=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
=== noy_ is now known as noy
=== rsalveti` is now known as rsalveti
=== astralja1a is now known as astraljava
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen
=== czajkows1i is now known as czajkowski
sabdflhello all12:02
sabdflhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda/ has one item as far as I can see, highvolt1ge around?12:03
sabdfldholbach: are we gathering today?12:04
dholbachsabdfl, we are, sorry - it slipped my mind12:04
dholbachlet me try to round up the others12:04
dholbachI pinged everyone - I'd say let's get started - they can read backlog if necessary12:07
sabdfldholbach: the only item I can see is:12:08
sabdflsabdfl veto process12:08
dholbachhighvolt1ge is in .ca now, so he might be better suited by one of the 21UTC meetings12:08
dholbachthe only other thing I'd like to bring up is: a reminder about https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-council-teams/msg00008.html (oneiric restaffing)12:09
sabdflwhich is really about separating fact from fiction as to whether there is a firm view expressed by me on a particular issue12:09
sabdfland documenting that view, and discussion around it12:09
* dholbach reads up12:09
sabdfli'm entirely open to the idea of keeping track of such decisions publicly, both for transparency and also to avoid some of the misuse of "Mark said..." that occasionally takes place12:10
sabdflsometimes i hear about surprising decisions i apparently took from other people who have a friend that told them... ;-)12:10
sabdfli don't think it's just me, though12:10
dholbachhaha :)12:10
sabdfli think it would be useful if team leads and others could express a definitive view and record that in LP12:11
sabdflso, for example, if it's a Foundations issue, then the comment of Colin or Steve L could be recorded as the "definitive project view" till further notice12:11
persiaDoes it need to be LP?  Would the wiki work as well?  It has attribution as part of the info pages for anything written.12:12
sabdfli often see a bug with a firm view from someone I would consider authoritative, be it cjwatson or mpt or mdke or someone else, but that is just one comment among many and newcomers may not realise it's the binding opinion12:12
sabdflpersia: for big heavy things the wiki would be fine, but a lot of this sort of decision making happens in the bug tracker12:13
persiaMakes sense.12:13
dholbachI'm just not sure in which cases this needs to be "tagged" or "marked" as "definitive project view"12:13
sabdfli.e. "the official reason we are moving to grub2 and will not support XYZ is..."12:13
dholbachsabdfl, mdke, mpt, cjwatson and others make decisions 500 times a day and in 99.9% of cases it's fairly uncontroversial :)12:13
sabdfli agree - this is just for the cases where it *is* controversial and debate will continue, so you want to say to someone new to the bug "btw, this is the person who made this call, and here's their rationale"12:14
sabdflit's never going to *stop* commentary on controversial bugs12:14
cjwatsonI often find myself saying "but this is just my personal opinion" or something, although it's pretty clunky12:14
persiaI think it's different when someone makes a decision in day-to-day activity, as opposed to taking a decision to end a controversial discussion.12:15
sabdflbut it would make for improved clarity on the decision maker and rationale12:15
sabdflhey cjwatson, didn't mean to draw you into the discussion :-) but glad for your feedback12:15
cjwatsonheh, that's OK, I have long-running tests in progress12:16
sabdfli think in most cases we are pretty good at knowing, inside the project, who a natural decision-maker is12:16
popeysorry I'm late12:16
cjwatsondefinitive project views are often usefully expressed by editing the bug description, I find, although a lot of people forget about that12:16
sabdflbut for someone who stumbles into an issue and joins the discussion, that's not clear at all12:16
dholbachif the bug description can be "locked", I think it'd make sense to record the "definitive project view" in there, otherwise maybe on the wiki12:16
cjwatsonI'm not sure I've ever actually seen a description edit war; I agree it's a theoretical possibility but I wonder if we need to be concerned about it12:17
sabdflone advantage of flagging it on a comment (especially if the flag can be added later by someone else) is that different projects can hold different definitive views12:17
sabdfli.e. this is why nautilus wants spatial, this is why XXX wants something different12:17
cjwatsonthe Debian BTS added a feature a while back where you could note a particular comment index as a summary of the bug12:17
sabdflbut that would be unusual12:17
cjwatsonto some extent this is a workaround for not having an editable description, but it might be an interesting approach here too12:17
sabdfla related issue on transparency might be clearer documentation of the project structure; for example, desktop and server team leadership12:19
sabdflso even if there is no expressed view, it's clearer where one might find it12:19
popeyThere is a (perceived) difference between the hundreds of decisions mpt / mdke / cjwatson make a day and the ones sabdfl makes. I suspect people feel that anyone other than sabdfl can be argued with. Whereas sabdfl cannot.12:21
cjwatsonthere was something about this on the platform wishlist for LP ages ago12:21
popeyI've certainly seen people voice this in a roundabout way in the past12:21
cjwatsonI think an idea was to have certain project/team emblems show up alongside commenters12:21
Daviey(There is a greasemoneky plugin that does this.)12:22
sabdflcjwatson: that, and perhaps to promote those comments to being visible right after the description12:22
popeyI don't know whether it's an approachability thing or whether people feel that it's because you're the project owner/sponsor.12:22
cjwatsonI believe bug 81692 was the bug of record on this12:23
ubottuLaunchpad bug 81692 in Launchpad itself "Display team emblem on bugs from project contributors" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/8169212:23
sabdflpopey: understandable. i think it's reasonable to expect any agenda/view/constraint to be documented though, and am happy to do that.12:23
popeyDocumenting a position is one thing, being (perceived to be) open to discussion is another of course.12:24
sabdfli think there are two separate issues in that bug report from mdz12:25
sabdflone is just showing affiliation for every commenter, where that can be determined and is relevant12:25
sabdflso telling the difference between a commenter who has ANY official role in Ubuntu and one who does not12:25
cjwatsonI'm reminded of the GNOME Bugzilla thing where it says (developer) or (translator) or whatever it is next to people's names; simple but effective12:26
sabdflthe other, is identifying a specific comment as a "definitive project statement" by an authoritative person12:26
cjwatsonbut yeah, doesn't really address what popey is saying12:26
cjwatsonhow much of this really needs a technical solution?  should we just be more careful about how we phrase things when we might come off as authoritative?12:28
sabdfli can live with the controversy ;-)12:28
Daviey(For info, the greasemoneky script adds: http://bootie.daviey.com/~dave/lpfoo.png Karama and teams)12:28
dholbachmaybe just 1) update description, 2) tag the bug for documenting the decision and 3) mark as "opinion"? :)12:28
sabdflfor someone who wants to debate, a decision is a pain. for everyone else, it's a relief.12:28
sabdflkarama! need more of that. sounds like fun :-)12:29
Davieyi blame oneiric :)12:29
dholbachthe people who can mark an Ubuntu bug as "opinion" should know the decision makers in the project12:29
sabdfland generally they do12:30
sabdflok. highvoltage wanted some record of specific decisions or guidance from me, primarily in cases where that's being quoted by third parties12:30
sabdfli'm happy to run with a space on the wiki where folk can ask for such things to be documented officially12:30
sabdfli am not going to start cc'ing everything i think to that space12:31
sabdflbut am happy to document positions there, and changes to them, on request12:31
sabdfl"can i have that in writing, please" ;-)12:31
sabdflin addition, i think we can ask the LP folk about the ability to signal that a particular comment, by any particular person, is "the view of the Ubuntu project" or other project in LP12:32
dholbachshall we start a broader discussion about "definitive project view" somewhere? or is this just about "Mark decisions"?12:32
sabdfli don't think we should get into having LP try to *guess* which statements are just statements and which are "the view"12:32
sabdflso, I could mark a comment by cjwatson as "the view for Ubuntu", but so could cjwatson do the same on a comment from slangasek, or me, or mpt12:33
dholbachuntil then "AND THE FINAL DECISION IS: ..." in a bug description should make it quite easy to guess right ;-)12:33
persiaHow would ACLs work marking comments: any Ubuntu Member could so mark a comment?12:34
dholbachI think right now most of the bug decisions can be made by ubuntu-bug-control12:38
dholbach(which ubuntu-dev is a member of)12:38
dholbachI guess that'd make sense here as well12:38
persiaPreserving ~ubuntu-bug-control as an arbiter of bug status/comment status seems the least-change ACL to me.12:40
dholbachin any case, the general idea makes sense to me and it'd be good to bring it up with Launchpad folks :)12:41
dholbachI'm not sure if there's more to be discussed on this topic for now? Maybe highvolt1ge can follow up on the CC mailing list later on and give us feedback about this discussion?12:42
persia"Project bug contracts should be able to mark particular comments as authoritative statements on behalf of the project"?12:43
dholbachpersia, that sounds good to me12:43
* persia files a bug12:43
dholbachthanks persia12:44
dholbachis there any other action items? sabdfl: have you thought about a place on the wiki already?12:45
popeyIs the wiki he right place for this?12:49
dholbachsabdfl, had mentioned a wiki page before12:50
persiapopey, Where else would you suggest?  Wiki has attribution and editability.12:50
popeyWho is the target audience of this content?12:50
popeyCommunity members, developers, 'outsiders' ?12:50
dholbachit'd really be good to get Jonathan's feedback, so we can see if the proposal that we discussed up until now helps with his concern12:52
persiaBug #80014912:52
ubottuLaunchpad bug 800149 in Launchpad itself "Project bug contacts should be able to mark particular comments as authoritative statements on behalf of the project" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/80014912:52
dholbachthanks persia12:53
popeysounds like askubuntu +1 / -1 and *'ing a good answer to me12:53
persiaKinda, yeah, except not so crowdsourced: just binary.12:54
popeyWho guards the guards? ;)12:54
popeyI mean we already have bugs where someone in the project has rejected out of hand a bug report, and that would probably get a *12:55
popeybut the rejection was (in the instances I'm thinking of) wrong12:55
popeybut once it's been "tagged" as "The word of $DEITY" that's it, game over?12:55
persiaI don't think it's ever "game over".12:56
popeythe bit is then flipped to "opinion" and nothing gets done to 'fix' the issue, and we end up looking daft12:56
popeyfrom a bug reporters perspective it is seen to be game over when the maintainer says "no"12:57
persiaI think this gives us the ability to say "Yeah, we thought about it, and decided this".12:57
persiaWe have no maintainers in Ubuntu.12:57
popeythat is not true12:57
popeyunless I used the wrong word12:57
popey"people who maintain the thing the bug was filed against"12:58
popey^ my use of maintainer12:58
persiaWe don't have those.12:58
cjwatsonpersia: that's a mantra, but its truth varies from package to package12:58
cjwatsonwe officially don't in order to discourage maintainer-lock problems12:58
persiaThe way the developer structures work specifically implies that no single person is ever completely responsible for a package.12:58
popeyYes, and meanwhilst back on planet earth.12:59
cjwatsonbut there are clearly plenty of cases where there's only one or two people working on something in practice, and from a bug reporter's point of view it's a distinction without a difference12:59
persiaIn practice, we may all agree to delegate the decision for something to someone who knows the most about it, but that's kinda different.12:59
popeyKnowing most about it doesn't mean they're qualified to tag a bug as 'notabug'13:00
persiaIndeed.  I don't think we ought ever delegate decisions that way, but in practice, we have.13:00
dholbachok, where do we go from here?13:02
popeyFrom a user/bug-reporter perspective if the person who seems to be curating the service/package the bug is filed against rejects the bug, and this is tagged as the right answer I am concerned that this brings the shutters down on further discussion.13:02
cjwatsonwhile I do somewhat agree with you, my opposing perspective is often that voting seems to continue until morale improves, if you see what I mean13:03
popeyI'm not advocating voting13:04
cjwatsonthat wasn't quite what I meant13:04
popeyI dont see what you mean then ☺13:05
cjwatsonI meant that there are some things when discussion just goes on and on and on endlessly and it's a drain on everyone's time13:05
cjwatsoneven (or especially) after a developer has responded13:05
popeyOh completely.13:05
cjwatsonone person's rejection out of hand is another person's belief that they've researched the problem more carefully and that the first instinct is seductively wrong13:06
persiaMind you, there are a number of cases where the developer responds "I don't have time, won't fix" without much explanation, but that's more a matter of "someone else has to do this: you won't convince me" than "this should not be done"13:06
cjwatsonand that's what mediation is for13:06
popeyI'm less concerned about those types of bugs being let to carry on and on, and more concerned about the bugs which start "this is a bug", "no it isn't tag:notabug", end of bug.13:06
dholbachbut that's not necessarily different from what we have now, no?13:07
dholbachI'm wondering if we can narrow done the discussion somewhat :)13:08
dholbachdocumenting "special" decisions (or however you might want to call it), especially in the case sabdfl, seems to be what highvolt1ge asked for13:09
persiaI think the wiki page is the right solution for that.13:09
dholbacheverything else seems to involve a lot more people in order to make it a good discussion (ie. closing discussion on bugs, etc.)13:09
persiaThe "Give me that in writing" response.13:09
dholbachok, I'll take an action to reach out to highvolt1ge to find out if that's a suitable solution to his problem13:12
dholbachdoes anybody else want to take on any action item regarding this broader discussion?13:12
dholbachok, I take this as a "no" :)13:14
dholbachit's not a proper agenda item, I just wanted us to have a look at https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-council-teams/msg00008.html again - and it seems like the RMB Americas it the only board/council that is currently looking for nominees13:15
dholbachI know that the Forums Council has announced the new Membership process - did they also start looking for new nominees for the FC?13:15
popeyis the Asia Pac board now up to full size?13:16
dholbachthe CC and TB still have some time until they need to get restaffed13:16
dholbachpopey, last thing I heard was that the LoCo Council was in touch with a couple of potential candidates13:16
dholbachI'll follow up on that thread again13:16
dholbachdoes anybody know about the Forums and Kubuntu Council?13:18
dholbachare they fully restaffed again?13:18
popeyi dont13:18
dholbachI think the Kubuntu Council sorted it out during UDS13:18
dholbachyes, Kubuntu is all good13:19
dholbachI'll ping the Forums Council as well13:19
dholbachanybody wants to write the team report this time?13:19
dholbachany other business?13:19
* popey checks when we expire from the cc13:19
dholbachpopey, https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-council-teams/msg00008.html13:20
popeyah, oct13:20
=== highvolt1ge is now known as highvoltage
dholbachany takes for the team report?13:24
=== jjohansen is now known as jj-afk
dholbachok, mails sent - let's adjourn - thanks everybody13:29
=== TheDaniel0108 is now known as Daniel0108
=== smoser` is now known as smoser
bjf## Ubuntu Kernel Team Meeting - Today @ 17:00 UTC - #ubuntu-meeting14:44
bjf##      agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting14:44
=== kenvandine_ is now known as kenvandine
=== drubin_ is now known as drubin
jamespageo/ all17:00
jamespageanyone else around?17:01
jamespageo/ hallyn17:01
jamespageright then - lets get started17:02
MootBotMeeting started at 11:02. The chair is jamespage.17:02
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]17:02
jamespage[TOPIC] Review ACTION points from previous meeting17:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Review ACTION points from previous meeting17:02
jamespagesommer and j1mc to look at doc presentation17:02
jamespagesommer or j1mc around?17:02
jamespagehmm guess not17:03
Davieyjamespage: sorry, i am here.17:03
jamespage[TOPIC] Oneiric Development17:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Oneiric Development17:03
jamespagejust in time - all yours17:03
MootBotLINK received:  http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-oneiric/group/topic-oneiric-server-overview.html17:03
Daviey(/me actions himself to get the trend line reset)17:03
DavieyFirsty, we are doing much better with our merging and syncing; and our new bug count is looking better.  However, whilst we are making progress burning work items; we possibly need to switch more focus to the feature development.17:03
DavieyIncidently, we have a metric tonne of MIR's we need to undertake.  We really need to distribute these agmonst the team.  We should strive to raise the MIR's for at least two each before next week.17:03
DavieyTakeway.. if there isn't a WI for the engineering effort currently being done; ask yourself if you should be doing it. :)17:04
jamespageDaviey: are most of the MIR's around the dependencies for openstack?17:05
Davieyjamespage: mostly yes17:05
Davieybut TBH, there shouldn't be too much of a requirement to have a deepo knowledge of the package17:05
Davieyso pick 2.. and just get 'em done.17:06
DavieyRemember to mark INPROGRESS17:06
zuloooh...i can stop then :)17:06
Daviey(sorry for brevity, on the phone at the moment)17:06
Davieyzul: no, you need to do 4.17:06
zuloooh...i can stop then :)17:06
jamespageany other questions for Daviey or about oneiric development?17:06
SpamapSDaviey: briefly, I think the new bug count is actualy getting worse, not better.17:06
DavieySpamapS: it's better than Friday.17:06
DavieySpamapS: But yes, it's something to watch.. However, at the moment, we really do need to put more focus into feature work.17:07
SpamapSDaviey: 42 and 62 aren't really that much different. We were at 0 for 2 entire cycles.17:07
zulSpamapS: i was cracking at them this morning17:08
hallynso the q is, is everyond doing their half-day bug triage, and is that not being enough?17:08
SpamapSI know that we have had a few more packages added, but we haven't had resources added.17:08
DavieySpamapS: Hmm.. I have a graph.. but yes, but count is raising. And there is a secret weapon to help address this.17:08
Davieyhallyn: I think we've all fallen behind on the half day triage.17:08
hallynDaviey: well that's good news bc it means maybe if we are more disciplined abouthat we can address this without being more drastic :)17:09
smoser[late question: where is the MIR list]17:09
zulhallyn: im not i know i been slacking17:09
Davieysmoser: see the WI's17:09
Davieysmoser: http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-oneiric/group/topic-oneiric-server-overview.html (search for "MIR ")17:09
jamespageOK sounds like we all need to ensure that we are doing the full half day of bug triage that we sign up for each week17:10
jamespageit would be good to get the new bug count down17:10
hallynMind you I think the wiki page suggests it shoud only take a few minutes  :)17:10
* smoser is looking forward to a bug triage engineer17:10
smoserthere are major trends in that bug count17:10
hallynsmoser: are you cloning one? (an engineer that is)17:11
smoserthat surely can be identified and easily reduced / removed with some dedicated engineering17:11
smoserhallyn, i thought i had put you in charge of that.17:11
jamespageanything else on Oneiric development?17:11
Davieyjamespage: no, please move on.17:11
SpamapSI also think that we may be writing off some common recurring themes as "a system problem" when the pattern itself suggests we should eliminate the automated bug report.17:11
hallynsmoser: mine will take, oh, 18 years to be ready.17:11
jamespage[TOPIC] Ubuntu Server Team Events17:11
hallynbut she's working on it17:11
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Server Team Events17:11
jamespageanyone attending anything interesting?17:11
hallynSpamapS: good point, maybe we should talk about that sometime17:11
zullinuxcon in august17:12
SpamapSyeah thats a topic for next week.17:12
MootBotLINK received:  http://ubuntu-server-new-bugs.notlong.com/17:12
SpamapSProbably worth talking about now that its about a month away.. I'll be a OSCON in Portland17:12
smoser(juust for the record)17:12
jamespage[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)17:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)17:13
jamespagehggdh: around?17:13
jamespageall yours17:13
hggdhno news from me, except a SRU verification fot TGT and NBD17:15
Davieyhggdh: Thanks for that.17:15
Davieyhggdh: We should probably sync up soon to look at what needs testing for A2.17:15
DavieyA2 should have installer differences.17:16
hggdhDaviey: indeed. We will need to revisit all tests17:16
Davieyhggdh: oh joy. :)17:16
jamespagehggdh: and update the automated testing as required as well17:16
Davieyhggdh: How is jenkins deployment going for CI testing?17:16
hggdhwe are moving all Jenkins to the new lab facility17:17
hggdhand will be (hopefully) expanding the tests17:17
jamespageDaviey: when are the installer changes due to land?17:18
Davieyjamespage: by end of next week17:19
jamespageright so we need to line up any automated test changes to that timescale otherwise it will all break....17:19
jamespageok anything else for hggdh?17:20
jamespage[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)17:20
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)17:20
* SpamapS makes a note not to write his boot testing until after the installer changes17:20
smbSo a bit more playing with Oneiric dom0. There is one thing I think we need to decide.17:20
smbLast time I looked, the xen tools would use the -server kernel installed as the dom0 kernel. Should that be changed to -virtual? With the benefit that -virtual should probably have blkback and netback compiled in. Which is currently a pita when trying to launch domUs17:22
SpamapSdom0 is a real server, so -virtual wouldn't have the needed components17:23
zulwhich xen-tools?17:23
* SpamapS reiterates his long time opinion that this is why kvm > xen :-P17:24
smoserdom0 is not a real server17:24
smbHm, true. (somehow was looking at hardy which take a xen kernel for both, but probably not a good example then)17:24
zulSpamapS: centos fan boy ;)17:24
smoserbut i think -virtual is probably not sufficient17:24
zulright it isnt17:24
smoserdo you happen to know  why?17:25
zulis that directed at me?17:25
SpamapSsmoser: huh?17:25
smoserdom0 is not a "real server".17:26
smoserxen runs on the "real server"17:26
SpamapSDom0, or domain zero to expand the abbreviation, is the first domain started by the Xen hypervisor on boot. It has special privileges, like being able to cause new domains to start, and being able to access the hardware directly. Unless DriverDomains are being used, it is responsible for running all of the device drivers for the hardware.17:26
smoserdom0 runs under xen17:26
MootBotLINK received:  http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Dom017:26
SpamapSsmoser: effectively, its a real server17:26
smoserit is meerley a priviledged domU17:26
SpamapSit needs all the drivers and hardware bits to be useful in the general sense.17:26
SpamapSTho I agree it is not *actually* the real kernel.17:27
DavieyIs this OT?17:27
smoseri was mostly wrong.17:27
smbOk accepted- So the question would rather be to make sure blkback and netback are really loaded when xen loads that kernel. (maybe in init?)17:27
smoseri was kind of thinking that dom0 might nit need drivers in some cases.17:27
smoserbut was wrong17:27
smbNot sure we want that built-in into the kernel.17:28
zulsmb: can you open up a bug against xen in launchpad about it then i can add it init17:28
smbzul, ok can do that17:28
smbSo the other thing I wasted most of my last week is bug 70556217:28
ubottuLaunchpad bug 705562 in linux (Ubuntu Hardy) "ami-6836dc01 8.04 32 bit AMI kernel lock bug" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/70556217:28
smbAnd finally I think I got a solution17:29
smb... and its a bit scary17:29
smbIt made me wonder whether 32bit was ever really used. Anyway, thats all.17:30
jamespageanyone have any questions for smb?17:30
Davieysmb: On another note, did you have thoughts on what we discussed yesterday; regarding the reserved memory theft?17:31
DavieyHow we can add optimisations for low memory systems?17:31
smbDaviey, well not more than I was saying. Givem more. That actually is what older versions really did17:31
smbThere is a price to pay to have pae and a virtual memory management17:32
Davieysmb: Okay, i'm interested if we can make cgroups disable memory hogging more discovrable for small systems17:33
smbDaviey, and we need to be careful about what this does. The hint is given in dmesg17:33
smosersmb, 32 bits are used.17:33
Davieysmb: okay, thanks.17:33
smoserat least on amazon, price makes them a real usable option17:33
smbsmoser, Right, well the comment was about hardy version17:34
Davieysmb: that is all from me, thanks!17:34
SpamapSm1.small is 32-bits, yes?17:34
smbAnd about the fact that what happens breaks things quite badly and wondering how it worked at all (for longer period of time)17:34
smbSpamapS, right it is17:35
SpamapSQuite a popular instance size :-P17:35
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
jamespageOK; moving on17:36
jamespage[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (NCommander)17:36
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (NCommander)17:36
DavieyNCommander: are you here?17:36
jamespageNCommander: around?17:36
jamespagehmm I would guess not17:37
jamespageanyone else able to give and update on ARM server?17:37
* SpamapS hopes17:38
jamespageOK guess not17:38
jamespagemoving on17:38
jamespage[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community17:39
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community17:39
jamespageSo any questions or updates from anyone in the ubuntu-server community?17:39
jamespage[TOPIC] Open Discussion17:40
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion17:40
jamespageanyone have anything else they want to discuss/raise/inform us all about?17:41
SpamapSHey everybody write more ensemble formulas! :)17:41
zuljaaaaaaaaaaameeeeeeeeessssssssss page!17:42
Davieythanks jamespage17:43
robbiewJAMES PAGE!!!117:43
adam_gopenstack and its related components can use more testing in oneiric! since ive been using it ive hit two major bugs that could have been discovered by simply trying to run it17:43
zulthat glance bug is fixed btw17:43
Davieyadam_g: good point17:43
adam_gzul, i saw. thanks!17:43
smoserJAMES PAGE is an ubuntu developer. Woot!17:43
robbiew+10 adam_g17:43
robbiewI guess his developer contributions and activity were in line with precedence17:44
=== Guest72525 is now known as Omega`
jamespage[TOPIC] Announce next meeting date and time17:44
MootBotNew Topic:  Announce next meeting date and time17:44
robbiew(only funny if you were in yesterday's ubuntu membership meeting)17:44
jamespageTuesday, June 28th 2011 16:00 UTC17:45
jamespagesee you then17:45
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:45.17:45
=== jj-afk is now known as jjohansen
MootBotMeeting started at 11:59. The chair is bjf.17:59
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]17:59
bjf## This is the Ubuntu Kernel Team weekly status meeting.18:00
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:00
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty18:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting18:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Natty18:00
bjf# Meeting Etiquette18:00
bjf# NOTE: '..' indicates that you are finished with your input.18:00
bjf#       'o/' indicates you have something you'd like to add (wait until you are recognized)18:00
bjf[TOPIC] ARM Status (ppisati)18:00
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Status (ppisati)18:00
ppisatiKernel development: nothing new to report.18:00
ppisatiOneiric/ti-omap4: during the last TI call we got to know that _perhaps_ we will get a 3.0 kernel for the O cycle. Still not 100% sure and no ETA yet. Linaro already has a .39 kernel but it doesn't boot on my panda (while it seems it works ok with a linaro hwpack if device tree is disabled).18:00
ppisatiGcc 4.6 and omap usb: lp#791552 has been confirmed as a kernel upstream bug, thus until we get a proper fix and as long as we us gcc 4.6, we loose usb across all the omap* targets. So far all the proposed workarounds didn't help.18:00
bjf[TOPIC] Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs (ogasawara)18:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs (ogasawara)18:01
ogasawara[LINK] http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/kt-meeting.txt18:01
MootBotLINK received:  http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/kt-meeting.txt18:01
ogasawara==== oneiric nominated bugs ====18:01
ogasawara * 28 linux kernel bugs (up 8)18:01
ogasawara==== Ubuntu oneiric-alpha-2 bugs ====18:01
ogasawara * 3 linux kernel bugs (up 3)18:01
ogasawara==== oneiric-updates bugs ====18:01
ogasawara * 0 linux kernel bugs (no change 0)18:01
ogasawara==== natty-updates bugs ====18:01
ogasawara * 25 linux kernel bugs (no change 0)18:01
ogasawara==== maverick-updates bugs ====18:01
ogasawara * 3 linux kernel bugs (no change 0)18:01
ogasawara==== lucid-updates bugs ====18:01
ogasawara * 8 linux kernel bugs (no change 0)18:01
ogasawara==== hardy-updates bugs ====18:01
ogasawara * 0 linux kernel bugs (no change 0)18:01
ogasawara=== Incoming Bugs ===18:01
ogasawara * 23 oneiric bugs (up 4)18:01
ogasawara * 1326 natty bugs (up 14)18:01
ogasawara * 1129 maverick bugs (up 2)18:01
ogasawara * 1038 lucid bugs (up 1)18:01
ogasawara * 38 hardy bugs (no change 0)18:01
ogasawara=== Regressions ===18:01
ogasawara==== regression-update bugs ====18:01
ogasawara * 0 oneiric bugs (no change 0)18:02
ogasawara * 4 natty bugs (no change 0)18:02
ogasawara * 43 maverick bugs (up 1)18:02
ogasawara * 77 lucid bugs (up 2)18:02
ogasawara * 0 hardy bugs (no change 0)18:02
ogasawara==== regression-release bugs ====18:02
ogasawara * 0 oneiric bugs (no change 0)18:02
ogasawara * 450 natty bugs (down 3)18:02
ogasawara * 247 maverick bugs (down 1)18:02
ogasawara * 224 lucid bugs (no change 0)18:02
ogasawara * 2 hardy bugs (no change 0)18:02
ogasawara==== regression-proposed bugs ====18:02
ogasawara * 0 oneiric bugs (no change 0)18:02
ogasawara * 2 natty bugs (no change 0)18:02
ogasawara * 2 maverick bugs (no change 0)18:02
ogasawara * 0 lucid bugs (no change 0)18:02
ogasawara * 0 hardy bugs (no change 0)18:02
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: Oneiric Delta Review (ogasawara)18:02
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review18:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: Oneiric Delta Review (ogasawara)18:02
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review18:02
ogasawaraapw, lag, manjo, ralveti, rtg: you have work items to review your set of Ubuntu patches which I've postponed to Alpha-2 for you. Please take a moment to review when you have a chance. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Specs/KernelOneiricUbuntuDeltaReview for your specific set of patches.18:02
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: Oneiric Server Requirements (smb)18:03
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-kernel-o-server-requirements18:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: Oneiric Server Requirements (smb)18:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-kernel-o-server-requirements18:03
smbWas able to get some domUs started  with Oneiric as dom0. Some strange problem to follow-up on when having xenconsole and console on a serial line. Also need to file a bug to get blkback and netback loaded when the system gets started as dom0. Otherwise there is a strange effect when starting the domUs18:03
bjf[TOPIC] Status: General Oneiric (ogasawara)18:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: General Oneiric (ogasawara)18:04
ogasawaraWe uploaded the 3.0-1.2 Ubuntu kernel last week.  This was rebased on the upstream v3.0-rc3 release.  Alpha-2 is also approaching, ie Thurs June 30.  That means we'll likely upload our final Alpha-2 kernel this Friday June 24th.  If there are any patches that need to land in Alpha-2, get them sent to the kernel-team mailing list asap.18:04
bjf[TOPIC] Status: Stable Kernel Team (sconklin)18:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Stable Kernel Team (sconklin)18:04
sconklin|| Kernel SRU tracking page:18:04
sconklin||   http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html18:04
sconklin|| Current status:18:04
sconklin|| Hardy: released18:05
sconklin|| Lucid: Verification complete but a regression is suspected18:05
sconklin||        Regression bug: http://launchpad.net/bugs/79151218:05
ubottuUbuntu bug 791512 in linux (Ubuntu) "tcp connections hang in forwarding machine" [Undecided,New]18:05
sconklin||        Kernel will not be released until this is resolved18:05
sconklin||        QA testing is in progress18:05
sconklin||        Security Signoff is in progress18:05
sconklin|| Maverick:  Verification complete18:05
sconklin||            Awaiting QA testing or signoff18:05
sconklin||            Security Signoff is in progress18:05
sconklin|| Natty:  Regressions have been detected in -proposed18:05
sconklin||         We are waiting for feedback from the reporters18:05
sconklin||         and can't proceed until the regressions are18:05
sconklin||         resolved.18:05
sconklin||         Tracking bug: http://launchpad.net/bugs/79201318:05
sconklin||         Regression bugs:18:05
sconklin||              https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/79409618:05
sconklin||              https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/79379618:05
ubottuUbuntu bug 792013 in linux (Ubuntu) "[Regression] linux: 2.6.38-10.44 -proposed tracker" [Medium,In progress]18:05
ubottuUbuntu bug 794096 in linux (Ubuntu Natty) "SMTP and posting to a web-form time out (probably due to netfilter changes)" [Undecided,In progress]18:05
ubottuUbuntu bug 793796 in linux (Ubuntu) "2.6.38-10 panic after ejecting drive" [Undecided,Confirmed]18:05
bjf[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Maverick/Lucid/Hardy (sconklin)18:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Maverick/Lucid/Hardy (sconklin)18:06
sconklin|| Current Kernel versions are always available here: http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/versions.html18:06
sconklin|| Package                                    || Upd/Sec              || Proposed             ||  TiP || Verified ||18:06
sconklin||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||18:06
sconklin|| lucid    linux-meta-lts-backport-natty     ||                      ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-ec2                         || 2.6.32-316.31        || 2.6.32-317.34        ||    3 ||        3 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-lts-backport-natty          ||                      || 2.6.38-10.44~lucid1  ||    1 ||        1 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta-mvl-dove               ||        ||        ||    0 ||        0 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-ports-meta                  ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-mvl-dove                    || 2.6.32-216.33        || 2.6.32-217.34        ||    8 ||        8 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta-lts-backport-maverick  ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-lts-backport-maverick       || 2.6.35-25.44~lucid1  || 2.6.35-30.54~lucid1  ||   21 ||       21 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta                        ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-firmware                    || 1.34.7               || 1.34.10              ||    0 ||        0 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.32-32.62         || 2.6.32-33.68         ||    3 ||        3 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-fsl-imx51                   || 2.6.31-608.25        || 2.6.31-609.26        ||    0 ||        0 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta-fsl-imx51              ||         ||        ||    0 ||        0 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.32    || 2.6.32-32.32         || 2.6.32-33.33         ||    0 ||        0 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta-ec2                    ||        ||        ||    0 ||        0 ||18:06
sconklin|| maverick linux-ports-meta                  ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-mvl-dove                    || 2.6.32-416.33        || 2.6.32-417.34        ||    6 ||        6 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta-mvl-dove               ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux-firmware                    || 1.38.6               || 1.38.8               ||    1 ||        0 ||18:06
sconklin|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.35-28.50         || 2.6.35-30.54         ||   14 ||       14 ||18:07
sconklin|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.35    || 2.6.35-28.20         || 2.6.35-30.22         ||    0 ||        0 ||18:07
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta                        ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||18:07
sconklin|| natty    linux-meta-ti-omap4               ||                      ||        ||    0 ||        0 ||18:07
sconklin|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.38    ||                      || 2.6.38-10.6          ||    0 ||        0 ||18:07
sconklin|| ---      linux-firmware                    ||                      || 1.52.1               ||    0 ||        0 ||18:07
sconklin|| ---      linux                             ||                      || 2.6.38-10.44         ||   15 ||       15 ||18:07
sconklin|| ---      linux-ti-omap4                    ||                      || 2.6.38-1209.13       ||   10 ||       10 ||18:07
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta                        ||                      ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||18:07
bjf[TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions: Raise your hand to be recognized (o/)18:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion or Questions: Raise your hand to be recognized (o/)18:07
bjfogasawara, go18:08
ogasawara2 things...18:08
ogasawara1) bjf, the links you post at the start of the meeting still reference Natty, should be Oneiric18:08
ogasawara2) The bug stats we post each meeting, are those useful to anyone other than myself?  Would it suffice to just post the link to the stats?18:08
tgardnerogasawara, RE: 2, the data is small enough that publishing it is fine.18:08
bjfogasawara, thanks, fixed18:08
sconklinI have the same question about kernel versions in the meeting - is posting th elink just as useful?18:08
bjfsconklin, go18:09
tgardnersconklin, the elink is more appropriate in that case18:09
sconklinand the verified counts can be gotten from the sru status page18:09
sconklinand we can probably get the meeting down to 2 minutes ;)18:09
bjfanything else?18:09
bjfthanks everyone18:10
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:10.18:10
smbthanks bjf18:10
kamalthanks bjf18:10
=== ogra_ is now known as IIll
=== IIll is now known as ogra_
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
czajkowski4 mins to Ubuntu LoCo Council meeting20:57
* MooDoo is lurking learning whats going on20:57
czajkowskipaultag: itnet7 leogg huats ping21:01
paultaghey guys21:01
czajkowskilets get this rolling21:01
MootBotMeeting started at 15:01. The chair is czajkowski.21:01
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]21:01
czajkowski[LNK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Agenda21:01
czajkowskitonights agenda, we'll work our way from the top with the agenda items, followed by teams, listed as they are on the wiki21:01
czajkowskiso firstly JanC are you about21:02
czajkowski[topic] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/loco-contacts/2011-February/005233.html21:02
MootBotNew Topic:  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/loco-contacts/2011-February/005233.html21:02
czajkowskiwell here is the update, Canonical have invested a lot of money in the once off gifts for locoteams who are approved21:03
czajkowskiand out over the 70 teams less than half have applied for them21:03
czajkowskiwith that in mind there doesnt seem to be an interest in stuf from the store to be put there21:03
czajkowskiwhat they have said is the art work will be available and the dimensions of the banners will be made available as it is possible cheaper to purchase in other counteries21:03
czajkowskihope that helps21:04
czajkowskimoving on21:04
JanCwell, we know we don't have to wait to see what Canonical has to offer then  ;)21:04
czajkowskicjohnston: ping21:04
czajkowski[TOPIC] Uniformity of Team Names21:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Uniformity of Team Names21:04
JanC(I think not all approved teams are still active though, etc.)21:05
czajkowskithis was brought up at UDS and has been on the back burner for the LC until now.21:05
czajkowski[link] http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/21:05
MootBotLINK received:  http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/21:05
czajkowskiat present the DISPLAY name here is rather messy looking and we are proposing to standardise this21:06
czajkowskithere is a mail in draft by itnet7 and us that will go out to loco contacts this week21:06
czajkowskiand we hope to refine it with the help of loco contacts21:06
czajkowskiso in the coming months we'd hope to see all the names displayed easier to read and also make it easier to find a team as it'll be named the same across the board21:07
czajkowskiagain more information will be on this via the loco contacts mailing list and our new Loco council BLOG ! :D21:07
czajkowskiso moving onto approvals as we have a few to get through tonight ! :)21:08
itnet7for the LC Blog!!21:08
czajkowski[topic] Venezuela Loco Team re approval21:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Venezuela Loco Team re approval21:08
czajkowski[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VenezuelaTeam/ReApproval201121:08
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VenezuelaTeam/ReApproval201121:08
paultagStand up, ya'll! Who's here to cheer for Venezuela? :)21:08
czajkowskiC3s4r: ping21:08
czajkowskiyou're up21:08
czajkowskikeffie_jayx: ALOHA!!!!21:09
C3s4rczajkowski, Hi all21:09
czajkowskiwelcome folks21:09
keffie_jayxczajkowski: :)21:09
huatshey keffie_jayx21:09
czajkowskiNice wiki page folks21:09
czajkowskiso easy to read thank you21:09
C3s4rczajkowski, thanks ;)21:09
czajkowskiand pictures make me happy :D21:09
czajkowskiC3s4r: so care to tell us about your team, how you get things done please ?21:10
huatspics makes all of us happy !21:10
C3s4rczajkowski, well, actually things are going great, the team has focused on the work of the dissemination of ubuntu in the country.21:11
C3s4rczajkowski, sorry for my bad English.21:11
czajkowskiC3s4r: don't worry :) really21:11
czajkowskiwe have leogg :)21:11
czajkowskiif you need a help just ask him21:11
keffie_jayxI could also help ;)21:12
C3s4rczajkowski, Ubuntu-ve at the beginning of its activities had little activity, but shortly after, because of the knowledge and responsibility that comes with being a team approved by the Ubuntu community, which is why for 3 years now the community has grown to 200% taking super important roles in the country and also international,21:12
czajkowskiC3s4r: so who does your team reports well done! very good21:12
leoggC3s4r, your English is just fine!21:12
czajkowskiyes you can see your events have grown over the years21:12
czajkowskiwell done21:12
C3s4rczajkowski, example was when a member of Ubuntu-ve had the opportunity to participate in the Summit Developert Ubuntu, this fills us with pride that we all have the same opportunity to disseminate and help the Ubuntu project.21:12
czajkowskiC3s4r: what as a team do you find the hardest thing for you ?21:12
czajkowskiC3s4r: yes I got to meet keffie_jayx he's great!21:12
C3s4rczajkowski, Our participation in local events have been very good, as to have members in every state in our country, covering every corner to publicize our work without discrimination of gender in our LoCo Team has existed since people with disabilities as entrepreneurs girls that live in the Free Software community in Venezuela.21:13
keffie_jayxczajkowski: participating in global events is difficult when a) people do not develop, nor participate in development b) language is a barrier21:13
czajkowskikeffie_jayx: ok thanks21:14
czajkowskiwell it's a great application and I've no other questions to ask21:14
leoggkeffie_jayx, but you have some experience with development, eg. turpial?21:14
itnet7The re-approval application really was nice work, and highlighted a lot of what you do, we all appreciate it21:14
keffie_jayxleogg: picking up the ropes, as a team we could be more involved in global jams et all21:15
czajkowskikeffie_jayx: so that's an area you'd like to improve on21:15
czajkowskigood that you cna highlight that21:15
keffie_jayxleogg: that case of turpial was special, we got to work with the debian folks in venezuela21:15
leoggkeffie_jayx, indeed, the language barrier is not easy to overcome though21:16
leoggkeffie_jayx, that's great!21:16
keffie_jayxczajkowski: we are already participating in Ubuntu Open Week in spanish and we are cosidering putting together Ubuntu Developer Week in Spanish21:16
czajkowskiwell done21:16
* keffie_jayx keeps fingers crossed21:16
C3s4rleogg, czajkowski keffie_jayx I have a space to talk and encourage boys to participate in events like the Global Jam21:17
czajkowskiitnet7: paultag huats leogg ready to vote folks21:17
paultagI'm settled21:17
leoggC3s4r, nice!21:17
leoggyes, I'm ready21:17
czajkowski[vote] please vote on the re approval of the Venezuela LoCo . Please only council members vote.21:17
MootBotPlease vote on:  please vote on the re approval of the Venezuela LoCo . Please only council members vote..21:17
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot21:17
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting21:17
MootBot+1 received from czajkowski. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 121:17
MootBot+1 received from leogg. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 221:17
czajkowskiwell done and keep up the good work21:17
huats /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting21:17
MootBot+1 received from itnet7. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 321:17
MootBotPrivate +1 vote received. 4 for, 0 against, 0 have abstained. Count is now 421:17
leoggreally nice work folks! excelente trabajo!21:18
keffie_jayxme hugs C3s4r czajkowski nejode davidhdz Ntovar itnet7 huats paultag21:18
huatsA great +1 for me, please continue to work like this !21:18
MootBot+1 received from paultag. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 521:18
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 521:18
paultagyes, well done. Keep it up!21:18
davidhdzthanks leogg, thanks guys :)21:18
keffie_jayxw00t, yay :)21:18
czajkowski[agreed] Venezuela re approved21:18
MootBotAGREED received:  Venezuela re approved21:18
itnet7great job!21:18
leoggdavidhdz, thank you!21:18
paultagwell done, folks! 'grats!21:18
C3s4rthanks all, gracias a todos.  :D21:18
keffie_jayxviva Venezuela mi patria querida...21:18
czajkowski[TOPIC] Denmark21:18
MootBotNew Topic:  Denmark21:18
czajkowski[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DanishTeam/RepprovalApplication201121:19
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DanishTeam/RepprovalApplication201121:19
czajkowskilaoshi: ping21:19
czajkowskithanks for coming21:19
paultaghey, guys!21:19
itnet7Wow, hey there everyonne!21:20
czajkowskilaoshi: ok, so care to tell us about your team please21:20
laoshiat the moment things are moving. the remaking of homepage and forum has been quite a success21:20
laoshiand meetings in person at Aarhus and Copenhagen have become regular21:21
czajkowskilaoshi: how do you share out getting things done??21:21
laoshimainly through mailing-list and irc21:21
czajkowskiyou mention team irc meetings21:22
czajkowskiI cant see any link to logs of the meetings21:22
czajkowskido you mail these out to the team afterwards?21:22
laoshiyes - but you are right that the logs ought to be on wiki21:23
czajkowskiwell it says once a month or needs be21:23
czajkowskiwhat do you mean by that ?21:23
laoshimeaning that it can happen more often21:23
MootBotLINK received:  http://ubuntudanmark.dk/blog/artikler/category/meetings/irc-meeting/21:23
czajkowskiit's not linked anywhere on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DanishTeam/21:23
czajkowskiannn ok21:23
czajkowskiso you store them on the website21:24
czajkowskiok so you had 2 in 2011 but nothing since 2008 ???21:24
AJenboWe still haven't moved all from the old wiki to the web stie21:25
czajkowskiAJenbo: can you show me on the wiki please?21:25
AJenbobeat me to it :)21:25
leogglaoshi, I see you have a mentoring project? care to tell us something about that?21:25
laoshiyes. it's quite new. we launched it on the community yesterday. and some 6 or 7 persons have volunteered as mentors21:27
laoshiand we have 1 request for being mentored21:27
czajkowskilaoshi: what does being an approved team mean to the team ?21:27
laoshiwe have tried to have som categories like translation, support, arrangements etc21:28
leogglaoshi, cool21:28
laoshiit means that we will be able to carry on furthering the use of ubuntu with some autohority21:28
czajkowskilaoshi: ok, on http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-dk  with the new policy coming  into place, your team will have to change the display name to Ubuntu denmark loco team just fyi21:29
huatslaoshi, being mentored to do what ? be part of the community? development ?21:29
czajkowskilaoshi: have you applied for your gift from canonical, ie banner/table cloth ?21:29
laoshimainly the community21:29
laoshiczajkowski, I think I'll have to let sbc answer - the offer came as I was getting into position as loco contact21:30
czajkowskilaoshi: ok thanks21:30
czajkowskisbc: ?21:30
sbcsbc: Don21:30
pixiarvaihuats,  in the case im will be mentor, and will help him in the support, so he can try more, and still have a "backup"21:30
sbcsbc: Don't think we have. Not that i'm aware anyway.21:31
czajkowskisbc: ok, any reason why, as canonical have put this together for approved teams?21:31
sbcOur previous loco contact left for a year in australia, and there might have been a period of no one knowing if it was their job or not. I personally haven't heard of this offer :)21:32
czajkowskisbc: can you talk to huats after this meeting please21:32
czajkowskiok, one final question before we vote21:32
sbcczajkowski: will do.21:32
czajkowskido you team reports??21:32
sbcIt has properly been quite a while. It is one of those jobs that noone really want's to do, to be honest.21:33
czajkowskisbc: ok while it's not one people want to do21:34
laoshinot to my awareness - but the reapproval application gave me insights into what is happening, and can be modelled after tgat21:34
czajkowskiit is important as it shares with the greated community how teams are doing21:34
czajkowski[vote] please vote ont he re approval of the Denmark LoCo. Council members only21:34
MootBotPlease vote on:  please vote ont he re approval of the Denmark LoCo. Council members only.21:34
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot21:34
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting21:34
laoshiand that will be one of my priorities - started21:34
laoshi1 month ago21:34
MootBot+1 received from czajkowski. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 121:34
czajkowskiplease do team reports from now on!21:34
laoshiwill do21:34
MootBotPrivate +1 vote received. 2 for, 0 against, 0 have abstained. Count is now 221:35
itnet7+1 good work21:35
MootBot+1 received from itnet7. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 321:35
MootBot+1 received from paultag. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 421:35
MootBot+1 received from leogg. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 521:35
MootBotFinal result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 521:35
czajkowski[agreed] re approved Denmark LoCo21:35
MootBotAGREED received:  re approved Denmark LoCo21:35
leoggand +1 on team reports21:35
czajkowskilaoshi: but team reports from now on please!21:35
itnet7definitely, we love to hear about what the teams are doing!21:36
czajkowski[TOPIC] Philippines LoCo21:36
MootBotNew Topic:  Philippines LoCo21:36
huatsand please ping me tomorrow for the banners !21:36
czajkowski[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PhilippineTeam/ApprovalApplication21:36
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PhilippineTeam/ApprovalApplication21:36
czajkowskizakame: ping21:36
zakameczajkowski: yo21:36
zakamehi all21:36
czajkowskizakame: just you here ?21:37
czajkowskiok want to tell us about your team please ?21:38
czajkowskizakame: your application is a bit bare.21:40
paultagyeah, esp. with the team history21:40
zakameyeah, as of late we're organizing our release party at both Manila and Zamboanga21:40
paultagzakame: you've not had a natty event, if I've read this right?21:40
czajkowskipaultag: june 24th planned21:41
zakameyeah, we're going to have one this friday21:41
paultagah, I see it now21:41
paultagzakame: do you have any photos from teh other events?21:41
zakamenot that I'm aware of.  the current ubuntu-ph.org site lost some data during a transition, many photos21:42
czajkowskizakame: your application just isn't showing us activity, how things are done, team reports, what ye do21:43
zakameczajkowski: yeah, we haven't had much activities as of late other than release parties21:44
czajkowskizakame: so 2 events a year?21:44
czajkowski[vote] please vote on the re approval Philippines Loco. Council members only21:45
MootBotPlease vote on:  please vote on the re approval Philippines Loco. Council members only.21:45
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot21:45
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting21:45
MootBotAbstention received from czajkowski. 0 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 021:45
paultag+0 please retry next meeting, after the party21:45
MootBotAbstention received from paultag. 0 for, 0 against. 2 have abstained. Count is now 021:45
zakameyeah, plus some occassional smaller/local events, like one in bicol21:45
czajkowskiI'd like to see how the natty party goes, and maybe we can contine this over on the bug21:45
MootBotAbstention received from leogg. 0 for, 0 against. 3 have abstained. Count is now 021:45
paultagthis next event will really make-or-break it21:45
itnet7+0 as well21:45
MootBotAbstention received from itnet7. 0 for, 0 against. 4 have abstained. Count is now 021:45
czajkowskizakame: your application just isn't showing this, so we'd like to give you a 2nd chance to get it updated with more information21:45
MootBotPrivate abstention received. 0 for, 0 against. 5 abstained. Count is now 021:46
=== jdstrand_ is now known as jdstrand
MootBotFinal result is 0 for, 0 against. 5 abstained. Total: 021:46
czajkowski[agreed] Philippines to re apply using the bug with an updated wiki page with more content21:46
MootBotAGREED received:  Philippines to re apply using the bug with an updated wiki page with more content21:46
czajkowski[TOPIC] Ireland21:47
MootBotNew Topic:  Ireland21:47
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrishTeam/IrishTeamReApprovalApplication21:47
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrishTeam/IrishTeamReApprovalApplication21:47
czajkowskifor this application I'll not be voting21:47
czajkowskiand the others will be doing the questions I'm here to cheer ireland on21:47
czajkowskipaultag: huats leogg itnet7 fire away21:47
* ebel is also here to cheer ireland on21:47
czajkowskiebel: step up21:47
airurandogo ebel21:47
airurandogo Ubuntu Ireland21:48
czajkowskithere are a few of us here21:48
paultagjust a moment, just reading through :)21:48
ebelahoy! I'm the PoC for ubuntu-ie and will be fronting the questions.21:48
paultaghowdy ebel21:48
theirishpenguincome on ireland! ubuntu-ie!21:48
ebelthough there are several ubuntu-ie'ers here now21:48
* tdr112 is supporting ireland too21:48
paultagebel: so give us a bit of a feel for your team, please :)21:48
jpichgo ireland go :)21:48
moylanyay ebel!21:48
paultagebel: what are some things you do really well, and what are some things that need work?21:48
mokmeisterc'mon ubuntu-ie!21:48
ebelWell, we hold regular monthly irc meeetings21:49
ebeland had regular monthly ubuntu hours in several placves21:49
ebelwe have a mailing list, facebook, twitter and identica accounts for communication21:49
paultagteam reports look nice21:49
ebelwe do regular release parties aswell21:49
itnet7ebel, How does work get distributed among the team?21:49
czajkowskitdr112: does an amazing job on the team reports21:50
ebelWe're a quite loosely organised team, we don't have really have commitees or positions of power21:50
tdr112we could do more work on getting ubuntu event going on outside of dublin , we are working on this21:50
ebelwhen we decide that something needs to be done, people volunteer (or not)21:50
ebelA lot of regular 'grunt' work is has usually been handled by regular.21:50
tdr112over the last two years we have moved from only doing events in dublin to more events all around ireland21:50
ebele.g. myself or airurando chair irc meetings, tdr112 does the monthly reports21:51
czajkowskiwe've been lucky getting colleges and hackerspaces on board21:51
itnet7good to hear tdr11221:51
ebelwe're seeing the ubuntu community outside dublin (the capital city with ~25% population) expand21:51
airurandoyes colleges and Hackerspaces help us greatly with events and Cd distribution efforts21:52
ebelwe're seeing regular events in cork, limerick and galway (the next largest cities)21:52
itnet7ebel, all of you have done a great job! Re-Approval Applications like this really make it easy to see all of the great work and progress!21:52
czajkowskisending cds to the colleges has worked out well21:52
leoggairurando, how do you do the cd distribution thing?21:52
ebeland resources are distributed accordingly. e.g. the loco banner is down in limerick(ish) for an event there21:52
infoturtle_still in limerick21:53
ebelCDs have been distributed all over the country this release and last release.21:53
paultagNow this might be an odd question, but does anyone speak gaelic (and do translation work) ?21:53
ebelinfoturtle_: I keep thinking you're in clare! :P21:53
asoktheinternI have done a little irish translation work21:53
airurandoleogg we have developed relationships with Colloege Comp Socs and City Hackerspaces.21:53
mokmeisterebel: I'm in Clare21:53
czajkowskipaultag: we do have a few people but we strugle to get people to do some, but we get some done each cycle21:53
tdr112paultag: not that many people do21:53
leoggairurando, that's great!21:53
airurandowe send some CDs to each following each release21:53
paultagtdr112: yeah, it's not very common these days, from what I've read21:53
ebelpaultag: not many people (in ireland) speak irish (aka gaelic)21:53
paultagebel: aye :)21:54
airurandoleogg we hope to develop these links further and possibly have more joint events21:54
ebelhowever there is some irish translation happening in a hap-hazard way.21:54
paultagWhat do you see as what you need to work on this next cycle?21:54
leoggairurando, teaming up with colleges is always a good idea!21:54
paultagAnd, additionally, how does being approved help those goals?21:54
airurandoleogg definitely21:55
ebelwell to keep going with what we have is important. we want to ensure that there are still ubuntu events happening in ireland and dublin and beyond21:55
itnet7czajkowski: I think we're ready to vote21:56
ebelapproval means resources (e.g. cds) that can help spread the world all over the country21:56
ebelaswell as giving us something to aim for21:56
paultagI'm good here21:56
huatsgood too21:56
czajkowski[vote] Please vote on the re approval of the Irish Loco.  Council members only21:56
MootBotPlease vote on:  Please vote on the re approval of the Irish Loco.  Council members only.21:56
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot21:56
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting21:56
paultagczajkowski: +vote time, please?21:56
MootBotPrivate +1 vote received. 1 for, 0 against, 0 have abstained. Count is now 121:56
paultag+1, well done. Keep it up21:56
MootBotAbstention received from czajkowski. 1 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 121:56
MootBot+1 received from leogg. 2 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 221:56
MootBot+1 received from itnet7. 3 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 321:56
MootBot+1 received from paultag. 4 for, 0 against. 1 have abstained. Count is now 421:56
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 421:56
itnet7Awesome work!!21:56
huatsTo phrase someone Ihave heard lately : you fucking rock :)21:56
paultagwell done :)21:57
paultag+1 huats21:57
czajkowski[agreed] Ireland LoCo re approved21:57
MootBotAGREED received:  Ireland LoCo re approved21:57
ebel:D yay!21:57
leoggkeep up the great work Ireland!21:57
infoturtle_huzzar Ubuntu-IE!!21:57
airurandogreat stuff21:57
jpichwoohoo :)21:57
airurandothanks so much all21:57
huatsterrific work really21:57
paultag'grats, guys!21:57
czajkowski[topic] Japan LoCo re approval21:57
MootBotNew Topic:  Japan LoCo re approval21:57
czajkowski[linkk] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JapaneseTeam/ApprovalApplication21:58
czajkowski[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JapaneseTeam/ApprovalApplication21:58
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JapaneseTeam/ApprovalApplication21:58
paultagwho's here? :)21:58
czajkowskijkbys: ping21:58
czajkowskijkbys: ok care to tell us about your team, is there anyone else here22:00
paultag[link] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JapaneseTeam/TeamReports22:00
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JapaneseTeam/TeamReports22:00
paultagWow, solid TRs22:00
* czajkowski loves team reports22:00
czajkowskimakes my life easier!22:00
itnet7jkbys: did the team have an Ubuntu booth at all of those conferences that were listed?22:01
paultagthat's rather impressive22:01
jkbysand we have seminar sessions22:02
itnet7jkbys: does the team have a good mix of developers, advocates, and other contributors?22:02
paultagjkbys: how's translation work going?22:02
paultag+1 itnet722:02
paultaglet's hear that first :)22:02
jkbysitnet7: I think yes. The number of us is only 10, but many guys help us22:05
czajkowskinice wiki page22:05
czajkowskijkbys: how do you get your team motivated ?22:06
paultagjkbys: how's translation work these days?22:06
jkbyspaultag: member of https://launchpad.net/~lp-l10n-ja work for translations22:07
paultagjkbys: about how many loco members are a part of that team?22:07
itnet7Nice! There's even an online published Ubuntu-Japan Magazine, great work22:08
huatsAre you able to interact with other LoCos and LUGs ?22:08
jkbyspaultag: all of JP LoCo members are translation team members22:10
paultagthat's what I like to hear :)22:10
czajkowski[vote] please vote on the  reapproval of the Japanese Team re approval. Council members only22:10
MootBotPlease vote on:  please vote on the  reapproval of the Japanese Team re approval. Council members only.22:10
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot22:10
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting22:10
MootBot+1 received from czajkowski. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 122:10
MootBot+1 received from paultag. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 222:10
czajkowskinice work22:10
MootBotPrivate +1 vote received. 3 for, 0 against, 0 have abstained. Count is now 322:10
paultagno question, keep it up22:10
MootBot+1 received from itnet7. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 422:10
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 422:11
itnet7Awesome Job22:11
jkbysthank you22:11
czajkowski[agreed] Japanese Team reapproved22:11
MootBotAGREED received:  Japanese Team reapproved22:11
czajkowskithanks folks22:11
czajkowskiwell done22:11
MootBotMeeting finished at 16:11.22:11
paultag/wc here :)22:11
MooDoowow interesting :)22:11
czajkowskipaultag: itnet7 huats which one of ye are doing the mins and updating the teams and wiki page :D22:11
itnet7I will22:11
czajkowskiand we didn't go too over22:11
czajkowski19 more teams to et done between now and october...22:13
czajkowskino pressure22:13
MooDoo"you can do it" to quote a film :)22:14
czajkowskiMooDoo: yer on my list!22:14
ajmitchczajkowski: that excludes new teams that haven't gone for approval before? :)22:14
MooDooczajkowski: eeeeeeeek22:14
czajkowskiajmitch: aye22:14
czajkowskiajmitch: each cycle  ther are teams that expire, once you're approved you get 2 years then come back to a meeting like tonight22:15
* ajmitch doesn't see the NZ team being official anytime soon, though22:15
czajkowskiand show us how they are doing22:15
czajkowskiso team reports big help, photos, blog reports all make it easy for us to see22:15
MooDoohi AlanBell22:21
=== apachelogger is now known as rohansgoogle
=== rohansgoogle is now known as apachelogger

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!