=== dholbach_ is now known as dholbach
* stgraber waves15:01
* bdmurray waves15:01
* psurbhi waves15:02
* slangasek waves15:03
MootBotMeeting started at 10:04. The chair is slangasek.15:04
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]15:04
slangasek[TOPIC] lightning round15:05
MootBotNew Topic:  lightning round15:05
slangasek$ echo $(shuf -e cjwatson barry doko csurbhi stgraber jhunt mvo ev vorlon bdmurray)15:05
slangasekev stgraber mvo bdmurray vorlon doko barry jhunt csurbhi cjwatson15:05
eveep, can we come back around to me? Still typing15:05
slangasekok :-)15:05
stgraber- Rally all of last week15:05
stgraber- On holiday on Monday15:05
stgraber- Yesterday: Did some ISO testing, email backlog, IPv6 testcase, admin stuff for the Oneiric Linux Containers Sprint and published a blog post on Arkose15:05
stgraber  http://www.stgraber.org/2011/07/05/busy-week-for-arkose/15:05
stgraber- Today: Some more ISO testing and fixes, triaged some LTSP bugs and commited a few fixes, started poking at debsums again.15:05
stgraber- Tomorrow and Friday: Some work on oneconf, dbus proxy for Arkose and if I still have time, some work on firewalling support in Arkose.15:05
stgraber - On holiday all of next week, then back to Canada.15:05
mvodistro sprint last week15:06
mvosoftware-center: webkit/python bridge evaluation (using qt webkit lp:~mvo/software-center/html-experiment), look into recommender systems specifically "collaborative filtering", some webcatalog/oneconf work with didrocks, work on gtk3, remove leaking abstractions, merge the gtk3 branch into trunk(!) not default yet though, add video player widget based on gstreamer in gtk2, trying to do the same for gtk3, utterly fail, use webkit instead; br15:06
mvoanch merges, upload new version;15:06
mvoapt: SoC mentoring, debug/fix sha1 breakage in the experimental branch, python-apt SRU for xz support15:06
mvoapp-install-data update for a215:06
bdmurraydistro rally last week15:06
bdmurrayBlocking of apport package installation failures that are the result of a      |        I wrote a merge-proposal blocking this for english at least15:06
bdmurraysegfault.  Worked with mvo regarding aptdaemon and writing something sensible  |            https://code.launchpad.net/~brian-murray/apport/package-segfaul/+me15:06
bdmurrayto history.log.  Worked with kernel team regarding tagging of kernel oops bug  |rge/6596715:06
bdmurrayreports.  Clean up of casper bug reports regarding update-initramfs failure    |        mvo will write some modifications to dpkg and how debconf is called to15:06
bdmurrayon Live Media.  Worked with pitti regarding bugpatterns for pre-Natty          |make sure messages are in English15:06
bdmurrayreleases.  Discussed bug heat with deryck from the Launchpad team.15:06
cjwatsonlet me guess, paste from vim with vsplit? :-)15:07
bdmurraycjwatson: winner!15:07
bdmurrayBlocking of apport package installation failures that are the result of a15:07
bdmurraysegfault.  Worked with mvo regarding aptdaemon and writing something sensible15:07
bdmurrayto history.log.  Worked with kernel team regarding tagging of kernel oops bug15:07
bdmurrayreports.  Clean up of casper bug reports regarding update-initramfs failure15:07
bdmurrayon Live Media.  Worked with pitti regarding bugpatterns for pre-Natty15:07
bdmurrayreleases.  Discussed bug heat with deryck from the Launchpad team.15:07
bdmurraythere that's better15:07
cjwatsonmvo: python-apt> that's bug 805389?15:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 805389 in python-apt (Ubuntu Lucid) "Support xz compression inside debs" [Medium,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/80538915:08
cjwatsonmvo: if you didn't notice, RAOF asked for an amended upload15:08
mvocjwatson: indeed, I will fix that today15:09
cjwatsonslangasek: I think you're next ...15:10
slangasekspeaking of writing sensible things to history.log - the latest bug I duped over to debconf about /var/cache/debconf/config.dat being locked shows a "LiveMediaBuild" field (bug #806272)15:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 806272 in debconf (Ubuntu) "package libpam0g 1.1.2-2ubuntu8.3 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1 (dup-of: 792262)" [Undecided,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/80627215:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 792262 in pam (Ubuntu) "package libpam-modules 1.1.1-2ubuntu5 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 1" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79226215:10
slangasekis that new data that apport didn't send before?15:11
slangasekcjwatson: ack :-)15:11
bdmurrayslangasek: history.log? yes that's new15:11
bdmurrayslangasek: LiveMediaBuild has been around for quite some time15:11
slangasekbdmurray: ok - so if LiveMediaBuild isn't there in the other reports, they weren't running in a live env15:12
slangasekso I can't pin this bug on ubiquity :-)15:12
bdmurrayslangasek: that is correct15:12
slangasek * was off Monday, US holiday15:12
slangasek * rally15:12
slangasek * upgraded to oneiric, switched to unity 2d from GNOME classic - started filing bugs15:12
slangasek * some work to help fix a regression in eglibc multiarch handling from Debian15:12
slangasek * cleaning up -dev packages to make multiarch cross-building possible in practice15:12
doko  - not working last Thu and Fri15:12
doko  - GCC Linaro merge15:12
doko  - binutils update15:12
doko  - eglibc update15:12
doko  - python3.2.1 rc2 upload, including profile/pstats with the now15:12
doko    finally free license (took just a couple of years ...)15:12
barryrally.  monday was usa holiday.  bug 788514: (gnome-applet-data, gnome-doc-utils, python-gnomekeyring, python-pyatspi).  sync request pending for python-oauth (bug 806103).  worked on a few others, but they were more problematic, will come back to them.  done.15:13
barry 15:13
ubottuLaunchpad bug 788514 in Ubuntu Oneiric "python packages on the CDs not using dh_python2" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/78851415:13
ubottuLaunchpad bug 806103 in python-oauth (Ubuntu) "Sync python-oauth 1.0.1-3 (main) from Debian unstable (main)" [Wishlist,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/80610315:13
jhuntO'Rally last week. Spent most of last 4 days working on customer15:13
jhuntbug 802661. The immediate problem is fixable by a tweak to a single15:13
jhuntUpstart job, but the invesigations I've performed so far suggest15:13
jhuntwe've found the cause for a whole class of bugs (good news!) These15:13
jhuntare not Upstart issues but rather are arguably a limitation of the15:13
ubottuError: Launchpad bug 802661 could not be found15:13
jhuntway a generic Linux system currently handles loading kernel modules.15:13
jhuntEnded up writing a kernel module to test the customer fix. The bad15:13
jhuntnews is that there is no generic fix available right now - looks15:13
jhuntlike the full solution requires some modprobe changes (more work to15:13
jhuntdo there...) and possibly some new tooling to help users. Playing15:13
jhuntwith dh_installinit. Plan for tomorrow - Upstart coding!15:13
cjwatsonpython-profile/pstats> oh, about time15:13
slangasekbarry: so python-oauth was still using pycentral on the CDs?  Do we know for sure that it's the last one now? (how was it missed before?)15:14
dokoI'll recheck the alpha2 images, including the kubuntu images15:14
barryslangasek: it wasn't actually missed, but accidentally moved to the 'completed' slot.  sync'ing from debian should resolve that one15:14
cjwatsonyeah, I was going to hold that sync until after alpha 215:15
barrybut i also was going to request doko re-run his script after we think we're done :)15:15
barrycjwatson: fair enough15:15
slangasekjhunt: "playing with dh_installinit" - fixing it to install both init scripts and upstart jobs? :)15:15
slangasekbarry: ah, ok15:15
jhuntslangasek: I'm adding some extra checks.15:16
psurbhi*) rally last week.15:16
psurbhi*) submitted a merge proposal for an initctl equivalent code mountall.15:16
psurbhi*) working on the mkinitramfs script - working on the part "when something goes wrong". Rearranged mountall, udev, upstart-udev-bridge to have a execution flow as is in the current initramfs.  Seeing an error right now - "directory not empty - while deleting" - working on fixing that. Also again, not seeing the "stopped" for a job but stopping instead.15:16
cjwatson * holiday on Tuesday15:16
cjwatson * carrying on with IPv6 work; mostly finished with netcfg aside from a few tweaks, now blocked on ifupdown 0.7, working on DHCPv6 support there to try to move things forward15:16
cjwatson * improved netcfg BOOTIF code some more to allow preseeding netcfg/choose_interface, which lets kickseed use it15:17
* barry has to remember to poke zul again about python-image-store-proxy :)15:17
cjwatson * fixed kickseed parser to avoid backslash damage15:17
cjwatson * minor installer fixes for alpha 215:17
* barry thanks zul!15:18
* jhunt wonders if we should standardise the "end of report" marker :)15:18
bdmurraylet people be creative!15:18
barryjhunt: let a thousand dones bloom15:18
ev- Post-sprint stuff (expenses, survey)15:19
ev- PyGI/GTK3 porting work on Ubiquity - getting closer.  Started porting15:19
ev  segmented_bar and hit a double free down the stack, though Neil has just15:19
ev  given me some workaround suggestions.15:19
ev- Started a conversation with Amanda around geoip-selective installation of15:19
ev  codecs.15:19
ev- Chat with Pete on pulling some of the Ubuntu Light work into Wubi (bind15:19
ev  mounting Documents, Music, etc).15:19
ev- Integrated wubi ext3 image builds into live-build.  This mainly involved15:19
ev  tricking the lupin-support versions of the grub scripts to think they were15:19
ev  operating on a Wubi system.  Still need to finish up the cdimage15:19
ev  integration, but the rest works (building the image, generating the wubildr15:19
ev  bootloader)15:19
ev- Worked with Matthew to nail down the design for the wireless setup page of15:19
ev  ubiquity.  Hacked on that widget some more.  Just need to combine multiple15:19
ev  APs using the same SSID, adding secrets, and integrating it into the15:19
ev  ubiquity window.15:19
ev- Finally got around to the IronPython investigation work requested by15:19
ev  slangasek.  IronPython application and supporting libraries + CefSharp15:19
ev  bindings + Chromium Embedded Framework comes in at about 28 MB, though I'm15:19
ev  hoping lzma and shaving down icudt42.dll (unicode support) will save the day15:19
ev  there.  I have a running example15:19
jhuntbdmurray: watch out for my "morse code" report next week! :)15:19
ev  (http://people.canonical.com/~evand/tmp/ironpython-cefsharp.png) compiled15:19
ev  down to .NET bytecode and now I'm just trying to create a bundle out of the15:19
ev  resulting executable and supporting DLLs.  I'm thinking I'll use 7-zip's SFX15:19
ev  header with a custom configuration and a lzma archive.  I'll eventually hand15:19
ev  this off to The Team (design agency) as a test harness for the slideshow15:19
ev  work they're doing for us.15:19
ev- Had a two hour meeting with The Team on the slideshow redesign work. I'll15:19
ev  need to investigate the best way to have the WebKit view talk back to15:19
ev  ubiquity as we want to move the finished dialog into the slideshow, and this15:19
ev  means sending a reboot signal to ubiquity.15:19
ev- Reviewed Matthew's crash tracker design.15:19
ev- Had a meeting with Jono L to discuss the application developer program.15:19
ev- Fighting to keep my desk in Millbank. :-/15:19
ev- Learn Cassandra and talk to James Troup about how to best structure the15:19
ev  installation success / failure data collection.15:19
ev- Build a serial controlled USB switch box using an Arduino board and the15:19
ev  innards of a manual switch box, in support of the new installer testing15:19
ev  harness design.  Finally get around to expensing ITX hardware with Pete.15:19
jhuntev: this switch box - is that to cut the mains power?15:20
evjhunt: it's to have the test master image a USB drive with the image to test, then have it switch the USB drive over to the slave15:20
evthe idea being that no normal person does installs using PXE + NFS15:21
evand we should test the USB path, as that's probably most common15:21
jhuntev: ok.15:21
jhuntev: :)15:21
evI had crazy ideas around using USB OTG, but they were crazy15:21
evthis is simple(-r)15:21
mvoev: lots to read. interessting stuff around the arduino, I love playing with those15:22
slangasekev: how soon will you know if lzma will save the day?  We are effectively blocked from moving forward on getting a contractor if we don't know what we expect to contract him to work in15:22
slangasekev: where are they putting your desk if not in Millbank?15:22
evI need to remember how to use a soldering iron without starting a fire or setting off the alarms.15:22
evslangasek: I hope to have rough numbers on the IronPython approach by tomorrow's end15:23
slangaseksoldering> oh, is that why they want you out of the office ;)15:23
evslangasek: they want to move me to a hot desk / force me to work from home15:23
highvoltageev: it's like riding a bike :)15:23
evwhich is not easy when I have two laptops, a monitor, and a netbook15:24
mvoand a soldering iron15:24
evbut I'm not considered valuable because apparently we only need to talk to our own teams, not designers or anything15:24
slangaseksolution: solder the netbook to the desk, then no one will want it15:25
evwill do15:25
evthanks for the sign off on that15:25
slangasek[TOPIC] AOB15:25
MootBotNew Topic:  AOB15:25
slangasekanything else to discuss before ev gets me fired?15:25
mvoif anyone has some experience with recommendation algorithms, I'm all ears (or the google api on that)15:26
evmvo: ACM?15:26
evisn't that the kind of thing they normally publish15:26
mvoev: yeah, I was hoping for a shortcut ;)15:27
evmind you, Netflix was willing to pay $1M for theirs: http://www.netflixprize.com/15:27
slangasekpeople who enjoyed this algorithm might also enjoy [...]15:27
evif you liked merge sort, you'll love Tim sort!15:27
barrytim sort ftw15:28
slangaseksounds like that's everything? :)15:29
MootBotMeeting finished at 10:30.15:30
slangasekthanks, all!15:30
jibelready for the meeting ?17:02
charlie-tcaOkay, I will come to the meeting, too17:04
jibelanyone else or that just a 1-1 ?17:05
jibelbdmurray, welcome !17:05
jibelpedro_, hggdh ?17:05
* hggdh wakes up17:05
jibelokay, lets start then17:06
MootBotMeeting started at 12:06. The chair is jibel.17:06
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]17:06
jibelPrevious Actions (all)17:06
jibelCommunity Efforts/Testing17:06
jibelAutomated/Systems Testing17:06
jibelEngineering Team Bug Status17:06
jibelOther Topics17:06
jibelChair Selection17:06
jibel[TOPIC] Previous Actions (all)17:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Previous Actions (all)17:06
jibelnothing I can remember of.17:07
jibelbdmurray, research of bugs with workaround was done ?17:08
bdmurrayjibel: yes it was17:08
jibelthanks. moving on17:08
jibel[TOPIC] Community Efforts/Testing17:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Community Efforts/Testing17:09
jibelWe are currently testing Oneiric Alpha2 candidates, and here are the first results17:09
jibel * Image Coverage       : 84.78% (39/46)17:09
jibel * Mandatory Test Cases : 56.21% (95/169)17:09
jibelMajor issues with Ubuntu (arch != arm ) :17:10
jibel * bug 78107617:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 781076 in doc-base (Ubuntu Oneiric) "package doc-base 0.9.5ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: Byte order is not compatible at ../../lib/Storable.pm" [Critical,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/78107617:10
jibel * bug 80634917:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 806349 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Oneiric) "OEM Install fails with - KeyError: "The cache has no package named 'python2.6-minimal'" - without network connection." [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/80634917:10
jibel * bug 79161117:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 791611 in ltsp (Ubuntu) "LTSP live doesn't work with new Network Manager" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79161117:10
jibelamd64+mac untested: bug 70228317:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 702283 in usb-creator (Ubuntu) "usb-creator doesn't create EFI-bootable USB sticks" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/70228317:10
jibeland CDs are oversized17:10
jibelEC2 tests ongoing.17:10
jibelarm: waiting for next set of images17:10
jibelEdubuntu has critical issues but won't be fixed on time for A217:11
jibelUbuntu Studio and Mythbuntu are not tested17:11
jibelXubuntu has problems with lightdm (session doesn't start and uses wrong settings)17:11
jibelcharlie-tca, do you want to add something about xubuntu ?17:11
charlie-tcaThat about covers it. If the user remembers to select a session, it mostly works17:12
charlie-tcaoh, and no live session for xubuntu, either17:12
charlie-tcaThat's all from me17:12
ScottKKubuntu is skipping Alpha 2.17:12
jibelthanks ScottK17:13
charlie-tcastudio had to re-built today, the image they had was not installable17:13
jibelThere's still time to test the remaining testcases.17:14
jibelGo to the iso tracker http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/all/notcompleted and pick a test. You're help is welcome.17:14
jibelNext week we'll be testing proprietary graphics drivers17:15
jibeland the week after it will be 10.04.317:16
jibel[TOPIC] Automated/Systems Testing17:17
MootBotNew Topic:  Automated/Systems Testing17:17
jibelpatrickmw doesn't seem to be around.17:17
jibellet skip it then.17:17
jibel[TOPIC] Engineering Team Bug Status17:17
MootBotNew Topic:  Engineering Team Bug Status17:17
jibelbdmurray, pedro_ ?17:17
pedro_so after doing iso testing if you have some free time help to test the Lucid proposed packages?17:17
pedro_the list is not that big bug having a few there17:18
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/pending-sru.html17:18
pedro_sorry not the same topic though17:18
pedro_jibel, not much to share this week on the bug status17:18
pedro_mostly catching up from last week and having an extra look to 'iso-testing' tagged bugs17:18
jibelthanks pedro_17:19
jibelbdmurray, any news on the foundation side ?17:19
bdmurrayI was off Monday and Tuesday but some notable things from the rally are:17:19
bdmurrayBlocking of apport package installation failures that are the result of a17:19
bdmurrayWorked with kernel team regarding tagging of kernel oops bug17:20
bdmurrayClean up of casper bug reports regarding update-initramfs failure17:20
bdmurrayon Live Media.17:20
bdmurrayWorked with pitti regarding bugpatterns for pre-Natty17:20
jibelany question  or comment ?17:21
jibelmoving to next topic17:22
jibel[TOPIC] Other Topics17:22
MootBotNew Topic:  Other Topics17:22
jibelany topic you'd like to talk about ?17:22
bdmurrayjibel: you'd asked about 'test case' bugs did you have a plan for those?17:23
jibelYes I do.17:23
jibelthere plan is to review the list and eliminate what is not test case17:24
hggdhthis is on the list of bugs bdmurray collected, correct?17:24
jibelthen for what is really a test case, identify what is useful to be automated17:25
jibelhggdh, yes17:25
jibelthere is something like 1500 test cases we can use to expand the regression testsuite17:25
hggdhcan you post the link to the list?17:25
jibelbut before that there is a huge work of manual reviewing.17:26
bdmurrayits a restricted url right now17:26
jibelbdmurray, do you have the link ?17:26
hggdhoh, OK17:26
bdmurrayand its not updated regularly17:26
bdmurraybut it could be ;-)17:26
hggdhOK. so, so far only Canonical can work on this list17:28
jibelthanks, we'll publish a clean list for review but there's no schedule defined yet. I'll have a closer look and see if we can make something useful out of it.17:28
bdmurrayokay, I was just curious about it17:29
jibelanything else ?17:30
jibellast topic17:30
jibel[TOPIC] Chair Selection17:30
MootBotNew Topic:  Chair Selection17:30
* hggdh slightly raises hand (hoping it will go unnoticed)17:31
jibelhggdh volunteers \o/ congrats17:31
jibel[ACTION] hggdh to chair next meeting17:31
MootBotACTION received:  hggdh to chair next meeting17:31
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:32.17:32
jibelThanks all for attending!17:32
hggdhjibel: you *could* have waited some few more seconds to accept me as chair ;-)17:32
charlie-tcajibel: thanks for chairing today!17:32
hggdhthank you jibel17:32
charlie-tcahggdh: thanks for volunteering to chair the next one!17:32
pedro_thanks jibel!17:32
jibelhggdh, there was so many hands raised that I barely noticed yours. That's pure chance17:34
* charlie-tca was going to raise his, but got busy right then17:34
jibelUrsinha, can you join next meeting and present bug status on server side ?17:37
jibelits every Wednesday at 1700UTC17:37
Ursinhajibel: sure17:56
sbeattiebdmurray|jibel: how do you intend to mark bugs that are false positives on the 'test case' list?18:15
* sbeattie re-asks in #ubuntu-quality18:16
=== oubiwann is now known as oubiwann-lunch
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== oubiwann-lunch is now known as oubiwann

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!