my plate.18:27
sbeattieI'm also poking a bit at the dovecot qrt script after last weeks update; oneiric has dovecot 2.0.x which introduces some changes.18:28
sbeattieand am investigating a related issue with dovecot.18:29
sbeattiebeyond that, I have some apparmor things I need to work on.18:29
sbeattieI think that's it for me.18:29
jdstrandmicahg: you're up18:30
micahgstill trying to figure out while I can't get the thunderbird regression to reliably fail, by EOD should know more18:30
micahgthere's a chrome update for the new flash that we don't need18:31
micahgthere should be a new chromium stable update this week or next based on the 6 week timeline18:31
micahgchrisccoulson proposed a plan for the natty update to Firefox 5, I will need to discuss that with him, that will be taking my time over the weekend and next week18:32
micahgFirefox 3.6.19 builds should be ready towards the end of the week, I'll get those uploaded when they're release to the beta channel18:33
micahgThunderbird 3.1.11 same as Firefox 3.6.1918:33
jdstrandmicahg: the tbird regression is the global menu thing?18:34
micahgjdstrand: yeah, that I can verify, I just have other problems with thunderbird in the VM which my be related to my "server" vm18:34
micahgbut I don't remember having these issues when originally testing 3.1.1018:35
chrisccoulsonone person has already reported the menu bug upstream to mozilla now btw18:35
jdstrandmicahg: what do you think about just pushing that fix to the archive?18:36
jdstrand(istr that the fix was very small and easy to verify)18:36
chrisccoulsonit's 1 line ;)18:37
micahgjdstrand: and just blame my vm setup for the test issues?18:37
jdstrandmicahg: have you compared the test output from the previous builds to the current?18:38
micahgjdstrand: not yet, was going to do that today and if they matched, just push it out18:38
jdstrandsounds like a plan18:39
jdstrandmicahg: anything else?18:39
micahgwell, I have a short week this week, off wed/thu18:39
jdstrandmicahg: thanks18:39
jdstrand[TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions18:39
MootBotNew Topic:  Miscellaneous and Questions18:39
micahgnot done...18:39
jdstrandmicahg: please go ahead18:40
micahgalso, would like to get webkit 1.2.7 out before I get bogged down in the Firefox 5 migration, but have been having trouble getting through the CVEs, I think only a limited number were fixed in 1.2.6 and 1.2.7, so I'm going to look at the Debian CVE tracker today and see what they marked as fixed by these updates, and if it looks sane, upload based on that and try to push that out thursday night18:41
micahgok, that's it :)18:41
* jdstrand nods18:42
jdstrandI will not be taking off all of next week after all. but likely take of just monday18:42
jdstranddoes anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?18:42
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:44.18:44
jdstrandkees, mdeslaur, sbeattie, micahg: thanks!18:44
sbeattiejdstrand: thank you!18:44
mdeslaurthanks jdstrand!18:44
micahgthanks jdstrand18:44
keesthanks jdstrand!18:45
jdstrandsure thing!18:45
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== Sarvatt_ is now known as Sarvatt
=== apachelogger is now known as beerlogger

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!