=== ikonia_ is now known as ikonia
=== apachelogger_ is now known as apachelogger
=== czajkows1i is now known as czajkowski
=== doko_ is now known as doko
=== issyl0 is now known as Guest15331
=== issyl0_ is now known as issyl0
* utlemming is here 16:00
Ursinhahola :)16:00
* smb \o16:00
zulwho is running the meeting today?16:01
Davieysmoser: Is this your chair?16:02
smoserare you being funny?16:02
=== serge_af1 is now known as serue
smoseror is it actually my turn16:02
smoserit has been a while16:02
Davieysmoser: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting16:02
* smoser quickly does 's,smoser,Daviey,' and reloads16:02
smoserbut i will chair16:03
Davieysmoser: good cookies16:03
MootBotMeeting started at 11:04. The chair is smoser.16:04
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]16:04
smoser[TOPIC] Review ACTION points from previous meeting16:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Review ACTION points from previous meeting16:04
smoser * sommer and j1mc to look at doc presentation (continued)16:04
smoserno sommer here.16:04
smoserno j1mc here.16:04
smosermarking postponed16:05
smoser[ACTION] sommer and j1mc to look at doc presentation (continued)16:05
MootBotACTION received:  sommer and j1mc to look at doc presentation (continued)16:05
smoser * test alpha216:05
smoserwoot. alpha2 delievered. i assume tested.16:05
smosermy personal thanks to jamespage and utlemming for helping with cloud images in my absense.16:06
smosermoving on16:06
smoser[TOPIC] Oneiric Development16:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Oneiric Development16:06
smoserDaviey, anything here?16:06
DavieyLooking at the current progres we have taken on more work items, this is probably due to some discovieries we had week before last.  I think we are on track to be able to still deliever what we have committed to.  If anyone has any specifc concerns regarding work items, please raise them now.16:06
DavieyRegarding incomming bug count, this seems to have raised significantly.  Most of them don't seem to be Oneiric, but stable releases.  The higher count is probably due to people targetting their time to feature work, and getting A2 out of the door.  The smaller team last week, is also probably a contributing factor.16:07
DavieyAnyone have anything specific to raise?16:07
Davieygood stuff.. smoser, feel free to progress then. :)16:07
smoser[TOPIC] Ubuntu Server Team Events16:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu Server Team Events16:07
smoseri heard that Daviey is attending an openstack europe event tomorrow.16:07
smoserany thing else ?16:08
Davieynot from me16:08
adam_gill be doing an ensemble presentation at portland AWS users group  july 1916:08
MootBotLINK received:  http://emeaopenstackday.eventbrite.com/16:08
Daviey(feel free to say H"i")16:08
smoseri think its time for our friend hggdh now.16:09
smoser[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)16:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)16:09
hggdhI am here :-)16:09
hggdh(for a change)16:09
hggdhand no news from me16:09
smoserthen we move on to another intelligent young man16:10
smoser[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)16:10
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)16:10
* smb thinks he found the final answer to bug 63448716:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 634487 in linux (Ubuntu Natty) "t1.micro instance hangs when installing java" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/63448716:10
smbThough you won't like it...16:10
smbThe answer to that bug is...16:10
* smoser stopped his hands from clapping16:11
smbYou really want to hear?16:11
utlemminguse a different instance type?16:11
smoserhttp://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/xen-3-1-testing-x86-Fix-mod-l3-entry-for-PAE-on-64-guests-The-adjustment-of-td2616303.html ?16:11
MootBotLINK received:  http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/xen-3-1-testing-x86-Fix-mod-l3-entry-for-PAE-on-64-guests-The-adjustment-of-td2616303.html ?16:11
smbThis is the xen-3.1 patch that Amazon has to apply to their dom0.16:12
smoserwell, its something at least.16:12
smbI seemed to work for me when applying to centos5.316:12
smoserwe will raise that.16:12
smbbefore 3/3 fail16:12
smbafter 3/3 ok16:12
* smb will update the bug report16:12
smoserthank you, mr smb.16:12
smoseryou have anything else ?16:13
smb(apart from it being hot here)16:13
smosersmb, can you confirm for me https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux16:13
smosermy understanding is that I would expect a new kernel to move from -proposed to -updates in ~ 21 days16:13
smoseris that right ?16:13
utlemmingsmb: what versions will we backport that fix for?16:13
smbutlemming, It needs to go into the dom0 kernel16:14
smbif it is not there16:14
smbsmoser, you link seems not complete16:14
smbsmoser, though there were quite some unlucky delays with lucid16:15
smoserno, it was complete.16:15
smoseri'm just asking if that is the general rule16:15
smoserthat when something says "2 weeks ago" in -proposed, that i would expect a flow to -updates in 1 week.16:15
smbsmoser, In theory there is a three weekly cycle... in theory16:16
smbfor some of those there were regressions16:16
smbwhich then needed another upload16:16
smoseranythign else for our friend smb ?16:17
smosermoving on....16:17
smoser[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (NCommander)16:17
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (NCommander)16:17
NCommanderon a call,16:17
smoserok. then we're moving on... look forward to hearing more next week.16:18
smoserone interesting thing in arm, though: https://rsalveti.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/net-booting-with-tftp-and-pxe-with-pandaboard/16:18
smoser[TOPIC] Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community16:19
MootBotNew Topic:  Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community16:19
smoserkim0, jcastro?16:19
* smoser ignores the chirping crickets and moves on16:21
smoser[TOPIC] Open Discussion16:21
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion16:21
smoserhello Ursinha did you have something for Open Discussion ?16:22
Ursinhasmoser: not sure what's this topic for, assuming it's free for all16:22
UrsinhaI'd like to tell the SRU guys that I'm reenabling their scripts, so they'll have SRU reports again16:23
smoserwell, i try to avoid politics and religion16:23
smoserbut other than that, i think its pretty open16:23
UrsinhaClint isn't here, I'll poke him somewhere else :)16:23
UrsinhaThat was pretty much all, thanks smoser16:23
smoserin deed.  SpamapS will be disciplined for his absense.  Thank you for pointing that out.16:25
smoser[TOPIC] Announce next meeting date and time16:25
MootBotNew Topic:  Announce next meeting date and time16:25
smoserTue, 19 Jul 2011 16:00:00 +000016:26
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:26.16:26
SpamapSjust made it!16:26
SpamapS09:26 ... Irssi: Join to #ubuntu-meeting was synced in 0 secs16:27
SpamapS09:26 < smoser> #endmeeting16:27
MootBotMeeting started at 12:03. The chair is bjf.17:03
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]17:03
bjf## This is the Ubuntu Kernel Team weekly status meeting.17:03
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:03
bjf[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Oneiric17:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting17:03
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Oneiric17:03
bjf# Meeting Etiquette17:03
bjf# NOTE: '..' indicates that you are finished with your input.17:03
bjf#       'o/' indicates you have something you'd like to add (wait until you are recognized)17:03
bjf[TOPIC] ARM Status (ppisati)17:03
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM Status (ppisati)17:03
ppisatiKernel development: nothing to report.17:03
ppisatiOneiric/ti-omap4: got a new drop from agreen, this time with video, audio, 3d support, etcetc. Rebased it on top of 3.0.0-rc6 and work is ongoing to produce the new Oneiric kernel based on it.17:03
bjf[TOPIC] Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs (ogasawara)17:03
MootBotNew Topic:  Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs (ogasawara)17:03
ogasawara[LINK] http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/kt-meeting.txt17:04
MootBotLINK received:  http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/kt-meeting.txt17:04
ogasawara==== oneiric nominated bugs ====17:04
ogasawara * 30 linux kernel bugs (up 10)17:04
ogasawara==== Ubuntu oneiric-alpha-3 bugs ====17:04
ogasawara * 2 linux kernel bugs (up 2)17:04
ogasawara==== oneiric-updates bugs ====17:04
ogasawara * 0 linux kernel bugs (no change 0)17:04
ogasawara==== natty-updates bugs ====17:04
ogasawara * 23 linux kernel bugs (down 1)17:04
ogasawara==== maverick-updates bugs ====17:04
ogasawara * 3 linux kernel bugs (no change 0)17:04
ogasawara==== lucid-updates bugs ====17:04
ogasawara * 8 linux kernel bugs (no change 0)17:04
ogasawara==== hardy-updates bugs ====17:04
ogasawara * 0 linux kernel bugs (no change 0)17:04
ogasawara=== Incoming Bugs ===17:04
ogasawara * 40 oneiric bugs (up 7)17:04
ogasawara * 1380 natty bugs (up 13)17:04
ogasawara * 1120 maverick bugs (up 1)17:04
ogasawara * 1033 lucid bugs (down 3)17:04
ogasawara * 39 hardy bugs (no change 0)17:04
ogasawara=== Regressions ===17:04
ogasawara==== regression-update bugs ====17:04
ogasawara * 0 oneiric bugs (no change 0)17:04
ogasawara * 5 natty bugs (no change 0)17:04
ogasawara * 43 maverick bugs (no change 0)17:04
ogasawara * 81 lucid bugs (no change 0)17:04
ogasawara * 0 hardy bugs (no change 0)17:04
ogasawara==== regression-release bugs ====17:04
ogasawara * 0 oneiric bugs (down 1)17:04
ogasawara * 447 natty bugs (no change 0)17:04
ogasawara * 245 maverick bugs (down 1)17:05
ogasawara * 223 lucid bugs (down 1)17:05
ogasawara * 2 hardy bugs (no change 0)17:05
ogasawara==== regression-proposed bugs ====17:05
ogasawara * 0 oneiric bugs (no change 0)17:05
ogasawara * 2 natty bugs (no change 0)17:05
ogasawara * 1 maverick bugs (no change 0)17:05
ogasawara * 0 lucid bugs (no change 0)17:05
ogasawara * 0 hardy bugs (no change 0)17:05
bjf[TOPIC] Blueprints: Oneiric Server Requirements (smb)17:05
bjf[LINK] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-kernel-o-server-requirements17:05
MootBotNew Topic:  Blueprints: Oneiric Server Requirements (smb)17:05
MootBotLINK received:  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-kernel-o-server-requirements17:05
smbAs last week. Only the seccomp mode 2 stuff and that is waitied for17:06
bjf[TOPIC] Status: General Oneiric (ogasawara)17:06
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: General Oneiric (ogasawara)17:06
ogasawaraI was out last week, but we've recently uploaded the 3.0.0-5.6 Oneiric kernel.  It's based on the latest v3.0-rc7 mainline kernel.  We've also converged upon using a 3 digit version scheme for our Ubuntu kernel version, ie. 3.0.0 rather than 3.017:06
bjf[TOPIC] Status: Stable Kernel Team (sconklin)17:07
MootBotNew Topic:  Status: Stable Kernel Team (sconklin)17:07
sconklin|| Status of kernels:17:07
sconklin|| Detailed information here: http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html17:07
sconklin|| Hardy: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/80163617:07
sconklin||   Kernel in -proposed is awaiting QA and/or Certification testing17:07
ubottuUbuntu bug 801636 in linux (Ubuntu) "linux: 2.6.24-29.91 -proposed tracker" [Medium,In progress]17:07
sconklin|| Lucid: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/80717517:07
sconklin||   Kernel in -proposed is awaiting security signoff before publishing to -updates and possibly -security17:07
ubottuUbuntu bug 807175 in linux (Ubuntu Lucid) "linux: 2.6.32-33.70 -proposed tracker" [Medium,In progress]17:07
sconklin|| Maverick: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/80893417:07
sconklin||   Kernel in PPA if currently awaiting copy to -proposed. This is a kernel with reverts after verification,17:07
sconklin||   and will not require reverification. Therefore, it will be queued for QA and Certification upon being17:07
sconklin||   copied to -proposed17:07
ubottuUbuntu bug 808934 in linux (Ubuntu) "linux: 2.6.35-30.56 -proposed tracker" [Medium,In progress]17:07
sconklin|| Natty: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/80246417:07
sconklin||   Kernel in -proposed is ready to be published to -updates and -security17:07
sconklin||   There was a failure of this kernel in QA due to a kernel option that was not correctly set.17:07
sconklin||   This option had been changed to work around some problems in the ec2 environment.17:07
ubottuUbuntu bug 802464 in linux (Ubuntu) "linux: 2.6.38-10.46 -proposed tracker" [Medium,In progress]17:07
sconklin||   Those issues have been resolved and the option can be returned to the former state.17:07
sconklin||   This was not serious enough of an issue to prevent releasing this kernel.17:07
bjf[TOPIC] Security & bugfix kernels - Maverick/Lucid/Hardy (sconklin)17:08
MootBotNew Topic:  Security & bugfix kernels - Maverick/Lucid/Hardy (sconklin)17:08
sconklin|| Current Kernel versions are always available here: http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/versions.html17:08
sconklin|| Package                                    || Upd/Sec              || Proposed             ||  TiP || Verified ||17:08
sconklin||                                            ||                      ||                      ||      ||          ||17:08
sconklin|| hardy    linux                             || 2.6.24-29.90         || 2.6.24-29.91         ||    4 ||        4 ||17:08
sconklin|| lucid    linux-meta-lts-backport-natty     ||                      ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:08
sconklin|| ---      linux-ec2                         || 2.6.32-316.31        || 2.6.32-317.36        ||    4 ||        4 ||17:08
sconklin|| ---      linux-lts-backport-natty          ||                      || 2.6.38-10.44~lucid1  ||    1 ||        1 ||17:08
sconklin|| ---      linux-ports-meta                  ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:08
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta-lts-backport-maverick  ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:08
sconklin|| ---      linux-lts-backport-maverick       || 2.6.35-25.44~lucid1  || 2.6.35-30.54~lucid1  ||   21 ||       21 ||17:08
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta                        ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:08
sconklin|| ---      linux-firmware                    || 1.34.7               || 1.34.10              ||    0 ||        0 ||17:08
sconklin|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.32-32.62         || 2.6.32-33.70         ||    4 ||        4 ||17:08
sconklin|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.32    || 2.6.32-32.32         || 2.6.32-33.33         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:08
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta-ec2                    ||        ||        ||    0 ||        0 ||17:08
sconklin|| maverick linux-mvl-dove                    || 2.6.32-416.33        || 2.6.32-417.34        ||    6 ||        6 ||17:08
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta-mvl-dove               ||         ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:08
sconklin|| ---      linux-firmware                    || 1.38.6               || 1.38.8               ||    1 ||        0 ||17:08
sconklin|| ---      linux                             || 2.6.35-30.54         || 2.6.35-30.55         ||    1 ||        1 ||17:08
sconklin|| natty    linux-meta-ti-omap4               ||                      ||        ||    0 ||        0 ||17:09
sconklin|| ---      linux-backports-modules-2.6.38    ||                      || 2.6.38-10.6          ||    0 ||        0 ||17:09
sconklin|| ---      linux-firmware                    ||                      || 1.52.1               ||    0 ||        0 ||17:09
sconklin|| ---      linux                             ||                      || 2.6.38-10.46         ||   15 ||       15 ||17:09
sconklin|| ---      linux-ti-omap4                    ||                      || 2.6.38-1209.13       ||   10 ||       10 ||17:09
sconklin|| ---      linux-meta                        ||                      ||         ||    0 ||        0 ||17:09
bjf[TOPIC] Open Discussion or Questions: Raise your hand to be recognized (o/)17:09
MootBotNew Topic:  Open Discussion or Questions: Raise your hand to be recognized (o/)17:09
bjffor your amusement: http://people.canonical.com/~bradf/17:10
bjfthanks everyone17:10
MootBotMeeting finished at 12:10.17:10
=== Ursinha is now known as Ursinha-lunch
jasric89is anyone here19:21
charlie-tcathis is the meeting channel19:27
charlie-tcaThere is no meeting at this time19:27
* patdk-wk runs around the meeting hall like a 2year old19:33
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== skaet is now known as skaet_afk
=== skaet_afk is now known as skaet
=== Quintasan_ is now known as Quintasan
=== cking is now known as cking-afk
=== Ursinha-lunch is now known as Ursinha

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!