pleia2Hi everyone, just rounding up quorum for the americas meeting and then we'll get started00:00
=== Pendulum_ is now known as Pendulum
pleia2yay Pendulum!00:04
Pendulumsorry! not on my own laptop, but here now :)00:05
MootBotMeeting started at 19:05. The chair is pleia2.00:05
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]00:05
pleia2Hello and welcome to the Ubuntu Membership Review Board for the Americas meeting for July 21st, 2011. The wiki page for the Review Board is available here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/Americas00:05
pleia2The format for the meeting is as follows: We will go through the list of applicants one by one, by date of application (FIFO).00:06
pleia2Each applicant should introduce themselves (1-5 sentences) and provide links to their Ubuntu Wiki page. After the introduction the members of the Membership Review Board will review the pages and, if needed, ask the applicant further questions.00:06
pleia2During this time it is encouraged for other members of the community to show their support for the applicant. Do not be alarmed if the members of the Membership Review Board are quiet during this time; they are most likely reading wiki/launchpad/forum/other pages and deciding how they are going to vote.00:06
pleia2When the board is ready to vote, they will publicly vote in the channel with either +1, 0, or -1 (for membership, abstain, and against membership, respectively). If the sum of those numbers is positive, then the applicant is now an official Ubuntu member! (feel free congratulate them!)00:06
pleia2Now, with any further ado, lets get started with the first applicant...00:06
pleia2looks like tenach isn't here00:07
pleia2mizuno: are you around?00:07
pleia2[TOPIC] mizuno membership00:07
MootBotNew Topic:  mizuno membership00:07
greg-gwelcome, mizuno, please introduce yourself00:07
mizunoI'm a member of Japanese LoCo Team.00:08
greg-gmizuno: so, all of those magazine issues, did you write an article for them?00:08
greg-g(I must admit, I do not read Japanese :) )00:09
mizunogreg-g: yes00:10
mizunoI organize various events for Ubuntu in Japan.I want to make ubuntu known more in Japan.00:10
jkbysHe wrote one or more articles for magazines listed on his page.00:10
pleia2wow, this is a very good wiki page!00:10
greg-gwow, that is great! I'm impressed just by how much you have written!00:11
mizunopleia2: thank you00:12
pleia2great testimonials00:12
pleia2well, you've clearly done amazing work and it's very well-documented so I don't have any questions!00:14
pleia2[VOTE] mizuno membership00:14
MootBotPlease vote on:  mizuno membership.00:14
MootBotPublic votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0  to MootBot00:14
MootBotE.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting00:14
MootBot+1 received from greg-g. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 100:14
MootBot+1 received from pleia2. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 200:14
MootBot+1 received from Pendulum. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 300:14
* greg-g pokes maco 00:14
macowah too fast00:14
MootBot+1 received from maco. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 400:15
MootBotFinal result is 4 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 400:15
pleia2congrats and welcome, mizuno!00:15
greg-gcongrats and welcome, mizuno !00:15
k1lgratz mizuno :)00:15
jkbyscongrats, mizuno00:15
mizunoThank you!00:15
maco すごい00:15
Pendulummizuno: congrats! great job!00:15
pleia2k1l: are you here?00:16
pleia2[TOPIC] k1l membership00:16
MootBotNew Topic:  k1l membership00:16
k1lHi everyone, my name ist Achim Behrens, i am 26 and from Cologne/Germany. I am studying sports sience, row in the first german rowing league and i am the junior coach at my club.00:17
k1lhttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/k1l and https://launchpad.net/~k1l00:17
k1lafter a false start with linux (graphic card drivers related on opensuse) i tried breezy some time lateron with a new machine and since then i am using it first in dualboot and after that on daily use.00:18
k1li got to know the german support and offtopic channel and started to help users where i could give a hand. in 2008 the german op team asked me to join their team. today i am one of 2 ops who are still active since then and was granted superop rights from the teamleader to setup flags and stuff for new ops etc.00:18
k1lmaybe someone knows me from #ubuntu-irc and i hope not from some complaints :)00:18
k1lbesides that i tried to help with some german translations in rosetta after i found myself a very strange one in a released ubuntu, but as you can see on my karma there wasnt much spare time last year.00:19
pleia2k1l: I don't see any testimonials on your wiki page, did anyone from your team happen to come to this meeting tonight to speak about your work?00:20
k1lactually we are trying to reinforce our operators team since we had some dropouts.00:20
greg-gk1l: have you thought about going through IRC Council for membership? since that's your community?00:20
k1lpleia2: actually its 2am in germany :/ but i didnt know that this is necessary00:20
k1lgreg-g: yep i asked one of them but they said that the #ubuntu-de channels are no core channels i should ask at a regular member board00:21
pleia2k1l: well it's hard for us to do an analysis of work on irc (or forums, or the like) because we're not involved with that community and don't speak german, so in these cases testimonals are important00:21
greg-g( the IRC Council wiki page, just for the record: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/IrcCouncil )00:21
greg-gk1l: oh, interesting.00:22
pleia2I don't think that's correct, it should be IRC contributions anywhere :\00:22
pleia2"There are many additional methods of contributing to the Ubuntu IRC community (which includes all channels in the Ubuntu project namespace, not just core channels)"00:22
pleia2from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/Membership00:22
pleia2k1l: do you remember who you spoke to?00:22
k1lpleia2: afaik they granted only one member membership status so far.00:23
pleia2yeah, but that's because no one has been applying00:24
pleia2k1l: I'd suggest getting some testimonials and talking to them again (you can let me know if you run into trouble)00:24
macoor at least the "get testimonials" part00:24
* greg-g nods00:24
k1lpicci and topyli were the guys00:25
macoits totally fine for them to be in german, by the way00:25
greg-ggetting people to leave messages on your wiki page is really helpful.00:25
macowe've all got google translate :)00:25
pleia2Pici isn't an IRCC member anymore, I'll talk to topyli to make sure we're all on the same page with this00:25
pleia2(I suspect it's just a misunderstanding :))00:26
* greg-g nods00:26
k1lok, didnt know testimonial are that important because i contributed since a longer periode and have access list right in the channels because the teamleader isnt that active at this time.00:27
pleia2k1l: I'm sure you do great work, we just need some kind of confirmation from your community :)00:27
macok1l: and the testimonials DONT have to be from existing ubuntu members00:27
macoanyone who's seen you being helpful and getting along well with everyone is fine00:28
k1lpleia2: ok, than i will try my best at a ircc meeting00:28
pleia2k1l: thanks! and feel free to let me know if you have any questions or have any trouble :)00:29
pleia2(any of us can help really)00:29
greg-gk1l: good luck, and thanks for all of your work! Come back as soon as you can!00:29
k1lmaco: ok didnt know that. the german community has a own userbase ( ubuntuusers.de ) and im not used to the behaviour on the wiki.ubuntu.com00:29
macok1l: all you need to edit wiki.ubuntu.com is a launchpad account00:30
k1lallright. thank you for your time.00:30
greg-gthank you.00:31
pleia2thanks everyone, that's it for this evening!00:31
greg-gtake care!00:31
MootBotMeeting finished at 19:32.00:32
gumaraAh, Finally I'm here - -"01:46
* mounir made it15:02
* rsalveti waves15:02
rsalvetimounir: great :-)15:02
rsalvetimounir: have it all to do it this time?15:02
rsalvetiI can help if you need15:02
mounirrsalveti: real good to know you are here :)15:03
* skaet waves15:03
* joshuahoover waves15:03
MootBotMeeting started at 10:03. The chair is skaet.15:03
MootBotCommands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]15:03
skaet[Topic] Oneiric Release Meeting overview - skaet_15:04
skaetAgenda is at:15:04
skaet[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2011-07-2215:04
MootBotNew Topic:  Oneiric Release Meeting overview - skaet_15:04
skaetMany thanks to everyone to helped get 10.04.3 developed, built and tested!15:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseTeam/Meeting/2011-07-2215:04
skaetIt was released yesterday.   For details see:15:04
skaet[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx/ReleaseNotes/ChangeSummary/10.04.315:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx/ReleaseNotes/ChangeSummary/10.04.315:04
skaetThere will be a feedback session after this meeting, so anyone who wants to participate please stay around, and I'll post the meeting info if there's quorum.   If you ideas about areas to improve feel free to add them to:15:04
skaet[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx/10.04.3/Feedback15:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx/10.04.3/Feedback15:04
skaetEvents Approaching:15:04
skaet- 11.10 Alpha 3: August 4, 201115:04
skaet- 11.10 FeatureFreeze : August 11, 201115:04
skaetBugs targetted for this release can be found:15:04
skaet[LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+bugs15:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+bugs15:04
skaetBugs milestoned for oneiric alpha 3 are at:15:04
skaet[LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=3914215:04
MootBotLINK received:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=3914215:04
skaetPlease see the agenda are links to versions without the FTBFS in them,  which improves the signal to noise ratio.  ;)15:04
skaetReminder:   please use ".." on separate line when you've finished typing.   If someone wants to comment during the updates, please "o/", so we know to wait.15:04
skaetinfinity, go,  I think the MootBot's caught up now.15:04
DavieyDo we have a soft-freeze date for A3?15:05
skaetor was infiinity just saying hello?  :)15:05
infinitySoft freeze would be Monday before A3?15:05
skaetDaviey,  infinity,  yes soft freeze will be Monday before,  like usual.15:06
infinityThat may have been me saying hi. :P15:06
skaetheh,  no worries infinity.   Just didn't want to pass over if you did have a question.  :)15:07
skaetany other questions?15:07
skaetif not,  lets head into the round table15:07
skaet[TOPIC] QA team update -  jibel15:08
MootBotNew Topic:  QA team update -  jibel15:08
jibelhi all15:08
jibel* 10.04.3 Testing:15:08
jibel * Testing report will be published early next week.15:08
jibel * Critical/High importance issues found:15:08
jibelbug 58886115:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 588861 in linux (Ubuntu Lucid) ""pad block corrupted" error when trying to register an image with 2.6.34 kernel" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/58886115:08
jibelbug 65070315:08
ubottuLaunchpad bug 650703 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Maverick) "oem-config-prepare works, but oem-config fails to start after reboot" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/65070315:08
jibelbug 81383715:09
ubottuLaunchpad bug 813837 in ltsp (Ubuntu Lucid) "ltsp client not able to load boot file: ltsp/amd64.tmp/pxelinux.0" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81383715:09
jibel588861 is a regression, 650703 was fixed in natty but not SRUed to Lucid, 813837 is under investigation15:09
jibel* Automated Testing progress15:10
jibel  * Server upgrade tests moved to QA Lab15:10
jibel  * Some progress on moving Kernel SRU testing to the QA Lab.15:10
jibel* nVidia Proprietary Driver testing:15:10
jibel  * leak identified when compiz is used with nvidia binary driver (bug 813365)15:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 813365 in unity "compiz leaks memory, becomes sluggish and unusable after using it for few hours" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81336515:10
jibel* Bug activity for the past week15:10
jibel  * 636 new bugs reported during last week against Oneiric (-12% over last week)15:10
jibel  * 70% are crashes (+4.8%) and 47% are duplicates (-15%)15:10
jibel  * Most duplicated and still opened reports are:15:10
jibelbug 804896 and bug 804221 in gnome-settings-daemon15:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 804896 in gnome-settings-daemon (Ubuntu Oneiric) "gnome-settings-daemon assert failure: gnome-settings-daemon: ../../src/xcb_io.c:140: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `req == dpy->xcb->pending_requests' failed." [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/80489615:10
ubottuLaunchpad bug 804221 in gnome-settings-daemon (Ubuntu) "gnome-settings-daemon assert failure: gnome-settings-daemon: ../../src/xcb_io.c:515: _XReply: Assertion `!dpy->xcb->reply_data' failed." [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/80422115:11
jibelbug 80795015:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 807950 in zeitgeist (Ubuntu Oneiric) "zeitgeist-daemon crashed with LookupError in remove_from_connection(): <_zeitgeist.engine.remote.RemoteInterface at /org/gnome/zeitgeist/log/activity at 0xb74ee2cc> is not exported at a location matching (None,None)" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/80795015:11
jibelbug 79707815:11
ubottuLaunchpad bug 797078 in metacity (Ubuntu Oneiric) "metacity crashed with SIGABRT in raise()" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79707815:11
jibel  * Top 5 packages with bugs during last week (dups excluded)15:11
jibelunity, compiz, gwibber, gnome-control-center, lightdm15:11
skaetThanks jibel!15:11
jibelany question ?15:12
skaetExcellent work coordinating the 10.04.3 testing this week.  Thank you.  :)15:12
skaetheh its not a question,  just wanted to say thank you.   :)15:12
jibelThanks for coordinating the release :)15:13
skaeti'll digest the list and cross reference after meeting.15:13
skaetnot seeing other questions so moving on.15:13
skaet[TOPIC] Hardware Certification team update - mlegris15:13
MootBotNew Topic:  Hardware Certification team update - mlegris15:13
mlegrisHi all! o/15:13
mlegris[link] http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/hw-testing/week29_2011.html15:13
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~hwcert/hw-testing/week29_2011.html15:13
mlegris*  Bug #810145 - unity-panel-service crashes*  Bug #708286 - Resume after suspend not working - Toshiba Tecra R700R15:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 810145 in unity (Ubuntu) "unity-panel-service crashed with SIGABRT in __kernel_vsyscall()" [Critical,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/81014515:14
ubottuLaunchpad bug 708286 in linux (Ubuntu Oneiric) "Resume after suspend not working - Toshiba Tecra R700" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/70828615:14
mlegris* 10.04.315:14
mlegrisTesting currently in progress, should be completed EOD15:14
skaetThanks mlegris!  :)15:14
skaetIn terms of the hardware cert for oneiric,   those 2-3 failures,  are still script failures?  or something else?15:15
* skaet notes that the server side is looking much better for failures than desktop/laptop :)15:15
mlegriscorrect, we're still working on our test script to reduce the false negatives15:16
skaetcoolio.  thanks mlegris15:16
skaetany other questions?15:16
skaet[TOPIC] Security team update - jdstrand15:16
MootBotNew Topic:  Security team update - jdstrand15:16
jdstrand[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Oneiric15:17
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/ReleaseStatus/Oneiric15:17
jdstrand[LINK] http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-oneiric/canonical-security.html15:17
MootBotLINK received:  http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-oneiric/canonical-security.html15:17
jdstrandWe are below the trend line for our assigned work items in our blueprints. Fixed a few ufw bugs and enabled ipv6 in ufw by default. We are trying to balance reactive security with work items at this time, and are getting to our remaining work items as time allows. We are hopeful several apparmor work items that our team is responsible for will be completed in the coming weeks.15:17
jdstrandLooking at the list of oneiric bugs (thanks for -ftbfs! :), I don't see anything else worth highlighting.15:17
skaetThanks jdstrand!  :)15:17
* skaet likes -ftbfs as well...15:17
skaetany questions?15:17
skaet[TOPIC] Kernel team update - ogasawara15:18
MootBotNew Topic:  Kernel team update - ogasawara15:18
ogasawaraOverall status is reported at the first link below.  Burn down for oneiric-alpha-3 is at the second link below.  Burndown for the cycle is at the third link:15:18
ogasawara[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Oneiric15:18
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/oneiric/canonical-kernel-team-oneiric-alpha-3.html15:18
ogasawara[LINK] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/oneiric/canonical-kernel-team.svg15:18
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Oneiric15:18
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/oneiric/canonical-kernel-team-oneiric-alpha-3.html15:18
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~platform/workitems/oneiric/canonical-kernel-team.svg15:18
ogasawaraWe uploaded the Ubuntu 3.0.0-6.7 kernel earlier this week and have just rebased to the final v3.0 kernel this morning.  We plan to upload shortly after testing and applying some overlayfs patches.  We are trending slightly above the Alpha3 burn down line but are below in our overall burndown.  The remaining Alpha3 work items are not release critical.15:18
ogasawaraOf the bugs called out on the agenda against the kernel, status is as follows:15:18
ogasawara#542660: looks to be related to EFI boot not loading the video bios into ram.15:19
ogasawara#557261: still no confirmation with a 3.0 kernel and not convinced the warning output by the radeon driver is the root cause of the usb-creator persistence issue.  Bug reporter has followed up in the upstream bug report regarding the driver warning, but no response back yet.15:19
ogasawara#754711: on a 3.0 oneiric kernel, system now suspends but doesn't resume.  would like to use cking's systemtap scripts to debug, if and when they are working on oneiric.15:19
ogasawara#758486: awaiting additional debug information.15:19
ogasawara#760131: partly fixed in Oneiric and soon natty, more analysis ongoing upstream.15:19
ogasawara#784937: seems that names of disk devices have changed, investigation by kernel dev still ongoing as well as discussion with upstream.15:19
ogasawara#790712: the order 5 allocation seems to be bogus and non-fatal; further investigation ongoing.15:19
ogasawara#791850: seems to be triggered by an amazon side change which amazon is investigating; awaiting feedback.15:19
skaetThanks ogasawara. :)15:19
* skaet still reading15:19
skaetappreciate the detail :)  no questions for now.    and not seeing any others,  so moving on...15:21
Martynosagawara : Is the 3.0 final package available for install?15:21
ogasawaraMartyn: not yet, hopefully uploaded by EOD and packages finished building by tomorrow-ish15:21
* skaet looks around for others.... just in case15:21
skaet[TOPIC] Foundations team update - doko_15:22
MootBotNew Topic:  Foundations team update - doko_15:22
Martynok.  I'll regress the 542660 on my iMac15:22
doko_- ongoing work on getting python-support from the CD's15:22
doko_- preparations for a 5000 bug triage (all upgrade related reports)15:22
doko_- ongoing work on software center and unattended upgrades15:22
doko_- work on dbus and upstart related issues.15:22
doko_- Starting back in on the GRUB menu enhancements required to use it on the CD15:22
doko_- GCC/Linaro July release uploaded to oneiric.15:22
doko_- ongoing Wubi work15:22
doko_- many people at Debconf this week and the next week15:22
doko_- the "noise" is down under 700 reports15:22
doko_sorry, not that formal this week ...15:22
* skaet just wondering if you're done, and I can ask some questions...15:24
doko_yes, done15:24
skaetThanks doko_ :),15:24
skaetDid the gcc linaro branch get cut?15:24
doko_I didn't check15:25
skaetok,  lets see if rsalveti has an update a bit later on that.15:25
mounirskaet: gcc linaro 4.5, 4.6 and qemu have been released if that is what you are asking15:26
skaetmounir, no,  michael is going to be making a branch from here on,  I believe,  so we only get bug fixes from now to end of release.   Just wanted to check it happened.15:26
skaetdoko_, anything about to land from foundations before alpha3 that could be problematic for othere?15:27
skaetothers even ;)15:27
rsalvetiskaet: this latest upload already incorporate linaro gcc4.6, so now we just need to follow how these stable releases are going to work for next months15:27
doko_not that I am aware of. the gcc-4.6 on armel is still building however15:28
skaetthanks doko_!15:28
skaetany other questions?15:28
skaetrsalveti,  yup its the stable "releases" from the branch, I just want to make sure we're all coordinated on.  :)15:28
skaet[TOPIC] ARM team update - infinity15:29
MootBotNew Topic:  ARM team update - infinity15:29
infinity[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARMTeam/ReleaseStatus/Oneiric15:29
infinity[LINK] http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-oneiric/canonical-arm.html15:29
infinityTo be fair, I was told only last night that I was filling in for ogra and NCommander in the meeting, so I can't speak to the team's overall progress here as well as I'd like.15:29
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARMTeam/ReleaseStatus/Oneiric15:29
MootBotLINK received:  http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-oneiric/canonical-arm.html15:29
infinityWe've been knocking off WIs though, especially in the QA and Server validation areas, ubuntu-core landed (and seems to DTRT), and preinstall package pools will make it for A3 (I have a working implementation here, except that it still requires me to fiddle with cdimage to enable mangling of the images to sign the preinstalled pool).15:29
skaetThanks infinity!15:30
skaetdo we have working OMAP3 images yet?  or is that still broken?15:30
infinityI'd have to ask GrueMaster, I'm not sure, since I have no OMAP3 hardware... ;)15:31
infinity(Note the lack of preparedness for the meeting)15:31
skaetunderstood.   and thanks for steping in.  :)15:32
skaetany other questions?15:32
skaet[TOPIC] Server team update - Daviey15:32
MootBotNew Topic:  Server team update - Daviey15:32
Daviey== Feature Development ==15:33
DavieyThis week has mostly been about consolidating work that has happend since the platform rally.  We've largely been working on bugs associated with features, many of which were uncovered recently.15:33
DavieyCycle Overview:15:33
MootBotLINK received:  http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-oneiric/group/topic-oneiric-server-overview.html15:33
DavieyAreas of concern:15:33
Davieyserver-o-lxc-improvements - This is expected to get significant attention in an LXC sprint Canonical are running starting in two weeks.15:33
Davieyserver-o-boot-experience - Spamaps has been working on this during the week, suspect the work will roll into next week.15:33
Daviey== Bugs pertinent to Oneiric Server release ==15:33
MootBotLINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~davewalker/release-bugs.html15:33
DavieyThis includes bugs we are working on, bugs other teams are working on that we are watching and the MIR's we need.15:33
Daviey* If there are bugs missing on that list, please raise it with me asap. *15:33
DavieyBugs to note:15:33
DavieyBug-791850 in linux (Ubuntu): "oneiric cluster compute instances do not boot" -- Currently assigned to utlemming whilst he tries to find out some further information from Amazon, but will most likely need to be handed over to the kernel team.15:33
DavieyBug-813295 in python2.7 (Ubuntu): "urlib.request fails to open Eucalyptus metadata service" -- Seems to be a bug in upstream python, barry has been assisting in a resolution. (it's expected that it will affect other apps).15:33
DavieyBug-578536 in autofs5 (Ubuntu): "when stopped, automount orphans some mounts" -- Emailed upstream asking for clarification of the resolution, and as yet waiting for a response.  Suspect will need to bisect.15:33
Daviey<-- Cobbler bugs -->: RoAkSox is currently working to address them.15:33
skaetThanks Daviey15:34
skaetwill look at your release bugs list after the meeting in more detail  :)15:34
barrystill no resolution in the upstream bug, but i'm still tracking it15:34
Davieybarry: thanks!15:35
skaetDaviey,  what is going to be landing between now and A3 freeze?15:35
Davieyskaet: TBH, it largely depends how quickly we can get some of the feature issues resolved.15:35
skaetok,  just a reminder then that feature freeze is one week after  ;)15:36
skaetany other questions15:36
skaet[TOPIC] Linaro update - rsalvetti15:37
MootBotNew Topic:  Linaro update - rsalvetti15:37
rsalvetimounir: want to go?15:37
skaetor mounir. :)15:37
rsalvetiif not I also have enough to report :-)15:37
mounirrsalveti, it does not matter to me - please go ahead15:37
rsalvetiok, let me paste15:37
rsalveti- Linux Linaro 3.0 released for 11.07, packages will be updated in the next few days15:37
rsalveti- Gcc 4.6 and 4.5 also released: https://launchpad.net/gcc-linaro/+milestone/4.6-2011.07, and gcc-4.6 was already updated by doko reflecting the release15:37
rsalveti- Qemu also released: https://launchpad.net/qemu-linaro/+milestone/2011.07, slangasek will follow with the usual packaging for qemu-linaro15:37
rsalveti- Work still on going to release Linaro U-Boot for 11.07, as the idea is to release it with SPL support (to replace x-loader on omap)15:37
rsalveti- Unfortunately still no update for bug 775849, will push that to see if we can get something at least for alpha 315:37
ubottuLaunchpad bug 775849 in eglibc (Ubuntu) "[armel] eglibc test regressions on armel in oneiric" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/77584915:38
rsalvetiskaet: michael updated https://wiki.linaro.org/MichaelHope/Sandbox/StableBranch, so we should have stable releases from now on15:38
rsalvetiwe'll see how that goes15:38
rsalvetimounir: anything else you want to cover?15:38
mounirgraphics: glconbench and glmark have also released15:39
rsalvetiwe'll be working to get that pushed to the archive soon15:39
rsalvetiand usual plat releases will be out next week15:39
rsalvetifor Ubuntu LEB and Android, if anyone is interested15:40
skaetThanks rsalveti and mounir!  :)15:40
skaetrsalveti,  appreciate if you can get that bug handled before alpha3  :)15:40
skaetthanks for the details. :)15:41
rsalvetiskaet: yeah, will work on that next week, for sure15:41
skaetanyone else have any questions?15:41
skaet[TOPIC] Ubuntu One Team -  Chipaca or joshuahoover15:41
MootBotNew Topic:  Ubuntu One Team -  Chipaca or joshuahoover15:41
joshuahoover[LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/OneiricReleaseStatus15:41
MootBotLINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/OneiricReleaseStatus15:41
joshuahooverwe have a new release of ubuntuone-control-panel & ubuntuone-storage-protocol out today15:41
joshuahooverwork on how we change the installation & updates of u1 software begins next week by dobey (he's working on adding work items now):15:42
joshuahoovernew releases of ubuntuone-client will be made once the cross platform issues are worked out...we thought that would be this week but the team working on it needs another week (and is sprinting on it next week)15:42
skaetThanks joshuahoover15:42
skaetgo pitti15:42
pittiI had a question last week about the plans for porting the rhythmbox music store to GTK3, or whether it should be dropped entirely?15:42
pittiwe can do either, just need to know at some point to unbreak the upgrade15:43
joshuahooverpitti: right, i asked Chipaca about that and he said we want to but we're not sure we can support it, i'll push for a decision by the next meeting15:43
Chipacaif that's next week, we need to talk today :)15:43
pittijoshuahoover: ok, thanks; if we are going to drop, we can do that late in the game, but doing this by beta-1 would be great15:43
skaetjoshuahoover, ok if I give an action item to track it?15:43
pittithanks joshuahoover15:44
=== noy_ is now known as noy
skaetany other questions?15:45
skaetjoshuahoover, looking forward to seeing the new features,  thanks for letting us know they've landed.  :)15:46
skaetok,  moving on...15:46
skaet[TOPIC] Desktop Team update - pitti15:46
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop Team update - pitti15:46
pittiNew compiz/unity releases this week. Compiz introduced some known performance and keybinding regressions, which are known and being worked on by DX.15:46
pittiLanded python3-gobject in Debian sid and oneiric, which should help with adopting Python 3.15:46
pittisoftware-center port to GTK3 making good progress, but will most probably miss oneiric; will land in time for the 12.04 LTS, though. Also, Shotwell and Firefox confirmed that they are working on GTK3 port, so we can hopefully drop GTK 3 in 12.04 LTS.15:47
pittiUbuntuSpec:desktop-o-cd-localization reached beta now: version 0.9 grew a mostly working image build script, plus the remaining required features. Now this only needs packaging of our syslinux theme, then it should be ready for more widespread testing.15:47
pittiWork item status: a bit behind on alpha-3, but on track for final release. But we have a bunch of blueprints which can easily be postponed to the next cycle, to concentrate on bug fixing after alpha-3.15:47
pittiCD size: back from 730 to 715 MB, by reverting back to ibus-pinyin; Chinese Edition will have sunpinyin, as well as online installations with the regular CD (pulled in by language-selector and ubiquity). Thunderbird grew by 3 MB, will be fixed in next upload again.15:47
pittiRC bugs:15:47
pitti * Moderate progress15:47
pitti * no serious alpha-3 breakers right now15:47
pitti * most important one is bug Bug:806064; now discussed with Robert, and solution is clear, and on track for alpha-315:47
pitti * Details at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus#rcbugs as usual15:47
pittiand, to preemt skaet's next question:15:47
pittiMajor things that we expect to land this release still, and which you might need to be aware of:15:48
pitti * LibreOffice 3.4 (probably for alpha-3, package almost ready to go)15:48
pitti * Some GNOME 3.2 bits like the online accounts panel (currently going through NEW and being integrated)15:48
pitti * Chinese Edition (doesn't directly affect Ubuntu images, though)15:48
pitti * Ubuntu lightdm theme (already in universe)15:48
skaetThanks pitti!  :)15:48
* skaet likes having questions pre-empted ;)15:48
skaetanyone else have questions?15:48
skaet[TOPIC] Desktop Experience Team Update - dbarth or njpatel15:49
MootBotNew Topic:  Desktop Experience Team Update - dbarth or njpatel15:49
dbarthstatus notes at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/OneiricReleaseStatus#preview15:49
dbarth(minus the preview)15:49
dbarthin essence, we've got a new unity release with an interesting shared lib15:49
dbarthwill be used between the 3d and 2d update of lenses15:50
dbarthbig news on the CJK issue this week15:50
dbarthwe've got a fix up for testing; kudos go to Brandon and didrocks15:50
dbartha new alt-tab plugin as well, landing next to a compiz release that we would have liked better15:51
dbarth(corrective actions in place)15:51
dbartha new libindicator release for those who care, otherwise work on the rest of the stack progressing well15:51
dbarthutouch, nothing big, but the QML integration is closer; API has been reviewed, looking good15:52
dbarthslow progresses on unity-2d15:52
dbarthbut florian back next monday to unblock loads of merge props lined up this week15:52
skaetThanks dbarth :)15:52
skaetwhat's planned to land between now and A3?15:52
dbarthan update of the lenses essentially, using the new shared library15:53
dbarththat's the main element15:53
skaetdo you have an outlook date?15:54
dbarthfor the rest will mostly start hitting the bug pile15:54
dbarthnext week'ish for the first code drop15:54
dbarthand the week after for something more solid15:54
dbarthwe don't have much time left15:54
skaetthanks dbarth,  yup.   Just trying to figure out how it will all fit,  and when we might be a bit broken ;)15:55
skaetany other questions?15:55
skaet[TOPIC] Kubuntu Team update - ScottK15:55
MootBotNew Topic:  Kubuntu Team update - ScottK15:55
ScottKThe major news this week is we've finally transitioned to the KDE git based 4.7 tarballs that are split into a LOT more packages.15:56
ScottKWe have all the packaging updated and KDE 4.7 rc1 in the archive.15:56
ScottK4.7.0 will be tagged this week and we are starting on packaging it.15:56
ScottKThere's a little bit of maintenance work left of getting rid of old packages and kubuntu packageset definition, but we are ~there.15:57
ScottKI want to mention bug 735166 - KDE upstream's position on this is very clear and we'll (as we generally do) follow them in this.15:58
ubottuLaunchpad bug 735166 in kde-workspace (Ubuntu) "Hide KDE System Settings in Ubuntu" [Low,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/73516615:58
ScottKI think Gnome is clearly in the wrong and that's where it needs to be fixed.15:58
ScottKIn the meantime, if there's an Ubuntu work around for the Gnome bug, it shouldn't be in the KDE packages.15:58
skaetThanks ScottK15:59
ScottK(there's a reference in the bug to the upstream discussion)15:59
skaetSounds like 4.7 will make A3 :)   congrats!16:00
ScottKBarring disaster, yes.16:00
pitti. o { another reason to drop the shell completely and provide a Unity lens *cough* }16:00
* skaet crosses fingers to avert disaster. ;)16:00
skaetany questions?16:01
skaet[TOPIC] Edubuntu Team update - highvoltage16:01
MootBotNew Topic:  Edubuntu Team update - highvoltage16:01
* skaet looks around for highvoltage ?16:02
skaethmm... ok moving on.16:02
skaet[TOPIC] Xubuntu Team update - charlie-tca16:02
MootBotNew Topic:  Xubuntu Team update - charlie-tca16:02
charlie-tcaBug 804734 is fixed, now we are working to get lightdm working in time for alpha3.16:02
ubottuLaunchpad bug 804734 in xorg (Ubuntu) "Please ship 60xdg_path-on-session like gdm" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/80473416:02
charlie-tcaNo major changes planned other than getting lightdm working fully16:03
skaetThanks charlie-tca!  :)16:03
skaetok,  won't worry to much about interactions specific for Xubuntu then for A3.   Anything concerns about Feature Freeze the following week?16:04
charlie-tcanone that I know of at this time16:04
skaetthanks.   any other questions?16:04
skaet[TOPIC] MOTU team update - tumbleweed16:05
MootBotNew Topic:  MOTU team update - tumbleweed16:05
* tumbleweed waves16:05
tumbleweedI've been pretty much offline this week (and am currently sitting on a plane to debconf (on the ground))16:05
tumbleweedThere's a fair amount to do, as ever: FTBFS fixing and NBS (transitions)16:05
tumbleweedThere's FTBFS progress, but slow: http://corelli.tumbleweed.org.za/ubuntu-qa/qa-ftbfs/oneiric-historical.html16:05
skaetThanks tumbleweed :)16:05
skaetanyone have questions?16:05
skaet[TOPIC]  any other business?  comments/questions/etc...16:06
MootBotNew Topic:   any other business?  comments/questions/etc...16:06
=== noy_ is now known as noy
skaetThere will be a feedback session for 10.04.3 release,  at the 1/2 hour point after this meeting.   Anyone who wants to attend, and provide feedback,  please drop me a ping after this,  and I'll provide the dialin info.16:07
skaetanyone else?16:07
skaetok, its a wrap then.    Thanks everyone!16:08
MootBotMeeting finished at 11:08.16:08
pittithanks everyone!16:08
charlie-tcaThanks, skaet16:08
skaetThanks jibel, mlegris, jdstrand, ogasawara, doko_,  infinity, rsalveti, mounir, Daviey, joshuahoover,  Chipaca, pitti, dbarth, ScottK, charlie-tca, tumbleweed.16:08
joshuahooverthank you skaet16:08
rsalvetiskaet: thanks!16:08
jdstrandthanks skaet :)16:09
jibelThanks skaet16:10
=== Claudinux_ is now known as Claudinux
=== Andre_Go` is now known as Andre_Gondim
=== yofel_ is now known as yofel
=== apachelogger is now known as birthdaylogger
=== noy_ is now known as noy

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.7 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!