=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-brb
=== wendar is now known as allison
=== allison is now known as wendar
=== Ursinha-brb is now known as Ursinha
=== wendar is now known as allison
=== UndiFineD is now known as hajour1
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen
=== allison is now known as wendar
MootBotMeeting started at 12:07. The chair is jdstrand.18:07
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]18:07
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting18:07
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting18:07
jdstrand[TOPIC] Review of any previous action items18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Review of any previous action items18:07
jdstrandthere are none from our last meeting18:07
jdstrand[TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly stand-up report18:07
jdstrandI'll go first18:07
jdstrandI have a pending update18:08
jdstranda lot of email to get through (still behind)18:08
jdstrandI've got another training session this week18:08
jdstrandI need to prepare for the rally18:08
jdstrandand (finally, for real) talk with jjohansen about dbus/apparmor18:08
* jdstrand hugs jjohansen 18:09
jdstrandthat's it from me18:09
jdstrandkees: you're up (and welcome back!)18:09
keeswell, I will be catching up for a while. I'm also on triage, and will be continuing to review some of the kernel CVE states with apw18:10
keesthings are in good shape overall, though. lots of stuff in pending. :)18:10
keesthat's it from me.18:11
jdstrandmdeslaur: you're up18:12
mdeslaurmy turn?18:12
mdeslaurSo, I'm off thursday and friday18:12
jdstrandkees: re pending> that's great news. I know everyone has been working hard on that18:12
mdeslauruntil then, I plan on figuring out how to test the logrotate updates I've prepared18:13
mdeslaurand will continue going down the list of CVEs18:13
mdeslaurthat's it from me18:13
jdstrandsbeattie: you're up18:14
sbeattieI'm on community this week.18:14
sbeattieI have an issue to followup with upstream on re: last week's openjdk update18:15
sbeattieI also have 2 embargoed issues that I'm working on.18:15
sbeattieand I need to spend a bit of time prepping for the rally.18:16
sbeattieThat's it for me.18:16
jdstrandmicahg: you're next18:16
micahgI have Mozilla updates this week (hopefully going out tomorrow) including the Firefox 5 transition in Natty18:16
micahgI expect a chromium update this week since it's been a while18:17
micahgthen webkitgtk 1.2.7 time permitting18:17
micahgI think that's it18:17
=== hajour1 is now known as UndiFineD
jdstrand[TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions18:18
MootBotNew Topic:  Miscellaneous and Questions18:18
jdstrandas micahg mentioned, he is doing a mozilla 5.0 transition in natty this week. it would be good if all of us could be running the new firefox packages in -proposed (I mention -proposed cause there are langpacks in -proposed hat aren't in the ubuntu-mozilla-security ppa)18:19
jdstrandI started testing this morning, and it seems solid18:20
jdstrandI think sbeattie has been running it for a while18:20
jdstrandanyhoo, feel free to test :)18:20
keescool, will do18:20
jdstrand(thanks for that sbeattie)18:20
sbeattieyeah been running it since last weekend, I got it through -proposed.18:20
sbeattieerr s/weekend/week/18:20
jdstrandone thing that I noticed over the weekend was arkose (http://www.stgraber.org/2011/06/14/app-containing-on-the-modern-linux-desktop/) which is stgraber's lxc work18:21
jdstrandit sounds interesting and I'd like for our team to talk with stgraber and wendar next week tolearn more about it, see how it can work with apparmor, and what we as apparmor upstream can learn or take from his approach. also to see how this might tie into ARB18:23
jdstrandI don't expect any new work items per se, but maybe info sharing and inspiration18:23
jdstrandmdeslaur: I noticed that you marked the apparmor profiles wiki page as 'done'. where is that?18:24
mdeslaurjdstrand: http://wiki.apparmor.net/index.php/Main_Page#Profiles18:25
jdstrandmdeslaur: cool-- do you have a plan on when you are going to announce it?18:26
mdeslaurjdstrand: nope18:26
jdstrandmdeslaur: would it be worthwhile talking about that next week?18:26
mdeslaurI was debating whether it should be on a standalone page, so the url will be better once I add it to the user space tools18:27
mdeslaurjdstrand: I can add it to the schedule if you'd like18:27
jdstrandmdeslaur: thanks. +1 for standalone page, but we can discuss more next week18:27
mdeslaurjdstrand: added to schedule18:28
sbeattiemdeslaur: I'm imagining as things flesh out, a standalone page will be needed, but for now it's sufficient.18:28
jdstrandthat's it from me for now18:28
mdeslaursbeattie: well, I'd like to get a URL that will stay the same for the user space tools18:28
jdstranddoes anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?18:28
jdstrandoh, I forgot to mention I'll be going through applicants this week18:29
jdstrandalrighty then18:30
jdstrandkees, mdeslaur, sbeattie, micahg, jjohansen: thanks!18:30
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:30.18:30
micahgthanks jdstrand18:30
sbeattiewoo, thanks!18:31
macopersia, Laney, bdrung: ping?20:01
stgraberpong :)20:01
lynxmanstgraber: thanks for the pointer btw20:03
lynxmano/ everyone20:03
maconeed 4 for quorum right?20:03
stgrabercody-somerville: ping20:04
negronjlhi all20:04
macothanks. i cant remember all the members of both boards im on :)20:04
stgrabermaco: poked geser in -devel20:04
stgraberLaney said he wouldn't be around, hopefully one of the others will show up20:05
cody-somervilleI'm here.20:05
MootBotMeeting started at 14:07. The chair is maco.20:07
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]20:07
macoWelcome to the Developer Membership Board meeting20:07
macoAgenda is here:20:08
maco[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda20:08
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Agenda20:08
macooh good, it doesnt mind lowercase20:08
maco[topic] James Page's application for Server package set20:08
MootBotNew Topic:  James Page's application for Server package set20:08
jamespageHi All20:08
jamespagedetails of my app are here : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JamesPage/ServerDeveloperApplication20:09
maco[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JamesPage/ServerDeveloperApplication20:09
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JamesPage/ServerDeveloperApplication20:09
macoWant to introduce yourself a bit?20:09
jamespageOK; so I've been contributing to Ubuntu as a member of the Ubuntu Server team since September last year20:10
jamespage(shortly before I started to work for Canonical)20:10
bdrungjamespage: i see java in there. are you interested in Eclipse? ;)20:10
stgraberAs a reminder, here's the server package set: http://paste.ubuntu.com/629984/20:10
cody-somervillestgraber, kudos20:10
jamespagea bdrung points out quite a bit about java in my app; and this is my background before I started contributing to Ubuntu20:11
macostgraber: would be nice if this was exposed in LP's UI :-/20:11
jamespage(and yes I am interested in eclipse)20:11
bdrungstgraber: ant1.7 is in there, but not ant?20:11
stgraberbdrung: apparently :) some packagesets are weird. You'll also note that tomcat isn't in there...20:11
bdrungjamespage: we need more manpower for eclipse. feel free to join #debian-java on OFTC and/or #eclipse-linux on freenode after the meeting if you are interested20:12
jamespagebdrung: ack - I'll drop by20:12
stgrabermaco: indeed. At the moment you need to use edit_acl.py from lp:~ubuntu-archive/ubuntu-archive-tools/trunk/ unless someone added it somewhere on LP and I missed it :)20:13
bdrungstgraber: why is gimp in there?20:13
stgraberbdrung: oh, fun :) no idea20:13
stgraberbdrung: I guess we may want to poke cjwatson to get that package set cleaned up a bit :)20:13
stgraberbdrung: and make sure whatever jamespage needs is in there (if it's in the ubuntu-server scope)20:14
geserI asked once about gimp already as I spotted it too20:14
cjwatsonit's autogenerated20:14
cjwatsonI'm not going to do single-package cleanups20:14
geserIIRC it is correct but I don't remember the reason, might be a (build-)dependency20:14
bdrungafk for a few minutes (there is a bothersome interrupt)20:15
cjwatsongimp will be there for (build-)dependency closure reasons20:15
macostgraber: yeah i know, but for example i was trying to find a list of all the package sets (and i thought someone had pastebinned it at an earlier meeting but couldnt find it), and a page to point people to "pick the one that fits" rather than "get this script and do a thing" (which i couldnt get it to do anyway)...20:15
jamespageso although my core competency is Java; I have worked extensively with non-Java technology on Linux as well20:15
cody-somervillejamespage, Are most of the uploads that have been sponsored for you thus far been just bug fixes?20:15
stgrabercjwatson: is there any documentation on how the package sets are currently autogenerated? (or the scripts used for that)20:16
jamespagecody-somerville: yes they have; you should see more new packages from me this cycle whilst I work to get jenkins into the archive20:16
cjwatsonin particular, one of the gimp libraries is a build-dependency of gutenprint, which is supported as part of print-server20:16
cjwatsonstgraber: just mailing list stuff really20:16
jamespageI did do one new package last cycle to support the server team effort packaging cobbler20:17
cody-somervillejamespage, How familiar are you with versioning of SRU packages?20:17
jamespagecody-somerville: so I have done a few SRU's; I followed the versioning advice as advised in the documented process20:18
jamespagei.e. .X version ontop of the release version20:18
* bdrung is back.20:18
jamespagethere are a few examples with links on my application20:19
cody-somervillejamespage, If you were doing an SRU to upload a number of bug fixes from the development focus, how might you version an upload to several older releases? Feel free to create and describe an entirely imaginary situation that demonstrate your strong understanding.20:20
cody-somervillejamespage, and for kicks, assume that two of the releases you wish to perform an SRU for have the same version of the package.20:21
jamespageso I would identify the latest point release in each of the older releases (including the ones which have the same version of the package)20:22
jamespageprepare a updated packages based on the branch for each release; using the currentpointrelease+1 increment on the version number and identifying the -proposed pocket for the release20:23
* jamespage takes a second to thing about the instances with the same version20:24
jamespageso as I've never actually come across this situation the first thing I would do is seek guidance20:25
jamespagehowever I would have thought that I would need to prepare point release updates for each instance (again marking for -proposed); unless its possible to prepare it once and then sync to the second release with the same version of the package20:26
bdrungyou need to prepare an update for each instance20:26
jamespageI thought so; I was not aware of any such sync process20:27
bdrungwhat's the problem in this case? can you imagine a solution?20:27
bdrungadditional question: which version would you use for SRUing 1.2-3?20:28
jamespageso the issue I could see with the releases with the same version would be around the updates not getting through to proposed at the same time; I could see that this could create some odd versioning issues say if 1.2-3ubuntu1.1 got into an earlier release prior to it hitting a later release20:30
jamespageI would probably look to ensure that the verification process followed made sure that these drop's hit at the same/similar time into -updates20:31
cody-somervillejamespage, You wouldn't be able to upload the same version to the later release. It would be rejected.20:32
stgraberare you familiar with how archive.ubuntu.com works? specifically /pool? if so, you should see the problem in what you just said :)20:32
jamespageright; so using the same release number in both of the updates create a conflict hence the rejection20:33
jamespagestgraber: its not an area I have alot of experience in20:33
stgraberso how would you work around that limitation? to have the same update hit two versions of ubuntu while avoiding the version conflict and without breaking dist-upgrade to the next relesae?20:34
jamespageso understanding that constraint I would use a lower point release number in the earlier release20:35
jamespageif the base version was 1.2-3ubuntu1 I would use say 1.2-3ubuntu1.1.1 in the earlier version20:36
jamespageand 1.2-3ubuntu1.2.1 in the later version to avoid the versioning conflict20:36
cody-somervillejamespage, what if the version after has 1.2-3ubuntu1.2 already?20:37
jamespageinfact you could use the release numbers to good effect here20:37
cody-somerville(s/version/next release/20:37
jamespage1.2-3ubuntu1.2.10.04 and 1.2-3ubuntu1.2.10.10 say20:38
macowell, move the .2 to the end, but yeah20:38
jamespageright - gotcha20:38
bdrungjamespage: which version would you use for SRUing 1.2-3?20:38
jamespageand then that can be increments as required20:39
macoXubuntuY.10.04.1 and XubuntuY.10.10.1 is how https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdatePreparation#Update_the_packaging shows20:39
maco(bookmark that link, btw, very handy)20:39
jamespageor in the instance of dual versions ubuntu0.10.04.1 and ubuntu0.10.10.120:39
bdrungi always forget the layout of the security changelog entry20:40
cody-somervilleAlternatively, I think I've seen the use of tilde and the release codename + X20:40
jamespagemaco- thanks for the link20:40
macocody-somerville: that's for backports, i believe20:40
jamespage(that hangs of the SRU page right?)20:40
macohopefully the sru page links to it...20:40
jamespageyes it does - just checked20:41
cody-somervillemaco, I think I've seen similar notation be used when there are already 'point releases' so you can't just shift the the numbers around20:41
macocody-somerville: also, it'll create a problem when we loop from z back to a20:41
cody-somervillemaco, if the upstream versions has never changed, yes :P20:41
macocody-somerville: between z and a it might not, assuming we don't go into a new charset :P20:42
bdrungusing the year won't lead to problem for my generation (2100)20:42
cody-somervillejamespage, Do you collaborate and interact frequently with community developers at all?20:43
jamespagecody-somerville: so I do hang out on ubuntu-server and ubuntu-devel; although I would have to admit that my interaction with community developer in Ubuntu has not been large20:45
jamespageon Java related packaging stuff I have had more interaction with the debian-java team20:45
macodone with questions yet?20:47
cody-somervilleNo further questions from me.20:47
DavieyI would like to add that James Page does indeed rock.  His recent NEW packages which i sponsored into Oneiric were faultless.  Sailed through the queue.  He is pushing his work into Debian concurrently.  He is a good cookie.20:47
* stgraber is ready to vote20:48
maco[vote] James Page's server package set application20:48
MootBotPlease vote on:  James Page's server package set application.20:48
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot20:48
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting20:48
MootBot+1 received from maco. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 120:48
Daviey(Also noticed him working with various upstreams to get them to resolve licencing issues.)20:48
bdrung+1 (likes the Debian involvement)20:48
MootBot+1 received from bdrung. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 220:48
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 320:49
macocody-somerville, geser?20:50
MootBot+1 received from cody-somerville. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 420:50
MootBot+1 received from geser. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 520:50
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 520:50
macocongrats jamespage!20:50
bdrungjamespage: congrats20:50
maco[topic] Marc Cluet's Contributing Developer application20:51
MootBotNew Topic:  Marc Cluet's Contributing Developer application20:51
lynxmanhi everyone20:51
lynxmanmy application is here https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarcCluet/UbuntuContributingDeveloper20:51
maco[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarcCluet/UbuntuContributingDeveloper20:51
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarcCluet/UbuntuContributingDeveloper20:51
macolynxman: please introduce yourself20:52
lynxmanI'm Marc Cluet, I'm working for Canonical in Corporate Services20:52
lynxmanWith negronjl we form the Systems Integration team20:52
lynxmanOur goal is to integrate into Ubuntu new solutions for servers both cloud and metal based20:53
lynxmanRight now our main project is Orchestra20:53
lynxmanThis has allowed me to collaborate both with the communities surrounding puppet and mcollective and at the same time Puppet Labs20:53
lynxmanI've also registered patches and pushed new versions for mcollective and rabbitmq plugins20:54
lynxman(all through sponsorization)20:54
lynxmanRight now finishing the last details to get also mcollective-plugins in the Oneiric archive20:54
lynxmanMy collaborations are mainly with the Ubuntu Server team20:55
stgraberIn you "What I like least in Ubuntu" section, you mention the review process. Do you think the patch pilot program is helping improve that or are we still missing something?20:55
lynxmanstgraber: It does help, I do still think that the big problem is not enough man hours to review all the packages in the queue20:56
lynxmanstgraber: To help with that process I've also subscribed to ~ubuntu-sponsors to get better reviews of my work and learn faster, trying to commit as few errors as it can be20:57
bdrungi see only one package appearing on https://launchpad.net/~lynxman/+uploaded-packages - do you have pointers to the bugs that were sponsored?20:57
lynxmanbdrung: Let me look for them, one sec20:58
DavieyDEBEMAIL mismatch :(20:59
lynxmanbdrung: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mcollective/1.2.0-0ubuntu1 was completely done on my own, with sponsorship from zul21:00
bdrunglynxman: it fails to build. how can you ensure that this won't happen again?21:01
lynxmanbdrung: I always build all my new packages first locally then on a PPA, run through Lintian checks to make sure all is good21:02
lynxmanbdrung: once the packages pass all the checks I submit them for sponsoring21:02
Ampelbeinlynxman: you should go to https://launchpad.net/~marc-cluet and request to merge the two accounts so all your work does actually show under your account.21:02
bdrunghow do you build it locally? with debuild?21:02
lynxmanbdrung: I used to use dpkg-buildpackage but now I'm using debuild that runs lintian at the end21:02
lynxmanAmpelbein: thank you for pointing that out, I'll make sure to ask for the account merge :)21:03
bdrunglynxman: i recommend to use pbuilder / sbuild or similar before the upload (or instead of using a PPA). this gives a minimal chroot similar to the official builders21:04
lynxmanbdrung: I'm also using pbuilder or sbuild for a clean chroot, learning all the tools of the trade21:04
lynxmanbdrung: jinx :)21:04
bdrungwhat's your relation to Debian?21:05
cody-somervillelynxman, Do you collaborate and interact frequently with community developers at all?21:06
lynxmanbdrung: I had no relation with debian before except personal friendships with some of the debian packagers, i also did run some serves on debian and submitted bug reports21:06
lynxmancody-somerville: I do specially when I'm creating packages for the software that the community is based around, this has been the case with mcollective in special21:08
lynxmancody-somerville: I hang regularly in the #mcollective channel, submit bugs upstream and help other developers and users to smooth their experience of mcollective in Ubuntu21:09
lynxmancody-somerville: I also hang both in #ubuntu-server and #ubuntu-devel regularly21:09
cody-somervillelynxman, So mostly upstream collaboration?21:09
lynxmancody-somerville: yes21:09
lynxmancody-somerville: I do want to try to push the rabbitmq plugins to Debian as well since there's no maintainer for them right now21:10
bdrunglynxman: what do you think about getting packages into Debian first and getting changes into Debian?21:10
cody-somervillelynxman, Do you have any examples of collaboration with Ubuntu MOTU, Ubuntu Core Developers, or Debian Developers that you're proud of and can share with us?21:10
lynxmancody-somerville: yes, I've had interaction with smoser adding features to cloud-init21:10
lynxmancody-somerville: also collaborated very closely with zul, kirkland and Daviey for both mcollective and rabbitmq plugins21:11
cody-somervillelynxman, Was that work you did as part of your job?21:11
cody-somerville(if it was, its not a strike against you - I'm just curious).21:12
lynxmancody-somerville: part of it was, but I also submitted more useful features or patches that were out of my project requirements21:12
lynxmancody-somerville: specially for the mcollective-provisioner, I've been collaborating very closely with RI Pienaar (Volcane on Freenode) on that piece of code on my free time21:12
lynxmancody-somerville: I also want to get the rabbitmq plugins in Debian so mcollective can work well in debian (and replace activemq with rabbitmq there)21:13
lynxmancody-somerville: so I expect my work in Ubuntu making mcollective work smoothly to benefit Debian too21:13
bdrungi have no more questions21:14
* stgraber is ready to vote21:14
lynxmancody-somerville: all of this is extra curricular to my work, which is just to integrate mcollective into Orchestra and Ubuntu21:14
macoeveryone else ready to vote?21:15
maco[vote] Marc Cluet for contributing developer21:15
MootBotPlease vote on:  Marc Cluet for contributing developer.21:15
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot21:15
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting21:15
MootBot+1 received from maco. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 121:17
macoeverybody waiting for someone else to go first?21:17
bdrung+1 for ubuntu-contributor21:17
MootBot+1 received from bdrung. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 221:17
stgraber+1 (sorry got distracted)21:17
MootBot+1 received from stgraber. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 321:17
cody-somerville-1 - Although on the right path, I don't think lynxman meets the minimum standards per current precedent for contributing developer.21:17
MootBot-1 received from cody-somerville. 3 for, 1 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 221:17
MootBotAbstention received from geser. 3 for, 1 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 221:17
MootBotFinal result is 3 for, 1 against. 1 abstained. Total: 221:18
robbiewcody-somerville: "minimum standards per current precedent for contributing developer"?...really?  lol21:19
macosplit vote...how do these work again?21:20
macoi remember one meeting ending in a debate on how split votes go21:20
maco(a few years ago)21:20
kirklandwhere are these current precedents?  are they objectively documented?21:20
stgrabermaco: IIRC he needs 4 +1s. (but that's really IIRC :))21:20
Davieystgraber: based on what ratio?21:21
bdrung4 out of 7 is enough21:21
bdrung=> more than 50%21:21
macostgraber: yeah the debate i remember was "does it need to come out positive or does it need to come out to quorum-number-of-+1-votes?"21:21
stgraberDaviey: DMB has 7 members21:21
kirklandthere's only 5 votes21:21
kirkland3 out of 5 is 60%21:21
highvoltagehmm? didn't it used to work that someone needs a final 'score' of +4?21:22
* micahg thought the requirement was +4, but that just comes from an outsider observer21:22
stgraberI also remember us asking the members who couldn't make it to vote on the mailing-list21:22
Davieywow, this uncertainity is quite unfair to put on a potential contributing developer who is clearly waiting on the edge of his seat.21:22
kirklandhighvoltage: that sounds reasonable, when 7 sitting council members actually attend and vote21:22
bdrungquorum-number-of-+1-votes is stronger than positive21:23
kirkland+3 -1 = +2, positive, no?21:23
bdrungIIRC, the other DMB members where asked to vote per email21:23
cody-somervilleThe vote can be taken to mailing list to ask the other members to vote. If they both +1 then the applicant is accepted AFAICT.21:24
macocody-somerville: thatd work21:24
bdrungone +1 would be enough21:24
macokirkland: the debate is whether that's enough. majority of quorum v. majority of board21:24
macowhen this came up in '08 or '09, i remember crimsun mentioning how the MC handled it, but its been long enough ive forgotten again21:25
cody-somervillebdrung, How so? That would only bring the vote to +3. +4 is required.21:25
bdrungcody-somerville: that would bring us to 4x +1 and 1x -121:26
bdrung4x +1 is enough even if 3x -1 are there, isn't it?21:26
cody-somervillebdrung, -1 cancels out one of the +1s as we've discussed and agreed before IIRC.21:27
macocody-somerville: but then you still end up with the majority of the entire board having voted +121:27
macowe need to write down how this works21:27
kirklandmaco: I think it's sad that a fraction of the board shows up for the meeting that candidates clearly work toward and prepare for21:27
macokirkland: quorum is 4. we'd never have a meeting if all 7 had to be free every time, especially with timezones21:28
highvoltagekirkland: you should replace board members who stay away for two consecutive meetings without apologies!21:29
kirklandmaco: and a single down vote can take a candidate down21:29
cody-somervillemaco, I move that we take this discussion to the mailing list. We can more easily bring up prior discussion + votes there.21:29
kirklandmaco: particularly when that downvote is quite predictably linked to @canonical.com addresses21:29
Davieygeser: Would you like to expand on your +0?21:29
RoAkSoAx~/win 321:29
macokirkland: i dont think there's any sort of pattern to suggest that @canonical folks are "predictably" downvoted21:30
maco[action] Conclude Marc Cluet's vote on Permissions mailing list21:30
MootBotACTION received:  Conclude Marc Cluet's vote on Permissions mailing list21:30
lynxmanthank you guys for your time, I'll keep an eye on the mailing list traffic for the final vote21:31
maco[action] Figure out majority-of-quorum versus majority-of-board and document it somewhere21:31
MootBotACTION received:  Figure out majority-of-quorum versus majority-of-board and document it somewhere21:31
macoand now that it's been an hour and a half...21:31
MootBotMeeting finished at 15:31.21:31
bdrunghttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/Logs is not up-to-date21:32
stgraberI still think we should get persia and Laney to vote on lynxman's application21:32
stgraberbdrung: how so? (still waiting for wiki to load :))21:33
stgraberoh, right, forgot to add a link to the minutes of last meeting ... why do we have to update so many pages?21:33
bdrungthe latest entry is 2011-05-0921:33
stgraberI already added our last meeting to the team reports...21:33
bdrungwe need some tools doing all the annoying stuff21:34
geserDaviey: sure, mostly the short time of contributions (and the few sponsored uploads, but I just see that through the account merging some more uploads appeared), so my vote would be +0.5 (I'm still on the edge)21:34
macostgraber: i'm emailing the Permissions list right now so persia and Laney can vote21:34
micahgkirkland: please keep in mind the DMB is staffed by volunteers and people try their best to attend21:34
Davieygeser: Thanks. Appreciated.21:34
stgraberbdrung: updated21:35
stgrabermaco: thanks21:35
bdrungfound a +3 vote in http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/01/31/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t19:1621:36
bdrungwhich was continued via email21:36
geserstgraber: I started the log page because I needed several time to look up something in a log of a previous meeting and had to count backwards to find the date of a previous meeting to be able to find the log in irclogs.u.c21:36
stgrabergeser: ok, I just wasn't aware of it :) I'm adding it to the post-meeting todolist so hopefully we won't forget about it21:37
stgraberthat's if the wiki finally lets me edit the DMB agenda page ...21:37
macoemail sent21:39
stgraberok, updated post-meeting todolist21:39
=== tremolux_ is now known as tremolux
=== AlanChicken is now known as AlanBell
=== Ursinha` is now known as Ursinha
=== Ursinha is now known as Guest75959
=== fader_` is now known as fader_
=== Guest75959 is now known as Ursinha
=== Ursinha is now known as Guest67245
=== Guest67245 is now known as Ursinha-afk
=== Ursinha-afk is now known as Ursinha
LaneyI find the second guessing and sideline sniping to be rather disappointing.23:59

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!