jbichabryceh: xdiagnose is still a recommends so wouldn't it still be pulled in automatically?01:03
brycehjbicha, it was a recommends previously.  We moved it to depends because it wasn't getting pulled in for people.  Bug 814346 said to revert that change which is what I've done.01:04
ubot2Launchpad bug 814346 in xorg "xorg-common depends on xdiagnose which pulls in all of gtk3" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81434601:04
jbichaoh ok01:06
brycehI'm assuming it's not a problem, since we had it as recommends for a quite a while before this01:07
jbichaI don't run pure kubuntu so I don't know01:12
TheMusobryceh: Did you add xdiagnose to the actual seeds, or just to ubuntu-meta?01:13
brycehTheMuso, just to ubuntu-meta01:15
brycehTheMuso, how do you add it to the seeds?01:15
TheMusobryceh: Right, it needs to be done at the seed level, otherwise that change will be lost next time the meta is updated.01:15
brycehTheMuso, ok, would you be willing to make that change?  I've not dealt with the seeds before01:16
TheMusobryceh: You need to branch lp:~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-seeds/ubuntu.oneiric and add the package to the desktop file in that branch. If it needs to be a recommends, you need to surround the package name in brackets.01:16
TheMusobryceh: Sure. I'll make the change, and you can branch the branch I referred to above and see what I did.01:17
TheMusobryceh: So is it a recommends of ubuntu-desktop, or a depends?01:17
brycehTheMuso, I believe it should be a depends.  We want it always to be installed01:18
TheMusobryceh: Ok then.01:18
TheMusobryceh: Ok, now if you branch lp:~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-seeds/ubuntu.oneiric and look at the last revision, it should show you how a package gets added to the desktop seed. If you wanted to make it a recommends instead of a depends, you enclose it in brackets.01:21
TheMusoAnd now, once your ubuntu-meta upload is published, we will upload a new revision of ubuntu-meta, which uses an update script to automate the updating of the metapackages.01:22
TheMusoRAOF: You may be interested in this too should you ever need to add something to the seeds, that is if you haven't done so already.01:23
RAOFI'm pretty sure I've touched the seeds before :)01:24
brycehTheMuso, cool thanks01:25
TheMusobryceh: np01:27
TheMusoRAOF: Ok, just making sure.01:27
jasoncwarner_hey bryceh and RAOF, why would I be getting on 2d right now instead of 3d? shouldn't nouveau be able to handle 3d? did something change recently?01:41
jasoncwarner_I had been running nouveau for a while and switched to nvidia earlier this week01:41
kenvandinejasoncwarner_, are you sure it is falling back to 2d?  are you using the unity-greeter?01:43
kenvandineit seems to default to the top session, not the last one01:43
kenvandineso if i forget to click it, i get unity-2d :)01:43
brycehjasoncwarner_, a common reason for getting 2d instead of 3d is a problem with glx libraries01:46
jasoncwarner_I'm using unity-greeter, but I am explictly choosing my session...I choose 'ubuntu' and I get 2d01:46
jasoncwarner_when I choose 'gnome', I get a message 'can't load session 'gnome'"01:46
brycehjasoncwarner_, did you file a bug report on this yet?  If not please do so, so we can see the logs and see what's going on01:46
brycehjasoncwarner_, if you want to diagnose yourself, here's what I'd look at...01:46
brycehcheck glxinfo to see if you're booting with software rendering01:47
brycehlook in /var/log/Xorg.0.log to see if the glx libraries are loading, and if not see if there's an error message01:47
brycehcheck dmesg to make sure the kernel modules are getting loaded properly01:47
brycehjasoncwarner_, I looked at the nvidia-graphics-drivers package and there hasn't been an update to it recently01:49
brycehhttps://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers shows 3 weeks since last change01:50
brycehjasoncwarner_, so next look in /var/log/dpkg.log to see what updated.01:50
brycehjasoncwarner_, I've also looked through the bug tracker for other recent reports of nvidia problems but didn't spot one...01:51
brycehso if you could file a bug report on this one it'd be a big help; even if it ends up not being an X issue, I'd still like to take a look.01:52
jasoncwarner_bryceh: reporting now...I dont' see anything obvious in logs, but i'm also not hte best person to look at 'em.01:53
jasoncwarner_bryceh: FYI - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/81438402:01
ubot2Ubuntu bug 814384 in xorg "Unity won't load, nvidia won't install" [Undecided,New]02:01
brycehthanks, looking02:03
brycehjasoncwarner_, what error message do you get when you try installing nvidia?02:04
RAOFjasoncwarner_: Fun!  You've got the nvidia glx installed, breaking nouveau, but the nvidia kernel module isn't built for your current kernel.  But is for -502:04
jasoncwarner_one sec...rebooting...will get in a minute02:04
RAOFbryceh: Didn't we attach dkms.log to these bug reports previously?02:05
brycehRAOF, DpkgLog.txt02:05
brycehRAOF, I'm examining it now :-)02:06
RAOFNo - the *dkms* log.  Which might explain why nvidia isn't built for the -6 kernel.02:06
jasoncwarner_bryceh: "sorry, installation of this driver failed. Please have a look at the log file for details: /var/log/jockey.log"02:06
jasoncwarner_and then, in the log files...(one more sec)02:06
brycehRAOF, sorry (old man eyes) yeah it's at https://launchpadlibrarian.net/75721742/DpkgLog.txt02:07
RAOFSomeone's playing with gtk themes ;)02:07
brycehdah nevermind02:07
RAOFdpkg and dkms are too similar :)02:08
brycehthere should be another dkms log file hmm02:08
RAOFbryceh: Yeah, that's the status.  But dkms also writes a log file.02:08
brycehif it's not attached I'd guess it's not present02:08
jasoncwarner_bryceh: jockey log02:08
RAOFThat's kinda annoying :)02:08
brycehjasoncwarner_, do you have any make.log files under /var/lib/dkms?02:09
brycehooh jason found one bug at least02:09
bryceh2011-07-22 11:35:15,160 DEBUG: Could not instantiate Handler subclass __builtin__.NvidiaDriverBase from name NvidiaDriverBase02:09
brycehTraceback (most recent call last):02:09
bryceh  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/jockey/detection.py", line 957, in get_handlers02:09
bryceh    inst = obj(backend)02:09
brycehTypeError: __init__() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)02:09
brycehah, and here's the second:02:10
bryceh2011-07-22 11:35:30,856 DEBUG: NVidia(nvidia_current).enabled(): target_alt /usr/lib/nvidia-current/ld.so.conf current_alt /usr/lib/nvidia-current/ld.so.conf other target alt /usr/lib/nvidia-current/alt_ld.so.conf other current alt /usr/lib/nvidia-current/alt_ld.so.conf02:10
bryceh2011-07-22 11:35:30,856 DEBUG: KMH enabled: False02:10
bryceh2011-07-22 11:35:34,096 WARNING: modinfo for module nvidia_current failed: ERROR: modinfo: could not find module nvidia_current02:10
brycehwell, that says the nvidia kernel module isn't installed but doesn't say why02:11
jasoncwarner_bryceh: no make.log fikes in /var/log/dkms, but I do have an 'nvidiaa-current' directory under there if that means anything02:12
brycehjasoncwarner_, it looks like the issue is that the nvidia kernel module didn't build.02:12
brycehlikely because something changed with the -6 kernel02:13
brycehbut we need a nvidia build log to know why it's not building02:13
jasoncwarner_bryceh: I guess that is one problem, but another question I have is why isn't nouveau allowing me to run 3d when it was earlier this week?02:14
brycehright, and that's the second problem (or third, counting the jockey bug mentioned above)02:14
jasoncwarner_bryceh: :) so many problems!02:15
RAOFWell, for the boot in your logs the reason why nouveau wasn't allowing you to run 3d was that you had nvidia-current installed (but not usable) :)02:15
brycehThe Xorg.0.log shows this:  (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"02:15
brycehFATAL: Module nvidia not found.02:15
bryceh(EE) NVIDIA: Failed to load the NVIDIA kernel module. Please check your02:15
bryceh(EE) NVIDIA:     system's kernel log for additional error messages.02:15
bryceh(EE) Failed to load module "nvidia" (module-specific error, 0)02:15
bryceh(EE) Failed to load module "nv" (module does not exist, 0)02:15
bryceh(EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible NVIDIA X driver not found)02:15
jasoncwarner_RAOF: should I just remove nvidia for now and revert to nouveau?02:16
brycehis X trying to load nvidia even though the kernel module is broken?02:16
RAOFjasoncwarner_: Yes.  It's not possible for nouveau to work while nvidia is installed.02:16
brycehjasoncwarner_, yeah nouveau isn't loading because nvidia's still installed02:16
jasoncwarner_so just sudo apt-get remove nvidia-current would suffice?02:17
RAOFbryceh: X can't know the kernel module is broken until the nvidia DDX has failed to load ;)02:17
bryceh[     5.438] (EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible NVIDIA X driver not found)02:17
RAOFjasoncwarner_: Yup, that'd do it.02:17
brycehRAOF, right and by then it's too late02:17
jasoncwarner_RAOF: doing it...will reboot in a minute02:17
RAOFbryceh: Well, not quite.  It falls back to nouveau quite happily.  *But* because the alternatives are set for nvidia it's loading nvidia's libglx, which only works with the nvidia driver.02:18
brycehactually... is it too late?  Couldn't X just note the missing kernel module and try harder?02:18
brycehah, right the alternatives.  dah02:18
RAOFThis is why Jason gets a display *at all* :)02:19
brycehso... next question is why is there no make.log02:19
jasoncwarner_RAOF / bryceh : removing nvidia like that gets me back in to 3d..thank you!02:20
brycehjasoncwarner_, could you re-try installing nvidia once more and see if a make.log file gets generated?02:30
jasoncwarner_yeah...give me a few minutes...talking to ted02:31
brycehgrabbing tea... bbiab02:46
jasoncwarner_bryceh: FYI...I just did a reinstall of nvidia and it worked...weirdly03:26
brycehjasoncwarner_, ok03:29
brycehjasoncwarner_, a lot of these kinds of nvidia loading bugs get resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling03:29
brycehit forces it to rebuild against the new kernel.  In theory it should be doing that automatically already.03:30
jasoncwarner_yo, bryceh and RAOF ... kernel question...i can't remember if we said anywhere if we were shooting for 3.0 in oneiric? I saw Linus just pushed 3.003:33
brycehjasoncwarner_, yes03:34
jasoncwarner_easy enough ;)03:34
brycehjasoncwarner_, the kernel team's policy in oneiric is basically to follow upstream and ship what is stable, which in this case will be 3.0.x03:34
jasoncwarner_bryceh: ok, very cool...thanks.03:35
RAOFUnless 3.1 comes out remarkably quickly :)03:36
TheMusoWhich I doubt, we are still in the rc stage.03:41
humphreybcTheMuso: Not as of 45 minutes ago :) http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/07/linux-kernel-3-0-released/03:44
TheMusohumphreybc: Oh thanks for that, seems the latest linux kernel versions RSS from kernel.org is not yet updated.03:45
computer_hi! I'm using 11.04. In the last month i keep being ask to enter a password before i am connected to the local network at home even though the laptop is set to automatically login on start-up anyone know why his started and how to fix?03:51
RAOFYou'd be seeing bug #74492903:55
ubot2Launchpad bug 744929 in gnome-keyring "After auto-login, prompted to unlock keyring multiple times" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/74492903:55
pittiGood morning03:59
computer_thanks <ubot2>04:01
pittiwell, it needs to ask you at least once04:02
pittiif you see the question several times, that'd be above bug04:02
RAOFGood morning pitti!04:07
pittihey RAOF, how are you?04:08
RAOFLooking forward to the weekend :)04:08
RAOFAlso frustrated at how bad my writing has become.  There was once a time when I could have whipped up an EGL packaging howto in an hour or so, and been happy with it.04:09
pittiRAOF: writing C/Python has now become better than writing English? :-)04:11
RAOFPretty much :(04:11
didrocksgood morning05:19
pittibonjour didrocks05:36
didrocksguten morgen pitti05:36
didrockshow are you?05:36
pittiI'm great, thanks! my CD build script is making progress05:36
didrocksnice :)05:37
* didrocks scratches his head to make a conditional qmake include for armel…05:58
didrocksseems you can only specify unix/win/mac05:58
pittiah, only platform, not architecture?05:58
pittididrocks: could you perhaps add an armel check into the include file itself?05:59
pittiso that it's basically an empty file on !armel?05:59
didrockspitti: it's a whole plugin subdirectory that needs to be ignored on armel06:00
pittiah :(06:00
didrocksanother way is to apply a patch to the upstream qmake file only for armel…06:01
didrockswhich I don't really like06:01
ejathi .. didrocks06:06
ejatis this true : http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=451706#post45170606:06
didrocksejat: not sure what "uniform location" means06:08
RAOFdidrocks: IIUC that's got to do with GLSL uniforms.06:09
RAOFWhich are… things.06:09
didrocksoh, that would be a vertex question for jay then :)06:09
* RAOF would need to look up glsl spec to accurately describe them.06:09
ejatthats a thing .. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/screenshot20110719at115.png/06:11
ejatis it bcoz of the unity .. and if i try to login .. to normal desktop with effect .. its flickering ..06:11
ejatbefore this it doesnt happend like that06:12
didrocksejat: before what? last release?06:12
didrockswhich version is installed?06:12
ejat  Installed: 3.8.16-0ubuntu1~natty106:19
ejat  Candidate: 3.8.16-0ubuntu1~natty106:19
ejat  Installed: 1:0.9.4+bzr20110606-0ubuntu1~natty206:19
ejat  Candidate: 1:0.9.4+bzr20110606-0ubuntu1~natty206:19
ejathow to debug / trace06:21
desrtdidrocks: good morning06:24
desrtara: good morning06:24
aramorning desrt06:24
pittihey ara, how are you?06:24
pittidesrt: heya06:24
desrtpitti: hihi :)06:24
arahey pitti, didrocks :)06:24
desrtara: he's ignoring us06:25
desrthe has his makefiles06:25
didrockshey desrt!06:25
didrockshey ara :)06:25
ejatdidrocks : or is there a way to reset/restore unity environment06:28
didrocksejat: I think for this gl stuff, it's better to directly see with our opengl master, jaytaoko on #ayatana (freenode)06:29
didrocksejat: he's on US time though06:29
ejatowh .. its related to ayatana ?06:30
ejatowh .. thanks . ill try to check with the master ..06:31
didrocksejat: #ayatana are were the unity devs are :)06:31
ejatowh really .. didnt notice about it .. ok ill check with them .. thanks … btw .. will compiz 0.9.5 will backported to natty ?06:32
didrocksejat: no, there are too many changes to backport it06:37
didrocksand yw :)06:37
didrocksejat: you're welcome06:40
ejatow sorry06:40
didrockspitti: are you aware of a debian/<package_name>.install.linux ? I can't find any hack in debian/rules and no documentation?06:41
didrocksejat: no worry :)06:41
pittididrocks: never heard about that one06:45
pittididrocks: it's not done on e. g. debian/kfreebsd?06:46
didrockspitti: no I see nothing like that in the debian/ directory06:46
=== tkamppeter_ is now known as tkamppeter
desrtmvo: word.06:57
mvodesrt: good morning! the only word I can currently say is "a cup of tea, fast^Wplease"06:59
mvo(ok, that was more than one word)06:59
desrtand many more outside of the quotes06:59
mvoheh :)06:59
desrtyou should switch to coffee for the mornings.  works faster. :)06:59
pittihey mvo07:00
mvomaybe, but you know what they say about old dogs and new tricks07:00
mvohey pitti07:00
* desrt woke up this morning to didrocks saying 'coffee is ready in the kitchen'. score.07:00
pittidesrt: four words: coffe baah! tea yummy!07:00
mvodesrt: woah! didrocks \o/07:00
pittidesrt: ... a treat you never get at home? :-(07:00
didrocksachievement \o/07:00
didrockshey mvo ;)07:01
desrtpitti: often i get it at home as well, actually07:01
mvogood morning didrocks07:02
RAOFdidrocks: Check out man debhelper.07:31
RAOFdidrocks: dh_install will look for <package_name>.install.$ARCH, <package_name>.install.$OS, <package_name>.install, and pick the first one that matches.07:32
didrocksoh, in DEBHELPER CONFIG FILES07:33
didrocksI just looked an man dh_install07:33
didrocksRAOF: exactly what I wanted! excellent ;)07:33
didrocksthanks a lot!07:33
didrockssalut seb12807:49
seb128lut didrocks, ca va ?07:49
didrocksseb128: ça va, et toi?07:50
seb128très bien ;-)07:50
seb128it's friday apparently07:50
seb128didrocks, can I upgrade my unity? ;-)07:50
didrocksseb128: seems some people on the french forum dared to do so, and it seems to even work! :-)07:50
RAOFAh, I see ctrl-tab works now!07:51
didrocksindeed :-)07:51
didrocksseb128: so, you read it like me, RAOF told it's working for him. So if it fails, it will be entirely his fault, isn't it? :)07:51
RAOFAnd this is on my troublesome sandybridge laptop.  It can't possibly fail to work for you! :)07:52
seb128the issue is that he will declare it's end of week and just ignore us :p07:52
didrocksRAOF: heh, test-proof hw! :-)07:52
didrockshum, right…07:52
RAOFI'm pretty sure we've previously established that X is perfect.  Any bugs which may appear to be in X should actually be referred to the kernel team :P07:53
didrocksRAOF: yeah, and every glitches in your keyboard or your screen is because you don't take enough care of your computer and should clean it more :-)07:55
seb128I'm glad we have dx07:56
seb128before their time people were just blaming all the desktop bugs on gtk :p07:56
RAOFdidrocks: Or possibly bake it again :)07:56
didrocksRAOF: heh, more than true! :-)07:56
didrocksseb128: indeed, it's a nice diversion ;-)07:56
pittihey seb12807:57
seb128hey pitti, how are? is your desk clean yet? ;-)07:57
pittiI'm still blaming GNOME, not DX, for making it so excruciatingly difficult to restore my keybinding shortcuts now07:57
dpmmorning pitti. I was looking at the natty langpacks on the server last night, to build and test the Catalan one as you asked me, but I wasn't sure what the best way would be. Build all langpacks on the server without uploading them and then test the -ca ones locally? or just fetch the sources for the -ca ones and build and test them locally? What do you do in these cases when you're testing langpacks?07:58
chrisccoulsongood morning everyone07:58
pittiseb128: getting there :) 16 mails in my ubuntu folder to go, and ubuntu-defaults-image builder is working now (writing manpage now)07:58
seb128hey chrisccoulson, how are you?07:58
seb128pitti, \o/07:58
chrisccoulsonpitti - oh, i thought everyone blames firefox for their problems :)07:58
chrisccoulsonseb128 does ;)07:58
seb128I do blame firefox!07:58
chrisccoulsonhi seb128, i'm good thanks. how are you?07:58
pittidpm: I just rsync the source directories for the language I'm interested in, and build/install them locally on my desktop07:58
chrisccoulsonheh :)07:58
seb128chrisccoulson, I'm great thanks07:58
seb128need some coffee though ;-)07:58
dpmok, thanks pitti07:58
pittiseb128: but seriously, there is no way at all to set up keybindings any more?07:59
seb128pitti, ccsm07:59
pittifor switching desktops, opening terminals, sending a window to the background, and all the other useful things07:59
pittiseb128: didn't find it in ccsm07:59
pittithe only place where I found it at all (and which works) is gconf-editor now07:59
seb128it's in the same categories that the number of ws07:59
didrockspitti: you have [general] and [gnome compat]07:59
seb128the tab before08:00
pittiseb128: gnome compat doesn't have useful stuff08:00
RAOFTheMuso: Say I had a Dell 6420 here in front of me, and I found that almost the entire dynamic range of the volume control is covered by 0%~5%, would ubuntu-bug grab all the information that you needed straight up?08:00
pittiseb128: ah, the general tab has the focus stuff08:01
pittiseb128: erm, I mean the windowo handling stuff08:01
pittiseb128: but I didn't find focus-follows-mouse08:01
seb128pitti, viewport switched has the go to ws ones08:01
pittithat only was in gconf08:01
seb128you need to track options yeah08:01
pittiseb128: and switching to desktop like ctrl+alt+2 for ws2 isn't there either08:01
seb128it's in viewport switcher08:02
seb128yeah, annoying to go through08:02
didrocks"go to specific viewport" tab08:02
seb128I recommend doing a script that restore your standard gconf keys08:02
seb128if you often unity --reset08:02
didrocks(and soon gsettings ;))08:02
pittiI just did unity --reset yesterday08:02
pittinot often, just yesterday08:02
pittiI thought everything crashed around me, but turned out that it was "just" Qt going mad when opening calibre08:03
dpmpitti, and another question: I've been working with skaet to gather a set of contacts to test the localized images, and I've created this page for that: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricOcelot/LocalizedImagesRollout - I've tried to anticipate the questions the people creating and testing the images will have. There are some things that are still not clear to me and I was wondering if you or cjwatson could give me a hand. For example: (roughly) what will08:03
pittiin my debian sid chroot, calibre works fine, so I'm using that now08:03
dpm the workflow be to create a localized ISO?08:03
pittidpm: I'm just starting to write documentation how to build  localized images08:03
pitticurrently typing the manpage for the scripts, and later I'll also write a wiki page about the process08:04
dpmpitti, oh, excellent. So basically, someone creating an ISO will have to install the scripts, run them, obtain the ISO and upload it somewhere, I guess?08:05
pittidpm: right08:06
pittidpm: well, and do the actual customizatinos to the configuration files of the defaults package08:06
dpmpitti, ah, I see. So will there be a defaults package for every language, or a master one with all of the configurations?08:07
pittidpm: there will be an ubuntu-defaults-zh-cn in Ubuntu, as this is the one we'll "officially" build ourselves08:08
pittidpm: others, like the French loco's, can/should stay in a PPA for now08:08
dpmpitti, oh, so a requirement for each team wanting to build a localized ISO will be for them to provide their own defaults package08:09
pittidpm: correct08:09
pittidpm: we have a script ubuntu-defaults-template which will create a package for you, with commented out examples and documentation in comments, etc.08:10
pittiplus the manpages08:10
pittihey rodrigo_08:10
rodrigo_hi pitti08:10
dpmgreat, thanks pitti. And just to make sure, the installer (d-i + ubiquity) will remain translated in any case, right? I.e. we're not removing their translations from the main ISO, so that people not aware of the LoCo versions can still do the installation process in their language as usual08:12
pittidpm: right08:12
dpmcool, thanks08:12
didrockspitti: for the default applications at a system level, there is two solutions: either diverting /usr/share/applications/defaults.list or ship an additional file in /etc/xdg/. There is no way AFAIK to do that at the admin level (/etc) yet and so, I'll have to run that to the freedesktop ML08:17
pittididrocks: sorry, I don't understand -- so additional file in /etc/xdg will work, or not?08:23
pittididrocks: but diverting defaults.list seems ok for now08:23
didrockspitti: it won't for now, it will need to be discussed in freedesktop. I think there is still a value for admins though08:23
didrocksbut ok, will divert for now08:23
pittididrocks: I just finished typing the manpage, and my last image build test is about to finish08:24
pittididrocks: I was going to upload 0.9 after that, but can wait a bit if you want to commit this first08:24
didrockspitti: excellent! I'll need to go to the train station soon, should take an hour, but then, I'll work on that, depends if you want do to an early release08:25
pittididrocks: I guess I'll just upload it then; feel free to do a 0.10 then08:27
pittididrocks: we aren't short on version numbers, after all :)08:27
didrockspitti: heh :-)08:29
dpmpitti, what's the name of the script to do the actual localized image build?08:30
pittidpm: ubuntu-defaults-image08:30
dpmgreat, thanks08:30
pittidpm: in the ubuntu-defaults-builder package (not in oneiric yet, but will be in an hour)08:30
dpmpitti, sounds good, thanks08:31
pittididrocks: FYI, support for a hook/chroot script exists and works now, so you can do the additional mangling ther08:31
didrockspitti: oh, excellent, yeah, I'll certainly use that08:32
pittididrocks: I don't have a hook/image script yet (for mangling the iso parts outside of the squashfs chroot), but adding that should be easy08:32
pittiuploaded 0.908:33
pittiin other news, thanks compiz or unity for finally fixing the "blurry text in panel" bug08:34
pittiRAOF: reading a window title or menu or indicator title now doesn't make my eyes bleed any more08:35
RAOFHm.  Maybe I'm an outlier with my Hinting:none ways.08:35
didrockspitti: what do you think about renaming unity/ directory in the template to defaults/ and have defaults/default-application.txt and defaults/launchers.txt ?08:35
pittiit now has a rather 1980-style black/white "engraved" effect, but this now looks deliberate (and thus fixable)08:35
pittididrocks: I'd use desktop/default-applications.txt08:36
pittididrocks: and keep unity/, as the launchers are really unity specific; they don't apply to shell or gnome-panel08:36
seb128the new switcher looks nice ;-)08:36
didrockspitti: ok, let's do that then. (I was thinking desktop would only be for .desktop files but ok :))08:37
desrtseb128: think i could get a one-time postinst 'killall dconf-service'?08:37
RAOFHow do you switch to a window, rather than an application, with the new switcher, though?08:37
seb128you don't yet08:37
didrocksRAOF: not possible08:37
RAOFWhich is why it's hidden away under ctrl-tab, I take it? ☺08:37
seb128desrt, we could do that in the postinst, the service would respawn and the session keep working right?08:38
didrocksRAOF: that and the fact that you can't easily transitionate people to a new plugin08:38
desrtit's fine as long as there is no write in progress at the time08:38
desrtwhich is likely08:38
seb128desrt, what happens if we don't restart the service?08:38
desrtit's not really critical to be honest -- i'll think about it more08:38
desrtseb128: the dconf you ship now doesn't support storing maybe types in the database08:39
RAOFdidrocks: Boo.  Incidentally, I like “transitionate”.  It's got a nice sound to it ;)08:39
desrtdue to dbus limitations08:39
didrocksRAOF: heh08:39
desrti added a workaround on the client and service side to support this08:39
seb128desrt, what we usually do is teach to the service to do whatever is needed, like reloading, on sighup and send a sighup08:39
desrtbut the updated client library doesn't make any difference unless the service is also restarted08:39
desrtthe upshot is that you will have strange values appear in the dconf database...08:39
seb128desrt, that avoid catching it at the wrong time while it's doing something08:39
desrtnot corrupt -- just strange.  GSettings will correctly ignore them.08:39
RAOFdidrocks: Generally in English we'd use ‘transition’ as a verb, but ‘transitionate’ sounds much cooler!08:39
desrtseb128: ya. was just saying this to didrocks08:39
desrtit's actually an impossible problem with dbus08:40
desrtservices cannot safely exit without the possibility of a race08:40
desrtold old old bug08:40
seb128right, argument for years with debian as well08:40
didrocksRAOF: time to update the english dict :)08:40
seb128restart the dbus service on dbus package update08:40
desrtoh.  that's an even older bug08:40
desrti remember talking about that in the basement of a hotel in montreal :)08:40
desrtthis is a different bug08:41
desrtthere is no way for a dbus service to safely release a name and process any remaining incoming requests for that name without risking a new copy of the service being activated and processing new requests at the same time08:41
seb128well anyway if you do an update where the service should be restarted please state it in the NEWS08:41
desrtso you have a choice: risk the concurrency, or risk lost messages08:42
desrtseb128: sure.08:42
rodrigo_chrisccoulson, you didn't do the evo-couchdb splitting we talked about, right?08:42
seb128rodrigo_, hey08:42
seb128rodrigo_, new gsd today? ;-)08:42
rodrigo_seb128, yes, probably08:43
dpmdidrocks, seb128, if you know anyone who'd like to volunteer for creating and testing the French image, do you think you could ask them to add themselves to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricOcelot/LocalizedImagesRollout ?08:48
seb128desrt, thanks for the glib email08:52
didrocksdpm: I'll do it as I was already in charge of our hackish respin :)08:54
dpmdidrocks, excellent, thanks ;)08:55
didrocksyw ;)08:55
chrisccoulsonrodrigo_, not yet08:57
rodrigo_chrisccoulson, ok, I'll do it then08:57
chrisccoulsonrodrigo_, cool, thanks!08:57
desrtseb128: no prob.09:00
seb128mvo, dunno if that's you or gtk3 which fixed it by now typing names in the update-manager list works just great without having the cursor jumping backward \o/09:00
desrtseb128: nothing you didn't already know.  more for the benefits of the others, i guess09:00
seb128desrt, indeed09:00
seb128desrt, oh, and stop rolling new glib tarballs before I've time to properly test the previous ones :p09:00
desrtseb128: :)09:00
desrtseb128: it was necessary, actually09:01
desrtyou can never upload .1209:01
desrtbecause the gtk that doesn't crash with it already depends on .14 :)09:01
seb128well i did backport the commit to gtk yesterday09:01
desrtokay then :)09:01
dpmwould anyone else be up for creating and testing the localized ISO for their language? Just add yourselves to the table on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricOcelot/LocalizedImagesRollout !09:02
seb128desrt, btw I dropped the eventfd revert and the build failed after 3 hours on amd64 again09:02
desrtand i guess it didn't apply cleanly anymore09:02
seb128desrt, blocked in some of the gdbus tests09:02
seb128desrt, I didn't try, you asked me to drop it09:02
seb128let me check09:02
desrti'm fairly sure it will break against gcancellable09:03
desrtit's probably reasonably easy for you to make it apply again09:03
desrtbut if not i can do it on the train09:03
seb128desrt, indeed, one hunks failing, but should be easy to update09:04
seb128desrt, I will try to upload .14 to the ppa without the revert still to have another build round just to see how often it blocks still09:05
desrtseb128: i'd prefer you didn't do that, in fact09:05
desrtwell, actually, PPA is not so bad09:05
seb128desrt, why?09:06
desrtjust don't release the eventfd stuff into the distro09:06
desrtbecause if it builds, it will only be by chance09:06
desrtand then everything will be fucked up again09:06
desrti'm going to need to get a hardy VM with a pbuilder to trace the problem09:06
desrtdon't expect that to happen before next week09:06
desrtuntil then, just carry the patch09:06
seb128desrt, ok09:07
desrtgonna go catch a train now.  laters.09:08
seb128desrt, see you09:08
didrocksensuring the canadian is not lost to catch his train, bbiab :)09:09
chrisccoulsonmpt - when thunderbird adds folders with the new messages to the message menu, should they appear before or after the shortcut entries (ie, compose/contacts)? or does it not matter?09:25
chrisccoulsoni'm currently fixing a bug where it gets them all mixed up, and wondering where the entries should actually go09:25
mptchrisccoulson, spec suggests application item, then shortcut items, then message sources (e.g. folders)09:27
mptbut I see it's unclear09:27
chrisccoulsonmpt - ok, i can make it do that09:27
chrisccoulsonthey currently end up before and after the shortcut entries09:28
mptthanks chrisccoulson. I tweaked the spec to make it clearer: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MessagingMenu?action=diff&rev2=78&rev1=7709:29
mptThe "Evolution" section in the wireframe also shows that order09:30
chrisccoulsonmpt - thanks09:30
chrisccoulsonmpt - ok, this seems to fix it - https://code.launchpad.net/~chrisccoulson/indicator-messages/fix-menu-ordering/+merge/6881109:34
didrocksrebooting, brb10:27
=== MacSlow is now known as MacSlow|lunch
pittihm, Alt+F10 not working any more, is that a bug or feature?10:52
pittiah, seems it only stopped working for un-maximizing; that works with alt+f5 now10:53
pitti(if only I could tell, the title bar menu is gone)10:53
didrocksnjpatel: not sure about that one, didn't see any commit which was willing doing that AFAIK ^10:54
pittiit could also have been a custom setting of mine, not sure10:55
pitti(which went away with unity --reset)10:55
njpatelF10 isn't working either10:55
pittiit just seems to be in my muscle memory to maximize and unmaximize with Alt-F1010:55
pittinjpatel: that might be the same problem as with the Win+Number shortcut?10:55
njpatelpitti, I think so10:55
pitticuriously Windows alone works to trigger the dash, just not Win+something10:56
didrocksso compiz, not unity if so10:56
njpatelalt+f1 and alt+f2 work fine10:56
pittiyes, it stopped working before yesterday's compiz update10:56
seb128wth, middle click on launcher icons stopped working :-(10:56
seb128can't open a second firefox on another workspace?10:56
njpatelpitti, didrocks if I change "show first menu" to Ctrl+Alt+F, then it works, but none of the F-keys work alone from what I can tell10:57
njpatelseb128, yes, we're going through an event sub-system change at the moment, bear with us, will be fixed for next week's release promise10:57
pittiah, so "known"10:58
pittinjpatel: that's ok, as long as it's (sort of) expected breakage10:58
njpatelpitti, okay, did some tests10:58
njpatelpitti, didrocks Alt+F10 works for me for maximising10:59
njpatelbut F10 alone doens't work to show menu10:59
pittinjpatel: yes, but not for unmaximizing again10:59
pitticonfirming F10 bug10:59
njpatelright, not for unmaximising10:59
njpateloh, and now f10 works :S11:00
pittithat worked until yesterday; it could be that this was a custom setting of mine11:00
njpatelhuh ,that's werid11:00
njpateldidrocks, pitti can you confirm: a window that has global menu support: F10 woks, but a window that doesn't (say CCSM): it doens't work?11:00
didrocksnjpatel: indeed, you seem to be right11:01
pittinjpatel: empathy has global menu support, doesn't it? F10 doesn't work there11:01
pitticonfirm that it doesn't work in ccsm11:02
pittidoesn't work in firefox or empathy either, though11:02
njpatelpitti, works for me in empathy11:04
ronocmvo: ping11:19
ronocmvo: transaction role that corresponds to 'an upgrade/update in progress' == 'role-upgrade-system' ?11:20
mvohello ronoc11:22
ronochey, mvo11:22
mvoronoc: hold on a second, that is the one, there is another one11:23
chrisccoulsonoh, i can't make the dash go fullscreen now11:23
chrisccoulsonis that known?11:23
mvoronoc: role-commit-packages11:23
ronocmvo, perfect thanks, also what software were you referring to you in your email about needed a certain version before ican start querying restart required state11:23
mvoronoc: ups, sorry. the package is ubuntu-system-service11:24
mvoronoc: just add it to the recommends or depends of your package :)11:24
ronocmvo, I will do11:24
mvoronoc: but its uploaded in oneirirc, so it should be fine for most people11:24
ronocmvo, should have a release out today with the beginnings of the apt communication. I use my own transaction with upgradeSystem call at start up and when I see an ActiveTransactionChanged signal to determine the state of the upgrade system11:26
mvoronoc: sounds good, so the python dbus stuff I send you helped with getting that?11:26
seb128ronoc, what are you doing with package management?11:27
ronocmvo, definitely just needed to rewrite the callback in C11:27
ronocseb128, for the new session indicator, needs to be smarter around upgrades/updates11:27
seb128ronoc, oh ok, nice ;-)11:27
ronocmvo, thanks for the help11:27
ronocseb128, hopefully :~|11:28
seb128njpatel, can I add the "you should fix the indicator-session user switching menu" to the next week list? ;-)11:28
ronocseb128, thats fixed11:29
seb128njpatel, I want my guest session back!11:29
seb128ronoc, where?11:29
ronocseb128, i will release it today11:29
seb128ronoc, didn't you say it was an unity bug? I have the new unity11:29
ronoci need to merge in njpatel's branch later before i merge11:29
seb128oh ok11:29
seb128njpatel, ronoc: thanks ;-)11:29
ronoci just want to get more apt progress updates into the menu before releasing11:30
njpatelseb128, see, we do fix bugs!11:30
seb128hum, alt-f2 is broken in some cases as well11:30
seb128like you can't click on icons11:30
njpatelseb128, yep, there is something funky with keybindings right now11:30
seb128ronoc, yeah, no hurry11:30
seb128njpatel, well in this case it's "hit a key and delete the char you typed"11:30
seb128njpatel, it leads to "can't click on any of the history icons"11:30
seb128njpatel, is it worth opening bugs or will the issue just be solved because they are known anyway?11:31
njpatelseb128, known11:32
njpatelevent stuff, if it's not fixed by next week then feel free to open a bug11:33
seb128njpatel, were the count emblem on the launcher supposed to be moved to the top right corner?11:33
njpatelseb128, yep11:33
seb128ok ;-)11:33
seb128UpdateManager.py", line 1157, in initCache11:34
seb128     dialog.vbox.set_spacing(6)11:34
seb128 AttributeError: 'MessageDialog' object has no attribute 'vbox'11:34
seb128mvo, do you know if that's known?11:34
seb128hey miber4511:34
miber45is it the right place to ask a question about screen resolution with ubuntu natty?11:35
mvoseb128: yeah, the incredible mterry fixed it already :)11:36
seb128mvo, ok, seems it's bug #81377811:36
ubot2Launchpad bug 813778 in update-manager "update-manager crashed with AttributeError in initCache(): 'MessageDialog' object has no attribute 'vbox'" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81377811:36
mvoseb128: are you using the lastest version?11:36
seb128mvo, closing the bug11:36
seb128mvo, no, I didn't update for 2 days11:36
seb128mvo, updating now ;-)11:37
chrisccoulsonmiber45, the correct place for support is #ubuntu. this channel is for developers, but feel free to hang around11:38
sivanghi all11:38
seb128bah, I give such dialogs several times a day11:38
miber45ok thanks11:38
seb128"GConf error: Configuration server couldn't be contacted: D-BUS error: Method "Set" with signature "s(ib)" on interface "org.gnome.GConf.Database" doesn't exist"11:38
sivangso, the latest version of Unity as received in 11.04 latest update is in one word: excellent and breath taking.11:39
sivangcan it be that the resolution improves as well? new drivers for intel accl. hw?11:39
sivangand it is better than Mac in several orders of magnitutde11:39
sivangalso quite amazing how it suits at the same time, both mouse interface and touch interface on my ideapad11:40
sivange.g. no change required (since mouse cursor movements are interpreted as gestures anyways)11:40
sivangand firefox became faster than chrome, so since 11.04 last update, I stopped using chrome :)11:41
* sivang notices this is FF511:41
* sivang thanks the desktop team and bows.11:43
chrisccoulsonnjpatel, the window close button in the panel on my secondary monitor doesn't work (it opens the dash on the primary monitor rather than closing the window on the secondary)12:26
chrisccoulsondo you know about that already?12:26
chrisccoulsonor should i report a bug?12:26
njpatelchrisccoulson, yep, we know about it12:28
njpatelchrisccoulson, will fix for next week12:28
chrisccoulsonnjpatel, cool, thanks12:28
* rodrigo_ -> lunch12:28
didrockspitti: when you get a chance: https://code.launchpad.net/~didrocks/ubuntu/oneiric/ubuntu-defaults-builder/add_default_applications/+merge/68829 (please, bear with my perl)12:38
=== MacSlow|lunch is now known as MacSlow
ronocmvo: ping12:57
mvoronoc: pong12:57
ronocmvo, i dont see transaction finished signal  being sent ?12:57
ronocI get the propertyChanged signal but not the transaction finished12:58
mvoronoc: thats ok, its just running in Simulate() mode12:58
mvoronoc: or do you mean that when a real upgrade is running you don't get it?12:59
ronocmvo, well I use simulate mode to determine the state of the system all the time12:59
ronoci suppose i should not do that ?12:59
mvoronoc: no sure, what do you mean with "all the time"?13:00
ronocmvo, when i get the activetransactions changed signal, I kick start an upgradesystem which then gives me my own transaction on which i then call simulate13:01
ronocI suppose I need to use the id given in the activetransactions changed signal to see how that 'real' transaction is doing13:02
mvoronoc: right, just ignore the simluation one13:03
ronocmvo, ok simulation then just for start up to see if we have updates ?13:04
dobeypitti, seb128: is there a list of all the packages covered by upload privs for ~ubuntu-desktop membership?13:04
pittididrocks: looking13:08
pittidobey: yes, there is13:09
pittiedit_acl.py -S oneiric -P ubuntu-desktop query -> http://paste.ubuntu.com/649949/13:09
dobeypitti: i found a components page on the wiki, but it didn't seem to be up to date13:10
pittidobey: edit_acl.py is in lp:ubuntu-archive-tools13:10
dobeyah ok13:10
dobeypitti: hrmm, i don't see some things in that pastebin that should probably be there13:11
seb128dobey, like?13:12
dobeyseb128: ubuntu-sso-client, ubuntuone-storage-protocol, ubuntuone-client13:13
dobeyseb128: and bindwood and configglue13:14
seb128dobey, the list is incomplete indeed, we usually fix it when we hit issues13:15
seb128well when I say "we" it's people who have desktop set only upload rights13:15
seb128but I guess we don't do a lot of u1 uploads so nobody hit those13:15
seb128can easily be fixed though ;-)13:16
seb128somebody needs to drop an email to cjwatson with a list of things that need to be added to the set13:16
dobeyi was looking for a list to see what all u1 stuff was there, for when i apply for ~ubuntu-desktop :)13:16
seb128well it could make sense to do an u1 set13:17
seb128nessita or you would probably easily be accepted for an u1 set13:17
seb128not sure for desktop since you don't do a lot of desktop updates out of u113:17
dobeyi guess. i was going to apply for motu too, but that doesn't help with our stuff that is in main, really13:18
seb128you already have ppu for ubuntuone-client right?13:19
seb128you could request some extra source to be added but I think in practice it would make sense to have an u1 set13:19
dobeyi don't disagree with that13:20
dobeywhat's the bset way to get a new set created?13:20
seb128pitti, ^ is that a tb thing?13:21
=== m_conley_away is now known as m_conley
seb128chrisccoulson, why did you add an about:blank line to the "new window" firefox,unity command?13:23
seb128it does "firefox -new-window about:blank"13:23
seb128the about:blank part is annoying :p13:24
davmor2seb128: I see liferea on that list but it doesn't seem to be installed, although I'm just running updates to double check13:24
seb128what list?13:24
chrisccoulsonseb128, i'm not sure if there's a reason for that13:25
seb128kenvandine, hey, still no gwibber love with the new version :-(13:25
pittididrocks: MP updated, there's some small things to fix, but looks good otherwise!13:25
kenvandineseb128, still acting weird?13:25
davmor2seb128: ignore me mis-read the purpose of the list it's the acl not what the desktop meta pulls in my bag13:26
kenvandineseb128, can you describe the behavior more?13:26
pittidobey, seb128: yes, creation of a new package set starts with mailing TB13:26
seb128kenvandine, yeah, for one thing the indicator-message count is to 79 and if I open gwibber I will get like 3 new entries in the list13:26
dobeydavmor2: right, it's a list of privs, not a list of stuff on the CD :)13:26
dobeypitti: ok. did you see my question re: apport yesterday?13:26
seb128wrong focus13:26
kenvandineseb128, i13:27
seb128kenvandine, so count is wrong, then I still get the flicker behaviour13:27
kenvandineseb128, i'll look into the message count thing13:27
seb128kenvandine, I will make you a screencast13:27
pittidobey: I don't think I did13:27
chrisccoulsonseb128, http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mozillateam/firefox/firefox-trunk.head/revision/932 ;)13:27
seb128kenvandine, how does it get the count? is there any way I can query that count manually for debug purpose?13:27
davmor2dobey: yeah I just saw the ubuntu-desktop query bit not the acl bit at the beginning :)13:27
pittidobey: I got several X crashes yesterday, probably it was caught by that then13:27
seb128chrisccoulson, thanks!13:27
dobeypitti: was wondering if there's a way to do apport magic for plug-ins. like if nautilus crashes, will it go through all the installed plug-ins and run their apport collection script as well?13:27
kenvandineseb128, not really... it determines the number of new rows inserted in the db13:27
didrockspitti: looking :)13:27
seb128chrisccoulson, I never noticed because usually I middle click but the unity guys broke that13:27
kenvandinefor specific streams13:27
kenvandinethen adds them to the previous count13:28
pittidobey: yes, that's a matter of writing a nautilus package hook13:28
kenvandineand focusing the stream in the client should 0 that count13:28
seb128kenvandine, well is that number a "items since you opened the ui" then or, or a "history count"?13:28
seb128ok, so that's wrong13:29
kenvandinesince you last focused the stream13:29
seb128or does it count all the "love that" and replies as items?13:29
dobeypitti: hrmm, so i have to add special stuff to my apport script?13:29
kenvandineseb128, the "love that" would be included13:29
dobeypitti: is there a good example somewhere? :)13:30
kenvandineand actually for facebook, replies would too13:30
kenvandinesince those aren't separate13:30
seb128kenvandine, that could explain part of the count but that still seems high13:30
kenvandineand i could probably make that smarter13:30
kenvandinefacebook kind of skews the logic13:30
kenvandinesince they update the original post and set a new timestamp13:31
pittidobey: you need to figure out which other package you want to collect data for, and call apport.hookutils.attach_related_packages(report, [pkg1, pkg2, ...])13:31
pittidobey: /usr/share/apport/package-hooks/ has some examples for this function13:31
seifdidrocks, around13:36
seifsince today i cant log into oneirick anymore13:36
seifi had to install kubuntu13:36
seb128kenvandine, http://ubuntuone.com/p/15p4/13:37
kenvandineseb128, interesting... it's like it can't decide if it should show or hide the last tile13:38
kenvandinejasoncwarner_ has the opposite problem, it never quites fills up the view13:39
davmor2kenvandine: that is the issue I see too there are normally a couple of tiles missing to fill up the whole page until you scroll13:40
seifdidrocks, how do i enable the unity-greeter per default13:40
didrockspitti: new proposal pushed and tests still run, thanks for the hint on next <tag>. I was looking for a "next 2" (like continue 2 in python), but didn't find anything :)13:40
didrocksseif: hey13:40
kenvandineseb128, so the flicker starts when you begin to scroll right?13:40
seb128kenvandine, ok, so do you want bug report about any of the issues (count, flicker, empty bottom)?13:40
didrocksseif: ok, first not logging, is there the greeter not showing?13:40
didrocksor you end on a blank session?13:40
seb128kenvandine, it does flicker when I click on the page down thumb13:40
seifthe greeter shows13:40
kenvandineseb128, let me try scrolling that way...13:41
seifbut as soon as i click a user it goes away and comes back and asks me to pick a user13:41
seb128kenvandine, it does flicker a few times and then scroll and stop flickering13:41
kenvandinei reproduced13:42
kenvandinedavmor2, is that one of the bugs you filed?13:42
didrocksseif: the crasher is known13:42
davmor2kenvandine: indeed13:42
seb128kenvandine, ;-)13:42
didrocksseif: /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf for choosing the greeter13:42
kenvandineseb128, i always scroll with my wheel... it looks like moving one tile at a time goes a little nuts13:42
kenvandineseb128, file the other 2 bugs please13:43
seifdidrocks, so i should stay with kdm13:43
seb128kenvandine, ok13:43
seb128seif, didrocks: what is not working on the login?13:43
kenvandineseb128, what's weird is keyboard nav doesn't do it13:43
seifinsertin gpassword13:43
seifas soon as i choose a user13:43
seifit restarts13:44
seifin that case the gdm13:44
seb128kenvandine, well I usually scroll with the wheel as well, I just tried the scrollbar thing because I had issues with the wheel at first when the list was almost empty13:44
seb128seif, do you use a protected user directory?13:44
seifseb128, yes sir13:44
seifbut it work with kdm13:44
seb128seif, ok, known bug, you can click on "other" and type your username and then password13:45
seifseb128, ok will try13:45
seb128seif, it has an issue with protected user dirs, it tries to read the .dmrc for the user you select and hit a bug13:45
seb128seif, others should workaround it13:45
seb128it's easier than changing the greeter13:45
seifseb128, ok cool13:45
dobeypitti: hrmm, so the source_nautilus.py there would need to do the add_related_packages() thing, and that call would result in the source_$package.py being run for each package, right?13:46
seifseb128, what is the path to the unity-greeter13:46
pittidobey: that's the idea, yes13:46
seb128seif, dpkg -L unity-greeter13:46
seb128if you have it installed13:46
seifi do13:46
dobeypitti: ok, it doesn't look like nautilus is doing that in natty at least. was that added in oneiric?13:47
seb128dobey, doing what?13:47
seb128desrt, wb13:48
dobeyseb128: attach_related_packages() for all the installed extensions13:48
seifseb128, and how do i set unity-greeter for lightdm13:48
dobeyalthough the pydoc suggests it doesn't run the hooks13:48
dobey"In the future, this might also run their hooks."13:49
seb128dobey, it never did, we just reassign using report.add_package_info13:49
desrtseb128: thanks :)13:49
seb128desrt, question for you13:49
desrtseb128: very long lunch break13:49
seb128desrt, rather than reverting the eventfb patches, would force the eventfd to 0 in the configure.ac work?13:49
desrtseb128: it's possible.13:49
desrtseb128: but i think the problem actually lies with the fallback case13:50
seb128desrt, looking at the ifdef in the code it seems it would to me13:50
desrtsince we can't get an eventfd on the builders, the fallback code runs13:50
desrtseb128: it's quite possible.  give it a shot.13:50
seb128desrt, well I did upload with it force to off and it built, but that's one build on one arch so it might just be luck13:50
seb128I'm waiting for i386 to build13:50
seb128the ppa builders are a bit busy today13:50
desrtshould have had pitti do the upload :)13:51
desrtseb128: if it works, it's another helpful hint13:51
seb128well he can bump the score of other people upload if asked ;-)13:51
seb128desrt, it seems to work13:51
dobeyseb128: pitti was just suggesting it did13:51
seb128desrt, I will keep you updated13:51
seb128dobey, well I'm telling you it didn't, I wrote that hook, it just use report.add_package_info() to reassign13:51
seb128well not sure if report.add_package_info() is supposed to get you the infos for the package you reassign to13:52
seb128but that's the call we use13:52
dobeyseb128: it doesn't even do that13:52
dobey    report['RelatedPackageVersions'] = package_versions(*packages)13:52
dobeyno, attach_related_packages()13:53
seb128oh ok13:53
dobeyi know what nautilus does13:53
dobeyit just does the same thing, by looping over the .so files in the libdir and getting what packages own those files, and their versions, and attaching them in an attachment :)13:54
dobeyit doesn't reassign anything13:54
pittididrocks: thanks! three more small fixes, then this is gold13:54
didrockspitti: looking :)13:55
pittimeh, v4l-utils FTBFSed again, can't just drop the build dep13:56
seb128dobey, that's not true, calling report.add_package_info() leads to the bug to be filed against the package specified in that call13:56
pittiworked locally because I have ia32-libs installed13:56
pittiwe need to actually drop lib32v4l* stuff, drop the dependency from ia32-libs, and add the i386 deb there13:56
seb128dobey, that's why we did it, to stop receiving nautilus bug when it was segfaulting in the u1 code :p13:56
* pitti leaves that for someone else to worry about, though; out of time13:56
dobeyseb128: well, that only happens if there is a stack trace, and it has that info, it seems. :)13:58
seb128dobey, right, which in practice work most of the time13:58
seb128dobey, it just need to have the filename, not the symbols13:58
seb128which in practice is always right if you dump is valid13:58
seb128it doesn't even rely on the retracer13:59
seifseb128, did not work13:59
seifwhen i choose others it also restart13:59
dobeywell, it could still be wrong, since it stops at the first occurance. but ok14:00
seiflightdm does not even start14:00
seb128seif, ol, weird14:00
seb128dobey, well in practice I've not seen cases where it was wrong14:00
seb128dobey, which is "good enough" for me over several cycles we had the hack14:00
dobeywell, we don't crash it any more, so it's all good :)14:01
dobeymy brain is lost now in the apport code though. i can't tell if that is running the report for the package passed in add_package_info()14:03
pittiargh, no rodrigo any more14:07
Kaleodesrt: I am testing the list support in dconf-qt14:07
pittiseb128: do you happen to know what's left for bug 787694? the control-center task is still open14:07
ubot2Launchpad bug 787694 in ubuntuone-control-panel/trunk "GNOME 3 System Settings: Provide stub icons for launching Ubuntu specific capplets" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/78769414:07
Kaleodesrt: I just tried and got a crash, I am now doing a quick debug14:08
pittiseb128: argh, ignore me14:08
seb128pitti, ok ;-)14:08
pittiseb128: u1-control-panel != g-control-center14:08
pittiTGIF/holiday etc.14:08
dobeypitti: hrmm, we might just need to make a release of u1-control-panel for that14:09
pittidobey: yes, that's fine; I wrote that into my status now14:10
didrockspitti: oh interesting, it seems that lintian is looking at debian/copyright Maintainer field to tell that I'm trying to do an NMU :)14:10
pittiso that's by and large "done"14:10
pittididrocks: yeah, it always complains about that one; just ignore it14:10
dobeypitti: yeah, rodrigo's fix for it is in our trunk already, i remember reviewing it :)(14:10
desrtKaleo: cheers.14:10
desrtKaleo: i never tested it :)14:10
dobeyerr just the ) there14:10
Kaleodesrt: darn14:11
didrockspitti: ok, then fixed (enhanced as well some description) and uploaded! Thanks for the review and for exercising my rusty perl :)14:11
pittiheh, ain't it fun14:12
didrocksyeah, I always enjoy it, I was trying to convince desrt as well :-)14:14
kenvandinemvo, shouldn't update-manager handle removing something when needed?14:16
cjohnstonkenvandine: http://paste.ubuntu.com/649995/14:16
kenvandinedist-upgrade is holding back updates for cjohnston because indicator-me needs to be removed14:16
kenvandinedist-upgrade wants to do the right thing14:16
seb128kenvandine, you probably indicator-session to conflicts,replaces,provides it for easier update14:17
seb128upgrades rather14:17
seb128kenvandine, that would tell the resolver that indicator-session is providing the feature rather than breaking it14:18
kenvandineah... so add a provides14:18
seb128kenvandine, c,r,p is a special combo in some way, I though you should use them together14:19
seb128but get mvo to confirm to be sure14:19
kenvandinei added a replaces and breaks14:19
Kaleodesrt: ok, I fixed it14:19
desrtKaleo: great :)14:20
desrtKaleo: i knew you'd be able to do it faster :)14:20
Kaleodesrt: tssss14:20
kenvandinemvo, ^^ ping me when you can14:20
Kaleodesrt: lazy!14:20
desrtKaleo: i hate c++ :)14:20
desrtand i had no way to test the patch14:20
desrti tried to make didrocks do it, but he was lazy too :)14:20
Kaleodesrt: lacking computers :)14:20
Kaleodesrt: so I am not so strong in GLib things14:20
Kaleodesrt: I think I spotted a leak but not sure14:21
desrtKaleo: i'm sure the GLib part of the patch is right.  now you fix the Qt part :)14:21
Kaleodesrt: I add the fix for that to my patch14:21
Kaleodesrt: you used a g_variant_iter_next without freeing the variable14:21
desrtKaleo: do you see "&s"?14:22
Kaleodesrt: yeah, what does it mean?14:22
desrtit means that you don't have to free it :)14:23
desrtyou get a pointer directly to the serialised data14:23
desrtso there's no copy, and no free14:23
dobeykenvandine: i think you need the Conflicts/Replaces to have update-manager remove it14:23
Kaleodesrt: so the bug I think is that it's lacking the & before the str14:23
Kaleodesrt: with the & it does not crash anymore :)14:23
Kaleodesrt: that makes sense?14:24
desrtit's quite possible.14:24
desrtlet me look14:24
desrtoh yes.  indeed.14:24
desrthow embarassing14:24
desrtthat mistake was copy/pasted14:25
desrtso you have to fix it in both spots14:25
Kaleodesrt: I suppose it's the same issue in both places14:25
Kaleodesrt: don't you want to just do that upstream?14:25
desrtKaleo: oh.  indeed.14:25
desrtif the patch is fine after the & then i'll modify and push14:25
Kaleodesrt: the patch is fine for reading lists14:25
Kaleodesrt: let me try writing14:25
desrtgood.  that will test change notification as a side effect, as well14:26
desrtsince that's a different code path14:26
desrtneed to make a QVariant for that case14:26
Kaleodesrt: change notification for list is supported?14:27
Kaleodesrt: (I don't need it but it's a great to have)14:27
desrtKaleo: yes.  it's just the same as for any other value14:28
Kaleodesrt: yeah, but I mean, if the content of the list changes, that is for example if an item is removed14:28
desrtKaleo: you just get told "the key has a new value"14:29
desrtnot that an item was removed or added14:29
Kaleodesrt: right14:31
Kaleodesrt: I have some errors when writing:14:32
Kaleounity-2d-launcher: [CRITICAL] GLib: g_variant_builder_add_value: assertion `is_valid_builder (builder)' failed14:32
Kaleounity-2d-launcher: [CRITICAL] GLib: g_variant_builder_end: assertion `is_valid_builder (builder)' failed14:32
desrtlooks like i missed part of the patch14:34
m4n1shdidrocks: ping14:36
kenvandineseb128, i fixed that segfault when accounts are added in the new gwibber14:36
didrocksm4n1sh: hey14:36
m4n1shdidrocks: since RainCT is now available14:37
desrtKaleo: i see the problem.  missing line.14:37
m4n1shdidrocks: just wanted to know is there any chance of fixing that raptor issue before feature freeze14:37
Kaleodesrt:             g_variant_builder_init(&builder, G_VARIANT_TYPE_ARRAY);14:37
desrtKaleo: ya.  exactly.14:37
Kaleodesrt: and then it works :)14:37
desrtthat will fix it14:37
seb128kenvandine, the one when picking a color for which I got you debug infos yesterday?14:37
desrtKaleo: cool.  pushing upstream.14:37
Kaleodesrt: ok then, patch is good to go!14:37
desrtthanks for doing my dirty work :)14:38
Kaleodidrocks: you can do your magic! :)14:38
Kaleodesrt: you owe me a (belgian) beer14:38
didrocksm4n1sh: would be nice to really fix it, I saw RainCT commented on it, if you fix it now, there is enough time for the next zg release to go in of course :)14:38
kenvandineseb128, no... the one you hadn't reproduced :)14:38
didrocksdesrt: pushing everything to trunk?14:38
desrtdidrocks: already done14:38
kenvandineor maybe you had... segfault one though14:38
seb128kenvandine, oh, I somewhat though it was the same bug :p14:38
didrocksKaleo: excellent, will make a release as soon as desrt…14:38
m4n1shdidrocks: afaik there is an upstream release to raptor, the changes can be backported14:39
didrocksKaleo: ok, doing now then :)14:39
kenvandinemildly related14:39
seb128kenvandine, that the one you fixed yesterday, since I didn't get the segfault since you fixed the account adding14:39
Kaleodidrocks: fantastic, I will push that into u2d's ppa right after you14:39
kenvandineit got the updated signal for an account that didn't exist which triggered the crash14:39
seb128kenvandine, but great! ;-)14:39
Kaleodidrocks: and then we can start merging u2d migration branches14:39
m4n1shdidrocks: I am interested in this because I want zeitgeist-datasources in oneiric archive. only after zeitgeist fixes, then datasources can work properly14:39
didrocksm4n1sh: if RainCT is pushing it on Debian, it will be even easier :)14:39
m4n1shdidrocks: datasources need to brought in oneiric via Ubuntu NEW, getting is via Debian is a pain14:39
didrocksKaleo: indeed14:39
didrocksKaleo: dconf-qt needs to go in main first14:40
didrocksm4n1sh: I meant, for zg14:40
m4n1sh(1) less time left (2) debian unstable moves too fast14:40
seb128didrocks, m4n1sh: the raptor bug got fixed upstream I think, somebody needs to backport their fix I guess14:40
Kaleodidrocks: well, merging the branches does not depend on that; pushing the new release of u2d into Ubuntu does14:40
m4n1shseb128: yes, I was hoping RainCT would fix it as he knows the internals14:40
didrocksseb128: they did a release apparently from what m4n1sh said, so better to keep in sync14:40
Kaleodidrocks: (which we will do on Monday?)14:40
didrocksKaleo: indeed14:41
m4n1shdidrocks: seb128 : Does it make sense to include the new released raptor version in archives?14:42
m4n1shinstead of backporting?14:42
seb128m4n1sh, I don't know enough about raptor to say14:42
didrocksm4n1sh: ? I was thinking the fix was in zg rather?14:42
seb128dunno what is in the new version14:42
m4n1shdidrocks: no, if raptor gets fixed, zeitgeist would build fine14:43
m4n1shand work fine14:43
m4n1shthat is what RainCT said14:43
seb128we either need somebody who knows raptor to do the update14:43
m4n1shI only saw comments from RainCT and kamstrup14:43
didrocksm4n1sh: so, maybe better to let him checking that?14:43
m4n1shseb128: doko14:43
seb128or to backport the fix (easier for somebody who doesn't want to break raptor or deciding on updating it)14:43
m4n1shdoko handles raptor AFAIK14:43
seb128m4n1sh, ok, ping doko I guess then ;-)14:43
m4n1shi cant find him too14:44
seb128he might be away to debconf14:44
seb128m4n1sh, try writing him an email?14:44
didrocksas he's the one pushing for raptor2 and who made the change in zg build-dep, waiting on him makes more sense14:44
m4n1shas we all know didrocks is the man for anything related to zeitgeist14:44
m4n1shso I pinged him14:44
didrocksm4n1sh: zg yeah, not raptor, I just merged the change which was already done :)14:44
seb128well I would backport the upstream fix and let doko decide on a new version14:44
didrocksand fix the components which were crashing because of zg14:44
didrocksbut doko decided to take the new version for a build-dep14:45
didrocksbetter him to check that14:45
m4n1shI wanted to get datasources included in archives14:45
Kaleodidrocks: did you have time to look at https://code.launchpad.net/~fboucault/unity-2d/dconf_migration_super_key/+merge/67971 ?14:45
m4n1shbut without a working zeitgeist it is tough to know if the datasources packages is working fine14:45
didrocksKaleo: the tab is already opened14:46
seb128m4n1sh, can't you backport the raptor fix and test if it works?14:46
seb128m4n1sh, didrocks or I can sponsor a fix backport if it works14:46
m4n1shseb128: I need to try. Never done anything like that14:46
seb128m4n1sh, do you have a vcs url or something to the upstream fix?14:46
seifthe crash in zeitgeist that was being reported is not a zeitgeist problem14:47
seifbut rather a rdflib problem14:47
seifthat got fixed upstream14:47
seifif this is rolled out then we have no real issues14:48
m4n1shseif: well all I know about this is what I saw RainCT doing14:48
m4n1shseb128: didrocks this is the bug report14:48
seb128seif, right, we are discussing how that will be rolled out, backport of the fix or update14:48
ubot2Ubuntu bug 807076 in zeitgeist "raptor2 not supported" [High,In progress]14:48
seb128seif, is that the fix? https://github.com/dajobe/raptor/commit/37c5abe588d1ad63dc600cd9b9fd4d362f973a2314:49
m4n1shthis is the upstream bug14:50
didrocksseb128: seems there is 3 commits14:51
seb128didrocks, the other ones seems tests though?14:51
didrocksseb128: indeed, but the testsuite is runned at build-time IIRC (long time I didn't touch it)14:52
mvo*grumpf* compiz freezing *grumpf*14:53
seb128didrocks, I would recommend assigning that bug to doko and rolling back zg to raptor instead of raptor2 until raptor2 is fixed14:53
seb128didrocks, he clearly didn't test is change14:53
seb128didrocks, the comments on the bug suggest backporting the fix will be annoying since it requires running autogen and some files needed are not in the tarball14:54
didrocksKaleo: the debian/control relaxed build-dep you did is wrong, but not very important right now14:55
mvokenvandine: sorry, I got a hard freeze, what did you ask earlier?14:55
didrocksKaleo: I guess you did it because the natty version was earlier? (that's why I added a ~ at the end, so that you can take it in your ppa and append ~natty1 to the oneiric version)14:55
kenvandinemvo, to get update-manager to remove something on update, does it need a conflicts, replaces and provides?14:56
kenvandinemvo, dist-upgrade is wanting to do the right thing for removing indicator-me, but update-manager is holding it back14:56
kenvandinei used a breaks and replaces14:56
mvokenvandine: update-manager will never remove, it will only ask about partial upgrades when it needs to remove something. so if apt-get is doing the right thing, then u-m should as well :) i.e. it should ask about a partial upgrade and then remove14:58
kenvandineah.. so the user should do the partial upgrade14:58
kenvandinemvo, good enough for me :)14:58
mvowell, u-m is really designed for the stable distro where you never need to remove on a regular update14:59
didrocksdesrt: can you look/take as well those patches, please: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~fboucault/+junk/dconf-qt/view/8/debian/patches/01_qmldir_so_name.patch and http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~fboucault/+junk/dconf-qt/view/8/debian/patches/02_install_headers.patch ?14:59
kenvandinemakes sense14:59
kenvandinecjohnston, ^^14:59
desrtdidrocks: are they tested?14:59
didrocksdesrt: I think Kaleo are using them :)14:59
desrti trust you :)14:59
didrocksdesrt: we have a .pc file as well, do you want it upstream?15:00
didrocks(I think it needs to be dep on qt though)15:00
didrockshum no, the QtDbus transition dep should do it15:01
didrocksdesrt: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~fboucault/+junk/dconf-qt/view/head:/debian/dconf-qt.pc, and I can cook a git format patch to install it :)15:01
desrtdidrocks: patches welcome :)15:02
desrtdidrocks: i just pushed the first two15:02
didrocksdesrt: awesome, one sec, doing the pc file15:02
pittiseb128: can you check with Robert about getting unity-greeter into main and on the CDs next wek?15:03
seb128pitti, sure15:03
pittiwould be nice to get that into a315:03
seb128pitti, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/+bug/80971015:03
ubot2Ubuntu bug 809710 in lightdm "[MIR] unity-greeter" [Wishlist,New]15:04
seb128pitti, it's blocked on MIR for now though15:04
pittithat should be an easy MIR15:04
seb128mterry, ^15:04
seb128could you help there?15:04
seifseb128, can you comment that on our bug15:06
seifthe only reason we went with raptor 2 is because you guys went with it15:06
mterryseb128, pitti, on it15:06
mterryActually, kees better do that one for a security perspective15:07
seb128mterry, thanks15:07
seb128mterry, kees has mirs assigned to him for over a month sitting there though15:08
seb128mterry, well I'm not sure the greeter is a security issue, it's running with standard user rights15:08
mvoI whish glade would not reindent the entire file when it encounters a old file15:09
seb128though the current version load indicators without restricting what they can do, which is probably not something you want on your greeter15:09
mterryseb128, I'll review from a MIR perspective and open a bug assigned to the security team for a pass there15:10
seb128mterry, ok, thanks15:11
seb128pitti, mterry: I will need to check with robert_ancell anyway, I guess he doesn't want the current version to be default15:11
seb128he's trying to get a new lightdm version out for a few days15:11
mterryseb128, yeah, even if unity-greeter is installed, I don't think it's automatically enabled, so he can toss that switch when he's ready15:12
seb128so I think he will switch back to the greeter and get it in shape next once he manages to get the new version done15:12
pittiah, so if the greeter is not ready yet, then let's stay with the buggy example one for now15:12
pittithe indicators in the unity one are certainly an issue15:12
pittithe [Broken UTF-8] one is weird for sure15:12
seb128well that's just cosmetic15:12
egonseb128 is the the lightdm gtk greeter fuba currently?15:12
seb128what is an issue is that you can run capplets or softwares from the indicator menus15:12
seb128egon, mvo?15:13
seb128egon, "fuba" in which sense?15:13
egonseb128, ups, sorry15:13
=== egon is now known as mvo
seb128egon, the trunk version has been ported to gtk315:13
mvowrong machine15:13
seb128not sure how much work has been done as well on it15:13
mvowell, the oneiric version, segfaults for me when I click on any user15:13
seb128mvo, that's because you use ecryptfs15:13
seb128it has a known bug with it15:13
seb128you should be able to use "other" as a workaround15:14
seb128I will make sure robert_ancell get that fixed in the update if it's not fixed yet15:14
mvodo you happen to have the bugnumber?15:15
mdeslaurseb128: I'm getting the lighdm segfault, and I'm not using ecryptfs15:15
mdeslaurbug 81190915:15
ubot2Launchpad bug 811909 in lightdm "lightdm-example-gtk-greeter crashed with SIGSEGV in _start()" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81190915:16
mdeslauror bug 81152415:16
ubot2Launchpad bug 811524 in lightdm "Lightdm don't ask password if select user by mouse click or pressing Enter key." [Critical,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81152415:16
seb128mdeslaur, I don't know about this one, the one I know about is "breaks when selecting an user which has an ecryptfs dir"15:16
mdeslaurseb128: it's pretty much broken for everyone right now I think15:17
didrocksdesrt: here is for adding the pc file and adding it to cmake install files http://paste.ubuntu.com/650039/15:17
seb128mdeslaur, works for me for my non ecryptfs users15:18
seb128mdeslaur, and it works on my netbook which is a stock a2 install upgraded15:18
mdeslaurseb128: did you change the default greeter theme?15:18
seb128I did because I use ecryptfs on my laptop15:18
mdeslaurseb128: I just updated my vms, they all are now broken, and I've installed a new one with yesterday's live iso and it's broken15:19
jibelmdeslaur, I confirm this one, .dmrc is broken in some way that makes lightdm crash.15:19
seb128but the default greeter was working for my non ecryptfs users as is the netbook15:19
jibelmdeslaur, I replaced it with a very basic .dmrc and that /fixes/ it15:19
seb128mdeslaur, when did that start?15:19
mvodmrc does not make a difference for me15:19
seb128jibel, mdeslaur: .dmrc is user config15:19
mdeslaurseb128: I did not update my oneiric vms in a while, so I had not noticed...it started today when I did a dist-upgrade15:20
seb128mvo, you use ecryptfsthough?15:20
seb128mdeslaur, jibel: could you try with a trunk lightdm build?15:20
mvoseb128, yeah15:20
seb128mvo, right, that's known broken15:20
mvoseb128, ok, do you have any more details?15:21
jibelseb128, I never created one. I think that's something from gdm15:21
seb128jibel: gdm or language-selector15:21
mdeslaurseb128: are there daily packages being built somewhere I can try?15:21
seb128mdeslaur, no15:22
seb128well, wait for the next update maybe15:22
seb128as I said robert_ancell is trying to get a new version out for a few days, he ran into a few issues15:22
jibelseb128, this is what my .dmrc was http://paste.ubuntu.com/650044/15:22
mdeslaurok, I'll wait a day to two15:22
seb128I will email him now and keep you updated mon monday15:22
mdeslaurthe workaround is to click on "Other" and type a username...that works for me15:23
mvoI guess it should at least auto-respawn segfaulting greeters15:27
chrisccoulsonb'ah, i've got an invisible window on my screen15:29
chrisccoulsoni thought i was going crazy!15:29
pittithe emperor's new windows!15:29
seb128pitti, hum15:33
seb128pitti, the amd64 is having an issue15:33
seb128chroot.py", line 27, in setup_fakeroot_env15:33
seb128    '%s not found; please set APPORT_LIBFAKEROOT correctly' % libfakeroot15:33
seb128AssertionError: /usr/lib/libfakeroot/libfakeroot-sysv.so not found; please set APPORT_LIBFAKEROOT correctly15:33
seb128pitti, yes, sorry15:34
seb128pitti, have you seen that before?15:34
pittino, I didn't15:34
pittiI recently changed that part of the code to fix the multiarch breakage15:34
seb128pitti, hum, sorry, was an error on how I ran it it seems15:34
pittibut anyway, this is just applied locally; I think that stuff is released now15:35
seb128the chroot update is failing on that in fact15:35
seb128The following packages have unmet dependencies:15:35
seb128 libc6 : Depends: libc-bin (= 2.13-9ubuntu2) but 2.13-9ubuntu3 is installed15:35
pittiah, no, I failed to merge trunk from the last upload15:35
pittiseb128: ah, ok, *phew*15:35
seb128pitti, sorry ;-)15:35
pittino problem at all15:36
pittithe upgrade failure is still weird15:36
seb128pitti, yeah, I'm logging in to see15:36
seb128dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6_2.13-9ubuntu3_amd64.deb (--unpack):15:37
seb128 subprocess new pre-installation script returned error exit status 115:37
seb128"Can't exec "/tmp/libc6.config.116121": Exec format error at /usr/share/perl/5.12/IPC/Open3.pm line 168.15:37
seb128open2: exec of /tmp/libc6.config.116121 configure 2.13-9ubuntu2 failed at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/ConfModule.pm line 5915:37
pittioh, that again15:38
seb128what is it?15:38
pittiseb128: I got around that by temporarily replacing /usr/bin/perl with a symlink to /bin/true, IIRC15:38
pittiI have no idea15:38
pittifakechroot FTL15:38
pitti.config files are ridiculously hard to evade15:38
seb128pitti, thanks15:39
seb128that worked ;-)15:39
didrockspitti: on what package did you apply the magic to replace the horrible C++ symbol name extraction with nice and enjoyable symbol names to read?15:44
pittididrocks: sunpinyin, but I dropped the patch again as even with that it still didn't work15:44
didrockspitti: oh :( so you are still generating symbols or just back to a shlibs?15:45
pittijust shlibs15:45
didrockshum, I think I'll do the same then15:45
didrockspitti: thanks for the info :)15:45
pittide rien15:45
mterrytremolux, with latest software-center, ratings don't show in carousels or lists, only when i click into an item15:47
mterrytremolux, is that known or should I file?15:47
tremoluxmterry: we added new functionality to show top-rated, and it uses data from the server that we didn't have before. so, we clear the cache and redownload, I expect that's what you are seeing15:49
Kaleodidrocks: sorry about the mistake15:49
mterrytremolux, ok, so I just wait and maybe next run it will be awesome15:49
tremoluxmterry: in other words, it would be just for this one upgrade15:49
didrocksKaleo: no worry, I just want to know if relaxing the dep is needed for your ppa or you have a high qt version enough? (~ at the end should enable you for natty backporting)15:50
mterrytremolux, yup, rerunning fixed it, cool  :)15:50
tremoluxmterry: yes, it should be good after this, so if it's not, please do file  :)15:50
seb128kenvandine, gwibber thinks I've 177 messages pending now15:50
tremoluxmterry: ok cool, thanks MT!15:50
seb128kenvandine, I feel like I've lot of friends, I don't want to open the ui I will be disappointed :p15:50
mterrytremolux, now I'm seeing different items in top rated carousel vs top rated list15:51
kenvandineseb128, i'll review how that number is getting calculated15:51
kenvandinebut not right now :)15:51
tremoluxmterry: haha, variety is the spice of life, no?15:51
seb128kenvandine, yeah no hurry ;-)15:51
tremoluxmterry: that sounds like a bug15:51
tremoluxmterry: I'll check it, you feel free to file if you like15:52
mterrytremolux, sure15:52
tremoluxmterry: it's brand new stuff, got some kinks it seems, thanks for helping!15:52
Kaleodidrocks: sorry, let me have a look at what I did15:54
Kaleodidrocks: ah, I remember15:54
Kaleodidrocks: I don't have a qt in my ppa15:55
Kaleodidrocks: I use the one from Natty15:55
Kaleodidrocks: which contains the needed patch :)15:55
Kaleodidrocks: hence the relaxing15:55
didrocksKaleo: ok, it's not totally correct then, but fair enough, let's keep it that way. Cleaning done, will push as soon as my pbuilder is happy :)15:56
desrtdidrocks: i think paste.ubuntu.com might be the worst paste site on earth15:56
didrocksdesrt: sorry, do you want me to copy it somwhere else?15:56
desrti curl on the 'plain text' version and i get a html page that says "openid transaction in progress"?15:56
desrtdidrocks: nah.  i can copy paste fine :)15:56
Kaleodidrocks: fantastic15:56
didrocksdesrt: yeah, we discussed that yesterday and you answered "wget can do it"15:57
didrocksdesrt: i wanted you to exercice this answer :-)15:57
didrocksbut seems you took the easy way, what a disappointment! :-)15:57
desrtwget fails :/15:57
pittiyeah, that part of paste.u.c. is ridiculous15:58
didrocksdesrt: really, if you don't want to copy and paste, I can scp it somewhere else15:58
desrtanyway.  it's pushed.15:58
didrocksdesrt: thanks!15:58
didrocksand dconf-qt uploaded, it will need some binNEW for the -dev package16:00
tremoluxmterry: hmm, yes, so on my machine I'm seeing gparted as top rated in the carousel, but that's missing in the list.  after that it seems to match. is that what you are seeing?16:00
didrocksKaleo: pushed to the vcs as well in case you want to backport to your ppa16:00
mterrytremolux, i'm seeing different apps, but same idea.  only a few are different16:01
Kaleodidrocks: yep, I do16:02
Kaleodidrocks: doing it now16:02
tremoluxmterry: interesting16:02
Kaleodidrocks: silly question: where do I get the tarball from?16:03
didrocksKaleo: it's not that silly :)16:03
didrocksKaleo: http://people.canonical.com/~didrocks/dconf-qt_0.0.0.110722.orig.tar.bz216:04
didrocksKaleo: your merge proposal is for the natty though16:04
didrocksKaleo: I already have some comments, so let's put some there16:05
didrocks(indicator version not being the right one)16:05
desrtdidrocks: we have trouble attempting to read what is written in the book :)16:05
didrocksdesrt: you mean, the french or my handwriting? :)16:05
Kaleodidrocks: yeah it's for natty branch but it should work on both16:06
desrtthe handwriting :)16:06
didrocksKaleo: no, because it checks for indicator.pc16:06
Kaleodidrocks: I mean16:06
desrteven french speakers have difficulties16:06
Kaleodidrocks: merge the branch into lp:unity-2d/4.016:06
didrocksdesrt: oh, that's normal, how do you think I majored at school? :-)16:06
didrocksKaleo: ok, doing :)16:06
kamusinkenvandine, would you mind to check bug 728203 , seems like with the latest release (in Oneiric) is even worst :( .. thank you16:13
ubot2Launchpad bug 728203 in gwibber "gwibber-accounts crashed with IOError in put_in_keyring()" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/72820316:13
Kaleodidrocks: pushed into ppa :)16:14
kenvandinekamusin, i've looked at it... but i can't see what could be causingit16:16
kenvandineit's failing to get the default keyring... not sure what we can do in that case16:18
kamusinit's weird, seems like he can't finish the validation process or something16:18
kenvandinei can keep it from tracebacking16:18
kenvandine    gnomekeyring.get_default_keyring_sync(),16:18
kenvandineis what fails16:19
kenvandinei need to run to lunch now though, late :)16:19
kamusinif you need any other information just ping me ;)16:19
kenvandinekamusin, you can reliably reproduce it?16:20
pittigood bye everyone, see you in two weeks!16:21
didrockspitti: enjoy your holidays!16:22
Kaleodidrocks: https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-2d/+bug/81470916:27
ubot2Ubuntu bug 814709 in unity-2d "libunity-2d-private-dev package needs to be built and published" [Medium,Confirmed]16:27
didrocksKaleo: nice! You have a comment on your merge req.16:29
didrocksKaleo: and I have a fix for the .pc file to do :)16:29
kamusinyes kenvandine, I was trying to add a facebok or twitter account and always the same behaviour16:30
Kaleodidrocks: awesome16:32
Kaleodidrocks: answered with one question for you16:35
seb128kenvandine, bug #81471716:47
ubot2Launchpad bug 814717 in gwibber "scrolling can lead to empty view" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81471716:47
seb128kenvandine, the description sucks but I was not sure how to describe it properly16:47
kenvandineseb128, good enough :)16:48
seb128kenvandine, bug #814718 as well16:50
ubot2Launchpad bug 814718 in gwibber "the indicator messages count is wrong on fb" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81471816:50
kenvandinekamusin, what is the ownership and permissions on ~/.gnome2/keyrings ?16:53
kenvandinekamusin, and are their files in that dir?16:54
kenvandineseb128, are you aware of gnome-keyring bugs where it fails to get the default keyring?16:54
kenvandinewith an IOError?16:54
kenvandinethere is an identical traceback in a bug against gtkvncviewer too16:55
seb128kenvandine, recent bugs on oneiric both?16:56
seb128kenvandine, there is bug #81375516:56
kenvandinemay 516:56
ubot2Launchpad bug 813755 in gnome-keyring "gnome-keyring-daemon fails to start as it can't get capabilities" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81375516:56
kenvandinethat sounds like it16:56
kenvandinekamusin said the daemon isn't running16:56
kenvandineand he doesn't have a keyrings dir16:56
kenvandinefresh install of the daily16:56
seb128kenvandine, not sure about the may 5 issue but the bug I just pointed might be what kamusin gets16:57
seb128workaround in the bug16:57
seb128well take the workaround from comment #516:57
kamusinseb128, checking..16:57
seb128not the setuid one16:57
kamusinseb128,  sweet.. work around works fine here16:59
kenvandinecjohnston, i bet that is why your google talk is failing too... can you try the same workaround?16:59
kenvandineseb128 thx!17:00
kamusinthank you seb128 :)17:00
kenvandineseb128 is way better than google :)17:01
seb128yw ;-)17:01
seb128kenvandine, is there any way to see the replies to comments in gwibber?17:03
kenvandinenot for facebook, yet17:03
kenvandinethat is a regression from the old client17:04
* micahg would love an in-gwibber in-context button17:04
kenvandinefacebook gives the comments inline in the post17:04
kenvandinemicahg, there sort of is... it takes you to the web now17:04
micahgright, I don't like that :)17:04
kenvandinebut we plan to display that inline17:04
seb128kenvandine, ok, another stupid questions, but is gwibber filtering what to display compared to the web ui?17:05
kenvandinesort of... it splits it up17:05
didrocksdesrt: words on the street tells that really cool people are building dconf-qt with this patch: http://people.canonical.com/~didrocks/0001-Don-t-rely-on-compiz-cmake-magic.patch :)17:05
kenvandinethe "home" stream displays everything together17:05
kenvandineseb128, but links, images, videos get displayed in the attachments tab17:05
kenvandineand messages only displays status updates17:05
kenvandinebut you should see everything in the home stream17:06
didrocksseb128: can you binNEW dconf-qt (well -0ubuntu2 has a correct pc file if you prefer to wait)17:06
seb128didrocks, looking17:06
kenvandineseb128, if you aren't seeing everything, it is a bug17:06
desrtdidrocks: word on the street is that those people will receive conflicts when they try to apply that patch since it's already on master17:08
didrocksdesrt: yeah, people don't live enough on the edge :-)17:08
didrocksdesrt: thanks :-)17:08
mvoseb128: I will upload the new software-properties dbus stuff now, if you could give it some testing17:15
mvoseb128: that would be cool17:16
seb128mvo, sure17:16
seb128mvo, do you want to test trunk before upload or just when it hits the archive?17:16
mvoseb128: I uploaded it already, but feel free to bzr-buildpackage trunk17:16
mvoseb128: so that we can fix any issues before it actually hits the masses17:16
mvothere is a binary-NEW component (the dbus backend)17:17
mvoso there will be some delay anyway17:17
seb128mvo, ok17:19
mvoseb128: hrm, silly me, need to remove the gksu dependency of course :)17:19
mvofixed in trunk17:19
mvoseb128: ok, please let me know if you find more, r692 should be good otherwise. I have dinner now17:20
seb128mvo, I will test in a few minutes, but enjoy your dinner and read the irclog when you come back if you want17:21
seb128(if you plan to come back to read the log)17:21
mvothanks seb12817:21
mvoyeah, I need to do one more upload17:21
didrocksseb128: the new dconf-qt is available17:22
seb128didrocks, is there any reason the dev is arch: any?17:22
seb128didrocks, it seems it's a .pc and symlinks only17:23
didrocksargh, didn't spot that when merging from florian, yeah, there is no .a generated17:23
didrocksseb128: can fix that in next upload, staging the change17:23
seb128didrocks, newed17:26
didrocksseb128: thanks :)17:26
didrocksI pushed the changed in the vcs, no need for an upload now17:26
didrocksok, time for week-end!17:31
didrockssee you on Monday17:31
rodrigo_yeah, me too, see you on Monday!17:39
seb128rodrigo_, didn't you say that you were off monday?17:40
rodrigo_seb128, oh yes, forgot, so yeah, see you on Tuesday! :D17:42
seb128rodrigo_, where is the gsd update! ;-)17:42
seb128rodrigo_, have fun, see you on tuesday, don't worry it can wait a few extra days17:42
seb128mvo, you had bugs!17:47
seb128$ cat /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.ubuntu.SoftwareProperties.service17:47
seb128[D-BUS Service]17:47
seb128mvo, software-properties-common: /usr/lib/software-properties/software-properties-dbus17:47
seb128mvo, lib != share ;-)17:47
seb128$ sudo /usr/lib/software-properties/software-properties-dbusTraceback (most recent call last):17:47
seb128  File "/usr/lib/software-properties/software-properties-dbus", line 26, in <module>17:47
seb128    from softwareproperties.dbus.SoftwarePropertiesDBus import (17:47
seb128ImportError: No module named dbus.SoftwarePropertiesDBus17:47
seb128$ dh_install --list-missing17:49
seb128dh_install: usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/software_properties-0.60.egg-info exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere17:49
seb128dh_install: usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/softwareproperties/dbus/SoftwarePropertiesDBus.py exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere17:49
seb128dh_install: usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/softwareproperties/dbus/__init__.py exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere17:49
seb128mvo, once those installed in my local fixed build17:52
seb128DialogMirror.py", line 34, in <module>17:52
seb128    from softwareproperties.MirrorTest import MirrorTest17:52
seb128ImportError: No module named MirrorTest17:52
seb128mvo, not sure why though17:54
seb128$ python -c "from softwareproperties.MirrorTest import MirrorTest"17:54
seb128ie. that works17:54
seb128it worked because I was in the source dir17:55
seb128mvo, "you had bugs"->"you have bugs" (sorry, I didn't want to mislead you, I didn't fix and upload)17:58
seb128well I can fix the first 217:58
seb128not sure about the mirrortest one17:58
seb128mvo, ok, my turn to get dinner but I will read scrollbar later ;-)18:05
seifseb128, so will you guys revert to raptor from raptor218:45
seifor are you going to encapsulate the upstream fix18:45
tkamppeterIt seems that the last update has switched thunderbird from 5 to 6 and now I cannot see my mail folders any more.19:01
tkamppeterIs this known?19:02
mterrytkamppeter, I can still see mine...19:02
mterrytkamppeter, I know that it has some migration code for your profile.  Maybe yours didn't migrate?19:02
tkamppetermterry, no migration pop-up appeared.19:03
tkamppetermterry, what should I do?19:03
mterrytkamppeter, no, it's behind the scenes, just moves .thunderbird folders around (I believe).  chrisccoulson would know more19:04
tkamppeterchrisccoulson, have you any idea about what to do?19:04
cyphermoxhey mterry19:04
chrisccoulsonthe only migration code is to copy your thunderbird profile to thunderbird-trunk when you run the nightly19:04
mterrycyphermox, heyo19:05
seb128seif, not sure yet but I think we will roll back to the old version until the new one is fixed19:05
chrisccoulsontkamppeter, any errors in the error console?19:05
seifseb128, ok this makes sense then19:05
seifthen we will revert the dependency too19:05
tkamppeterchrisccoulson, I have started thunderbird from the command line, there I got a lot of messages.19:06
seb128I will check with didrocks on monday and ping doko about backporting the fix19:06
tkamppeter`menu_proxy_module_load': /usr/bin/thunderbird-6.0/thunderbird-bin: undefined symbol: menu_proxy_module_load19:07
chrisccoulsontkamppeter, that message is benign19:07
tkamppeter(thunderbird-bin:18362): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to load type module: (null)19:08
cyphermoxseb128: I ran into an issue updating evolution-exchange yesterday, the package is all ready and done but I couldn't upload it; I pushed it to the team branch though19:08
seb128cyphermox, it's not in the desktop set?19:09
tkamppeterchrisccoulson, these two repeat around 6 times. Can it have to do that I have something like 6 mail accounts configured?19:09
cyphermoxaccording to cjwatson it should be possible to add it back to a seed owned by desktop to have it back in the ubuntu-desktop set19:09
seb128cyphermox, can you email cjwatson about getting it added? I will have a look at sponsoring it but maybe not tonight, I was just passing by after dinner to check if mvo replied to my comments19:10
cyphermoxah, I did, hence why I'm asking19:10
cyphermoxor if someone else wants to just sponsor it19:10
seb128cyphermox, hum, desktop set need to be seeded?19:10
chrisccoulsontkamppeter, no, those errors are harmless19:10
chrisccoulsontkamppeter, are there any errors in the error console? "Tools -> Error console"19:11
cyphermoxseb128: just a second19:11
cyphermoxor you know what, we can just work on this monday; it's no rush19:11
seb128cyphermox, yeah, let's do this one monday rather ;-)19:12
cyphermoxrather figure out what's wrong with bluez right now19:12
tkamppetertree is undefined19:13
tkamppeteraFolder is undefined19:13
tkamppetertree is undefined19:13
tkamppeterThese three have all some URI starting with chrome://19:14
tkamppeterformatURL: Couldn't find value for key: TIME_SESSION_RESTORED19:14
chrisccoulsontkamppeter, can you send me the contents of the startupCache folder in your thunderbird profile?19:15
tkamppeterfollowd by a jar:file:///... URI19:15
chrisccoulson(~/.thunderbird/xxxxxxxx.default/startupCache, where "xxxxxxxx" is some random digits)19:15
tkamppeterchrisccoulson, will do19:15
chrisccoulsonthen once you've done that, delete the startupCache folder and restart19:16
chrisccoulsoni bet it will work19:16
chrisccoulsonm_conley ^^19:16
chrisccoulsonthat's the second occurrence of that now :(19:16
chrisccoulsoni wonder if the cache isn't getting blown away after upgrading19:16
m_conleychrisccoulson: hrm..19:17
tkamppeterchrisccoulson, what is your mail address?19:18
chrisccoulsontkamppeter, chris dot coulson AT canonical dot com19:19
tkamppeterthat's it! I can use thunderbird again!19:20
tkamppeterchrisccoulson, but I will send you the file anyway.19:20
chrisccoulsontkamppeter, thanks19:20
chrisccoulsontkamppeter, i've just thought - the file may get bounced by our e-mail gateway, as it's just a zip file19:21
chrisccoulsonnot sure if there's anywhere else you can host it19:21
chrisccoulsonalthough you could try sending it first19:21
tkamppeterchrisccoulson, I have sent it only now.19:23
chrisccoulsontkamppeter, thanks, i've got that now19:24
tkamppeterchrisccoulson, good luck! Perhaps the migration process has to simply delete the file.19:25
mvoseb128: hey my friend, thanks for the awsome testing, I will fix the issues now19:25
seb128mvo, wb ;-)19:26
mvoseb128: you did not fix anything yet in branch that I can just merge, right ;) ?19:26
tkamppeterchrisccoulson, mterry, thank you very much for the quick help.19:27
seb128mvo, no I just fixed locally19:27
seb128mvo, I can do a merge request if you want but it's a 1 liner for each19:27
mvook, should be fine I will fix it up then :)19:28
mvothanks again!19:28
seifmvo, around?19:28
mvoseif: yes19:32
seb128mvo, do you have any clue about the mirrortest one? if I can workaround it I will test if the software run and works ;-)19:33
mvoseb128: no, i can not even reproduce it :/19:35
mvoseb128: how did you trigger it?19:35
mvoseb128: I just did a fresh install i na chroot with the other two fixes19:35
seb128mvo, bzr checkout lp:software-properties19:35
seb128bzr bd19:35
seb128rm *kde*deb19:35
seb128dpkg -i *.deb19:35
seb128but I fixed the .install in between and ran the dbus service by hand19:36
seb128does it make sense?19:36
mvohm, that is mostly what I did now, and I don't see the mirror test error, let me try harder19:36
mvo(cd ~ ; python -c "from softwareproperties.MirrorTest import MirrorTest")19:37
mvo <- work for me with the new code19:37
mvoseb128: what does dpkg -S /usr/share/pyshared/softwareproperties/MirrorTest.py19:37
mvo say?19:37
seb128python-software-properties: /usr/share/pyshared/softwareproperties/MirrorTest.py19:38
mvohm, odd19:38
seb128t$ strace python -c "from softwareproperties.MirrorTest import MirrorTest" 2>&1 | grep softwareproperties 2>&1 | grep -v ENO19:44
seb128open("/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/softwareproperties/__init__.py", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 319:44
seb128open("/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/softwareproperties/__init__.pyc", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 419:44
seb128mvo, it works with python2.6 for some reason19:44
seb128$ python2.6 -c "from softwareproperties.MirrorTest import MirrorTest"19:45
seb128$ python -c "from softwareproperties.MirrorTest import MirrorTest"19:45
seb128Traceback (most recent call last):19:45
mvoseb128: haha, python b0rked again19:47
mvoseb128: and I thought this would be fixed for good now19:47
mvodpkg -L python-software-properties |grep Mirror19:47
mvoI have19:47
mvoin there19:48
seb128$ dpkg -L python-software-properties |grep Mirror19:48
seb128yeah, who else...19:48
seb128mvo, so it would break with python2.6 for you19:48
mvoI have both, 2.7 and 2.6, but apparently you don't :(19:49
mvolets see if the version that I uploaded to the archive builds properly19:49
dobeychrisccoulson: around?19:50
chrisccoulsondobey, yeah, for a few minutes20:11
dobeychrisccoulson: does https://code.launchpad.net/~chrisccoulson/bindwood/ff6-compat make it work on ff5? if so, why haven't you proposed that for merging?! :)20:13
chrisccoulsondobey, oh, i thought that got merged ages ago :/20:13
chrisccoulsoni'm sure we're using that in oneiric already20:13
dobeychrisccoulson: oh. did you put it in an SRU for natty too?20:14
chrisccoulsondobey, yeah. bindwood is on my upgrade checklist - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MozillaTeam/FirefoxUpgradeChecklist/6.020:15
dobeychrisccoulson: and we should get that into bindwood trunk20:15
chrisccoulsondobey - yeah. we should also make sure it's compatible with the current aurora channel (7.0), which is now pretty much API stable20:15
dobeychrisccoulson: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bindwood/+bug/80105020:16
ubot2Ubuntu bug 801050 in bindwood "Bindwood does not work with Firefox 5" [Undecided,New]20:16
chrisccoulsonwtf, bindwood is still sat in proposed20:16
chrisccoulsonthat should have been copied across weeks ago20:17
dobeychrisccoulson: that bug report suggests it doesn't work though?20:17
chrisccoulsondobey, it worked here (in that, i cleared everything in desktopcouch and checked that it recreated my bookmarks when i opened firefox)20:18
dobeychrisccoulson: can you take/dup that bug then, and get your branch proposed for merging into bindwood trunk after adding a commit --unchanged --fixes= for whatever the bug # is? i've seen a few, not sure which one your updated packaging used, but seems like a good one for it20:21
dobeywtf, launchpad won't let me modify some of the bug properties on bug #79848420:25
ubot2Launchpad bug 798484 in moon "Tracking bug for Firefox 5 transition in Natty" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79848420:25
chrisccoulsondobey, what did you want to modify?20:25
dobeychrisccoulson: well, i added upstream bindwood to it as affected, and wanted to assign it to you, since you already fixed it. but it won't let me change assignee, only status and importance20:26
dobeyhrmm, weird. maybe having that many affected packages/series/projects causes lp ui to go wonky20:27
dobeyi clicked to change the status, and it made me go to the edit page, where i could assign it20:28
mterrydobey, I've seen that before too, for bugs with many tasks20:37
chrisccoulsoni guess i should try running bindwood on a latest nightly to make sure it still works as well20:38
chrisccoulsonalthough, i couldn't get desktopcouch to work the last time i tried20:38
chrisccoulsondobey, https://code.launchpad.net/~chrisccoulson/bindwood/ff6-compat/+merge/6890620:39
chrisccoulsonwhat happened to the extras repo that was talked about in orlando last year? do we have packages in that?20:40
dobeydon't know20:42
dobeywe can talk about it in orlando again this year, if you want :)20:42
seb128chrisccoulson, which one?20:43
chrisccoulsonseb128, i think this is what i'm referring to - http://extras.ubuntu.com/20:43
chrisccoulsonoh, not much in there20:44
dobey'news' and 'suspended-sentence'20:44
dobeywhatever those are :)20:44
chrisccoulsoni was wondering if bindwood would be better off in there, so we don't end up with it broken for 5 weeks out of every 6 whilst we wait for someone to wave their hand to say "yep, it works", before it's copied from proposed20:45
dobeychrisccoulson: well, we're doing something similar for u1 stuff anyway :)20:59
chrisccoulsondobey, oh? it might be better to do the same thing with bindwood then :)21:00
chrisccoulsonthe current process doesn't really seem to be compatible with pushing things out quickly21:00
dobeybindwood is part of u1, yes :)21:00
chrisccoulsoncool :)21:00
dobeychrisccoulson: if you propose the upstream fix first, and poke me, things can probably go more smoothly for that anyway.21:02
bigondo you think that cheese could be synced with debian? the only "important" change looks like the apport script21:04
=== m_conley is now known as m_conley_away
bigonkenvandine: any rational about the no-gnu-gettext.patch patch in cheese?21:23
bigonah that was not you, sorry for bothering you21:24

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!